Speaker 1: I hope you had a great weekend everybody. There's a lot to talk about, and everybody's here playing in the sandbox, playing nice as well, including Fritzy operators standing by Tyler as we do every Monday, Best and worst of the weekend, which you saw that you'll liked, you didn't like? Your opportunity to take part in the program. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards at the Dan Patrick Show eight seven to seven three DP show email address ATDP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle, a DP show. Ross Tucker, our good buddy, will join us in a little bit. Big Mike Golick will stop by as well. In the great Bob Costas will join us play the day poll question stat of the Day. All of that coming up. We have two games tonight, Titans at the Dolphins, Packers at the Giants, Headlines Dodgers get show, Hey o Tani ten years, seven hundred million dollars. We'll talk about that with Bob Costas a little bit later on Bill's beat the Chiefs, Cowboys roll the Eagles. Joe Flacco still rolling along. He's there with the Cleveland Browns and how about those Broncos. Broncos are still in the thick of things and Zach Wilson can still play football. Alrighty see, what kind of poll question do you have for us today? At least just start out. That depends on where you want to start. Dan, mm, would you like to start with, say the Chiefs? Sure, sure, I guess we can do that.
Speaker 2: Should the referees have thrown the flag on Chiefs wide receiver Kadarius Tony, Yes or no?
Speaker 1: Okay? First of all, the officials don't want to make that call. They don't want it to be about them. It's so egregious. It's like, oh my god, I got a call that now. First of all, you can hold on a play. We can all agree there's holding on every play, but then they're holding, you know, there's some contact down field, but then there's pass interference. Like there's certain things that you go, I gotta call that. The official does not want to call that because now they're they're at the center of this storm. Kadarius Tony has to go up to the line of you just check. That's all you just check. You look over. It happens hundreds and hundreds of times every NFL Weekend. All you do go out in the line, How am I? He didn't do it? And he's so he's almost right next to you know, von Miller, and von Miller plays for the Buffalo Bills. But look, is it a wonderful play? Yes, we would be talking about that, the creativity, free lancing. What happened on that play? Travis Kelcey, Kadarius Tony actually making a positive play, And it feels like there's three things that happened with him. He drops a ball, he's injured, or he makes a play where you go, oh, that guy is unbelievable in that order, Yes, pretty much. But I understand that the Kansas City Chiefs have to be still a little frosty with the non call at Lambeau, which was past interference that was not call. Go back to d Ford remember that against Tom Brady playoffs. Yes, so I understand it. But I'm sure the Kansas City Chiefs have benefited from some calls as well. But in this case, and looking at an overhead view of this, it's pretty obvious there now, I don't understand why Kadarius Tony would have feel the need to push the limit because he wasn't the primary target. He's a trailer. You don't have to be out in front of anything here. I just didn't know why. If you look at what Kelsey does when Mahomes hits him, Tony is back a few yards and then throws the lateral to him. I don't know why he was felt the need to feel, you know, feel like he could get a head start here. But Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes' reaction changed everything. It really did. It went from oh my gosh, that's a crazy you know, how can you be off side? To then Mahomes being upset, like how can they call that off side? The officials do not want to be in that position to make that call. Trust me, the Home office doesn't like this. They don't want to be the story. Here's Mahomes on the reps taking away greatness.
Speaker 3: I mean not only for me, but just for football in general. I mean just to take away greatness like that. I mean for a guy like Travis to make a play like that, and who.
Speaker 4: Knows we win?
Speaker 3: As I know, as fans, you want to see the guys on the field decide the game. And that's why last week I didn't say anything about the flag. They didn't get called on the Marquez and so I mean, I mean, they're human, man. They made mistakes. But I mean it's every week we're talking about something and all I can do is go out there and give every I have and I'm proud of the guys. That's what we did. And it was a great football game that ended in another great football game that just ended like that.
Speaker 1: It's just tough. Tough as well. Okay, is it fair to the Buffalo Bills if you don't call it? What about when James Bradbury got called for past interference in the Super Bowl. I didn't hear Patrick Mahomes say, oh, and you really shouldn't call that in that situation. They shouldn't have called that in that situation, but they did. I didn't hear anything. I mean, this happens week in and week out, and it happens to the greatest players. Yeah. See, there are.
Speaker 2: Calls that are like was it holding? Uh, yeah, I guess it was, Or was it pass interference? I guess it was or whatever, And those are the ones that you kind of wish that they wouldn't call, but sometimes they do, and you understand, this is like, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You're a yard off side?
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: But it's such a stupid call, but the exact right call to make, though those are probably the more frustrating.
Speaker 1: Dude, look at what You're a full human body at head. Hey everyone else, what are you doing? That's what's lost in all of this. Kadarius Tony did something stupid. I mean, that's really what the that's what this is all about. He didn't need to be up close, he didn't need to be off sides. They still could have had the play. So the anger for Patrick Mahomes and the chief should be on with Kadarius Tony. He made it so obvious the officials had to call it. That's where it's getting lost here. Do I want it to come down to that? Would I have love for the game to end on a touchdown like that, even though the Bills would have had a little over a minute ago. Yes, absolutely, it was wonderful, but that's not the reality. The reality is Tony was off side so much so the official had to call it. I don't like it, but you know there's situations where you go it's so egregious. I have to call this here is Mahomes talking about the flag that was thrown on the play.
Speaker 3: To happen on the flag, chain's outcome of a game in that moment. I mean I've played seven years, never had that, never had offensive all side.
Speaker 1: It's called.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the that's elementary school we talk about. I mean, you point to the ref do all that different type of stuff and it doesn't get called, and if it does, they warn you. And there was no warning throughout the entire game. And then you wait, there's a minute left in the game to make a call like that. It's just tough, man, I mean lost for wordsman, It's just tough because regardless if we want to lose, man, just for it to end up with another game and we're talking about the refs. Man, this is not what we want for the NFL for football.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you direct your anger to Kadarius Tony as well there, Patrick, because I mean, at least privately, this is a point of emphasis for the officials. This year hasn't been, but it has been this year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I do give Patrick Mahomes some credit for, I mean, right down to the bitter end, having his teammates back.
Speaker 1: And because I haven't heard a.
Speaker 2: SoundBite played that was just like, well, you know, it would have been nice if he had lined up correctly, but he didn't. So oh well, he's putting a blame one hundred percent on the officials.
Speaker 1: So this is from Gene's sterotor official. When officiating the line of scrimmage, general philosophy is not to be overly technical and split hairs over very minor infractions such as a receiver's hands slightly breaking the line of scrimmage. However, when an infraction is so egregious and obvious, a flag has to be thrown. Kadarius Tony is blatantly lined up off sides and in the neutral zone. You rarely see an offside penalty on offense. But that is not because this play isn't a foul. It's because a receiver rarely lines up all upsides. It's the right call. We don't we don't want the officials to decide things. I don't want this play. I wanted the play that was a touchdown. That's that's what we want to watch. It was something incredible. But Kadarius Tony is the problem in this situation, not the officials, and they're going now we can blame them, and we blame them just about every Monday. There's always something. But in this situation, you have to call it, you do? You have to call it?
Speaker 6: Ye. I got a question from the room on the play itself. Kelsey catches the ball, he's streaming downfield, all sudden he turns and throws it along lateral to Tony. Is there any chance and I don't think so, But is there any chance that was a planned play of some type? It seemed reactionary.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's just because of where Tony was on the play, because he was back and I would have thought that he would have been downfield if he's trying to get such a headstart off the line of scrimmage, that he would have been going towards the end zone. But he's not. He didn't get very far down the field. He seemed pretty ready to catch that. Yeah. I don't think he was surprised. I don't know if Travis Kelcey talked about that being improvisational. I don't know. I didn't see any comments from Travis Kelcey after or if Mahomes said, you know, that's a play or Andy Reid said, that's a play that we designed here is Andy Reid, the Chiefs head coach, about that play.
Speaker 7: It was a heck of a football game down to the end. Very disappointed that it and of the way it did. Normally, I'll get I never use any of this as excuses, but normally get a warning before something like that happens in a big game. A bit embarrassing in the National Football League for that to take place normally. Yeah, normally, Uh, if if it's even close, you get you get a warning. Uh, the head coach gets a warning. I mean that normally, So I don't know. I didn't have a protractor out there, but it's a bit embarrassing. I've been in the league a long time and uh, I haven't had one like that. So we're we're at least for that kind of a position there that it is not given a heads up to.
Speaker 1: Okay, go back to the James Bradbury call in the Super Bowl. Watch that again. Tell me if it should have been called. In my opinion, it shouldn't have been called. But I didn't hear anybody say, hey, you know, it's tough that they would make that call in the Super Bowl. Nobody from the Chief said that like this play was taken from us too as fans, and that that's why when Mahomes is throwing his help, I mean he lost it and he never loses it throwing his helmet, even going out to Josh Allen. Here's Josh Allen going a good game and he's still complaining about the officiating, and that's lost in this too. Buffalo went into Kansas City and won a game during a week where a deep dive of their head coach came out and it felt like there's a lot of people in the organization who don't like Sean McDermott or this was a hit piece. They went on the road and beat Kansas City when Kansas City is coming off a loss at Green Bay, and now you get that frustration starting to set in because if you're a Chiefs fan, you might not be playing your playoff games at home, and I think that's set in as well. Give credit Buffalo's defense, which is led by Sean McDermott as far as the head coach. They did a wonderful job shutting down on Kansas City. So there's other things that play here, and Josh Allen played well well enough, and Buffalo's defense, you know, with stood the test there. But you know, this is disappointing that we lost this play. And Mahomes even said, you know, I hope they show that it is Travis Kelcey's Hall of Fame speech. Well, you can do that too. I mean, I'd put it in there if I'm Travis Kelcey. Here's Patrick Mahomes talking about that.
Speaker 3: It's a legendary moment, man, I mean nothing that's not taught something that only a couple people in this world would even think about doing. For him to make that play in that moment, miss making the catch, making a couple dudes missed, and throwing the ball across the field to another guy and scoring a touchdown in that moment, I hope they still show it whenever he goes to the Hall of Fame because that's that's a legendary moment that we didn't get to, didn't get to really witness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, But if I'm Travis Kelcey, you get to put together your own highlight reel. Put whatever you want up there, all right? Eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a GP show.
Speaker 2: It's funny because Chiefs fans are treating the video of that film like it's the Zapruder film.
Speaker 1: Watch that play and be like.
Speaker 8: No, no, why is it cut off before? How do we know he didn't check before the video starts. Discover wants everyone to feel special. That's why your Discover card you have twenty four to seven access to customer services as well as zero dollar fraud and liability, which means never held responsible for unauthorized purchases.
Speaker 4: Learn more.
Speaker 1: Discover dot com slash credit card limitations to apply. All right, so we'll try to settle on a poll question. We'll talk about the Dodgers with sho hey Otani. Congrats to Jaden Daniels winning the Heisman. You have the Titans and the Dolphins, Packers and the Giants coming up. We'll take a break. Our good buddy Ross Tucker will RecA amp the weekend in the NFL. We'll get to your phone calls as well. Just getting started, Dan and The Dan Edge Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Paully Foosco here with Tony Fusco Yo of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports talks, the Paully and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 9: Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is.
Speaker 4: Why. Yeah, Instead of us doing.
Speaker 9: That, let's just let our millions of fans.
Speaker 4: Do the darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play the tape you don't.
Speaker 10: Know crap about four owner crap. Whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: That's the wrong tape, wrong tape. Just forget that.
Speaker 9: Look, listen to the Paully Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever.
Speaker 1: You get your podcasts. All right, Seeing, so the poll question, we're gonna go with Bill's Cheap finished last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, We're gonna put up there if the referee should have thrown the flag on Tony.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get phone calls coming up. Best and worst of the weekend. We'll talk a little bit more about the Dodgers with show Heyo Tani. Mercedes Ben's Holiday Love celebration is here. Incredible offers on exceptional vehicles. You can learn more. The sale goes on through January second, learn more at nbusa dot com slash special offers. Speaking of special, he's Ross Chunker Westwood one, CBS Sports, NFL analyst and host of the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. You can find him on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. Should they have thrown the flag on the play with Kadarius Tony Ross?
Speaker 11: Absolutely yep.
Speaker 12: I'm actually really surprised Dan that Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are complaining as much as they are. I mean, we still haven't had anybody say that he wasn't off sides, Like like, Mahomes is kind of like yeah, but it was such a cool play.
Speaker 11: It's a shame that they had to take it away.
Speaker 12: And Andy Reid's like I usually get a warning, like what are.
Speaker 11: We talking about? Andy wants a warning.
Speaker 12: Mahomes just wants at the count because Kelsey made one of the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen.
Speaker 11: The guy was off sides.
Speaker 12: And what you know, somebody has to have it, uh, Dan, I'm guessing CBS has it.
Speaker 11: Like I want to go.
Speaker 12: I want to see like twenty seconds before the snap, cause you know how the protocol is now, right, Dan?
Speaker 4: I know you know this?
Speaker 12: Okay, the receiver. They're either on the ball or they're off the ball. If they're off the ball, they look over and they say that and they look at the side judge and they're like, I'm off, I'm off, And a judge will be like, okay.
Speaker 11: If they're on, they am I good? Am I good?
Speaker 12: And if you're off sides, the side judge will help you out, like those guys try to help you.
Speaker 11: They'll say, we're back a little bit.
Speaker 12: No, okay, now you're good, Like that's what happens. So you know, I'm seeing some people say, well, Canaria.
Speaker 11: Is Tony checked? No, he didn't. I mean he didn't. He didn't.
Speaker 12: He didn't follow the whole procedure because if he really asked the guy, he might have just said to the ref I'm on and pointed that I'm up on the boat. Yeah, no kidding, Cadarius, you're not on. You're so on your off side. You gotta look at the guy and.
Speaker 11: Make sure you're okay. It wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: Now official won't jump in and say to him in the moment, like you have to ask for confirmation from the official. He wouldn't say to Tony Hey nineteen, back up back up. Does that happen.
Speaker 12: Because he's in the slot and the side judge is pretty far away, and it's it's not the side judges or line judge whatever, it's not their job to make sure that you're okay.
Speaker 11: If you look, they will help you. They don't want to throw the flag. They actually give you like a decent amount of gray area.
Speaker 12: Although because of the brotherly shove this year, Dan, they've made it a point of emphasis, because of what happened in the opener with Juwan Taylor at right tackle being too far off, and because of the brotherly shop and they don't like it, so they're trying to figure out ways to change it. And they don't want the offensive line for the Eagles all up on the ball. They've made that a point of emphasis this year like I've never seen before. So it's even more of an onus on these line judges to make these calls.
Speaker 11: And it was the right call.
Speaker 12: It's a shame. I mean, nobody wanted to be off sides. That would have been one of the awesomest plays we've ever seen. It stinks that Tony lined up offsides.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this to start the show. Kadarius Tony doesn't have to be offside, like he doesn't have to be even pushing the envelope because his part of the play, if it was designed, is to be back you know, from Travis Kelcey. He's really kind of stopped. He's in a neutral zone there, neutral area. I don't know why he felt the need to get out and if he was going to the end zone then I get it, but he wasn't. He probably went down ten yards and sort of stopped and then Kelsey got the ball. But I don't know if this was a design play or not. What do you think?
Speaker 11: That's a really good question. I think it was built in to the play. But I don't think Kelsey just did that on a whim.
Speaker 12: I think it was built in as an option or a possibility. I'm actually surprised, given the fact that there were multiple defenders around Kelsey, that he had the guts to pull it off and actually throw it. It was amazing, you know, one thought I had watching that, Dan, I feel like, on some level, this will be the next thing in the sport of football.
Speaker 11: You know, like we had the chip.
Speaker 12: Kelly hurry up, and you know there's always like the next thing you know, the zone reads the RPOs. Someone smart and creative is gonna is gonna and that's not.
Speaker 11: Gonna be all the time.
Speaker 12: It's not gonna be, but they're gonna have a couple plays a game, or they're gonna have built in laterals like this almost like built in hooking ladders and have some success with it.
Speaker 11: Why wouldn't you try that, especially if you're a lesser team.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Ross Tucker Westwood, one CBS Sports NFL college football analyst. He was on the call of Army Navy on Saturday. Doesn't matter where they play. That atmosphere, you know, they bring that atmosphere when they bring in the cadets, and it was and of course you get down to a fourth and goal stop at the goal. I mean, it was awesome. It was wonderful.
Speaker 11: Dan. It's it's my single favorite day of the year. Every year. I tell everybody, if you haven't been, you gotta go.
Speaker 12: I don't know why then, but ever, once I get to the stadium, my chest is like this the whole time. I'm just like so full of pride and patriotism the entire game, seeing every cadet, every midshipman, the energy they bring.
Speaker 11: I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 12: I don't know if they rig the game or what, but it comes down to the last play every year. It's unbelievable that it comes down to the last play every year. And it was just a fantastic, fantastic day. Highly recommend it. And you know what's crazy. I don't know if you know this, but they were telling me before the game. It was the second highest ticket in the history of Gillette Stadium, the last thing I had seen on my app on my phone. It was seven hundred and eighty seven dollars. Was the cheapest ticket to get in, the only more expensive ticket, more than any Patriot game ever, any AFC Championship game. The only more expensive ticket was Taylor Swift in the summer. So the two most expensive tickets to Gillette Stadium in the history of the stadium, suppose are Taylor Swift and the Army Navy game.
Speaker 1: How much trouble are the Eagles in.
Speaker 11: Ooh, that's a good question.
Speaker 12: I don't think they're in that much trouble in the sense that their schedule gets a lot easier now and they have a month to kind of figure this out. So from that standpoint. You know, we knew they were having a tough stretch. Dan and I said at the start of it, three and two would be great.
Speaker 11: If they went three and two.
Speaker 12: It's weird though, because they they won the first three and lost a lot. Like if they flipped it, you'd be feeling good about them right now. They beat the Cowboys, they beat the Chiefs, they beat the Bills.
Speaker 11: But now these last two losses and the way they've lost.
Speaker 12: Them, you know, I think they'll figure out the red zone stuff on offense. I don't think they'll fumble three times in the opponent's territory. The defense is concerning the defense right now. The d line's not as dominant as they need to be. They have issues on the back seven. It's gonna be weird because there's a pretty decent chance they win these next four games.
Speaker 11: They go fourteen to three. And does that mean we feel like they fixed it or that they.
Speaker 12: Solved it, or does it just mean they played the Giants twice and the Arizona Cardinals And we won't really.
Speaker 11: Know until they go against the Cowboys and the Niners in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Again, if you had to pick today between the Cowboys and the Niners best team in the NFC.
Speaker 11: Oh, Niners. Yeah, the Niners.
Speaker 12: I mean, I give the Cowboys a lot of credit for the way they're performing, and they're doing a heck of a job.
Speaker 11: But the Niners. They blew the Eagles out.
Speaker 12: And I know the Cowboys won by twenty points, but I mean Aj Brown had a ball in his hands in the end zone. Devonte Smith had a ball in his hands in the end zone. The Cowboys kicker made two sixty yard field goals. The Eagles fumbled three times inside the Cowboys forty yard line. Like that game could have been more competitive, could have been closer, And I think the Niners are going to have home field advantage.
Speaker 11: They only have to win two home games to go to.
Speaker 12: The Super I think the Niners are the best team in football right now, and I think it's probably by a decent margin. But we'll see who stays healthy. We'll see how they're playing at the end of this thing.
Speaker 1: You're doing the Vikings and the Bengals on Saturday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, two teams that have seven wins, and I think they might both be in the playoffs right now, or at least they're certainly in the playoff mixed with I'm guessing it'll be Nick Mullens.
Speaker 11: I think the Josh Dobbs thing is over.
Speaker 12: And how about this Jake Browning Dan, I know he's only has three starts in the NFL eighty percent completion, He's completing eight, Like the Bengals are actually a real thing and a real possibility to still make the playoffs with Jake Browning, which is wild.
Speaker 1: And then the Zach Wilson storing. I think it's just this is reality TV because reality TV isn't really reality TV because it's scripted. What Zack Wilson, the Jets, the whole story, the leak, everything, teammates, and then you're going against CJ. Stroud and then yeah, of course he's gonna throw a couple of touchdown passes and look awesome here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And then I mean, I would love to see like what some of his prop bets are for this next game, you know what I mean? Because there's some people that are gonna think Zach.
Speaker 11: Can do it again, and they're gonna they're gonna be part of it.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of people think, Nah, I've seen this movie way way too many times. I'm hes gonna come crashing out. Give me the under on the Jets and whoever they play in the next game.
Speaker 1: Great to talk to you, Save travels. Thank you, Budding always, thank you. That's Ross Tucker. Good buddy, the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. You can find him on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. I'm looking the odds to win the MVP. Dak Prescott is the favorite, then it's Brock Perty, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, and then to a Tonga Ioloa. But really it's a two quarterback race right now between Dak and Rock Purty. Now, let's see what happens with Tyreek Hill tonight. In that game. The Titans are getting fourteen against the Dolphins. Wow, that's a big number, and the Packers are giving six to the Giants. Over under for the Dolphins Titans forty six and a half, Packers and Giants is thirty seven. But Rock Purty continues to just Rock Purty, and I like how the critics of Rock Perty go, well, he's not really throwing for three hundred yards his receivers, you know, the yards after the catch. Well, what the hell is Tua doing? I mean, Tuba only has to throw at twelve yards and then Tyreek takes it seventy. But Rock Party, for some reason, when he throws the ball, he's not really throwing for three hundred yards. I mean, I don't know if somebody's ever done that and looked at somebody's regular season statistical numbers of how far you actually threw the ball as opposed to yards after the catch by your wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Yes, poet, that's actually a new stat this year that they're using during games and analyzing games. Like Brock Party this year is averaging nine point nine yards an attempt fourteen his receivers are averaging fourteen yards a catch. That's leading the league. But they have this new stat of your throws. Are they behind the line of scrimmage? Are they ten yards plus? And that's becoming a big thing of your actual throw attempts downfield or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that was a criticism I heard over the weekend with Brock Party. Wait, he doesn't really throw the ball down the field, Okay, Tom Brady kind of made a career out of not necessarily throwing the ball down the field. I don't know if Patrick Mahomes is throwing the ball down the field anymore, Yes, poem.
Speaker 6: I have the most attempts ten plus yards attempts this year. Not completion, Oh, okay, there's your It could be a quarterback whose team is usually losing, but they're in it and they're just throwing the ball fifty times a game, So a bit of an obscure guy.
Speaker 1: Not household name ish, Okay, not a household name ish.
Speaker 6: Their team is usually in a game but losing.
Speaker 1: Desmond Ritter. No, but that's a good guess.
Speaker 6: Mahomes a second, Herbert's third. Sam Howell is by far. Yeah, five and nine attempts of ten plus.
Speaker 1: Wow. The day the days, stead of the day? Stat of the day? Here comes, here comes that? What stat of the day? The stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. You know who we haven't heard from today, Shay and Irving. He loves his Cowboys. That's a big win. He gets a little nervous when they play. Well, they still have at Buffalo, at Miami and then they host Detroit. If Dak Prescott wins the MVP, good for him. He's a good guy. We've enjoyed our time whenever he's been on the show. It just feels like being that cowboy quarterback. It just it brings criticism, it brings compliments, it brings just about everything, and probably more so when you win than it's about how great he is. When they lose, it's how bad he is. And this is you know, still it's a regular season award. But I think we could go around the room and most of the audience would agree, yeah, that's nice, but oh yeah, they're having a great regular season. But because that's where we want to see you. You got a kicker who hasn't missed, he's thirty for thirty. You know what we said, Well, what happens in January? Dak Prescott having a great year? MVP? All right, what happens in January? Now? Is it a great story for the NFL if the Cowboys go to the super Bowl? It is? Is it a great story if they don't go to the Super Bowl? Yes, not as much, but because people either love them or hate them, and then you would get people say, well, what would be better? Cowboys get to the NFC Title Game and lose, or they get to the super Bowl and you're not sure if they win or lose, you probably go let's roll the dice. Let's see if the Cowboys can win a super Bowl. Here. They make headlines, they drive shows. It's a fan base that is passionate and very opinionated. They have something this year. They truly do. But I think it's interesting that Mike McCarthy is now getting credit for the offense they're opening it up. Keep in mind, this is the guy who let Kellen Moore's offensive coordinator go. He wanted to call the plays, and he wanted to run the football. Phenomenal play call. Of course, he wanted to run the football. And then after their bye week it's like, maybe we need to throw the ball. Sure, that seems like a good idea. I can't give him credit. I can't give him that much credit when he wanted to run the football and play great defense. Now it's like, hey, how about that offense? Yeah, Pauline, this might.
Speaker 6: Be a warm take. If I'm Prescott, I'm not sure I want to win the MVP. I would like to be snubbed and finished second. Because if you somehow win the NFL MVP regular season MVP and do not advance to the Super Bowl, hole league, how can you imagine the media coverage of that?
Speaker 1: You won MVP. It was a false MVP.
Speaker 6: You didn't do anything to play with Yeah, that's where it's going to go.
Speaker 1: He's going to get sixty million dollars a year. It's like we're freaking out over Otani getting seventy million dollars. Dak's going to get sixty million dollars. Now, it's not for ten years at least, I don't think it'll be, but he's he's going to get sixty million. Whether he wins the MVP or not, he'll get sixty million.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 1: Our Play of the Day is up next, and Shan Irving will give us his thoughts about his Dallas Cowboys back after this.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Oh My God, the Play of the.
Speaker 10: Day, Lips my God.
Speaker 13: Play this is the play of the day.
Speaker 10: Check this out.
Speaker 13: Evans pinning the Tyland Wallace. Evans hangs a wobbler, Wallace settles under it. The twenty five gets a block, comes to an airside, thirty spins out of one tackle, thirty five along an airside, my forty. He's at midfer Wallas in a forty, telling.
Speaker 14: Us a thirty twenty ten celebration.
Speaker 13: Times no flights roll us in the zone, He's in the barn and the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Winning in over time courtesy of the Ravens Radio Network. Play of the Day. Play of the Day brought to you by Las Vegas. We'll be there in February. No other city compares to Vegas, the city where spectacle and celebration are woven into the very fabric of that community. Las Vegas is where conventional is challenged and the unexpected embrace. It's not just celebrating its celebration with an edge. Speaking of an edge, he's part of the Gambling podcast. Dan Patrick takes a gamble every Thursday, Shy and Irving along with Bad Larry and Dylan the graphics guy. Shae a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan and he's died many times over the last thirty years or so, but his Cowboys might be the best team in the NFC. How does Shaye and Irving feel about that? Good morning, Shay.
Speaker 10: How about their Cowboy?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go now we're on the Vandwagon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, May and Wagon Danny Dak playing great vine. Who gives the hell this defense? Danny held them to one offensive touchdown. Beat that hell out of Jalen Hurts, made him look downright pedestrians Aubrey MIAMVP had more yards kicking than Jalen had thrown. And I didn't get to see Nick Siriano's bum you know what, jumping up and down causing a flight with his STUPI advisor.
Speaker 1: Hell of a game, Danny, Are you the team to beat in the NFC?
Speaker 10: The Niners still scare the hell out of me? But see, I mean, if this team can travel, if this team can go to Buffalo and beat him, yeah, hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So beating Buffalo will then tell you that your Dallas Cowboys are for real.
Speaker 10: On the road in the cold. It will make me feel a whole lot better. They're for real right now, Danny, But damn they need to travel well.
Speaker 1: I'm curious now see Buffalo going back home. Buffalo's had a couple of really tough road games here. Now going back home, they might not be they might be banged up a little bit. I'm curious when Dallas goes to Miami against the Dolphins. I want to see how that defense does against the Miami Dolphins. But let's enjoy the victory. I can hear it in your voice. You're a happy man, a proud man. And the Cowboys. The Cowboys are back. They're ready to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 10: Danny, don't say that. Do not say that word. That is a jinx and a half. Do not say that. Please. And everything, every single thing in my life is falling apart except the Cowboys. I need this, Danny, need it, bay it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Shay. I'll talk to you on Thursday. Whatever, Danny, Shane Irving. Good to go, uh TJ and Iowa, Hi, TJ. Welcome to the.
Speaker 5: Show, DP Daniz, how are we doing today?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 5: Good, Hey, lifelong chief fan here so long ago. I'm still mad about Blackledge being drafted, if that gives you a clue. So here's the deal, he was offsides. As I'm sitting there on my couch watching this, I said to myself, here's another way Tony is going to help us lose this year. And and it happened. And the problem is for me is that with the plays like this, is that they've opened it up to interpretation of this time, we'll let it go this time. They don't to me, call every one of them. Bradberry was a foul. The PI against Marquez Valdez was a foul. This was a foul. Call him. Give the coaches like one time a game to review a bad call, something like the NBA is doing or something. But you're giving them. Sometimes they look at and sometimes they don't.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree, I agree with that ToJ but this call would have been upheld. There's no argument here with the pass interference at Lambeau that should have been called. Bradbury. I didn't think it should have been called, but it probably would have been upheld. But what happened yesterday with Tony, they would have upheld in that call. If you reviewed it, they would have upheld it. Let's see Buddha in San Francisco. Hi, Buddha, what up to pay?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 14: But good morning boys, Let's ride Fritzy. I love that Zach Wilson and the Jets balled out. Joe Flacco places quote unquote elite again and Dan I wanted to ask you, guys and Dan Nation, how do you feel today? If your name is Let's see Mike Trout hmm. Rest of the weekend, Dan hitting my fandom parlay this weekend, starting with acquiring show Hey on Saturday, Man, is he gonna look good in those heaven white Dodger unis cool?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 14: The Lakers winning the first inaugural and Seamon.
Speaker 10: Tournament, then then Dan it gets better me.
Speaker 14: And Marvin's Niners caging up the Seahawks, and then the Cowboys knocking off the Eagles and putting us in first place in the NFC. Nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lakers were celebrating pretty hard with that in season tournament, and I said if the Pacers wont I hope they have a victory parade and put a banner in the ceiling. Lebron was having a nice night. There was champagne. He was feeling it, and you know, I was glad that they were excited about it. I was worried it'd be like, no, this isn't a big deal. It is a big deal. It should be a big deal because you got you know, we have doubts about the Lakers, and they played well, and granted it's against the Pacers, but the Pacers it played pretty spirited, and I think it's important. You need those little victories, not I mean not the actual victory, but this is a victory that you celebrate and now you move on. You help some of the you know, role player guys make some money here, and maybe this is something as we get past you know, Christmas into January February, where you start to look at that and maybe the importance of winning this. But I thought it was not a big deal. But it was a nice deal. Yeah, Pauling, I'm looking at the Lakers' schedule.
Speaker 6: I don't have any time off for a parade. I don't know how you're gonna work that in. You're not gonna be able to fit that in.
Speaker 1: Well, Lebron said that. You know, there's no banner that's going to be put up in the rafter. It's not gonna yes, And how many n season tournaments this MJ has, yes? Zero? Come on, I know, go I'd be great if Jordan goes. You know what, I'm going to come back just to win an m season tournament here, just to shut you up there.
Speaker 15: Yes, John, I'm sure they were genuinely very excited, and you get some extra money in the pockets, especially those not making as much. But do you think there was anything with the commissioner or the NBA Front office where they were encouraging the winning team to make sure that they made a big deal, be appreciative of the NBA for them to act extra excited.
Speaker 1: Why are you always because I'm just I've watched the whole game and the confetti's coming down and holding it up, and I'm just wondering if they said, just you know, it would really help us.
Speaker 15: If you make this like this, you're a really big deal of the years.
Speaker 1: Just negative. I knew it was coming. I knew it.
Speaker 15: I think they were a little more excited than they needed to be, but.
Speaker 1: It's good for the league. My Goali will join us, coming up next to our Bob Costas will stop by as we take a closer look at Shoheo tany to the Dodgers,