Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. Put up its DJ.
Speaker 1: E f N together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 2: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink Chans day is New.
Speaker 2: Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfucker?
Speaker 1: Would it good be over this simp ship boy.
Speaker 3: And O R E?
Speaker 2: What up is DJ E f N And it's drink champs y make some no.
Speaker 4: And man, when we talk about people that's been doing it, you know, Corosse Sea's international over twenty year is records with some of the biggest people in the world.
Speaker 1: When you talk about the Manim, that's the Mandim and standing next to the Mandamn, you understand continue to do have respect. That's the biggest thing about it is.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you.
Speaker 4: Can have respect from the fans, you can have the respect from from from from the executives, but when you have respect from the actual artists, the actual community, the actual people who put out these who put out this culture, who stand behind them? I'm telling you the people who we everybody most respect respect.
Speaker 3: That's man.
Speaker 4: So in case I don't know who we talking about, we talking about the Mandem, the motherfucking one of the London's kings, and we're gonna get into all of that right now today.
Speaker 2: So so off.
Speaker 1: Top, I want to ask you, are we okay with ice?
Speaker 2: Is an ice goring up in here?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: I'm going to you know, because Trump is wild and he's taking even out London. Nobody ain't the joke. So later, yeah, I know, y'ah, So I know, yeah, so I know, yeah, I know ya to excuse.
Speaker 5: Us from right now with all the crazy accents and probably will come out London, you know.
Speaker 1: But but but all right, let me ask you right way wait, I'll go to visas, okay, right, I didn't have backing up because because I heard that you at one point you were banned in your own country, right, But what I'm saying is one time I got banned in London just for going through and not having a visa, right, okay, So is it like that in.
Speaker 4: The reverse like when you come to America? Are they are they is the Americans just as strict to yours as as the UK people are strict to us.
Speaker 1: I think more strict Americans, and.
Speaker 3: We need to hear this. You don't know, like we think it's Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got like even when I'm over here, I'm kind of like, right, you know what I'm saying, like because none of my man them can come over here, none of them. So even the man then will be watching me over here, like but they're seeing me like around family, like family, but no one can get over here.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get here for ten years.
Speaker 1: Wow. And was this the same ten years that you was bearing from doing shows? Yeah, in the same time. I didn't even think about that, but yeah at the same time, Yeah, yeah, it was. It was kind of a misunderstandabay, because obviously I had convictions and stuff. Yeah, yeah, And then I used to come over here. I used to like fill in the paper, bro, I know.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I used to because it said have you been convicted for more than five years for drugs?
Speaker 3: And I was thinking, I went heil for firearms. That ain't me, That's what I wought. So I used to take no, none of the suffer me.
Speaker 1: Then then one day I was going to Atlanta and then they just said yeah, this way went in the room and I was just sitting there for hours and then they even they said, yeah, have you been convicted? I said yeah, like and then they said, well why did you lie here? And I was like, this is the apply to me? And then they was like, we're not going to argue, don't come back, and then sent me back there. Then after that it was ten years, like oh wow, I'm back from yeah.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 4: In America, how long did it take for you to cross over from from the UK market to America? Because like, predominantly this is a new thing for us, so right, like you know, hip hop has always just been us. Then I went to the West coast and then when it goes across the pond, were like, holy moly, So how long did it take for you to get the same respect that you had in the UK in America?
Speaker 1: You know, I couldn't even tell you that because like that that's when I was banned. Okay, so like like that kind of time in my career. What year was that's probably in between two thousand and ten to like two thousand, I think I came over in COVID.
Speaker 3: That's the first time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the iron is I was at them times in COVID. They locked down the country and they said no one from England is allowed to come to America in that time, Well a lot of.
Speaker 2: Countries couldn't come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, but that was one of the you know what I'm saying, So.
Speaker 1: No one even mad people coming through Mexico, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They were saying, if you're quarantine.
Speaker 1: In Mexico for two weeks, then you can get to a through Mexico. But no one could get over here. And that's when I got my visa back and I've got.
Speaker 3: What's the word. It's like a.
Speaker 1: Pardon kind of thing to be able to come in COVID. So the irony is then I was the only english person allowed before I used to watch everyone else coming over and I was allowed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's how God works like.
Speaker 2: Crazy during a restricted time, you were yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but yeah, but anyway, what I was saying was, yeah, so in all that time, like mad things were popping off. I was doing mad like featured like big collaborations. That even that time was when me and Drake just done the two tracks of More Life, you know, saying.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's that's Drake's album. Better. Yeah, I'm saying them times.
Speaker 1: I'm not allowed in America, So I don't even know how these songs are popping off. What's popping off if people know gigs? So by the time I've come back now, it's like legend gigs are and I'm thinking, oh yeah, oh yeah, no, love, love respect. Even when I linked you, yes, I remember that, you said he I saw you that, and I was like, you watched my tic know.
Speaker 4: So what I didn't realize this morning because I'm speaking to Bleak and I go bleek, I gazed, and he goes ask that, Nigga, is it a burden on that shout out? He said, because it's a burden on my shot on. Everybody just thinks like, I'm a you know what his shoutout is? And then your shoutout is? How does your shoutout go?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: I see a lot of.
Speaker 4: So He's like, man, that was too much pressure on me. We just saying that to me, and I didn't realize, holy ship, like getting a shout out is a beautiful thing and one thing but then he said he sees you and him so so bleak is like, man, that's gotta be a burden.
Speaker 3: That's is a burden on me.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking like I didn't even think like that, like like I'm sure, I'm sure there's beautiful part of that, but now this this man them saying you you're supposed to be the next hole. That's basically where he implied. Was that pressure on you at one point or another?
Speaker 1: The next I probably like you remind me, you remind me of myself.
Speaker 4: But you know how you do twist those words and say, yo, he sees you and him like whoa Like have you ever had like to prove that not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well seeing me like I'm growing up in like that dance or hip hop all of that stuff like the shower outs and like you know what I'm saying, like oh yeah me and big so high and now it's man's what it's hard enough to get the show from.
Speaker 3: Like that's like, that's that starts like a dream.
Speaker 1: Now even if you told me that, like I don't know, twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, in twenty five years I was going to say, you remind me of it, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, my guy, like, you know what I'm saying, So nah, no pressure. I was more like, yeah, bro, you know what I'm saying, so yeah no never man, and I heard you.
Speaker 4: Never really got the explanation where he did say to you, how does it feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That ship felt like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how.
Speaker 4: Does that feel like at the brunch? I'm asking you now I'm asking the other obviously, Christian, how did it feel like him shot you out out the brunch?
Speaker 1: The whole thing's mud, bro, It's crazy, like because like I said, man grew up in it, you know what I'm saying. And then like then there was a time when like England and England English rappers and Americans started connecting and then everyone's flying up. Like I saw like Crept and Co Nine shooting with French and you know what I'm saying. I saw like Chip with Chris Brown like and these times I'm just stuck in England watching the TV, you know what I'm saying. Like, so like fast forward to now, it's just like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, it's like that time and a lot of change. Yeah, bro, Like I remember me first hearing artist from England, especially a hip hop artist from England. People saw say, man, they sound funny, right, And now you get to hear a lot of English artists and it's like like, I'm gonna ask you the question that Big Biggie said, did you ever think that English hip hop would make it this far?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did, man.
Speaker 1: Too. Yeah, it had to had to go that way, you know. But even from early.
Speaker 3: Like there was essays as well, right, that was my you know what I'm saying, that was open.
Speaker 4: To and from the yes, I'll tell you this, there hell.
Speaker 3: A dog there is and they corrupt. Man.
Speaker 4: They could wrap and they were using American slang mixed in with the slang.
Speaker 1: So I guess it was a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what is it for me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: People will say like says wrapped American, Yeah, but they wrapped English for English to me. For remember, I'm from inc So if someone's putting on a fake American accent, I'll be like a straight I don't even want to listen to that because it's not you know, but like them man were proper wrapping English. But obviously they was living over here in it, right, So like even me, I'm like half over here, half UK, so I know like certain things like you're just going to pronounce different. We swap over slang, like sometimes like I don't know, I might be with like Maine or something, and he'll be like, yeah, yeah, pattern that pattern, you know what I'm saying that, And sometimes I might be like, I don't know, Yeah that's a dub, you know what I'm saying. So we'll both be swapping slang. And that's the only thing that was really happening to Sasty would be saying one or two American or that they might be mentioning ends in America or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they were cold now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were hanging out.
Speaker 3: I used to roll to their.
Speaker 1: Thing like when them times man was in the trap heavy like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They deserve way more credits now they're cold.
Speaker 3: They were cold. It was just like you know what it was with them.
Speaker 1: It might have been a little bit ahead of their time. There was ahead of their time, and no disrespect to them, but no one like people didn't really know them like that in the streets, you know what I'm saying, Because remember they've come to America and grew up, they went school there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know what they were over here doing.
Speaker 3: I watched their interviews.
Speaker 1: They said they went college and school, so they're not going to really be in the streets them times gaining respect, right, you know what I'm saying, Like, so man, them from England are.
Speaker 3: Like, who are these youths? Maybe man from their ends.
Speaker 1: Might know them, like, oh yeah, they grew up around here, but you know, I go the streets, needs to know the man's thing. So when you say the ends, you mean neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Ends means neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, neighbor Yeah, like if you if I'm in my hood, that your hood. You might like even if I go back to London, I might say, I'm back on the ends. If you came back to New York, yeah I'm on the ends, you know what I mean? Yeah, I was saying, Yeah, the ends didn't really know them like that, so they couldn't really ride with them, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, when you when when that's your guy, you're seeing him, you know he's certified in the streets, like this.
Speaker 3: Is my god, I've got I've got the full the resume.
Speaker 1: They didn't really have that, so it kind of and then they were rappers. They were rappers, yeah, yeah, one of them wrong being a rapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but but I wouldn't say that like nerds or anything. You know, I'm saying, I don't really know them like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: But yeah, there was there was a different eraror of hip hop as well, in terms of it wasn't as commercial even back then, right, So there's a there's a different era as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I know where hip hop was in America then for me.
Speaker 3: Them times, you know what huge? That's you know that.
Speaker 1: But I even yeah, see I heard them in jail.
Speaker 3: So I was in jail and I was listening to.
Speaker 2: I heard them. They wasn't a Rockefeller, No, I heard them before that.
Speaker 1: Okay, they was working because I heard them. I was in jail and I heard Westwood. I remember this because I remember I was in jail and was eating Met Donald's on the radar, and I was thinking, why the fuck you eating Met Donald's.
Speaker 3: Niggas are in jail hungry?
Speaker 1: I remember that, And I remember you were saying, yeah, congratulations, like you did the rock deal, and I was like, who are these guys.
Speaker 3: That's when I so that's when you were.
Speaker 5: Because for me, when when they made it to the rockets, to me, I'm like, oh, they they made it out of the underground, now okay, to me, they were already bubbling on an underground.
Speaker 4: And I'm saying this out of ignorance. You had the white labels or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway to your point them time, I think things are huge then UK for UK for like American okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: They were even they was a rockefellera at that time, were popping. I was like jail right, hell, they.
Speaker 1: Was on the diplomat immunity to especially for a UK artist. For me, I was these man of these man have gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So do you feel like you was? And I heard you heard you get asked this question. I heard you humbly answered, but do you feel like you're the O G at that new generation of you know, of UK hip hop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely O G.
Speaker 1: I believe. I believe so too got that because before me, they weren't really like hip hop UK mainstream like that like well street gas, the rap like you know what I'm saying. It wasn't there was like there was hip hop like and there was the underground as well.
Speaker 3: So I came from obviously the.
Speaker 1: Underground UK rap with UK accents and street niggas and gang gang bangers and you know what I'm saying, that was that era. There was still hip hop before it, like there might have been like Colashal cough and even before that, like.
Speaker 3: I can't remember them.
Speaker 2: There's an artist Nam Klasnic cough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cold.
Speaker 1: But there was like they're gonna they're gonna be upsetting that because it's.
Speaker 3: A big drink chap.
Speaker 1: There was that man before that, you know what I'm saying like that, but it was that backpack kind of rap. You know what I'm saying about us Man was the streets and then then obviously that man took it mainstream like me, you know what I'm saying like, so it kind of starts with man.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, man means me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think do you think baby Baby was one of your first mainstream records.
Speaker 3: Like that Baby? Yeah? Hell no. I was wait, okay talking the hardest, Okay, no.
Speaker 1: Talking, I got said my notes to alright, cool talking, the hardest, hooking, the hardest. Let me tell you what I noticed about that.
Speaker 4: You rhymed everything with ry the only thing you've left that was Nori. I was waiting for my shoutout. I was like, you got story. Everything is song? Is that what are you talking?
Speaker 2: I'm talking the hardest, took the hardest, that's.
Speaker 3: The right y Yeah yeah yeah, holding up, hold on up. They can tell you a story. Yeah yeah, y.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, my kid is coming to thought about like damn y' he everything, Like, I'm gonna take some of these lines, but let's talk talking the hardest. You think that was your your your person out of the first like because them times before talking artists, we didn't hear no like UK gangster rap in no parties.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You just hear like even in the UK, in the UK, Wow, that's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, UK.
Speaker 1: Even when someone had told me they had talking at this like a right, I didn't even take it serious.
Speaker 3: I mean so like yeah that like so yeah, that was like that's that's kind of why it's the national anthem. They called it the UK National Anthem. What I mean?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 4: Our show was about giving people flowers. Well they can smell them. They thought us what they can tell them. They drinks while they can drink them, and they suppose what they think.
Speaker 1: We need to give your flowers face to face. Man, snoops, that is better than the grammy because it comes from your people.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. God damn So we wanted to give you your flowers. God damn it, you got silk coverings.
Speaker 6: O take some longer though, showing over Gigs, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I might as well just give Drain his birthday. And he's from London, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the brother.
Speaker 4: He's one from yeah from yeah, my boy, my boy right here, he's from northern yeah yeah, and it's his birthday, Gigs.
Speaker 3: I said, where he from in London? We need to really know where are you from?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Where are you laying? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, come here, Okay, so how long have you been here?
Speaker 2: He been to high school with me, so he's been here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I can still head yeah yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're grabbing Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah ninety one and down ninety ninety school.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but you're from Miami.
Speaker 2: And originally l A but brazing Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean Miami's like, Miami's like that. It's like, well, New York's proper like, but like still sometimes I still got to like dumb it down when I talked yeah by here in Miami, yeah, because it's like more Caribbean.
Speaker 3: I just talked normal here kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Every accent.
Speaker 1: You can come to queens too. It's like that you got every accent. Yeah, so queen, that's a yeah. So is it shatter clock or yet? Let's go okay, okay, cool, got the okay, the light up? Okay, and you wrote a real splip that's like a real bat month splip. Yeah. But you're originally from Africa though, right, No, No, I'm half Jamaican, quarter Guyanese and Grenadan.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you're West India.
Speaker 1: I'm like when everyone came over the boat, there's no condoms and everyone my kind of age has got like fifteen brothers, and I can tell that's when everyone was just running around.
Speaker 3: What we're in lucky, I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let me ask you a question that's very caustious. Versuy on drink camps, do you eat doubles.
Speaker 3: Like from Trinida? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what, I actually haven't tasted doubles. Oh okay, okay, that's the matter. Yeah that in Yeah, she haven't had a double before.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually get a lot of education about the Caribbean when I come here.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, even like Dominicans and like because you're Dominican.
Speaker 4: Porto Weekly poor, Yeah, we like to one's a little bit better.
Speaker 3: So we have American we have American money.
Speaker 7: Because I want to go ahead to Dominican report. If it's just got American.
Speaker 3: Monem Dominicans, ye, don't worry about it. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: But even so even before because we don't really in London, we don't really have like Porto Ricans and Dominicans like Ubans, yeah, but not a lot. Yes, it's more like Spain, you know what I'm saying. So even like those are the racist Latinos, just so you know, going it out there. Yeah, when I come here, and they better than every other Latino. Sorry bad Spain Spanish people, Spain people. I'm sorry, Yeah, I ain't say that Argentinas. So even I'm remember I used to watch that paid them for yeah, and I saw you and paid them for you. And then there was that part when they said, yeah that when they said, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Spanish kids said it.
Speaker 3: I used to rewind that part one hundred times, like where's the Spanish guy, I'm just Spanish. I'm just thinking white persons, but I'm not so rewinding it and I say, it's so many Norri here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I even used to rewind it back like before with the jail because I was describing. I'm thinking I'm missed something like you know what I mean. And then when I come here, that's when I started saying that Dominicans and I was seeing raw like it's just Caribbeans when he speaks Spanish, you know, So it's actually Dominicans are like Porto Ricans Like no, no, I'm saying you kind of like the advanced Caribbeans, right because you've got like Jamaica, like yeah, but you know, idea only how to speak Spanish, so you're kind of advanced man because island Cuba, come on, yeah cue, but because because everyone speaks Spanish, we forget your Caribbean.
Speaker 3: You know. That's well, yes, even.
Speaker 1: I got bridges from like Honduras and I ain't seen dark skinned Spanish people before. That's mad, Like I'm like raw, like you speak Spanish and your thoughts.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's been a big like education coming here as well. You know, I'm saying it's the different cultures and that you mean.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, so ready for quick Thomas, let's go. Okay, what's playing the rules.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, we don't drink. But if you say both, are neither we drinking? Uh you've you've seen this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not really like you know, harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go like shots, we go like shots, yeah, like shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I wanted to do the first one, but it's not going to be this first one, the first two, but it's not gonna be.
Speaker 1: So what we're doing shots of the ross class whatever you want? What's this call again that mama? Yeah, this is the matter.
Speaker 2: This is the Dominican joint right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Nando's or Carbones?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I say carbone, carbone, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's two different things though, Yeah, that's what that was.
Speaker 3: Just like you're saying, like, that's like you're saying carbone or Chick fil A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying that it's two different Yeah, Tupac, d m X, piece of both.
Speaker 2: That's two different. It's two different.
Speaker 3: I feel like generations kind of.
Speaker 1: It's whatever for you, like just whatever criteria you pick.
Speaker 3: It's no. I wouldn't compare.
Speaker 2: UK Nigga still.
Speaker 3: Is universal.
Speaker 1: Let me get up like still like universe just American Jesus, you picked then big part that has to be Okay, that's o g like in that in that situation, right like packer or flipping.
Speaker 3: I don't know that, snoop Orsa.
Speaker 1: I know fucking you know what I mean, but I can't packing DMX, even though d MS is the legend year as well.
Speaker 3: But that's packed, like you know.
Speaker 1: You the next one too, Slick Ricord Biggie, these questions that make said.
Speaker 2: Supposed to the Dominican and the Columbia.
Speaker 3: I would have to say, I need U, k okay, Oh.
Speaker 2: You're on the album, man, we gotta talk about the all right album? Yeah? Well really I didn't know that Slick with just send me that is custom Wallabeest.
Speaker 3: That's a good album. Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 2: West Side Gun or Conway.
Speaker 3: West Side Got that's my Brad Conway is He's too cold though, man, Okay, I'll say all.
Speaker 4: Right, this one right here, very controversial. I do not I do not know where you're going with this. By the way, we don't write these questions Dominican and Columbian over there, they sniff cocaine and write.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just the way it happens.
Speaker 2: Drake or Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: I gotta say Drizzy, Okay, that was the safe answer.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, right hand. No, not even that. I rode to Drizzy. Okay, you know Kendrick is gonna buy us.
Speaker 1: But like if I'm jumping in the way the gallery in the car my slaph on, you know what I'm saying that drizzy, but you get me.
Speaker 3: That's the vibes.
Speaker 4: But you see how Kendrick Lamar was caught at a I mean, Lebron James was caught out of Kendrick Lamar and Drakes a certain thing. Would you what would you think that you could go to Kendrick Lamar and you still be cool.
Speaker 3: Car check it out. Yeah, I could go there.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna jump from stage to them like, man, I'm not gonna I'm a fan of Kendrick saying yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say nah.
Speaker 1: If I said yeah, come me real, kender, I'm not gonna say nah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think our coature needs to stop that because like I feel like if I like pustachio ice cream and just one and one day I want chocolate, Like why why I can't like both? Like why why does our coulture make us? Like why do make they make us choose between Knaves and Jay like like I like them both, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you know what I mean, Like I like I like do say and I like age s grade Like why wouldn't I be able to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's too much music for that or that to pick one a all that, Like just think about hip hop.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's so much music right, so much events, so much things has happened, you know what I'm saying, Like I can't just like yeah, I just like I'm just fucking with that, Like you know what I'm saying me, Yeah, hell no, hell no n w A or w tang W Like we're tying the go spot. That's the man next the Batman team. You know what I'm saying, that's real Booju or Beanie.
Speaker 3: That's two different which is the Gold hundred. But b that's my guy, is the that's the original.
Speaker 5: You are you be honest with serious central seer, skeptic skepto.
Speaker 3: Of course that's og. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Mob deeper m o p.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more deep, more deep.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I feel like they thought more in it deep you know what I mean? A piece cold yeah yeah, top boy super so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what my doing. Stell and we just drink. I'll drink, let's go top Bay.
Speaker 1: I would have to say top because that's the original. No, no, no, I'll say both because top where that's the original. That's what that's what's got even like America knowing about London as well, super Cell Like me, I'm a nerd. I love like Superhero, X, Men, Avengers.
Speaker 3: That's my that's my thing. So you've got like the.
Speaker 1: Streets, like the London streets as well. And it was raw slang with superpowers. That's the maddest thing at got to But I'll just drink cool yeah, because top Boy, it was like wait a minute. We looked at that. It was like wait a minute, they're going crazy out there.
Speaker 2: It was like the British wire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought you just had That's what it was meant to be originally. Yeah, that's why it always goes wrong when American artists come to London. Yeah, they think it's nice. That's like the Knives, that's like the kids, you know what I mean. But obviously, and now it's social media, so they just make it bigger than it is, like you know, yeah, but now it's the goddamn saying it's been the same. Yeah, oh yeah, social media.
Speaker 3: We can see this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, okay, vibes Cartel or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carto, that's my guy, Like Cartoon is the greatest. He's wrong.
Speaker 1: I think Carto is the best, like any genre, like hip hop forever, damn, let's.
Speaker 2: Make you noise.
Speaker 3: He said that. You think I'm crazy?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't think crazy. I just never heard anybody say.
Speaker 3: That it's the best.
Speaker 1: Bro Like, I think the only person who could in hip hop who could go see if Carto was on smoke, Like yeah, I'm gonna go student and smoke this song. I don't think no one could chat to him. The only person who could probably go head to is probably like Eminem song.
Speaker 2: Wow, imagine that track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen cartol smoke wrappers, dancel artists. Yeah, he could smokes anything, like.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like, yeah, he's versus like he could.
Speaker 3: Go any any style flow the coldest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peckham or Brixton.
Speaker 3: I'm from Peckham. Okay, yea Brickston certified.
Speaker 1: That's brig is like the Bronx Andhams like Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Okay is that that kind of Yeah? I mean and then East London West from East East is like reminds me of like Harlow and then and then west kind of No, East reminds you of Queens. East reminds you of Queens because and then West reminds me of Harlem.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. Shava or super Cat, that's a that's a tough one. Legends, Supercut, we need both of them. Are drinking, Yeah, I drink drink Yeah, super Cat used to live a left right Well yeah, I might say Shaper though might be taking another shop Shap.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't Sho be the o G in that situation?
Speaker 1: No? Really, not really, He's not the same kind of time Shap, super the same kind of time like.
Speaker 2: Shamo would be at least a few years and they.
Speaker 3: Even clashed, did no, No, I think they did.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: I never heard of a class that they did.
Speaker 3: They did. Yeah, I think, I think.
Speaker 1: I think I'll say Shabo because Shabo lived longer, like he was still making bangers right right right, you know that was even like when he did he come back and beer got big guy he ca joints. Yeah, he got saying. So I'll say still supercuts the goat.
Speaker 3: Yeah about.
Speaker 1: Storms is a Canu stone cano for sure, that cano is a goat, like you know what I mean? Stones, He is cold though, Stones. You can sign up with the goats so that he can he can go to to toe with the goats, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: B o b or a boogie mm hmm a boogie.
Speaker 2: Estelle or adele.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And still is the family but adel Ale, But that's too different. That's totally shipping.
Speaker 5: These guys just wanted to to British people in branch. Yeah, they might throw in the Beatles legs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was a coach by two different things. I wouldn't, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So what so what's the answer, Yeah, okay, uh DJ Premiere Pete Rock mhm, it's gotta be Premier.
Speaker 2: Jay Z or Big daddy came.
Speaker 3: I say, big daddy came. That's that's that's the geez. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, I mean, okay, Jada kiss ther Nos, Yeah I kissed so there. Now we have to change this game where if you answer you drinking okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: A lot of obviously a lot of guests that you have up here have got relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna want to say for me, I'm clear on on the history. You know what I'm saying, history like forgot kiss.
Speaker 1: Its still going like the now I just heard them a eating that's a mad tea. How many years are we talking about? It's ridiculous. Yeah, ninety six. That's my bro Rockefeller of rough Riders.
Speaker 3: Ah no, it's not a shot. You know why. I know why. Let me tell you this way is here, this way is yeah, that's not even no, no, this is why this way it is even like even yeah, I'm just going to be like even even kissy wouldn't be happier. I don't know. This is so that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like my brethren there was all from like Warfrow, that's in South London. We're from Peckham, Warfrow, Peckham, but all the warthrow man then they used to be Rockefeller, yeah, and all.
Speaker 3: The pecker Man.
Speaker 1: It was like rough Rider was like you know what I'm saying, like d M X peoples and all that. Yeah, so then yeah those peoples so like we were. So then then then the war started the clash with the rock and.
Speaker 3: Rough Riders and that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then obviously, like I think the first one was that the it was like the kissing and and fat Joe. Is that the kiss and fat Joe sound? No, No, I'm saying like it's kind of like a subliminal and man was saying anyway, I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 3: And then obviously there was the kiss and put your hands up.
Speaker 1: Then then segu came with the mad thing like that was That's what Sea came with, brow that was mad.
Speaker 3: Even that that was so mad.
Speaker 1: I didn't even want to see no one from war through until I heard kiss as I was that's like me, I'm a music, you know what I'm saying. So I don't want to see none of these men. For them to talk about the seagull thing, because I know Seagull smoked that like talking about kicking the bull out of the park and you know what I mean. Then after so I'm waiting for Kiss. Then Kiss came back on the disco beat thing and that was cool and that, but after you know what I'm saying, after that Seaguel, that was you know what I mean. So I'm like, this is all right, Kiss going to bring another one. Then Seagull came straight back again straight after with the fucking on the special delivery free start when they went on radio and that remember the speculations, No, no, there weren't that one. Remember the special delivery free style and it's just smoking them kiss thee on the holiday remember that got So this is two now, I'm like, fucking ship.
Speaker 3: So that Seagull kind of won that, Like who'd you say that kissing seagull thing?
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know, I'm a sick a shot. I mean, it became more than that. It was stay proper against you know the locks.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I'm talking Kiss and Beanie Seagull, right, because there was where the headhorn chosen. Obviously, stars when stars come in, stars went kind of mad, remember stars like kicking fucking doors off, and you know what it was. It was a different back but kiss and you know, I say, yeah, so yeah it was more than that.
Speaker 3: But them times I could have admit, like kiss that Seagull.
Speaker 2: Took hit me like because your side was rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was rough rider, but I don't know that maybe twenty years there, I said, seagull kind of took that.
Speaker 3: I told the mad one to get me. So I'm I just wanted to show the homage for like the Rock and that, but man's rough riders, like you know.
Speaker 1: Did you hear? I don't know if this is true, Beanie Seagull new ship.
Speaker 4: With Ai no with the voice, and she sounds great and in that case, Ai is fucking dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually liked some of the with the with the new voice as well. It still sounds cold like I thought I was coold, but yeah, bottom lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rough Riders, Okay, Damian Molly or Sean Paul give me.
Speaker 1: The life.
Speaker 3: You kind of going? I felt like two different things.
Speaker 1: But I'll say Sean Porter shompaols really do you know why I'll say shampoo because like Sean Paul has grinded, Like remember I remember when he used to be like dotty Cup, remember, yeah, like it was like Luga man and and Shompaul could always that proper spit, you know what I'm saying, Like he could he darts away, he could spit, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then obviously he's probably took it the most serious and then he's taking it to the crazy levels, you know what I'm saying. Like, so Man's got a lot of respect for shoomp Pool yet me. But obviously Damian Marley's gone. That's that, you know what I'm saying. I'll say, for how hard shoomp Pools were, and he's quod spit, I'll.
Speaker 3: Say shooting pool.
Speaker 2: He's got a crazy cattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a colo.
Speaker 2: So you said Sean Paul, Yeah, I say shoot.
Speaker 1: Boys in the hood, boys in the hood or minister Society. I take a shot. Okay, Oh Man cheers h l a, oh Miami mm hmmm, I like Miami in her for real or Kanye mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one. What are you talking about that he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Say that whatever? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could take a bag of beach just beats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So that's a weird one. So you only gets weirder, I was, I was, Yeah, I'll just take the shot.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. I don't know, you know what what I wanted to know. I was watching the phar Real documentary in it and then it was talking about when you look made super fucking yeah, we say funking it.
Speaker 3: That's how different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but he was telling the story cold, but you know, the only But I was thinking, like I wanted to know, like he told the whole suit, but then tell the bit like when it was in the Philippines, You're in the mansion, you know, So I was thinking, what was how did you think cut that bit?
Speaker 3: Was it not true?
Speaker 1: Like you know, you know what I'm saying already on the track that was already I'm actually be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I never paid attention to that part, bro, that's.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But once the beat drop, I was like, that was it?
Speaker 2: He said like Noriega, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, all right, that's the first time I heard somebody make a beat.
Speaker 3: For me using my name.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't that.
Speaker 4: It was like, once that sound dropping, I said that, I was just like, oh, I need, I need to play with this. And I knew that was a different sound. And I know I sound like a genius now, but I swear to god, I knew that ship then, you know what I mean, I was just like all right cool, And like I said, I wrote the whole rhyme right there in the Kent Hotel and I flew back the next day and I went to a studio called Right Track Recording Studio on forty eighth Street, and I laid the whole ship.
Speaker 1: That's one track. That's one whole track, one take, one take.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know because well.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how to. I didn't know how to punch it. That's what he says.
Speaker 3: That's why I always say it wasn't even I was at the time, what what what what? Okay?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What?
Speaker 2: I didn't know how to do. All I want to do is right wrap And but.
Speaker 1: That is you still kind of I'm still calling still yeah, because I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That it's just in the future with it.
Speaker 1: Anversity still counted its structured correctly. You know, rella kept that you know it was for genius one that yeah, he took the ones out if the original hook is going to say one on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like I don't even know how you kept me on beat.
Speaker 4: Like I've never asked him that question, and I've never asked him about.
Speaker 3: The the intro.
Speaker 2: Neither like a gonna lie.
Speaker 1: We just said that just now, like twenty seven years later, kind of.
Speaker 3: Id that you never lied. That's because basically I'm just never gonna know what.
Speaker 1: Wait, did I never act? I say, it's good that you never lied. Yeah, no, yeah, because you know what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know not to take it.
Speaker 1: You're kind to remember that part. Like if we're not perform it, I go straight into the wood my mother for the last twenty years. That shit doesn't even exist. Yeah, by the way, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It starts from yeah and then he goes to Philippines or whatever.
Speaker 1: But my performance it goes what what what?
Speaker 3: So we don't we take that ship out? Okay? So like so you don't even put that in the show? In the show kind of fucking me up.
Speaker 1: If I went to the live show and I heard that, because I've never seen that, right right right, right right, No, But I went to the lift shot and I didn't hear you in the Philip because that's.
Speaker 3: The bit where you're that's the bit where you're wking.
Speaker 4: Now it's you know what I'm saying REI when I performing, I'm performing near the end of the show, like already I want to jump in, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want me to jump in. That's not fa Like, yeah, that's not fash.
Speaker 1: And it's like as soon as you hit the helicopters, your subconsciously you heard the intro in your mind. You But those people like like Swiss to this day always says to me, yo, you know you never let the beat drop from bad being crazy. It's like, no one actually knows that that's the first loop, that beat beat. It's not there, not the beat. So it's like, yeah, the whole sun mastered it that she's still twenty seven years like your music a movie, a movie, bro.
Speaker 3: Shot for that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we'll get right back.
Speaker 5: But the fun fact about the Philippines thing, his DJ now is from the Philipps DJ is, but he wasn't that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't meet up to that same exact year. So you got to do it where he says the Philippines, I've never thought about it.
Speaker 3: I tell you, this is the first time. That's that's important.
Speaker 1: Let's do that, Okay, podcast or radio.
Speaker 3: It's the same, it's the same for me, to be honest. Yeah, that's the same ship.
Speaker 1: Were drinking because it's both Okay, yeah, man, I.
Speaker 3: Mean what's the difference really, what's.
Speaker 1: Long form and one is radio based, one is music based, and one is we can do this on radio because it's long form, you can't do on radio short conversations between radio.
Speaker 3: I guess you know. Yeah, let me get that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, got you Okay, you ready, don't scar face? Oh no, no no no, he said both Okay, my bad, and you gotta get this one anyway. I just realized what it says, cheers the heavenly socky is nice.
Speaker 1: That drinks nice too, heavenly sky sake. Yeah that And I ain't even a sucky guy. I wasn't.
Speaker 3: He turned me out boss kind.
Speaker 4: I kind of listened to what anything said sad period like could be like, listen, man, We're gonna walk to the top of the mountain and talk to a Chinese monk and rub our beads and we must we must not have on those socks. And I'm gonna be like, let's go Rizz like he's been proving that he's the abbot, so he's he told us that this soul.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go Scarface or ice Cube.
Speaker 3: Cute man, that's my guy. Yeah, that's the cue that that's the for me, that's the main guy. He was one of my favorite scar is a go to Scarface is code w A and and everything. I didn't even think.
Speaker 1: You can't even ask me about anyone against them n w A. You know what I'm saying, Scarfaces code.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And I know I'm a little off subject, but still on subject.
Speaker 4: I really kind of realized that, I know we spoke about this before that Scarface made the Fix, like like that was a classic album made recently, Like that.
Speaker 2: Was in the last ten years, right, No, no, now more than ten years. But I mean I was on with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was on classic, classic, classic albums of a legend that came before me. That I was actually on the same label with him. I just thought about that the other day, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, last one I got one time London or Kingston, London.
Speaker 3: I'm from London.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to.
Speaker 4: But London is my ends, the last one, last one. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: Loyal t Okay, respect, that's the s Yeah, I respect him.
Speaker 1: He's going to be loyal. Yeah, you know what I mean. I respect that. No, take a shot. I mean cool.
Speaker 4: So now, how the hell and where was you at when you get a call and they say, the man Dim, the light Skinned God, the six God wants to work with you. And did you tell do you hang up on these people that ship the podcast?
Speaker 5: You like?
Speaker 1: Of course, and of course he wants to work with me, But how did this happen when you get the call? If I'm honest, this is honesty. Like I remember I was making my album The Landlord, Yes, called the Landlord. So I was making this album and then I remember I was making the track called whipping that Skirts and you get.
Speaker 2: Me, Yeah, I got that in my notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, And I was and I was saying something like missus in the crib, you know, I'm keeping up photo and we don't take pictures, you know, I'm keeping up personal like you know.
Speaker 3: Like them kind of days.
Speaker 1: I weren't really posting no women or girl friends are So that was like for the mandem, like you know what I'm saying, Like you know, like the girl's like what do you post me?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: That that was for us, like keep opening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this part is cold and you know that you you can you can see Drake loves women, Like I said, that's so called. Drake's going to hit me up personally about that one. Then I dropped Landlord and then like it started ringing off and then then Drake d m me, you haven't you haven't met I ain't even met Hi or not, and then he d m me said Yo, that Landlord things mud you get me like and then yeah, then we just said yeah, man, I got a banger still, like I wanted to send it over, like, what do you reckon? I could this is you saying he's saying that to me, saying that to you, He's saying, yeah, I got this, I got this, I got this tune. So I wanted to send it over, will you reckon?
Speaker 3: Can I send it?
Speaker 1: And I was thinking, yeah, where I was I was, I was just in some car parties. There's a restaurant there called Harvester in London, so I was in a Harvester car park just waiting for food. And then yeah, I just see that DM like and I was like Trizzy that Yeah, these times that Dizzy weren't really like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm tying? You know, when it was that mysterious, that kind of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me, like, did you have to look back and make sure the blue check was there one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: I was like I looked at that few Can I send you these times?
Speaker 1: Like you're not hearing You've heard every Drizzy tune?
Speaker 3: There is the hair in it.
Speaker 1: You know, there weren't no leaks, you know what I'm saying, Like it was this was that an exclusive Drizzy in my phone? You know what I'm saying. At that time, I was a math thing, but yeah, that's crazy and they were both his records. Yeah, so then I've done that first one, the no Long Talked one, and then then he hit me about the He sent me km T.
Speaker 3: It was Christmas t yeah, and it was like yeah what he said?
Speaker 2: What to or more life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he sent me k m T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said famous Christmas said it said the rest even on Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's from Christmas and yah only don't celebrate Christmas in London. Celebrate we know, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving? O't my bad like your life, that's our independence from us. Last year it was my first fourth of July here. Yeah, yeah, that was a vibe. Still my son was out here, and you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So do you do? Do you are?
Speaker 2: You're making a new album now?
Speaker 3: Just making bangs.
Speaker 1: I'm just making veangals, laughing them out like is Dick? Can we project that Drizzy might be on your new ship?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I just cook like okay, you know what I'm saying. I got bad.
Speaker 1: I've always got sign okay from somewhere like okay, but then there's me, you know what I mean. Okay, let me ask you. God comes down right now, Giggs.
Speaker 4: You get to pick one producer and one artist, and this record is gonna save humanity.
Speaker 2: It's gonna stop World War three.
Speaker 3: It looks like we had it towards there.
Speaker 1: Who are you picking what artists and what producer?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I could do you one, but probably need to.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you if you take a shot, you two.
Speaker 3: Now, I'll just have not because it's the same thinger in it. That's easy. Just it would be Dre okay, and I'll just bring Hove in to right the US.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know what I'm saying, doctor Dre. And yeah, d you said d you said Drake makes the beat and whole writes the verse for for Dre. Okay, your weight.
Speaker 2: You want to that was.
Speaker 1: That's because Drake gets to to be on the production and he gets to be the feature.
Speaker 3: Oh I need that's the trick.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: That's what he said, I need to do.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was true, and that's the go. That's the biggest Dre.
Speaker 2: He's a big n w A fan.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's the biggest. No, nah no, but I do see the correlation of it. That's a big w A. I'm a bigger the n w A fan. But I think he got me. Yeah, make it out of here.
Speaker 2: You're not a bigger w A fan. I told you to have me scared.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 3: That's that question that hell take a shot, So get up to No.
Speaker 2: But let's let's go.
Speaker 5: Actually, let's rewind a little bit because I feel like we skipped over a lot and we ain't going back.
Speaker 2: To like early your career because you.
Speaker 5: Started rhyming a little bit later, right or making make or actually making records later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys got locked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I started music like yeah when it's when things started popping out at twenty eight, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so, yeah, it's late, but you was, that's what you were in already. I think that's yeah. I went, I went to jail when I.
Speaker 2: Was twenty one, but you got already started making music.
Speaker 3: I was flooting with it, you know, flooding means yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's another.
Speaker 4: It was messing with hope that he reminds you of us, because I believe he got on at that age too. People consider that a lot of age, like twenty seven and twenty eight, So I think that's one of the reasons too.
Speaker 1: Right, because then then you've seen like well it depends how your life set, but then you've seen like in the in the hood anyway you're going to see have seen the most by fucking twenty eight, bro, you know what I'm saying, going to see it? Oh right, So by then you're in music like it's just going to be hard to be a superstar.
Speaker 3: Then did you think what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Did you do think it was something that legitimately you could do?
Speaker 3: Then yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah of course, because I did it, Like you know what I'm saying, Like it was like, yeah, this is what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Because you started popping when you were still inside. No no, no, no, it wasn't starting to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was music out, but because you went in twice, yeah yeah. When I went in the second time, I was popping. Okay, yeah yeah yeah I was. I was mainstream then, right, you know what I'm saying, Like I was, I was geeks, you know what I mean? But yeah, the first time when I went in, yeah, I was just like like starting to make music and that. But even before that, I used to d J, right, I used to DJ dancell you get me and that Because there's different definitions of DJ.
Speaker 3: DJ, like real dj.
Speaker 2: DJ is there in Jamaica. J is the chatting they rap ryan Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah yeah, fair fair play fair okay yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: DJ like scratch mix but that was dancing and hip hop to be honest, but it was more dancing. But I used to like mixed hip hop as ll you know what I'm saying, because that was that's what there was then in it like it was it was hip hop and it was well then we used to call it.
Speaker 3: Raga what you call dancel. Yeah in London, raga, raga muffin.
Speaker 2: I mean we would say raga button never heard as the name for dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, yeah, well you listen to raga.
Speaker 2: Yeah interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I and then fast forward girls like we'll say Bashman. You know what I'm saying. Like when you fast forward to like I don't know, like the two thousands or something, they say, oh, you listened to Bashman. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: But then I saw some interview and some girl was from London name z Ezy. She was interviewing Beanie Man and she would say, yeah, so Bashman, is that what's that sounds? Yeah, we don't. We don't call that that thought, like, you know what I'm saying. So now Man says it's correct me alight.
Speaker 2: So so then your second you go in for the second time, but you.
Speaker 1: Already gets for a hammer Yeah, yeah, first strap, So now your gigs?
Speaker 3: What the second time? Now? Yeah, I've got like record label had you at that time then still banned from tour, but you but your music is going up and there popping.
Speaker 1: You can't those shows nothing couldn't come to America, was banned from radio, TV all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what was the second time for strapped again? But I'm taking a shot for it.
Speaker 2: Leading up to you.
Speaker 5: Being now gigs before the second time, who's the people that, like, is anybody inspiring you?
Speaker 2: Like, what's the scene around.
Speaker 3: At that time? And them times it was.
Speaker 2: And I'm asking this because we're ignorant of the scene.
Speaker 3: Talking about what's the scene in the U K For you?
Speaker 2: Inspire you specifically?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Oh, inspire me from America or UK whatever is inspiring you at the time. So them times, yeah, them times it's like me and Skepta and that's when, No, that's a bit before storms, and it was like that's when like because remember first I said, it was just like it was just me from the streets kind of bring up some gangster ship. But like just before I went, that's when the streets started getting signed. Now, so now that the hood niggas are coming into the mainstream, you know what I mean. So there was like loads of rappers like Becky Jay, Spades, Benny Banks, Joe, there was there was mad niggas are coming in like like there's money in this music too. That's when it was that time. Everyone's coming now and they wrapped get just to do it. They correct it was right, No, it was good. There was a lot of talent, you know, but there was still niggas on the streets. You know how that goes, Like a lot of men didn't make it. God, you know what I'm saying. Like they did, they probably did, lasted like ten years or something, you know what I mean, and then hip hop two years.
Speaker 3: You know, it goes to the streets. Man everyone, Yeah, everyone.
Speaker 1: Thinks they're superstars straight, you know, it goes man niggas. Yeah, me, Like, some man don't really care about music like that. They just care about the fame, so that ruins their career. You know what I'm saying, Like, I know, disrespect to anyone, but you're not focused on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So like but that time, that's when the streets started coming through, now you know what I mean. And then I went to jail.
Speaker 5: You get me because I heard you saying in an interview that people getting signed like that actually calmed the streets down.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. The streets is way like.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and five to no, I'll say two thousand and yeah, five to ten. The streets was mad. So in that sense, hip hop saved one hundred percent a lot of people.
Speaker 3: That's what from you. You guys, we watched you lock and like because you love from the streets.
Speaker 1: I was watching you, was watching like no limit For me personally, that's like master and that was like master P was the ones who made me No limit. MASTERP that's who made me actually think I need.
Speaker 3: To do this music, like you know what I'm saying, like blueprint. Yeah, they just reminded.
Speaker 2: They just reminded me of like you being independent was that major part.
Speaker 1: It was more like there was just like some crazy savage niggas and that was just the mandom at that time. Like that's that's why then we called ourselves Spare No One. That's s M one, That's what's s N one. So like that was off master P, No Limit. It was like, yeah we're savage spare no One. No one's getting spared like niggas up, like you know what I'm saying. So that was when we started, you know what I mean. So that was more man's influence.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it real.
Speaker 4: Do London people look at Americans and be like mind them don't know how to dress because you're motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Put on scoffs. You got the pepper peel jackets like you you know, you know you know that we know y'all got style in London, you got you know what I'm saying, like, do y'all look.
Speaker 4: At keep it real, keep it real. Do y'all sometimes look at Americans and be like ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think that. I think I think that just depends on the person. It's the person, Okay, it's the person. You know what I'm saying, Like, like you got like mine in London and contrasts so man in London, you can and you look.
Speaker 4: Because like a person in Harlem will they always claim another Harlem person But yeah, because we from Hall and that's the way how we do it.
Speaker 3: Personal queens will say that person.
Speaker 1: From That's why I said, like Harlem, you not say Harlem is a fly niggas well then I don't know back then you don't say the Harlem. That's why Harlem reminds me of like West London because them man are like like but they're still but they're still gangsters even you know what I'm saying. It just it just he's from East Okay, he's from East in my mind, yeah, yeah, no, I like the way you're not dressed look like even like now, most of the stuff I wear is from New York. Okay, okay, you know what I'm saying, Like most of the like the stacks, so like, you know what I'm saying, even like here, it's the first place I'll see man wearing shorts and a shirt like like but noting man wearing shorts and socks.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, you know, down to the.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Now, in my head, I think, how's that gonna work? You know what I'm saying, Like maybe like White in London might do that. I told him that's like white, it's my dress about Nigga Mande dressing like that. Yeah, But then I come out hand I think, I think, you know what, it's kind of works, you get me? So a lot of this I would take style from here as well, right, you know, so I couldn't even say that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And to be honest, like.
Speaker 1: We've we've copied a lot of you lot star like in it from remember hip hop, like I don't know, nineties or something, baggy jeans and that that's why London would be wearing baggy jeans, you know what I'm saying. And then I think after a while London was like, you know what, we're doing our own thing. That's when we were straight jeans. And then you say, yeah, I've been the skinny jeans. I didn't say. I won't say we invented it. I won't say we invented it.
Speaker 2: Straight and skinny and two different things.
Speaker 3: That's that's what that's like. Yeah, that's yeah, that's not.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: But then we'll be like, yeah, straight jeans like a clean jumper, us jump as a swell like a clean jumper.
Speaker 3: Sure that would be mad. And then we're like, this is London, you know what.
Speaker 1: And then now it's like everyone's like American man, We're just like UK and vice versa.
Speaker 4: We gotta get we gotta get this one out out the way. Central scene defended a lot of New York people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the tracksuits, the clean Nike tech.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we didn't even know you had Nike out there. Yeah no, no, no, no, that's cool.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: But that's the same for us. Okay, so that's that's the same for us, Like Mama's even when I come here.
Speaker 1: Because you remember, naking text is a special tepe.
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, I'm answer.
Speaker 1: I can answer you like even so even for me, Yeah, when I was like, remember I'm fanned for ten years, right, Okay, you know I'm saying, I don't know what's going You get me. So then I've come out here and then the man them were wearing Nike.
Speaker 3: Text like you get me.
Speaker 1: And remember this is after COVID, so everyone's masked up now as well. Nike text and a mosque.
Speaker 3: You get me. That's what I'm coming and seeing in New York. You get me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, ro this is like the ends, like you know, then you get me? So even for me, I thought, right, this is how you look dressed. But I'm not gonna jump and say we started that because I don't know you know, and it's nick remember next worldwide that's everywhere. You know what I'm saying, like you get me? So but what like I think it's more the Internet, Yeah, you know the one. The Internet is like it just like makes things worse than it is. This is like that's a kid, he's like a couple of years older than my son.
Speaker 3: How the fun is he going to know? You know what I'm saying, that's the fact.
Speaker 1: How the it so like you got like grown men, like even a couple of my American regidents who are older. What's this?
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you calling me about this? That's a kid? Like say like Main may no, that's my bread. He knows my son. Yeah, if my son said that, Maine is not going to call me about that. He's not going to call what's mill say? He's going to be like, he's a kid, what's he going to know?
Speaker 1: Because of the Internet Central seed is big, he must know what happens in London and America, you know what I'm saying, Like when really he just didn't know. It's just like is big Now he got a little like, well, ignorant is the word, you know what I'm saying. It was ignorant to that, and he said something on camera, you know, we we've all done it, but really, what the is he going to know? He's a little kid, bro. And then after he said and then after he said, yeah, maybe you did have like you know what I mean, because I mean you could go back to old NAS video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can see it wasn't called Nike back. Yeah, it was a special version.
Speaker 1: Of the like yeah, yeah, of course, of course, yeah, but yeah, that's it. Yeah, man, that's yeah, that's that's with a lot of the stuff similar when I come over now everything is just the same ship like just in different ways and the cultures. It's a tiny bit because remember, like I said, you got Dominicans, Porto Ricans, Belizeans. Now we got Jamaicans. Try right, columb you know what I'm saying. So like even a lot of them things will be sprinkled into U Lot's culture as well, and then it's American culture, you know what I'm saying. So a lot of stuff we don't know about vice versa, right, you know what I'm saying. So I just wouldn't jump up and say we done this for so we cause we don't know you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So let me let me ask you. There's two more rule more questions over that. Now this is a this is something that I mean Richard Millie and I'm getting my band switched, so I askedly. So the guy's like, hey, why are you doing this? I'm like, hey, I'm going to London, and he'said, do not whar you're watching London? Now For some reason, I had searched that and there's literally videos of people coming up to people no I'm talking about. I guess they were chopping their hands on. I guess they didn't want to ask you.
Speaker 3: I'm yet to see this video. Well you know what they coming up to people? Yeah, buteah know.
Speaker 2: You know what I said, that the actual chop hands off.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying. They come, they could have said case Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if I was watching a I or if this Now.
Speaker 1: I followed this watch dealer. I followed this watch dealer as a Chinese guy, and he walks around London all the time with watching. He has no problem, so that said Bud. But yeah, him, man, it's like his little his little watch crew.
Speaker 4: I mean, he has people following around with an umbrella, so obviously the guy must have a ham on them, I'm guessing. But but is that a real problem in London, like with the watch Coulture.
Speaker 3: Like, let's that the same thing as here?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you know what I'm saying. If you're like out of a Diamond district. Yeah, and you know I don't know who you are, it could happen. Even if I know who you are, it could happen. You know, I'm saying it's the same ship, like but them kind of clips or more in. What you're saying is more in like central area. Okay, so that's like Times Square or something like Times Square. That's like central Okay, west End we call it. Yeah, that's like where the tourists are at. Okay.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So like people are robbing tourists, like there's no comebacks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like the chopping of the hand I heard, I'm just chopping.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: You know what I would love I would love to make England sound wicked, like I said, Yeah, I love to say that, but I ain't seen it. Maybe maybe with that catching I believe it behind and there's booths and that that was the caption.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why, like I blie catch the chopped off for yeah, something like that. You know the same, it's exact same here man a jumping out, jumping off of moped's hair with machines the swing that watch. Same, it's exact same ship that Everything that happens here happens there and all over the world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, gangsters all over.
Speaker 1: The world, everywhere has got anywhere, there's poverty, there's gangsters or there's no I wouldn't even say gangster. I'd say people who are desperate. Do you understand? So anywhere that is, it's going to be jumpy, right, you know what I mean? I was going to take a shot to that, but I was thinking maybe not Yeah, but no, because those are the people who show us loved I saw people.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, so how did you hook up with twenty one Savage?
Speaker 3: Savage?
Speaker 1: Because he for the UK too, it's from UK. I think I just I think I just hit Savage and DM. You know, Okay, Wow, the Savage is proper. That's that's a smart nigga.
Speaker 3: Bro. Let me even talk his business.
Speaker 1: But yeah, about Savage, he's he's still like he like even when I talked to Savage, he will shocked me, like because he is just how he knows the ends. He knows like names of streets you know, in detail in London, like he knows what's going on, who's who? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, how far removed is he from from?
Speaker 3: He's not far removed.
Speaker 2: He's connected in Atlanta. How can you be connected in both?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like like if you're outside looking in remember like that we've studied all of you lot. You know what I'm saying, like, remember you on the on our screens our whole life, like man like nor and that. You know I'm saying, like on our screen growing up. That's studying, right right, you know what I'm saying. So you come out here, now, he's good kid, come out here and it's cool. It's America, you know what I'm saying, Like, so you know what I mean, Like, and he's probably cool. He's from London, you know, even though people he said, he was saying people he said disrespect his accent and.
Speaker 3: There was always fighting.
Speaker 1: But so he's going to like he's gonna I'm saying, he's going to have the knowledge of both worlds, right, you know what I'm saying. Like, So, so for him to get to the top, Like me personally, I'm not really surprised because I see a lot of London niggas come out here, they get to the top. Canadian niggas they get Americans go to London, they get to the top.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, I see American, like I see Maine come to London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one time I remember was that with Maine and and he's saying, yeah, we're going to this after party. We're in London. Yeah, it's like four o'clock in the morning. But you know New York niggas, you know, don't sleep like you man now all night. So I'm saying, man, we're not finding no after party in London at four am, bro because and we're in central this is the city. Yeah, I'm saying, this ain't happening. But I thought, let me follow him and see where he's going on. Yeah, So then we're walking in the middle of Leicester Square. Now I'm saying one hundred percent, no, nothing's happening tonight.
Speaker 3: This is Leicester Square, this is the top flay me.
Speaker 1: Then we pull up, pull up to some spot and mean it's like yeah, yeah these times there's like fifty of us as well, like like fifty man girls.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, this ain't happening. Next thing, we're walking in and it's a big settings.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like, but that's what I'm saying, Like like American that the man then always do it the biggest always, That's what I noticed. Like, anyway you have a great time, you do it the biggest way. You know, the biggest guy. You got the big pattern and means settings like motion. Yeah, me here, you know, I got the biggest settings like and Maine just come and showed me sign in my own sea, Like you know what I'm saying. But that's what I'm saying about when we come over here or like do you know what I mean? Like we're outside looking in and yeah that's twenty one savage bro.
Speaker 3: Now it's the biggest rapper in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to complain about like the South and not get in love in New York, And I believe complain.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you what you now.
Speaker 3: You like didn't show the South no love. I remember, listen, listen, let me tell you how I know. No, no, let me tell you no, no wait wait, let me tell you how I know. Yeah, because I remember I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because my granddad he used to live in Brownsville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so will in brook Yeah we have a brother here, yeah yeah, and I'm Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: So I talk about brows Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in browns in Brooklyn, Yeah, with my with my granddad's yeah and them time.
Speaker 3: I used to listen to Oh No Limit.
Speaker 1: I had every single No Limited album the time them albums are twenty pounds, that's like fucking thirty dollars twenty pound. Used to buy every single No Limit album. Yeah me, yeah, and I'm on the block and I used to want to play my Silk the Charka and my mat and all that, and I put this on your ear true or that I'll put that ship. This is hard. And then the man on the block, I turned that ship off, man. And then they were saying, play your Rule, let's page your Rules first album, and I was like, I want to listen to this, man, listen to fucking no lip by them times.
Speaker 3: They was not hearing it. And then about a year later that's when they started playing Bling Bling. I remember Bling Bling was into you and there was he was saying to me, would you know about that blame? And I said, you might didn't want to listen to this.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I got vindicated all the way over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah I saw that firsthand. Okay, outcast is different. That's the artcasting more commercial. And I'm talking like yeah yeah cool, like you're talking like like like me and your cousin and like before that, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Remember, it's different fro him up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like not but we used to fuk with Outcastle, but I don't. I feel like outcasts a bit more commercial though. I know you're saying underground and that, but it's not like no limit, no limit, no, you know you get me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I want to what was your point that you're gonna make though about the if complains no.
Speaker 4: Because I was trying to say the hook that it's now kind of even in itself out the love everywhere like me personally. I don't know if y'all know, but I was like the first famous guy to shout out London in a mean way. Westwood I said I played the best hood. I said the best hood with Tim Westwood. That was crazy if you knew that this is one of the number one records.
Speaker 1: I played the best hood. O T with Tim Westwood used to be on section.
Speaker 2: Now my section is good. People didn't even know I shout out the mandendamn man.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was a figure in London. That was Tim Westwood. Tim Westwood represented London. He was the master place all that time, even them times. Westwood used to play that bit on the radio. This is radio what you play that part over and over? Amazing, this is Radio one. They do like this is like like they play that stuff in like stores in London. We put in shops. They played that in the shop in London. Yeah, like where like old people they don't listen to hip hop basically, and that's Radio One, that's what plays in there.
Speaker 3: And he's like.
Speaker 1: For about five ten minutes that one go to be honest, I went to London. I fell in love with London, and I was just like, yo, I have to have to do something to come back. And I knew that I if I shoutowed it out and then and for years.
Speaker 3: People don't know you know London.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell the story when you're and you said you had the madness with the bouncers, know what you Because it's involved a couple couple of people that maybe not there's no way to say it differently publicly.
Speaker 3: Trust me.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 3: It didn't work.
Speaker 1: I got I've already said that. Okay, you get which said you said it was in London. Yeah, and then yeah, the madness is and bounces and he could save him, yes, And they didn't save him.
Speaker 3: But that's bounces.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's not that's not even a bad story. That's not like if you saw a bunch of street niggas and say, that's what's everyone has madness bouncing. They put him in a full something else and bro, I ain't got I've never really seen a girl man in the full Nelson.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was shocked. I didn't know where was Where was you in London? Though I don't remember with water in London.
Speaker 2: I just know it was us Big Daddy came.
Speaker 4: It was a rocket for the event, like it was like something that I didn't I think this was going to happen.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but I love London. But that's that's the later year, you know. But I'm saying, yeah, yeah, for London man to hear Noriega was in London and had the Manus bounces. Yes, those are the stories.
Speaker 3: That's not knows London.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the stuff. Well, you got to realize that later's tough people.
Speaker 3: Care about that.
Speaker 4: That's that's in the middle of two thousands, in the middle of you know, the late two thousands and tens.
Speaker 2: But you got to be skipping over a whole other part.
Speaker 4: What happened was Kapona Noriega, which was the album that came out before and r E was so big to this day, Comona Noriega, it's bigger than nor in London. Like that's a big yeah, that's that's bigger than Nori in London. And so nor coming out there. That's the reason why I said Tom Westwood was because because I'm like, I want to come go back out there, you know what I mean? And Noriega so much love, but so I want to take the time.
Speaker 3: About being in the streets. Maybe in the streets because that No album was big, big.
Speaker 1: You know what. Let me describe that a little better.
Speaker 3: It was big first.
Speaker 4: Yeah and foundation and then you know what I'm not But I'm not going to take away from that comments them under that underground audience like the mop. Like the best thing about London is I could get two shows.
Speaker 1: I can do a component Origga show early and I could do a Norrie show at night.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And that's one million percent. But I want to take a time because I haven't said this. I really understood UK hip hop. I understood London scene. And that's the reason why I shouted it out early and yes, you guys are welcome.
Speaker 2: We gotta do a live dream Champions and London for sure, for sure, I will tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: We got to be on time.
Speaker 4: We got to be on time. One time we came late. They do not like that ship like that ship yo. So okay, now we got Davis. Didn't you make a record with Davies? How did that happen?
Speaker 1: And Davies that's my bridge still Like one time he come London and he come to the studio and I remember, I.
Speaker 3: Can't lie that day. I was a great host. I'm not going to lie to you. Like even the East doesn't know. He's going to know.
Speaker 1: Now, Like that day, I was having an argument with one thing like that I used to beat then. So I was trying to get back to the ting. But Davis is in London. This is Davis. But you know, when you're beefing with a ting like, you can't think about nothing else the ting, tinging.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I flew down to the studio linked East and I had the chef in the studio and all the chef caught in some yard food and I said, yeah, man, this is your house, man, you get me, do your thing. I left all the soldiers there and this is you.
Speaker 3: You get me. Then I went back to the ting, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, so obviously that's me and East link from then you get me right then obviously when I got my visa, then I've come back head and I linked with East and that's the mandam you know what I'm saying. Yeah, and he's cold as well. Obviously, man's a big fun you know what I mean, Like this is cold.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I just met with Dave easton bottle Yeah, me and he's got a couple of trucks, so you know what I mean. But obviously that one day and made the album. You know you think that, like everybody has a podcast right now?
Speaker 2: Have you been thinking about doing a podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm sure somebody came up to you and it was like, yeah, no, it's not for me, man, really, you like the first rapper that said that, let me make.
Speaker 3: Some everybody else so greedy.
Speaker 2: It's learning to get a little crazy. The Frog the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's why I like And I don't even go on a lot of podcasts, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of them are just negative. Man. You know what I'm saying, Like you you've had success, yes, yes, yes, you know what I'm saying. We're giving people they flower a little man just going because they still want to rap. Really, you know what I'm saying. You get me, but like it's not really yet me. So they're just like negative. I'm not really into it, you know, and it's grown men like legends like being negative. But when you come, when you watch drink Champs, you laugh.
Speaker 2: To celebrate stuff.
Speaker 3: You click for rumors, this one you say, yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, let me hear like man's watching like a three four hour cartel or something or fucking the other day I watched Boodo, you know what I'm saying, or like or like five or so you get me, like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the other ones so I'm not really.
Speaker 4: That was even the beauty about us doing business. Bleak right now, Bleak is keeping that tradition too. He has no controversy, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, because he just started one. We got a whole network.
Speaker 3: You don't got your own.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah yeah, and we're doing it right.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Everyone that's down with us kind of owns their own material, you know what I mean, Like we don't want to like, we don't want to be those guys that claim this. Yeah, we want to help launch and yeah yeah, yeah, right now, that's dope. But have anybody ever approached you to do a podcast? Yeah that's not Yeah, that's dope. Yeah, that's dope. But all right, so you I asked you earlier, but I want to reiterate it so the fans can know. So you were saying that we were making singles, we're not. We're not focused on making an album or EP right now. No, i't even make ap okay, so no EPs for me. Okay, that's small. Let me not, let me not disrespect, right, it's not for me. But right now, yeah, I'm just drumping music because.
Speaker 1: It's it's the game is kind of at a time where everyone's kind of scared, Like you know what I mean, You're right, everyone's just scared to drop music. Remember before man was just lacing Bangersam, look who he's talking about like rough Riders, and you know what I'm saying. And even away from that, there're still a lacing banger. You're still catch another ten to fifteen Kisses Off, fifteen Going Right, and the a T more fucking team r lest.
Speaker 3: Or you know what I'm saying, Like you get me.
Speaker 1: But now it's just like everyone's just focused on Yeah, I've got to get the numbers, and it's just not about music, isn't it. So now I'm just enjoying music and just lacing bangers like yummy and that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 5: Well let's go actually go back to the to the slick Rick joint. How did that come about? Because it's a good album, yeah, you know project and.
Speaker 2: Then you even getting that call?
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Because it so slick He's on Idris's album, I'm labeling it.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah it's and well he produced it for sure, what's it's just seven Wallace seven Company, now that's his label. And then Nars Massive. I think I think it's a joint. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I feel like it is. I'm not sure, but yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't quote me.
Speaker 1: I was just watching the interview, but I saw like Slicky was saying, like, yeah, I had to get that nas from hip hop, I mean from New York and gigs from London. It's like, oh geez, you get me. So yeah, it just his team rents obviously it just is the mandam you know what I mean. Yeah, they reached out to man it says slip Rick, and then they sent it to me. And Man's got a fresh slit rick. Remember in the beginning. Yeah, all this stuff starts.
Speaker 3: On your phone.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying That man sent me the slit Rick Like same thing that Drake, you know what I mean, fucking the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing.
Speaker 4: Like I'm taking a shot for this. You get me, you got shut come on the way you describe.
Speaker 2: Sorry, keep going here, going strutting your phone?
Speaker 3: Does that seem like it's not like Guru hit me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know one, but listen showed me the whole you know what I'm saying, Like, this is little stuff I'm a fan of, Like even like when you say young girl, like rocker, rock girl, yeah, younger, Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Heard you was in Disney World.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was in Disney you know what I'm saying, Like, so like, yes, I remember, I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: I grew up.
Speaker 1: You can see I'm a fan now, like of the whole thing. You get me, like even like slip Rick, like manuged to listen to Lardie Darli and my walkman walking to with Slick Wick. You got to slip Reckcord. Where was you at? I can't I can't remember that one Universus Studios. I can't remember that. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be lying. I can't remember. But I just remember when I got that the slip Wrists. I'm like, this is slip Rick, that one after Diverse. You're saying, yeah, but I just said, call my mom and that that's them one that mom.
Speaker 3: I got to Slick, you know.
Speaker 2: Like he's like the first twenty one Savage. If you think about it.
Speaker 1: He is. Yeah, that's bro. That's great bro. You know d people don't even know he's English. Right, yeah, even we never kind of denied it. Even my l she was like, right, it's from u K.
Speaker 2: They were trying to they were trying to deport him. It was a big old there was a big movement.
Speaker 3: Why does Slick go back to jail? I think it was a gun?
Speaker 2: Was a gun gun too?
Speaker 1: You think, yeah, yeah, you're following his steps, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah so yeah, that like bro man man is walking to school listening to Lardie D And that's my classic. You know, I would have never ever fought in the future walking to school. I'm going to have that in my phone.
Speaker 3: Family. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Ye know yourself.
Speaker 3: Let me you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Out here we say college, yeah, yeah, say university like we say vacation.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean, but we got we usually we got we got school, yeah, and then college and then university. So you finished school, when you finished school when you're sixteen, then you go college.
Speaker 2: Is that community college?
Speaker 1: No, it's just like it's like you university really kind of thing. But we don't have like I don't really think. Yeah, people don't really like state.
Speaker 3: We don't haven't. They don't have like campuses and that. So it's just college.
Speaker 1: You just go there and in UNI you have to level up to get to UNI, and that's when there's like campuses.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we say vacation, you'll say holiday. Okay, But let me ask you a question on Slick Rick's children's story. He said, crash into a tree near university. The biggest debate is now I have not been able to ask. Look Rick, do you think he was talking about You think he was talking about university in the Bronx the street.
Speaker 1: I think he's saw about the street. It sounds like him having an accent. It must be America. It got you to even someone said, why, it's like savage. He hasn't even got English because he grew up in America. Okay, you know what I'm saying, You're going to get an accent. Okay, yeah, me like so he must he must have grow up from here from young probably, but you'd have to ask him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, No, I don't want to ask him.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I wanted this to be a mysterious well for a saying. I thought he was on the rock the bells call, but he wasn't. No, we had man legends on there.
Speaker 1: Did you see I can? I saw a rock he yeah, that was dopeg a chaffer rock here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just left Bill.
Speaker 3: This mix. So this is my thing though the Ross Clark Mama, Yeah on.
Speaker 2: Mama, Yeah, it's you said. You said your girl is Dominican.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: That's also for Yeah, if you tell the well, it's a thing for the thing.
Speaker 3: We saying for the well. So all right, so.
Speaker 1: We say yan day and y'alla. So y'all, y'all we say you lo okay.
Speaker 4: So for the people that don't know, you're gonna describe the people. A thing is a noun, right, it's a person talking about a girl.
Speaker 1: And thing is everything. Thing is could be you go the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go to that. You could be doing the thing.
Speaker 1: Or a thing like them things over there. You know things you're gonna go on linked this thing right, thing, yes, everything, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We can say it with things. It's the same word.
Speaker 3: With no listen.
Speaker 2: With take that anh out of there. It's just a marriage.
Speaker 3: From Miami, I mean not from Miami, but you brought you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're everything actually everything everything black college like college, I can it's the colleage normal, you know, college Jamaican.
Speaker 2: Let's just throw it out there.
Speaker 3: He made.
Speaker 1: He went to Barbados the other day. He had a better Jamaican accent than the bar bab don't.
Speaker 3: Exactly. It's almost looked at him like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ya min.
Speaker 2: He said, you just got the college.
Speaker 4: He has earned his wife to his right, he has earned his right to be an honorary yard man. Yeah, he has earned his way I vote listen for the Jamaican society.
Speaker 5: Let me look at y'all, look at look at to the Jamaican count listening to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Right to the right on the left bun side, right to the Jamaican Society. I have interviewed Buju Bantan, I have interviewed Beanie Man, I have interviewed it wasn't me shut bro, And I've interviewed the God, the God the world, Boss Botts Cartel. And to the Jamaican Society, I.
Speaker 2: Ron don't forget wrong.
Speaker 1: That's right that you guys make call it yea, let's make up. I'll say Calid made himself, madehimself, you know, you know, kind of saving me, you know kid, I know Khalid from Dancel.
Speaker 3: Yes, he made his way through even from.
Speaker 1: West Jersey jazz and renaissance. Yeahs z over there. That's that's why the g he don't even say nothing, you know what I'm saying. But like even so, like even the other there I posted the picture with like Cartel, Kalid, Yeah, that's amazing, bounty but.
Speaker 5: Quick because he said renaissance and people don't know we talk about we talking about sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, renaissance sound yeah, d J cruise like the sounds. Yeah, so I posted that picture because obviously that picture is crazy. That's like the new firm in our face, not even a new firm.
Speaker 3: That's like just I don't know, there's just so much, so much history, so much history that.
Speaker 1: But like mad people are saying our wives klid there, why but I see Calidar, That's what I'm saying. I know Kalid from dance or first like even I remember, you know, I'm saying continue, continue, just I'm saying, yes, calid I remember, I used to listen to Renaissance, that jazzy tea Stone Love Renaissance. Then I used to hear Kalid, and these are cassette tapes. So I used to hear Kalid and he used to like Kalid used to be top places.
Speaker 2: Ninety six. There was a big Caribbean station, Pirate station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but college radio.
Speaker 1: So them days there, Kalid used to have bare Bounty killer doves. Now you see them days there. To have bounty who don't know doves is like a free player. That's not a free start, and you take the song and you make yeah.
Speaker 5: Especially just they would they would, they would, they're saying your name on the record.
Speaker 2: They're taking a popular record that they got already and they're adding you to the record.
Speaker 3: Freestyle really the top of the head.
Speaker 2: That started changing a lot to that changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, but yeah, so Khalid he's that bare bounty killer. Bare means a lot, yea. So he's that bare bounty in them days, bounty at the higher bout. In them days, you couldn't even to have a bounty dub. You had to have money and relate the relationship. You couldn't just have the money that this is bounty, like you know what I'm saying. Yes, and Khalid had bare bounty douves. And remember even on cassette tapes, I used to listen and Khalid he'll be He'll like come on after renaissance, after renaissances fucked it up, like mashed up the whole dance. Calid is coming on there. He's American, so like because he wasn't Jamaican, they used to do him like boo boo American.
Speaker 3: Well with that fro.
Speaker 1: Bottles and Kalid was still playing music, still lacing bear doves until he gets until it gets the respects man of fraend Bottles. He's a bottles glass, this is Jamaica, bear machines and let me he's still running and he's playing Bounty Killer Doves what not. Everyone can play. You know what I'm saying, Beef at the time now, because I'm saying you have to.
Speaker 3: Get it's hard to get like that's like, yeah, exactly, you can't just get a jay Z, even if you had all the money in the world, you can't get a jay Z, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And that's Kalid had the bounties and bear other yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he used to play until they stopped booing him, stop from balls and cheer him.
Speaker 3: And he would have like he used to make like hip hop kind of like that, Who Run It? Who Run It?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: So Khalid Like so even in that picture, Khalid is actually in the middle of this picture historically like Butcher and found a Khalid then well maybe cartel because he's to that right for kit Bop, Khalid is in the middle. And then Mavardo, you know what I'm saying. So Kalid is a he definitely earned his job.
Speaker 5: It was through dance all like and do you know the things A lot of people won't understand that route because in Miami, but brilliant hip hop and a lot of the United States, a lot of the DJs had they was dealing there was you had to be versed, well versed in dance hall if you was playing hip hop as well, because back in the day it was a lot of the dance hall parties were where we got to hear hip hop.
Speaker 3: Okay is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? At least definitely in Miami for sure. That's crazy, you know what I'm saying. And then that's how you see what there was that bad yard.
Speaker 3: Man head times.
Speaker 5: So like like me, like my first gig that I got as a DJ, I'm this Cuban kid, was me having forty five straight from Jamaica.
Speaker 3: So your Cuban yeah, plane a dance hall.
Speaker 5: Set to get my first DJ. Yeah, that's how I got my first DJ. I had a mean dance hall set.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's sick, that's it.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, he killed it back then.
Speaker 1: Jazzy should have been in that picture though, Big up Jazzy, that man there is in the.
Speaker 3: Center of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, renaissance is legendary, legendary.
Speaker 1: Even like when I first I remember when I first like got money and clout, I remember one time we was having like so he was having like big parties in London. Yeah, so it was like me and Drake. Yeah so me and Drake, I was we was doing wireless. Yeah, so like it was that Kalid was actually meant to do wireless. By then you didn't really like the planeting yea, yeah, so I took Calid slot.
Speaker 3: Then I brought out.
Speaker 1: Drake as a surprise after yeah yeah yeah, then we were so it was having big parties in London. This is the mad thing, like this is gigs, Drake, like we just mashed up wireless, like you get me. So I was saying to Dre Yo, I'm gonna have the Mad party. After Drake saying what I'm gonna have the Mather party start saying all right, so now we're having like a party war.
Speaker 3: You get me here. So I said, yeah, how can I have the maddest party? You get me? So then I've hit up.
Speaker 1: I said, do you know what, I've got money and now I've got contacts, get Renaissance, you get me.
Speaker 3: So I've hit up like I've got the link for Jazzy's.
Speaker 1: People, and then I've hit up Jazzy's people to get renaissance down there.
Speaker 3: You get me? This is mad for me.
Speaker 1: It's a renaissance, bro, like you see me a lot of people I'm dancing first like yeah me, and it's a renaissance like yeh me, this is the same thing like Man's bringing hove over to before you get me. So then I've linked with renaissance now. And I said to Drizzy, man's got renaissance. Then Man was like, oh ship, then I must have invited like me and my breads and about three four hundred things like bodies. You get me, got some big venue renaissance, big girl I had like every bad man in London was there, like and most of the artists from UK as well, and there was bare like big American artists. I remember, like and and then made Jazzy come down. He fucked it up and like you get me like and I remember all the ovo. Man then kept saying, Yo, what times renaissance? Like what tis renaissance? You know what I'm saying? Like, but that's that's the.
Speaker 3: Shot. I want that, Drake think you know, I want a Drake battle.
Speaker 1: I also won No, I want that. I feel like he's gonna watch this and say something about it.
Speaker 3: Never Okay, no he might. He might say, I agree, Well.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Can I get some paper?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got one.
Speaker 2: Go and now do you roll with Fanta and your ship or no?
Speaker 1: Fanto? Grab grab That's that's a New York that's a New York thing though, well grab off the grabber. So before I came here in UK, we were with cigarette. Okay, yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so we were with cigarette. So then then one time I didn't have cigarettes for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah me.
Speaker 1: Then I then someone I said I fuck it, let me use this grab ship. And then then I was using grabber for a few days. Then I fought a cigarette. I need some cigarette. I went back get the cigarette was nasty. I was like, this is nasty because the cigarette from America.
Speaker 3: No, it's just like the grabber. It just tastes nice.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I just threw the cigarette away and I'm like, yeah, I'm grabbing now, you know what I'm saying, Like, like you see, like me, I'm the original street.
Speaker 3: Nigga who made it. Yeah in London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like me being here, all the niggas are like, how do you get there?
Speaker 3: Let me get that lawyer. All the niggas everywhere I go, niggas who I don't get along.
Speaker 1: With, coming were saying about that lawyer like I'm telling you, bro, I'm going to get.
Speaker 3: Over here, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know this is an unfair question. And then man, who even get over here? Yeah, they're getting married and ship. Actually I'm talking too much.
Speaker 3: Let me stop.
Speaker 5: This is this.
Speaker 4: Cop couple of Miami chicks, niggas writing track, write the moby track.
Speaker 1: They'll make a deal, will be ball park on your ass.
Speaker 3: The price is right, you know, got the bodies.
Speaker 1: Though it's mad over here, the Dominicans, I'm gott mad over here.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Cubans mean I had once I had. Let me not talk about it like that. One time I was linking a Cuban and Jamaican, like what kind of mixes that?
Speaker 3: That's maud.
Speaker 2: She's angry though, definitely angry.
Speaker 3: I know where.
Speaker 2: There was one woman.
Speaker 3: One thought you had too. I needn't seen that.
Speaker 1: Okay, together together.
Speaker 3: He said, together as one woman, because what I meant was I thought women is Cuban and.
Speaker 1: Make it. I'm like Okay, that sounds like a.
Speaker 2: Great night for you. But you're saying one.
Speaker 1: Sound clash makes his hair even beliezing. I've never met a beliez in.
Speaker 3: That's a.
Speaker 2: See s Beliza.
Speaker 5: Heard you say something different brought you see sh No what we got?
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: I really want to get over here?
Speaker 1: Yes, So then do you because like all the all the Jamaicans have their visas right now, right, what do you mean like old vibes my bottle, That's what it's about.
Speaker 2: Like that, you have to have a visa to come here.
Speaker 1: You gotta get a visa, like if you if you've got a criminal record, if you haven't got a criminal record, you can get star.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just easy to get in the country because you're not a criminal. You don't like you know what I'm saying, You're not a threat or anything? Right?
Speaker 3: Just Esther, he just do that. Like if I'm coming with my kids, I've got my visa. I do my kids Esthers.
Speaker 2: I never heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what that's what we got. So so you've got Esther's. But the criminals, who is most of the man name need a visa.
Speaker 2: It's a temporary visa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you get a year, two years, three years, But like there's different visas. Is working visa Like even coming over here, I've met people with different visas that there's another guy who's got like a property visa. He does property out here, so he's got a visa. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, school, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, it's different visas. But that's like the man ain't going to be criminals though, the criminal team, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whatever visa Vibes Cartel got, he's never going back.
Speaker 3: He got that goodsa.
Speaker 5: He got that.
Speaker 1: He comes into America because he's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Vegas.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, he's helping the economy everywhere, everywhere you go.
Speaker 1: Vibell Clean vives he probably already had the visa in it from before and then he went and he went to jail. Oh yeah, the reverse, but then he was then he was then he was innocen. So really oh yes, that's right. Oh he never he never do they give him his visa back.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: He got he got, he got the proper visa. He got the proper as he as he deserves.
Speaker 4: That motherfucker been everywhere and he's been posting it too.
Speaker 2: Now he killing the game like a y n that Nigga's been like that he out so he's doing the master his thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Holy Ship Vibs is living his the flipping life.
Speaker 2: Well no, this makes some noise for Visus Holy Ship.
Speaker 1: So it's anything you would take back? What would you do?
Speaker 3: Take back?
Speaker 1: Take back like in the game like that you regret, regret it doing. I regret nothing. I'm me, Okay, you can't. That's you know what I mean. Everything you go for is for a reason. That's what creates you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So yeah, definitely not y'all seen the I was watching a podcast on YouTube that I watched my homie Justin Hunt the aka the Company Man.
Speaker 2: They were talking about skeptic.
Speaker 5: That's he's he's throwing shots at trying to like do like like a battle with American artists.
Speaker 4: Oh like Joey Badass in a way that Joey Badass challenged.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess not like it's not it's just battle. What about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For me, that's not really familiar with that, like and stuff like I'm not really I'm too emotional.
Speaker 2: For that, Yeah, it's not for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't keep me eye of that.
Speaker 2: Like I think Lucas jumped in on it. Wait, I haven't heard of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to Justin Hunt who covered it likes he's like he's like Markman, okay, and so yeah, it's just it's just funny because there's this whole thing is supposed to be, like they're labeling as US against UK. Yes, like you see like me personally, I know you say you feel like you're too emotional like me.
Speaker 1: Personally, I don't like like I've got American regends, Canadian, Jamaican, Beijian guy Andese like Trainer that didn't bridget Like I look at us one thing, you know what I'm saying, So even in music, like I look at myself as one of the best anyway. I don't like need to be like, oh yeah, like I need to go against us, like I'm like, you know what I'm saying, I'm on the same level anyway, right, I don't need to like separate things like you know what I'm saying, It's all one thing, Like you don't need to like say, yeah, US versus them, and like you know what I mean I think like we've got cold UK rapper, we've got cold US rappers, we've got shipped UK rapper.
Speaker 3: You like, you know what I'm saying. I agree, you know what I mean. It's like the separating thing and like oh yeah, us versus that. I don't really you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean there is a place I was just like healthy competition too though, yeah.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: I don't think like it needs to be us versus them though, Right, you know what I'm saying, like like put that way, yeah, because it's supposed like it's supposed to be just looking at yourself as the greatest of all time, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right, You see, like when I see.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, for example, if I see like like Nicki Minaj, like yeah, say, like I don't know, like no disrespects and Nikki is just fooling that. But like if I see like that, when Nikki will be going at like Cardi or something, yeah, I think like Nikki, like you're one of the greatest rappers.
Speaker 2: There's no need for it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's no you're one of the greatest rappers. Like forget female, like you're one of the best, right, you know what I'm saying. You don't have to like because there's another female, go up against this other female, because you're one of the best.
Speaker 3: You're like Kanye.
Speaker 1: You smoke Kanye songs, Drake songs, like fucking Chains like them even like I don't know, say like, yeah, I love them strippers like to Chains and Nicki Minaj, Yeah them times Chains was smoking everything in his way in it like change them times boats time. Yeah, and Nikki smoked that song, Smoke that. That's one of my favorite Nikki versus you're one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: Like, so I feel like when you're like just putting yourself in the.
Speaker 1: Female category, it's just lower in your tail yourself. Yeah, like when you're one of the greatest of full time. Like, so, I don't need to be like UK versus your like to prove not to me. I know, I'm one of the coldest, right you know what I'm saying that, So that doesn't really involve me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's so cool for skephin that way he wants to do not saying that, But that's that's not really my ship, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: I watch it and be entertained, but I ain't like admiting one of the greatest you know what I mean, one of the other's records.
Speaker 2: You've got.
Speaker 1: It's what Diddy? Yeah, how did that come about?
Speaker 3: That was man?
Speaker 1: I remember he had the the BT off the party after the show. Obviously you can have with the jokes, and that was after if Like, Bro, this is one of the best parties I've ever been. Honest, this is what it was mad, you know what I'm saying. I went to the party that was Obviously it's a sore subject and that, but me, I'm honest, bro, this party was mad. This is l a I've gone in. There's like the whole dance floor is like, fucking what's that show? You not used to have over it when people dance on the floor with the colors, the soul trained floor and.
Speaker 3: The soul trained floor with the colors, like and I ain't seen that ship in real life.
Speaker 1: You know, there was I'm like, everyone who you can think of is their bare bodies food truck with free food drinks.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. This party was mad. Even I remember I said I had the drink stand off party.
Speaker 1: I was speaking my game, you know the one, and then this time I didn't even know Puff ten times yeah me, and then then boom, I see Puff. He came like halfway through the party him and I see him walking through him and Mary, and then I bumped into him and then he's like, bro.
Speaker 3: What the fuck are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I've been trying to get hold of You're still on coming London soon?
Speaker 3: Yeah me?
Speaker 1: Wow yeah, And then we linked like that and then then he was when he was coming to London, he wanted to a party. Obviously, man does the bats. I said, I'm actually do it. It was wireless times again, so I said we should do arting because I'm going to do a thing. You're going to do your party like it's going to clash, yeah me, we might as well bring it together and do the Then we had a party in the fucking football stadium football what was it staying marena, I watch.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: We had a big party and that everyone was there, so like even like like if there's like jokes and everyone was at that party in England, you know, I was a mad thing, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, then I made them, the mand them, and.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, like I would like them classic, like like did the vocals that you know, like I don't know, like I used to love like Rick Ross he said, remember Holy Ghost when he used to like do that I'm going there and that, you know.
Speaker 3: I said, I want you to do that a man's thing like and for me that was legendary.
Speaker 2: And he said on the intro, I'm in the ends right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that record is hard yeah yeah yeah for me, Bro, that was the man thing. Bro, I'm a fan of music. Bro, you know what I'm saying, Like, you get me so yeah me even like obviously that everyone makes like the jokes and that, but for me, like all the man legends, like you know what I'm saying, you get me so so like I don't want to see like none of the legends, like you can't take it with look, yeah, I don't want to see none of that from like you know what I'm saying, Oh yeah, like let's take that.
Speaker 3: And they said when they were that stuff, I see people saying.
Speaker 1: Oh's next. I figure, fucking know what's he doing now? Like you know what I'm saying, like why do we want to them guys like help create?
Speaker 3: Man? You know what I'm saying all the way in England.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here now like you know what I'm saying, good in life, Like that's what all of you guys have done, like all of you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that. So I don't really like.
Speaker 1: People trying to take down our culture and then we're taking it down ourselves.
Speaker 3: It's sad, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I mean, h who like better Nasa Jim Jones. That's great.
Speaker 3: That's two different things that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, even like there was like Nas, I remember there was a time like Nas is like that's Nas remember him and jay Z shoot up them days? And then like there was a time when I was in jail, oh free, and it was I used to bear Jim Jones on my way to church time.
Speaker 3: Yeah them times. You know what I'm saying that, But yeah, I can't that's that was a joke, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean no, because a lot of people gave me criticism because I was saying that that I saw where Jim Jones was coming from. Like what I'm meant by that is like when you look at the young young people, the people that that's looking at the algorithms now one million percent.
Speaker 1: I do see where he's coming from.
Speaker 4: Of course, overall you see an argument, yes, like yeah, of course you know what I'm saying. Overall, and by the way it's being put in that argument, it's fucking dope. Like just think about that, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's like, that's like us, you know what I mean, that's that's like, that's like us being compared to us playing is fucking softball football and they're comparing us to the Jets Like it's like, oh ship, Like you know, we just got compared to the Jets and then we're like we're like a you know, a football team that doesn't even you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, so that's what I'm trying to say. At the same time, that's Jim's opinion. Yeah, that's it really man taking it too serious. He's supposed to think he's the best.
Speaker 5: He said, you're supposed to everyone's the best, and to me, to me, it's working out for Gym.
Speaker 1: I believe NAS doesn't have to respond. I believe I believe he's good, but I believe the argument is dope for us London. So for me, that's fucking Jim Jo and that's fucking right. That's two legends for me. Yeah, Like when I'm around each of them, I think, you know, that's the guys, so like that stuff, I don't really that's the internet stuff in it.
Speaker 4: And this week we just had uh Max b on on Drink Champs and he announced his date that he's actually coming home this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I speak to Max again and at the end, you're going to work on music. We've done it.
Speaker 1: I was on his last album, Wow, how do you link with Max? He used to link with so one of the Sas guys, one of the because say states to have euro Gang in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: And there was an artist on the Hayes and he used to live with Max and that and then he was like look shout out to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: Hayes linking with Max and yeah his last album we got a song on there. I can't remember the name, super Fly Slight Superan.
Speaker 3: I nearly said, fuck you you can.
Speaker 1: Say fun everything, sucker, motherfucker, sucker.
Speaker 3: Mother.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, more worries, no let me ask you this though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so drill and grime this is all started in the UK, right, But some argue that drill is started in Chicago.
Speaker 2: What's your take on on that.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Yeah, I'll say the drill started in Chicago, but like the style of music, yeah, started in London. But they was inspired by the Chicago drill, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So what so there is a direct we break that down breaking it's.
Speaker 1: Like Chief Keith and all that, right, like you know saying like Dirk or whatever. Man there, the UK drill is inspired by that.
Speaker 3: Do you yet me?
Speaker 1: But then they made their own sound of sonically yeah that we're here now? Yeah, so and that sound and then the New York like drill is the same as that sound drills.
Speaker 2: From London was from London or the New York.
Speaker 1: Drillers New York drill that you hear like I don't know, bas like Favio and all that, Right, that's that's London drill, you know what I'm saying. And then but now it's that kind of evolved into like the kind of Jersey sound in it, like with the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kind of what's it was?
Speaker 1: It like forty one what they called that, I'm a relaxed when are we fucking again?
Speaker 2: Sexy drill?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about? When they called forty two, forty one, forty.
Speaker 1: One, Yeah, that's kind of like it's kind of drill, but then it's kind of it's kind of morphed into you know what I'm saying that, So now it's his own sound because it's kind of Jersey like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So now they made another sound yet me?
Speaker 5: So does do people in London feel like they're the ones who inspired here or do they feel like they took something from Chicago?
Speaker 1: Like how do the originators like six seven that they're from London that they arige six to seven? I'll say, like Section Boys, they would probably tell you like Chief Keith and that inspired that Chicago? Yeah me, but the origin then they started and now and then you would get the younger ones like I don't know, like low Ski and like even at Central Seed who would have listened to six seven?
Speaker 3: And you yet me? Like you know what I'm saying, and Section and did d ting you yet? Me?
Speaker 1: Ill?
Speaker 2: And then what about grime?
Speaker 3: Grime is grime is like.
Speaker 1: So grime is is it's like when it's like one tempo music, so it's one forty bpm.
Speaker 3: So like say, like that drill, that drill was probably.
Speaker 1: Like one thirty one twenty eight bpm. Grime is one forty bpm, and like they used to like so first it started with garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I was a drumming bass or any of that.
Speaker 1: Now now drumming basses before that, but it's all kind of in the same yeah, yeah, so yeah, drumming bass, right, yeah, and then that kind of turned into like it was drummer based kind of jungle jungle, and then like it's then it mixed the fuse the dance or and then it was like that's kind of jungle, right because they had the dance and that didn't eymore no, no, you know the ones like them kind of tunes. And then after that kind of came garage. Well garage might have been the same time, don't quote me yet, me like, and it was garage. And then that's when the street niggers started spitting on garage.
Speaker 2: So they're rhyming on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, garage, you know that garage, you know the one's that house house and garages house and garage yeah. House music, yeah, House and garage yeah. Oh, garage yeah yeah, garage, garage, garage, we say garage. So that house and garage kind of and the man used to spit on house and garage yet me and then the street niggas started making their own kind of beats, that tempo, and then they then it kind of fused into grime because it was more raw garage, house and garages that you know, happy house like, yeah, but the man is spitting on it now street niggers, you know what I'm saying that, So then they start making their own beats and its darker, yeah exactly, and then that became grime. But it wasn't cool grime for long. It was just didn't have a name manager spitting on it. It's still kind of garage. And then man start calling it different names Eski, but that grime stock and then that's grime. Yeah, so that's Skepta, Wiley, Dizzey, Rascal, Dizzey Rascals grime yeah really yeah. Dizzy was the coded Dizzy was one of the people who made me want to spit. Thom is straight hip hop ships. Dizzey was one of the coldest crime.
Speaker 2: You mean it's all hip hop though at the end of the day, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, so so so grime.
Speaker 1: Now, grime is a fusion of hip hop, garage, dance l because the man name in London are Jamaican African, but.
Speaker 3: That's the b Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if you're spitting to me, that is hip hop already.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, unless it's true. But the man used to spit like like garage days. They used to spit like check one to check to check, you know that one was like oh we go up the street and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like kind of you know what I'm saying, Like yeah, though they might even saying anything.
Speaker 3: We loving it, loving it, loving it, we loving it. That's that's garage.
Speaker 2: Because was hard.
Speaker 3: Grime came and Dizzy, who changed the game. He used to be spitting cold like like slip on your rebook, pumps star jumps like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He would come, he be on the hearted. That's when he needed the harder beats. Then it started fusing the more bass, raw, dirty, you know what I'm saying, like hip hop. So by this time I listened to dancer as well, So it's got a touch of dancer in there, and you get me. But man's listening to rap music. So when man's spitting, you know what I'm saying. And then there was grime then, But the grime thing that there was, they weren't really gang bangers in grime, you know what I'm saying, Like more like there was couple, but it's more like like good kids kind of thing, you know what I'm saying, Like you get me, Like here's there might shoot you baby, yeah, because they're from the streets, but they're not frop They're not that like they might be the good kids who focus on music.
Speaker 3: Them times, music wasn't cool, right, You know what I'm saying. If you're a street.
Speaker 1: Nigger on music, it's not cool. If you're doing grime, that's them grime niggas. You know what I'm saying, Like, manny, you know what I'm saying. If you're doing grime, if like man like me, I started fucking with before it was cool grime and it would be like, yeah, so what I'm doing grime? Like you know what I'm saying, man, you have to yeah, so what I'm making this ground you get me. And then then I went to jail and then niggas are rapping in jail. UK niggas weren't really rapping them like street niggas, you get me. So then niggas are in jail, were rapping, and my grime songs are signing kind of nerdy like I was, like, I said, I hide my grime songs like yeah, they say, don't worry about that one. Then I started rapping. I said, yeah, I'm doing this wrap to fuck this grind ship like you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. Then that's then then there was me and then there's all.
Speaker 1: The underground rappers as well, like because it was rapping time like and that was the street niggas.
Speaker 3: That's when it was crazy in the streets.
Speaker 1: Niggas started rapping English accents, niggas busting shots on fucking DVDs and ship. We had a DVD error because that's what we got that from, you lot from like Smack.
Speaker 2: Don't play from.
Speaker 3: Influence smack because you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So then we had the DVDs, you know what I'm saying. And that was when UK like skankster street rap, you know what I mean. Like, so then you still had grime, but like it was grime over there, and then there's UK rap. Right, So that's why even like if I come to America and someone calls me ground, I mean, I ain't know Grandmatis.
Speaker 2: So you think that Grand Martyrs would separate themselves from hip hop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, even like like so like because all of the like Skepta, he's grime, yeah, gigs rap. But even though Skeptic makes hip hop as well, me, I can make grime as well because I started with that because it's faster, you know, spit fast, like you know, like twist stops. You know what I'm saying, Like you get me, so I can do that as well, you get me. But yeah, he's skeptar Kino, Diz, Rascal, grime, gigs, fucking I don't know Dave hip hop, Like you know what I'm saying, Well, I don't know if Dave were calling sorry, because he's right, he's probably hip hop. But anyway, it's separate, you know what I'm saying, Like, yes, but what was the question you asked me just then?
Speaker 3: But I was just saying, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, yeah, you know, that's that's where it coming from. But even like me, my music here because mad times, I think ro where do I belong like musically do you know what I mean? Like, because I'll make a song with like popcorn like and then I'll make a song with Dave East.
Speaker 3: Where do I belong?
Speaker 1: Like? You know what I'm saying that because that's a dancer. I'm not bringing popcorn on a hip hop rhythm. It's on a hard dance ALREADTHM, and I'm lacing it dance all start. But then I might lace a Dave East, but then I might lace a fucking young fuck on the south thing?
Speaker 3: Right, So ro what what's my music?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, me, but now I understand raw Like I'm just my music. It's just u K. You know what I'm saying. I can do whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hip hopos or period. But there's dancer in there, and dance is the original, So what is it really?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: That's how just because they are the original rappers in.
Speaker 3: The sense original rappers. Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: In a sense in a sense I said, think about it, Dan Saw is just rapping in patois.
Speaker 2: On a certain b.
Speaker 3: So, but that's the original though, so and then hip hop comes off though it depends on.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now we gotta get real historic if we're go no, no, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: We gotta go by year now, we gotta go.
Speaker 5: By years because reggae will turn into dance. We gotta go yearly, the seventy ease and then and we gotta go with Bob Marley changes to dance hall like.
Speaker 3: Reggae reggae, Yeah, we got to That's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go into that. Let me let me, but I just think it's all related to be honest with you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. So that's not saying where do I belong though, it's just music, Like if you think it's one fan it came to like a gig show. It's like dance or hip hop, like real hip hop, fucking some grime, you know what I'm saying. My things like one minute your busting shots, next minute your doing the grime thing. Then then you're dancing with the gym made tunes for the girl. Like it's all different flavors that, you know what I'm saying, Like hip hop.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of why I agree you.
Speaker 3: Supposed because because you might have mix heavy d outside. I got all right, I got I.
Speaker 1: Got lost up bag By, but it was like hip hop, but it was like don't so like I know what you're saying, Like like last.
Speaker 5: Thing of karras One, he does a lot of Ye Pats One and his hip hop record.
Speaker 2: Charris One would shoot.
Speaker 1: You, And.
Speaker 3: That's still don't carros One because I did.
Speaker 2: Any of us, so.
Speaker 5: All that influence, but it's totally hip hop is hip hop. I believe everything that.
Speaker 1: You see don't in them days in that that's like a ees On sign. We used to we used to cool that racket hip hop. So remember remember we had raga. Remember the Bush.
Speaker 5: Babies remember yeah, yeah, like they were and there was there was there was teetering between reggae and hip hop, but it was hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but that's not saying then we would say racket hip hop them days.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Babies born Americans, born Americans as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to me, look, it's all it's one big family musing.
Speaker 3: I know that is off the chain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I met one of their fishtakers. I am parted. That was mad. Yeah yeah, yo, ll list ye they were cold. The album from twenty Pounds Illness twenty pounds that I remember that. What is that in the USD probably twenty five. That's when that's a lot.
Speaker 4: For the first time I went to London, I gave a man one thousand dollars to convert the thing.
Speaker 1: He gave me a seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, has to be hot. Gave you have had that break kind of let me not get not get fired. Yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: The first time in my life when they said brexit, I said, what is brexit?
Speaker 2: He said it was breakfast.
Speaker 4: Somebody's a part of them, one of the to not be a part of them no more, but still be a part of them.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's hard, Like that's all like like they left, but they got one leg in.
Speaker 2: They still got one leg in. That's kind of hard.
Speaker 4: That's like the Bronx saying I don't want to be a part of New York City, but I still.
Speaker 2: Want to stay.
Speaker 1: That's hard, Like that's hard. Just think about the logic Bronx.
Speaker 3: That's like, it's like.
Speaker 1: Texas.
Speaker 3: It's like what can I say.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like poor Rico and America saying, yeah, I don't want to be part of you know, no more. It's kind of more like that because Porto Rico is just over thing, but it's still kind of under America in it.
Speaker 2: Who would be Puerto Rico in this announced.
Speaker 3: Puerto Rico might be in Europe and the UK is America America.
Speaker 2: That's a big mask. I feel like.
Speaker 1: That's what bre say is we separated from Europe. But is it You're a bigger Europe. Europe our passport that my passport. So this passport, now, this is the old passport. This is this says, this says.
Speaker 2: EU and you can travel easily.
Speaker 3: That's EU and U K. You remember this possible in it? Yeah, yeah he can't.
Speaker 2: He's American.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now the possible after Bread said the possible is just UK okay, and it's black. It's not even think So I've got the black passport.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's some hard shp.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen a black pastor. I need that for my leave bit.
Speaker 1: You need a better Just here, I'm about to joint press it. I'm playing where's let's go. Okay, guys, so whoa, yeah, she got politically incorrec.
Speaker 3: Shot change the subject.
Speaker 2: Let's take a shot for change the subjects. Let's take this because this has got too politically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking about my fucking book.
Speaker 1: You got a book? Who signed to it? She feels my pains. She from the Netherlands. Okay, neu up my ting and it's a guy music. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That socky thing is nice.
Speaker 1: It's nice, right and you know what you still alert?
Speaker 3: You still yeah? Yeah like though yeah, I need I need, I need ye. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: You actually get a little bit more sober.
Speaker 1: Than I like.
Speaker 3: And I like this as well. Is that majuana my things?
Speaker 2: See that as well, that's my majuana kings my thing.
Speaker 1: See I'm gonna be honest. I don't recommend that.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, listen, I heard this is for me.
Speaker 1: If I linked the thing that my zoobie, my Mamajuana King. Listen, this guy go basking, go for it, not Meva Juana King. I'm saying this is how I heir Manjuana is me.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not made the way he's saying it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and tubb and kindle with people can't even live in kendle.
Speaker 3: Let's not say this on the show.
Speaker 2: Is all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: I said you for the in the office for I know, a couple.
Speaker 1: Of dudes with dirty feet.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, that's how he's making that.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, that's how wine is made.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one story.
Speaker 2: This kind of have to step on listen. I give you one story. I'll give you one story.
Speaker 3: Me and a bone.
Speaker 4: You stepped on grapes holding hand. So I'm gonna I'm gonna look. So we're at Palermo. You know what Palmo in Italy, right it Sicily. This is where the mafia is invented.
Speaker 3: We know, but we don't know.
Speaker 4: But as soon as you land, you know, like you know, like this is this is, this is where they at. So we check into the hotel. Soon as we check into the hotel, they take our passports and I mean they literally take our passports as we check in, like they take them. So we're like all sitting around and you know, we ordered these bottles of wine. We're like, they're like, you know, just will be a couple of minutes. So we ordered these bottles of wine. I'm talking about it must have been like six hours. We drink everything, every bottom of wine that they had, We drink them like it must have so hours later, like they take so much along with our passports, but we're so drunk we don't care.
Speaker 1: They give us back up passports, we take them.
Speaker 4: We asked for the bill because they say we had the end and then they tell us we had to clear y'all through the FBI.
Speaker 1: We're like, holy shit, it was this was some abnormal ship. But we already fucked up. Were just like, let's just roll over there, right, So.
Speaker 2: So we we go upstairs, we do the show.
Speaker 4: The next day, we realized, like, yo, how much was that bill in American money? Like we must have drank forty bottles right well, our bill was like one hundred and forty dollars. So we're like something about this might not be right.
Speaker 1: This is cheaper out there.
Speaker 2: I wake up in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's this guy's one guy just making the wine byself.
Speaker 2: Come on, guy, you.
Speaker 3: Can't make.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, this is how they did it. It's the reason why they wine was so cheap. I had one guy.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not Lucy Man come each other story.
Speaker 3: Right now. Absolutely that because it's you such a guy literally for your own eyes, stepping in the Absolutely absolutely one million, but almost that juice takes a long.
Speaker 2: Time to become one.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that the ship that he was just stepping on at that moment became what we but eventually this is.
Speaker 2: Yes from the field.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you the reason why I noticed him.
Speaker 2: He didn't look clean.
Speaker 1: He looked like a guy that pumps gas. Because what you got to realize, and Palermo is a very poor place, Palama so outside of this these little like resorts or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like you see.
Speaker 4: This is when I went there recently and I seen Africans pumping out.
Speaker 3: But back then you had you seen just poor you.
Speaker 4: Know, Italian just pump your gas and you sitting there and you're like you want to watch him, you don't even want to go in there and gets no cheeses, you know what I'm saying, Like you like looking at this guy, like this guy pumping gas like it was.
Speaker 3: It was rough.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I thought all Italy was beautiful. I didn't no, Pallemo, this is where the mafia is fucking born at.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that ship.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we got drunk as hell, woke up in the morning and I see one man stopping on grapes.
Speaker 2: And well, you know when the firm man SA kills all the germs.
Speaker 4: You think you think I thought like that At that very moment, I'm thinking like, oh, this guy, I know he ain't washed his feet.
Speaker 3: He made it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, gigs. And every time I see my majana, that's what I figure.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even know this guy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, but I just I just know my ma wana is not made correctly.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: Listen, bro, my god, this guy goes in on this mamajuana. I just know it's not making.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He goes in on this moment. He doesn't know any people.
Speaker 3: Mamajuana. I never goes in on him.
Speaker 2: I just never said I did, but I just feel like.
Speaker 3: That's what you think. Come when you see it, and I said, guy had The guy puts herbs, but he drinking the real feet juice. You don't even so he's traumatized. Even me, I'm drinking the mama wana. That's the case.
Speaker 2: The guy in the mamahuanna guy calls me up. He's like, yo, nor, he's this in the funk out of me, I said, my man do A video now promoting it the way.
Speaker 5: He said, you gotta got girls, sexy girls in the bathtom making.
Speaker 2: The mamajuana to help the fly.
Speaker 1: And he was angry.
Speaker 2: I said, don't be angry.
Speaker 3: He's clean by these.
Speaker 1: Rains. He saw.
Speaker 2: The guy saw everything. He said, He's like, I don't make it like that.
Speaker 4: So I got playing around what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But in my mind, that's the way it's made. Like that's in my mind. Like I mean, moonshine is made in the bathtub. Real, this is dominicky moon shine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's rude, it's roots and then you add alcohol after the fact.
Speaker 4: We got two more shots left. I just want to salute you. Give your flowers face to face man, the man. The things that you did is remarkable. Things that you're doing is remarkable. Things that you continue to be a part of.
Speaker 3: One that does it.
Speaker 1: I believe you got one more.
Speaker 2: So don't let it do it.
Speaker 1: They don't let it win.
Speaker 3: So but.
Speaker 2: Don't let them. Don't let them win.
Speaker 1: Whoever them isn't the people that Colin talk about got lost hope?
Speaker 3: You know real opinion. Long ago.
Speaker 1: I said, dreams were proud of you. Man.
Speaker 4: We want to salute you. We want to let you know the things you do did and doing is remarkable man like for a person for your story like you know, you know, like you know, being locked up abroad and being able to be a uh the man them there and then come home and dominate America due to us have records with every reputable artist, like that's a true international star. And I just personally want to salute you personally. You know obviously what I'm saying, person I'm saying the whole camp to Drink Champs. But you know what you doing, what you did is not normal man.
Speaker 1: And you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's what it is about our show is we want to let you know the dope ship that you do it and you're doing and that ship is that ship is unheard of.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go down in the history books.
Speaker 4: So until those history books is wrote, we gonna drink for you here and we're gonna salute your head.
Speaker 3: You deserve these props. Salu.
Speaker 9: That better not be empty. That looks a little empty, I can tell. Let's take us a picture. Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC. Production hosts and executive producers n O. R E and dj E f FN listen to Drink.
Speaker 5: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm