Speaker 1: It's nine Ogen one Allengine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Amy is doing this podcast live from her bed.
Speaker 1: It's not even a good story. Like I wish I could call you and be like.
Speaker 2: Pick a ball injury or like one the skiing injury.
Speaker 1: Nope. I was carrying a box and now my right upper arm is so messed up. It's not my shoulder. Would happy about. Shoulder is working great, it's just the muscle. But like I have to do everything with my left hand. I cannot wash my hair. But I feel like, okay, so it happened on Friday and then I made it worse on Saturday. Good job. I feel like we're taping this a little earlier than you guys hear it. I feel like in one more day it's gonna start to improve. Also, Tory is totally sick, so she's not here either.
Speaker 2: Wait, Amy, I just got done with Galaxy com Oh my god, wait, I want to hear everything.
Speaker 3: Well, and it was a little weird, more calm, yeah, more comic Connie even yeah yeah, because Galaxy obviously it's like the name says it all be kind of sci fi.
Speaker 1: All right, So first, who was there? Brian was there. Torky and Jason were supposed to be there and they couldn't go.
Speaker 2: Well if Jason would pulled out like enough time a long time ago, okay, job and then Tory last minute got six so she didn't come.
Speaker 1: So Ian gab and me. Okay, So can you please though, tell me some of the other celebrities that were there, even if they're like Battlestar Galactica, because I love that. Well. William Chatner was there. Oh are you serious? Yeah, students ran in, Jeane Davis were there? Serious y, Yes for that? They did obviously, Billman Luis. Okay, that was classic Brad Pitt, Like that's literally how Brad Pitt started.
Speaker 2: And I'm here for that. Okay, give me more any more. You can think of well screens who also was there?
Speaker 1: Like Facts of Life people are never there, like where are those people? Well, Punky Brewster was there? Love her so let she's freaking great. Billy Zane, Oh, that's a good one. WHOA Corbyn? Burnston was there? First of all? Corbyn. Let's talk about Corbyn because he is legit. He was in Friends and Neighbors like that guy gets big parts. I am sorry, he's major in John Hahm's friends and neighbors. So he's like still just he's Gillan. Oh yeah, totally totally did he jokes? I feel like mister showbiz reps Corbyn Burnson. Yeah, Corbyn and I are Grandy's longest living else no, Corbyn rocks. I mean for me is La law but like he works all the time. You know, it was also a Galaxy Kin but Wayne Knight, Newman New Men. You know why I love Waye Night also, and I bet you a lot of people because he's in Jurassic Park the Originals basically the reason that all hell broke out at Jurassic Park. He like tried to make money and stole dinosaur eggs and then the bleep hit the fan. Seriously, though, I do want to hear about Galaxy Gon. But like, this episode was awesome, But when did we get to be Gray's an out of me?
Speaker 2: Like that was very interesting that you were like leaving a voiceover. I thought I'm going to RaSE this episode right now.
Speaker 1: It was a ten. It's totally awesome. By the way, what do you know who played the jewelry store guy? Jason Priestley? Yeah? First of all, okay, so Jason obviously has a dual role in this episode. You guys, if you have not seen it in a while, like you see it. He also directed it, so it's a little bit and I would say this to his face, a little rich that he directed it and made himself two characters. I bet you got a freebie out of that. Maybecause makeup.
Speaker 2: He looked like it like an older jewelry man with a German accent.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna lie. Immediately, I didn't know, but yet my inside's knew. I was like this, right, is weird. It was a very good makeup job, so, like you really what gave it away is the eyes? Oh yes, somebody is making a note that he had. I thought it was just sort of old people hands like he was, go, yeah, he was really playing it old.
Speaker 2: I loved the choice of the handshake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he was definitely playing it old. And I noticed all that, and like, okay, we'll get to that because there's some very important things there.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are talking about Steven senenep SO twenty with This Ring aired February nine, twenty WHOA ninety seven xnopsas Valerie Gates a slap in the face. Literally, Chloe wants to make act more than music with David done with her.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Steve is trying to be a cool bro.
Speaker 2: Tracy can't let Rando out, and love don't cost a thing until Kelly buys her ring where to begin?
Speaker 1: There's should we begin with Valerie or Chloe? And I feel like, what what's the first scene? Oh boy, I cannot recall.
Speaker 2: I know that Kelly on the beach was close to the top.
Speaker 1: I think it was the Oh yeah, it was you were narrating things. What did you think of that? You like, sort of writing in the journal that Valerie gave you and then the voiceover.
Speaker 2: I liked it, but it just felt like a right turn. But I guess it makes sense to the character because she has been going through this, like trying to figure things out and having making a few mistakes along the way and learning what she doesn't want to be, you know what, she who she doesn't want to be with. I think she's starting to get clarity or search for clarity about what she wants next in her life, which is what happens at that age.
Speaker 1: I'm told she's realizing and let two big things go frankly, for what when which two things Brandon and Dylan, oh yd the options of the queen, and she chows neither.
Speaker 2: It's not until now that we're actually seeing her get the meaning of choosing herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, because I think carl And that really was like are you kidding me? Yeah, I feel like she's right where she's supposed to be. Honestly, actually, I agree. I would not have liked it if suddenly they just got back together, you and Brandon. That would have been like too fast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that she's doing a lot of contemplation and that's I like final liked hearing the voice inside of her head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like obviously we know he loves you too. It was a it was a choice for him to actually return the ring and get the bracelet. That did not track for me. I think he would have gotten the bracelet but kept the ring. I mean, he knows first of all, or race there's just nothing there, And she's editing a little bit I'm sorry, but a little bit pathetic. Yeah, I agree. Why does she care that at one time? First of all, what does she want him to Would she be so much happier if he got rid of the ring, like he's just keeping in his drawer because it's a big, expensive ring. People don't know what to do with that. It's like an old cell phone. He just put it in a drawer. I'm not mad at him for that. I don't care. She keeps walking into bad situations like she wants to start bleep with him. It's like why, It's because in her mind she feels like he doesn't love her or she's not knows right because she isn't because it's it's a little bit now, is it senior in collegey? Sure, but it's not beyond that they've been held hostage and that didn't bring them more serious mess. Did you at least giggle in an inappropriate way when you and Donna were talking about how like your love's let you down, that Brandon was not there for you in the fire, And then she's like, and David was not there for me when I got held hosted. I mean I was literally like, Wow, those are not conversations that are often had. No, I don't know that one in a million people have been in either situation, and you and your best friend have been in both.
Speaker 2: So that definitely made me go, wow, this is a TV show.
Speaker 1: Remember. Wow. Yeah, Well, I have thoughts and I want to say them appropriately about Valerie's storyline, but we'll get to that, Okay. It just feels definitely to me like the writers didn't know they were going to take this pivot in the beginning. Yeah, it's a hard pivot. It's a horror to pivot. Yeah hard. Did you buy the fact that they could be celebrating their one hundredth episode already at CUTV Hmmm? I guess if they do it every day? And like, how about the disappearance of his z mark, He's just gone, yeah he moved. I know where did he go? I don't care even remember, and I need you to know?
Speaker 2: And then Brandon's like interim news director. It's just like, okoy, why did ken Lee not a continusation to celebrate the one hundred episode. It's not to be with Brandon be flirty with well because you're his best friend.
Speaker 1: Though, so all the best breads came. The Helm's there, for sure, Valerie was there, speared for no reason.
Speaker 2: But what and Data didn't go because she says she just yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Right, right right. She can't go back to the scene of the crime, which I get that actually feels when do we talk about Chloe? She's got to go, She's got to go. She does have to go? Is she kidding me? Like? Okay, I get it. You like David, Fine, you make a move on him, he's not having it, and then you like under your shirt and then you really come out in that, Like what were your thoughts on that? Seemed like he got into her, but now maybe that it's gonna change. Oh I can't remember. Well, because Donna came there to tell him that she wants to see Cliff. I think, yeah, but we're gonna be done with Cliff real quick. I think we've got like one more episode of Cliff boy. He's so cute.
Speaker 2: T is cute, And I do think this is the season where Donna and David you know what do it?
Speaker 1: I think? So Zoe, Oh, just a weird move. Weird move's she? Yeah? Like why would she take her shirt off?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And just like what what's your what? What your deal? Like that was gonna work too? But how how did you like the the was it the third? No? The what's that? San Juanica Pere? First of all, I'm so happy you brought it that because it's like a month. That was amazing, the fact they I mean, that was definitely santamon I could peer. I loved that because that's like very close to my house. And although it's very close to my house, I've been there like twice in my life. But still that must have been fun. Yeah, that's like a symbolic like you've got to go to a stand won a peer if you're ever in lag. It is a little weird to have a boyfriend and be dating someone else. I'm not gonna lie about that. That's a little odd, like to be really dating with someone else publicly. Yeah, and see it was like on you in the end clip, we're getting pretty close. It's real weird. It's very weird. But okay, and then I don't know where the other brother is, but we've got Randy Spelling doing great acting a great kiss. Yeah. Yeah, and that was fun to watch, really good important lesson important lessons were taught. And then also just wait, well wait, Yeah that was good because also how about when Steve goes, do you love her? Well? I just met her, like literally they just met and he's like, do you lover I'm like no, he didn't love her? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 1: To see Randy. What's his character's name?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what is the brother because there's another brother who's missing. Yes, ry Am, thank you Ryan taking that, you know, taking more screen time just for himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing great on the show. Took Nelly feels comfortable around the cast. It's totally difference.
Speaker 2: But I remember the other guy, the other brother. He was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's he? Where is he? He just was not in this.
Speaker 2: How about Michelle Phillips? Wow, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was a rule. That was a lot went down in this episode for a val Oh yeah, I don't even know how to sort of digest it all because in actuality, it's awful. It's so beyond awful. It's awful, awful awful. I just do feel that they did not know when they first brought her in that this was the backstory. That's just my thought.
Speaker 2: I mean, how did they get there?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Like, why why did this storyline come? This is the darkest storyline by all ever imagine I.
Speaker 1: Think ever, I think ever in nine O two one Oh, this is by far the darkest storyline in all of nine O two one zero. Yeah, and it's going to be a little weird if we've just moved on from it next week. I mean, there's been a lot of dark story, let's be honest, but this is Opker and ray Meep and this is rough.
Speaker 2: This is explains everything about her, like.
Speaker 1: The amount just.
Speaker 2: Oh this is where the show. And remember she's having her dream her nightmare.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. And the blood that was very stressful. That was very stressful, very disturbing. That wasn't real blood, don't worry.
Speaker 2: It was just the whole storyline actually disturbs me. And it's very upsetting, and yeah, like why go did this go?
Speaker 1: And right? Not like building up to it.
Speaker 2: We built up to a tiny, tiny little bits, but to just like dive so deep into this darkness was felt weird and a little too like too much sell the house?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, hug what.
Speaker 2: And she basically kicked kick old Tom out?
Speaker 1: Also weird, also kind of weird. I guess is he not going to be on the next episode because he she's like, she's gone. You believe that was weird? Her rest friend that she kind of loves, I who loves she does? She's just like, bye, I can't with you right now, and now it just vanishes. He just goes away. Yeah, weird, weird. There's a lot of stuff that was just kind of like, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you like, how do you justify the lead up to this moment? For gallery as as a friend of hers, like or as a I guess as a fan watching this show. She is the way she is and we all enjoyed it, but then we get to this point and we find that that.
Speaker 1: Dark, dark part of her that can never go away again. Like it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can't carry that with you. I mean that takes lots and lots of therapy, I mean beyond, and so that's it's just a they made a real choice.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying the performance wasn't great.
Speaker 1: It was. She was very good and Michelle Philps was really good. But it's just now, for me, this is just like really heavy, what do you do now? Where do you go from this? Correct? It's like whoa, I'm curious, like, how do you get like that? And is she going to tell the other I don't know. It's just a lot. It's just a lot. Yeah, does flashback You're a little too much, very intense and it was very yeah, like also trigger wanting, like totally totally. It was It's once again, it's always uh like you in one episode you have the whole Ring thing, which we still have to talk about.
Speaker 2: You've got the German Jeweler played by Jason Priestley.
Speaker 1: You've got Santa Monica Peter, You've got Chloe and her bra, You've got Steve.
Speaker 2: Coaching up the brother. I mean, it's just like and then you have the most heaviest storyline of all seven.
Speaker 1: Years, and it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of don't feel like what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know what and I can remember like broad strokes, but I can't remember like specifics. Yeah, learning points out that we finally understand why Valerie's always in survival totally totally. We get a lot of insight into why she just is how she is. Do you think that does that information go out to like does Kelly ever know? That's what I don't know. I can't remember because that'll they change the dynamics of any relationship one hundred percent. Also, can I throw one flag on the play too? These were allegedly Jim and Cindy's best friends. What now I understand they left Buffalo a long time ago. But like, I just do not see Jim and Cindy hanging out with these people. Yeah, oh no, I think the writers forgot that that They're like, these are Jim and Cindy's best friends and they're going to take in their daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but you it's blowing on behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: Ay, true, true, you make a great point. But I just was like, oh, god, you know, I think Gym's coming back soon. Jim's coming back soon. Oh that's fun. Yay. Yeah, I think there's a trip to visit them or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway, because her mom didn't even know this was happening. And then by the end, Valerie she chooses to believe her mom when she says, yeah, yeah, and I believe her mom too. I believe her mom too.
Speaker 1: I have our time with it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never been in that position, and please correct me if I'm wrong, But like I feel like, as a mother, you're you, especially with somebody like Valerie as a child.
Speaker 1: I'm sure right dolling the person. I'm sure her demeanor changed, I'm sure honestly, it's an entire like the whole show could be about this meaning for her, for the rest of the seasons, it's like so major, So I don't know, I'm not it's a lot to digest. I would say it was a lot to digest. And then it's a hard pivot from that, and then you're like, oh, she bought the writing like it's a hard pivot for me. Yeah, it was too. I actually sort of had to almost like not cover my eyes that kind of look away during some of the stuff with Valerie. I was like this, yeah, but yeah, it explained a lot about her. And then you have sort of this really cool storyline with the jeweler. I know that Kelly running running to the jeweler to find him. She finds him, the only German jeweler in Westwoode in all of la she finds.
Speaker 2: It, and just as he's at the counter, what are the chances?
Speaker 1: Right? And then she doesn't tell him, which was a bit Three's companyish for me. I'm never a fan of that so much.
Speaker 2: Like whoa right was She's like, well, if that's what you want to do, you should do it right.
Speaker 1: It's like, can these people just tell people out? Yeah, be transparent totally, because you're messing it up. Now he's gonna go back inside. He's gonna sell the ring and he's gonna buy a tree little brace and then that you bought the ring and are are we to assume you wear that now every day? And no one's like, hey, what's on the chain? Oh? Just this giant diamond? Why would she on a ring, buy the ring and put it on her necklace?
Speaker 2: What is she holding on to the love with Brandon?
Speaker 1: The love of Brandon? I think?
Speaker 2: But if she was just standing in front of him and not saying I know, I'm in love with you and don't sell the ring back, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know that's a little bit of like why didn't you just tell him and then you could be together and wear the ring and be married. I guess they want to just draw totally totally. We have to draw it out for quite a while. Are they to see I want that too, I'm totally in great ring. By the way, I mean, that is not that was no slumpy ring. How did Brandon walsh for that kind of over raw? I don't know, because that was like very big ring. Platinum was very of the time too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was a didn't it seem like a very large sized ring, like just like the.
Speaker 1: Actual feel like it was a size ten kind of definitely your size seven or six. H this was more and my eyes were just like, whoa, that's a big old diamond and a big band. Yeah, there's a whole bunch. I mean, we're we've got ten episodes to go a lot.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to see all MOPy like this for ten episodes. Talking to her Ring also a great question.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I'm still so Overclaire. It's just what she is, she having looked when the longer is she there? Because ten episodes just till the end of the season, and like I get why she left. I get it because Kathleen's probably like this chick is just one note and I cannot play this one note. They weren't really right a right, It's just so Oh, I'm irritated by Steve. Oh, I've got to tell Steve he's doing something wrong again. Oh, I've got to be the words wisdom for Steve. It's just like it's just the same thing every episode. You shouldn't go out with the Prince. Oh, I know, I think Dick dies soon. We gotta have that that's coming.
Speaker 4: WHOA, I mean, I'm gonna say season seven is not jumping the Shark.
Speaker 1: Season seven is still Yeah, I'm strong. Yeah, I agree with you. Absolutely. I'm gonna give this not a ten because I do see some flaws by making him to solid nine, a real big nine. Yeah. I just was really in it when I was watching. I was watching on an airplane, so maybe that's so much happening, and I had like head that, so it was very in my head, so much happening within one forty four minute episode.
Speaker 2: That's why I like it because I have add and I really.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the ricochet. Who do you hang out with the most galaxy con like? Who you have dinner with? The nine O two one hours? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have my friend Ben from Texas.
Speaker 1: He always he's like, yeah, I know your friend. Yes, my company then helps me entertaining me. Yeah, and Chlorina, So I'm always with my team Ben and Chlorina and then we usually try to sit together. It was Iron and Gab and so late Winfrey. No, she's so rad. I'd love that she was hanging out with you guys. Yeah, we were hanging out this nace. When's your next one of these? Oh? I don't have one of the Oh the other one that has booked is Brussels, Germany. Are you suriens? When is that October? Oh? My god? Yeah? Is October Fest? Where they do they do that? Brists? There's an Amsterdam where's totals? That sounds like a long flight. Oh, I've been to Germany. They love the show there. Do you get spotted on the street like regularly? Like do you get like weird looks and restaurants like or people do that? You know, this is how I look walking around, so I'm walk grown like its oh yeah, that's harder. She's wearing like a bucket hat. Guys, now I will know I'm my disguise is out. But when you go to the grocery store, like just today, do you ever because you know, when someone's staring at you, do you feel that side? I like, oh wow, yeah all the time. I usually just say fight. Oh that'd be weird. Life. I don't have about life, and I'm pretty happy I can look like outsoep, crap on a zoom just like this. I just live.
Speaker 3: Late.
Speaker 1: What is that like? Ewie?
Speaker 2: I hope my arm works by next week?
Speaker 1: You too, really do? This is a great episode if I do say so myself. I love us. I love us. People listen to the end and just hear all our weird things. It's so good. What do we have this? We're going to tune in when they see this weird image on zoom. Either way, you're in the brand of this house I've ever seen maybe much you guys.
Speaker 2: We just I walked somewhere and I booked this house because I thought my whole family was coming to have like a summer trip, and now it's just me and Lolan Clorina's.
Speaker 1: Sorry, why would they want to come to where you are, like you're in Nowheresville, Pennsylvania. Oh, they love it.
Speaker 2: We love it really driving around and seeing all the trees.
Speaker 1: Wait, so none of the girls are coming now, what happened to that way? I think my oldest daughter Luca is going to come down from New York on the train, just saying it.
Speaker 2: But we came here. We all came here in this time last year for the launch of Oh yeah, so this is the one year anniversary.
Speaker 1: So I thought everybody well said, now you have this big, old house and just doing not like a it's like a cute like country house. But it's no, it just looks a little old. Yeah, looks a little old, but that's okay. Oka on HGTV. We'll get the Property Brothers in there and they'll fix that thing right up. Yeah, Now, I have all kinds of questions. If you've ever done a remodel, they're terrible.
Speaker 2: I built a house on HGTV people, I'm done.
Speaker 1: I built. Yeah, I forgot. That was a long time ago, though justly passionate. I love where you're doing houses. First of all, HGTV needs some new things because they canceled a couple shows, so like I would pitch that, I don't know if they went over. It's brutal.
Speaker 2: Those shows are brutal because you actually have to do the work with It's like.
Speaker 1: Whoa, No, I don't know. But I saw a good interview with Jonathan and Drew, the Property Brothers. I forget who asked them if they make the same amount of money, and they do. And I have to say tip my hat to you, Drew, because you do half what Jonathan does. Drew's like, this looks good. Let me get this thing on the target. What I can't tell you part? Oh my god, they are so different, I can I mean, I'm friends with them, but they are, of all twins, I absolutely would never confuse them completely different.
Speaker 2: Next week, what do we have full on, let's tell them you have to watch Straight Shooter, which is episode twenty one. Oh yeah, I know what it is, and then we'll talk about it next perfect.
Speaker 1: Perfect, Bye,