Speaker 1: All right, we continue this journey in the Legends of the Arena.
Speaker 2: We're at part four. We're getting close to that main events.
Speaker 3: We're getting ever so close.
Speaker 2: We're itching to this conclusion. But today we are going to take gother chapter in. And as you mentioned in.
Speaker 1: The previous episodes, your friend Betty's husband is doing the ring announcing presently as we hit the play button at one hour forty three minutes at four second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's is sane because good friend of ours and.
Speaker 3: The cup that was in my hand.
Speaker 4: I skipped my promo because I mean I didn't I don't even want to be seen.
Speaker 3: I'm a whale right now.
Speaker 4: But the cup that's in my hand had everybody's seat number in it, and so when I came out, I cut a promo about you know why we were here, My mom, my dad, and my sister, my whole family was up in the balcony.
Speaker 3: We said that before, and we wanted to do something fun.
Speaker 4: So we took all the numbers and I was going to pick somebody to do the guest ring announcing, and by coincidence, Jamie's number and I didn't know them.
Speaker 3: At the time. We were not friends at the time.
Speaker 4: I had just met them this night, but Jamie's number got picked and he gets the ring announcement.
Speaker 3: I think he was shitting his pants because he.
Speaker 2: Picks up that swagger. Yeah, as he was introduction.
Speaker 1: So all right, if you're ready to hit the play button, well probably for this city, we'll probably get through this match and then the final match will be the final installments.
Speaker 2: Only two left true matches left?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? So then I bet you.
Speaker 1: Or is it or is this the last match? And then there's another like everybody loves each other at the end.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, I think there might maybe the Q and A's on here because there's still over an hour left of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, no, no, no, the main event is uh saboo sam Man, so we will that'll be the final installment.
Speaker 2: So there's still one more to go after this. All right, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 2: What what'sprett it on purpose?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See he got his uh, he got his swagger.
Speaker 3: And he took the jacket by the way they yes.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta tell you something funny.
Speaker 1: As I was getting the link for this and just kind of looking around at some other stuff, somebody recorded cell phone foot from the event, and it's old school cell phones, is very grainy and short, but just a cool look from ringside of this show.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh god, them big as a house. Eight months over eight months pregnant.
Speaker 2: At this point, so you couldn't do the Al snow Head things. It might be labor inducing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even breathe. It was so freaking hot in that building. Let me just tell you. I said, oh, do you want to give me the snowplayo? And the better not? You're pregnant. I said, that's true.
Speaker 4: Now, so this is the match where Shane Douglas did not come. We scrambled.
Speaker 1: Kay, it's the head's fault, so great. Now do you like Al snow as a baby face or a heel? Do you like Al as a babyface or a heel? I like both because he's as a heel he can be crazy, but as a baby face he's like nice crazy.
Speaker 3: He's crazy, or as a baby face, I believe.
Speaker 1: But he's lovable. He's a lovable crazy. This head gimmick was genius, Yes, it really was.
Speaker 3: And I did wash Head's hair one time because it was super freaking nappy.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, whoever hell, oh, black out? Who is it?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 2: Look at that poph My gosh.
Speaker 3: Loy that pop. But my friend thought he was gonna get crickets. Come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah again corroborated story, folks. I mean he said it. He said it exactly the.
Speaker 1: Same way Francine told us in the first installment that this is exactly what she said.
Speaker 2: I do not lie, you do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was so nervous. I was like, Jerry, you're so over shut up. See. I gave them a surprise. Nobody knew it, and they loved it.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I had to show Liz what Jerry looked like before he had the regular guy haircut. I had to show her and she's doing all this in the hair and everything is very funny.
Speaker 2: What a great match too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a good one.
Speaker 2: What a booker?
Speaker 4: The better ones on the card because a lot of people were just having fun.
Speaker 1: So, man, whoever is the booker for this show? Sure sure can turn chicken salad? I mean chicken shit in this chicken salad.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I delivered.
Speaker 4: Jerry's so keyte He called me yesterday and I was like, how do you feel, Jerry?
Speaker 3: And He's like this week, something's wrong with my left eye. It's like every time we talk to each other, there's something wrong with one of us. That is great, aarp it's there.
Speaker 2: He is very very entertaining.
Speaker 1: He is kept in contact with me since we left at the airport, and man is he entertaining.
Speaker 3: Always.
Speaker 4: He's been such a good friend consistently throughout the year.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So these two really give us a great match. And the fans they love this one. So Jerry's the big baby face. If you didn't know, what was his name?
Speaker 1: Al Leaf Cassidy, Yes, Leaf Cassidy, the combination of Leaf Garrett. He's the combination of Leaf Garrett and David Cassidy.
Speaker 3: But okay, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And I see is that how he put it together?
Speaker 1: For that's how they put it together because they made him the new Rocker with Marty Jeannetti heart where they turned you know, I hate to say, like the Rockers you know, were a fun, you know, young tag team in nineteen eighty eight, but in nineteen ninety six they turned them into like corny we love the seventies you know music guys.
Speaker 2: But god damn, Marty Jeannetti full of charisma.
Speaker 1: Just had to say it. If I haven't said it yet today, I'm going to say it now.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, these are some good transitions here. They worn't so hard and I was so appreciative.
Speaker 1: And two guys that really hit it big later in their career, like later as they were more experienced, that's when they got their big breaks.
Speaker 3: They both shined in ECW.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, it was for both of them.
Speaker 4: I think that was the best time of their careers that they were pushed to the.
Speaker 3: Moon, both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were both working for big companies before, but getting that shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna say, they might have been on a bigger platform before, but they weren't used properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't think that else knows Avatar where he was wearing a kabookie mask.
Speaker 3: Absolutely without a doubt. No, uh, get behind the head.
Speaker 1: A fun al snow fact helped train Dan Severn for his first UFC Championship match.
Speaker 4: Fun a fun al snow fact. I was bridesmaid in his wedding, one of his many ways.
Speaker 2: That's a very fun fact.
Speaker 1: Now, we said Jerry was in ring of honor at this point, Al I believe was either headed to TNA or in TNA at this point, just fresh off WWE by about a year or two, like finally released out of their system. But a lot of guys from ov W day credit Al as being one of their biggest influencers.
Speaker 3: For sure. Mini is a big al snow guy. Oh okay, because he trained with him in LINEA.
Speaker 2: Right, you mean accomplished artist Blue Mini.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they're all in Alaska now.
Speaker 3: W is bringing making a comeback in Alaska this weekend?
Speaker 1: Yes they are, But no, I said his artistry that he drew you your portrait the other day.
Speaker 4: Oh the picture, Yes, who's spot on, very complimentary in the in the chest region.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Uh dump big circles, just big circles right to.
Speaker 3: Me, big big boobs, which I love.
Speaker 2: Join the club that i'n done.
Speaker 4: I so want to get my boobs done again, I really do. And my husband put his stuff to that right away.
Speaker 3: Come on, let me do it.
Speaker 1: Oh look at look at this sportsmanship that we've got here by one Jerry lazy gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Look at this there's no craftiness behind it. Look at that excellent.
Speaker 2: I love the point. You're a good guy, You're a nice man.
Speaker 4: I think if Shane showed up, he would have held up in the roops and just kicked him in the mouth.
Speaker 3: It's a difference for sure. Look at this, Look at this. Wow, so good, so good, so good.
Speaker 2: See you want you wish guys would watch these matches.
Speaker 4: The younger guys don't care. We've come to learn that they don't care. They don't want to know about the old fogies in the business. They just want to get all their shit in and do forty two high spots and not.
Speaker 3: Tell a story.
Speaker 1: I just watched while I worked this week six hours of Hacksaw. Jem duggan telling stories on two different shoot interviews. One was three and a half, one was two and a half.
Speaker 3: You were that captivated by them.
Speaker 2: I was just listening while I was working.
Speaker 1: But I could listen to the elder statesmen of the business talk all freaking day about everything with.
Speaker 2: Me that nobody listens. Yeah, yes, that's it. And these were like ten years old, and he was saying it. Then.
Speaker 3: It's not a.
Speaker 4: Matter of like I said this before, it's not a matter of kids kissing your ass when you walk into a building. It's a matter of them just wanting to know, you know about their matches and what they did wrong and what they could do to be better, and no one, no one asked questions anymore unless they are.
Speaker 3: A true fan.
Speaker 2: Of you know, the nine right right right.
Speaker 4: So I mean to each their own, but wow, I love to watch old stuff and learn.
Speaker 1: And people aren't into it because it was it was more of a contrived art because you were because the people weren't looking at every move and saying, oh that was a great spot or oh that was good. No, you were watching it as a Wow, these guys are really whatever they're doing, they're kicking each other's ass is yeah, and it looks so smooth that you wouldn't think, wow, that was a great rehearsed thing that they did beforehand. That just that Shaine that we just saw here five minutes ago was amazing.
Speaker 3: It was Shane Douglas. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well Shane literally wasn't there to defend himself. But you know that's because he left his wallet at home or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he did, but did something.
Speaker 2: What one Shane Douglas, with whom I did not.
Speaker 1: Speak with last night, as I had previously thought I was supposed to No.
Speaker 2: Out of the blue. He was in Detroit.
Speaker 3: He's in Detroit.
Speaker 2: He's in Detroit. I think he was working with Rhino last night.
Speaker 3: Did he drive to Detroit?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Ironically, how about this. He's in Detroit. But Kiss was in Pittsburgh last night. And I said, ironically, Kiss was in Pittsburgh last night.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a text message from him last night and he said he was in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, there you go. Well the mystery is solved.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Well, Kiss was in Pittsburgh last night and they had to cancel their show because Paul Stanley allegedly tested positive for COVID before. But there's rumors that that's not the real reason.
Speaker 3: What is the real reason.
Speaker 1: There are rumors that because Kiss did not want to take the stage because the arena was doing the old vaccination check you can't come in unless you're vaccinated against that's the rumor that that's why they didn't take the stage, And then that they used the Paul Stanley positive as a front.
Speaker 2: Okay, an ouch. By the way, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Peebley sucks dick by.
Speaker 2: Just trying to make out with that one. My family is.
Speaker 3: Appalled right now. Just to let you know. They're sitting up there saying, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Your mom's in there chanting with them. Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: Wasn't there, now, my brother, my sister, my nieces.
Speaker 2: Uh, your aunt Milly.
Speaker 3: I don't have an aunt Milly, but if I did, she'd probably be there.
Speaker 1: She was chanting, pee, we sucks dick, oh underneath, Oh, catches them with a kick. Oh, and it's somewhat of an inverted arm bar elbow. Yeah, whatever the heck you would call that.
Speaker 3: They're putting it in. They're putting in the work.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you a question. Okay, I have to I have to yell it loud so you can hear it. Okay, So were you one to always remember the names of moves? Were you concerned about knowing the name of every move that was done in a match, or did you just think in the.
Speaker 4: Day, yes, Okay, now I forget, I forget so many things. But yeah, back in the day, I studied so much, so I knew everything.
Speaker 1: Like I could tell you guys, like signature moves, you know, and stuff like that, but things that were using a match sometimes, like like what he just did to Jerry's arm Like, what would you technically call that an armbreaker?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's kind of an now snow original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like, it's it's hard to say, like I could never be a commentator for that aspect.
Speaker 3: Need to the inside of the elbow.
Speaker 1: There's an insecurity right there that you just missed. Okay, I got that one.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, doing the you can't see me.
Speaker 1: And hey listen, Vince McMahon was a great commentator, just saying what a maneuver because he didn't know the names of him either, and he was the owner of the company.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna take it home soon, I can say honestly, I think these two Baldi's uh axel and balls. I think that those two matches they really worked really really hard.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, absolutely agree, they worked great.
Speaker 3: But I was grateful for everyone who came. So this is oh that's a shoulder breaker.
Speaker 2: Shoulder breaker.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now let me ask you this, Yes, booker of this match. Yes, plans originally being what they were. Who was gonna go over in the original contest?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: Probably Shane probably, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: No, No, chicniery from you. If if that was the case, you aren't going to trip anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna do a shuffle in all. Here she comes, I'll be seven minutes.
Speaker 2: I think she's coming. I'm looking at the binoculars. I can't.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna take her forty two minutes to get to the room because she's.
Speaker 4: So fat, fat cankle. I wish somebody would have zoomed in all my cankles.
Speaker 3: They were. They were like the size of my neck. They were so big, so swollen.
Speaker 2: We got about five minutes left in this country.
Speaker 3: We really, yes, there might be a minute of hugs.
Speaker 2: We gotta work. We gotta work the arm right here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna work it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you into a pin all though, where are we?
Speaker 3: Okay? Here we are we boom.
Speaker 1: Look at that sell the arm protecting that that that left arm that al snow was working on hard.
Speaker 4: That's right, always thinking it's like a bit an injured baby bird with the wing selling it.
Speaker 3: I love it. Get him, Jerry, And.
Speaker 1: The way you would see it in today's match, the guy's arm would be getting run over by a truck and then five minutes later he was using it for a clothes line.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, very consistent with what they're trying to step there, I will say, alf snow and he ever has in his whole life.
Speaker 3: That man is aging backward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks great.
Speaker 3: He looks incredible, incredible.
Speaker 2: Hell of a clothing company too.
Speaker 3: Mmm, come on, Jerry, Fire up, Jerry.
Speaker 4: Both men are considerably blown off, but they're gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Oh caught him?
Speaker 1: Oh, pee wee get sandwiched, pee wee sandwiched in the corner.
Speaker 2: Up here comes the snow pile.
Speaker 3: He hurt his arm.
Speaker 4: Oh, but we have no rough because pee wee's selling the very tender bump that he took in the corner.
Speaker 2: Come on, you can count to one hundred.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it have been great if I slid in.
Speaker 2: And made the three? Can you get?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Started off in the middle of the match to get to the ring.
Speaker 3: I really didn't even want to come out at all, but I had to. Can we get?
Speaker 4: Can we get someone out here? Wouldn't it be great if if shandld this ran out as the uh? I just got here?
Speaker 3: What's going on? I think this is a two.
Speaker 2: H two in three quarters.
Speaker 3: Wow, pee wee dead off of that.
Speaker 2: Dead is dead? It rocked his pee wee body? Are you missed it? The camera guy, the camera.
Speaker 1: Move, that's why kind of soft soft s a w F T and how he spells it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on to talk about on the main show.
Speaker 2: Oh there's some cut.
Speaker 3: Off there you go. Oh and another kick out? Well?
Speaker 2: It in what an epic? These are two hard champions with hearsh right here dying.
Speaker 3: Here they're they're wrestling like a belts on the line.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the Legends of the Arena Championship. Oh that's a rough bump.
Speaker 3: Now he should sell that one.
Speaker 2: But pee we need Oh he went all the way to the floor. He rolled all the way to the floor.
Speaker 3: Yes, pee wee.
Speaker 2: Another one up, kicked in the gut. Here we go, ghetto Jerry boom.
Speaker 3: And here we got it. Who's our wraf is it? Pee weee? We have no rough? Oh my god, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Where's Malino?
Speaker 3: Out of control? Come on, pee wee, get up Saca ship. He wasn't that bad of a ball kid. Let's go what do Oh?
Speaker 2: He kicks out it too again?
Speaker 3: This is nuts. I dare you to wrap it up?
Speaker 4: I was standing there with the pencil in my hand.
Speaker 2: What are you, Gen Anderson? You're waving thel like it's nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 3: I was in the earpiece. Take it home, Take it home.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, this is the charity show. We can't use a chair?
Speaker 3: Hit peewee? We have no rough again. I love that spot. That's a great good at the night. Look at that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know what the heck is going on too. Potential chair shots there the gada.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Why is he asking the crowd.
Speaker 3: Get them peewee? Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, Jerry stands up. If he stands up first, it had to have been him that used the chair.
Speaker 3: I think he just flicked him in the ball sack. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh uh oh we got it.
Speaker 1: Oh he nails him with head one two ray, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Great she would have lost. I don't remember that crafty head is in the way.
Speaker 2: Wow, not gonna lie. I thought Jerry was going over.
Speaker 3: Everybody did? What fun was that?
Speaker 2: That was great?
Speaker 3: That was great?
Speaker 2: What a booker? Huh? Crowds happy?
Speaker 1: The refs trying to get an extra ten dollars in his envelope, even though it was a charity show and that's all right, so we can pause it there.
Speaker 2: This is the main event. We'll pick that up for next week. Thoughts, thoughts and thoughts on the match.
Speaker 4: I loved it. I loved it. It was fun, it was nostalgic. It was two guys who work brilliantly together. The fans popped huge for Jerry, the lights out it was. It was a nice surprise that no one knew about because we didn't toe a soul and it worked.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And it worked for me, so that's lovely. Well, we will get out of here for today. We hope you enjoyed this part. The last part is next week. We promise a five part series. We put this whole show together. I might put it together as one giant mix so you can just flow the show if you ever so inclined to do it again.
Speaker 3: Promise they're digging it.
Speaker 1: People like this stuff absolutely. I totally totally agree. So for the Queen, she's on this side of me today. For the Queen of the Extreme, it's the Chad s there. We'll catch you on the flip side.
Speaker 5: Franc Franc c Franc Queen Extreme Extreme, The Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Flu and the leg is the Woman of the Dream Legend on the Scene France Scene Podcast. What you mean with your dream Lady, to show you what you need if you couldn't the Stand the Queens from the Beginning of Time odds here our Heart Radio, shine only a head and tell you a story from the wind. The Legend odds up here. The Queen Nobody's like Fresh scene IDEs up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here head The Queen Extreme Podcast odds up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast odds up here here The Queen Extreme Podcast Podcast