Speaker 1: The roller coaster of an NFL season is moving right along, and it promises to be a month full of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. And DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Running it in from the one or on an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score touchdowns. We just want to bet on them. DraftKings hurt us and they are delivering. Ready to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. Here's the reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet just five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use code Richard. That's code Richard for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight h O P E n Y or text h O P E n Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help us available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources the volume.
Speaker 2: Don't Foo Bowl Championships. That should always be the expectation. All right, man, ex you go ahead. Welcome back to the Richard Sherman Podcast, presented to you by our friends and partners over at Brightling Allays getting us right. We had a phenomenal time at their event in La the unveiling of the La Rams Rightling watch had a blast with my boy Wit Mitchell.
Speaker 1: What you been up to, Richard? It feels so good to be back, man. I've been on the road. Was in Dallas, as you know witnessed the Lions laid the smack down to the Cowboys, and then was flying home this past weekend. Richard, it feels good to be back. We've hit one hundred and fifty thousand subs on this YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: I want to give it a standing. Oh Richard, your dedication to this has been off the charts, and I know it's something you're truly excited about. We appreciate all you guys that have subscribed, Richard, just say what that means to you, man, This is new for both of us.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, it means a lot. Man. I'm thankful for every single person that has subscribed to our channel, every person that watches even a minute of this podcast. It's it's a labor of love, and we appreciate you guys staying with us, grown with us, being patient with us. At times, especially me, I know my value can get a little high. I can get a little ecentric and excited about this game, but I'm very grateful for everything and everybody that follows. Thank you so much, every single one of you. Love and respect from me.
Speaker 1: Well, Richard, let's get into nice games. We had a doubleheader on Monday night, football, starting with the ones I think most people wanted to watch. That was a Baltimore Ravens going on the road.
Speaker 2: Nobody to watch the other game, Mitchell, they made that good, very hard to get to. They sure did.
Speaker 1: I was royally confused when I want to tune in, I'm like, what channel is this on? And I quickly realized it was on a channel I do not have, and we got to subscribe to ESPN Plus. But that's neither here nor there, Richard, Baltimore got down early. They were down ten points right out the game. It's to Tampa. They looked sluggish. Tampa Bay looked like they had this game, and then all of a sudden, Baltimore said not so fast and just went on to steamroll Tampa Bay. This game was closer than the probably score indicated. Lamar Jackson and Derek dominant, or indicated to me, I'm sorry, that's what I meant to say. This game was not nearly as close as the getting the score indicated with Tampa scoring at the end. But Richard, this identity of the Baltimore raven football team is quickly starting to take fold, and that's Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry. This team looks like they're gonna be tough to play against. What are your thoughts on the Baltimore Ravens going on the road and laying the hurt and on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Well, at this point, they just seemed like an inevitability. Mentell. Every single game, They're going down the field, even when they start slow. At one point, I think it was the third quarter, I left up and they said Derrick Henry had five carries for like thirty yards. They were talking about how good of a job Tampa was doing. Obviously Lamar was having six says I think he had just thrown that dime to Bateman the forty nine yard touchdown, And then you look up at the end of the game he had fifteen carries for one sixty nine to eighty one yard scamper where he just looks incredible. He looks like a creative player. The old school created players. Mentell when it was like two thousand and five or two thousand and six, he used to create a big running back, make him ninety nine speed, two point fifty breaking all the tackles. Except he's a real life human being. He's going to be a gold jacket whining a player after his career is done. But Lamar Jackson looked fantastic, and he fished through the air seventeen to twenty two for two eighty one. He found Mark Andrews a number of times. One time he found him against against one of my guys, a friend of a program, Jordan Whitehead, on a great route late in the game. It was a great touchdown path. But the player that day for me, for him was the pass to Bateman and that past Mentell. He dropped back in the pocket, he hit his back foot, Bateman ran would appeared to be a seven in goal. The corner thought it was going to be a seven cut look back for the ball. As soon as he looked back, Batement went and it was a dime in the end zone. You couldn't throw it better, you couldn't end it to him better. And you got to give Lamar Jackson a lot of credit. He was efficient from the pocket and then on the other side of the ball. Marlon Humphrey had an incredible game before he went out with injury. The veteran savvy had three interceptions coming into the game, got two more today. Hopefully he's okay. I didn't he left the game early with an injury. Don't know what happened, but Rokwan Smith was all over the place. He was everywhere like Project roaches eighteen tackles in the ball game. He was up and down the field. A big reason why this defense played so well. Like you said, the score looks like this game was close, but Tampa was able to get a lot of garbage yards garbage points. Ended up with close to four hundred yards or four to sixty and yards and when the game was really decided, to think they had three hundred and Baltimore had five to eight. But the big storyline, you know, great win for Baltimore. They're tied with the Steelers for first in that division. That division is going to be a much better race than we thought it would. I think a lot of people thought either Baltimore would dominate this division and run away with it or beat them in Cincinnati. You know, maybe Cleveland if Deshaun Watson could get it together, but he hasn't been able to and then now he's gone out with the injury, so they seem like they're down and out of this division, even though they have a really talented defense. But the Cleveland I mean Cincinnati Bengals, you just don't know. Their defense hasn't played as well as they have in the past. They look like they you know, they're always primed to go on a run, but this year and they might have run out of luck. And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. So in this game, Mitchell, they lose their two biggest superstars on this team, Chris Godwin to a a very concerning lower leg injury, and he has had the worluck with lower leg injuries. When I was there, he went out with a bad knee injury playing against the New Orleans Saints, and you just watched the plan and it was just so devastating. So I hated to see him go out on the cart. You could see his teammates feeling awful, Baker Mayfield getting emotional about it. I'm sure Mike Mike Evans was in the locker room already had went out with a serious hamstring injury, likely will be sidelined three to four weeks at the minimum. And to lose those guys, it's such a devastating blow, not only emotionally, but in terms of production, in terms of leadership, in terms of like your ability to push the ball down the field. When you have those two guys on the field, you know you have a chance. And so Baker Mayfield always feels great. They're going into a divisional matchup against the Atlanta Falcons next week. He's gonna have to depend on Cade Otten and some of these young receivers, maybe Sterling Shepherd and guys that he hasn't had to lean on as much because he doesn't have the two Aall pros that he's had. And I hate to see that. They're phenomenal man, phenomenal teammates and they don't deserve that. But you know, football is one hundred percent injury game, and you just hope that they can heal quickly and they get back on the field doing what they love to do.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Man, it was that one two gut punch combo. Man, this fan base has got to be reeling. You take the loss at home, and then you turn around and you look at this team. I mean, they went on the road, they beat my Detroit Lions. Their their defense is so well coached, and they do have those playmakers on the outside. And now we're starting to see, you know, Bucky Irving and Rashad White take more control. The Buccaneers had high hopes, I mean most certainly in this division, but I think they were a dark horse in this conference as well. And these two injuries today, it's going to be tough to keep this train on the tracks. Richard. We shall see how they recover in that divisional rival rematch against the Falcons. That's going to be a huge one for them to try to keep the momentum of the season going.
Speaker 2: Point. Football season is here, and when I want to go to an NFL or college game, I only use game Time. Game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier. Game Time Picks filters out all the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. They have a lowest price guarantee, so if you find tickets cheaper somewhere else, game Time will give you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creating account, use the promo code Sherman that's s h e r m a N for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Create an account and use the redeem code Sherman. That's sac r m a N for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Download game time today? What time is it? Game time?
Speaker 1: Then let's go to the game that a lot of people have had trouble watching down in Arizona. The LA Chargers there with this team that would just smash mouth football. Jim Harball went there and that's what he was gonna do, and we haven't seen a whole lot of Justin Herbert all season. And then all of a sudden, bam, he's throwing for thirty nine passes for three forty nine and looking like himself of old Richard, the Arizona Cardinals come off in a walk off thriller of this game. Your thoughts here, what do you make of Arizona? Can they stay around in this divisional race? Because let's be real, it is a tight one out there in the west side of the country that you're on.
Speaker 2: Richard, Let's be let's be let's be really careful calling things thrillers.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, I'm not gonna call it a thriller.
Speaker 2: You said, a walk off thriller. Said, oh God, Leah, that's a thriller. Goodness, gracious, must be opposite day.
Speaker 1: There was a reason it was hard to watch, Rich.
Speaker 2: It was hard to watch in every sense of the imagination. And I'm sorry Charger fans and Cardinal fans, all twelve of you guys. I know you guys want me to say great things about this team, but this game was tough. And Arizona Cardinals have have had an up and down seasons, and Kyler Murray has been up and down. He didn't have a great game. Fourteen to twenty six, one hundred and forty five yards, obviously doing a lot with his legs, six carries for sixty four yards in the touchdown. But James Conner continues to look like the Pro Bowl running back that he is earning his keep. Nineteen carries for one hundred and one yards, huge runs on the last drive, just like Derrick Henry. Just seems like he wears on the defense as time goes on. As the fourth quarter comes around, less guys want to tackle him. Less guys are looking to put their pats in front of his is. So you got to give him a lot of credit credit for that. The Cardinals defense was able to get to Justin Herbert a number of times. Nikevan Smith had a sack, Vin Steele, Dante Steeles had a sack. All had a sack in the game. But it was the turnovers. It was the fumbles. You know, Justin Herbert didn't throw an interception, but they turned the ball over, fumbling the football. And that's what allowed the Arizona Cardinals, even when they were struggling offensively, to stay in this ball game. They gave up plays they weren't able to convert in the red zone, kept settling for field goals. You cannot keep settling for field goals. And that's why people are concerned about calling Justin Herbert a superstar quarterback because even with all this, even with their offense, you know, even with him throwing for three hundred and forty nine yards, he was twenty seven or thirty nine. Like you said, Justin Herbert, are old. Where are the touchdowns are? Where is the end zone? Where's the points? To really be excited about that. I'd rather you throw four one hundred and fifty yards and throw for four touchdowns than throw for three forty nine and have really nothing to show forward fifteen points in a game. And I'm sure Jim Harrball and Greg Roman aren't happy with JK. Dobbins fourteen carries for forty yards. They just could not get the run game going. But you have to give the Arizona car those defense a lot of credit. They played well, They made the plays they need to make, kept their offense in the game and allowed them to have a chance late in this ball game to win, and they were able to pull it out. But you got you just gotta convert. If you're the Chargers, you're coming off a huge divisional win, feeling good, a chance to continue to solidify yourself as contenders and this AFC West Division, and then you put up a stinker like this. You know where you could where you're getting the ball down the field, you're getting your yards, you're you're you're making plays, but you're not finishing drives. You have to finish drives. That's the name of the game in this league. That's why a number of these teams that are contending are are having that's their achilles heel, their ability to convert in the red zone. Because a lot of these defenses are been, but don't break there. They'll let you. They'll let you get some yards, they'll let you push the ball down the field. They'll let you have a thirteen to fourteen play drive. But when they get into the red zone, they're gonna bow up, are they They're gonna make a play. They're gonna They want you to play as many players as you can because they think you're gonna make a mistake. And so that's what continued to happen. But we'll see what this means for the Chargers. We'll see what this means for the Arizona Cardinals, because, like you said, the NFC West is wide open. I think they're second in the division right now because they beat the San Francisco forty nine Ers. You know, it's it's them, the San Francisco forty nine Ers, the Rams, and then obviously the Seattle Seahawks at the top right now, the only team above five hundred. So anything can happen. You know, Seattle could go on a run and start to pull away, or you know, they could stumble. Who knows, but you hope they can pull away and continue to win games. Maybe San Francisco figures it out. And can find it. But they got a tough road. They've got a tough game against the Dallas Cowboys in Jerry's world coming up, so so many things still waiting to play out. The Cardinals go to the Dolphins, who without two a tongue of ailoa have looked like a shell of themselves. Just came off of really really hit scratching loss to Indianapolis Colts. I mean, if you look at Anthony Richardson's performance, you'd say, wait, they won that game. He just just really had nothing to show for it, especially the way Joe Flacco had been playing the previous games. But obviously they have a lot invested in Anthony Richardson. They want to see him be successful. They want him to go through the learning, the growing pains, and they're gonna be patient with him. But just watching the offense with Joe Flackle and how efficient, how how productive those receivers and tight ends were when he was playing, I mean, a lot of fantasy owners had fools gold and start picking up Indianapolis Colts players like hotcakes Mitchell and then and then they look up no production.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that. I mean, Josh Downs is exploding like, I mean, Michael Pittman looked like himself from last year, and then everyone's wondering, Hey, you know, oh that's right. Garner Minshew was throwing him the ball last year, not Anthony Richardson. It seemed if they want to win, they got to put Joe Flacco in. But I don't think they're gonna do it, Richard. Anthony richards Sin is probably going to be the pick going forward. But I want to talk more about your NFC West because I know everyone feared it yesterday and we got confirmation. Now, the San Francisco forty nine ers injury riddled season continues in Brandon Ayuk's out now for the season with a torn acl and mcl richard, what is your panic meter here? Because we've addressed this numerous time this offseason, this training camp, you know, and throughout this season. Now, losing one of the top skill position players on this team, where are we at mentally.
Speaker 2: Well, mente I'm panicky, I'm panicky. I'm having a hard time. You know. I find hope knowing that in the past they've been able to dig themselves out of his whole. Kyle Shanahan's a fantastic coach Christian mccaffery's going to come back at some point in time. You know, there was there, there's conversations with Kyle this week about him potentially playing, you know, obviously long shot to play in the Dallas game, but I'm sure that's music to the ears of the faithful that he's going to be coming back at all. You know, that'll be a welcome boost. Maybe they can get Juwan Jennings back. That will be a sight for sore eyes, especially with the devastating injury to Brandon. I you, you know, you hate to hear that, You hate to see that. I'm grateful that he was able to get his money because this is this is what the stuff you hate. This is a game. You know, this is his livelihood, and you never want a guy to get injured. If he's going to get injured, at least he got life changing money for his family. I know fans hate to hear stuff like that, but that's how I fail as a player. You want guys to be Years will pass you, you know, you guys will remember and forget guys, but his family will be in a better place. He's worked his entire life to get to where he is today to earn the deal that he earned. I'm sure he's gonna come back with a vengeance and and and you know, show every everybody why he got the big bucks. But for just praying for a speedy recovery for Brandon Au. And you know, this is an opportunity for Juwan Jennings to showcase his talents along with Deebo Samuel. He'll obviously get a bigger role now he was a little under the weather in the last game. It'll get it also give Ricky Purcell a chance to grow up quick. You wonder when he will get his opportunity and how he would get his opportunity, and how would they will be enough footballs to go around. Well, sometimes the opportunities comes quicker and more unexpectedly, uh than you can imagine. And this is one of those situations. So you hate to hear that, but I mean, I'm I'm panicked, but I've seen him come out of bigger holes and go to the NFC Championship and and really still compete for Super Bowls. It's gonna be tough this season with how the those teams from your NFC North are playing. It looks like they're going to put four teams in the playoffs unless they just all stumbled terribly down the stretch. Uh. So you're gonna have to find a.
Speaker 1: Way, no question about that. I mean, like you said, this is third and Juwan Jennings time to shine. He's got a rise to this occasion. And then the silver lining here for these forty nine are faithful is the fact that Christian McCaffrey, hopefully we'll be back at some point in the next few weeks and can provide them some much needed firepower. Speaking of firepower, though, Richard, my Detroit Lions ace in their pocket. Jamison Williams gets suspended for two weeks now. Just things can never be too good in Detroit, Richard. Every time we get off to a hot start, something like this has got to happen to us. Fortunately we got the Titans this weekend. But what are your thoughts here about the Lions losing Jmo?
Speaker 2: Well, that's tough, obviously, you know he had just started getting his rhythm. It's a weird suspension, though, and this is coming from a guy that understands how guys get suspended usually for performance enhancing. It's six, it's four six, and they've really been sticklers for six you know, when it's something serious. So obviously some it's something small and something trivial that they're given too, and something they could probably have let pass. You know. Obviously it was an accidental ingestion or something of that sort. So I don't think this is anything where he intentionally took something banned or you know, was trying to cheat the game in some ways. So I hope fans aren't out here saying, you know, you know, putting that label on this kid, because this isn't that case. You know, there's so many things you got to take these days, so many supplements, so many so many things to try to get your body right, massages and things of that nature. Even some of the things that the the the protein powders and things that the teams give you think they got checked out right, but you just really never know. So I want people to be cautious of really throwing a bad label on this kid, especially with the two game suspension. That's the league saying it wasn't him taking something serious to saying knowingly, because if they thought that was the case, it's automatic six games. It's non negotiable. It's non debatable. It's nothing to talk about. They give six and they walk away. So if it's two games, that tells me I don't think this was a serious thing. But it is tough for the for the Detroit Lions. But with the way this offense has been rolling and the way Jared Golf has been just spreading the football round, you know, you obviously believe Sam Laporta is gonna get a few more targets. You know that Aman Rod is gonna get a few more targets. Maybe Jamiir Gibbs is more involved in the past game and things like that, but it's unfortunate because Jamison Williams was coming into his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question about it. But this is why they signed Tim Patrick. They got some other guys that haven't been able to play a ton and they're sure going to get more opportunity here. The other news we got this week is toua tongue Ailoa is set to return to practice. He's not gonna be wearing a Guardian cap, but word on the street is that he's been deemed medically safe to return to practice. The Miami Dolphins clearly need a left Richard. They're not fun to watch at all without him on the field, and they desperately need him. How much does this change the trajectory of the season for the Miami Dolphins, But to have expected to be back.
Speaker 2: Well, it definitely changes the trajectory of this offense. And I'm sure it's a welcome site to Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddell, whose seasons have gone to absolute nothing within his absence. You know, quarterbacks just can't find them, can't push the ball down the field though. I mean, they're just pretty pretty much non existent. And I'm sure they were ready to fold the season in if to a tongue of Vailoa wasn't coming back. And so him coming back means a lot for those guys. I'm sure the guys that have them in fantasy are jumping for joy at the chance to not just keep stashing them on the bench and actually have a chance to play them and in them to get some action and get some yardage. He means a lot to these guys. And sure his timing and stuff is gonna be all four second, he's gonna knock the rust off. But it's a welcome site this division. It's not really out of out of They're not really out of contention at this point in time. You know, they have to go on a serious run, win some ball games, get back to five hundred to have a chance, and they're gonna have to beat the Buffalo Bills a few times if they really want a chance at the playoffs. But he definitely gives them a chance. I think he should wear the Guardian cap. But that's just me. It's just me, you know, ten thousand feet in the air, given my little two cents.
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick was critical of new coach Gerard Mayo's soft comments. They were across the pond, the Pats playing the Jags and drove Mayos that were playing soft at the moment, to which Bill Belichick responded to call them soft. They're not soft. The Patriots led the league in rushing defense last year. It's the same guys, Richard. What do you you make of this comment, Well.
Speaker 2: It's a young coach frustrated, trying to motivate this team in a way that you know, it's it's that he probably thought was right. Bill is an old school coach, and Bill is one of those guys that I think a lot of people had a lot of respect for. Shortened press conferences, But I never really remember him calling his team out in this way. You know, he probably said they didn't play well enough or or they didn't get to get the job done, or we weren't good enough today or something like that, something short and to the point. But I don't think he ever, you know, went with the personal attack. So you know, it's just something Drop Mayo can learn from. Schematically, they're getting beat a team that that has has really been sound against the run, against the pass for the last decade or two with with or without incredible talent. You know, a lot of times it's with guys that you had never heard of, and everybody's like Bill Belichick is doing it again with the with the D line you know nobody's heard of, or you know, just schematically big linebackers, and they say you can't play big linebackers these days. And so it's one of those things that you understand what he means because his team kind of got pushed around out there over the pond by the Jacksonville Jaguars and went down their throat, and so you could see why he's frustrated. He's also a former player who's been out there, who knows what it takes to play elite defense. So I can see both sides of it. But I understand what Bill saying. Bill saying, come on now, and we've seen the guys do it, you know, put them in a position they need to be in, they'll get the job done.
Speaker 1: Now for my personal favorite segment of the week, Richard, buyers sell. I'm gonna ask you make a couple of statements here and you're gonna buy or sell and tell me why. I'm gonna start with the Honolulu Blue Detroit Lions. Jared Goss Richard, this guy is sizzling hot right now. I think the statistic of the day was that the Detroit Lions have over the past four games, have more touchdowns than incompletions thrown. I mean, that's absolutely unheard of. Jared Goff is on a tear. He is the best QB in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Buy or sell. I gotta buy Mitchell. I'm a numbers guy, and he's got the numbers. He has to be the leading MVP candidate obviously, and that's you know, up in the air with Lamar Jackson throwing for five touchdowns tonight. But the way he's been playing way this offense has been playing. How efficient he's been with the football again, Like you just said, more touchdowns than incompletions. That's a ridiculous stat. I've seen him. He's gone eighteen for eighteen in the game this season, and he's getting the ball, spreading it to everybody. You know, He's spreading the love to every single receiver. It seems like Ben Johnson's just closing his eyes and saying, you get a pass, you get a pass, You get a pass, you get a pass, you get it. Oh, Mitchell, you see this, bookie, Bookie, Bookie. Come on now, I'm getting into the spirit. Jared Goff got me filling the rhythm. So I have to buy that, Mitchell. It'd be tough to argue. You know, you can argue talent, and I hate people arguing something that's subjective. Oh, there's more talented guys. They're talent, talent, talent, talent. I don't care about talent. A lot of guys that are more talented or throwing interceptions, a lot of them at a high tilt. And if you're throwing interceptions, you're putting your team in harm's way. He's not doing that. He's spreading the ball pushing the ball down the field, winning games, scoring a lot of points. You got to give him a nod for now. That may change throughout the season, maybe somebody catches him, but right now he's in the league.
Speaker 1: What's impressive to me is that game of Miyes was a bit of a trap game for the Lions. You're riding high off the emotional you know, the victory, huge victory over the Dallas Cowboys. You lose your emotional leader and Aiden Hutchinson, and then you go on the road against your division fox, who's playing the best football in the league arguably, and then you get in the whole ten to nothing. Jered Goff led this team back and then of course they're down late and he let them down the field for a game winning field goal. Terry Bradshaw said after the game that he reminded him a little bit of Tom Brady Richard. I don't know if I go that far, but like you said, he's a great ball distributor and he's arguably one of the best in the league at it. Right now, moving to the next topic, this one's tough. I know you're wearing the hat right now, but I gotta ask it the San Francisco forty nine ers will miss the playoffs. Buy or sell.
Speaker 2: I'm selling that, Mitchell. I'm selling that. I believe in coleg Or Brock Perdy and the boys. They're gonna rally and figure it out, find a way to get those playoffs and makes noise. They have to another number of things have to happen, and some things they can't control have to happen and go in their favor. But I got them making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: With that being said, I'm gonna stay in that same division. The Seattle Seahawks will make the playoffs. Buy or sell, Richard.
Speaker 2: I can buy that. I can buy that. You know it's as they get healthier, and you know they made a change at right tackle, which was a glaring week spot for him. Over the last couple of weeks, Geno Smith has been doing a lot with a little you know, making lemon I mean they giving him lemons and he's somehow making lemonade Mitchell with no water and no sugar and and sometimes no lemons. It's it's been incredible to watch. He's moving around in the pocket, he's accurate, even when he's under the rest. He's he's dropping dimes and he's gonna get a payday, and he's gonna get a big time pay day, well deserved. H I think they win it. I think their defense is just getting better. They'll get healthier Treik Wool and we'll get back in the lineup make this defense even more formidable. We talked about Derek Hall and Boye Mafey having really fantastic seasons, Leonard Williams and Byron Murphy in the middle. Byron Murphy coming back returning home last week to Atlanta and really having a really good game. Leonard Williams had a sack in the game. They're they're finding their rhythm. You know, they're young. Head coach only thirty seven years old, Mike McDonald. It's starting to really impose his identity on this team, and these guys are starting to believe and starting to trust him. So that's a really positive sign. I think they make it.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Kansas City, this team looks like they're unbeatable. They can withstand every task, every up and down the season presents and Patrick Mahomes again comes off victorious on the road in the Super Bowl rematch. Richard, this Kansas City Chief team is gonna go undefeated this year by or Sell.
Speaker 2: No, I'm selling that, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: I don't think they want to go undefeated, at least the coaching staff doesn't, because that leaves you so vulnerable in these playoffs. You you need to teaching moments, and they're getting a lot of teaching moments in these wins. But as they always say, you lose, you learn more from a loss and you do a win, and they're getting away with some things they probably won't be able to get away with in the playoffs. So they're gonna need a loss to bring them back down to the earth. And I'm sure the coaches will say the same thing, and they're gonna get it at some point or another. They're living on borrow time. They're winning some of these games in some very odd and interesting ways. They're finding ways to win ugly, pretty on the side, up and down, you know, they're finding ways to get the dub and with Patrick Mahomes leading the league in interceptions, Eventually, that's gonna catch up to you. And I know it hasn't yet, and it's cliche to say, but it is. That's just how football works, no matter what the odds say. Eventually that gets you, it bites you right there in your hinee parts.
Speaker 1: Before we leave this game. I know I didn't have an opportunity to speak with you about it earlier, But what do you make of Patrick Mahomes tiptoeing down the sidelines acting like he's running out of bounds. Defender kind of lets up and then he scampers for another twenty five. That's why you laid out Jery Goff the way you did at the goal line several years ago, Richard, because Patrick Mahomes deserved it in that case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitchell, I mean, it's not Patrick mahone fat as the league fault. This is what they've built. You know. They want to protect the quarterbacks, and they're going to continue to protect the quarterbacks. But if these defenders, you can't. It's just unfair, but you can't. You can't slow down, like until he steps out, Your effort should be your intentions should be cruel, Like, hey, I'm going with bad intentions until he steps out, and until he steps out if he that That's what I was with Jared at that time. I'm running full speed and my intentions are bad until he steps out, and if he doesn't step out, he's gonna feel my intentions right around this area, Mitchell and he and that's what what happened. And I think that's what you just gotta do. You got to play through the whistle. You gotta play two and through the whistle. And in that play there was a lot of assumptions going on and you can't assume in this game. It'll it'll bite you in the button. I'm sure that's a tough lesson for young winters. But uh, he'll get in and he'll be better for it.
Speaker 1: And finally, we just watched him to night. On Monday Night Football, the Baltimore Ravens put on a very solid performance. It look like they're back on the right track. Derrick Henry running the ball like crazy and Lamar Jackson looking like his MVP self. The Baltimore Ravens are the biggest threat to the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC.
Speaker 2: Bye it or so oh by that, oh buy that and depending Ohio shakes out, though MITCHELLI, it's a weird year, so it may not shake out like it did last year where they don't meet into the nf AFC Championship Game. They may meet before then. You know this Division race for the AFC North is up for grabs. Obviously, Pittsburgh. You know, Russell played really well. You know, George Pickens made some incredible catch, his best game I think of his career, his young career. But if they're not undefeated, if the Houston Texans get on the run, you know, and they can somehow sneak in and get that two seed and get opposite side of the Kansas City Chiefs, I think things get really interesting. I think you may run into a situation in Baltimore, Raven. I mean, more than likely they'll play Houston, but you could run into a situation they stumble somewhere and they end up playing the Kansas City Chiefs in the divisional, which would be, you know, not great for the NFL. I'm sure they will want to see him inn AFC Championship. But yeah, I think they're the greatest threat to them, and I think that's going to be a fun game to watch whenever we could see it.
Speaker 1: Richard, you're going to La this Thursday. It's time for our TNF preview presented by Prime Video. The Vikings, fresh off of loss against my Detroit Lions, are going to be hungry going across the country to take on the La Rams, who are in desperate need of a win. Vegas has got this as a three point Minnesota Viking favor. Your thoughts on this game, Richard. The Vikings coming off the bye week, you know, in a huge environment at home against the Detroit Lions lose. I mean, what do you expect to see out of them this Thursday? Is they take on the Rams and what appears to be a must win situation for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is, let's win situation for the Rams. But I got the Minnesota Vikings winning that game. You know, it's it is a trap game on a short week. And so you know, your boy, Stafford, if you're gonna if you're gonna have a you know, no hope game, and your team has no chance of winning this game, and you got Matthew Stafford at the helm, that's the only chance you got. That's a that's a very dangerous club, Mitchell, because he I think he likes to be the underdog more than he likes to be the favorite. He likes to have no hope. Hey, take out all my star receivers, back up old line, you know, backup running back, banged up defense perfect. I'm gonna shred and he's gonna probably throw for three point fifty if they can protect him. And that's a big if because Brian Flores is gonna be bringing a lot of pressure and so he may end up. You know, this is gonna be an ice bag game for him because I think they're getting a little healthier on the offensive line. I think they might be getting one player back, but they're still banged up. They're young. Flora's is gonna be bring pressure from a lot of different angles. They're gonna pop out and play too, pop out and play man to man, give him a lot of different looks. I think Cooper Cup is gonna be his first game back. There'll be a a little bit of rust there, but if he's able to if they have any chance, it's gonna because Matthew Stafford is just a gunslinger who's seen a lot of football, who's played a lot of football, and he can get it done. But I expect Minnesota Vikings to get back on track and get back in the win.
Speaker 1: Calf Well, that's this week's TNF preview, presented by Prime Video, and be sure to watch the Vikings take on the Rams this Thursday only on Amazon Prime. Richard's gonna be there. I know you're excited to stay on that West coast for this Thursday, Richard. Before we sign off, this is a very critical part of the podcast. And I gotta know, I mean, the Richard Sherman power ranks have always been a little you know, you've given some love. The Detroit Lions you have been more hesitant tend to give love, but I think they deserve it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see where you stack up. Give us our top five.
Speaker 2: Well, number five the Detroit line. Uh, well, well, we'll go with the Kansasty Chiefs are undefeated, continued to find ways to win games. We've talked about that extensively. Number two, Mitchell Detroit. Uh, Baltimore looked really good today. Mitchell, they looked really good today. Uh. Number two, I'll go with the Detroit Lions, and and Roy knows I don't want to give it to you with Jui City here. Three, I gotta go with the Baltimore Ravens. They're playing really great football. They you know, Lamar Jackson looks really good, Derek Hemery looks good at their defense. If obviously Marlon Humphreys being injured is a big deal, but young Corner is playing really good. Four we're going Houston Texans. I still think they're going to be uh in a class of their own in this division. Five is tricky. Five is tricky. There's a number of teams, green Bay Packers being one that I want to put in five. Minnesota Vikings, you know, who were two in my power rankings and they lost to three. And if this was college football and SCC, if two loses to three, there'll probably be four, you know, but I'll put them at five. The Minnesota Vikings. I still think they're one of the top teams in the league.
Speaker 1: I can absolutely respect that. Well, Richard, this can close what we already through week seven of the season. Please sign us off my front.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for joining us. We hit one hundred and fifty thousand subs on YouTube. It means so much to us. Thank you, every single one of us, for all your love, all your support. Every second that you're listening means something to us. So you have a beautiful, blessed day. We'll see you next week. The volume