Speaker 1: It is Friday.
Speaker 2: That means it's time for another edition of the Stardom Sidham Show.
Speaker 1: Glad you could be with us?
Speaker 2: I am Marcus Grant, Joy by Michael left Floya, who every week wit writes the start Sit column. You can find that nfl dot com slash to Start Sit. Also joined by Lakwan Jones, who does not write the start or sit column, but he does have a RAMS podcast where the photo of him looks like Little Rel Howry and that's good enough for him to get on the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Love how you're cooking me early on the pod.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed Little Rell and get Out. He was a great part of the movie.
Speaker 1: Like what are we seeing on here? He was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Uh anyway, Uh, you gotta you should see get Out? May we gonna make that part of the film festival for next tu I'm down absolutely all right, let's dive though into the start since here I thart a quarterback Florida.
Speaker 1: Who do you like? Who do you not like? This week?
Speaker 4: Russell Wilson I love as well this week He's been playing well and the matchup literally could not get.
Speaker 1: Any better than the Ravens this week.
Speaker 4: I think Jared Goff and the Lions are going to take out all of their frustrations from last week on this Jacksonville defense, So I want to get him in bow Knicks. Look, the Falcons defense hasn't been as strong as of late. They've given up a lot of rushing yards to quarterbacks, and we know Knicks can run Lakwana like this one. Matthew Stafford, I don't know touchdowns last week, but just around three hundred passing yards. Keeps saying it. He's just that offense is different when Pooka and kupp are out there, and then this one more of a streaming option. But I do believe Drake May continues to bring a lot of upside, a little bit less than bow Knicks, but in that same range. And then the six Gino Smith who just does not have a lot of success against the forty nine ers in his career, Sam Darnold, who has kind of been trending down as of late, and the Titans have allowed the fewest passing yards. Kirk Cousins because unless he is playing the Tampa Bay Bucks, you do not want to start him in fantasy. He does not play the Tampa bay Bucks again this year. Haleb Williams, like, how can you trust him or any of the Bears right now outside of DeAndre Swift and then Aaron Rodgers in so touchdown, the dependent needs three probably to have a shot at getting twenty points. So that's a quarterback I tend to want to avoid in fantasy.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you go. Those are the start sits there, Laqua. I want to ask you about Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: I don't know what side of the ledger you fell on when the Steelers made that change. I mean a lot of people were very upset about it. I think those people owe Mike Tomlin an apology. I don't know which side you sorry about on. And you know whether whether or not you believe that Russ can cook going forward.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I did have my question so on how he was going to cook and way he was going to cook. I knew it will open up the offensive playbook to get George Pickens more involved as a dynamic player that we know he is that we're seeing. It's just more so that you know, Justin Fields was drafted in so many leagues and like the rushing upside was so juicy and like a lot of people kind of fell into how he was playing those first couple of weeks. But then you know, Russell Wilson's in now, and I feel good about having George Pickens in starting lines. I feel good about having Russell Wilson in starting lineups as well. Now he's kind of elevating that offense that we're seeing now. So you know, yeah, sorry, Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: So the thing about Russ, for me, at least is I wanted him to be the starter, and I actually was sort of on board with the change, but mostly because I just felt like it was gonna help the pass catchers. I didn't really ever imagine Russ being a viable starter on his own. We've kind of reached that point at least, you know, the way he's played, and certainly with the matchup this week, that Russ is actually a startable asset. And so you know, hey, look, man, there's a reason Mike Tomlin has been successful for as long as he has.
Speaker 1: He has a process, He trusts the process.
Speaker 2: Which I know is a scary thing to hear for people who are basketball fans in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Coach of the y, but certainly in football and Pittsburgh, it works.
Speaker 4: He's something like thirteen and four in their last seventeen games. And the quarterbacks are Russ Fields and Mason Rudolph got nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, he's absolutely working for them for sure. All right, running backs starts since who you got?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep starting James Cook this week despite the tough matchup. I just think he is going to see a lot of targets this week for the Bills.
Speaker 1: I know Kenneth.
Speaker 4: Walker has a tough matchup against the forty nine ers, but he scored over twenty Fantasy points with a career high eight catches earlier this year against the Niners. Too good to get away from either of those two. I think I'm gonna continue to start Chase Brown because he has gotten so much work and been so good, but also the Chargers have allowed a lot of explosive runs this year. Kareem Hunt because look, he had a season high ten target last week and now he gets the Bills, who lead you pick a stat receiving wise for running backs, the Bills have given up the most in that category. And then my six Nase Harris because I think Jayalen Warren really hurts Harris in the sense of he takes more of those passing opportunities away, and the Ravens are elite at stopping the run. I'm sorry stopping sitting. I mean the Jaguars running backs, because the Lions are elite against the run and against pass catching running backs, and that offense looked really rough with Mac Jones last week, similar approach with Rico Dawdle. You're gonna notice a trend in this week. I'm avoiding a lot of Jags, Cowboys, and Bears for obvious reasons. Aldrick Estimate and Javonte Williams. I'm excited about Estimate long term, but I don't love the matchup this week. And even more than that, if Javance' is sticking passing opportunities away, it makes Estimate more of a floor play. And then Alexander Madison, I have hoped that he can be the guy in this backfield again, but until we see that, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Stay away, all right.
Speaker 2: I do want to ask you a quite about this object estimate thing, right because last week we finally see him get his opportunity played really really well.
Speaker 1: Am I weird? Because I just don't trust Sean Payton.
Speaker 3: No, that that's where you should be at. I mean, I honestly think for the last couple of weeks him like trying to drop little seeds that he wanted to get him involved. It was kind of like, this dude's lying, like I'm picking up all your estimate. I'm dropping all your estimate, and now we're picking him back up this week because we know he's talented, I mean coming out of college.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I've spoke on this before earlier in the week in the podcast. This dude's hard to bring down. This is the body type running back that Sean Payne wants to run the rock with. And Floria made a huge point that Javonte Williams still has that upside in PPR formats getting involved in the passing game, because I do think he is a better pass catcher.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I don't even really care at this point who they go with. I just want them to pick a guy. Just pick somebody, right, somebody that we can all just sort of be like, Okay, we're onto estimate or or we're on to Javonte.
Speaker 1: Way or mcle I don't really care who it is.
Speaker 2: You can bring back Sammy Winder from the eighties, Like, I don't care, Just pick a brought those running back. Let's just go with it. That's all I really am, That's all I'm asking for. I don't feel like that's too much. Let's move with the wider series before I before I pop a gas, get here?
Speaker 1: Who are your stars? Who are your sis? This week?
Speaker 4: I've spoken up George Pickens enough this week. You know you should know by now that you should be starting him. I know someone that you've been talking up a lot this week, Marcus Courtland Sutton. I completely agree. I love the volume he's gotten as of late. The matchup he has Cedric Tillman, I think is just must start.
Speaker 1: He was top three in.
Speaker 4: Targets, yards, air yards, touchdowns in the three weeks that he has replaced Amari Cooper, so much opportunity eighteen or more Fantasy points in all three of those games. Calvin Ridley, I know you. Lakwan has spoken him up on earlier shows this week. I love Calvin Ridley, the volume that he has been getting and the production he's been giving. Plus fantastic matchup. And then Juwan Jennings led the forty nine ers receivers last week and snaps targets, catch his yards two games this year without one of Deebo or Ayuk, and he has exploded in both of them and in the six. This reads like an early draft round from drafts this past summer. But c Lambs, I think he is someone that you don't Yeah, you don't have to get away from CD Lamb, but if you have the capability, I would suggest that you do so. DJ Moore is averaging six Fantasy points in his last four games. His Bears offense looks rough and the Packers have been extremely tough as of late. Brian Thomas Junior has a good matchup on paper, but he's averaging less than five targets per game in his last five games. I don't trust Mac Jones. Jalen Waddle hasn't scored double digital Fantasy points since Week one. Jordan Addison gets way too little volume and now he has to worry about TJ. Howkinson being back, and then Deontay Johnson. I'm not giving up on Johnson just yet, but I need to see him in this Ravens offense and playing a lot of snaps before I get him back in.
Speaker 1: My starting lineup. Yeah, I mean the Deontay Johnson thing. At this point, I'm I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: I'm willing and ready to just sort of wait until we actually see something.
Speaker 1: Something happened with him over there for sure.
Speaker 3: The cryptic tweets man, that's got me worried.
Speaker 2: He is he is, you know, enemy, speaks softly and carries a knife like he's been heavy into that recently.
Speaker 1: So I mean, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Where do you Where do you fall on Ceede Lamb this week time? Where do you fall on Ceedee Lamb this week?
Speaker 1: Lakwan?
Speaker 2: Because I mean obviously the volume in theory is gonna be there, but the quarterback play is bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, what how are you approaching this?
Speaker 3: I mean, didn't those guys have like less than thirty yards each of them receiving? Like, I feel like I can't really trust Ceedee Lamb in starting lineups this this Cowboys offense, this team is like just in the gutter, man. I mean, I just don't see him finding the end zone. I don't see him find valuable targets. I don't see him, you know, being explosive. Like I just feel as though, like the morale there is just down. They're down bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what was it the I think you had the stat earlier this week, Floria that the Jake Ferguson led the team in receiving last last week with twenty four yards.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their quarterbacks combined twenty nine pass attempt sixty six passing yards, one interception.
Speaker 1: That's bad. That's just that's just bad. I mean there's really no way.
Speaker 3: That's like if I suit it up, if I suit it up today, went out there and did that, Like, jeez, that's the stat line right there.
Speaker 1: That's bad. I wouldn't pay money to watch that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if any of us threw for sixty six yards in the NFL game, that would be kind of an accomplishment.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna put that out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would talk about it till the end of my life.
Speaker 1: I would never shot up about it.
Speaker 2: If I threw for sixty six yards in an NFL game, I would. I would mention it in the conversation that had nothing to do about football, like, uh, yeah, I take your order, sir. Do you know I threw for sixty six yards in an NFL game?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Would you? Like? No one would be impressed by that, Nobody, nobody. It would be like only sixty six all right, you try it, jerk, All right, Let's move on to tight ends. He's where your starts in the sints. I think it took two weeks for t J.
Speaker 4: Hawkinson to become my must start tight end again. I like Sam Laporta if he suits up this week. I know that's a little up in the air, but last week I think was such a step forward for Sam Laporta. Uh, Tucker Kraft. The volume isn't great, and I don't love the matchup, but he's the upside has been so high where in the leagues where I have him, it's too tough to get away. Hunter Henry just looks like Drake May's go to guy right now, and the Rams have had struggles at times against tight Ends, and then we spoke about him on yesterday's show. But I do think Dawson Knox is a great streaming option this week against the Chiefs and then my sits again. I told you're gonna notice a theme here with Jags, Cowboys and Bears. Evan Ingram, Jake Ferguson, Coole Komt. Evan Ingram is the only one I would even consider starting of those three. But even he the Lion's been so tough against tight ends that I would try to get away Dalton Schultz just wasn't doing much when dall Nico Collins that it looks like Collins be back and then and that is it for the tight ends this week.
Speaker 2: All right, So Laquad, I've been on this whole like, no stats, just vibes thing with Cole Comett, just because I think Thomas Brown, now that he's taken over as the play caller, is gonna start getting him involved because they had that stretch in the middle of the season when they were really productive offensively, a lot of it and not all of it, but yeah, Cole Comett was heavily involved in that one.
Speaker 1: Plus Brown uses Titans in Carolina.
Speaker 2: I again, I have no statistical analysis to back this up. It just feels like a thing the Bears have to do to get this offense on trap.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and honestly, you know, with Thomas Brown taken over former Ram as well, you know, he was an assistant head coach and he was also the running back coach for the Rams for some time. But he's definitely knows what a productive offense looks like. He's able to, you know, display someone of that over there. In Carolina as well with the tight ends. And I think Cole Comet, man, he seems like just a guy, but he always surprises us some weeks. He's always randomly just popping up, throwing up you know, yards and catches and putting up fantasy point on the waiver wire or on somebody's bench. But you know, it is what it is, man. I still believe in Caleb, you know, and this new change maybe a right step forward, you know, with Shane Roldron out on the streets right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I get it.
Speaker 2: If you're waiting and you're not going to start Cole Comett this week, I totally understand that.
Speaker 1: I just I just have this feeling again he's good.
Speaker 3: He's a good football player. Like that's the most annoying part. It's just always target competition around him that's slightly better at the other position.
Speaker 2: And they just stopped going to him for weeks. Like I don't really understand it. So again, no stats, just vibes. I just have this feeling that Cole Comett is going to be involved this week against the Green Bay Packers. So not telling you to start him, I'm telling you to force him in a line up. Just telling you how I feel about how this thing potentially.
Speaker 1: Might not tell you.
Speaker 3: Start cole comet.
Speaker 2: All right, fine, I'll jump in there, start cole comett. We are unified on this one, so uh we'll click this. They can't they can't take all.
Speaker 1: Of us down anyway.
Speaker 2: What we should take down is the rest of this show, because that's gonna doing for this edition at the Stardom Sidham Show.
Speaker 1: Glad you could hang out with us.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it is a good and prosperous and fun week eleven for you, everybody, for Florio, for the Quanta and Marcus. Thank you for hanging out with us, and we will talk to you again next week.