Speaker 1: Oh, welcome everyone. It's another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Friday, April twenty fifth. I'm Billy Rutledge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us calling the Clark's Pump and Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. Text us at five oh two two sixty five six six five six, and it's always The KSR pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, Kentucky. Here on Main Street at the City Center. It's a feel good Friday. We're gonna have a fun time talking about a lot of different topics today. But I was laughing to start the show because Shannon showed me a clip I did not see from the NFL Draft last night, and that was Clay Matthews telling everybody that the bear still sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh he stole the show man. I thought, oh, that was great. I almost felt like we should play that audio just because you are so good it. Give me a minute to set it up here, but yeah, okay, we'll come back to it in a minute.
Speaker 1: So yeah, give us a call. Be our whiskey thief call of the day. As we inch closer to the Kentucky Derby. We'll talk a lot about the Kentucky basketball roster and maybe some of the interviews that we had yesterday on KSR. But right before the show started, Shannon the Dude invited me to his Kentucky Derby party. And if you're listening to the ksrpre show, you know all about Shannon and his super secret parties.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I had to remind Shannon that I'm actually working the derby, but he tells me he just wanted to invite me to make sure that I don't cry about it when I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, you know you'll you'll be in louisvill which is not that far away from where I live. You know, probably a good thirty five maybe forty minute drive, depending on what traffic's like. But yeah, you're welcome to come out if you want to, because I always have to hear about it when word gets out that I had any sort of get together that did not include you or any of the KSR guys. I mean, you guys don't live in Louisville. If you did, i'd have you over every weekend. Oh please, that's bs.
Speaker 1: I know it's not I appreciate the sentiment, but you would not be fighting for every single weekend. Well, not all of you, some of you may be, Okay, I could read between the lines there.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding. I would have all you got. But that's I mean, that's the thing. Like all you guys live in Lesington. I live in Louisville, so you know, we don't get to really hang out much.
Speaker 1: I will be at Churchill Downs from like seven am to seven pm, and then maybe if I fight through forty five minutes of traffic. Are you still going to be drinking having a good time at eight o'clock at night? Or is the party going to be over?
Speaker 2: What do you talk? What kind of derby party ends at seven or eight o'clock? Yeah? Man, of course the party would just be getting started at that point.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I mean, please, you have a couple of mimosas you watch you big race, so then you pass out of that? How you supply that's you? Do you think that with your shoes on? I learned that the hard way in college. No.
Speaker 2: No, you're more than welcome to come out if you want to. I haven't even haven't even set out the Facebook invites yet, Billy, Wow, it can't be official till you get the Facebook invite on the Facebook events.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel special this morning, So thank you for making me feel seen. Still talk about it probably every day next.
Speaker 2: Try just don't share it with anybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just us talking anyway. Yeah, So it was a great night. Maxwell Harriston gets drafted to the Buffalo Bills. It could not be a more perfect landing spot for our guy. It's gonna be a place where he can make an impact immediately for a good team, a team that's going to be competing for AFC championships and Super Bowls. He teams up with Ray Davis, which I absolutely love. But Shannon, how about our guy giving a hug to almost every recruit that was drafted last night. Maxwell was was situated kind of near I guess where every person that was drafted had to go, and so he was kind of the last guy, last man in the line, and he was giving everybody hugs and it was such a feel good moment from the draft last night.
Speaker 2: He was so I don't know if I've ever seen anybody happier at in an NFL draft than Harriston last night. I was really happy for him. Yeah, and he was. He was ecstatic as he should have been. And you know, that's a good spot, like you said, for Buffalo to be the team he'll be playing for now. It's you know, a lot of guys get drafted, they go to a terrible team. Kind of best situation, right, I mean, I know it's late in the first round, but late in the first round, that's where all the good teams are, right. So if you're not gonna go you know, up a little further, maybe around like twenty, might as well go thirty and you know, work your way into uh, you know, a better contract after a year or two, and you're in a good.
Speaker 1: Situation with Buffalo. I like the jacket that he had on. He looked good, looked like he was in a good mood. And now the three star prospect from Detroit becomes the highest selected Kentucky football defensive back. I guess highest selected Kentucky football defensive back in NFL draft program history with the thirtieth pick. The previous best was Melvin Johnson in nineteen ninety five. He was picked forty thirds. So a big congratulations to Maxwell Harriston. We now have rounds two and three today, and when you've got quite a few different prospects still on the board from Kentucky, whether it be Eli Cox, Deon Walker, jam and Dumas Johnson, even JJ Weaver. Maybe a lot of those guys will be drafted on Saturday. But Shannon, we've heard a lot about Eli Cox and Dion Walker. Hopefully they can also find a good landing.
Speaker 2: Spot just like Matt. Yeah, I know Dion's stock has sort of tanked here recently. You know, I was hoping for better news on him. But you know, these guys still, if they go into the second round, there's always a chance you can fight your way onto a roster, end up somewhere, and then you know, depending on how you play, you never know where the world will take you in the NFL. I mean, how you look at Tom Brady, where was he drafted sixth round with the one hundred and ninety ninth pick. There you go. So just because you're not in the first round doesn't mean you can't have a successful career and turn out to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right. Even mister irrelevant can find his place in the NFL. Like Brock perty did, and even Marty Moore if you want to go back to the old Kentucky days. All right, let's talk about everything else about the NFL Draft. I love how the it's become an event. I went to it in Nashville and braved the crowds. But green Bay, the smallest market in the NFL, showed out last night for the NFL Draft. I don't know how much money the Sanders family paid mel Kiper junior, but if you watched any of the ESPN coverage last night, Shannon, it was embarrassing. It's a shame to all the other prospects that was drafted. How much they talked about Schadur and and we understand as much as anybody it's about entertainment, right, and people care about Shader Sanders. But Shannon cam Ward was the first overall pick, and they I think they talked about him for about two minutes. The rest was about the custom draft room that Shadur had with his family about you know, why he's not being picked, all the intangibles that he has. I thought he was an absolute embarrassing performance from Melkuiper and ESPN.
Speaker 2: Lesson, He's still sitting there, still waiting and still waiting. You know, you look at all these projected, these mock drafts, right, and people put so much stock into those. All these mock drafts had Sanders going at least, you know, first round, right. I don't think any the ones that I saw, I didn't see anybody have them in the second round. And yet here he is. So I just wonder, you know how many teams out there just don't want to put up with all the pageantry that comes along with everything else. Yeah, right, you know, do you want to deal with that drama? Do you want to have to hear from Dion? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Kids not playing and we're gonna get a call from Dion like hey, you're not doing what you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To be doing.
Speaker 1: Like, shut up, Dion, this isn't about you. I mean, I understand the baggage that comes with Chadur and the celebrations. Right, he's flexing his watch. There's no more polarizing figure than Shader Sanders, but there should be some unbiased coverage and ESPN did not have that last night.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I did love when Kelvin Banks Junior was drafted by the New Orleans Saints right before it cut away from Kelvin Banks and his family, we saw a baby puke in the corner of the screen.
Speaker 2: Which I love. These are always like, there's always like one or two little quirky moments of the NFL draft that you're always going to remember, you know, And this is the I think this might be the one for this year.
Speaker 1: The girld friends and the mom interactions have always been good throughout the years.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It was Isaiah Wilson who had his girlfriend on his lap and his mom basically threw the girlfriend off of his lap because she was getting too much TV time many years ago. But the baby puked on camera. You know, it blew up the internet and everybody was saying, or at least parents were saying, that was not puke, it was spit up. Shannon, do you know the difference between puke and spit up?
Speaker 2: No? I thought that was kind of the same thing. I. I don't know, we're gonna really dissect the difference between puke and I spit up would be like, you know, it's just kind of stuck in your throat. I guess puke would technically be it's coming from the bottom of your stomach. I don't know. I get that. That's my analysis. I just wanted to hear you break it down.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know if you knew the difference as a couple of people that don't have kids. I'm gonna guess the differences. Vomit is more of coming from your stomach and food, while maybe the baby is maybe more milk.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now watching the video, just trickling down his chin.
Speaker 1: Look bad timing. Bad timing is right before they cut away. But this is what the internet was for.
Speaker 2: Well, Moss was clapping and she was shaking that baby, and as the baby's getting shaken in the middle of the handclaps, that just throws up all over itself.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you pat him on the back a couple of times. Look at the parents out there are rolling their eyes.
Speaker 2: It's such a.
Speaker 1: Normal thing, but for us to see it on National TV last night, it was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Look, if Tracy Morgan can throw up all over hisself on live TV, then the baby can too. Right, did we ever talk about Tracy because he threw up a lot That was at the next game.
Speaker 1: Right at the next game, he went to the hospital. Glad he was okay afterwards, but my man had made no effort to like cup his shirt or like maybe go into his drink.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was per check. I thought maybe I had accidentally switched the channel to The Exorcist. I didn't know. I was watching the next game looking at Tracy Morgan over there. It's crazy, No, it was. It was bizarre.
Speaker 1: That would feel like that was a couple of months ago at this point. One of the biggest stories of the draft comes from our guy, Liam Cohen. The Jacksonville Jaguars trade with the Cleveland Browns to move from the fifth pick to the second to take Travis Hunter, the two way player that plays both corner and receiver. Don't know what he's gonna do in the NFL, but now Liam Cohen has a new weapon. They'll give up a first round pick in the next year. People think Jacksonville overpaid, but I think they wanted to make a splash, and now somebody that we're very familiar with will get to coach one of the more interesting prospects we've seen in college football in Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: That was a great move to trade up and get him. Man, Travis Hunter is a hell of a Oh you think so, I think it was Yeah, Oh I thought it was a terrible I didn't think so really, yeah, it was the downside of Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Well, like, I think he's good. I think he's good as a corner and he's good as a receiver, but he's not great. And you're gonna have to choose one side of the ball, right, They're not gonna He's not gonna play both sides of the ball in the NFL, right, I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: It's good to know that he can well. If so, more power to him.
Speaker 1: But like, I don't think he's gonna be great rate at either corner or receiver.
Speaker 2: In college, he was cool because he did both. But Tom will tell Tom will tell on that.
Speaker 1: The League of Specialization and sure, you know, Liam Cohen, I'm sure we'll have some tricks up his sleeve for him and maybe he can develop into a great player. But it felt pretty desperate from Jacksonville to give up their pick next year only to move up three spots.
Speaker 2: But look, you see your guy, you want your guy, Go get your guys. So that original spot that they had, what was it number? What fifth number?
Speaker 1: They were in fifth and then they went up to second, went up to say to give up a whole their whole pick next year, their second pick this year, the fifth pick. The Browns took a defensive lineman from Michigan. It just all depends on what you need on your team, that's right, you know. I think that he's he's a good addition for what they need on that team. It's it's Lion season two and uh, you know they'll tell you they want one guy, and they actually wanted somebody else the entire time. But now it's time to play the Clay Matthews clip. I did not see this until this morning, maybe minutes before the show, and Shannon told me to look at Twitter account. I watched pretty much the whole draft with the sound off because I was at a bar, ye Shannon, So I did.
Speaker 2: Not get to see this.
Speaker 1: Let's play Clay Matthews, who was getting ready to introduce one of the next picks with Roger.
Speaker 4: But I just got off the phone with the President, Donald Trump. He asked me to pass a message along thirty two NFL franchises.
Speaker 2: I saw that, so I go, oh, this could be really bad.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what it reads here, all right, it says, my fellow Americans, the.
Speaker 1: Bear still side.
Speaker 2: As a Packers fan, I gotta tell you I loved it. I loved every second of it. But what w He said he got a message from the President. I'm gona Oh boy, I was so worried, said that you're gonna divide the fan base. Here we go.
Speaker 1: I don't care about Clay Matthews, but you're bringing up President Trump at the draft. It's gonna be nothing but divisive.
Speaker 2: And we'll set that aside if you can take off your political goggles for a half a second as a Packers fan. That was pretty awesome. Oh that was so good. That was a great troll job by Clay Matthews.
Speaker 1: And we've seen some people do well in the past. I think Pat McAfee's done it before. I think there was another kicker, maybe Jay Feely, that did it where they go on these rants before they give a pick.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it was in the script. I think he went completely a wrong. He's like, you know what, live Mike, what are they gonna do about it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: It's live, Okay, you're the producer in the truck and Clay Matthews has just brought up President Trump, Like, where's he going with this. You gotta think the beads of sweat going down their forehead at that point. It's going to be unbelievable. But that kind of wraps up our wrap up of the first round of the NFL Draft. Congratulations to Max Harriston. He becomes what the one, two, three fourth player selected in the first round in the UK Coach stoops? Eric, can you tell me the other three?
Speaker 2: Shannon? This is a tough trivia.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Any other coach stoops players drafted in the first round besides Maxwell Harriston, And I'll give you one. Bud Dupree was the twenty second pick of fifteen, so there was one in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one, both on the defensive side.
Speaker 2: One is a pass rusher. I don't know, ye, there's just time.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and tell me it's Josh Allen, ok, Josh Jamon Davis or the two?
Speaker 2: Well I should have gotten Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen still in the league, Yeah, doing great things. Jamie Davis, I don't know where he's at now. I think he's flamed out a little bit after he was drafted by Washington. But big congratulations to Max Harrison. We're going to take our first break. When we come back, we'll talk a little bit about the interviews that Brandon Garrison and Cash Daniel had on KSR yesterday. Shannon, I have a list of the ESPN Top one hundred NBA Draft prospects in twenty twenty five, and I want you to guess where you think otega Oway lands on that list. And uh, much more nonsense on the way. I may just play the clip of the twins talking again, just because of the hell of it.
Speaker 2: I may watch that two or three more times. Yester got a gone he written than the Bush. Still cannot get over that clip that we played. Yes, I'm so fascinated by it, the two twins that talk in Unison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got people texting me all day yesterday about identical twins and the weird things.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Yeah, I did too, you know. That was the one takeaway from the show yesterday. Wasn't any of the Kentucky talk or anything else to do with Kentucky sports. It was all about the telepathic twins. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's a story quickly before we go to break. My husband went into the hospital with kidney stones and severe pain his brother called him because he said he started having a bit of a stomach ache, and my husband popped into his mind and he called to make sure he was okay.
Speaker 2: No way can they feel the pain thousands of miles away.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that. One my tummy hurts. My brother must be in trouble. Oh, he's passing a kidney stone right now. That is crazy. But we'd love to hear your stories. We'll take a break and be right back here on the case. I appreciate it, all right, welcome back. It's a Friday edition in studio of the KSR pre show. Billy and the Dude is what people are saying, we should change their name.
Speaker 2: Nobody said that, but you. I think a lot of people have actually that. Nobody is saying. I like how Billy is. No, Billy will not be if we if we're not the pre show, Billy will not be featured first in the naming. It's not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I mean it's alphabetical. I mean no, I'm not like, no, not biased at all here. I'm just doing it in the natural order of things. Billy and the Dude, Dude and Billy really doesn't that.
Speaker 2: Won't be that won't be the name of the show, but you can continue to call it whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I will Billy and the Dude here.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 2: How good was Brandon Garrison and Cash Daniel yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, A lot of times interviews with athletes and really current players can be tough.
Speaker 2: They don't have a lot of share.
Speaker 1: But I felt like we got some great stuff out of both of those guys yesterday. And I believe Brandon Garrison had more on his wrists than I have in like three pay checks, shan And like, my guy was I out yesterday when he came into the studio. Some chains, he got some bracelets. I mean that nil money is coming in.
Speaker 2: But ail drip that's what he had. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I didn't get to see him because again I'm over in Louisville. You guys are in Lexington. But yeah, he was great. I thought he did a really good job. Also, I thought Cash Daniel did a really good job coming in at the end talking about his his days at Kentucky playing football and also with EW coming up actually tonight in Pikeville at the Appalajian Wireless Center. So get out there. And check that out for those of you in Pikeville and for those of you going to Hillbilly days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to see how cash his wrestling career develops. But some really powerful stuff from him.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: He was getting ready to get into the story about his you know, his I guess his medical records being red flagged by the NFL and how that would prevent him from.
Speaker 2: You know, achieving his dreams.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I was out there working a bird and I almost got that bird. Yeah, And then I got a phone call and it was like there was the pat coming out of Cash there a little bit. But he also talked about that trampoline floor Shannon and I'll stop it, how to attack the mad I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, there are some techniques you guys use. So you heard Cash talking about how much it hurts. You know. Cash is a big dude, all right, He's not some little scrunny guy like you. Yeah. And when Daniel talks about it, when yeah, I said, yeah, tell Billy, because Billy don't he won't believe me, So maybe you'll believe Cash. So you don't believe me when I tell you that falling on a wrestling Matt actually hurts. Do you believe Cash Daniel when he says that, I do? Oh, you believe Cash? Okay, I've got a lot of con Shannon's lying when he says it. But and he.
Speaker 1: Was like, what, it's just wood underneath that, and.
Speaker 2: You can look it up. It's not like it's a secret. I mean everything's out there on the internet. You can look up how a wrestling ring is built. The frame, No thanks, I'll just wait for Cash. The frame is all steel. You got these long wooden planks that go from one end to the other. That's basically the base of the ring. And then you got I don't know, just a little bit of patting that goes over top of that, and then you put the canvas over it and boom. That's it. That's that's what you're falling on. It's no trampoline. There's no springs whatsoever in a wrestling ring.
Speaker 1: Learning to take a bump so much so that Cash is doing it at his house when he's slipping on rugs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure there is an art too, you know.
Speaker 2: Fake falling, Yeah, fake falling. You're insufferable. You He heard him talking about having having to get into an ice bath after every practice just becauses he's hurting so much. And you know, did he have to do that when he played football? Probably not?
Speaker 1: Oh come on, please, yeah he was come on a linebacker in the sec he was he was going in the ice.
Speaker 2: Bath after practice. Probably not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me and Cash were yucking it up, talking about tearing microfibers.
Speaker 2: And eating protein to build them back up.
Speaker 1: You know it was it was just, you know, just a normal common between boys and uh, you know, Cash and I are going to hit the workout room too early right after me and you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah you need Yeah, you come work out with me for then that'll get you ready for Cash. Like my workouts are intense, I'd like Cash is on another level. You're right, You're right, but yeah, I'm still waiting for you having that invite again. You know, I invite you to do all these things. I invite you to come to my house parties. I invite you to get into the wrestling ring. I invite you to come work out with me. Yeah, and radio silence cricket.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's not radio silence. It's a little patience. Please, I'm please, every party I'm coming to waiting years for you to come hang out with I'll lift your five pound dumbos with you.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, though, you know you'll you'll come drink a dollar beer with me, but you won't come work out or get in the wrestling ring. It's it's strange how that works.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately we're separated by eighty miles now, Shannon, it is unfortunate. Oh, we bother, you know, we'd be boys hanging out all the time. I'd explain, you know, tell me a little bit about Draft Kings before we go any further, Shannon, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Would love to. I'm glad you asked DraftKings sports book promo code KSR. You bet five dollars, you get two inner dollars in bonus bets. It doesn't matter if that first bet hits. If you're like me and you have my betting record, your bet probably is going to lose that first time. But you know what the good news is, you get two inner dollars in bonus bets, and you can do it all with same game parlays, player of props, and so much more. Also, there's a DK horse app as well, which we'll tell you about more more next week. We'll get into that next week. Don't go too far ahead of me here, but right now you can bet on, of course, the playoffs and so much more. My Boston Celtics are about to go up three to zero tonight over the Magic. Looking forward to that. You can bet on that game and all the others with promo code KSR for new time first timers only on DraftKings the Crown is yours gambling problem called onding on hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Traditional terms and responsible gaming resources to the DKNG, dot co slash audio. So what's the rationale?
Speaker 1: I could put my mortgage on the Cats winning or losing, but I can't bet on the NFL Draft here in Kentucky, Shannon, Kentucky one of six states that does not allow you to bet on the draft.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I don't know. You know, there's certain states where you can do player props right, and others that you can't. You know, I think Tennessee, like theirs, is a little bit different. So like you do when I'm traveling to Florida, I want to put in my bets. There's certain things you can do in Kentucky that you can't in Tennessee. It just depends on the law of the state.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys couldn't bet in one of the states you traveled to, right with Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like you.
Speaker 1: Know, you guys were passing state lines and Drew's putting in bets on his DKNE Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Gamble responsibly and make sure you know the rules in each state before you give out winners like I did the other day. But you know what, just cross that bridge and you can make a little money yourself. We'll talk more about the dk horse app next week because we're getting excited for the ponies that's coming up. Folks A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven give us a call. We'll take some phone calls, and I've got an embarrassing story I'd like to share. I'm sure Shannon will love that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, can't wait for that. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we're that much closer to the weekend. A Friday edition of the KSR pre show Billy and the Dude two eight seven. We have some calls that we'll take in this segment, but before we do, Shannon, I will let you pick, would you like a sports topic or would you like an embarrassing story?
Speaker 2: An embarrassing story? Why is that even a choice? I mean, you know which one I'm going to pick. It is Billy and the Dude here.
Speaker 1: So BILLI REI let me tell you about something that's going on to currently planning a wedding right now, and we are looking at a date in twenty twenty six, so we have plenty of time, right so think in August of twenty six, and we're going through the process of hiring some people, some vendors, some photographers, and we had a conference call with a videographer yesterday and we go through the process and go through how much it's going to be. You know, there's a couple of different options, and so we get all the options in front of us, Shannon, and I say, you know, I'm with the fiance, and I say, you know what, We're going to take some time to look at these prices. We're going to decide and then we will get back to you in a timely matter. You know, that's that's pretty fair, right sure, and reasonable for the first conversation decision too. Well, after I say that, the videographer pulled one of the savviest sales tricks I've ever been a part of, Shannon, and he said, well, I've got to tell you just this morning, a bride called me and asked for your date, specifically your date, and so you know, if you don't come back with an answer soon, I am going to have to move on to the next person. And as soon as he said that, locked eyes with the fiance and a sense of urgency was created. M h right, yeah, And so now we start to have the conversation while we're still on the phone about the prices to make a decision instead of getting off the phone and ultimately have waiting a couple days before making the final decision. I felt like I was scammed a little bit, but we ended up making the decision while we were still on the phone, And then I had to ask did he make that up to get me to book right then and there? He told me that he did not. Shannon, I don't know if I believe him.
Speaker 2: It's like a little poker match, you think in this situation do you think I was lied to? I think he may have. I'm not gonna say lied to. I think maybe manipulated a little bit. You know, maybe there may be maybe there is somebody out there that also wants that date, but you know, obviously hasn't locked in on it yet. So it doesn't mean that you wouldn't get it if you waited a couple of days and then came back to him. But I think that he definitely did create that sense of urgency for you and I, you know me, I'm calling your bluff. Oh yeah, go ahead, I go ahead and go on. You're not going to force me into making a decision right here, like I'm gonna think about it. I told you I'm going to get back to you in a timely manner. That's what's going to happen. And if you're booked, well, guess what, there are other videographers out there in the world that exist. We'll find somebody else and look.
Speaker 1: And I thought that too, that that was my mindset going in. But when he said that, Shannon, we kind of didn't want.
Speaker 2: Him to get away. Was he that good?
Speaker 1: Well, he was giving us a little bit of a disc I think he was a KSR listener and he wanted to do the wedding. So when he gave us the prices, it was the first time we had seen them, so I thought it was natural. I would take a second to decide. But he said that, oh.
Speaker 2: He's a KASR so he's listening to us right now. Call him a scam he might be. He might be listening. You're going a bit and this is great, this is great. So he might be listening. You're calling the guy a fraud, No, but you said, or a scam artist. But you said that he's listening to the show.
Speaker 1: I asked him and I said, did you make that up to get me to commit right then and there?
Speaker 2: And he said, I promise you. I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I don't know if I believe him or not, And so I don't. It's gonna bother me up until the wedding and maybe years after. I don't know if I'll ever know the truth if this guy just pulled a sales tactic on me, or if he was telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Wait to call one of our listeners a scammer, scam artist. I'm not killing leave GAMBI. I just don't know if he's telling the truth. Yeah, he's telling the truth. Of course he's telling the truth. He's a good loyal listener of the KSR pre show. He's one percent telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Because it worked. I mean it worked. It got me hook and Sinker and me and the fiance. But I may go to my grave still thinking about if he've just pulled that on me.
Speaker 2: I've had to do that before, you know, with the band. You know, really you got Oh another venue wants to book us? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start a bidding war. Who will start at two thousand dollars? Who wants to go from there?
Speaker 1: See that's why I am like just scared to death of buying a car on my own, because I feel like, you go into buying a car, Shan, and you've it's implied that you're going to have to negotiate them.
Speaker 2: I've had this conversation I feel like on the air with you before. But you have to go in with their mentality. All right, they're going to try to sell you. You're only going to walk away if you feel good about the deal. You don't let them manipulate you and tell you, oh, yeah, you got to get it now. I've told the story. I think before on the air. I once sold back a car to the same place that I bought it from five years before that for the same price that I bought it for. Yeah, you have told that story, and I said, you know what, here's the deal, here's what I want. You don't like that, I'm out, and it's It's amazing. There was something tied to that front door in my hand, to that guy's brain because the minute that I turned around started walking and put my hand on that door, his brain goes, wait a minute, I think I can work out a deal for you.
Speaker 1: It's a thousand dollars. It's walking out the door, right.
Speaker 2: Why so I sit there and talk to you for forty five minutes and you couldn't figure out a deal. But as soon as I walked it was about to head out that door, magically, you you figured it out. See, that's what you got to play their game, man, Hmmm, you gotta play their game. You gotta be willing to walk away. That's it now.
Speaker 1: I don't think the fine people at Don Franklin would do those tactics like that. I'm sure they're upfront and very personable about you know, the price being what they have on the car. But there are instances where like an added fee here or the Johnson ride there, and eventually you're spending five thousand more dollars than you thought you would. And I'm just, you know, just not the best negotiator here, Shannon. And as you can tell by booking my wedding, you.
Speaker 2: Need to take an agent with you when you go buy your car. It sounds like And.
Speaker 1: When he calls in to tell me that that was true, I don't know if I'll ever believe him, but you know what, can't wait to see him when the day big day actually does happen. Let's take a call eight five nine two two two eight seven. I believe Chad is on the line. Good morning, Chad, what's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning fellas. I have to take up for Shannon real fast. Shannon got screwed on the most approachable discussion the other day on the main show, and I'm here to make it right. I run into Shannon multiple LOUDERI than life. I've seen him at random concerts, not even looking to talk to him, but when he walks by, just say hey, Shannon, give him a fifth bump. Shannon stops every time, not only does Shannon stop. He's been with Sarah, he's been with groups of people. He'll have the whole group stop and he'll have a conversation. He's like, hey, man, how's your night going. What are you up to? You know, calling the show Sometimes, my man, Shannon got screwed on that list. Shannon' should have been number one overall. No discussion, my man, Channon. We're brothers in Scott wild st. Yeah, I'm just telling you you got screwed, buddy.
Speaker 2: That's all right, that's okay. You know, Matt doesn't see me in the world of Louder than Life and all these other places that I go to. He just sees me in the world of ks R.
Speaker 1: I think we were both screwed, Chad. I mean I was the bottom of the list as well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I do. I like Billy, but but Shannon's my dude. I ride for Sannon.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. You like Billy, but you like me more. I understand. That's that's way most people are.
Speaker 3: Chad.
Speaker 2: That's call the day. I'm gonna go ahead, make you the call day for Chad. We could have a much better point on the next caller. But much love all right, man, thanks for listening to the show. See there you go. Wow, you got a super fan that. But I'm not one of these people that lingers like my man Jean Mitchell. If you say how to me, I will stop. I will take the time to say a few words to you. But I'm not gonna hang out with you for fifteen minutes, you know, unless you know, unless you want me to. I'm not just gonna hang around. I usually say my helloes and move.
Speaker 1: So would Gene Mitchell be on the bottom of your most approachable list just because he's a lingerer and he may extend the he's too approachable.
Speaker 2: He's very approachable, Like he's talking a guy that you know, he's I don't know, maybe he's lonely. He wants to have a conversation with It's fine. You know, he's hanging out there at the beach playing his beat songs and you come up to him and then he won't go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure the guy singing Jimmy Buffett at a PCB bar is probably a little lonely and wants to talk to some people.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Buffa used to sing Gene mitchell songs. Just wow.
Speaker 1: Shannon The NFL Draft was last night and continues tonight. But the NBA Draft is a little over two months away, and I want to ask you, who do you think on the Kentucky men's basketball roster this past year is the highest rated prospect when it comes to ESPN's Top one hundred NBA Draft part I haven't looked.
Speaker 2: At this, not looked. I'm going to just guess Kobe Brea Kobe Bryant number one. Answer.
Speaker 1: He is the fifty sixth ranked prospect on ESPN's Big Board. You want to keep guessing at all because there are multiple names on this list. Was otega Oway even on there? Otega Ohway number three? When it comes to Kentucky players, he is seventy seventh. So if you're looking at will he return to Kentucky after testing the draft waters we're waiting for that May twenty eighth deadline. But if you were the seventy seventh ranked prosect, that's probably ends you're not going to get drafted in the first two.
Speaker 2: Probably not. Yeah, But I'll give you the list if you want me to.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 1: Amari sixty three, Jackson Robinson eighty one, and Andrew Carr ninety seven, you're surprised at all that Otega is seventy seventh and Kobe Brea up at fifty.
Speaker 2: Six A little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't feel like there's you know, I would very different players, right, yeah, I mean yeah, And maybe the NBA is more suited for Kobe.
Speaker 2: It always three, I always got it. Yeah, I always got to develop a better shot. Yeah, you know, he's a guy that can get you a basket, you know, driving to the driving, driving into the lane. But you know he's he's not a guy that's consistently gonna knock down three point shots for you. So I feel like if he can develop a shot, he can he can really move up the ranks in the maybe next year's draft.
Speaker 1: And Jackson Robinson, who was really the guy that was testing the NBA draft waters last year, maybe looked at as the most NBA ready player on the team before the season started at eighty one. That injury really did not help his prospects, But maybe he'll be able to carve out a role as we wait and see what the NBA draft. One guy that is not going to be getting drafted any time soon is Travis Perry, and Travis Perry is in the transfer portal. He has gotten a lot of interest since joining the transfer portal.
Speaker 2: Have you seen all those goals? I have?
Speaker 1: I read some of these off I've seen this, okay, but go ahead and read them all right. Let me pull it up here, Ole miss Arkansas, marylandsas Vanderbilt, Louisville, Iowa, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, LSU, Western Kentucky in South Carolina. This from Joe Tipton of On three Sports. Do you still cheer for Travis Perry if he were to go to Arkansas or Louisville?
Speaker 2: Mmm, that would be so tough man if he went. He can't go to Arkansas, right, cal didn't even want him at Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It was almost like he had to take They can't only want him to put him on the bench just to get a little fuck jab at Kentucky. But I think he would do really good at two of those schools that you mentioned, one to be in your Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, damn right, and the other one being the Vanderbilt Commodoors. Because Bandy likes to shoot a lot of threes. I could see Travis Perry being a guy that could get a lot of minutes for Vandy.
Speaker 1: But like, let's say he goes to Ole Miss and like drops twelve or fifteen points on the Cats.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be tough. Yep, it is, But I mean Swallot's life in the transfer port is that's the life of college sports. Yep.
Speaker 1: You know, I will defend Cal to a degree because I think it's tough to recruit Kentucky players when you're at Kentucky if they're not gonna start right away right because you get the Richie syndrome. Is Richie gonna play?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: When? Is Travis gonna get in the game? Cal?
Speaker 1: And I even think Joe b had this mantra that he wasn't going to recruit Kentucky guys unless they were going to be starters because of the pressure from the fan base. For them to play more is just a lot and so it does the disservice to the kid at times. But I'm excited for a guy like Trent Noah and Malachim Moreno to continue that Kentucky tradition. Those guys I think are good enough for some playing time. But that's the philosophy. Cal had just bizarre. If he would go to Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Travis Perry again, I think, you know, Western Kentucky. I think he could you know, be a starter there, you know, get a lot of minutes, a lot of playing time, stay in Kentucky. Look at Vanderbilt, who has a history of just getting all the players from Kentucky that don't play at Kentucky. You know, Dan Leggy, Scott Hunley, Rick Jones, I think Dan Hall. If you go even further back into the nineties, Chris Lost, and the list goes on and on and on. There's a bunch of guys that were from Kentucky that didn't go to UK ended up down in Nashville, so it's still close to home. I could still I could see that working for Travis Perry.
Speaker 1: Not a former Kentucky player. But wasn't Riley the Chance of Andy Guard with a mustache? He was maybe similar to Lake Travis Perry. So maybe a little Riley the Chance reincardated. But best of luck to Travis Perry. Maybe Kentucky, a return to Kentucky is in the cards. Maybe he's looking for playing time. I wish him nothing but the best. But if he goes to Louisvillite, I you know, I don't think we can root for him. Then at that point, come on down to Western Kentucky, Travis Perry. The Price is right. We got a little n I al money for you, Travis. Come on down. Sec is a little tough a five nine two two eight seven. We need to take a break here, shann or we need to take Okay, all right, we'll take a break and wrapping things up here on a Friday here on the case.
Speaker 2: Our pre show, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So our pre show Billy and the Dude. Our new logo up on Twitter at Tilly our sports Corey Price. Just put it up, Corey.
Speaker 2: I'll make attributed to Billy's ego.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, what do you Dory? Big part of the show, Big, thank you, Corey. Kind of a wacky show today. One person on the text line says, we sound a lot little bit like David.
Speaker 2: Cam this morning.
Speaker 1: David Cam who from the official UK pregame show.
Speaker 2: Ohay Baker, Oh day, Okay Dave Baker and Camera Mills. Okay, can just say David Cam. They don't have that kind of star power. You can just say, David Cam, you gotta give me like some buzz Baker and camera Mills. Okay, now I know you're Dave Baker.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's a one name person.
Speaker 2: Well, if we ever asked Dave how he got the name buzz.
Speaker 1: I don't know that story. He'll tell us, though, Yeah, we got fifty minute monologue, isn't sure? Two two eight seven Channon tell us about a book that you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've heard me talk about this. This is I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Addict. That's a book that was written by Stephen Hope from right here in Kentucky, and addiction has hit Kentucky harder than anywhere, but there's hope. I Am Hope Growing Up with an Addict by Stephen Hope. It's a true story and a powerful resource to help break the cycle of addiction. And Steven's a proud native of Henderson, Kentucky, and he shares what it's like growing up as a kid bound to a meth addic in his journey of struggle resilience, offering insight for anyone looking for hope, healing, and a way forward. The audio book features exclusive bonus material, and I Am Hope is available now on Apple Books and on Amazon as well. If you're someone dealing with a similar situation. This is a great resource to help you along. It's I am hope. Check that out on Apple and on Amazon. We're gonna take one more call.
Speaker 1: But on the text line, one person says, all of this talk Shannon did about not being manipulated by a car salesman, and then he lets a caller manipulate him into giving him call of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, he was the only call, so he didn't really manipulate me into anything. That was the only call that we had today. He's one of one. Yeah, I mean in the mail for Chad. Now, I mean we got shot up next too. I guess could technically have a better call than the first caller, but until then I'm giving the Call of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, then you've set up Sean perfectly.
Speaker 2: Here. Good morning, Sean. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, guys, how are you all doing?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 5: Man, got a little Travis Perry scoop. He was he was spotted in Bowling Green yesterday and his girlfriend goes to Western Kentucky. So I think the Hilltoppers is going to be his destination.
Speaker 2: Stop. You know you've heard Ryan Lemons at the time. It's all about the girlfriend. Girlfriends are undefeated.
Speaker 5: That's right, undefeated. Thank you guy.
Speaker 1: All right, that's great, Scoop. I think I'm gonna make that the whiskey thief collinidation and he really gave us more on the shell than Chad ever did.
Speaker 2: He said it right, Moron, you said it right there. It came right out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Moron.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you really think that, uh, there's anything to that.
Speaker 1: Sod Travis going to the hill. Yeah, absolutely think anybody's transfers to the Kentucky should look at Western. Come on now, we'll take.
Speaker 2: All of them. All right, we'll see what I know. Shame well, that is TP with the girlfriend being there. If that's true, then yeah, I would say Western Kentucky is a heavy favorite. Now for Travis Parry.
Speaker 1: A five nine two eight to zero two two eight seven. Okay, here it is Kentucky baseball tonight, Shannon. They will take on South Carolina. They're twenty three and fifteen on the year. Six thirty pm. First pitch at Kentucky Proud Park. So that means at six fifteen we will start our pregame with Darren Hedrick on news radio six thirty WLAP. Did you know that that Kentucky's strength of schedule is number five in the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tough.
Speaker 1: Slooding in the SEC. Think Cats are now twenty fifth in the RPI. When it comes to baseball, they're slotted to be a two seed in the NCAA tournament. So this would go a long way of continuing their quest for a third straight NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're hot right now. You know, you take two out of three from Tennessee, the number two team in the country, then you knock off Losville. Now you've got South Carolina coming up, so you know you win this series. Here, all of a sudden, you're talking about a team that's what knocking on the door for the top twenty five.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, absolutely, I think they're right there. A team that is in the top twenty five is Western Kentucky, and I think Kentucky plays at Western next Tuesday Day or Wednesday, So that should be a good in state matchup between Western and Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Shannon tell us about DraftKings, were we have to get it the promo code KSR, you know the drill. If you're a new customer, you sign up with that promo code, you bet five dollars you get two undred dollars in bonus bets, fast and easy payouts all with DraftKings Sports Book, you can bet on the playoffs. You can parlay it across multiple sports. You can do it however you want. With DraftKings promo code KSR The Crownish Yours Gambling Problem Call on Date Hunter Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Its traditional terms were responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co.
Speaker 1: Slash audio Shanna, mute your mic on teams. I have a clip I want to play here as we end the show. It's Friday. We've had a fun show. It's Dave and Cam here on Billy and the Dude today, and we might as well just play Bridget and Paul on our way out here.
Speaker 3: And he went up there and he was coming back down down the waters and he goes run, he's got a gun, and and oh, our heart started to pay on and I ship on my with's mom and Paul mam was stuck up there. But apparently our brave mom, she goes, are you all right?
Speaker 2: Because he had all so strange, so fascinating.
Speaker 1: Everybody, have a good weekend for Shannon and billy ks oars next