Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Gatty and no He Armstrong and Geddy some big sports news.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelcey just announced that he's returning for a fourteenth season with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Taylor swift Herd was like, hey, you know, I'm rich, right, I could buy Kansas City if you want me to.
Speaker 1: But he's yeah, he's not doing it for the money. Obviously. A couple of news items that just popped up on the biggest story in the world of the war with Iran. Before we get to something else, Joe mentioned this. There's more detail tails out Iran's new Supreme leader suffered a fractured foot and facial lacerations on the first day of the war. So he must have been nearby his dad and forty people that died or something. I suppose it could have been lots of other places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the propaganda people are referring to him as the wounded war veteran and son of the martyr.
Speaker 1: To try to prop up his straight cred. And if you're close enough to an explosion, and with a broken foot and cut up face. You were close enough, and I would think that'd leave a mark on your emotions and how likely you feel you are to survive for the next couple of weeks. Sure, And then the other Iran story, the military is considering naval escorts for commercial ships in the straight of horror moves. Obviously, that would be a big deal. If we announce okay, we're escort and the ships through Iran. If you attack them, what do we threaten. We've hit ten thousand targets or something like that so far.
Speaker 3: Well, and the problem isn't pirates right coming up to the boats and saying I am the captain. Now it's hitting them with missiles from Afar. So I'm not sure what the escort would I mean, they have missile defenses. I guess they could fend off incoming missiles.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I think that technology doesn't exist. I just don't know. I think it's more of a you directly attacked US boats. But like I said, they're attacking our military bases. We're blowing the Jesus out. We're at war already, I guess, is my point. We're already at war. So what you attack our ships, We're going to declare war on you. I mean, I don't quite understand. And then you're just looking at it from the practical matter of would that protect the ships as they try to get through? And I don't know that a right? Right? Yeah, all right? So those are those stories We've been continuing to follow the insane news coverage, and this might it's hard to stand in the modern era of news coverage for poorly portrayed stories in the news. I mean, it's really hard to stand out because there have been so many examples over the last several years. But this one with the ISIS attack in New York on peaceful protesters and the way they all media tried to word it in such a way that you would think that it was the anti Mumdanni crowd that were the terrorists, as opposed to it was they were the ones being attacked, the anti Mundani crowd. They were peacefully protesting in the way that you're allowed to do in the United States. And uh, and then some people came there to try to kill them, to stop them from the protesting. Ra Muslims did, Yeah, radical Muslims attempted to kill peaceful protesters. Is the headline that is a completely one true and not inflammatory because it's just the fact headline radical Muslims attempted to kill peaceful protesters in New York. And we talked about CNN's coverage with their weird two young men entered New York on a beautiful day. But everything changed when this weird, meandering, poetic story about something that happened to a couple of young men as supposed to portray it as radical Muslims attempted to kill peaceful protesters, which is, these trove from Pennsylvania with a couple of bombs to kill people, right, bombs that they made with the instructions given to them by ISIS in person when they were traveling to ISIS training camps. Yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: It was just a couple of young men could have just taken in a Broadway show or walked through the park jack but then a terrible turn of events occurred.
Speaker 1: According to CNN. What the f And I wasn't aware of this because I was paying attention to the video. But if you've seen the video of the one bomb chucker, so there's a guy there with a bullhorn and he's against the protesters. He's an anti protester. He's against the people that are protesting against uh Mamdani and Muslims in office. Fine, he gets to do that too, that's part of our deal. But one of the bombchuckers like grabs his shoulder and uses him for leverage to jump over him and throw the bomb. H that guy has been interviewed since this, dude, and he still says he's still talking about the original anti Muslim protesters as being the threat to America as opposed to the guy who used him as a ladder to throw a bomb and it could have killed him. Right. That's how crazy these people, how crazy these people are, and how crazy CNN is. They did this today.
Speaker 4: Two Republicans say Muslims don't belong here after an attempted terror attack against New York's mayor Zorn Mumdani, and the House Speaker Mike Johnson says nothing really to condemn those comments.
Speaker 3: Wow, they're just absolutely deliberately misreporting it.
Speaker 1: That is so wrong. So you're presenting the story again as if it was the we don't want a Muslim mayor crowd who were peacefully protesting, even though I don't agree with their politics. The lead guy is a whack of do in my opinion, but they weren't doing anything illegal at all, and they get to have that opinion. She's still presenting that as the threat. And then a terrorist attack against the mayor. No, no, it was a terrorst attack against protesters. That's just a flat out lie. And so Rich Lowry, this is where I came across this. Rich Lowry of the National Review said to follow the news for a living and say this days later, when your own news organization has already been embroiled in a controversy of the story, is pretty incredible. That's why I say this stands out even in today's amazing climate, for its attempt to obpu skate or to confuse viewers or listeners as to what actually happened there. I'll bet there are a bunch of smart people in this country who just kind of barely pay attention to the news, who think anti Mamdani people showed up with bombs to try to kill him, right, yeah, And why wouldn't they think that, because if you watch I had to rewind it on the news over the weekend because I couldn't quite understand what they're saying. I had to listen to it a couple of times to figure out what was actually going on.
Speaker 3: This is getting more and more obvious and will become so obvious nobody can ignore it pretty soon. But the Red Green Alliance that I'm always talking about, we're talking about the leftist parties in Europe, how they're in favor of decriminalizing drugs, turning all the prisoners loose, trans rites, and up with Palestine. And it's like, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, that's fine, But how was like abortion on demand tied to you know, being anti American or there's no there's no congruity there, just it's almost as if it's at random.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because it practically is.
Speaker 3: It's two things pasted together, radical Marxists who want to overthrow the West and radical Islamists who want to overthrow the rest of the West. You get why they come together, right, But so we've been raising generations of these radical leftist students who have been indoctrinated in our government schools, to the shock and horror of Americans because it happened under our ar watch. And so yes, all these radical leftyized kids who've been screaming about climate change and how and texting billionaires and a man can get pregnant and everything. They're every bit as nutty and hardcore with up with Islam and.
Speaker 1: Down with the West. Well, so what do you think Abby Phillip of CNN, who we just heard were the people who wrote that because she was reading it off telepround. Yeah, played again for us MIL.
Speaker 4: Two Republicans say Muslims don't belong here after an attempted tearror attack.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: New York's Mayor Zoron Mumdanni and the House Speaker Mike Johnson says nothing really to condemn those comments.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling everyone in her life, in her intellectual little bubble. And I use the term intellectual advisedly with this half wit, but everybody in her life is part of the the red green alliance of young people in that they know they can't say anything negative about you know, Muslims, they can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Positive about Trump.
Speaker 3: They can't find any fault with the left that just goes against their vows.
Speaker 1: I understand shading stories, spinning where it's not a lie, not the truth, you're misleading people. That was just a flat out lie. To say it was a terrorist attack against mum Donnie is just a flat out non truth.
Speaker 3: Now, I hate to undermine my own you know, parade here, but we are talking about CNN. Is it possible she's just an ignorance, has no idea what she's talking about, and has no idea what happened because she doesn't really pay attention to the news. She just shows up with her white, white teeth and her beautiful hair and her perky boobs and reads off a teleprompter.
Speaker 1: That's getting lots of attention now on Twitter because it happened this morning. Another one of my favorite commenters, when islamaphobia becomes a license to subvert reality. Islam a phobia? End quote. Oh yeah, I see, there's.
Speaker 3: No such thing, by the way, I mean, it's possible somewhere someone on Earth has a quote unquote irrational fear of Islam, but concerned about Islam as a political system, as a system of laws, as a quote unquote religion is not a phobia at all. It's a serious concern, So that a legitimate one.
Speaker 1: That's suggesting that cn CNN is so concerned about islamophobias like sweeping the nation that they have to lie about this story. It's just important. I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: I ran across another one of those bizarre stories where something terrible happened committed by a Muslim fanatic, and somebody said it might have been this bombing. Somebody said, my concern is that Islamophobia in a backlash will will come from this, and that's our first problem.
Speaker 1: Again, I say, we're at a new low or tipping point or watershed moment or whatever it is. I don't know, but this is further than even in the past of just trying to mislead you about a story, and how can you have the endless I saw a thing on there from some left organization about Trump's lies. Okay, okay, so you're you are going to combat that by completely one hundred percent lying about a story that anybody paying attention knows you're lying. You're there's a race to the bottom man, very frustrating.
Speaker 3: The extent to which anti Semitism has become part of everything the left does and and the nutty right as well, is really really troubling. But it's just an article of faith. If you're down with the anti climate change, you hate the Jews, These are odd times.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've noticed. God, I'd say, I don't know where it's going. I don't expect instance to get ahead.
Speaker 3: Expect UK's Green Party just put forth a new motion to declare Israel's existence as a nation racist. No more two state solution. Now, the Green Party supports the establishment of a single democratic Palestinian state of all the all of the historic Palestine, with Jerusalem as his capital. Uh and and and we'll just get rid of all the Jews. They're openly saying that in the Green Party in Britain.
Speaker 1: Now, if nine to eleven happened now, it'd be interesting to know what the coverage would be or how big the crowd would be to justify what the terrorists did, or or pretend that they were right wingers or something. I don't know what story you would make up, similar to the mom Donni thing. I don't know what that would be.
Speaker 3: Well, there would be a huge flow of wave of they're just reacting to the colonial oppressor conduct of the United States and it's allies the evil Jew in Israel. Yeah, it's really it's obscenely disgusting and it's suicidal by the way, you know, how about you uneducated, worthless, diploma toting Columbia grads. Take a look at the history of the Red Green Alliance, cause it's they've come together many times through the years to overcome Western civilization. The minute they beat back the regime they're trying to beat back, the knives come out and it's a fight between the Kamis and these Lombists who for to see who wins, and it's usually the is Lomists who win because they're meaner.
Speaker 1: I don't know. One of my favorite punditsas CNN, you have willfully misinformed your viewers. Yep, that's exactly what they did, which is a good way of saying. Lying is a your few viewers, But you's good, good choice, son, especially seeing n more on the ice there coming up.
Speaker 3: What the Democratic Socialists of America are saying out loud and is being ignored speaking of the far left in America.
Speaker 1: Yes, the national embarrassment is that US baseball losing to Italy is, oh my lord, a national embarrassment. It's a humiliation during wartime. No less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So a couple of things about the modern world. Number one, I was just looking at an ad I tried to save the number the picture, but it was unsuccessful and it's like cycled out. But it was a I think it was called get fluent dot com. It's a learn a language, you know, website app whatever, and and it said it's all AI powered and it said, uh, real life scenarios, you know, role playing games, fluency blah blah blah. But the illustration, the picture, the picture of it was a woman dressed as a princess or a Princess Brian or a fairy princess, Pixis Pixie space bride or something in bed in the loving arms of a robot.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: So or are they like trying to combine a bunch of different thoughts, like, hey, hey, listen, these real life role playing things. Is like if you want to get laid in a foreign country, but because it's an AI thing, we're gonna have a robot. So if you've ever wanted to sex up a foreign robot, this is the language service. It was just mystifying. I didn't get it. And the second thing is you were unwilling to do the hard work. Jack about why that new emoji has been canceled or apologized for something?
Speaker 1: Right? The new emojis Apple has dropped enjoy them, and it was you were quite right.
Speaker 3: The explanation was so banal and stupid. And it's that it kind of the like a distorted face kind of resembles that controversial smashing a piano or a guitar or whatever ad for the iPad that came out that people were aghast about.
Speaker 1: But people were upset because they looked like they were smashing.
Speaker 3: Ways to create art and saying use the iPad instead, right, exactly, And it was stupid and sucky and I hated it. But what does it say about the modern world that somebody could look at that emoji and pretend to be outraged that it kind of resembles that ad that they were pretending to be outraged about. Or some people may even the idea that I'm unhappy, therefore you will listen to me.
Speaker 1: Has become ubiquitous.
Speaker 3: I think, especially online, if I'm bitching, I will be listened to.
Speaker 1: I think eventually psychologists are going to understand or we're going to break down. There's like online outrage which isn't real. It just like half an inch deep, and then there's real outrage in your life. But on lean, online outrage is basically fake and performative, and you don't think about it in real life.
Speaker 3: Right, You're quite right if you engage in that, I'm sending you a San trombone emoji. You're a pathetic case, arm strong and getdy. His tongue is long and his judgment is sharp. Ladies and gentlemen, the great Gene Simmons.
Speaker 5: Because everybody in the world should listen to what actors and comedians say because they're so qualified. Basically, shut the film, do your art, and shut up. Nobody's interested in your opinions.
Speaker 1: That includes me, who I vote for, who I like? Who the fuck you think you are.
Speaker 5: People in America work hard for their living and they don't want to be lectured to by people who live in mansions and drive rolls voices. It's time for everybody in the entertainment and to shut their pie hole.
Speaker 1: There you go. If somebody had told me in nineteen seventy eight, you know who one of the most reasonable, pagestriotic people in show businesses Jene Simmons, I'd have said, the guy with the tongue in the blood sired.
Speaker 3: He is actually semi Seriously, if you don't know this, he is the son of immigrants. In fact, he may was he born on foreign soil in the old country, I can't remember. He is a fierce patriot. He loves this country so much. Love Gene Simmons.
Speaker 1: So I was watching one of my favorite pundits, he Leans Left. But he said about the war in Iran. I thought it was kind of interesting. It took one country to start it. The United States launched it. It'll take there are three involved in ending it. Though. We could decide we're done, but that doesn't mean Israel's done, and it doesn't mean Iran's done. We could decide we're done, but Iran could keep trying to keep the Straight of Horrormuz closed, which is going to be and that's not an option for the world. It's not an option for the world for that to be closed. So that's quite the bargaining chip that they've got right now. They tried to mine it yesterday. They sound out a whole bunch of ships with mines to make sure no oil tankers could go through there. We obliterated sixteen of those, but still you can't get ships to go through because I heard a captain interviewed saying, well, one I've got to worry about my crew. And two, the company that owns this ship and the oil does not want to risk the capital. So no, we're not going through until it's known to be safe. So a twenty percent of the oil shipping in this world is currently strangled. Yeah, and I don't know how that's gonna stop unless we can hit all the targets that involve missiles or rockets that can shoot at those ships. I was gonna say, Yeah, two possibilities.
Speaker 3: Number one, we decimate them so completely that they really don't pose a threat anymore. But that would oh man, that's the ships have to pass within about ten miles of the coast of Iran. So that would be really hard to do because it's a pretty easy potshot with modern.
Speaker 1: Weapons, I guess.
Speaker 3: And the second possibility is somehow this all comes to a negotiated conclusion that people believe, people in shipping believe, and they start sailing through the straining.
Speaker 1: Well, a negotiated conclusion, to my earlier point, that is agreed upon not just by US, but is agreed upon by Iran and Israel. Correct, because Israel could say I don't like this deal. Yunian made We're going to keep fighting, which makes the Strait of Horror Mouvez continue to be unsafe. Yeah, tough nut to crack.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if it's ironically exactly, but semi ironically. That was one of the reasons that we and Israel finally decided to take out the regime was that they were threatening to close the gates of hor the Strait of Horror Moos as a tactic whenever they are pissed off about anything, and we thought, all right, no, that's just not acceptable. We can't have a regime living there that has an on off switch for such an important to you know, see passage.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a quick little homework assignment for you, Katie, and then we'll move on to whatever it was. Joe Ed I just saw this up on the television, the hot water trend taking off on social media. You can figure out what that is. No, it's not. We'll talk about it coming up.
Speaker 3: Uh, when when we need to have a pool? What is the date? Be specific? Now, I'm saying June of this year, June seventh, that nobody will ever click on a story that says the hot new trend on whatever social media is.
Speaker 1: Some people's appetite for that seems to be endless. Yeah, that's fine, don't let them vote. All right, did you do you already nailed down? Do you want to payoff? What's the hot water trend on social media?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: People are drinking warm water because it kicks starts your your gun. No, it shut up. I don't know if it does anything, but I do that. I prefer warm water. I prefer room temperature water to cold water. That's perverse, that's just. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you'd said I prefer to couple with pharm animals than human women, I would have thought more highly of you than I do at this moment.
Speaker 1: What you drink warm water? That's specific. I just filled up my water bottle at the machine, so I put half cold and half hot to get it to room temperature. You wow, Jack, you are fascinating. Always order my water at the restaurant, and if if it's the sort of place where you can do this with no ice, Because then, Michael, this is this.
Speaker 3: Like the first that's the first time I've ever heard of this, and all the years I've worked with Jack, I know.
Speaker 1: It's like seeing your father at a leather club or something. It's just so disorient didn't realize this minor point would be so controversy. Sick, sick, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Speaking of sick and voting, Moving along Jack's we're going a pervert.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that that's just no need to dwell warm, no need to dwell all because I like room temperature water. That's that's there's you know what.
Speaker 3: I think there's probably something anthropological going on here.
Speaker 1: Human beings knew no coal, new and.
Speaker 3: No hold water is less likely to be rancid, and so we're drawn to drink it. But you, as the caveman who really ought to be booted out of the cave, are lapping up this fetid algae, choked gross pond water.
Speaker 1: Whatever's left in an indentation in the road.
Speaker 3: Right, God on his hands and knees with a straw in the middle of the road.
Speaker 1: The mosquito eggs in it, and you look at it an angle. It's got that rainbowy oil look to it. That's what I'm drinking.
Speaker 3: They're all, yeah, I hear you is my new guy. I've fired you as my new ghost writer to slander you. That's very handy. Speaking of odd behavior, the National Review had a great piece recently where they were taking a serious look at the Democratic Socialists of America to whom Zorin Mumdani squares allegiance and a handful of other politicians who are running for office across the country and a lot of young people support them at all.
Speaker 1: And they're just becoming a presence on the scene that people don't really question. And they point out in.
Speaker 3: The Review that the slightest bit of digging into the DSA's leadership, communications, publications, and activities reveal that the DSA is nothing less than an anti American subversion campaign rooted in Marxist ideas in maintaining terrorist sympathies. They don't even try to hide it, and why should they, they write in the Review. Like all good Marxists, they believe that their revolution is imminent and inevitable.
Speaker 1: They vow that Mumdani's victory.
Speaker 3: Is just the beginning of quote, a political movement of and for the working class that can defeat the oligarchy and win the political revolution. Okay, congratulations, Karl Marx. That's great, But when you get down into the nitty gritty, they are absolutely calling for the end of capitalism, even though in The New York Times is for some reason running interference for them, saying that no, they don't really want to end all capitalism, but they're very platform says in overcoming the old barbaric order of capitalism, the working class will not only liberate itself from its own shackles, but all of humanity from the parasitic death drive of capitalism. That doesn't sound like a position that has.
Speaker 1: A lot of wiggle room in it.
Speaker 3: No, the parasitic death drive of capitalism, as as capitalism's climate crisis ravages the whole earth, the well being of the working class is ultimately aligned with the survival of the whole planet. Blah blah blah. They are proud endorsers of Hamas of October seventh, and actually one of their founders, Maurice Instrument, who quit after the leading figures in the party celebrated the Hamas attacks on October seventh, twenty three, has described the rise of the entriists communists, who are now a majority on the National Political Committee of the DSA, which is their ruling body. The National co Chairwoman of the Political Committee, effectively the leader of the DSA, Megan Romer, is a self professed proud member of the Red Star Caucus, which describes itself as one of several Marxist Leninist subgroups within the DSA. I don't get, and I really would like to understand it. I think that the desperate fear of being an outlier is greater in human beings than I realize, because I don't give a crap if I'm seen.
Speaker 1: As an outlier.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it's absolutely in front of us that Zoron Mumdani, for instance, is an Islamist and a Marxist, or he's an Islamist with sympathies for Marxism because they're going to help him over throw the system, and that this political party that's actually getting people elected around the country is a hardcore Marxist organization that wants to bring down the United States and and the free markets. That is an enormous story. Why is it not being reported. Is it sympathy with them among a lot of media figures or they just don't want to say anything that sounds crazy, like I'm some sort of crazy right winger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's too complicated for a lot of people. Yeah, to too complex a story. Well, we're screwed as a society. Yeah, well, yeah, I'm not arguing with that.
Speaker 3: We're screwed, were doomed, We're screamed. On the other hand, your beloved dog is not.
Speaker 1: There's going to be healthier than ever. A couple of kind of breaking news stories to tell you about right after rough Greens.
Speaker 3: Oh my, all right, we'll ask you to sit and stay for just a moment as we tell you about rough Greens. It supplements your dog's food. It's not new food. It supplements the diet with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds help produce oxidative stress support, immune defense, and slow age related decline, helping your beloved dog stay active, mobile and alert as they age.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if your dog would shake hands with you before, but it'll probably shake hands with you now after the rough Greens are gonna like it so much. Well done, well done, rougherver and it's not gonna cost you anything to try rough Greens, So why wouldn't you try it? Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You discover the shipping use discount Gode Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. It's spelled ruff oh dog like spelling.
Speaker 3: Are u Ffgreens dot com use that promo code Armstrong, So don't change dog's food, just add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive.
Speaker 1: Woof first one this breaking. The New York Times reports the Pentagon has preliminarily concluded that the US was responsible for a strike on that school in our at, which is horrible, but the sort of thing that unfortunately happens in wars. And as I heard an Iranian journalist say, our own government has killed many multiples of these people just in the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't have any problem with just saying, look, it was a terrible targeting error. It is literally right next door to a Republican guarden purpose and on purpose, right, and we regrettably hit the school, and we will work to minimize that sort of mistake as hard as we possibly can. We certainly regret it. There's nothing wrong with that. It happens in war. It's a tragedy, but.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely awful. But if you're gonna make the argument that it's better the United States didn't do that because we had that school and leave the regime in place that murdered thirty thousand people just a couple of weeks ago. What that's bizarre and idiotic. It is here's the other breaking news story. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here. I hope this doesn't happen. US baseball team isn't in Elevenworth? Are they? Is Trump in prison? I'm for that. Traders to their country. Ooh. Senator John Cornyn, Republican Texas reverses his long standing stance urging Republicans to scrap the sixty vote threshold known as the filibuster to pass Trump's voter ID bill before the midterms, which would blow up the Senate, turn it into just another one hundred members of the House, and all legislation would just be majority rule from that point on, and it would be awful. But he's in a tight race, remember with that other guy, and it's all about who Trump gives the nod to, because Trumps said, I'm going to pick one of these guys and then the other one should get out of the race, right, So he's trying to play to Trump's favor right there with this and have get the nod for Trump. But if it ends up blowing up the filibuster. That is a disaster. I hated it when Democrats wanted to do it. I hated it when Republicans want to do it.
Speaker 3: To get whip sawed back and forth between wildly different policies even more than we are now, right, the.
Speaker 1: World's greatest deliberative body would just be another house. It's dysfunctional now, for sure. But man, you've given up the game. If you end the filibus absolutely, that's that's a big one. If that actually happens, all right, I'm more on the waist to hear.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty six Camel Beauty Show Festival was held last month at Oman, and at least twenty camels were disqualified because they had received cosmetic enhancements.
Speaker 1: I knew, I knew those homes were real. I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: So one more quick note on the DSA, the Democratic Socialists of America. They called for demilitarizing the police, ending prosecution for all misdemeanors, abolishing all prisons, which are seen as instruments of capitalist depression, therefore opening the border completely, and have long coasted events and shared staff with organizations sanctioned by the US, Canada and europe as terrorist organizations. That's the DSA, and nobody's talking about it anyway.
Speaker 1: That's enough of that. Have you ever been to the Hong Kong Gentleman's Club in Tijuana?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Many times? Ah the memories. No, it's one of your more famous brothels apparently in Tijuana, right across the Mexican border. If you don't know your geography, well, I mean it is right across the border from San Diego. You can take a little trolley walk there. Apparently, if you had gone to this brothel, you might have been side by side with a bishop, Catholic bishop there who has had to resign for not only taking money from the church two hundred and fifty thousand dollars of their claiming, but also making several trips to Mexican brothels there in Tijuana, Bishop Emmanuel Shalita, he's a seventy year old pontiff from San Diego. He has resigned and the Pope has accepted his resignation. This second brought to you by Viagra because he's a well he's a money stealing horn dog. Is one of chasing thief. Yeah, I mean, i'd I mean, there's a there's another one on the East Coast someplace I didn't get to this story. Another one of those uncovered a whole bunch of years decades long priest's abusing boys story. Another one of those you just just blow your mind how you can have that kind of institutional cover up going on for so long. So at least this guy was going down to Tijuana and sex up sex workers who presumably are doing it on purpose, as opposed to you know, you're sending your kid to the Catholic Church to be a choir boy. Anyway, this guy sold two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and he was a regular. He would take a private shuttle that was supposed to be used by various higher ups there in the Catholic Church, and he would take this private shuttle to the Hong Kong Gentleman's Club in Tijuana in the Red Light District do his thing there, I guess. Anyway, despite the damning allegations, a large crowd of supporters appeared in court yesterday, so many it required some advocates for booting him out, who wanted him boot it out because of the fact that he was stealing money from the church and whatnot. They had to sit outside because there were so many supporters there, which is interesting, good gracious.
Speaker 3: So the guy steals money from the church spends it on Mexican hose, yet a substantial part of the congregation is sticking with him out of love for.
Speaker 1: Him, because he seemed like a nice guy and is apparently his sermons were really popular. He was arrested back a week or so ago, March sixth, to the San Diego International Airport when he attempted to board a flight to Germany with nine thousand dollars in his bag. I don't know why he was going to Germany with nine grand to minister to this Germans. But he was charged with a ount some of embezzlement, eight counts of money laundering, in one count of aggravited aggravated white collar crime enhancement. I don't know what that is. I don't know if it had anything to do with the horse. Maybe if he got tired of the Mexican horse and won some German horse, could be, that could be. They're famous to the German Half of them are engineers. It's amazing how I mean this fits in right with the whole Catholic ideology here everything they teach. It's amazing how fallible human beings are can be. All of us. We all have that in us. Yeah, how do you, step by step get so off track that you're stealing a quarter million dollars from the church. I would think the fact that you're there on a regular basis, working with the poor, seeing people who are really struggling in variety of ways, whether it's illness or handicap or all the different kinds of bad things that can happen to people in your tape, and people donating money to help with that, and you can still steal that money. How cynical do you have to get be able to do that?
Speaker 3: Or corrupted by sin? I think if Jesus were among us now, and no, I don't claim to be able to channel him with authority, but.
Speaker 1: I think he'd say, that's the power of sin.
Speaker 3: Don't let it into your life because it will ruin everything you think you are.
Speaker 1: The next thing you know, you're at the Hong Kong Gentleman's Club in Tijuana. Sounds classy though, gentlemen's club. Surey, let's stop in. Sure it's very nice. If you miss a segment or how or the show gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty