Speaker 1: Hi, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, I have a question for you. What is your favorite trilogy.
Speaker 1: Of all time? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's tough because one of the big questions that I've always asked my friends and we've gone back and forth on this is is there such a thing as a trilogy where all three movies are good?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 2: And uh, there's a couple I can think of, but it's your stretching.
Speaker 3: Believe Karate Kid trilogy? Do they have three of them?
Speaker 2: It was, and Karate Kid three with bad Boy Mike Barnes was not particularly good. Yeah, but the How to Train Your Dragon movies, all three of those were good. Okay, but even Star Wars Jedi and I'm talking when I mean Star Wars everyone knows I mean four, five, and six Jedi was not that good.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Indiana Joan Temple of Doom.
Speaker 2: People go back and forth, but there's it's technically not a trilogy because now there's like five of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because it's like I feel like if the three were decent and nut oh, back to the future again.
Speaker 1: The third one is not great.
Speaker 2: I don't do.
Speaker 1: The second one really not great. The second one's really not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's definitely hard because there's a bar that's set with the first one. If they're doing more, there's a bar that's set and the bar is high, right, so it's like matrix.
Speaker 1: Not all three were good. No.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even get through the second Avatar whatever. That one with the Blue People.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 2: The first one was was okay, but it was just Dances Dances with Wolves, but it was more expensive, okay, And I mean it's literally the same story, literally the same story.
Speaker 3: I gotta go watch it.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Dances with Wolves?
Speaker 3: Yes, Dances with Wolves is something I remember more than the than Avatar.
Speaker 2: Kevin Costner is a soldier, goes to the front lines than get sent to you know, the outpost, becomes part of the tribe, becomes I mean.
Speaker 1: It's literally Avatar and then fights.
Speaker 3: Okay the people, yeah, exactly. See will like I love you, but sometimes you could just ruin things for me and I I feel like it's eight o'clock in the morning and I'm not like really ready to have life ruins.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm telling you, I'm telling you, yeah again, how to Train Your Dragon. Those three movies, all three of those.
Speaker 3: Are good, okay, So okay, so do you have one that you like. I mean, you asked me a question.
Speaker 1: Do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to find, don't.
Speaker 2: The closest we can get is how to train your dragon to all three being good? That's one question. But favorite trilogy of all time the original Star Wars. But I mean my favorite. There's nineteen of them now, but none of those count in my opinion. So it's there's four, five, and six for me, and so those those were great.
Speaker 1: Lord of the Rings, yes, yes, it's there's times.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a it's a schlog some of our producers writing. And Lord of the Rings is good, don't get me wrong, but it's And again, I'm a fantasy junkie, and I get so much from fantasy fans because I'm not a fan of the books.
Speaker 1: By the ninth Hobbit song and the first.
Speaker 2: One, I'm out, Oh really it's you know it's yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean my clo Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, some fantasy fans are a massive Lord of the Rings fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll die help speed Reader too though, So like that, I feel like he has like an upper hand, Like I get tired, I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not long. But the first one especially is just you just got it.
Speaker 3: They're not long, aren't they really long books? They're not like Game of Throne style books. There's no again.
Speaker 2: As a fantasy fan who loves, you know, Wheel of Time and all these big ones over here, my favorite thing is ooh, I'm book one of ten and each book is nine hundred pages long. I'm in heaven because I know I get to be in this world for.
Speaker 3: Really long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I absolutely love it. But no, this is I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to leave you to think on that, think about what yours are. But first, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the wave tsunamis and I wasn't ruining movies for Sabrina.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilfordell.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back. Will you for a second, I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 2: So there's a reason we're talking about trilogies, because guys, we are back in it and in it good. We are completing quote quote unquote, completing another trilogy today, even though Disney is nowhere and you're done with this franchise, especially since they're just a month away from.
Speaker 1: Releasing it's fifth movie.
Speaker 2: But it's still time we check back in on those esky villain kids now. In the twenty nineteen Fantasy Cash Cow Descendants three, it's a good day. Yeah, this is clearly, clearly a big one, A true tenth poll for the Channel over the past decade, where you excited about returning to Ordon.
Speaker 3: So excited, so excited, so excited, broughten to the core forever. I just I was excited. This is this is the world I wish I lived in. Like it's for real Disney, Yes, for real Disney. Like we're talking about the princesses and the villains. It's just the best. I think this is one of the coolest, most creative franchises Disney's done on the Channel.
Speaker 1: It certainly is.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's mind boggling. So I was so stoked, so so stoked about this.
Speaker 1: No, I agree to remind everyone.
Speaker 2: Descendants one aired in twenty fifteen, part two in twenty seventeen, and this new one aired August second, twenty nineteen, so they kept a real every two years kind of vibe going for the first incarnation of the franchise all focused on Mal and her friends, but then when they kicked it back off with Rise of Red that was twenty twenty four, and the newest installment, Wicked Wonderland, is going to debut on the Channel July sixteenth, twenty twenty six, which I'd frankly love to recap in real time if we can, but I'll be watching either way. That's actually a lie. I won't be If I don't have to recap it, I won't see it. If I have to recap it, then I'll watch it and I'll like it or i won't. But that's my rules and I'm sticking to it.
Speaker 3: Just gotta be honest on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Cake Nice, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Descendants three was actually shot in Ourdon, which is a real mythical city that Disney built. No, it was shot in Vancouver, which is a given for a budget like this, and shot over almost three months under the working title The Big Sleep, and it reportedly cost and frankly, compared to some of the Zombies numbers we're hearing, I think this is low fifteen million, which of course was three million more than Part two. But I'd assume they spent way more on this one. This made Descendants the fifth y com to get at least three films.
Speaker 1: Quick, can you name the others? What are the others that got three d coms?
Speaker 3: Cheety Girls?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: High School Musical? Okay, Well, I don't know if we get to count high School usical because the third one was a theatrical one, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It's still it was. I think it was kind of a duel. Well, we'll give in, will give them that.
Speaker 3: I'm just I want to know the rules.
Speaker 1: No, I never want to break.
Speaker 3: The third would be now Camp Rock.
Speaker 1: There's four actually, well camp Rock will be the next one will.
Speaker 3: Be the okay, so okay, uh Zequel? Was there zen on three?
Speaker 1: Yep, there was. I'll give you one hint. It's an entire town.
Speaker 3: Oh that's got to be the first one, right, or won that race?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: We'll have to look it up. We need to start. We need to do a re listen of our own podcast. And one more, of course has been added since with which is Zombies.
Speaker 3: Which we know this, and now camp Rock.
Speaker 2: And now camp Rock which will be and hopefully they march into camp Rock for the third time.
Speaker 3: Some of the backs behind the stuff that, like Disney is just kind of putting out there every once in a while, it's coming on an algorithm and I'm seeing some really freaking good quiagar.
Speaker 2: This movie, by the way, is set two years after the last Descendants ended. It starts with Now being pregnant with her third child. No, I'm kidding, none of that happened either, And I.
Speaker 3: Always are you going to get through the script today?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: I always like to ask this since we watch at least one dcom a week, which is I'm gonna be honest, it's too many decoms. They're starting to blend. I'm not gonna lie. We've done one hundred some on of these, so don't be embarrassed. But did you remember anything about the end of Descendants too when you started this movie?
Speaker 3: Yes, only the What I remember was Uma being the octopus in the water and the drag like I remember us being like it.
Speaker 2: Was, and there was a big fight scene at the end. It was like their prom Yes.
Speaker 3: It was the prom was it was. It was a Kenny Ortega giant musical like Finale with tons of Dan scene and all that stuff. But the fight part I remember just being like ugh, but I don't I didn't remember there being any kind of like I remembered like she dove in and she was gone, like and like that was kind of it, and and it randed on.
Speaker 1: Kind of resolution, but that was it. Yeah. I felt the same way that you remembered, basically more than I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, this three quel.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a fun word to say, so I'm going to keep trying to say it all day. People.
Speaker 2: This threequel was also a bit of a logistical nightmare for Disney and their cybersecurity team because this was the first dcom that was ever leaked. Just a week after premiered on the channel, it arrived in full online. Supposedly somebody who gained early access through a DVD uploaded the whole.
Speaker 1: Movie something that will definitely get you jail time.
Speaker 2: So don't mess with the mouse guys, because you don't want to hear huhuh you're busted. Also, for Channel historians, this was the final program that aired on Disney Channel UK before it shut down in September of twenty twenty due to a failed agreement with Sky UK and Virgin Media, with all of its contents now exclusively onto Disney Plus, which is sad because I did a lot of stuff with Disney Channel. We did some really cool things. They had great hosts, they were a ton of fun. So rip Disney Channel UK now. Over the years, there's also been a lot of rumors that Disney was getting rid of the US version and the Disney Channel in our country as well, to focus just on the streaming service. But for now, at least, that has not proven to be true. Who knows what the future will hold with Disney. You never know, but so far we're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it is a Descendants movie, so of course we have to talk about the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: The album was released around the channel debut and kicked off with the single good to Be Bad. The soundtrack reached number seven on the Billboard two hundred chart and received a Billboard Music Awards nomination for Best Soundtrack, which it lost to Frozen two. This time It's not that Cold. That would have been a great title, but that's not what it was. I never saw Frozen two. I had to let it go anyway, Sabrina, no spoiling your review here.
Speaker 1: But what did you think of the music in this movie?
Speaker 3: I was not moved the way I've been moved before in the music of this movie.
Speaker 1: Guys, I could not agree with you more. I'm sorry, could not agree with you more.
Speaker 3: I felt like we were losing the creativity. A lot of this stuff kind of got like blan and. But I will tell you what I had a hard time with a little bit later, just in general of the movie. My brain was working.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was dreaded.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough, We'll get there, but it frankly, it doesn't matter what we think of the movie.
Speaker 1: It was a hit.
Speaker 2: The premiere brought in four point five to nine million viewers, with a jump to eight point four to three million within three days, and it star Dove Cameron would also win Favorite Movie Actress at the twenty twenty Kids Choice Awards. We'll get into it, but this film is considered a big deal for many reasons, but one very emotional reason. And it was so sad watching is the last time the core four, the main characters from the first three are seen together. Okay, so we know you were well aware of the third Descendants movies. It was a centerpiece for the channel, but we have to know you've.
Speaker 1: Seen it before. I hadn't no me neither.
Speaker 2: You, however, can watch to Sendence three right now in Disney Plus, just like your ancestors and vision when they fought for your freedom and travel across turbulences to battle in violent conflicts over your ability to have a streaming service where all movies and TV shows can be beamed to your house within seconds. So don't let them down. Freedom.
Speaker 1: Watch it now before our recap, or watch it later after you've heard our opinions. Fight for your right. Either way, Thank you, patriots. And now did I mention that to we do what we got to do to break this down and dig a little deeper, because it's time for the synopsis.
Speaker 2: When a jealous ex girlfriend of King Ben's threatens, Ordon Mal and the villain kids must team up with old rivals and a new generation to save the Kingdom Sabrina, our third time with this cast of characters.
Speaker 1: What are your early thoughts?
Speaker 3: I'm descendenced three, okay, I regardless of the actual movie. Right from the start, I was like, oh, yes, I love the creativity of this movie. I love every single one of the characters. I think the cast is great, but I love how creative each of the casts are either you know, descendants from either a villain or a hero, and I think they do it really well. I was assuming we were going to kind of I think I'm having a hard time at this point distinguishing between this and Zombies. Like I was like, Oh, we're going to look at a new world, like we're gonna find you know. And I do think, just so you know, tiny bit of a spoiler or will is that we do get that in four and five. I think we kind of risk Yeah, yeah, so I do think we end up getting that. But I was assuming that this third one, for some reason, same thing as what we did with Zombies. We were like, oh, my gosh, we're in the school again or you know what I mean, like that kind of stuff. Yeah, or you know, high school musical. Being in the same place kind of goes oh okay. This one was really hard for me now though, because we have learned and so many come back. The amount of characters I started getting lost. I couldn't remember who they were, who they were related to. Every time my brain I felt I was tired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a lot during this movie.
Speaker 3: There was just a lot of stuff that you have to remember that this movie wasn't one that sets on its own. You do kind of need to know the first and the second to be able to follow it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that again, talking about trilogies, I don't know if that necessarily means good or bad. Like it's kind of trilogies are just hard. The third one, it's there's so much on the line. There really is. So I'm in the middle with this one. I'nforre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this movie was okay to me. I thought the music was just okay. I thought the story was just okay. The cast is obviously wonderful. The Kenny Ortega niss of it all was wonderful. The world is wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yes, the story and what actually happened in the music.
Speaker 3: And that's what's hard. Although it's wonderful, you've already seen it, so it's the hard part about a trilogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was okay. I feel like I feel like they picked a weird villain. Uh, the story for the villain was weird. You could have done so much more. You've got a Disney catalog of one hundred years or whatever it is with some of the greatest villains ever this.
Speaker 1: Is the one you want to pick, So yeah, it was just kind of like eh, but anyway.
Speaker 2: The third movie was once again directed by the undeniable legend Kenny Ortega, the man who launched this juggernaut into orbit. His deep Disney roots include Newsy's Hocus Pocus, The High School Musical Trilogy, and Cheetah Girls Too or Cheated Girls Duh, which.
Speaker 1: Is what they called it in France.
Speaker 2: But he started his career in choreography with musicians like Michael Jackson, Madonna and Olivia Newton.
Speaker 1: John or Olivia Newton John as the car in France.
Speaker 2: He'd eventually transition into creating iconic dances for movies like Pretty in Pink, Dirty Dancing and Bud I Won't Do It Anymore, Fairs for the.
Speaker 1: Day Off, and Xanadu.
Speaker 2: He also wrote, directed, and produced Michael Jackson's posthumous documentary film, Michael Jackson's This Is It, and was deemed a Disney legend officially by the company in twenty nineteen. I mean, is there anyone better when it comes to directing a musical starring kids than the great Kenny Ortega.
Speaker 1: He's the best to ever have done it.
Speaker 2: We of course, had the honor of interviewing mister Artegix to go and check it out by searching Magical rewinding, hunting it down in her feed, or just do an awesome choreographed dance with your friends three times under moonlight and he magically appears. Like I mentioned, this movie stars Dove Cameron as Maal, the daughter of Malificent and Hades. She broke out in the Disney system as both Live and Maddie on the show of the same name.
Speaker 1: She won a Daytime Emmy for that show.
Speaker 2: We also just recently saw her in another Dicomery recapped the snowboarding gem Cloud nine. She starred in the NBC live broadcast of Hairspray and was in Apple TV's musical series shmig Adoon.
Speaker 1: Like many Disney.
Speaker 2: Stars before her and after her, she's also a pop singer who won Best New Artists at the MTV Video Music Awards in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was still a thing.
Speaker 2: And you can see her in the brain new Amazon Prime series fifty six Days. And this is where it gets really sad, because tragically this would mark the final film of Cameron Boyce. He played Carlos Deville, son of Couela Deville, and was a Disney mainstay from these movies and the sitcom Jesse. He also later appeared in the Adam Sandlor movie Grown Ups, but at just the age of twenty. In twenty nineteen, weeks before the premier of Descendants three, he unexpectedly passed away to sleep from an epileptic attack, part of a disorder he'd been dealing with since birth.
Speaker 1: He would have been a huge star. I believe that.
Speaker 2: I think everyone believes that anyone who ever saw him do anything believes that Descendants three was dedicated to him.
Speaker 1: And not only did that appear.
Speaker 2: During broadcasts, specials were shown on the channel as a tribute to Cameron well deserved rest and peace.
Speaker 1: Cameron Boys. Sophia Carson is ev daughter of the Evil Queen.
Speaker 2: We also just recently checked out Sofia in the decom reboot of Adventures in Babysitting alongside some singer Sabrina Something, and she's been seen in Netflix's Purple Hearts, My Oxford Year and carry On and then Booboo. Stewart not only has the best name in dcom history, he plays Jay, the son of Jafar Booboo is an actor, singer, and former Junior Martial Arts World champion, first seen as Seth Clearwater in The Twilight Saga. He would also later star in Otaga's inaugural Netflix series Julie and the Phantoms, which unfortunately was canceled after just one season. China Ann McLain returns as Uma, daughter of Ursula. Mlcaine was first seen as Jasmine Payne in Tyler Perry's House of Pain role she began in two thousand and seven and reprised in all the subsequent revivals, but her Disney breakthrough was as a musical prodigy China parks on The Show and Farm from twenty eleven twenty fourteen. She'd also appear in the Adam Sandler Grown Ups movies, and she's also in a band with her sisters called three I Think but It's THHRII. And Thomas Doherty is Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook. He's best known as Max Wolf on the twenty twenty one reboot of Gossip Girl and was seen in Tell Me Lies and Paradise. It's also worth noting here that Dianne Done who plays Lannie, is the only original cast member of the first film among the descendants of Disney characters who did not reprise her role for this film, but archival footage just showed at her, They cut back to her, they did her dirty. Now, I don't care how important the movie is to the channel or the future of the dcom or the world in general. We need to know how long it is because at Magical Rewind we believe all movies should be ninety minutes long, no more, no less.
Speaker 1: So was Third Time the Charm?
Speaker 2: When it comes to Descendants, it was one hundred and twenty minutes long?
Speaker 1: What the action? You can't be serious, Kenny Ortego, what are you doing? I love you, Kenny Canaan the kaya Nader, But two hours?
Speaker 4: Can we just cancel the podcast?
Speaker 3: I miss you? Remember Michael Jackson's like music videos. Those things were like fifteen minutes long when it should be like three. Right, But it's like time to dance, will It's time to dance, okay, and it needs to be for a very long time.
Speaker 2: What was even worse is I was the fifty year old man on an airplane watching Descendants.
Speaker 4: Three, So take you the whole Luckily it was a six hour flight of five hour flight, but two hours like people coming up like excuse me, thirty of a problem, Like, can you excuse me?
Speaker 1: I'm watching Descendants three? So yeah, I was that guy kind of like apologized, like, sorry, it's for worse. Sorry, it's for worse.
Speaker 3: It's for work.
Speaker 1: It's just for the working. Don't judge me. It's for work. It's when I started standing up on the seats and singing along. That's when people really had a problem. Well too, there too, that's what well moving on.
Speaker 2: The movie was written by one of Hollywood's longest running writing teams, Sarah Perriot and Joseanne McGibbon, who worked together from nineteen eighty six to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I wonder what finally broke them up.
Speaker 2: Anyway, They wrote Three Men in the Little Lady and Runaway Bride, and, most notably on TV, co wrote and produced the Starter Wife mini series, which received ten Emmy nominations and one one and led to the long running USA series of.
Speaker 1: The same name.
Speaker 2: Okay, people, hand me the ember. It's time to get serious. Let's recap Descendants three. The movie starts with narration from mal and a beautiful shot of Oredon. She introduces herself as the daughter of Malficent, born on the Aisle of the Lost, where all villains have been banished, that is until Prince Ben decided that their children should have a chance to come to the promised land of Orodon. He was also hoping to meet a hotty with purple hair, So the Four Villain Kids or vks, made the move. Here was my first question. Did they vkate in the last movie or did they just all of a sudden make some new acronym.
Speaker 1: That I'm supposed to know what the hell that meants.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you. There was like a lot of that. I was like, I don't remember that, and yes, I have a terrible memory. But it was making me constantly like try to like rewind and go I screwed up. I don't have time to do it now. I should have watched the second one before I watched this third, because you shouldn't referring. They keep referring to stuff that I'm like, like, we should know, Like VK was like VK Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just adding that in is like giving yourself a nickname. It's like, no, everyone calls me tall, Like.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't give you people other people give you nicknames, you can't do it for yourself. But long story short, Ben is the king, now she is his girlfriend, and they're about to head back to the aisle to pick up what will hopefully be a long line of new vks who can move to Ordon to find there happily ever afters too. Now, this was a great previously on Like right when it started, I was like, I'm in it, summed it up. It was great, and it needed to be because it was two hours long. Yeah, so but it got me excited to get into the world again.
Speaker 1: I was like, great, recap it was.
Speaker 3: It was perfect. It was perfect everything about it, and.
Speaker 1: We get what it means.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, they just threw it in there and expected us to like do a new thing.
Speaker 3: But it's like no, but it's just like it's random, is what they're saying. Like it's it's like VK.
Speaker 2: Like they also just made it up out of nowhere, like in the third movie, like what you didn't know we called her Betty the whole time, Like no, you didn't, that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, we're now on the island.
Speaker 2: Though it has a real Peter Pan Lost Boys vibe as a biker performs tricks on hiss BMX bike and throws a newspaper to a bunch of kids wearing what looked like dirty laundry. One girl grabs it and reads the headline It's VK Day. In all their excitement, the four original kids, Mal Carlos, Evie and Jay storm in for our first number, good to Be Bad.
Speaker 1: This is a bit of a new.
Speaker 2: Jack swing song which brings all the kids on the island that have a chance to better their lives and going to art on together, and it also proved to be an easy way to show off how many actors in this movie can do a flip. So forget about that. We'll get into the dance because that's your area of expertise.
Speaker 1: But and I'll start.
Speaker 2: I actually this gave me high hopes because the first number I was like, Okay, this is a good song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the first one, I was like, kind of a banger, loved the biking in, loved the colors, the Kenny or take I'm starting notice the levels that you always point out, like he's using every space.
Speaker 1: I was like, ooh, maybe they threw it all at the wall. For the third one, like this could be just balls out the whole way. What did you think same?
Speaker 3: I was right on that, like, oh, and I love this style because you know, we talk about obviously you have to compare and contrast this with zombies because it's they're kind of all happening right at the same time. Right, Kenny's choreography is very much more of an older style, like old school style with a new flare. Is how I love seeing Kenny's stuff that he does and the people he brings in awesome. They're just so all so talented, and I love this style. And I just kept thinking like, oh, like as much as I love the zombies, I love that choreographer. He's incredible. This is this feels like it felt like a Newsy's. Right, it looks it felt like it was, yes, a Broadway, And if Newsy's was made now again you know what I mean? This is what it would look like, the choreography and everything. And I was like, oh, hell yeah, I'm so excited. I will say, I remember this world, what is the name of this isle? Again? I forget the Lost Isle of the Lost being darker and brown like more earth tones. I will say it kind of rubbed me a little like, oh, I kind of liked it that way, like that grungier look versus grungy, but like all pink and purple and like me on green, Like I didn't really love that. It was like bright, you know what I would me.
Speaker 2: And this is a weird analogy, but do you remember the original Michael Keaton Batman films so Gotham dark, gritty, disgusting, and then by the third one when the new director whom now I'm blanking on, takes over and now everything's bright and neon and now you're in Gotham again, it's like, wait, that's not Gotham?
Speaker 3: Like what That's how I felt about this, Like that was the only thing that I kind of like. It hit me right from the start, and every time we went back to this aisle, like I literally was just like I loved it when it was like yeah, like it felt more like just you.
Speaker 1: Know, I was thinking.
Speaker 2: The only thing I was thinking is that maybe because very nice by the way, I love that error, but I but I feel like because of maybe how much they're kind of opening it up and going back and forth now to or Doon, it's kind of brightened up a little bit. Yeah, But it's also like you can you can take four. This is the other thing I was thinking as later in the movie is like eating. They're like, we don't get fresh fruit.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, so you'll take four kids to live in paradise, but you won't send them bananas, Like you can't send them food to keep them alive. But hey, four of you can come live in a castle.
Speaker 2: The rest of you good luck with rickets because we're not even gonna send vitamin D. Like it's like, really, it just it seemed a little I don't know, it seemed like they should have started doing a little more to help the people on the law.
Speaker 3: It would have seemed that that's how this been in charge.
Speaker 1: Ben's and yeah, King, we all know, so okay this is I would say, while I agree with you about the brightness, it's a very cool set it is, and uh it's a bit yeah it's with the water and the Rundown castle and everything. It looked very good.
Speaker 2: But now the song ends and the kids are ready to apply to the school. Evi and Mall are standing on top of the balcony overlooking everyone there who are screaming pick me, pick me, and there's one old man that looks like a Santa Elf, and he's with his two children, who look both like Garth from Wayne's World. Evie can't believe this day has finally arrived and wishes she could take everyone with her and maybe someday they can. But with a drum roll, Evie announces the first selection. It is the granddaughter of Lady Tremaine and the daughter of Drisella Dizzy. I have to ask, who's Lady Tremaine?
Speaker 3: This is all right, I'm telling you already. I'm going you know, and your people I know, and I pride myself on knowing the Disney knowledge. Now I'm not like our producers ever. I will never be. I just don't have the brain capacity to be as amazing as them. But I do know main characters, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Lady she's a wicked stepmother from Cindere Cinderella, that's what.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, so I okay so and daughter of daughter of one of the.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, gotcha. So that's Dizzy. Uh great, we all. That's how I am too.
Speaker 2: It's like, if it's not Mickey Mouse's kid, I'm probably not going to know who it is. Oh, it's Donald Duck's cousin, Like, Okay, I'll get it. We all remember her from the prior movies. She helped with the wardrobe and the plans they've made to make this a reality, so obvious.
Speaker 3: Okay, you remembered her, you remember.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, remember Dizzy. She was great And the last one. Then Carlos announces the next name. It's the son of sme Squeaky. This is one of the Garth kids with their elf dad. He walks up and gives Carlos a hug just before Jay announces the next pick, his Garth brother, Squirmy.
Speaker 1: And that's when I was like, smeeze kids like that. I mean, I you're to go. I know who me is. Of course I know who SMI is, but again I think there's bigger probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could have done a little, but we haven't hit all of the.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're going second to your Disney villain when you've got me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, and now Mal announces the last, but certainly not the least transferred, doctor Facilier's daughter Celia.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is when I legitimately was like, Okay, now I'm starting getting.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is. And the Frog.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you've been on Tiana's Bayou now, haven't you. Yes, he's the voodoo guy, the like creepy New Orleans voodoo guy.
Speaker 3: In the Okay, okay, okay, all right, but again, yeah, that is a very big movie. So that is a huge it is.
Speaker 1: I guess I get it.
Speaker 3: It's just not one of my favorites and one of my favorite kids. It's a different generation. Hasn't been like Monroe's favorite. I'm sure we'll get there yet to where I haven't seen it the seventeen trillion times about like Mowana. Now they start throwing in Mowanas. I'm like, there, you know what.
Speaker 1: I would have done. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I would have done some crazy magic transformation stuff and I would have done some kind of almost cat like stuff. And why couldn't it have been like the Daughter of Scar or something, you know, somebody like from Lion King or something like that. I mean, I could have done some really cool stuff. But anyway, that's when I was like, who are these people? And I didn't want to google. I wanted to be wanted to wallow in my ignorance.
Speaker 1: So yes, Celia is the last one.
Speaker 3: Daily exactly.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: The very sassy Celia does a twirl and everyone cheers.
Speaker 1: The new four have been set.
Speaker 2: Carlos says, the return next week to leave the aisle, so pack their things and get ready. We then get our title, then find ourselves at King Ben's castle, which the only thing goes through my head is the heating bills must be ridiculous. Mal is overlooking the water with binoculars when Ben rushes up and hugs it from behind. They share a laugh and she points out not a tentacal insight, she knows how villain think.
Speaker 1: And just doesn't trust Duma.
Speaker 2: Ben points out that he's also placed guards on top of the castle to defend them, and he's bringing more in soon. Now, in the steps of Ordon Prep, malin Ben arrive to celebrate pep rally style. They wave and greet everyone, then step onto a small stage where Ben thanks everyone for coming out to welcome the new arrivals. Then the king reminds mal this is where they met not so long ago, but he's in love with her and feels like he's known her his whole life. He starts singing a short song called did I mention I'm Sorry? It was very forgettable, all about how in love he is, and when it ends, he gets down on one knee and asks her to marry him.
Speaker 1: He wants her to be queen.
Speaker 2: She says, yes, Dove, of course, I'll be a queen and puts a ring on it. They kiss and the crowd goes nuts, except for Audrey his acts.
Speaker 1: She is pissed.
Speaker 2: We also see that Evie and Dopey's son, Doug's relationship is progressing and he didn't have long hair in the last one, did.
Speaker 3: He No, Ken, this is a huge transformation for him.
Speaker 2: I thought so too, and the only thing going through my head was, oh, he was in the middle of shooting something else and couldn't cut his hair. Meanwhile, Queen Leah tells a very very upset Audrey that she let the king slip through her fingers.
Speaker 1: It was all her fault. She should be ashamed. I was like damn.
Speaker 2: Nearby and excited, Evie tells Mal she's already done a thousand sketches for her wedding dress and Bell has already planned the engagement party. Mal then hugs her future father and mother in law, both excited to finally get a daughter, and It's nice to see that they've accepted her evil and all. Audrey abruptly grabs mal to admit she won Ben fair and square, but quickly changes her tone.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, no, you didn't.
Speaker 2: You spelled Ben to destroy all of Arodon, which will be a touching story for your grandkids.
Speaker 1: Malice taken aback and excuses herself. The Vks.
Speaker 2: And the which we all know stands for Viking Kings, and the King himself drive Slash Fly off to the island of the Loss to pick up these new villain kids. The little Garths and Dizzy pile into the limo. Then Celia joins them, and she seems a little bit snotty. Then they take off for the Promised Land. The limo passes through the portal, arriving at Ordon, but Hades sprints into TimewARP and sticks his hands inside, stopping it from closing. Evy notices and tells the car to stop. Haiti screams that he's a god and doesn't belong there. When the guys try to stop him, Haiti shoots out blue fireballs, throwing the group to the floor, then, in a true attempt at defense, now transforms into a dragon. Okay, dragon transformation in the third one compared to the first one, what did you think?
Speaker 3: A huge jump? I mean production was on all fires at like, all engines running. Yes, it was just so much better. Game of Thrones is like one of my favorite things, so it's hard for me to watch other Dragon stuff because it all compares to them. This was a great Disney Channel Dragon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really.
Speaker 3: Don't you remember the first one, We were like, good, yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was done on somebody's Commodore sixty four. But this one, it's like.
Speaker 3: It was legit, legit. It got better even from the second one. After we just saw it at the end of the second one. It got even better from that. So I was very happy about it.
Speaker 2: And if the budget truly was fifteen million dollars, it just shows how much more you can do with less money with the technology that they have nowadays, because it definitely looked better. Yes, But before the dragon can attack, Haitie uses the Ember's powers, draining Mau's magic with a blue stream. Everyone back an Ordon is watching, and bitter Audrey points out that their precious queen can't even protect them after all, even though the fairy Godmother at first warns everyone not to panic. They all eventually do, running in all directions. We're now back in the battle. Hades is still draining her magic, but she's somehow able to blast him one more time, forcing him back through the portal and onto the aisle. As it closes, a shaken Mau returns to her normal self in amidst she felt her power slipping away. Evie tells her she's safe and Hadi's is back where he belongs for now. Audrey is crying in her bedroom while we see old photos of her and Prince Ben from their childhood relationship. She hears the negative words of her grandma and she draws herself wearing a crown. She's so tired of pretending. She wants to know where her happy ending is and starts emo rap, singing a new song, Queen Aman, all about how her dreams were crushed and she knows who to blame. As the song progresses and she transfer arms into evil, her jealousy sends her to the museum, where she steals the crown and Maleficent's now glowing staff.
Speaker 1: Is apparently her turn. What did you think of this song?
Speaker 3: I I feel like storyline wise, it was needed, like but at the same time, this is when I, by the way, had already checked on how long this movie was. I was like, we could have probably lost the long song and just made this a very quick right, get to it, get it done, go, and it didn't have to necessarily be song for him. I don't know. I guess it just didn't think this was needed.
Speaker 1: You know what this felt like to me?
Speaker 2: This felt like somebody had just watched Hamilton and wanted to do a Hamilton type song in this movie.
Speaker 3: Fair this was what twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they just like they're like favorite.
Speaker 3: To incorporate or just feeling like to be of you know, recent and in the like, yeah, realm of what's going on musically in the world, I guess. But it just still was just kind of one of those moments that even if they did it, they didn't take it out completely. It didn't seem like it needed to be as long as it was right, it could have been a quick verse like that's what. But see, here's the thing knowing how these contracts work and getting kids to come back to do these second like that, you're like for the third Cheetah Girls, part of the contract was that we each wanted to write and produce and do our own songs. Sure, I'm thinking how big this cast is? Like was that part of it? Like were these kids demanding that they got? Not in a bad way, not in a bad way, but like thinking, like yes, like the first and second one, I have been great. You know that's where the music is, where the money is. I want a part of it. I want to be I want to be showcased. I want a career. I want a music career.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so is that what it is? You know?
Speaker 3: Like that's what my brain started going because this song again did not need seem necessary like in in it the story part of it did, but not a full blown musical song.
Speaker 1: I also didn't like the song.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, if this magical staff has all this power and the crown is there, and this has happened to you before like it did in the first one where mal Hell is security, why even.
Speaker 1: Put it on display?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How is this not in a magical Vaultimore?
Speaker 2: You can you can have an entire island protected from your evil people, but you're keeping the most powerful, enchanted evil things like with one guy who's got a camera on it?
Speaker 1: Are you kids. It's like you deserve to have your entire island destroyed.
Speaker 3: It's it's ridiculous. Was literally like, where the f is secure security?
Speaker 1: Why is this a thing? Why can anyone just walk in and take the nuclear device? Like what? Yes?
Speaker 3: Like that changes everything? That has all the I mean we already saw it with the yes.
Speaker 2: Things should not be just readily accessible to kids who are going through through puberty.
Speaker 1: Like my boyfriend broke up with me, I'm destroying the world. Like, let's it's insane. Yeah, it's sane.
Speaker 2: Come on people again, foo evil queen me once, Shame on you, evil queen me twice, shame on me.
Speaker 3: But this is like the third time I know what I'm saying, My God, do something like that.
Speaker 1: How many times can we do this before You're just still stupid.
Speaker 3: It's not just that it's the same situation. It's in the same place.
Speaker 1: I know. They just put it back on the same damn stand. It's my god, thank god the plinth wasn't ruined. We can put it right back like what the hell? Oh God?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're now back at King Ben's awfully protected castle. Everyone's in a panic about hate. No one's safe by the way. All you have to do is think this guy's name. He turns into stone. Everyone's in a panic about Hades. They can't risk having another really and on the loose. Evie blames herself. She was supposed to protect Ordon. Ben's dad the Beast says that every time they open the portal, they're exposed to danger. Malficent Uma Hades list goes on and on, and then Ben's phone rings and they find out someone has stolen malificent scepter and the Queen's crown.
Speaker 3: What again.
Speaker 2: Ben's dad blames Zuma, but Ben isn't convinced. Mal says there's only one way to guarantee their safety. There can't be any more going in and out of the aisle. They need to close the barrier forever. Ben is immediately against the idea, but Mal assures him she doesn't want to take his dream away, this dream of unity away. It was beautiful and why she fell in love with him. But as King and Queen, their duty is to protect Ordon. They have no other choice. Even Ben's dad thinks Mal's right. Oh, tough call, Mal, I get it.
Speaker 1: But tough call. She's like, I've got my castle. We can lock the door behind.
Speaker 3: Bitch has been queen for five minutes. No one's allowed anymore. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Bite.
Speaker 1: I've got my three friends. Yes.
Speaker 3: She's basically like, you're cool.
Speaker 1: You're cool. You're not you're you you, you're cool.
Speaker 3: You're cool, and everyone you know. Close the doors, lock them up. Please, can we get some more security?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, I want secure. Don't worry. I'll make it sound better. I'll sing you why I'm trapping you on this silod for the rest of your life. Man oh man.
Speaker 3: Evie got better.
Speaker 1: Right, as is the best we've ever seen. At Eve's, Mal tells her about how they're thinking of closing the barrier, and Eva is obviously against it. How will they see their parents.
Speaker 2: They've been living the dream to share it with the new generations and made promises to these new kids. Evy assumes that Mao will stand up for the Vks and that shall be a great queen, but this is obviously weighing heavily on her mind because it.
Speaker 1: Was Mal's idea.
Speaker 2: Later, Mal walks out the front door and is startled by a bolt of lightning from a cloud of pink smoke. Audrey appears now with the scepter and crown. When Mal asks if this is some sort of a joke, Audrey explained she wanted them, so she took them. Of all people, Mal should understand, don't you remember this in the first one and there's no security?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Seriously was it locked even? Nope? All open. Just had to grab it.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to literally didn't enough to get through.
Speaker 2: A protective spell to grab the thing. She's like, it's mine now, It's like my god. Audrey says her life was perfect until Mao stole it, and now Oradon has turned his back on her, so it's time for a little payback. She cackles and turns mout into the old Hag, and they made her look pretty darn good, just like like the hag from Snow White, and asked if Ben will love her now, she promises all of Radone will pay. As Carlos, Evy, Celia and Jay run outside, Mal announces so long suckers, and disappears.
Speaker 1: Now now, the old Hag.
Speaker 2: With a very fragile voice, tells her friends there's no spell that can reverse the curse of the Scepter.
Speaker 1: So what did you think of the makeup of the voice?
Speaker 3: I thought it was. The makeup looked amazing rrect. It was interesting to me. I'm gonna have to jump to one of the Sabrina seas the old tags. So now we got to go back. So Evie is the evil queen from snow White's daughter, so they turned her into her like she turned her into looking like her mom when she was a wha yeah, and no one referenced.
Speaker 1: It, no, which would have been interesting to do, like.
Speaker 3: Mom mom, that would have been like something. They didn't reference it at all, and it was, I mean, and Evie's like obviously right there. I thought it was good. I thought, you know, that would be hard. I instantly go gosh, man, to have to think of like how I would act as like an old hag like, and I thought she did pretty good.
Speaker 1: Once you get into the makeup, like the character comes in.
Speaker 2: Next thing, you know, you have the voice and like you would have done it, you'd have pulled it off.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Thanks.
Speaker 3: How I wake up every morning morning man exactly. Jordan's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, throwing holy water at you politically.
Speaker 3: This morning, I put on one of those masks that you sleep in over anytime I do that. He rolls over and he's like, I can.
Speaker 2: Hear his Oh, I do the same thing with Sue. Sue will also just jump in and go hi, wearing a red light mask, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, dah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, Like what is there something whereas men use exactly the same soap on their junk that they do on their face, and that's that's our facial regiment normally, that's true. The Old Hag tells him to forget about her or done is in danger. The only thing more powerful than the scepter is hades ember. Celia says she knows where he lives. She runs errands for him and has a key to his place at her dad's. Dizzy, Squeak and Squirmy walk outside and scream at the side of the Old Hag. So they're gonna stay home for now, and with that the rest of the gang get ready for a new adventure. We quickly cut to mal Evy, Carlos, j and Celia all driving on dirt bikes at the edge of Oredon. Old Hag malites a spell that allows him to ride the bikes over the water straight to the aisle, which in essence makes the.
Speaker 1: Portal completely unnecessary, right right? Okay? So why even okay?
Speaker 2: I feel like this made the entire plot a problem and means they always.
Speaker 1: Have a bridge.
Speaker 2: And also, if Uma has the same kind of power that mal does, why can't she also enchant things to just drive straight across Because she's outside the dome already, because she's in the water as they're leaving, So why.
Speaker 3: Couldn't she just can start going? Like why wasn't she back? What? I don't remember why she didn't go back to her like were they?
Speaker 2: I think because she was allowed out says like, oh, I've seen turtles the size of this and fished like they're fighting it from you. So she's just deciding to stay outside the dome, I guess.
Speaker 1: But yeah, why didn't she just go back anyway?
Speaker 2: As they drive off, Dude Carlos's dog yells, warning him that he's going to miss Jane's birthday, and with that we caught to a birthday party where Chad Charming points out to Jane that carl This appears to have forgotten about the party, and then Audrey arrives. It looks like someone forgot to invite her. Chad Charming runs to her he wants to be her loyal boyfriend, partner in crime or lackey, and she agrees she could use some help.
Speaker 3: His hair is much longer, too, is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you remember Chad Charming from there?
Speaker 1: I remember the character sure, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yes, And he was like all like clean cut. His hair is much longer too, So again I'm thinking this is happened.
Speaker 1: In the Harry Potter movies too. By the third or fourth all the dudes had long hair.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's kind of well, first, there's so many years probably in between them, and like that's like more of the style now. I don't know, I'm still like to the point where his hair being long, I didn't recognize him at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the third Harry Potter, where they tried to make it look like they were in a throttle, they all kind of had long hair, and then the fourth for Goblet of Fire put.
Speaker 3: Them in a throutle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The guy who directed the third Harry Potter was famous for directing some movie about a three way and like like recreated a lot of the same shots where Harry and Hermione are holding onto each other and Ron's like holding onto the boat, like it looks like they're basically in a throuble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was things everybody said anyway.
Speaker 2: Now with a sidekick, she starts singing a creepy version of a Happy Birthday to Jane and puts everyone asleep with pink smoke. Jane, somehow, though, realizes that she can avoid it by going into the enchanted lake and staying underwater. Once alone, she calls Ben and informs him on Audrey's new persona. She tells him to stay home. She's gonna call her mom for her wand meanwhile, Eve, Celia, Jay, Carlos, and Mal arrive on the aisle. Since evil magic doesn't work there, Mal is back to her regular self. Celia then opens her dad's door with a weird rhythmic knock.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if she were to leave the island again before seeing her dad and getting the ember, she'd still be the Hag. Right, Yes, they didn't break the spell just by going to the island. It's just that that magic doesn't work there. So if she then leaves without getting the ember to break the will still be the Hag if she goes back to Oridon, right.
Speaker 3: I think? Okay, I was this is what I'm saying, I know, I a lot of work, Like I'm starting to get tired, and I'm looking at the time and we still have one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: I know it was this one got This one got a little convoluted to me. It got convoluted to me. I'm sorry. I was making it a musical. It did. It got a little this one got a little mushy.
Speaker 3: There was well, it was just a lot of information. It was like watching the first episode in first season of Game of Thrones, like you're just tired because you're like trying to remember and soak it all in and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot going on. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Celia then opens her dad's door with a weird rhythmic knock. We're now inside doctor Facilier's Voodoo Arcade, which is another really cool set. So rad I guess voodoo Arcade is like a demented circus, kind of homemade circus, which is kind of cool. It's like kind of evil, a little evil feeling, so let which is awesome. Yeah, Celia greets her dad with a little TikTok dance, and he hopes she has a hustle going on.
Speaker 1: She says she has friends on the other side and they're on a mission.
Speaker 2: She takes the key as Carlos watches a news report about a sleeping spell spreading through Orodon. Apparently, a rumor is that Sleeping Beauty's daughter is behind the spell, but no one believes that. Why a sleeping spell They wouldn't believe was coming from Sleeping Beauty's daughter.
Speaker 3: Well, because she her mom was put to sleep.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's like it would.
Speaker 3: Make more sense from but she Molficit, the.
Speaker 1: Master of sleeping spells, and everyone knows Mollificson isn't there, so right.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's still a little baby lizard, right.
Speaker 1: But also she's not supposed to be evil.
Speaker 2: I get what you're trying to say, but come on, it's like, you know, Gunny Pete couldn't be shooting people. With this news, the gang leaves the Voodoo Arcade, only to see Hook's son and his friends stealing their bikes. The guys unsuccessfully run after them as mel and Celia are off to snatch the ember during Haiti's nap time. When they arrive, Celia unlocks the gate and tells Meal to be quiet, and immediately a dog starts barking, forcing them to jump quick.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the dog that guards Hades guards the underworld? Three headed dog? Big three headed dog.
Speaker 3: Oh don't know, Cerberus.
Speaker 1: He's a big puppy paid with them. I'm kidding. I have never met a three headed dog guarding.
Speaker 3: And this is all from Hercules. I loved this. I loved Had's look.
Speaker 1: By the way, yeah, just like the hair, eyes looked sick yep, yeah, everything it worked.
Speaker 2: He was He was by far my favorite character other than of the new people are even the original four Yeah, he was my favorite. Celia and Mal grab helmets and board a bicycle powered mine cart and start pedaling on tracks with the underground tunnels. They arrive at a hidden cave and the dog barking continues, but it turns out to just be a record player. They say Haiti's sleeping in a chair with the ember nearby, and when Celia, for absolutely no reason whatsoever what you thinking, stops the record player, Haiti wakes up smooth move xlax. He asks what she's doing, and Celia says she noticed he was low on cancorn. Mouse sneaks up behind him, but Haiti grabs her hand when she tries to take the ember and they stare at each other, and that's when Mal says, Hi, Dad, what's And.
Speaker 3: Again I'm going to wait, did I know that? Did I know that? Did I know that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think we knew that. No, No, this was new.
Speaker 2: He tells her that she put on quite a show the other day, and she says, right back at you. She accuses him of abandoning her as a baby, but he says no, he left her mother. He says they both hate her mother, but Mal says she doesn't. At least she's stuck around. Haiti says she needs to wake up and smell the stink. He used to be a god. Now he has nothing, and she has no idea what that feels like. She disagrees. For sixteen years she's had nothing and now she'll lose a whole world if she can't take the emperor.
Speaker 1: Is she supposed to be sixteen and getting married?
Speaker 3: That's that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I figured she was supposed to be eighteen nineteen. They were just about to graduate. Maybe she was held back a year because she evil Island doesn't have the same education system.
Speaker 3: So but she remember, I mean, we had a big issue with Ben becoming king at like thirteen years old, right, all right, but that's normal.
Speaker 2: I mean again, that's she's like eighteen in the third movie because it's been two years.
Speaker 1: But she says sixteen. Okay. I think maybe she was for sixteen years, is what she meant when she had nothing. Now she has stuff and she's been there for two years. Now she's eighteen and she wants to protect her family. I think that's what they mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, hopefully we'll go with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: Even eighteen getting married is hey young?
Speaker 1: At least you're legal at that point, but this is, oh, pretty young. It's very young again when Will takes over the world. And you know I'm going to do when I start talking to myself in the third person. First thing, nobody can get married till they're thirty. That's just part of the law.
Speaker 2: Then we get our next song, a jumpy rock tune called do what You Gotta Do perform while Mal tries to get the ember and argues with her dad about their relationship and ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: It's official, Daddy issues are back. What did you think of the song?
Speaker 3: I did like this one?
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 3: I I liked it. I think, I mean again, I think it's the movie within this whole movie. It has nothing to do with the performers or the vocals or anything that is that of an issue. It's whether the move the actual song, was one needed or like moved me and this one I did like I did. This was one of my more like I like this one.
Speaker 1: Probably they were great together on screen, and uh yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: I loved the movement.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, yeah, this was cool.
Speaker 2: When the song ends, she says, if he wants to make up for being a lousy dad, he can give her the ember, but he has some bad news. She's only half hades. It's useless to her, but Mal says she'll take her chances. The proud dad then hands her the ember with a warning if it gets wet, it's game over.
Speaker 1: Wow, like at all, that's it. Like I spilled one drink on it. All my power has gone.
Speaker 3: My hands are sweaty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, my god.
Speaker 3: Like this is not that great of a number.
Speaker 2: No, it's a terrible ember. How many times you dropped your phone in the toilet.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on, my gosh, I mean god.
Speaker 2: As he walks away, Mal reveals that Evie was the only one that knew Hades is her dad, and as far as she's concerned, he doesn't even exist. Back at Ben's castle, he tells the guard to find if Audrey has a list of demands, and when the guard leaves, Audrey by the way, worst guards ever get better guards. This is just a land of awful, awful guards. Audrey magically appears behind him. She says she has just one proposition. She'll wake everybody up if he makes her his queen and they rule side by side. That's when you lie to her and say, of course, baby, of course that I've always loved you. Take a damn you're good go Yeah, But.
Speaker 1: You also just say no, you just go. Yeah, of course I've always sad.
Speaker 3: What I mean, Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd be like, you're good, go. This is more important.
Speaker 1: Grab her in the head one time, put her in jail.
Speaker 3: How hard is this, dude, And then obviously put the crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then put the crown right back on the pedal. Still, put the evil thing right back where it goes. And uh, fire the one security guard you had because he's useless, so why.
Speaker 1: Keep at all? Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 2: He wonders if someone put a spell on her, but she says she just wasn't bad enough for him. He liked the old Audrey more because she wouldn't want to hurt Ordon. He tells her to give him the scepter and he'll forgive her, but that makes her even angrier. She says that sleeping is too good for him and too good for Ordon, and she casts a new spell, turning some of the residents into stone, including the fairy Godmother. Back on the island, lost, Carlos, ev j Mal, and Celia head through the portal, but Harry Hook and Gil jump through it before it closes, and it feels like maybe they should be a little more careful while closing the portal. This has now happened twice in like a half an hour. Yes, so maybe just don't click it like your garage doors. You're driving away hoping it's going to close. Because even I spend the whole day like.
Speaker 1: Did I shut the ground?
Speaker 2: Did I close the evil portal before I left?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 2: Uh? There is a melee. Then when Harry Hook pushes Carlos, it caused his mouth to drop. The Emver who has just been carrying it didn't put it in her pocket, which is kind of dumb.
Speaker 3: Or didn't have like a specific little pouch.
Speaker 1: Some sure something. She's just holding it like this and.
Speaker 3: Surrounding water without thinking. Yeah, exactly, it was the whole world is like it's a sleep.
Speaker 1: This is where to me it was it was very lazy, Yes, like it was just kind of like, Okay, why would I be holding this?
Speaker 2: Like as an actor, I'd be like, why would I be holding this? Why wouldn't I put it in my pocket? Maybe I go to reach it and then somebody grabs my hand and it falls. Why am I just holding it the whole time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems strange, but yes, it's.
Speaker 3: Just feeling like we're just trying to hurry and quickly get to our next musical. Yeah, and I feel like I'm that'sind of what it was feeling like to me.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: When Harry tries to grab it, goes flying into the ocean, but right before it hits the water and it is rendered useless, UMA's tentacle pops up to grab it.
Speaker 1: She emerges from the sea and yes, great reveal love him. So it was like great, perfect way.
Speaker 3: To bring her bad or maybe that's what we were rushing.
Speaker 1: To maybe, yeah, but it was still like figure.
Speaker 3: It was rushing, it was just fumbling through.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed.
Speaker 2: Mal tells her to give it back because it can't get wet, and Uma transforms back int her human on the rock. And my guess is UMA's giant wet tentacle.
Speaker 1: Would have gotten it wet. But okay, I think so that's all right.
Speaker 3: But I've never touched a live octopus tentacle or.
Speaker 2: A magical crystal that does all that kind of stuff, right, totally different thing. I actually have touched a live octopus tentacle and it's wet.
Speaker 1: You've never done it. You've never done like a type thing you touch. Oh missing out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. Nope, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I love it looks too much like a snake.
Speaker 1: I love it. Had snakes wrapped around me too, Ohma.
Speaker 2: Said, I've got a lot. Don't put me on top of a building heights all freak out. But you want to wrap a giant snake around me?
Speaker 1: Not a problem. I'm fine with something I can fight like. That's why I don't like ghosts. Like.
Speaker 2: If I can fight something, I've got a chance against the snake. I don't have a chance against a building, you know what I mean, Like, I can I believe, Like, give me something I can actually fight.
Speaker 1: I stop that. I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: I just went to the zoo, just a little small zoo Monroe recently and found out like she's like really into snakes.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna get You're gonna have a terrarium with snake.
Speaker 3: No. Do you know what I told her? I lied.
Speaker 1: I lied to her. I don't care.
Speaker 3: We'll do whatever I told her. I said, do you know that snakes eat their owners?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Suprena, you did not say.
Speaker 3: It, because that's how bad. I don't want a snake like one.
Speaker 2: Of the world's foremost reptologists or something.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. I don't care. I don't care. You have to find a different dreams snakes. I did well. I actually had just been watching Euphoria and they talked about the boa constrictor that did like sleep with their owner and then stopped eating. And the vet told the owner that your snake is preparing it self to eat you. Like that's it was it part of the storyline. And I don't know if that's real or not.
Speaker 1: But the kid's sex drug show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm more scared of viphoria than I am of snakes.
Speaker 3: That just made me go, Okay.
Speaker 1: I know what, I know what I'm getting her for a birthday.
Speaker 3: Don't know what I'm getting her. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Beautiful python. She's gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, no will. I'm gonna have God dreams about its night like I swear, it's awful, but I did. I told her, I said, you know that they eat their owners sometimes, and she goes, are you serious, mom? I said, yeah, serious.
Speaker 1: She also toys. They just eat your toys and your and your body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it in your little Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, you.
Speaker 3: Can't have one. She cannot have one. I'm gonna telling you whatever it get a different idea that she started going to.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I'll get her at tarantula.
Speaker 3: I'd be way better with a tarantula than a snake.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pit a tarantula in the snake against each other, and your daughter and I are gonna watch them fight it out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, you can do that at your house, Uma says.
Speaker 2: While in the water, she found out that Ordon is even better than she imagined. Uma says she'll give Mal the Ember back if they can guarantee every single villain kid can leave the island if they want to, Even though at first she says she can't promise that, Mal gives in and makes the deal, buying just like Hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: Snakes eat you.
Speaker 2: Uma says she's gonna hold onto the Ember, though she just doesn't trust Mal, and since it's the job for pirates, the one time rivals, Uma, Gil and Harry decide to team up to stop Audrey, and with that, the big squad heads back to Orodon. When they get to Ordon Prep, everyone is passed out and Mal can't reach Bend the cell signals out.
Speaker 1: Carlos finds Dude the Dog, which.
Speaker 2: Is obviously the talking dog earlier, who confirms that Audrey is behind this and that some people, including Hannah, have turned into stone with this news. After some bickering between Mal and Uma, they head to the castle over at Aurora's College. Now, Audrey uses the scepter to see that Mal and her team are in the woods. She doesn't understand how Mal broke her spell or what Uma is doing there. She assumes it was Chad and throws a glass bowl at him. Mal in the gang rabbit Ben's castle and do the dog leads them to a large room where Harry Hook notices one of these.
Speaker 1: Silver Knights has moved. Pink smoke seeps out of its mask.
Speaker 2: Audrey has put a spell on the empty armour, now controlling it with malefics and sceptor. And it's not just a battle, it's our next song. This apply titled night Falls. The Core four fight the Cursed Knights alongside Uma, Harry and Gil. So what do you think of the song and the sexy dancer Teine that they're doing in armor and this is where the again with the rules. I was like, what what what the what just happened? So what did you think of this one?
Speaker 3: So this song one, it's cool in the sense that I always love and there I feel like there's almost no one that does it better than Kenny Take with props, remember like with the like surfboards, the ball, the beach balls and musical He's great at prop work. I loved it. The hard part about the prop work with it is it was a sword, so they had to be very careful of it. Not like they're well, they're just they're using it, but like, no one's like at any point, like getting slashed. Sure, so that's where it kind of was like, oh, like this is his best and great. It was great in a lot of ways, but it also like was like I needed more.
Speaker 1: I needed more. The choreography was fine, but the thing I didn't get.
Speaker 3: When they started doing the like, I didn't understand why them doing like this, like all of a sudden, She's just like.
Speaker 1: And then the rest of them were doing belly.
Speaker 3: Dancing and then the like I didn't understand. I guess I missed it and I rewatched it twice.
Speaker 1: You didn't miss anything.
Speaker 3: I don't get in I don't get it why they still started doing something and then the soldiers started she put on them.
Speaker 2: I guess that made them do what the they were doing, But then how does that get them to lose?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't I didn't understand it. Visually, it was still very cool, it just didn't make sense to me. I need it more because if I'm getting a sword fight, I want a sword fight. I want blood. I need the gore.
Speaker 1: Like I think, I think there's a Disney way of doing that.
Speaker 2: And what I figured they were going to do was going to be like if if they somehow made the the Armored Knights mimic what they were doing, that they were then going to use their swords and like at the end, like turn it around and mimic like they stabbed themselves.
Speaker 1: So then the Armored.
Speaker 3: Knights, I think it's all too farm.
Speaker 1: Each other's helmets off.
Speaker 3: The whole sword fight in the last one with the Pirates, remember that and very like hook and that worked like they never actually used their weapons. They just each other a lot, right, but it worked and it worked like but this just it was again because the prop was the sword.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 3: I just didn't stand but it wasn't used.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand what they were doing more. But anyway, like the guts, yeah, I wanted this to something else if this is what it was going to be, I know.
Speaker 2: In the end, our Radtag crew beats the odds and defeats the Knights thanks to a spell from Mal. Apparently, they celebrate, but it's still awkward between the former rivals. Evie encourages that they try an icebreaker, but they don't have the time. They separate to find Ben and Audrey and decide to meet back up at Evie's in two hours.
Speaker 1: When Malanieve entered Audrey's summer school dorm room, they find Uma laying on the bed reading Audrey's diary. She learned that Audrey hangs out at the Fairy Cottage, which is a location that was used in the past movies. We cut to the forest where the guys and Do the Dog are looking for ben.
Speaker 2: Gil finds and eats fruit off a bush and suggests another icebreaker game. He tells Jay that he likes the way he bounces and jumps off of things. Jay returns the compliment and says he likes how Gil loves the berry bushes. They all start to get along and Harry Hook tries a barry too before returning the forest.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I honestly got the vibe that maybe they were kind of gonna couple up these two characters.
Speaker 1: Did you get that vibe? Okay? And so I think they were doing that on purpose, I'm agree with.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, interesting the way they're gonna go with this, And I kind of got that like maybe this is where they're headed, which again I was like, bravo. Meanwhile, the girls malt Celia, Uma and Evie all arrive at Evie's house. Dizzy, Squeaky, and Squirmy are sleeping on the couch and it looks like Dizzy is having a nightmare, so Celia comforts her.
Speaker 1: In the other.
Speaker 2: Room, they hear Doug snorring. He's also under a deep sleep spell. Uma tells Evie she can wake him up, because true love's kiss works every single time. Evie admits they haven't actually used the L word yet, then asked that they could be alone. And now she starts to sing her jumpy solo song one Kiss, all about if Doug is actually her one true love. Think of this smooch obsessed segment here.
Speaker 3: This was when I was like, Okay, I felt confirmed about my earlier notion that everyone's getting solo songs, right, That's just what I thought about it.
Speaker 2: Did Cameron Boyce have have a solo or boo boo?
Speaker 1: I don't think they did. I think it's just the girls that had solos.
Speaker 3: At this point, we had started seeing and hearing stuff from both of like from these from the girls that are in the movie, Like you started hearing other songs. They were definitely like pursuing artist careers, gotcha? So this song just to me. When it came on, I was like, okay, this has to be like a contract again.
Speaker 1: Did you like it?
Speaker 3: I did. I thought it was like cute. I mean it's for you know. I think this is like a younger version of like Sophia Carson's like like song, so it's kind of young for her, but I think her character is just so adorable and like a song like this is very cute, but again too long. Like I didn't think these songs needed to be as long as they were as solo songs, right, gotcha, Like get the point across? Yeah, and it like do like a vert, like have a song on a soundtrack, right, have a full song on a soundtrack, but like in the movie, like verse, chorus, maybe a little bit of something and then you're done. Right, I don't think these songs need.
Speaker 2: To be It's interesting though, how you said that, because I now you now that I'm thinking about it, it's like, yeah, this is just totally a solo for her.
Speaker 1: It's like this is what you get. Come on back.
Speaker 2: You're dancing yourself, you're singing yourself, you're running around o by yourself. They're coming in and doing the doops. But it's just like just you. Yeah, totally makes sense. Yeah. Well, the song ends and she does kiss them, and when nothing happens, she walks away at first, but he quickly wakes up joking around.
Speaker 1: It did, in fact work.
Speaker 3: I love them, Remember how we loved them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a great couple. They are a great arguably my favorite. Yes.
Speaker 2: Back in the forest, the guys are still looking for Ben when a beast adjacent creature kind of in a blue outfit jumps out from behind a tree. He growls and attacks the but they're quick to fight back, especially because.
Speaker 1: It's four on one. Carlos thinks it's Ben and wonders if Audrey did that to him. Jay even recognizes his pants. Carlos tries to calm the beast and gets a splinter out of his hand. They finally created a truce when Jane appears, spraying the creature with water from the enchanted lake, turning him back to human form. It was Ben. We knew it was Ben. He was wearing the same clothes. Carlos and Jane reunite, but Harry Hook doesn't care. He starts hitting on Jane.
Speaker 2: Carlos is quick to step up and say she's taken, and Ben is still just as confused.
Speaker 1: Why are these pirates hanging out with him?
Speaker 2: That's when they head back to the girls, knowing that working together for the Ember is the only way to save the city.
Speaker 1: We are now back at Evie's house.
Speaker 2: Mal thanks Uma for her help, and the unlikely Palace are starting to get along, and over in Audrey's cottage, she's still watching on through the scepter. She laughs, these girls think they're on the right track, but they aren't going anywhere. She tells Chad Charming she's going to mess them up a little and locks them in the closet, and we're now quickly back at Eve's. Mal and Umar are sharing a cake and mending wounds, when all of a sudden, the house starts to get boarded up. It is another spell from Audrey and now they're trapped inside. Mal herself tries a spell, but it doesn't work. Uma, now at the ember around her neck, recites the spell with Mal. This time it works. All the boards fall off the house. Audrey is still watching on through the scepter and screams no. Ev points out that Uma and Mal working together, this is what she's been talking about Uma finally trusts Mal and gives her back the ember. Celia takes a peek out the window and sees the guys. Mal races to Ben and everyone hugs. Ben tells Uma he's always known she'd been a part of the solution. The girls reveal that Audrey might be at the Fairy cottage, and Ben says Audrey took him there every Fairy Godmother's Day. Carlos then gives Jane her birthday gift. It's a necklace, that, says Jarlos, which is their names together, Sabrina, should we get each other Jarlos neck with necklaces?
Speaker 1: What would it be? Would it be Si Bill or would it be will Brina? Sounds so, aren't they great? I love it. I'm gonna be honest with billing. Will Brina is great.
Speaker 3: Dell Bridell, Bridell sounds kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Bride Dell's okay or Fryan? Okay? Will Brina Fryan. I think that's good. I will have the necklaces made up. I'd like two gold plated will Brina Frying necklaces, please, Ben says. Doug and Jane to find Fairy Godmother, and Gil joins for muscle and everyone else makes their way to the Fairy cottage. They enter, but Audrey is nowhere to be found. But they hear some knocking at the front door. They hear some knocking at the door. It's Chad Charming. He's on the floor, rocking back and forth. He says he wants his mommy.
Speaker 2: When he realizes Audrey is gone, he snaps back in reality and runs away.
Speaker 1: He is free. We're now outside the museum.
Speaker 2: Jane, Doug, and Gil find Fairy Godmother frozen on the steps. Jane gets emotional and promises her mom they'll make everything right.
Speaker 1: And simultaneously, while everyone is leaving the cottage, Mel finally tells everyone the truth.
Speaker 2: Kids won't be coming off the island anymore. She's closing the program and the barrier will shut for good. Uma says she knew it was a mistake to trust her, and Harry Hook assumes that King Benny will probably just throw them away. Even young Celia gets out of the action, calling Mall a chicken, then grabbing the anvert from Mal's hand and throwing it into a bird feeder full of water. She takes their only weapon and destroys it. Sparks fly and Mal tries to spell to fix it, but nothing works. Way to go dumb and with that, Uma, Celia and Harry hook walk away. Mal apologizes to ev she is so sorry. She swears she had to do something to protect Orodon, but Evie can't believe she lied to the kids, and now what need her?
Speaker 3: Why did she choose this? Yom? Seriously I needed to know. I literally was screaming at my television, going why no, why now? Why why can't we fix the current problem before you start bringing more bull drama? Mal like she couldn't.
Speaker 2: Hold it in anymore because they were starting to bond as a team, and she's like, I can't go any farther without telling you that I actually killed all your parents.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: You're about to be queen. You've got to be stronger than that, now, Yeah, don't read the room.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly. Yeah, I agree, dude, I agree.
Speaker 3: It's like what you obviously know. Exposing this, you're gonna piss off your friends and the people that you just created to like join the pack. You're realizing you need all of them.
Speaker 1: Why do this? Now? You're right, right, right, let's.
Speaker 3: Get another solo song.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: You're probably right that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's what's gonna happen. That's what it is now, Evie.
Speaker 2: Carlos and Jay walk away, and Mouse screams that she had no choice.
Speaker 1: I had no choice.
Speaker 3: I could have been quiet for.
Speaker 2: Shut my mouth for another two hours of this film and then told you at the end over the credits.
Speaker 3: The end.
Speaker 2: But no, just then lightning and pink smoke strike, turning your friends to stone.
Speaker 1: She's crying and starts to sing my fans a stone.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kidding, it's called my once upon a time, all about her leg see which is now somewhat tainted, and maybe save everybody, and then sing yes everybody.
Speaker 3: Also, I didn't understand. Now I'm like telling you, I'm like really confused, I'm tired, I'm a little exhausted at this point. Why did they turn to stone?
Speaker 2: Because she because because Audrey did it, But we don't know why or how and why if that's the case, didn't she do it just before when they got to Why wouldn't.
Speaker 3: She have done that before? Like like I didn't understand, I don't this circumstance made.
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 3: But yes, why and why didn't she do it.
Speaker 1: Before, because my guess is she wanted to wait till they were at their weakest. So now the okay, ah, I think I know.
Speaker 3: What it is. Okay, so they destroy.
Speaker 2: They because they destroyed the ember, so they have no protection against it anymore. And so she turned her friends to stone, but kept her there so she could witness.
Speaker 1: Look what you just did. Look what I just did. All your friends. I'm being as evil as I possibly can. I'm gonna make you watch this. And she's like, I'm gonna come kick your after I sing a song. So that that's why I think I gotta sing. I'll be right with you, but give me one second.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, so that's what I think happened.
Speaker 3: We should write a musical will and you get to you get to be the one that writes the song parts of it, and I want it to be that you're I.
Speaker 1: Hate you saying everything down. I would say everything going on, I'm walking down the stairs with for friends and would dance in like I would do stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, snap in my fingers.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Step awake, snap, snap, snap, and then other people come in and snap.
Speaker 1: That's what it's gonna be Now I'm hailing the cab with my friends. We can't all fit in this cab. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome. Yep, we gotta come up with a name. What's it gonna be called? Oh God, magical Rewind that's what it is. It's magical Rewind.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do our podcast as a musical one day.
Speaker 1: I'm calling Kenny Ortega. This is a brilliant He will be in. He's in, he said.
Speaker 2: After the song, she sprints after Uma and Harry, finding them outside Ordon prep, Mal begs for their help.
Speaker 1: They have a chance. So why didn't she then.
Speaker 2: Turn Uma and Harry also into maybe because they're bad and she thinks they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna help her. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they have a chance if they do this together. Uma cares about Ordon, but she says Mal brought this on herself. She'll need to figure it out on her own. The song continues now with the montage of I Love a montage with everything her and her friends have been through, and when the song does actually end, we hear Celia calling for help. Mal turns into the Dragon to fight Audrey, who's holding Celia hostage At the top of Ordon Prep. The battle begins, but Celia is too close to Audrey for Mel to breathe the dragonfire. Uma and Harry see what's going on, and Uma knows Mal doesn't stand a chance without the Ember. Audrey shoots her sceptorate Mal and the dragon falls from the sky. Uma and Harry run over to help, admitting they're stronger together, so now they're friends again. Uma holds onto her shell necklace and recites the spell Regain your might and Ignite. With the newfound power, Mal reveals hadess ember and it starts to glow again, so apparently it isn't destroyed by water.
Speaker 1: Empowered, Mal flies back to the top of the castle and exchanges magical blasts with Audrey. Mal's attack eventually overpowers the Sceptor, defeating Audrey and breaking all the curses that are cast across Arodon. Mal turns human again on top of Orodon Prep and Celia runs over to hugger. They notice Audrey's just lying there and not moving. That's when as a group they go over. They pick her up and throw her off the top of the tower. We follow as she splats on the ground dead. Forever, I'm kiddoed, that doesn't happen. We don't do that, that's right. They notice Audrey's just lying there, not moving. Mal.
Speaker 2: Here's her dad repeating the words, you're only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you, it does for me. That's when we cut to Evie's house, where Dizzy, Squeaky, and Squirmy are now waking up and rushing to eat cake. We also see the fairy godmother, Evie, Carlos, j and Ben. They're also breaking out of their statue spells. In Audrey's bedroom, she's still lying motionless with everyone watching over her.
Speaker 1: Evie says she's slipping away.
Speaker 2: Mal says, there's only one person in the world you might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades. And my suggestion was, you know what, let her die. She just tried to kill everybody. Let her die.
Speaker 1: Ben thinks he'd never agree to helpless. Now I'm just saying, you don't even have to let her die. We won't even let her die. Just shut the door and let nature take its course. I'm sure she'll sleep it off, she'll be fine. Ben thinks he'd never agree to help, but Mal says he just might do it for her. He's her father. Everyone is shocked by the revelation, but Ben sends guards to get him anyway. Uma asked to hitch a ride because the island is her home and someone needs to be there to protect it. Harry also volunteers be her first mate, which is code for a wah wah. Mal knows the ile will be safe. Actually they don't end up together. Mal knows the isle will be safe in their hands. Celia asks if she can also go home and wishes she could be in both places. Mal apologizes for lying, which you shouldn't have told him in the first place, and thinks she could have been good friends with Uma, And now everyone seems to understand she was trying to do the right thing. They're like, it's all right, girl. I was like, but you just hated me for this. Why is it okay?
Speaker 3: Now it's okay because they've got to move there. I looked, and I'm like, oh my gosh, we still have like a good jem.
Speaker 1: Right, That's why it's like, okay, here.
Speaker 3: We go, come on.
Speaker 4: I go.
Speaker 2: Hades arrives and shackles to Ordon. Mal, Ben, Bell, and Beast are all waiting in Audrey's room. When he enters, Mal thanks him for coming, and Ben asks if he'll be able to wake her. Haiti says she's gonna have to use his hands, so they take off the cuffs and Mal hands him the ember. He recognizes the irony and double standard and needing to save the day, yet he's still willing to help.
Speaker 1: His blue haired knight's very cool. Then he exchanges growls of Ben's dad, the Beast, which is also very cool, and Mal yells at him to focus. He approaches the bed and starts moving around the ember, and then Audrey sits up. She's awake. Everyone is shocked and thankful.
Speaker 2: Audrey hopes everything was just a bad dream and apologizes to everyone. Mal and Ben also admit they've owed Audrey an apology for a very long time, so it's a big apology fest. Joining into that apology, vest Audrew's grandmother also says she's sorry to Mal, and the guards grab Haities take him back to the aisle. Mal runs out after yelling Dad and kisses him on the cheek. He hands her the blue ember and she stands there crying. Now outside of the castle, Ben and malarive and everyone in Ordon is cheering. Ben thanks them for celebrating their engagement, and everyone raises their glasses to the new Queen of Ordon. When Carlos Yell's speech, Mal does speak. She says she can't be the Queen of Oredon. She's decided to close the barrier forever, and it was the wrong decision. She's learned that you can't live in fear because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. Uman the Pirates help saved Rodon, helped save Orodon, and without her father Hades, they wouldn't have stood a chance.
Speaker 1: Everyone is capable of good and bad, no matter what side they come from. She needs to be queen of both Rodon and the Aisle Ah, so she just wanted power over both. Smart She's making it seem like, oh, I just want I'd just be better if I was the queen of everyone. And this time they take the barrier down forever. Ah. So it all worked out in the end.
Speaker 2: The Beast says that's impossible, but Ben says it's actually not. You just pointed it and say three words, so really not that impossible. It's like a key ye pretty much. But he says it's time for forgiveness and new beginnings, which it's like a deodorant and the barrier.
Speaker 1: Will come down now on new beginnings.
Speaker 2: Everyone slowly starts to cheer louder and louder, until fairy Godmother hands mal her wand the core four all say, to make the world a better place, we all have to do it face to face. Then she points the wand to the aisle and the bridge starts to connect.
Speaker 1: Once fully built. People start to cross the bridge, including Uma and the Pirates. Sounds like a great band name.
Speaker 2: Then they all start to sing break this down, celebrating the new era. It's a big performance here, Sabrina, you're the expert. Whole company number including a parade and a large paper mache dragon.
Speaker 1: What did you think of this one?
Speaker 3: This is where Kenny thrives, right, I love it, yep, Kenny thrives in this and I loved this. Was the first time that we got to it was in a new venue, right like it was on this bridge, like obviously green screened, but like it just like to me, was very cool, It felt fresh, and it was great. I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree, I agree, this was a great This is this one and the first one and the first one Kenny take a specials Yeah, Hm, the KOs, the Kenny or take a special yes.
Speaker 2: Celia's dad, Dizzy's grandmother, Lady Tremaine, and even Smee Smee. Smee arrived to join in the fun. Jane tells Carlos she's nervous to meet his mom, but dude, the dog doesn't understand you're nervous. His mom's Corolla de Ville.
Speaker 1: I'm petrified. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: That's a good moment, Carlo says, wait until she finds out he wants to be a vet. Jay and Gill continue to develop a friendship while Jaye and Gil I'm telling you that's gonna be something, while Audrey and Harry Hook go off together, and then Hades arrives asking if he's invited to the wedding. Mal gives him a hug as he gives Ben his blessing, but still gives the.
Speaker 1: I'm watching you signal when his daughter isn't looking.
Speaker 2: And this is when I realized they didn't pay any of the four original cast members from the first one that were the bad Parents to show up, so they weren't in there. You didn't get Kristin chenow With or any of the kind of people there, because obviously.
Speaker 1: They weren't in this movie.
Speaker 2: Ben officially welcomes Haiti to Oordon, but Haiti tells him to chill out. The song continues as everyone dances.
Speaker 1: In credits roll, everyone walks through the castle and into oordone, but the original villain kids the hang back, holding hands to glance at the isle of their birth. Mal ask their friends if they miss their parents. They all admit yes. Then Mal wonders if their parents miss them. They agree they definitely do, because even as kids, they're rotten to the core. The group runs over the new bridge last one there is a rotten apple. The movie ends with the song dig a Little Deeper by Uma and that's our movie. Can we do some real reviews? Sabrina? I think you have the one star this week? What do you got?
Speaker 3: Our one star is by K zero zero three four four. That sounds like when you're at the DMV. Seriously, and it goes as this more like dumb sentence.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I also have the five star this week from Line Now and it's a great one. It says I need help with something. How do I watch this movie on here? I need help?
Speaker 1: I really want to watch this because it looks really good and I can't watching in the cinema or anywhere. Please help me, five stars.
Speaker 2: We've got Sabrina's favorite portion of the program right now, which is of course our future game since we recap the third Descendants movie.
Speaker 1: This week, we're gonna focus on the number three, or ti as they say in France, they do sept week Lefties, I can count to ten in so many languages. I will name two things. You're gonna tell me.
Speaker 2: The third word is us, by the way, the royal we that is greatly associated with the pair, making it well known.
Speaker 1: Trio three out of five wins. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 5: Get Lisa?
Speaker 1: Lisa? Yes?
Speaker 5: Do you know the song three is a magic number?
Speaker 1: Three hos magic number? Oh yeah it is. It's a magic number. Come on, nothing take three legs to make a tripod or to make a table stand. It takes three weeks, no calls, no crazy magic numbers from school Hoss rock.
Speaker 5: And then they even did a version that had like some of the guys from My Dream Street and stuff that was on Disney Channel.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Yeah anyway, three, six, nine, twelve, fifteen, eighteen, twenty one twenty four, twenty seven.
Speaker 2: A great this is You know, one of the greatest versions was by Blind Blind Melon did a version of this song.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Yeah, great. Anyway. Number one Athos, Porthos and.
Speaker 3: Sabrina Athos, Porthos Trithos.
Speaker 1: I believe it's Aramis.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that is correct? Speaking of three bus.
Speaker 2: The Three Musketeers, Porthos, Athos and Aramis. And it's actually also d'Artagnan, but that's a whole different thing. Number two, I hope you get Number two Harry Ron and Jerry Hermione.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter on my mind, Why.
Speaker 3: Would you think you know that I've not read or seen one book or movie. You know that? Okay, but it's in pop culture.
Speaker 1: It's like you think Harry Rod and Hermione. I think he's just knocked out. That's my Harry Potter. Harry's very nasal when he's younger.
Speaker 2: Number three Booster Gold, Blue Beetle. What there's no there's no trilogy here. It's it's the Blue and Gold. Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are the two.
Speaker 1: There's no so.
Speaker 2: Whatever Jensen found is wrong. Uh, it's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Are the blue and gold. So my guess is they're either talking about the new blue beetle in HEIMI ree as they're talking about skeets. But either that's wrong, and if they say green lantern, I'm gonna throw my computer through the thing. So number three, what did he say?
Speaker 1: It was skeets? Yeah, okay, so I was right with skeets.
Speaker 2: It's Booster Gold has a little thing that flies around with them named skeets. But it's really just the blue and the gold. It's Booster Gold and blue beetles. So three is actually wrong, even.
Speaker 1: Though I got it right.
Speaker 2: Number four, oh, Sabrina. Number four is Larry, Darryl and Jack. I believe this is from New Heart for the Bob Newhart Show. It's actually New Heart, and it's my name's Larry. This is Darryl, my other brother Daryl. It's Larry, Daryl and Daryl. That is correct, Okay, I win already.
Speaker 5: I just like how Sabrina doesn't even hesitate and just said.
Speaker 1: That, like, I'm not even gonna bother Ricky Okay. Number five Donald Duck Jose Karaoka, and I don't I have no idea what that is?
Speaker 3: Mike, Yeah, uh, Pluto.
Speaker 5: It's Panchito pistoles from the Three Caballeros.
Speaker 3: Donald Duck isn't it? Is it a cartoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, it's a live action Donald Duck.
Speaker 1: Well is it a cartoon?
Speaker 3: I'm trying because I feel like I see the visual and also Donald is in the Mexico part on Uh, it's a Small World in the Mexico part, So I'm assuming that's what this is from.
Speaker 1: Wow, It's a Small World after written by the Sherman brothers. Their son is one of my closest friends. Wow. He was a producer and writer on Boy Me World. Jeff Tump Oh, very cool. Okay, let's go into Sabrina Ceas please.
Speaker 3: Okay. So here's the thing I'm starting to realize with more of the current ones that they they pay a lot more attention to stuff on set and like like nothing's ever out of place, Like they're just really good at their jobs versus like I don't know if they just didn't care before or what, but I don't see a lot of things like out of place anymore.
Speaker 1: I have more question okay that.
Speaker 3: We don't cover, and I think are worth saying. Big question. Now you mentioned just recently in one of our latest movies that we did with the snowboarding and Cameron cloud Nine that she reminded you of Goldie Han when she acts. Did that happen for you and descendant hair?
Speaker 1: No, it's the purple hair through me, but but in the it did.
Speaker 3: So that was just interesting to me of like, you know, her putting a wig on someone fully puts her in a different like character, which makes you act probably a little bit differently.
Speaker 1: Or what do you think those are wigs? Or do you think they dyed their hair purple?
Speaker 3: They're definitely are they?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm never good at spotting wigs. I'm one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Like a mile away, I swear, yes, they are definitely wigs. And then, uh, the the underwater thing with the gem really threw me because I'm like, but she already broke it, like once she caught it with her tentacle, she broke it.
Speaker 1: That was it. I agree?
Speaker 3: Are we now?
Speaker 1: You can't get wet?
Speaker 3: It was this our first wedding proposal in a d coom. Maybe parents have gotten married, I was thinking, but this would be our very first wedding proposal.
Speaker 1: I would assume we've seen weddings happen, like what was the bubble one? Were they are there?
Speaker 3: But there was appearance?
Speaker 2: I no, no, but I'm saying, yes, we've seen, but we've seen weddings happen, but I don't think we've even seen a parent proposed.
Speaker 1: Have we?
Speaker 3: So no, they were already like engaged, like, yeah, was gonna happen, right.
Speaker 1: This might be you, right, this might be our first.
Speaker 3: Except for when you basically proposed to your your girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, in President's daughter. He wasn't asking, he was just you know, trying to get a little nookie.
Speaker 3: That was I felt like he was definitely trying to get in there. He's like, yeah, I want to be married to the President's Yeah, well right now.
Speaker 1: We're both sixteen, it's time.
Speaker 3: And then one of the big ones too again was the old Hag. I was like, they didn't even like address the fact that that would have been Evie's mom. I felt like that was a moment that was kind of missed. Yep, we did cover this one, but we didn't really say much. But why did she stop the record player? Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why that was such a grat I mean no, again, the night fight was whatever you didn't really you went right through and I thought you would say something about I was cracking up. And I don't know why. When Ben was a lion.
Speaker 1: Oh, when he was the beast, when he was yeah.
Speaker 3: The beast, I don't know why, the facial hair. And then even then he only had like a little bit of it, like for some reason the facial hair about him because I guess, you know, he's just such a good looking guy with like clean shape, right yeah, And I don't know what. The facial hair just made me like it was.
Speaker 1: A little it was a little boy band beast. It was a little boy band beast, wasn't it that? Yeah, yes, exactly, oh yes.
Speaker 3: And then the fairy Cottage. I didn't this is my last one. Again. I just felt like there were moments in this movie, most of them were musicals that didn't make sense. They spent all this time going to the fairy cottage. They walk in and they're like, oh, she's not here. Oh, let's really release a charming chad, and then all right, we're gone, Like there would be a point in it, right, There was just some things that just didn't seem to really necessarily be important and didn't I don't know I felt like again and we had. It's not like we were struggling to get to that ninety minute no time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, that's it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, now, of course is the time where we have to score the film we just watched.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do uh to this and this is going to be the top, all right, So yes, one to ten, ten being the best. Here's what we got. Our options are two.
Speaker 2: Hours, one out of ten, dirty laundry, wardrobes, guys doing flips, one out of ten, little garths, which sounds weird.
Speaker 1: One out of ten, happy endings, Let's please not pick that one. One out of ten, old hags, voodoo arcades, canned corns, one out of ten, portal sneaks, one out of ten, outnumbered wolf fights, one out of ten, dumb.
Speaker 3: Sentdants, what's our new name?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: One out of ten.
Speaker 2: Will Brina Frians Frans Norians Frians. Yeah, Will Brina Frans, that's a good one too. And I'm also going to put in one out of ten.
Speaker 1: Why would you turn off the record player? You pick which one you want to do.
Speaker 3: I want to go with will Will Brina Fryan, you got it. I want it to become a thing will Brina.
Speaker 2: Fryan's I think I think it's my turn to go this time. Okay, Look, I like the Descendants movies.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: It's a fun world. It's a brilliant especially the first one. Brilliant idea, the Descendants going to a high school. Oh my god, I mean you couldn't you couldn't pick a better world. Like most trilogies, this one didn't hold up to the other two.
Speaker 1: Is it awful?
Speaker 2: No, cast is great. They still light up the screen. The story didn't make a whole lot of sense this time. It was a little muddled that seemed kind of thrown together. It was very long, some of the songs weren't great. So this is by far my least favorite of the three Descendants. That being said, you kind of look at them as a whole. The world is great again. I'm gonna keep repeating. Love the cast, the four of them, especially rest in Peace Cameron boys.
Speaker 1: He was lit up the screen. All of them did. They were wonderful. But this was not a great. Like if this was the first Descendants movie that I saw and I obviously had no context, I'd be like, what the hell's going on? I don't really like this, So.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give this and I'm gonna be generous because I do believe the world. You've got Kenny Ortega, who's phenomenal's genius and a literal genius. You've got the dance numbers, especially the big ones, that are being perfectly choreographed. So I think I'm being generous and saying I'm gonna give this a hard six point five, a soft seven, and I think I'm being very generous for uh Will Brina Frien's And that's my that's my that's my rating.
Speaker 1: How about you, what do you got?
Speaker 3: I'm right there with you. And again it's like giving a nod to the fact that this the first two were just so incredible, but again, I think it's hard to keep them in the same place. This is now the third movie of the same worlds that we've already seen, so it's just they're they're going up against a high bar. I'm agreeing with you on the actors, the vocal artists, the dancers, like they're all wonderful. Yeah, it just was kind of like, and again I think not to give anything away because I honestly haven't seen any of them, but I feel like as we move into four and five. I think the fifth one that's about to come out soon is like Alice in wonderlandy, so like we're gonna get more of like lands kind of what we get with zombies, where remember like even with zombies, it felt like it was the same conflict, right, And I think that's probably what they felt looking back at the third one, So they're venturing out. That makes it hard. The third one makes it hard. I know how much pressure we were on with Cheetah Girls for the third movie to be really good, you know what I mean, Like it's a lot. But just as you said, the franchise itself, the creativity of this is so awesome that I can't give it a bad one because it wasn't bad. It just wasn't like mind blowing. I remember watching the first one going wholely crap like, oh my gosh, this is so good. That didn't happen with this third one. But I still give it a seven. Will Brina Fryan's Okay, yeah, but a hard seven. I'm not I'm not okay, I'm not I'm push I'm good. Seven is solid seven, will Brina will Brina fryans.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you everybody for joining us on this ride. That was really I'm curious to see what the next two are like if we're just resetting, like I don't know if any of the cast is in the next so well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so I didn't, and I'm curious to know because there is a evy looking character, So I don't know if it was like replacing, which I don't know how you can literally do that. That seems crazy if it's a replacement, or if she's like a sister or a family member or something. But they're definitely I mean, they cast someone who looks so much like her and she's where she's read.
Speaker 2: That's what I know about the wait we will find out. Our next movie, guys, feels like a weird one. Uh weird why either of us know anything about it? It is the nineteen ninety nine story about a farmer name I'm not making any of this up, Harvey Potter, and he's magically growing balloons. Ladies and gentlemen, drop your acid now now. It's starring Rip Torn Marrow Wilson and Lori Metcalf and it's called Balloon Farm. You can get a head start by checking it out for free on the youtubes.
Speaker 1: This one is not on Disney Plus. It is on the youtubes, and as always, we have a ton of interviews in recaps waiting for you. Just search Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe to our dedicated feed And as a reward, you're never gonna miss another one of our episodes, and everybody sends Sabrina a snake. Thank you everybody, and we will see you next time. Bye.