Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Nick Harris, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 4: It is Tuesday, November twenty six, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number seventy five.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the latest edition of The Break.
Speaker 4: We are Alive from s WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star, presented by lglg's the world's number one O lead TV brand for eleven years, accounting see why at LG dot comport slash, O lead EVO to get into today. How's everybody doing?
Speaker 5: Every day?
Speaker 3: Every day?
Speaker 2: Every cheer?
Speaker 3: We had ten billion dollar company with bad chairs.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's the cheers fault. I think it's more the carpet that's the problem. Carpet, Like we can maybe slide a little better. Maybe anyway, slow track, slow track, anyway, let's.
Speaker 2: Get into this thing.
Speaker 4: We uh, We're gonna talk first about uh some interesting comments that mister Jones had this morning on Sean On with Sean RJ and Bobby on one O five dot three the fan here locally. Uh, then we'll get an injury update. It is a massive injury report, but part of that is also a short week, and so they list a lot of guys, as Jerry even said this morning, lists a lot of guys that maybe if you had a regular schedule this week hit playing on Sunday. Some of these guys may not even make the injury report. But we'll talk about that as well, and then we'll get into the New York offense.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think pretty much the whole conversation is gonna come down to one Tommy DeVito. But we'll talk about that when we get into it. Let's start first with comment Jerry made this morning that I think was pretty interesting for me, at least. He was talking about the con He was asked about tanking and his thoughts on tanking, and.
Speaker 2: He went to this whole thing about it.
Speaker 4: He talked a little bit about how coaches care about their win loss record and players care about winning, and he said, you know, the game's too important. Winning is too important, and he threw this in It wasn't to this question, it was another question, but he ended it with this thing isn't over, which leads everybody to think that in the back of his mind he still thinks at four and seven, there is a chance there's a chance that the Cowboys can get on a roll here and actually make something of this season.
Speaker 2: My question for you guys is, at four.
Speaker 4: And seven, with favorable matchups over the next four weeks, do you think Dallas can actually work themselves back into contention for a wildcard spot.
Speaker 5: I don't. I it's a five percent chance according to NFL Next ten stats that that they squeak into the playoffs. And I was breaking down like the ESPN playoff model yesterday and what exactly they would need. They would basically need to win out and every team that has I did it as like every team that has the better record in every matchup across the NFL for the rest of the for the rest of the year, I put them as the winner and I get the tiebreaker to a home team. They make the playoff in that scenario.
Speaker 2: So so every team ahead of them has to lose out. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Every other game that does not involve the Cowboys. I put the winner as the team that has the best record currently. That makes sense, and if the teams have the same record, then I put the home team. I just have the tiebreak of the home team. I was like, Okay, let me figure out if they don't make it.
Speaker 2: They do make.
Speaker 5: It in that scenario as the seventh seed, but if they even lose just one game.
Speaker 4: So it really is on them because the what you're saying that you're actually giving difference to the better team and all the matchups. Yes, and you're just saying that basically it really relies on Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know this sounds crazy. Dallas winning out.
Speaker 4: Essentially, that would be eight games straight, seven games seven straight, seven games straight, a seven game win streak to be able to finish the season.
Speaker 2: And under that scenario they could get in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at ten and seven, they'd be the seventh seed, and I believe that they would be trying going to Green Bay, which is funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't think the odds would actually be that good like that actually seemed like that was not a other than Cowboys obviously winning out Like that's hard to do. I don't care who you're playing that's hard to win seven games in a row in the NFL, But just looking at from everybody else's standpoint, that actually is.
Speaker 3: Hard to quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Jack, you probably would feel a little bit.
Speaker 3: Better about it. That's I mean, they weren't playing great with him, but you know, yeah, that's uh, Listen, you know there there are too many days now if you you lost to the Saints, who are awful right now, you know, Atlanta doesn't look like the same team. They're six and five. You know, you had some you know, the Ravens, you can understand, the Eagles, you can understand. You know, there's been some games where you know, look at San Francisco now, you know, look at their situation. I mean it's you just you just you allowed too many things to get away from you early in this season, you know, and yeah, there are a possibility. Sure can they win these games? Yeah, sure they can. But I I feel like though, to me, they just there were so many losses early and bad ones, some bad losses that that you know, you are what you are and you know, yeah, is or hope you know, you did beat the team that is currently the seventh seed right now, right, Commanders so yeah, I'm with Nick. I I just don't see it. I could see I could see a few more wins along the way, but I could also see some a few more losses as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's obviously highly unlikely based on everything that they've presented this season so far. But at the same time, I mean, there's always a chance until there's not. And I wouldn't expect Jerry to come on the radio or anywhere and say otherwise, like, you're still gonna fight as much as you can. And I and people they I've heard fans and send me messages like, oh, but you don't want them to tank? Is like asking like that you should be wanting to tank the season to get a better draft pick. But there's no way if you're a real fan, or if you're coaching or playing or the general manager, there's no way. You get to a game and you don't want every part of you to have them win. Like, I get it. We can sit here, oh yeah, draft picks, but then once we're in the game watching the game, you're like, no, come on, Like you get into it and you want to get that win and it's exciting, and that's what the game is all about so, I think all of that mentality of draft and position goes out the window once you're in it and live in the game in the presence. So it's just it's hard for you to convince the whole team to be like, hey, guys, yeah, let's let's let's lose this game.
Speaker 5: Let's go out there.
Speaker 3: We're heavy underdogs against the Commanders. Yeah, he heavy under I mean, you know, you we've talked about this. They don't need to tank. They're naturally they've got some deficiency. Yeah, they naturally try and give games away. They've given away some games this year, you know, so you don't have to tank. But you guys are right, you've guys, everybody's done this long enough. It's it's hard to come in this building every week and not try and win. It's hard. It's like Mickey there for a minute, but it just is. It's hard. But you know, to me, like I said, I you know, Jerry's right, the drafting position will be what it is and you'll make do of it. And he said, hey, the players we want will be there, and you know he's he's going to be right about that. You know, Yeah, you would you like to have high picks throughout the thing. Yeah, but not at the cost of being damn miserable every damn week. It's different when you work in this building there, you go different. It's different. I mean, I've experienced it from both ends. I've been you know, five and eleven, three straight years. God dang, I would have I almost said what I would have done if you know, just to get a win. Derek, you're a part of that. You saw that. It's miserable around here, folks. This is no fun. This is not a fun place. When you lose, you know, imagine going to your job every day and somebody telling you you're not worth a damn you know, this is hard. And when you win, you get a breath, get you get to live again, you know. George Allen, the old Washington at the time Redskins coach, said, when you lose, a little piece of you dies. You die when you lose here, you know, And and that's a problem. And I could see why, you know, trust me, it's not just the Joneses. It's Derek Eagleton, it's Amber Garcia, it's Nick Eatman, it's everybody that works in this building. They die a little bit when they lose.
Speaker 6: I must say that some most Cowways content has been popping since yesterday.
Speaker 5: So it's good.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: They win as good. Yes, it's a different vibe, it's a different field.
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen, this thing was on a run, a eleven straight game run. It went Giants loss and then a Giant's loss, which was really strange that year. But I mean, it's just it's just the energy that you feel, you know, and you get and yeah, you know you want the best draft position, absolutely you do, but not at the car feeling like crap every week you work here. It doesn't work that way. Seriously, folks, if you were part of this, you would understand it. It sucks. Everything about it sucks. And that's why when people argue with me about well man, you go to take no, you don't. You don't five and eleven three straight years. No, I won a super Bowl. That's the greatest, one of the greatest other than my son being born. It's one of the greatest feelings I've ever had in my life, being five eleven straight, three straight years when I'm from Dallas, Texas and watching my friends go what are you doing over there? To be honest, with you. I really don't know you know that. I mean, that's that's the kind of crap you go through. And so yes, everybody gets to breathe a little bit this week.
Speaker 4: And that's the honest part of it, Brian, that literally you can't No, it's true, but you can't escape it. That's the point when when things are going bad and really bad, you can't escape it.
Speaker 2: Everywhere you go.
Speaker 4: You go to your kids school, you go to the harborshop, you go to the grocery store, you happen to be wearing some cowboys gear, which we.
Speaker 2: Have plenty of because they always are giving us stuff.
Speaker 4: And somebody asks, yeah, absolutely, and but it's just like it's you can't escape it. So it's it's nice when I know on the plane afterwards there.
Speaker 3: Were lots and we're smiling, Nick smiling, everybody's smiling. After a win.
Speaker 2: After a loss, everybody's grumpy and it's not fun. It's like you work here.
Speaker 4: Part of why people work here, I think is because it is a fun environment. It is cool being around the team and actually being able to partake in this.
Speaker 2: When it's when it's losing, it ain't fun.
Speaker 3: No, this would be fun. This would be one of the best gigs in the world if you didn't have to play games. Yeah, or they don't know, if they just said, hey, listen, we're gonna play, we're gonna have team on paper, you're gonna draft sign guys, and oh you had the best paper team. Okay, Now we go to the off season when here we go, you know. So that's where I'm kind of like, got young visitors outside here today is okay, this is.
Speaker 4: What happens these days when it's Thanksgiving holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got we got guests that come to visit us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh look Diego, Mister Diego is a part of the.
Speaker 5: Show that the most handsome man on the planet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But see, that's what I'm saying though. I just that I just know from my personal feeling of working here, and I can understand it, and like people are like, oh, no, you need I work on you and I we work on the draft so hard, better drafting position. Yeah, why not? But it's okay. Wherever they say we're gonna pick, we'll find players, right, We'll pick. We'll pick every the first round, the second round. We'll give away that fourth round pick because we sometimes we don't care about that fourth round pick. But here we are. You know, we'll draft wherever that position is. You'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: I'll take you where they won't draft's twenty four so or twenty nine, wherever they drafted last year, and then trade it back to you know, you have a better place.
Speaker 3: They failed that thing out of it like they did Travis Frederick that one.
Speaker 4: For me, this feels like a little bit like Christmas used to feel when I was younger. You get to dream a little bit. Right now, they're still in it, so you could dream a little bit and not as crazy as it may sound, that they could get on a run and go seven in a row and win seven in a row and everything works out to where you have this magical run. It's still magically and in this time of the year, this is when you can allow yourself to just dream of the magical.
Speaker 6: It's something crazy like that happens. It would be the best documentary we.
Speaker 2: Ever because this is crazy ever made.
Speaker 6: Because everything that has happened this season, and if it was to be an optom like that, it would be insane.
Speaker 4: Just for the record, we were making a list of all the crazy things that have happened this season, because that's a documentary in and of itself. But if they should turn it around and actually get a run, yeah, that that would.
Speaker 3: Break our dreams. Also died on the Thanksgiving if you remember that, right, I gotta win at the Dolphins point. That is the point the Dolphins. He got a Dan Campbell, I think, interim coach to the Dolphins, Rainy stay, you know, and then it got hotter than all standing down there, get a victory, Romo plays, then Thanksgiving comes around, and then Romo's laying on the field injured that time, and then our dreams died.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we we've seen about death a lot today.
Speaker 3: It's sports death, all right, Sports death. Yeah, let's clear that up, Yeah, George Allen, sports death. All right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 4: We'll talk a little bit about these injuries and then get into some of the New York Giant offense.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. This is as Cowboys. That time Radio.
Speaker 7: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per how but the good news is Todd has a T and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss or the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, secure five.
Speaker 2: G requires compable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you footy deals.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 8: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas take five oil change. A proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think they're so.
Speaker 5: Fast you don't even have to get out.
Speaker 3: Of your car.
Speaker 9: You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area, and remember at take five, stay your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 10: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot.
Speaker 5: Of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas heat.
Speaker 11: It's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster canhouler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back to the break, lg O led Evil is the best TV in the game, but don't take our work for it. Digital Trends said that lg O l G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com, slash o led Evil and make sure to upgrade your internet so you can get clear picture on that TV. Like they're excessed.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: And I just figured out this weekend for Texas, Texas, A and M I will actually literally be able to watch it in four K because the internet connection is right, the device is right, and the TV's right.
Speaker 2: So I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Have you figured out how to get Craig Way on the broadcast? How I would try and find a way to get I love Craig way by play for the text. Craig and I are really good friends, and he is. He is so fun to call a game with. I've done high school football with him. He is such a pro. Yeah, gosh, such a pro. Great job of those Texas games.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited about that game this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ners, he's talking. I was talking my son Bennett about it. He's gonna be He's got actually a good seed. He's he's in the end zone, but in the lower bowl.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he got it.
Speaker 2: Going to be surrounded by A and M people.
Speaker 3: He the last time he was in that stadium, he saw L s U take a seven overtime loss against A and M. So he's hopeful of different, different outcome there. For sure.
Speaker 2: I think is gonna be a classic game. I really do.
Speaker 3: They usually are, Yeah, they usually are.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into some injuries we've got. I'm gonna run down ten names here, because that list is long. I got ten I picked out that I think are most consequential. I'm just gonna run down there and you tell me what's going on with him. Austin Richards did not practice ankle.
Speaker 5: Yes, so he was wearing a boot yesterday whenever media walked into the locker room. It looks like this is going to be an issue that keeps him out for at least a couple of weeks, so certainly going to miss Thanksgiving, and it's gonna I think he'd be hard pressed to play against Cincinnati, which is which is unfortunate, just because he's been rotating in with Tyler Guiden. It looked like he had finally carved a role for himself. And then now this high ankle is popped up, and we've seen how long high ankles can nag on. We saw with Micah Parsons that ended up being a lot longer than expected initially. So that's that's the word right now. But not playing there a.
Speaker 3: Doga in that spot now then, but works back in now do you continue to rotate even with the doga? You just yeah, maybe maybe they found something by rotating with Guidon in a tackle on either tackle.
Speaker 5: I don't think that was necessarily by plan. I don't think Whenever the penalties got out of hand in the fourth quarter, Okay, then that's when awesome started to pick up.
Speaker 3: The whole issue. Line up a little close to the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, picture, there's not huge green grass in between. He's not a slot tackle, right, But.
Speaker 2: Richards play this last week I thought.
Speaker 5: From Austin Richards. Richard Richards, I thought was fine. He only had I think it was fourteen past block snap, so he didn't have a ton of opportunities. But he was clean. I thought he was cleaner than when he started a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: So he's like the old Molly Hatchett song Flirting with Disaster. That's a song back but back in the day. It okay, Yeah, it's good. The name of the song flirt and look it up, flirting with Disaster. It kind of describes how he flirts with disaster every once in a while.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like and then he you know, and then he balls away kind of a thing. So yeah, I mean he he plays on his feet and you know, he's able to kind of work guys past the quarterback and when he's asked to make a cutoff block, he can get it. But man, I mean, he's he has not been a liability out there when he's been asked to.
Speaker 2: Play Cooper Rush limited with a knee.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: So Mike McCarthy was asked about this yesterday in the press conference and he said he had just gotten back from seeing Cooper. They're just gonna take it slow with him this week, but it doesn't look to be anything too serious. But it is noted that he was limited for sure.
Speaker 4: Trayvon Diggs missed last week with he's limited yesterday with groin and knee.
Speaker 2: What's up with him.
Speaker 5: It's trending in the right direction. Uh, it got back on the practice field yesterday, so that was that was a big step in the right direction. My anticipation is that he will play on Thursday from the conversations I've had, but uh, they're gonna take it slowly. There's a reason why, and I'm sure it'll be in kind of the answer I give for one of the guys you ask about here soon.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, nice little tease, all right. Tyler Smith limited ankle, knee.
Speaker 5: Sounds like he's gonna be able to go on Thursday. Being able to get that rest over the weekend, not only not playing, but just kind of taking it easy and being overall off the field, it allowed him to heal up. So he was able to get back on the practice field Monday, which I think was a little bit better than some could have expected. All right.
Speaker 2: Eric Hendricks did not participate with groin and shoulder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say that that's probably the one we need to ask about. Yeah, yeah, that's that's the only guy I don't have something for right here.
Speaker 2: All right, and that week we.
Speaker 3: Could me let me say, we'll ask him how he feels. If he doesn't give a really long answer, then he's probably not gonna play.
Speaker 2: If he.
Speaker 3: Gives you, if he gives you a gloss answer, then yeah, but we have him on at five o'clock.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think we've been full quite a bit this season with some of these guys that we were expecting.
Speaker 3: To come back and then they digs.
Speaker 2: Was a surprise when last oh yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even.
Speaker 2: I was expecting Tyler to play.
Speaker 3: But all right.
Speaker 2: Marshawn Neeland did not participate with the knee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just battling soreness. It was his first game back after being brought off ir it was. It was I think it was a scheduled d n P yesterday, So just battling some soreness off that knee.
Speaker 2: Zach Martin did not practice ankle and shoulder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, also looking like he will not play on Thursday. Looks like they're hoping to get him back in time for Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: All right, Jake Ferguson did not participate with a concussion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still in the protocol. Not expected to play on Thursday as of now.
Speaker 2: Ceedee lamb limited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still good. Just battling some soreness again with him as well. It's he's been battling that foot all year, it feels like so uh and now that back has started to creep in the last couple of weeks. This is just a guy who's asked been asked to do a whole lot in these last few weeks. And uhs he's taking the bruises as a respult.
Speaker 2: Brandon Cooks limited with an.
Speaker 5: So this is what I'm talking about. So Brandon Cooks was scheduled to play last week, all throughout the week, and there was even packages included for him in the offensive game plan throughout practice. Last week got to Friday and he was experiencing a little bit more soreness than expected, and so they went ahead and shut him down for the weekend. But that decision did not come until Friday.
Speaker 3: The region.
Speaker 5: The reason I had mentioned Trayvon Diggs a little bit earlier. Is just because it's going good right now, but it could it could be a Wednesday thing where things are not going good and he could be pulled. That's why I mentioned that. But as of right now, Cooks, Cooks should be ready to go by Thursday. That's if he stays on track.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Do they have to activate him? Is he is? He does have to be activated, somebody has to come off.
Speaker 5: Somebody would have to come off, or somebody else would have to go on ir I if it depends what the testing is around Awesome Richards. If they expect that to be at least a four game more deal, then that would probably be the easy move. But then you'd lose. You basically lose Awesome Richards for the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: But I've never heard of a high ankle that didn't take more than two weeks hi straight damn much more than that, you know, But yeah, I mean gone the time you hear that, you're thinking four to six weeks at the very least.
Speaker 3: When the trainer immediately goes high and then you go no, like high and they go no high ankle spring.
Speaker 5: You know, and you're like not.
Speaker 2: But who knows.
Speaker 4: Obviously they got to do more testing and figure that part out. But that could be, I guess, part of it if they get to that point.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the Giants offense. And as I started kind of looking at everything around them, it seems like everything's about Tommy DeVito. Whatever they're going to be able to do or not do will be about Tommy DeVito stopping Brian So I just you know, I thought about I thought about that great story you tell about when Parcels sent those tickets put a gun on hilarious.
Speaker 3: I went to that was my mann Manny and those guys.
Speaker 2: Man you ever keep you ever you ever reached out to Manny, you don't keep going.
Speaker 3: I want him on documentaries everywhere.
Speaker 5: You tell that story on air? Is that a story we can tell you?
Speaker 2: That's brian Us.
Speaker 3: You can talking about the Giants.
Speaker 4: I'll come back, all right, Tommy Davito, all right, tell me what Tommy DeVito does well and what where he struggles?
Speaker 5: You got something in mind for Tommy d You you take Tommy d I'll take Tyrone Tracy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, thank you, they got you know, I'll say this about with the thing with Tommy DeVito is they've they've really had a problem with their offensive line. And I and I say that because of what happens with Daniel Jones, and you go back and watch all the sacks. These quarterbacks hold the ball, and so what happens is this offensive line gives up a lot of pressures, they give up sacks. They've had a revolving door now at left tackle has been a problem. They've had to move the right tackle left tackle now back from left tackle to right tackle. It's really been a big issue for them. But with with Tommy DeVito, the thing about him is though he can be accurate throwing the football, and he can't be accurate throwing it not so much in the middle of the field, but things like in the fly, the hitches and things like that. So you know what you have to be have to be mindflow is that he is going to try and get the ball out quick. Does he always have success doing it? No, he does it, and when he holds it then that's when he gets in some problems there. They've really really struggled Elik Neighbors last week was you know he was adamant. I mean, he was hot. This is going to be the Malik Neighbors show. This is going to be Brian Day Ball and and and uh Mike Kafka the o c here they're going to if they as they throw the football with Tommy DeVito, it is every I have a feeling that every single pass is going to go in the direction of Elite Neighbors. They're going to live or die by him playing in this.
Speaker 2: Game because they got to make sure he knows.
Speaker 3: And you know what, he is absolutely right. He is their best player. Now. I will say this, though, You're right about Tracy because when we went when we played the first time around here, it was single Singletary was the lead back. Tracy was kind of the back that those roles have flip now. But the thing about de Vido though, is that it's it's the shots down the field are probably not going to be accurate, The shots in the middle of the field probably not going to be accurate. But everything to like the outsides and like the little just the little quick passes, the hitches, the outs and things like that, the swings, the flats, that's kind of where he wants to throw the football.
Speaker 2: Now is he is he better than Daniel Jones? The same guy Jones.
Speaker 3: They have both court mean you, I sat there and watched Daniel Jones take sack after sack just because I was curious, like, is it the offensive line is the quarterback? These dudes will hold the ball. I mean, now, okay, they've got guys that can get open. Neighbors can get open. He hadn't play. I mean he's had some times. He got hurt in that Dallas game and missed some games. Neighbors, Slayton Robinson. They've got guys that can catch the foot. You know, They've got guys the tight end, Theo Johnson can catch the football. So I think a lot of it has to do with how bad their line's played. But man, it's been a struggle for these quarterbacks just to get the ball out of their hands, you know, to find guys and you watch it on the you watch the sideline cop and you're like, guys open th throw the ball, throw it. So I I think I think a lot of it has to do with the line. I think a lot of it has to do with the quarterbacks holding the ball. But I guarantee you, neighbors, I think I think went and played a game against the Giants one time, where he had like eighteen targets. I could see this. I could see the same thing with elite neighbors in this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Molie Neighbors would used to talk about him being Adam and he had some words to say to the media after their loss to the Buccaneers on Sunday about yeah, yeah, yeah, about his unuse in the offense. I guess you could say, I'll speak about this offense as a hole and then I'll dive into Tracy. There's enough desperation on the offensive side of the ball at the Giants where it should concern Cowboys fans.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: You look at a quarterback who is getting a rare second opportunity to win a starting job, and he shouldn't really be having that opportunity. In our opinion, it.
Speaker 3: Muld be Drew Locke.
Speaker 5: You have a offensive play collar slash head coach who going into a ten day break could be looking at this situation and being like, Hey, if we don't perform here, I could be out of a job come Monday. And then you have an offensive line that is starting to get healthier. Evan Neil's comeback. He's played well in his first couple of games back. I think this protection unit is playing a little bit better in the last couple of weeks. I think you have all of that in elite neighbors as well. I think there's a desperation to get him targets. There's enough desperation that I think it should concern you. I'll dive into Tyrone Tracy. As you mentioned, Devin Singletary was the starter for the last time these two teams played up at MetLife. The very next week, they turned to Tracy. At that moment, they were thirtieth in the NFL in total rushing. They were averaging eighty five yards per game. They couldn't sustain drives for anything. Singletary was just not the guy, and Dave Ball had seen his offense only put together twenty six yards on the ground against that Cowboys rush defense that had given up five hundred and fifty seven in the first three games. They turned to the rookie Tyrone Tracy. He's a rookie out of Purdue, played receiver for his first two or three years with the boiler Makers and then made the switch to running back for his last season and played really well earned himself a Day three draft pick and now a starting role in the NFL. Since they have turned to him, he's put together five hundred and fifty eight yards on the ground in seven games and it has shot the Giants all the way up from thirtieth to nineteenth, which is really tough to do in the middle of a season to make up that much ground. I think for a Cowboys rush defense that is still trying to figure out from a rush perspective, from a rushing perspective, this could be. This could be a game where Tracy breaks a couple and if he's able to sustain drives, make life a little bit easier for Tommy DeVito. This offense can score points.
Speaker 3: The thing that it's interesting and you mentioned about Tracy, and I think the most positive thing about him is, you know, you look at the yards per carry and he's averaged almost five yards of carry. But go watch him run against when they play like the loaded box, they have eight guys in the box. This guy averages over four yards of carry against that and like he's got ten uh, He's got five of his five runs of ten yards or plus against those stack boxes. I was like, Okay, how's this guy gonna play? You know, if Dallas tries to kind of just stop the running game, and so he still gets he still has successful rushes against eight or more in the box, and he's also had some you know, five of those runs have been with you know, with ten yards or more with a lot of people down in the box. He he catches the ball well too, because the former you know, the former receiver and stuff like that. But yeah, this is I think this offensive line. This is why I think where you and I had to disconnect here on this. I think it's a mess.
Speaker 5: It is a mess.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's a mess. And and I and I and and there's things. They're a big offensive line with the exception that that really at center. And I don't think they moved particularly well. And I think the one thing Dallas could really take advantage of them is with their quickness, and they're with their the way that they they run stunts, the way they bring blitzes. You know, you could go back and watch these guys play, and the more that teams really blitz them and they don't. They just don't pick. They don't sort out twists very well, and they don't sort out blitzes very well. And I if I'm Dallas, I'm I'm going to put as much pressure. Their centers really l liked he's a good center, he's athletic. John Michael Smith's is. I mean he I watched vedevea earlier that you just just couldn't just take him. It looked very similar to like Steg trying to block that, you know, block on that punt that he was just on skates and he just got crumpled and then you know, all of a sudden, now there's a sack right there. These guys just have a lot of problem with athletic rushers Philadelphia. You watched the Philadelphia game. You know, Philadelphia Dallas pretty much could you know, did a pretty decent job of handling those guys. These guys didn't handle Philly all that well. And and I that gives me some hope that some similar type of rushers, rushers and movement and movement that that they could they can make some hay against this this offensive line.
Speaker 5: I'd be attacking the interior here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love the double mug linebacker look from from Mike Zimmer and how he uses that with Demarvey and Overshown and some other guys to send some you know, free guys at the quarterback right. I think you could see something similar here. But it's also an opportunity for a guy like Ohso di Uzua. Again, I'd be attacking their interior, the right guard Greg Van Roten. He wrote a guy, yeah, you gave up two sacks last week, so that that would be the matchup for Odgiezula that I would I would see as a potential for the Giants offense to crumple.
Speaker 3: By the way, Scott word because I asked about they, you know, I asked about Kendricks and they said, hey, they got forty eight hours. There's some concern there, but they got forty eight hours to work with here, so they're going to see how that goes.
Speaker 2: But tough man veterans on a short term round like that, it's tough. It's really tough. All right, let's take our final break. When we come back.
Speaker 4: I want to dive a little bit more into Mike Zimmer's defense that's gotten a lot better here of the last couple weeks, and how they could potentially match up here, particularly against the run, where they've had some success here recently against the lead receivers and lead running backs.
Speaker 2: That they face.
Speaker 4: They have not had success necessarily against some of the quarterbacks that run like Jade and Daniels. We'll talk about that when we come back. Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 12: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys then on an lg O.
Speaker 2: Led Evo TV.
Speaker 12: That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 5: No one comes close.
Speaker 12: Lg ole led Evo is the best in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash oh leed Evil.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, GAT utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 5: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The winds will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtie Erica. How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 14: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored. Quality assurance, message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 7: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure five G.
Speaker 12: Requires compatable plan into five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 13: See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 3: Back to the.
Speaker 6: Break, adn T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: This is the final segment of the Break live from SWBC Mortgage serios. At the start, the segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com. All right, let's talk about Mike Zimmer's defense. I heard you guys talking in that last segment about this offense and being a little bit concerned about different things. One of the things that gives me hope that that desperation from the Giants won't manifest itself in this game is the fact that I think Mike Zimmer's defense has played so well and it's seeming to get better. They're starting to figure it out. And that defense is really predicated on confusion of the quarterback, and I think for young quarterbacks and inexperienced quarterbacks, I think that's even more important. So I think it's going to be a tough day for de Vido just from the standpoint of having to figure out what's happening, who's coming, who's not, when Mike gets into those kinds of formations and starts looking like he's going to bring a lot of guys and then backing guys out. But that all being said, let's talk about the matchup specifically against his defense. I want to start with the run defense. They held Robinson and Neck with to seventeen carries for fifty seven yards last week, a three point four average, but they did allow Jayden Daniels to hit him for seven carries for seventy four yards to ten point six average and a touchdown. Where did you see from what you watched last week? Where did you see them do well? Where did you see them struggle when it comes to run defense.
Speaker 5: I just felt like all hell broke loose with jayde and Daniels. In the final five minutes, he had that big I think it was twenty seven yard carry where he kind of just zig zagged around the field. He found some consistency on those three drives that they were able to put together where he really started to stack those yards. But up until that point, I felt like they did a really good job of containing him. They were forcing him to the sideline. Jade Daniels was not trying to get hit, which was much different than his LSU days and George getting hit there. He definitely enjoyed getting hit, but they were leading him to the sideline, escorting him out. And then in those final five minutes, it's it just got a little wild. I think you saw a little bit of desperation from Washington and Daniels started to use the whole field a little bit more. But I think from a mobile quarterback perspective, I think overall the Cowboys still do have issues there because when you have a mobile quarterback who is trying to, you know, trying to make it a little bit more difficult than just being escorted out of bounds, then those guys can can have some success. It's Tommy to veto that guy, I don't think necessarily, but him being a young quarterback. I think there are some ways that Mike Zimmer can take advantage of that, because not only you look at the rookie and Jane and Daniels, you look a couple of weeks ago, second year guy and c J. Stroud. He had some issues identifying pre snap Blitzer. He has some issues pre snap identifying Blitz's. Mike Zimmer did a lot of things with him post snap as well that cost some issues. And also Stroud just didn't have his best day. Granted it ended up in a thirty four to ten win or whatever it was, but he has success against young quarterbacks because it's a lot to take in and especially in a short week, it's not a lot to prepare for. So I agree with you. I think that this defense can have success against the de Vito. That's why I think they're gonna lean on this run game early and often, and I think they're gonna find some success with it.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I was gonna just add like, I think the way they played last week is just it's creating momentum for this Cowboys defense. And typically I would be like, ah, doesn't matter the amount of the experience or inexperience that a quarterback has. The Cowboys always struggle with even younger players when they can run and get out. But this is a game that I just I feel like it's favoring the Cowboys a lot more because of the way that the defense is playing in general. And then on top of that, this doesn't deal with the quarterback pressure, but remembering they're on bland him coming back for another game, remembering what happened last year. Last year thinks given was the moment.
Speaker 5: Where he broke that wrecker.
Speaker 6: So I just have a feeling that somehow they're gonna be able to not only create pressure, but also start creating those turnovers again. And we see that those coming bunches typically and this is a big opportunity. You guys talk about the offensive line, but I'm like the defensive line for the Cowboys is also getting better with those pressures too.
Speaker 3: They are. They are. And you know, the Giants front office did you a favor by getting rid of Daniel Jones, because if Daniel Jones is playing quarterback here, now you have a legitimate run option at quarterback. You have a guy that will pull it and run and is not afraid to try and run into people and get first downs and stuff like that. I don't think Tommy Devido is going to be that way. Tier Tracy is a good back. I mean he is, you know he is. Dallas is going to have to find a way to win up front. You know. They cannot let a big Giants offensive line lean on them in this football game and then have Tracy, you know, just carrying the you know, and every time you look up it's second and five, you know, and he's capable of playing that way. So yeah, they need to be well aware of how talented this back really really is and be able to win this game up front against this big, big offensive line.
Speaker 4: Would you say you're more concerned about the Giants passing attack or their rushing attack based on what Dallas has done well so far in the last couple of games. Let's just put it to the last few games when They've played much.
Speaker 5: Better a rushing attack for sure. Still, in the last three games they are at the bottom five in the NFL and rushing yards allowed. He's one hundred and fifty seven point seven they've given up in the last three games per game. I'm more scared of this rushing attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rushing is a problem again. Tommy DeVito throwing the football, Elik Neighbors could very well be targeted a ton in this game just because of what you think is going to happen. You know, there's a team kind of going nowhere, and let's see if we can get him going. I don't know if Tommy DeVito can beat you throwing the football, but I know Tyrone Tracy just run and the ball consistently could be a path for victory for them.
Speaker 4: When you look at a guy like Marshawn Neelan and what he did last week, what was your assessment of him coming back from.
Speaker 5: Injury limited snaps. I don't think he ever really found a rhythm as a result. I think this was a game where he was on a very strict pitch count. From what I was told, he actually didn't even reach that pitch count once things got kind of out of hand or crazy late. They didn't want him in that type of situation, So I think he just needs to continue stacking reps. I'm not really going to take that one game as an evaluation for Neilan personally, but as he starts to get more snaps, I'm definitely keeping an eye.
Speaker 3: On the times he got to play. There was a burst there and you could kind of see when the ball when those times when Daniels was running to the edge, you could see him chasing from the backside and stuff. So yeah, absolutely, yeah, this game would he kind of got his feet wet last week and then now maybe an opportunity to be a little bit better and show up a little bit more in some of the scheme stuff they wanted to do. What about Mozzie Smith Massie I thought played pretty well at Mai. Mazzi is one of those guys we figured it out. Mozzi is a divisional player. Like when it's the Giants, the Commanders, the Eagles, that's kind of Mazzi's best games.
Speaker 5: We've got a big Massi fan over here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe not, but I think.
Speaker 6: So you go Cowboys okay, by Diego.
Speaker 3: By Diego, But yeah, you know, I felt like that, you know, the first play of the game, and then there were some other snaps. You know, if John Michael Smith's the center for the Giants is going to play small, play light, sure, you know, take advantage of that, you know, and Mozzi showed some nice power I thought in this game. Divisional game has always seemed to be his his cup of tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I appreciate you guys, Jonas. We'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get into the Giants defense versus the Cowboys offense. Will also kind of wrap this thing up for you, tell you what we think is going to happen on Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's a short week.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you guys to joining us for Nick Harris Brian brought us in now regard to see I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.