Speaker 1: John Madden so legendary. They already have a movie coming out about John Madden. You got Nicholas Cage playing Madden, and I've seen some pictures of him. He kind of looks exactly like Madden. What do they do? Fill them up with pillows? I mean, when I might just fill myself self up with pillows, I'd be uh in one corner, my brother would be in the other corner, and we call it zooms, and you just get as big as you possibly can and stuff as many pillows as you can, and you would run full speed at each other.
Speaker 2: Let me explain something to some people out there. For all you people that think like, oh, I got a baby Gronk in my house, look at this kids. His form of entertainment was running full speed into a wall with pillows.
Speaker 1: Okay, into another person, not a wall built different into another wall, into another person.
Speaker 2: The form of entertainment was playing hockey downstairs and running into each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to man. Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman, I'm Rob Gronkowski, and this.
Speaker 2: Is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: And today we're talking about a couple of folk heroes from the world of football. What are we talking about today? The legend of Mike Alstott.
Speaker 2: He is the perfect four minute back.
Speaker 1: He could play an Anie era Anie era.
Speaker 2: What made John Madden such a great broadcaster? I mean, John Madden's at the standard. His name is synonymous with football.
Speaker 1: And also what it's like to be on the cover of Madden. You're looking at your boy, you know, to be recognized like that, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: An honor EA sports, It's in the game. And then we wrap it up by reacting to some of the hottest takes in this week's Chillis Dude of the Week, presented by cors like stick around to the very very end.
Speaker 1: Let's Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: We're here in Boston, Ron Dudes on Dudes Back in Boston. We are back in Boston. And every time we come back to Boston does it not feel like home?
Speaker 1: It feels like home every single time, especially when you know the flowers are blossoming, the sun is out, it's sixty five degrees, it's a beautiful spring day. You know, you see just people happy walking the streets. I feel like I belong you know that. And that's the best feeling, you know, That's when you know it's a home. Is when you feel like you just belong here, and we both belong here in the city of Boston. It will be of home forever, Jules. And it's Memorial Day weekend as well. What does that mean? We want to recognize how come you wait? First off?
Speaker 2: Explain why you know what this means?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know what Memorial Day weekend is. Because Bill, every single time a holiday comes up, he explains what the holiday means and what it represents, especially if it has something to do with the military. So every single time Bill would call up the team meeting we would usually have off Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, which everyone loves. You have a four day weekend off of OTA's shut up and Bill would bring you, you know, bring you up in the team meeting, bring the team together in the meeting, the final team meeting of the day on Thursday before he lets everyone go for the whole you know, four day weekend, and he would explain what Memorial Day Weekend is and what it represents, remembering all of the veterans that have fallen and sacrificed their lives for our country so we can have the freedom that we have to this day. And that's what we want to do right now before we get started, is recognized and give tribute to all the fallen soldiers out there that have paid, you know, their duties and did the ultimate sacrifice for our families, our country, for their families, for our friends, and putting it all on the line. So we thank them, We thank their families, and let's give them a quick, you know, five seconds of moment of silence right now, Juliah, there we go. That was I was touching Rob. I was touching some coach Belichuck. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But we're also a big military podcast. You do a lot of have you visited you? Where have you gone? You've gone some crazy places.
Speaker 1: Last year, I did like a us O trip, but it wasn't technically a true us O trip. I did it with Monster because Monster did so many us O trips. They always combined, but they kind of separated a little bit. So Monster just went off on their own and brought me to Poland last year and I visited four different military bases United States military bases, and it's just so cool and so touching because the people there get excited. You know, the troops there get excited because they do the same thing every single day. They grind, they you know, shoot their tanks. You know, they're replicating, you know, a mission and it's kind of the same thing on a regular basis. So I got to show up, you know it. You know, got to switch up their routine. You know, got to meet me. They got to show me all the tanks that they get to shoot. I got to shoot some tanks, shoot some guns. And it's rewarding to them. It's rewarding to me as well. Uh. And it puts a smile on their face, which is the most important thing. And it gets their mind off of what's going on on a daily basis with all the war that's going on over there, you know, overseas and what they're preparing for. So uh, whenever I have a chance, I get to you know, I love to do things like that. Yeah, I went.
Speaker 2: I went out and visited the USS George Washington, uh and stayed a night over in Brazil when they were on a mission going around the whole continent South America while they were on their way up to I can't give disclosed locations because you know, I don't want to piss off Cap. You know he's from Alabama, big Bama road Tide guy.
Speaker 1: Cap. I won't say, but it was the captain of the ship. Oh okay, captain, Captain, Okay, I gotcha. I capture.
Speaker 2: But I will say, like you said it, it's it gives you a perspective when you go into their day to day life. We stayed and we visited every part of the ship. You know, we fit the fire department, we visited the mechanics, We visited the guys that are the pilots, the people that got the food ready. Like it's a whole community. There's like four thousand people on this big ass ship, and the craziest thing to me is that the average age was like nineteen years old. These are young people that are essentially joining the military to allow us to do what we get to do, and that's talk stupid shit on this stupid camera in this dumb microphone.
Speaker 1: So like, it's because of those people.
Speaker 2: That fight for our freedom, that sacrifice their freedom so they can go out and fight for ours. That's class act. My grandpa served in the Navy. You have some family that served so you know, big military podcast, shout out to all the fallen soldiers.
Speaker 1: That's what Memorial Days for.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of the kickoff to summer, you know, the Memorial Day is the kickoff to summer. Not summer quite yet June twenty first, but it is kick off two summer.
Speaker 1: And it's also like when you expect a weather to be above seventy degrees every single day, and if it's not, say, if it's like fifty and rainy here in the New England area, you get pissed. Now, it's fine that it's cold like in April beginning of May, but once Memorial Day hits and that weather drops, you get angry. It needs to be seventy plus every day now. And Sonny, and let me tell you, it just feels better. It feels better. It just pops up here when it's sunny, because it's not sunny for about eight months around here, seven months. And when it is who it feels like Florida during spring break. It does. It does. That's why I love it up here at this time.
Speaker 2: So, Robbie, you were I watched on TV on Fox the Indianapolis five hundred, one of the you know, our favorite race events right in Indianapolis. I think three million people go to that thing. It's like the biggest sporting event in the United States of America, which people don't really realize if you're not a race guy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually the biggest sporting event in the whole in tell your world, for one given day, there has never been a sporting event besides the Indy five hundred where there's over three hundred and fifty thousand spectators watching the race, and I would probably say over four hundred thousand people just around because then you got everyone that go and tailgate, you know, and then they don't even have tickets. So it's the biggest spectacle out there in the sporting event world, and it's phenomenal. It was my first time there, for I'm telling you, it's amazing, Julian. Whenever you get a chance, you should go next year. And this year was the first time that Fox was airing the Indy five hundred, so I got to be a part of it because obviously I'm with Fox, so they put me up to some duties. I got to be the Grand Marshal the snake pit, and I had absolutely no clue what I was getting into. They're like, hey, you want to go, You're going to be part of the snake Pit. Then week a week later, it's news all over the place that I'm a Grand Marshal of the Snake Pit, and everyone's hitting me up. They're like, bro, do you understand what you're getting into. It's kind of like what's that festival and like the Woodstock, kind of like Woodstock, but it's in the middle of the lawn, you know, in between you know, in you know, inside the racetrack, and there's gonna be over thirty thousand people there just going absolute bonkers. And that's what it was. It was so much fun. Fox put me in a situation for me to thrive and succeed, and I sure did, baby, I sure.
Speaker 2: You know that's that's that's good leadership by Fox. I mean I I saw the coverage. You were there, I saw Jeter was there, I saw was there. It was Big Poppy there.
Speaker 1: No, Big Poppy was yes, Tom Tom, Tom was there. So Fox assigned us all to different duties, and clearly me being me, they signed me to the Grand Marshal of the snake Pit, which made so much sense without the hell yeah, and then you had Strahan there sure. I mean, the guy can break down any situation at any given time, whatever it is, So they probably had him doing everything, breaking down the race because his knowledge of every race race, he can break down any situation. You can go from.
Speaker 2: Pop singer to scandal to NASCAR to INDYE to football to uh bts like this guy knows how.
Speaker 1: Interviewing Bill Belichick interviewing Bill at his hottest moment last week. I mean, he can do it all. That's our guy. So not sure what his real duties were because I was busy being the grand marsh of the snakefit. When you're when you're doing that jewels, you don't really know what else is going on. Uh. But Tom was there as well. I think he did a hot lap before the race.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Not sure what Jeter's duties were, but I heard him get announced. He got a big round of applause. A Rod was there as well. I'm sure they were on TV breaking down some of the races and all that, you know, talking to some of the drivers while I was doing my duties at the snake pit. Once again, I can't stop talking about it. You know, I was raging with the DJs getting the crowd hyped. I was in the microphone thirty thousand people, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome through this snake bit.
Speaker 2: Everyone just erupted. It was it was so everyone was erupting. What did they do in Tom's name?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 1: I heard they boot him? They boot him, they boot them, which is rude.
Speaker 2: Which is rude, but it's it's honestly predictable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, understand, I understand that.
Speaker 2: PLI they couldn't beat him for freaking thirty years.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, that was one of my points I made when I was, you know, live in the snake pit. I said, I feel like I'm at home right now because I've owned the Colts my whole entire career when I was on the Patriots, and when you own a team for so long, you feel like you're at home when you're in this city. And I hit them with that. But then I evened it out because I was like, well, the New York Knicks beat my Boston Ceth Dicks, and the Pacers are playing the New York Knicks right now, so go Pacers. So even it out so they like me again. I'm a genius.
Speaker 2: That's crowd work. That's how to work a fucking crowd right there. And you know, Robbie Gs, No, do you remember we went to the Super Bowl and what was it eleven?
Speaker 1: We were?
Speaker 2: We played in Indye, didn't we have? We had like a family event at the Indianapolis five hundred which was fun. That was like our only taste of the Indie five hundred. Awesome that you got to go.
Speaker 1: Talking about myself what I did over the week and I saw that you were at Patrick Mahomes golf event. Yeah, yes, what what's the charity name? Fifteen for Mahomes the home Mahomies, Mahomies, fifteen for Mahomies, Mahomies. Yes, that's really that's a pretty cool name, that is. It's clever. Mahomies. I love, you know, when I'm talking to some people sometimes and they're like, yo, yo, I'm a big fan of Instead of saying Mahomes, they say Mahomies. I've heard that before and I just started to laugh. I think it's really good. It's really clever, and he should like amp up that nickname a little bit more. He should take it in. Mahomies is just great, you know, it really is. So how was that golf event? Dual spill the beans? Who was there? Who did you golf with? I heard Dola was there as well. What was Dola doing there? I know he's a golfer as well. I know like he belongs there, but I'm saying, what was he doing there? Was he having a good time? Spill all the beans? Jewels?
Speaker 2: It was his standard event? Uh saw Kelsey, trav was there, he made an appearance. Patrick was there, clearly. I saw mister Mahomes tapped him up. I said, hey, man, I'm with you over there. I saw the fight against Crook or whatever that one dude in Brocker and then, uh, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to see that fight go down. I wanted. I think he made too.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, well we listened not to get into that, but also, uh, Dola, he you know, Dola was just dolaing around a Q.
Speaker 1: Shipley was there or he's awesome Shipley Man. I played with him for a year or two and Tampa.
Speaker 2: We found out, like I never really met him, but I watched him on the McAfee show, and I love his segments where they were always breaking down the offensive line play and ship and it was cool to connect with him. He's who I talked to probably the most. H we have the same birthday, born the same year, same birthday, so pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, happy birthday month to you, Juels to myself and a q Shipley baby.
Speaker 2: A q Shipley, awesome dude, there, you know there was there was a bunch of dudes. There is standard golf event, you know, a bunch of people with a lot of money, uh paid a play golf and it was a scramble Shadow Creek in Vegas, spectacular course. Like everyone keeps on always saying Augusto. I don't know, I heard that like a million times, like, hey, this isn't this remind you kind of Augusta? I Like, I'm not that smart, but I heard it like five times. People they were what is it called comparing They were that's a hard word. They were comparing to Augusta. But uh, nothing like you know, it was fun and it was for a great cause. Fifteenth fifteen in Mahomies. I think he helps a bunch of kids that you know, mentoring and sports need, sports equipment. Very awesome thing. And I know they raised a bunch of money. Always great to see that. Let's shift over to what.
Speaker 1: Did you golf with? First?
Speaker 2: Who was in your court show with I golfed with this these oil traders.
Speaker 1: You know money, you know, they all got all them Texas guys.
Speaker 2: You know they're talking about that oil. I had no clue. I said, hey, I'm a California tech guy. They said, yeah, buddy, you got to get into that liquid gold. I said, what's the liquid gold? They said that oil.
Speaker 1: I think oil is more than liquid gold. It's probably liquid with liquid platinum. Yeah, there we go. Now we gotten. Now we're talking.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they were cool dudes. One of them was from New Hampshire. They were all lived in Texas and they were all oil traders. It was a cool event, great.
Speaker 1: Food, well talking about you know, the golfing and and the oil guys and being from Texas. One of my favorite shows right now is Lamb Man with Billy Bob thorin Funny was he there? Did you get the golf any chance?
Speaker 2: Dang it?
Speaker 1: You know he loves Billy Bob Thorn. I love of his wife as well, while his ex wife and Lamb Man as well.
Speaker 2: You know that's the same chick from Varsity Blues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that put the whipped cream all over that's like school as a bikini. Who doesn't know that.
Speaker 2: Well, if Billy Bob was there, I would have been infatuated to see what he would have been wearing, because I've seen this guy doing the press tours. You see he looks like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbeane. Ive seen him with some hats and scarfs and shit, and he plays like these like po dunk dudes. But then he comes out when.
Speaker 1: He does all this media and he's like super.
Speaker 2: Creative and like fucking pirate e and shit, like let's see look at this Billy Thorn was I love, he's fucking Jack Sparrow. He got a done with the hat and all this shit. Dude, he but you gotta be a cool dude to be dressing like that, and he's a cool motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And to be able to just change character like that at all times, like the character that he as a landman does not represent him at all the way that he is dressed there. That's when you wrong you are a legit actor as well, when you're the best of the best out there is when you can just be one guy one day than just another guy another day.
Speaker 2: Before we get into our guys, we also, should you know, give a shout out to Jim Rsay. You know, he was a I think he was one of the longest standing owners for the league. Took it over from his dad when his dad passed. You know, there's a lot of beef between our organizations, but you know we respect the hell out of Yes, you know, the Colts and and mister Ersay. He did a lot for this this league. I remember him always being heavily involved in you know, lockout stuff, and whenever you hear a cult player talk about Jim irsay, with whatever craziness you love, it's all love. I mean McAfee went like an hour two hours of his show just telling stories. That's how big of an impact he had on a McAfee. I mean, he just seemed like a guy that people loved. The guitar collection, he had a bunch of talents, weightlifter. So shout out to Jim mersaying, you know, we lost one and he was a big, key pivotal guy for our league into where it's going.
Speaker 1: So estressing peace Jim RP for everything that you have done for the NFL. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Should we get into some dudes, yes we shall, all right, Well, let's give us the AI summary. All right, our first dude.
Speaker 1: Standing six foot one inch tall, weighing two hundred and forty eight pounds, this bruising fullback was selected thirty fifth overall in the second round of the nineteen ninety six NFL Draft. He grew up in Jodiette, Illinois, Yeah, and starred at Purdue University. In the NFL. He was known for his punishing runnings and versatility. He earned six Pro Bowl selections, a Super Bowl ring, and remains the all time touchdown leader in Tampa Bay Buccaneers history. Let's get on Mike all Stop, Oh my god, and Jules, what's the first thing that you think of when you hear the name Mike all Stop? For me? For me though, real quick before you like, I believe that he was bigger than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization. He was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization at that time, you know, that era when I was growing up and watching him, and that's what you know. The first thing that comes to my memory is that he's a Tampa Bay buccaneer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, first of you for me, neck roll, first thing, I like that, and then freaking boomer just going.
Speaker 1: Remember on all his highlights ego like this gid.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a bruiser, and I just remember like he started I as his full back and then he was getting tailback touches and he was producing crazy amounts of yards. If you like the most north and south guy you can ever think of, and if you were a white guy that was a lineman, you know what I mean, White linemen that were like in high school. I just always remember that they loved Mike Alstock because he was like the epiphany that maybe this is what it would look like if I got the ball, and you know what I mean, he gave so much hope to every freaking little white lineman that was like six foot two point forty in high school that played fucking guard center or anything, like, you know what, if I hit a gross spurt, I could potentially be Mike alstot mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. Was he like a super superstar in college? I know only about him when he was on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But did he actually like get handoffs in college or in as well, or did that start once you got in the second round? I know, because he was that beastly of a full back. Like what was his style in college as well? Like, what was his stats? All right, so he played a one hundred uh no, that's his NFL stats. What was his college stats? That got him drafted in the second round because being that beastly at the full back position, he at least had to show some skill set that he could still run the ball as well, you know, at that full back position.
Speaker 2: I mean he had three yards. He had three seasons over twelve hundred yards month.
Speaker 1: So that's why absolute savage in college as well. I never knew his.
Speaker 2: College feen touchdowns back to back over one thousand yards years his junior year and senior year, eight hundred yards his sophomore year, and as a freshman he had like two hundred yards. So that's what got him drafted in the second round as well, because he was showing the ability that he could run the ball as well. His rookie year he had sixty five catches. I mean, he was a great out of the backfield. He was great out of the Tom Rathman esque.
Speaker 1: Just overall, just a great back, including being a full and a running back. He's a back, yeah, He's just a back. He could play in any era.
Speaker 2: He could play it in the area. He could play right now. He'd be great.
Speaker 1: Right now, he would be It would bring back that old school mentality. Imagine him on the Baltimore Ravens right now with Lamar Jackson Henry what is the full back and then he also has the I have a bit handed off to him too. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: What's his name? Fullback? Ravens big boy. He's the old defensive lineman number. He's like two hundred ninety pounds. Recard, Yeah, Recards a fucking monster too.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He's but he gets a couple here and there in the little yeah waggles. Do you look at him just I'm gonna get right into it. Do you look at him as the best fullback of all time? I think he's probably the best hybrid fullback of all time because you look at Neil uh that guy. I mean, he was the fullback for like four rushing champs. Uh you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Uh? So Mike ousatt sto best fullback of all time as.
Speaker 2: The running full back complete, I think he's the best running fullback of all time. Okay, and I'm not trying to downplay his blocking because war Done had some fucking yards with him as well. But I'm just saying, like Riggins was insane. There's a bunch of guys that the fullback position. What he did is he revolutionized the fullback position. It used to be the fullback usually used to just get a concussion every day because he had to hit a linebacker ten times in a row full speed, or the detackle on a wam or a you know what I mean, He's just getting concussions. He, as in Mike Alstott, literally revolutionized it. We're like, hey, maybe we should give this big ass dude the ball on a short yardage play. Started doing that, and then all of a sudden, he starts running for fucking fifty five yards, jumping over dude, blowing people up, you know what I mean. So it's hard to say he's the best of all time because the guys before I don't think they got the opportunity like him, which he earned that opportunity because he showed it in practice. He showed that he had the speed and everything to be able to do it. But he's definitely up there. He's the best running fullback of all time.
Speaker 1: I believe. M hm. We'll be right back after this quick break. What I love about Mike Allstudy is that he just represents a football player. Well, let me see, this guy was a football player. Like if you had to describe a football player, what a football player does, that's Mike Allstart, just the way he had no fear. And I don't envy these fullbacks. I'm telling you that right now. I love blocking Jewels, but I love blocking a guy that's, you know, his hands down right in front of me, right on the line of screams. I'm talking. These guys are tapped. Bro. I got two brothers that are full back. I know one play three years, the other one played about two years in the NFL. And the way that they just line up in the backfield run five yards at a linebacker that has a full head of steam running five yards as well and just has that big, huge collision. It's like a car crash on a daily ba. I don't envy that they're tapped to another level. They're special. It's wild that gene that they have that they want to do that. Like James Devlin, absolute savage as well. I just tried to call James. Probably need them pick up, James. We're trying to call you, trying to call him because he's a neck roll guy too. Neck roll.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what you think of when you think of fullback.
Speaker 1: Neck roll.
Speaker 2: Darryl Johnson don't forget him so well. People don't realize the fullback. Throughout the week Wednesday Thursday, which are the two hitting days, we have these nine on seven practice drills where it's like you're it's just run game inside run game. And I remember watching this and every freaking play it's just Dantae high Tower going full speed at James Devlin, head to head combat every single play. These dudes are fucking calcified. Their heads are that's what they do. They hit, they fucking their bricks. I wonder how he was in the weight room, because I bet you he was just a fucking like every fullback, they have dedicated weight room time. Well, you know, like whenever the fullback is in the weight room, it's like his weight room. You know, there's there's like a box of smelling salts there. His knees are wrapped, the elbows are wrapped. And I'm just talking off of like James Devlin and the guys that I play with. But I can only imagine it's the same way everywhere. There's usually like a bottle of n explode right before, like right next to him, so they could take a shot every time they're about to hit the squats.
Speaker 1: Like that's what the fullback energy is. I mean, the guy trained by pushing a car one hundred yards, that's full back energy as well.
Speaker 2: Right car though, uh jeep O there is I remember that energy.
Speaker 1: Jeep ain't easy. The push man. A jeep is an off roading machine. No like that thing, you know, it's technically a decent sized car. So that's kind of describes Mike Austin as well. He's like the off road jeep you know that could also you know, have some talent to maneuver on the highway and juke some dudes and all start was the guy like had the neck roll. He's a guy that looked like he could never duke a defender ever, like he's just gonna run over an opponent, which he did on a daily basis. But then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, this guy had footwork that looked like a running back and he would juke a safety, a defensive back or a linebacker in the open field and go for an extra fifteen. It's like, oh, where did that footwork come from? Like unbelievable that he had that in him. And that's what made him so great as a ball carrier as well. And then also what made him great too. I feel like, yeah, he had those jukes, but when he was running over guys and blocking guys, this guy kept his feet moving. And they always emphasized that great coaches, offensive line coaches, you know, tight end coaches, when you're in the blocking game, or when you're running at someone or trying to get when someone's trying to tackle, you keep your feet moving, keep the high knees going. And Mike Alstott was the perfect example of that. If you watch his highlight film, but Boom, his feet were always rolling. He never stopped him. And that's what makes you great. That momentum never stops and you just keep trucking over mofos. And that's what he did. You know what, and hold on, let me finish on michaelstar Qui. The greatest thing about him. If you want to get the chills, if you want to see what a true football player is, you want to get amped up, you watch one of the greatest highlight films of all time, and that's Mike Alstein.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It'll, it'll get the hair, It'll get the hair on the back lifted. Now.
Speaker 2: I just had a thought in my head if Mike Olstalt was a car. You know, he reminds me of He reminds me of the New Escalade with the Z six engine in it.
Speaker 1: Where that thing?
Speaker 2: Have you heard those fucking cars? It's the Corvette engine in the Escalade. So it's got giddy up, but it's a big fucking piece of mass. And that's what he was.
Speaker 1: He was the Escalade, the New Escalade with fucking it's a big piece. It's a big car. Look at the horse he's under it.
Speaker 2: Look at look at look at the engine, and I think it's a six point three supercharged Corvette engine. These things are fucking fast. My buddy got one. I don't even have a fucking escalator anything. This isn't an ad or anything. This is just literally what I thought. Supercharged super charge fucking six point three. That's that's Mike Alstott. Supercharge escalator.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit too, like you gotta switch it up, maybe add some tires to it or something.
Speaker 2: That's still America. I'll about put some.
Speaker 1: Like you know, like key the katy, escalate a little back, put some bruises on it, some scars.
Speaker 2: Well, you just change the tires. You're not gonna have rims on it.
Speaker 1: Once it gets dirty, never washed it either. That was uh, you know represent I'm talking and more to Zach you know t But okay, performance wise makes sense. I remember that game.
Speaker 2: Go back the two touchdowns in the Division round versus the Niners in two thousand and two, seventeen carries eighty seven yards, two touchdowns, Bunks Bucks stomped the Niners thirty one to six en route to the NFC championship.
Speaker 1: Was that what Jeff Garcia?
Speaker 2: He'd have like only eighty seven yards, But you didn't see the third and four or the third and two where he like just blew up four dudes and he'd have such great situational runs like he was. He is the perfect four minute back four minute being like the last four minute. It's a situation that we all play out in our head when you play football, the last four minutes of the game. How if you have a lead, how do you sustain the time and take the time off the clock. You have to have long sustaining drives, but you also have to keep the clock running. A guy like him would be a four minute fucking running backs wet dream.
Speaker 1: And another trait that he had which never's really been talked about because as a full back you usually don't have patients. You're ready just to rip someone's head off and you're just ready to run with a full set of you know, full head of steam and just go take somebody out. And there's no patience. This guy had patients has a full back, and that's rare because, like I just said, you're trying to run just full speed to just level someone. But with the ball in his hands, he let the play develop. You know, he was patients, you know, with the way that he ran north and south patience, good jump cut, yes, great jump up. He was more north and south, but he just had that it feeling for the game of football at the full back position as well.
Speaker 2: You know what, And people who don't realize that he was great out out of the backfield catching the ball.
Speaker 1: I remember him.
Speaker 2: I remember watching him catch the ball a bunch too on those little wide routes him and work done on those double wide routes. Him and work Done together were a great little combo. Work Done was one of my favorite little running backs too. And they Rendez Barbara on the other side, Derek Brooks. This was a fucking legendary team. John Lynch shout out, fucking break your neck over the middle, like this was up these teams.
Speaker 1: I'm glad Lynch didn't play when I was playing, dude. He so my rookie year, I would have been knocked out like four more times up that scene. And Tom when I f cared, he would have still thrown me the ball, like, oh, that's Ghan Lench. I'll let Rob get you know, leveled. John Lynch was. He used to murder people, murder I remember I did.
Speaker 2: A thing with what's the sporting goods store out here, Modell's. I did a thing with Modell's and on the clearance track it was like my rookie year. There was a bunch of John Lynch Patriots jerseys because he was on the team for like a camp, and so they probably ordered a bunch of jerseys. I saw some can come pick it up.
Speaker 1: And another thing that as you know, had in his tools is that which is actually the most important thing I feel like his leverage. He knew that the game of football was dependent on leverage. Perfect size to get that leverage, so he can blow up whatever defender he needed to or break a tackle and like to get low like that and underneath someone else's paths. He was the master Adam and that's kind of what made him so.
Speaker 2: Like when you were in Tampa for that year a couple of years, was there like an all Stot aura in there? Could you know? Did you know he was part of the organization?
Speaker 1: I mean, whenever he came around, you had that.
Speaker 2: He came around a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lot, you know, michae Alstott. I know he's big in the community, but you know he came around every once in a while. But whenever he came around and I got to meet him, I was kind of in awe because, like I said, allstart one of the baddest ass football players to ever live. You know, you got to show respect to the ones that were before you as well. And he kind of is similar with the style I play, but I would say that he's even a notch above me, and he did it at a higher level than me. Of that aggressiveness and playing the game of football, especially at the fallback position, which takes a lot more to do. But you feel that presence when he's around, and you appreciate it and you respect it to the highest level.
Speaker 2: Now, well, who's a mount rushmore of power runners? Let's get it, give us a let's see what the power runners are, because I think he'd be in there. Riggins would be in the who else Kazanka Larry zaka Larry's power runner?
Speaker 1: Oh what about the guy and the Giants back in the day when we were kids. Oh loved Bran and Jacobs, Brandon Jacobs man?
Speaker 2: Or what about Peyton hillis for that one year?
Speaker 1: Oh Payton Hellis, Yeah, He's definitely up there. He was on the cover of Madden for a year.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jim Brown was a fucking power runner. If you watch him like he was the biggest fastest man on the god damn field, like no one can I remember him punishing people like Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: Derrick Henry definitely. Steve Ridley had it in him too. I loved when d was at full strength. That's why it was his second year. He went over four thousand yards, but Red ran over a couple of fools as well, remember the game in London, Yeah, versus at the time the Saint Louis Rams just put his freaking shoulder down, just plaster plastered him.
Speaker 2: Earl Campbell, he was a physical runner. Remember those four arm shots he would give guys trying to take them down. I would go mount rushmore of power runners. Well, this is gonna be this is gonna be going hot in the comments section probably.
Speaker 1: But you're you're putting running backs in there as well. Mike Alstat was a full back. But we're just gonna combine them all. Such a power of a powerhouse of a runner.
Speaker 2: You gotta go all right this I'm gonna put I'll start one. I'm gonna go John Riggans to you. There's only four spots you got to.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely gonna put Mike Alstart up there that you.
Speaker 2: Could take All Star three. I'm going to old Campbell.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: I fucking loved Darryl Campbell as an oil oiler. I didn't love him, I just remember watching his highlights kidneys.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with for the one year just overall. Actually no, no, my mind just changed. Last one. I was gonna give it to pay in hell. It's just for the one year two years they had in Cleveland, because it was absolutely absurd what he was doing. He was running cover, he was he was on the man cover. That's how good of a year that he had. And he was running over Archerynnis Marshall Lynch. I'm going with Jerome Bennis the bus, the bus. How can I not go with the bus? Like That's all the guy did was run with power. Marshaun Lynch was fucking powerful, especially so many good ones. It's hard to have a mount rushmore of power runners, jewels who created this like this. This is a stupid because they're all great.
Speaker 2: What a rookie card on a on a heart?
Speaker 1: What is it? A Harley? That's when you know you're badass. You're on the motorcycle looking like a stud, you know, filling out your chin, just actually eyeing down all the cheerleaders, just you know, during your photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Guy absolutes those look like twenty two inch arms too, dog those arms and look at his forearms. I bet you he could hit a baseball. Looks like an actor there he does. He looks like a beefy fucking looks like in top Gun. Yeah, you know what, he's a pilot. I don't, dude, he may be too big to be a pilot. Definitely, those little cockpits.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Man did he?
Speaker 2: I mean that was fucking the late late nineties, early two thousands, everyone did. I mean, Errique Iglaci has brought that ship out. Remember that we all had this, the little spice tips.
Speaker 1: Actually, I've never messed with my hair ever before. I wish I had spice.
Speaker 2: I went to private school, so we'd put like, spray the ship in your hair and get in trouble.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: What kind of dude is Mike all Stock?
Speaker 1: I mean he's everything.
Speaker 2: He's got dog tendencies. He's definitely probably was he did. He have dude dudes kind of vibes.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you're blocking your face off like that for your tears. Always a dude's always a dude, no matter what, no matter what, whiz.
Speaker 2: He's kind of whiz. He innovated a fullback to be a tailback. There would be no Peyton Hillis if there was no fucking Mike Alstott.
Speaker 1: Freak of nature.
Speaker 2: He's definitely, I mean, he's absolutely too sick. He's also stud though. You see that, you see that rookie photo That's exactly what I thought. I said, what kind of fucking guy has a rookie photo on a Harley with this goddamn forearms that are eighteen inches, his biceps are twenty two.
Speaker 1: That's that's Studeley. It really is.
Speaker 2: On three one two three stove.
Speaker 1: He really is. I mean, that's all rounded us. He was also the face of a team.
Speaker 2: There's no like dogs aren't usually face you can be a face of a team, face off a team that didn't even get much attention, but then went out and won a Super Bowl with yes, you know what I mean, and he was a huge part of it. Can't can't forget Warren Sapp and the Darek Brooks and that great defense Ronde Barber Kiffin fucking calling like they had some Those were some great teams. But everyone knew Mike Alsto. You know, we were on the West coast and that was like.
Speaker 1: Tampa Bay Bucks. Mike hal Stock, Yes, all right, all right, let's get in the next guy. Let's do it. Got the AI summary right here in my hands. Standing feet four inches tall and weighing around two hundred and fifty pounds during his playing days, he grew up in Daily City, California, and played and played college football at cal Poly sam Lewis oh Abispo Obispo as an offensive tackle. He was drafted in the twenty first round of the nineteen fifty eight NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Goes. My mind was just blown because I just learned something. Juliant. There was that many rounds in the NFL draft back then. He took twenty first round. How many rounds were there? Total? Thirty rounds total? Yeah, that's absurd when we started. I'm glad they knocked it down a little bit that that would be way too much. If there was thirty round it won't even make sense, won't even make sense. You'd have better have lower drosters. But was there less teams? Was there only like ten teams? Is that why there was thirty rounds? They're just throwing out there. It's like kind of getting drafted to go to the military, and if someone showed up, they showed up, then great kind But if they didn't show up, well, he didn't show up. That's why we drafted fifty players. Story to the military. That's when we know they just didn't have it. You're gonna draft fifty guys back then and the ones that don't show, we already know they don't have it, more like baseball in that military. But yeah, will take it. And he went on to become one of the most successful head coaches in NFL history, winning over one hundred games and securing a Super Bowl title in nineteen seventy seven. After his playing and coaching days were over, his football intellect and natural charisma helped him become a legendary broadcaster, pitch man, video game pioneer, and cultural icon. Let's get on John Madden. Madden and Jules. What's the first thing that you think of when you hear the name John Madden?
Speaker 2: The tur ducan?
Speaker 1: Oh tur duck.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't think of the turduckan. This guy used to cut the damn turduckan with his fingers. Those big ass offensive line sausages that he had. He cut the tur ducan on Thanksgiving and he would reward the MVP of Thanksgiving Day with the turduck and turkey, leg chicken, whatever the thing is, whatever it is, he would give it to him. We all know about it because of John Madden. Thanksgiving, John Madden Football. When you watch it John Madden, if you're a kid that's in his thirties or lower forties, maybe even early fifties, taught you the game of football through his video game. John Madden is one of the most important names for the NFL, one of the most important names for the National Football League. I mean, you got kids out in Tokyo and Africa and India playing American football because of John Madden video game. I don't know if that's actually true. I know it's the highest grossing American video game of all time. But you know, it sounded good. It sounded good. That's all matters, that's all. But you know, he Daily City. I love John Madden because he's a fellow college of Sam Matteo m Go Bulldogs went to CSM, the same Juco that I went to. He was born and raised in Daily City, so he had a huge Bay Area Bay Area influence. And then he also coached the Raiders. Legendary got them their first was it their first super Bowl? Got them their first Super Bowl with Al Davis, with that corner stone organization and the history of that organization. To be the guy that brings them their first I mean, he's just he's an absolute legend. His name is synonymous with football.
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you, being a California guy. How did being a NorCal guy shape his approach to the game. That's a question I did about you. Well, I mean it's not even just John Madden. How is just being a NorCal guy overall? I mean John Madden set the standard, but like, how did that change the approach or how did he see it, you know, approaching the game, you know, just being from California.
Speaker 2: Well, if you look at him on and how he was on TV, very approachable, very like there's always the stories of how John Madden took the bus everywhere and was always big in the community that he was visiting, would go up to people he was like the most famous guy in football, and he would go hang out at like the local restaurant. And I think maybe, and that's what the Knower Colnis he has is being able to be a very intellectual dude but be able to break it down to simple for everyone to understand. Kind of techie, kind of techy. I mean, he's C plus plus and ship.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's the answer that we're looking for. And all of a sudden, he's are from He's.
Speaker 2: Shipped for you to understand the coding football the regular viewer to understand. I mean, I mean, Daily City, the freaking cloudiest place in the world, but awesome right by the SFO.
Speaker 1: Literally, it's the It's why their geniuses. They don't go outside of the cloudy cloudy. What's the point of going outside there's no sun. You will stay inside. You become a tech master, tech master.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of what he was. Well in the Bay Area that you have this mountain range that is along the whole coast, and it funnels all that fog right from both north and south right into like Daily City, and so Daily City always freaking foggy. Shout out. Ceremony, Uh, that's over there. Ceremony was this mall where everyone would go get their Air Force ones. It was in Daily City, shout out? Is he the best greatest broadcaster of all time?
Speaker 1: Greatest broadcaster of all time? He was definitely one of the best broadcasters of all time. There's so many good broadcasters now, no doubt about it. I would say, in that era and being that consistent for that long of a time, yes, you got to give it to him, I would say, right, who'd be up there in that competition? There's there's a lot of great ones. I mean, I don't know John Mann is the guy, but he is just the guy. And that's why he got the video game cover. Hey, I like wop. I want to say wop wop. Just the way that he broke down plays too. He like you said, he invented the illustrator. That that's why he is who he is, because you said it. He made the game simple, and the game of football is not simple. There's a lot going on, especially for you the quarterback. You got to know fifteen things going on in a matter of a split two seconds. You got to know where the safeties are, who's blitzing off, what the defensive lineman's doing, what your wide receivers are doing, what are the calls at the offensive line position. And then when he broke it down, when John Madden broke it down on that little you know, chalk board or whatever, he desjoyed. Yeah, he's the one who started that type of shit too. To break it down with the fans. He made it simple for fans to understand the game of football for people that don't play the game of football, because it's hard to understand the game of football if you don't play it. And if you can break it down easy, it gets the fans more involved. And that's also what made him so iconic, is he got so many fans involved in understanding the game of football because he broke it down so easily. And that's kind of how I am too. I appreciate when it's simple. Jeles when McDaniels was calling fifty calls at the line of scrimmage, you got to do that when the butcher's I'm like, no, it's a lot for me. You gotta think. I like when it's simple. And McDaniels found that out too, as I also recorded, and he's like, I'm just gonna keep it simple for rock and that's when you thrive the most. So I appreciate John Madden for keeping it simple. You understand it and you can just go out there and do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: They call that kiss keep it simple, silly, My dad used to say, stupid. Though you ever meet John Madden, I didn't get to meet John men. I never have either, but it feels like I feel like I know we ever did meet. Hi. Yeah, It's like you feel like you're you're a good friend. You know what he also did, like he brought in the telestrator.
Speaker 1: He brought in.
Speaker 2: You know, Madden. I remember hearing stories that they originally wanted to make it eight verse eight because they didn't have the technology to do eleven verse eleven. He and he was like, hard, no, if we're going to teach football, we're gonna teach it correctly. He taught football to the viewer, the telestrater. What that did and what that showed was that gave an inside look of how a coach coaches a player. You know, the great telestrator coaches that we had. I had Scotti O'Brien where these guys would sit up there for twenty minutes and they'd be doing John Madden shit. All right, you guys, He'd draw like a butt here, a butt here, you gotta get up there and go. And these guys get on these telestrators and they think they're fucking Picasso or something, and you know, and it's you know, it brought the best out of it.
Speaker 1: It brought the best and it was a form of entertainment and it was and it it broke it down simpler as well.
Speaker 2: And made it simple. And he was the first John Mann was the first to show people. That's how we broke down film. That's how like probably in those days they had overhead projectors where they would show all, right, guys, this is what we're doing, and like that that little thing right there is so huge. And now you look at like how they show games now everyone every network is always trying to look for that new thing. That's like the telestrator with all the different camera angles, the fucking hammer that goes in behind and everything, like all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You could.
Speaker 2: He's a pioneer a lot of that shit, you know what I mean. The Madden game. I mean, I mean John Madden so legendary. They already have a movie coming out about John Madden. You got Nicholas Cage playing Madden, and I've seen some pictures of him.
Speaker 1: He kind of looks exactly like Madden. I don't know how they do that. Nicholas Cage is a skinnier guy, and like, what do they do? Fill them up with pillows? Yeah, I mean when I might just fill myself self up with pillows, I'd be uh in one corner, my brother would be in the other corner, and we call it zooms and you just get as big as you possibly can and stuff as many pillows as you can, and you would run full speed at each other and just crash right into each other, kind of like Mark Allstop versus any linebacker, and you would meet at the line of scrimmage and then we would just go flying backwards. But our protection was the pillows. So that's what I guess Nicholas Cage is doing right now.
Speaker 2: Let me explain something to some people out there. For all you people that think, like, oh, I got a baby gronk in my house, look at this kid's His form of entertainment was running full speed into a wall with pillows.
Speaker 1: Into another person built different into another wall, into another person. Ship. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He literally the former entertainment was playing hockey downstairs and fucking running into each other. That looks like Madden.
Speaker 1: That's Nicholas Cage. Holy ship. They got his titties and everything. I'm gonna be watching the movie.
Speaker 2: Remember he used to have man boobs. We all love Madden's man boobs.
Speaker 1: Would you have rather played for John Madden, as you know, with him being the head coach, or would you rather have been his broadcast partner?
Speaker 2: I'd rather play with him, played for him. I heard he was an awesome players coach. I took a picture recently in a bathroom I forgot where I was, and it was a quote of John Madden. He goes, guys, what was it? I think it was like, you can't break if you don't make a lot of rules, guys can't break them. It was something like along that line. Didn't I send it to you guys?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fewer, the fewer rules the coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.
Speaker 1: Keeps it simple, keeps his the rules that he has probably get fouled so well because there's not so many rules. And I think he did only have three rules. What were they? They were simple, beyond time, pay attention. This is like Kindergarten. I love it. Yeah, I could have thrived. That could have gotten an a you know, playing for John Madden back in the day, and play hard when I tell you. I like that. So what if he doesn't tell you to play hard? You don't have to play hard. You're probably just playing your game. But then like when he really needs like that team to step up, his team to step up to another.
Speaker 4: Level, brings him in the huddel Hey, motherfuckers. I need you guys to play hard right now and whoop the motherfucking asses and then they go out there and play hard.
Speaker 1: I bet you he had.
Speaker 2: He probably had some great like pregame speeches.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy knows how to talk, savvy, savvy, clever, and it was like always like entertaining talk like the booms, and you know, he would come up with names and he would like he analogized the regular man shit to like I really look up to people like John Madden that just have that wittiness to them. There's a lot of people like that. Greg Olsen has a stray hand has it, you know, Terry Bradshaw has it. Like you put him in any situation and they can just be witty with whatever's going on or figure out a way to explain what's going on or a way to ask a question of what's being evaluated right there. John Madden had that, the words he would come up with, the way he would explain things. You gotta be born with that trait. I mean you can develop it a little bit. I got it in a way, like, but they have it to a whole another level and it's like I envy it. I love it. I love what they just do. And John Madden had that and that's what made him so great rate as well. And that's what made him such a great speaker and a guy to explain the game and broadcaster and coach, because you can relate to people when you can, you know, speak like that. And I I I loved I love people like that. And it's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's he's one of the only he's the only broadcaster to go on the four big networks NBC, CBS, ABC and then go into Fox.
Speaker 1: He did all four. He did the Big Four.
Speaker 2: That's when you know you're good hearing old stories from Shanks, one of our bosses at Fox. He used to say that, like John basically gave the template of how we're gonna call the game like and it was basically like a playsheet of like how they you would prepare for a game, like the information groups, like building a scouting system.
Speaker 1: There's he taught the people on like.
Speaker 2: What information he wanted to see, like what the coach's request for all the film guys for when they're breaking down an opponent. I heard like he was a huge part of all that. I could be completely wrong and may have just thought that through my brain. But I remember Shank's talking about a lot about Madden.
Speaker 1: No, definitely.
Speaker 2: He was one of the first guys that brought into interviewing with the players the night before.
Speaker 1: Whenever you hear like, oh, were you talking to this guy?
Speaker 2: You know, like that was John Madden.
Speaker 1: And that's a true inside perspective into the game. Is when you get inside the heads of a player. And John Madden started that, like you said, and that helps you out in the booth as well, and it gives you know, a better perspective to the fans in the sports. It's in the game all right, before we get on though and figure out what type of guy he is. Jules, I got a question, what was your best Madden rating? I don't know, Yeah, you do know, I really don't. Come on, you don't know.
Speaker 2: It was in the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you mine. You were a ninety nine club. Yeah, I was a ninety nine club or babe. That's why I asked you that. So boost my ego up a little bit. Ninety nine club a couple of times as well. What was that? I don't think I really deserved it, like one of the years, but I was a ninety nine er a few times my best?
Speaker 2: What was my best? Ninety five?
Speaker 1: Ninety five that's not bad. Ninety five is really good overall. It must have been your speed that knocked you down. Yeah, your quickness is definitely ninety nine should be elite. What's your speed? What was your forty? By the way, four eight? Oh that's not bad. Actually I won. Yeah, but your quickness is just through the roof, through the roof.
Speaker 2: Jewels ninety five. Overall, that's not bad. You run the cover? What year twelve? I think it was you run the cover? Man?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, jeles so much cool shit I forget. Yes, yes, thanks man, I appreciate it. It was really cool man. I think it was twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: You didn't get hurt after the curse was gone. It was it was gone. I forgot the guy before me broke it who was on it the year before?
Speaker 1: Remember that? But yeah, I was grind spiking on the cover. I mean it was special, dude. It was really special to be on the cover of Madden. So I just want to give a big shout up to John Madden for creating Madden and giving me the opportunity to be on the cover. And it was special, dude. It really was just just you know, it's an honor be in that category, you know, to be recognized like that. You know, that was one of the coolest things that happened to me while I was playing, you know, in the NFL. It really was hell yeah, I mean that's a huge honnor.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know my score, but like I remember, back when we were playing, we all looked at our score. I knew I was on a high ninety of some sort at my best, but like, that was a huge thing in the locker room.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got guys that like that's all they care about. Now, that's all they care about, is God damn. I mean, what was it the New York Giants they were or was it the Jets? They were cutting guys based on their Madden score.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what they said. I mean in the Grand was running it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that just shows how influential, yeah, influential, and how legit Madden is. Let's get ado, what kind of dude is John Madden. I think this one's easy easy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's definitely a stud drafted in the twentieth round, maybe a freak we all see the man boobs that's out of love. Uh definitely had some dogging him because I've seen a mother f some people. You see a mother f in the old footages. He used to yell and he used to remember he used to have all those great commercials. He used to have a lot of great commercials. He's definitely a dude's dude. But I think it's easy what he is. It is on three one two, three whiz. Why do you think he's a whiz.
Speaker 1: He's a whiz. I mean, like you said, he broadcasted for all you know, four of the major stations. He was a head coach. He was a player in just the way he broke down games. You gotta be a smart and intellectual guy in order to do that. And I would say that's his number one aspect of who he was was just his knowledge. And when you got that knowledge, you're a whiz.
Speaker 2: He literally got inside the game, as EA would say, because of John Matten.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into the chill as Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer, Coors Like It Coors Light delivered straight to your door visit coreslight dot com slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite time every time on the podcast is when I get the crack of corps Light cole as the rocket, because every time I sip, I feel more relaxed, I feel more chilled. So cheers celebrate responsibly are nice and blue Blues Clues Blues And for this week's chills Dude of the Week, we're reacting to some of your hottest sports takes. Let everyone to it.
Speaker 3: Let's go Jules Gronk Sam from Northeast Ohio.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: My hottest sports take is this.
Speaker 3: The Ken State Golden Flashes football program is a million times better than the Arizona Tended Kittens football program, past, present and future. Hey, Gronk, Wildcats more like the Mildcats.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can't argue.
Speaker 1: I know you're not gonna argue, and I know you think that's freaking bet. I think that's one of the worst takes of all time going and Flashes can't even beat the Buffalo Bulls where I grew up right down the street. When when when my friend. When I got to Arizona, my friend Pete Binner was off into Lineman and he won the mac. Kent State was nowhere to be found, and that was in like, oh wait, you got that James Stark as a running back. The only reason why I knew about Kent State was well, once I got to meet you, you put Ken State on the map. And because that was just a team, the Buffalo Bulls ran over I got. I gotta give you credits. Fucking hot takes pretty funny. You know a comedian thinks he's funny. Peanut Gallery, Arizona, Timid Kittens. I mean, if you're talking about the sority girls, and yes, he's right. He must have visited there and saw what it was all about and got caught up in that and forgot that we have an all right football program. He's kind of right in that our football program very mild. I think this is what he's trying to explain. Let's hear it. If what about our basketball program? Though? What about ours? We've been doing a leite eate. I mean we were in sixteen the last four years.
Speaker 2: Eight in two thousand and one, maybe three with Antonio Gates.
Speaker 1: But this is what he's trying to get. This is okay, I know I know what you Kent State in the mac. Have you been in Kent State? Never have? All Right, he's been to Miami, Ohio. We did great school, great school, love it. Bridge can shut out the brick street, drank plenty of these cors lights there, and I have my jersey hanging up.
Speaker 2: Miami, Ohio is in South Ohio. We're Northeast Ohio. So you're right by a big ass lake called Lake Erie. Okay, well we just talked about Like Erie too. We just talked about daily City being damn gladly. Kent is probably cloudy here, Okay. If Kent was in the beautiful desert with a lot of kittens running around like you talked about, I think that our team would be better. So that's what he's trying to say. With all your facilities, the beauty of your campuses, the great weather that you have, he's basically saying, you guys have a dogshit program, because that if you guys were to ever come and set foot in Northeast Ohio, you guys should be ten times worse than us.
Speaker 1: That's what he's saying. I got no more next call. I didn't. I didn't go to Arizona for the football program. Buddy, just put it that way, You're like, like, we were three and ten. The year I committed to Arizona. It offers the Ohio State collap They were all top two in the world in college football. I went to Arizona not because the football program was, you know, ranked top ten every year. Well, I went to Kiss forty guys. We invented the plasma TV. Well, we have a very good NASA program. We send a lot of rockets to space. We're top five in fashion programs. We have a top twenty five business school that I was in. Then I dropped out because my brother was in and it looked really hard, so I dropped out to marketing and science.
Speaker 2: Well you're not going to beat this one. Yeah, Kent State on my official visit, told me we have a top two tasting tap water in America.
Speaker 1: While talking about top two tasting things, I learned what jungle juice was because of the University of Arizona, and that's a top tasting drink. Can't beat that. Next call, All right, I knew Arizona was.
Speaker 3: Better this season. Drake may will be a top five MVP candidates.
Speaker 1: Oh man, these are some hot takes. That last take was hot. This one's even hotter breaks the breaks. Drake may is a great quarterback, has a good team around him. Now. I can see him being a top five candidate for MVP in the future, maybe year three, four, five or something along those lines. But he's not gonna be a top five candidate this year. I mean, Stefan Diggs a great you know. Addition, we still don't know how he's gonna be coming off the ACL so just sure looks great and all right now coming off the worst line last year. You know, new head coach with Vrabel, obviously, everything looks great, but to be a top five candidate in MVP pumped up breaks too soon, a little too soon.
Speaker 2: He's well on his way to becoming a good football player, a good quarterback. You can't throw him great yet, no, you know, it's just it's just there's too many variables in this sport.
Speaker 1: Yes, to just have that crazy e elise.
Speaker 2: New offensive coordinators, so he's gonna be juggling new protections, new calls, new language.
Speaker 1: New players to get used to.
Speaker 2: Now, you expect Drake to be a lot better this year because he's got a year under his belt. He knows, he knows the area, he knows the team. He's a little more comfortable. Now it's up to him to go out and he has to learn again. He's got to learn a new system again, he's got to learn a new this again. He's got to learn the new players again. So this is all part of the process of building this kid. But you know, let's pump the brakes. Let's just try to make the playoffs before we talk about MVP. Next question. I think the addition of George Pickens to the Cowboys team is See what handedly the reason the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl this year?
Speaker 1: This guy has definitely drank way too many Corus lives. I mean, he's out of his mind. He's probably twenty five beers deep. He's got to be if just the addition of George Pickens, I mean, there's so many other things that the Cowboys had to address, and they had one of the worst offseasons of all time this year that they're saying, I mean, just because you add a talented player doesn't mean you're gonna be that much better. They had a great wide receiver group last year and they didn't even make the playoffs. They got worse from the year before. But no, I don't think that makes that a super Bowl team this year. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: The best you've gotten out of Dak Prescott is when he's had a really good running back and he could be a play action quarterback. I think George Pickens's gonna help. He's gonna be helped, you know, on the X he's gonna help Ceedee Lamb who can break the intermediate part of that coverage and you got pickings going down deep. He's gonna be able to make fifty to fifty balls. He's gonna be able to make those back shoulder catches. But you know, when they're trying to win a game four min an offense, they don't have a Zekiel Elliott. They don't got one of those guys that they can give the ball to with their new fresh offense, you know what I mean. But that's when these guys were really good and they had Zeke and they had who was the guy Paullard who was playing. He really will when they've had a really good running back, that's when the Cowboys have been really good, and that's when Dak has been really good.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. So I like the addition and Joel's Madden right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, I think, I think, I think Dak will be able to Dak's got the personality to be able to handle both pickings and CD because those guys, you know, those those are some those guys want the ball. You know, it's tough for a quarterback. But I think if they get it, they got to get a running back. So let's pump the brakes on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Last one. Here we go, let's here. I love these hot takes.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers may not want to come down here. I don't want your ass anyway, Pale.
Speaker 2: Whatever quarterbacks starting for the Saints throwing a thousand more yards than his ass, you could print.
Speaker 1: That all right. Well, first off, you said Aaron Rodgers may not want to come down here. While he doesn't, it's not may. There's not even like our question is he gonna possibly come out. He's not coming down the state. He's too old to live in Louisiana and he's too old to play for the saying and your hot take, whatever quarterback is starting for the Saints, if Aaron Rodgers does even play this year, if he does, he may retire. That's why he hasn't signed with a team. He's still contemplating. I mean for him. I mean, the guy deserves it. He's in his forties, played this long, that start of a player. He can do whatever he wants, take a however long you want to take. But if Aaron Rodgers does sign with an NFL team, probably the Pittsburgh Steelers, preferably, I prefer that as well, because it would make the NFL that that much better and it would make that fuss fun as well. He he will not throw for a thousand yards less than the New Orleans Saints quarterback. He's more. Whoever, who's the d is the Saints quarterback? You don't even have a quarterback. That's why you're mad. Tyler Swang. The guy will be too busy playing with his dingling because that's his name.
Speaker 2: Kellen Moore, Can he get him right? I mean this look, you can say what you want to say about Aaron Rodgers. He was looking pretty good at the back eight of last year when his achilles started to feel good, you know, so I'm not saying any of those.
Speaker 1: No chance, No chance, And Rodgers is going to throw for more yards than the New Orleans Saints quarterback if he plays. If he decides that he wants to play in the NFL. I think so. I think so too. I think it's gonna happen. I really do. Yeah, it makes it better. Even though he even though the Jets had the worst year, it made the Jets that much better to talk about, to watch, even make it watchable. You who have ever watched the Jets knowing it made it watchable. All the Patriots are playing the Jets. It's Rogers quarterback. Let's watch the Patriots or Jets. Aaron Rodgers has that, he has that it factor to bring in the fans, bring in the crowd, be talked about. And if imagine just him on the Steelers, I mean, Pittsburgh's gonna be involved big time. Everyone. All the eyes are going to be on him in Pittsburgh. Everyone's gonna be a static there. The whole outside world too, is going to be watched.
Speaker 2: And every Pittsburgh fans bitching and moaning about it. Once Aaron Rodgers goes there, and they may start like two three and oh, they're gonna love him. If you win in Pittsburgh, they love you. It don't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter what you do off the field, in the locker room, what you're doing while you're taking a dumb If you win, you're loved in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh loves you. Yeah, that's that's the goddamn truth.
Speaker 1: Kind of like an NFL city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's like another yeah, pittsmother level. Pittsburgh loves football. Man.
Speaker 1: All the freaking Pittsburgh people went to Kent State. So I saw him. Oh I was, I was? Where was I at the inndy five hundred? Yes, Jay, some Pittsburgh fans, Oh, go Steelers. I said I'm made of more steel than your old city. And they loved that, you know, I was just the way I said it. And then they looked at me, like, you're right, you dominated us, you were made of more ste Like that's right, body, I got him, got.
Speaker 2: The most lovable guy. Yeah, goes and talk shit to Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yep, Rob, you're right. You're right. Guy. Didn't argue anymore then, are? You told them I'm manute more steel than this whole city.
Speaker 2: And that was the chillest dude of the week. Thanks to our favorite beer cores Light get corps delivered straight to your door. Visit coreslight dot com. Slash Dudes and always.
Speaker 1: Celebrate responsibly always and every time I swear I take a few SIPs of this. You know, through this segment I get turned up way more than the whole entire segments. I'm telling you, it's the core is light, and it's definitely the cores light. Well, that's about another episode of Dudes on Dudes. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen to podcasts and comment on a dude you want us to do, rate and review.
Speaker 2: Call in and ask questions on the chill line at five six' one two zero three five seven eight. Nine remember to Follow dudes On dudes on, X, instagram, YouTube And. Snapchat don't forget. TikTok it's still there and we'll see you guys next.
Speaker 1: Week dudes On dudes is a production Of. iHeartRadio for more podcasts From, iHeartRadio visit The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your. Podcasts