Speaker 1: Second date, up date. Some guys feel this way. I know I do. But as a man, if a person on a dating side ever approaches me and is very forward and direct in their pursuit, that sends up alarms. It's funny because it's like, boy, this person must be really messed up if they actually want me.
Speaker 2: Oh well, actually yeah, actually, now that you like pinpoint it to just you and me in the red flag?
Speaker 1: Actually did they lose a bet or something? Am I being lured and do a trap of some sort? What is going on with you? I do for work, but for our listener, Damon, he looked right past those blaring alarms and went forward with a different type of date, A date he says he's never been on before in his life, and he's gone on a lot. So Damon, welcome to the show. What type of date was it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I was on a dating app with this girl, Marissa, and she called it a contradictory date.
Speaker 1: Contradictory date? What is that date?
Speaker 2: Like you do opposite things, You eat dessert and then you work out.
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 4: It was weird. I had no idea what I was getting into, and she told me it's kind of like the person and the type of date that you would normally not go on. So it's counter through what you're using.
Speaker 5: So is she telling you a little offensive to you? Yeah, because basically she's saying you're not my type.
Speaker 4: So that's the thing, is like, Yeah, it was kind of like a backhanded compliment. She was like, nothing about your profile really speaks to me. But I.
Speaker 2: Mean I could see where like you've been doing the same thing for so long and you're like it's not working on.
Speaker 5: These apps, so let me do the good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe what she's saying isn't that like you're bad, It's that I have bad taste, so I need to switch its icky. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well she did say that I was cute, so I took that as a good side.
Speaker 2: She's like, go on a date you Usually I go with hot, muscular, but you're sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like going for a person who're not normally going for. And what was the other part of a contradictory.
Speaker 4: Date, Well, it was like going for a person but also going four experiences. And her friends apparently told her about this type of date and she was like, screw it, I'll try it. And apparently she was like, would I be up for this? And I was like, sure, that sounds interesting experimental? Why not well out there?
Speaker 1: So like, did she explain what was contradicting? Like you said the date itself.
Speaker 5: Was even the activity atty is supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Different exactly, So I guess. I mean, like from her profile and from her photos and everything, it looked like she was like a really outdoorsy type of person. And don't get me wrong, I like going out, but when I'm going out, I like to do more like urban exploration stuff and.
Speaker 3: Go to like a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Well you want to have five bars on your phone signal wherever you're going. Make sense to me.
Speaker 5: So what did you guys end up doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went out to a bar. We went out to a pool hall, I know.
Speaker 2: And okay, you like, okay, yeah, so it was something new for.
Speaker 4: Really Yeah, yeah, because she was like, I want to do stuff that I don't normally do.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she's not calling you back because she hated it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she seemed to enjoy it. And it's weird too because she was like, do something you would normally do, and I would normally go and play pool at this pool hall with my friends, and so she was like, you should also invite your friends so I can get to know them and everything. And I was like, sure, for a first day it was weird. I mean, don't get me wrong, like that's not how I play it. But at the same time, like she was gung ho about it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, oh my god, what were your friends reactions when you told them what they were meeting you up and meeting up with you for I.
Speaker 4: Mean before the date, they were like, oh my gosh, she's gonna be a catfish or whatever. And then when we got there, and when she got there and we were all playing pool and we were all getting a long, they kind of pulled me aside. They were like, dude, she's actually really hot.
Speaker 1: So did the friends sign of approval?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And so at this first point, I was like, you know, speaking of a contradictory date and everything, I was. I was kind of like, usually on one of my dates at this point, I would have gotten a second base by now. So you should contradict yourself.
Speaker 1: If you want to do stuff that you normally don't do, you should start kissing that that's funny.
Speaker 5: Did she laugh?
Speaker 6: She did?
Speaker 4: She did laugh.
Speaker 5: Okay, but she didn't kiss you right then?
Speaker 4: No, No, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, So was that the whole date? You guys just did beer and pool with your buddies.
Speaker 4: Well no, So she was actually asking me, like, what do you normally do from here? And the game was on, so we went to a sports bar and we're drinking and watching college football.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she asked you normally do with your friends, not what you normally do on a date, you're.
Speaker 4: I mean she was trying to like kind of get out of her comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 4: So she was like, how do you normally hang? How do you normally chill? And we can turn that into a date?
Speaker 1: Okay? All, so maybe it's like Alexus said, it's a fun night with the bros, but nothing necessarily romantic unless I don't know, how did it end?
Speaker 4: So I told her, I mean, you know, at that point, I was like, I tell you what, this isn't over. You owe me at this point. How about I get a contradictory date and I will do all of the things that are outside of my comfort zone and more within your realm.
Speaker 5: I love that. I mean that's cute.
Speaker 3: Try to leave it open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I've been texting her only like once or twice. I'm not trying to be like super pushy about it.
Speaker 5: Once or twice an hour.
Speaker 6: I feel like at least you gave her the out, Like even if she had a bad date, she can drag you on a bad date next, Like, now it's.
Speaker 5: Her if you have one bad date, who doesn't want another life.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I would love a BA date with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk to her, get her on the phone, and try to convince her to take you on the absolute worst date of your entire life when you come back for a second date. Update right after that second date. Update if you're just joining us. We've been talking to Damon about his contradictory date with Marissa, which is a new thing that we just learned about, where you go out with someone you normally wouldn't go for and do activities you normally wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a lot of wood. It's there, you know, like maybe we just do the one, not both.
Speaker 1: Well, like if we were to do that on our show, jose would run a five k oh my god, well he'd walk it. Yeah, not even uber eats guy to do it for you. An Alexis would go out with an American man to a comedy pun off, I can't think about, Oh my god, a pun off American. Oh no so. But our listener Damon was challenged to do that go on a contradictory date with Marissa, and that consisted of her drinking beers, playing pool, and watching football because she normally doesn't do any of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you regret Damon?
Speaker 2: If? Like, because I know now you want her to take you out doing stuff you don't normally do.
Speaker 5: Like, maybe you should have started with.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I'm saying, Like the first date should have been all about things she likes that you have never done.
Speaker 5: Well, it's too late now, bru.
Speaker 1: Try to read through the pity of what she just said. Do you feel like maybe you could have done a better job.
Speaker 4: I mean, don't get it wrong, Like that is a smart idea. I would have gone with that. But at the same time, she was the one that kind of came at me with this notion that's has egged on by her friends.
Speaker 1: So I like that if she didn't like any part of the date, when we call her, were just like, Hey, that's your fault. You wanted this, you brought it upon yourself.
Speaker 5: Blame your friends.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wouldn't throw it in her face like that.
Speaker 1: Well I will. You don't have to. Guy, I'm gonna call her right now and we're gonna make her feel bad if she didn't.
Speaker 5: Have a good Is that what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll convince her to take you on the worst date ever. That was what you want, the worst date ever. Let's go. Okay, let's make you hate this. We're going to do it. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Marissa? I it is Hey Marissa. I think that you think you said yes, Yeah, she did said phone's not great. But Marissa, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, what's happening right now?
Speaker 1: What's happening is a segment that we do on the show called a second date update.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're on the show.
Speaker 2: Show. Okay, try to be pop, jeff it's not coming through.
Speaker 1: It sounds very sarcastic if I but no, we are.
Speaker 5: We're all I'm not going to try anymore.
Speaker 1: That's the spirit broke anyway, Marissa. We actually are excited to talk to you because we've spoke earlier to a guy that you went on a date with named Damon.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, you'd say somebody else's name.
Speaker 3: At first, I don't know what I was. I was hoping. You guys have caught me so off guard.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay. I mean maybe you're just kind of taking.
Speaker 7: It all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, we're contacting you for a good reason because Damon said he had a really nice time with you. He actually told us about the whole idea, which we thought was really interesting. You wanted to do a contradictory date. Yeah, it is kind of silly. We heard about it. It was interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, I gotta say good for you for proposing this and telling him you're not someone that would normally go for and then having him still agree to a date.
Speaker 3: I felt so bad saying it, but you know, I wanted to be upfront with him, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wasn't insulted at all. He was actually really excited about you know how different you were.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to get a vibe of, like, what did you think about your contradictory day? Did you have a good time?
Speaker 3: I actually did have a good time. I mean, this was not my idea, right. It was my friends who suggested it. I thought they were insane, but clearly what I was doing wasn't working for me anyway. So I was like, Okay, we'll just try something. And it was probably the most relaxed date I've ever been on.
Speaker 5: Well that's that's great news.
Speaker 3: Normally, like it was hanging out, it was watching sports, it was you know, going to bars, and like.
Speaker 5: You know, oh my gosh, wait were your friends right?
Speaker 2: Was this like something to get you out of your comfort zone and find somebody you actually like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't want it to be right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, but you did have a good time.
Speaker 3: I'm like embarrassed to say that I did have a good time.
Speaker 1: Why aren't you calling Damon back? If you guys had a blast together?
Speaker 5: What's embarrassing about it?
Speaker 3: Well, he's he is normally not not my type. That's not something that I've ever done before. I feel like we just like leapt to the like the third date, you know, where you just get to hang out, you know what I mean. It was so it was so chill and it was so comfortable, and I don't know what to do with that. That's like not what I'm used to.
Speaker 2: You know, it freaks you out that you are so comfortable with him? Is that what you're getting to?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guess Okay, does that sound crazy?
Speaker 1: So now you want to go back to your normal.
Speaker 5: Type the ones that make are really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: On edge and you're not having fun or everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't feel like you're self.
Speaker 3: Well, when you put it that way, it doesn't sound so.
Speaker 1: Good, doesn't But that sounds like what you're saying you want.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what dating should be?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Well, like, yes, for a little bit, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think that when you meet somebody that you feel more yourself with than anyone else, then that's the sign that that could be it like, that could be the person.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be with. I don't know about forever, but at least for right now.
Speaker 3: You saying that, actually scarce, say a lot?
Speaker 1: Are you doing? Why are you scaring the women on the phone we're talking about them feeling.
Speaker 5: Good just because you like him?
Speaker 1: Rush into anything?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, people for like two years and we're still not doing.
Speaker 1: If you want to feel like uncomfortable and like you don't know what's going on, then let me do this to you and surprise you by telling you Damon has been secretly listening to this conversation wanting to talk to you. Doesn't that you out?
Speaker 4: Uh So it sounds like you were shocked that you had such a good time with me.
Speaker 3: Huh Oh, yeah, I didn't expect to, but I did. I mean, like, nothing in my body says like I should have had a good time, but I I mean, I've kind of been thinking about you, which.
Speaker 1: Is weird, and you're making her feel too comfortable.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm kind of blushing on my end. I mean, I'm glad I've made you feel good. I'm sorry that apparently other dates haven't made you feel good.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to, she doesn't want to enjoy your time.
Speaker 3: Scared. Oh boy boy, you are so cute.
Speaker 7: Are you opening to feel more good in the future, because I, like I said at the end of our date, I'm down to have a contradictory date the other way, Yeah, around.
Speaker 2: A bad date like you want it, or you just tell them to treat you poorly all night long, because that.
Speaker 3: Would definitely make me feel more comfortable.
Speaker 5: One of my sure friends. As the shirt says, don't be mean it turns me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damon, are you capable of that? Can you be the opposite of what you normally are?
Speaker 4: I mean, that would be way outside my own comfort zone, and that's not exactly what I had in mind for a contradictory date. But that's what she's into.
Speaker 5: It's different, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: It is possible. Like Brooks said that, maybe there's a chance you two are just made for each other opposite.
Speaker 5: They do say that, so this contradicting thing may be onto.
Speaker 1: Something makes me sick to say it. But yeah, you guys sound cute, and that's contradictory to everything that I believe in. So yeah, I mean, this is disgusting. I am I want to get off the phone with these two. I'm wondering.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if Marissa has been out with you before, mister.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's not my type, so yeah, him. Anyway, Look, we want to send you guys out on another date. That's the whole reason that we called you, Marissa. We will pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 5: If you don't say yes, I'm going to call all your girlfriends. I'm gonna let them know listeners.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, all my girlfriends are going to start dating this way. This is going to be crazy. I think they would kill me if I if I said no, Gamon, I would like to go on another date with you.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, It's disgustingly beautiful. Congratulations too.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited to go on the worst date of my life.
Speaker 3: I will do whatever I can to make it terrible.
Speaker 1: This is a come we needed, Yeah, rookie Jeffrey in the morning. Was that the most sweetest, touching second date update we've done all year?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: And my soul needed that. It was so good. Look, there's hope for love out there. People don't give up. Try something new, try something different. You can do it right.
Speaker 1: Tell me you don't want to hear a part three from these two? Get an update update. I don't know if I could stomach it.
Speaker 5: Unless they go on the second date and it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, heartbroken.
Speaker 5: I want to know is that she gonna have just as much fun as he.
Speaker 1: This is just making all of our single listeners feel bad listening to stuff like this.
Speaker 5: Did you give him hope?
Speaker 1: Nobody wants hope.
Speaker 6: Yes, Johan, Yeah, Well if you do have any hope left, yikes, But you can always email the show.
Speaker 1: We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning