Speaker 1: Second date up day got an email from a woman named Monica who said she can't believe she's not getting another date with lips like these. That was all I had to read before I told our producer to contact this woman right now. Monica, use those lips to say hello to the Brook and Jeffrey family.
Speaker 2: Hello, you sound luscious, Yes, luscious lips.
Speaker 3: Shout out your filler, lady.
Speaker 1: That's too much. He's like, hi everyone. Yeah, what do you mean lips like these from your email?
Speaker 4: I mean they are very beautiful, full fulent, natural.
Speaker 3: I love your confidence coming into this.
Speaker 1: But that sounds like it's been a little bit shook because this guy isn't calling you back. What's his name?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 1: So tell us about Nick and how you met.
Speaker 4: Yeah we met on one of the apps, of course, but to meet up for some drinks.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you do any lip prep before a first date?
Speaker 5: Maybe I actually was working.
Speaker 4: And I was an hour late. Oh, I was stuck at work. But I did let him.
Speaker 2: Know in advance, like in advance enough where he wasn't sitting at the restaurant or.
Speaker 1: Right before the hour mark happened.
Speaker 4: Give it about twenty minutes before I thought I was going to get out there because you know where we were going. It's near where I work and everything, so I thought I was going to be there.
Speaker 1: But okay, su, that's not like the worst it could be. Well, what was Nick's reaction when you said you're running an hour behind?
Speaker 4: Well it wasn't. I just said I was running late. He said he'll be there, and then it turned into an.
Speaker 2: Hour, so he was sitting there waiting.
Speaker 4: For I told him that it was work deadline. He said, take your time. I understand, I'll be here because.
Speaker 3: He has to say that, you know, like he actually waited an hour for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Man, was the date awkward? Like was he upset at all?
Speaker 4: If he was, he didn't say anything or didn't look like it. So yeah, so we had our good conversations some he ordered sushi, and then the night was still kind of young. So I was like, well, around the corner, there is this really good spot to go dancing. He seemed excited because he was like, oh my gosh, I haven't done that years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seriously was excited to go out dancing.
Speaker 3: You don't believe a man likes to dance, Jeffrey, you love dancing.
Speaker 1: After after he waited an hour and they had dinner and drinks, and then he's like, I never dance, but I guess this time I will. Yeah, for the first time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think that he was making it up. He seemed like he was genuinely interested in doing it.
Speaker 1: He's a good liar.
Speaker 3: Okay, her lips are yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 1: He'll follow those Anyways, waiting for that kid.
Speaker 2: Was it like a club type of dancing or was it like country or Latin?
Speaker 4: No, it was in a hotel, you know, only have like a little lounge area.
Speaker 5: But once we.
Speaker 4: Got there we sat down, there was like firepits, you know. It was a whole vibe.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so like more romantic than what I pictured in my head, like with fire pits and stuff.
Speaker 1: I was picturing like poles going up.
Speaker 4: No, I would not take him to the club.
Speaker 1: Okay, So did you actually dance at this dance club?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like I got up and started dancing. He decided he didn't want to dance, even though I trying to coax him up, but needed.
Speaker 1: It's stupid question. Were other people dancing too or was it just you can imagine like the fire pits and everything.
Speaker 4: You know, I am a person I will watch to my own drum.
Speaker 3: That's right with me, okay.
Speaker 1: And then you show up to a place and no one else if you out with Brook, then you know what this is like?
Speaker 3: Did how can you not move your body when there's good music?
Speaker 2: I mean, honest, for sure, dude, I have no shame in my dancing game.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe that could have been a little bit awkward for him to just be sitting there while you were the only person in the entire room dancing, or.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was awkward that and that's why he didn't.
Speaker 2: But he would think that, wouldn't He be impressed by her confidence and her like zest for life.
Speaker 1: You're really hoping for that, Brook?
Speaker 4: You don't think you don't really think that somebody would want to live.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay, live your life like no, it's good.
Speaker 1: You were leading the charge on having fun that night. How did you two end it?
Speaker 4: Well, I going back to where his car was and I gave him a hug. But I showed him my phone. It was his profile picture from the dating app, and I was just like, well, what do I.
Speaker 5: Do with this?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a funny question.
Speaker 4: Do I delete or do I make them?
Speaker 5: Tell you?
Speaker 1: He's like, delete it? What did he say?
Speaker 4: He said, do whatever you like?
Speaker 1: That could car?
Speaker 3: I don't know what was your vibe? Did that feel like a good answer to you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't sure. He just got in his car and rolled out.
Speaker 1: Oh well, he could be trying to play hard to get where it's like, yeah, you know, do whatever you want? So hard to get. He's not even calling her impossible.
Speaker 3: He'll say some men don't know how to play the line on that one.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe he just like was nervous and he didn't know what to say. That's why he had to get out.
Speaker 3: He didn't say, don't call it radio stations.
Speaker 1: If he didn't want that, he should have set the boundaries early on. So we're gonna call him whether he likes it or not. Practically try and get those lips the second date update after this hold on Second Date update. Doesn't every romantic movie end with the dude hopping in his car, peeling out and yelling do whatever you want, I don't care. They should In that way, it'd be way more realistic, because that's what happened to one of our listeners. Monica, who showed up an hour late to her date with Nick, but once she finally arrived, they had a good time, that is till the end of the night, when he kind of hopped in his vehicle, left in a hurry, and didn't seem very enthusiastic about meeting up another time. Yeah, Brooke, didn't your husband come home late smelling like sushi and fire pits recently? Or is that just the new scent from old spice?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, he doesn't eat sushi.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, scent. Okay, he only.
Speaker 3: Likes really bland chicken breast. Oh, I know it's not him.
Speaker 1: We'll rule that one out. Yeah, I'm not sure what went wrong with Nick, Monica. Do you have any theories?
Speaker 4: I actually really thought that everything was great, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean maybe we're reading too far in Jeffrey into that do whatever you want line, because it could have been like it depends on tone, right, It could be like do whatever you want? Yeah, you know, like, I hope it wasn't like that, or it could have been his do.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want, whatever you need, a lot of emotions that could have been. We have no idea. We got to just reach out to Nick and see where his head is at. You ready, Monica? It could just be his thing. We call him and he picks up and he's like, do whatever you want. Yeah, his catchphrase, let's find out. I'm gonna dial his number. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Nick?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: You know to be afraid. We're just a friendly neighborhood radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Don't fear us.
Speaker 5: What is what?
Speaker 1: This is a segment that we're doing. It's called a second Date Update, and we're reaching out because you went out with one of our listeners the other night named Monica.
Speaker 3: Remember Monica with the good lips?
Speaker 5: I mean I remember Monica.
Speaker 1: She remembers you too, and she had a great time hanging out with you the other night. Was thinking that there was going to be another date that came from it, but it hasn't happened yet. So really we're trying to help her figure out if there's a reason for that she.
Speaker 5: Thought there was going to be another date. Cool, wow, cool Wow.
Speaker 1: We're okay, we're good. We're kind of optimistic for her, but we don't know what the reason is. If there is one, maybe you could help help us understand because.
Speaker 4: It doesn't either.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it should be really obvious to her and it's not.
Speaker 5: I mean, I assume you talked to her. I don't know what she's told you.
Speaker 3: She did say she was an hour late, is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yes, she was over an hour late.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you waited.
Speaker 5: I was there early. I was already there when she texted me.
Speaker 1: Oh, you were there.
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes early, because she said she texted twenty minutes. Don't do that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, yeah, I got there early because it's a busy place. Parking's kind of tough. I want her to be comfortable. I wanted to be ready when she was there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is really thoughtful.
Speaker 1: But she didn't ask you to get there twenty minutes early, so you can't blame it on her.
Speaker 2: This is why you're not supposed to be You can let me not about the hour, not the hour twenty Yes, but it does sound from her description that you guys were able to move past that.
Speaker 3: I mean, she definitely felt bad.
Speaker 5: You know, I get it. Stuff happens, so I thought, you know, I give a shot, see how things go.
Speaker 1: Okay, how was the rest of the date after she got there.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, pretty quickly I regretted not ever talking to her on the phone beforehand. For moment one. The vibes are just real bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was the attitude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Well, she comes in hot, She's like, sorry, I'm late. You should know. I never eat after six?
Speaker 3: Oh is it after six?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Is it after six?
Speaker 5: At this point, it's around seven, Like we've planned on getting dinner at six. Okay, I think she eats all my food?
Speaker 3: Wait, what what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd already ordered it because she was like, I'm on my way, and I was like, the food'll be here ready for her.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and.
Speaker 5: She's like, no, I'm not gonna eat any of it, and then proceeds to eat all of it.
Speaker 2: She's not cheap, dude, I mean, but the good news is you were ordering for just yourself right when you put the order in, when she was arriving, and you were planning on her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was planning out her eating roughly half of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, faster than keep up. Wait, what do you mean how about you?
Speaker 5: She eat She ate all of it, She ate my half, she ate her hat. There was also the.
Speaker 1: Wine she drank all the wine.
Speaker 5: The waitress came up and asked if she would like a drink. She doesn't even look at the server, and it's just like, give me a cab That's what she yelled. She'll give me a cab like a cabernet.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: The server then asked what kind, and she just goes give me the best, waves her hand and goes give me the best glasses. Later, she's like, let's do another, and I'm like, no, I think you're done. I think you're cut off at three.
Speaker 3: Oh bad day.
Speaker 4: It worked for her.
Speaker 5: It was getting so expensive. Oh my god, I've heard enough of this.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you are lying. Hold on, Monica, whoa man? Slow down a little bit, Nick, I need to inform you, just real quick. That's Monica. She's been quietly waiting on the other line to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 5: Both should be the other answer. I've been over here seating because he is a liar.
Speaker 4: I ate everything.
Speaker 5: Really, you had not one iota of that sushi.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a couple of cocktails your damn self.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Monica?
Speaker 5: You know I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your passion. Let's let Nick respond to you, Nick Monica.
Speaker 5: As always, that's a pleasure something which specifically I made up from that story because I'm pretty sure I told the truth. I didn't make up anything.
Speaker 4: You had no sishi. You had no sishi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you ate all of it. I didn't have time to eat any other There.
Speaker 2: Is no shavings over there, major painting.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I'm just shoveling it in statement.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine, Like maybe you just were so excited about the date you just weren't paying attention to his needs whatever.
Speaker 4: He had some food, Okay, he's making things up.
Speaker 3: She's saying that the whole time.
Speaker 5: She also thought I was ugly.
Speaker 1: Told you now, I.
Speaker 3: Don't believe you. There, she told you ugly to your face.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, like I would call you ugly.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm calling a radio ship because I wanted another date.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: You you couldn't believe anybody would message me on my dating purpose?
Speaker 3: Who did you say that?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, he said he would get a lot of messages. I was a little shocked.
Speaker 4: But you think it's a.
Speaker 2: I mean, a man who waits an hour for a date probably doesn't have a lot of other options.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean that is a dick.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry we're focusing so much on the negatives here. There must have been some positive things that you liked about the date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember. One thing would happen on the date is I asked if a medical assistant was the same as a nurse, and you just told me to google it questions.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what Google is there for.
Speaker 5: You said your job was as a medical assistant, and I was making conversation.
Speaker 4: I made the conversation back google it.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: I might steal that too.
Speaker 1: Someone's like personality and they're like, what is that? You're like, google it.
Speaker 2: I wish more than anything, I was a table sitting next year table on the first day, watching the whole dancing at the club happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't even get to the dance.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 3: Was it was a hotel lobby for Nick?
Speaker 1: All right, So this, this whole call is kind of getting away from us here. We we were hoping that after like the hour long bounce back, that we could maybe salvage this. And there's still a chance.
Speaker 4: I'm about to go out with him, go out with liars.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not a liar, he's an ugly liar, at least according to Monica.
Speaker 3: So we should give him.
Speaker 5: Your words, your words. I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was said.
Speaker 5: You did, you did all I can do.
Speaker 1: All I can do here is offer to send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 4: And I'm good.
Speaker 2: We figured Monica, you are a spirited woman and I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You know what, I've already had some kissers anyway, so it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter you've been kissing. Plus, ask him for this.
Speaker 2: I got a roster.
Speaker 4: I am like NBA.
Speaker 5: You got to have a start in five.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we just got cut from the team. Nicky been bench dude.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, man, How will I ever get over it?
Speaker 1: Rookie Jeffrey in the morning. Does anybody else think Monica is going to look back at this as the one that got away?
Speaker 3: You're the only one.
Speaker 1: Are you sure? Here's a man who allows you to be as late as you want, eat all of the suits. She on the plate, drink the best wine in the entire establishment, and then she puts down his dating profile.
Speaker 3: Wow it, but he didn't tell her. He was like super passive aggressive about it.
Speaker 1: That's as polite as you can get as a man. You don't tell her exactly what you're thinking. Yes, if Monica really does have a roster, I wonder when we're going to be hearing from her power forward or her shooting guard next, Like, who.
Speaker 2: Knows, I don't know that she's ever going to come back for our help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she does really enjoyed her.
Speaker 4: So I bet you what.
Speaker 1: She takes the center off for days. He eats the most, So he's probably the most fun to go out.
Speaker 3: With because they're big.
Speaker 5: They're huge.
Speaker 1: Yes, she sounded pretty fired up by it, so I just hope she doesn't take it out on the rest of her team. But you can always Yeah, take your dating struggles out on us. We don't mind. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning