Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Eyl University it's the biggest online platform for education, but it's much much more. It's actually a community. Our private Facebook group has over eight thousand members and twenty infinity groups to students teach themselves just as much as the professors do. We have weekly webinars. We have over one hundred past webinars. You get access to MG the Mortgage Guys real Estate Blueprint. You get access to monthly financial planning calls with yours Truly. You get access to our monthly group chat investment calls, and much much more. So go to eyl university dot com right now and take advantage of our limited offer blowout sale sixty five percent off of the annual membership eyouniversity dot com right now and become an earner.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being force backdrop b Drop, Mike, drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 2: So today we're going to talk about content. So John, I'll let you. I'll let you take.
Speaker 4: It, Yes sir, Yes, sir? What up? YouTube? YouTube, Instagram? All you guys. I appreciate you all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, we're gonna get into it. I mean, content is special, man, changed your guys lives changed my life as well, bro meaningfully. And I remember, h I don't know, did you guys ever feel funny getting into this ship? Like now?
Speaker 6: You know you know what I always say.
Speaker 2: I didn't really felt funny, but I felt it took me years to start pointing out content, and I wish I would have started sooner, and there was really no reason why I didn't why.
Speaker 6: It took me so long.
Speaker 2: It was just you know, self doubt, just you know, not thinking something was really gonna work out, and you know, who's really going to be successful online? Like, you know, just a regular person, just a regular person. I have five hundred followers, so I ain't. I didn't think that we would have, you know, where we are now, I'm thinking, you know, who's gonna care about? Who's gonna who's gonna care about what somebody that has five hundred followers has to say? How that you know they're gonna look at me like I'm a I'm not an expert? Who am I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean we consume content at a very high level, even when before we were making it, and I think from the other end of the spectrum, it was like, you know what content creation is?
Speaker 8: Great? Am I grad at it? Probably I'm not the greatest, But let me find.
Speaker 7: Another aspect of how to amplify significance by finding content. And so that's a that's a whole other avenue and that's why it kind of works for our dynamic for sure.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Yeah, man, I mean I can remember getting well, I'm going live on Instagram, live on e y YouTube. I can remember man getting into uh, I can remember getting into creating content and feeling I felt a little, I would say, a little hesitant to be that guy because at the time, I mean it still feels it felt more so like this earlier, but it felt real self promotery. And I felt like there's a lot of people that their perception of what people will think about them stops them from producing content. But they know though that it's the way to cross over to really grow your brain, grow your business. I felt that same way. I knew at the end of the day, I was going to have two realities that I was going to look at. One was, yo, I'm going to do this shit anyway and take whatever comes with it. And the other would be, you know, die a slow death and obscurity and anyone, for anyone listening, obscurity is your greatest enemy when you're when when you're running your busines, this when you're growing your brand, and people spend a lot of money combating obscurity. There's a lot of people right now listening that would love to buy your shit.
Speaker 8: Believe it or not.
Speaker 4: And I know that that can feel hard to believe sometimes when you're just getting off the ground, but people want to buy your shit, they just don't know about it. So then, and I remember, before I got into content, I tried everything, man. I tried direct mailers, you know, I went to the postal office and sent flyers out. I was, you know, going to the you know, community council meetings and pitching people and hustling. And I think all of those things work to a degree, but I've never found anything that worked quite like content. It's scalable. I mean, we touched on this last time on the Power Brand episode, but I mean I was in Bermuda and someone knew about you guys. Yeah, you know, like it's it's it's insane, man. I mean, you guys are probably on seven continents at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every continent except for Antarctica.
Speaker 7: That might be maybe they just don't they don't they don't know to casting the listens over there. But I'm sure we are now.
Speaker 2: We got we got love from every angle, every side of the world. So that's why this conversation is so important. As far as content, it really can change your life. It definitely changed all of our lives. And it's continuing to change our lives. And it's just it's just it's information that we put out the way we deliver. It's not nothing that we paid.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 2: We didn't pay anybody to do our content, our own content learned. I didn't go to school to make content. I didn't go to school to learn how to market. Learn on a fly, and we are where we are now. So if I can do it, then anybody can do it. So yeah, I'm excited to have this conversation and let let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it, man. I gotta so from based on last week, I had a number of you guys reach out and just eat up the slides and the information. I think people are gonna be rocking with these for a long time. So I'm gonna go through we as always have some heat prepared for you. All. These are frameworks and visuals that I personally have just been executing against and living through and just bringing depth to these. It's one thing to just see the image and say all right, cool, but legit everything that I'm about to share these are that we put into practice every day, and I've been doing it since maybe since twenty fourteen or so. So with that, let me kick off a little screen share and walk you guys through it. So it's monn concentration. Now some of the key takeaways. YO, listen to this all right. No one ever fell in love with an artist off a single. It just has never happened. If you think about your favorite artists, you might have gotten a single that got you into the music, but you curated the love off the album. And I guarantee you you wouldn't have found the artist in the first place if it wasn't for the single. So in a lot of ways, I feel like music, which we talked we touched on last episode. Music is a great blueprint for brand, but it's also a great blueprint for content. They've been had this model figured out. They'll lead with singles and then they'll get their core fan base to stick around for the album. And the album's not The album Counts is not going to be for everybody. I know a lot of you guys. You know you've heard I Made You Look, but you haven't heard the Cross. You haven't heard a lot of the album because it's just for the nasheads.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I know Shotty is a big NAS fan, but I think I could go. I think I could go bar for bar with anyone on any album. So it's content content content, and then content gives people a chance to develop an opinion about you man. Like to me, I liken it to imagine if Jesus Christ didn't share his gospel. Ooh right, like religious or not?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ was a dude, right, I'm going to put some respect on his name. Right, special for some, regular for others, But was a to me, a spectatic, a fascinating character in history. This man before social media, before anything. He got the gospel out. He was knocking on doors, shaking hands at the community centers like that boy had a message and he needed to get it out. And a lot of you guys are working on your brands and working on your business and you were afraid to get the gospel out. Now, some of you guys want to get the gospel out and need the tools, and we have some of that too. But for those of you guys that are on the ledge and have not begun producing content for whatever reason, it's the same thing as if you know, Jesus would have had the gospel just just tucked tight. Who wouldn't have shared shit?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Uh, it just was it falls on deaf ears. And then just to bring that to a modern context, man, if you're not sharing your brand and your business's message, you will die a slow death. And and it's just a tremendous, tremendous tax to pay the tax of obscurity. So it gives people a chance to develop an opinion about you. It's like going it's like going to a party and pretty much not saying shit. If you go to a party, you don't say anything. People will maybe interpret things about you based on who you are, like how you dress and how you roll and how you look. But I don't know about you all, but I'd rather remove all doubt and go straight up to someone saying, hey, what's going on. Listen, my name is John Henry. Here's what I'm doing. But then like you hate you, that's not up to you. But your job is to make sure that everyone at least was aware of what it was that you was doing. Then it's open to interpretation. But a lot of people in the startup laying hit me up and say yo, I'm trying to hit these fucking pr agencies like bro pr agencies. People are paying five to ten k a month on retainer, getting one over on the startup founders, tapping into a little budget that they have and then they say, yo, it takes six months to work. Before you know, you spend thirty g's. They walk away with a bale. You walk away with a fucking article on inc That that people pay for, by the way, and they told your story in their way. You want to tell your story in your way. So now we're going to dive into some content strategy frameworks. It's the three HS fellas, It's hero, hub and hygiene. Hero is emotionally resonant shit that makes you look like a fucking hero pretty much. I got this video. It's this four pag It's this four minute video on my homepage. And that shit is a tear jerker. You watch that shit for the first time, you will shed a single tear at least, right. It talks about my journeys, my struggles with this and my that. That's that hero piece of content. And that was what in the nineteen fifties that the advertisement model rested very heavily on your story, beginning and ending in a single piece of content. Those So that's the Hero video. There's room for that. However, the biggest shift that has happened in modern media, without a shadow of a doubt, is that now you don't have to start and finish your story in any single piece. You tell your story in micro moments over a prolonged period of time. And so those short form pieces is what we call hygiene, short snackable little bits. I see you guys been getting into the TikTok game, right You notice I noticed the granddaddy of all content production, right for my practitioners out there that are listening, and that they say, Yo, you know, it's just I'm running my business is a little too hard to produce content at the same time, then you must focus on hub key to make all content at scale, which is a continuous episodic form from which you can pull hygienes and clips for Hero And it's a lot like what you guys have done. Your your main flagship show, earned your leisure episode one whatever it is now forty nine to fifty one, fifty two to fifty seven, sixty eight, eventually two thirty nine, eventually six sixty five, run it up and from there you pull all the micros out. But this is the way that I would organize it, and this is the way that we do organize it. And this I actually learned from my good bro Andy Kranak, who's going to be joining us in about five seven minutes. Andy Kraneak taught me this shit. Andy Kranak in twenty fourteen when I was running my incubator and I hit up him and d Rock and all of Team gv's like always right hand in. I was like, yo, can you guys pull up to my incubator in Harlem and just like run a content strategy session. They pulled up and they taught me this framework and I have been using it from that day to current. It has changed my life completely. Shout out to the good brother Gary Vee. But this is the way I think about it, all right. So hero Hub and Hygiene is the format. But I think what Team GV, what they did that made them very successful was that they reorganized it and they put hub at the top Hub and then macro content comes from there and then short form comes from the bottom. So what do I mean if you focus all of your energy on producing hub content, I e earn your Leasure episode one, mark and Monday's one two three. If you over index on one time a week, right, rather than having to think of something from scratch every time, you over index on one time a week, going all in on your hub, and then from there you're able to repurpose that hub into law form, into written content, and into a ton of snackable content that you can then dissemine it across various social channels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I want to say something real quick because that's actually something.
Speaker 6: That's what that's what I actually did.
Speaker 2: So if anybody doesn't know the story by now, I'll tell it very briefly. Earn Alesia started two years ago, where two years before Earn Your Leisure started, I started my own personal campaign to grow my Instagram following I went from five hundred followers to thirty thousand. By the time we started earning Lesia, I had thirty thousand followers. So that's one of the reasons why Earn Your Lesia got off to such a good start is because we didn't just start at zero. We started with me having thirty thousand, and it was a snowball effect. But how I got to thirty thousand was I was going on anybody's show, because you know, I was never good at like just putting a camera in front of my face and is talking. I just felt very uncomfortable and felt it wasn't natural. So I would go on anybody that would have me on their show, public access shows, local radio shows, internet radio shows. It didn't really it didn't really matter the audience. I didn't really care if there was one or or a million people listening. Definitely wasn't a million people listening. But I was just going on those shows. I would have my cell phone and I would put the cell phone on a prompt and I would just take myself like for sixty minutes or fifty minutes of it, and then I would go back and chop up clips from those from those interviews or those conversations, and then I would put those clips on Instagram. And it's crazy because I still repurpose those clips today on TikTok and every now and then, I've repurposed that. So I've got so much traction out of those I probably it was like let's say twenty interviews, but out of those twenty interviews, you got thousands and thousands of miles of traction on social media, and that was really the blueprint that actually built the house of Earn Leisure. So it's interesting that you say that because that was the exact strategy that I used before. Because the people might say, well, I don't have a platform to get onto, I don't have a podcast d D.
Speaker 6: Like I said, it's not eve really about the platform. It's just for me.
Speaker 2: It was just about being comfortable speaking and I felt more comfortable speaking in a conversation. And I just went on, like I said, anybody that would have me, I would go on that. If nobody would have had me, I would have just told Troy just talk to me, and I would have just put my phone, just act like I was in an interview. Nobody would know the difference anyway, Okay, I will.
Speaker 4: I love that yo. And it ties back to in my view, your guys tagline assets over liabilities. You know, people view real estate as assets and all these tangible things, but in my view, man, content are digital assets. You got. Like I was just on your page and I seen that the Wall Street trapper videos up to almost a million views. That's a fucking asset. That is a moment in time that you know, magic was made and it has long tail compound benefits and you never know which piece it is it's gonna pop. The other day, my executive producer, a lot of people watching know that I used to host a TV show on Vice Yo. I didn't know this, but my show is only now just debuting in New Zealand. This show came out two years ago, and when they launch, they do the same bells and whistles, billboards this and that, and they drop it, you know, programmatically, like week after week, and we are the top show and we're the second second top show in New Zealand right now, whole New country. I'm getting spikes of followers from Kiwis out there, and it just goes to show you it's a lot like investing and compound interest. Some compound views work much the same way. If you create content over time, those same pieces of content mature, Google algorithm picks them up, ranks them, the rest traffick your way, and you only develop more and more efficiencies. Now, for those curious about who it is that we have on our team. At Team JH, we're up to a team of twelve. At at Team GV, they're up to a team of thirty five or some crazy shit. I'll let Andy speak to it, but effectively videot so and by the way, people can go and produce off a fucking iPhone like Rasha was saying. But videographer. It could also be you an annotator, someone to time stamp all the videos. And I'll have a flowchart to describe how this works. The key is an editor. Once you once you build up an archive of footage, you're gonna be bottlenecked if you if you leave it to yourself to go through all the footage, edit it, capsh on, caption and headline it. So the key hire for us. The first one that I made was was actually was was an editor. And then then we have designers and illustrators. And here's the way it works. You shoot your hub, you upload that shit to a drive, you watch it, and you timestad. This is how we do it. This is our exact process that we do over and over and over. Will shoot a hub, will upload that shit, will say yo, it's uploaded. Someone will watch it. Used to be me, I used to do every single one of these steps. Now have a team. Someone will watch it in timestamp it and say okay yo, back at this moment from two thirty four to three thirty eight, Troy said some fire shit about X timestamped and then we just go through and we timestamped the entire video right now, get by the way, it took me six years to get to this point in my knowledge. So for any I hope that someone will take this and really make this their own. This is golden, This is golden.
Speaker 8: This is golden.
Speaker 4: So now now once you that shit is annotated, upload it the full long form. Don't edit that shit down. Upload the full long form up to YouTube or whatever you want to use to house the long form, and let that live as the macro asset. Then from there your editor can pull out clips. Again, it used to be me. It probably also is Slash used to be you, guys, you pull it's.
Speaker 2: Still everything you're saying is on process. Well, I'll let you finish.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you finish now. So you pull out the micros right, and when you pull out a micro clip, like, yo, this was a fire moment. This was a fire moment. This fire moment. Then you do this next step. You guys happened to have a gift at this next step, and I have developed a secret thesis that I believe a big part of your guys' success has been your guys ability to actually craft headlines.
Speaker 2: Major key, Yo, leap on the fucking headlines, major key.
Speaker 8: Can we can we go through this process to how we do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, finish then ultimately all right, then ultimately you distribute the pieces and then the last the last pieces. To me, almost just as important, you listen. You listen to the audience what they found was gems, what they thought was trash, and then you just kind of reiterate, so yeah, get into a fellas was.
Speaker 8: Wait lead, leave the chart up, leave the chart up?
Speaker 7: And then yeah, So I mean this is crazy because when you say a team and people always ask like, how do we do it?
Speaker 6: How do we do it?
Speaker 8: You want to break We can go through.
Speaker 2: This, go through this whole process that we gotta bring our guests on. So when we do a podcast, we do the podcast and we have obviously the audio individuals. So the audio gets uploaded Mike in Atlanta, that's our third partner. He he does all the technical, behind the scenes stuff, so he'll he'll upload the audio and.
Speaker 7: We first we got to shoot it. So I'll go from the start so we shoot it right, so that that's a process too, and again that that's all us right. We we we set up the shots, obviously everybody knows that we're doing it from from the same location. Then we got to upload it. That process takes a while because we shooting from three different cameras. The size of these files are really large, and so we have to upload it. That takes about three hours. Then from that point, now shot, he has to hit get the audio and Mike gets the visual.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, yeah, so they send me the audio. They send me the audio, and then I listened to the audio and I edit it. I tell them like, all right, take this out.
Speaker 6: You know what to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you really don't do too much editing. But I'm really listening to it to get Instagram clips. So I write down, like as I'm listening to it, I know like, all right, this is this is something that's going to be a dope clip.
Speaker 6: So I got just a yellow pad and I'll write down like fifteen oh one.
Speaker 2: He talks about how he leveraged a million dollars from the bank to go buy a mansion and something like that. I write, I write down, so I write down like ten different like points of like good clips even real stuff like that. And then after I tell them, all right, these are the edit points. I don't tell them the clip points. I just tell them edit points, and then they do what they do as far as chop it up. Troy puts it on the audio, Mike handles the video, it goes on YouTube, and then from YouTube, I watch it before it comes out, and I'll tell our editor, Rich, who's Mike's brother. I'll tell him like, this is the clip that I want fifteen oh one to sixteen oh one whatever, like you know, I mean, I tell him like sometimes I got to like cut some parts out, like cut thirty seconds out here. Just give me this clip. He sends it to me. And then the headline is extremely important. Is not like I said, I didn't go to school for that, but I still I do all the headlines. So it's just something that I always think of, like what would make me want to watch a video.
Speaker 6: So it's like, all right, how.
Speaker 2: To make a thousand dollars and ten days with a cookie cutter? Preas you know what I'm saying, something that's just like so outrageous that damn like this is interesting. And then I actually send it to Bam, who's Mike's other brother. I send it to him just to like clean up the English on it, or like if he needs to add a word or something. And then I use an app called Vaant and I go in. Vont's like five dollars and I just put the app. I put the the texts in, and then there's another app called Resizer, which resizes it for IGTV because IGTV travels more than just regular sixty second videos.
Speaker 6: That's our process.
Speaker 7: Hey, listen, that's a billion dollars worth of game to watch. This process is amazing. Like you sometimes you'll just listen to this thing out loud. I'm like, oh, can you put your headphones on?
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: But he's always got his yellow pad. If you ever seen if you ever seen an episode, you seen a yellow pad. That's what he's doing. It's pretty impressive to watch. That's it. That's the game right there, And that's like a five man team of people that's just putting this content out there.
Speaker 4: It is people, I mean, straight from a media company, and I myself pretty much a media machine. Now, this right here is something that I'm passionate about as well. A lot of people think that when you create content that you talk about what you do. Now this this shit is counterintuitive right here, But no one gives a fuck about what you do or what you sell facts. They care about what they do with what you sell, right. So there's a big difference there, Right. People don't care about insurance, for example, in loops case, they care about using insurance to go do the things that they gotta do, need to do, want to do, love to do. People don't care about even really financial literacy content for the sake of financial literacy. They care about it so that they can go make their moves. Right Exactly, if you sell boots, people don't care about the boots. They care about hiking, right, And so there this is the common This is the rookie mistake. We all make it. I've made it myself. But when you launch your efforts, you have a tendency to over an index on and it's very you put yourself at the center, like, yo, this is my brand. You should care about what I'm doing and what I'm selling. But in reality, there's always a sweet spot between what your audience cares about and what you sell. And if you can create content in the middle. There. Your people are going to discover your brand because of your content. Right, take a look at what we're doing here, by the way, case in point, we're not talking about insurance at all. Right, we are creating content that I've learned my my audience finds valuable producing content. And I'm hoping that if I provide a little bit of value speaking about things that are unrelated to my product, but it is at the intersection of what my product is and what my audience cares about, they will then say it's a gateway drug to then say, oh shit, this is pretty dope. So this is a you know this, there's a lot of deafinit slide, folks, I would I would lock in on that. Shouldn't study it. And then lastly, how do you pick your hubs? If the hubs are the most important thing. We start with the brand's vision, the mission, the purpose I talked. We talked about this in the last livee. You don't have the last slide the last PDF from episode one. Loopen shirre dot co slash ey l loopen shirt dot co slash euyl link it up joints, gents. So from from your purpose, you guys can create these values and then the what we do is we we develop a hub for every value. And there's a lot of deaf in that as well. But I want to hear from my boy, Andy Kranak. You guys got the goods. You guys got the fucking master. She If I would have started with this ship on day one, man, I don't even know where I would be, but I'll tell you what. I am super thankful than my boy ak Andy Craney. It's in the building.
Speaker 8: What's going on, man.
Speaker 9: You guys are really talking game. Man, this is cool. It's cool to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: We're getting into it now. Just for some context that I touched on this earlier, but ak, Alice de Simone and d Rock came up to Harlem with me. We kicked it on a content strategy session and at that point I knew you were ahead of the curt you're thinking was real fresh. I remember you was just dropping shit like yo, we're on fucking Pinterest like you were just like on platforms and channels and spaces that I thought were really unique. And over the years, as time is going by for folks that don't follow a kran A make sure you tap in at Kranac on Instagram. I mean, you guys have continued leading the way. You guys have continued just charting white space and platforms ahead of anyone else. For those that don't know, by the way, by the way, quick shout out to ak Andy Kranagg actually, as far as we know, created that little fucking progress bar. Do you guys remember when videos used to have a little bar that would go. That was an idea that came from ak and then they deployed it on Gary V's page and now it became a thing. It's less popular these days, but a big welcome.
Speaker 9: To I didn't even really see.
Speaker 10: That's I appreciate all the love, John, that's facts. I love the progress bar. I try to give myself credit for the progress bar. But honestly, like we started putting video on Facebook, Like we put one video on Facebook and the reach was crazy right when Facebook video came out and then you read the fact like, oh wait, like n of users on Facebook consume video without sound. So I'm like, yo, do rock, I think we should probably caption our videos like people are just gonna to watch our videos, but they're not actually listening Gary's all he's doing is talking, why don't we put captions on it?
Speaker 9: And then we did an ab test on paid media.
Speaker 10: What happens if you show a paid ad with captions versus with no captions And the results were staggering. It's like, Okay, we're capturing every video now, and this is twenty thirteen, fourteen, and it's crazy now to see It's like you everyone like it's the video editor's nightmare.
Speaker 9: But you got to capture your videos if you're publishing online.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's yo. So so, how how has in your view, like content strategy and all this shit, how has that it evolved from like when you and I first were chopping twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, all the way up to like twenty twenty one, like give us the the your downloads, like would have been the big shifts.
Speaker 9: It's it's it's funny, like I think.
Speaker 10: The things that you'll learn on any platform will apply itself to any other platform. Right, there's like tried and true religion of how to think about creating emotional content for audiences and like button suppress, and I think those things will always remain true. But yeah, the platforms are really evolved like live and vertical video. I've been thinking a lot about vertical video.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you.
Speaker 10: Guys are on YouTube shorts, but if you're not on YouTube shorts, I would highly recommend it. YouTube is really prioritizing that it's a vertical video. Like the increase and shift from desktop to mobile on YouTube is really big of the last couple of years, and a lot of people.
Speaker 9: Are just concerning consuming video content vertically.
Speaker 10: So I think, like vertical video, thinking about editing, editing for vertical video, and then just the evolution of content editing, and then they need to just be able to shoot on your phone and edit on your phone and edit in some app on your phone, versus.
Speaker 9: Like I got to have the high quality camera and I got to have a suite. I think every day that becomes less true.
Speaker 10: It just comes down to like the raw creativity of whoever that creator is.
Speaker 4: Yo, what's the top shiit that you learned over your years executing? Of course you have, like you have a great subject to work off of with Gary Veees just spitting heat all the fucking time. Yeah, what have been kind of the things that you've observed that like, these are the tried and true things that just like fucking work when it comes to content that people could maybe apply it to their own game.
Speaker 9: Trying to think of a couple one.
Speaker 10: Small hinges open up big doors, meaning like a time like that progress bar or those captions could literally drive the performance of a video if it didn't have it, Like you post a video with it and without it, you'll see very different results. Like Instagram. The Instagram thumbnail on a video can drive very different results. You know, it's like really fine tuning those small things in order to like drive results. But it's it's challenging, right because you don't want to overthink it, Like you got to keep putting it out, keep putting out, keep it out, and hopefully you get the learning to know, like, oh shit, I need to put this thing on the thumbnail because that's what's actually working.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 10: But just like small small variances in creative can really impact things like copy. Copy continues to be one of the most underrated things. Like if you've ever run Facebook ads, if you've ever tried to create creative for Facebook ads, I think the game is one and moss within the post captions, Like I've seen crazy results on like conversion like buying a T shirt or a hoodie, strictly predicate on what that sense is on the image, like the image.
Speaker 2: Rather what what would what would be a good caption in that to make people convert about that hoodie as opposed to something that's not going to make them convert.
Speaker 10: Who the hell knows, Like there's there's ten different versions of it right, Like I think it could be a last last one.
Speaker 9: To purchase wins.
Speaker 10: I don't know, like something that's going to draw, draw, insight and intrigue. One of my favorite stories is UH, and to exemplify how big of a difference can be is like early early UH. Right when Facebook ads came out, I was running ads for Gary's to see keynote.
Speaker 9: It's one of my favorite keynotes. He's given a keynote to.
Speaker 10: NBA students and his opening line, he's like, well, let's just start with I don't think you can teach on entrepreneurship. So this is awkward and it's just like super super raw and rugged. He's like, yo', let's spend.
Speaker 9: Money on it. And I want to promote it. I want to own to get in front of people. So I did that.
Speaker 10: When the results weren't great. We were targeting college students interested in business. I had d rock and the video editing team like cut it up thirteen different ways. They were sick of me saying like, no, start it with this, or like cut this part out. The results were the same, and then eventually I'm like, all right, said le's see what Gary thinks. I showed up to Gary and he asked me what the post copy is and I showed him. He's like, all right, try this and he changed it to wanna like he was broken English want to win in business. Dot dot Dot watched the first thirteen seconds of this and tried not watching the rest. Yeah, we went from spending two dollars for someone to watch fifteen seconds to five sense to watch all twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Came Wow, oh just from.
Speaker 10: Like the Facebook top post caption. It's because like that's what they were leading with. They saw it and it hooked them, you know, in like the comments. Like I watched the first thirteen seconds and I stopped fuck you, like but it worked, you know, and that was like a big lesson to me. I'm like, oh shit, like there's little things that can really impact it.
Speaker 7: Andy, I'm wondering when you were starting this obviously when you said when Facebook video came, was there a content like schedule or distribution schedule or you guys would just like, I'm gonna film on a film and we'll put out as many videos as we can, because a lot of people get mixed up in that like how many should I be putting out?
Speaker 8: How many videos? How many pieces of content should I be putting out?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a good.
Speaker 10: Do your best like to the latter point of like, instead of thinking about how much and what your schedule is, just like keep posting until you don't have any bullets left in The fifth type is the mentality you know. But I always like as a manager of a team, I'm always trying to set expectations and keep shit organized. But like working for Gary, it's just like we're just going as hard as we can, as fast as we can, and trying to keep them up. So like we have a cadence, so like yo, we got to hit this platform x amount of times, and it's always prioritized against like yo, we got to be on TikTok, we got to be on ig Like those are the two main pillars of the platforms. That we got to be rocking with, and then if we can get to Pinterest, if we can get to Snap, if we can get to YouTube, if we can get to Twitter.
Speaker 9: But like it's it's deciding.
Speaker 10: Which one is the most important to you that you have to hit a certain cadence from and then try and try and shoot everywhere else you can.
Speaker 4: Akay on that note, So twenty twenty one, obviously there's some new juggernauts that wouldn't even have been mentioned a couple of years ago. So what's your sense on the top platforms for organic reach right now? And then I also want to know, you know this whole debate about Instagram declining, Like I still think that there's a lot of mileage there because the paid infrastructure is so sophisticated. So even though the or rank as declined, do you still think it's worth playing in on?
Speaker 10: I think, like I think we're still undervalue how important Instagram is as a replacement for the website. Like I was talking to VC firm earlier today and they're like, yeah, we need to get our Instagram better going with that many followers and like it's just not going to play out. They don't go when I'm pitching the company or I'm doing anything. It doesn't matter who they are, even if they're a five year old dude. They're opening their phone and.
Speaker 9: Going to Instagram.
Speaker 10: So like Instagram reach is down, you know, but like I think you really need to prioritize it just from like a hygiene perspective of like what happens when someone goes on Instagram and looks at your profile. That's going to be their first impression of your brand. Regardless, I think honestly, like TikTok is still probably number one for organic reach, but probably honestly, I would say YouTube shorts. Like just over the last four weeks five weeks, the things that I've seen on YouTube shorts is crazy, Like I've I've heard of YouTube channels going from zero to fifty k subscribers in a week off of like three videos, and like this is like I loved. Honestly, I was really impressed with everything that you guys were laying out before in those slides and the three ages.
Speaker 9: I thought that was really good. But like you can rip, like do.
Speaker 10: Stitch together some of your best tiktoks and put it on YouTube shorts and it could hit especially if you have the right thumb, nail, and title.
Speaker 2: So YouTube shorts, can you just explain what that is. It's like TikTok, it's.
Speaker 10: A vertical video, uh sixty seconds or less, and then YouTube is going to categorize that as a short, and it's a new And as does any other platform, when they release a new product or format, they push it. They want people to use it, they want people to see it, so they give it prioritization in the feed.
Speaker 7: So in terms of content tites, we're putting YouTube shorts, TikTok, and Instagram as far as organic reach.
Speaker 8: In that order.
Speaker 10: Yeah, today today, yeah right, you know, as of April fifteenth.
Speaker 9: Let's talk tomorrow, you.
Speaker 4: Know. And and I'm going to put a bit in there for LinkedIn as well. I've been so surprised, man Ak. You remember the early days or all of us watching the early days of Facebook. I remember, if you so much as liked someone's post, then everyone that you're fucking connected to was gonna see it just because you liked it. And I'm scrolling down the LinkedIn feeds seeing posts are being served to me only because someone that I'm connected to commented, liked, and those to me are the telltale signs of just like just dished out organic distribution. So a shout out to LinkedIn there clubhouse I like as well as like a listening tool.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say clubhouse, Like you don't necessarily think about clubhouse as organic reach, but it is there, and like, I honestly think, like, if you've got game to spit and you can host an audience, clubhouse is probably the best way to grow your Instagram.
Speaker 4: Following, right because I love it because there's no text, right, so they see you spit some shit, and then they tap on your bio and then they flow through this.
Speaker 10: Anytime I'm in the clubhouse, for my following grows like if you and I'm not even really ta just hanging out in the room, but people see that, like people follow me like oh who's this?
Speaker 4: Oh yo. So so now let's take a step back and just like you know, you're in the world of media, but it's also media at the intersection of business, and you guys obviously have taken just a real big position on media comma, whatever type of business you are, and you guys have the distinct, I think, effectively opportunity to have a lot of people at your disposal running a team, So I want to get into a couple of things there with respects to like running team process, Like we think about all this shit all the time. I know a lot of people listening may not be in the position to run a team, but like, if you are going a team, who are you bringing on first? And how are you managing them? Like I would literally want, like are you on fucking G drive? Are using airtable?
Speaker 8: Like erness? What's up?
Speaker 7: You have a walk into a small business and everything just works, Like the checkout is fast, the receipts a digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 8: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the.
Speaker 7: Safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates?
Speaker 4: Fast?
Speaker 1: Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With the Indeed sponsor jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 4: What are the ways that you go go about managing the team?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, like there's tons of tools you can have for uh, we use it personally. We use ASNA for like content ticketing, which is like a great way to just upload content and decide if it needs feedback, if it's ready to post. I mean, honestly, I just love Google products. I live my life in Google sheets.
Speaker 9: And Google Docs. It's simple, it's easy, it's free Google Drive, you can upload everything you want.
Speaker 10: In terms of like team, I really think it's it's the two headed ninja of like someone like myself or someone who has strategy and can give creative feedback, and then someone who can really execute the creative in a way that I can. If you can have those two people, you can basically accomplish any content need you need.
Speaker 9: For any platform.
Speaker 7: When when you're studying the content that you created, what type of analytics are you are you valuing the most?
Speaker 8: Is it the time watched? Is it impressions?
Speaker 9: I try to per platform? Like the macro one is how many unique people am I reaching?
Speaker 10: Which for most platforms I don't offer that Facebook really does and that's what they built their like entire marketing engine off of, which is like unique people reach, We talk to actually humans, and you can target at twenty two year old who lives in Chicago these birthdays tomorrow, Like Google or check Out, they don't have any sort of targeting targeting capabilities. But like the macro is like how many people are you really reaching? And then under that for each platform, what levers impact that number? So like shares of course, Like if you're just getting share, that's going to be a huge multiplier for how many people you're reaching. Comments, I think I call it high valued engagements, comments, shares, likes, those are really.
Speaker 9: Going to be the things that drive your overall reach.
Speaker 10: But it starts with reach, and then per platform, it depends on which platform it is that you can try to dive into deeper and just focus on like YouTube, for example, obsess over your click through rate, how many people are clicking in my video? And what can I learn about what drives more click throughs or less? And then if you focus on that inherently, the reach is going to grow.
Speaker 4: So how often are you guys like effectively discussing this shit? Like I mean probably all day on text and slack, But like, are you guys meeting formally like once a week to discuss all this shit? And when you do, do you guys have like someone that went ahead and like took the snapshots and was like, Yo, this peace performed like this, Like is it that technical or is it more just like yo, I think this one did well.
Speaker 10: It is I mean like eight years now that I've been operating this team, and like I think The biggest shift for me was letting go of the rains. Like I felt like I always needed to be the guru and the guy who like if anyone asked anything about any platform anytime, I got the answers, you know.
Speaker 9: And then all of a sudden I realized I was.
Speaker 10: Coming down only at the cost at my time, but like at my team's growth and like opportunity, and like I don't need to be that. And now, like our team is staffed against we have what we call platform strategy producer for every platform. Like if someone asked me about YouTube, I'm not saying like Okay, I know, I'm like, Yo, you gotta.
Speaker 9: Go talk to Jake. Jake's got the answers. So it's it's really creating ownership with that.
Speaker 10: And yeah, then we have a weekly cadence of like talking with that individual like Yo, what are you saying on the platform?
Speaker 9: And then I can ask the question of like okay, what about this? Have you thought about that?
Speaker 10: And then uh, they're the real experts and I'm just trying to understand and get and learn from them. And then when we're talking to clients or we're talking to g or whatever the case is, it's a combined effort of the individual expertise on that platform and then collectively what we're all learning.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, go ahead with sion.
Speaker 2: Is Gary ve involved? What is his involvement in content creation? Obviously he's not creating the content.
Speaker 6: Is involved.
Speaker 10: I mean he's he's he's heavily involved. Like anything that he posts on his Instagram or Twitter is him. So we have a text thread it's really what's happened, where we send him options of content that we've edited or images of content that we've created. He decided which ones he likes, he rest the copy for he posted Twitter. We don't have a really touch like sometimes we need to do, like hey Gary, let's promote this podcast. We'll send them a link. He decided how he wants to promote it. I think I'm always surprised, and I always push him to like go a little even more behind the scenes, but like he's really involved in deciding what gets pushed. Occasionally he'll be like, yo, I don't like that color red, change it to blue. Stuff like that not that much, and I'm grateful for that, Like, because we generally it's all systems go, everything's approved. I suffocate when I'm working with clients and they're like, can you change the color of that? I'm like, it looks good, let's go into the next. But he's involved, you know. And the real I think the real riffing off of what you guys were talking about before I joined, the real question for anyone is what is actually going to put you in a position to create the most content? You know, Like everyone idolizing puts like, oh, I'm gonna start a podcast or I'm gonna do.
Speaker 9: This, but like, no bullshit, Like what are you at.
Speaker 10: What's actually going to get you to a place where you can post four times a day whatever that is. That's the real answer of what you need to be doing. And for Gary, just so happens like all right, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 9: Have someone who follows me around and then we post produced it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, if you were starting a business, or or for the people in your guys ecosystem that come in because they're spying entrepreneurs and new founders, or and you guys are constantly dishing out vice thoughts or just weighing this idea of like media as it relates to business. I mean, if you were starting a new brand, today, Like, what would you do to blow that shit up?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Put an a Goulli amount of content online on the platforms that matter, and I would try to learn. I would not pigeonhole myself into this is the right brand messaging and this is what our brand guidelines are and this is what we should doing. I would try to come up with a baseline test of this could be our brand guidelines, This could be your brand guideline, This could be our main focal point. Try and get signals back on what actually is and then double down on it. Yeah, and try to prioritize and ask myself just as I would for a personal brand, Like in one scenario, whether I'm insurance company or home depot, what stories could I tell every day that would bring value? Whether that's it's because it's funny or because it's interesting. Because now I know how to build a door, Like what can you really do at a high volume of content to become a media company?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 9: I love the example of.
Speaker 10: Michelin Star or Yeah, Michelin their tire company and in order to get people to drive more, they created a restaurant review book, which because they wanted to encourage people to get outside of the city, like, Okay, let's go do let's go review this restaurant in Pennsylvania so people will get out of New York City. It ended up becoming like Michelin Star rating, which we all know. But it's like an interesting exercise of like, how can you extrapolate what you're about and start storytelling in a different format?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 4: How should people approach you? By the way, we are getting straight fucking heat from Andy krain At right now, and it's like, no, I would people don't even really understand what's going on. We have earned your leisure the number one fucking business platform in the world right now, Andy Kranagg who's heading up the most successful, in my opinion, most successful mount of content strategy in history, and myself a young gun somewhere in the middle. Yo, a straight he like, you can't replicate this shit, Yo.
Speaker 9: I'll give you.
Speaker 10: I'll give you kudos too, John, because like, I think a lot of people in our ecosystem that.
Speaker 9: We're cool with that, like, come come by the.
Speaker 10: Office and know Gary your show love Gary. Gary tells him exactly what to do or exactly what he would do ninety seven percent don't do anything and eventually I get tired because like, as I've grown, I'm like, oh, I'm excited. I'm excited to watch them do their shit. You've done everything, man, Like you really executed in a big way.
Speaker 9: And I think that in.
Speaker 10: Itself is like like why you are where you are today.
Speaker 9: But it's a big muscle.
Speaker 4: Thank you, bro. I appreciate that, you know.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 4: I was. I was chopping with Gary the other day one on one. He was like, Yo, John. He looked at me, he was like, Yo, I'm the best marketer in the world. Like it was just a fucking claim and it was just because that way. I was like, Yo, that's some real shit. You know, he's the fucking lebron of marketing at this point.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 4: Switching gears into paid right. A lot of businesses listening now, a lot of businesses in the EIL ecosystem, a lot of brands. They're trying to decipher when paid is appropriate. So how do you look at paid? Do you look at paid as the amplification of organic, I e. You post it does well, you put money behind it, you disseminate or and or do you think there's a bigger opportunity in segmenting cold audiences, running them effectively like hooks, bringing them to your website, cooking them, and then retargeting and having a retargeting sequence or is it the wrong way to be looking at one or the other.
Speaker 5: So I guess the answer is always both, right, Like I think like in general organic man, like running media against your top performing posts is.
Speaker 10: A really good idea, Like that's inherently going to probably be the best content for your page strategy. Conversely, like you're not going it'll be really difficult to convert.
Speaker 9: People that don't know your brand, you know, Like.
Speaker 10: I think it's like ninety five percent of people that go to a website for the first time will never purchase. So like, if you like you need to have a real retargeting strategy outside of just like hey, I know you went to a website by this, there could be like, hey, you went too our website, learn more about us. There's like a really cool story video, and then you retarget people that watch that videos like sequential messaging of when they first come in contact with you, and then also just conversely like hitting up the people. It's I think the analogy is like hunting versus farming. Have a strategy for both hunting would be going prospecting, getting new people who don't know you, and thinking about contextual ways to speak to them.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 10: Five, like the five different buckets that people we want to hunt, psychographics, demographics and make content specific to them. And then farming is making sure that everyone that already fucks with you continues to fuck with you, right, putting water on the seas.
Speaker 9: Like everything you got to do to keep that butt, keep that.
Speaker 10: Base seeing your content, so like even boosting against your current fans.
Speaker 9: I think it's totally fine. Like people have some like feel some time of way, but like I.
Speaker 10: Don't want my audience to see a sponsored post for me, Like why it's okay, Like it's ass Like it's fine.
Speaker 9: They're not gonna like unfollow you, and if you do, you can get a new.
Speaker 4: One right right, Yo, this is straight he I do want to make time for the community to ask some questions, get a chance to riff with ak Direct Troy Less some people in the building.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, so earners, if you have a questions, feel free to raise your hand. I had a quick quick question because you did the time stamp right and you said that the capsules on the videos was one thing, but then you had that unique sound, And so I want to is this something that you see in the haraz in that it's going to be the new thing that that people can use to create content or some type of fun thing that's going to be coming down the line.
Speaker 10: In terms of like formats of content or just like to be able to produce content.
Speaker 4: Format is something that piece my interest.
Speaker 9: Well, like, well this is funny.
Speaker 10: We were talking about what you just reference was the Sonic branding and that was one hundred percent Gary, Like he spent.
Speaker 9: A lot of time trying to put people on.
Speaker 10: Podcasting and like, your voice is really going to matter, Like right now I can say, hey, Siri, order me soap, and Cereal will probably figure out how to order soap or it's going to.
Speaker 9: Be there in a couple of months.
Speaker 10: And then he started thinking about, wait a minute, if everyone's really really going to get into the audio voice landscape, how are we thinking about branding that?
Speaker 9: Like it's really easy to brand something visually with.
Speaker 10: A watermark, a logo, how you're going to brand you know, from an audio perspective? And then one late night d Ro cooked up an audio tag that sounded is actually Gary doing that, and then we just started putting it on all of his videos. We now use the different ones like Garry V showed me. Uh, But like it's cool to think about. You know if if like we're you're at the super Bowl or you're at the Yankees game, and all of a sudden you hear that sound and you associate it with an individual brand, it's really really powerful and you may not even need to pay. Like the impression that you would have to pay to do that well might be way less than if you had to show them a TV spot and you're still going to get that same brand recognition and impact.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it actually makes me think of that, Like hip hop has been doing this ship.
Speaker 8: Right, That's what I'm thinking. Every every DJ now has that at the beginning Maya music.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, that's that's a spot on.
Speaker 9: It's I'm like, the thing I'm most fascinated.
Speaker 10: About that I've just been spending my time on a lot is just like in the crypto space, I feel like there's a new platform coming. I have no idea what it is, but I think it's it's the antithesis of TikTok, and I think like I think that there is some poison within those platforms.
Speaker 9: And I don't want to.
Speaker 10: I don't want I don't think of it as like being anonymous, but I think of it as something other than everyone trying to show off who they are and like let's all hate each other, like that's all.
Speaker 9: Like it's something different, just like cents.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: Questions for for just a quick note for folks that I see in the comments asking for the pdf, head over to loop insure dot co slash e y l loop insure dot Co slash e y l. That entire breakdown for content strategy is available for download for free. All right, let's get to it.
Speaker 6: Edith Legendary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also Wiz got the laugh. Uh, I don't think.
Speaker 10: I don't think there's there's not one mainstream rapper that doesn't have.
Speaker 9: Their whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta tell us Christy before we get the question. So we we ross the other.
Speaker 4: Day and the way when I seen that, I was like, when the fun did this have?
Speaker 2: Like shout out to said you might have seen it. One of our friends was like, yo, if you get you should get him to say. So, I'm not going to ask him. I'm not going to ask him to say hum, it's literally so I meet him, I dap, we wrap up, he hugs and as we get close, he.
Speaker 4: Goes, yeah, you just needed to be recording that episodes of day Man. What are you calling in from? And what's your question?
Speaker 11: I good evening everyone you doing. I just want to say that my heart is beating so fast, like you will really drop some gems.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: I don't even know.
Speaker 11: What question I will because you all said so much. But now I'm really thinking about the audio, the audio voice, like I'm following coach Stormy and you all you know what. I'm not going to ask a question. I'm just gonna say that.
Speaker 5: You all drop some gems.
Speaker 11: I have my notes and I am so proud to be an earner of e y L University. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Awesome thank you.
Speaker 10: Uh the biggest on notes start pushing buttons like I'm as someone who went to school and everything, and like I love the note taking. I'm so passionate about Like if you like, I'm sure there's so much that you can learn from what John and.
Speaker 9: The crew were talking about.
Speaker 10: Earlier, but like literally upload a video and publish it. You'll get so much learnings from that, Like you really will volume.
Speaker 4: Uh that this whole debate about like quantity over quality, I've ended up landing on quantity leaves the quality. There's no away you're gonna get good unless you've been in the ring. And eventually, once you get punched up times, you can slow the movements down. So the volume strategy, Man, I subscribe a hundred percent. Thank you, Edith, appreciate you. Justin robertson what's good? Bro? Where you calling them from? And what's your question?
Speaker 12: You don't really know what he's doing out here?
Speaker 4: Real smooth transitions. I like it.
Speaker 12: John found out about you from uy L, So thank you to my ey L brothers. Thank you, Bro, thank you of course of course, so uh And I'm sorry the guest name one more time.
Speaker 9: Andy, And sorry Andy.
Speaker 12: I was very interested when you said something in regards to the crypto space. So with the YouTube shorts coming from someone so I'm trying to add value. I've really picked up obviously what you need to do first is add value. So watching E y L, you guys provide so much value. John, I follow you. You provide so much value. Andy obvious, I'll be following you now. You provide so much value. So with this YouTube chorts, with it being sixty seconds, just maybe coming up with something that encapsulates thirty to sixty seconds of something you guys, more information you guys give out. That's something you could possibly push on YouTube shorts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know that, Like, value can come in many many forms, Like I think what the value you're getting right now is like education and strategy, right, but making someone laugh his value too. It's comedic value, it's entertainment value. There's many forms of value.
Speaker 4: Okay, perfect right.
Speaker 12: That's really the only question I had in regards to the YouTube shorts thing. Other than that, did you have any crypto spaces that you see that would really be in advanced with audio space, like obviously listening something being developed in a decentralized platform. Do you know about any projects about that?
Speaker 9: I have no clue.
Speaker 10: I know I know people or into this thing called your Old Beats, which allows you to invest in like audio samples and beats and get royalties off of future purchasers or tracks ever using the Rosses next album I got you.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: And then on the last thing for you would just be how many pieces of content do you think you need to be recording a day? I know I was, I was following you said, you know, companies still think doing one piece of content today is doing good, and that's what would be like a number Like obviously, I see how engaged you are. I actually got an email from you once and asking for me to put a song on Spotify's playlist. I emailed back and said Jazzmine Sullivan and it got updated like within an hour, and I was like, what the hell? So I think that engagement is awesome. So as far as that, like, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Yo death over with Man listen, I'll say this I want to take with Loop. I want to take an extreme position on content, being a content first company that we spent rather than over index on just like a ridiculous ad budget, what we're doing is over indexing on bringing people into the team whose sole job is to produce, design, edit, community, manage. I mean, I really think that we're entering into this era of community as emote. You can't fuck with the EYL brand because like you can't replicate their shit. You can't just take assets over liabilities and slap it on a similar colored shirt, right like it it's the community, it's the mot and I think that content is the best way to nurture a community. So for us, man, we're starting to at this point shoot one two hours a day. We're starting to document almost everything we do just about clip it up. And I would like to get to a point where we're posting four or five times a day across all platforms, to be honest, and the big ones for us is Instagram, LinkedIn Twitter, and so I'm here Facebook, we just do the auto reposts. I think I'm leaving some bread on the table with Facebook and TikTok where we're leaning into. So I think, if you think about it, there are billions of people collectively aggregating on five websites if you fucking think about it, right, So, like, if you're not posting there, man, you're leaving bread on the table. And for people like I've just been hammering this message ever since, it's been drilled into me. But the way to grow any brand or business in this day is to just over index on the production of content and you'll see your brand organically beginning to grow. People will talk about it and then share and then the one thing that wasn't discussed, but that is responding to DMS like community management and depth and responding to emails. That's what keeps people around. But Yo, Justin, I appreciate you, man, appreciate the support. I'm looking forward to you being in a loop customer. We're going to do all kinds of really cool shit down the stretch man. We want to build a first billion dollar insurance business that was grown primarily through social media, and we will do it and people will then refer back to this video is like, oh ship they shiped the blueprint. Justin, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: Man, real quick on on hosting this ey L thing. Anybody asks more than one question, we got to say guidelines. They're all taping guidelines out to Justino. He went for he knew that. He's like, oh John's doing it.
Speaker 8: Oh I got it.
Speaker 4: Just so, justin appreciate you. Let's get another question in here. By the way, looping shirt dot CoA slash E y L. Looping shirt dot CoA slash E y L for the download head over downloaded. We'll see you there, Matt. Where are you calling them from and what's your question.
Speaker 8: Don't do this fridge break? Oh there's no fridge breaks.
Speaker 9: John John really is good.
Speaker 6: He's like he's like a radio got talented man.
Speaker 10: What we got This whole insurance entrepreneurship thing doesn't work out for you.
Speaker 6: Definitely could be a radio personality. Man.
Speaker 4: I got a job at EYL lined up for me.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, Matt, look Fridze breaks.
Speaker 7: You know how this goes you? Frizz breaks will catch you on another one. Jeffrey were coming to you. I mut you been unmuted.
Speaker 8: It was going on.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 8: On what's oubject?
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 9: Appreciate it's going really well.
Speaker 13: Thank you for all the gems, and I'm really looking forward to everything else that you guys are dropping.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it.
Speaker 13: But my question is, how do you strategize when you're starting a new business and you create content for something that's extremely niche, Like my girlfriend wants to do stuff for new mothers, stuff that's like your towards towards Montessori mhm, So how would you strategize new mothers towards what like Montessori style toys and just things that are educational.
Speaker 2: Those are the schools. They let the kids do whatever they want.
Speaker 10: Right my education, I think there's there's so many opportunities, right Like, I think every every kid or mother has their own interests outside of just like thinking about a monastery school. They still live their lives, so it could be a lot more generic than you think. But also do consumer research like spend time on Twitter, search type in monastery school, type in school, type in new mother, and just read comments. I would be surprised if you don't get four or five or ten different ideas too.
Speaker 8: Mm.
Speaker 4: Community that's I like that AKA because that's like social listening. One thing to jump in there. This is something that I've done that I found to be successful. But you can personally like new moms, that's a niche. There's a lot of social there's a lot of physical and social networking that goes on between new moms because it's such a unique and distinct life experience. So me being you, I would literally create a podcast, a video podcast that I would host on IGTV Vertical and I would could uh interview different new moms and profile different new moms that are coming up that are notable doing interesting things, being a boss babe, whatever that type into that whole ethos and eventually what you do is you create a community of people that are effectively coming around to meet other new moms, and they'll discover your business as a result of the content that you put forth. One of I'm sure many ideas, but that's one of.
Speaker 9: The Facebook Facebook groups seem like a gold mine too.
Speaker 10: Join every new mom Facebook group, every Montessori school Facebook group, and just ask meaningful questions. What are you guys interested in? What are you guys' biggest problems? What how could I ever bring value in terms of education or information to you guys. I'm sure you'll get a lot of.
Speaker 9: Info mm yo.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's a that's a hidden one, ak that's not often discussed. But Facebook groups is a sleeper man.
Speaker 9: That's where you have depth two.
Speaker 10: You know, like if you're in a face and you're active, I feel like you're in it and you can get.
Speaker 9: Real action whether I know.
Speaker 10: There's like top in sports card Facebook groups where there's like a lot of transactions happening. There's Facebook groups for bowling, like all kinds of stuff. Definitely Monastery schools.
Speaker 9: And New Brothers.
Speaker 2: That's like eyo Facebook group lit it's a party in every day. It's crazy, but you know it never never discount the value of niche audiences. That's something that Ryan Leslie told to a shout out to him and you know, if you know his story, he made like a million dollars and he only sold like a couple thousand records, but he it's really a great episode on EYL And a lot of times people think that you have to have, you know, a broad range message, but that's kind of like dilute the situation. And you know, if you're appealing to every single person, you're not really appealing to anybody. But you dollar down and you and you appeal to a niche audience, whether that's you know, ethnic, whether that's religious, whether that's whatever. There's value in that because people are tribal by nature, and people like to you know, congregate with people that are similar to themselves. So you'd be surprised how many you know, new moms out there that are experiencing the same thing with their children, you know, especially you know now with homeschool and all that stuff, that don't have an outlet, don't have a community, and they would love to be part of a community. So the content strategy of Yeah, like even like how we started, which is, you know, going on other people's shows and giving content and putting it out there, You'd be surprised how many people would be interested in that because it's something that I'm assuming there's not a lot of people that's actually focused on that.
Speaker 6: Maybe there is a lot, I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: And then that audience is laser focused. They're coming for that exact thing. So you get new moms, they're like, wait, I'm a new mom. I didn't even know I belonged. I needed to belong to something, but I just found something that I'm a part of. There's somebody that's sharing similar experiences and share in similar stories.
Speaker 8: Now I have a voice, right, especially for new moms.
Speaker 7: Like there's something that that connects motherhood, right that that men that we don't know, but women go through and to have another voice is definitely an to be something that you can maximize on and build a community off of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man riches and niches and the way I view is any any startup, you're going to be strapped on resources and if you try, if you try to go toe to toe with the general market, you're gonna lose ten times out of ten. You just don't have the capacity and the resources to cover that wider range. But if you can find I tweeted about this yesterday, but if you can find your minimum viable audience, that's there's a lot of talk about minimal viable product. But if you can find minimum viable audience where they overlap, that's small or easier to cover territory. Every new mom who's in a Montessori school, there's probably there's probably so few of them that every one of them should know you by name. I want every single one of them to know you by fucking name. Literally. And if you're not coming up top five when they think of whatever it is that you're doing, in my opinion, you're either not niche enough or you're not putting enough enough. You're not putting out enough content in your niche. Jeff, I hope this brought you value, my friend. I don't want to abuse Andy's time. Andy, you good to write to seven fifteen, four more minutes and we'll take two more.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it. Let's do it. Jeff, thank you, man, appreciate it, Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it a whole lot of game. Let's bring somebody up real quick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's see Tim Harris. We're coming to you. Tim. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Guys?
Speaker 9: Just a general question as.
Speaker 15: Someone that in my sector, I deal with a lot of grief and especially focusing on that in general. I just saw you know, that seven minute podcast at seven thirty one, So shout out to that. So with going in there and going in grief, how big an audit or how big do you think that that can get in just having a short form podcast that can really generate the most impact for people that are going through stuff like that?
Speaker 2: Can I can I just add my two cents to this real quick? I mean, I think that that's probably the biggest thing that you can possibly do in the world, is have a short, fullm podcast for grief. Because it's like everybody goes through grief at some point in time and they don't want to hear our long sermons, but if they can hear a five minute message that can get them through the day. To me, I mean, that's probably one of the most beneficial things that you can ever create m.
Speaker 6: In my brain.
Speaker 9: No, No, I appreciate that for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think it's just like, do you do you have the appetite to continually do it, you know, to show up every day and do that podcast Like it's only two minutes, but you really got to love it and enjoy it and want to be able to deliver it.
Speaker 9: In a meaningful way. But I totally agree, man, in.
Speaker 10: Terms of just like the sentiment around grief and also just like capturing attention in the Daily Cadence very short form podcast.
Speaker 4: And I would say, I try to do some daily shit, yo, daily as hard as fuck.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: I just struggled to do daily in my own home in front of a mic. It blows.
Speaker 9: Imagine trying to live your life too, bro.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm gonna say. You guys did daily v like I really don't think people understand. It was a literal daily vlog, and I chopped it up with d Rock and I was like, Yo, who do you have editing this ship? And I know now you guys got mass support. Before a minute, it was just d Rock just shooting and fucking editing in the same day, bro. And and after a while I have my my blogger following me. Like, after like three days in the week, I was like, yoa, I need a break, go home.
Speaker 10: Right, Like, we didn't say, you know what the fuck we were doing?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 10: We were I was so hard on all of us because I'm like, we got to be the best. But I didn't realize like.
Speaker 9: We I was comparing something to like that wasn't being done.
Speaker 10: I gave you so hard time, Bro, you gotta be faster than He's like.
Speaker 7: Shout out to that. That's something that that's very true.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 7: You could make it a five minute podcast, but the five minute podcast could take you two to three hours to actually get out. So just just know that you're gonna do that every day. You got to be consistent with it because one thing that people love is consistency.
Speaker 8: They're going to make you a part of their day. After a month, we want to see you on month two.
Speaker 4: Right right, facts facts, Yo, Edith, Thanks for the question. Oh I guess that was Jeff or whoever that was? Thank you? Last question question John.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna oh this is my did he go he left?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Boss, he is boss. We're coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 16: Thank you fellas?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 8: My god? What's going on with you?
Speaker 6: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 16: First off, happy anniversary on the podcast. So I have a social work podcast and you know, trying to put out content like what what are the different items you mentioned earlier about you know, I love the captures on the videos?
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 17: What sort of stuff did you guys use? I'm into trying to trying to get more content out.
Speaker 4: I guess you asked the podcast? Pretty much?
Speaker 17: Yeah, or just differ different ways of shooting videos with with captures, like like, I'm not really that that tech savvy.
Speaker 6: How do you how do you put captures on videos? That's your that's your question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Yeah, honestly, I think you can, like on some real life easy free ship ninety nine percent.
Speaker 9: Sure, you can upload to YouTube.
Speaker 10: YouTube will give you automatedly generated captions. Those captions are basically on point now like five years ago, they weren't anywhere close, but they're basically accurate. They're gonna be some titles and some random ship, but you'll get free captions. You can download the SRT file. Once you have the SRT file, you can use a different software like cap wing upload those caption files and you'll be good, or you just spend your time fucking typing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually a good point because you could do it close. You can do it caps close caption on YouTube and then it's actually just gone. So when you make it from YouTube, I'm assuming the close caption is going to show up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the transcript right, all right, well ship, thank you folks today you have it. Let me remove you guys from the audience real quick. I appreciate you guys participating yo one time from my guy ak Man.
Speaker 9: Man, you guys record that. I feel special. Man.
Speaker 2: I actually learned, though, I actually some stuff I'm gonna implement tonight. Uh, the YouTube situation, definitely, I'm gonna implement that. A do the YouTube a yeah, and captions something that we've been asked about. We haven't done that, but that's actually a good point what you just said about the YouTube thing. At the very least, we can at least do that. So yeah, I actually learned a few different things that I'm gonna implement.
Speaker 4: Yo, ak partying. Partying thoughts. Would would love just like your take on like if you were to watch this clip that's about to occur now a year from today. Like what are your predictions for like social and the way just headed? And what are some of your parting tips for people like that they should have.
Speaker 9: To do predictions? I have no fucking idea, man, I think every day.
Speaker 10: I'm so fascinated by what the world looks like in April fourteen, twenty twenty two, right, Like the amount of change we've gone through over the last year, I think is unprecedented, and I think it's going to lead to a lot of new things beneficial. But I think it's going to be a different world, and I'm excited for it. I have no fucking idea. Just be be ready for change, be open to change, assume that change and being adaptable is your greatest strength. Other than that, like put yourself. Be comfortable with sharing your story, you know, like whether that's like overcoming your insecurities by just talking about them, like the whole eight mile shit or whatever it is. Like I love Twitter as a playground to play with your ideas to then dive deeper into into other platforms. Like if you ever have anything they think is cool, they're interesting, They're like.
Speaker 9: Oh, that's fun. Fucking tweet it.
Speaker 10: Twitter's a fire, hos like use Twitter as your platform for all all other platforms around what ideas you may have, tell your story, have fun, don't overthink ship, live your life, man, hang out with John and fucking listen to these dudes, because you.
Speaker 9: Know what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 4: Yoh, there you have it, folks. Everyone catch Andy kran I know some of you guys are on the YouTube. I've been saying, I've been asking for his Instagram. I want to put it up here. It's at Crane ac at Crane Act. Follow Andy Kranak Man. He's a silent but when he speaks, you gotta listen. On the forefront of all this ship. I'm glad. I'm glad to call you a friend.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: Thank you for jumping on the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you both, Thank you. I appreciate y'all much. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, At some point, at some point you have you have to be greatful. At some point, ladies and gentlemen easily could have charged a thousand dollars or more for that.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I personally, I'm gonna implement some things that he just said that I know it's gonna make us money. I wasn't really even aware of that YouTube short was actually being put out there so much by YouTube, but it makes it makes sense because everybody's trying to compete with TikTok, so it makes complete sense.
Speaker 6: And I only watch YouTube on my phone, so it makes it makes sense. One percent.
Speaker 4: I learned a lot too, man. That's my boy. And Yo, for those of you guys that ever been to Innermedia, like at first they were if the flight Iron District in New York, It's like just Matt like a sweatshop type of vibe, like, and Gary's like, I fucking invested people in not space, you know. And then then he got an investment from Stephen Ross, who is the chairman of Related Companies and also owner of the Miami Dolphins, and Stephen Ross actually built husting Yards, and then you know, they worked out some arrangement and they have fucking sick space now out in husting Yards. And that was like the hub for creators, like anyone who was in the scene. People would fly in from all over just and get a meeting with anybody who worked at Innermedia and then just like walk around and try to see GV was around and just hang out with these dudes and Andy Kranak any chance I could, man, I would chop with him in the hallways of innermedia and just be like, Yo, what's the latest, and just stay on the pulse because when you're at the forefront like they are, and I think it's okay to recognize that they are. Although I'm competitive, so I'm coming up next. And then GV was like, Yo, You're up next, bro, Relax. But Yo, this is just a wealth of information, man, So I hope you guys soaked it in all of this information. I'm gonna share this one time, one last time with There are slides that we didn't even get into that breaks down like how you should view micro content and converting folks into followers. Remember you never fell in love with any artists off a single. You gotta have singles and then you use the long form to turn them into into depth into followers and fans. So all that information is up on the link looping Shirtt coach ash eu y l. This is the Wealth Principles. Every Thursday only for the month of April, six pm Eastern time, We're gonna chop it up one hour one hour long episodes. As you can see, we're bringing the heat and maybe we'll be back by popular demand after the month is up. It's up to you guys, though, I'm not coming back unless you ask for for it.
Speaker 2: Ellis you got you gotta you gotta knack at this at this thing.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: Maybe you know we gotta we gotta spot for you.
Speaker 8: That was a network that I know of.
Speaker 4: Got you, got you all right, fellas, Yo, fire man. I look forward to seeing what clips come from Yo. I literally I listened like an editor. There was just clip after clip after clip after clip on this one. So I'm excited for this ship to make us make his round.
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, And the link for the the site is on YouTube and it's also in the chat here in zoom, So make sure y'all head over and get your pdf.
Speaker 6: Anybody else.
Speaker 2: A lot of people ask if you watch market Mondays or you watch anything that we do on YouTube.
Speaker 6: The people that have Zoom access some members of Eyo University.
Speaker 4: So that's what it is. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 6: People people ask like how do I get zoom access? That's that's reserved for or earners.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all signing off enjoy your Thursdays. I see you guys next week.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need