Speaker 1: Okay, Omer, let's start with the quarterback position. In less than twenty four hours, you signed Russell Wilson, trade Kenny Tickets, you a choir, Justin Field.
Speaker 2: What was that world wind like for you? You know, it was really all all the free agency.
Speaker 3: During this time of year, things get a little hectic and crazy, and you know, I like where we ended up. You know, we ended up with Russell and Justin. We signed Patrick Queen. We had a good few days there. I think we made we're better.
Speaker 1: You talked about having a good visit with Russell Wilson when you talk to dissembled media. What does that mean exactly? What is a good visit?
Speaker 3: You know, he came in that weekend. He came in, We spent a whole day with him, got to know him, he got to know.
Speaker 2: Us, talk a lot of ball, and just just felt right.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna speak for him, but I think he'll tell you the same thing that just felt right.
Speaker 2: Felt like it was a good a good match.
Speaker 1: There are always rumors going on in the offseason, as I'm sure you're well aware of what you might or might not be doing. Reports that you talked to Chicago prior to the Fields trade. Did that make it easier if that report is true, to kind of culminate that trade when it happened.
Speaker 3: We always tries to stay abreast of everything that's going on league wide.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously not everything makes sense.
Speaker 3: For us, But you know, when we decided to make the trade for Kenny with the Eagles, the opportunity was still there to trade for Justin and I'm steel fortunate that.
Speaker 1: It worked out last thing on that position. You feel better about your quarterback room right now as you head into this season.
Speaker 3: I do feel really good about it. I feel great abouthere we're at. And you know, I think they having Arthur Smith around is really an awesome also, and I think he'll be great for those guys.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Patrick Queen. What was significant for you that made you decide, Hey, this is a guy we have to pick up.
Speaker 2: Really a good football player.
Speaker 3: There was an opportunity, he was interested enough, We were obviously interested in him.
Speaker 2: We've gotten to know him over the.
Speaker 3: You know, years he's played in Baltimore, he played him twice a year. You know, knew him coming out of college and the strong character and the person he is, and obviously a talented player and he's still young, and uh, it was one of those things where we were interested and he was interested in us, and we were Fortunately, we were able to put a deal together that made sense.
Speaker 1: Made a couple of trades you talked about earlier at the quarterback position. You also made a trade sending Deontay Johnson getting Dante Jackson back. What was he impetus for that trade?
Speaker 3: So, you know, corner was a need position and Dante is somebody that we we've got to know well through the draft process.
Speaker 2: And you know, he was a free agent a few years ago.
Speaker 3: And you know, really followed his game, played him a couple of times, and the opportunity was there.
Speaker 2: They were interested in trading.
Speaker 3: Him, and it just felt like it was a win win for both sides.
Speaker 2: And you know, we're excited to have him. Think he's gonna be a good a good fit for us.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you add somewhere, it creates maybe a whole somewhere else. You know, we're able to add a couple of wide receivers. Is that still a position you're looking to add to.
Speaker 3: Get rob I'd say we're always trying to add to every position. I'd say it's a position that you know, will continue to evaluate.
Speaker 1: You got Deshaun Elliott at the safety position. How do you feel about that signing?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 3: I mean he's a little bit of a throwback, I guess strong safety. You know, ten years ago we probably talking about him a little differently than.
Speaker 2: Where the game is today.
Speaker 3: But he fits our defense perfectly, I think, and you guys have seen the clipse of him tackling the new running back in Baltimore that we're going to be facing a couple of times a year. He was an awesome player. But just think he's a good fit. He's gonna fit well into our defense.
Speaker 2: She added.
Speaker 1: Cameron Johnson in the punting game, that's an upgrade statistically. You bring Miles Killer Brew back. I'm sometimes an overlooked aspect of a team for fans, but obviously important for you enough to make some moves.
Speaker 3: We've all addressed the fact that our punt and game has to be better than what it was.
Speaker 2: And Cam was free, and we.
Speaker 3: Had opportunity that he was interested in us.
Speaker 2: We were interested in him.
Speaker 3: He lives up in Columbus down the road, and uh, we really leaned on our analytics team heavily on the decision to help identify the guys that'll be right for us, and we're just fortunate we got them.
Speaker 1: What do you think are the strengths of this year's draft? As you head into the draft.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really a good draft.
Speaker 3: I mentioned this in Indie and I can tell you just being in the going through the pro days over the last couple of weeks and having some preliminary draft meetings and get more and more excited about this draft. It's it's some good football players, you know. I think the receiver positions deep. You know, you look at the offensive line, you know, the tight end position's got some good players. Defensively, the corner position's got a lot of fun corners that are that are going to.
Speaker 2: Be out there.
Speaker 3: The safeties, this is a great, really good safety draft. But it's it's just a good draft. I'm excited about it in total. Knowing that guys can sign late. You signed Kwan Alexander very late last year, knowing that the draft isn't the end of the line, Knowing there's time between now and the draft. How do you feel about where the team is now? There's a lot of times now in Latrobe. I like where we're at that's not to say we're not gonna keep trying to find ways to improve in all areas. Uh, but I like where the teams that I feel like we've we've got some really good core guys coming back and we've added some pieces to that and uh, but we're.
Speaker 2: Never we're not done.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of time between now and the Latrobe and a lot of time before now in.
Speaker 2: The start of the season.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mark, thanks for the time
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me appreciate it.