Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Can you believe We're this deep into the NFL season? We gotta make every second count. With DraftKings Sports Book, you can make the most out of every game day. Bet on your favorite teams for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bits for betting five on any matchup. Get in on the action with DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code Shannon. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five books on the NFL. Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with code Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why to four sixty seven three six ' nine. In West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details and statespecific responsible gambling resources, eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash basketball terms.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite fourth Long Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number. Eighty five got us shout out on first day, early this morning. Fifth and thaty bingle legend your favorite number eighty five Route Runner extraordinaire. Yes, Yes, change, Oh Shoe, sat Coat Johnson, thank you, and not hit that like button. Make sure you hit the subscribe button, oh Shoe. From last night to tonight, we've gave. We're at five hundred and twelve thousand subscribers. That's right, five hundred and twelve. Please make sure you subscribe tonight camp podcast feed. You can also listen to it listen to it through the club shape shape. But make sure, hey, as a matter of fact, go ahead hit both of them go and subscribe to both of them. Go to Shay shap feed and the Nightcap feed. It would be greatly appreciated. Do us a favorite. Make sure you subscribe to Nightcap. We've also pinned Shaved by Laportier's link at the top of the page. The holiday's vastly approaching. They're closer than you actually think. Go out and get yourself a bottle or someone that you love. Let's jump right into it. Oh show the Rams beat the Saint. The Saints Derek Carr Matthew Stafford both broke for three hundred yards. Matthew Stafford twenty four thirty four three twenty eight two touchdown. Rams running back Kyrin Williams end of the game with one hundred and four scrimmage yards, his sixth straight game in which Waves have posted at least one hundred yards of scrimmage time, for the second longest streak the season, only behind ce Matt Christian McCaffrey seven. What did you like about what you saw from the Rams tonight?
Speaker 1: Listen? What I saw from the Rams is goddamn poo pooking the cool Oh pooka pooker, goddamn pooking. The Coula hoop a Cup and Brother Robinson. Yeah, listen, that trio. That trio is something special. That trio is something special, and we're gonna get We're gonna get to it a little later on. With Pook and the Coop at having the success that he's having. There's another topic of another receiver we're gonna talk about later on in the show. But obviously, you know, I always my leagues will always be to receivers when I see success, especially from the quarterback position, and when a team like that is winning. What Pook and the Coup was able to do tonight, especially as a rookie, which he's done all season long, is be consistent and his play is phenomenal. Stafford, Listen, he made some throws. He didn't even stepping, He didn't even step into some of the throws. And he on the money. He's signing on him. He's signed man. Listen. They look good, man. Even though they're seven and seven now eight and seven, the Rams are a team I think you don't want to see offensively when they get into the playoffs, that's the team that you don't want to see. That's hitting their stride at the right time and at the right moment.
Speaker 2: I think. I think the thing that really helps them is Kyrien Williams's ability to run the football, So now they can play action off of that and hit Cooper Cup, hit Robinson, hit Pook and the Coop Higbee. It was very solid tight end. They're they're they're they're very dangerous team offensively because of the multi dimensions of the multi faceteds, what they do running the football, play action off of that. Sean McVay is very creative. A lot of different sets, a lot of motion, get your eyes going, a lot of different directions on they're playing. They're playing extremely extremely well. Right now. The forty nine Ers played them, I think the last game to see I think the forty nine Ers play them. That could be a dangerous game for the forty nine ers because in the division opponent, they're very familiar with each other.
Speaker 1: So go ahead. I have a question for you. If they do play the forty nine ers, with it being the last game of the season, with the forty nine Ers obviously going to the playoffs, do the forty nine ers rest their starters?
Speaker 2: No, because they're gonna probably have to have that game to and now it all depends because they might need that game to make sure they secure home field advantage because they walk home field throughout the entirety of the playoffs. Now, if one of these teams loses again, let's say the Cowboys lose again, we'll see where it goes. Because right now, off the top of my head, o Jo, they have the best record at eleven and three, so we don't know. But if they lose another game, what is the conference record going to look like? We know Dallas has lost to the Eagles and they've lost to the forty nine Ers in the conference. We know that the Eagles have lost to the Cowboys and the forty nine Ers and the Seahawks in the conference. So that's three losses for the Eagles. That's two conference losses for the Cowboys. I think the forty nine ers have lost to I know they lost to Cleveland, which is an AFC team. Who are the other teams? They lost to the Vikings, which is an NFC team? Right that was a Monday night game, That's what I'm saying. Yes, Niners who The Niners lost to the Bengals, so they theoretically could for the simple fact they lost to the Bengals. They've lost to the Cleveland Browns, so that's too non not too non conference versus the one conference versus the two versus the three. And because they owned the head to head matchup against the Eagles and the Cowboys theoretically, as long as they go ahead and they don't lose them. But what's the Cowboys? The Cowboys lost three games? Right, Cowboys lost to the Eagles, the forty nine ers, No, the cars. They so they're good as long as as long as they as long as they only have four losses, they're gonna be straight. They're gonna be straight because they own the head to head versus the Cowboys, head to head versus the Eagles. But I was very impressed with what I saw with the Rams tonight. And like I said, if you've seen the resurgence, it has come at the direct time that Karen Williams has started running the football a lot more effective. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing about it is, usually when you think about today's today's game, you think about today's game. This is a happy it's the past happy league. It's a past happy league. Normally during my era, obviously your era too. One of the things that Marvin Lewis always harped on, is we're gonna run the ball. We're gonna run the ball to open up the pass. Yes, And when you think about in today's game, they throw the ball so goddamn much. Sometimes, you know, the running game, it really isn't effective, you know, to no point, but the fact that he can run the ball the way it can and it can help, excuse me, it can help offensively with play action drawing those linebackers in with him running the ball successfully as he did tonight. And that is why the receivers were able to get off because now you put the defense in the buying because they can hit you either way. Pick your poison. They can kill you on the run, or they can kill you with the pass when both have gone, well, shit, it's a goddamn toss up.
Speaker 2: If you look at the forty nine ers, they got Christian McCaffrey, You see how you see how fluid that offense moves. Look at the Buffalo Bills since the emergence of James Cook. James Cook, look at the Miami Dolphins with a chain and mustard. You see teams that can run the football pose a threat to run the football. How it opens up the passing game as opposed to the teams that all they really do is struggle. I think that's what happened a lot to the Eagles. The Eagles can run the football nearly as well as they ran it last year, and I think DeAndre Swift is having a better season, can run the ball better than Miles Sanders. But for whatever the reason, the offense the offensive line is not as strong, especially at the point of attack, running the football like they were last year. Also, the turnovers, because when you turn the ball over, you take a possession away. If you turn it over first down, you don't get you don't get to see what you do on second or third down. You turn it over on second down, you don't see what you get to do on third down. And Jalen Hurst's double the interceptions and double the fumbles. He had eight total turnovers all of last year. He's at seventeen with three games to go, so that can tell That shows me a little of why the offense doesn't look quite like it did last year. Last year, plus I still think he's Dean. Most quarterbacks, unless they've had an injury, don't put a knee brace on in the middle of the season. I mean normally, if you start the season with a knee like Manning and Brady, a lot of those guys, they've had knee injuries, they feel comfortable wearing that knee brace. Normally, guys don't come out there with no knee brakes and then at some point in time during the season put one on if they're healthy, because they are restricted if you're not used to wearing it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean question for you, where do the Saints go from here? Obviously they followed the seven and eight. The remaining schedule is the Buccaneers and the Falcons, who they've already lost too. Yeah, in the division already. So what do the Saints do from here? Are they still in contention that there'll be a wild card? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Now? Can Could they still win the division? They're gonna need some help though. Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that division bad man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. I mean probably eight nine, maybe nine and eight, probably nine and eight to win that division. O Joe, Right, I don't I don't think. I don't. I don't see any of those because I think Tampa has the best record of the division. What are they seven and seven seventy Tampa seven and eight, No, seven and eight. Yeah, so yeah, I mean it's still close. It's still it's still close.
Speaker 1: So that that division, basically that's a toss up. It is as up based on the final stretch of the season, based on what they can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh most most you okay most. He has time for the most touchdowns with Christian McCaffrey with twenty total scrimmage touchdowns. Oh, Joe, you've got something that we got to talk about here. George whoa, whoa? What happened George Pickings?
Speaker 1: That's my guy, George picking baby.
Speaker 2: At medio to not wanting to block to avoid injury. Jalen Warren, the guy that he was supposed to be watching blocking for some people played the game different If I was in that position, I would have blocked for him, but we played differently. So I need you to say, in the words of Rick and Ricardo, like he's yeah, Lucy, somebody got some plan.
Speaker 3: In the dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, listen. I love pick, I love pick I love George to death. I love the death And as a receiver, as a former receiver, what I've always wanted to do is I've always wanted to block for my running backs. Whether it be Rudy Johnson, whether it be Corey Dillon, whether it be Cedric Benson. Always Now, I'm not known as a blocker. I wasn't physically imposing. That's not what I did. But what I did do is I would get in somebody way and make sure and give my guy a two way go. You can go inside and go outside. Sometimes I didn't even have to touch nobody. I just run two people off. I just run two people off. In that situation with George Pickens, because they are losing, have a losing record, they're not having a good season. Based on the standard in which we hold the Steelers too, everything is magnified. Everything is magnified. Two weeks ago we had Deontay Johnson not blocking. This week we got George Pickens kind of loafing, Okay, loafing not blocking again. His reason for not blocking, we're similar to that of the reason how tang Dale got hurt being in a scrum a little bit and having people roll up on him. But there was no effort on that play. There was no effort at all on that plate. George, I know you're gonna see this, baby. I love you to death, but you can't do that. I understand what he's going through right now. To me, how I view George Pickens, and I would hope how some of us view George Pickens coming out of college. That is a transcending talent, one of the best, if not the best, coming out in the draft that year. I don't think there was anybody better than him. I see him as a player that can change the dynamic of a franchise, especially offensively from the receiver position that does not I'm not saying what he did was okay, but I think for George Pickens, they have underutilized him to the point where it's become demoralizing. It has hampered his confidence and his want to to even be out there on the field and contributing as much as he can. And that is a result of what I think we saw.
Speaker 2: I disagree, and let me tell you why. If you think that was the first time that he had done that, he had done He done this when they were winning. Deontay Johnson has done this when they're winning. So you think, Sunday, what's the first time that he chose not the block in the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good one. I'm glad I'm glad you said that. This is the first time. This is probably not the first time he chose not the block in the game, but this is the first time it's been brought to everyone's attention. It's been magnified on a higher scale where we all can see.
Speaker 2: Because, hello, but what's my favorite saying what's my favorite to court with you? You never accept anything in a win, you wouldn't have lost. So this when you was winning and you accepted it. What's the problem now?
Speaker 1: Right right right, and listen, what they gotta do now is George has to figure out a way. Deontay Johnson has to figure out a way. Listen, we have a problem in Pittsburgh. We have a problem in Pittsburgh. The eye in the sky don't lie and everybody is watching. They're going to be critical and analytical of every little thing you do. So what in Georgia d'at need to do? Don't be the problem, be the solution. You have a quarterback, you have a quarterback carousel, You have inconsistency play at the quarterback position. That means Deontay Johnson and George Pickens have to be on ten every single time. They got to do everything right every single time, because every little thing is magnified because the season is not going as good as it should.
Speaker 2: Can ask your question, yes, sir, Well you called ten passes, huh for two hundred yards?
Speaker 1: Ooh well over, wait if I got two hundred yards, I don't need ten passes. Just give me about six six passes.
Speaker 2: Ask your question. So you got six passes for two hundred yards. Yeah, your paycheck was probably seventy five thousand. When when you called three passes for twenty five yards, your check with seventy five thousand. So what's the difference. You didn't get paid by the catch. You didn't get paid by the yard, right, right, So why these guys doing what they're doing. You say they're frustrated because they're not catch it. Their paycheck indicate they're getting paid the same regardless. Mm, you see.
Speaker 1: What I like? I like that point. But you get paid, right, You're getting paid right, Yes, you're getting paid to be utilized. You're getting you're getting paid the catch balls. You're getting paid to catch the catch touchdowns. Now, one thing I know about George Pickens. We see flashes of brilliance, we see flashes of a transcending it transcending talent that is being underutilized because every time I turn around, goddamn George just hit his head off the goddamn goal post. Yes, all the time, but they don't use him enough. This is me from the out the outs. This is from me from the outside looking in. I don't watch enough of the Steelers to be able to make a fair assessment on them. And it's totally I'm just saying from what I see.
Speaker 2: Can you know why? You know why?
Speaker 1: He you know? Wait, let me me plum my computer about to go dead. Hold on, baby, Oh, I'm in the game. Now, come on, well we go talk. We're finna be on here three hours at night. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: But you see the problem because George Piggres and Deontay Johnson only sees their worth and scoring touchdown. They don't see they add any value any other place other than scoring, other than catching pansses.
Speaker 1: So what aut You can't say that. You can't say that. You can't Why didn't they do that? Why didn't they block? Don't don't don't, don't don't put that on them? And I just said, you're defending them.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they block?
Speaker 1: No, you can't say, I'm defending them. I said what they did wasn't right. Why they did wasn't.
Speaker 2: Right, I said. I said, they see their value as catching passes scoring touchdown. They don't see adding value as blocking and the running back scoring touchdown. So again I reiterated you, why didn't they block on.
Speaker 1: Those specific plays where they didn't block? I can't answer that. Yes, I can't answer that. I can't I can answer because I'm not in their shoes. I just gave you because you didn't want to get h did you not hear him? Because say that, come out of here? Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, y yeah kay?
Speaker 2: What you mean you don't know? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait then I gave you an example on what just happened not too long ago with one of the great ones over there in Houston getting rolled up on. I understand what he's saying. But what you can do is you could block and keep your feet moving. Keep your feet moving, keep him things chopping. If you feel something come up under you, you get up out of there.
Speaker 2: O Joe, you in the wrong business. If you worried about getting hurt playing professional football, you in the wrong sport. You can't say. You can't say, man, I'm afraid of getting throwed off and say I'm a I'm a professional bull rider. That's a part. That's a part of it. You can't say, man, how do you become a VET if you're scared of blood? How do you how do you become a trauma surgeon if you're scared of blood? Okay, how do you say I want to be a lifeguarding man? Damn, i'ut of this water? You can't. So if you're gonna play football, you can't say I'm afraid of injury. That's a part of it.
Speaker 1: O cho, right, I know it is.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Listen you you screaming at me. Like I said that, I was just giving you maybe a reason on why I think he didn't block. He said what he said, and then I just add a little bit more context to it about the frustration that he might be feeling about not being able to be as productive as he thinks he should.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: But I'm not saying what he I'm not saying I'm not saying what he did is right. The best thing about it, I'm not saying what he did is right.
Speaker 2: I get that. The best thing that I love about me is that I have this great thing called recall. And I remember you telling me that receivers go out there. You said, receiver was not supposed to care who the quarterback he is. You got an infant job to do. So if he got a job to do, what doesn't matter whether or not he's catching passes. Right, I said that. I said that when I first saw it.
Speaker 1: I said that when I first start, I said, George, baby, you got to go out there and play, no matter whether you're catching balls or not. You got the hold your head up. You got to pick your chin up because you can't see me going if you got it down. But that's what I said. I say words.
Speaker 2: But he was frustrated. That's why he didn't do it. You offered an explanation for why he did it. It's supposed to be offered without explanation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just telling you why. I'm telling you why.
Speaker 2: I'm so.
Speaker 1: I know that body language, I know that, But I tell you the reasons I'm not saying is right.
Speaker 2: The reasons that you're giving that he's not he's underutilized. He's not getting the ball, the quarterback play. That's unimportant.
Speaker 1: Oh it's unimportant. Right, But I'm giving you reasons on why it's probably happened.
Speaker 2: Don't reason, so let me ask your question. So so now so what if?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: What if? Like the office Alivenement say, you know, hey, running back said, man, man, ain't let me run the ball, So I'm a miss this blocking let the quarterback get hit in the back of the head.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm not cool with that. But you jump on me. I'm just giving your reasons on why it's probably happened. Again, I'm not saying it.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you why it happened.
Speaker 1: I'm just just I'm just give you the A, B and C. You know what this is how he's probably feeling his frustrations. He's lashed out, he's angry, he's upset. That shit can be demoralizing and you can lose your confidence based on being underutilized. Knowing that you can help.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take it to it. I'm gonna take it a step for Let me tell you why it is happening because Mike Tomlin has allowed it. There are two things that play here. Either he's coaching that type of behavior or he's condoning that type of behavior. Now, whoa whoa, whoa whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Mike Thomas does not control grown men. He is not control grown men.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: Let's not put that on the coach.
Speaker 2: You either coach. You either coach it or you condone it. I'll give you about Antonio Brown, Chase Playpool, Deontay Johnson, Mark Tavia's, Brian, George Pickens, Santonio Holmes. Why is it? I just gave you six seven names and it's all one to Eli.
Speaker 1: You can you gave me six good ones to now you ain't give me no just give me no slouches. You gave me the boys.
Speaker 2: Think about it. Traded, Antonio Homes cut, Mark Tavius, Brian Trade and Claypool cut your traders. Antonio Brown, do you see a real current thing? You see a real current theme. They tolerate you, said they can replace you. You see your behavior? Now? You remember when Antonio Brown went live on Facebook Live yes.
Speaker 1: Lock him, yes, sir, And when it asked Mike Toma with no no, with no ill intent. Now with no ill intent, just room.
Speaker 2: Is off limits? Oh Joe, you know damn well, come on, don't do that now. I'm not finna let you pretend like the locker room isn't off limits.
Speaker 1: God damn, it's the careron that goddamn locker room after every goddamn game. Now it's a cameraon that NFL film. So let mess your question with Let mess your question like I like, I like how you move a gold post.
Speaker 2: No, so let me ask your question. Yes, sir, how much you think Antonio Brown paid to do that? And how much you think NFL film played you do that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The money?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 2: Oh the money?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know you grease them. You agree, you grease, You grease the right, prom you can do anything.
Speaker 2: And when to ask Mike Tomlin, was he gonna not was he gonna suspend Antonio Brown? He said no, you see no, Well.
Speaker 1: Look where ain't gonna get that guy there? Oh ship, I'm sorry, my bad. Where you gonna get that production from? You just go where you're gonna get that production from. And you just said you can replace They could they tolerate you to they can replace you? They ain't replace eighty four yet, Hey boy, that's boy, that's that might be top five nigga, they ever played this goddamn game.
Speaker 2: But you see what happens, you see but but you see what those guys saw Tony Brown with that kind of behavior.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no no no no no no, no no no. We're not gonna do that. We're not We're not gonna do that. We're not gonna do that. Everybody's their own individual. We're not gonna say, oh, George Pickett is only acting like this because of what Antonio Brown did. That's a grown man. Many hold on, I got one for you. I go on, I got one better for you. When George did George picking do what he's doing now at Georgia? Did he have any or was he was he an angel? Was he a saint of Georgia?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't know is his I don't. Honestly, I don't know. I don't know what. College coaches are a little different. It's a little bit more eye and fisted. They run it. Nick Saban runs Alabama, Kirby Smart runs Georgia. They run your ass something if you keep this kind of behavior. It's a lot different than that an NFL program. But what I'm saying is is that While've always tried to be mindful Ocho of behaving a certain way because I know people was watching me, and so what you don't want to have happened? When they start enjoying a little success, they see o Cho Senko bull driving, they see o Cho Senko not blocking. They see Ocho showing up late for meeting. They see Ocho showing up late for practice. There's a reason why they say we try to get bad apples out of the locker room. Because why Ocho influenced? There's a reason. Why do you you say, oh, that's a grown man. Do you see you follow politics a little bit? You see what's I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like politics.
Speaker 2: Okay, religion, go ahead, religion the pastor he has it. He said a certain thing, and they follow him, don't they. That's why they listen to somebody else. That's what you're talking about. Oh Joe, come on.
Speaker 1: Matters, Hey listen. I like where you're going with it, but I ain't buying it. I like where you're going with I like the way you explained it, but I ain't going with ain't going for that. George Picking is his own man. George Picking is his own player. He has his own style of play, he has a way he's always acted since he was who knows since he's even playing football. When you make it to the NFL, you are yourself. Nobody else is going to dictate how you act based on what you've seen them do.
Speaker 2: That's not not true. That's not true. That's not true. You don't think so let me ask your question. You ever seen this go take place in New England? You was there? Why did it take place in New England? Why don't we see this kind of behavior on the field, behavior, the holding, the false start pelosy, you're jump it outside, the lack of David could play. Why don't we see that in New England?
Speaker 1: They don't play that ship up there.
Speaker 2: But those are grown Mellian They could do it under what you said. You you said, no, no, no, I want you to listen. You said they are a grown man and grown men are gonna do what they want to do. Now I need you to explain to me why grown men in New England behave as opposed to grown men in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Listen, everybody in New England when I was there, it is expendable. Boy, you hear me. Stay with me real quick, now, stay with me. Let me talk to you. Everybody's let me take my glasses off. Let me take my hat off so you understand how serious I am. Everybody in New England during my time there, during that era was expendable except one centerpiece, and that was twelve. Your fuck are damn a key cursed. I'm sorry you mess around and you act up during that era, during that regime, with the talent we had on the team, you're out of there it man, man, let's it's different from top to bottom. It's different from top to bottom the way they run that ship over there, because we don't need any of these pieces as long as we got that centerpiece in twelve.
Speaker 2: You see why. But see what he did is he laid the foundation. Jimmy Johnson was the exact same way. You see. You never reward negative behavior if someone if see, a kid doesn't know, a child doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, unless there's a correction for the room. You see what happens. They started rewarding negative behavior. He said, he said, George Pickens is too is too talented for him to don't like any type of punishment. He said, he can't bench it because he's too talented. You see, you've rewarded my grandpa used to always say, boy, you never reward negative behavior. If a child act up, why would I give him my scream? Why would I give him candy? Why would I take him to the beach, Why would I take him to the zoo? Why would I take him to the amusement park when he acts an ass? Because I'm rewarding negative behavior. I'm telling him, if you behave in this manner, this is the way to get what you want. So must take repercussion for George.
Speaker 1: Technically, well technically in hindsight, the repercussions. He's feeling it because he's not being utilized. He's not being utilized. He's not putting up the numbers he should be. You told on what I know he can do. Again, people in the chat, I can't even see the chat right now. I'm not saying what he's doing is okay. I'm just giving you the logical reasons. As a former receiver.
Speaker 2: There is no reasons. Okay, there's no reason for not doing your job. So you mean to tell me I can come to my work and say, because I got something on my mind, I tell you do my job like I'm supposed to. If that what you're telling me, A question.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it happened, Sometimes it happened. Listen, stay with me real quick. You ever been in a relationship, right, yes, you ever been in a relationship and you're get in the argument. You're getting the argument at work and you at work and affects you at work.
Speaker 2: Talk I didn't talk about. I didn't talk about. I didn't talk to my girlfriends at work. I'm at work and I want and what did I tell you early on?
Speaker 1: So you you just missed everything I just said. Sometimes before you leave a house, okay, you get in the argument and it affects you when you go to work. It messes up your whole day. Everybody in the chat, they know exactly what I'm talking about. And I know y'all all of us done been through it. What did I tell you to understand what you mean? But in this case, you can't afford to do it. You can't be you have a job to do. Cats block and it scored touchdowns Ojo two two he does two other three two of the three.
Speaker 2: Remember I remember I told Yojo? Yeah, what did I tell all my girlfriends? I can bring work home, but I can never take you to work. If I got to take you to work. I got to let you go.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, stop right there, come on back, bring me, bring that to me again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can bring work home, but I can never take you to work because I got If I take you to work, now, that's interfering with my ability to do my job. Because at the end of the day, I'm paid to do a job. A man is paying me a day's honor day's salary. I got to give him an honor day's work. Free. My mind must be free when you step on that field, your mind must be free. I approach practice like a game because I wanted to become second nature. I wanted everything to be second nature, just like I wake up, I brush my teeth, I put my clothes on, I tie my jews out out the door. That's what practice led into the game. I couldn't get it wrong because I had done it right so many times. So that from that you have Oh Joe, and look, I understand, Ojo. Everybody does not have the same mindset, and so that's why it's so hard.
Speaker 1: All different.
Speaker 2: That's why so hard to win a championship as a team. I mean, if you got if you got a forty five talking Brady you're gonna win a lot of games. But the problem is you don't and you must be able to take the guys that really really want to do it. Because I was talking together. If you notice, Ojo, people that talk about each other, they do well together. But if somebody doesn't want to talk about it, oh he think he too good? Yeah, you see greatness. If you look at great people, they hang together, they cool. But average people don't like great people. Great people don't like average people. And you know why you and I have so much success because it's less crowded up here because people are being average. See that's where it's crowded at Ojoe. When it is up here on this smooth sailing, all you gotta do is work. But people don't want to work. They want X, Y and Z, but they're not even willing to do RST. You see, that's why I've been able to have the success. When people say Shannon don't deserve Shallon don't deserve anything, You're absolutely right. Shannon earned it because there's an opportunity. Everybody has opportunity, and so what I'm willing to do. Look at my work schedule, O Joe, you know what it is Saturday, we had a podcast. Sunday we had a podcast. Monday I did esp Uh, then we had another podcast. When did ESPN? Did ESPN on Tuesday? Had take Club shay Shape, I did? Hey did podcast on Wednesday? Hey ESPN today. I wouldn't take another podcast. Now I'm doing doing a nightcap with you. Got esp and tomorrow you see that you, oh, Jo, that's a price. I cannot ask God to give me something, and the complaints that you gave me too much? He said you ungrateful, you know what, and he knows how much I hate ungrateful. So how can I be ungrateful for someone that gave me something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, You're right. Listen. I can't even argue with you at that. After that sermon, that was good. They said you you and your feelings right now, so you very passionate about that. But again back to the top of your hand. Yes, back at the topic, George. I know you're gonna see this baby puld your head. I know how you feel it, I know what you're going through. I'm one of the few that can empathize with how you feeling because I played the position. I know what it's like to be struggling. I know what it's like to be losing and knowing I can contribute, knowing I can help, and not getting the opportunities that you may feel you deserve. Keep playing, man, keep playing when buddy running, whether it's Naja other young fellow of the young boy. Man, you've got the block, wife, just block. Your opportunities are gonna come. Man, I'm telling you better days, o hed Man, lock in, baby, Oh.
Speaker 2: Joe, you know how, how and why I've always been able to go and stand in front of when I was in high school or college, and once I got to the league, I could stand in front of a young man, older man, some older than I was, and command their attention because every man that looked me in my eye and heard my voice. No, I never asked more than I was willing to give. Yeah, that's what makes you a leader. They've got to know, if you're asking me to do that, I believe Shanna Sharp would do it. If I believe if Shannon's asked me to stay here, say I ask in. He's in the way he eats, the way he trains. You never ask more than you're willing to give. You'll never have a problem, right, It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you're born great or had greatness thrust upon you. What are you going to do with it? Yeah? Leader is something. You're a born leader. But greatness some people are born great some people have greatness thrust to pun them. What are you going to do with that greatness? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that. Well you preach where you preaching today? Well we just started where you warmed up? What who got the offered plate?
Speaker 2: That was? That was? That was?
Speaker 1: That was nice? THEA I know George, George gonna see this, and why watch the George gonna see this? But I bet you don't have no goddamn problems out of my dog no more?
Speaker 2: Hello? Uh Jay Avery said, come on, o Jo, you're backtrack and stop broadcasting that. You aren't trying to be knowledgeable, admitted to being unprepared. You started your scattering like parsons.
Speaker 1: I don't even know he talking about. He must not be listening here and what he want to hear because I had already said it was wrong. So how you even find something negative to say about what I'm talking about? And I already said he was wrong. I was just giving reasons on why he might be feeling the way he does based on the fact that I played the position for a long time at a very goddamn high level. So what is he talking about? Going ahead?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: He here?
Speaker 2: What do he want to hear?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is that holiday time of year again? Looking for something different for your favorite sports person on your list? Think game Time. Tickets for sports, concert and comedy shows all make fantastic gifts this time of year, even if it's last minute. The best way to buy tickets to any event is on game Time, the fastest growing ticket app in the US. Game Time is the only ticket app that gives you peace of mind with your purchase, then letting you see the view from your seat before you buy so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show you the total upfront so you always know you're getting a great deal, and it takes no time at all. You can buy tickets in seconds with two taps, so take the guest work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creating the count and redeem nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download the game Time app, enter the code Nightcap. That's n I g h T c ap for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time Today, last minute tickets Lloyds Price guaranteed. Randy Moss was on Kevin Hart Show Cody Ball. He said he's the goat receiver over Jerry Rice. He said as a guest, though, he says Moss made the case for his status. He says, hands down, I consider myself the greatest wide receiver to ever play the game. That wasn't a shot at Jerry. I still got respect and love for Jerry. But I thought that way that I changed the game. Oho I was. I was in the league. I was in the league when when t O played. I was in the league when Randy Paid played out in the league with Jerry played, And I'm it ain't close. You can debate a lot of their There there are two positions, I think now there are three positions. You mean close, it ain't close? WHOA which part close? That? The close? What? Whatever metric? Whatever metric you want to use. You want to use yards, you want to use touchdowns, you want to use ketchup, you want to use ring, you want to use all pros, you want to use pro bowls, you want to use your longevity? What do you want to use? What metric do you want to use?
Speaker 1: You saw Randy Moss play right? I did you seen t O play right?
Speaker 2: Yes? That was my top three week? The your top three?
Speaker 1: Yes? Jerry Rice? Yes, statistically is the greatest of all times. Yes, based on the numbers that he was able to attain over a very long period of time, very productive. Randy Moss and t O are the greatest receivers to ever play in the history of this game.
Speaker 2: Based on what? What are you based on? What are you basic on?
Speaker 1: Just skill in dual being wide receivers, just wide receivers. FU, excuse me? You know why do I keep cursing the day? Forget the numbers? I don't care. I don't I don't care. I'm telling you, I don't care nothing about the numbers. I'm talking about what they did on the field. Jerry the position?
Speaker 2: Did you not see Jerry?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Have you seen Masson too?
Speaker 2: Jerry has talk about Jarry has seven You've seen Mawson too. Jerry has seven thousand more yards than Mass. He has forty four more touchdowns been Mass. He has six hundred more catches than Mass. He has six more All Pro First Team, seven more than Mass he has seven eight, he has seven more Pro bos.
Speaker 1: You can't forget the numbers.
Speaker 2: It's the numbers.
Speaker 1: I hate. I hate this number game. I hate this number game when it comes to talent and skill set and and and how like Randy Moss and t o Clear, every fucking body, everybody, I don't care nothing about no numbers. I'm talent, you do you?
Speaker 2: I mean? T o Oh Joe, do you understand how ridiculous you sounding saying disregard to numbers when you play with where you playing? You hold on right? So why if catcher, why are you so if the numbers don't matter? Why are you claiming for George Pickens to get catches and touchdowns and yards it don't matter. You just said they don't matter.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, we're talking about I'm talking about I'm talking about talent and skill and you know who else?
Speaker 2: You know what you know?
Speaker 1: Listen's stay with me, baby, stay with me. Don't get frustrated. I love you. You know who else is in that conversation because we'll never see nothing like that again. Calvin Johnson like it's it's something different. Jerry is great, Jerry is great and all that he did, but it's something about Mass and Teo and I can't even explain. I can't even put in the words people in the chat. You you would have to really love the game of football coaches or or or or or or players from the past to even understand what I mean, the fact that I really want to get really passionate about it. But I can't break it down the way I want I can't.
Speaker 2: You know why you can't get passionate.
Speaker 1: I can't break it down the way I want to because everything, the focal point of everything is numbers.
Speaker 2: Because players for it that numbers matter at times.
Speaker 1: Numbers can't even tell the whole story based on Mass saying he's the greatest to ever play the game. But listen, but but what with with what he's saying, I'm putting Randy one A, ti Yo one B or you can flip off me either way. I love what Jerry did. It was phenomenal. It will probably never be reached even with the extended games and playing seventeen games. It's just for me. For me, I understand what most means. I understand what he means, and he didn't have to and he didn't even have to go in death with the numbers. He didn't have to go on death. He feels he's the greatest because of.
Speaker 2: Who. Feelings aren't facts.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's hard to it's hard to explain. It's hard to explain because everybody will debunk his case because of the numbers. That's it, Oh Joe, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to explain that I just said, because you know, I'm just telling you. I seen them boys with my own eyes. Man, I seen them boys up close with my own eyes. We ain't never seeing nothing like that. Eighty one, neither one of them.
Speaker 2: Eighty one You think you gonna see You just said you would never see what Jerry did again, two hundred and eight total touchdowns. So you tell me the person.
Speaker 1: Who times are different now If.
Speaker 2: You don't, I'm glad you said that because they didn't throw the ball like they do now.
Speaker 1: They didn't throw the ball, and Jerry's is shitting me. That motherfucking West Coast offense. Jerry was in with god damn Steve Young and they didn't what but you talk about they ain't throw the ball. I didn't do that you think they so you know they did was throw the ball.
Speaker 2: Now, this man gonna kill me. This man I was.
Speaker 1: I was there. What you talking about?
Speaker 2: How you mean how you was there? I was there. I played the laws there too, O Joe. I played the lion share of my career in the West Coast system.
Speaker 1: I know I was the ball boy. I was the ball boy for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Hello, Harr's Jerry Rice. Jerry is a thirteen time Pro bowl a, ten time All Pro, a three time Super Bowl champion, got A, three a Super Bowl MVP, and two time Offensive Player of the Year. Randy Moss is a six time Pro Bowler, a four time All Pro. No Super Bowls, no MVPs, no regular season MVPs. Okay, okay, we didn't put to your y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't understand the people throwing out all them fucking numbers. Just don't understand. Tell me what I understand. That will never be another to Yr.
Speaker 2: Moss, But there'll be another Jared Rice.
Speaker 1: No, it's being possible. It will be impossible. Impossible, want to be impossible. Listen to me, man, it will be impossible because of the longevity, the longevity, the level of talent and skill has increased. You're never yet, that's not gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: But you do realize that Jered have it? Hold on, didn't Jerry have a thousand yards season at age forty? Pull that up? I just want to make sure. I just want to make sure for context, because you say you love for people to provide context the greatness of Jared.
Speaker 1: Shoot, hey, I want to talk about the greatness of Monthfuger Moss and to yo okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. That's why, that's why I requested this topic with.
Speaker 1: Great I hate I hate what.
Speaker 2: Forty Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice at age forty had twelve hundred and eleven yards. If I'm not mistake.
Speaker 1: Hey, with the Raiders, yes, with rich gannon.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me all. I think I think Randy's last thousand yard season he might have been thirty. So we are we gonna Are we gonna disregard Tennessee? Are we gonna disregard that that return trip to Minnesota? Are we gonna disregard the forty nine ers? What are we doing about those stints? Yo? My name is Chad, got mean, oh yoe?
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do about Listen, I know we look alike. I know we're looking like. I got goto staff, I got too stats up here. Also listen, hey, you heard me?
Speaker 2: H thirty two? So his last five yards season was at thirty two. Jerry's last five yard season was.
Speaker 1: At fort at forty. Give me a hey, that's nice. That that's that's that's real nice.
Speaker 2: TiO was a sixth time Pro Bowl, a five time All Pro. He's one of three men that's ever been a first team All Pro on three different teams. TiO, uh historic Ted Hendricks and won Our Good Friend Primetime. Only three men have ever been first team All Pro on three different teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TiO, Hey, yes, I have a question in life when it comes to what you like. We all have preferences, right, yeah, right, yes, And so with those preferences, there's always context that goes with those preferences based on why you like them. So for me, Jerry Rice's numbers are great. What Jerry did during this time was great. But for me, my preference as a receiver, and I love them all. You know, I don't talk bad about nobody. You know that about me, I don't talk bad about nobody. My preference based on what I was able to see with my own eyes up close on the field, shared a team with t O to get a better understanding on his greatness. To me, them two are my mount Rushmore of receivers. Now, I'm not taking nothing away from what they did statistically, oh my gosh, statistically, or what Jerry did statistically, because when it comes to the great, yeah, when it comes to the goat, that is what Jerry is. That's what he is. But for me, I just said, based on the numbers, you're not listening to me. You got to stay with me that stuff. You're not listening. You hear what you want to hear you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Yoe, you just spent all this time saying Randy was the greatest.
Speaker 1: Well you know, honestly, they all great.
Speaker 2: That No, No, that is what we do, ojoeat what we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kobe, Lebron, Michael Jordan, Yeah, I got I got Bron.
Speaker 1: They're all great. Yes, they're all great. Okay, I just said that. You just agreed to me, and I just said Randy, t O and Jerry are all great. But I got Lebron has to go all that number all that numbers are different.
Speaker 2: I got to go. Everybody knows that I got Lebron is to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have Lebron as a go, yes, and okay you based on statistics, because that's what you would used right now, if I would, if I, if I would have tried to debunk the fact, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, st But but see, here's the thing, O, Joe, I believe, I believe in because here's the thing. In football, it's hard for a skill position player other than the quarterback and the running back to win the m v P. Right, So, but Jerry does have two offensive Players of the Year. He should actually he should have won. He should have won the m v P and agen VP in eighty seven the strikes the strike eighty should have won that, Yeah, eighty seven. He should have won the m v P. I think he lost it by one vote to John. But when you if you, if I want people to go, because we're gonna do a poll, who do we think the greatest receiver of all time is Randy uh t O or Jerry? If you go look at the numbers and you see how far Jerry, I mean, there's nothing. I mean, if you see how far the numbers and you see the the the accolades. I just don't know how. And it's not I can see, Okay, you know you know how.
Speaker 1: You know you know how because I play I play receiver and I've seen them boys up close, and I know what they can do. And I've seen it. I've seen it. I don't know how to put it in the words. I don't know how to explain it. But when if that ship, we ain't seeing nothing like that again? Man, and God through Calvin Johnson and that motherfucker why I'm cursing today, God forgive me, I said, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Right now. We got three thousand votes. Jerry has fifty six percent of the vote, Randy has thirty five, O has nine percent. We'll check. We'll circle back with that later. Uh, let's go. Simone Biles husband, you know what some Miles is the gym Miss Samone Biles husband said he didn't know who she was when they met. Says he's the catch. Sam. Come on, man, thank you man, thank you. Joe. He appears he said what he to who he said? He's the catch. Simon Boles and Jonathan Owens appeared on the Pivot podcast this week, which is Ryan Ryan Clark of fred Taylor and Channing Crowder's podcast, Guys do a great job. I love you guys. You know I worked with Ryan. I saw Freddy t and and chanting them at the at the fight right at the Bud Crawford and uh uh, what's still the girl? Errol Arrow Aero Spencer Jr. And I saw them and got an opportunity to really talk to them. For this man to fix his mouth to say he has he had no idea who some ow bios was and supposedly they went in twenty twenty. Now that was the time where the Olympics. Now the Olympics got postponed a year, but she was the face. She was the face of American gyp of Olympics.
Speaker 1: Maybe he and here's the ojo.
Speaker 2: And here's another thing. They're on this dating site for famous people. Why the hell is he on there? I get while she's on it.
Speaker 1: They got a dating safe for famous people.
Speaker 2: It's called writer, it's called rayah on that.
Speaker 1: They got INSTAGRAMM. They got Instagramm.
Speaker 2: But it offers a level of protection because she is some owe bios and you know, she just can't be, you know, talking to any weirdos. So I guess I guess they betted it. I have no I have no qualms or why she on that site? My question is why is he on it?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: What was that word you just said?
Speaker 2: What qualms?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me write that down because I'm I'm gonna use that and I'm gonna use that in conversation right there.
Speaker 2: But I like that, bro, So that's my my thing. And for him to talk about he's the catch, right right kind of cat man, I hear it. I get it because look here, this is how you know you're not the catch when everybody refers to you as Simone Bile's husband instead of by your first name. Yeah, yeah, that's Samone Biles husband.
Speaker 1: And I think he I think he understands that. I mean he understands that. I think he knows. And I think Simona is allowing him to be the man and make it seem as if you know you you are the one, you know, but the rest of the world will always see him as Simon Bio's husband and that and that's that, know, no disrespect to him. He does this thing, you know with the packers. But Simoan Bows is a the global iconic figure, the global yes, iconic figure.
Speaker 2: I mean the most accomplished gymnasts.
Speaker 1: She has.
Speaker 2: She has moves the biles they even did. She got moves that she can't even do in competition because nobody else can do the moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she is the she is the most decorated.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, as far as those, I mean, look how many times she's won the World championships. Look how many times she's won the US Championships. Uh, Larissa latinao the great Russian but Simons look yeah yeah, oh yo, yes, yeah, you got your used that you pauled like damn folk know everything?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know about Yeah, I love about Larissa Latina, I know about Olga Corp, I know about not of your cominique.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, yes, yes, I know about the gymnastics. Now, don't don't do that. I used I used to work the balance being in high school. Yeah, I used to work the ballance being in high school. But I just hey that that would be an that would be a fun relationship. In the off season, though, what like competing against flipping them too, just just going at it, competing in different different things that have to coletic ability.
Speaker 2: O Joe she's only four, she's only four foot tall. Maybe she weighs one hundred pounds. I don't think you weighed that much. But she to be able to you out understanding she you have to be able to how how wound, how tight.
Speaker 1: She's wound, wound right right right right.
Speaker 2: To be able to hit those moves and the tumble, yeah, and to locate and then to come down because a lot of those moves she's doing in reverse. Mm hmm when she.
Speaker 1: Whe Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something about tumbling. Back in the days, Scott projects in the eighties, the mattresses, you know, we had the two mattresses, right, yeah, you take the two mattresses. When your mama, mama, your mama make you change the mattresses, you know, talk about throw them away, put them on the put them on the put them on the pile. So then come pick them up. Man, we ain't put we ain't put the mattress on the pile. You get, you get two of them. You get your homeboy mattress, get your mattress. Boom. What do you think we out there doing?
Speaker 2: Flipping? Flipping?
Speaker 1: That's how we started. I know, you get Scott, Yeah, oh no, well we can flip. Now we can flip. So that was our that was our gymnastics. Scott projects me and Stupid minutes. You remember Marvel minutes, right, yes? Remember man? Listen man. We used to battle and who can flip? Who can flip the best? That that to me, that's an exciting relationship because if I was if I was him, I'd be challenging her every off.
Speaker 2: Season to do what lose?
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm just I'm just saying, like, put push the envelope, push the envelope. Let us let her let them. What'sh the on blow?
Speaker 2: That's like saying if you, if you was, if you dating Shakarrie Richards, say, come on, baby, I'm gonna I'm gonna blow the nose off you.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, we're gonna race. We're gonna do thirty thirty yard thirty meters, thirty meters.
Speaker 2: She gonna have your ham free. You'll grow. Oh.
Speaker 1: Now you know I'm in save baby, I'm in very good shape. But I said thirty meters because I know I can get I can get out. I know I could get out once. She but my drive phase is nice. You got to see my drive fame.
Speaker 2: Out because This is the difference between football speed and track speed, because I.
Speaker 1: Got I got track speed. Though I got track speed. Listen, it's three listen, stay with me, baby, it's three different phases and running. You got to drive face. You got to drive face.
Speaker 2: Yes, you feel me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that's what that's what I am. I'm a driver. I'm like Christian Coleman. You see, I had the fastest. I got the fastest five, ten, and twenty. That's why I made my money.
Speaker 2: There and a whole lot of they, and a whole lot of men that's not professional, not not fright stars that can carry richardson right.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, she'll be everybody I'm talking. She beat your ass too. That's why I only I said thirty meters. I don't want to go no first embarrassed me.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it's ten meters. Okay.
Speaker 1: See, you're doing me wrong. You're doing me wrong. I just told you my start, Joe, Christian comman O, Joe, you're not used to be in in no blocks? How you to? I trained with Fred Curly. Ain't gonna tell me I used to be in no blocks. You know what.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, I will get on when I've done here, I'm gonna get on the front with Curly and I'm gonna call me, call.
Speaker 1: Fred and ask Fred if we don't train together at Tropical Park, I trained with Fred. Okay, I get yeah, and listen, Me and Fred do block work together. We do two fifties three hundreds, Like I'm like that.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you doing them two fifties and three hundred ain't gonna help you in those thirty meters, So keep on. I know I was.
Speaker 1: I was helping train and talking shit in his heal, just to getting prepared for a meet.
Speaker 2: Samonn bows Is thirty times. She won thirty world medals, twenty three goal six, six time world all around titles. She's the first woman to win six all around titles twenty thirteen to fifteen, eighteen to nineteen, and she did it again and twenty twenty three, and she was just awarded the presidential Biden Awarded Medal of Freedom. But you know, let's just let's just say for the sake of argument, and I don't think anybody in their right mind think he does it. He didn't know who she was. Let's just say that. But to try to fix that mouth and try to Oh I'm the catch, bro you not broy you not you listen.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe what if it was a good thing, Maybe they had the dynamic in the relationship where she's allowing him to have fun. Sometimes women, sometimes women play that game. You know what, I know who I am, I know what if I've accomplished, but I don't want to make it seemed like I am bigger than my man.
Speaker 2: So it's okay, But oh Joe, you under Oh Joe, unless you are Jay Z and you married Beyonce, Who in the hell else can Beyonce be with that? She's not gonna be bigger than And look, I don't want to start in the room, but Lebron James, I mean, you gotta get something thinking about it. More times than not, they're only about probably about five men in the world, in the world that Beyonce could be with that, She's not gonna be bigger than.
Speaker 1: You know what, I ain't. I ain't even touching that.
Speaker 2: That's I'm just saying that's Beyondes Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: But that there are there you know that there are billionaires that we don't know about that are that.
Speaker 2: But that's the point. Don't nobody know about him. That's why they want their own professional team so that you can know about him. That's my point, Taylor Swift. How many men in the world right now is that they that Taylor Swift ain't gonna get top billy boy. Listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are very few people that have that type of I call it that, that type of aura life changes, life changing. If they're attached to you, it will change your life, which is why normally you can't even tell people like that to date up. Where the fun you going?
Speaker 2: Yes, where are you going?
Speaker 1: Jesus God, you already you already at the top. Yeah, that's that's that's that's that's dope. When you think about it, that's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: By Oprah. How many people get man, it is what it is. And you know, and you know, when you date somebody like that or you married somebody like that, you've got to be real secure in yourself because they gonna get top billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right by that. And when I think about it, when I think about their dynamic, you know, beautiful couple. But that's similar to that of Oprah and Steedman. You know, maybe he could just play. You can just play the back. You just play the background, like the way Stepmen does. He let let's simone take all the all the shine, all the glory. What she gonna do anyway, because of who she is, she's an iconic figure. And I think he understands that, right.
Speaker 2: Think about it? Uh, she said in an interview, in a couple of years, nobody is going to be calling him Simon Bio's husband. They're going to call me Jonathan Owen's wife. That it's gonna happen, baby, that it gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's what that's that's a wife.
Speaker 2: You hear that? Yes, But think about it. I mean, she's already fourteen, so she has to even shrink herself even more. M It's okay for one spouse to be bigger than the other. It's okay for the female to be top billy.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what you're getting yourself into?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I but it's I mean, look, I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like to me she's saying that because I think in her profile she got Jonathan Owens's wife, Am I correct? I think I think she wants to make him feel better because unless he unless he turned the air read I don't do it to Tevin or Dion. Is he gonna turn in the pride?
Speaker 1: Listen, John Johnathan Owen is A is A is a very very good player. I love him to death.
Speaker 2: She got she got in her profile. She got a ring wife at jay Owens. That's the first thing she got. This, she got Olympic gold medalist. This, she got Margarita and Mimosa's lover. This, she got dog mom, This, she got Houston, then she got snapchatsm On Biles.
Speaker 1: Listen, what's the first thing she got. What's the first thing in her profile?
Speaker 2: Again, a ring wife at jay Owens. There we go.
Speaker 1: That's all that matter right there. Yeah, that's all that's That's that's all that matter right there, brother Ja.
Speaker 2: But held on. This is what he got on his athlete, just a kid from Saint Louis wife at Simone Biles. You notice the difference what he got first?
Speaker 1: What he got first? Yeah? Okay, oh yeah, okay. I'm just making sure you gotta behaved.
Speaker 2: I'm just just putting that out there because you told me you like context, and I wander to provide. You wanna make sure I'm provided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: That was a good context.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: They are a cute couple. Cute couple.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, a Florida man catches a gator in a garbage being. I don't know if you see this, Ojo, Hey what Florida? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gators? Yeah, man, man, we had them things that when we were Shorty's.
Speaker 2: Now you ain't had no bligators with that far from Liberty City, but in open.
Speaker 1: Locker man on in the canal for the gators right there. That ain't nothing new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go then and finished. So he called him, He called him in a garbage bandy, I saw that you ever had it running with a gator?
Speaker 1: No, I'm in the hood. You know they did not to the hood. If they are in the hood, well listen, let me tell you when they are in the hood in which I saw. They were very frequent back back in the day we talk about early early late late eighties, early nineties. Yes, for some reason out of the D I don't want to say the D word. The D boys here where I'm going. Yeah, a few of them had urgently had gators. When they got a little too big, they let him go in the canal, but I don't know what it was. My homeboy, remember Darnell Dockett, Yeah, Darnell Dockett had him with goddamn gator. I'm not sure what he did with him, but obviously when they get to a certain size, you gotta let him go. But for some reason, there was a fad at some point in Florida, in Liberty City probably other places as well, where people had god damn gators. You go to the games at Miami Dad Community College, you got dudes in there off the ave off sixty first. You owned about sixty first. But anyway, they had they had little gators with him, and they had tape round them out.
Speaker 2: I don't know what, because they don't want you to buy them because all the pressure is closing down.
Speaker 1: You can't understand that. But I'm saying, why would you have gators at the game with the leash and the collar and all.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the same thing you get these pythons. They get these snakes that they gonna know they're gonna go too big for you to handle them. They release them in the wild, they have no natural predator, and now they just run through. Now they run through the habitat and get big. Yeah, it's huge because if you don't have an if you don't have a natural predator, they just grow and grow and grow and so not multiply.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so you don't want you like snakes?
Speaker 2: No, I don't like snakes. I'm so.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you scared of?
Speaker 2: Like hell out of them?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna do to yoo because I had them. Look, we was growing up the country. I'm from the country, and I ain't have no problem, but we had them. I mean we had a rat, snakes, chicken snakes. If you have rat, you would have snakes, right, if it's simple as that. And my grandma would be cooking and have the three and that's the boy. Here come one trying to come into the house. Come get it. Me and my brother go down there and breaking our real proper We break about real proper.
Speaker 1: Is it is there animal? If you came in contact with that, you would be scared of.
Speaker 2: With just my just my naked hands, just my bare hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Hypothetically yeah yeah yeah, sure, like not a fox. I'm not scared. I'm not a rabbit. Fox already. They so little they should they tear your hands up though. A fox, yeah with.
Speaker 1: The bushy tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They not aggressive, though, are they.
Speaker 2: Not normally not normally not normally but probably like a bob you know, a cougar, mountain lion, whatever you want to call them, stuff like that. But you know, when we grew up, you know, we saw bobcasts and we stuff. They normally they're they're as afraid of you as you are them. Same thing with a snake. I mean obviously you know snake that if they got anything that has babies, they're gonna protect their babies. Oh yeah, so you just have to be careful, like you know snake has you know, they're gonna protect those. Uh like a courch whip. Now they're aggressive, but you know we a courch whip. They popular, they tell you know, I ain't never heard that. That's the first time I never heard that. Yeah. My grandma, my great grandma, my grandmother's granny's mom got stumbled across one and she got two clock. I guess she had had a nest somewhere my grandma has started. Yeah yeah, but nah, but I don't really I don't really fear a whole lot of animals, Uh, I mean, I respect them. I don't really just like for me like snakes, because I knew snakes. The snakes that we were killing was trying to eat my grandmother's chickens, not not not per se the chickens, but the biggest and if I shot and we shot something like a possum or rad coolers, they were trying to eat my grandmother's chicken. And so that was a no no. There were those like even though we really didn't eat the chickens, after we got to a certain point, my grandmother would go buy the chickens. She just liked to have a mout there. And so anything you like, boil something after them chicken. Me and my brother get up, get the flashlight. See what it is. We start blasting.
Speaker 1: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: What about? Okay, animal you're scared of? What about your favorite? Your favorite animal? I'm assuming as a dog because you all love.
Speaker 2: But if I can get, if I can give another animal, I want to pat raccoon so bad. There are several things I want to pet.
Speaker 1: Can you domesticate? Can you domesticate a racord?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? A many whoror a mini cow, a mini donkey.
Speaker 1: I'm a donkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they be gonna just be.
Speaker 1: That's as big as they get.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So I can see I can see you. I can see you doing all that. When you retire and you hang everything up, you go get you some nice lands.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, have all them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite, my favorite animal obviously for those people that have been following me over the years, my entire right side of my leg from the waist all the way to the ankle is killer whales. You know, I love killer whales. I have a fascination and love huh wales.
Speaker 2: What wolves of the sea.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wolves of the sea.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they're the only thing that they'll attack. They'll attack anything. They're so smart anything anything. There's not a there's not a whale that they I mean other whales that I mean, sperm whale, hump back gray.
Speaker 1: Well, you know they got they got they got different types of They got different types of orcas, some of them trans transient orcas. Resident orcas. Transient orcas are more prone to attack seals, dolphins and other orcas like that. And dude, I have this. If I didn't make it to the NFL. If I didn't make it to the NFL, you know, I know, I play around a lot, and obviously can tell based on my tone and delivery. I'm being serious. I wanted to be a marine biologist and study killer whales. It was it was, it was it was that or veterinarian. Yeah, something something about killer whales that they My grandma took me a long time ago to sea World leader passed away recently, and I didn't understand how bad it was for killer whales being held up. Yeah, yeah, until until I saw Blackfish. Did you see the documentary Black Yeah? So until I saw that, then I got a better understanding and and never went and never went anymore and just did my my my love for him now is I'm waiting to go to nowhere in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: You know they have Oh you go out there and track them and you can find them in the natural habitat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get you can get in the water though. No, but I'm just I'm just telling you. I'm telling I'm taking real with me. I don't think real honey get in the water. But I'm gonna get in the water and snorkel with him. I can't wait for that. I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm just I mean growing up in the country and you're around, you're around. I mean my grandfather had hall so that's what he mainly had, and he had we had dogs. Obviously. My grandmother ended up getting a cat from she founded at the nursing home and brought it home and had one cat the next thing, you know, Tiger Gal. My grandmother named the tiger Gally. We had twenty five cats. But yeah, man, they made But you know when you have when you you grow up on a farm, you just have a just like man, you just I mean, like I said, we had hogs, We had names. We had a Hampshire which is a black and white named Sonny. He was the biggest one we had. He probably weighed five hundred pounds. We had a deu rock male named Kelly that didn't play didn't play the fiddle. Uh he tear. So we had one named Bill. We had a h I think Bill was a probably a Yorkshire bill and Marvin big white males, but had we had to keep him separated. But Sonny, Sonny was was I was our favorite. My grandfather was like, once my uncles and I everybody start having kids, they weren't around and so he felt that he might have attack him. But he had tusts, he had tuss like this, Me and my brother could let him out and walking around the yard like he was a dog. Go hoe rubb him on his side. That fire hundre pound joke. We just rolled over and with a boy putting that hog back up.
Speaker 1: So hogs, hogs aggressive and dangerous, ain't it. That's what hogs.
Speaker 2: That's now. The females, especially if they have if they have a litter, they have piglets, they light you up. Oh yo, Okay. They don't play. They don't play, they don't pay, they don't play about their babies. And so you have to be you have to be very very careful because yeah, because we had a couple of them that would dial some damage to our dogs. That the dogs got too close to him and I'm took a hundred stitches to close him up. She didn't play. She cut him everywhere, she cut him everywhere but loose. Yeah, we had to go. We had we had killed him and we didn't get in there. Chet killed him. Yeah yeah, so uh that's yeah, So that's that's my thing. Uh, horse we got off the grid, said Jerry played. Jerry played bok of his career with Hall of Famers. Randy didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even Hey, I don't even want to all. Yeah, we have moved on. I love Randy and t O that ain't never gonna move the needle. For me. I love what Jerry did, no disrespect to him. I love the numbers. I've watched this film. I've studied this film. I've tried to copy some of the things he did when he played. He was someone that I studied and admired. But for me, my preference all the fellas in the chat, all the women in the chat. You guys have preferences when it comes to other things outside of this. I know we base everything on numbers when it comes to sports, but for me, I'm excluding the numbers based on what I what I saw with my own eyes, and who I prefer. That's all.
Speaker 2: Donielle Thompson said. Jerry is like Brady. He's the most accomplished, but not the greatest receiver. Shanon, you can understand that, No, Brady is Brady is the greatest quarterback.
Speaker 1: Hey, I like the way he broke that down. No, I couldn't. I couldn't say it, but you he just said it. For me, let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: Name the quarterback better than Brady?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Named the quarterback better than Brady? Nick name the quarterback. Name the quarterback that played in the one hundred and three year history of the NFL. That's better than Tom Brady. Name the quarterback. Split Tom Brady in career. You could take Tom. I can make the case. So now I'm an advocate. Tom Brady's come to me, and I'm representing pro bono. I can split Tom Brady's career in half and make him the greatest. Stop playing with me. So now, if you've added in his totality, you mean to tell me that you said that there's another quarterback. Now, if you want to argue, say the greatest football player for me is Jerry and lt. Okay, fine, But if you're talking about a quarterback, ain't no quarterback better than Tom? Come on, man, come on people. If you talk about a comp you're talking about yards. You talking about what he was able to accomplish, game winning drives. What metric do you want to use.
Speaker 1: I don't want to argue. I don't want to argue. I just the way he just broke that down is what I was trying to say. I just couldn't put it in the words, but he put in.
Speaker 2: But he flowed.
Speaker 1: He's flowed because he said, Jerry is like Brady.
Speaker 2: You won't give me and Darnelle chime back in, tell me the quarterback that's better than Tom.
Speaker 1: I'm not good with quarterbacks. No, I'm not good for.
Speaker 2: Jerry is like Brady, the most accomplished. I'm asking him to give me a quarterback that's better than Brady Oh in order for his in order for his argument to carry water to whole weight, he's gonna have to give me a quarterback that's better than Brady Oh Jore under the same premise, ironically, Sterling should be considered top five because of outside of injury. No wide receiver put up Sterling's number first year of first seven years of productivity Hall of Fame under the Gael Sales rule. I agree, but hey, it is what it is. Blone Covery says, it's funny you found someone to raise your blood pressure other than someone to break your blood pressure. Yeah, he does raise my blood pressure, he absolutely does. Blone Covery he liked the little brother that you gotta take everywhere, you gotta take somewhere with you everywhere you go or your mom not gonna let you go and you gotta take it with you and you annoying?
Speaker 1: Yeah who me? Yeah, yeah, Well I'm waiting. I'm waiting on you to take me the first take. Pretend I'm not little brother, and bring me on bring bring bring me on down there. Hey baby, hey baby, I see you, I see you, I see you. Yeah real, rare, you're real. Watching said, we.
Speaker 2: Need to start having a conversation by pooking the core being offensive. Rookie of the Year c J. Stroud has missed two games and that has to count from something. Absolutely, it absolutely does, because when you look at Pookah's number, O cho, he gonna be probably fifty what is pooking the pooking the coolest number?
Speaker 1: He probably gonna fifty fifteen sixty on he didn't crossed the thousand already, be well one thousand, yeah, yeah, he way over a thousand. Yeah, like what one seventy sixth night one sixty something he.
Speaker 2: Had one sixty four. I think woo whoa he got about thirteen fourteen hundred huh okay, so dang, we're gonna get back to that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I put wife and I put wife onto your highlight tape, she said, the Hug Holgan flex after score, the touchdown lack creativity. Aside from the Hall of Fame, Hall of the oh Cho, Hall of Fame, jacket celebration, what's your favorite TV celebration? Man, I think TV the pom Poms with TV, I mean with t O t O.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was classic. The U the Sharpie, that was classic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you had the uh the golf, that tiger Wood where you put it with the pilog.
Speaker 1: He had just won. He had just won some Saturday and I did it. I did it the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, who else? Man? That They've been some There've been some good ones, man. You know what, man, Tyreek backflip celebration with the phone.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was live, hear me? That might that might have been top that might have been top five right there all time. Just the fact that you in the middle of a game, Yes, you take somebody's phone and record yourself flipping and get the whole thing. That was live.
Speaker 2: That's only got eleven teacher. Yeah, he might be over thirteen hundred right now, o Joe.
Speaker 1: Thirteen Yeah, wait Tyrek at wait Tyreek at fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Ye, only two hundred behind. But you gotta realize, Tyreek gotta play Sunday. Tyreek missed the game. Okay, Tyreek missed the game, right. Hey, that's a good game.
Speaker 1: Hey, that Cowboy game gonna be nice, a great game. God Ward and Blano had their hands full.
Speaker 2: Boy. If Tyreek can play, Oh, he playing? He playing.
Speaker 1: I gave I gave him the remedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Well, the thing is, Miami's gonna have to run the football because you can't get in a situation where you let dallads pin the ears back. You see how? You see how?
Speaker 1: What did the Bills do? What did the Cardinals do?
Speaker 2: Run the football? What did forty nine ers do? Run the football? Again? Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite sports on Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five, Chad o Jo Senko Johnson. Thank you for tuning again tonight. We'll see you again Saturday night, again Sunday night, and again Monday night. So our goal is to try to hear fifty thousand in the chat. We love to do it three nights in the row, but we got the help us. So tell a family tell a friend to get in this chat, pitch the question, and we're gonna get to as many questions we possibly can. We got some great games lined up this weekend, so we'll have a lot of storylines and a lot more stories to tell. Thank you, and good night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love y'all.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey baby, good night baby,