Speaker 1: Socks on thirty fifth is next doors open on the left. How's it going everybody? This year?
Speaker 2: Is Stup Coughlin and Welcome to the Socks on thirty fifth podcast.
Speaker 1: We are back with.
Speaker 2: Another exciting episode, really exciting episode after the last two series covering Yos, Cargo, White Sox. I'm joined by Jordanzowski Nick Gower. We got Carson cass on the episode this week. Gentlemen, not even that I need to ask after these last two series, but how are we doing?
Speaker 3: I'll start I normally don't, but you know I'm I am the happiest man I'm playing Earth. I've gotten so much lend Casper and my drives to and from work on the Metro. This this team is special, and there is no better way to really adjust it than radio and then watching basically the full game back when I get home.
Speaker 1: It's unreal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we talked about it before we started going live here. We're like, Carson hasn't been on an episode in a while, and the team is so good right now, vibes are Let's hear from Carson a little bit first, because we're all so excited to talk about this team. We've been talking about this in the last few episodes, of course, But really I'm really enjoying getting, like you know, Carson, Michael Gretz and other guys on the podcast to hear we're all having such a good time watching this seam and it's nice to hear different perspectives and you know, share the excitement with others. So yeah, looking forward to this conversation obviously, especially after this weekend. And yeah, Sunday or today's game, I should say, was quite exciting. I love these big ginnings they keep having. We'd love more consistency, honestly, but I'm not going to complain about a six running or eight running whatever they had on Friday as well. So yeah, feeling good.
Speaker 5: I will add, vibes are good, like it's it's summertime. The sacks are good. You know what's the ballpark is fun? Like that is we continue to talk about. It's such an underrated element of it sometimes that you kind of forget about, is like going there and seeing people and running into folks. I know we'll talk about this a little bit later, but the stuff we're doing with SOX charities and just running into so many people and being around so many of those folks.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 6: It's cool, and.
Speaker 5: It's cool on top of the team playing so well, which is what it is for me. It's like, yes, all of these things that are happening, but also the team is good and it's I keep saying, it's like they weren't supposed to be. So that's the element on top of it. So I'll continue the good vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think our discussion with Mike Vassel, he nailed it.
Speaker 1: Vibes are immaculate right now, you know.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, a lot of us spent at Sachs on thirty fifth, spent the spent this Saturday game getting to watch the game together kind of shoot the uh, shoot the breeze. First time a lot of us see each other in person in a while, just by the nature of everyday life. But yeah, no, I mean, I love I love hearing. I love hearing from Michael Swuero and of hearing him talk about, you know, what he thinks about the current current team, because typically when we have.
Speaker 1: Him on here, we're talking about prospects. You know.
Speaker 2: I love seeing uh, the man himself, Joe and seeing him pop down to a baseball game on the south side of Chicago, you know, and just be able to kind of shoot the breeze with him as well. So overall, as Mike Vice h Mike, Mike Vassel said, if I could speak, it's been a long weekend, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Vibes are immaculate.
Speaker 2: Uh Uh, summertime in the Shy is just a little bit different when this baseball team on the South side of Chicago was good.
Speaker 1: So everything so far rolling in the right direction. Saturday.
Speaker 2: Saturday had the potential to be a real bummer, but someday proved that we're not going to let that keep us down. But so obviously with that, with the last week and with the upcoming week. Uh, there is quite a bit cover in this episode before we get started. To be sure, it's describe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, YouTube and awe else to hear your podcast obviously, like I was saying, or to be with Mike Vassel is up there, short and sweet, but you guys will really enjoy it. We also have some other episodes that are going to be going up this week for some interviews, and we did on Saturday. The White Socks were nice enough to be able to give us access to those individuals. Also be sure to check out the website Socks on thirty fifth dot com, as well as following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at socks on thirty fifth. So kind of as I was saying at the top of the show and Carson, I'm gonna let you kick us off right away, White Sox ticket four or five.
Speaker 1: In two of the best teams in all of baseball.
Speaker 2: We didn't get the opportunity to potentially sweep the Atlanta Braves, but getting two wins in that series was a bonus, a bigger bonus, and a lot of us ought we were going to get in the first place, even if we was going to be, you know, one of three, two of three obviously, just not getting swept ourselves, and then the Dodger series after Friday felt like a sleep was very much on the table. Yammbodo obviously kind of sucked the air out of our sales a little bit, But the guy showed up to play at the right time. Lehn Casper did a really good job on the broadcast. Because I was listening to the game on the drive home today and Len was just he couldn't stop driving the point home that the Socks rally started because of a failed Sam Antonachi challenge and Sam like you could just see it written Oliver his face when he lost that challenge. But what are your biggest takeaways from this weekend with what this white sex team looks like here moving forward?
Speaker 3: Somebody who takes a lot of pride in having gone to way too many games in twenty twenty four. There isn't the feeling that you got and we'll go back to the first Braves game that we've gotten to you guys have gotten a chance to speak on that fully. Yet it is the feeling that this team is never out of a game that is so unique and new, and you can see it in the ballpark. There's just such an energy that this team is able to go into any game, go down five to nothing, go down six and nothing, you genuinely will keep the CV on. You have a real feeling that this TV needs to stay on because we might get three on and then and tend he might find that fast qual that he's looking for on the inside portion of the plate and drive one home. And it has just been so different, I think, And I was making a few jokes to my friends here who are Knicks fans that like, I am happier than they are that the White Sox are winning these series, because it's just they get it. They'd understand the entire pain that we've been going through. They've been as bad as we had and such a big market, and I mean, they don't play little Brother, They've got the nets. But it is so excruciating to be the second place team in the city and finally feeling like a first place team, even though it is really close, and I believe we actually are only a game ahead of them in the Cubs. But you just this team hasn't been in first place since I was fourteen. I didn't know how to drive a car at that point.
Speaker 4: Now I'm living by myself.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's such a polarizing difference in my heart to see a squad now that really plays this game on a level that they're always willing to fight, they are always willing to get back into games, and the pitching doesn't half to be perfect.
Speaker 5: I know we have this discussion the first time you were on here, which is the other time, but when you throw out like haven't been in first place since like fourteen years old, I'm like, oh my god, it's like, how young are you again? But anyway, you know, one thing I thought was really interesting, and you know, the three of us, Duke, Nick and I, we were sitting next to each other at the ballpark. I was kind of thrown out there and Nick, you and I were kind of like, hey, after the fifth inning of a perfect game, I don't care which side it's on, Like, I want to see a perfect game at that point, right. I will get plenty of crap for that, but I genuinely believe I'm like, hey, that's history at a certain point, and I'd love to see it no matter who it is. But then you see what I think it was. Chase my draft said after a Saturday's game or mcgalvary's one of them, like, hey, even just scoring one run, getting one hit, like felt like a win, Like we needed that as a team. And then to come out and see what they did on Sunday it kind of changes your viewpoint on that. Maybe as a fan it doesn't really change your viewpoint, but it's more so it adds a layer to the idea of like, hey, like you play one hundred and sixty two games in a year, Like how much does one of these impact you versus what the fan base would what an average family like to see history. But then you see that, and then the way they responded on Sunday, I think was the best part of it.
Speaker 6: That was my biggest takeaway.
Speaker 5: For them to sit there and be like, you know, it really mattered to us that we lost seven to one and got a hit like that felt like a win in its own right, and then to come out and play like that, like you backed up what you said with results, And.
Speaker 6: That was my biggest takeaway from the weekend.
Speaker 5: Just Okay, you knew they could hang, you knew they were gonna be around, but you got your teeth kicked in, but you felt like there was a win in there, and you actually went out and acted like it.
Speaker 6: That's a huge thing to me.
Speaker 1: Well, and if you remember Las, what was what was the thing that I brought up about Chase Chase my drafts at second base?
Speaker 5: It looked like it was killing him to be just getting no hit. Perfect gamed at that point you were absolutely correct on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's a great point. I mean you can kind of see it on their faces, Like my draft of Vargus Anton naci All these guys in the White Sox, for are like the grindy, like gamers, And I'm saying that in a loving way. I love all those guys, but you can see how much they want to win. And I've thought about saying this when he last recorded on I think it was Thursday, where it was with Brett instead of Duke, but I didn't want to say it. Be good Brett's of Packers man. But it's very like twenty twenty five Chicago bearffs coded and that the game's not over until there were zeros on the clock. I mean for football, obviously for baseball, to the night thing was over, you never feel that the team's truly out of it. You kind of get the sense that everyone loves playing four and with each other and rallying around each other, like there's real camaraderie. And I know everyone says that about a team that's good, but I hate to throw the seam under the bus because I didn't like them. But the twenty twenty so, yeah, a great team, but never really got the sense that they were all that close, like with very clicky Uh. There's obviously a lot of manager controversy throughout the year, but this team is just completely different in that regard, and I really think that matters. I Mean, we all, maybe not all of us, sorry Carson, but we all we all know in O five how important that was. So I'm not saying this is five part two, but it's definitely there's some similarities, that's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the feeling is different than if you're comparing it to the twenty twenty one team. And honestly, like I know it doesn't matter to you know, what's happening on the field, but I think our fan base kind of learned from twenty twenty one because so many of us didn't take the time to actually enjoy that run because we were typically arguing, like arguing and nitpicking about small things like throughout that because like think back to that, think back while, like when we were fans in that era. We could win, we could we can go win a series of Minnesota, and we would spend like the next day and a half on Twitter just beating each other over the head over some small, like small deal. It didn't matter that we had won the series. It didn't matter that you know, it looks like the vibes on the team are you know, right, it's I'm mad because this guy was in the lineup.
Speaker 1: I'm mad that this guy got used in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Like it was just a constant going at each other, and I think like as a fan base, we've just kind of learned from that, and we've just kind of learned with how badly we've gotten our heads beat in over the last couple couple of seasons that like, yeah, you know, I I think I think winning baseball's fund no matter how you do it, you know, at the end of the day, as long as the results there, I'm happy because nobody expected this team to win, so I mean obvious, obviously expectations going into twenty twenty one and then coming into this season were vastly different considering where we were as a team. But I think I don't see that negativity as much within the fan base with each other, you know, I see civil conversation about you know, small different things, and I like that. I like being able to, you know, build on ideas instead of just shooting them down. So it's just on a fan level, I think that's something we've done an incredible job of this this entire run, and I think the players respond to that. I think the players all know where we're on the same page as far as we're enjoying the ride, we want to watch this team win. And they're an incredible easy team to root for. And I think they would be even if we were if we had an under five hundred record. So the fact that we're you know, actually winning, we're actually battling for first place in the division, I think it's incredibly easy to root for this team.
Speaker 1: Up and down, up and down the lineup.
Speaker 2: So I would say over this entire five game stretch, and you know, let's not like, let's not think that we're not out of the woods yet because we got the Yankees coming up, and that's just not gonna be. That's not going to just be a super easy series. We walk into that lack of days ago, we'll get punched in the mouth really fast. But this shows this is a team that when there's some there's some you know, gas in the air and stuff on the line, that these guys are ready to go. And you know it's they talked to They talked to some coaches after the game.
Speaker 1: I can't remember exactly who said it, but they were asked.
Speaker 2: About Munataka Murkami's impact to the lineup and how the offense has responded since. And the big thing that he brought up was, like, Munataka Murkami is a huge part of this lineup. All the guys like we like, we all miss him, we all want to return the lineup, Like it's impossible to deny his what he brings to it.
Speaker 1: But he said when he got injured, he could field in the air in the in.
Speaker 2: The clubhouse for about ten minutes and then after that it was next man up.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling.
Speaker 2: And Murkami was one of the biggest advocates of that as well, like listen, I'm not here, but keep moving forward. And I think that speaks volume to what this team is. No matter who's in the lineup on the day day basis, they're expected by their teammates to give it, give it. They're all because say, you know, Coles Montgomery or Miguel Vargas has moved miss time, everyone else in the lineup is gonna expect whoever replace them to give the exact same amount of effort every single.
Speaker 5: Game, right, And I'm the one thing I'll say on one thing you had mentioned about like the fan response and things like that about the back and forth.
Speaker 6: I think that still exists though, right Like I think it has to.
Speaker 5: Like we, I know, we keep saying good vibes only and things like that about the team, but I think it is important for us to be like, okay, for example today, like this this wave that we're kind of riding with, Sir Anthony Demingez like that, that's something Venerable is gonna have to keep in check. For example, what does this team look like? What kind of things do they do when Teal is back or Schultz is back? Like I was kind of intrigued by this whole idea of bringing new come in. I know is most because of lefties, but new come for a couple of innings and only fed for maybe three, Like I was kind of intrigued by that as well. Like Fetti's stuff looked really good in a shorter span, really good as a bit of a phrase there, but it looked better with a little bit short of a span of a start. So maybe that works better. So there's definitely those things that can go back and forth as well. But I do I think it was close Montgomery who said it after this game, like at a certain point you got to step being like, oh, this is the surprise team, this is a surprise team, Like no, we're here, We're staying we're legit and think of us that way. And I think that's pretty cool at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Great quote as a great quote, but uh yeah, overall, I mean, I feel like we're kind of all on the same page as far as feeling really good about going into this upcoming stretch of games and then obviously on the horizon. And this is something that we discussed quite a bit on our previous episode and a lot on our episode with Sean Anderson when we were talking about the Cleveland series. Cleveland just lost Jose Ramirez for like potential six to eight weeks, and I believe I'm I'm blanking on the name of the guy who does the pregame of post Game on ESPN one thousand and I felt bad because somebody kind of took a Connor McKnight shot on in one of the colors that they took, which was I thought, really out of pocket. But he had said that the White Sox are going to play Cleveland roughly ten games in those six eight weeks, So that's that's a huge potential.
Speaker 1: To grab an advantage there.
Speaker 2: You never want to wish like Indrey and your opponent or anything like that, but this feels like an opportunity for the White Sox that if you really want to take a good leap in this division and you want to start making that serious run here as we start to get to July, this is that's going to be the team that you're really gonna have to handle business against. And you're kind of being kind of being handled handed an advantage right from the jump, because in theory, when Takoburcami is going to be in our lineup sooner rather than later as he starts to get healthier, and and we're going to start having some of our other horses come back, like Kyle Teal and No Schultz, who who are going to be going on their Triple A assignments here fairly soon. So much how much does the Guardians lineup concern you without their best player of the last decade?
Speaker 3: Cards In very little, I've been one of the two White Sox fans has enjoyed watching Jose Ramirez and the fact that I just as kind of grown up with a team that hasn't won a.
Speaker 6: Lot so I just was accepting that well too.
Speaker 5: When he hit that home run off of Jose Ruiz right, like, you don't even remember that he.
Speaker 4: Is a very old thirty three.
Speaker 3: That is something I was I saw said very early in the season, is that he is an old thirty three and de Gram specifically as a young young thirty nine, if that makes sense. Where they're just guys that have been around a while and there's guys that you.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen play a lot.
Speaker 3: But it worries me very little unless Manzardo finally randomly figures it out. The lineup is lacking a serious amount of power and extra base hit ability, and it's he's kind of their primary spark in the middle of a lineup. You have to kind of play against him, and it allows opportunities for guys like Rokio who are getting on more because you're pitching around Rokyo because you don't want to have a guy on. You need to get this guy out. And Roko has been able to get taken advantage of pitchers who went out pitching more to him. But is that going to stay around without a huge power threat behind him, a huge hitting threat behind him.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think pitchers are going to be a lot more easy to attack, and the lineup just doesn't concern me because it's so easy to beat without.
Speaker 4: The big damage threat of Vermirez in it.
Speaker 3: It's something that also I think you can pitch against really well, like the reverse bullpen. The White Sox to today is something I've sound like a total work when I say this, but then out of the park, I do it all the time where it's how far can I get into a game without my starter? And when do you need to put your starter in? Because it's in the sixth inning you can get three guys go twice. Newcom is a starter, naturally wanted to be a starter. It doesn't concern me in terms of the White Sox versut the Guardians, and there are a lot of other teams who are smart enough to make that comparison and beat that lineup with the pitching may have.
Speaker 6: I think and nail that they're perfectly.
Speaker 5: It's not so much for me about oh Jose Ramirez is out there, for he just kills the socks and therefore like it's all. It's more so how that impacts the rest of the lineup, Like, yes, you have to be careful about how you pitch to certain guys. Is the last thing you want is Jose Ramirez to come up with the guys on base, and then you get too cute and all of a sudden you find guys on base at Jose Ramirez is up it. It allows you to reframe the focus back towards the hitters in that line of versus planning game planning around somebody. That being said, I don't know how it's going to work out. There's some Cleveland devil magic that will always exist, and I think when we need to.
Speaker 6: Understand the reality of that. The pitching staff has been solid.
Speaker 5: There might be some regression based on the stats behind it, but at the same time, it's still Cleveland like that. There's they're going to be competitive. But I think it's for me I agree completely Carson. It's less about oh, he's out of the lineup there for cool, no more home runs, just like no it everybody else that's left and how you decide to approach that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's well put by both of you. The games against Cleveland might have a lot of kind of three to two final scores like they all have over the years, and when it comes to Ramiro is the only thing I'll add is that that handmaid bone injury. I mean, yeah, the timeline for recovery is no. Four to six, six eight weeks depending on severity. But if you look at the history of guys who have that injury, it completely screws them over from a power standpoint for the full season. So he might come back, you know, in four weeks or something like that, but he's not going to be nearly as much of a home run header he already wasn't kind of this year, that was already kind of trending down, but even more so, I think it'll take him until next year to really get his full power back. So I'm not saying this is, you know, the end of the world for him or anything, but I've always felt like the factory handmade injury in particular is not taking as seriously because people just see the timeline and it's I'm like, okay, great, But it actually has some long term effects too that you know, inadvertently, I guess help the White Sox in this case. So just something to keep in mind. Of course.
Speaker 5: The only thing I want to keep in mind with all of this, too, is we're kind of like, oh, sweeten Jose Ramirez, which I mean, we're not saying that because it's like you're not praying for an injury, but.
Speaker 4: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He's only got like a like but you get what I'm getting at though.
Speaker 5: More so I what I want to keep in mind though, is like he's only at like a one to eleven ops plus this year, Like it hasn't is I think is ops is seven fifty. It hasn't been your typical Jose Ramirez just lighting the world on fire. The reason I bring that up is that means the Guardians are finding ways to win ball games and be competitive without him as well. So it's like, yes, the weird thing, the elephant in the room, I guess is what Carstian and Ibel said was like, how do you approach the lineup differently? And that's maybe what makes it different. But at the same time, they have found ways to be productive with Jose Ramirez not always doing Jose Ramirez things. So again it's I expect, like you said, Nick, like a bunch of low scoring, just grinded out games, and I think the White Sex are well positioned to win those from how they take at bats and things. My concern is now bullpen deployment, and we talked like Newcom, we talked about Tomingas a little bit.
Speaker 6: There's all of that that in those games.
Speaker 5: And this even comes back to what we've talked about when Pennable in those games, one decision by a manager might affect a lot, and we're gonna have to be object about how we as fans analyze it. But venable' is gonna have to be smart about how, hey, everything means a little bit more given where the Guardians are at, even where this team is at, so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: Well, and the big thing with this line with the Cleveland's lineup that we're going to have to pay attention to is making sure we have available, like good, high leverage, available left arms out of the bullpen every single game because they are very left heavy, left hitting heavy lineup. And I do like the point that you guys brought up, and it was something I was going to bring up about Jose Ermir is not really being they're horse in the lineup this year, but too like the two biggest keys with them and facing that lineup is a like the Brian Hudson, Sean Newcomb getting Noah Schultz back in a tily manner would be actually very beneficial just to be able to face them like a good matchup on a given day, because being able to have as many lefty arms on the on the mound as possible during those games is going to benefit us greatly.
Speaker 1: That's why we're also going to need the most out of our right handed arms, so.
Speaker 2: It is always available to us that we can have a good left hand, left handed arm in out of the pen ready to go if needed, so they.
Speaker 5: Have no shortage of those though to be fair like we're they'll roll out lefties if they need to.
Speaker 6: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well no, and that's but I I that is that is a huge key. The other part of it really is just making sure we're throwing strikes because they're not like a huge walk team right now, Like they don't get on base the super high clip most of the time. If they're getting on basis because they're they're actually getting wood to bat.
Speaker 1: And we just need to make.
Speaker 2: Sure we're pepper and the strike zone being able to work accounts correctly as far as pitch election and sequencing, and I think I think we have a chance.
Speaker 1: To really really get some good even with Jose in the lineup.
Speaker 2: I feel really good about where we were against matching up with Cleveland before we even got that news. So yeah, absolutely, I'm kind of I'm on board with kind of how you guys are thinking about this, But before we get too ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I was just thinking to him, like they still got three games in New York coming. I'm like, we're talking about Cleveland and this and don't work. Don't get me wrong, like it's the news of it. I completely agree, before we get too far ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we do.
Speaker 2: We've got we've got the legitimate Bronx bombers coming up, and you get not something you could ignore. And what we're looking at right now is Davis Martin versus Garret Cole, Anthony K versus Carlos Roddan, which is he's actually a beautiful lefty versus lefty and Sean Burke versus blank.
Speaker 1: I don't know your first name, Weathers.
Speaker 6: Which we who has come out of nowhere and been pretty solid.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's probably why I didn't know his name off the top of my head. So how are we feeling about that?
Speaker 2: Because you know, Garrett Cole isn't someone who really instills too much fear of me, but he's still Garrett Cole. Carlos Roddan having just immaculate start against the White Sox would just be the most fitting thing in the world. And he just have he knows how to kind of turn the juice on when he wants to, and Weathers is a non factor to me because I barely know exists. So, uh, Carson, how are we feeling about this series going into New York?
Speaker 1: Weather?
Speaker 3: It's not really a nun's a nons factor. I think is unfortunately kind of the the the thing you were going up against a very good pitching staff, one that I would say is the best right now in baseball as a complete hole, and we're getting very luckily that it's not Switzler, and we are getting a pretty interesting one. I think in Cole. Uh, he's going back. Obviously it only make a few starts since the injury.
Speaker 6: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be one of those things where the White Sox, you're just gonna it's gonna be a day where he's going to go seven scoreless and hitless, or he's going to go and throw the third in against the White Sox and Colson Montgomery will just destroy something into the short porch and suddenly the gates open from there. This White Sox team really bounces off of each other, and it's always going to come down to how good they are that day. But I don't think this is an all a lineup that you can see anything too worrisome. I think that we genuinely have a good enough lineup to it off of any pitcher. It's just going to come down to is this staff prepared In terms of the managerial staff for the Yankees. We're obviously going to avoid Grisham, We're obviously going to avoid Judge, but the pitching side is going to be the way more important from that important matchup no matter what's happening here. And are they ready to tell the hitters, hey, you can't. You need to avoid this slide or you need to avoid this. That's gonna be the entire key. They've done a good job so far this season. They don't see any reason why they can't. But it's gonna be the hardest. I think three game stretch we'll see even well Atlanta, we didn't get the third starter there but Brez would have been better than Weathers.
Speaker 1: I would guess here.
Speaker 5: The thing too at this is okay, they took care of these first six or five games, these first five games against really tough teams. They did it at home. Go into New York and I don't I don't love Yankee Stadium. It's a different story. But still going on the road in a big matchup something like that, that's a different vibe for still a very admittedly young team.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: That's something I'm thinking about, is how much chase do we see more than usual? How much you guys just get like am jittery is the wrong word, but like you can see the emotions of it. Like now you're two first place teams going at each other in New York. This is what you're playing for. The other part of that is too too lefties in Rode Down and Weathers. How does that impact what liners avniable runs out there? You're really not running with your top guys necessarily, and even if you are, you're putting them at a disadvantage. I know Montgomery, Colson Montgomery hit a homer against Are against the lefty today, but that's still a difficult thing to kind of manage. So those are my two big things. Is number one, how do they play the lefty matchups? Now two of them instead of just one in the series. But also on top of that, how do you handle going on the road.
Speaker 6: For these tough games? So we talked about this big stretch.
Speaker 5: Two thirds of them being at home is awesome, but that's not always the case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all fair points. I mean, I don't love any of the pishing matchups, even though Davis Martin one just because the scared Cole on the other end. But I haven't really loved any the pishing matchups the last week or two. Anyway, I might keep winning them, so you know who am I to judge? Brett makes a decent comment. Brett of soot on thirty fifth makes a decent comment here saying the Weather's nine strikeouts or give up four home runs. I mean, yeah, that's kind of what I understand. That's kind of this. He's very hot and cold, but when he's on, he's really tough. So that's a game where you could maybe see like a Pereira and or Gritch a home run. But yeah, basically, just don't get swept as Michael. That was Michael for the last two series as well, and they did a lot more than just not get swept. So hoping for a similar result here.
Speaker 5: Tarsan through a good comment in our chat off to the side where we keep this thing going fourteen and twenty is their record away that is going to need to change.
Speaker 6: If you're serious.
Speaker 5: About doing something this year and making an impact, that's got to get closer to five hundred, right Like you're going to play better ball at home, you've got to be able to do something better than that on the road. So if they can take one of three look good while losing the other two, I'd still consider that a win. If you just go in get swept or you look terrible two out of three games, maybe different conversations start to be had because you're getting Davis Martin to lead it off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, the one thing you have to keep in mind with the Yankees lineup is the exact same thing you've had to keep in mind probably for the last ten years now going on. There's a lot of power here. We're not going to get there, you know. Best horses as far as like an Aaron Judge and uh, I believe Stanton's on I l as well.
Speaker 1: Trent Grisham.
Speaker 2: He's the name that isn't spoken to my household, so he doesn't even affector in anything I have to say about the Yankees. But you know a guy like Cody Bellinger, Uh, that's a guy who can just get really hot during a series, or really hot during the string of games and running into that's a tough one. Jess Chisholm o obviously is a guy who has really natural power. So we're gonna need a lot from our We're asking for a lot from our starting lineup or from our starting rotation, and Davis Martin being the first guy to start in the series is going to really help him as far as like setting the tone. But also I do because I did decide to pull up the twenty twenty six New York Yankees and look to Ryan Weathers a little bit.
Speaker 1: I stand on him being irrelevant, non factor.
Speaker 2: This guy freaking sucks fifteen home runs, twenty one walks, seventy four innings. This guy's garbage. We are are off. Our lineup is actually clip this. You can clip this, you can clip this. I don't care. I'm fully convinced that he is dogwater.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to destroy him. I'm way more worried about Carlos Roodin and Garrick Cole.
Speaker 5: You know what I did say, it was a good Vibes podcast. I do continue to say that, so I like the good vibes.
Speaker 1: Duke.
Speaker 6: We'll see.
Speaker 5: I think it'll be interesting, but I guess to continue the good vibes. We kind of close out here. I do want to make sure we talk through this a little bit. Some of the Sox Charity's Day work that we got to kick off on Saturday. I want to make sure kind of everybody understands what's going to be happening for that. So every year for Sox Cherries and the Socks Serve Week, they've been doing some sort of competition of some sort of these past couple of years. You'll remember the Benetti versus Stone one and then they did Chuck a Nazi as a T shirt a couple of years ago. They're bringing that back in the form of socks podcasts going against each other. So it'll be us from the one to eight and Lockdown Socks as the three competitors. Tuesday, June twenty third is when this happens. It's only that day you can buy them, I believe in the ballpark, but definitely online, and whichever team among us sells the most T shirt gets a five thousand dollars donation to the charity of the page's choice. On top of everything that is sold, these T shirts are twenty five dollars. Everything that is sold goes to support the work the White Sox Charities is doing. So it's a great cause. We're gonna have some fun with it. We're gonna be competitive. I talked with the guys from the one to eight after the game yesterday. They're like, I know, we're saying friendly competition, but we're gonna be fun about this, right, And like, yes, we're absolutely gonna have a ton of fun with this. But I wanted to make sure it was clear everybody what kind of the rules are. If you haven't seen the T shirt, go to our Twitter, Instagram, like it's everywhere at this point. They actually did an awesome job designing all three of them. But I'm biased towards ours obviously, so they did a great job designing and I know we are all very thankful to the White Sox for deciding to do this, because it was really really cool. It was a cool email to get from them, like, hey, we got an idea, you want to hear it, and it all supports a great cause, So please hopefully buy our shirt when the time comes on the twenty third during the Guardians game. But even if you don't, make sure you're buying a shirt, it's going to a good cause, going to support great things. So that and over the next couple of days will have a couple of podcasts coming out that we did on Saturday with Christine O'Reilly who is the executive director of White Sox Charities, as well as Chuck Garfine, our first ever guest on our first ever podcast, is going to be rejoining us. And then you already saw everything from Mike Vassal if you didn't, that's on our YouTube. So we also talked with Mike Vassal for about five minutes. So I think that was everything. The long and short of it, though, buy our shirt please, or at least buy a shirt right like you're you're doing a good thing for White Sex Charities, and we are very very very grateful that they included us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I I'm really excited for everyone to hear the interviews we did. We got a chance to do at the ballpark. Drip garfind is a really good interview as well. We had a really we had a lot of fun with that interview, and it was it was kind of a super cool like coming to uh, you know, kind of a full circle moment for us, considering he was on our first episodes podcast, so that was really cool, even even if he didn't totally remember that he was our first our first guest, but that neither.
Speaker 1: Here nor there.
Speaker 2: Also long though, also as far as charity t shirts go, be sure to take a look at saxon thirty fifth.
Speaker 1: Do we have an article up there that will directly.
Speaker 2: Link you to being able to get kind of like on a like a sign up a sign up list, so you will get directly notified when those shirts go on sale. I've already sent that out to quite a bit of my family, friends, acquaintances, and stuff like that. That is going to be the easiest way for anybody outside of like say the Chicago land market to be able to know what day and when, because obviously not everyone's going to have access to White Sox games. And I sell to customers in like six different states for what I do for work, and I know for a fact they're all gonna buy T shirts. So the Nebraska White Sox fans are going to come in strong.
Speaker 5: Like I said, we're competitive, like I and again, like you want to. I am so big on make sure donating either your time or your money or something to share, and the great organizations in the Chicagoland area. It's something that's part of my job actually has been the past four and a half years part of that, and something I I'm very very very very passionate about.
Speaker 6: So yes, very competitive.
Speaker 5: I love where Duke's going with this, and I think we're all going to do it in our own right. But yes, just wanted to make sure everybody was kind of aware what was happening. And I think on probably our next show, Nick and Duke have decided that they are going to judge me harshly for the little thirty seconds I had on TV on Saturday. So if you're still here, make sure to come back for that if you'd like to hear them make fun of me. I've decided to let it happen for some stupid reason.
Speaker 4: It's not your choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, you're right, You're right. I think I've actually done on that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to watch American site going preparation and just pay attention how he breaks down business cards, and that's how I'm going to break down how you did on TV.
Speaker 5: So I really should just put you on the spot and make you do it now. But better yet, I'll give you time to prepare.
Speaker 2: So oh I already have notes started. Well, Uh, well we'll recon we'll reconvene here soon. But uh, ladies and gentlemen, I I think we've covered about all we can cover. Really fun weekend at the ballpark. Uh, really excited to see where where everything kind of goes from here, and really excited to be part of anything the White Sox wants to get us included and it's always an honor. So that's all we have this week for the Socks on thirty fifth podcast. Be sure to describe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, and anywhere else hear your podcast. Like last said, we got two more episodes that they're going to be coming out here probably gradually this week. There, you guys are going to really enjoy those. Also, be sure to check out the website Socks on thirty fifth dot com as well as buying our T shirt and following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at socks on thirty fifth to stay update with yo Gogo White Sox.
Speaker 1: It's been due.
Speaker 2: Coughlin joined by Jory Lazowski, Nick Gower, and Carson Cass. Carson was a late ad, but I'll always love seeing that jersey bought. We'll be back as we cover another week of White Sox baseball.
Speaker 1: Thank you and go sacks, those sacks, those stalks. M m hm