Speaker 1: I'm Heather Durow and I'm Terry, and we're going to keep this between us, but not really.
Speaker 2: No, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I recovering.
Speaker 1: I am recovering as well. We have two graduations on separate coasts one day apart, and then we are taking trips. So we always do a trip at the end of the filming season for Housewives. That's like our thing, and we didn't have time because the twins were graduating, so we decided to take it afterwards. I have to say, I, at the end of filming season this season, you're.
Speaker 3: Blown out, destroyed more than you usually are.
Speaker 1: I stayed in bed the day after we wrapped the show this year, season twenty. I'm going to tell you that the next day, I did not get out of bed till are you ready for it?
Speaker 2: Two pm?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was two.
Speaker 2: PM, and I'm telling you I was sleeping.
Speaker 1: I got up a little, I went back to there might have been a romantic moment, and then I went back to bed again and I was in bed until two was that TMI? I was in bed till two pm. I have not done that since college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two pm.
Speaker 4: I've never seen you get blown out by a season the way you got blown out this season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, I don't know why particularly I will talk about it as we go. By the way, are you guys following me on substack? Do you know what substack is?
Speaker 3: Not? Really, do you know what substeck is?
Speaker 2: Have you been following me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Substack is like if Instagram and Twitter had a baby and pinterest Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest had.
Speaker 2: A baby, and it's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Like I used to have this newsletter that I love doing, and I would write it and like get all my links and do all my things. And then I got a little busy stopped doing it. And then I feel like people were just chat gpting newsletters, which irritated me, so I stopped doing it.
Speaker 2: But this substack thing is different.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like thought starters and conversations and and I I loving it.
Speaker 3: What is that called squirreling?
Speaker 4: When you start on one topic you immediately go to another's nothing?
Speaker 2: Why did I do?
Speaker 3: I remember? We started with the you were slept from the housewife things?
Speaker 1: See this is how tired I am. I'm telling you, I'm so blown out. But all right, I don't I honestly don't know why I squirreled out. Yes, yeah, well I don't know what I am. I was so tired, so blown out.
Speaker 4: By Yeah, and I was equally blown out by Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 2: Why were you blown out by Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about what Terry Debrow did on Mother's Day? He got up at what time?
Speaker 2: Eleven?
Speaker 1: Yes, he got up at eleven am. Yes, he studied for a case. He's an expert witness on Yes, he came outside and hung out with me for thirty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Laid out the pool, got a little.
Speaker 2: Hey, hung out with me for thirty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Little pressure evening.
Speaker 2: Then he went to the gym, went to the.
Speaker 1: Gym, and then he got ready and he went out with me and the kids to dinner.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was what he did on Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: That was pretty good. And I got your present.
Speaker 2: He got me a present that I ordered you.
Speaker 4: Oh, actually you did not order it? Actually not true? No, no, no, no, no, no, I had no.
Speaker 3: Okay you think you did.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about this later. But you actually did. Okay, I know because I remember, Oh maybe you did.
Speaker 3: You don't have one? Did? She called me?
Speaker 4: She goes, remember that thing the Heather really wanted that I thought a year ago, I go, yeah, it's in. I go, awesome, Mother's Day, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that supposed to be my Birthday present though? And then it was going to be the Valentine's Day gift.
Speaker 3: We combined them.
Speaker 2: And then it was the Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was like a stew, a stew of presents.
Speaker 4: There's a little meat, and there's a carrot, and there's celery.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't care about the gift. My one thing that I think you did not do well on Mother's.
Speaker 2: Day it was the card.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It was a very nice card.
Speaker 1: But so on my Birthday you forgot to give me the card, and then on Valentine's Day you forgot to give me the card.
Speaker 3: And the card I didn't forget. I did not forget.
Speaker 4: Those cards were slightly apologetic because I had been maybe not so attentive leading up to it, so they were kind of apologetic, right, cards, And I thought, well, they just don't work anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, But what you told me was at the time, so I was like, am I ever getting my cards? And what you said to me, was you know what, I really just want to say something different now.
Speaker 2: And it was really very loving the.
Speaker 1: Way he said it. Because we had had like a week or so where you know, we're getting along that well. So he wrote something. He said to me, you said to me in a very loving way. You were like, I just want to say something different.
Speaker 3: I did whatever.
Speaker 1: But that card never came. I got a very nice Mother's Day cards different. I never got that loving Birthday Valentines, I need to say more important things card. I got a really nice Mother's Day card, but it wasn't that card, and that's what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Wow, do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And I will consult chatchp T about that because CHATTPT wrote the card.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm not kidding. I thought that I wrote a great card. He did.
Speaker 1: It was a great Mother's Day card. But I was expecting the card that you pitched me.
Speaker 3: But I had moved.
Speaker 4: But honey, New Time, new season. I mean, you know, who remembers what happened last season.
Speaker 1: Because it just goes by the wayside. But in any event, we had a lovely Mother's Day. I mean, I was with you, but I went to I went to Hot Matt Pilates with Nikki and Katah, which was great, and then we got a smoothie and then we came home and I saw Ace for a little bit, and then I went to the gym by myself and like I did like one of those long extended workouts, which I enjoyed, and then I sat.
Speaker 2: Outside by myself.
Speaker 1: I came down and then you came down for thirty five minutes, which was very left.
Speaker 3: That's why I was only there three.
Speaker 2: Nikki, because I was already down there an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: You have judn't text me for okay, no one wants to hear this.
Speaker 2: And then Nicky came down and hung out anyway.
Speaker 3: And then what was the president? Everyone wants to know's?
Speaker 1: Oh he got me a really beautiful pair of earrings. Yes, gorgeous earrings. Yes that matched some other jewelry I have and they were stunning.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So graduation is this weekend.
Speaker 1: So Mother's Day was great, and now this week there's so much going on. I'm like purging the kids rooms. I am I have to move storage stuff. I am setting up all the kids summers. Everyone is going I mean, the four of them are really going in different directions, and there's travel involved and and there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Are we getting specific about the plan because it's a very interesting graduation plan. Yeah, so Nicki's graduating, We're going right from Nicky's graduation ceremony to a plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, because Nicki is graduating in la on Saturday and Max's graduated. Like literally, Nickis graduation is over at one pm on Saturday and Max's begins at nine am on Sunday in Boston.
Speaker 4: Right, so we're taking your aunt, your mom and the kids and the kids, popping on a plane and going right to Boston, Boston.
Speaker 1: With the time difference everything, even if we leave it too. We land at like eleven m.
Speaker 3: And then we go to Max's ceremony.
Speaker 1: So Max has two ceremonies. There's like Nicky's is just one big ceremony. Max they do like an all school event. Then there's a little two hour break and then there's her particular college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you and I get on a plane.
Speaker 2: Well then we're having a dinner first, Oh, we're.
Speaker 4: Having dinner, and then we get on a plane and we fly away and we go on to st We're done with them and we're going on one of those fabulous trips with our best friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going with Richard and Daisy. They're not meeting with us for the whole time, but part of the time.
Speaker 3: Richard and Daisy.
Speaker 2: You know what, that's one of my favorite rit things to do. I have to say. I love so Terry.
Speaker 1: And I have the best time alone. We could talk till the cows come home, like all the things. But there's something really fun about meeting up with another couple and doing you know, dinners and lunch, you know whatever, like having friend time with our besties yea, and then having and then we have a loan time too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Love that.
Speaker 4: And they're really amazing to travel with because the best they call, they go, you know, we don't want to do that today. We go, fine, well, see you later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've traveled with them. It's fun to have friends that you've traveled with so much. Yes, that you you get each other.
Speaker 2: You can like I.
Speaker 1: They know that I always make the reservations and the plans and everything. So I do that, by the way, on my substack. Now that I'm squirreled out on my sub stack, I'm going to go back to well I'm going to tell you because everyone always wants to know how I pack and the places that we're going, So I'm gonna I'm we're not telling you where we're going right now, but when we come back, I'll tell you where we went, and then you can go see where we ate and what we did and yeah, all.
Speaker 4: Those fun anyway, So we're going to like one of the greatest places to go to vacation.
Speaker 2: It's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the perfect blend of like rancho, relaxo and party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny because we had heard about this place our whole lives, never went there, and finally we went there and we thought, oh it. Actually it lives up Very few places live up to the hype. Paris lives up to the hype.
Speaker 1: We love Paris. We're going to Paris in September. Celine Dion is doing a handful of shows.
Speaker 2: And we are going.
Speaker 4: I think Manhattan lives up to the hype. Yes, you know, Oh my, it's the most amazing.
Speaker 3: It is the most being city. I love it. It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to spending that time with you.
Speaker 4: We too, and here now officially between seasons, yeah, which is a really interesting place to be between seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe season twenty. Think about that.
Speaker 1: We started the show when our youngest was nine so old, and he is getting his permit in two weeks and he will be sixteen in December.
Speaker 2: It's just insane, that insane. Yeah, it's been a long long time.
Speaker 1: I think the bands are really going to love this season. It's very layered, nostalgic and fun.
Speaker 2: Those are the words I'm want to give it.
Speaker 4: What I'm looking most forward to about this graduation thing with Max and Nikky is.
Speaker 1: I know it's the it's the cheese store sandwiches that you're going to eat.
Speaker 2: On the plane.
Speaker 3: That's that's number two, number one Vincent.
Speaker 2: Oh, you get to see your grand You have to see Max's Okay, I don't think we're going to see him.
Speaker 3: What do you mean I'm not going to see him. I don't think we'll be seeing isn't she staying in the hotel with us? No, he's staying in in her apartment.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to get to see him. We're there for such a short period of time.
Speaker 4: You know what I find the most interesting weirdest, are you kidding me? Thing going on right now? What Spencer Pratt? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: So Heidi montag is going to be the first lady of Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: It's is that such a thing as the first lady is the Mayor's wife is the first lady?
Speaker 1: Not well the mayor s as they say on Ginny and Georgia.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I just think, first of all, have you seen his ads, his ai, his use of ai?
Speaker 1: Yes, because when you're up at two am you watch them.
Speaker 3: It's kind of the most brilliant thing I've ever seen ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So, so Spencer was a villain.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: What's interesting to me is that I sort of Spencer obviously. When the fires happened and we saw that Spencer and Heidie's house burn down, they made big news and he was everywhere and he was fighting for rights and insurance, I believe, and all kinds of things, which was really impressive. And a friend of mine, Scott King. Scott was working with Heidi on music videos for her new songs or her repurposing her old songs and all this kind of things. So all of a sudden we started talking about Spencer and Heidi and we were talking about them all the time, and all of a sudden he's running for mayor.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: It's funny because when you listen to him, because I listened, I go, Okay, what's this bencer Prant guys a moron.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never listened to him, and I listened to my go. Everything he's saying makes makes sense. Everything he says mixes what does meaning that he's the guy that but I don't you know, if it's the same people doing it over again, it's not going to work.
Speaker 2: We definitely need a new regime here.
Speaker 1: I think that when you have someone that is so invested in this city and this community.
Speaker 2: And understands can't get any worse.
Speaker 1: Not only can't get it worse, but maybe with someone at the helm that actually cares about what about the fact that this is the best city ever and it's and ruined and it's ruined, and you know what.
Speaker 3: Do you vote for him?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 3: I weirdly would too.
Speaker 4: But the way he's doing the most powerful podcasts there are right now, he's doing all in. He's I mean, everybody's interested in Spencer Pratt.
Speaker 1: I think he has something to say and I think all I hope. And I think this is true from things I hear about him and from him, is that he's smart enough to know what he doesn't know and will surround himself with those people that are smart enough to actually know those things. But maybe the guy leading the charge, who's so you know, passionate, is the best.
Speaker 3: I'm in the shower, truth be told.
Speaker 2: Did you try singing again?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm in the shower, and I'm thinking, Wow, Spencer Pratt probably maybe will be mayor. And then I thought, it's amazing. You can go from being a mid level or his case, low level reality star.
Speaker 2: Does this mean you're going to rull for a governor?
Speaker 4: This is where I'm going to something so significant. I thought, if Spencer Pratt can be mayor of Los Angeles, what are you going to be?
Speaker 3: What can Terry Dubrouke.
Speaker 2: Well, what could you be? Honey? What do you want to be?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not going to be mayor because that's Spencer Pratt. I mean, you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Got to got to go higher.
Speaker 3: I thought, governor? Could I be governor? Could I be a senator?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Terry debrou Yeah, But then I got to be your first whatever, and then my life is like following you around.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that. Yes, I say no, I will buy you a plaque.
Speaker 1: What kind of plaque that says like Governor Dubreu, Senator Dubreu. Yes, put it on your desk. I'll call you that sometimes at night, if you And.
Speaker 4: Then, by the way, not to make this all to finish this with being all about me.
Speaker 3: I was listed.
Speaker 2: Why would we stop?
Speaker 3: One hundred and.
Speaker 4: Five year old doctor just died recently, one hundred and five hundred and five Wow. And he you know, he had his like top five suggestions secrets to living along?
Speaker 2: Yea, what was on there?
Speaker 4: One of them was, you know, always be interested, always keep your mind working. He went to law school wait for it, at age sixty seven.
Speaker 3: He did, really he did.
Speaker 1: I keep telling you should go to law school. The only problem is you want to go to law school with our daughter Max. I do, and she does not want to go with you.
Speaker 4: But if you called her right now and ask her if she if she'd want me to go to.
Speaker 3: Law school, probably would she was. She'd love me to be interesting.
Speaker 2: What she needs to make friends and do your own thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll take care of Vincent. So yeah, so I might go to law school, I might run for senator. Yeah what about you? What if you weren't doing what you're doing right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that well.
Speaker 1: First of all, and I have not been quiet about this, but I really would love to do scripted, yes again in some capacity. I don't know what that looks like, but I would love to do that. And I am I know this sounds so like I'm I'm working on things because I you know, it's just like, don't talk about it, let it happen. But over the last several years, you know, I'm always like developing something, pitching something, you know, we have a game show, or pitching it out.
Speaker 2: We have this, we have that.
Speaker 1: So there are some scripted things circling. I don't know if they'll come to first or not. I do like working on those things. I also enjoyed producing, and I have some things in that lane that I'm working on with producing partners that I'm excited about. So I think I would like to continue down that path. I would like to do scripted, more scripted and producing. Yeah, those things I really enjoy doing.
Speaker 2: Stand up was the scariest.
Speaker 1: I just did it for research for a musical I was doing, and it was really fun and really scary.
Speaker 3: Dandas going to be the horror of the hardest.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what the thing is. It's like you can't like.
Speaker 1: I had a cute act, right, it was fine, no one heckled be I was cute whatever.
Speaker 2: But when you work with real stand ups and.
Speaker 1: You see what they do, it is just it is a skill set. You are just naked on that stage. And you know what, I wouldn't mind singing again, like I would love to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I miss singing. I'd like to do that again.
Speaker 3: Funny.
Speaker 4: My favorite music right now is AI generated music. I know, it's the weirdest thing. You know why. They know exactly what people like. They know what all the hit songs have been in history, and they can sort of make a song that is based on what people have loved. And every time you hear it, the first time you hear it, it's as if you've heard it a million times.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't agree with you.
Speaker 3: I love AI music.
Speaker 1: I would say that for me, and I'm sure AI will catch up eventually, But for me, the best stories come from people's like trauma. Whether it's funny, drama or sad or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Those stories become.
Speaker 1: The best movies and the best songs and all personal experience. And I think without personal experience, it's a little shallow and hollow.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love a music. I know you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just want to tell you how proud I am of you of getting through another season of Real Housewives. How I think you were brave. I think you showed a lot of sort of fortitude and courage, and you didn't get I don't think you got ted. I don't know what rains to be seen because I wasn't there for most of it. But I'm really proud of how you got through another season and interacted with everybody and you're still standing.
Speaker 3: So I love you. Graduation.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what I find so interesting, It's like, Okay, so we have four kids, but our twins are the oldest, so whatever they do is our first time experiencing that thing, right, right, So these are this is the first time we've had kids graduate college, and I sort of gave them both this speech. It's a little different for Max because she's going to law school. But for Nikki, I said, you know, when you graduate college, it's the first time in your life that you and your peers are not all on the same page. You're not all doing the same thing, because from birth till then you're all told you you know, you go to school, you do your sports, you have your summer camps. You know, you do the thing, and you go to college and you graduate and then people scatter. Yeah, and it's it can be very I think depressing, It can be.
Speaker 2: Very scary, and you know.
Speaker 1: And then people succeed at different times. People get married young sometimes, or they start having families, or they find their you know, their job, they're raison de etra their passion, their thing, or they don't find it till later. But not everyone's on different paths.
Speaker 2: Then it's a.
Speaker 1: Very very peculiar point in a person's life. And so especially with Nikki, I was like, I want you to prep for this a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's going to be you know, it's an adjustment.
Speaker 4: Yes, in other words, go get a job quickly. Yes, get off the doll wouldn't that be nice?
Speaker 3: Point?
Speaker 4: In my generation at eighteen, it was out by you pay everything on your own right, now they want to stay home till they're forty.
Speaker 1: When our kids were little, people would tell us our friends in Newport Beach. They'd be like, oh, the kids never leave there till they're thirty years old.
Speaker 2: And we're like, oh please, And now we're going. So they're twenty two, they're doing college. I know, the only eight years.
Speaker 4: I think this is the toughest time in the history of humankind to be young, go out and get a job and compete with all the things that are unfolding.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm excited for our kids. I think Max is going to have the best time in law school. Nikki very entrepreneurially is lots of lots of irons in the fire, an opportunity right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was one of the nice things about going to professional school because you didn't have to worry about it. You knew three years and five days from today, I know exactly what I'm going to be doing.
Speaker 1: See, it was scary. I thought that I was going to go to New York after college. I graduated Syracuse Visual Performing Arts musical theater, right, and I was going to go try to do Broadway. And so me and my friend Jill were looking for apartments whatever, and I got passed on this court shoe. Two episodes did that in Florida. They flew me out to la to audition for this other thing that didn't end up going, but I was like, oh, let's try it out, and me and my sister packed it up and moved to LA.
Speaker 2: I had no job.
Speaker 1: It was like, it was such an odd time, and I remember even living with my sister, it was like lonely. And then I started singing at Disneyland. I mean, like obviously, like things then started happening. I had banned a fourteen piece big band we put together, started performing with them and all that. But that first year it was like, I can't imagine what it's like to graduate college and go to professional school and you're.
Speaker 2: Still on a track.
Speaker 3: It's easy, it's nice, you know.
Speaker 1: I moved out with all these a lot of other kids that went to Syracuse, not actors, like all different you know, career paths and majors in college.
Speaker 2: They had no idea what they were doing. It was terrifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's I mean I pretty much knew what I was going to do seven years after graduating college.
Speaker 1: About it crazy, Yeah, that's pretty lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's lucky. It's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Well, what I will say to everyone out there if you have graduates, all the graduates have different you know, things like the eighth grade and the high school and the college. But whoever your graduate is, By the way, if you live in California, buy them alay.
Speaker 2: Here's your official reminder, because it's a thing.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone gets a lay and if you don't know that, get them alay. Even if they say they don't want it, get it because sometimes everyone else has one.
Speaker 2: Always get the lay. So you got to get them alay.
Speaker 4: And the obvious joke, obviously is what don't get laid?
Speaker 3: No, everyone you know I got laid.
Speaker 2: Where are we going with this?
Speaker 3: When you graduate, you want to make sure you get laid.
Speaker 2: It depends what grade you're in.
Speaker 1: But no, but I just want to say, like to the moms and dad's out their life.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm going to get emotional, but it's like you only get this one time. Yeah, it's just one time. And like when the kids, I remember when they graduated.
Speaker 1: They've all graduated eighth grade now, all of our kids, right, and there's just like I mean, I always say this, but middle school is just a cesspool. It's just the worst. And so that is such a huge milestone. And then when they graduate high school, no matter where they're going, college, professional school, the military, they have worked so hard to get through that and so many trials and tribulations that that's such an important, important moment. And then graduating college or professional school even you know, all those all those moments are such huge rights of passage.
Speaker 2: And even though we didn't do it.
Speaker 1: For them, you know, watching them, encouraging them, being their cheerleaders. I mean, I just think it's like it's an emotional moment for everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for me, it's like ecstasy. They're one year closer to being out of the house forever more.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited about that. See ya.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that's fine, but you can have a real.
Speaker 3: Moment too, by the way, that is real.
Speaker 2: That is how you feel, all right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's very exciting to have them.
Speaker 2: Uh see, I think this is the mars Biness thing. I just think you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to be an empty nester admitted.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that, but what I'm saying is to me, when I think about each of our children, and watching their journey and who they these little baby kids who you know, I slept all over them place to their classes in school and the things and the homework and the whatever, and all these things through all these years and watching them become less dependent on me and you and more independent, and the kind of young humans that they've all become, and how different they all are, and I find it so fascinating. I know there's so many parents out there that are like, oh, I don't want them to go to college, and I don't want them to leave the house, and I don't want them to leave our home, and I don't want to be an empty nester. Like I love it because I have found that each stage watching them sore, first of all shows, I think, what a great job we've done. And also I'm so excited to watch them fly. And I also love our relationships. I've loved every stage, but this is one of my favorite. Is having them be young adults and be like our Mother's Day dinner was fantastic.
Speaker 3: I like this stage the best.
Speaker 1: I mean, everyone has something interesting to say, and there's funny conversations going on, and there's you know, a little ribbing joking, but it's all in good front and there's respect and there's I love.
Speaker 2: It, yea, So I say, I know it's sad.
Speaker 1: I know i'm gonna cry when they graduate because it's like this next step, but I just love it. I think everyone out there should just be so appreciative of the time we get with them, and it will change, but it's still so good.