Speaker 1: Our two. Sean Hannity showed this Friday, eight hundred and nine point one, Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program. There has been more attempts by Abigail Spamburger to basically cook the books. This vote that took place that has since been struck down as unconstitutional in Virginia, with this unfair jerrymandering and the horrible language of it, never mind the constitutionality of it, which is separate and a part. There are multiple avenues for legal remedy in this. As I said, this will come under judicial review. It has already. It is come out in favor of the Republicans. I suspect that's where we ultimately land. But this is not the Abigail Spamburger that was running for office. If you go back to August twenty fifth, twenty twenty five, Spamburger then telling local ABC seven that she has no plans to read district Virginia. Here's her answer.
Speaker 2: Short answers No. Certainly, Virginia, by constitutional amendment, has a new redistricting effort that was put in place and first utilized after the in the twenty twenty one redistricting. Certainly, I've been watching with interest what other states are doing. But I have no plans to redistrict Virginia.
Speaker 1: No plans to redistrict Virginia. Then they put the constitutional amendment on the ballot, and of course that would give Democrats ten safe seats for Congress and Republicans only one, which would disenfranchise the forty six percent of Trump voters in the last presidential election. There's a whole series of hoops that you must jump through in Virginia to even get a measure like this on the ballot, never minding the abusively biased language in the ballot. I think the person that has given the best analysis of it and understands it better than anybody is Ken Couchinelli. He's a former attorney general for the state of Virginia. And can I've read all of your analysis, starting with the unconstitution unconstitutionality of it, leading to the actual language that was there, and never mind the broken promise of Abigail Spamberg. If you can, I want you to explain, you know why this was so quickly stopped in the courts and why this is likely to proceed into what the Democrats thought they won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean, so you've hit it that not only is there was the language on the ballot outrageous, but this Democrat legislature just absolutely ignored and trampled the constitutional requirements state constitutional requirements for amending the Constitution. Abigail Spamberger's answer there leaned heavily on the constitutional amendment that passed by a two to one margin in twenty twenty that I helped bring about, which was a bipartisan redistricting. It gave us our six' five map right, now and The dens want to flush that down the, toilet and to do, it they literally trampled the requirements of The. Constitution there's no intervening election between two passings of the amendment as. Required they didn't let. It they didn't give the voters ninety days after they passed it the second. Time these are basic, Things sean that have never before been contested or, questioned and they just trampled them in the push to get this redistricting gerrymander. Done and now they're going to pay a, price and they're going to pay it in The Virginia Supreme. Court as you, noted a lower court has already enjoyed certification of the election that happened two days, ago and the Current Attorney general has appealed. That but and The Virginia Supreme court has skipped The court Of appeals and taken that case. Up but they're going to have oral Argument monday. Morning sean on the first two constitutional problems with this, referendum they were briefed yesterday in The Virginia Supreme. Court i've never seen them go so, fast which is good sign they realize we all need to know what our lines.
Speaker 1: Are we do know there is something called judicial, activism AND i don't really know the makeup of The Virginia Supreme. Court can you break it down for?
Speaker 3: Us so The Virginia Supreme court is chosen by The General. Assembly right, now there's always seven. Justices four of them have been chosen By, republicans three By. Democrats but the brazen violations of The Virginia constitution that The democrats pulled off HERE i think may get a seven to zero rejection from The Supreme court by Mid. May that's, Why.
Speaker 1: Well would the court then be likely to leave the current the current districts as they, are or maybe reconfigure it another. WAY i would imagine they'd leave it as is currently. Configured, correct you're.
Speaker 3: Right, Sehn they'll leave them just as they.
Speaker 1: Are all, Right, now let's go through this so people understan just how Corrupt Albigail spanberger and The democrats are in all of. This, now the first passage was in. Valid the amendment was taken up during the special session convened in twenty twenty four that was supposed to be almost exclusively and correct me If i'm, wrong for budgetary, purposes and it was. Limiting the governing resolution limited the session's scope and then expanding it to include this constitutional amendment on. Redistricting really jerrymandering required a two third vote that never. Occurred let's start. There, no that's.
Speaker 3: Exactly, right and that violates two parts Of virginia's. Constitution they, hijacked or really resurrected an old special session From may of twenty twenty four that was to deal with the, budget as you, noted and a year and a half later they came back in in the end Of october of twenty twenty, five in the middle of The virginia's twenty twenty five, election we have ad your, elections and they declared the special session still, going and they passed this constitutional. Amendment and you know the reason for that two thirds requirement shown is so a majority can't bring a minority in on a pretense like the budget and then spring a trap on them like the. Amendment exactly what was done, Here this was exactly what the constitution was designed to, avoid and they did the exact violation that was intended to be protected against by the state. Constitution and that was just the first of their constitutional.
Speaker 1: Violations article, TWELVE i, Believe section, ONE i believe requires that after first passage a proposed constitutional, amendment he referred to The General assembly at its first regular session held after the next general election of members of The house Of, delegates and an election must intervene between the first and second. Passage you referred to this a little. EARLIER i want to go into more detail. Now in this particular, case first passage occurred during an election, cycle not before an intervening. One there's a huge, distinction isn't.
Speaker 3: There, yeah there's an enormous. Distinction and the hilarity here is their problem is we have a forty five day. Election, guests who gave us that The democrats last time they had the governorship in both houses gave us a forty five day, Election so that twenty twenty five election that Elected spanberger began On september nineteenth last. Year but they didn't do first passage Until, halloween six weeks later into the, election after over a million people had already Voted sean and they want to count that as their intervening. Election and as you, saw the judge In Southwest virginia said no. Way and that's in front of The Supreme. Court those two issues that you AND i just talked about are the ones that are currently in front of The Virginia Supreme. Court those are the two issues they will hear oral argument On.
Speaker 1: Monday this is Why i'd never want to be a lawyer or an attorney. General all of this as important as all this language, is just reading it gives me a. Headache i'm sure it gives you a. Headache. Two, now let's go back to the same, article same section that requires the amendment to be submitted to voters not sooner than ninety, days which you just. Mentioned that timeline from the second passage to The april twenty first vote did not satisfy that requirement. EITHER i, mean these are very very specific constitutional, Requirements So i'm kind Of i'm a little bit surprised that this was not really discussed in more detail. BEFOREHAND i had picked up on, it AND i kind of kept it to myself BECAUSE i looked at it as an ace in the. HOLE i look At virginia as a blue, state not a purple state as others look at. IT i was SURPRISED i ended up being as close as it. Did we Had Jason, miaris we Had glenn junkin on to talk about. IT i was, hopeful but you, know realistic as. WELL i thought the odds of this passing were pretty, high especially now The Northern virginia is so. Democratic but the timeline here. Matters the constitutional language is very.
Speaker 3: Clear, yeah that's, RIGHT i, mean and constitutions are to restrain government and protect minority, rights and that's exactly what was trampled. Here, look a lot of people go to law school so they don't have to do. Math but as the judge joked from the bench this, week even the lawyer can figure out that when you start voting On march, sixth and second passage Was january, sixteenth that's less than two. Months that's less than ninety. Days and again they get caught by their forty five day. Election the, language and that part of the constitution refers to when the ballot measure is submitted to the, voters and they want to come in and argue that it's not submitted to the voters until the ballots are being counted After april twenty, first because there are ninety days from second passage On january sixteenth Through april twenty, first but not When virginians started, voting not when it was submitted to the voters On march Six and this.
Speaker 1: Is why people like you and The republicans. Were you were all geared, Up you had your briefs, written you were ready to appeal, if in, fact The democrats won this power, grab and you were so prepared because they had violated. It was were you kind of playing the same GAME i was, playing which is kind of keeping it as an ace in the, hole not making it the bigger issue in the. Campaign the language itself was so, Atrocious.
Speaker 3: Yeah and the language was another reason the judge In Southwest virginia threw it. Out but that's, statutory not, constitutional and it wasn't really. Hidden Jason miarz when he Was Attorney general Of virginia last year issued a public opinion pointing out the timing of their proposed amendment vote was unconstitutional and that the, election the twenty twenty five election that they were in the midst, of couldn't count as the intervening. Election people have made the argument they're trying to make, Now, sean that, judge the whole election just should just be counted as election. Day that has been made in other cases and other situations all over the. Country it's been rejected in The Fourth, circuit The Fifth, circuit The Sixth, circuit The Ninth, circuit and The Eleventh. Circuit in federal, Cases it's never won, anywhere AND i don't think it's going to win for the first time In virginia in front of This Supreme.
Speaker 1: Court all, right quick, break right. Back we'll continue With Ken, kuchinelli Former Attorney general for The state Of, virginia one hundred and nine point One shawn This. Friday if we want to be a part of the, program all, right well continue. Now Ken couchinelli's with, us Former Attorney general for The state Of. Virginia why this verry mandering power grab in The commonwealth Of virginia will never pass judicial. Review it already has been stopped dead in its tracks right out of the. Gate continue discussing the constitutional problems and the wording problems of this. Amendment go to the last constitutional, issue and if there's, others tell. Me but then that Is article, Two section six requires that every electoral district be composed of contiguous and compact, territory and their proposed congressional map violates this rather.
Speaker 3: Badly if this map doesn't violate the compactness requirement of our state, constitution no map ever. Will. So but we don't get to the map argument unless The yes folks survive all and every challenge to the legality and constitutionality of the, referendum because you don't get to the new maps if the referendum that allowed the new maps is thrown. Out SO i think The dems thought they were going to win On tuesday by a much bigger margin and then carry on the strategy that you, Said sean of just, saying, hey look the will of the people and don't don't get in the way of the will of the. People and they squeaked by while outspending our side three or four to. One they barely won, it and with these gangster tactics and the really outrageous ballot language calling this restoring.
Speaker 1: Fairness let's go to the very language itself to restore. Fairness and then it's only a temporary. Measure because you mentioned that the, judge by not certifying the, election you, know reference this as.
Speaker 3: Well, Yeah so the language, says should The constitution Of virginia be amended to allow The General assembly to temporarily adopt new congressional districts to restore fairness in the upcoming, elections while Ensuring virginia's standard redistricting process resumes for all future redistricting after the twenty thirty. Census that's the exact language voters were confronted. With it's. Outrageous we have what's called a Plain english, Rule, sean we do not have a neutrality. Rule some states have explicit laws that say the language has to be. Neutral the judge decided that this was so misleading that it violated the Plain english rule on the books In. VIRGINIA i agree with, him BUT i think the constitutional issues are going to get decided. First how high.
Speaker 1: Up do you think it? Goes does this get to THE Us Supreme court or stop at The Virginia Supreme.
Speaker 3: Court you, know these are all state constitutional, Issues so The Supreme court Of virginia is the final Word, skova Not scotus on this. One And i'm perfectly comfortable with. THAT i have a great deal of confidence in This Supreme. Court and LIKE i, said they're moving very. FAST i think you can look for a ruling In, may maybe as soon as Mid.
Speaker 1: May all, right we appreciate your, Time Ken, Kuchinelli thank, you. Sir then your calls coming up This, friday eight hundred nine to four one sewn our number if you want to be a part of the. Program, NO i don't know if you saw this. Cut this one really stood out to. Me we we just had On Ken, kuchinelli smart G i always liked. Him and you have A, democrat A Democrat Virginia State. Senator his name Is Lamont. Bagbee he claims he knows all about Rural. America, now remember the forty six percent Of virginians have voted For Donald. Trump the people that in the previous election voted For Glenn youngkin have been disenfranchised And democrats in the name of, fairness you know where it's a six or five Advantaged democratic seats To republican seats In. Virginia now the way it's currently, districted, well they want to now make it ten Safe democratic, seats one Safe republican. Seat Donald trump got forty six percent of the. Vote they will be, disenfranchising you, know a vast majority of The commonwealth Of. Virginia, okay it, is it's under judicial. Review it's already been stopped in its. TRACKS i don't see any scenario in which they get away with. This, however listening to radical Leftist democrats Like Lamont bagbee in The senate there say this really really was a, oh let's put it this, way think irredeemable, deplorables think Bitter americans clinging to Their, god, Guns bible's, religion and think about you know that we're all pieces of, garbage BECAUSE i think this is right up, there and, LISTEN.
Speaker 4: I almost took issue with the other side saying that we don't. Understand BUT i grew up watching The, WALTS i grew up with With. OPIE i even Watched The Ducer. HAZARD i THINK i knew a little bit about Rule. America and WHEN i think about while we are, Here we're not just. Here i'm not just here FOR. Thea i'm not just here For arnold Or. Willis i'm here For, Opie John, Boyd Blosom.
Speaker 1: Penga you're listening to, this he. SAYS i know all about Rural america from watching The Andy Grifford show And mayberry and The dukes Of hazzards and The waltons and.
Speaker 5: Our, friend our friend who runs the president OF Us oil And, Gas Tim. Stewart you, know he's the king of funny things ON X and he put out a post last night he, goes oh my, god he Watched The dukes Of. Hazzard so tomorrow he's going to open a refinery because there's a new episode Of. Landman he should really get on that and just start, running you, know all of our energy production in The Middle.
Speaker 1: Way Is landman really?
Speaker 5: Back, NO i think he was being funny showing him that wasn't the point of the.
Speaker 1: Joke the point of the joke is a LOCAL i love that, AnyWho Bully Bob. Thornton if you watch Land, man it's. AWESOME i have not Watched landman. Now it's so. Entertaining it's Like Tulsa, kings so. Entertaining there were really good shows out, there and they Never the problem is you get so into it then they disappear for a. Year it's so frustrating and sometimes they never even come. BACK i just Watched The house Of, david a, series and they had two. Seasons they're phenomenal and meaning that The Old Testament Bible David. GOLIATH i, mean it's really so informative if you want to study The Old, testament and you, know it puts an in visual, form kind of Like The, chosen WHICH i get so much out. Of AND i read that they're not doing a third. Season they may not do a third. Season. WHY i, mean they always run into. Problems it's kind of Like Kevin costner and the PROBLEMS i guess that him And Taylor sheridan have. Them, like can you guys put aside your differences and bring Back yellowstone? Please i'd appreciate, it just like the.
Speaker 5: Guy From yellowstone just started a new series On amazon Called. MADISON i think it's Called.
Speaker 1: Madison apparently that's been a big. Hit and let me See. MICHELLE i Love russeller in.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 5: YEAH i Love Michelle, feiffer AND i Love Kurt russell AND i, sow.
Speaker 1: This is Me SO i Like Kurt. RUSSELL i could live Without Michelle. Pfeiffer why don't ask me the reason? Why there's a reason really love.
Speaker 5: HER i MEAN i don't know her, politics THEN i probably, wouldn't but right NOW i like, her and the show's great because they bash all the stupid wokeness of.
Speaker 1: Her russell is a cool guy if you meet. Him you, know the best story THAT i have is about his his his better, Half Boldie. Hawn So patrick is a young. Kid he's terrorizing you, know everything in a department store And patrick's in, there And Boldie hawn spent like an hour playing with Young patrick back in the day and loved every second of. It that, WAS i, mean the nicest lady you'd ever want to. Meet how CAN i not love that? Lady that's very? Sweet, Anyway, yeah it is all right to our busy. Phones we. Go james In atlanta on The Sean Hannity. Show what's, Up? James how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey? Shine Hey? Lena what's going?
Speaker 1: On? Man Hot? Lana what do you? Have what do you? Have what do you?
Speaker 6: Have it is hard? Today The dame's Man bethe.
Speaker 1: So happy, birthday, congratulations you're twenty four years. Old.
Speaker 7: Amazing, yeah, YEAH i go all the way back TO i was A Reagan. Democrat, yes, sir So i've crossed over AND i voted For Donald trump all three.
Speaker 4: Times SO i.
Speaker 6: Preference they have to tell, YOU i would like to See President trump would be more aggressive With iran than he is. Now those people he talk about, negotiation those people is. Crazy you're not going to negotiating with. Them you're not going to negotiate with people like being lying and terrorist minded. People you don't negotiate with them what they. Want.
Speaker 1: START i would have let me ask you a, Question, JAMES i got your. POINT i want to ask this. Question, okay should The president AND i agree that there was you, know radical islamis the Radical ISLAMIST us million people that the president's also thinking about. That you, know they're in their natural state That god made. Them they want to be, free like you're free In Hot, lanta free to go to the, varsity you, know free to hang out and, buckhead you, know free to live on the outskirts Of atlanta and some of the more rural areas Of. Georgia let me ask you a. Question are you saying that the president should just wipe out the whole thing and not even give it a, shot and knowing the impact on the ninety million people will be deep and wide and profound and long. Lasting, no just does you sound like a good? Guy AND i guarantee as a part of, you your heart and soul, says If i'm going to go the extra, MILE i always have this option available to me any SECOND i want. It let me see if the, sanctions the, blockade you, know ends up bankrupting them and that forces them to the, table let me give it a little extra time and see if they can they can come to, reason knowing that that that is their, future otherwise that they'll have no country. LEFT i, mean do you really care if it goes on an extra week or? Two if the president's trying to do it the easy way and thinking of innocent people that will be impacted.
Speaker 6: By, THIS i think it's gonna be the hard. Way in a, WAY i do not believe those leaders is going to give up that. URANIUM i do not believe they're going to give up the idea of a nuclear. Weapon and so because the way they, THINK i wouldn't kill, EVERYBODY i would not destroy the. Country WHAT i would, do like he was, doing bomb take out all of the missiles and all of that and the leadership as much AS i, can and probably bomb The revolution Of guard or whatever they get to bomb.
Speaker 1: Dead they've been. Trying they've been doing a good job of, it, Actually BUT i, mean here's the. Point if The president has to go to, infrastructure which would let's say the twenty five percent he discussed yesterday that is left to take, out the last part of that would be their entire. Economy, yeah, okay that that is the kill.
Speaker 6: Shot, YEAH i wouldn't do. THAT i would send special forces down with a nucleus scientist and people like, that AND i would just laying AND i know you don't like boosts on the, ground BUT i would just get that. Iranium But, carle do you.
Speaker 1: Think where the? Look The president's convinced me, That and he knows more than all of us put, together because he's reading intelligence that we're not. Reading you, know What i'm reading in the tea, leaves AS i said at the beginning of the show, today is that this blockade is killing their. Economy if they're going to have to shut down their oil, wells that means oil production in the future will be greatly. Reduced they're losing four hundred to five hundred million dollars a, day they have half their workforce out of, work two hundred percent, inflation they have zero value, currency and they're on their. Knees and so The president's open just a little added, pressure he might get us to where we need to, be and that would include all the all the goals that you stated we're Not it's all going to end the same. WAY i Just I'm i'm just willing to be a little bit more patient than. Others BUT i hear where you're coming, from AND i, think deep, down you, know if The president may be smarter than all of us put, together and he may have figured out that this blockade bankrupting them is the best path to follow with the least amount of collateral, damage AND i can't fault him for that for the time.
Speaker 6: Being understand That i'm a little bit afraid of the mid times because if we don't finish this thing up at midtimes and in The, Democrats, gudian.
Speaker 1: It'll be it'll be over way before the. Midterms i'm more't worried about the runway time that we might need to get markets back to. Normal that's more important to me than the actual midterm because he's laid out a great foundation for a wonderful. Economy but, Anyway, JAMES i talk to you all, Day god bless. You why don't you stop by the varsity today and have some great food on?
Speaker 6: Me, okay all, right appreciate.
Speaker 1: It what do you? Have what do you? Have all, Right, james appreciate. You eight hundred nine four. One, shawn you want to be a part of the. Program back to our busy. Phones let's say hi To dan In. Connecticut this is an interesting question From. Dan what's Up.
Speaker 8: Dan Thank, sean nice to talk to. YOU i have an answer for our economy right now and the way we're suffering with the gas and oil. Prices and you seem to have that direct here The President, trump WHICH i think is, awesome so perfect opportunity to maybe relate this message on to him or the powers that. Be and you just talked about that runway going up to the leading up to the. Midterms, well here's a solution That I'm i'm surprised nobody has thought about at this, point the fact that we should the president should order a decommoditizing of oil and. Gas bring our own own oil and gas that we produce, here decommoditize, it bring it back to the pricing levels before the war, started and our oil companies be. Happy anything and excess that takes care of our own national, interests in our own people here in THE. Us anything left over they could sell back on the commoditized.
Speaker 1: Market you got to understand something that the president cannot unilaterally do that that would involve removing those resources from private market trading through, nationalization price, controls public, ownership or treating them as non market public. Goods and there are constitutional, limits separation and, powers property rights that would make it.
Speaker 8: Impossible, well we're at, war Right we're at a time of war right, now and The president has that power to do, so whether two executive orders or other. Means but nobody loses that that we take care of our Own we buy our own oil back instead of exporting. It we take care of The United states and needs. First anything actually could be exported as soon as the war is, over we go back to commodity for the oil and.
Speaker 1: Gas, WELL i, mean if you look at what the powers the president, has you, know regulating, leasing through various government. Agencies The Defense Production act allows prioritization of production and centivizes all that sort of thing strategic petroleum, reserves executive, orders et. Cetera, however that would only tweak a mostly private, industry and the president can't seize assets without due. Process it's just not anything THAT i think he could ever. Accomplish and NO us president has ever nationalized domestic oil and gas. BEFORE i just don't see it. Happening BUT i can see why you would like the wisdom of, it and you can see the benefit of. It but that's just not who we. Are it's not how our republic. Works BUT i understand your. ARGUMENT i just don't see the way to get to where you want to. Go, OKAY i hope that answers your. Question and if you maybe call back if you get more, information quick break right. Back more of your phone calls This, friday eight hundred and nine four One shawn our numbers if you want to be a part of the. Program as we, continue