Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all was going on? Brother d He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey, Hanks agree? Is your boy in? He's a Miami hip hop pioneer? What Up with dj E f N? Together?
Speaker 2: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drum facts.
Speaker 4: This is Drinks every day is New Year's Eve? That's right, Hey, Hank segree Hope it's up via, This is your boy in r? What Up in dj E f N?
Speaker 5: And this is Drink Test motherfucker podcast?
Speaker 6: And right and right now, I have to introduce one of the most phenomenon groups in history.
Speaker 1: Not in just hip hop hip hop, but in history.
Speaker 6: These guys made countless hits repeatedly, back to back. And when I heard DJ Hollot the other day say that he was the Anthem King, I had to test her. Sorry, but every record these brothers had that was a hit was an anthem, and I had to I had to say, like, you know, it wasn't no hate because you know, but I'm just saying, like, okay, you might be the second anthem King, But I had to I had to keep it real.
Speaker 1: I had to say, I think Naughty it was the first had them king.
Speaker 6: These brothers, just like me and Capone, went through problems, trials and tribulations, came back together and stuck it together through brothers. They out here right now on a New Year's Eve special. I'm sure they're doing something phenomena.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the time we dropped.
Speaker 4: This episode, they'll be already out.
Speaker 1: I think it's what's the nigga Clive Davis just took Pitt Bull's room in Prome one twelve. It was a little wild over there.
Speaker 6: But these brothers, these brothers have you know, stuck it out through time and they're still here. They're still relevant, they're still a part of what's going on, what's now. One of them was a phenomenal producer, produced R and B. The other two is phenomenal MC lyricists with a tribe coming back and doing their thing, and Daylight Soul coming back and doing they thing.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for a new Naughty, Naughty Naughty.
Speaker 6: Album, And right now, with no further ado, I would like to introduce some people that I look up to personally.
Speaker 7: Naughty, my motherfucking nature. Hold on before you make a car. It's not KG and Tresch. It's not Tretch and KG. It's not KG and Vinnie. It's not Vinnie and Tretch.
Speaker 5: It is all mother fucking three members, naughty fucking nature.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 6: I'm so much a fan of you guys. I had to go research, like a couple of interviews. I haven't seen interviews with all three of y'all in a minute, am I bugging?
Speaker 1: No, you're not. Okay, it's been a minute. Okay, this is a moment.
Speaker 8: A lot of radio station don't have it. That's why we've been We ain't radio. We ain't radio, can't even come to New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get the station. So we wait outside the real here. Okay.
Speaker 6: So so so look, let me ask y'all because all of y'all from East Orange, correct.
Speaker 1: All three of y'all, But y'all are y'all from different parts of East Orange.
Speaker 9: Well, pretty much the same hood, the same hood as about the five block.
Speaker 1: Radius from each other.
Speaker 9: I'm from fifteenth Street, Kings from eighteenth Street, Trenches right across under the bridge, the Grove Street right there. But you can moon walk to each of my homes when we were.
Speaker 8: Three miles three square mile radius of the whole hood, different middle schools, everything else, but everybody was there. Funny story. I'm born in Nork, so a lot of my family's from Nork right there. Me and Redman, there was little homies that we hated each other just because I was from Eastrange and he was from a block over in Nork. No little we got cool. Me and red Man got cool because.
Speaker 1: We was a little ass in the hoods. The hoods, No, the hood was so close. Nork is the biggest city in Jersey.
Speaker 8: But after the riots and everything else in the sixties and anything else, a lot of people moved out of Nork so they either went to East Orange, westne Boom, everything else. But our old family is Jersey, the one of the smallest cities in there, but it was the most like ghetto city out of the smallest cities there at three block radius.
Speaker 1: So how did how so you guys knew each other growing up?
Speaker 8: High school and so yeah, like junior high school all that and anything, football, playing rams and then was in high school we met up.
Speaker 1: Venues the beat Box, so I knew then first we in high school, I would think he would be the one that.
Speaker 8: Used then and K grew up fifteenth Street and eighteenth Street keep we went to the same high school, but then I met him and then we used to just he's.
Speaker 9: We used to walk out in health class all the time. So and I used to break dance and the beatbox, so I would beat box. Actually our brother jabre Pepper's Michigan wolver Marines.
Speaker 1: They play in the night.
Speaker 9: But his father I used to break dance with his father's people to back breakdance. So after breakdance and I beatbox. But KG lived right across the street from I used to go beat.
Speaker 1: Box for K.
Speaker 9: And then in health class, Tretch he always had he was a fan of Freddy Krueger back in the.
Speaker 8: I guess I hand the long nails and every day Mad Long.
Speaker 1: Freddie. Every day this kid would.
Speaker 9: Come with new lyrics and health class. Instead of fucking around with health, he would spit new Barns to me every day. So I told K one day, like this kid in my health class is the truth? We all you know linked up did this talent show and that was it.
Speaker 1: It was the New State.
Speaker 6: Wait, so when y'all did this talent show that was as a group.
Speaker 1: All y'all was, yeah, well we did really a group at that point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we we just came together because I'm we were just coming together because I'm a year older than them. So it was my senior year in high school and they were having a talent show and like Vin said, I was DJing and I wanted to get in and do something.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, well.
Speaker 10: Dad, if you beatbox and I scratched, we're gonna need an m C. And then that's why he said he brought Tresh into it. So we just went in and we weren't even a group. I just scratched and we just we put together.
Speaker 6: We didn't have a name or nothing I need.
Speaker 1: With our new team.
Speaker 10: We were just practicing that we'd be up in like in my some porch up there, Like Vin said, I used to be across street so he would hear me practicing in the sun ports. So up there we were practiced for this talent show. And part of our routine scratched in the Beastie Boys, it's the news Style. So's my name.
Speaker 1: And he's like we needed it, like that day, what's his name? New Style, New Style.
Speaker 9: And that was after the Talent show a while. We killed the Talent Show and were like, yo, that whole ship kind of worked, and we started off with the new Style.
Speaker 1: Let's call ourselves a new Style. And let me tell you something else. This dude hip hop history.
Speaker 8: His family is from Queens, you know.
Speaker 1: Family.
Speaker 8: So we said we gotta go to the town show. We gotta we gotta have coordinating ship. Were the new style now? So he took us over shirt. We got the new Style jackets a classic, the shut Kings and boom so all without going on from I'm showing you to connect with anything?
Speaker 1: So who shut down New Style? Who said, let's we can't be new Style? Did you know what you know? We shut that? That was actually shot him and Chris lighty oh shot him flavoring Chris. Let's get in this story.
Speaker 8: We ended up being on sugar Hill Gang Records, which was Bone on Me with New Style.
Speaker 9: So y'all see that picture of us with the New Style k had the hot top fade that was signed.
Speaker 8: Sugar Hill Records, Bone on Me, So we actually on Bone on Me. After all, the sugar Hill artists sued him and got.
Speaker 1: Off the label. They had another label.
Speaker 8: To considered me So anyway, we signed a contract with our calling lawyers.
Speaker 1: We souped the sugar Hill game and sign and under age, got robber.
Speaker 8: So and a good thing that happened at my homie Move Brown, Big Move Brown.
Speaker 1: He had the.
Speaker 8: Quantum and anything else we had to get off the contract. So we was riding down Route four to t Nack Technos and everything up in there. We're gonna make these niggas sign us off on the knapin watch sugar Hill.
Speaker 1: You motherfucking right. We caught an accident.
Speaker 8: I had all the guns everything up in here, said he you tight, I ain't got no license. The police about to come. We got these bags and guns anything else. I said, well you go that way, I'll take these ships and I'll.
Speaker 1: Ran the fuck away and left.
Speaker 8: We was gonna get our ship released like that, and it was a god blessing that we didn't, because we was gonna do some real Nancy ship to get our release. But when we came, we was like, yo, how we got a flavor on the tried our boom boom patchy rest in.
Speaker 1: Peace that you got changed the name because no, no, no, no no. See what happened is like when we were New Style we got.
Speaker 10: We got with Flavy Unit and they and we were actually we were doing talent shows and all that.
Speaker 1: So everybody around the hood.
Speaker 10: All through Jersey and all that, we had already started building a name. Everybody knew they were doing talent shows and we were coming there and they would have the crowd, they wouldn't let the crowds judge it, and we would win every time. So then they started feeling like we were coming with our own built in crowds, so they changed and started bringing celebrities and like bids and some different people, and we still kept winning. So we were just like, man, we got to start spreading this out and start.
Speaker 1: Getting real with it. Through that whole thing.
Speaker 10: Flavy Union forty five King Tretches already dabbing over there with them.
Speaker 1: They were like, yo, what's up with this group?
Speaker 10: New Style And at the time they had Flave Union MC's, but they didn't have the management company at the time, so they were just starting the management of Flavy Union management. Shat Kim and Latifah were starting that okay, and they wanted to get some some new groups to sign and we were one of the first Jersey, especially from Jersey and they bought a Patchy over to us, and Patchy Co signed us and then we do a We threw a party for ourselves at UPS the college out there in Jersey, and we invited them over and they came and saw us performed and they loved what they saw. So then they took us on from there and they we started, you know, working on stuff and doing stuff. They started shopping our demo. We had most of our records even recorded. We had opp.
Speaker 1: Already on there. Prior to shopping your demo, you already recorded. We went to before you got signed.
Speaker 9: Was out in the block, man, he was out years old.
Speaker 8: It ain't even come out after this.
Speaker 1: So but how did that name Naughty by Nature? That's what I'm didn't treat I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So so every all that all that were dabbling out, we were doing whatever we had to do. So we're in the studio, we recorded our demo, we had everything we was. We had like you said, go to Shirt Kings. We did all that stuff, were building it up, building it up, doing the ground, doing the grind. And we actually we even had shopped our demo with Tommy Boy before a flavor unit. And they turned us down the same exact demo now opp all that on. It went through Flavor un but once we got the politics behind us. Actually, Tommy Boy never even signed us. Warner Brother signed us. Benny Badena signed us to Warner Bro.
Speaker 8: Stories now how it went from Nordy by nature and because we didn't get to the yard, No, you went past when we won the brothers signed and ship and I tell how we went from new style, hot top phades and all of the we had the biggest drug blocking church. Because he's always the old man Dave resting peace up there.
Speaker 1: It's like, why you always talk to the old man over there? Man like you always talk.
Speaker 8: With the old I'm like, you don't know the jewels that they have you, nigga, I'm over here looking. Old man Day told me one time he got Lais out, he was in the water all that can.
Speaker 1: He said, let me tell you, little son same.
Speaker 8: I don't know who exactly, but there's somebody on this motherfucking block is probably want them old bitches over there.
Speaker 1: Just saying what coach y'all got on? And they ain't till me she went the fed.
Speaker 8: When the cops come to DTS come, you know, they go to y'all and roll.
Speaker 1: Right up in the alley. It's one of the mold bitches, and shut you up. The shit from New Style to Norse. Shut up.
Speaker 8: All the motherfucking the phase and trying to say how we was clean looking and we was fresh the late eighties.
Speaker 1: You know you had to be fresh.
Speaker 8: We had the valleys, the Swede suits, gold Nugget Nigga, the Gucci Lynx, the motherfucking real gold. Now from Canal Street, eighteenth Street. Old man sitting I said, Yo, ain'tbody having a meeting called them mind? He said, Yo, somebody ain't here saying what we got, knowing we are from.
Speaker 1: This fucking day on. Yo, you didn't get this chain off. You were taking a little yo.
Speaker 8: No, everybody all black, everybody dirtiest fuck fifteenth Street down there, all of them they had benses. They was looking like waiting full all the heat on them. Everything else. We was dirty. That's when the phase turned, the break. Everybody came in black, grandmama's kids, the DJ's roll around, what they got on, all black ac motherfuckers. And because you're putting strollers in the baby all black, like everybody all black. I go up to the College Dollar. They're like, oh, that's a foe block from they reading everybody else all the fuck around us. So that's when the Blake and we had a song from New Style and it was like I was just looking to titles.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Yo, we need a name.
Speaker 8: Fuck now Style, I say eighties when we were and the name won our songs was Naughty by Nature. Nought by Nature was the name of a News Style that I didn't even know I was gonna be here, hand him that's what's.
Speaker 1: Up right now. It was the name of the song. That's when we were New Style, we had a song called Naughty by Nature.
Speaker 9: So when we got the Flavor Unit, Flavor Unit was like, all right, y'all the News Style and y'all signed to this whole sugar Hill label.
Speaker 1: We got dead all of that, so we clear, what's that name?
Speaker 8: Tommy Boy had to go because we ain't tell Tommy Boy that we was on contract over there.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing about it brought them up.
Speaker 9: Crazy thing about this back then, right, and this is what's crazy about the evolution of you know, the hip hop executive ship. We used to be on the block. So when it was time to change from New style of Naughty by Nature. When we was first picturing the name Naughty by Nature to shot him and they.
Speaker 1: Said it's too long. They was like it too long. It's whatever, it was too long.
Speaker 9: You know who is there with him, Chris like we had shot him from Flavor Unit, Chris Lighty and Jimmy Henchman.
Speaker 1: All three of those guys were on the in.
Speaker 10: That that in that truck and.
Speaker 1: Nobody on the block. He's like, man, it is just anybody all black, just come out on my mother. Everybody old the fuck up? Where's the group? They said, this is them.
Speaker 8: Three niggas were very nigga, seventy deep rolling the clubs. Nigga and we said we were from Jersey and motherfucker spots.
Speaker 1: We get motherfucking bood. We said we got bood.
Speaker 8: One time, nigga were going to New York seventy eighty fucking deep.
Speaker 1: Ever you had back then, you know you're talking to New y was they were so deep.
Speaker 8: There's robbin oone niggas nigga wee chelse God damn it.
Speaker 6: So you said that you did the actual O P P record Prime to the That was like them, like everything is going to be all right little song off the first album, like Romo Shine on.
Speaker 1: The songs fro this was it say something all right? Was done when we were working. That was done when we was seven.
Speaker 8: I was fucking this broad my first puzzy I had in the park and there was this other.
Speaker 1: Nigga bitch that I ain't like. It was just you know, I me and I was like a person. It ain't come like all of them fast.
Speaker 8: I got my first rally park in Balley Park, and Rally Park I.
Speaker 1: L e y. I was homeless. I was sleeping there hustling all night.
Speaker 8: A thing he's doing up to him and I got my first busy pussy up in there and it was this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I was never fun. It was like sisters.
Speaker 8: And then he was all night, little dirty ass nigga Bumbo Bo. You know the his fresh I had the braids on Laddy and he's sleeping the park nigga. This motherfucker, he just can't come by y'all. Fuck this bitch in the bar in the It was like O P P and Move Brown that were talking about before.
Speaker 1: He was always said Yo, I'm down with O PM.
Speaker 8: And then he made up with other people's money's money because he was like the big homy, Yeah, I'm down with over here.
Speaker 1: So we always laughed and then Ben's.
Speaker 8: Like back and we always back and we come back here. Ben's like, well, I'm down with O p P. He said, what's that? Other people pussy reality?
Speaker 11: And I.
Speaker 1: Heard, I said what you and Rial? You had to hook? No? He said that, he said song.
Speaker 8: But I had a vertue already about fucking this nigga bitch that was missing me and ship everything else that was And I said, oh, let make for the good yo. That song with like ten years. Motherfucker boy. They even knew what it mean because they would have never played it. It was babies is making making that record.
Speaker 10: Like we were sitting in on Eighteenth Street in my bedroom and I had there was bump beds in there, and I remember Track sitting there with his arm on the top of the bump bed with it and just with the notebook up there and saying it to me.
Speaker 1: And I just remember that day. I just like, dang, this is crazy. You knew it was gonna be a hit?
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 1: I just I just thought it.
Speaker 6: Because at that time you had never like you probably made hit records, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about I didn't make his records.
Speaker 4: Record, but it wasn't came out yeah right.
Speaker 1: I just was like.
Speaker 2: I was like that because it wasn't that the first hip hop record that MTV broke, like really really broke.
Speaker 8: Well, it really got behind it be because.
Speaker 1: I'm a TV.
Speaker 8: I never I'll never tell old m t V bro I'm gonna give my mother fucking for five right alert runs the show run d m C rock Box walked this way and opened that fucking ship for hip hop.
Speaker 1: Dn't break the record even, man, fuck that what you said we opened the door and.
Speaker 8: Say that song that we got that to. Man, I know what you say over got song for the mask. You talking about a record that m t V did a real.
Speaker 1: Did you tell the.
Speaker 13: Real fucking story?
Speaker 1: Nigga? What made that ship land them round up?
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 1: These mother fucker got damn.
Speaker 8: I ain't got charges, nigga, Nigga, I'm gonna go d listen, man, what turned this ship around was video juke box. We changed the whole ship, like anytime you fall in the video play KPP played twenty.
Speaker 1: Four hours all day.
Speaker 8: They said we gotta change and that was based out here I'm like, damn man, every time you come.
Speaker 1: Man, Ralph is the o G. He played our ship before we played Noo style Ship. I mean, but the.
Speaker 8: Video juke box when you paid ninety nine cents or whatever to see the video all day, it was twenty four hours a fucking day, right, Yo, they had to change the format, Like wait a minute, man, these motherfuckers is getting every play we got. MTV jumped in Yo, MTV had to end Fab five Freddy Doctor Dray Love Yo on TV rep Down with MTV on TV red when You're TV raps came out that we got anybody were doing the spring breaks where they usually one try.
Speaker 1: Called quest buston you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So with them opening the doors for us, it was like when we came in he was a genius where he just had the substitution tracking and put up a B C J. We was like, hell, are we gonna clear this? And it's Warner Butter. But then he was like, well, you probably just won't have no production. You have writers but one hundred percent publishing and gonna go to the Jackson FB And we.
Speaker 1: Said yes, yes, the Jackson always thought clear.
Speaker 14: That took a lot of you.
Speaker 1: Know how Premier Premier.
Speaker 8: At we will still be selling dope.
Speaker 1: We wasn't getting.
Speaker 8: Hip hop paray because Kate went on, everybody.
Speaker 1: Tell you let me your brothers.
Speaker 6: You know, there's a lot of platforms out there where.
Speaker 1: The people interview new artists.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of platforms where artists can get broken off of these platforms.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I looked at me and my partner. I looked at inside the NBA, and we've seen you know, that's that's Elliott Wilson, Train.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that. It's a hated guy train Lloyd all the time.
Speaker 8: We looked at Jersey, we looked at that listen to worried about.
Speaker 1: Them all three listen.
Speaker 8: So we looked at We looked at inside the NBA thirty Boys, and we said, Charles Barkley.
Speaker 6: We seen Shaquille O'Neill, and we seen my my brother from Left Rock City, Kenny Smith, and we said, damn, they ain't a platform for hip hop to do that right.
Speaker 1: But not only that, even with them, they will.
Speaker 6: Interview new artists. This platform is to is to continue to salute our legends when they give them fly. We want to get in trees when they can't hell them exactly.
Speaker 8: Know what I'm saying, because because you know why, so many of.
Speaker 6: Us, when it comes to a certain time in our life, so many people want to write you off.
Speaker 1: We got five years in the game, ten years in the game. You can't do it again.
Speaker 6: You got fifteen, twenty years, and they just always want to write us off. I want this to be a platform that are artists, are legends can always come on and we can salute them and praise them exactly, and we don't ridicule people. And we don't talk about if you got caught with this chicken on thirteen.
Speaker 1: We don't do that. Got ship what we're doing, so you.
Speaker 6: Know that tonight we are saluting by day homegirl with the glasses please choll out.
Speaker 1: We hear you alive.
Speaker 8: I can't take you nowhere, I take you everywhere.
Speaker 1: So hip, that's right. I think.
Speaker 9: I think the thing is what you guys are doing here, and and you know, you create a platform where cats like us could come through. Man, people need to understand about longevity, you know, even DJs and cs longevity, creativity, brand management.
Speaker 6: But a lot of people don't make is disposable nowadays. And I want to be the exact opposite of that. Will continue what you said.
Speaker 9: Well, the thing is is like, look, we're just coming from rehearsals with a cat like Rob Base. It takes two shouting out New York. That record came out in the eighties.
Speaker 8: Man and Cats looking Rob Based, I mean, think, yo, he don't work, He not eating.
Speaker 1: Touring.
Speaker 9: He's grossing millions of dollars of years and just touring alone, you know what I mean? So the thing yeah, yeah, but look, this is the thing about that rent artists. We out here, man, the plays of them out here were eating. We're on this package right now. It's called I Love the Nineties Tour. Right So Salt and Pepper and Vanilla Ice like cats said people, Vanilla Ice, you're not thinking about this cat. The reality is is that Salt and Pepper and Vanilla Ice just headlined a tour by themselves all arenas and amphitheaters, one hundred and ten dates, manout legends, they.
Speaker 1: Sold, they sold.
Speaker 9: There's six hundred thousand tickets, six hundred thousand tickets. Only six hundred thousand tickets sold in twenty seventeen. So this is what we about to re up on in twenty seventeen. It's two legs of this joint.
Speaker 1: And now.
Speaker 6: Let's also just big up other legends that drop music nowadays, because it seems like the music is coming back to the realness, and we have to salute people like Daylight Soul who hit number one right independent, and then you gotta also turn around and also salute trip Core Quest for doing not only a phenomenal album that sounds like nineteen ninety now exactly like it sounds like what's happening now, but it sounded like nineteen It's not like our ship because every time we describe real hip hop, people will say, that's that ninety shit, and I think.
Speaker 8: That's agism, the ages translations.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 8: We got these radio stations and program directors. Man, they'll let you after thirty in hip hop, like you retire, You gotta retire.
Speaker 1: Like you know the dads like you ain't got it no more.
Speaker 8: And it's the whole thing instead of a mixture and everything else.
Speaker 1: When you chop off the head of the eldest the young roue wow.
Speaker 6: Exactly like your cargo like that just in the music is opinion, and they locked up all of these these big so I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Sorry, trust you are exactly right. Because it's like the Animal and the Kingdom. When you see the elephants and anything else, or the or the big bulls, they kill them for the tusk. The bulls.
Speaker 8: The little ones run wild because they ain't got the mail. They don't listen to the moms. It's the same thing when you take the head off of hip hop, you kill the culture and then the young ones is running wild and they ain't talking about nothing because they just about the paper.
Speaker 1: Instead of the culture.
Speaker 8: So when the program directors don't have a mixture, used to be time when you go to West Coast, you're here seventy percent West Coast and music specting with everybody else.
Speaker 1: They you're here Liverpool, East.
Speaker 8: Coast, you're here seventy Yeah. Look you know where you're at. You turn on the radio. Now everywhere you're turning the radio, you think you down south and they game boom boom. Your cousins become corporate and all those radio stations on side.
Speaker 1: Of the translation all start and checks so they have more. They have one radio playlist, that one.
Speaker 10: Playlist that spread across the bars stations. So matter what city is the exact same form, exactly exact same format of cosations, gifts and ships started playing all the ship the same to sound, and.
Speaker 1: Then that's syndicated as well.
Speaker 10: Not only are they playing the same records, they sound the same.
Speaker 1: You don't have nobody that's homegrown truth.
Speaker 9: But listen, that's the beauty of the day's technology and tools.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: I'm not the guy that plays the old school game and say record to the labels and radio stations. You have the Internet, now, you have podcasts, you have social media, and the reality is is that.
Speaker 1: The labels they did the work for us. You know they they did the work alive, they did with.
Speaker 8: Us up in there with snakes and retch dropping them off, having releases on Napkins.
Speaker 1: Translation, so what do you you have now is what.
Speaker 9: You can do with you? You can do it all yourself, would lose a draw. They still play our catalog every day. So it's not about what's playing on today's nine to five radio.
Speaker 8: You got satellite radio, you got you gonna director.
Speaker 1: When you have this type of and you get y'all putting this.
Speaker 8: Message out is everything they go down and it's coming back to direct fans and everything.
Speaker 9: So it's do it yourself business. I like to play the sounds Pizteria joint. We built this drug with hand, and now the internet gives us a chance to just keep managing our brand by our hands, just fun and.
Speaker 1: Little my own do it yourself records.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, you could just post anything in the whole world.
Speaker 1: See so it's like it's so the labels you're like, fuck y'all.
Speaker 10: Now good, But the good thing gets too as well as that. We came before that whole three sixty times and all that other thing of all of that because exactly a lot a lot of us did, and that that allowed record companies to spend millions of dollars on our brand.
Speaker 1: Like you look at look.
Speaker 9: At out, can't ye.
Speaker 1: Than anything else you did your soul out, It stayed out there. It kept the whole hip hop like we're still.
Speaker 15: Here, Like look at like like they spend millions of dollars on on our on this that they don't they spend millions of dollars to help us build this and now we walked away with it.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't do that when you get that today. You can't do that today. And that's why you ain't gonna walk you in.
Speaker 9: If you want, I want to know what the podcasts, if you want your own liquor, if you want anything.
Speaker 1: You know what they called it translation gives them more.
Speaker 6: They call the three sixty deals no more. They call them the content deal. So it sounds a little bit more leanient like. But you know, Leo Combs was the person that invented the three exactly, and it stuck with him so so that but now other people are doing it, but they're doing it.
Speaker 1: You know. Still, you're gonna have one drink.
Speaker 9: They don't drinks for Unicateye that baby, We're good that you need one of those guys need a drop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as mother.
Speaker 9: Like I d business manhatt and I'll understand because of the transition that happened in the record industry game, I could kind of understand the three sixty deal because you know, back in the day they got paid off of physical content. That was the albums, the CDs, the cassettes.
Speaker 6: That was tons of maazing tons of money.
Speaker 9: Tom Silberman told us, look, when I financed your album, I made y'all sold over two million copies of a cassette, A six dollar cassette. You sold over two million copies. That's twelve million dollars. I already recouped your album long before I even put it out.
Speaker 1: I was the rest of the money. That's why I had to go up in that translation month.
Speaker 9: So now, but that was because of you had albums, you had cassettes, you had CDs, you had physical content.
Speaker 1: Now with everything.
Speaker 9: Streaming and you know booth, once you go up on an Internet, it spreads like wildfire.
Speaker 1: So music is basically a lost leader.
Speaker 8: Right now, you're basically giving well back then, it's disposable back then. The way now this translation translation average one hundred and fifty shows for the past twenty five years, twenty five year anniversary for.
Speaker 1: By, Let's make some noise translation.
Speaker 8: He was saying, the hustle.
Speaker 6: Let me put it like this to you, because remember back in the days, a person would come out with an album and you would live with it. Like nobody really said ill Matic was a classic.
Speaker 1: When it came out that week. It was the.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you was that nowadays something something in linen and they threw us and left rack doers And he said, you hear it?
Speaker 1: I said, oh, ship, yeah, I was doing the first game. Motherfucker, let's.
Speaker 6: At But what I'm saying is, you know I'm saying this right now. People people don't do that. People don't analyze the album. People were just looked at it and people would be so much stands meaning there's so much fans these people that they just say the album is a classic and the album been out seventy two hours.
Speaker 9: Were even do that now because it's been more of a singles game the past decade. What the youngest about, right, The term you're talking about is back when we came up, when you created an album, it was called the Body of Work.
Speaker 1: And first it was an album.
Speaker 8: Every song out fastboarding, every song went on fast forward and the credit. You want to know.
Speaker 1: Hand.
Speaker 6: Now you get a digital album, mister Lee, welcome back. We missed you, my brother.
Speaker 9: You know, I gotta chose because when we talk about albums, right, we talk about the skits that everything and r P to our brother Ricky Harris, the comedian, Oh that's rights hit. You know, skits with depth row and all of those cats. Man, So you got to big up Ricky Harris.
Speaker 6: We've just had we just had TK conklet on here but see that that's the difference from our era. Like I remember about maybe four four or five years ago, I just wanted to shop an album because I always you know, you know, created our own music and we make it and then we shop it from the beginning. So I had went and this is like four four or five years ago, and I went to a company and they offered me a good deal.
Speaker 1: But when I sat down with them, they said play me this.
Speaker 6: And I played it, and they play play me this, and I played it and they was like, all right, cool, we'll make the deal.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you don't want to hear the b sides, right, you.
Speaker 6: Don't want to hear the belly, You don't want to hear the gum under the table.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hear you know.
Speaker 3: My fingernails off of my big hoes, And like that's the whole what is it called a body.
Speaker 1: Translation? They only wanted to they heard.
Speaker 8: Me, no institutionalized right, they had you at hello, yeah, oh come on, said they gave me.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 9: I think right now, wagging, I think, tell you what you guys are doing, Norwy. Even back then four years ago, when you were shopping that demo, you may not have known the importance of your brand until you do the podcast. You may not have realized how many motherfuckers out there love you because you're still shopping the demo instead of told straight with the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Then what it was was, I had this so much project independent, and I'll start spending so much my mom my own money, fifteen thousand at a time, fifty thousand at a time, seventy five thousand.
Speaker 1: At a time.
Speaker 6: And what we just found out is that people this this Paola ship is being shut down in our city. And I got to applaud that. You understand I'm saying, But back then I didn't know that, and I'm independent, so I'm doing that. So I'm like, I don't want to spend my own money no more.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to A.
Speaker 6: I know this label don't exist an hour of st let me go back to an epic.
Speaker 1: Let me go back.
Speaker 6: And when I did that, but this wasn't that. This was one of them new labels, and they you know, I had a little Bulls at the time, not A. And then they said let me hear the single, and I played them and said, let me hear the number two and that was it.
Speaker 1: But I had a whole body of work. I want to play.
Speaker 6: I want to play I Love my Life for Carl Thomas, and you know that might not make the radio, but the streets is gonna fill that.
Speaker 8: The money, the money you hear what you said, the money you invested in there and motherfuckers don't know they invest in theyself. Anybody want to deal or big ship? When you did what it did all over? Yeah, I was known like you put it in the station boom, old work and then the radio station. Don't play us that when they call us for the motherfucking shows we charging triple.
Speaker 10: I mean, do you think them out? Even now you might have a day. You can't even go to a record label. Now, don't play charge and smalling.
Speaker 11: Just this no more like you got you have Tom yes, and you.
Speaker 16: Got to have following special You don't them because you don't need them to.
Speaker 6: So when when the artist does build his own following you now.
Speaker 10: Now now, no no, no, no, but if you if unless you want him and then they throwing something, they.
Speaker 1: Throw back of money at you and take you. Why not it's a vision. Hold on a bag. We're going ahead, these cousins.
Speaker 17: Crazy, anybody crazy you hey, nor My thing is le.
Speaker 9: Veteran artists. When you're creative with your brand once you're established. We're all musicians, we all have classic hip hop ship. Hip Hop is about the diverse hustle. It's not only the liquor. It's not only the podcast. Looking what fifty is doing with power with all of these guys went. It's about being creative with your brand. You create another lane. You don't need to go to a record label. You can come straight up the middle. Look at drink Champs right now.
Speaker 6: You can drop whatever the fu.
Speaker 1: So that e f N.
Speaker 9: I was down here with you. I love that documentary series. As a documentary series goes in search. And this is what people need to understand. Hip is a global culture. So what you're doing. I was here last time. I sat through it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: For you guys to travel the world and going in different pockets from Brazil to Vietnam and you was a war that was gonna die right just to see off hip hop cultures around the globe. Man, it's crazy, but it's being creative with your brand. It's being creative with your brand.
Speaker 6: Because the thing about this this thing about is this right. I can tell that everybody here at some point, if we wouldn't have got paid for what we love to do, we would have continued to do it.
Speaker 8: And right and if I would have continued like in the in the we would have been in some houses time. Motherfuckers up getting safe said at the time, Ship like some noise.
Speaker 1: Talking about him. Hit Bob says a whole lot of definitely say we had to do goddamn.
Speaker 6: Because and and that's and that's and that's what the love of hip hop is. Like the other day they had the Hottest m C lists. A lot of people were offended, and I understood why a lot of people were offended because but then when the way they break it down, they say the hottest m C list, well, we have to take em C out of it.
Speaker 18: You just got to say the artist, rappers, artists are the hottest.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: How they tricked the whole game. You can't have the top ten in hip hop. You gotta have like a top fifty. That's true, that's but you'll cut the whole lot of mothers channel side.
Speaker 1: You disrespected.
Speaker 19: I don't know, man lyrics.
Speaker 8: No one could take a love motherfuckers off the.
Speaker 1: Dome without him writing nothing down.
Speaker 8: They making bad like whats you talking about? And that I could bring to the motherfucker show. And and the thing is when you when you get.
Speaker 10: Into that is a never in the argument because it all depends on.
Speaker 1: How old you are, where you live at when you say hottest, just like your top five or.
Speaker 10: Top ten, when you get into any of that.
Speaker 1: Eighties went to where you grew you getting.
Speaker 10: Asked a guy from Cali, or expect a guy from Caleid to have the same list as a guy from New York.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: Recently, a guy named Lil Yachty said he thought that Biggie Biggie was overrated. I absolutely didn't take no offense to it.
Speaker 1: I mean because I don't love big. Of course I love Big Bigy baby was even a little bit, but he wasn't RAI.
Speaker 6: It's like if you asked me, h if Joe Joe Joe Lewis was ill, And I'm gonna tell you yeah, from Joe Lewis's ill, from the replays I saw, I've never seen Joe Louis. I'm gonna tell you Floyd Mayweather is the greatest boxer I ever see period because it's the truth.
Speaker 1: But I doubt if you would have said he was overrated? Joe what.
Speaker 8: My big brother was the best I ever said, brother Mike Tyson.
Speaker 9: I think the problem if you're asking another current lyricists, he does his music, he does.
Speaker 1: Trick Lamar or or kidd you Lamar.
Speaker 8: Never said rapper or j Cole saying you know what, I think Biggie was overrated because now you looked at you know what, you're a lyricist and you know that you we said that part right there, that part bigger.
Speaker 1: What's my nigga laying the signal? Ship that bar? That's my nigga?
Speaker 8: Man, that's naricis have you got?
Speaker 1: Are you? You started following me on Twitter? I respect that, yo?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know that, we know that. We know. Man.
Speaker 8: Listen, half of the hip and hip hop need a hit replacement.
Speaker 1: You know what you mean by luck the way you said it.
Speaker 8: Man, it was half of the hip and hip hop need a hip replacement because.
Speaker 1: Because we're trying to say that ship crippled. You understand.
Speaker 8: Fuck the world asked me for squad because I'm slack with them shots and to make your poplock the win at the moment the game and on top of the line.
Speaker 1: And tint that damn thing. Renny saying your video right from the getago, I want.
Speaker 8: To see a mini flow as t show Magga dirty city glow, can't stand the city show.
Speaker 1: Hark go that everything.
Speaker 8: Let your O commedion know we're smoking enemies like Chimney's Hallow Hennessy. The industry got four or five minimes the Homo stolen cars in new tags, boot bags and dow rash to trade one ring for two jags and if you.
Speaker 1: Ever hit him. Hip hop niggas like telling him that she throwing through the today through the sea to they just back. It's got that these niggas can't do this. Nigga said, can I ride for you? I was.
Speaker 8: I was with my mama, Baby, Mama's dropping off some money and ship in the Bronx, and he was.
Speaker 1: I was saying, do you know Mark, I said, if you can't say this, you can't.
Speaker 8: I don't even want that in the middle little bit.
Speaker 1: We know that men who didn't do that. I said, all right, I want mama. Yeah, you know what they want to say. They want to say already I'm on that lead. My jez means if you too out of battle, that's how they want to I'm more.
Speaker 9: Get tell them what this is what I caution, this is what I wish the nigga wore like a kits in cabinet.
Speaker 1: This was.
Speaker 8: Yo man, Yo, yo, Paul. They're gonna suck him up. He said, what we all, we all, we all must be careful. We all. I want you to hear this too.
Speaker 9: I think we all must be careful man, because one thing is for sure is things evolved. Music evolved, and we need to pay attention to hip hop music.
Speaker 1: What we know it asked of.
Speaker 8: People are complaining because they hear it sonically, lyrically evolving beyond what we grew up on. It's the same thing from bebop and Cap Callaway days.
Speaker 1: That was all young music saying hold on you.
Speaker 9: Fast forward to disco music or soul music, Teddy Pendograss and all of those disco music. Hip hop took out disco music to the whole genre. If you watch your unsung all of those guys that were hop back in the day and try to do it, by the time you try to redo it, it's evolved on to something else. That's why you feel like you don't have an ear well understand is that we need to cherish and really protect hip hop man because if it evolves off into something else.
Speaker 8: You're gonna be stucked like in the time War. And what he's saying in translation is, but if these motherfuckers would play a whole lot of different shit, because when you see it them out of that range, they got talent, but they think they gotta make it all and all of the ship you hear sound like one fucking song, all the seventies, eighty eight, nineties going all.
Speaker 1: That ship, any right ship sound different? Now they got them all sounding got to sound like that to be there doing sound like one fucking just guess what your new?
Speaker 9: Your next level of little yachty and those next guys are like, my music ain't even hip hop.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you were.
Speaker 2: Saying, johns Genres. The difference to hip hop is it's cannibalizing itself. Yeah, it's changing within its within the same John, And it's a lot of.
Speaker 9: Hot new music that don't But the thing is, well, like biology cancerself, he's definitely gonna get something different no matter what, even if it's cannibalizing itself.
Speaker 1: The eventuality is different. But that's why all of the ed M cats is, you know, blowing up.
Speaker 9: And a lot of hip hop DJs, y'all know that last five years, a lot of hip hop dj is just went straight edy IDM.
Speaker 1: But but they bailed.
Speaker 6: What Let me ask you a question or three of our question. But should hip hop be category garage like you.
Speaker 20: Know, subgenres within him like hip hop classic authentic? I mean, we do it to ourselves anyway. Some people backpack conscious.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 8: You cannot cage, you can't box in creativity.
Speaker 1: You can hip hop what it is and what it can't do. All you can do is walk to the bricks. It's like the payments. You're gonna have a little pairramid.
Speaker 9: Some of them fucking pyramids is so big, so many people worked on that pyramid that it's bigger than yours. It's bigger than yours. So now it's like easy creativity. You don't ever want to. You can put your own stuff out via humanity. It's yourself. You can be from Africa and go to Europe and combine cultures and come up with some fly ship to move global humanity. For stay over here because this culture is that, that's that, that's.
Speaker 1: What translations over here. That's why. This is why. Then you get into that is born from wherever it's born.
Speaker 9: So many people from so many different cultures, regions, ethnicities, they all participate love absorbed hip hop, and then when they try to regurgitate it age, your nigga shouldn't be rapping.
Speaker 8: White boys shouldn't be rapping. This guy shouldn't be rapping.
Speaker 1: That's not fly. I can't do that. You can't do that.
Speaker 8: It was a translation radio station translate for you. I mean, funck y'all. We do ourselves when we got shipped like out on what we gotta create. He must got got no gifts.
Speaker 1: We got gifts to you. It's this niggas translator. It ain't gifts, niggas translation nigga. I said, stiff, sorry ready, I'm just showing you how we bringing in the new year. Yeah, you better be leaving somebody work. That's all jack. That is nigga, and that and that was besides you. Well, I'm telling the your your side, give me whatever. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: If I got those, I'm framing those. I'm not wearing those I'm putting that ship, putting.
Speaker 1: In the kitchen before work. We bringing in the news. You know, she listens. I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know this only support rapper ship. So I look, look besides Ennessy, they're gonna cut it conventionally, but everybody else they either cut it check over their we wore around. We got I don't know why I didn't bring out the fin vodka.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you about. We're gonna take another shot. It's not because security. You want security dress ready another ship got ok? This is why you pour it? Because I'm about to say drinking like.
Speaker 19: You want.
Speaker 1: Now some of us pour nigga get it. I'm getting me ship. Oh you're not taking a shot. You gotta you gotta take a shot of rock. You've been taking shout of rock. You've been on white. Don't switch it up. But that's that's a mix. That's a mixed drink. Here string blue. I gotta figure I got a big up Diddy did d rock in the sack? Yeah? By what you did a we did our.
Speaker 9: Twenty fifth verse th weet pool ship came through what you want to we doing, came to the.
Speaker 1: Cool like one of the Conkouns of course, like I can't. I can't. One man, you know the brother pool. That's right, that's why you got some man. I used to live in West Yeah. Could you look at this mother? This looked like doing like a double shadow. Look at me talking me like you don't know what something?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: This ship you're the fun Let's go real quick. Told us how to be crazy. Fact that I told I told videos the last time.
Speaker 8: Y'all have to remember the craziest video remixers.
Speaker 1: A remix from the Miami the Miami Niggas. Yeah, it's me and my crew, but it was Brownwick County.
Speaker 8: We showed on the license that ain't ain't that's your cargo that part.
Speaker 1: We are here, remember record. Remember that's the homie that used to roll a y'all back then, those reagions.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna tell you some funny ship. I'm in Japan, right, just like gotta be like.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine, two thousand, maybe two thousand and one in that area, though not anywhere above that. I meet this. I'm in Japan just randomly. Dude come up to me. I said, what you doing? He said, Michael Head, big bone. You definitely said big Bob. But he said what then what that man? Let me tell you what. You know what I said, I said that homie, like you seem like you from the town, like the way you talking your swag. He said, yeah, I came out with my nature a year ago and I never came back ever since. London's London.
Speaker 8: That was like that.
Speaker 1: I mean all over the world. When you trying to all over the world, you might not.
Speaker 11: He to me.
Speaker 1: That's how you know, yeah, you help lights can be that.
Speaker 9: One of my originals, one of our regional radio reps, she worked for Tommy Boy and she was the London regional.
Speaker 1: We took him out there. He bagged and knocked up and never think. Yes he came back. I know how that regional game. When I was out there, he ain't come back. He's to come, he said. He said that I want to spend a different type of money.
Speaker 8: Translation, this motherfucker would come back and get deported from the country he's come, which is the US, because this nigga, they like l p leave his ass in.
Speaker 1: London, but he's living in London over then he'll go back. I think. I think like you're talking like like nigga, you up from the hood, but you're not.
Speaker 6: But you know how you talking met somebody and somebody be like, yo, I'm down with these niggas, and then you don't want to call them or even call none of y'all know.
Speaker 1: I know he's the way he was holding. Let me tell you that you have ever called anyone of you.
Speaker 21: And you know what.
Speaker 6: I said, you know your relatives of my niggas was like yo, yo, I said, nah, he got I believe every word got niggas.
Speaker 1: Look, you know one of your relatives, relatives, every rage.
Speaker 8: But he touched yo. We all got that, Like I heard on this side. He got it on the wrong side. But he's like, yeah, I just wanted it over here like he like that, Like he just touched.
Speaker 1: Yeah he touched my man. Yeah man, big him up. LP l P. You a ready knew his story with the truth. I never asked. I've never seen y'all for ten years straight. I've never even brought it up because I just knew. When he said it to me, I was like, I believe you. You ain't got definitely, but listen, okay, KG, So you.
Speaker 6: Produced for the group, if you reduced for New Style, what was it called style style do you.
Speaker 1: Produce by Naughty by Nature?
Speaker 6: What makes you say, I'm gonna branch you out, start my own label and.
Speaker 1: Incorporate R and B because that's what it felt like your label was. It was a hustler, keep you group, I'm tired, He's gonna kick up. I Meanwiian see me listen man. Once we got on board, man, it was I was running. I was running. So what happened came to you and Arista because that's where your label was at.
Speaker 10: First, right, Yeah, Now Hotwn was the first group and I was.
Speaker 1: From there. That was on Motown, y'all.
Speaker 10: I mean I always loved R and B from the door, Like if even if you listen to like the first noughty My Nature album, like the way that it was done there was there was a lot of music, musical stuff on there. Even if you go back and listen to new style stuff. I mean I was sampling the Eagles, a bunch of different stuff like that. Like I always listened to a bunch of different records like that or off or.
Speaker 1: To the side. I mean, as a producer you have to anyway.
Speaker 10: But growing up especially a R and B and soul music, like my parents is originally from the South. And then that's what my whole Queens think came and they they got together and they grew up in Queens.
Speaker 1: So my family's from Jamaica. Had my father Jamaica Queens. Grew up in Jamaica Queens. Y'all. Yeah, southe and wos right there, Jamaica Queens. Man family face nobody like.
Speaker 10: Ya and Coach Shawn is out there y'all like and we you know we they like I said, they grew up in the South, So my grandparents was down there in some of my my father's like sisters, so we would go to the South always playing and my father always just played a bunch of soul mus that's my younger brother right there, Like he's saying, no, you know every record, every record, every movie, and that's all because I mean, because of growing up like with my father, Like that's all he did is the translation records a genius.
Speaker 1: Like that's why he about the fall Asleep. They beat us to the head growing up.
Speaker 10: So when I when I got the opportunity to do that, man, I just I wanted to do something different because I just said, you know what I want, I'm gonna switch I'm gonna flip the script and I'm gonna shock people because I'm gonna come left field. Everbody gonna expect me to do hip hop, but I'm gonna come and do something that's influence.
Speaker 1: Johnny Ground. What do you feel when you when you see next and then you see the guy? Why are you always lie? Did you want to see that guy? Keep it?
Speaker 12: You? Me?
Speaker 1: Me personally, man, I feel like it keeps it, keeps correct, you know, walk to the mail That's that I want to walk to the mailbody.
Speaker 10: And that's the thing, like like eventually my thing is just like man, we gotta put in the hard work now to just to put on our flip flops and walk in the mailbox.
Speaker 1: And I ain't gotta work no more.
Speaker 19: Like that.
Speaker 8: People like that, like people like White always and even these movies, like if.
Speaker 1: You look at a movie like Office, I'm like the Office Party.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna send you the check we got. We gotta flip walk to the man.
Speaker 1: Did I show y'all? Did I show y'all? Yes? Yes, Let's make some.
Speaker 6: Lightness because tres on my light up year gott you a limit.
Speaker 10: If you look at movies like Office Christmas party that just like basically took and remade. Like we was talking about earlier on OVP Office Christmas Party. We made that Icen's dad, like you're talking about like when they did down with m TV, they said, why you're always lying? Like that's what I say, Like, I'm not mad at stuff like that. That keeps it going, keeps your brand alive, It keeps your publishing flowing and going, and allows you to walk to that mailbox man.
Speaker 1: That's when his when his views, Like when that guy his views go up. What happens the publishing company call you or you.
Speaker 22: Are Like Recket spends the rigial record Internet, it makes him, it becomes on the car record everybody, Ye spend that money in the promotion.
Speaker 1: That's weird crazy about that, right?
Speaker 10: My daughter, my daughter, I have a daughter that's sixteen years old. So she was playing that record and viral video ray always lying.
Speaker 1: So I said, you know what, I said, you know that record? I said, that's my record. She's like, she's like you out there. I say, yes, it is like that's NeXT's record, like the group Next. She was like really. I was like yeah, I played and she was like, oh, give me, like like whatever.
Speaker 8: With that, but.
Speaker 10: About it, like you introduce, it introduces you to a whole different audience as well, so it allows you to bridge the gap like you said, and it becomes recurrent.
Speaker 1: So okay, So I'm gonna twist the turn even though I know Tretch you wasted.
Speaker 8: In a good was You know you're wasted, My brother, you know you're wasted. Well, I'm Obama Maram and he's giving your mama driver find Morano, Holy Toledo Jack in New City VIDs and Matters No throwing Seattle said, he knows we do be Damn dodey ash he kills Silo, crafty Pappy.
Speaker 1: That's how I trying to Who's back with the new cat? Who's tracked? Man? Who I got to? Jilli knocking down like Billy All got me.
Speaker 8: Sill If you feel me spilling, Phil really feel me spinning an infinity to Pine Flows, comedy and Coochies in the condom combos of prime problem, mind flow, mind flow, anything less to be.
Speaker 1: A test, anything more only than nine notes, Ta's still in less.
Speaker 8: In nine shows of Fine Foes mind fo bomb blow shows that time shows.
Speaker 1: This nigga bit like that did you have me? So I always say, you just just spit around for I told you, bobly come every day.
Speaker 8: I have better mommas in the brus nigga I had niggas was on when I had to come through it and they was like.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 1: Translation translations day my way through that. I know that.
Speaker 23: There's a record I need to do. The making up up tell yeah, I tell you. The making of Uptown came out. I'm not at at first.
Speaker 1: Record the skeleton beat. I didn't like the skeleton of the beat Juice Juice, Yeah, it was in the door. I said, Yo, this is that's what translation translation. I went to jail because we had to do. They came up. They translation down.
Speaker 10: You came down the block and the translation he came down the block. He said, Yo, Tommy boys on us. They want us to do a record for this Juice soundtrack. What are we gonna do? What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: I said, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Man, and I start playing the movie has already done. Though the movie was done, but he's already in it. Yeah, yeah that's what isn't It wasn't out. But Tommy Boy wanted us to do a record, and they said, we need to get a record for it.
Speaker 1: So they came up.
Speaker 10: There and I was just like, I got this one joint. I was like, but it's a skeleton, I don't really like it or whatever. And I played it and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really like it.
Speaker 10: I put it in real quick, took it out and start playing some other stuff, and he's just like, no, no, no no no, no, no no no, go back to the other one.
Speaker 1: Go back to the which one, now, go back to that other one. This, yeah, that's it. Boom boom. However, it was like winning clip, but it's you heavy black Man's God, look at more competition, Beat your break, your mother, your CD. You go on later with a dick and I want to bring your brother ships boy Norty ship. Yeah, the flames plays and then saying you do, brother, can't go fall no matter where you go. There you fighting something cool like ship, they said. And then we got South. Yeah, we got s we go. We settled out ship. God damn you.
Speaker 8: Know very, I said, out of court with me, God damn Sugar said Lloyd bad so that God damn it. Mother, They said, aunt of court when they fuck with me my brother? Yeah, it wasn't me, ship, I think we want to drop this. It's a gang of little niggas and Hootie's outside to just keep following me and ship and everything. It's just saying Dredd tread tread, noughty, noughty noughty, love you, love you.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, just let's drop this law. Who is these motherfuckers ain't so statue limitation. So I want to ask you some serious serious ask some serious ship translation, some serious ship. Who did you meet first, Big Pie Pop?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Pa can introduce me the big when packing Big DoD nigga.
Speaker 1: I died with him. I'm just here haunting niggas with the truth, real deal. Them was my niggas. So now, when did you meet Pop? I'm at Pop.
Speaker 8: We were doing rolling flavory and anything and on the road it was Queen Lante for a heavy d publican and me and Digital Underground. So he was doing a humpty and anthing on the ground that no se that that that the park translation when they told him get this nigga crazy off the block, Like you.
Speaker 1: Start to take him out on the road, you would just be drifting around the hood. We were just like, you know what, stayble, you know what. Let me tell you about the hood.
Speaker 9: You know how you grow up in the hood and you got chick Wethers and you know you got cats. Yo, these niggas is some wow niggas. Right, Trench has always been that cat. I've been and deny you all these years. I'm like, Trench is a wild nigga, But Trench ain't really that wow.
Speaker 1: Wow fucking make it right here, man about this catch.
Speaker 10: Don't worry about yeah, yeah, yeah, like they are. When we were we stay down there, but then the stages up with Flavor Unit. We were naughty by nature of the town and we were starting to get everything together and Latifa and was going on tour and they was just like we were just like, yo, just take tracks, let them be a roadie, just take translation, just take her.
Speaker 1: We all we don't have anything, we brothers anything. Anybody played they position.
Speaker 8: Nobody never killed nobody from the homies and nothing. Nobody snitched on nobody, nothing. It was Cole's rules, anything else. Anybody played their position. I was the motherfucking we peaceful enforce it. If anybody fuck with my motherfucking brothers and our whole click you feel me.
Speaker 1: They did they part. They do They a body play they fucking position and the niggas come. I'm just saying no more. They said whole fuck.
Speaker 6: But you remember the first day I'm at POMP the first time, man, when I met this nigga.
Speaker 1: Yo, they had we was on the road. We was roadies. What roadies are people? We got a little per diem. Per diem is what you get paid a week or something, you know, and you carry him bags. If you happy, you happy? Yeah, we wasn't there. You happy to be because they yeah, they sent me out and that's our mad pockets.
Speaker 9: While he signed with Flavor Union Management, right, we were still on the block basically. But when we signed with Flavor Union Management, they took trips on the road so he could go. They freestyle in the middle of lot.
Speaker 8: They forced me these My brothers said, our way, we got business.
Speaker 1: He nigga looking for two years ago. Hey, easy, and we do something about this man.
Speaker 9: We used to be on the block, right, so everybody was shut down the block for the day, were going a great adventure. Order were going a great adventure for the day. This nigga would stayed back. Nobody's on the block. He's out there setting his own prices. Double the rate because nobody's out there. Everybody's in hold of that up. Hold the fuck up translation real nigga.
Speaker 8: I said, They said, Yo, you can't get these ships, the twenties and the just shad. I said, y'all I've been getting. He said, you ain't beenking. I said, he we up in the fucking price. He's like, mo fuck. I said, y'all take y'all vaca. Ain't niggas go taking him? They called me trigger I go serve ship with him. That wanted to go to great adventure.
Speaker 1: That nigga. Niggas going some lines for trust, never going to one of the he is somebody gonna say the hell got the ship. No niggas ain't gonna kill waiting right now to that nigga. They go there the block. Hell, come on, little bit like that. We was in anybody, old man down the block. So you remember we used to come from there. So you may never go nowhere.
Speaker 8: All the niggas used to come around go to fly events. We just anchored down on the block, just getting it. Translating my dagg I don't want to go to greater I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to go ship.
Speaker 24: Look, we were like beeping without he was he was beeping with We was beeping with our philips.
Speaker 1: Wasn't nobody out there all black? We see it, were beeping with our relatives. Where y'all we ain't c street visished it. They fresh as hell.
Speaker 8: They looking like these fresh out of motherfucker paying for alphole and ship they got the BMW change, were dirty ship on the block. When they get raided, they want't ill can we come on the end of the young or the old man from Friday said, no.
Speaker 24: Nigga, nigga, y'all niggas is hot nigga, we dirty, y'all ain't coming over here and bringing them business and all that shitting and gold chained niggas.
Speaker 1: See all these niggas and yeah, they be over there when we go out.
Speaker 8: We had our mix and shipping all our mother bit and nigg God damn Gucci suits and the balls.
Speaker 1: Now y'all not coming.
Speaker 8: So try everybody that tried to go through the block from the O G Ski and and all of us, everybody will have motherfucker got damned to that. Even from somebody's feeling their grandmama. Yeah, like you are nigga trying to to block over there.
Speaker 1: Even yeah, I got a question. You can't control this.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on, hold on legslationship translationship, let's get this drink.
Speaker 19: Just just.
Speaker 1: Was laying king. Well guess what got kick back was gone? I was not. I was a fucking They said I was from Washington. We are yeah fit translation. You know hip hop, you represent every race.
Speaker 6: He's on the real You know, I watched, like I say, Drink Champs is this type of podcast?
Speaker 1: It really isn't. Drink Champions just for every culture, and it's hip hop. That's why I feel like hip hop should be his own race. Like I feel like I don't know. I know this is a tardy, but it might be genius.
Speaker 6: I think that the next presidential race people should run as hip hop candidate.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe we need somebody else. I was talking you things, but but there's people like David Banner killing people, killing Mike.
Speaker 6: There's people are what's my other brother that was on death Jam, Young Brother on Depth Jam, Big Qut on Death Jam.
Speaker 1: There's people that we can listen that's maybe maybe we not got to rush them to the presidency. Okay, maybe we take them to mayors. Why not? Maybe maybe with David Banner, like David Banner. I suggested that, you know he did it in Mississippi.
Speaker 6: I suggested that when Tyler quat here, you went for Brooklyn Council.
Speaker 1: And the thing is a lot of us because I remember.
Speaker 6: I was told to Russell liv strategy about to Russell was, I was, I was, and uh, hip Hop Summit. So I remember back in the days the hip Hop Summit, So Russell Simmons and I did like seventeen And at just one point, I was just like, Russ, you're getting me out here, because because wherever I'm at, he's pulling over my whole bus.
Speaker 1: Niggas just like here death MP at the time. So wherever we're like your show was canceling the night, you gotta do a hip hop summing Jesus right, It's like Russ, at some point what we're doing? Can you give us back there? Right? And Rush is like, he's like, so what do you mean? I said, why don't you run for president?
Speaker 6: And I know I said this story on the on the podcast a couple of times, but I'm gonna say it again.
Speaker 1: He said, no, I mean I smoke dope. I said, hey, body smoke. Wait Russ, right, he said, nah, I smoke terror bushed your coke.
Speaker 6: But back then I understood. I was like, you know, Russ, all right, cool, smoked heroin cool.
Speaker 1: Right now, what if Donald gave us anything? He gave us the hope that they don't give a fuck as long as you create your following, right, It's just like Kanye.
Speaker 6: I mean, whether you agree with Kanye, you don't agree with Kanye, his followers still follow him.
Speaker 1: That's what happened with Trump. He used social media, social media President. I said it from this podcast from the beginning. What did I say? Trump turned on politics into a smack DVD. They didn't care about what he.
Speaker 8: Was saying was factual or what it was the better line, you don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: You could tell this factual. We can hit him with facts on a smack DVD. What if you got the.
Speaker 8: Better line translation, Donald Trump's motherfucker, I'm gonna built that. You happy you were saying what the majority of the voters was going to say. Trump, Yeah, we gotta protect this, we gotta go this, we gotta have this, we gotta be for us, we gotta move on, we gotta bill you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The separation and a president and everybody was going.
Speaker 9: But here here's another thing though normally, and Bill not only do I think the better play is for all of us if we're involved in politics or whatever. It's just like you're putting on the next artist, Mike, It's.
Speaker 8: Just like you're putting on the political meetings, tell as little bits.
Speaker 9: It's not like you're putting on the next artist. You just co signing the next urban politician or your next young politician. So we provide the mouth mouthpiece. We provide that international connection. When you're talking about hip hop as a race, it's gonna be a going race. It's gonna be multi cultural, multi ethnic. It's one voice. So what we need to do is we need to keep doing what we're doing because we're new and we're signing the people who are gonna be there in trench.
Speaker 10: Look the mostly like they'll do.
Speaker 8: Like I said, we're playing our parts. He's great with the you know, the politicians, all of them.
Speaker 1: I'm in the streets.
Speaker 8: I'm having their homies, doing games together and everything else.
Speaker 1: We got to playing games with the rivals.
Speaker 8: They're put on the lights and city, you know, we put the cars up, put the headlights on them. Everybody got waters boom uniforms, and we have different blood and crypts. It ain't bloods against cripts, just like teams twitched all up. So when you break bread together and you see in.
Speaker 1: The streets and they go back out, now you know that's my people.
Speaker 8: Know a little bit to just put back to the community when you have any type of connect that.
Speaker 1: Goes far and hip hop is all within it right right.
Speaker 6: Because you know, the point I'm kind of trying to get at is sometimes us still being in the hood, is still being involved with the hood and still being around the hood, and we're not giving something back. The thing about it is we have to we have to push it forward because the era that we live in with black men being murdered every day, think about I'll get the Chicago next. But I'm saying, you know, just on the streets getting pulled over for traffic, like getting pulled over, like we're at genocide already.
Speaker 1: How can we commit our own genocide? So like I can't. I don't really want to be for anybody. I don't want to have anybody. You have to have problems because we have fucking more say within ourselves. What I'm saying within ourselves.
Speaker 6: It always hurts and always it always hits home because it's like, damn, I.
Speaker 3: Guess what, don't don't we have the same news station, we have the same internet.
Speaker 1: Look, how are we still beefing?
Speaker 8: When we came up, all of us, we had forty ounces, we had a little drinks, we got you know, we did a different thing. These kids now they're getting house ship. Sure that I'm the motherfucker was like and lan o percocet and niggas wake.
Speaker 1: The fuck up and in jail for life? Like what you killed three motherfuckers? Remember who was your homies? And once they sot like we wasn't on that type of ship. It wasn't cool to being a thing.
Speaker 10: Translation, it wasn't cool to be a fiend guy killing guys are just scared to just have a fair one and just walk away from it like that.
Speaker 1: Like that's what it used to be, because that's how you solved your problems. You went to the take the gun home, man home. Have didn't think that in the book.
Speaker 8: If that's what, if that's the mentality all we got gift basket, look ship that is gonna stop showing off, showing over back.
Speaker 1: You get beds. I don't see that. I don't see that.
Speaker 8: One mean you ain't.
Speaker 1: You know why the gifts? You don't the gifts me just say something. We're gonna get back to everything that we was talking about.
Speaker 6: But you know what, you guys raised, not only me, not only E f N, but you raised hip hop. You gots stood there, you stood strong. You can consistently stayed the same no matter. I don't get. I don't care when I'm gonna hear a new Nordy record. As long as Cage is on a motherfucking exactly is kicking that ship and then video is coming in there with that butter on that bread. That's exactly what it is. And hip hop needs to continue to just a praisey, praise you. I said a praise.
Speaker 1: Let's let's roll with that. You know what, you know what drunk take you everywhere?
Speaker 6: Listen, you know what it is so many people when they when they ride off all legends and when I know the real deal because I'm in the field and I walk around and I know that I see tretching Ruth Chris, and then if he go to the bathroom, I take care of his bill. If if I go to the bathroom. We take care of my bill and were out there living good and just having fun. And it's like, I didn't want him to just tell that to me. I wanted the time to the world that we out here still living. Just because you don't see a person on the Hottest MC list, don't.
Speaker 1: Mean he ain't the hottest MC right right and working at.
Speaker 8: You, guys, I got relatives, but yeh, niggas all around worldwide, bass boye translate.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about to go to. What's right? Listen, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety eight number one record in the world, you know, platinum album. I go to London or something like that, and I see that. I saw this is my favorite group, like at the time, like holes in my long thats my ship. Now I'm onna time me, boy. They told me to me, boy, I don't understand because gave me a million, so I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Be like and I see them and they I said, what are you doing out here? They said, we got a show like two weeks from now, and I laughed at them. I literally was like, what heck? Just out here for two weeks? Because I was so young, I didn't know what happened so al right cool here that I went plat and whatever whatever.
Speaker 6: When things went down and I was just in Europe for a month, I understood, right, But I was so young at that point that when they said, like, you're just chilling in Europe.
Speaker 1: For two extra weeks.
Speaker 6: I have no idea about features, I have no idea about hosting mixtapes.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. But I'm sitting because to me, Europe at that time was like, why be here. I can be in Harlem, I can be in New Orleans, I could be in Miami, I could be in l A.
Speaker 6: And then years later, when I sat back, and you know what, hip hop might live, real hip hop, the hip hop that we're all talking about, might live more in Europe than.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 8: Shows.
Speaker 1: This is out there six o'clock in the afternoon. I'm like, yo, what time to close? Club open? It's like nine o'clock. Wait a minute, why they out there? Why am I sound check?
Speaker 6: Because they want to be the first people in there, and they're out there breakdancing.
Speaker 1: This niggas doing graffiti at the fucking venue. Yeah, this is the best thing about I ever.
Speaker 8: When they got that where you can see the old school or the throwback the nineties eight damn that say this like America and this is like the world like compared to us our era.
Speaker 1: We could go all over and tour.
Speaker 8: If you ain't got that content like that, Yo, you got Japan they breakdance and.
Speaker 1: Still they look at you. Germany break Yo, they don't know English.
Speaker 9: Here's one thing I want to tell you, guys, and I want to the audience, man, do not take your own backyard for granted. Because, like we told you all those new style stories, we got fucking established as the new stop right there in our backyard. It was our wild high school auditorium where we got our first audience. Then we mastered our backyard, and then we took it where we took it. Don't keep letting people or don't let people tell you all the money is overseas. When we have all of these, we have the whole United States right here, right now. I'm telling you, let me just say this, let me just tell you this really quick. I'm gonna drop it on you.
Speaker 8: Twenty seventeen, we will be doing easily one hundred amphitheaters and arenas in the United States.
Speaker 1: That's not going to Canada. It's not going nowhere.
Speaker 9: Eight to ten thousand people man on this side of the nineties tour working with our agency, and the game is evolving. The game is evolving. These package dates are the shit.
Speaker 6: But how about these new artists right will throw out a record and it's hot on the internet. And the good thing and the bad thing about the internet is when it's hot on the internet is hot in places we don't know.
Speaker 1: They can't really build a foundation, Like I forget this guy. He's a white guy, he said, the white guy. All he needs is a good booking agency.
Speaker 10: You know that.
Speaker 6: No, no, not spost belong to guy, he said, he's not about that life. Oh slim something Well, Slim Jesus put.
Speaker 1: Out a record.
Speaker 6: His record blew up and he couldn't even even if he wanted to build up his own hometown, he couldn't because when he threw it up on the Internet, it blew up everywhere else. So how about these guys like this?
Speaker 1: I just say.
Speaker 10: What you can't do too, like like even like going back like just to to just finds relating to us and and and going into like to piggyback on what you're talking about. It's like even with us, like we felt like, I guess my point I'm trying to say is even with us, Jesus or anybody like that, you got to continue to plan and continue to build. Like you said, you can still build that home as well as our side.
Speaker 1: Like even with us, we locked our hometown down at home and our our city and in our state. But then our we we said, we said it's time to spread out.
Speaker 10: Now, and we went to New York. And the first time we went to New York, it was a regular birthday party. They bowed us out of that place and we were a bunch regular.
Speaker 1: Just because we said we're from Judge.
Speaker 8: It was Red Alert's birthday party. Right, So back then, and this was the eighties, we would have started. We weren't even naughty by Nature yet. So there's Daylight Soul trip called Quest Queen Latti for KRS one. You name it, you named Red Alert's birthday party.
Speaker 9: We come there because Ky's brother was managing us at the time and he knew the promoter who was throwing the party. So he's like, back, we'll put Yawla on as a new style of just open up before whatever else happened, we got up there and that this was the craziest shoe guy in December.
Speaker 1: We got up.
Speaker 9: Even if I was first, I'm saying that we're from knowing my nature with from Jersey. We got booed before we even dropped the racket. Then when we dropped the they booed us out the building. The craziest part is when we pulled up the clear like this. By the time we got booed and had to drive back to Jersey, it was like three ft of snow out there.
Speaker 1: The longest driving the Jersey like you know, a whole ride and I'm feeling say, and the time of going back the drawing, that was it. We're gonna do it right. We went back to the drawing like to this fucking day. Man, let me, don't you care about what? Yo?
Speaker 9: We got the brand, we got, the legacy, we got the love of the people. You have the Internet, you have the proper tools and to own an operator business, roll up your fucking sleeves, invest in yourself.
Speaker 1: Stay on top of your ship and you can manage and budd and miss.
Speaker 25: Name dicause that's what it takes.
Speaker 11: You know it.
Speaker 8: Niggas would count you out a million times. They said, I'm not trying to hear that ship. You banging out with capone, trying to figure out new music. You can't left on these niggas with drink chaps, whole different lane.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, that's what the game is about.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: We had a guys, I've voted for you. I'm already and stay on top of ship. Anybody can do every.
Speaker 8: Fucking thing you already voted for you already already know, nigga.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a politician like a motherfucker over. Yeah, we do this ship, man, We've been doing this ship for years. Man, dream Man.
Speaker 8: When we had a mean before we were in New York, he said, they don't say we from Jersey because the niggas going tread.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck you go a ship?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 12: We know.
Speaker 1: Here we are. We're gonna say, do not say we from Jersey.
Speaker 8: Listen rock that motherfucker niggas and hip hop don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, if you weren't from the five boroughs, by year we take what year we take? This was like before eight.
Speaker 8: We say flavor you on today. He eight eighty nine, he's eighteen, nineteen years old, but just from fucking Jersey time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the man Ja one day one day when d m C was sort of like your inspiration.
Speaker 8: Dream please.
Speaker 1: Same every Friday night. Let me tell you this to even with all of that and trade coat in middle school with a briefcase, and that motherfucker.
Speaker 8: Can't run the radio playing motherfucking motherfucker season ship, you're all letting motherfucker. He's like yo washing lord, you know like you said saying, I start feeling it was my ship.
Speaker 1: I was little fuck that we came out.
Speaker 8: When we came out as head because CuMo D was like he took out darkskin niggas.
Speaker 1: But I love it low you feel me. I'm like to Darsian niggas, man, all these niggas, man, Man.
Speaker 8: If you need Darcian niggas, come back, Big Daddy, can Daddy translate?
Speaker 1: Big Daddy came put the chocolate bag. But you know what. On another on the.
Speaker 10: Speaking of run Damn C. Like we've always been, like I said, we've been everything we do it. We call it like everything's after them like we but we when we came out in ninety four ninety three, we came out with hip hop array.
Speaker 1: Hip howay they said, BP.
Speaker 10: Recking, I'm going backtrack to that record of that and the evolution of it. But even with that, we were like you said about feeling yourself. We came out with that after our first album, we sold millions of records, come out with this, were back on top. We gonna got our own tour. We're like, yo, listen, we love running them. See this is what we came up on.
Speaker 1: And at that time people start to sleep on run them see like, oh they over. We put them on to it. We want, we want we want to run them.
Speaker 10: See now listen, Well we were saying to ourselves, but our audience gonna come see us.
Speaker 1: We're gonna murder them.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 21: The very first show Richmond know Richmond, Richmond story you they said, no, Teller clan, mother fucking I'm talking to man.
Speaker 1: I said no, we don't want money.
Speaker 8: See we said, fucking can'ncel the tour if run DMC can't come out.
Speaker 1: I said that that we want you to tell the whole story. Anyway, we said. We was out there and we were like, Yo, our show crazy, grow up on it. We're gonna go out here. They can do whatever. We're gonna kill them up.
Speaker 8: Man, damn se without god Father, like ahead, Bob very fresh the very first every show larded us Nigga, we ain't going close. We're gonna play our position, going before them niggas. You're going after run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was the headlines one d C.
Speaker 8: If you lest somebody said you over that shields out, dude, you can go after one dm C.
Speaker 1: Niggah, you may lock it up. You don't want over.
Speaker 8: We go on.
Speaker 11: A lot of people don't want to, don't want to go on your head car. People don't like Yo, you can't go after you know we run no that we like we be rking.
Speaker 1: We don't rot them. You I'm going now. I was actually my first deal. Remember when a long time boy then Death Game and her. Yeah, yeah, because I didn't like Tom Silverman. He kept coming to the meetings with eyeliner on his life. I just I just thought it was real.
Speaker 8: He was doing Homo normal years that normal rustling and Andy.
Speaker 1: And one of your classes.
Speaker 8: He came out, came out of the classes where he got away.
Speaker 1: The whole time. I came in here looking for me. Definitely, Yeah, I was. He just meant me like it was like like that you know where he where you are? You guys, what do you guys think of the game today? What do you think of that? You know what I think of the game? Half a hip hop and he's a hit. I think half of me says, uh, they're not doing real hip hop.
Speaker 6: But then the other half me said, they said the same thing about you when you were doing I.
Speaker 1: Listened to what my kids want to listen to. I listened to that. I see the good. When first, I'm not like because it's certain ship, you know, you know, like I like to get the ship you feel.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like, you know, what happened one day was we got club, I start living here. I started living here, and no matter what, you go to a club and the club they play the young lead ship, right, so you know, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: And then one day my son big, I'm not seeing I love you, I miss you. It's in basketball camp. Motherfucker call me.
Speaker 6: You know, they don't want to call me because translation anyway, yeah, you're playing ball. So anyway, I used to walk past my son's room. I used to hear the ship that I heard in the club.
Speaker 1: So nowt to get curious, and I started to be like, all right, well, why is he listening to that?
Speaker 6: So I would telling him, come out your head, take the beats pill and he'll be like, you don't want to hear my ship?
Speaker 1: Pie? Like first, just don't call me pie d Dad, just flicking.
Speaker 6: Like and then I started to I started saying, you know what, I'm not gonna judge my son because my parents ain't judged me.
Speaker 1: Some let him listen to what you listen to.
Speaker 6: And that's what kind of got me into the new generation like acceptable, Like I could care less, I'll be.
Speaker 1: In the club, I say, so be loud, but you know that's a loon. But switch driving dreams and story and I'll be in. Then I'd be like, and I find myself loving this ship, not even liking it, loving it the same music that I know that if I was to listen to it in the nineties or in are you.
Speaker 8: Going to left racking and listen to that ship?
Speaker 6: But most of your peers, peers, but young you haveing racket and left right the young kids and kid everywhere they are listening to this.
Speaker 1: So instead of me being like like a dude, like fuck that, I started to listen right, well, you know what, no, no, no, but the thing, you know what it is?
Speaker 10: I think a lot of people. I think not not not all of them, but I think some or most of them that do have the total total like shut out of and just be like that. That is that because they don't have kids. If you have kids, they were to understand understanding because you see how they react to it and you listen to them, listen to it, like you said.
Speaker 1: The same thing what you said, I can relate together. Translation.
Speaker 10: It's been playing that stuff for years and I just hear him playing it, and I hear them saying these songs two three months before they even come out, like because they get them all all those kids do. They explore, they get off the internet and then they play in their rooms and then all of a sudden the radio starts playing later. But you've been heard them playing this internet hit perfect one.
Speaker 1: My son, Jake Ford, I think it changed this motherfucker game.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I had the motherfucker new motherfucker do a project.
Speaker 8: We got the old throw back tracks from the era, having my money and Kazi, my nephew there he had a head and all that the battle.
Speaker 26: Okay, you got a question, I got to answer me ask you this norm Yes, today, would you make a song incorporating that side that style of music.
Speaker 1: If you today, if you if you were making a record.
Speaker 6: I did already funk flex actually went crazy on my my new record because I know.
Speaker 1: Certain younger new style. No, it's not younger in this section. Sorry, I'm sorry. When you made the fucking track beat today, I did about two years ago. That's like I didn't like translations.
Speaker 8: I didn't like I did it translation. You mentioned a certain motherfucker. We don't with you get your money with that. We don't up your money. You got some way, don't go through says.
Speaker 1: And we will years ago. Yo, Let's do a project with a play yourself definly like it Angel sound.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't comfortable in that, you know, and you know what you have to do that. We don't have to do that, my husband, that's a bridge. That's the biggest podcast in the world. Before that gets get a break. Try trap music.
Speaker 19: I know I crack.
Speaker 1: The whole Mam movie. Yo, you had the connect with you didn't We got to use the connect. You don't be sharing you did?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: You go get him? You come straight up to the just text me mother.
Speaker 8: We're going like a thousand Joe yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Now you know what I'm just.
Speaker 8: Saying for the video. Yeah, him, like you're gonna do it? What's the relationship with the home who?
Speaker 6: That's my brother? He just texted me Merry Christmas. I wish him a merry Christmas. I've been texting a wrong number because my my iPhone hasn't been backed up in thirty six.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight weeks, thirty eight weeks. And it's because I'm a bolder.
Speaker 6: I'm a guy from resource from for special education that will kick your ass and science.
Speaker 1: Class social I'm a good education. I'm good. I'm going now.
Speaker 8: Every other class I throw out a translation relations the communicator, I.
Speaker 1: Know the communicate, but you know that's the homie.
Speaker 6: I haven't spoken to him because what happened was, uh, we were we were doing That's that's always.
Speaker 1: Been so what happened to the tracks were done? The whole side of you out. You got existence. I don't know. I was picking it up. What are you doing? I said, this man on the border of the bus, and.
Speaker 8: Just on the border you got a saying that it's just me on the board of the boss the web on this jump.
Speaker 1: Look at each other.
Speaker 9: We fight each other, get the b they said, saying, we got a saying and it's called pie p I E. And this is what you all need to understand.
Speaker 8: P I E.
Speaker 1: Positioning is everything. Positioning.
Speaker 9: You position yourself and without giving up too much, normy you're doing your thing.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: How has the podcast journalists help you?
Speaker 9: I saw when you saw you like you went to I following you on social media. You're going to one of these fucking journalism media events.
Speaker 1: You're like, you know what I'm really saying.
Speaker 8: This is my first time showing up at one of these motherfuckers as.
Speaker 1: A journal Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 9: So what's the experience that diversity people need to learn from you too? How do you work that brand, diversify that brand, find other avenues to reinvent yourself?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll just re editate what I was kind of saying earlier was the brother that sits right there, j my brother.
Speaker 1: He kept telling me, yo, we should do something, we should do because we had.
Speaker 6: A radio show at first, and then this is my serious satellite and X and combine it because remember at.
Speaker 1: First serious, you know, we had the twin was what separate thing.
Speaker 6: So we had a radio show and it did pretty good. But then when they merged together, I believe.
Speaker 1: I had just moved to Miami, and they was like, y'all can do the show or if you do the New York I forget exactly what it was. And then we stopped doing it. But I find.
Speaker 6: He sort of knew what we had when we did the show, so f kept reiterated it to me.
Speaker 1: He kept saying, you, let's do something. Let's do something.
Speaker 6: And I did a podcast, you know, long story short, and then we started doing this and then our idea was fuck it. I listened to How ninety seven, I listened to Power nine out here, I listened to all that and all these platforms is based on the old nigga that's hot or the new nigga that's hot.
Speaker 1: Why don't we praise our legends.
Speaker 6: Why don't we say and say you know what yo, listen, listen. I know we quoted some of your records, but you can go through your albums. I know your words, world.
Speaker 1: But your words still got the business. Understand that it's business.
Speaker 9: What you're saying is the reality is with corporate America, all the corporate radio stations, it's business. It's not personal. We all know, all of these programmers people run these stations. They would love to do more, but they have to follow the order of the day. And it takes cats like you who you know this side of.
Speaker 1: The game to bring a norri in and create your own.
Speaker 8: My favorite quote is if it doesn't exist, created created.
Speaker 1: So that's all it takes.
Speaker 9: You listen to all of this ship, you see what's going on, you say, you know what's missing, and that's what Park said, ain't the weakness in the game, and sew it up.
Speaker 1: And there's so many people, so many people that I know. That's real. Hip hop lovers used to complain about hip hop and inger is. I love what they were.
Speaker 6: Complaining about, but I didn't want to complain. I want to do something about it. So me and my partner got together d J y FN. I don't remember to pronounce your last name. Yeah yeah, that ship is like that is like German.
Speaker 1: Last I mean, but.
Speaker 6: I said, yo, let's let's let's let's you know, we interview cared us one nigga say, oh yeah, Nigga's crazy, and you know what we did, tmvkicked off picked it up right, and I'm like, it ain't about if a nigga hot got a project out, you know what it's about, praising what the fun I grew up loving, praising what the fun he grew up loving.
Speaker 1: That nigga got a bed on because you know that's not hip hop VD right to him.
Speaker 9: You know how he still played Vinyl translations perisyl.
Speaker 1: I want to know what happened to all the tracks we did?
Speaker 8: You know, like your relative and queens come to Jersey and ship and you're missing some of your old school see the hard ride?
Speaker 1: Yeah went the fuck you my third name? Tell that ship right now? You don't know what you know?
Speaker 27: You have my favorite records together? Yeah, and me and one haven't mixed it together?
Speaker 12: Like no you.
Speaker 1: Found picture door Jane and Jackson j Jackson Laig jack.
Speaker 8: Know you, I know. Look, here's another thing you talk about my wife y y'all just the k'te being about him? God damn I got him bottom break? This is Apple, what's already Mercer's Malcolm janel Pas later over.
Speaker 1: Cut that translated.
Speaker 9: So we have a Jersey queen's connection, yes, and Kay's family. We got south Side Jamaica queens and then we have left fright.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do so.
Speaker 8: Then my baby mom was south Side Pepper from so and Pepper, you know, Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Let's get into your baby bringing up baby. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you from Kingston, Jamaica and Jamaica. Queazy Kenny Kenny Anderson got one. Listen, I'm making you talk about you heard something yer about? All right, where does some pepper come out? What do you think? But yeah, let's to show stopped for that. Eighty two ladies, okay, so now so now the real gym was a scholay.
Speaker 18: Listen, sa amen, amen, eighty lady eight okay, eighty two eighty came so now listen.
Speaker 1: I came out like, yeah, I was right seventy seven and we're born in seventy. So when I'm looking at female, I'm not really I'm a young buck to you, I'm older. You know, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Fucking saus. I said, damn, and that I spend the drust. I said, this is old for me. I'm seven years old.
Speaker 1: You know was my ship? Right? I swore on marry one of them motherfuckers, right right. I ain't even I never met some people. You never did. We all have tomorrow night, man, we're doing this ship, come down there and go backstays comes with us translate doing translation.
Speaker 8: You big love man and all them dressing nigga ain't even when I go out and do you just talk to him?
Speaker 1: Take yourself and wall cheese numbers all that mass a lot of a lot of your nigga is you put my business you.
Speaker 8: Have to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, motherfucker take any fights you never.
Speaker 19: Get.
Speaker 1: You got damnatation. Nigga got almost seven years, God damn it, over seven years.
Speaker 8: Never might have broke the beacon in the motherfucking magnum condoms like just to have them and shouldn't use them.
Speaker 1: But that got in wet and nigga damning state said.
Speaker 28: Man, all six kids, I got one of them, nigga magnus man with the wet.
Speaker 1: All my kids, I one of them got that.
Speaker 8: Wow, that part, that part ain't no moment, ain't no mischief splashing, you know, just all over the states and just this bros splashing you know.
Speaker 1: About you got small ice over there. Yeah, we got ice Stimer. Tell me where the hell is the song? And when you're going email like the three of them we did. We had like twoesday nights. Was there colleges. So he's a lot of nigga, a politician.
Speaker 8: These su niggas, I'm telling you, you're taking over all this space in this world.
Speaker 1: His motherfucker take over there. And y'all niggas is good. Your nigga's good nigga? Did you he still ain't answering my ship? No, no, no, I got I got.
Speaker 6: Did you ever picture yourself as top five PROTUSA hip hop on?
Speaker 1: All time?
Speaker 8: They be cheating him, man everage where you go? And he always was like, man, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: All the niggas.
Speaker 8: They stopped rating ship because I took it personal and I went to fuck up to their little waiting spots and said, for real, y'all disrespectful and showed him the top that I think with it, and no, he ain't on there. You motherfuckers stopped doing this ship. If you ain't gonna keep it funky, tell that part.
Speaker 1: You don't get City of Salt top five. He is, goddamn he number one in my motherfucking ship. So that what I'm saying, the fuck up, that's all the matter. That part. No, I don't go for number one. Ain't listen.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you something that really matters, because all these lists exist. It's the mot fucking publishing checks that's what really matters. Y'all can debate all you one sitting and got damn.
Speaker 1: Barber showed.
Speaker 19: And look look at the work I ever, Look at the translations, games, The numbers don't lie.
Speaker 8: Look at motherfucking any food or anything. Loyalty has no exploration date. Look at Naughty by Nature. You see produced and written no matter what anybody.
Speaker 1: Shared from that ship. Family that stays together get paid together for life.
Speaker 8: We got all our publishing and producing together, no matter whoever rolled to produce anything, we got.
Speaker 1: It off up. So how'd you back, Pepper? How did this go down? Nigga? Let me tell you how I got because you know, like everybody was like all out of state with me. You ain't here, like you ain't hit. I can tell you that changing popular at first. He after the a test and it didn't happened, and Pop ran up a man.
Speaker 8: I won't just tell about different things that happened with him anyway, I know I didn't.
Speaker 1: I would tell you about how throwing them once, but you try. Everybody gotta try. Jane's janet. Come on, I never got to close. My wife, my wife, they tell me Janet, God damn, you don't choose you.
Speaker 8: Your wife will tell you that I'm just trying to get out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get out of you said, can I get you said, nigga want Janney. Yeah, nobody but she like nigga go get But how was it mean you met? Janet tells minutes? Yo, is we met Mike? You know, listen, tell the Mike. We're gonna do Janet, Mike or Michael J.
Speaker 8: Man whenever we get it first, Janet first, let's go trush, put me on a planet, dammit, and stop it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: You always was walking in the right spots of the spots of the clubs that I was in the back of this kind of dark and stuff.
Speaker 1: So we smocus. Sometimes you ain't got any criminals. I'm not. I'm telling you that your limitation and I ain't telling the.
Speaker 8: Nasty ship nigga you feel man kind of did and we can't wear you know when we done and man and cool and that's all.
Speaker 1: And that's all I got to said about my little cool bye ya. It's not saying about five hundreds. We just made that up. Just let me tell you something by nature. You had a illustrious life. You missed the Michael part, they said, Michael too.
Speaker 3: You know I was going in.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but let's go straight into it because your bed says.
Speaker 9: Well, the time we met Mike, it was like here another triple og and heavy D with everybody.
Speaker 1: Please give it up for the We love MC heavy D.
Speaker 8: For y'all in Heavy D session was the reason we met Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Have did the Space Jean.
Speaker 9: Have did the soundtrack to Space Jam, the Michael Jackson Little Bucks Bunny movie, right all right, So.
Speaker 1: He was out there.
Speaker 6: I've never heard somebody describe it as Michael Jackson Bugs Bunny movie and leave out Jordan. You respect, continue, continue, I've never heard listen Jordan.
Speaker 1: In my whole is the way it went down. What happened.
Speaker 9: So our manager, Coulantif's manager shot him. He had real head, real real heavy. So he was out in Chicago with Have and they were shooting the video to the soundtrack Space Jam. So it was Hald, Michael Jackson, Jordan. They was doing all that earlier shot Kim And this is the importance of Brandon. We always flooded our whole family with just naughty merch. So Shot Kim had on the black pilot jacket with the Naughty by Nature logo embroidered on it. Michael Jackson hit him, was like, hey, you know Eve my nature. I know those guys. I was like, Yo, I met I man, this real TV here with hell. I like this guy, I can get them out here, yo. Mike made the call. Shot made the call of us. We flew out the.
Speaker 1: Chicago and where y'all met Michael Jackson. Yeah, we got We got what you call up. Who wasn't that?
Speaker 9: We were there all day, we filled for hours. For half a second, who wasn't that noughty? And then another shot wasn't that?
Speaker 1: That's what we call a whole. But we did give them. That's when we got the monkey. The monkey those his own moms.
Speaker 9: Got to pay a Naughty by Nature boxes. You remember Naughty boxes. Yeah, Yo, we're gonna do business, don't we gave it? But these I called the Michael Jackson gloves.
Speaker 1: Because I'm rocking.
Speaker 8: Is this is there? This is how I'm bringing in the new year. Michael Jackson gloves.
Speaker 1: If you give me.
Speaker 6: Those, I'm not gonna wear those. Way too many niggas I shot. That's gonna feel disrespected.
Speaker 1: Already.
Speaker 18: What married, I'm boxing up my kitchen. My wife said, I love him, I love them. I'm never you know, we are together forever.
Speaker 6: But I can't wear those in public because if I wear those and Queen's niggas gonna.
Speaker 1: Be like that. The nigga that shot you sick is out head. Yeah, limertation because I said it right that you're limited. I ain't never telling about hand this nigga.
Speaker 6: Listen that your limit, you limiting you? You You please give me your story about Big. Give me a story about Big. This is my story about Big. If you follow my Instagram at Uncle van Rock. Deep down inside, I have a picture one of those polaroid joints that they prontoun slide the joining a Biggie. This was when he was first coming out, very early.
Speaker 1: Nineties, party of bullshit before that, somewhere in there.
Speaker 9: But somehow me and Biggie were down at Howard University and we was fucking with dj ron G tell you this story. That's the classics and all of that ship. But ge Ron, he was doing a party down in Howard. Somehow me and Big was down there and Ronni needed help with fucking crates. Yo, his crew wasn't even right. We were already rolling this naughty so I had crispy tims. If you look up this picture, Big had a little nasty tims on.
Speaker 13: He was he was still in that he was signed, but he was in the place stage when that first joint man and we.
Speaker 8: Helped ron G carry his fucking crates and that Howard joint. So me and Big y'all, and Big knew who I was, and we knew who Big was. He came into one of our shows, but Big Lincoln and then once we helped ron G, he was like, yo, Ven, let's take a picture.
Speaker 1: So we took the pictures, snapped up twice.
Speaker 8: He took one, and then he gave me one and he wrote down his beeper and his fucking home number on the joint.
Speaker 1: Hold on, talk him out. Make some noise for then having big people. That's hard Instagram the story, That's fine, that's hard, said people.
Speaker 6: You know, listen whenever I nigga say people number, you just gotta just got the fuck up.
Speaker 1: And just listen. And it's his big hand, right, they broke that ship. Give me a big story, all right.
Speaker 8: Well, this was like ninety five ninety six, where it was like tension between East West, how you're big Broman.
Speaker 1: We on tour, Nordy and bad Boy at that way talking about what let me just let me just let me just ye so you're gonna let me tell you, give me to think about this this then East Shot in New York. This fucking time back.
Speaker 8: On East West. All that with we tour with bad Boy and Pop Well for the first three for the first major tour translation for the first three four days. I'm like, yo, man, we and Santo, Yo, we all be at yo. Why you don't go out to these parties with me and me and Sugar two buggies.
Speaker 1: I said, my brother, hold on, when you're saying this, you're talking mat.
Speaker 8: I'm in the hotel. Were staying in the same hotel room. But they never left the hotel room.
Speaker 1: I never leave it.
Speaker 8: Relashship with that yo, man, Man fucking back you why you're the motherfucker they like it's in camp.
Speaker 1: The doors open there in the hotel, never going away. Why don't never go to the party when the week me and Shoot, I'm like, man, let me get this goddamn phone. That's when you had the phones like that, and Ship is long joints with you know, speak on and I'm like, man, hey, what's up? Man? Who oh yeah, this ship up.
Speaker 8: I'm like we're poking, oh right here here, like what's up? Like, man, these niggas, I'm not on talk with these niggas, man. These niggas don't even want to go party with me or nothing.
Speaker 1: Man. These niggas like yo, man, what the niggas? Man?
Speaker 8: Telling him bit and Sugar like telling bitch that niggas go out with ship when you're gonna fuck out your money, you relative and family. He then l and all the redt I'm gonna make some backords. You're gonna buy him out. He gonna make records. We're gonna make money. Tell him up about the bitch that niggas go.
Speaker 1: Out And there I got. The niggas came out.
Speaker 8: They just coming out with the shiny suits every show like after that, the niggas came out with timbo boots and naughty boxes ties over those shirts and Junior Mafia his cheek. I got, I got big and ken little teen jortin Mafy going on the hood with me.
Speaker 1: A strip joints and shipped all of us and he's doing talk picked them up fucking night with puffing them fucking down. Puff here.
Speaker 8: You still ain't coming back with that last fucking sack and nigga, you got real slick.
Speaker 1: Look at Mama Comb's you know that's old g slat box y'all. You're that big bag. It would be nice to get to get puffed daddy. You know that's my melitary. That's how we talking. Little slap back, trans tell you did I slapped.
Speaker 29: Welcome to play, a new podcast network featuring radio and TV personalities talking business, sports, tech, entertainment, and more.
Speaker 1: Play it at play dot it. We're back to Drink Champs Radio with rapperen or e d j FN.
Speaker 6: So let me end this conversation with this. I want to bid all three of you brothers up. And I want to say that again. Like I said in the beginning of the interview, when they said we're gonna get naughty, I said, yoh, we gonna get because sometimes noughty can be stole.
Speaker 30: He wo different configuration, my motherfucker five mille No, yeah, let me up more translation, maybe me questioning.
Speaker 1: Let me let me I'm gonna tell you this. I'm gonna tell you what you got.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna tell you what you got, and everybody and the social media and all of this ship.
Speaker 1: I'm telling y'all what y'all got.
Speaker 9: When Norty we had the problems a couple of years, my two brothers they went up to the Breakfast Club and they did an interview. So ever since then, this is the first interview, three of us yesing this kind of yes.
Speaker 1: So, so you brothers are doing yourll thing.
Speaker 8: I understand what y'are doing with your broadcast, understanding the platform, understand all of that. I understand advertising. I'm coming through with the sneak a couple.
Speaker 9: We're gonna put up that sponsorship money and do the right fucking once.
Speaker 1: Once to the pool and let's rock and let's rock out.
Speaker 8: Man, got it about created. It's about being created. But we've got the tools gnormous. It's about being created. It ain't about blaming nobody. Translation, he's going to be in office with them and the mayor and.
Speaker 1: The sleet, the warriors.
Speaker 8: Know when you we do this whole movement and all this ship, we all rolling together deep and we're gonna have all your anybody and this motherfucker and anything else.
Speaker 1: And take it to these station. They're gonna play a translations all the fans right there.
Speaker 6: Is the next Naughty mother war because KG got all the beasts and y'all copy of.
Speaker 8: The fucking tracks that we fucking dated and everything.
Speaker 1: Really get back in that before we.
Speaker 8: Closed out, I got tied the five rights, the fans of your time.
Speaker 6: The fans gonna kill us. When is the next real naughty by nature? And listen, let me just tell you something. Don't cut me off because I know you're about to come, but listen, listen. We need the next Nobody the child and we are aware of technology, so we are aware of the reason why music sucks now because back in the days.
Speaker 1: When we made music. Don't cut me off, nobody, listen. The reason why the music, the reason why the music was.
Speaker 6: So great back then is because I couldn't send you an email, No big them rape what's some ships the rails. The niggas ain't want to bring them, so you had to go to a person studio to make that music.
Speaker 1: Just listen.
Speaker 6: This is why music is disposable nowadays, because eating what you recorded on is it disposable?
Speaker 1: Back then, you can't do that. You couldn't throw that doorph away. That niggas a dolph translation a little, and he wants us to come to queens. No, I want y'all trans. They don't want to eat shipmanslation. I don't want y sounds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean translation. You don't have to come to the Yeah, I'm not unless KG is producing.
Speaker 1: That's what I believe. And somebody say that, and that's and that's real. So some people will argue if you have woul tang record and rigid and produce it.
Speaker 6: To be, I don't can't rison, don't produce it as long assid around.
Speaker 1: That man dre and doing range and put it together. That's how I feel about doing He's got that.
Speaker 8: It was great and in that believe you want to producing. That makes it's different. It's the brand that fixed what it does. And that's like an original. Eagles were the hip hop Eagles. Yeah all right then, nigga, I'm the Giants nigga.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Really this man, let's go Eagles fans gonna trying that Eagles nigga, you do even want to be in the hip hop rollings.
Speaker 1: I just make trench being the drunkest nigga in the building and that every where.
Speaker 8: Boy, there's always can joke nigga to put it on you and run the show and ship.
Speaker 1: I was thinking your shoe called trip traps and he o than me. He won, He's done. I'm usually.
Speaker 11: You can't.
Speaker 1: He won you right there? Yeah, Puff took god ship. Listen you.
Speaker 6: Because we used to have a little chalice like the nigga that won. But Puff came here like a trophy, a trophy and he took every drink from every table. But we don't have the foul and ship that we had before because we let your limitation right so, and he took it with him. He's a foul every algorithm in there.
Speaker 8: And question, has this motherfucker here that I know all this goddamn time, for these decades, has this motherfucker ever won the drunken motherfucker ship?
Speaker 1: I'm seeing that.
Speaker 8: It with you.
Speaker 1: And then you got kicked out of the hotel because I told you you couldn't smoke.
Speaker 8: Remember the translation, you're a translation translation. You didn't get hit down, n because you didn't get kicked out.
Speaker 31: You would say that in front of you ain't gonna hooked out charge tell me you want that freet say you missed me. You want some motion, niggas you say, flight to listen, niggas says, I remember this.
Speaker 1: I made you miss your lightly because you was in the room smoking when me. You told me that you smoking. I gave you a good way and you roll terrible? Can I leave this us? Yours me is good? You Yeah, in the real smoking Bee said nigga was smoking? Yo. No, no, I tell you not to smoking the room. Yeah, why you say? What did you tell me? You said I smoke? Getting Why you ain't here smoking with me?
Speaker 8: You weren't smoking the room, you wouldn't be there, and.
Speaker 1: Then went downstairs and this saying here you charged me. I said, I told you.
Speaker 8: Like I was.
Speaker 1: I was just telling them story. Listen.
Speaker 6: Listen then track kg on behalf of hip hop d J E fend drink Champs as it it sounds drained.
Speaker 1: Rich Blanco's the lead. You know, Sonny d b T.
Speaker 6: You know, pray for d C Twins, everybody, you know, all my people, Hockey and Green. You know what I'm saying. We want to salute you for what you did to hip hop, for raising us. Most of us wouldn't have been raised right if we didn't know that there's other people's pussy up there, so relax, it's not.
Speaker 1: Your pussy people.
Speaker 6: People, we would have never been raised right if we didn't have hip hop. Who would have never been right without your music, without your contribution to hip hop and hip hop? Owes you, and we're going to salute you that and we're going to continue keeping hip hop going because that's what we do. And I don't know, I puff gave us this to kill up with this heavy it's very heavy top.
Speaker 1: You ain't give me that last bag?
Speaker 9: Yes, this is your Yeah, that's your eternal love for him anniversary pool party.
Speaker 1: That up flat big rock.
Speaker 6: But I could never thank you brothers, Mark, I came green, thank you. I will never forget you for brother.
Speaker 1: Know something in here? Yeah, why don't you six?
Speaker 6: He starts high school mic to the mic nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: I'm talking on high.
Speaker 29: School Talent show, Right, you had KG and Trench about the record down South System goes out. Vinnie, who was the host of the talent show, starts beatboxing.
Speaker 1: Just goal and I started dancing.
Speaker 6: Let's say you beat box for the for the record, just for the record, Let's just let's just hear lets.
Speaker 1: Some water water when you talking about like that.
Speaker 29: Hip hop essense and hip hop to see it go down in nineteen eighty six in front.
Speaker 1: Of my eyes. We went to high school together.
Speaker 29: High school together, so the scene go down in front of my eyes. The next thing you know, four years later, I'm hearing O P P. I'm at Irving, Texas, Jersey too. Right, we started, We went to high.
Speaker 1: School together, graduated. I was in middle school together. I heard of a care rest one. I walked in the home room class and he's holding an album up like this is in middle school and you got fake blue eyes, right that cut those out real? We said those nigga ship we went Lady went to school.
Speaker 13: Nigga says, got text Jersey. We're gonna go to the commission a time five years.
Speaker 1: You have to do. We're gonna have to tell you.
Speaker 16: Niggas say that contact you've never been rid his hous. Nigga sees nigga. We called you my nig You know, my nigga is always but I've never been in jail with the.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're pretty no.
Speaker 18: Man know that ship.
Speaker 32: Wait, you're doing a business and I've got trout that ship.
Speaker 1: No, that's this you have ship.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers.
Speaker 1: N O r E and d j e f N. Listen to drink.
Speaker 23: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E.
Speaker 2: Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at.
Speaker 23: The Real noriaegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest
Speaker 2: Releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com