Speaker 1: What's happening, and what's happening, and what's happening. It's your boy, Big Steel with a very special, a very special Against the Chronicles podcast. We on the eve of Glasses Malone dropping his new album Cancel These Nuts, and of course Glasses is late, but I'm in here with his partner in crime, Hey, his big partner Crime, the man behind the boards on this entire project, IRV and Pope professionally known as ep EP was having a baby. Man. You know what, It's a phenomenal album. Man, I really feel, really feel really really strongly about this. Man.
Speaker 2: We made it right. We made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, man, And you know what, I think I would be disappointed man if we didn't go at least on this.
Speaker 3: From the time that we end, and for the body of work and the subject matter, I mean, it has all the elements to go Flattenum really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. Man. Right now, man, so I'm telling everybody right now, man, album, Well, by the time y'all hear this, the album be released already, but all streaming platforms everywhere you can even order advanced copies. I'm gonna have a link in there. Not advanced copies, but physical copies. Yeah, ain't it's crazy man, on how physical copies are anomaly now.
Speaker 3: Man, exactly. People, I'm glad. I'm glad to know that people really want them.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that collector's items.
Speaker 1: Yes, what I'm saying. But they are collector's items right now. Man. I remember when I was doing my thing, Man, physical was a big thing. Man. You had you had to manufacture tapes, CDs at one time, tape CDs and vinyl.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You would mess around, man, your budget be gone, you be down in your budget, man, eighty ninety k just that quick.
Speaker 2: Exactly, just emerge, not to merge, but but the physical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the physical stuff. And then you had recording studio time, which was really expensive back in the day. Man, and you was taking on two inch tape and it was crazy. Man, it was really crazy. I actually think it's better nowadays though, kind of EP froze up a little bit on us. We're waiting for him to come back in, waiting for Glasses Malone to come back in, you dig what I'm saying. And we got the load coming in the house. The load just Dom came in what's up, g Yeah, EP Froze, I'm back. Yeah. Man, it was just a whole different dynamic and we got the man of the hour himself in the house. Me and EP was just talking about back in the day, man, with all it took to actually release Apple at one time, you had to get CDs, cassettes and vinyl manufacturer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did all that. I checked all the boxes.
Speaker 1: It was a crazy time because you would be down big and your budget, man, and we was recording on two inch tape. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did a whole home on that before so I could relate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. So while I got y'all both here, man, congratulations, Man, we did it. I was telling EP I would feel I would feel some kind of ways we did hold because I believe it's a phenomenal project. And it was a phenomenal project.
Speaker 4: And is that your little journalist's voice?
Speaker 1: No, man, can you just can you let me do me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Can you allow me to do me?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 4: You that I I don't take you and you just find your barber watches? Was so fast?
Speaker 1: Did I have a certain level of professionalism?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I can't be on here talking, you know, and all that ponics and slang which and all that shit man that were doing that we do through the day.
Speaker 5: I try to say, your project came out phenomenal, tremendous effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a tremendous effort man, you know because I got to see man with all went into it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I really feel like y'all both pot your heart and soul into it.
Speaker 4: Man. Yeah, we poured our hard.
Speaker 1: Sold into it. Man, it's a phenomenal project. Man. I'm gonna ask you. EPU asked me what my favorite song? He was, Man, what's your favorite song on here?
Speaker 2: Like my kids, I can't pick it right now. I love them all.
Speaker 3: I was like, tomorrow something gonna hit me different than it hit me today and yesterday. I mean, I'm still enjoying it. That's how I know it's a classic project, bro. But the makers are still feeling it, you know what I mean? Normally like I put some out and I'm on to the next. But I keep like I really ride to this album.
Speaker 1: Ain't that funny? You know? I want to ask Glasses in particular, Man, you're going hard on here? Man, what was your mindset going into this? Man?
Speaker 4: What was my mindset?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't know it was just Tuesday. Really, it really was Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I know that sounds crazy, but people like you who know me, you feel me, y'all know exactly what I mean when I say it's Tuesday, Like this is just normally, this is what the flavor of the week was for this particulicular album. You know what I'm saying, what I'm most proud of is what I'm most proud of. I feel like we did a really good job, Like we did a fantastic job dog of like capturing everything at the same time, you know what I'm saying, Like coming back to E at the end, telling them like, yo, you know what I mean. I want to I want to make sure we do stuff in posts E trusting me really, like certain times I wanted to take stuff away or reorganize something because I just felt like I was rapping and I couldn't compliment those.
Speaker 4: Particular hats or I had a hat pattern.
Speaker 5: Like him allowing me to tinker in the record making process, not just respecting me, you know, andto being just the MC, but allow me to make the best records that I could, to compliment the productions for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure. Man, So I'm gonna go through each one of these songs. Man, I want you each to explain to me. You know, I've heard the records already, but the people out there obviously hasn't. I'm gonna go directly the number two to cancel these nuts. What does cancel these nuts about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: The title track?
Speaker 4: Cancel these nets? So it's funny because I think that's like self stated, you feel me.
Speaker 5: But to me, honestly, it's a lot richer than most people.
Speaker 4: Cancel these nuts.
Speaker 1: To me is like.
Speaker 5: I feel like the industry make a lot of artists, you know what I mean, the powers that be, the the finance, the wealth Department makes a lot of artists, so like they can cancel them.
Speaker 4: They make you, they could break you. I always felt like I was always.
Speaker 5: Self made from the first day to the last name, you know, I mean, not self made.
Speaker 4: Olivia made me.
Speaker 5: But like as far as artistry didn't know, power, structure decided I was gonna be it. Matter of fact, they fought me tooth and nail the whole time, trying to stop me from being it, and I'm still I still end up becoming it, you know what I'm saying, So cancel these nehsing is my attitude that I'm gonna say whatever I want to say, and really there's nothing nobody can really do about it, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: There's no nothing nobody can do. You know what I mean, because none of you motherfuckers made me.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Period, It's something that God did himself, I mean, and my parents.
Speaker 4: So this is what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at the culture and the climate that we're in right now, it's really like that time. Man, Like if you saw what they did. I know it's a touchy subject, but if you saw what they did. R. Kelly for example, Yeah, he did some stuff that wasn't cool, but it was a whole lot of people that needed to be held accountable in that mix too, and they just pretty much ruined that. Man.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, Mark Kelly's situation is unique because really, you know, if he committed a crime like any other criminal, I understand. You know why they have a you know, a penal system to try to keep balance, jac you know what I'm saying. And I don't want without throwing any other anybody else under the bus. I don't think that's the most important part.
Speaker 4: But they made R. Kelly so they break they could break R. Kelly. They made it so they could break it.
Speaker 1: And that's what I see, and that's what I mean in his case. Right to me, it was a thing to where everybody was just kind of moved away from him. Didn't nobody want to be around them, didn't nobody want them to backlash to go on them, nobody wanted to suffer none of that heat. So it was like kind of like, Okay, we gonna throw him down the well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And it's funny because he did so much for everybody, you know what I mean. And but that's how it go I mean, man, that's why I run these niggas off the block anyway, you know what I mean. I don't let them be next to me anyway. I don't let him absorb my energy. I don't let him absorb my power. I don't let them I don't let him be around me, you know what I mean, Because I always already know like when it goes down, it ain't no friends. So we're not gonna fake like we're friends now. You know, maybe we could do some music, you know, maybe we could do something. But the people that fuck with me, they fuck with me right now. So that's all it is.
Speaker 1: Exactly, man, because we are living in you know, it's suppose it's to a certain level. We're supposed to have freedom of speech, right, but that seems to have been thrown out the window nowadays. It's like, if you see the thing about the wrong person, you could be in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 5: Well you got the freedom, you know what I mean. Just come with consequence, you know what I'm saying. And to me, that's what cancel these nuts the whole album, you know what I mean. First track on Down is about is regardless of the consequence, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm not looking to make friends.
Speaker 1: Now, EP, you are well reserved, brother, man, do you need to records scare you?
Speaker 3: I understand freedom of speech. I understand freedom of speech. I agree with.
Speaker 4: With the records, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I agree with with telling our song. Mmm.
Speaker 4: So they were funny to me, you know what I mean, It's like, all right, well let's go.
Speaker 5: I just think like a lot of it, a lot of it was just really being funny, man, Like as serious as subject matters or it was meant to be funny, it's all funny.
Speaker 1: You know. What man, and it's going on around like time gets be flying? Gee, do you realize how long then you've been messing with each other?
Speaker 4: Dog? Over twenty years now? It was crazy.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, it's crazy. So it's been eight years since I released my last album. Glass House two was like my tenth project. This makes my eleventh project, so I can put out Glasshouse two in twenty fifteen. And what really happened was in two, let's say twenty thirteen, I started to kind of fall down this this this this this.
Speaker 4: Uh, this rabbit hole of hip hop and records, you know.
Speaker 5: And I started off with records, you know, just that journey of understanding what records are about the science of communicating through songs, you know, I mean, because to me, that's what records is. It's the science of communicating through songs. People say, I use the word hit records or songs, but it's not like records are the science of communicating through songs, telling you an idea that makes it easy for you to digest.
Speaker 4: You can understand what the message I'm trying to cross to you is.
Speaker 5: Starting there, ending up in hip hop only being able to get Glasshouse Too out because it was so like, it was so much to learn all of this stuff about records and hip hop and then to end up trying to learn marketing. People don't know what the hell I went through, you know what I mean. It was just crazy. So I couldn't put out music at the same time as learning, you know what I mean. It's like trying to have a job being a doctor, you know, while in medical school, you know what I mean. You got to be at the very end, and it's like you got to keep going back to school, you know, even as a doctor, gonna keep having to learn stuff. So that's what it felt like like being this kind of one man you know, it's almost like a one man army. But really you have so much respect for what everybody else do, like what EP does as a producer, what Lester and Jason Joshua and Ea Ski dos mix is what you have to do as a manager, what my job is, or what James Brown job was as a record maker. And it's like going to school to be a doctor, And it was no way I could be out being a doctor while going to school to be a doctor.
Speaker 4: And that shit beat the shit out of me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It took a long time, so we here eight years later and I'm still grateful anyway, and now we just got Now the work begins, which is crazy because like we spent two years making this project. Me and EP started just fooling around and then we figured god a rhythm and you know, it.
Speaker 4: Didn't take a ton of time, but we just knew where we were going.
Speaker 5: So it's it's I'm happy to be here, you know what I mean. It took eight years to get to this next album. It's eleventh project, but I'm grateful yet to still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I love about it, man, is y'all really took it back to what hip hop is about the rapper and the producer actually being in the studio together banging out records instead of just sending beats over the internet, you know, emailing beats and you writing your wraps and they know there's no cohesion to that sometimes. You know, you hear records sometimes and they just sound like they're missing something that a lot of times that's the element of being in the room together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it just what the crazy is.
Speaker 5: Me and E wasn't in the room all the time. We might have been in the same room four times, but we was on the phone, probably fucking our phone numbers probably got thousands of hours.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know. Of course, with technology being is with it, you know today you don't necessarily have to be in the same room. But y'all was very much in concert us.
Speaker 5: No man, We was passing records back a lot of these songs, like epill tell you a lot of these songs. These are like the thirteenth and fifteenth versions of the exact songs. Yeah, like we might have went back and forth ten twelve times in small details, adding small things to hooks, like I hear Kanye should have never married that bitch right now, and I always be like that bitch belong, that bitch belonged. I should ask somebody with a d voice, come on, that bitch belong that bitch belong be long to the street. I could keep hearing that detail. Yeah, you know what I mean, and I don't have it. So I used to laugh when Dre all the niggas used to tell me they used to feel like a record wasn't finished because when I first got the bend and I'm like, oh, this record done, but now I get it. So a lot of the dumb shit I thought at first, I felt like asshole for thinking it.
Speaker 4: I would say this, I would say this. Still it boils down to one word, and that's trust.
Speaker 3: Like I trust him, you know what I mean, I trust him with the I ain't never just gain nobody my sessions, and like, hey man, just do what you do what you do, that's true, and vice versa, like he's never really done records like this, but like I know, he gets it, and he puts the right subjects to the right text of music, and it just worked. So it worked so easily and so fluently that that it was it's easy.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to do this. That's a great point.
Speaker 5: Like it was times I was like, yo, he sent me the session, and I might not want to arrange nothing, but like I might need to really just you know what I'm saying, like do something here. I need to move something so I could do something right here and then I can bring it back so you know, and a lot of times I even engineered, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'll send him back some shit I could to say, gee, let me give your credits too, because a lot of them drops you here on the records, Bro, that's him.
Speaker 4: He created them drops in spaces and even some of the collaps and rhythms. And I'm like, only a hand for only.
Speaker 1: She is actually turning into a really good all around artist. He's producing, yeah, you know what, you know he's producing. Now, he's writing. And I remember it used to be funny when I first met G and he make records. I always knew he was a bad motherfucker on the mic, right, but we was.
Speaker 4: You know, we start fucking hook sound like a rap? Like why do your hook sound like a rap?
Speaker 1: To kind of tell him because he was in there making records now here, I'm just going off on his hook and I'd be like, bru, that sounds like another damn verse. Man, It's like shorten that sh up.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: What's crazy is I ain't grew up listening Like I grew up listening to music, but I didn't grow up wanting even be a rapper, So structure was not my strong suit.
Speaker 1: But again we.
Speaker 5: Though, like White Lightning, we don't don't get a lot of credit because he moved to Atlanta. It was dope working with EP like he This is the truth like it ain't about EP is the producer of the project.
Speaker 4: But we made records together like we're gonna go back and forth and I'm gonna keep pushing him.
Speaker 5: And it was really wonderful, doggor It really was fun, you know what I mean, Like the business side, we got so much stuff to do, man, But it's like it was. It was, it was. It was better. It was a It was a better experience than I thought it actually would be.
Speaker 1: You know what I think about sometimes, man, And I really think about this, man, just from where you at as an artist, man in the chemistry that when EP got I'd be thinking sometimes, Man, I wish you would have had this shit when we was on the Big Boys.
Speaker 5: Funny man, it wouldn't have worked as well like I mean it had been. I think I would have had way better records, you know what I mean than I had to some degree, especially the second you know, move a Beach Cruiser.
Speaker 4: But it's better now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: To sound crazy, and I know we don't got you know, Birdman writing four million dollar checks, but the music is so powerful in itself that it's going to create four million dollars worth of promotion no matter what so I always I thought of that. I'm like, damn, man, I wish I'd been having EP do this and that. And then I, you know, again, questioning God ain't necessarily the smartest move. You know he got He put EP right in my and my and my wheelhouse right when I needed in there, you know what I mean, when it would make sense when I could appreciate even what he does, Like my appreciation for what he does is unbelievable versus when I first met him, I just knew he made beats and he could play. I didn't really understand, you know what, being a real you know player mint that shit is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. We was just talking about that, and I was telling the man, I wish I could play the piano, because it's different. When you were up there and EP was just in there playing ship without looking at it, that was me.
Speaker 4: I'm on that motherfucking EP.
Speaker 5: And this is the point, like, this is where nobody understands, And this is where it won't matter when you listen to cancel these nuts unless you really know this motherfuckering straight up.
Speaker 4: He don't loop the melody lines.
Speaker 1: Through. Ain't that something else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I gotta I gotta thank G too, because like me and G had a conversation. Bro like it. It goes back and forth. Because we had a conversation. I'm like, man, I gotta get my name in the street. I'm tired of these little niggas like man E P.
Speaker 4: I heard EP.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, nigga, I'm finna get your name back because I do stuff for Tech nine and jay Z and all these but it ain't in my backyard, you know what I mean. So I met G when I did Bastards of the Party the whole soundtrack, so Bone introduced me to him. But the record he put he made on there was he put a hook on it by one of my favorite artists, which is uh with John Mayer waiting on the world, waiting for the world to change.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, how.
Speaker 3: Did this this dude come up with that hook for that song. So I had an appreciation for him because of the musical IQ was so high even back then that was what like seven o nine something like that, and we always said we're gonna work together, and like.
Speaker 5: He said, dumb, we learned stuff alone the line, Yeah, I mean, we knocked out other records and I came and did something. He did something for me, playing on stuff on white Lightning and two you know what I mean. But like when I when I finally came out of this cocoon, you know what I mean, like like this metamorphosis and be coming to like this this like I'm really a professional rapper. Like I went from being a street nigga, like a nigga that used to sell drugs and gang man and thought I was getting over on the rap industry to becoming a professional rapper, professional record So you know, coming EP, it was just at the right time where you know, I knew exactly in my mind, I knew exactly what to do, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Once we once we caught one.
Speaker 5: All it took was one because we did about four records before we caught one, and I was like, Okay, this is where we're gonna murder at.
Speaker 3: And this is still this is odd too, because we made up tempo records very very easily, and normally those are the records that are the hardest to make because people over think those records and they like I need a hit, I need to hit them, and me and G was just knocking them out the park.
Speaker 4: Organically without even trying.
Speaker 1: That's when you use to get your best work. You know what I want to do, g Before we continue on with the album, I want to do a six to seven minute breakdown to just your history and music from where you came from to where you are at this moment, because I really feel like that this is kind of like your what's the word I'm looking for? This is your shining moments, your grand moment right this album right here, this is the culmination of y'all work and just me seeing y'all just do what y'all do over the past few years. Right, I don't think people realized. I want them to get an appreciation. Man, you came out, man, you came out of games Camp and had one of the biggest buzzes on the West Coast that somebody had in a long time, right Yeah, yeah, because I was listening to you and I was like, I remember my boy black toning up in the shop talking about you, and then you was up there. You know, one day you was playing your record that you had with battle Cat. Yeah, you was playing with your record that you had with battle Cat Man. And you know, to go from there, man, to having this bidding war man that going to Sony Man, do you ever feel like, man, that you've lived a thousand lives in this industry?
Speaker 5: Shit, Before I got into the industry, just being in the streets, you know, you sell shrim and shit and you gang bang man that you.
Speaker 4: Feel like you lived a thousand dollars there.
Speaker 5: So coming into the industry, you know, I really didn't know what to expect. Honestly, I really will. I really had different.
Speaker 4: Plans for myself. I wanted to have more.
Speaker 5: Like a death Row, like a street funded like like a dope boy funded street label, you know what I mean. They put out records under there, and you know, I got through into the real major leagues, you know what I'm saying, Like not like death Row. It was like, yo, you gotta make records with Lil Wayne at this point, you know what I'm saying. So before I even got to the industry, I felt like I lived a thousand lives. Then in the industry, I've been through hell and back, you know what I mean. Upside down it's nothing.
Speaker 1: So you can guys put another project like this right man, and you're going through what all you've been through. It's almost like you went to college. That's what it really feels like.
Speaker 5: And it's a lot more like medical school than anything because.
Speaker 1: Actually, like you know, like you're actually in a graduate school, Like you just graduated graduate school with this right here.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny, Man, I put in probably roughly purely three years on just records, just understanding what records were. Then I put in another two three years on understanding what hip hop was like being able to simplify it into one, two, three, four five. It's why we always argue, Like I always, even people like you who grew up in the thick of everything, I'm like, nonfool.
Speaker 4: You just was living it.
Speaker 5: There's a real consistency of exactly what it is over and over again. And I feel that's why my opinion is so strong, because I gave blood up, you know what I mean, the same something I was doing playing, you know what I mean? I made it twenty four hours a day. And it's funny because marketing is a thing I spent the least amount of time understanding. But I felt like I would say I have a doctorates in marketing, Like I have conversations with people with master's degree in marketing, and I'll be schooling them because they don't fucking know. I put a lot of the ideas and their wheelhouse that make it simple to term hip hop. I feel like I got a master's, But records is always something.
Speaker 4: I feel like, there's so much more to learn.
Speaker 1: Oh what's a forever evolving thing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Like like hip hop, I feel like I don't have a ton much more to learn. It's more about feeling in some dots of history here and there. Marketing is pretty much a philosophy that can be evolved into however, you know, whatever place it needs to live. But records, man, it's so many fucking records to learn. And that's why. Like when I look at somebody like doctor Dre and I think about, you know, two thousand and one, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 4: He took a picture in front of.
Speaker 5: Those vinyls, and I'm like, oh my god, I finally understand what it means. Even like he as a as a real professional player of music and a part of a band and conductor of a band. It's like my respect for him is different because you know, you go back to guys like James Brown. Those guys have to play music to eat dinnerible.
Speaker 1: I just don't video shoot. Saturday brought. I said, man, where was you? Where you're coming from? He said, man, I just had to play. I said, man, how awesome is that that you get to go your job? Is you actually doing what you love and you just go I want to play some music.
Speaker 5: But think about it, like when you when people look at artists like James Brown and they wonder why it worked them. Dudes was traveling around the South, you know, for two years playing music to eat dinner. Like I was telling Metro this shout out to my boy Metro with Thomas Music and his artists, and he was like, his artists were struggling to kind of cross over into the business. And I'm like, that's because they don't have to do this to eat dinner. Like even people ask me how was I able to get a deal so fast, you know, my situation with White Lightning to move so many CDs. I'm like, because they got to the point to where I was doing this to eat dinner, So there was no room.
Speaker 4: To be fucking.
Speaker 5: I had to understand and learn what was going on. And so when I back to the records, when I when I look at him, you know, somebody like EP who plays he knows what everybody's this to. When he go plays at a party. He got to play the songs people want to dance to or they want book his ass again. And don't get me wrong, he might got now you know, if he got some royalty money and some money from other little stuff, and but he need that and you know, he need to play the music that they want to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have it you?
Speaker 5: I mean, So it's nothing when he comes in there and he starts to play music to make an album, because he already playing what made people like you know, as we start working on the next project, which is gonna come back, it's gonna come together a lot faster.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: We just gonna keep focusing on what people want to hear to make them be on the dance floor and and escape their real life for that four hours that that him and the band is playing, and him and with him and Furnished and the Furnace band.
Speaker 1: Is playing exactly man. You know one of the songs on here, man's a testament to your marketing progress. Man, it's Kanye should have never married that bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to the panic at the disco. It's funny is me. EP talked about that for four days.
Speaker 5: People think that was like some tongue in cheek shit where I was just like, oh, let me just talk about Kanye, and it was like, no, we made the record. The rerecord didn't even have that title. The record was just the record byself and it was great. But it was like, yo, like why should people care what happened to that bitch? Most of these people are not streaked, especially in today's time, so even the lingo, like when we say a bitch belongs to the street, they can't even recognize that lingo and slang itself is not as phenomenal as it once was, you know, appealing to mainstream. And I remember calling EP telling them like, yeah, we need to figure out we need to put this in the mainstream publics, right in their perspective so they can be like, oh, that type of girl.
Speaker 4: And so we start.
Speaker 5: Talking about it, and you know, I remember this nigga worked with Kanye three four five albums. I'm like, shit, I was like, this motherfucker got the perfect motherfucker. He's like, well, you know what, gee, niggo, He'll.
Speaker 4: Be all right, it's cool. This is what we're doing.
Speaker 5: And I remember just reading so many old titles, them long titles.
Speaker 4: Panic at the Disco.
Speaker 5: I was in high school when that shit came out, and I remember just these as titles, and I was thinking, like you only have when you look on a playlist on Spotify, though you don't even get to see the picture.
Speaker 4: The picture is tiny, the artist name is tiny.
Speaker 5: The only thing you can see is the title of the song, like, Yo, we need something long as fuck.
Speaker 4: So when people read it, they like, what the fuck kind of you know what I mean? And yeah, but it wasn't like some people like to call a term.
Speaker 5: I think I used to hear all the time it's clickbait, and it's like, that's not clickbait.
Speaker 4: That bitch really belongs to the street.
Speaker 1: Well, actually what you did, man, is you discovered seo as well. That's a long tail keyword that you created. You know, kind should have never made.
Speaker 4: It's a conversation piece, but.
Speaker 1: Piece, you created a long tail keyword, man, And I won't you know, get in that. That's a whole nother science, right, But I noticed, I said, Man, the titles that you come up with, you don't waste, You don't waste space. Yeah, you take everything serious. Now, I know a lot of people when I've talked to a lot of the other homies, a lot of the you know, other rappers in La Man, she is dope. He just overthink stuff. I say, no, he's not really overthinking, and he's just doing it right. He's striving for perfection or really just trying to reach their violent records.
Speaker 5: And because everybody else feel like if they put out a thousand records, they'll get there. That's the point where records it really take one, you know what I mean. Nobody got there with a thousand records. It still only took one. We can talk about a thousand records, it took one. You feel me Like Michael Jackson is still thriller. It take one, you know what I'm saying. So everyone deserves Dre says something that's really dope. Everything's important. I spell them with two e's everything's important. With the E it's E square everything's important. So if I can't take a little extra time to figure out the title, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's one song.
Speaker 5: Something like we're doing all this content for people to discover this dope ass music. It's gonna take one song at one time, and when that one time happened, that song.
Speaker 4: Need to have layers.
Speaker 1: Exactly believe that. I believe that because that one song is going to bring everybody back to your previous releases and go have them anticipate in everything that you put out in the future. So it's definitely a very important thing. Man. I think people underestimate.
Speaker 4: Man, the motherfucker live right now to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was this live right now.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go ahead and get this out there to the people. Man, I want each one of y'all tell these people why they need to go out there and stream this motherfucker. We mean, you both talked about the importance and shit and making it matter, Like why why should people go stream this album? Right now?
Speaker 5: My mind, man, it's the voice of the barbershop. Don't be scared. It's the same thing we're saying the barbershop. I'm just telling the rest of these I'm just telling the white people, man, they just didn't know. I'm making sure they know, so you ain't gotta deal with the embarrassment of saying the same thing we're saying the barbershop to the white people. So I'm representing you. Just let me, you know, go listen to it and be like, yeah, he represented. You ain't gotta even tell nobody else, just you know, it's.
Speaker 4: True, and it's conversation.
Speaker 3: It's conversation over quality music too, and we ain't trying to sound like nobody else.
Speaker 4: We cultivating our own sound.
Speaker 3: We got the drums up today, wrapped in music and melody, and you can there's no way you can beat.
Speaker 1: That, No way at all. Man. You know I was talked about those physical copies. Early physical copies are available of the album right now.
Speaker 4: Signed dot com, man store dot com.
Speaker 1: You need to head over to the cryptstore dot com. This is what you need to do. You need to go on order you a T shirt. You need to go on order a ball cap, you know, so you can listen to the record and stop.
Speaker 4: That you called it because of ball cap. Well, you is country, you know what I get it.
Speaker 5: But that's like when niggas say pop pop the club, you'd be like, oh, we're going to the.
Speaker 4: Hot The movies is the pictures show the pictures shop.
Speaker 5: You call your TV shows, you call your TV shows programs. I'm watching my program. That's what we need to write next. A program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to write program for real. So, so what's going on with the cryptstore dot com?
Speaker 4: Bro fires man, just all the crippiest crip ship you could add. Yeah, I'm working I'm working on.
Speaker 5: I'm working on making sure I create one of the greatest experiences for the average every day and similar to feel crippy and get cript out and enjoy the culture, you know, without having to dive for it.
Speaker 4: So come support the cryptstore dot Com.
Speaker 1: Exactly because at this crypt story, everybody is welcome. We're welcome.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I got so many, so many in my blood homies that hate crips, you know them niggas hate crips. But they was like glasses, I got you, so you know, it takes me back. It's my personal trap. It feel good to have a trap again, feel good to have my own spot again.
Speaker 1: Man, for sure, for sure, Man, I'm gonna go stream this album man, because you know what's so funny is management.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I feel like I never get to enjoy just the floor for them because I always hear the pieces. I hear five or six different versions of songs and sometimes I don't even know what's verses you put out to last hear that's what.
Speaker 5: You do to this what you do to a different But some of the greatest things in the world is fooling you, you know what I mean? Like your mind is so good with this this ship, and you're you're really good at records of hip hop and marketing, you know what I mean. But some of the best part is when I get you you what.
Speaker 4: The fuck is that?
Speaker 2: I know what that is?
Speaker 1: You know, hear stuff that y'all do, and I like, I know what they need. They need something different, but I can't catch it. And I don't want to tell him because he's like, no, you ain't got a big got you.
Speaker 4: Lost your thorns, big bro, you ain't got your record here no more.
Speaker 1: I'll be hearing it, man, that's what I'm I'm gonna put my bluetooth phone. Man, I'm gonna put my beach By Draise here. Man, I'm about to jam this.
Speaker 4: Mother, I'm going enjoy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me once again.
Speaker 1: We double back, sure, and I'm gonna tell y'all like this this is big steal breakdown on the record. Man. It's a sham and ass record.
Speaker 4: That's what I promise you that it is.
Speaker 5: It is a really Killer Mike said he got the album of the year. I think my album on Killing Mike album right now, Yeah, I gotta kind of slam back to back and compare him. I might do that a live, but like what Kill Mike? What Killer Mike has a substance my album? You know, my album makes up with attitude?
Speaker 1: Man. I told eight and Soaring Baker's were doing the top fifty gangster rap albums of all time, and it's getting kind of heated as we come towards you know, those like Final twenty, those Top twenty, because there have been so many just classic albums, and really, man, hearing this album, I really believe man, that this album when it came out fighting a month ago, we'd be having a whole different conversation. I'm even thinking about throwing it in there. That's why I want to listen to it to night in this entirety, and I want to you know, I don't want to seem biased, because see when I talk about you were eight, I don't want nobody thinking of he's just saying that because he got this. No, it ain't like that. I'm very honest.
Speaker 4: It might be, Yeah, I don't know. That's that's I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it's top twenty, bro, but it's for sure.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I was banging more than the shadiest one, but I'm sure y'all don't have the shadiest one in this proper position.
Speaker 1: So I don't know the shadiest one is actually one of our records in that though. Man, that's for the to wait and find out, like everybody.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's somewhere in the top twenty five. Yeah, somewhere, okay, long because if it wasn't in the top twenty five, I wasn't gonna I was gonna disregard y'all opinion completely.
Speaker 1: You know it is, man Dub put his foot in this, But I would say, man, that cancel these nuts. Man, I think you know it's hard to defind it. See, I don't believe in calling the record the classic. Man, until it's been out, you don't know if it's in the classic to five ten years down the line.
Speaker 5: Well, to me, it ain't even I don't even use that term no more because I don't know if we have the time for it.
Speaker 4: But what I definitely want to do is make.
Speaker 5: It a timestamp of twenty twenty three and twenty four. I want you to feel like, eventually, somewhere along the line, this album had to mean something to you or represented something, or you didn't like something about it during that time. And I think that that becomes the goal now that we got it out, because we didn't do a ton of marketing up front.
Speaker 4: What's funny is we just start marketing and idea this.
Speaker 5: Week and people starting to see the ideas and like, it's crazy to watch them come to life and people just be enamored, like wow, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and we just I can say one thing is doing is bringing back the feeling of man, uh, I'm glad you saying it.
Speaker 4: Somebody needs to say.
Speaker 3: It's hands down is getting that reaction so I can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely a recovery mission. It's not a discovery mission like hip hop used to be. It's more of a like recovering the thing that the West Coast represented.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for sure, we got I know, we got a few people on this platform. So this is what I need y'all to do. Go to the description. They're going to be links in there. I need y'all to head over to the cryptstore dot com, going to get your you know, your start a little set.
Speaker 5: They got cassettes, flash drives, autograph CDs, some close everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for all y'all niggas out there that still got boomboxes in your run, got you you know, and those are great collector pieces too, But everything is down there. I want you, guys man to go really stream the album right, leave a comment like you hip on his Instagram. Leave let him know what you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll let us know you get eddp in them comments. That'll let us know where we should be going next next run.
Speaker 4: I mean, where we're going.
Speaker 5: I got an idea for sure, but I just I would love to see y'all opinion on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. And this is against the Chronicles and we signing.
Speaker 4: Off, so chanst the Rap Chronicles.
Speaker 1: I knew you was gonna say that for some reason. And we out of here piece Yeah,