Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Tilly and Tanya wrap an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub a dub dumb.
Speaker 4: It's early today. It's an early day for me, folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 4: It's nine am.
Speaker 3: It's just another day for me. You've been here since what like four Yeah, close to it.
Speaker 4: That's right in the middle of my sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely in the middle of a rem cycle, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: That's speaking from experience.
Speaker 3: That tracks.
Speaker 4: Oh she's back, by the way.
Speaker 6: Do you see the woman on Facebook who made bracelets scrubbing in bracelets and one of them says that tracks?
Speaker 3: Oh one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they never really own it. That's the only.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, one is it that tracks? One says living, one says scrubbing in. I'm Rebecca, I'm a Tanya red Star, modern woman and modern woman energy you Hillary Mon.
Speaker 5: I know, I get surprised at how like quick scrubbers listen to the episodes. Like I was just with a scrubber yesterday, Ashley, and she was talking to me. She was listening to the Devon episode and she was like, Oh, I just feel like it takes me to church and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that one just aired. I love that there's on it.
Speaker 4: Are you because you you're.
Speaker 2: A podcast listener, do you just like kind of search random You don't like listen week by week?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to podcasts, So I mean I will listen to some, but like it'll be when I'm looking for a podcast on a specific topic, so I'll like search the topic, and so I don't really look at the date or when it came out because it's not that's not relevant to what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Like, I listened to Brene Brown on one of her podcasts and it was from like I think twenty twenty one or something, and she was talking about like, oh yeah, it was my first she said something about like my first in person event since the pandemic, and I was like, when.
Speaker 4: The heck was this recorded? And I did not like that. You want it? Oh interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like to be as current as possible.
Speaker 4: But it's all current pop culture moment.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. Yeah, it's more for the mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, good to know. Yeah what a week.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, big week.
Speaker 5: We should start up by congratulating your girlfriend on her New York Times bestselling.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She so that morning was I think Wednesday she was supposed to find out. So she woke up that morning and googled, like the list, and it was the list from the week before. So she was like oh. She was like, I didn't get it. And I was like, oh, it's okay. But in my mind, I was like, that doesn't feel right, but I'm gonna be supportive, you know, so it's like it's okay. I was like, it doesn't I was literally thinking of Devond saying and like y'all having the conversation of like it doesn't change that the book is amazing or like the.
Speaker 5: Quality of the book, and so that's the same Robbie spiel he gave to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then she was like in the middle of a meeting and her uh I guess book agent called and told her, like while she was on the meeting, and she they told her she got number one New York Times bestseller. And so it was a very like it was a roller coaster day. So I'm so happy for her, and you know, I really just as the girlfriend, I really appreciated you coming to the signing.
Speaker 4: That was so kind and thoughtful.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even send a text and like invite I just because I was like, I don't know. Haley posted on her Instagram, so I was like, if they say, they say it.
Speaker 3: No, we tried. We were going to like bring the kids and stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, because we saw it and I was like, I thought so Robbie said it to me Haley's Instagram and he's like, we need to go, and I was like, yeah, we need to go. And then we were like kind of like logistically figuring out what we were doing that night with the kids and stuff, and he's like, we can't go, but you definitely need to go.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, of course I'm going. I didn't tell you that I was going. No, you just showed up, just showed up. What what are we good for if we're not here to support each other?
Speaker 4: So true.
Speaker 2: The Brene Brown podcast I was listening to was talking about how trust and relationships like friendships and everything, and it was saying like trust is who you uh, like, what is the term? She was like who you put your like where do you put your marbles in? And her daughter was like yeah, Like her daughter was in like third grade and she came home crying because she had told her friends something in confidence and then they she got into the class and they all started laughing at her. So she like was experiencing her try and she goes, well, Brenee was like, do you have any friends that you feel like you trust that you could give your marbles to? And she said she had a friend who always saved a seat for her at the launch table. And then she said at a soccer game, she said, Brenee said she was thinking she was gonna be like and then she passed me and I scored the winning goal. And she was like, but at the soccer game, my friend saw my grandparents and said, oh, there's your grandparents and she named them by name, and she said, oh, so and so and so and so are here, Grandma and grandpa whatever, huh. And Brene was like, that's it. That was how she earned of marvel. And she was like, well, it meant a lot to me that she knew that was important to me and that she remembered their names.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh my gosh, it's so true.
Speaker 2: Like the small acts of like showing up and like recognizing small things is what leads to relationships being deep and having that trust. Yeah, so yeah, I think you showing up continuously.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel the same way about you, Like I really really do.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like I know and like what's interesting in adult relationships. And I think because we've also never been friends when we've been in serious, committed relationships, like dynamics change and you know, like I used to come over to your apartment every single day and I wouldn't leave you alone, and the dynamic is different now, you know, Like we both have very very serious relationships. Mine has two kids involved, and there's like a lot going on in our lives. But I never want to lose that part of our friendship where we are always there for each other when we not only you didn't need me to be there, but like it was important for me to be there. You know, it's a big milestone for your girlfriend, and so like of course I'm going to be there, you know, And I think that's really really important. As we get older and we just get busier and busier, like I still you are that person for me, Like I know, no matter what, if I need you on like a Tuesday at four for something, like I know you will you would be there for me. You know, like and there's never we never hold anything against each other. And I don't know, it's just like a really it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm happy you have my marbles.
Speaker 3: I'm happy you have my marbles too.
Speaker 5: Speaking of marbles, Oh, on Saturday, So we wanted to have a barbecue on Saturday, and cause like it's summer, you know, and so Robb's like, let's like, you know, text some of our friends and have and then it was.
Speaker 3: Like dark and gray and cold out and so you.
Speaker 6: Bloom as unique I think to southern California. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it is just something we deal with here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we didn't last year.
Speaker 3: Especially burns off in the morning, right yeah, in.
Speaker 6: The morning till noon, sunny the rest of the day. Yeah, and that kind of rolls back in at seven or eight at night when the sun goes down.
Speaker 5: And this weekend, like I was wearing a parka, like it was like legitimately.
Speaker 2: Cold, you're in a parker best like the ninety percent of the year regardless of the weather.
Speaker 5: So our big barbecue plans ended up with jeff Becca coming over, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Well, she invites me. I think that day, right that morning for that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we had big plans, big plans.
Speaker 2: I was just like chilling in bed because it was like gloomy. I watched a man called Aldo, which we can.
Speaker 4: Get to later.
Speaker 6: Oh, I wrote that book.
Speaker 2: I heard the books amazing, but I was like sobbing in bed. And Tanya's like, Hey, We're going to do a little barbecue tonight.
Speaker 4: Do you want to come over? And I was like, thank god, I have plans because I'm.
Speaker 2: In a dark head space now. So I was like, and I was at Haley's because she was Haley went to DC this weekend, so I was just I just stay to her place. And I didn't have any of my stuff there because when she went on tour, I kind of took all my things because she was gonna be gone for two months.
Speaker 4: So I just took everything back to my place.
Speaker 2: And so I was like trying to put an outfit together and all I had were like boots.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, it's a barbecue, so I'm sure everyone will be cute.
Speaker 2: And Tania said like, oh, we're gross, but like I didn't know what that meant. You know, Tanya's gross ranges. It's a range.
Speaker 4: So I get there.
Speaker 2: She opens the door and she's in like just a sweat set. Her hair's wet, like freshly showered. Robbie's in a sweat set.
Speaker 4: And I'm the only one there, and I'm like in jeans. I'm like, not cute. I wasn't dressed up by any makeup on.
Speaker 5: Like Becca came in looking fabulous and I was like, I told you we were gross.
Speaker 4: I'm like, am I the only one coming? And She's like yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like I feel like there were some details left out here because I could have happily showed up in sweats. So but they cooked me the most delicious dinner and it was so fun, such a nice time.
Speaker 5: I will say, that's something that I really love about Robbie. He loves grilling for people. Like he like nothing makes him happier than buying like a juicy steak and like grilling it for people, cutting it and like there's so much joy in that for him, Like I don't know what it is, but he loves it and it's so good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm I love it too. He's a girl master, He's a girl mas Dad.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what was said. Oh, there was like a whole fish.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't really know how to like cut in or get this, and and Tanya goes, don't worry, Daddy will.
Speaker 4: Do it, and I was like, holy hell, I am in torment.
Speaker 5: I like to say things to make Mecca cringe, and I knew that one was really.
Speaker 4: Going to get it turn me off guard.
Speaker 2: I wasn't ready for it, and I I didn't like it, but Daddy took care of it.
Speaker 6: Did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like dad because like him grilling and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm like, there's mom and dad taking care of me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But during our after our dinner, I don't know, we naturally got on the conversation of using the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, because we're sharing a bathroom.
Speaker 4: Oh so okay.
Speaker 2: For Dean and Cayln's wedding, me, Tanya, Haley, and Robbie are in a cabin with one bathroom.
Speaker 3: One toilet.
Speaker 2: And the whole thing was like, there's cabins where they're getting married. It's closer to the venue, so everyone's going to kind of be in that section, or we could stay an aspen and shuttle in shuttle and so I was like, oh, cabin sounds fun, and Kaylen's like, well, there's one bathroom, but you know it's up to you.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, we'll make it work.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about and Probably's like no, no, no, like what there's one bathroom And Donny was like, oh, yeah, it's going to.
Speaker 4: Screw him up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to really mess him up.
Speaker 5: So then more than anyone else he likes, he's like a meander me meander's in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: It's his like thing. He can go in there for forty five minutes and.
Speaker 5: Just like scrolls and just like chills me. I go in the bathroom and I just do my thing and I get out like it's I mean and out.
Speaker 2: But you have digestive issues, so maybe you should meander some more.
Speaker 3: And I'm saying that's how we got into this topic, right.
Speaker 2: Right, So then Tanya starts saying that she since she doesn't have a squatty potty at rob at their place, she says she puts her feet up on the toilet seat, like.
Speaker 3: Because it helps, it helps the like the poop.
Speaker 5: I like, it's like a squatty potty, so when your legs are elevated, it helps push things through. So because I don't have the squatty potty, I do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, h.
Speaker 6: Like that is that comfortable?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you put your feet on the very edge of the toilet exactly like.
Speaker 4: The same thing about picturing you all it on the toilet.
Speaker 6: I feel like it would come out towards the front.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, let me tell you, It goes down.
Speaker 5: Everything goes where it's supposed to go, and it helps me, helps me go to the bathroom.
Speaker 7: If you're wearing jeans and doing this, you have to.
Speaker 3: Take your take them off, but I usually don't.
Speaker 2: Usually you just go full throttle Winnie the Pooh when you have jeans on.
Speaker 4: Yes, like everything.
Speaker 5: So what I'm saying is like, I don't like when I'm at work, I'm not going poop in the work bathroom like I usually go back in the morning.
Speaker 4: In the public house. That jail time is only in.
Speaker 3: The comfort of my own home.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure there's science behind this. I don't doubt that there's some science here is you should google it. So Robbie's like, there's no way you do this, like, I don't even get what you're saying. So we go into the bathroom and she does a tutorial and he freaks out.
Speaker 4: He's like, this is not happening. Can I play the audio? And I'm saying it it's so funny. He like freaks out because he's like, this is not a thing.
Speaker 5: And you know what I say, You should never shame anybody for how they use the restroom because some of us that yeah, yeah, you're right. I know.
Speaker 3: You got really upset.
Speaker 4: So that was.
Speaker 3: But I just want to say, anybody listening.
Speaker 6: And you feel like you get a more full release.
Speaker 3: Yes, more of it is excruciated.
Speaker 4: Excreciated.
Speaker 5: The word is ex Yes, I just want to let anybody know that's listening. However, you need to use the restroom if you have digestive issues, you do. You don't let society tell you that you need to sit there with your legs down or whatever.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 3: You baby boom, Yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: You and and you keep it to yourself whatever you're doing.
Speaker 5: You don't bring it up at a dinner party because, let me tell you, it did not end well for me that night.
Speaker 4: I don't bring it up at the three person barbecue. Why why don't we just get a squatty potty? Right?
Speaker 5: Because they are like an iore, Like I look at this. Whenever I had one, I would always hide. When I was dating, I'd always hide it.
Speaker 6: Before I went.
Speaker 2: I'd argue that what you're doing is an isore more than the squatty in.
Speaker 3: The bathroom with me while I'm doing us.
Speaker 5: No, but I don't do it when he's in there, and he's only been in there when I pee, not when I go.
Speaker 4: Regular happening.
Speaker 3: No, okay, I think the squad.
Speaker 2: I think you'll are in a place where a squatty potty would be like fine, just like to me.
Speaker 5: Now it's not about turn off. It's just like I don't like it. Like I look at it, and it's like.
Speaker 4: Maybe they have some chic ones that you.
Speaker 6: Maybe like a laser etched Tanya and Robbie squatty.
Speaker 2: What I thought like a monogramed what is.
Speaker 4: That's writing that down in my notes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll put it down your notes page. But speaking of what.
Speaker 5: Speaking and trying to find a really cute transition here, but such a good story.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll be back.
Speaker 8: He said, I love you, and then picked someone else. They haven't spoken in seven years. For the first time since their television breakup, they are reunited. Bachelor Ben Higgins, Bachelorette Joejoe Fletcher, and Jordan Rogers to together for the first time and you get to hear it all.
Speaker 6: Join Ashley I and Ben Higgen's along with Jojo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers on the Almost Famous podcast available now wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 4: All Right, we are back. You had you had a story before we took a break.
Speaker 6: I want to hear her transition from the squatty pot shooting story. That's what I'm most intrigued by because I know the story and it's a fantastic story.
Speaker 3: Speaking of let's say the common nominator is Robbie. Okay, great, that works a different.
Speaker 5: Night than that night the three person barbecue. We were at a restaurant in Los Angeles, and I'm going to say the restaurant because I don't think she'll get in trouble, right just maybe.
Speaker 6: Not Yeah, just a high end like, yeah, there are many people there that do her job, aren't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Whatever, it's a cute.
Speaker 4: It's cute.
Speaker 5: It's like a really cute chic restaurant in La I. We know the owner. We love him, great, great guy. But I was there and I was with Robbie and then two other friends, like a couple friends. So there were six of us total, and all of us you know, in relationships, right. So we're sitting at a table and this woman walks over who was like performing there.
Speaker 4: There's like burlesque dancers. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So she's like done up in this whole costume and she's so cute and so attractive, and she walks up to our table and she slides this note to Robbie.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking at this girl like you've got some nerves.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: This guy's got his hand in my lap. He's clearly with somebody, but you know, respect, he's hot.
Speaker 4: I get it, right.
Speaker 5: So then the whole table was like, oh, Robbie, he's got it, Like oh, someone's slipping him a nose, giving him his number, like you know, everybody's like all excited about this note.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything. I kept him my opinion to myself.
Speaker 6: He opens it not easy for you to do it. I'm sure on your face you.
Speaker 3: Could see sure on my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure he.
Speaker 6: Was planning it up right, like check.
Speaker 5: Me out, woo, it's been a while, and it's like, got one of these, you know. And so he opens up the and opens up the letter and starts reading it to the table.
Speaker 3: Hi Tanya, And I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: This is so freaking good.
Speaker 5: My name is blank, her name is not blank, but I'm just not saying her name. Yeah, And I am a scrub sister, so happy I got to see you here. I'm not normally this moody because she had to be, you know, for her for her work. I'm fifty per Tanya, fifty percent Becca. But I have almost an identical story to Becca. I am a Christian who has been with a woman for eight years. Anyways, just wanted to say a quick hello, a quick hello since I'm not supposed to.
Speaker 6: But I learnt initiate talking.
Speaker 3: I supposed to shade talking. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I love you guys. You guys are adorable, by the way. I have a great night. Love a day one scrubber.
Speaker 4: It's the PS high red Star.
Speaker 2: I felt so good about Oh my god, I would have been on a high. It was on a hot yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, hey, I loved it so much, so I want to she knows I know because then I found her on Instagram when we were dming, so she knows I saw her and we tried to see each other, and I want to go back and I want to meet you and take pictures and do all the stuff. But it was you made my night. You have no idea. Scrub sisters are everywhere and they are doing the Lord's work. Because that was such a funny moment of the night and I really thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: That is so funny, isn't that funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should go back and have a night at dinner night there. We should.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll see it when next time she's working and we could her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so good.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: So it's just so I just know, like knowing Robbie, it's so funny thinking about like him being whoa this you jealous? And just the high to I was like, oh, yes, I think I would have like elevated out of I see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty high high. It was a pretty high high.
Speaker 5: Like I've never done drugs, but I imagine that's where it would take me.
Speaker 6: Handwriting is very similar to your handwriting, by the way, it.
Speaker 3: Is to mine. Yeah, Oh my gosh, look at.
Speaker 5: Us sisters separated at birth. Speaking of sisters, did you watch the vand Pump.
Speaker 6: Roles transitions today?
Speaker 2: Speaking of sisters, did you watch the Vander Pump rolls?
Speaker 3: They're like sisters?
Speaker 4: They were Yeah, anymore right?
Speaker 5: But it felt like a good watch it. Did you you did it?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I haven't a.
Speaker 5: Single episode, but there's so much hubbub and like commotion over this scandabal that I felt like I wanted to watch the Yeah.
Speaker 2: I you know what, I can't understand that this man had two women fighting over him.
Speaker 3: Because he's so like gross.
Speaker 4: He gives me.
Speaker 2: The biggest ad Like, I can't even I can't watch it and take it seriously because I'm like, this can't be real.
Speaker 4: These girls are like what is happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: And I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this because people like hate this Quel girl, and I I don't like this for cael girl, Like I think what she did was awful and horrible and despicable and atrocious. I totally stand by everything that everybody says, but yeah, the level of hate and nastiness and just horribleness that is coming at her. To me is just so problematic. Like I'm like, this girl is gonna be severe. You'rely mentally messed up from this, And I'm not like it's not she doesn't deserve anything. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, you know, And she did a bad thing. Let karma get her. Like she's gonna you know what I mean? Like then this she's with this Tonguay, he's just gonna cheat on her too, you know what I mean? Like she will get what's coming to her just by living her life. But I feel like the amount of hate and the amount of negativity and harsh and mean words that she's getting is like so problematic.
Speaker 4: You know what they say?
Speaker 3: What do they say?
Speaker 4: The light that illuminates also.
Speaker 3: Burns Devon frank Franklin. That was a good one, Becka.
Speaker 4: I mean, so this is such a perfect example of like you go on a reality show your whole life, You're you're having this fame, the lights, the excitement, and then everything is exposed and the same thing that you were so excited about is the thing that.
Speaker 3: Burns you, burns.
Speaker 5: She's yeah, she's burning to burn and like I get like, I'm all Tea Mariana.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want her to live her best.
Speaker 4: People, it's like they're all human beings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just feel like the level that it's just it's like, I think she's going to be severely messed up.
Speaker 2: Social media has given a platform where there is zero, uh like room for empathy or compassion for people anymore. Yeah, Like even I see some things sometimes that are like so devastating, and I'll read the comments and I'm like, we have literally like almost numbed our brain to what we're being exposed to, to the point where we forget that there are these are like actual people and like, wait.
Speaker 5: This is the crazy thing. So I've never watched an episode, so I didn't know this, but apparently half the people sitting on that stage have cheated on their partner with people sitting in that room, Like literally there was like people there that have cheated on there. And I'm like, and they're bashing her and they're just like going crazy on her, and I'm like, and she was saying, She's like, you guys did this to me two years ago, and they're like.
Speaker 3: But we weren't like sisters.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, okay, so that makes it worse, Like I get, yes, it makes it worse that the level of friendship, but I'm just like, who were you? You were like a cheating partner two years ago. Now you're just shaking a finger at somebody else. It's just like it's so wrong to me.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. Is it over?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was the last reunion that aired like last week. Okay, but it's not over. It's like everything on my feet is like where do they stand now?
Speaker 2: And you know, I just feel like if there wasn't so much attention around it, there wouldn't be like if there weren't continuous reunions and rehashing of everything, then yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean Bravo's milking this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like there's a lot I mean there, it could have been like we had a full discussion about it, it got filmed, he did a reunion, and it's over.
Speaker 4: But it's like really gone on for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I hope she.
Speaker 2: I hope everyone goes and takes a nice vacation. I hope that Arianna find someone.
Speaker 3: Who's dating somebody. Oh she is? She like is it like it's her boyfriend. Oh great, Yeah, seems happy.
Speaker 4: Great. I hope everyone can move on.
Speaker 5: And I wish if anybody listening as a Scrubs sister and note, like, I'm so curious of the like how much these people get paid?
Speaker 3: You know, like how much these people get paid an episode?
Speaker 4: I think they're doing well, you don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't really, Yeah, I think that they don't make that much money off of the show. I think they make a lot of like endorsement deals and things outside of.
Speaker 4: It, but like just the contract being on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think so, because I'm like, how much is it worth to blow up your life like this?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, well, for some people, it's every Like some people are like, I'll do whatever.
Speaker 4: Just give me the fame, give me the you know right.
Speaker 6: The Hollywood Report Or reported in twenty twenty that the core Calf the vander Pump Rules makes around twenty five thousand an episode. That's they were making about ten thousand an episode before renegotiating in seventeen and eighteen.
Speaker 3: That's not about chunk change.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how many episodes do they do?
Speaker 3: Though? No, can you google that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yellow with the math, so twenty five thousand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they do uh oh, nineteen episodes for season ten.
Speaker 3: Times nineteen, that's almost half a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that's all right after taxes, and that's that's twenty.
Speaker 4: Five just like a base.
Speaker 2: That's not including all of the endorsement and Instagram and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So I stand corrected. That was a false.
Speaker 2: It's also they were getting like two thousand an episode trying to make it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, struggling, Like I was just like, what is it worth to be on this show that's like blowing up your life in such a way, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know that the show blows up your I mean the action and blew up their life. It just happened to be, of course, documented on a massive show.
Speaker 7: Arianna did an ad for like Duris Cell Battery. Okay, I watched it and I was like, there's a bunch of jokes here that I'm not getting the same. It was a baffling. I felt like I was in an alternate like a multiverse thing, because she's like, don't settle for anything less than premium, and then she winks at the camera and then she's got like a bunch of batteries and she goes into her room with toilet paper, and I'm like, oh man, this by so funny if you watch the show.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what this.
Speaker 7: I don't even know if this is a commercial four batteries, Like is it toilet papers and batteries? There's some vibrator thing in the mix at some point.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: I had the same exact feelings watching it, going I might understand this if.
Speaker 4: I was an avid viewer of the show. Yeah, but I'm not. I felt the same fever dream.
Speaker 7: I went to the comments to see if everyone's like, oh my god, this is perfect, so give someone Durasall a raise.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, I'm missing the joke?
Speaker 4: So lost?
Speaker 2: I know I need to like, I need to figure out maybe get updated.
Speaker 4: Brittany Escoto is like obsessed, So.
Speaker 5: Like, I watched the last three episodes of this last season and then the reunion.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's some good work, Tony.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, I'm want to be a top notch journalists over there. You know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of more wholesome television, the summer I turned pretty Season two trailer came out and there is a cinematic version of August that I.
Speaker 4: Am dying for. I need I need it.
Speaker 2: I need it for the summer once the sun comes out again. Here, I need it on Spotify. Yeah, it gave me chills. Are you nervous first season two? No, You're just fine. It's fine.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: Why are you nervous when I like a first season that much and there's all that hype around it, Like, I don't know, I always get nervous about the second season.
Speaker 4: Well, if they're all based on the.
Speaker 3: First season, was like, who is she going to pick? What's she going to pick?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: Think you like at the end you kind of figure out who she's gonna pick. So then I'm like, is it going to be as exciting?
Speaker 2: I think the whole thing is that the whole book series, you don't know. I think it's conflict of like who she's gonna have not read the books, I think either, But I've what I've gathered is that it's not like, oh, she chose him and that's that's it.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited. So last night I was laying in bed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I was like, what should I put on the television? And I was thinking about how Tawny had told me there was a new season of Love Island UK and there was only a few episodes, and I was thinking, part of the.
Speaker 5: Reason one there was only one, there's five. No, they're not out, they say upcoming.
Speaker 4: Oh there's only one two.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh but they go every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that really stresses me out. Oh yeah, the amount of episodes. Like I tried to watch a season. I think I got to like episode ten, and I was like, I just.
Speaker 3: Can't watch twenty five more.
Speaker 4: He's not sustainable.
Speaker 5: So I like say, there is a lull, there's like a lull between like episode like after Cossa more there's a little bit of a lull and then like then the end is good too, So there's like a good five or six seven episodes of like are kind of like.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, but you just burnt through.
Speaker 5: You put them on, you brush your teeth, you like have some fun in the bedroom, like do whatever you want, just like to have it back.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: With Love Island, those voices at host voice while messing around would be my nightmare.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. It didn't do anything for me.
Speaker 6: Were gonna stop talking about it?
Speaker 5: Now I think, but you don't watch, it doesn't mean there's a large large fan base for.
Speaker 2: Like people were messaging me like finally, like I'm so excited. Here's the thing, it's it's painful to watch forced conversation for me and the fact that they got coupled up by the public.
Speaker 3: I don't like that twist. They didn't used to be like that.
Speaker 5: They used to do it differently, where like the girls would be there and they would step forward if they want it, and then they would they would choose, you know. I don't like the pairing up by the public aspect. I don't know why they did that.
Speaker 2: It's new, but the other version's cringed too, because when someone doesn't get picked at the end, that like feels like childhood trauma coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they'll deal with it so well.
Speaker 5: That's what's so fascinating to me is the uk rs are so much more mature and like, I don't know, there's just no sweat, you know, like it's like it is what it is, you know, like we're good.
Speaker 2: I have a bad feeling. I can't tell if Molly and Mitchell are going to be like in game right because it feels too fast.
Speaker 4: The connection feels.
Speaker 5: There was one couple last season that was like that, but then they had a little bit of a situation in the middle and then they came back to each other.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you're going to find out and just fifty three short Yeah, just the thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe I like every tenth episode, every third Oh that feels that.
Speaker 4: Still feels like a.
Speaker 3: Lot, because no, you'll miss a lot. They read couple every few days, I know.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If I just kind of like keep up like every seven to ten, then I'm like, oh, by the end, no, I'll know everyone enough that.
Speaker 3: Gotta just stick with it. Just with this season, just stick you like this season. Well it's only two episodes, so I'm not.
Speaker 6: Really like zero point the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I'm not really. I do like Molly and Mitchell a lot. I don't know his name. I don't know his name, but he has the tattoo. He's has Tyreek Tyreek, he's the tattoo the lightning bolt behind his arm, because that's what you're he can hear out of.
Speaker 3: Did you get that part?
Speaker 5: He's deaf in one ear and then one ear he can hear, so he has like a lightning bolt behind it, because that's like his power, his superpower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really like he's the one that had met the girl before he forgot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I like him. And then that's pretty much it right now.
Speaker 3: Three Well, I'm giving it my best. People, bombshells coming in every day kills me.
Speaker 4: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's so cheering that I'm just like in my bed, like tense, like I remind myself to relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I did.
Speaker 2: I did give it a chance, and I will. I will continue so that we can maybe have conversations.
Speaker 4: But that's where I stand right now.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I'm enjoying the season.
Speaker 5: I'm not like I've only watched two episode, So give me like a week and then I can really assess.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, did you watch the Ellen Pompeo and Catherine Heigel uh interview?
Speaker 3: I started it and I didn't finish it, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I just saw like a ton I don't even know. I feel like I watched the whole interview.
Speaker 3: On TikTok, but I wanted to avoid that.
Speaker 2: It was so fascinating because I feel like there's love and like respect for one another.
Speaker 4: But I didn't feel like, oh, they're gonna yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: But it was like such an honest conversation and I it it felt like healing or something to see them together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though it felt there was tension, I was like, there's a there's a I genuinely feel like there's a level of respect for one another of like that goes deep, you know, to be a.
Speaker 5: Fly on the wall those first five seasons, like I really wish somebody could just write a tell all and let us know actually like what went down, I was. I would give anything. I'd give my left really my left sleeve of this sweatshop smart good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting because they were talking about uh, I can't remember Catherine or Meredith was saying that.
Speaker 3: They were like, her name's Ellen, Katherine.
Speaker 2: I can't remember who said it, but someone said their daughter was like, oh, she's such a picny girl. I can't remember if they were talking about Izzier Meredith and Ellen was like, I am the original picnic girl for the you know, and she did the picnic Choose Me, Love Me, and she I guess fought to she didn't like that scene and she fought to have it removed. She's like, I did not want to do it. I fought them on it, and she was like, I had no idea it would be this like iconic scene from the whole show. Wow, But I thought that was so interesting. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that she.
Speaker 3: If that didn't exist, I don't know who I would be today. Honestly, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: But I liked that.
Speaker 2: Katherine Heigel addressed like how the rumors of that she was difficult on set and stuff, and it was it was just a very honest and Ellen in her back.
Speaker 5: She was like, when a woman is inconfident and in charge of like who she is and what she wants to do, she's deemed like difficult and a bitch, and it's just such a double standard.
Speaker 3: And it's true.
Speaker 6: It is true. They said that there's a lot of stories about politicians. Female politicians are always getting stories, Oh it's just awful to her staff, But you never hear those about male politicians.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's because all males are great. No, I think it's because they're kind of expected to be jerks. Yeah, and I think that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know that Ellen Pompeo's filming a limited.
Speaker 4: Series for Hulu this fall.
Speaker 2: No, it's going to be like our first time we see her outside of Scrubs.
Speaker 5: She'll still be marred with the green right, Yeah, she's gonna be Yeah, she'll be back for I guess the twentieth season begins.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I want to watch it in full because I was like just so sucked in by the clin.
Speaker 5: Love series that that variety does the actors on actors. I love that they do that. They always pair up the most interesting people. They always have the most unique conversations. I just think it's really cool variety. If any scrubbers work for you, good on you.
Speaker 4: Good on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always very thoughtful. Yeah yeah, I really enjoy it too, and beautifully Shaw, It's just like a great piece of work.
Speaker 4: I agreed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should take a break and come back with emails.
Speaker 6: Fancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, guys, Rosa in Sanchez and I'm Eric Winter and together we host that he said Aadijo podcast. Yes, after eighteen years together fifteen married, we still disagree about a lot of things, but we do it with mutual more right.
Speaker 6: Eric, Yes, dear, whatever you say I mean.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can be a dream popper, okay again, but I love the way we can be open and honest.
Speaker 3: With each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe a little too much.
Speaker 1: Listen to he said a Yadijo as a part of Michael Tura Network on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or whatever. You listen to podcasts.
Speaker 5: All right before we get to emails. Yeah, a lot of questions about your double date with Krishelle and g Flip.
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't. It wasn't like a double date. Really.
Speaker 2: I was saying that I was saying that we should have a double date because we were all at La Pride together because g Flip performed earlier in the day and then Haley came out with Fletcher and so we were all there together and it was so fun and like right when they started dating, we went and had a dinner together, and I just love both of them, and I feel like that we're our relationship kind of our relationship dynamic, kind of mirrors each other in the sense that like Krishelle and I have both been on reality TV, and then g Flip and Haley are both like artists and like very like serious and driven and focused on their work. So there's like this similar dynamic between the four like all of us, but they're awesome. It was so fun. I told you, I really want Krishelle on the podcast.
Speaker 3: And what's what's stopping her? I think I think that she hates me. No, I'm scared of her.
Speaker 5: Why because remember I like did a trending report on her on Earth Ryan Seacrest and she like reposted it and was like this is not true. Yeah, And I was like, I know, I didn't say it was true. It was just a quote that came from this guy's mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't mention she hates you, so I don't think so.
Speaker 6: But she's more rebutting what he said than what you were saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've never had I've never experienced that before and it.
Speaker 5: Was a level of of uncomfortableness that I never want to feel again.
Speaker 4: But I was just telling her.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's we we have experienced such a similar story. And like it's a very busy gals.
Speaker 4: She's she's filming selling sunset.
Speaker 3: She's sure she has a studio in her house.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was it was really fun. I think Pride was crazy. It was like a mini Coachella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Pride's got budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had some budget, like Megan the stallion I carries.
Speaker 4: I was not expecting that, so that was really fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Shall we get into emails?
Speaker 6: This is from Actually they're all anonymous these days. I have found people have stopped giving us the names and that's fine. First one says I'm having a hard time currently. January, my fiance went off his antidepressants to see if he would feel okay. It's been months now, but he has not improved. He's doing a form of treatment soon, which I'm hopeful will help. The reason I'm emailing is because I made a trip to my parents' house recently because we're getting married in September and needed to get some things done. My dad stepped in and says he thinks we should postpone the wedding. It feels very hurtful. I was looking for support in this situation. Depression is a part of him, and I know that's what I've signed up for. My fiance has been excited about our wedding and I would never want to take that away from him. How do I get past this with my family? I feel judged and I don't feel comfortable around them now, I've always been super close with them, so this is hard. Your podcast is a light in my life weekly, So thank you for doing what you do nice.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that you're navigating this. I think that sometimes our especially our parents don't maybe sometimes understand like mental health. Like I feel like that's a conversation around our generation a lot more and like younger generations, like we're like talking about it a lot more.
Speaker 3: I think that our parents go ahead, go ahead, Well, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Gonna say that.
Speaker 2: I think that sometimes with like our partners, we know our partners better than our parents will ever know our partners. So you've made this choice. You know that he struggles with depression, and he's doing his best, and you're doing your best to show up for him, and you know that that might be something that you're navigating for the entirety of your relationship. And your parents are just wanting to protect you and and make sure that you're not getting into a situation that's going to make life harder for you. Is what I feel like is how happening. And that doesn't mean that they're right. It just means that they're You're like, they're baby girl, and they're like, we don't want to see something bad happen to you, and if this is a struggle, we don't want to see you struggle. And I think it's just as not as easy, but it's having a conversation of like you are going to make the decisions for your life and you know what you're signing up for with this, and you're there to support him and you want to move forward with a wedding and know that they're not doing it from a place of wanting to hurt your feelings or not have you feel supported, but they're just they're just wanting you to be protected.
Speaker 4: That's what I feel.
Speaker 5: I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I think that parents just want their kids' lives to be as easy as humanly possible. And it's not necessarily it's not how life works, you know what I mean, Like, it's just not how life is. But I think that is the lens at which they view everything in and so in there eyes, this is something that's going to be really hard for you to deal with, but it's life, and that is something that you love this man, and this is something that he struggles with, and this is something that you've chosen to take on, and you are choosing to take on, and that is you know, like you are doing it and you are capable and you will do it. I think parents just see it as black and white. Honestly. I remember when I first started dating Robbie and my mom kind of was like it was like our second date, but she was like, oh, he had like about the fact that he had kids.
Speaker 3: Like she was like, that's going to be hard for you. And she's right, you know, like she it is.
Speaker 5: It's something that's not It's not like I'm just dating somebody willy nilly.
Speaker 3: It is like an obstacle, but that is.
Speaker 5: Something that I chose to do. I signed up for, and you know, like I think, it's like you have to just take your parents. You have to listen to what they say, but try not to take it to heart, because they just want what's easiest for you and you just kind of had in a weird way. You kind of just have to brush it off and just keep living your life. Don't let it come between you and your parents. They're your parents and they love you, you know, so just keep your relationship with them, try not to take it to heart. I know it sounds really hard, but know that it's coming from a place of love and just keep going.
Speaker 6: Next one Anonymous, I'm looking for some advice on how to navigate my relationship. My boyfriend and I've been together a little over seven months. He's divorced. He has three kids. Their mom only has visitation for a few hours on Sunday and it's supervised. That's interesting anyway. He has met most of my family and friends, but it doesn't feel comfortable having me meet his kids until we've been together for one year. I one hundred percent respect his decision and only want to meet them when he feels it's right. But I'm having trouble because I feel like I've welcomed him into my world. His kids are his world, so it's hard to feel validated when I don't know the biggest piece of his heart. I am thirty three, he is thirty seven. Tanya, Yeah, the tall actually.
Speaker 5: Together, Yeah, I totally. When I say I can relate to how you're feeling, I can one hundred percent relate to how you're feeling.
Speaker 3: I felt this exact same way. Robbie was very, very protective.
Speaker 5: He did not want his kids to quite frankly, he didn't want them to meet anybody until that woman was going to be in their lives forever. And so that's a lot of pressure when you're newly dating somebody, you know, because you want to that you're right, Their kids are their world, and so it's like hard to feel that you're fully in somebody's world when you haven't met something that is so important to them. But I think in hindsight, looking back, that time was really hard for me, but in a weird way, it was nice to have that separation for as long as we did, because once you do meet the kids and you get involved, it's full on. You know, there's no like middle really with it, you know, like there's you're Once you meet the kids, it's full on and it's a beautiful experience, but it's a totally different experience, and your relationship is going to change.
Speaker 3: The dynamic changes, and so I would.
Speaker 5: Just say to try and live in this moment where you just have him and it's just the two of you. Because we did that, I didn't meet them for close to a year, like nine months, ten months until I first met them, So try and live in this moment as much as you can and like cherish this phase of your relationship because you will meet them eventually and it's going to beautiful, but it's going to change the dynamic of your relationship.
Speaker 4: I can't relate to the feeling of it all.
Speaker 2: But I have so much respect for Robbie because I think that and I think it's people choose whatever they're comfortable with and how to introduce kids. But he was so protective to his kids and making sure that he wasn't just like introducing people that were going to be in and out of their lives, and he was so he stood so firm in that, and I knew it was so hard for you, but I now look he.
Speaker 4: Was hard for him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yah, of course, because I'm sure he was, Like I would love for them who.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't want their kids to meet you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And where would they say that?
Speaker 5: He's like I envision us all being together and having breakfast and watching, you know, like I was doing stuff with them, Like I dream of the day where we're all doing this together, you know.
Speaker 4: But I just really respect that he.
Speaker 2: Did it on his time, and I think it's really respectful because I think it probably would have been easier to have you there to like help and entertain right, like to go on trips and have you an extra.
Speaker 3: Hands set of hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think about all the time when we're doing stuff together and like one of them wants to do something and the other one wants to like go get a sandwich, you know, like I can divine and conquer.
Speaker 3: And I think about that all the time, like how.
Speaker 2: Much easier it would have been if he would have just been like whatever, It'll be easier just to have someone there. So I really, I think it's really respectful to hear these stories about people waiting because I think it just shows their level of you know, wanting to make sure that you're the right person and also what's right for their kids.
Speaker 5: So you just didn't want a revolving door, and that might be with what's going on with your boyfriend right now too.
Speaker 4: Yeah in seven months, so you're almost two years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're almost there. Like I I remember after three months, I was like, okay, when am I meeting the kids?
Speaker 3: Like I was ready like six weeks Yeah, so what do we do in dinner?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think when you fall in love with someone, you're like I want to be involved in every part of your life.
Speaker 4: I want you to be in every part of mine.
Speaker 2: And I think for you it was like Robbie was involved in every aspect of your life.
Speaker 3: And I was.
Speaker 5: I remember that and you can feel like it does. It does feel isolating, you know, like they would FaceTime and I couldn't. Really I felt like I was invisible, you know, because you're not there. So it does like I understand completely what you're going through and it's hard, but it.
Speaker 4: You know what they say, it doesn't challenge. If it doesn't challenge.
Speaker 3: You, it doesn't change you, and we can all do hard things. Oh, Glennon Doyle, that's right. Well, I'll bringing it back to my GD.
Speaker 4: That was quick. I think that's it for today. You guys, that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't think we don't have a Thursday episode, so really soaked this one in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe replay it again on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Give us a replay on Thursday.
Speaker 3: And uh, we love you so much, see you next week.
Speaker 4: Have a great week. Bye bye m