Speaker 1: The regular season is a wrap.
Speaker 2: The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on the high flight hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every bucket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Do it live in the twenty twenty six NBA Finals sweep Stakes. Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live NBA player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after the game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know the playoff season. I'm all in on LA as always, Okay, See, baby Lebron is gonna light you up more and more and more. Get on the action that. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. Prize Picks a preferred partner of the NBA. Well, we have ourselves a series thanks to a one fourteen, one on nine victory by the Timberwolves. UH victor women Yama got a flagrant two got thrown out early in the ballgame, and I think that was probably the difference, but we'll never know. All I know is that the Minnesota Timberwolves tied this series up as it heads back to uh. Uh San Antonio one four one o nine. Ant Man was sensational uh six guys and double figures for the Timberwolves, and that was the difference in the ball game. Thank you guys for join us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC and my partner in co hosts Liberty Cities own a former pro bowler and an All pro that is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three. Y'all seeing seven time NBA All Star from the Atlanta Hawks. Here you is, That is Iso Joe Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears and your word of mouth, because thanks to you, all of this is possible. All things are possible because of your eyes, ears and your word of mouth. The awards, the adulation, the praise that we've been able to receive constantly being in the top twenty as far as ut podcast around the world, that's all because of you. None of this matters if you don't matter, And thank you for mattering, and thank you for helping us matter. Those looking to purchase a bottle of shave by Lapotier head over to La Portier Kangnac dot com if it's currently unavailable in a state or sitting near you. Here's a premium VSLP Kangyak, the smoothest best tasting vessel p.
Speaker 1: Kgnac on the market.
Speaker 2: It drinks like an XO, but it's smooth and compared against other kanyaks you'll see immediately we have the best tasting smooth. It's vessel p Kangjak on the market. Guys, let's jump right into it. Yeah, it was since huh, I'm hype, I'm hype.
Speaker 1: A man played forty minutes.
Speaker 2: He had thirty six points, six rebounds to assist thirteen of twenty two. But Julius Randall had twelve points. Jay McDaniels had fourteen points, Rudy Gobert had a double double eleven and thirteen. Nas Reed chipped in with fifteen points. He was three or three from the free throw line. Mike Conley perfect from the field, two or two field goals, two or two from the three point line. Terrence Shannon Jr. Had eight points. So basically everybody that played scored at least eight points, with six of those guys in double figures. Gift sand Antonio credit. They held they they played extremely well without their best player on the court, but I think it was just a lot, little bit too much for them to overcome. Dylan Harper was sensational tonight, Castle played well. A Sale darreon Fox. Champion guys played well, but you know you get your best player only plays twelve Miny guys, you're asking them an awful lot. You're not talking about just the regular starter. You talk about a defensive Player of the Year. We're talking about an MVP candidate. And you saw the stat that they put on the screen. You looking, they were eight for eighteen in paint. But then he leaves the game, they're six for eight and I believe that was the different in the ballgame. Joe, we got ourselves a series. Now it goes back to san Antonio. The Spurs did what they wanted to do. They came in and they got at least one game. They wanted to make extend this series, and that's what they were able to do. They would have loved to gotten both of these ball games. Then they're the chance they could have, but they didn't. How was Minnesota able to withstand everything that san Antonio threw at him and still come away with a victory?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, okay, oh, Joe, we gotta be honest. You know, without winby it's a pretty even damn game. Yes, sorry me to be honest. This is for people who really enjoy, you know, the game of hoots. Like when you talk about getting buckets, when you're talking about growing up playing in the park, Bro, and you know, okay Ojo, you got guys who can really score the ball, and you got guys who can defend. I think this was if you love two way players, this was great because you got Castle for sale, Fox, Harper Man. All these guys are great off the dribble. But so it's that man thesa MoU mcdanielson. I just thought, man, it was it was great basketball. Once Winby went out, Hell, I didn't know who was gonna win. I'm gonna be honest with you. Yeah, I thought Fox got it going late and uh Weinby's the biggest difference maker. Man a timber Wolves have made this a series. But bruh, I'm talking about bucket out the bucket, tough defense, making tough baskets like just coming up clutch. Hey, look, let me tell you something. If you're playing with that basketball around Fox pot and he probably gonna get his.
Speaker 2: Hands on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that boy sitting down, Babe Man, Hey, Hey, oh Joe from ball Man the game to night. I ain't gonna lie to you. But without Whimby, I mean I think the Spurs are still They still competed. At one point I thought they were really gonna pull away and win this game too, But Minnesota did what they had to do. Broy, they even up to see reason now they got to go back to San Antonio. But a hell of a ball game to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, uncle Joe, I was kind of nervous. I was kind of nervous for the Wolves. Obviously when women went out early in the second quarter. Obviously he has to learn to can keep to keep his composure, especially in situations like that. But this is exactly what you want to do to their best player. You want to antagonize him, you want to frustrate him, you want to you want to be in Jersey, you want to be in a chest and get him to have moments like this, you know. But almost it seemed like the Spurs were still going to pull us off until the Wolves were able to come away with it towards the end of the game. That goddamn a man was phenomenal. Ant was phenomenal, and obviously he was playing on both ends. They were trying to track him a little bit. But one of the reasons why I think I think the Wolves did win this game free throws. They were ninety one percent from three three from three point line, they were thirty seven percent and they went on the glass it was forty nine percent. Outside of that, I mean, you gotta figure out what you're gonna do with Winby in game four, with game four, game five, Game five, yeah, game five, yeah, game five. You gotta find a way to neutralize him in some kind of way of slow him down. If you can't slow him down, you know, he gonna always get his You got to deal with the other folk. You got to deal with other four people out. Outside of that, that was a goddamn good That was a good ass game.
Speaker 2: It was an outstanding ball game. Both teams competed. That's what you wanted to see. You hate to see Winby get thrown out of the ball game. But I thought in that situation he earned the right to get thrown out. Yes, because it was excessive. It was above the head and shoulder area. I mean, it caught him cold in the jaw. But the thing was so surprising is that when they said it over the pa annow. So you see him grab yeah, some barns and say what does that mean?
Speaker 1: He said, you're out of the game.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, And you know because he had. He had no idea. You know, he heard flagrant too excessive at X, Y and Z. He didn't know, he had no idea. I don't think he realized that he could be thrown out, and he definitely didn't think he was gonna be thrown out because a lot of times, Joe and Ojoe, you know this, in certain situations, the playoff game of the regular season, it's a no brainer. They ain't even taking that long. They gone over there and look, oh, yeah, man, that's that's excessive. He up out of here. But they're like, guys, we gotta throw him out. Did you see the force in which he landed that? And it was malicious And it doesn't matter intent. Intent only matters to winby because guess what, noavried. Y'all was still locked and he had on the floor and his head is hurting, So it doesn't matter if it was he intended to do it or not. I don't think they really had a choice in that matter. But I want to commend to San Antonio Firds for still competing. They competing because this game really didn't get decided until like the last thirty seconds in the ball game, because they almost got an eight second clock, an eight second call because they had some more trapped in the back corner. One thing you don't want to do in a situation like that, Joe. You know, you don't want to get caught in the corner because they know where you can go. You can't throw the ball up because you're mess right to hit the back of the back of the hit the goal or hit the goal. Yeah, and you can't nobody. You can't see anybody, so they had him trapped. Good thing Chris Finch had one more time out. He ran and Williams was able to see him. The referee was able to see him and get that call. But they almost got him in an eight second clock. And it's been very interesting to see what happened after that.
Speaker 1: God, don't you.
Speaker 3: Now I have a question, Uncle Joe. You y'all would probably know better than I do. And when you when you get thrown at a game like this, obviously you still have to you still got to get disciplined. They not where they go as far as suspending weinby for game five, but they just.
Speaker 2: Let this go. I don't think they're no, they're not going to suspend it for game five. You'll get fined. Okay, okay, yeah, anytime you get thrown out of a ball game, it's a fine. Okay, No, they're not gonna they're not gonna say that'll be excessive, and they're not gonna there, and and you know you're not because the one thing you don't want to do is tilt the balance of power.
Speaker 1: Now, we've seen it happen before, Joe.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were still there when a start when uhh, when a mars startle mind them.
Speaker 1: You got the.
Speaker 2: Guys who were winning, you remember that, And Robert Dory bumped him and they came off and they shoved them and and David Stern threw their ass out. He suspended them for the next game. And it really wasn't a series. It wasn't It wasn't even it wasn't even close after that, because you lose Robert ry, but you lose two star players from the San Antonio Fanny Son. But I don't think that's gonna be the case in this situation. And because the game was already over in that situation, in the Phoenix San Antonio game, it was only like a minute to go in the ball game, so you had to have some sort of discipline because you don't want guys coming off the bench. That's why they say if you on the bench, stay your ass there, because normally, if you come off the bench, it's gonna be an automatic suspension.
Speaker 1: But in this.
Speaker 2: Situation, I do not see Wimby getting any further discipline. But I think in that situation it's not a pract where he he he he earned that. He didn't deserve it. He earned it well, bro look out, he threw that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he threw that thing with some conviction. Now, and you know, and and and for him, it's kind of out of character too. We haven't seen him act like this. But it's also a good thing. I'm not gonna let y'all push and shove me around and then y'all just will handle me any old kind of way.
Speaker 1: No, he nah, it ain't no damn good thing. Your control, your damn emotions out there.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joey, hold on, Joey talking about basketball. Now, we see this happening all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, listen, this is what the Timberwolves are designing. Hell, how you gonna stop Wimby. We're gonna get his ass up out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just said that.
Speaker 1: Right, whatever we can to frustrate him, putting nine hands on him. Yes, sir, the body's on him. For a guy who's seventy five, O Jo, I ain't seen nobody on the floor as much as him. He hit the floor almost every other play bro. Yes, you know what I mean. And I just think that t wolves are being physical with him, and he got a bit frustrated, you know what I mean. That's why I did that. When they told him on the bench, he was like what that means? And then he just started dapping everybody else because I felt like he kind of knew the intent that he brought with that, and he yeah, you draw back. He was like, okay, fine, you know that my teammates up. Y'all go out here, y'all try and win this game on be in the back. He didn't give no disruption about that. I felt so he knew he knew he had done something that he probably should.
Speaker 2: Have, you know what I mean. Yes, and I Joe and I think, come game. I think you're gonna I think you Game five, you're gonna see the best winby He's gonna come out with an intends they're gonna look to get in the ball early. They're gonna look to establish him, and he wants to send a message. Okay, y'all won Game four. Y'all got me up out of there. But this is why y'all got me up out of there, because I think to get roody this work. And don't y'all break if y'all break that thing anywhere up near. If it's a Hitteripen, I'm throwing it up out of here. You better be in the luth you better be in Saint Paul, you better be pay don't you bring that to Minneapolis, because you're bringing the Minneapolis. I'm throwing it up.
Speaker 1: Out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would not be surprised if he had a triple double, another triple double with blocks, because he's gonna be on a mission now. He The thing is now you gotta control those emotions. It's okay to play with control chaos because that's what you want. You want control chaos. But as I said, control m I think you know for him, that's gonna be the biggest key for them to get to him Maryland and say look here, we want you to be we want you to be wimby, but you gotta control it. They're gonna be watching you now, so hey, you get the ball. If they tie you up. They're not winning a jump ball situation, but anything like this here, they're gonna be looking for it. Let's control it. We got the team that can beat these guys. But I think you're gonna see I think Winby's gonna come out there and he's gonna be on a mission.
Speaker 1: Hey hey, but hold up, now, hold up. I want you all to tell you he did something.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a guy that he steady getting healthy about a minute.
Speaker 2: And that's a man that man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ain't got he ain't got that full explosion yet. But then I'm talking about Ojo. When you're talking about get to your spots and understanding the moment, you know, him and Castle got a little Georgia boy.
Speaker 2: Oh they're going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boy going there and hey, them boy locking up, them boys making tough shots. But and man and another gift fellas me and I feel like each and every game he's starting to get better. He's starting to gain a little bit of their strength back. But it's hard to stay in front of him. And when he's making that jump shot, it's a rap. Listen if he if he gets one or two of them guys to come along with him, I don't care if it's Randall McDaniel Shannon, I don't care who it is.
Speaker 2: You. Hey, man, they.
Speaker 1: Got a good chance to upset these boys. They Hey, they ain't gay.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you know? I liked about aunt Man today minimum three point attempts.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Joe, he.
Speaker 2: Fall in love with that, and he's eight, ten, twelve, fourteen. That's too many. And I understand he can make that shot, he's added that to his bag, but it takes him out of a rhythm of being aggressive and my Easter rim Michael Jordan says. Well, I don't want to shoot threes, he say, because if it starts to fall, it takes me out of my aggressiveness. I want to be on attack mode. I want to attack your ass. And if I'm sitting there there your threes, it's gonna make me. It's gonna take me out of my game. And then when I really need it, I'm not there. I don't have that rhythm. And so I thought, aunt Man today only attempting five three point attempts?
Speaker 1: How many? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Five three point attempts. I thought that was perfect because it kept him aggressive. Gods, I think it kept trying to get like you said, Joe getting to his spot, put in the ball. Like I said, if you notice, he ain't really doing a whole lot of dunken because like you said, Joe, it ain't all the way back, but it's enough explosive if there that he can rise up and shoot that shot and.
Speaker 1: Then think about it. Hell, when Winby went out, why the hell would I shoot a three? Boy? I'm coming in here, old lay you hear me this boy me now? Because the second line of defense? Who you got, Cordnett? Yeah, he decent back there. But hell, I thought he played well. Joe, Yeah, hear that? He me think about you ask him to play twenty six minutes. He played well, especially on the offensive end. Hey, he rolling, He's sitting quality picks. And you already know. See thing is with Wimby Womy consider pick and pop. You already know Cornet ain't popping. He rolling.
Speaker 2: He picking it rolling, dive into the basket and he gonna get a lobb and they're gonna drop it off to him and he's gonna flush it home. So I give him a lot of credit for him having the player in a very chaotic situation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I agree. I'm just saying, in uh for Minnesota, I noticed, man, how easy it is for those guys to get to the basket and get layers on winby one up under there. You know, So that man took y'all. That's probably why. Hey, that's probably why a man didn't shoot so many damn threes, is what I'm saying. I just I just feel like in another gear man, like a Oho.
Speaker 2: It was like when when Gooseen Big and Big Sam wasn't in there team trying to run up the middle, but we had the big We had seven hundred pounds up there, ain't nobody trying to run up no middle.
Speaker 1: You better try to toss it. You run up the middle if you want to.
Speaker 2: And good luck tried to get outside because we had five two, we had Sharper, and we had got They're gonna chase you down, so good luck with that. But your damn show wasn't running when they had Sam. It's just like when Chicago, Ohoe, You rememberhen Chicago had Key Trailer and Big Ted Washington in the middle. Yeah, they had damn the eight hundred pounds. Yeah, and you damn.
Speaker 1: Show wasn't running the ball against them two?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not so uh but I look it's gonna we needed. We needed this guy because the last day. Look, we already got one. We already got a broom in one series, probably gonna get another room in another series. We last thing we needed, just like brooms across the damn board. I'm glad of Cleveland won because think about the guys. If Cleveland didn't win and here come De Troit come in, guess what now we ain't got no seal.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, it made the even game. I ain't mad that women.
Speaker 2: Got Hey hey, hey what game five is? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What? Day is?
Speaker 2: Game five?
Speaker 1: Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Tuesday? M Hey, Joe? Who who you like?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 2: And I mean this series? Game five?
Speaker 1: Who you like?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: Oh? John, I know it's hard. I like both of them, man, because they got some dogs, both of them. Guess I'm talking about some guys who's really out there competing? Man, Hey, they abating nothing. It's bucket for Bucky. I like him man, and what he's doing. I like castling the crew. Oh but that women, damn yeah, he the difference you put him out there, it looked like it looked like san Antonio playing against the damn league team. Straight up, I'm for real. That's that's the That's how much of a difference he makes. And I've seen it when he went out and you notice that the guys from the t Wolds bro it's like they got ultra aggressive. Look at Najree he sweating sixteen, Kyrie Irving, I'm talking about that point. Hey he got that little Yeah, hey, number will getting two it tonight. Man. See, I ain't gonna lie to you. Hey.
Speaker 2: The thing is when you rob a bank, what you do? You scope it out, You look at the pattern, get the security on.
Speaker 1: What time he get down?
Speaker 2: Why how long did it take him to get how long the police take down as a call? You see women in the game. Ain't nobody trying to steal no buckets? Now, Hey, I'm gona shooting shot out here. It's wide open with five feet out. What you mean you wide open? You think I'm gonna going there because Wimby on one Stephen at once. If he's on one side of the basket with one step, you not getting that shot off.
Speaker 1: It's not if you do.
Speaker 2: Get it off, it's not an easy shot. So with that being said, I think, uh, I think it's gonna be a great game.
Speaker 1: We need a great game. I think it a close.
Speaker 2: But if if I had to bet some money that meant something to me, and it felt like it's my money that means something to me, I was put I put my money on saying it to too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he Winny is such a difference maker man. And he's such a difference maker in that series. And and and Rudy is gonna have to have an outer body experience, not offensively but defensively. He's gonna have to do everything he can.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think he can.
Speaker 2: No not in him.
Speaker 1: The problem you have is women got too much in his bag for anybody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Once he has shoot, offense, launcher pad, hell, ain't nothing you can do. Man, you just got miss Now. You got to continue to be physical with him, knause down.
Speaker 2: Every chance you get, contest everything you can.
Speaker 1: But the thing is Ojo. Even if he don't block the shot, if I drive in there, I know he there. I ain't even looking at the damn basket. I'm trying to my next pass coming there exactly exactly. Yeah, he creates that indecision. And therefore, when he's not in there, as as you get by your man, you know you're going straight to the rack, float, game, layup, whatever. But if he don't even block it, bro his presence alone, it makes it alto your decision making.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get somewhere between three to five blocks, but he's gonna make you. He's gonna make you alter your shot another five to ten times. Hell hell, So, even if he doesn't block it, you're not shooting a normal shot, even if it's a floater, because he's gonna block something up to twelve foot hot. So what are you gonna do? So even even if you're like, oh, screened him off, you gotta screen now.
Speaker 1: It don't matter.
Speaker 2: See Rudy can bother him down there, because Rudy is seven to one. But when Navre and Navridi sixteen, so now he has a seven inch advantage. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to challenge his shot because, like you said, if you go back and look at what was that game game three when he had that master game he put the ball on the floor, they end up having a ten Rudy out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's not.
Speaker 2: Giving you anything offensively, and he's not impeding on the defensive end. So I gotta put somebody in there.
Speaker 1: Even if you can't impede him, you.
Speaker 2: Can give me something on the other end that make him have to exhaust some of that energy, because on the other end he just chilling.
Speaker 1: He's just rolling. He's seven foot four and a half ed. Reed it. Throw it anywhere, I'm gonna go get it. And the problem is he so damn tall that if you're not Rudy Gobert, then when he do catch and turn, hell, he might hit you with an elbow every time, you know, when you think about it, Yeah, he called nives. He caught him good. But think about it, nas is right there when he catched the marble, you know, that's that's a dangerous range. That's a danger's range to be in because he could probably get caught a few times because if you know, if he had the guard him as much as he did tonight. But I thought they'd done a great job of frustrating frustrating him. Uh you know, he went out, he bowed out, you know, no gripe or grown. I think he understood he was wrong, But I thought it made it an even game, Fellas, It's just like playing it Sunday. I'm talking about you get your five, I got my five. Yeah, we going at Yeah, I got some guys who can get money. You got some guys who can get money. Let's see who come up with it at the end and what man win? He and managers took it to a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got a question for you, Joe. Do you believe those guys with the looks they got to night from three and they didn't knock him down? Do you still believe they'll have they'll be that unsuccessful shooting the three once they get back in their building, because I thought they had some great look at threes and they just missed them.
Speaker 1: You're right, I think with them having home court advantage back now, let's say worst case hell, you're gonna get two games in San Antonio in one game in Minnesota. Correct, No, I don't think. I don't think they gonna be as off as they were tonight. Now. I do think with I winby being out there, Ojo, you know them guys, you know they got some guys who can go get money. But creating for other guys getting wide open shots. It really a whole lot of opportunities. Man, if we running pick and roll, and let's say we got a pick and roll coverage and I got a real big like Rudy out there, you probably he probably gonna head and.
Speaker 2: Let me get on the one, because I ain't read about Rudy popping. But if we out there and we switching everything, that mean, look, all these schemes, y'all running.
Speaker 1: This shit a is gonna work. You're gonna You're gonna have to have somebody who can get in their bag and get by somebody and get a bucket. That's why you Fox and Castle and Harper and and and it was. That's why you see these guys thriving these moments. Bro. It was just guard your man, and.
Speaker 2: It's just think you even if you get win, been a pick. If you get win, been a pick. If you beat him, have you really beat him unless he at half court? The only way you beat it. But gonna say that ball over either a half court because if he'll step behind you, you better go up on the other side of the basket. You better not lay it up on the side that you beat him to, right, So if you do, he gonna pin it. It's funny that he might pin if you go to the other side too. Honestly, well, I don't think he thought. He ain't gonna be expecting that, but you better like, oh, oh my bad, I'm going up under here because if you if you pop, you can hear double tap just like in a block, you're that double thud DoD.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, I gotta give him some credit to though, with Ocho saying, you know you you his his his impeccable timing that he has on blocking them shots. There's a lot of guys seven two seven three, if we just be for real who can't block no damn shots like Wimby. You know, I just think he has impeccable timing, you know, when it comes to blocking shots, and that's the skill in itself, let alone his ass being seventy five. Yeah, so he just a huge disadvantage. Bro, you put him up, think about this. You put Winby on Minnesota team, what the hell they gonna look like? Unbeatable?
Speaker 2: They unbeatable man and Wimby hear me, so got to be like having Shot and Kobe because we had never seen a guy that skilled as Shack at that size. Now I imagine putting four inches on shack a guy to be able to shoot the three. I think Shaq made one three like a like end of the end of the quarter end or something like that.
Speaker 1: He made a three.
Speaker 2: But imagine the Shack could shoot a three with his domination down on the block. Well that's what womby. Women is not as dominant, but women can shoot the mid range. Women got three, Women can post you up. So just imagine as he's a year three, can you imagine what women's gonna look like if he's still stay on this trajectory, still progress. Can you imagine what he's gonna look like at year six, at twenty five? Crazy?
Speaker 1: But here's what I'm saying. I'm saying, if you put him on Minnesota, they look unbeatable. Yeah, San Antonio and Minnesota got guard play. This elite in the NBA, meaning guys who can go get a basket and guys who can guard. Bro, you ain't just going in none of them dudes. All these dudes can play. So he ain't just got no any guard, is what I'm saying. He got some. He got some elite guard player, right, So I think that makes a huge difference, and it just you know it fits so well around him that he's able to play making times and he'll at seventy five handling the ball like a PG bro. That's just unguardable.
Speaker 2: When you look at Wemby, Wimby and San Antonio, he got guards that can shoot, but he don't have guys that can that can score, like with like ant Man, you see the difference, like there are other guys, but Shock had Kobe. Kobe could score. So now you got the Okay, you double ant Man. You really want to leave winby one on one with anybody? Mm hmm. Now see they don't have guys on the perimeter. I got a double. I ain't look as good as Castle and for Sale, and the only guy that I got to really double is Fox. But I gotta worry about Fox getting to the rim. Those aren't shot making. Ant Matter is a shot maker. Kobe was a shot maker. They're a difference between guys that can score and guys that can make shots. Kobe could score and make shots. I look at Castle, I look at a Sale, I look at those champions. I look at guys that can score. I don't look at shot makers. You look at so many shots that add they saw a pick at twenty two feet out and man rolls up over the entire thing and nailed a three. There ain't a whole lot of guys in the NBA can do that. Now, you pair that with seven four and a half that can shoot the three, can pull up from mid range, can put it on the floor at the top and get all the way down here and boom.
Speaker 1: No you can't, you can't. You can't let that be. You can't. Hey, and man, different type of confidence, uncle ojo, Yes, you know he he if you know quiet is kept not even quiet has kept here. He'll even tell you I know. He feels like he the baddest more fo out there on the court.
Speaker 2: Yes, you play like it.
Speaker 1: He walked like, hey, hey, you talking about uh? You know he don't feel like nobody in front of him was stopping. Bro, I love it can't this shot making the ability is as slow elee And I'm just thinking like, damn, he ain't even one hundred percent Imagically, this man was one hundred percent right. But you know so a lot of times when you injured, bro, it make you focus a little harder too. You absolutely lock in, You make you lock in a lot more versus you just being, you know, feeling pretty damn good. So I think a man is locked in, Bro.
Speaker 2: When we look at Winby. In the history of the game, we've never seen a guy discomplete. We've never seen a guy seven four and a half can shoot the three, can get the mid range, can get all the way to the basket and flush it, and he's the best defender in basketball. We've never seen a guy this complete. Yeah, we've seen maybe a more skilled offense. Maybe if you look at Yo Kitchen, what he's able to do as far as passing the ball, shooting the three, the mid range, around the basket, Okay, cool, But what what is it Yo gonna give you on the defensive end, Yes, Shaq was more dominant. Yes, we've seen Admiral, we've seen a King Olajuwan, but they were not there putting the ball. I could get a ball to win and say, you know what, why today we're gonna run a large part of the game. We're gonna run it through you. So we want you on the ball, and I don't feel we'll have any problem. I watched the way he handled the ball, Bro, you ain't supposed to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: That ain't right, man, that ship borderline sheet bron You're.
Speaker 2: Not supposed to be six four, two hundred and forty pounds running four to three with a forty three inch vertical. That's not fair at the wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not. And Joe, you know, you know you think about it. You don't play video game. But I'm sure a lot of people in the chat. I mean, obviously we have a lot of basketball fans, and I'm sure most of them played NBA two K.
Speaker 2: Wimby is nothing but a creative player. Himby is a creative player.
Speaker 3: That that you that you that you know you can dominate with on the video game. It just so happened. He's real in real life. He's exactly what you create when you play goddamn two K.
Speaker 1: Man, you ain't lying. It's crazy, it's wild, but he is a talent. And boy, san Antonio, they're good for the next fifteen to twenty years. Bro, it will be.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for Tuesday Night. This thing is gonna be. Don't even play Tuesday night? Yeap Tuesday Night?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Oh so they oh so they play Tuesday, then don't play again until Friday. Oh okay, Okay, they get three days off.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, alright, alright.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it. Let's get to cloud the disrespect.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: The Knicks made eighteen three porters, which tied in the NBA record for I had regular season or half to lead by twenty four.
Speaker 1: They had was to take the heart. Oh man, what they've done.
Speaker 2: You look at the last three games against the Left, and you look at three of the last to these last two games, that's as hard as anybody's ever been. There are one hundred and forty four points to day of the most in playoff franchise street. They opened the first quarter with eleven made three pointers, which tied in the NBA postseason record. They'll wait the winner of the Pistons Cavaliers Detroit Leeds that series two to one, and we'll have at least, at the bare minimum a week offs off before the finals begin, which gives og more and more time to recover. Yeah, oh, Jo, this year cant right here.
Speaker 1: You look at it. Holes McBride got him off to the great start. He was.
Speaker 2: He made seven shots, all of them from the three. Jaylen Bronson was six to ten from the three. Josh Hart was four to six from the three, Cat two or three from the three. The Dyke was was one of one, Landry Shaman four six, Jose Alvarado one of two. When you add it up, they shot twenty five or forty four from the three. That's thirty seven percent. They shot forty nine to ninety one from the overall from the field, that's fifty four percent. If you let a team shoot fifty four percent from the lord fifty from.
Speaker 3: The three, Yeah, you gonna get beat by thirty. I told you what was gonna happen. I told y'all what was gonna happen. Y'all ain't believing me. Y'all think y'all got an elite ball knowledge. Joe, I know you play.
Speaker 2: I know you. I know you played the game.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: I respect, I respect what you had to say.
Speaker 3: But you told me, God damn, when they were playing the Hawks, you told me the Hawks were probably gonna beat the next That's what you told me.
Speaker 2: You told me.
Speaker 3: Jayleen Johnson, he was that boy. You told me City McCullum, he was gonna cook talking about what happened.
Speaker 2: Let me finish.
Speaker 3: Hey n, I'm on you. You told me in bed, you told me capviin two. Goddamn small cat couldn't do nothing and be down there whether it's in the whether it's down in the block or capt'in gonna have to go aut go down there to the goddamn three. He's gonna have to shoot three. They're gonna have to shoot the mini. But it wouldn't be be able to do noh and be down in the box with the cat show y'all all series long.
Speaker 2: Huh. I'm a three level score on what we talking about. I could do it all.
Speaker 3: They heard y'all to talk. They made twenty five threes. Twenty five threes. That's a postseason record. We talk about the next Huh? What we talking about? And the words of my dude, one of my favorite battle rappers, DNA get Philly up out of here, huh, get him beat up out of here, get Ty getting Max herep out of here.
Speaker 2: Tell Paul George you get hup out of here too? Man?
Speaker 3: What's you talking about? And that's no disrespect to the Philly fan because you know, in the football season, I'm all for you and I love you. Come on that what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gilly, you know Gilly sick right now though, Man, man, you know Gilly sick.
Speaker 1: That's his tabot. Joe. He ain't been happy with him. I tell you I've seen him over the weekend. Gilly ain't happy. He ain't't been happy about that. I know he pissed out about this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean what, Joe, you make lemon threes in the first quarter? You makes eighteen and a half. You not losing?
Speaker 1: Oh, they were hitting on. I ain't gonna lie, Oh, Joe, I'll get a nick say credit. I ain't gonna hate them. You know, I get credit when credit is due. Them boys still hot from the damn series against.
Speaker 2: The Yes, yeah, yeah, you hear me.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't forgot. Oh, g got hurt. I ain't gonna even lie to tell y'all, damn player. He's been the hottest player on that damn tam Man. Look he rid in his shoot like he ray Allen. I'm like, hold on, Bro, I'm talking about They wasn't missing, Bro. I'm talking about all ceilings and everything they threw up. Bro was going in and they want they win in the hustle last three games. I'm talking about, man. Listen, they did a number on them.
Speaker 2: Boy, Oh, I told you, I told you what gonna happen. Joe, y'all didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to listen to Oto. I was wrong, brother, I'm all.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, all right, you know what you you You're many a word, Joe.
Speaker 2: You're many a word except paying me my money.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna let that slap because you apologizing for being wrong talk about the seventy six was gonna beat and you need to apologize to talk about asking. I'm gonna stop, big body Brunton. But you see, man, Brussey, Man, sweet.
Speaker 2: I ain't even got no broom. I wish I had a broom.
Speaker 1: A question. The question is where does Philly go from here? Bro? Like real time, real time.
Speaker 2: I can tell you where they go.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, damn man, I'm talking about it. Get they got some decisions to make.
Speaker 2: Straight up, Dude, I don't believe as as currently constructed, I don't see how they get out the second round because you know the likelihood eighty two game season, what is the like Look, the man has played sixty eight games, at least sixty eight games once. Remember, oh yo, he missed his first two years if I'm not mistaken, So let that sink in. He's been in the league ten years. He's played at least sixty eight games once in his entire NBA career. So he's gonna put it. And it's hard because I don't know when I can count on him, Joe, that's tough. He might miss two weeks, Hey, Maxie, Paul George, edk him down the great rhythm then he comes back. They can't play that same way when he's on the court. You just can't. Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: Like I'm looking at it, I ain't gonna lie. I'm thinking, you know, I know he won eight for eight, you know, and they basically couldn't stop him. But the game is so much it's so it's so much at a slower pace feel out there. It's so still out there, fellas, you know what I mean. Like, you guys can't. You cannot these these rhythm guys Edgcomb, Maxi, Paul George. Oh break, he can kind of, you know, dib and dab and do his thing. But for the most part, these rhythm guys just scores. Yeah, they just throwing it down there. Couldn't playing off himb It's like damn bro We down twenty damn points. Why don't we still running it? Why we running a set?
Speaker 2: And we got that we need to hit, Joe, we need to get shot up and we need to be big dam down here on there.
Speaker 1: But they have to walk the ball up. So goddamn much, Okay, Ojoe, you can't. I'm like, man, they got, yeah, they got They got to figure it out, bro, they got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: They gotta make some changing straight up. Hey, uncle Joe A.
Speaker 3: And bad starts his his max contract. It starts next year. Think I think it maybe a starting at fifty seven million. I think something maybe something like that year, A three year, three year, Yeah, so I think it's fifty seven sixty seven.
Speaker 2: And then I forgot what the what the third number?
Speaker 1: It was three year?
Speaker 2: It was three So however you get the three years, one ninety three, Joe, however you want to do it, whatever number you want to use, you can start off at fifty, but you know, you bout the end, you go damn to end up at sixty plus.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So what I was gonna ask is when you talk about trusting the process, which I believe most a lot of people don't trust anymore at this point, is in bed still at seventy extra going into next year.
Speaker 2: Hold Joe, hold on, Wait a damn minute. We just had a discussion, Joe three days ago. This man ripped my head off. You ain't Joe got on me, and now you talking about where we're having a serious discussion about training. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I'm just asking a question because I mean, y'all supposed to have better ball knowledge than I do, but obviously y'all don't because y'all been wrong in the past two series. What y'all got to say? I already know the answers, y'all do.
Speaker 2: Joel considered the seventy sixty season success after just getting swept by the Knicks, and b said, I know we lost, and I know that's not the right mentality to have, but for me, this was a success. I came into the year not knowing where I was going to be, how long I was going to play, if I was even going to play, based on the knee of the last two years, and I came in hoping for the best. I feel like we're in position. We figured out the knee, it hasn't been an issue and be in per appeared in thirty eight regular season games, missed the first three games of the Celtics series, and missed game two of the next series. So Joel and b go from nineteen games to thirty eight games, gets swept in the second round, and somehow this is a success story. I think.
Speaker 3: I think his success story is more more about some of the things he's had to go through this year. Obviously the appendectomy, the knee bothering him, not knowing when, when and when he would be able to play, when he'd be available, which is one of the things that we talked about. Hell, not just us, countless you know networks that talked about the same things. I think that's the angle he meant when he said as far as having success, because getting bounced out the second round ain't nothing about that successful. I think he's just speaking from a personal standpoint and not the game itself.
Speaker 2: Well, he needed to play one on one basketball, because all I know you talking about, yeah, he had a success.
Speaker 1: Okay, you look at yours, except.
Speaker 2: God, he missed forty four regular season games. Yeah, how do Joe, And if I'm a general manager, how do I build a team around that when arguably one of your two best players is out half the time, How do I build a team because I basically I got to play one way when he's in when he's in the lineup, and I got to play a totally different way when he's out of it. If you look at if you look at the way OKAYC played, they play the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at you look at san Antonio. They getting up and down even when he's on the court, even when he's off the court. Different bodies different when Joe l embiid is in the game, and when you down by that many points, why the hell are we running sets?
Speaker 1: We burned it two.
Speaker 2: We burned at sixteen eighteen seconds after damn clock. Y'all do realize we're not up thirty, we're down thirty.
Speaker 3: And matter of fact, I got a question when you when you when you're down thirty two, Joe, why don't they just go small? Just go just go small, because understanding that and B slows the game down. Hell, put somebody else in there.
Speaker 1: What hold on, old Joe? Well, now you're talking about how much money you.
Speaker 2: Make for you ah see Ah okay, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Mean now, I mean when you think about it, oh Joe, yew who's gonna take on that contract? Shot?
Speaker 2: He hold on?
Speaker 3: Hold on, wait a minute, hold on, hold on, hold on, Joe, hold on, hold on before you go.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't know, Joe he just signed. I didn't know he just signed that then, and they.
Speaker 3: Kicked in, I think, yeah, but I think you signed it two years ago, saying this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so he so the next three years they got to pay him one hundred ninete.
Speaker 2: And ninety two tollars. I didn't know that. I saw.
Speaker 1: I thought he was probably on the last year his deal. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, yeah. Hold on, Joe, Joe, did you say, who gonna pay it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What I'm saying is he bhilly. They got to figure it out, big fella.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, you know I stood on that table ten toes when we talked about him, be right, Yeah, you talked about him not being available. I talked about what he looked like when he is available. Understanding Ice showed flashes you know, in this in this series, even though they weren't able to get a win. Joe, when that boy hot, when he cooking, well he cooking, when he got that thing down on the block. Huh, I'm just saying. I know they got I know they got whooped.
Speaker 2: I know he it ain't hurt a lot. But Joe, when.
Speaker 3: He's health then he's on fire. Well, he's unstoppable, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 1: It ain't about the points that he gets. It's how he plays. He walks up and down the court all of damn time.
Speaker 2: Man, they knew that before they signed him. It ain't He ain't ever looked like we He always been that way, Joe. Hold on, I'm missing something. I could have sworn. We had this very conversation, and it was a two on one. They beat me up, Joe like, hey, oh Joe, let's jump in cham chat about. Hold on, chack, I know they're punking me. Hold on, what chack?
Speaker 1: Are they punking me?
Speaker 2: He chang. I know they're not punking me there, Hey, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: Slow down, turbow, slow down. Listen, man, I slew. I did not know that the country kick in for hundred ninety three. I didn't know that, I promise you. I thought the man was on bout a year. He had about a year or two left. Hey, hey, big fella, golla have to get into shape. They wanted to figure that one out.
Speaker 3: What's that figure out? It's guaranteed ain't nothing to figure out.
Speaker 1: It ain't. What I'm saying is he's stuck in Philly. Hell, what do you mean, Oh Joe? Let me that's your question. Don't Joe talk to me?
Speaker 2: Hey, take your time when you ask me. Now, Okay, that's three hundred and sixty five days in the year, Yes, hir so, just imagine you only gonna eat about two hundred and fifty of those about two hundred and fifty of those days. Okay, Okay, how you feeling?
Speaker 1: How you looking?
Speaker 2: Damn? I probably be. And you've been doing and you've been doing this, and you've been doing this probably, say for like ten years. So three sixty five you only eating like one hundred and fifteen days of the year. Hey, honestly, I ain't looking too good.
Speaker 3: Uh probably probably probably live on the uh on the small side.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, Oh Joe. It is so hard to build continuity. Oh Joe, you played the game. What they say? You can't make the club in the tub? How do I build an offense? How do I build a defense? How do I build a team around arguably one of my two best players. When I don't know if and when he's going to play, Yeah, that's it. I've never said Joe ellenb couldn't play. I see what he is. He's an All NBA player, he's an All Star, and before the injury started amounting, he was an unbelievable defensive player. Given all that he's missed four hundred and eighty almost five hundred games in his career, he missed the entire first two years of a career, I just I just don't know. And that's that was My only argument, is that you're gonna get somebody else to hopefully try to take on this contract three years, one hundred and ninety two million. And what you know based on history is that what I do is that I look at history. This SMPEF. You're measuring the market. Okay, we know the market goes up. Sometimes it goes up eighteen, sometimes it drops three to four.
Speaker 1: But it's like this here.
Speaker 2: But it's consistent. What did Joel consistently being her injured and out? Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: Yes, you can.
Speaker 3: When it comes to this business, I don't know basketball like you like y'all do. Somebody did somebody in the chat just said, why it's Ojo talking basketball because I got better better ball knowledge in.
Speaker 1: You cause you got a camera and a microphone.
Speaker 3: And he don't hate that. That that's why, And I know what I'm talking about. That's why I've been writing all series long. But even though Embiid has three three year, one hundred ninety three million, it just take one team. You just take one team that that that feel that it changes scenery might do him justice. Going somewhere else might do him justice. Yes, he's been hurt all this time, he's been in Philly, but long behold, Sometime when you change scenery, all of a sudden, boom, you're healthy. You get around different doctors, you get around different nutritions, you get around different.
Speaker 2: People that have a set a set plan for you. And all of a sudden, while I.
Speaker 3: You healthy, it happens. I've seen it happen. And in all sports, whether it's basketball, all with this football, here with this track, you change coaches all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Now you're running faster.
Speaker 1: Hey, look when I when I'm watching the game here, o Joe, Maxie is come if I'm being one hundred, They don't even really look like they enjoyed playing with Indeed, Bro, you know it's like, you know, man, we downhill bandits. You know what I'm saying. We try to get money. You know, we can't even attack because you down here posting up edge trip down court. That's kind of that's that's just kind of what I see. That's how I feel when I'm watching it. I'm looking at facial expressions. I'm looking at demeanor. I'm looking at gestures. I'm looking at all in bro like it. Don't Bro, it don't look like they really enjoy playing with big fella. If I'm just keeping it real.
Speaker 2: Bro, Damn Joe, that's that's not nice, Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm just keeping it one hundred, Bro.
Speaker 2: I feel you. I feel you. I feel you.
Speaker 1: That's what you said. Something interesting you said. You've seen it before.
Speaker 2: You've seen guys, you know, leave teams and go to another team, You go to another coach. I take sending McLaughlin as an example. I can put it with Joanna Hayes, I can put it with John Smith, I can put it with I can put it with Dennis Mitchell. She'll still be great because her desire to be great and the work ethic. Yes, it doesn't matter who you put somebody with and where you send them to. What is your mindset? Will you be disciplined? Will you be committed? Because if you're not, all you did was change locations. Yes, sir, a polar bear is still the same whether he's in captivity or he's out. So if Joe ellenb still trains the same way, does the same thing, and maybe his body is too broken down, It's just hard to see a scenario where a man gets healthier as he gets older. I'm just it's just hard. I don't see it. I don't And O Joe, you're asking a man three hundred plus ods body. He's had back surgery, he had knee issues, had ankle issues, to run up and down the court seventy times a year, thirty five or forty minutes a night.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Hey, that's another thing you watch how you watch your gallop up and down the court unking? O Joe, it, hey, look it looks like it's hard on him.
Speaker 2: Brother, it looked like it hurt me. My knees start hurting watching him, my back start hurt. I'm like, what damn.
Speaker 1: I fit?
Speaker 2: The difference is I'm fifty eight. All my kids older than Joel and Bee. So I got a right I got artificial hips, got bone on bone in my right knee. I get a knee replacement. I'm trying to postpone it. I look at joeler Bee and I want I said, well, damn, is that what I look like?
Speaker 3: What I walk?
Speaker 1: God, dully, so chat.
Speaker 2: I apologize if I look like Joel and Bed When y'all see me in the airport, y'all see me walking and target or something, I sincerely apologize because it looked like it hurt. Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about just to sprint up and down the court a couple of trips and don't be a consecutive. Oh hes gonna pull out that walk on you. Yeah. Hey, look I think you're a hell of a talent too. I just don't know, man, when I'm looking at you know, I think Philly got elite guard play and the gestures throughout the game. I'm looking at off the playing that and it's like, damn, right, let me throw it down here go set this little, this little weak ass screen like I'm doing something. So he that's what it seemed like to me, bro, Like I'm gonna just keep it because look, you know, once to go in, once you throw, getting it back now it ain't really coming out. You know. He pretty much going at this man. You know him got a little back and forth. You know, I don't know, man, I just I don't know from from my eyes. From my eye, Yeah, it didn't seem like that. Those guys were really they weren't flying around like they was in the first couple of games.
Speaker 2: Just keep it real. It's hard to play with a guy like that and then max it like, Man, I'm an All star. I'm just coming into my own I'm giving you twenty eight heg. I mean see, I just came out with my new shoe. Hey, man, look I'm I'm next up, I'm up. Matter of fact, I'm up. Yeah, it's my time, Joe. Check this out. In their last three games against Atlanta, the Knicks beat the Hawks by combined ninety six points. Ninety six? That would they combined beat them by?
Speaker 1: Now? Hold on what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: They beat they beat the seventy six ersten? What was it? What was the game three? How how bad they beat them in game three? How bad they beat the Knicks to last? The uh? When you combined all the scores, what was the tally? Beer with a chat, you're saying a total they beat They beat Atlanta the last six games by combined nine plus ninety six, so the average, beating them by thirty two points a game.
Speaker 1: Atlanta their last three games that they won.
Speaker 2: Okay, now if we go back and look at what now today was a thirty point victory. Hell, they beat them, if I'm not mistaken, they might have beat the worse than that. In game three or was it game two? They beat them like one twenty one thirty, Game one one thirty. Okay, held up, Okay, they beat the seventy six ers. Okay, they beat them one forty four to one fourteen. Today they beat them by fourteen. In game two, they beat them by by six. In game two, excuse me, they beat them forty four to one fourteen. In game four they beat them by fourteen. They beat them by fourteen. In game two they beat Game three, they beat them by six. In game two they beat them one thirty seven to ninety eight Game one, so eighty nine total points. So they won their last seven games. So you say ninety six and eighty nine, that's what eighty five. You know I'm good with bad. You know, like I said, when you where you ain't gotta carry and pie and all that stuff. If you just give me some.
Speaker 1: Round numbers, I can fit that age. I'm like Big Blue. I just fit the numbers I got.
Speaker 2: That's sick, kid man. They beat they be in seven games, one hundred and eighty five total points. That is crazy. It ain't crazy because I told you what was gonna happen. Y'all ain't listen to me.
Speaker 1: And look the house. At least the house got two game.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You mean you really couldn't get a game?
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, Joe, the Hawk got two games because the NBA had bills to pay.
Speaker 2: The NBA had bills to pay.
Speaker 1: Joe, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling. I'm just being.
Speaker 1: Hey because you are unsteady yelling out our failures and whispering our ex senses. Yeah, we won two games against these dudes.
Speaker 2: Bro Well, y'all at home, Joe, you have you about winning two games? You're at home compared to Philly.
Speaker 1: Philly got swept. Oh, Joe, O you home, see what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: No, Hey, no disrespect, I got love for you. But I'm just saying the way you HiPE the Hawks up and they at home, Philly at home.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is the Hawks won two games? What was this?
Speaker 2: Five? Five?
Speaker 3: And you trying to explain to you. I'm trying to explain to you. Hey, Joe, you played in the NBA. Joe, you supposed to know how the business works. All right, we got sponsors, right, the sponsors. In order to make money, you got to extend this series a little bit.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Hey, we got bills to pay too.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Hey, what I'm talking about? Hey, all right, let's talk about the Nick Because their first two series they put on they put on this series, they really put on. Shooting Clintic the last two games. I mean, I mean, this is this is crazy. This is I mean, you look at what they did against the Hawks. The last two games. They won by twenty nine. No, they won by hold on, no, hell no, they won by what ninety twenty six? So three twenty they won by twenty nine? They won by fifty thirty? What no, or fifty fifty one? Damn, Joe, beat by fifty one and then you got beat thirty nine. B they put on some when they got when when the niggas get hot, boy, listen they ghost Pepper hot tell.
Speaker 1: You give them, give them their credit. You think Bridges looked great in this series? He ain't even score in a game against against the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Hell, absolutely, You're right. You know what I mean, Like I'm talking about og went out. Josh Hart has been playing amazing. Yes, No, not only has he been scoring, which is always a plus, but his energy and effort. He's always gonna be around eight to twelve rebounds a game.
Speaker 1: Yep. This position effort, Yeah, just all effort, bro. And he making shots.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if he making shots, it's over for you cause, like you said, you're all those hustle plays, He's gonna make them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, they you know.
Speaker 2: And and he and Brunson they played together in college with Michale Bridges.
Speaker 1: They played together.
Speaker 2: They know each other, they were roommates, they got a podcast together.
Speaker 1: They cool.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say closeness matters. Yeah, you look at OKC, it matters. I think San any Tonio is gonna have the same type of relationship. You know why, because they came up together. They getting drafted a year apart. And guess what they gonna build this thing together, the same thing Shaye with there and here come Ja Dove, here come Check and here come Mitchell. And they get lou Dor and they get Wallace, and they get Isaiah Joe and they trade for Caruso. Hell, Caruso held the Statesman.
Speaker 1: Hey. And and when you look at it, hey, sometimes man, you can have a little bit too damn much. You know, without Og, I think everything is kind of crystal clear, meaning, you know, you get bridges and heart, They able to get they able to maintain a rhythm because they ain't looking over their back. Damn, ID have messed up Og from the coman, you know what I mean. And I think I'm not saying that they're better without him, don't don't. Don't get me wrong. I just think these guys are such a great rhythm bro that I'm telling you. I didn't even notice Og one on the court. I'm like, damn, and.
Speaker 2: Look at what about cat o Jo three? Three? Yes? Yeah, that's it. He didn't fall in love with the three. He's like, hey, hollo, Hey, who this.
Speaker 1: Guy they got?
Speaker 2: Paul George?
Speaker 1: Is this PG on me?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: That damn ball? And he looked like it looked like he was playing with a little more of a little purpose this series. Yes, I think I think that the little back and forth between him and m B, which you know, they didn't really entertain a lot. Now, it was a lot of pustling and wrestling out there. If you asked me, yeah, I'm here for it. You know, the competition level was at all time high. I think both guys competed, But I think it hurted. It hurted Philly way more than it hurt the NIXT You know, I think you was thinking for me.
Speaker 2: Look I sat down with Cat and spending two hours with him and talking with him before the PARD and talking with how you not luck Cat? Yeah, I get it, Oh my god, I get all that. But man, here, hey man, look here, he really really a good dude, and having a conversation with him and what he's had to deal with with this mom. His mom was his best friend. I'm talking about his absolute best friend. And to watch her leave this earth, watch her take her last breath, it did a number.
Speaker 1: On him, It did.
Speaker 2: But I can't I get frustrated with him because I say, Cat, you two damn good to be taken all the day up. Three, get your big old But but I can't. If you can't dislike it, you can't, And what I need I can't.
Speaker 1: I need Detroit to get out this series. I ain't gonna lie to you what you say, only what you say, Joe, I need Detroit to get out this series. He shout out to my boy Johnny Brian over there in Cleveland. He on the coaching staff, Johnny, I'm sorry, Bro, I need I need Detroit to win this series.
Speaker 2: Oh so you going all in? You got Detroit over the Dick. You're going all in her, Joe, I got Detroit going to the finals. Hold on, Joe, here we go again. Man, Here we go again. Man, Joe, what you doing?
Speaker 1: What you mean, Joe?
Speaker 3: Since we've been on here, right, Yeah, since the playoffs started.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First I told you how it was gonna play out, Joe, the Hawks playing the Knicks. I explained to you. Now I can bring it. I can break it down to you. I can break it down for your PowerPoint presentation if I need to. If the goddamn pissons get out that serious and show you why why the nicka gonna beat him?
Speaker 2: I can do that. But again, I'm trying. I know you play the game.
Speaker 3: I respect your ball knowledge, but so you thinking, you're thinking with your heart.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking with my mind.
Speaker 1: My Hawks, I was thinking with my heart. I ain't gonna lie. I have my heart.
Speaker 2: Joe. You Joe, that's your squad. Now, Joe, I know he ain't talking about no heart in it the way he be root for the Bengals, and you know, damn well, his Bengals ain't got no Joe. Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa to me a favor. Sim it down. It's not football season. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a basketball savant right now.
Speaker 2: I don't care nothing about footballball. Okay, yeah, remember remember that with his team, because he's gonna come back. Hey, Joe, what about your Falcons? My team just like your Facons.
Speaker 1: They did win.
Speaker 3: Hey, and just just remember, like, I'm not jumping on no band wagons. I don't want people to confuse the fact that I'm I'm you know, I'm going for the Knicks.
Speaker 2: I'm a Heath fan. I'm a Miami Heat fan.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, going back and forth, based on the series, we all had teams to pick. In the team that I continuously picked to go further just happened to be the Knicks.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: So I'm cheering for the Knicks, but I'm a Miami Heat fan. Always will be win or lose. But Joe, if even if the Calves come out the series or the Pistons, the Knicks are still going to win.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you, I definitely don't believe that. I don't definitely don't believe the Cave can beat that. They not with those defenders that they got. Yeah, because they catching Hell, they catching Hell getting away and they got way. I think I think, uh uh, I think New York got more defenders when you got Josh Hart, Michale Bridges, you got o G. I think they got more defenders Hell, Hell, Alvarado, that little past.
Speaker 1: But guess what they are. They ain't gonna be doing K though K Show last year. Hell, they couldn't do nothing with him and experience out there. The problem you run into Joe, your boy during ain't getting you nothing. He gonna be a doll, he gonna be an Hey, look their little aiden, they little eight point twelve rebounds. He get that we're gonna need that, We're gonna need eighteen to twelve.
Speaker 2: See see see see here y'all go again. Here, y'all go again.
Speaker 3: You see this is the same thing you did last series with goddamn Jalen Johnson. Now you talk about it. Now you talking about what duram with Dura Man, we don't care nothing about that. Give me, we don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 2: Og gonna be big, big body brunts and gonna do what he do.
Speaker 3: Josh Hart locking it up on the defense end, and he's gonna give you something down on the office in what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Kat Gonna? Oh my god, he gonna he.
Speaker 3: Gonna do what you got to do from the three, from the main level, down in the block, whatever you want to do when the Knicks, when the Knicks go to the finals, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just want y'all, I want the apologies to be just as loud as the disrespect.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I don't want nobody to question my ball knowledge when it comes to basketball.
Speaker 2: After this, we.
Speaker 1: Done gave him, they promise, Bro, what else you.
Speaker 3: Want cause you still doubt him? Talk about you want Detroit to get out the series so.
Speaker 2: They could beat the Nicks. Jo, you don't know ball like I do? All right? All right? So hey, so you're gonna tell you if the Thunder get that, you're taking the Knicks over the Thunder. Oh, Joe, you heard what, Joe? You're heard to my hut, I say, hold on, hold on, I think I think my thing muted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, y'all can hear me you just fast.
Speaker 2: We're saying, if the Knicks and the Thunder meet in the NBA Finals, are you taking the Knicks? God, damn, is my speaker working