Speaker 1: They say life is the greatest teacher, because first you take the test and then you learn the lesson. So then why don't we have more patience? Then why are we allowing ourselves to be subject to anxiety instead? Why aren't we making space essentially giving ourselves grace to learn, to improve, to reflect, to experience something that we've never experienced. In fact, it's almost as though we put ourselves in this sense of insanity because we do the same thing, expecting different results, and then sometimes expecting different results while doing the same things, or perhaps nothing at all. Listen, the fact of the matter is is that you're going to make mistakes. You're not perfect. You are what be called human, just like the rest of us. So what kind of measurement or what kind of ridicule are you holding yourself with? When I think about and I think about space, I think of possibility, and I think of opportunity, and I think oftentimes we strike ourselves out of a situation because perhaps we feel as though we're not enough, perhaps we don't feel like we deserve another chance, or perhaps we've looked to our left and are right. We looked at what's in front of us, and definitely have looked what's behind us and said, hey, and why not worthy? Well, I'm here to remind you God ain't done. We just getting started. It made me think of the track God Ain't Done. It's by Miles Minnick, Sam Rivera and DJ Molsky. Sometimes you got to bring God in your situation and realize that it's not meant for you to handle it all by yourself. Now you say, don well wait a minute, what if I'm not religious? Hold up, slow down, Jim Shoe. I'm not talking about religion. I'm talking about a faith or a belief, something I side of you, whatever that piece that's saying you know what, it's gonna be good or what is that piece that you realize is that there's nothing more than you can do. So guess what. You gotta sit back so you can be good. You gotta remind yourself my God ain't done. We just getting started. And when you invite God or another entity outside of you where you are not in control, well you can say, if my God's in it, then you know is big because it's outside of you. So remember, and I quote, God ain't done with you, even if they try to cancel you out, and even that's that person as you all right, it's that damn Dawn like the break of day, and you're tuned in to Vitamin D Live. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome a Vitamin D it's a pun off my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insight and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get your right.
Speaker 2: In, Mandy, right with me, and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: Happy first day, Oh child, I'm feeling like a new woman. Hey, miss mine, I see you on Facebook? How you doing over there? I want to welcome anybody else that is tuning in watching on live. I am saying, hey, look, I don't know how to ask. I got my hair done. Why is it we feel as though we are a new person. You get your hair done, you get your hair cut, you get those nails done, you get your new outfit, your new shoes. You might be riding around in your new car with a fresh wash. You just feel like a new thing.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: It had been a minute. But honey, I feel snolched and I feel good. I hope you're doing good, and I hope you had a moment to listen to the vitamin D and realize that God ain't done with you yet. I don't know what you've experienced of what you're going through, but I hear a lot of people keep talking about, well, life is lifing, life been lifing? And what do I say? If you fall down seven times, you get up eight If you can look up, you can get up. Your location is not your destination. We got Alvin Innaviilds and Hello, Passa. I'm so excited about this conversation that I'm gonna bring to you today. I got some information from the news desk, of course, I got some resources that you all have emailed me and texted me, and in case, Vitamin D at dawn daispeaks dot com resources and information with the community that can be for us by us, And I got a Vitamin D advice letter. And then after that, I'm opening up the phone lines because I got something I want to talk about now. If you are following me on Facebook, you perhaps seeing me post up a video. I want to talk about trauma. I want to talk about conversation. I want to talk about the whole idea of us living in a space where we aren't necessarily talking about what's going on with us, and as a result of that, that is causing generational curses. As a result of that, we realize that we have various relationships in our lives that are experiencing some sort of tension simply because we haven't talked, simply because we haven't addressed the mess. So I don't know who here right now, But if you want to have a conversation with some real people right now, then I'm saying I need you to pull up on me, okay, please. I want to make room for you, just like you've made room for me. And I gotta call it gratitude, So I hope you enjoyed this episode. Thank you so much. Hey Latasha, I see you girl, Tasha, coming from a long beach in the house. I read your information and I have to remember to read it again. I have my PSA packet. All right, guys, so thank you so much. I am going to jump right in from front of the news desk because I have some information and some stories to talk about. We're talking about what's happening in our nation, what's happening in our state, or perhaps what's happening with a person near you now something that has happened recently. You remember the story that was reported of the twenty six year old woman who was at Disneyland. She got arrested in front of her children. The children were crying profusely saying are you to me? Which has helped me in Spanish. All of this was captured on video. All of this was plastered on social media. I'm talking about folks. Have the pictures, I mean, the happiest place on earth and you have children crying with their mother. Many have raised the idea of what Dawn Well not doing? Other person people conversation, was the arrest necessary? Well? On the heels of that story, I have something else for you. This was just announce I was on KTLA Disneyland is bringing back discounts on kids tickets. That's right. Beginning October twenty second, guests can purchase kids tickets for as low as fifty dollars and this is per child, per day, and this is valid from January seventh through March twenty twenty Sorry March twentieth, twenty twenty five. Now the ticket deals available for children's age three two nine. Guests can also upgrade the tickets to the park Hopper tickets or add on additional services like Lightning Lane, the Multi Pass and formerly known as Disney Jeanie. Now currently, two day, one day park passes have started as low as one hundred and fifty five dollars per day, while kids three day one park pass tickets have started its cost as one hundred and thirty dollars a day now. As I reported with the previous woman that's twenty six year old. Remember she was trying to sneak her kids under, so they say, and they were over the age of three, so that's something. Also. I don't know if you guys have been looking around but we know that we are on the heels of the Olympics right and as a result of that, we are cleaning up the streets of LA. All the individuals that are part of the unhoused community are finding what they want called home. This area, this space is no more.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I've shared with you all that I am doing some live hosting basically on the TikTok on the tic Lord am I getting there? Jesus, I'm shunning anyway. I do luxury bag selling and all times I do shoe selling. I see all that to say, at this location where I'm working at, usually there has been a whole row of unhoused people and it is kind of like your own neighborhood. And I've recently seen I was just there earlier today and it's all cleaned up. The question has become, where are they going to go? Well, one city in California is no longer eligible to receive state housing and homelessness funds pull up. This is according to KTLA. The city of Norwalk is no longer eligible to receive state housing and homelessness funds after the State Department of Housing and Community Development revoked its compliance with the Housing Element Law Additionally, the city can no longer deny certain affordable housing projects, and this is according to Governor Gavin Newsman. Now. The announcement comes weeks after the city extended its mortuarian more moratorier child by on emergency shelters for the homeless, single room occupancy and transitional housing now. A day earlier, Governor Gavin Newsom threatened the city with a potential lawsuit if the ordinance wasn't reversed. Now, it says, after the state has provided cities and counties with unprecedented funding to address the homelessness crisis, it is beyond cruel that Norwalk would ban the building of shelters while people are living on the city streets. This crisis is urgent and we can't afford to stand by as communities turn their backs on those in need. No more excuses. Every city, including Norwalk, must do its part to allow state housing laws. What do you think about that? How do you feel about that? Now? We know that we got because a small justice. Big smiles who was on the meet with FM Dow who was very candid about his experience of being unhoused in the community, and now he has a thing where he does if I spotted my got him. He sees somebody with our shoes, clothes, hats, sneakers, and he's going to go ahead and provide that with them. But here's the question. We have to realize in some areas. I'm not saying that we've heard a lot in LA, but there are individuals who are unhoused who are attacking individuals. Some individuals are being sexually assaulted. If I'm not mistaken, I was just reading a story or I came across it. A woman who was sexually assaulted an unhoused guy who was mentally unstabled had sexually assaulted more than two. I believe it was three elderly women women that came forth and reported it. Now here's the question. We can't leave our people out on the street. Okay, that's what we know for sure. Now, if we have funding and we have housing in place, and individuals don't want to go to the housing, don't want to stay in the housing, what are we supposed to do? Because we have to realize that each said and visual or some at least are an adult, They have their free will. They have to report up there if they want, and if times they don't. So what do we do in this instance? What does this look like? Now? This Norwalk City Council adopted the ordinance on August sixth, putting the moretarium on various establishments, including emergency shelters along with transitional and supportive housing. Now, in September, the City Council voted to extend it without discussion. Before city council members voted on the extension, HCDS sent city officials a notice of violation and corrective action letter regarding the ordinance. So this is something to think about.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Another thing that's thinking about now, this is basically happening on the East Coast and probably happening with us a lot, but especially when we get our inboards. We've all heard about the strikes that's happened in the docks right where the workers are demanding more pay and if they aren't working, all of our goods are on delay. As a country where a lot of materials, products, goods are imported, what happens if it stops before it gets to us? Have you thought about what that looks like for food, for clothing, for jobs. Like I said before, I was talking where I do the live hosting for the bags and we were in there and they were talking about the fact there was an issue because a lot of the luxury bags that we're getting in, well, they're getting stopped at the docks. The union representing forty five thousand striking US DOC workers at East and Gulf Coast ports has reached a deal to suspend a three day strike until January fifteen to provide time to negotiate a new contract. The union, the International Longshoremen's Association, is to resume working immediately, I said immediately. Both sides also reached agreement on wages, but no details were given now. According to a statement from the Ports and Union Thursday night, the union went on strike early Tuesday after its contract expired in a dispute overpay and the automation of tasks at the ports from Maine to Texas. The strike came at the peak of the holiday shopping season at thirty six ports that handle about half the cargo from ships coming into and out of the United States. Say what now. The walkout raised the risk of shortages of goods on store shelves if it lasted more than a few weeks, but also retailers had stocked up or shipped its items early in anticipation of the work stoppage. Now, the strike came at the peak of the holiday season. Like I just said, it raised Oh oh, that was redundant. So yes, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you were a tuned or tuned in what was this on Tuesday? Did you hear the audio I played of the whistleblower? You don't know what I'm talking about. Listen all what I'm saying is that needs to be some sort of wake up call. If you don't believe, you better ask somebody or ask somebody else. Now, I was wondering if we were on the fence because of what was happening at the docks, if there was more stuff going on. I am going back in my phone right now and I'm going to play this audio. A whistle blower from the FBI had an important message for folks, an important message that some people might get a little nervous. Some people like to get a little scared. But listen, don't say I and tell yourself. This whistle blower is urging that Americans to vote for one arm themselves, stock up three to four months of food and supplies, and most importantly, pray, take a listen.
Speaker 5: I would just say that I consider the hearing today my last active service as a public servant for the United States of America. Was an intel professional for our country for many years, and I would give recommendations and not also look at indications and warnings. So I would offer this to the American people as my warning to them, says, this is a warning is the American people, I say, I personally have no confidence that the FBI will rein in its own conduct. I've been persecuted along with Garrett, Steve and Kyle and countless other whistleblowers. It is my opinion that the bureau used a reprisal and fear to control the workforce, and it's been a seemingly effective tactic. I personally believe that there are no current effective checks and balances against them conducting lawless action with any type of correction in a legitimate time frame. Their ability to overclassify information can allow them to stonewall forever. Arm yourself and know how to defend yourself. Make three to four friends in your neighborhood and promise to come to each other's mutual aid in times of hardship and during the great depression, people stocked up a pantry. So I think that's a good practice, especially in our economic times, and make sure you have three to four months of food. As a person of faith, I'd say pray the Rosary, go to the first Friday devotions that's for everybody, and read the Gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and live it every day.
Speaker 1: Did you catch it? Did you catch it because it's hired. This is the kind of conversations we need to be a realistic with. These are the things that we need to talk about, especially when it comes about our livelihood, when it comes about our community, there is always something underlining. So how does that make you feel? When you get moments when you got things happen at the dock. Now, granted it has been suspended since January, but it's no secret what they're talking about with the food. It's no secret. While Governor Gavin Newsom just did a recall and signed a bill that said, hey, we cannot sell any more food that candains red dyed number forty and five other chemicals, it's nothing shocking that you got individuals of young kids doing breakouts, losing their lives because they eating ramen noodles. Wake up everybody normal sleeping bend dunnam. I don't know the rest, but it's time to wake up. How does that make you feel? Okay? Well, if that doesn't wake you up enough, we know that the holiday seasons are abound, and here is something to talk about. Did you know that Southern California police seized nearly ten thousand stolen gift cards? Pull up because you might be purchased at a gift card and ain't nothing on it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Police in southern California have uncovered a scam in which thousands of gift cards were stolen from stores across the region. In a post on Instagram on Wednesday, the Chino Police Department said an arrest was made after an investigation into a large scale scam was wrapped up. While working with security terms and law law and local law enforcement agencies, the department discovered the thefts occurred that more than two hundred and fifty department stores across San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Sand dig in Orange Counties in just one month span. Now upon execution of the search, warns about nine thousand, five hundred stolen gift cards were seized. A photo was shared by Chino Police, showed stacks of stolen gift cards from stores like Target, Normstrom, the Home Depot, lu, Lul, Lemon, and epay. Now. The suspects was only identified as an individual from Elmonte. Was arrested on suspicion of multiple charges and was booked in County jail.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The Chino Police Department warned shoppers to be careful when purchasing gift cards. If their cards packaging appears to be tampered with, or if the pensticker on the back has been removed, there is a likelihood that the card may be part of a scam. Well, I be damned, say what, say what? Wake up everybody? No one will sleeping in bed? Who would have a You know, you have so many ways that you gotta think off for things when it comes to the scam, I mean damned if it ain't no resources, you call yourself being really nifty. Giving somebody an opportunity to purchase what they need for their birthday, for they hollibate day, for their celebration, Oh what have you? And there's nothing on the car Now, I'm just wondering, how did the brother slip up? How did they come across all these dang gonna gift cars. I mean, we talking about over ten thousand, and let's just really think about this Arab we're talking about Lululemon, were talking about Northstrum. Now what they did not say? Hold on what they did not say? What was the damn cash value? Okay, I want to know how much money was on the table, because when you talk about a norsetrum, you can get up to the thousands. Well no, he got for at least five on it. And they got called like, yo, you just be slipping, you falling, you can't get up. I sing, I'm slipping, I'm falling. I got to get it. You know I'm slipping. I'm falling. I got to get it. I don't know. I just start going off. Nobody would have talked to me about any of these stories. It is a crying Shane. You don't want to hear from you. Call me in the studio, Call me in the studio right now? Who want to call me? Call me in a studio, Miss Mayan, She says, crying Shane. Uh huh, it is a crying Shane. I got Alvin in here. Alva said, say what the app didn't pick up what your emoji was and how long to my aunt Brenda. She recently celebrated the birthday the Big seven five. Y'all throw us some birthday case from my aunt Brenda in the house, and I want to encourage you to call me in the studio if you have any comments on the stories I just read eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Let me know your thoughts. Put some comments on her. I gave you a couple of stories. We're talking about in Norwalk. They're they're they're they're taking away the funds when it comes down to those who aren't housed. I just told you about Disneyland. They want ahead and said, hey, now we're going to offer a discount on kids tickets. This is on the heels of the recent story about the twenty six year old woman who I told you got escorted out of Disneyland in handcuffs as her kids was crying. Say what, let me know what you want. Are you concerned? Are you concerned what's happening over at the dock with the goods. Has your business been affected? I mean it was only two days, but some people already felt the shock. Now I told you they are suspending this up until January fifteenth. Then we're gonna have a new conversation. So then the question becomes, are you stocking up and doing what you gotta do? Hey, man, Die, thank you so much. Uh call me in the studio, y'all. I want to hear from you. Don't be screwed. Eight one eight four six one fifty four to thirty two. I told you we back Dawnde here to make it do what it do. Hey, how now, let me get to some resources. Where's my cell follow net? Miss Felicia. She went ahead and texted me a message really quickly. Oh, I just saw your message, Alvin. I just picked up my phone. I want to give out some information. You know. I'm all about making sure that if you are in the community, if you have some good news, if you have some resources, to make sure we share well. Coming up this Saturday. This is in Los Angeles. I don't know if Chuck is here. Chuck, you usually give me the information that's happening in the South. My phone is froze real quick. But AnyWho, this Saturday, Fanny lou Hammer birthday celebration and voter education event is happening right off of Crenshaw next to the McDonald's forty to seventy six Crenshaw Boulevard. There will be light refreshments. It's happening between four and six now we have of the Fanny lou Hammer Institute. The director Achille will be there as well as a poetry performance from Yasmin Mone Watkins. Now I recognize her from the social medias. I don't know why am I saying up? Social media is y'all?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: But yes, I got her information from the social media and I've been looking at her poetry. But there is a voting event that is happening taking place. Also, is Latasha still here? Latasha said, coming from the LBC, sent over some information and regarding Sunshine Community Resource Organization. This is an organization in Long Beach. If you're in Long Beach pull up. They offer services that can help with supervise child visitation, monitoring, mobile AHA BLS and CPR certification course, domestic violence classes, parenting skills, life skills, anger management classes, food giveaway, mobile live scanning, fingerprinting, mobile drug testing, registered process server, court mandated community service hours ordained Minister Services, chemical dependency classes and free California ID application for low income clients. This is happening right down in Long Beach at the Sunshine Community Resource Organization. Our girl, Latasha says, I'm here. She pulls up. Tasha, call me real quick, because don't act like I wasn't with you during the holiday and I came down there to the community center myself. Can you call me in the studio, call me in the studio and tell the good people about the work that you're doing. You made sure that you sent me this information on Tuesday and said, Dawn, can you please list this out and shout this out to the listeners and the viewers. Well, I want you to call me right now. Eight one age four six one fifty four thirty two. Don't be shine. Eight one age four six, one fifty four thirty two. She said, Okay, I am, She said, okay, I am. Oh, and this must be heard. Hey Gray, talk to me, Hey, don how are you well? I'm good, not that I'm hearing from you. How you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm blessing how they favorite like the rest?
Speaker 1: You better talk that talk. It's good to hear.
Speaker 6: Yes, I heard you. I can barely hear you just a little bit. Can you stick up a little bit louder?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me see. Can you hear me better now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? A little bit better?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're working on what we got to do with the equipment. But I know everybody can hear you well. Can you tell me the good information you got in regards to Sunshine Community Resource Organization?
Speaker 6: So well everyone. We provide services to everyone no matter what from Lancaster to the Long Beach area. Some services are free and some services you may have to pay us fee, but we're always doing a full giveaway on a fourth Thursday of every month. We teach, as Donde said, CPR, Supervised Vegetation MONITORND do messy violence for the batter and the victim. We also help out with housing. If you guys would like to go to the website to help you out better, you can go to www dot Sunshine Community to zero one five dot o RG. Can everybody get it myself either?
Speaker 1: So yes? Can you hear yourself now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I can hear now?
Speaker 1: Okay, sun Community, I got that downww.
Speaker 6: Dot Sunshine Community to zero one five dot org. And thank you so much Donza for coming out to give out toys to the children with us. We're looking forward to seeing you this year. We have a Christmas toy giveaway you guys with Donze that's going to be pregnant on December twentieth. Please mark your calendar December to twenty up from twelve to five. The address will be four O one seven Long Beach Boulevard, Long Beach, Califoya, nine zero eight O seven once again four oh four oh one seven Long Beach Boulevard, Long Beach, California, nine oh eight O seven are feel free to reach me as well on my self, Eric Coach Fix two six six one seven oh three oh nine once again Fix two six six one seven oh three oh nine. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Please tell a friend thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, well, that was a that was a commercial in itself. I heard that. I know. Oh God, you better catch it Wallace. Oh my gosh. Well, thank you so much. We're gonna be talking about more stuff for commercial later. But thank you, Natasha, thank you, and I guess I'm gonna be saying you all on December twentieth.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, and can you help us out again pass out the toys?
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I would love to.
Speaker 6: Okay, then thank you, Dona. I'm gonna allow back yet.
Speaker 4: All right, have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Die by my, oh my gosh. And there it is, Natasha. We're gonna be doing something, you know. Yes, I did pull up, oh man, and I just want to thank Natasha so much for believing in me, having me come up to the kids. It was an extreme joy. And if that's not enough, I have some more information. A great organization. We are thirty days away. The African American Male Wellness Agency is handling and hosting their third annual Black Men's Wellness Day. Will be employing our black men to know your numbers, because when you know better, you can do better, and therefore you can be better. The fact of the matter is is that black men are dying from preventable diseases. And guess what you can be part of the solution. Come out to Jesse Owen's Park, yes, the Michelle and Barack Obama Sports Complex also known as Rancho Sienega Park on November two at seven am seven am between twelve pm for Black Men's Wellness Day. You can walk for your dad, your brother, your uncle, your nephew, whomver, even your son. This is a free family event. KJLH will be out there, The LA Sentinel will be out there. We got black pages that are going to be out there. LA Focus is going to be out there. Johnson and Johnson's is going to be out there. I mean, this is the most fun that you will have at a doctor's appointment. And guess what, you're a walking. You are having fun in order to save your life. Each one teach one will guess what each one reach one. And that's happening on Saturday, November Teco. Now. The reason why I'm so excited about this organization is that I had them on the FM DOW. I'm doing some work with Jay Barnes, who is in the chat. If you don't see just scroll down you'll see his name. Make sure you contact and you reach out because if you know somebody that needs to know somebody, well let's help somebody. And I got another thing. There's a real man, real talk that's happening October seventeenth. We know that men are suffering from emotional distress twenty percent more than their counterparts. And you need somebody to talk to, my brother, somebody that can understand you, somebody that speaks the language that you speak, that can look you in the eyes and say I got you. October seventeenth. I'll make sure I put the link in the chat. But this is all happening with the Africanamerican Male Wellness Agency, and I want to give you the website so that you can find more information about it. It's La dot AA Wellness dot org. Okay, that's La dot AA Wellness dot org. You see Jbarnes. Hit them up, stalk them, tell them that Dawn Day sent you. Okay. In fact, Jade, I guess we can need to talk about you coming up on here so you can talk about the walk. Okay, so you know it's the real deal. Now, mister officer, missus officer, are you looking for a John. If you are, I got some information for you. R and B Global Security is now accepting applications Monday two Friday, between eight am to two thirty pm, located down in Long Beach at thirty thirteen fifty five Redundo Avenue, Sweet nine. Now, you'll need to bring some documents with you. You'll need a valid ID, You'll need your Social Security card, you will need your guard card and your certification. If you have any questions, or to schedule an appointment, feel free to contact three one zero four three eight three zero four four. Again that's three one zero four three eight three zero four four. Now, I don't know if we got any senior citizens in the house. We know the guys the rent is too damn high, But how about them damn bills too? I got something for you. Now, seniors, you have to be sixty years old and plus. Do you need help with your utility bills? Well, if you need some help with your ladw and so called bill, well, we have some discounts available. How they can help you apply for some rebates and apply for financial assistance to pay them. Okay, this is happening in Van nine's up in the valley. The address is seventeen four hundred seventeen four hundred Victory Boulevard. The ZIP gold is nine one four zero six, nine one four zero six. You'll need to bring a few items, okay, So tell loved one one. You need a current state ID or a driver's license, both current bills, your electric and your gas bill. We need to put the proof in the pull in. Don't give anything that does not have all the pages. Third rent, we need a proof of your mortgage receipt, your most current we need to know and I keep saying we they need to know how much you're going to be paying and the proof of your current household income. Again, want to be sure to help those in need, those who cannot help themselves. This is for our senior citizens who need help playing their gas and electric bills. Now, this is in partnership with LADWP And if you need the information, I would like for you to call eight one eight seven zero eight forty seven fifty nine. Again, that is eight one eight seven zero eight forty seven fifty nine or eight one eight seven zero eight sixty six oh three. That's eight one eight seven zero eight sixty six oh three. This is for any individuals who are needing a support, any type of help when it comes to their electric and their gas bill. And since we are in the month of October, there's a hiring spree happening. They say, if you stay ready, you don't have to get ready. Pull up family. It's happening on the October twenty fourth. What day is that, I don't know. I won't have my calendar. I need my calendar up because miss Felicia got stay focused on East Los Angeles Civic Center is hosting a hiring shopping spree from nine am to two pm forty eighth one East third Street in Los Angeles. The zip code is nine hundred and twenty two. Bring your resume and dress to impress. Nothing less but the best, hey. Now, what you can expect is to connect with employers, explore a variety of job openings on the spot interviews, get supportive help, and leave with opportunities. If you want information about that, check out the website hiring Spreela dot org. That's Hiring Spree LAI dot org. And this is sponsored by America's Works. Now. I gave this information a bit ago. And here's another verse binder. You know it's that time of year again, cold and flu season. If you had no idea, here is We are giving away COVID nineteen tests if you are going to sign up at the USPS dot com website. Each order includes four individual rapid antigen COVID nineteen tests, including the extended shelf life and updated expiration dates. Now orders will ship as early as the thirtieth I got mine on the first right when I came from the show on that Tuesday. It was at the dough. At first, I got excited because I was like, oh, you know when you see a package checker. I was saying, oh, who thought? I mean, girl, you thought of yourself? Okay, you thought of yourself. I need a repeat, I guess, Miss Mayan. This is when you call him as Mayan when you need to get updated off some information. This is where you call in say hey, Dawn, what was the information that you had for the hiring spree that is happening on October twenty fourth. Located at the East Los Angeles Civic Center. The address is four eight zero one East third Street, four eight zero one East third Street. The zip code is nine one hundred and twelve. Don't be shocked. Pull up on me and call me eight one eight four six fifty four thirty two. Come hey, mister Joe. Good evening to the Queen of morning radio. You know that made me feel good. You know we say we here for a good time, not a long time. Thank you for pulling up. So here's the formum one Tuesdays and Thursdays, Vitamin D Live five pm to six thirty until we get our morning show. Because we know what we're working on, right, You know what we got called here to do right? Uh so I want to let you know. Now I want to open up the phone lines. Anybody want to call me? Eight one eight to four six one fifty four thirty two, eight one eight fifty four thirty two. I gave you out some resources information. Next up, I got the Vitamin D advice letter. And then I want to open up the conversation. And I hope y'all call in because I feel like a couple of y'all can be affected or would be affected by this. I ran into an FM down listener. I went to go get my hair dead. We had a conversation when we're talking about traumas, h traumas and whether or not we are dealing with them, traumas, how they are affecting our lives, traumas of how we are going to grow with them. Oh, what's my arm? Get ready, y'all hold on to you, niggah. Hey, I Brenda hell.
Speaker 7: Darn dave done to the day after break of day to take some sunshine and some love.
Speaker 8: And some small loll smiles.
Speaker 9: Getting bigger and bigger as I talk to you. I'm calling from La Lord, Alabama.
Speaker 7: Eye to La Los Angeles. I just called.
Speaker 1: He said, holler at you girl, Hey, sister girl, love.
Speaker 10: You're doing great.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna shine out to love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, love you too. Thank you with you. I didn't mean to hang up, Bronda, I thought you were done. Never is my umbrada shot. She was in and out, in and out, in and out. That's my umbrenda. You see how we rhyme all the time. We drop it at the drop of a dime, and our lyrics and our words will blow your mind right in time with that sunshine. Don't be blind because I'm also fun. I only did that because my umbrenda. Okay, listen, are you all ready for this advice letter? Okay, uh you hear it. I need another jingle when it's time to go into the Vitamin D vice letter. But right now this is what we got subject how do I start living my life?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, Oh where I get my hair to shoot? They ought to pay me. I'll let you know. Offer here that on, my sister Charlotte, you right in time? You not too. Let I'm about to do this advice letter and then let's pull up to see if you if you're a viround. Around nine o'clock, nine o'clock, Give me ten minutes to get this letter, Charlotte, and then we can still do what we got to do. Babe. Let's jump into this advice letter subject how do I start living my life? Oh? I forgot When I get to this advice and letter, know that it's all about vitamin D. Vitamin D is all about shedding the light on the good and the bad. Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, when you're going to have to be able to see better. That means you're gonna have to get out the shadows. That means you're gonna have to step in the light. That means you're gonna have to eat the meat and spin out the bones. Understand that these are my views and opinions. Take what you need and keep it moving. Dear Dawn. So I'm thirty two, decent job, live in a small town in the Midwest. I have a good amount of savings, a relationship that could be healthier. She thinks I don't emote enough and I don't do it just fine. But I feel comfortable and things are good sometimes. Really, I feel like I've evolved into working our debt delved into working barely maintaining social contacts and watching shows in my free time could be the pandemic that was the effect, but also feel like this could last longer. I feel unfulfilled and alone. How do I really start living life? Honey, It's time to wake up now. I want to make room and make space because we all handle and deal with things differently. Twenty twenty is when we embarked on the pandemic. We're now in twenty twenty four. Wake up everybyde and Norm will sleep it and bed. If you want to be somebody and if you want to go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention. Now. I'm not saying this in the harsh way because you simply wrote in this letter that means that you are waking up. That means you are walking into the light. But you have to remind yourselves in the times that you don't you feel stuck. Remember, things function, but people live, and right now you're functioning with your day to day just existing. But I need you to live, strive for something, step out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: You say you got a decent job, but how about we make a great job. Oftentimes people are writ in or they call in for advice and they say, well, Dawn, how do I find out what I'm supposed to be? Oh, Dawn, what is it that I'm supposed to be doing? You gotta stretch out and reach You're gonna have to take a chance on yourself now. Men, oftentimes, if you've been a long time Vitamin D listener, can we be honest. It's no secret that you guys have been on the roller coaster ride with me. It's no secret that I've talked about the ups and the downs in the all the way around. But we have to remind ourselves the bottom of one heel is the top of the next. And just as though we are living and not functioning beings, well, let's just think of a pulse up down, Why would you think that your life would be any different? You do realize that you have survived one hundred percent of the worst days of your life. Again, why would today be any different? And if you didn't survive today, you wouldn't know what you But now what you do know is that you are doing the same thing day in and day out, and you realize that time is ticking. They say time is our most valuable asset. Once it's spent, it's gone forever. You can't get this time back, You can't get this youth back, you can't get this state of your mind back. So when are you gonna show up and step up and grow up? You start living by doing things you feel afraid. You start living by doing things you've never done before. You start living by forgiving yourself. Should we really talk on that for a minute. I think oftentimes things that get us stuck in not living is simply because we haven't stepped out of our comfort zone, simply because we have been in Parihlyasi's afear. If a caterpillar was so afraid to stretch out of this encasement of darkness, enclosure, we would never see the wonders in the beauty of a butterfly. If a tadba was so comfortable by being this little table just swimming in the water, he never would what it means to jump on it, jump on it to hop to the next thing. And we have beings that are physically able, and this is not going to anybody that has any stipulations didn't under stand the concept of walk, crawling to walk, to run, then how would you know it's going to require you to exercise some muscles, and it's going to require you to be uncomfortable because the magic happens outside of the comfort zone. The best thing that you can do is take a chance on yourself because you have more confidence and in fact that this job is going to provide you for your needs the next day in and out, not realizing at the end of the day you are just a number. Are we having a real conversation and if we know that the only way out is down, you best believe I'm gonna live it while I can. So here's what I say to you, darling, thirty two year old, decent job living in a small town in Midwest. Well, I'm a Detroit girl, and I had to realize I had to take a chance on myself. And what that first looked like. I went to Howard, no family, some people I went to high school with that I knew out there, and then I took a chance on myself. All I had was the promise of a fellow that was three months, but I knew the vision was either to move to New York, LA. And guess what, I moved to New York. I made it work. Then it came to me my time when that New York was up and I had this opportunity, this window. Think of it as my wind shield. I saw the sunny La. My sister would tell you. I was down in Vegas and she was celebrating her thirtieth and I said, I want to live someplace where there's beaches and palm trees. And I had to jump up. I jumped up to get up, and I moved to LA. And I've been making it working. Honey. We've had our ups and downs. Hey, we experienced it. And the best thing I can say is live. So how does that sound? Live your life, and living your life simply means taking a chance on yourself. So that's the first step. Now. I hope I didn't come off harsh in the beginning, because you're on the right path. I think the first step to say so he can get answer is first to ask the question and doing it so even if your voice shakes, Because what do I say, If you can look up, you can get up. If you fall down seven times, you get up eight And guess what your location is? Not your destination? Yeah, you're located in the Midwest right now, in this little city. But guess what it is so more over in Yonder. All right, all right, y'all, you all ready to have a conversation. Call me in the studio right now, Call me in the studio. Here's the number. Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Eight one, eight four six one fifty four thirty two. Now, I was interested in having a conversation, a conversation that spearheaded just for some coincidences of what happened on uh yesterday or the during the day. And then I got home and I was talking to my sister and it really evoked another conversation, and I wanted to bring it to the Vitamin D family. Now, listen, some things are gonna get uncomfortable just by the looks of it. We got people that are on different generational timelines. So what we did in one generation may be different from the next. But who's to say which one is best. Now Charlotte is still driving, and I want her to be safe. I don't want her to be talking on the phone while driving. If we don't we do it all the time. But if she were comfortable, I would say come and but it's fine, we're on the go. But what I want to talk to you about today. There's no secret. Life is life and for a lot of folks out here. Okay, I was talking, Charlotte said, I can talk. Okay, y'all want to talk to my sister. I'm gonna call her right now now. She's driving. Luckily, I know she'll be able to hear me. Let's just see how this goes. I'm calling Charlotte right now, y'all hear the phone ringing? Hold on one second, Chuck, Yeah, Hello, Hello, is this Carlota? Oh? Is the service bad?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 4: I coming in clearly?
Speaker 1: Now I can hear you. Is this safe to talk to you while you're driving on the road?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 1: I'm all right, Well we cut at the right time. I'm glad you told me. Now. At any point, if it does come back, just let me know if you can't hear me.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm getting a little feedback.
Speaker 1: And so, oh did you cut off the Facebook? Are you still watching me on Facebook? Well?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am. Let me cut off there, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cut off off the Facebook. You gotta cut off the Facebook.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I was gonna have it where because I'm hoping when the caller's calling, you should be able to hear. We should be good. We're working okay, So now is there any feedback? Now everything's okay, perfect. So now we're in the last thirty minutes of the show. And so I was briefly teasing how I had a conversation or how we were talking last night, and we talked about an array of things. We talked about trauma, what it was like, whether or not folks talked about it, and the whole idea of talking too much and telling your business but being able to lie into positivity with ourselves. I'm going everywhere, Charlotte, help me out here.
Speaker 3: All we talked about self talk and how self talk you have to There are five steps, and please don't quote me. I don't have all the steps, but once you get through the steps, it is telling.
Speaker 4: Yourself I am great.
Speaker 3: Even if you don't think you're great. You keep telling yourself until you believe it. Or I have quit a habit where there it's smoking or eating sweets. I don't eat those anymore. I don't desire those things anymore. And if you do, is still desire those things. So that's what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it stemmed over because I had once to get my hair to everybody like ding you got your hair? Yes, I went to Joel Off. If you didn't catch it too late, I'm not giving free advertising. We need to talk about payment later anyway. And I came across f FM dial listener April, and I hadn't seen her in a while, and I said, you know how you doing? She said, life has been lifing and that has been a tagline that so many of us have experienced, that life is life and and it's just, without going too much in information, a relationship somebody near and dear with to her, it was strained and she was working on repairing it, and she realized there was so much friction between this relationship because of this said individual, This loved one was actually depressed, actually grew up in some trauma. And we talked about how the self talk correlates with that is more so because one being honest about what we've experienced. Two on when life is not feeling its best, how do you put yourself in the self talk to make sure that you can optimistically go throughout. But here's the thing, Charlotte, a lot of us aren't talking now. I know that you studied psychology in school, so you have a bit of a background on that. What is your thoughts on that? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: I think the hardest thing to do is looking in the mirror and admitting your faults and when.
Speaker 4: You were wrong.
Speaker 3: And I heard you talk about forgiving ourselves and also forgiving others. Sometimes they're when we start unpacking things, there are things that come.
Speaker 4: Up that we had no idea that we're there.
Speaker 3: And I often liking it to like I don't know, going on vacation and you come home, maybe you leave your suitcase for a few days. Some people unpack as soon as they get home. Some people wait a minute and you start unpacking that suitcase and next thing.
Speaker 4: You know, you find a shirt that you forgot you had.
Speaker 3: Maybe you looked forward and put it behind, But now this shirt is there. And that's the same thing with our emotions and dealing with the man or woman in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Now, for those who are listening and even those who are watching right now, y'all didn't have to pack a bag before. Right, you've went on vacation, you've traveled somewhere. Now you've gotten back to said start wherever you start at, whether that's home, and you've left the suitcase on the ground because you don't feel like getting into it. Perhaps you're in a brush, you got something else to do, and you realize it just stays stuck in there, and you're constantly trying to find stuff, throwing stuff around, moving things around, trying to find something. Heck, you probably even forgot that you got things right there. It's collecting dust, it's getting in the way, it's causing clutter, and most importantly, it's causing confusion.
Speaker 3: Can anybody do that with our emotions? Sorry to interject, We do that with our emotions often.
Speaker 1: Hey, uncle Michael, Yes, we do this, so with emotions. Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because it's hard to face the things that bother us. It's hard to face it's hard to be honest with yourself and say, you know what, I shouldn't have done that, or you know what I was wrong? And this year especially I know with myself. I've we talked about this last night. Just being vulnerable, it's uncomfortable. It feels naked. It's like walking outside without your clothes on. And whereas for some that could be freeing, for others you feel completely exposed and that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Who wants to be uncomfortable? I certainly don't.
Speaker 3: But in order to grow, we have to The most beautiful things go through the most pressure.
Speaker 4: We've all heard that before. Diamonds.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at am. I can't think of the flower, but it grows in the mud.
Speaker 1: Oh it is. I was thinking of the rolls that think from the concrete, but I don't know about the flowers that concrete.
Speaker 3: There are a different things that go through a lot, and they're some of the most beautiful things. Some of the most beautiful and colorful things are the most poisonous.
Speaker 4: I want to go down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 3: But just highlighting the fact that we, like you said, life is lifing, and when life gets to lifing, we have to look at ourselves.
Speaker 4: And say, hey, what do I need to do differently?
Speaker 3: And sometimes those things catch up with us and it's decisions that we've made, things that we said, people that we've let go, or people we need to let go. And it can get rough, it gets tough, but that's when you really have to pull your bootstraps on and sometimes it's hard and say I'm going to be intentional about today and I'm going to do this today and set yourself up for success.
Speaker 1: And doing that self talk that you initially talked about about being delusional. What it is that you want? You gotta be outside of your mind for your dreams. When you're looking around and with the results that you cannot see, you got to rely on them. Vision. What is that vision? What is that moment? What does that serene feel that you feel when you've ualize the life that you want? And something else that you said, Uncle Mike Goldlanda, Linda Deborah, Everybody says they lovest thank you guys.
Speaker 4: What all?
Speaker 1: Charlotte says all? I think it's also a thing that we don't do enough. And I know we got a couple of generations on here, and I hope that you know we still have the phone lines open for anyone to call and join the conversation with Charlotte and I. It's eight one, eight four six fifty four thirty two. One thing that I don't feel as though we're talking about enough is the fact that there isn't enough talking. Growing up, you always say keep your business to yourself. Everybody ain't gotta know your business. Don't tell anybody your businesses. They gonna wish negativity on you. Now. I know we were talking about this there'sn't two folds of this. Ain't no sense of talking about the milk that been spilled over, especially if you wanted to be clean up. But at the same time, we need to visualize it cleaned up, act like it's cleaned up, walk and talk like it's cleaned up, so that it can be cleaned up. Charlotte can.
Speaker 4: Talk about it, clean it up.
Speaker 3: Like you said, there's no sense in crying over spilled milk. But at the same time, sometimes that's spilled milk, there's still some milk and the cracks and the crevices, and it starts to smell, and it's like, well, what is that?
Speaker 4: What is that? I smell something? Using an analogy, but I smell something. It's like I cleaned it up, but it's still there.
Speaker 3: Because you never You didn't you didn't clean you wiped it up just a little bit.
Speaker 4: You just grazed over it. You didn't get down on your knees and really scrub. So if we're if we're liking it.
Speaker 3: To to spilled milk, so when that milk spilled, we really got to get it up because we know milk can spit smell if it sits for too long.
Speaker 1: Yes, it can.
Speaker 3: It's really getting down to the nitty gritty and and and like going back to that suitcase. When you start unpacking things, then you realize, well that really bothers me, bothered me, and being brave enough, I know I have avoided conversations, things that have hurt me, things that have bothered me, people that for whatever reason. But that's not a healthy way of living because you're carrying you think you're getting rid of the baggage, but you're actually just carrying it with you into the next phase of life.
Speaker 1: Bad lady, I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, yes, bag lady, you you hurt joke back dragon dragging, nolling back like like.
Speaker 1: That, because I guess nobody was.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever told you.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I want to mess you up, but all you must hold on to is you. And I'm looking at a comment. I have a listener. If you are commented right now, Natasha Jackson, and longbe says in my time, this is nineteen seventy six. Children must be seen but not heard.
Speaker 4: And not heard and that is a that is a generational curse.
Speaker 1: That was heavy and I felt it because I was just talking to Eddie. You're over here, at the station, at the studio, at the office, and he was saying that at time, we lacked patience, so we wanted them the hush. So now we're in the area era where we have patients and we're asking children how they feel. But when they tell us, we still tell them, well, you're too young to understand.
Speaker 4: You know, why would you like to know why?
Speaker 1: I want to know why? Do y'all want to know why?
Speaker 3: Because we do not have the work, We don't understand. We haven't explored those feelings. So how can we teach somebody else to explore feelings that we haven't explored ourselves?
Speaker 1: Wake up, everybody, I didn't normal sleep in them beds.
Speaker 3: So as adults, if we want to impart that knowledge to our younger generations, we have to allow them. Oftentimes, I know my children, they are their emotional intelligence.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed with it a lot.
Speaker 3: And that's what a lot of us adults lack, is emotional intelligence, because we've been like we've been taught, well, you don't don't say stay in a child's place, Well, where is a child's place?
Speaker 1: Where is the damn child's play side?
Speaker 4: Now, of course you respect your elders.
Speaker 3: I believe in that, but at the same time, me respecting my elders and I know I'm gonna get some might get some pushback on this, but that doesn't mean I don't get to tell you how I feel.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: In a respectful way? Like I should be able My children should.
Speaker 3: Be able to come to me and say, you know, mommy, that bothered me and we have a conversation about it, instead of me being offended and saying, well, how dare you come to me as your mother and tell me something bothered you. I'm the adult in this situation when really you're just You're that's that scared child coming out being afraid to face something that you maybe you did wrong.
Speaker 1: And the last thing we want to hear is that something's wrong with us. Do you think perhaps that's even another reason why we don't talk to therapist, while we don't seek therapy, while we are afraid of counseling.
Speaker 4: And the stigma.
Speaker 3: Do you have to admit that you have a problem or something is bothering you, or something is wrong to even seek out speaking to another person about it and unpacking that suitcase that you know dog gone?
Speaker 4: Well, you should have unpacked weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing, Charlot, I love how you're using the analogy about this suitcase, because what we realize is that we keep carrying the baggage to every new chapter of our life, wondering why we keep hitting the same wall, wondering why we keep ourselves in the same situations, why we keep feeling the way we feel. And we said, dang, I've been going through this for how long? Well, guess what did you unpack?
Speaker 4: Your changed anything?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god?
Speaker 1: And here can we just be honest on another front too? Don't? And I say this to you as I say this to myself. I do. And I say, not you, Charlotte, but people whoever, y'all know what the deal is. When you are truly ready to change, you will change. I don't give it that you have a choice. You won't have a choice now. It just depends on how hot you need it to get, how much pressure you need to be placed on your neck for you to change. I don't know why it's so dramatic, Charlotte. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, you know that's don day, all day.
Speaker 1: Every day, you know. I see you guys in the chat commentsing I'm want to welcome you all to call in the studio. Let's all get a three way talk to my sister, talk to me, call me right now. Eight one eight four, six one fifty four thirty two eight one eight four sixty one fifty four to thirty two. I don't care which generation you're a part of. I would love to hear for you to share your ex being told to stay in the child's face, being told or being able to feel that you should not speak your emotions, and perhaps let us know how this affected you. Do you have any other children in your life in which you found that to be affected them in a kind of negative way. I want to welcome it only if you're ready for a real conversation, because at the end of the day, life is life, and people are going through some things. And until we get to a point of just talking collectively, until we get to a point to all of us start talking, we will not start healing. And we understand in order to heal, we gotta feel, point blank period and feel. But I don't always feel good, and that's the thing's the part. But it was kind of like what you said, like even in the wound, oftentimes what we have to realize that we will experience that even in a wound that is healing, you have to allow air to let it be through. And it's gonna get itchy. I mean, it's going to be irritating because you're gonna start looking in the areas where you don't want to shed the light at You're gonna start looking or having to look in the areas that are uncomfortable. You're gonna have to put in the laborer's work of literally lifting and unpacking that suitcase. And if you got some clothes in there, are you ready to wash them? Catch you, Chuck. You keep saying we having a good conversation. Chuck called me in the studio, Brenda, express yourself helping somebody? Yes, why can't I hear her saying no, uh uh, express yourself. Indeed, I want to open that up before we wrap up out of here. Thank you so much for that conversation, because what we realize in this lack of conversation, how many of us have grown up in households where people that are guardians, people that are responsible for taking care of us are literally depressed, and we don't understand why the temper We don't understand why the house is in normal We don't understand why we don't go anywhere and why opportunities aren't presented, simply because, like you said, we haven't done and work within ourselves to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 3: And let's not forget that that little kid that was told to stay in their place, who maybe for one reason or another and was raised in these environments that you speak of, that child just gets larger and more responsibilities are placed upon them.
Speaker 4: We're all just we're still that sane person.
Speaker 3: Of course, life experiences, we've gotten older, we've learned other things, but have we learned emotionally how to function? And that is what it's often missing. We hear about childhood trauma, childhood trauma at nauseum, but I think it does need to be talked about and it does need to be ran into the ground because we often we're just that little that little girl who've grown up maybe suppress some things, and it comes out in our action, that comes out in our decision making. And not until you start talking to a therapist or unpacking that suitcase or even seeking out a trusted friend, you've realized, like, my goodness, this stems from a long, long time ago.
Speaker 1: And even though I talked about before about giving grace and space and realizing this isn't going to be the next Bay thing, you spend thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, even seventy years dealing with the same thing. All right, Charlotte, we got a call. Oh talk to me, is Chuck? Is this shoe?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Chuck?
Speaker 1: Hy Chuck, Charlotte. Can you hear Chuck?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 1: Chuck?
Speaker 4: I can't, Chuck.
Speaker 9: Let me think, Let me get off Liave. Okay, So can y'all hear my building?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can hear you. Can you hear it?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 13: You go hear y'all?
Speaker 6: Pretty well?
Speaker 1: All right, Chuck? What you got to say, Chuck about this topic of self talk and healing within our family?
Speaker 9: So when I when I'm from the South, so I'm from Georgia. We were younger, you know, uh my mom was always say, you know, listen to grown folks. You know, it doesn't matter. They'll stop us from talking. Even if you try to talk, you know, you're being rude and disrespredfl But as as we got older and my sons and our grandchildren started doing it, you know, they kind of leading it back off of it. Mm hm, so you know, and and that and that kind of confused me because when we were younger, it's like our carears was more script on this than they do. The grandchildren now, well.
Speaker 3: For sure, because they've they've they've learned more, their patience has gotten greater. As Don talked about patients, Yeah, they see the world differently.
Speaker 9: Hey you're yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: And how does that feeling?
Speaker 9: What you say?
Speaker 1: How does that have you feeling right now? Chuck? I think you might still have Do you have me still open on Facebook? Cause I think I hear a bit of a reverb.
Speaker 9: No, I don't have you open on facebo.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how does that make you feel now? Do you feel as though that has effected you as an adult as far as healing communication? I don't know if you have children, so you.
Speaker 4: Know I do.
Speaker 9: I have a son and a daughter, and also, you know, the thing is with them, it's like it's like I try these sometimes I do get winged off and do things my parents taught me how to do it, and then I kind of be a little lenient now, you know, as my kids got older, So that's I saw it doing a little thing diversing them in a different way. So it didn't It helped me, but it didn't really hurt me.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't say it hurt me because just like the thing is, my parents instilled in me in a good way, so I wouldn't look at that as a bad thing. And then I say it. But the only reason I say that.
Speaker 9: Is because it's like, you know, back then versus now is a whole different generation.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: You see that.
Speaker 3: You recognize that that's the difference, So you see it. It's just like any lesson that we've learned. I don't like the way that feels, so you might do things differently. Not that it harmed you, but you recognized.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't like that. I might tweak some things.
Speaker 3: I might take a little bit from here and a little bit from there and put it all together.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Think of it like a recipe. We're all trying to get the recipe over for this.
Speaker 4: You took the word, and.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's gonna require you to put a little bit more water, maybe put some in the dry it out. It may take it that it has to rest a little bit, or maybe you got to step into fire and put it under the heat, but let you know that the end result is going to be amazing. Thank you so much, Chuck, Yeah, thank you too.
Speaker 4: All Right, the great evening.
Speaker 8: You have a good night.
Speaker 1: Good night you too.
Speaker 4: All right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now we can always rely on check. That was a great comments. You know, somebody that's coming from vulnerability, coming from down the south. I saw my aunt Linda was on here, on Brenda was on here. So you guys, I'm sure definitely different generations of what we talked about and we didn't talk about. And realizing that these traumas, these secrets, they pass on from generation to generation. But whind dos it stop? And you know, just to be honest, Charlie, you know, I think we do need to make room for the little child that was affected and understanding that the comprehension of that that hurt is from the little child's point of view. But we do have to step and walk into the adult and realize that now it's our responsibility to be the change that we want to see.
Speaker 3: Amen, you cannot use that as an excuse, but Tama, the way it affects that, I'm not I won't go down that rabbit hole either, but I'm just gonna make this comment.
Speaker 4: The way it affects the brain.
Speaker 3: It literally can't affect the electrical synapses in your brain literally, so you can be stuck.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't mean oh.
Speaker 3: Well, this happened when I was a kid, So that's why I recognize that and worked through it.
Speaker 1: I think we got another call, not a crutch talk to.
Speaker 11: Me, Hello, Hello, I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Somebody from Alabama. I saw two five six, going to need you to call again. I'm not sure it's I think two five six is up.
Speaker 4: Let me say, no, Tita, try calling.
Speaker 1: Let me see that is and I'll.
Speaker 4: Say this gone there. Conversation that I've avoided. I said that earlier.
Speaker 1: I know I had to face some head on, like even today, I felt uncomfortable, but I had to share where It's kind of like I was in a role for something and I would have uncomfortable that somebody called me out. Was like, down, you were wrong on that. Let's see Hello, Hello, are you watching? They must be watching the Hello hello, hello.
Speaker 9: Hello, Yes, this is Linda.
Speaker 7: Hey, Hello, how are you You know?
Speaker 13: This goes for young people and old people. Clean it up. Clean it up because it hurts. It hurts older people. It hurts the young people. So when is it going to stop? And you know we talk about generation generational curses. We were gonna clean it up, right, we clean and then you know I was sitting here listening. I can't I can't see you now, but I was sitting here just listening to Charlotte and I was listening to the hun day. We got to clean it up, thank you. You know I hurt today. I hurt m h. And it's not good. You know, we get depressed and we just come down, but you know we get back up. God brings us back up. So I just want you to know, Charlotte, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you too. I London. Just for the listeners who may not know, just give us an idea. What is your generation that you grew up in? Like what was the time period?
Speaker 13: Well, I will tell you how old I am. I am seventy six years old, are you right? I am seventy six?
Speaker 1: So you know, and you just said something important. You said you're still hurting. So there are things that happened to you in your childhood that us seventy six are still experiencing.
Speaker 13: What no, no, But it's just things that are happening today.
Speaker 9: That hurts, and.
Speaker 13: Yeah it's still it hurts, and things that happen well not I can't picture anything that happened in my childhood that's hurt me today. I'm just talking about just daily, daily living things that are happening today, things that happened yesterday, things that may have happened last year. Mm hmm. It's just a it can go way back. But uh, I can't say that there was anything that happened in my childhood that I'm hurting from. However, I will say this, things that are happening today, well, it just goes on and on, it goes home out and you know, depression brings a lot. You know people people don't look at depression, but what just they do because it's been talked about a lot. Depression is an illness.
Speaker 4: And that you cannot help.
Speaker 13: Right. Yeah. So anyway, I just wanted to call Agen to let you know that I want listening and I thank you. Yeah, like I said, not just with the young people, are the general.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 13: Anyway, it's all good, it's not good. Anyway. I want y'all to know, love you much, keep it up, keep it up, and.
Speaker 4: Love you too.
Speaker 1: I'll let you all go all right, love you, I'm loved to thank you, love you.
Speaker 4: The next time, Yes, till the next time. That's what she's saying.
Speaker 1: That's down there at Baoma. Now, that's it's something interesting to say. And I'm so glad that we have generations from different realms of spec yeah, to just really talk about like this is real and how we got to sit down and I'm just so glad that it's not the whole thing like how we started out. Go stay in the child place, go stand in the corner, don't say nothing to nobody else. We having some real conversation. So thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Clean it up.
Speaker 1: But she said clean it up, clean it up, and you might have to get on your knees. You might have to get club scrub that because, like you said, if you spilled some milk, you wonder where the funk coming from.
Speaker 4: But it's up in the cracks.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to open it up. Almost have to go talk to my sister.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 7: Hey up, the girl, this is not Brendan. You know, I'm gonna keep read. In order for you to know something, you got to tell somebody something.
Speaker 10: And then when you know better.
Speaker 6: You can do better.
Speaker 7: And sometimes when you be trying to send something, somebody says, MP, shut up. So you be speaking all these things in your mind. But and you said, you got to press down to stand up. And when you stand up.
Speaker 9: You're gonna look up.
Speaker 10: And when you look up, look somebody straight in the face, eyebile, eyeballs, and say what you gotta say. It's all about freedom, because we ain't going back.
Speaker 1: That's what we know.
Speaker 7: It's a new day.
Speaker 10: It's a new time.
Speaker 9: It's a new generation.
Speaker 7: And these young curre these days, they speak.
Speaker 6: Their mind and they chad it like it is. They had all.
Speaker 10: This this internet and they know how they work those computers and get all the information and everything.
Speaker 7: I tell you one thing, we have some small young people rising up now.
Speaker 1: And it's a new generation.
Speaker 6: We ain't taking them stuff.
Speaker 7: Nobody's gonna step on your toes and they expect you not to holler, or we're gonna holler and say something.
Speaker 10: Right, it's having to holler there aloud. It's all gonna be pround. Yeah, black and white.
Speaker 7: They're all pressures in this sight.
Speaker 4: Hey god.
Speaker 6: As us girl, break it down deep.
Speaker 11: Pay yeah, show you right, that is you.
Speaker 10: Already know the rest of the story.
Speaker 7: Show your right for real, real, it's the real deal.
Speaker 1: Look they throwing up, they said I love her. They didn't listen.
Speaker 6: O love joy peace in heavens. Oh so.
Speaker 7: We all got a store. It needs to be jop story like you have to reach out your mattery.
Speaker 9: You got to reach out the matter with vitamin de pa.
Speaker 1: You better talk that talk baby.
Speaker 7: You couldn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't survive.
Speaker 10: You already know real deal. I just have to holler.
Speaker 4: At the girl.
Speaker 1: All right, sister girl, thank you for calling here.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 1: You're right here, You're right, blow your mind all the time. That's Brenda Joyce. Oh so fine. Happy birthday to miss aunt. Brenda turned seventy five. Was it Saturday or Friday, which is in the last week, but then the happy belated birthday. Well, I really enjoyed this conversation. Thank you so much Pearlan for calling in. Of course, you know this is really imprompted, of course, and you know we gotta do it again. And you know, have one of the topics. You're not gonna be driving, you'll be able to be you know, doing whatever. But I think it was great and refreshing to hear the voice and then it definitely have family call in.
Speaker 3: So that was good, amen, it was it was put some things into perspective.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. Now we only don't just watch what we have. We need to listen, and so I want to thank all of you for tuning in and pulling up on some Vitamin D. Now I told you this is what we're gonna do Tuesdays and Thursdays, live at five not din stretch it out today. So we on Facebook, they also looking at us on the YouTube. Then we're gonna go to the IG. But it's happening. What do I say, inch by inch life's a sench yard by yard life is hard. I think it's a good time to live on purpose and for a purpose. So I want to welcome you. If you felt inspired, if you felt entertained, if you felt like you got some information, can you tell somebody to tell somebody to tell somebody else to Dawn Day got a podcast and it's Live Vitamin D with Dawn Day. You can play back and listen wherever you may be. It would mean the world to me because it's my baby. And also if you would like to be a guest or you have any interest of being a guest, I want to encourage you to send me an email Vitamin D at dawn Dai speaks dot com. I said, it's Vitamin D at dawn Dai speaks dot com. I would love to hear from you, and thank you so much to my sister Charlotte who joined on. Charlotte, now you're the first guest that I've actually had or another person you know as a guest there. Of course, so I do this thing and I'm gonna continue to do this. If you have somebody I don't know, just let me know. Is there anybody that you would like to pass the baton to who you would like to reach out that perhaps have a good message, a good word, or just a great guest to be on Vitamin D.
Speaker 4: Let me ponder on that. All right, Well, are you urry on the spot real quick?
Speaker 1: You got to step into the life babbay All right? But Charlotte, you are in Michigan and you have your own hair business. You are a hairstylist amongst other things. Where can the good people follow you and to book you for your services?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Notice, if you give your number out there, the whole world won't know it.
Speaker 14: But if people do kissing my number out okay, but they can follow me on Instagram at the hair Snob, at the Underscore Hair Underscore Snob and I am local in downtown Royal Lake.
Speaker 1: And is there a Google Voice number or any number that can call you just now it if they wanted to make it, they want.
Speaker 4: To actually reach out to me.
Speaker 3: There's a contact button on my Instagram page and you can press that button and contact me there or DM me. I just give me at least twenty four hours to get back to you.
Speaker 1: All right. There you have it. If you're in Lost, if you're in Detroit, if you're in the Detroit metro area, in rural log I'll reach out to the hair Snap. That's the Underscore Hair Underscore Snap. Her name is Charlotte Henry and yeh, she can get you hooked up from your neck up. Okay, hi yah? Latasha said, will you come to California? Latasha want you to get the hair done? Recy coming in mad late Recy. We about to go, girl, You want to say how to recy? Racy is watching Racy? She said, Hey, hey girl, Hey, so I'm Donda and it's time to call it a day again. Thank you so much and make sure you see the email. Thank you, Charlott. We fight for the dream. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: It is great, right because we said that's ourself talk.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, it is great.
Speaker 1: Speak it as it is, speak it as it is. So uh you guys, thank you so much. I told you we're gonna be live at five Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make sure you get those resources and information. Make sure you keep inspiring, and make sure you remember to take a chance on yourself because we here for a good time, not a long time.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: If you want to keep up with us and keep up with everything we're doing with Vitamin D, make sure you check us out on all platforms Vitamin D with Dawn Day, follow on social media at Vitamin D Dawn Day. And if you want your own personal Vitamin D that be me, baby, you can follow me on all social media at dawn D A I speaks, you know. I always say I'm in the business of making dreams come true and I damn show ain't gonna forget about mine. So until next family, always remember you are your greatest bass at
Speaker 2: Get your item, Indy right here with me and get excited about your life,