Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'll Paul swing alongside normal Linda.
Speaker 4: I do want to turn to Tim craighead and he's based in London. He's joining us via zoom. He's a research director for content for Bloomberg Intelligence. And I'll look at this story that's out right now and lots of really interesting illustrations. But the story is called Banking Booze and Double seven wheels. Ten companies to watch right now. Paul, I have no idea where this is going. I'm so curious just based off the headline alone. But Tim contextualizes for us, tell us what.
Speaker 1: Is this list? These ten ideas are all part of a broader list of what we call focus ideas. Focus ideas are where are analysts around the globe, cross regions, cross sectors have high conviction fundamental points of view that they think are different from what the market thinks, anti consensus, and importantly, they're catalysts coming up that we think can change market perceptions, and these ten all have important catalysts coming up during the third quarter.
Speaker 3: Tim What I like about these ideas, you know, because people are always looking for ideas long and short, you guys have the ideas. And what I really like that this research format is you have the triggers. What has to happen in order for this call to work on a particular stock Aston Martin? What's the call here on Aston Martin?
Speaker 1: The call on Acid Martin. As much as I like the cars, and obviously this is where the double O seven reference comes from. They've got a really interesting new lineup of vehicles, but they're short on V twelves and notwithstanding the world of evs and all that sort of stuff, the high end V twelves from Ferrari and Lamborghini are hot, and you look at the inventory levels of Aston Martin on the lots, they're too high. We think that there's a capital infusion that's likely needed in coming months, and so we actually have a cautious view on Aston Martin from that perspective.
Speaker 3: Booze Dagio, what's the story there, Dagio?
Speaker 1: It ties in a little bit with a couple of ideas here. You know, I mentioned Aston Martin. That's obviously a high end consumer idea, and even though we're concerned about Aston Martin specifically, the high end luxury vehicle market is good. Similarly with the Agio high end Booze high end spirits, they are the world's largest spirits manufacturer, is doing relatively well. You know, their recent sales trends have been robust. We think that's going to continue to show through. There has been concern about things like tariffs and what could be the impact, especially from a US consumer base. We're less concerned and we're optimistic. Another consumer, higher end idea you guys know and love in the States is Dick Sporting Goods. You know, this is a classic good old consumer's growth story where not only do you know the store, but you might have been in one of their new bigger formats where they have you know, that much more kit. Their sales trends continue to be quite good, despite concerns about what are tear's going to mean for consumer here or there? So you know, those are all those are all consumer ideas. There's certainly a common thread there.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Dick said, I'm looking at easy Jet, which of course we know is a low cost British airline and we have a sunny outlook here. But what do you think will be the most surprising call here for readers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting in this instance. Obviously this is not the high end consumer. This is everyday consumer. This isn't so much about the demand, which actually demand for travel and experience continues to be pretty good. This is more of a story on an operational basis. They're replacing a lot of older planes with newer planes that have bigger capacity and much more fuel efficient, So this is a margin story. Easy Jet is historically lagged behind Ryan Air at the other low cost carrier here in Europe. We think that that's set to change.
Speaker 3: Tim You live and work in London, but as most of our listeners can tell, you're not an Englishman. You're from the Great Commonwealth of Virginia. Talk to us. Are the tourists? Is it as crazy in London this year as it's been in recent years? What's the tourism factor they're in London day?
Speaker 1: The quick answer is yes, notwithstanding the fact that the pound is actually pretty robust as of late, streets busy. It's true in the city. Walk out the door here Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday or the New Friday. It has been a warm summer, but you know, this is also the time for Wimbledon, and beyond that, it's just been busy with people coming from all over the world, whether it's China, whether it's the US. This seems to be a hot ticket. Still feels pretty good.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the pound sterling, but the with the euro one seventeen that gets your attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. From our perspective, this is a week dollar story as opposed to stronger other currency story, and we think that there's more legs to this. You know. One of the big themes that comes up in all the investor discussions or events that I'm at is is the long standing premise of American exceptionalism. You pop money in US bonds, US stocks and they take off, you know?
Speaker 2: Is that holding the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.