Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe Pi Zapia, and today we're gonna take a look at the rookie class of twenty twenty four and what they may or may not do in twenty twenty five. To help us go through it, the Undertaker himself, Andrew Erickson, and our newest contributor here to Fantasy Pros, straight from the Athletics own Jake Seally. Jake Seely, good to see you, my friend. Speaking of royal rumbles, got any predictions? You know, we just mentioned the Undertaker there a little bit. Obviously he's not in the game anymore. Thank god, I don't need more Undertaker comebacks. But since we're talking about rookies and things like that, is there a prediction or maybe a new person showing up with the rumble you want to predict before Saturday?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna do the West's face now, I just did the brain one that Joe Henry so John Cena. Yes, Hendri feels like the obvious surprise that so we're I mean, they're already breaking news. They're like signing people three days before the Royal rumble. They mean, like by the way, Jordan Gracie, Ye, yeah, so like we have that. I think the biggest one is just getting I don't know, do we get Aska back?
Speaker 1: I think we do. I think we do. I think it's going to be laid in there. Andrew Rickson's completely confused. I don't know if he follows any more what we're talking about. But Andrew Rickson, it's rookie time. You are here while Debro is in Senior Bowl stuff. What's going on there? Deepbro didn't have enough money to buy you a ticket?
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's boots on the ground. I know Mayer is there, Deebro is there. Someone else has got to be doing the Super Bowl previews, the free agency stuff.
Speaker 4: So that's where I'm in charge.
Speaker 3: So if you need fancy questions answered the discord, I'm gonna get back to you.
Speaker 1: So that's right, Not like that terrible Derek Brown, not like that guy. But great stuff's coming out of Mobile pretty soon too for Senior Bowl this weekend. So a lot of fun things going on here at Fantasy Pros. Make sure you subscribe to the channel of course, and of course the podcast. Wherever you get your POD's very excited that Jake is here with us all season long. Again does amazing work with the Athletic. Jake, what's going on there right now at the Athletic two as you guys are approaching Super Bowl and starting to turn the page to the twenty twenty five draft and fantasy football season.
Speaker 2: Wow, he said, super Bowl, which brings up the bane of my existence. Next week is the Super Bowl commercial rankings, because I rank everything, and I got settled with that early in my career at the Athletics, So yes, I have to do that where everybody else gets to sit with their friends and watch the Super Bowl. I'm like, hold on, I'll be right back as I go sit at my computer for the commercial break on the good side of Things, And I just finished my three piece the look back at the projections, where the bigness is, the big hits were and why, like, what do we learn going forward?
Speaker 1: Well, my dad used to love the commercials. We used to do a pool. Everybody would get something, somebody would get beer, somebody would get you know, snack foods, technology, and you had to keep track and we had like a pool running and then there was money in the pool. Or a prize at the pool. So if you're at your Super Bowl party and you have some people aren't into football as much, maybe you can help out Jake Seay with the commercials. The little commercial pool keeps everybody engaged. You can take the halftime off off though that year allowed. All right, let's get to the other rules here of the game, which is the rookies and how they did. And last year was a pretty pretty solid season for the rookies. A few guys did outperform expectations. I want to start with the running backs here, and I want to start with Bucky Irving, who is currently right now RB eight in the twenty twenty five half PPR rankings over on Fantasy Pros. You can find them at Fantasy ros dot com slash ranks. You check them out there, And as RB eight, it seems like for his size, Jake a running back, that maybe we're looking at two hundred attempts again, which is where he was last year, right two hundred and eight. But do you think he is still going to have somebody else in that backfield working with him? And if so, does that potentially hinder him from a top ten finish in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it hinders him. I do think there will be somebody involved, just because that's also the landscape of the NFL. But yeah, you bring up the size. It's interesting as somebody who was super high on him and coming out of college and thought he was a threat. I compared him to Michael Carter, but like what we wanted Michael Carter to be and had the biggest thing with Michael Carter was also, we don't want him touching the ball twenty times a game. But I say that and the Buccaneers said we do at the end of the season because they were done with Rashard healthy, Rashad White and the playoffs on the line, Bucky Irving was twenty touches. Does that work out to an entire season? I don't know. So where I'll make the fantasy comparison if you don't want to think, like stylistically, who this running back is. I like to always give like a fantasy production when I do rookies, like so for this year, I'll say this is the fantasy production you could expect. I think he's James Cook and the fact that thousand, eleven hundred, maybe twelve hundred in the best season. Good in the passing game, the touchdowns will be the volatility, but that's what we should expect as a fringe RB one. So RB eight might be priced a little bit high. And that's somebody who loved Bucky Irving this year. I'd be more comfortable a few spots behind him for the guaranteed workload. But I think it's fair. I just don't see where there's much ceiling to get up from RB eight.
Speaker 1: Well ericson. He did have eight touchdowns last year, and on top of it, he did work in the passing game too, So a lot of people have that misconception. All well, Bucke Irving wasn't really good in the pass game, not necessarily true. He saw fifty two targets, got forty seven for three ninety two. So do you think maybe there's even room to grow for Bucky Irving in twenty twenty five based on what you saw in the sample size of rookie because look, let's face it, in the first month of the season two, things were a little slow there for him.
Speaker 3: Well, he was still getting adapted to the NFL climate and he was a rookie. And Rashad White was still the entrench starter. But after two months of Vershod White running into his offensive lineman, they'd seen enough and they're like, guy, we got to get Bucky Irving involved. And I mean he checked off every box. And it wasn't just the scheme that Liam Cohen put in. It was the fact that Bucky was breaking tackles like a madman.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: The part of what worked with Bucky Irving was let's get this guy in space and let him work, and that's why he was so effective and better than Rareshod White. And to give credit to Cohen in this offense overall, I mean, were shot White hit four yards per carry?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: That is absolute wizardry from Liam Cohen. And this offensive line from the Buccaneers that we shot like got to four yards per carry. Obviously Bucket White or Bucky Irving was better, but I think that Jake is accurate when you're talking about no, they're probably not gonna lote him with twenty twenty five touches per game, but that means you're gonna have this guy for the whole season. And when we're talking about the concerns about an undersized running back entering year two, well then we talk about this with Kyle Williams. That didn't really matter, didn't We talk about this with Devon eight Chan. It didn't really matter. Like these guys were just good and they found ways because they're good.
Speaker 4: Named a Chan.
Speaker 3: Last year, again, his efficiency fell off a cliff, but he made up four in the passing game, and to your point, he caught passes last year. He caught a ton of passes at Oregon, so I'm not concerned that he can't carve out a role here. Again, we'll see what Tampa Bay does at offensive coordinator after they lost Cohen to the Jacksonville Jaguars. But second year running backs tend to be good investments. Bucky Irving was one of the ones that really hit in a very weak running back class last year, and he was really the one guy that really hit in a big way. So I think that he's a good bye. I like the back end RB one price. I would say RB eight is probably at the high end of that, where RB ten RB eleven is probably a little bit more where I would be drafting in ranking him.
Speaker 1: You want to give me your best Liam Cone Duval before we go, Oh my gosh, not awkward at all, it's not at all.
Speaker 4: He does like a pan out Here's like.
Speaker 1: They need to play there on the jumbo tromp before every game.
Speaker 2: That's what I would my you know what, clinched watching that, like that's how awkward it fell.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, it's funny when it releases, it's actually the same sound it makes. Let's get to Tyrone Tracy currently RB twenty two in the consens right, he finished as RB twenty eight, so looking at him maybe moving up in the world a little bit. A good season from Tyrone Tracy. The question is what the quarterback situation is going to be. Certainly there's going to be a lot of pressure on this regime. So looking at what you saw on Tyrone Tracy last year, Andrew Erickson, I can understand a bit of a bump, which is what he's getting right here. But is it a fair price considering what the Giants offense might look like again, and considering the division they're playing in, is going to be one where probably they're looking down at the Giants.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely biased here because I liked Tracy a lot as a prospect, and he was someone that came in to the NFL with not a lot of experience at running back, like he shifted over to running back after playing wide receiver at the college level for the majority of his time spent at school. And I mean the fact that he kind of flashed as a rookie with not a lot of experience. I think that goes to what kind of running back he is and what he's capable of doing. So yeah, I think that he will be the starter opening day for the New York Giants. I don't I can't imagine that Joe Shane and these guys are going to want to draft a running back high after they went to the expense of not signing Saqua Markley and going through all that, So they need Tracy like hitting a big way if like, hey, we found this fifth round pick and he was nasty. So again, I don't expect them to necessarily draft a running back with high draft capital in the draft. And Devin's secretary is still under contract, so they're comfortable Devin Secretary as the RB two. But we've already seen Tracy can offer more, so I think back end RB two is appropriate for Hey, this is starting running back. He's young, he's explosive, he can catch passes, but he plays on an offense that is probably going to be bad in twenty twenty five now, So I think that back end RB two kind of makes the most sense for him.
Speaker 4: Not someone that I think.
Speaker 3: That, oh you need to draft Howard Tracy depends on I think where the market like settles on him. But back end RB two sounds about.
Speaker 1: Right seally RB twenty two too high, too lower, just about right.
Speaker 2: It's just about right, Porridge. Because I'm looking at it, who's lot, I'm like, yeah, like the guys that are in front of him, the only one I could see a toss up is depending on what the Chiefs do with Pacheco. Is that going to be a time share as Kareem Hunt continues to outperform him, or is this injury related? But that might be the only person in front of him right now where I'm like, hey, you know what, maybe I go the other way behind him. Depending on where Aaron Jones lands, depending on where JK. Dobbins lands, I could see him have him falling back a few spots. The comparison here that I'll give everybody is kind of like Antonio Gibson and we saw even on a bad Washington offense, that that one year of Antonio Gibson you could get top fifteen production. But the biggest thing that Andrews said was the concern of why he was actually one of my misses in the running back projections because I expected Brian Dable to not go away from Devin's single tear because they signed him and he had that familiarity from the Bills. As Andrew brought up, they don't even save any money. They can't get rid of him. He's six point twenty five. It's six dead. Like they save two hundred fifty thousand dollars to get rid of him. They're not going to do that. So he's still going to be around. In the fact that, Okay, Tracy at fifteen to eighteen touches on the Dolphins, sign me up forty nine ers, sign me up on the Giants. Even if they got cam word, I don't really care. Like I can't see him moving up from fringe RB two, as Andrews said, so we're in lockstep again.
Speaker 1: All right. Two guys that Io was actually high on because they were cheap, but really didn't get much of an opportunity. In twenty twenty four, Jalen Wright had a nice preseason. Trey Benson got a lot of glowing reviews from big time guys like Ladanian, Tomlinson. He thought he was the best running back in that draft last year. So twenty twenty five, do you see anything changing for either of those two guys, Jake, are you going to be looking at year two on Benson or Jalen Wright? Potentially based on what the landscape might be for them this season.
Speaker 2: I think Benson, if he slides back in the ranks because what happened last year that he got hurt, also James Connor stayed mostly healthy, that I will take that chance because it's the backup opportunity. We want the backup opportunity because James Connor is going to get hurt at some point. So I know they gave him the contract and he'll be back, but I look for that opportunity. But right I think it's intriguing, But it's gonna come down to what happens with the Dolphins this year because the right taking over as that second piece is cool, it's exciting, but he's not so much most heart. He's actually a little bit more a chance. So it's kind of interesting to see what they'll do with that mixtuere. But we need the Dolphins offense to bounce back. Like the NFL adjusted to the Dolphins and said, all right, we're gonna keep everything in front of us. If they get rid of Tyreek Hill and they overhaul this offense to a degree, I just don't know that you're gonna get that double production that we saw from two years ago with Right. So of the two, I'd rather go back in on Benson just because of the upside if something were to happen, which likely will to James Connor at some point.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the point, right Erickson, because if you're talking about James Connor, it's like, oh, another healthy season for James Connor. Again, it feels like we've said that a few seasons now, and I don't know how many we have left in the deck to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James Connor is coming off one of his biggest workloads of his NFL career and he's gonna be thirty in May. So I think it's honestly, we're getting a discount Benson because he also got hurt at the end of the season. If Benson had had the opportunity that Michael Carter got with the Cardinals over the last couple of weeks, we would be talking about Trey Benzon oh Man, like this is the zero RB guy you need to draft is Trey Benson. That all the YouTube algorithms would have been like this running back you have to draft, It would be Trey Benson in the thumbnail. So I liked Benson. He was my arby one in this class coming into last year. But like you said, he's never got the opportunity to really show out because James connor state health of the entire year. I would not anticipate that happening again. So I like Benson, And when it comes to Right, I think Wright might run into the issue where his rookie year was really up and down, Like he peaked in that Patriots game where he looked really good, and then he was on the bench behind guys like Jeff Wilson Rye Mostert as the season kind of trickled down in the later into the November and December month. So that was a big concern because you want rookies to ascend as the season progresses, not decent like Jalen Right, he kind of went backwards and it seemed like he lost some trust with the coaching staff. McDaniel wasn't using him, he was using the veterans instead in these must win games that didn't seemed like they trusted Jalen Wright. And the other issue with Wright is greer. The Dolphins GM loves drafting running backs. I mean, he's drafted right, he drafted a chan, he drafted right the next year. So in a stacked running back class, I don't think right even necessarily has the pathway where he might have more competition. And that was the biggest knock on him coming out to me. Was never took over a backfield completely, never was a bellcow. And what did he do his rookie year. He never was able to assert himself even as the number two behind guys like Raheemoser and Jeff Wilson. So those are my concerns. So again, we are continuing to co sign here with our guest Jake Seely, but I'm going to go with Trade Benson as well.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a few other guys too in this class from last year that either didn't get a full look or maybe might not be quite ready to pop. But there's got to be a couple that are hiding here. In the bargain basement. Ben, I know Marshawn Lloyd was a guy did play last year as a guy Debro was high on. Unfortunately Jonathan Brooks again the injuries, you know, look like you're going to take him out here once again for the twenty twenty five season. So Ericson, is there somebody that you look at this twenty twenty four class who didn't get an opportunity, who might be somebody that you're speculating on in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go back to the Blake Cornwell for the Los Angeles Rams. I think that we could see a potential shift when it comes to Kien Williams as that bell cow back.
Speaker 4: Now that hasn't been the case since you hypocriphy.
Speaker 1: You horrible, horrible hypocrite you just signed because you just said, like we were talking about how you know, little running backs, so they said they can't do it two years in a row like Kyen Williams. And now you want to take the job away from Kien Williams.
Speaker 4: How dare you, sir?
Speaker 1: How dare you good?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, well this is over two years now, now we're entering year three. Can you continue to.
Speaker 1: We're going to get my dueling glove out here for a second, so it's right over here.
Speaker 3: So so my argument is really talking about when it comes to Sean McVay said in his post season presser, this is from the coach speakon deck. So he wants the twenty twenty five offense to be more versatile, and he even talked about Liam Cohen in the Buccaneers offense where Buccaneers offense yes, eventually turned it over to Bucky Irving, but for a lot of the year they were using two different running backs. So I think that we might see a bit of a change here with Sean McVay with this running style with Kyen Williams. Corn Wives was second in the NFL in touches last year. He had nearly four hundred touches. Wow, having that was maybe to the last last season. Entering the twenty twenty four year, the top three guys in touches were Christi McCaffrey, Rare, Sean White, dravis etn bus bus bust three busts. So again, I don't think that it's a good strategy chase the guy that had the most touches the year before, when there's a rookie or a younger running back that they were excited about using. Blake Corn obviously got hurt again at the end of the year two, so he didn get an opportunity similar to a trade Benson. But I think that Kyron the fumbles, I mean, that was a big thing at the end of the year, Like he was not holding onto the ball in some of these key games. So I think that Blake korm again RB forty, RB thirty four kind of in that range. I think that he might have a bigger role than most people anticipate. And when you look at him compared to someone like a Naji Harris, a lot of people knock on Naji hair like he's not a good running back. Almost all the advanced metrics when it comes to rushing, Naji Harris and Kime Wiams are almost identical. Garith for Kerry rushing yards over expectation, total rushing EPA. The only thing that Kier Williams had more than Naje Harris was actually was fumbles.
Speaker 1: Ironically, ut off so quarterback and a quarterback to move the chains that helps sometimes as well. I think Quorum's in the wrong locker room in La, he should just wait and just switch over to the Chargers and go hang out with Barball again. I think that's that would really be where I'd like to see him right down, Wrong team Sealy. Is there a guy for you that stands out maybe from last year's rookie class, that you think in twenty twenty five might be somebody worth picking up late?
Speaker 2: So it's funny I would have said, Marshall Lloyd, if you are going to bring him up already, I thought, actually go back to James Connor. I thought he could be the best or even the worst of James Connor to give you kind of an idea of who he is. But even the worst of James Connor is still pretty good. It really comes down to health behind Josh Jacobs. But as happened to Lloyd, he got hurt anyway, So if I wasn't going to go Lloyd, I'll go for one of the others. I only had four running backs in my Tier one last year. We've mentioned them all, Benson, Brooks and Lloyd. The other one was Braylon Allen, and I just thought, unfortunately also one of my favorite underrated running backs in Isaiah Davis. They all end up in the same team with Breesehall, which was just frustrating. But that's why I have some interest in Braylan Allen just above his cost right now. I put him in more of the RB thirties as somebody who could time share with the new regime as we saw happen to Breese Hall at the end of the year. Maybe they come in and they use Breesehall like a bell cow.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're excited for that, But there's still the equitable opportunity that they come in and they want a timeshare and they want to use Breas Hall more as in a lean to the passing game, and they use Braylan Allen as more of the lead running back and they make that switch. It could happen. We've seen crazier things. And then if anything were to happen to Breese Hall, I think Braylan Allen, as we saw briefly, does carry top fifteen upsides. So I think that Bryllan Allen, because of the fear of a full committee and then not knowing what the coaching staff will do, we'll probably keep his price in the forties. I would go a little bit earlier than that, just on the upside. If any of those opportunities happened.
Speaker 1: Coming up in two weeks. It's not the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl. It's the Super Bowl, that's right, folks. And you can get in on the action at Draftking Sports Book. I always waited my whole career to say teeny tiny Bowl just once, and I got to just now thanks to DraftKings, the official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. And if you're ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score six. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook GAP. Make your pick today. Download the Draftking Sportsbook GAP. Use that promo code Fantasy Pros that's one word, Fantasy Pros for new customers to get two hundred in bonus bets instantly. That's right, two hundred bucks instantly in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draftking Sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visits CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill Casseeena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, BOYD and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Let's switch Gears. Gentlemen to the wide receivers. Malik Neighbors highly regarded guy going in coming out of twenty twenty four, highly regarded as well, despite the quarterback play again being less than ideal. So right now he is the seventh wide receiver in ECR. But Brian Thomas the guy that only Andrew Erickson really saw coming. He predicted he would lead you if you go back and watch the YouTube show we just did going back on our predictions, it was a great time, and Brian Thomas Junior was the guy he said was going to lead all rookie wide receivers in receiving yards, and my dolla, he was right. He is ranked eighth. Molik Neighbors the seventh, but not that far behind Lad McConkie at fifteenth, So they're all kind of in that wide receiver one at tier basically depending on the depth of your league. So Neighbors, Thomas, and McConkie that you finished seventh, fourth, and thirteenth in total points. Looking at those stats here, who do you prefer at value? Jake Seally, that's the question I'm going to ask you Malik at seven, Brian Thomas Junior eight, or waiting a little bit longer and getting Lad McConkey at the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: So correction need being made because everybody coming from the athletic watching this or like, Joe, you're out of your damn mine because Andrew might have been, but Jake, I don't know, Like, can I trend this? Do you see the sign football from Brian Thomas Junior sitting here right behind me of somebody who from day one was on Brian Thomas who said that he deserved to be in tier one with Malik Neighbors and Marvin Harrison who had Now you've got to go to figure the.
Speaker 1: Cameron aw all the way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that gonna move by camera back. Had Brian Thomas on ninety percent of my league. So congratulations, Andrew, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: On that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad there was more than one of us, and I'm saying that all to present that I actually is crazy as it might sound, I think eight is too low. If people go back to those podcast that I did with Fits just two weeks ago we did our first round. I have Brian Thomas, and that was before the Liam Cohen duvo. That was before that. I had him in front of Nico Collins. Yeah, in front of Nico Collins, in front of Malik Neighbors, because this was I believe Brian Thomas is that good with terrible quarterback play, and we can expect if anything better. And I don't even care if they add another weapon if they drafted McMillan. Surprisingly, I think Brian Thomas is that good. I'm glad Andrew was on this with me. I do think Malik Neighbors is slightly too high. I know he did it with terrible quarterback play too, but let's be honest, we don't know. If it's Sanders, I think it actually could get worse for him. McConkie I love, but that's another one where like as much as I had mcconkee on a ton of teams, and he was another one that was close to my heart. That feels like peak McConkie. Like I compare him to the best of Jacoby Myers, which is top twenty, top fifteen, really good. But I don't see him getting to that next level because we have to be honest about who mcconky is. As great as he is, he's just not that NFL tier one of number one wide receivers where he can put up even T Higgins's numbers. So like, I just think that's capping him out just a little bit, and especially if they do add somebody. So Thomas too low, the other two pretty good. I'm okay with I think Neighbors is slightly too high, but I'm okay with mconkie.
Speaker 1: Neighbors are Thomas for you, Andrew Erickson, who do you have ranked above the other?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: I mean you're gonna continue to roll with the Brian Thomas and hope that it works out for another year in a row. So I mean it just comes down to, yes, I think that both guys are uber talents, but Brian Thomas was able to accumulate more yards last year on fewer targets and fewer receptions. Like Neighbors was catching ten or catching five six balls every single week. Brian Thomas wasn't necessarily doing that, but he was doing everything else. When it comes to total yardage show, I like Brian Thomas Junior more.
Speaker 4: He has the.
Speaker 3: Better quarterback, and I don't think it's even close Trevor Lawrence. I mean, we've seen Trevor Lawrence have guys that are productive in his offenses, bringing him Cohen it. I mean what Brian Thomas Junior did with Mac Jones last seven games over eighteen half PPR points per game, thirty one percent, target share, forty eight percent are yards share, ninety six plus receiving arts per game with Mac Jones as his quarterback. So I love Brian Thomas Jr. And I think that he can be I think they should be a first round pick.
Speaker 4: I think he should go.
Speaker 2: He's guys minimum twenty points and the Fantasy Playoffs, the number one wide receiver in the Fantasy Playoffs, in front of Jamar Chase and everybody else. Brian Thomas Junior.
Speaker 3: So I think Thomas should go ahead of Neighbors. I'm surprised that it's not that Neighbor that he's not consensus ahead of Neighbors. I mean, we don't know who Avers quarterback is, and there's comments that you take him Thomas.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's maybe the logic of maybe Lake Neighbors quarterback proof for what you saw last year and it could only get better in theory. And also because he plays in New York. Let's not pretend like it's not because of the media market of New York that elevates his value there. It's absolutely part of it. It always is. There's always a price you gotta pay. And he had the draft capital he did he had, and he was known as the better of the two when they were in college together too, So I think maybe he just can't shake that quite yet. But they are neck and neck right now. I mean, it's like when you go back and look at Lsu and Chase and Jefferson like their neck and neck and they're still pretty good too. Those two guys like you could certainly have that argument. Also, how about ninety five over under catches for lad McConkie in twenty twenty five ericson over under ninety five.
Speaker 3: I think it all depends on just if he's healthy or not, because that's really the only concern I have with lad McConkie.
Speaker 4: And even this year.
Speaker 3: That was his concern in college, where he got banged up every once in a while, and even this past year he stayed healthy for most of it, but there were nicks and ruses here, and there'd be on the injury report with the shoulder or something along those lines, and he would miss some time or miss reps in a game. I mean, if he's healthy, he's gonna go over. But I mean I'm always gonna bet on guys, not usually not.
Speaker 4: Heels.
Speaker 1: Like you were trying to convince yourself, Jake Sealey, do you need time to convince yourself ninety five over under.
Speaker 2: No, No, because I got him back to Jacoby Myers. He's over.
Speaker 1: He's over, he's over. Okay, there you have it, everybody. Let's move to Marvin Harrison Junior, the guy who was drafted above all these dudes. But unfortunately, how was a little disappointing season. His father ironically had almost the same rookie season, which I always think is fun. The sixty four catches for senior, sixty three for junior eight. Thirty six on the yard is for senior eight eighty five for junior and then eight touchdowns for each of them. However, one of them was about to play with Peyton Manning. And I don't know right now if Kyler Murray is going to have the same trajectory of his career. I doubt it. That being said, there's opportunity. Marvin Harrison has dropped all the way to wide receiver twenty five right now. So Andrew, when you're looking at Marvin Harrison, do you think this is a great time to buy low or are you thinking maybe he is still more of a wide receiver too the way things are currently constructed in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I think that he's a good bye. I think that we were just the royal We was just over their skis. Marvin Harrison Junior's ADP last year was higher than Justin Jefferson's ADP in his second season. So after we saw Jefferson Jefferson breakout in year one, we were drafting Marvin Harrison Junior higher than Justin Jefferson. So I think it was just out of control of the expectations. And I think that's you now you're seeing a trickle down effect of that, where now it's you can't draft Marvin Harrison, you have to discipline him, move him down the rank significantly. When I think that he's going to improve in his second season in the NFL. I still think Kyler Murray is more than a capable quarterback. He was fifth in the NFL and end zone targets. What's the easiest path to a wide receiver one overall finish. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it's red zone targets. So they're looking for him. Kyler Murray is looking for him. They're scheming him up plays in the red zone. He still had eight touchdowns, Like, that's really good for a rookie wide receiver.
Speaker 4: So again, a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Has to do with well, he wasn't as good as neighbors, as Brian Thomas, as mconkey, but in the retrospect of a just a normal rookie wide receiver season, like, it's really not that bad. So I would be buying the dip on Marvin Harrison. Jew again I didn't want to. I didn't like drafting him at his cost, but now it's much more palatable where he's going to be going, so I like buying a dip.
Speaker 1: I did which made me sad because unfortunately, I had a lot of ten to eleven, twelve picks, So that's the range where he was sitting there, and I was just going for it, Jake. Seely, maybe last year was an overreaction to the positive Is this an overreaction to the negative side here slightly?
Speaker 2: You know, I think that the unfortunately for like content wise, the ranks are really smart, shockingly enough, and you know, like I look in front of him and say, yeah, I would take him over a few twos metcalf Addison, probably Adams because it's his situations volatile right now, but a lot of twos I would still take him. So maybe he creeps close to the top twenty, but I think that's the right price. Because what got baked into this entire conversation is it's not a Marvin Harrison problem. It's a Kyler Murray problem. And I talked about this in the article when I did the write up, because I missed on Murray and I missed on Harrison as a result. And what it really came down to, and if we all saw it this year is Kyler Murray. Look, does height matter?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does it also not matter to agree?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: It can be both. But the truth is when it comes to height, when it comes to Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, all the quarterbacks like them, Bryce Young, as we're seeing, they have to work the pocket different than other quarterbacks. They have to throw through lanes versus over the top, and what that comes down to is knowing where your option is going to be. And as you saw like Drew Brees, Big Slot and Colston and Thomas, as you saw Bryce Young when Adam Thielen was back, there's just that connection. We all saw it there Marvin Harrison doing jumping jacks on wide open Murray just never made his progression back to him, and it's because they just don't have that comfort level. And I'm saying that to say it's going to get better. It's going to get to that level of like we saw for years with Russell Wilson and Tyre Lockett that they didn't even need to see each other and just knew where they were going to be looking and knew where Lockett was going to be and throwing it downfield to him. They'll be that. There'll still be some rough spots, but I think it will be better to say I'm buying the dip to but I'm not buying the dip. If us and everybody starts talking about the dip, and all of a sudden, Marvin Harrison ends up back inside the top fifteen, and then all that dip would just wear right out the window.
Speaker 1: I think it will sneak back into the top twenty. I don't think it'll sneak back into top fifteen. I hope not. Not what the rookie class coming out to. I just don't think that's gonna happen. Two more guys, Xavier Worthy roma Dunze, interesting situations for them. You've seen Xavier Worthy in these playoff runs, stretch run really look good, start to become I think more confident too. Great championship game for him in terms of stats, Rowdonze, it doesn't have to have Keenan Allen around anymore. Next year he's a free agent and you get Ben Johnson coming in there, so there's a lot of room for optimism. So between these two guys right now where we're looking at them in their rankings, would you prefer Worthy or a Dunsay in twenty twenty five, Jake.
Speaker 2: A Donsay by a mile, And because that's I'm assuming Keenan Allen's not coming back. But if Keenan Allen comes back, then this kind of gets thrown out the window with the DiPT as well. But a dounsay comes down to a talent. I call him a bigger Garrett Wilson, which I mean, think about Garrett Wilson with a little bit more size than the upside for that, and the biggest thing about in Doonzay is we go right back to what we talked about, and I say we as the collective, we and everybody that did the same is back in August. It's let's remember Jackson, Smith and Gibber from the year before, going to a team with two better wide receivers and just being the third option. Well, what just happened with Smith and Jibber. I think we can project that forward for Donsay and maybe even if Keenan Allen is back, but now with Caleb Williams, now with the new offense with Ben Johnson, I want to donsay, I think Xavier Worthy is fine. Deshaun Jackson, it's the funniest I said DeShawn Jackson, even with the speed and they're using them out of the backfield. Like you would with some DeShawn Jackson. But I think he's already kind of at his fair value. Maybe he has a little bit more upside, and we know where Shia Rice likely getting suspended, but I think where he is is pretty fair. I just see a bigger room like a do say, honestly, could finish twenty five spots higher than he is right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, that would be a huge jump Erickson Worthy or Dunsa for you.
Speaker 3: I think with the ECR thirty six and third, I think those are both way too low for both guys. In my opinion, I think that they should both be inside like the top.
Speaker 2: Where would you put Worthy top twenty?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think so? Yeah, at the top twenty, I would say, I mean Worthy.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Worthy, a thirty seven and a half point pop aren't fancy pros.
Speaker 2: When we're looking let me do the question asking I'm curious, no, no, don't care. Would you take harrisoner Worthy as of today? I'm curious because we're having this gun.
Speaker 3: I would take Worthy because he can be the number one receiver for the Chiefs next year. Why can't he be that guy? Rice is coming off knee injury. Travis Kelcey is thirty sick how old we know? Travis Kellzy has show up all the regular season, so.
Speaker 1: Why Kelsey might also retire at the end of this that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Worthy has taken on.
Speaker 3: I mean Worthy's doing what Roshie Rice did last year, and it's why Roshie Rice was such a good draft pick in his second season. But now Worthy's in that role. So will Rice get that role back when he comes When is he coming back? He has a knee injury. He's going to miss all of the off season most likely, So when they're installing the offense, who's going to be in that role? It's going to be Exacer Worthy And then you have to worry about when he's going to get suspended or not so. And and when I'm looking back at them as prospects, Worthy as a first round pick, Rosie was a second round pick. I thought Worthy had a better prospect profile than Rashie Rice. So if it's that's my head to head, I would take Worthy over Rice. And therefore I like Worthy a little bit more than a doonsay as well. And to make a point here about comparing him to JSN, I think the other thing about that is it was also a Shane Waldron offense that he also So it's like it's just the copying paste the JSN analysis in year two. Rumadoonzay like it's it's like the exact same thing post Shane Waldron offense. Yeah, I definitely. I think both guys are are way too low, but I would pick Worthy.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a bunch of other rookies we didn't talk about, guys like Ady Mitchell's aber, Like get maybe Jermaine Burton gets a bump with the Bengals next year with you know, vacated targets potentially from t Higgins going away. But ericson when you're looking at this landscape of other rookie wide receivers last year who might be looking at a better twenty twenty five season, I.
Speaker 3: Like Jaen Coker, holy Cross product, undrafted free agent. I was looking back at some of our old shows we did last year, and Derek Brown was one of the highest guys on Jalen Cocher back in June. When this guy was, you know, an undrafted free agent from a college that's right where I grew up, right next to Western Massachusetts holy Cross. So when I saw Jalen Coker kind of pop. I was like, oh, this is kind of cool, and I'm looking at ECR and some of these early best ball rankings and he's going behind xavierly Get. Why they he was Jalen Coker was better as a rookie and the only time we saw Lee Get actually get targets in this Panthers offense and have a higher target chair was in games where Jalen Cocher missed. The Panthers traded away Jonathan Mingo and Deontay Johnson. Obviously those guys had their own issues, but clearly this coaching staff had shown some promise and hope with a guy like Jalen Coker. According to Yahoo's Matt Harmon, Coker finished second among all rookie wide receivers and yards per route run against man coverage. So, yes, Lee Get has the first round draft capital. He's going to be on the team, He's going to be involved. But besides that, why should we draft him ahead of Jalen Coker, who was better as a rookie wide receiver and carved his way up the depth chart. He wasn't given opportunities. He had to earn all of his opportunities as a rookie undrafted free agent, and he delivered. And I think that when you look at Bryce Young's resurgence in the second half when he came back from his benching, you know what, that coincided with Jalen Coker in the lineup. Jalen Coker playing legitimate snaps for this offense. So I think that he is kind of being slept on a little bit as a year two level jumper or some o their term, because I think that the draft capital was kind of calding him down. When you look at the on field production that he did as a rookie, he was really impressive. And I know debrow will co signed with me.
Speaker 1: All right, seally for you who was the potential year two breakout of wide receivers from last year's rookie class. So, because it's going to sound like Victory Lapping, I'll admit that I was lower on Coker than I should have been. I was concerned about his downfield speed, So like, maybe make that clear. I'm not one hundred percent, But if I could get up and kind of like run around the room and Victory lap little bit, it would be.
Speaker 2: Like no, no, it would be another Buccaneers player. I'm not a Buccaneers fan, like it just happens, like Jaleen McMillan. I was pounding the table for Jaalen McMillan. If you want to know, the other football I was looking for was the McMillan football. I just couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: Wait, so the guy that Ericson was the highest on and I like the most, you just happened to have to sign footballs of sure.
Speaker 2: Of course, the thing that I brought up in my rookie profile about him when I talked about Washington is that before the end of the season, when people were talking about the others in Polk and everything like that, was the one making the plays before the injury was McMillan. And the thing that I loved about him, and you saw it in the playoff game, is that he just knows how to find space, especially when things are breaking down. He just knows how to exploit zone. He knows where to be, And I thought that going into a situation where he ended up was like, hey, learn from Chris Godwin and b knew Chris Godwin. Obviously that's extremely lofty, But the reason I had him in a lot of spots and kept telling people to hold on to him. Was like if some happened, and I was thinking something was going to happen to Mike Evans at this point of his career, not expecting to be Chris Godwin. But as we saw at the end of the season, from week eleven until the end of the season, especially from weeks fourteen on, we're talking about top forty and then from week fourteen nine you're talking about top twenty five production. And why is that going to change? If everybody wants Baker Mayfield to continue in this offense, everybody wants Mike Evans to one more year, and Bucky Irving, why is Jalen McMillan not part of the conversation. If Chris Godwin resigns, obviously this throws a wrench into the entire plan. But I don't think the Buccaneers need to re sign Godwin because they have slightly lesser Godwin and McMillan. I would put him in the thirties right now, and he's not even close to that.
Speaker 1: He's a forty three right now. I think it's absurd. I loved him in camp too. He was one of my sleeper picks. You go back and watch every draft show we did last August. I was taking Jayalen McMillan with my last two picks, and I had to cut him everywhere because unfortunately the first six weeks well fortunately hurt Evans and god when everybody was healthy and everybody looked great, so and McMillan wasn't healthy.
Speaker 2: And you know things, you know who were all fighting for you and me, And there was one other person that flex that all for fighting for Jay McMillan. It was Jamie Eisenberg. I think we know. I think the three of us collectively have a pretty good mind put together.
Speaker 1: I think so, and typically we're all in on the same players. I would put ronus, which is frustrate. Well, yeah, it's why I hate being I had to draft last year right next to ronas so you know, but one of us made the playoffs. Who wasn't this guy? But anyway, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even Hey, Deebro went freaking what was it, sixteen and two and then got one and done in the playoffs, and it happens.
Speaker 1: Deebro was twenty six and two and then lost. Yeah, after the bye, but you know he should I told him we should never go to another draft live again. You should always draft absentee because it's the best draft you've ever done.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. We had little Deebro. We had this guy, this guy right here. He had to go draft there Brown in his place. He sat there at the table and made all the little picks at the laptop. We always keep little Derek around for good times. But McMillan also had a nose for the end zone two, which is again something that matters, especially in fantasy. You have a guy, especially if you can keep my Givens healthy on the field, that's going to free up Jalen McMillan, and I'm very high on him. They're gonna take that money.
Speaker 4: Spend McMillan too.
Speaker 3: To the point that I think Jake brought up if he hadn't gotten hurt right after Mike Evans and Chris Cobba.
Speaker 4: Got hurt, his.
Speaker 3: Bigger like it would have been even better just based on the Once he got healthy, that's when he started to produce. But that would have happened a month earlier had he also not gotten hurt at the same time as Evans and Godwin, and we would have never seen the de kat At in Renaissance for that like four week period where he was unstoppable.
Speaker 1: All right, we still got some quarterbacks and tight ends to speak about. Speaking of tight ends, uh, you can also get some free stuff assigned t J. Hawkinson Viking's helmet for free courtesy of our friends at Pristine Auction dot com. All you need to do is head to Fantasypros dot com slash contest, complete the form and either download the Fantasy Pros my Playbook app, leave a review for the podcast, or follow us on x Instagram or TikTok at Fantasy Pros. The more actions you complete, the more entries you receive, and we'll be announcing the winner right here on the podcast. So if you're watching on the YouTube, subscribe and turn on those notifications ring that belt lekos ding so you can be alerted every time a new episode is up and you can claim your prize of the TJ. Hockinson Vikings helmet giveaway. Let's talk quarterback Jadan Daniels. He's pretty good. He's pretty pretty good right now. He is the QB three in ECR. So I guess here's the big question, Jake. Obviously, people are very excited about Jadan Daniels. Is he automatically just lambed on top five here or do you think now because of all the media attention, the playoff are on everything, where maybe we're putting expectations that are too high on him. Similarly to what happened with CJ. Stroud, maybe not quite as much because Stroud wasn't as much of a rusher as Daniels. So I get the Daniels love even more, but there is a lesson to be learned that sometimes that second year there's adjustments to the league. Makes to you what do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And sometimes those adjustments go nowhere, as we saw with other quarterbacks like at least just talk runners Michael Vick and Robert Griffin. Outside of injuries, we're there fall off. So I think that I know you weren't saying that. I just I already shook my head when you said the CJ. Stroud thing because I'm getting tired of it already. Like the game the Commander's game ended and within five minutes on Twitter it was like, let's not forget sophomore Snumpster real, like, shut up, They're not all the same. The thing about Jaye and Daniels is. We have Ben Standinggon a couple times on the show, and he was saying the difference of him versus a lot of other rookies he's just seen in general, not even just the quarterback position, is the calm he has, Like good game, he's happy, he's calm, everything's going right, things are going wrong, terrible game interceptions, he's calm, he's happy, he's just right. He's just got this presence. And he said it carried throughout the team, a rookie presence that was carrying throughout the team of like this just calm and just understanding that things go either way and let's just go out there and do our best. And to see that poise from a rookie quarterback, I think just takes it one step further. We were already talking about how can you love Brian Thomas and Malik neighbors and forget about the quarterback that made that happen. So the rushing upside you bring up, I will say, right now, top three deserved. If that second wide receiver gets like, the solution is hell. If it's t Higgins, there's one quarterback I want in front of Jaden and Daniels and it's Lamar Jackson, end of list. If it's even Lester T. Higgins, Like maybe they draft somebody, Maybe they bring somebody in who's a decent two in alongside of him. Just to answer that question I brought up yesterday and serious, except I brought Hollywood Brown like he's a free agent, Like get that deep ball that he was trying for Noah Brown at Diami. I guess he needs another wide receiver named Brown. That's what it is. He has to go from Noah Brown to Diami Brown to Marquis Brown. But anyway, point being, just get a solution there, and I think that solves the any potential issue for a drop off because the biggest answer is not a question for me, the answer not being is Jaden Daniels is who's his number two? Because they need somebody after Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: Agreed, and ERT's you can't count him being back either. That's gonna be interesting to see what they give him next year. But they've got cap space ericson, so a lot of it's it's pretty obvious that they're going to be aggressive and certainly the new ownership is going to be supportive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, a lot of their cap space. I'm not sure what they're because a lot of their guys they need to re sign, like all of their receivers asside Terry McLaurin are free agents. So how will they approach it Where they're going to bring back guys like Diamie Brown Noah Brown because hey, we had some success with them, or are they going to look for outside alternatives to improve the Ross.
Speaker 4: I think we're get to make sure of both.
Speaker 3: I think that the Commanders have an advantage now where hey, players want to come.
Speaker 4: To Washington to play with Jade Daniels.
Speaker 3: Now, Like when has that ever been to a conversation where yeah, I want to go to Washington to play football. That has not been the case for a very very long time. So if you're T Higgins right, man, I can probably make more money for the Patriots, but I could go to the NFC not have to deal with going through Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes and I just have to beat one NFC team with Jade Daniels as my quarterback. Like that sounds pretty good. So I think that they're going to bolstter the Ross here improve it. And I know that the Texans did that too. It didn't work out, but it goes back to the mobility thing, like even if he struggles as a passer for a month or so, well, he's got the running to fall back on, and it seems like Cliff Kingsburgy is gonna be coming back to so that consistency with the offensive play caller in year two. I mean Jayden Daniels. Again, he's an experienced quarterback because he played so much time in college, so the moment's never too big for him. So yeah, I think he's locked and loaded. Top five, top three.
Speaker 1: I will betting him to win MVP next year. I'm already said it. I'm going out there and I'm sure the first number I get is going to be a very good one because I'm sure it's going to be the usual suspects at the top of that list, and then Dayton Jane Daniels maybe somewhere on the fifth or sixth guy. That's gonna be a nice number. Lock it in right away. Let's talk super flex. Bo Nicks QB thirteen in the rankings, Caleb Williams QUB BE fifteen, Drake May QB twenty, Michael Pennox Junior QB twenty four ericson who's the best return on investment in super Flex of those guys.
Speaker 4: It's Drake May. It's not even close.
Speaker 3: For in my opinion, I think Drake May is going to just be awesome, awesome in twenty twenty five. I'm super excited for him. What he flashed as a rookie in Borderline, one of the worst offensive environments you could ask for for a quarterback, and download a rookie quarterback at like two years old, I just I'm just so excited. It's fun because for me, I've never been able to draft the Patriots quarterback in fantasy football because Tom Brady was always super EXPENSI and I was like, I'm not going to draft the pocket passer in the fifth round with all my Boston friends where he's going so high in drafts. But Drake May as a late round quarterback, He's a mobile, rushing quarterback with a rocket arm. I think they're going to improve the defensive line, improve the wide receivers around him. Last year, and this is like a fun stat Last year, Drake May was fifth in terms of quarterback scramble efficiency the four guys in front of him were the four quarterbacks on the teams that represented in the AFC.
Speaker 4: NFC Championship Game.
Speaker 3: Now that's just one stat nugget, but it's showing you what he's capable of doing with his legs and any step he takes. As a passer. He had one passing touchdown eight consecutive games. The other only other rookie quarterback to do that was Justin Herbert his rookie year. He threw one passing touch on every single game that he started and played in full as a rookie quarterback on the twenty twenty five for New England Patriots offense. I was just blown away with Drake May did as a rookie given the circumstance, and I think that he's going to be a monster fantasy producer in year two.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's Drake May over all these guys.
Speaker 1: Jake Seally, same question to you, who's the best roy and superflex? So I think the best return on investment is Pennix because he's twenty four. But that's not my answer. Like I mean, if we're just going by pure where they rank, I don't think Pask's going to be twenty four by the time we get to July and August, and that's really what it comes down to there.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it's like, oh, well it's going to be you saw how much he used Drake running down the stretch. May I'm okay with. But I think the biggest answer there that we found out was that the Patriots homericism. Just kidding, Michael Florio, we're trying to get Josh Allen the MVPA, you guys.
Speaker 1: I just Drake May does is mobile too. That's the only thing about Drake May that if he gets okay, that is something from the fancy perspective that is a pretty good value at twenty.
Speaker 2: Which I'm glad you brought up because I'm not going to disagree to you much. I actually said, Drake May is my comparison in the NFL was better Sam Howell, Like he's mistake almost free, Sam Howell.
Speaker 4: No, still doesn't take your sacks. Yeah, he gets yards inside.
Speaker 2: Yes, what I'm saying. He doesn't throw receptions, he doesn't take sacks, but he could throw for over four thousand yards. He could throw for thirty touchdowns. He will be aggressive at times. My biggest problem is who are the weapons for the Patriots. I don't even buy into. Like I obviously love my rookies as much as anybody, I still don't even buy to the rookies that they have. And I look at who's got the best scenario now with a coach who knows how to use him, and it's Kayleb Williams. You said running people. I think overlooked the fact he ran for almost five hundred yards and didn't find the end zone once because it just wasn't the answer at that time. Offensive Line a huge question. But we've seen what Ben Johnson did with Jared Goff. We've seen what Ben Johnson's done with that offense. And you're talking about Kayleb Williams gets to come into year two of his career, assuming the Bears make some offensive line improvements. But you already have the weapons, the weapons are around them, you already have the talent. And we already saw when they made that switch off Waldron, that brief stretch where they kind of hammered into what the commanders did with Daniels to start this year, which Kingsbury is very smart at doing, was like, look, you take the easy short intermediate throws if they're not there, Run if they're not there, run. Caleb Williams did that for about two games and it started to click, and then he reverted back when that shift change and Thomas Brown got the promotion and all that type of stuff. I think Caleb Williams still has top ten upside, and I think people are way too off of them just because of one year of misery.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look those sixty eight sacts. Some are definitely on the offensive line. A lot of them are on Caleb Williams. I mean when you watch.
Speaker 2: They did the same thing at USC, He's like, let me run around, run the NFRS, the NFL. You can't get into his head.
Speaker 1: You know you're not gonna be able to get away with that. You have to you have to evolve, and you have to learn how to, like you said, move the ball forward, matriculate the ball down the field. Tight end. It's Rock Bowers. End of story. In twenty twenty four, that's was the only question. Is Jake is brock Bowers a first round pick? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: You saw my answer two weeks ago on this very network. No, he's not a second rounder for me either. No, I'm never gonna take a tight end there because they have to have the Travis Kelce not seasons overall, they have to have the Travis kelcey elite seasons of seventeen points per game, which go back and look what did Travis Kelce do to get there? Thirteen hundred yards and double digit touchdowns. You're telling me Brock Bowers is going to do that with the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Stop well, Jake will still shares of brock Powers in twenty twenty five based on the third round grade he's gonna give him. Andrew Erickson, how far are you willing overall to draft Brock Powers.
Speaker 3: I agree with Jake, you know that the second round top a round three because you just have to be so good and can Aidan O'Connell or insert Raiders rookie quarterback here really get Brock because what was brock Bar's missing his rookie year? The receptions with their yards?
Speaker 4: Are there? Four touchdowns? Right? Like?
Speaker 3: That's the thing that isn't going to be able to put him over the top. And it goes back to also the Titan position overall, and when you invest a high draft pick into a tight end, you're taking on a lot more risk because not only are you hey I need this player to hit. You're then taking away your waiver wire options. If you drop black Bowers in the first second round, you're not going to the waiver wire at any point. Rock Bowers could suck for six weeks in a row and you're like, I'm going with rock Powers this week. So your alternative is like, if you draft rock Barers, that means you don't get the chance to get John new Smith right and Johnasmith's top five tight end. So like, that's something that I'm always trying to keep in mind when it comes to if you invest in that tight end early on, well, you're kind of saying bye bye to the waiver wire like that nolgion is an option, And what do we see every single year without fail, someone in the waiver wire at tight end pops and they end up being a startable piece down the line.
Speaker 4: So it's a two v two.
Speaker 3: Would you rather have brock Bowers and a receiver that you get off the waiver wire or would you rather have Ansert Brian Thomas Junior and the tight end that I pick up off the wavewire that turns into John new Smith And I think I prefer the latter, So I agree with Jake. I think unless it's round top of round three, end a round two, it's probably gonna be a no for me.
Speaker 4: On on BRONC buyers as well.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even number one points per game.
Speaker 1: When you're looking at the rest of the guys from last year twenty twenty four tight end, obviously not too much to see. Is Agitavian Sanders interesting? Do you guys next year or a Ben Sennett maybe if zach Ertz is gone from Washington or decides to hang him up.
Speaker 2: I love the Sanders call, mostly because I don't think people realize this number. Sure, you're really similar to Trey McBride's rookie season, and what I like about Sanders Obviously we have to see what the Panthers do if they bring in a significant either replacement for Theeland or something like that. This kind of eludes like I don't think Bryce down is supporting three weapons, but if if Sanders is in play to be the two, I think he's the interesting one. Theo Johnston, I want to know who the quarterback is. That's really what it comes down to, all.
Speaker 1: Right about for you Eric's and anybody there.
Speaker 3: I think I was a York too early on the Panthers. I'm really excited about what Bryce Young can do. So I like Sanders a ton. We saw Dave Canalis when he when Sanders was healthy before he had this really scary concussion, he was really starting to pick up steam in this offense. And then he obviously missed a lot of games, but he had snap shares passed eighty five percent in two games Week six and seven, So he had a full time role in this offense. And you know who's free agents, Tommy Tremble free agent, Ian Thomas free agent. So really going into the season, Sanders could take on a full time role at tight end, which is half the battle when it comes to these tight ends, like who is on the field the most, and like that's halfway to get to the points that you need. So especially if we see Bryce Young take another step and Dave Canallis's full another another year in the system. Something I noticed about with Bryce Young was they threw the ball a ton in the red zone, but a lot of it just didn't result in passing touchdowns. If you get some touchdown regression, that's gonna benefit that tight end like Sanders. So I like Sanders a lot, and then I kind of like cased over too, just pleased enough of Dald Shultz please, I just just anything, but doalds like he has the perfect run out, all the receivers get hurt for the Texan doesn't matter. He does absolutely nothing the entire years. So give me some kid stover Ohio State connection with CJ.
Speaker 4: Shrouds.
Speaker 1: So they're having everybody that's a look at last year's rookie class and what it might mean in twenty twenty five for their value. If you want to see the ranks, go to Fantasypros dot com. That's the place to see it. And of course don't forget to subscribe to the podcast and the YouTube channel and ring the belt that they goes ding for notifications so you never miss a piece of content here on Fantasy Pros. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Jake Cealy and Andrew Erickson. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts at fantasypros dot com Slash Review.
Speaker 2: Or on Spotify.
Speaker 5: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros