Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Slice reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is Slice time for Brooklyn Boys episode number three oh nine.
Speaker 2: I'm scary. That's brody. Hello, we have a lot to cover today.
Speaker 4: Do we go?
Speaker 2: Do we have vote?
Speaker 3: I mean I make it sounds so like, oh, we've got to get to this. This is important stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't even know we have to cover because we haven't heard the messages yet. Yeah, so we could have nothing to cover. Well we have. Yeah, we're not even covering it and the slices of covering it, we're just reacting to their covering it. We have a medium amount if I'm okay, But look, was they covered it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a lot to play, a lot to play covered of what you covered.
Speaker 2: For it right now? They had homework assignments. I gave them homework assignments. We gave them I think a homework assignment I did. We both did. So I would like you know what I'd like to hear. I'm excited. I want to hear. Hey, this is Charlie from a place we've never heard of on this slice before. I've never called before. And here's my opinion. We'll see if Charlie give us a call, whoever Charlie is so.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the only way you can leave you talk talk back is if you listen to the iHeart Radio app. Okay, that's the benefit of listening through the iHeart Radio app. You get to click on the microphone and leave us one of these little voicemail talk back feedback thingies.
Speaker 2: And here's another thing, just to just to pull the curtain back. Let's say you love I Heart, you love Spotify, you love iTunes or Apple podcasts whatever I'm saying, or Deezer, you can listen to the podcast on those and then go, you know what, I want to leave a talk back. Open up your Heart Radio app to this episode and leave the talkback. Yeah, I'm just saying. You don't have to listen to the actual podcast onheart radio if you don't not able to, or you're you're used to getting downloaded on Spotify, But then come over and leave a talk back on Onheart Radio. I like that. Tell your friends to leave talkbacks too, Tell all your friends you could be on to list All right, let's see what gifts are waiting under the tree for us this week. Brody, Yes, early Christmas.
Speaker 5: Hanka Reggie here, I have a free dessert question for Brody. So, Brody, you know how to quick check. If you go and you order something off the digital screen, they make it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: You take the receipt that prints out of the little computer, you go pay for it in the front before you pick up the food. Then you have to go and give them the receipt. What do you do when they say, oh, we're out of part of what you already paid for.
Speaker 2: We don't know if that's a free dessert question, but it depends what it is. If they're out of roast beef, then obviously I don't get the sandwich. If they're out of potato chips, Let's say I want potato chips on my sandwich, then I would say, can I get an alternative? But if it was something like, let's say I wanted Russian dressing on my sandwich, which to me is a is a is a deal breaker? Right, that's a home run view, right? Yeah? I want something else. I want half off the sandwich I paid for, absolutely and give me if one of those you know that. I want a pretzel for by the register. I want something from the regist area, some gum something they're not going to give me that because they can't do that because they're all, like, you know, eighteen year olds going to hudgs work certainly not even with you.
Speaker 3: You're taking, Yeah, you're taking a lot more than what you've been you know, you've been cheated out of.
Speaker 2: So I would say, ring me up for a pack of gum and give me the sandwich. But I brought my money back on the sandwich. But again it depends on what the item was. See, I would have I would have I would have liked to have known what they were out of it. They were out of like you know, spicy peppers. You know, is that to make a break for you? With the out of like black olives or something like something like you could live it out. Well, it looks like like a biggie. But normally, knowing Reggie, I was waiting for some sexual perversion. Well, hold on a second, there's two more from Reggie in all. Maybe she'll ask some of.
Speaker 5: Those questions and they tell you they don't know how to refund the money off the receipt because the amount of money off the receipt is different from the main receipt that you paid for. Once you brought that little receipt to the front.
Speaker 2: We avoid the transaction, avoid the transaction, avoid the transaction, and even an oral, bro is there it is. Yeah, if your ton of sandwich is ruined, then you know you gotta get some oral again. I would say, like, let's say the sandwich is six ninety five and you don't have one of my main ingredients, then I think it's fair to re wring me up for like a five dollars samm find out foot long, but I'm not paying for a twice for the sandwich.
Speaker 6: I didn't get who was Brooklyn Boys? Hey, scary through I you a fucking lion's made. I'm listening to this podcast and you forgot what you were talking about thirty seconds into the conversation.
Speaker 7: Bro, that ship's fucking not working.
Speaker 6: It's definitely not may work.
Speaker 8: It's definitely not working.
Speaker 9: That shit sucks, Bro.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, in all fairness, I was dead tired when I did the last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boys, so brother, I have something fun. I have some fun to play related to that. But I'm gonna wait till the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 10: That all right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, sounds just remind me, by the way, that's that guy calls every week and he's funny, but he never says his name where he's.
Speaker 11: From Jersey Brodie. My name only has one E. It doesn't have to. That's only for social media, so the people I work with can't find me because I work in the school and don't always want all the people to great disguise my profile. And it was a little creepy when you said maybe because Nicole was hot.
Speaker 12: I don't think I was that girl's type.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, first of all, I don't know who you're hiding from by adding an extra EATI your name.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think you're tricking anyway. If you if your name is Nicoli Jones and I searched for Nicole Jones, it's coming up. Yeah. But I I I had no way of knowing that that looked like Niicoli.
Speaker 3: It's your second. I didn't didn't really be to come sounding exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like when you say Nikki James is hot, you don't know it's a guy. It happens, Hey.
Speaker 8: Bookok boys, James, Guys, we're asking about what cheap ship we got off a website. I decided this year for my birthday, I wanted a Galaxy print dress because I just love Galaxy and averagepace. So I get one off the site Shean, and holy shit, this thing was terrible.
Speaker 2: Shean Okay, is not Sheen. I don't know. It must be another one of those. No, it's a it's huge on TikTok young girls. That's the big thing they do. They do wholes all the time from that place. Okay, spell that uh s c e I N s h c i N.
Speaker 8: The first problem with it was that it was the same.
Speaker 13: Shi cheap vinyl material that they use for those drawstring backpacks that they give out at.
Speaker 8: So it was awful material. The second problem was that it was like two or three sizes smaller than what it said it was, so I try it on naturally.
Speaker 2: Hey, brob, what are you doing? You're talking all over her?
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, that brother, you're being disrespectful to Jamie from Queen.
Speaker 2: My phone went off. Sorry, Jamie from Queen.
Speaker 3: Your microphone. Oh wait, I'm sorry. Your microphone is twenty dollars button your button there we're talking about. My microphone is the same microphone as yours. It's just not gold.
Speaker 13: The first problem microphone was that it was the same cheap vinyl Mati cereal that they use for those drawstring backpacks that they give out at events.
Speaker 8: So it was awful material. The second problem was that it was like two or three sizes smaller than what it said it was. So I try it on, naturally it's too small. I ended up getting stuck because the zipper is stuck, and then I had to break the fucking dress to get at them.
Speaker 3: Oh good, awful, you get what you paid for, Jamie. I'm sorry, I mean, what did you expect with that price?
Speaker 8: Hold on, let voice me again. Okay, scary you talked about going out to eat with doctor louse Weight to see what I did there? No jingle, and I guess you felt self conscious about what you were eating in front of him A little bit. I know that feeling. I have a friend who's a professional dietician. We went grocery shopping together, and everything I put in my cart she had to pick up and look at the nutritional information and ingredients and all that, and I felt so self conscious.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, first of all, don't take them shopping. Second of all, I wouldn't even be friends with them at that point. Well, they shouldn't be doing their job. In the supermarket looking at the ingredient list. Unless you said head love your opinion on what I'm buying, I gotta I gotta go. I gotta go shopping on my own though.
Speaker 3: I can't have anybody around me when I'm shopping, because I am that if.
Speaker 2: You want to buy two hundred dollar peanut butter, you you buy your.
Speaker 3: I look through the labels. I found a really cool, really cool health conscious be careful. No, they're not a sponsor, but there it's called s I E. T. E. They make flowerless tortilla chips with cassava flower.
Speaker 2: M hm, so good anyway, So it's called seven.
Speaker 3: Well the family. Yeah, but they make other things too. They make so many great products. Their name is seven Yeah, it's that's yeah, because there's seven of them in the family. So so look up products, folks. It's they're all cleaning. ADI sponsor, not a sponsor, you know what. I want to go after them now. I actually want to get them as a sponsor. That's fine for the podcast. Their their story and they've got a lot of it.
Speaker 2: I say, media for me, Did I see media for you? Hey?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, But they've got amazing clean products, good stuff and all Bobby improved.
Speaker 9: Who's Bobby, Hey, Broo boerhor this and.
Speaker 2: So is you can worry.
Speaker 14: What if Robin is an alien from out of space, that's where they would be from. She can't get married to Scary Jones. It's not that Scary Jones don't want to marry Robin, but.
Speaker 15: They can't because she's an alien, an illegal alien from out of space.
Speaker 2: The part two coming up.
Speaker 3: But Brody, he had to clarify out of space, out of space because they could be from under the ocean. Because as you know, they're now saying that aliens come from well beneath the sea, all the way down below the surface.
Speaker 2: Okay, if aliens came from the ocean, they wouldn't the aliens because that's still part of the planet. Now, if you're saying aliens came here and are living under the water, that's fine. But if they were they were born here, they could run for president if they were born in an American ocean or in the war.
Speaker 3: I'm just letting you know that you corrected him for saying out of space is redundant, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It is no, and the alien is from out of space, an alien from under the water is from under the water, which is not an alien? Yeah, why not, because an alien means not from here, not from here. Yes, they somehow appeared from under the water. They appeared then they were born on Earth. Now under the water is earth. No, they say these aliens are not from here. They say they are stupid A.
Speaker 9: Brook boy, that's and he's always burnt and scary.
Speaker 2: He's getting faster with that.
Speaker 9: If Scary Justice.
Speaker 15: Is taking lismark from me, why is he getting all the facts wrong?
Speaker 16: It's true.
Speaker 15: First he said Peter chips for he solid. Then he said tortilla chips. Gandhi said he put it on Instagram shot. But Scary Jones thinks is from EMU. She referenced Wish, but she never spidies from timUL.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything for you, Juan. I just like Ghandi Gandhi by the way, not Gandy Kandhy. Like the cool music though from uh that? Yeah, what's it from scary the show with with the two with with is that the that's not the is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, it is that Oh wait wait wait wait it's with the guy and the girl. Damn it. I forgotten it. I M and s. I never watched it. Well, you never watched Moulder and Scully. Moulder and Scully from the X Files. That's right there you go.
Speaker 9: Hey, brown boys, you boy about this.
Speaker 2: That's why Bruni is carry You're damn right.
Speaker 15: Scary just have been taken lions, Mad's mortals who may or may not increate.
Speaker 9: There's been the capacity. However, there's a two shows in.
Speaker 15: The Elvis run replay network labeled how to get out of Jewelry Duty. Maybe Scary Jones would have been there. He would remember how to get out of jewelry duty like a broken So my wife ordered from Timo and hold on because this is going to be like.
Speaker 9: A four parter.
Speaker 2: No please, you just had a bro.
Speaker 9: So she ordered a pair of earrings of a certain figure that would not describe. One is looking to the and one's looking to the right, one for the left, one for the right ear.
Speaker 2: Peanus series cop rings.
Speaker 15: And guess what happened. So she only received one earring. So she's to the left, and she called the message and said, hey, I only have one earring and it's the one looking to the left, and they said, don't worry about it, will refund your money. We'll send you back apparel earrings. Don't worry about it. And then what happened? They sent her another earring, one earring, also the left one. So now my wife calls again, messagehem, gets gets another refrint. They charge your credit card again. They send her package. The package is empty. Fuckings from China's fugging empty. Now she has two left earrings and if you have you cannot possibly weigh these two mother ethnic earrings.
Speaker 2: And she's.
Speaker 10: Who going on?
Speaker 9: He thanks always, So in the conversation jaws on the path.
Speaker 2: He's changing the topic. Hold on, wait it fit. He's all over the place. We missed the call.
Speaker 3: He's also competing with the trucker. Yeah, I don't know what to tell you, buddy. I mean get once again, you get what you pay for? Empty bottle Now he's going, yeah, now from which you should to coming?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: And it's always Brownian and scary.
Speaker 15: So in the conversation of sauce on the pasta is mixed or is on top me three years of experience working at the olive Garden, the sauce is always mixed with the pasta.
Speaker 2: Then I definitely want.
Speaker 15: You want the sauce. No, the sauce is mixed, brother Sauce is mixed. He scar if Scary Jones is really taking lions mace monsters.
Speaker 2: Okay again, then where is.
Speaker 15: My boys Roddy music? Who was sucking him truly fucking him in the ass and you have not played the music. Well, the rat is scary. I'm sorry, but it may not be working, or it may I don't know any more scary.
Speaker 2: That's very funny.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, hey for effort, Thank you, Juan Valdez. We'll leave it right there. We're gonna live, We're gonna put a pin in.
Speaker 9: It Boys podcast.
Speaker 15: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: I like the creativity. Yeah, he's got themed music. Although he left his hanging on that second topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just kind of it was an incomplete thought. Maybe you need some lions mains mushrooms. They may work, or they might not. They may not, they may they may do nothing for you. You know, you know Elvis is taking them now, Elvis is taking them along with the cordyceps.
Speaker 2: Yep. Absolutely, uh huh. He's taking them lions main mushrooms because you told them to.
Speaker 3: Because they may help brain fog, they may help, you know, reverse dementia, things like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well I'll let you you know, I'll listen to the show if Elvis sounds like he's dementia free.
Speaker 16: They're working Hibe boys. It's Riska from Brooklyn. Carry Are you going to give us an update on your lion's main shit? Because I don't know if you realized you literally said what was I just talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I know, literally you said what was I just talking about? Like you had forgotten what you said two minutes ago.
Speaker 2: So I'm a little worried for you.
Speaker 3: Well, Rifka, you know, to be quite honest, Brody drags me through the mud and forces me to record this podcast late at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah late.
Speaker 3: It's eight o'clock right now, as I did is eight oh two now eight yes, yes, here on a Monday night on September twenty third, and my energy is done for the day. I wake up at four o'clock in the morning. Brody doesn't have that problem. He can cut up at noon one o'clock. He don't give a fuck. He's only been up for like eight hours. I've been up for sixteen hours, all right, So well, we do the podcast in the early afternoon, like or.
Speaker 2: When I get home from work. That's why we did. We did the podcast last week in the afternoon. We hit the ground running. Just say it. It's nice.
Speaker 3: Did wake up, take a shower, be refreshed and do the podcast if it was my only gig.
Speaker 2: It's not. So you got to cut me some slack.
Speaker 3: Rifka and Juan and everyone else questioning about the efficacy of the Lion's main mushrooms Okay, all right, not working.
Speaker 17: So this is Andy from up in the Harrisburg area, the pizza guy that was fighting with.
Speaker 7: What's his name way up over there.
Speaker 2: You need Lion's main buddy.
Speaker 17: I call him chokes On Dick south Park reference. So I apologize. Wasn't trying to start a feud. It was a South Park reference. Clearly nobody got that, you know, miss chokes On Dick from South Park. So I do apologize, and part two coming. So Part two. I'm a lawyer. I've been a lawyer for ten years. I've done two week commiside trials. I've done civil jury trials. Scary, scooty, I get it, Jerry. Duty sucks, but people like me need you all to.
Speaker 9: Make our jobs work.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so do what you gotta do.
Speaker 9: Man done.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 17: He's continuing Mesta slies, Messta slies, messed us penta haul, he teach pedalwan.
Speaker 18: The echonet sucked.
Speaker 2: The acolite sucked. Yet, all right? Was that a reference to something that nobody gets? Well, he's doing it sounds like he's doing Chinese accent. But the actor in Paddle in the Acolyte was is North Korean. He's the star of squid Game. No ask, by the way, kid Game and squid Have you seen the trailer for squid Game two?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, it looks good. But I didn't watch squid Game one. So well, there is no squid Game one. There's just a Squid Game. I didn't watch that. No, you knew what I was talking about. It's like there's no Rocky one.
Speaker 3: There's no Jaws. One's Jaws and Rocky exactly. So to answer your question from earlier.
Speaker 2: Although there's a History of the World Part one, I'm just saying which.
Speaker 8: So part two.
Speaker 11: I'm a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry we played that already.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. No, I'm gonna go report for my jury duty. He wanted to know about jury duty. So, yeah, I got called for Pettit jury duty. So I'm on November.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna pet it.
Speaker 3: If I'm bored? But uh yeah, no, I'm gonna go. It's just it's my civic duty to be there. I pronounced petite, by the way, petite, I will. There's nothing about me that's petite. It's third quarter, all.
Speaker 9: Right, baby from Brooklyn.
Speaker 19: He colon about the Jets jacket. I have a funny.
Speaker 9: Story back in the day.
Speaker 19: I have a friend of mine in Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: He was a Spurs fan, continue us for five miles.
Speaker 20: Oh, and he he comes in with his jacket all proud and everything is like seven to eighth grade and on the back side it says the spops with a pity. Thirty years later and we're still making fun of him about his scoops Jack Spops and he probably his parents probably bought it for him on Canal Street.
Speaker 9: But what the hell?
Speaker 19: No, yoah, that's all pretty funny, guys.
Speaker 9: You guys brought back a good memory.
Speaker 7: Have a go on.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. The San Antonio Spops Spops. Hey, listen, you got an eight ball jacket scary back in the night. No, I wasn't one of those guys. The eight ball jacket. In fact, we were told not to buy them.
Speaker 3: Because they would get stolen because they were those were the jackets that the kids wanted.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the good thing is they were always He's able to find the guy who stolen from you because there isn't a spot in the crowd.
Speaker 3: That's true too, But I didn't want to be the guy with the bullseye, so I just wore my latigra.
Speaker 2: As only jacket.
Speaker 3: And the what is it? The the sassoon? The sassoon says so much.
Speaker 2: In the video?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: What was the other one with the V on the on the butt the V Vanderbilt jeans Vanderbilt and it was?
Speaker 2: And then when what was the nineties? He means cavaricis he means wrangler, wrangler, wrangles a w to Gloria Vanderbilt. What was the Versace? What was the V? I had Lee jeans eighties jeans with v's on the French toast. What it was? Sergio Valente? You remember?
Speaker 3: I remember the Oh, Sergio, you caught my eye when you're walking on by.
Speaker 2: Very nice. You knew the themes zoom Sergio Valente? Jeans? Can I tell you? Can I tell you something? Do you remember rainbow pocket jeans?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Uh, they were regular jeans that had a rainbow from the corner of your pocket to the other corner. Oh, okay, I've seen that rainbow's on your pockets. And I don't know. I mean, I know why. But my first day of junior high school, which is seventh grade, this this blonde girl walked into the class wearing rainbow jeans with rainbows on her pocket.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: And I still to this day remember her what she wore. And I'm friends with her. She's one of the girls that we I go to my reunions with and I still remember the minute she walked into the room. And I saw this blonde girl who looked sort of like that's I'm dating myself, but fair faucet back in the day, okay, wavy blonde, curly hair with rainbow before my time. And as I'm no, it wasn't it wasn't your fuck. And now I'm looking at these as I'm looking at jeans from the eighties, for this bit, rainbow pocket jeans came.
Speaker 3: Up, I'm like, oh, did you ever want overalls? I never wore I didn't own overalls in Brooklyn. You get a bat to the head for wearing overalls.
Speaker 2: But the way are we doing the Brooklyn Boys podcast right now? I will tell you though, there was a guy across the street. He was the toughest guy in the neighborhood. His name was Tommy, nicest guy. But he's the kind of guy that everyone was afraid of because he would kill you, like with his hands. Yeah, but he wore overalls because he worked on cars. He would like work on cars outside his house. People drive up and he'd always come up from under they called grease. And you know, he's all like all over himself. But he wore like he wore overalls with no shirt. Oh Jesus, so like his arms. He had muscular arms and tattoos and he was always covered in grease. Dug Yes. So when I say nobody will overalls, let me take that back. Tommy wire overalls. And you know what, Tommy, you do what you want. It looks great on you. Yeah, No one was gonna tell him otherwise. Yeah, Tommy Warm.
Speaker 19: Ready for Brooklyn Guys again. By the way, Coloso has a place in Middletown, New Jersey too, next to Tillarcho's in the same falk and Lobrody and I also took your advice and went to Pancos. Pretty good pizza, my friend, pretty good pizza. Thanks for suggestion.
Speaker 2: You're welcome Panco Pizza same owners as uh Articho Pizza and Lions and Tigers and Squares.
Speaker 21: Hey Detroit, Walter from Long Island and well, guys were talking about Tim I got a notification from Timbu which I thought it was funny because I have not used that appen.
Speaker 2: Like six months for spying on you.
Speaker 21: But when I do use it, I usually use it for cheap profits and cosplay.
Speaker 2: And you're engaging wife.
Speaker 21: Speaking of costplay, Are you guys still going to NEWR Comic Con.
Speaker 2: I am hoping to go. I'm tentative.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I got my spot at the eBay booth to sell my garbage pil kid stickers to do an eBay live.
Speaker 2: Well, well you were going to talk about them, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Hey, Brody's scary Monocolyrene about the homework regarding the episode three await regarding the girl that had thirty items in the ten ten item checkout lane, Umm, it's tankly not a scam. If I would be upset, absolutely, but it's fucking genius. If it doesn't specifically say that you can't check out as three people, well, smart idea, but I would still be pist.
Speaker 2: Hey, scams can be genius. It's still a scam. A good one, though, Scary.
Speaker 10: Hit the fucking jingle, Fitch.
Speaker 2: You're behind, Buddy.
Speaker 10: When you when Brody asked you to I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm sure I'm probably gonna here that slice time, which I didn't listen to it because I listened in order. But when you mentioned that Brody could when Brody mentioned that he could win radio contest, yeah, you mentioned your client. I'm not going to say it again.
Speaker 2: You're behind and give them a shadow. We did it.
Speaker 3: I don't thank you, Monoco, appreciate you pronounce his name properly.
Speaker 22: Brody and Scary. This is Maddie from Queens. Brody, have a question for you. Yes, a concert that I've had tickets for for at least the last six months, will say, And the artist that was putting at the concert has now decided to cancel.
Speaker 2: The concert Jane's Addictions.
Speaker 22: Like a week before we're due to see it. It's now been rescheduled from a Saturday evening to a Monday evening and in place of the cot in case of the concert, he's doing something that he has wanted to do all his life, while leaving his fans that paid money for this concert high and dry and mind you, on the day he's publicly booked himself now with three different appearances, all with us knowing at least have the decency like the artists in line say, I'm not feeling thove, but when is publicly known?
Speaker 8: What else you're doing?
Speaker 22: In Maddie from Queen, So how do you get free dessert on this other than the price of the ticket?
Speaker 2: Who's the art else and what are they.
Speaker 22: Doing compensated for it? How can you be compensated because no one's going to a concert on a Monday evening from a Saturday other than no longer listening to this artist because clearly he has no integrity or loyalty to his fans that brought tickets so early on and this was the first thing that was signed up for that day.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't I don't know who she's talking about, but does it really matter either way? I mean, the outcome is the same, Broie, like what she needs to I mean she wants advice, and how do you really do that? I think I think when you buy the ticket, the stipulations are written right there. You sign your life away, you know, when those first couple of screens that you understand of all of the rules and regulations, and and I think they cover themselves in that clause right then and there to say that the show can be moved and you will not get your money back. So it's kind of sorry, but tough titties, as they say, I hate, I hate to say that that. I don't think you get free dessert. I think you just got to sell the tickets online and get your money back that way.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Hmm, she can't go it's already been canceled or it's coming up. I mean, it's not going to cancel. It was moved. It was moved. It was moved.
Speaker 3: And if she's dealing with ticket bastard, then forget about it. She's not gonna figure.
Speaker 2: Out I'm trying to figure out who it is because well, why does that matter? Country? Well, because I'll tell you what mattis hold on.
Speaker 3: Eric Church canceled the concert on a Saturday night to go to a basketball game.
Speaker 2: But that was two years ago. Uh, Childish GAMBI, you know, canceled a show at Mohegan's Sun in August.
Speaker 3: So are you're trying to look at the history of who canceled and moved concerts and what the payout was if there was some payout.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. Here's the thing. I'd like to know what the artist is doing rather than going to the concert.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean anything. It's the is she entitle or is she not? A title to a refund?
Speaker 2: Well, who cares. I'm sure she'll get a refund. You should get a refund. No, you can't. I don't think that's what she's saying. If they cancel a show, you can't you cancel it. They moved the show.
Speaker 3: They can't say they moved it from a Saturday to a Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't do that. I don't know what I don't. Sometimes it says like rain or shine, Like if it rains you have to go. It's a rain check date. I get it.
Speaker 3: When you cancel and you don't put a makeup date, then you get your money back, and that's the only time you get your money back.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is the tickets sometimes say on them. Hey, you know weather weather related is a hurricane or whatever, and the concert has to be moved if there's rain date or weather date, no refunds. But if the guy wants to go to a strip club that night because his favorite porn star is there, I don't think that's on the ticket. Well, I think there's gotta be exceptions. You can't just go. Yeah, I don't feel like going to the show. I'm not gonna do the show. Not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: He can die and for me because I know I'm saying I'm not saying it's the right thing to do. But I think he gets to do that and get away with it.
Speaker 2: Because the venue should do the right thing and refund.
Speaker 3: What what they should do and what they're gonna do because of their what they're contractually obligated to do are gonna be two different things. And I don't think she's got a case, unfortunately, because I have to.
Speaker 2: Know what that happened with concent But i'd have to know the rules and why why he bailed, if he bailed for a bad reason, if he bailed because he wanted to go to another person's concert, or he wanted to go to a baseball game. You know, like if the me the Mets Phillies game. Uh this you know this past weekend Saturday night was a great game to go to. The Phillies won, unfortunately for Mets fans, but it was a big game. Celebrity, A lot of celebrities were there. Look at a lot of celebrities this weekend. Look at asap Rocky bailing on the Heierreadia Music Festival. They said that he was sick, he had COVID and so he didn't perform. Meanwhile, he was on Meanwhile, he was on Instagram at Italy's Fashion Week with Rihanna taking all the pictures in the world. In Milan, he got he got better quick. Oh yeah, they have a cure for COVID in Milan that we don't know about. They must it must be immune.
Speaker 3: He must step into the country and all of a sudden he doesn't have COVID anymore.
Speaker 2: Sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, it's always but but this was all over the news, like you can't you couldn't avoid him and Rihanna out in public and thousands.
Speaker 2: Of if a sap Rocky canceled the concert she was going to and then showed up in Milan. I want a refund, right, I don't don't think. I don't think. No, this is the Iradia Music Festival and he's just one of several acts. I'm asking you a question, though. If a Rocky was playing the USB Arena.
Speaker 3: And it was just ever he was and then went to Milan, canceled and went to Milan to hang out with Rihanna would rere and then comes back a week later.
Speaker 2: On a Monday. Then he's a dick. But you get your money back? No you don't, because I yeah you do. Oh if you cancel it, yes, but you know a week and a half later, because he comes back from Italy, I don't think you get your money back?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck him. But I would like to know what artist he's embarrassed to say on the podcast. Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 5: Know SCROTI Scroty. Everybody want to know how old were you when you lost your virginity? Nobody wants really, because Scary say he himself was twenty in college.
Speaker 2: I was how old were you? Scrow Brodie? First of all, who was that? I don't asking that question? Does it matter? No? Around that age very close to Scary's age twenty five, he was twenty five. I was not twenty five, dude, No, very close to twenty.
Speaker 9: Episode three Z nine. This is Nick from Washington State, David Brody.
Speaker 23: You lived in the house and you had your own private pool with fancy lights for like fifteen years and you didn't invite Scary Jones of course, right, but like, for sure at least fifteen years or.
Speaker 2: So, I live there.
Speaker 23: Now, you're upset that Scary Jones is going for dinner with his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: What's There's no correlation there. You're going to Scary doesn't involve him having to drain the pool and put fresh water in. Scary Tony wasn't into the Santanello feast, but he went anyway. So these things happened.
Speaker 23: And I don't think Scary Jones's girlfriend monopolizes his time. It's just that all women are very organized and they say ahead, like, oh, if this is not going to work out, then let's do this.
Speaker 9: That's why all the PTA.
Speaker 23: Meetings in the world in every school are going pretty smooth, because the women in charge of that. I'm just saying, I'm just telling you the truth here, all right, And uh yeah, of course Scared Jone's gonna pick his girlfriend, not you. Yeah, it's me again, Nick from Washington State. Oh, and by the way, I think I have idea why Scare Jones didn't want it. They didn't want to, you know, hang out with you or whatever, because you might be a little bit difficult when it comes to eating out, when it comes to restaurant and your soda and the ice and how much vegetables need to be taken out of the feud.
Speaker 2: You know who you are. Come on, just own up to it, Nick. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Nick, I'm not embarrassed to say that's exactly why I don't go out to eat with Brody because he causes the problem every time.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I didn't cause a problem at the steakhouse. You didn't pay for it.
Speaker 23: Skyler from New Jersey.
Speaker 5: I don't mind if Brody goes and wins the ten thousand dollars or whatever you're giving away at them all. He didn't show up, You go, bro I'm gonna support you doing that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Scaring Hey, guys, Scary and Brody.
Speaker 24: He went from the Bronx over there calling about three hundred and eight episode the target Lady with the thirty items out of ten times or less. It's a scamboni obviously, and obviously the honess falls on the target employee. She the woman making the purchase, is brilliant if you ask me, yep, because the target's employee is target employee is naive and stubnod.
Speaker 3: Shall thank no argument on the money. There, he nailed it. He's on the money.
Speaker 24: Herey and Brody Brody and Scary Rock and Steve over there from the Bronx.
Speaker 7: Brody, I think you.
Speaker 24: Should totally enter that contest of the American Dream and win.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 24: Like you said, you're no longer an employee of my heart, So go for it, Bud, thank you.
Speaker 7: He's my phone number two.
Speaker 24: If you message me, well, I can't be there obviously, use I can't scan the QR cod unless it's online from an entry. Then hit me up and I'll scan it for you over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, we can talk about this on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. But how many times have companies sent you a QR code on your phone and it says scan this. Yeah, there's got to be a way to screenshot a QR code that it scans it by doing that, right, Because if you don't have a laptop or other computer. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't scan it right. You need another device. I chances on or watch. You are viewing it on the device that you're asking you to scan on, and you can't fight right.
Speaker 2: I had a situation like that just last week where a company sent me a QR code and said scan this right. I was in my car. I can't sc were am I gonna have? I gonna pull it up on another device? No, send me a link, stupid, then I can click.
Speaker 25: Hey, b boys, Scary, you did phenomenal with United, but I do betomly it was Brodie's brilliant toutelage that guided you toutlage person who doesn't accept less than and I believe we're all benefiting from your brilliance.
Speaker 8: Brody.
Speaker 25: Thank you, and we're all learning that free dessert is warranted in all situations.
Speaker 2: And thank you.
Speaker 8: If not even thank you, I have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Chelsea from Massachusetts commenting on episode three or nine. Brody asked us to leave our opinions on whether he should get a little something something for helping Scary with the strategy to make sure he's made whole and gets the free dessert. Yeah, Brody, I think that if Sary had asked you to help him craft the email response, then you'd be warranted to a bite of his free dessert. Anyways, peace out, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked him three times and he never got to it, so I said I then the next day you're like, I did it already. Yeah, I can't wait for you second. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Yeah, you still as as are. The previous caller said, you did what you did because I told you how to do it. No paid homage to me by doing it and then going back for more when I told you it was. But but it's scary good enough. No one's answered that question yet, all right, way, saddle Brook said, you did phenomenally phenomenal, but phenomenally.
Speaker 8: L Again, I'm just wondering, how, how the heck do you guys know how to do.
Speaker 17: The captain's voice so well?
Speaker 8: I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Oh the captain's voice. What captain's voice? Oh the pilot, Oh, the pilot's voice, Because it's you know, doing an impression, that's all. That's how it sounds. The cursing on an altertunive thirty thousand things. If you look out the right side of their planned you will see the Grand Canyon. We're cruising now at an altitude of thirty seven thousand feet. Your food to relax, your your seats and put down the trade table if you like, and one of our lovely flight attendants we'll be coming. That's a little bit more abrasive I usually effect on you.
Speaker 4: This is your captain speaking. We've reached out cruising altitude of thirty seven hundred miles. We're going to turn off the seat belts now and looks like a smooth ride up ahead. Maybe a little turbulence in the way, maybe two hours in, and then we'll be arriving in three hours and twenty minutes. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much. It's pretty much what they say. This is a swept there's got to be stript. Yeah, yeah, what you could. Uh, we're going to be experiencing a little chop at about a half hour to the flight. Will remind you again as it approaches. We remind you to keep your seat belt on during the during the turbulence, and we will do our best to fly above it, or below it or around it, but there may be some chop.
Speaker 4: Thank you for flying different least guys, Hey b boys.
Speaker 26: Christy again from Saddlebrook. I finished that segment, and I have to say, I am a corporate travel agent and I deal with airlines all the time, all day or so, and you really should be proud of yourself. You did great. It's not easy getting stuff out of them, especially in today's world. Could you have pushed for more, yes, they might have given you an upgrade certificate or a couple of bucks more. But you did good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did all right. You know, the juice is not worth the squeeze.
Speaker 3: At some point I pushed as hard as I could as far and it's just like it's like I didn't need to go the extra mile, the extra lap.
Speaker 2: Who knows how.
Speaker 3: The extra five thousand miles would would that have would have that have really made the difference? Was it a first class ticket somewhere would have been nice? I don't know if that would have if I don't know if it would have escalated to that. They may have thrown christ from saddle Brook. They have thrown in a twenty five hundred miles. I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: But all right, you get a be get aa bee on that, I'll.
Speaker 21: Give you a bee k Boys, Chelsea, Bee boy, Rody.
Speaker 15: You were surprisingly.
Speaker 8: Calm, and you're retelling of the Verizon Hulu nightmare.
Speaker 5: We only got a slight.
Speaker 8: Taste of the fervor. We need more.
Speaker 13: We want the outreache, we want the yelling, we want the full fervor.
Speaker 2: I will give you full fervor. Next, I apologize. I apologize, Scary. Here's what I'm this is what my life is turned into.
Speaker 3: I am apologizing now for not screaming loud enough calmly.
Speaker 2: Telling a story. I assure you that it was a much louder conversation. But here's the thing. When you're on the phone with the level two supervisor, whatever the fucking title was, I tried the old get more flies with honey or bees bees with honey. Rather, I tried being extra nice, but still came out in the trap. My fervor still came out, though there was fervor everywhere. In fact, Scary would have played the ferver music. Broughte home the music.
Speaker 5: Since you both run radio for so long, What the vest you.
Speaker 8: Ever had to pee? Was it while on air or in a car trip or what I mean.
Speaker 2: What does the radio pot have to do with the car trip? I don't quite. I gotta play that. I don't know. I mean, there are times in my life.
Speaker 8: What's the best you ever had to pee? Was it while on air or in a car trip?
Speaker 2: Or or so? Do you realize this person uh real voice or not?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: This is the first time this person or this persona has called and so far has asked us how old we were when we lost our virginity? And the most we ever had a pee? I mean, I guess the most the worst you ever had to pee was that time you actually peed your pants. You not you specifically scary, but you in general, because you had to piece so badly you couldn't hold it in.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was that time when I was nine years old in wall bounds and it wasn't pe Yeah, I mean I had to just I had to take a dump.
Speaker 2: And no, she's talking about peace stick to the pe pee. I thought pee? How old? I mean, I was eight or nine years old and I was playing little league baseball and I got a little pea stained on the white stretchy baseball pants, and so I thought it would be a good idea if I threw dirt on myself, like, you know, covered my pants with dirt, so I slid getting off the field, I slid into second like to just like, oh I got dirty. But when I stood up there was a little bit of dirt on my thighs and a big dirt patch where the pea was because the pea attracted more dirt, so I made it worse, so I had Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Well for me, I was driving cross country with my buddy Brian toilet Brian, and there was no toilet around. We were on Interstate ten, going from I believe Dallas to El Paso, that long, awful, boring stretch of road where I.
Speaker 2: Think the speed posted speed limited. It's eighty five miles an hour.
Speaker 3: It's hard to fathom that they have those black and white signs, but yeah, it was eighty five miles an hour because you guys just driving through the fucking desert and there was nothing for miles. There was no exit, there was no rest stop, and I had to take a piss. So Brian just pulled over in the side of the road and I just peed freely into the wind.
Speaker 2: It was an original guitar player from Kiss p Freely. He's my frae, my favorite.
Speaker 16: Hey guys, I bought a two dollars and ninety cent wedding set.
Speaker 21: On TMU.
Speaker 16: A wedding what and I wanted it just to wear on vacations and not risk losing my actual set in the ocean like a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: It's just done.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you, I get more compliments on that two dollars ninety cent wedding set from TIMU than I do on my actual ten thousand dollars engagement Raine.
Speaker 11: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: No, she's talking about the ring. According to Wikipedia, wedding set it was.
Speaker 3: It was a fake, fake wedding ring. That's what she for two ninety eight. Good job. Now, that's a goodbye right there. She wants to She wants to be able to use it as a placeholder. She doesn't wanted to get lost, so she she has the fake one stand what fake means scary set? I didn't know what the word set meant. Yes, yes, a diamond vital set. Okay, I see what it is now? Okay, okay, hey boy, for by this again.
Speaker 27: It's twice in one episode, so scary just just mentioned Britty Warren in the morning chron and I have.
Speaker 9: Several questions her scary.
Speaker 27: Do you have another friend his name is Warren and this one came out and then he's pretty Warren?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 27: Or if he just is pretty Warren, which countered the algorithm that you have to those, because if he's the first Warren and the only warrant, then he.
Speaker 2: Should be just correct for us. Warren. I have a friend named Warren who's part of Alchorith. First Warren. You don't know him Warren. No, British Warren is the second Warren. That's what I'm asking. That's what one was.
Speaker 3: Yes, so yes, so to continue it falls in line with everything I've told you up to this point.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a very important question. Let's say you met British Warren first and he was just Warren, with Warren from from Great Britain. He would be.
Speaker 3: Warren and the other one. You know, what would you call the other Warren? I don't know about. There was no standout characteristics. We would have had to cross that bridge when we get to it, and they can call him American Warren. Yeah, probably American Warren.
Speaker 2: American war Warren. That's my favorite son, American Warren. Now, were you doing the Grand Funk version or the Lenny Kravitz version? Definitely the Grand Funk version. Okay, so I was doing Kravitz, so it wasn't exact. Yeah, but but but that's why we do a podcast together. British but British Waren.
Speaker 3: Yes, because because what Wan Valdes is trying to do is catch me in a fucking like pickle where I and then call me racist. Right, that's what he's trying to do.
Speaker 2: The first a race. No, but then he would apply that logic to my previous ones, Black Sam, what's his name? No, Indian Matt, Indian Matt. Right, you have a black friend, though, what's his less? But he's just less racist, he's equal.
Speaker 3: No, but Indian Matt is Indian Matt, because not to just define him as Indian, because he's the second Mat. So British Warren is the second Warren. If British Warren was the first Warren, be Warren, and then the other guy would be.
Speaker 28: American and scary, scary and brody. It's says, I owe you an apology. Scary I would have gone for the airline as well. Now that I realize that you're facing the airline plus the uber eat. I say, fuck the five dollars salad or fifteen dollars salad. You got back what was yours and what was right for yours for the flight. I think you did a great job for your first time. So for your first Tonto bad man.
Speaker 22: You did a great job.
Speaker 2: I give you a bee.
Speaker 28: Besides, guys, let's be real, even if not even free dessert.
Speaker 16: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 28: That is the mantra we need to live by that. You know, don't let all these corporations and other billion dollar companies screw you for the amount of money that we spend to do things now in this economy, in this country in general. If you get railed, you need to get back what's rightfully yours. Take the time to do it because it's always worth it.
Speaker 2: Always thank you. You will never not get what you need, you know. Great job, Sarry Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Donnee, I love this, like my friends calling me down the block.
Speaker 29: Or cano soflowed Jue talking about people who bought up ten or whatever the fuck it's called.
Speaker 15: And Wish.
Speaker 29: My father in law was obsessed with Wish for a bit. He would buy the lights. He would buy this, he would buy that. He bought his sudden loss thresh shoes, and wow were they shitty. Like when I say uncomfortable, I mean they felt like they were.
Speaker 8: The whole thing was made a rubber and it was.
Speaker 29: Just Now, I'm a Colhon guy, and those shoes cohons. If I wear them, let's say, every Saturday morning when I go to synagogue and stuff, they'll ask me and then like sometimes like when I go out with my wife, they'll last me about, you know, a year and a half. These lasted I think about two months and then the soul fell off completely after just wearing them maybe eight nine times. He did tell me that he got them for three dollars, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, tamu sounds like two months. Probably some language, it means yeah, that shoes knock not gonna last very long. That would be his nickname. She was my friend. It comes two months shoes.
Speaker 30: Stept Brooklyn boys, It's Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Speaker 9: Scary.
Speaker 30: Stop being a little bit about Jerry duty. First of all, you know our heart's gonna pay you. You know you have PTO. Second of all, you know you could afford it. You're not gonna go broke. Third of all, just show up. It says a week, they likely won't need you that long. I know you have such a busy county, but I live in New York City, baby. And even if they tell you a week at most, you get two three days before they let you go. If they don't choose you, and if you actually have a valid reason and you actually will be financially inconvenience, they will let you go. It's Maddie again. If you get a criminal court case, it's likely going to be faster than a civil court. Civil court is boring and long. Criminal court will not only be more entertaining, but it will likely go by faster unless you get like a recoach trial or something, in which case you're fucked. But it's okay, you have the money, you could afford it. And Brody, I just want to point out those stereotypes about the cars. I'm okay with the charge of stereotype. I'm clearly kind of angry. However, don't you fucking compare us to a khmer, Maddie in regards to the timeliness if I show up to a social gathering within half an hour to an hour of the time I'm supposed to be there. I'm fucking timely, and you're welcome that I even showed up. If it's a more professional issue, fine be on time. However, five to ten minutes, even up to fifteen, that's timely.
Speaker 2: I'm a millennial, all right, thank you. I did not realize that Maddie from the Bronx and Brooklyn drove a charger. Yeah and nah, she's very concise, and she's very compared us to Camaros. And yes she did, and very compartmentalized in her thoughts. I like that.
Speaker 12: Great, Ay, Brodie, somebody somewhere over here over there, Hey, getting a colonoscopy because you did? No, but when you did, did you have bone? Bro the day before? Because you can't eat? And I wonder if this happened to you. I see on the one I have it says nine grams of protein, and then it says not a good source of protein. What is a good source of protein? Nine grams is good? I don't understand, do you know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Nine grams isn't amount? Not a source. So I'm not really sure what you're saying. You're not supposed to have any protein a night bone broth. If it's dark enough, you shouldn't be you shouldn't be eating it. You can have clear broth like a chicken soup. You can like Wanton soup. Plane you can have.
Speaker 30: But I was.
Speaker 2: I was mostly Wanton soup and gatorade for electrolytes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Scamboni.
Speaker 12: I got a delivery from lumber Liquidators. They didn't do what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 9: They didn't.
Speaker 12: I paid for Room a Choice, they didn't bring it to the Room Choice. So I call them. They say you got to call the store. Call a store. They say you got to call the main number. What would Brody do? I know you would raise hell. But Scambony, fuck lumber Odatos, fuck ll flour and fuck them all.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm not one hundred percent sure how they screwed you. I was a little scared you catch that. It was a little fuzzy on what they did wrong. Thing. But if they're going to bounce you around on the phones, if it's not too far away, go in and speak to the manager in person. That's really the best results. Nobody wants to deal with a headache when as other people go over here the conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that makes my accomplishment that much more accomplishment of an accomplishment because I did this over email, so I didn't even get someone on the phone. But obviously the first thing to do is see somebody face to face, look them straight in the eye. I think that's when you get the most of you know.
Speaker 2: You want to see somebody, Okay, somebody like the manager.
Speaker 7: Look scary and Brody Brody and scary Scarody the knee from CT you know, for someone so delightfully cantankris as Brody. His ability to turn even the most mundane conversation into a thrilling roller coaster of sarcasm and wit is truly an art form. Never stop, never change, mister David Brody, the slice of all of you. You should be running this country. Things would get done, because, after all, you are the man of the people.
Speaker 2: If I were to be elected president, free dessert for all Americans, that's my place. What are you running on me? Inflation? I'm running on duncan military policy. America run America runs on Duncan. There you go a chicken in every pot? Do you remember that it was the thirties.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, thank you everybody for your submissions and your emissions.
Speaker 2: On nineteen twenty eight, Herbert Hoover. Herbert Hoover promised they chicken in every pot in a car, in every garage if he was elected. How'd that go? Well, now people have pot in a garage. But that's about it. Chuck, he didn't call, Chuck, Chuck Charles. Charles's in charge, and he didn't call. He's not in charge of me, He's in charge of you.
Speaker 1: Book, the boys reactions wrong who This podcast all depends on you to talk about.
Speaker 2: Baby you look be.
Speaker 1: On the fist time
Speaker 2: Free Dozer