Speaker 1: Hey, you made it to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome and we try to thing.
Speaker 1: In December, Yeah, we did write what we do Alexis, we started putting awkward Tuesdays on a Sunday totally makes sense. Yeah, away, and we asked you do you like it? Do you want us to keep doing it? Overwhelmingly people commented on our Spotify page that yes, please keep doing up. Definitely keep it up. I could binge this all day, and one person even said this is pretty mid Yes, say, I love a pretty mid.
Speaker 3: Guys je commenting.
Speaker 1: So listen, you're stuck with your awkward Tuesdays on Sunday. Yeah, and if you want to hear a full hour of our show, we do a brand new show every day Monday through Friday. Just go to the Briock and Jeffrey main feed. But for now, let's make things a little weird and get awkward.
Speaker 3: It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. I don't know how my co hosts were regarding their emotions as children, but for me, I was always a big crier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Who is not shocked by the information? I say, Jeffrey throwing tantrums in a grocery.
Speaker 4: When there was a dessert that I couldn't have, or a TV show I couldn't watch, I would let the emotions take over and launch into the ugliest, loudest cry I could, especially if my housekeeper Lucy wouldn't change the channel for me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is what we expected.
Speaker 3: Did you have a remote, Jeff? Yeah, well she had the remote.
Speaker 4: And I was always a really big People's Court fan, watching blue collar families get the shaft. Oh so funny.
Speaker 1: Nothing like Claims Court.
Speaker 4: Still so weird. But luckily my parents taught me how to bottle up those emotions deep deep inside, and I grew out of that. Now, unfortunately for one of our listeners, they didn't have parents like mine, so they reacted emotionally as an adult.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's are good.
Speaker 4: Now they're in hot water because of it. So Allison has reached out for help. Alison, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hi, you sound like a real live wire.
Speaker 1: What could have happened?
Speaker 2: I made my work life really weird, and I hope you guys can help me fix it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope you're a blue collar worker, so this could be really funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, what, No, I'm not I'm in software sales and I had great year, wonderful year.
Speaker 3: Like, oh that's good, that's great.
Speaker 1: How did you ruin it?
Speaker 2: So I emailed my boss and I was just asking for a couple extra days PTO. Okay, I mean just two days. Really, I just wanted to take a trip.
Speaker 1: Is that usually met in your environment with like cool or.
Speaker 2: It's like you have to work really hard and it's like a lot of clients are really needy, so like sometimes it's hard, but it's worth it, and you know, they do have this culture of vacation is necessary kind of thing. But he responded back and he denied me. Oh god, feeling, and I'm like I just want two days, and like does this company know how much money I make for them? Like it's astronomical by the way that boss all the time too, So I feel, yeah, it just works like so many hours, so many weekends, and I don't complain, and they just like wouldn't give me two measly days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's just kind of how sometimes corporate America companies don't care about.
Speaker 3: The health software. How do you respond to that?
Speaker 2: I was so pissed, like I really just want to go on this trip and I give everything for this company. So like I'm like, forget it. I'm done with this. So I just typed up a letter. You wrote a letter, oh, very harshly worded, and I was insulting, and I printed it out and I just looked it under my boss's door on Friday.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even an email resignation. Letl was it just an angry letter. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like you don't get me time off, So like, I'm done with this. Like I was really pissed you.
Speaker 3: Quit. Okay, yeah, quit your job. Well, you know, go out and blaze it. You're not happy.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, I understand your sentiment, but you got to be careful with your emotions in a professional setting.
Speaker 1: You don't want to burn bridges, like you have to have references when you try to get a job later.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you're out of technology, burn every bridge though, cross the bridge to the other side, and then you can burn Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not allowed with matches. So I didn't know how this works. Yeah, so it sounds like we're too late for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well okay, so the weekend happens, and then I went back and I read my email again, and I realized that I didn't actually fully read it because you didn't outright deny me, and like he basically it's yeah, he said no for this week, but let's work together and see if we can get you off. Not no, get you some more time off next week afterwards.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you stopped after no, and you went into a full on rage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I really went in a full on rage.
Speaker 1: So have you broken into his office and taken the letter back before I went back.
Speaker 2: And I tried to see if I could get it like before he saw it, and I like, his door was locked, and I'm desperate at this point, I cannot lose my job, so like I busted down his door. I busted his door down, and like, oh my god, it's a pretty weak door. I mean, but the letter was not there.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, it's worth it if you get the letter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh man, I was like praying the editorial staff like saw it on the floor or just threw it away. But I guess maybe he could have come in over the weekend and saw it. But I guess, like I'm fifty fifty on what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh you think that maybe he still didn't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just need to figure out if he knows, and if I need to actually do a ton of damage control.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it came in a paper on the ground, thrown it away or something. Who knows.
Speaker 4: So you're hopefully you want us to call your boss then and try and figure out how much information he has, if he got the letter or not.
Speaker 2: I need to know what I need to do. I guess, because I mean I don't. I don't want to lose my jazz.
Speaker 4: Okay, you sound really nervous, right, I mean, like, how could you not lose your job over this?
Speaker 2: He might not have seen it. He might not have seen this. He wanted two days off. I just wanted two days off.
Speaker 4: Well, you might get two hundred days off if he's actually saw the letter. But we're gonna come back and we're going to give you some advice on what to say to your boss to figure out if he saw the letter and if he did.
Speaker 3: What to say to save your job. One oh, I thought this was going to be easy.
Speaker 4: We'll see how it goes with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward.
Speaker 3: Tuesday phone call. Emotions can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good because they can help you do stuff.
Speaker 6: Like fahe love, cheer on your favorite sports team. Bad because they can make you overreact to an email and quit your job with an angry letter to your boss.
Speaker 3: It's about controlling the emotions, yes, or just burying them deep, deep deep, or.
Speaker 1: Just reading the full work email for God's sake, like that's all she had done.
Speaker 4: That's why Allison turned to us for help because she just quit her job in an emotional letter that she slipped underneath her boss's door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of a middle finger.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know if he's seen it yet or not. It's funny, Si. Note she did break into his office to retrieve the letter, but it was not there.
Speaker 3: That's kind of funny. No, breaking and entering is not funny, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Well, she works there, so it's okay. But we need to help her out with some advice. That's what awkward Tuesday is all about. So, Brook Europe, what do you think Allison should do?
Speaker 1: Okay, first, I'm just going to assume the worst here, Allison, because I mean, if he hasn't seen it, then you're not going.
Speaker 3: To need any of our advice, we'll just hang up on him.
Speaker 1: Right, So here's the thing. You need to pin it on somebody else, right, go on, and that someone else is chat GPT. Oh you are going to tell your boss that you quickly wrote a chat gpt letter to him. Maybe you were even thank you to him, just printed it out thoughtlessly, slipped it under his door, got back to your computer and actually read what chat gpt had written. Yeah, you're horrified.
Speaker 3: That wasn't you, that was Ai. So she should lie to her boss. Yeah, you should.
Speaker 4: Always like to your boss, Jeff, especially now, Allison, is that something you're comfortable doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, job, maybe? I guess what? How how am I gonna lie? Being just like blame it on chat gpt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: Blame it on another employee because then you're taking that employee down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay to my advice, which is, blame it on an employee, blame it on somebody else to get fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Like if it was here in our office, I'd be like, oh, Brooke is playing a prank on me.
Speaker 3: Boss. She typed that up and she put I would never quit like that.
Speaker 1: That's all unprofessional that way he's like, oh, that makes more sense. Would throw me under the bush.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But when I quit, everyone's going on.
Speaker 4: But it's not just throwing them under the bus in a playful way. Say it was a joke from an employee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh maybe say oh, and I'm gonna get him back. So don't you worry. Boss are happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because bosses love pranks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, maybe you don't say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was rough. I can't I can't blame an employee.
Speaker 3: Well you can't. You can blame somebody else. You got two pieces of advice here.
Speaker 4: You're either going to blame technology for letting you down, or an employee for setting you up.
Speaker 3: Or somebody else. Pick anybody from your life. Blame your mom. I certainly do, and it's worked out great for me, and now we hear about it all the time. Yeah, so we're running out of time, Allison.
Speaker 4: It's really up to you. This is your phone call. We're going to step away and let you call your boss. See how much he knows. If he saw your resignation, like I keep.
Speaker 3: Forgetting, he may not even seen it, and we'll never hear this.
Speaker 4: That's what we're hoping for. But let's find out how dialing is number right now?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah we're here, We got your back.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 5: Hello Patrick? Yeah, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: This is Alison. I'm really sorry to bother you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, whine strange that you're calling me.
Speaker 2: I mean well, yeah, I mean I texted you like saying that I was going to be late to work because I had something come up, and I just want to let you know that I'll be in shortly.
Speaker 5: What what? Wait? What? Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Why am I? Why am I coming late? Or why am I coming.
Speaker 5: In at all? Or yeah? Yeah, actually, since I have you here, you know anything about this broken lock on the door to my office? Uh? Uh?
Speaker 2: What? Your lock? Your lock was broken?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I came in and the door handle was all scratching everything. It looks like it was tampered with. Do you know anything about this?
Speaker 2: I mean no, I mean, like, with all the money we maybe you should totally be able to get you a better door. That's terribles.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, would this like maybe like have been like the janitorial people, like maybe they have this really big guy. Maybe he like leaned in on the door broken.
Speaker 5: I don't know of any big janitorial guys. Look, okay, Allison, why are you calling so my.
Speaker 2: Request about a couple of days off you you said you wanted to work with me on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I did. But we don't have to do that now because we got your letter. Oh oh you saw that. Okay, yeah, I saw that. We all saw that. It was pretty harsh. And you know, based on what you're saying, obviously you reacted without reading the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, okay, all right, Patrick, I have a very good reason for this whole day. And but Corey tell you. I want you to know that I respect you so much. I would never hurt you intentionally, but I would pull a joke on you. It's a brook. It's a brook at Jeffrey phone tap.
Speaker 1: Heay, phone, okay, gotcha, yep, we phone tapped him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole shows here.
Speaker 3: James said, I on my phone and I am also here. Hey we're so fun. Patrick on the radio morning phone tap.
Speaker 2: Your radio right now, you're on it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh So all part of our new phone tap letters that we have people sneak under personally delivered.
Speaker 2: Very elaborate just delivered it.
Speaker 5: I thought you quit.
Speaker 3: Real sucker.
Speaker 2: All right, are so funny?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They told me to rate this letter and put it in your office and then call you and then but they just took it like way too far.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, I don't know. Oh you liked it.
Speaker 4: You got it, Patrick, I said, smash all the windows and break the desk the door.
Speaker 3: It was elaborated.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you were the one who broke the door.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you know no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was just a funny.
Speaker 2: This is super weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was somebody going around with like a hammer something.
Speaker 3: I don't really it's the it's the big janitor with the hammer.
Speaker 5: It's got to be him or somebody in I t so, wow, you know that was funny. I'll give you a credit there out Okay, okay, well I gotta run, but take care everyone.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: He hung up.
Speaker 1: Wow, my god, that was actually genius. Why didn't we think of that advice?
Speaker 2: He said, so, Well, Jeff is the one that said to blame anybody anybody, So I blame you.
Speaker 1: You'll take it, perky.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't meaning us. But sure, I guess it worked out.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a really strange story that he is going to be retelling.
Speaker 3: I got pranked on the radio with this letter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will have to step up all of our pranks now that we are going to have this reputation out in the business world. Py dammit.
Speaker 3: We did try faxtaps for a while. We need to bring that back.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe that you have a job still.
Speaker 2: I can't either. Next time, you hope me get a race
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.