Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv Ready you're ready, Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going to everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Toenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrewsarian. And it is Thursday here on the show. And you know that means well, we got a lot to talk about, that's for sure. No co host today, I'm flying solo. But in the final segment of the show, we will be joined by our old friend Vinnie Pacifico. He's going to be on the show today. Actually got to hang out with him a couple of weeks ago the SOS show here in the Seattle area, So we'll talk about a lot of things going on with him and prior to that, we have all of the news, including in the second major segment of the show, we'll be talking about the Dynamite show from last night. There is a Collision show that is taking place tonight, so we'll tell you about the lineup for that show. And of course there's you know, there's a lot going on. We got Collision, we got Impact, we got under Siege, we got Smacked Down, we got Saturday Night's main event, we got Battleground, we got Double or Nothing, we got Raw. That's all between now and Monday. And there's also an Arena Mexico show. As always, there's Best of the Super Juniors, a lot to watch everybody, so we'll get into some of that here today. And also got an update on Zoe Star. We got big news on WrestleMania. We got some notes on the TNA ratings, and I want to make a comment about the Raw ratings as well, and as noted in the New Japan Best of the Super Juniors, and plenty more. If you want to text us today and join the show. Four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I'm at fort w Online at gmail dot com at for w online threads, Instagram and cameo at Bryan Albarez ex and Blue Sky and Hey. Cameos are ten dollars ten dollars for a personalized message, So head up to cameo and grab one today back in them with more Observer live.
Speaker 3: Come Monday Day, Come come Budas Day, and nothing gets me.
Speaker 2: You can give my rash. It's something that.
Speaker 3: I won't try, but.
Speaker 1: Fine, love what you find.
Speaker 4: A total wine and more so much waiting for use.
Speaker 3: Beards and beer.
Speaker 4: Thousands of lines.
Speaker 3: Walk right through the door. It's all here to explore.
Speaker 4: With guys in the know. Prices so it does by your mind, find you and love.
Speaker 5: What you find responsibly be twenty one.
Speaker 6: I am an American veteran. I'm proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works and then a range of time they can come and take up your vehicle for free running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get attacked to DOT in the process. Call the Veteran Card Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. Eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven. Keep listening for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices. Here's how. Whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 5: Everyone has a fave Wendy's frosty flavor, and when you're choosing from Chocolateter Vanilla, it's not that hard. But now there's all new frosty swirls and frosty fusions. So try picking your fave from Oreo Brownie Fusion, pop Tarts, Strawberry Fusion, Strawberry Swirl, Brownie Botter Swirl, Caramel Swirl, and Carmel Crunch Fusion. Not so easy now, huh. For a freshway to frosty, gotta be Wendy's.
Speaker 8: Participating us Wendy for You. LAS a trademarket Model E's International Group. Pop Charts is a trade market Kellog North America no LLC used with permission.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show Bryan Alvarez here Wrestling Observer A Live, Let's get going, got a lot to talk about. Soy Stark has said thank you to fans for their love and support. She said it means more to her than they'll ever know. What hurts more than my knee, she says, is knowing I won't be able to perform for all of you for a while. I love what I do and I'm blessed to do this. As the saying goes, the comeback is greater than the setback. Love you, guys. So there's no official word on her knee, but the fact that she says she will not be performing for a while, well obviously something went badly wrong. I don't know if that means torn acl I don't know if that means she tore everything, but it does appear she's going to be out of action for quite a while. So all the best to her, and maybe we'll get an update. Maybe we won't sting With wrestling nowadays, you know, sometimes they'll tell us what's going on, and sometimes they don't. So all the best to her. Now, some big news and we actually don't know the extent of this yet, but we will very soon. WWE, as reported by Brnan Thurst, obtained he obtained a statement from the Greater New Orleans Sport Foundation that claims the city will be hosting WrestleMania not next year, but in a quote later unspecified year. So this is a really big story because you know, they announced WrestleMania New Orleans, and not only do they announce a WrestleMania in New Orleans, but you know a lot of the independent groups. I mean, you know, tickets or hotels were purchased and buildings were rented, and you know, this is more than just WWE, you know, canceling WrestleMania New Orleans. I mean, this is gonna have a huge effect on all of the other promotions that had already made plans to run New Orleans over WrestleMania weekend. So obviously, the deal here is they're getting a better deal somewhere else. And there are three places that are being rumored as of today, And well, of course they can just cancel their plans, but I mean I'm talking like you know, it depends on what the deal they made with particular buildings. I mean, can they get the entire deposit back, and they not. It's one thing with hotels, but it might be something different with renting out buildings and everything that goes into putting together a series of shows over WrestleMania weekend. So anyway, the three rumored locations for WrestleMania next year are now London, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia. So I see a lot of people in the chat are presuming it's gonna be Saudi Arabia. The thing with Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia is getting the Royal Rumble, and I suppose they could also change the Royal rumble. You know, let's been do the Royal Rumble somewhere else and then do WrestleMania in Saudi. But I mean, if you ask me, my gut tells me that Saudi is the least likely of the three possibilities. I think, very good chance. London. It's been talked about for a long time. Obviously, you know, as soon as aw did a and crowd in Wembley, you knew that we was going to want to go in and you know, break that record. And the other option, which I think, especially because the whole situation with the purchase of Triple A. And it's more than just wanting a presence in Mexico. They obviously want a big presence in Mexico, but also they want to be number one in Mexico. They want to beat CMLL. I mean as tech stadium for WrestleMania, I don't think is out of the question. So I presume we're going to find out fairly soon where WrestleMania is going to be next year. But it is not going to be in New Orleans. And you know, whether it's in London or whether it's in Mexico. I mean, there's a reason for this, and that is either we're going after a w or we're going after CMLL. So we'll find out who's top of the list for this coming year. So that's the update on that. If you if you made plans for New Orleans, well, I mean, you can still go to New Orleans. It's fun, but you ain't gonna see WrestleMania there. All right. We've also got to talk some ratings notes. I know people don't like to talk about ratings, but I'll make it quick. First off, at XT six hundred and ninety seven thousand viewers and a point thirteen, so viewership was up and eighteen to forty nine was down. So just basically more old people were watching the show. Nothing really to talk about there is what is notable here is RAW. So here's the thing. And this applies to a WWE and AW, it applies to Raw, and it applies to Max. We don't have any idea how these shows are doing. Okay. Max doesn't give any information at all. And you know, allegedly Tony a AW, they can't even get any information about how many people are watching on Max other than it's doing well whatever that means. And you know, with Raw on Netflix, Netflix announces numbers and then everybody tries to do math to find out, well, how many people were were actually watching. So according to Netflix, the April twelfth, Raw did five point one million viewing hours and two point seven million global viewers. So this would mean, uh, RAW did one point one five six million viewers over seven days, and like the same day viewership of RAW would allegedly be nine hundred and eighty three thousand viewers. Okay, nine hundred and eighty three thousand viewers. Now, I talked about this a little bit yesterday. I don't buy this at all. I don't think there's any way that only nine hundred and eighty thousand people are watching raw on Monday nights. I don't know. Like with Nielsen, the way they get the viewership as well. You know there's this number of households. In each household, there's X number of viewers. I don't know if maybe Netflix just says if it's on in the house, it's one viewer. I mean, people are are gonna go nuts in the chat, but this is this is reality, everybody, Okay, we know that a percentage of the aw viewership is watching on Max. I know people like to say it's there's nobody watching whatever, but there are Okay. I've always estimated between one hundred and fifty and two hundred and fifty thousand people are watching on Max. I don't think it's a half million people watching on Max. I don't think it's a million people. I think on a good week it's probably near two fifty. On a bad week, it's maybe closer to one fifty. But we're talking like between one hundred and fifty and two hundred and fifty thousand people. And people can deny it all they want, but like every time we talk about it on the chat, you know, on the YouTube chat you can ask anybody, lots of people are watching on Max. I quit watching, like I only watch on Max all the shows. I don't think it's crazy that two hundred and fifty thousand people are watching AW on Max. But what is what? I find it hard to believe that if you add in TBS and TNT the viewership of Dynamite Collision, especially Dynamite, and you add in the Max viewership, what this would be saying is that Raw and Dynamite are basically neck and neck. And I can't buy that just from looking at what are these shows drawing to the buildings, How many people are showing up for the shows? You know, what are they drawing for television? What are they drawing when they go on the road? You know, how are they doing in terms of big shows? How are they doing in terms like every aspect of business. I cannot believe that Raw on Monday Night and Dynamite on Wednesday are essentially doing the same viewership. Maybe that's the case, but I think something is really weird with these Netflix numbers. I can't buy that Raw on Monday two weeks ago did nine hundred and eighty three thousand viewers. It doesn't make any sense, but that's that's allegedly the number. So you know, it was easy in the old days when everybody, like, whatever you think about Nielsen ratings, whether you think they're accurate or not, at least like they were all Nielsen ratings, So whether they were accutate or not, they were all you could compare them all. Now when we've got Netflix has this wacky number and whatever, you know, Max has who knows, I mean, we don't know. Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: You know, Tony Kahn's doing a media call right now. You know he just said he said Max is still building pay per view capability. I remember I said that like six eight months ago, and we had these fellas, one in particular, who said, you're wrong. They could do pay per view if they wanted, they should hire me. I could have it set up and actually said that if they hired me, I'd have it set up immediately. Well they're still building.
Speaker 9: It, so.
Speaker 1: Whatever, All right, we got to talk about this this Dynamite show.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a very good go home show for the show this weekend, and we still have Collision coming up tonight. So we had a Hangman Will Osprey face to face, which I thought was excellent. Two baby faces. They both really want the title for their own reasons. They both there was no physicality, nothing, They just both stated their case and to be honest, I mean, I don't think they're gonna do a turn or anything like that. But of the two, you know, Osprey was the one that kind of had the edge there at the end of the heel edge and he said that he was going to he was gonna take out hang Man. What are you gonna do about it? Wrap a chair around my skull? Beat me so bad I have to retire, like Chris Daniels. Hangman was very upset about that, and they ended up drinking together and it was excellent. Like if you want to see a great go home section for a match, this is it. And when it was over, I mean, Will Osprey is asked for the main event slot at the pay per view. It definitely feels like the most important match on the show because it does seem like the winner of this match is going to all in and winning that title from John Moxley. Seems like a very, very very important match. But man, I'm not sure about following that anarchy in an arena. I just don't know if I'd do that, but that's what he wanted. Then we had Moxley and the Young Bucks versus Joe, Swerve and Hobbs. Party match. Excellent match, great heat. The finish was Joe choking out Nick pin Matt Clean with a cradle, which was revenge for I think about a week ago when Matt pinned him with a small package. And then the Death Writers came out and we had Shabbada, Marina Willow, Kenny oh Omega, everybody running wild and it was kind of amazing because like they did a challenge afterwards with Joe say, we're gonna beat you guys up tonight. Why wait for Sunday? But I will say, you know, at this point in the show, we still didn't know who was in the anarchy in the arena match, and honestly, honestly, right now we still don't really know. They've announced a match and it was Simojo Shabata, Swerve, Hobbes, Omega and Willow against Moxley, Claudio Wheeler, Young Bucks and Marina. So six on six, but they announced this before they did the main event segment, which saw the return of Gabe Kid to uneven the odds in favor of the Heels and so like. Officially at this point it's six on six. I think it's gonna be seven on seven and Gabe Kid will be added and probably the return of Eddie Kingston on the Babyface side, but again we don't know. We shall I guess find out on Sunday or maybe tomorrow, but probably Sunday. We had the Hurt Syndicate segment and the MVP MJF contract signing, and this was kind of one of those things. You know, we had a guy call say, you know what what what names some storylines that were like really really great, but the payoff was kind of whatever. And granted this wasn't the full payoff, because I'm sure there's more to come. But last week MJF was accepted into the Hurt Syndicate, but they said next week you must sign the contract, and so I think myself and everybody on the planet figured, okay, well something's going down next week. Ain't gonna be good for MJF. But instead what they did is MJF signed the contract, the other guys signed the contract, and then Dustin Rhodes and Sammy just came out and cut a promo for the tag match. There was no angle, there was no surprise, nothing. They just I don't even know why we needed to extend it another week after they accepted him last week. So it felt like, well, maybe there was gonna be something that happened, but so many people were figuring it out that they just shifted and they'll do the turn later. But man, it was weird. I mean, this was a weird one. So then we had Rikoshet and Anthony Bowens and you know, Bones came out kind of had the booboo face, got beat when Billy Gunn did something stupid for reasons unknown, and Ricochet jabbed him with the scissors, pinned him, and then Bones was out of there and they did an angle with Mark Briscoe and Ricochet, and I mean, you know they do they do wins and losses and everything, and you know they don't do a lot of screw job finishes, but man, they this felt. This felt like when you used to watch we and you know a guy would get a push for three weeks and then you know Vince would give up on him. That's what this felt like here. So we'll see what the future is for Anthony Bowens. We had Renee interviewing Mercedes and Jamie. I thought it was pretty good. Not nearly as good as the segment with will Ospray and hang Man, but it was fine and ended up with a brawl unlike the opening segment, and Jamie later out with eight or eight. So the way they pretty much everybody books, I think it's pretty clear we're getting Mercedes and Tony at all in and the main event. It's gonna be a very interesting to look at the quarters here, because yes, I realized that Joe said, you know this, this anarchy in the arena is going to start tonight, but he said that like an hour and a half earlier, and even though I saw it an hour and a half later, there'd been no mention of it. And I watched Mina Shirakaw and Julia Hart and I thought, wow, this is the main event. This is it. I would not have done this for a main event, so I mean it was fine. Mina Shirakaw was awesome. Julia hard could very much do with a tour of Japan do a bunch of indie dates. I mean, she is one of many in aw that you know, they're basically where they were five years ago, and it's just not enough reps. You can't improve doing a show a month or less, especially if you've been injured. So it was just a huge gulf in like the ability of these two women. Mina was incredible and she won obviously, and then Julie went. Afterwards, sky Blue hit the ring, Tony Storm hit the ring, had a big brawl, and then like I thought that was good. You know, they did the face to face with will Ospray and Hangman. They didn't any physicality, and I don't think this one needed any either, But Mina attacked Tony put her in the figure four around the post. Tony sold it big, and this one to me felt like I don't think we needed this one. I think it was just fine to do the match, do the angle. Plus there's gonna be a bunch of as we found out afterwards, physicality afterwards with the Anarchy and the arena crew. So the Bucks go to leave Matt in a cocky manner, says this. Joe said he was gonna attack us before we left, but we're leaving and he did an attack us, so he is a pathological liar, and he winks and goes to leave, and of course here comes Joe and we have the wild brawl, and you know, the Babyfaces are are doing well. But then Gabe Kid shows up and they did the record scratch with the music they had playing, and the Heels took over Omegan Swerve got put through tables by the Bucks and the Heels stood a tall. So we'll see what they do on Sunday. I mean, you know, the Death Writers lost the Trios titles. That was the first crack in the armor. But I think that maybe the best course of action is for Moxley to get the pin in Anarchy in the arena because he should be very strong going into the championship match against the Swerve Hangman or the Hangman and Osprey winner at the pay per view. So I think that I think that he should get the win in that match, and then whoever ends up winning, that's your big match coming up at all in So, that was dynamite. I thought it was a very good go home show, and then tonight we have got the Collision Show, and I was told in terms of like wrestling, good show, but it doesn't look like they did a whole bunch of angles. The big heavy angle show for the pay per view was Dynamite, So we've got Commander and Speedball versus Rush and Realistico. Mercedes Monet defends the TBS title against Reyna Isis. I have no idea why this is a championship match. I mean, they had the video package, that's all great and good, but this is another one of those. They've done this before too. It's like Mercedes has a big match coming up at the pay per view, why is she in a random title match on the Collision before the pay per view. I think it's ridiculous, but that's what they did. FTR and Daniel Garcia and Nigel McGinnis will do the contract signing. Kyle Fletcher versus Jay Lethal. The Paragon will face the Grizzled Young Vets. They've built that up for several weeks. Josh Alexander faces aar Fox, the much maligned ar Fox, Mistico Templorio and Mascriderada versus Volador Junior Magnus and Ruhido, which sounds awesome, and Takeushta and rapung Device versus Bandido and the Outrunners, and it was essentially told good wrestling. You know, you can probably figure out the finishes to nearly all the matches even without and I don't know the finishes, guys, I mean, I have no spoilers for you. But that's uh, that's Collision tonight. And also tonight is Impact with Joe Here and Elijah versus Moose and Brian Myers, AJ Francis and Casey Navarro versus Santana and Sammy Callahan mister Stone and Santino will have an inn ring debate, Oh my god, and most of all le versus Ace Austin back in the moment with our old friend of Anny Pacifico Wrestling Observer Alive.
Speaker 5: Everyone has a fave Wendy's Frosty flavor, and when you're choosing from chocolate Vanilla, it's not that hard. But now there's all new frosty swirls and frosty fusions, So try picking your fave from Oreo Brownie Fusion, Pop Tarts, Strawberry Fusion, Strawberry Swirl, Brownie Botter swirl, caramel swirl and carmel crunch fusion. Not so easy now, huh for a freshway to frosty gotta be Wendy's.
Speaker 8: Participating in US. Wendy Forreo is a trademarket model He's International Group pop Charts is a trademarket Tellout North America go LLC used with permission.
Speaker 7: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change your cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe. So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked airline tickets, and we'll change it, ansel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify an existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 10: Do you want to add a boost to your sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the belt for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription. And ask about their buy three get three free offer. What are you waiting for? Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Doal this number and save it now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven, eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven eight hundred two two nine eight six two seven. That's eight hundred two two nine eighty six twenty seven Pay for by the pharmacy Shop.
Speaker 9: Memorial Day doorbuster deals are here. It loaves right now. Rewards members save eighty dollars on the Master Ford's four burner gas grill now just one forty nine. Plus rewards members save nine hundred dollars on the Low's exclusive High Sense French door refrigerator now only nine ninety nine. Lows we have You Say ballot through five twenty six. Selection varies by location, while supplies last. Selos dot com for more details. Program subject to terms and conditions. Details at lows dot com. Slash terms subject to change.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Begging the show. Brian Elver is here Wrestling Observer Alive. Vinnie Pacifico is joining us here today. We've got a lot to talk about, Vinnie. What's going on? Brian?
Speaker 11: How are you? Thank you for having me?
Speaker 1: That's right. How are you feeling after Well? I guess it's probably been a few weekends. But saw a couple of weekends ago. So os we partied in Seattle, didn't we?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't know about partying but we hung out a little bit. How was the show? What'd you think?
Speaker 11: I loved it. I always loved wrestling out west on the West Coast, especially the SITH Northwest because honestly some of the best talent, best locker rooms that I've ever been in, So I always enjoyed going out there.
Speaker 1: It is. It is such a change from back in the day, all of these great promotions and shows and locker rooms. I mean, how often do you get out to SOS So It.
Speaker 11: Used to be a lot more often. I would get a lot of loops out there, but this year it hasn't been as much as I like because I just have a lot going on with movies, TV stuff like that. I'm kind of like struggling a lot of different things at once. But I try to get out to the West Coast whenever I can, really because I love it out there. I really actually enjoyed my time this there, this week, I mean last week, because the crowds were just erupting singing my entrance songs. That's up than that, you know, the feeling you can't be that feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a hot crowd phenomenal now, you you know. I was surprised. This is actually the first time we ever met in person at that show, and I don't know, I never thought about it, but I was surprised to learn you're only twenty five. Yeah, God, you're like a child. You were born in the year two thousand.
Speaker 11: No twenty six, men in twenty six.
Speaker 1: Oh you're about turn twenty six.
Speaker 11: Okay, so you're born yeah April thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you were born in the nineties. Yeah, that's not so bad. There's a very tail end. But well, I mean, you know, you, you know, you're very young and uh, but you're already kind of moving into uh looking at way movies and television slots. I mean, is are you looking at like? Man? You know, how long can I do this at twenty six? Or what are you thinking?
Speaker 11: So for me, it's just I believe make the most of every opportunity given right, and I love wrestling. I will never stop wrestling until my body tells me stop. But I think, why not venture out into other things and become more valuable in wrestling? Right? I think so many wrestlers that you could your name went to Hollywood, went to acting, and they became biggert. So I feel as if why not do the same, why not try and grow in other ways? And so I have been very lucky. I've gotten to do a few movies already and a TVs here is that's coming up very soon. And it's been really rewarding, you know, getting to learn different things, be in different places, meet different people, and just become more well rounded. And I believe it will help me in the long one in parrestling, you know.
Speaker 1: Around your age, I also was kind of interested in doing some acting. And what I did was like around here, we got the Seattle Film Institute, and there's a lot of stuff that film's around here, and I just started going all of these different auditions, and you know, I got some little things here and there, some commercials and some student films, and then you kind of put a resume together and then you go to auditions. Is that essentially what you did?
Speaker 11: Pretty much? Know, someone from of my family kind of had a spot open for the first time on a movie called Frequency of Miracles, and uh, but me for it. I did it. I made tons of connections at that screen at that doming and it turned into another film. Actually I just filmed last Wednesday. I can't get into much detail about it, but it's gonna be a really really awesome movie. Uh peep up. The cast is insane and yeah, so it just a lot of things steamroll when you when you make one thing happen, more and more things happen, and when you make yourself available for these things to happen, it really can take off. So yeah, kind of just I'm kind of going with the flow, wrestling every single week and then taking whatever comes. But I feel as if I'm enjoying getting more and more opportunities and being more and more busy because why not.
Speaker 1: Now, how does it work in terms of let's say you get some role and you're gonna you're gonna do something for a film, and you know how normally works is they they film everything and then you know, once everything is wrapped, sometimes they'll need you again for okay, well we need to redo this thing here, or we need to you know, you got a voice over something here or whatever. Has Has this ever gotten in the way of a wrestling booking?
Speaker 11: No, so luckily they've been very lenient. Or to be honest, every time that I've been needed something's always a weekday, I believe, or weekend I'm not even wrestling, so it's pretty It's been pretty good. I haven't acually had to pull off honey rows before of it. So I filmed this upcoming wrestling TV theory is called Mister Reset, and I've had to go back and film a few things over and over again. But they're very lenient. They know wrestling the weekend, so they kind of booked everything during the week which is awesome and I'd love it to do that for us.
Speaker 1: What have you learned from your time doing acting and television and film and such that you have brought to wrestling.
Speaker 11: Wow, it's a great question. Uh, pretty much. Ways to deal with pressure, because being on a camera is just I've done it for so many years wrestling, and I feel as if it's it's very similar in some ways. You know, wrestling is kind of no retries, No you have one take, so but I would tell you the way I deal with pressure in the way that the pressure is applied is different. But I guess it's good practice to be mentally under pressure so that I just been able to adapt to these things, you know what I'm saying, or able to be in the situations so that I can learn and be malleable for any type of situation I'm going to be in.
Speaker 1: So the flip side, it's a mental thing. And the flip side is what have you taken from wrestling and that you have applied to your versioning film career a lot.
Speaker 11: So I've I'm very good to improv. So I'm from wrestling of course, all these years promos or on the cuffs, you know, in ring promos or backstage interviews, and I view that and it's got me got me pretty good, so success so far. So I would say wrestling has given me such a tremendous uh skill at being able to improv and being able to work under pressure and be able to just take a step back and perform my best. And you know, it's amazing how how wrestling has taught me that and gotten me to where I am now.
Speaker 1: So obviously, when when you are a wrestler who then transitions to TV or film, I mean there's there's various characters that you can play. And obviously, if your character in a movie or film is a big, bombastic, you know, pro wrestling style character, well it's easy to just be a pro wrestler. But if your if your role is to be more of a normal person, not a big, bombastic character.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's actually very different from wrestling because in wrestling you want to be big, and you don't necessarily want to be that big when you're playing a role for film.
Speaker 11: Interesting, Okay, I mean I have not played anything that outlandish yet, but I'm looking forward to learning, you know what I mean. I actually I'm in talk to some films in South America. It's fun yesterday, you know. So I don't know what to respect, but I'm obviously gonna give to get my all, of course, with everything that I'm given. But the TV series Mister Reset, I'm playing myself Viny Power punch s Pacifico. So it's kind of easy, yeah, to do that because it's my wrestling character. But a lot of the other films that I've done have been very an interview based for the most part also, so it's kinds of just me peeling back, you know, the curtain a little bit of my life and just talking about getting Bully going off and just being somebody who wants to inspire. And so I would say that like it's film, I hadn't really had to act.
Speaker 1: For those couple of movies I just did, sure.
Speaker 11: But it's actually expanded me to mental health and uh like, So, for example, does a TV show coming out very soon called Men Speaking? Is that it's at the roundtable. Four people sit in a chair and talk about mental health, self love, dealing with life's hardest obstacles. And I got chance for it. So one thing leads to the other, leads to the other, leads to the other. So and they all see each other and they're all positive things. So I'm very, very grateful for all these things.
Speaker 1: So did you have you had issues in your life with mental health or or what was your role in this?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So growing up, you know, I got bullied in school for like and wrestling, you know, and it really wasn't fun. I've always told you can't. You don't deserve this, you don't deserve that. Like I was like playing football and I got terrible bully just for wearing a John sena shirt, even with the un football team as the quarterback.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: So I had to do a lot of bullying going up, and self esteem issues and kinds of I never really thought of my had self love, right, but I through my marriage and through finding my wife, I've developed self love through her, which is amazing. She's helped me learn to love myself and now I try to just you know, express self love and try to you know, inspire people to learn to love themselves and to believe in themselves and take a step forward and take a chance on themselves to believe that they could do anything they want to do. And that's kind of been my really, my my thing is like I want people to be able to love themselves enough to believe in themselves to do the thing that they're scared to do. But hey, if they want to. Like, for example, there are people who want to wrestle but don't don't They don't believe they could do it. They don't think they they don't think they have whatever it takes to do it. I think, screw that. Love yourself enough and believe yourself enough to do it and try to try the goals that you have in life because you only live once.
Speaker 1: So so essentially this is this is very easy to work into a babyface character.
Speaker 11: I guess. So, I mean that's true, yeah, but it's all legit. You know, I've dealt with this the whole life, and you know, I've had to look in the mirror and learn to love who I am. And and I'm very grateful that I have an amazing woman by my side who teaches me that and taught me how to love myself. So I try and always in buy other people to take those steps forward, to create self love and to work on themselves because you live in your mind. You live in your mind, and no one else knows what you're going through. So I just think, you know, you have to take care of mental health first.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to, I don't want to make light of mental health or anything like that. But this this very much reminds me of John Cena, where he was a babyface. It was always never give up, and if you go on on his Twitter social media, like every day he had some new motivational quote and yeah, and so then he turned heel. Okay, And when he turned heel, I had all of these great ideas, like this guy needs to do his motivational quotes, but they should be like just quit or don't get out of bed today. I thought there were like all these things that he could do to like make this character like, you know, play off the anti John Cena, But instead he just did the same John Cene. He's just a bad guy now yelling at people. So have you ever have you ever played the heel role. I've only seen you doing babyface stuff.
Speaker 11: Yes, I've played the heel role plenty of times. I love being a heel because it's literally me, like at the opposite of me. You know, I'm an annoying version of myself. I'm more dislikable. And yeah, I love playing Neil, but I've often a face. But when I get to be a heel, I really sit back and I enjoy it, you know, because these fans get really rowdy and they give the middle finger and they curse at you, and it's it's really cool to have different tyes, of different sides of the coin. You know, when they come out and they love you, and then you know, you go to a different town, you come out and they just get in your face, give you your real finger, tell you to goes through yourself. You know, it's fun.
Speaker 1: So so do you make do you make the call? Like, let's say you're going to a town you've never been to before, do you make the call going in or are you? Are you and your opponents sort of like, you know, whatever, However, they react to me like that's the way we're going here.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 11: Usually I'm brought into baby face for the most most part. You know, even in Europe, I was brought in a baby's face. But if I get told otherwise, they want me to be a heel. They want me to they want to challenge me and say, oh, Vinny, you know, I want to see a deal. Can I have no problem doing it. And it's literally just the same character, just switch to a different uh detective. You know. So it's like, as opposed to me drinking and edgy drink poking up, how about drink anergy drink and spew it into your opponent's face, in your eyes and they can't see. And then that could combined.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 11: So it's kind of two sides of the you know coin where it's like, you know, come out energize. I'm not ready to go. I could still be energized as a bad guy, but I just do it in a really more annoying way.
Speaker 1: All right, Well hold that thought back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simpervv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back of the show, Brain Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Vinnie Pacifico is joining us here today. I love saying that name, and Vinnie, what do you got? Coming up? A lot?
Speaker 11: A lot so in private screening fore of my films on this Monday, this Sunday, I wrestle in Connecticut for for Wrestling, Magic and Taiju. I will be heading to Florida very shortly in the next couple of weeks to do CCW in Kissing Me and CCW in Port Saint Lucy in Game of War, their biggest OH of the year. And a lot going on. You know, I got some West Coast. I got March thirty first, I come back to Seattle or not Northwest Pro March or May for the title?
Speaker 1: What's up May thirty first?
Speaker 11: Yep? May thirty first?
Speaker 1: All right, you said March? All right, May thirty first?
Speaker 10: Maybe?
Speaker 11: Oh right, my bed May thirty first. So yeah, a lot going on. I'm very grateful for everything, and I just I'm ready for it.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 1: Well, we got ten seconds here. What's your favorite state to wrestle in?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 11: Favorite states of wrestling? I will have to say.
Speaker 1: Oregon really Oregon.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Oregon or Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would not have expected that. Nothing against Oregon or anything. It's beautiful, but uh man, you got the whole country here. You got lots of sun over there on the east coast Florida.
Speaker 11: So interesting, No, I know, but I do love. I do love the crowds, and I'm northwest Northwest. They've been amazing to me for many, many years.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to thank you so much for doing the show today. Best of lug where everything. We'll do this again soon. Maybe I'll try and head out May thirty first if I can, and and all the best, good luck with everything.
Speaker 11: He remember, friend appreciates you, and.
Speaker 1: Of course thanks everybody for listening. We're out of time, but we'll talk to you on Friday. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network