Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Getty. Here's the pitch.
Speaker 3: Swinging a fly ball to right field, pretty well hit freelick back at the wall, he jumps.
Speaker 2: It's gone hate hate.
Speaker 1: That peyt Alonzo with the most.
Speaker 2: Favorable home run of his career. Pups as fast as he round second. He's a three run homer. He's given the Mets a three to two lead.
Speaker 4: They all pour out of the dugout.
Speaker 3: So the Mets took out the Brewers and go into the next round of the playoffs. Mets Phillies and is a West Coast guy. That's going to be a highly annoying series. In the amount of coverridge. It's going to get in the in the news if it's the only baseball teams that matter.
Speaker 5: So when that home run was hit, the Mets were trailing by two.
Speaker 2: I believe in the ninth inning.
Speaker 5: Down to their last out or close to it anyway, I haven't checked, but yeah, dramatic home run by the polar Bear, the hero Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 3: All I know is if you got New York play in Philadelphia. I already saw it this morning on the cable news. It's going to be if you're a baseball fan of any other team, it's I wanted to mention this.
Speaker 5: Only slightly less annoying than New York Boston, but almost.
Speaker 2: I wanted to mention this.
Speaker 3: It turns out that sometimes cops beat a guide to death just because it's something cops do, and it ain't because white people are out hunting black people.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: I had forgotten until I saw the picture because they didn't mention it. If I hadn't been looking at the TV, I wouldn't have known it that there's three black police officers that beat that poor guy.
Speaker 2: To death and got convicted yesterday.
Speaker 5: Horrifying, horrifying, But it's it's not politically useful to tear down civilization, so it's not getting much attention.
Speaker 2: Can it be a racial thing? Obviously?
Speaker 3: But is it automatically obviously a racial thing if the cop is white and the guy is black who dies or gets abused?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, obviously not no. And if you're a libertarian thing, sad case.
Speaker 3: If you're a libertarian, it ain't good news either that everyoneants to walk cops because I got such an attitude about things, or willing to beat somebody to death because they're just sick of dealing with crime or whatever happens. But anyway, Yeah, if this had been white cops, obviously it would be an endless, endless story. Could have been exactly the same circumstances with the exact same motive in their mind that made them do something awful. But it would be the president to be talking about it. Kamala Harrison'd be talking about it anyway, just because to Shell, yeah, I think you hear what we're laying down. You're picking up on what we're putting down.
Speaker 5: So Jack and I were talking about what we were going to talk about this segment. It wasn't that, it was what's to follow, and we realized, hey, come on, now, it's a California's crumbling. You want to start with Adam Yamagucci on CBS Evening News last night.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: Forty five thousand people experiencing homelessness in the city of Los Angeles. Nearly half of all Americans living on the streets are here in California. Whether it was roughly one shelter bed for every three people who needed one last year. Karen Bass, mayor of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: You don't solve anything by clearing an encampment and just moving them to the next street. I remember when yeah you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you make that street or that park or that schoolyard or whatever inhabitable by the tax paying citizens.
Speaker 2: You have absolutely accomplished something.
Speaker 3: Well. First of all, I remember when it first started saying half all the homeless people in California. We got a fair amount of pushback, at least on the text line that can't be true.
Speaker 2: It's not true. Look at these statistics.
Speaker 3: Now mainstream media is caught up to the fact that it's just a fact half the homeless people in America are in one state, California, because of policy, and it didn't used to be that way.
Speaker 2: What changed?
Speaker 3: And don't give me the rents high that's why people are living under bridges and doing meth because that's a stupid way to look at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, here's the headline for you. Out of Beautiful LA. After spending five hundred and fifty million dollars, over seventy percent of La County's Project Home Key homeless rooms are vacant. They are vacant, They're not being used when it comes to getting people actually housed. They spend the money, but they don't care about the people. That's because the point is the money.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, for some people it's a money grab it say it's to the homeless industrial complex. But for the because I know people like this who feel this way, why are you unwilling to accept that there is a certain part of human nature. There are enough people that given the opportunity to just be high and drunk and live on the street, are willing to do it. Why do you think some societal cause had to make them do that? And you can't accept that there's certain chunk of people that want to live that way. I don't understand why that damages your psyche to accept that that they seemed to need in the past because they couldn't, right, because you'd starve to death or freeze to death.
Speaker 2: You can't now because there's so many handouts.
Speaker 5: Are we talking about the actually mentally ill, physically handicapped, those who have had one medical build that wrecked them that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: No, of course, not, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: You've got to separate those different sorts of people out to solve the problem instead of making it worse and worse and worse. Gavin Newsom presiding over California, which is crumbling. Michael, I got a cup your guitar. I should tell this story before we move on to another version.
Speaker 3: I was. I'll be vague about this, but I was around a woman the other day who was telling the story of how she was.
Speaker 2: Running the streets for a while.
Speaker 3: And her thing was she'd hook up with a different homeless guy because she was homeless guy. She was a homeless girl. She couldn't have been very old, because you're not very old now, but she was running the streets. She'd hook up with different homeless guys to get booze and drugs because they were they would supply it for her, and she got beat up constantly, raped constantly, but for the booze and drugs they would and they would just panhandle in the morning until they got enough money and then be drunk or high all day long. Why would you ever hand money to these people who are living this lifestyle? But so many of you do. I see it practically every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to see a piece about a county in Colorado. I don't remember the name of it, but they launched one of those handouts don't help campaigns and have completely reduced the number of panhandlers and beggars on the streets. They got the word out. Look, these people are junkies. They want drug money. That's what they're doing. Anyway, California is crumbling. A couple of headlines worth take a quick gander at Gavin Newsom's maximum deception on California's minimum wage. These stats are out there, are undeniable. He's trying like crazy to spin them by manipulating the statistics. But California is down a net fifty four hundred fast food jobs this year. President, employees are working fewer hours, Automation is growing. It has done terrible damage to people who made money doing that. Now I'm intentionally not using the term made a living doing that because starter jobs have never been intended to support a family or make quote unquote a living.
Speaker 2: And the idea that.
Speaker 5: You need a living wage that a father of three can flip burgers and support his kids since when should.
Speaker 3: Have made it clear or maybe it's obvious that if you don't live in californ you one of the reasons you should pay attention to this is one lots of policies at start in California, go to your state. And two the current person tied to be president of the United States is from California, Senator from California, then vice president and claims this is a model for the country. I don't think Trump and Vance have done a good enough job of tying California to Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: And let me do a little political math for you. So you have Gavin who's a very bright guy. I mean, he understands what's happening here. It can't possibly have escaped him because it's so obvious. But he will lie to the very people he's claiming to help, even though it damages them, and he knows it will damage them because he can stay in power and continue the two way hoes of money back and forth with the public employee unions. So he is damaging the very people he claims to help to get elected over and over again.
Speaker 2: And it's evil. It's absolutely evil.
Speaker 5: The most needy among us are the victims of his policies, speaking of which is incredible lack of wisdom. God, there's a picture of him. He just makes my skin crawl. Uugh, I predicted this drill, baby drill in his hair. Partly I predicted it, and I'm bringing this up to pat myself on the back, but also because I just love it.
Speaker 2: Love it, love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 5: It took like two days for a federal judge to block that new California law restricting the use of deep fakes and deceptive humor or whatever the law said in California. Newsom said, the other day, I just signed a bill to make this illegal in the state of California. You can no longer knowingly distribute an ad or other election communications that contains materially deceptive content, including deep fakes. Immediately labeled the anti parody law.
Speaker 3: If that law was going to stand, would you apply it to ads for props in the state of CALIFORNI you are, which are incredibly deceptive?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the ballot propositions. Yeah, indeed. So I love this from our friend Katie Grimes. Screw the first amendment, Newsom said, as he signed Assemblyville twenty six fifty five. Blah blah blah. Not really, but he was probably thinking it. Am I going to be arrested for making a joke about Newsom? She asks, So there's immediately a lawsuit filed by the Hamilton Lincoln Law Institute on behalf of Christopher Coles, known as mister Reagan, the creator of fabulous satirical political videos, and the judge essentially said, are you kidding me with this crap?
Speaker 2: No, that's a brief summary of the.
Speaker 5: Decision, but yeah, as predicted, please, I can't you know what? I wish I had the wording of the law in front of me. I probably do. It's a bit of a long piece here, because the law talks about deceptive content that could mislead voters or help or hurt someone's electoral prospects, so it clearly clearly covers humor.
Speaker 2: That's the point of political humor.
Speaker 5: So anyway, it was gratifying to see that he was spanked and sent home to Mama immediately by the first federal judged.
Speaker 2: Even glance at the law unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks to judges, California is crumbling less than it would have been without them.
Speaker 3: It's insane that half the homeless people in the entire United States, a country of three hundred and thirty million people, half the homeless people are in one state. We didn't think that would be possible.
Speaker 5: And as the show's been based out of caln Unicornea since the nineties, we have been stating quite plainly that people flock to whatever precinct or state has the most attractive services for them. And man, we used to get hammered for that. The activists would say, that's a lie, that's a lie. Nobody does that. But now it's so obvious. There are people who are on TV all the time doing interviews. Yeah, I came from Nevada because I heard it's a lot better in California, or maybe they were in a red part of California. They say, yeah, I came to Santa Cruz because it's so great to lay around to do drugs.
Speaker 3: Well, if you drive around many of the big cities of California, it looks like half the homeless people in America here.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's hard to find right Well.
Speaker 5: Speaking of financial difficulties, a quick word from our friends in American Financing. FED has dropped interest rates. You heard about that. We're sure call of friends in American financing today. With mortgage rates in the fours now, it's the perfect time to consolidate debt and reduce your monthly expenses.
Speaker 3: A lot of people been using credit cards to buy groceries and pay your energy bill and all kinds of stuff because of inflation.
Speaker 2: What were you gonna do?
Speaker 3: And of course that debt's super expensive because credit card rates are so high. If you can turn that into a rate down like with the mortgage rates, that's gonna save you a ton of money and help wipe out that debt.
Speaker 5: American Financing is helping homeowners like you save over eight hundred dollars a month on average.
Speaker 2: That's the average.
Speaker 5: You can close in as fast as ten days, and if you start today, you could delay two mortgage payments.
Speaker 2: So there are no upfront fees.
Speaker 3: If you want to find out how much you can save, call American Financing today at eight eight eight eight four one thirteen nineteen. That's eight eight eight eight four to one thirteen nineteen, American Financing dot net.
Speaker 2: In MLS WIN eight two through three four MLS Consumer access dot org.
Speaker 3: If you are for rights in the five at six point zero one four percent for well qualified borrowers, called eight eight eight eight four one thirteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: For details about credit cards and terms.
Speaker 4: Are from he Yetti.
Speaker 3: So this happened yesterday in California, Garth Brooks accused of rape sexual assault in lawsuit filed by his hair and makeup artist, a woman just being called Jane Rowe states that the multiple Grammy award winning gazillionaire allegedly raped Turn a hotel room during a work trip where she felt trapped and alone with Brooks. In addition to sexual assault and battery, Brooks, who's now sixty two, but this happened back when he was fifty nine, I guess, is also accused of repeatedly exposing his genitals and buttocks.
Speaker 2: Hey take a look at.
Speaker 3: This, Huh talking about owner? Uh does he suppose he has his.
Speaker 2: Cowboy head on? I'm not picturing him with his cowboy head on.
Speaker 3: Talking about sex and sharing sexual fantasies with Roe, regularly changing his clothing in front of her and centering her sexually explicit text message you better have those if you're claiming that. According to the complaint in the case, the suit alleges these incidents happened in twenty nineteen. As I said, so, uh, you know this has happened with people before that. I would have never guessed would do that sort of thing, And it turned out it really looked like they did do that sort of thing. Oh with Garth Brooks, though, I just his He's been around for so long and so high profile and so wealthy, and and just can't I can't imagine that at fifty nine he decided to start acting like this just seems unlikely.
Speaker 2: Here is his statement.
Speaker 5: He says, quote, for the last two months, I have been hassled to no end with threats, lies, and tragic tales of what my future would be if I did not write a check for many millions of dollars. It's been like having a loaded gun waved in my face. Hush money. No matter how much or how little, is still hush money in my mind. That means I am admitting to behavior I am incapable of ugly acts no human should ever do to another. And Brooks says, filed the lawsuit accusing the woman with whom he had previously worked of attempting to defame and extort him, and alleges, as he said in a statement, that she has repeatedly threatened to file a lawsuit accusing him of terrible things if he didn't pay millions dollars.
Speaker 3: If you were in this situation and innocent as you obviously would be and innocent. Would you and your lawyer said, look, she's saying X number of dollars and it goes away. Would you pay it or would you? Did you fight it? Just on principle, I think you have to fight it. I think you have to too, But I can see how a lawyer would convince you. Look, you fight it, and it all comes out, and a certain percentage of people are gonna believe you did it no matter what.
Speaker 2: And it's my cause this much more money my counter argument.
Speaker 3: And I only can you know offer this through years of experience in observing this sort of thing.
Speaker 5: The lawyer said would say, this will put it behind you, and I would say, no, it probably.
Speaker 2: Won't, right, Yeah, it won't firm that life.
Speaker 3: God, there's somebody I don't remember who, a high profile person who listened to their lawyer in one of these types of stories and wishes they hadn't. The lawyer doesn't necessarily have your best interest at heart. They just they just look at the law on dollars and cents. Lawyers are weird the way they look at the world. They have, you know, I guess it helps them do their job, but they have no ability to understand like culture or meaning or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Only law, money, law money, or.
Speaker 5: Just the idea of you will make a tacit confession to doing something you find abhorrent and sickening, and we'll take care of this for you. And I think it's difficult to for some attorneys anyway to understand.
Speaker 2: I don't care what it costs me.
Speaker 5: What I hope I am going to make clear what kind of person I am and what kind I'm not.
Speaker 3: What I hope didn't happen, which could come out, is if you had consensual sex, like you had an affair going, and then they turn out to be the sort of person that claims, you know, like what happened with Kobe Bryant, who I think thought he was having consensual sex with somebody who wanted to have sex with an NBA player, but then claims rape and then you got then you got a big problem. Or Major league pitcher Trevor bowo oh y has just been living a nightmare because of a predator predatory one.
Speaker 2: Yeah it happens. Oh god, dang it.
Speaker 3: What a horrible situation speaking predatory that whole dock workers strike. Some really great perspective on how much sympathy we ought to have for those poor workers who are going back to work. Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 6: McDonald's announced today it will begin offering the chicken Big Mac.
Speaker 3: It's like the original Big Mac and contains roughly the same amount of beef.
Speaker 2: Wow, it is an interesting thing, inappropriate.
Speaker 3: I like a big Mac, but it doesn't taste anything like a hamburger. Like if you weren't told it was a hamburger going in, and so they had you take a bite of it and you said, what what? What arena of food is this in? I don't know what you'd guess. I wouldn't guess hamburger, Katie.
Speaker 6: I'm a huge fan of this idea because I used to order the mcchickens with Big Mac sauce.
Speaker 2: And it's a game changer. Oh really? Oh yeah, wait a moment. Wow, so you you'd hit the mcdee's with a special order.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Uh was this formerly big Katie Green? Oh yeah, okay, I could slam some mcchickens. You know, do you only know you as thin hot Katie? So sorry I shouldn't say that. I'm hr Oh, I appreciate it. I'll help you file the lawsuit but uh, I'm practically Garth Brooks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just gonna say out Garth. Oh no, no, no, that's no no, I will not join in that. So that is not funny.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But so back in the day you would eat, you would eat like that. Oh yeah, I used to love fast food. Did you know somebody at the McDonald's or did you just because I've never liked made a special order a McDonald's in my life.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I just really enjoyed Big Max, and I really enjoyed mcchickens and thought the saw, hey this, this would be a good combo ahead of the times.
Speaker 3: I really like the flurry in the fries. Is there a way you could put that in a bowl or something?
Speaker 5: They probably should have They should have hired you and their their products innovation department or whatever. R and D clearly clearly well, speaking of big business, this guy won.
Speaker 1: Now I have the president screaming at me. I'm putting a TAF holly on you go ahead. Taf holly means I have to go back to work for ninety days after cool you off period. Do you think when I go back for ninety days those men are going to go to work on that pid it's going to cost the money, the company's money.
Speaker 2: To pay the salaries.
Speaker 1: Well, go one from thirty moves an now and maybe the eight they're gonna be like this, who's gonna win here in the long run, You're better off sitting down and let's get a contract and.
Speaker 2: Let's move on with this world. And could today's world. I'll cripple you. I will cripple you. And you have no idea what that means.
Speaker 3: That's amazing that you would say that out loud and win, by the way.
Speaker 2: But you would say that out loud, that oh, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna, we're gonna we'll we'll slow walk our job and will pretend we're hurt. That's that will be like this, he grabs his neck like faking injury, and.
Speaker 2: We'll cripple you. You have no power over. He's saying to the world, to the president, to the country, we.
Speaker 3: Can do whatever he want. I got a million dollars. I make a million dollars a year on the books. As Joe pointed out yesterday, who knows how much off the books.
Speaker 2: I got a big yacht. I'd drive a Bentley. I'll do whatever that f I want, you get it.
Speaker 5: I will christ I heard an authority on labor law and history talking the other day about how reminiscent this is of the teamsters prior to the deregulation, and I.
Speaker 2: Think was the eighties early eighties. Don't quote me on that, but.
Speaker 5: The trucking industry was so tightly controlled by the unions and the laws were shaped by union serving politicians. So you couldn't start a trucking company. Yeah, you couldn't start an independent trunking company.
Speaker 3: Certainly it was up until about nineteen eighty because I was a teamster in eighty eight. I was a teamster for a couple of years, but those days were passed. But still it was. The perks were unbelievable. I mean, the insurance I had as a teamster was ridiculous. I was loading boxes. I mean, you're the lowest monkey job that can be. I was in the back of a freak car, a trained freight car, loading boxes in the middle of the night. But I had one hundred percent dental, no deductible starting day one.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was just amazing.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's too bad you've got good teeth. I mean, you really could have taken advantage.
Speaker 2: I was young and healthy, and I didn't take advantage of any of that stuff. Yeah, that's terrible anyway.
Speaker 5: So with that much money and power flowing through the trucking industry back in the day, it attracted organized crime because there was so much money flowing there, and so the teamsters was completely mobbed with the trucking industry in general was completely mobbed up during that period, and everybody knows it. Asked Jimmy Hoff if you can find his bones. But anyway, this Long Sherman's Union fight bones is very much the same. All of this commerce is flowing through on the East Coast at least it's like fifty thousand people, and the West coast has a different union. But anyway, a couple of respectives I thought were just terrific. Rich Lowry in the National Review, it's the processing gate that shook the US economy. Eight PM terminals in the Portomobile Alabama use a semi automated gate to process trucks without union labor. And this supposed outrage is one of the reasons the International Longshoreman's Association went on strike. Never mind that the gate has been in operation for years and is more efficient and safer to checking admit trucks than a human. The strike is a war on automation as much as a push for higher wages.
Speaker 3: That is what the media missed completely because they only talked about the hourly wage, and the point was there. The long shoremun in trying to stop automation from happening, which is bad for all.
Speaker 2: Of us, right right.
Speaker 5: Machines don't pay taxes, said the president of the local union in Mobile. Yeah, well, neither do wheelbarrows or iPhones. We still use them as tools to make any number of tasks easier and less time consuming. Harold Daggett, the president of the union, is pledged to wage an unceasing war on automation, famously makes a million dollars, lives in a New Jersey mansion, giant yacht, et cetera. No word on whether he insists that he and his family hand wash their clothes and dishes or employ a laundress and personal dishwasher in order to foreswear.
Speaker 2: Reliance on labor saving devices. Good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it just talks about how technology is constantly changing.
Speaker 2: You have to embrace it.
Speaker 5: We're getting whooped by China, the Netherlands, Singapore, Essentially everybody who began automating in the early nineteen nineties, and how this is such a choke point on everybody else in the economy.
Speaker 3: Well, right, if you're gonna go with the logic of you pay a human a lot of money to do a job that a computer could do, so the human does not need it at all, well, then how do you not extend it to just.
Speaker 2: Making up jobs?
Speaker 3: You have a person outside the building who you know writes down the color of people's shoes every day and gets eighty dollars an hour.
Speaker 5: Well, except they don't actually have to write down the color of the shoes, as I'll get to in a moment. But a couple of other perspectives, this time from the Wall Street Journal. President Biden had threatened the US Maritime Alliance with legal action this week if they didn't give in to further union demands. My administration will be monitoring for any price couching activity that benefits foreign ocean carriers.
Speaker 2: He said in a statement.
Speaker 5: It was a direct threat to Maersk and other ocean carriers if they added a surcharge because of the disruptions and expenses from the ILA strike.
Speaker 2: So one myth.
Speaker 5: Exposed by the strike is that unions need more economic and political power because they help the working man the union behind the strike. The ISLA helps some workers at the expense of countless others. Starting with the astounding fact that there were fifty thousand or so ISLA strikers but only twenty five thousand or so port jobs. Once again, there are fifty thousand strikers, there are only twenty five thousand jobs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's right.
Speaker 5: Only about half of the union members are obliged to show up to work each day. The rest sit at home collecting container royalties negotiated in previous ILA contracts intended to protect against job losses that result from yes innovation.
Speaker 2: So this strike only lasted what four days?
Speaker 3: But how bad a job did the mainstream media do of covering this since they really only talked about the hourly wage?
Speaker 5: Right, Well, they run everything through the filter of a ideology and b the upcoming presidential election. You know, you'd be a lot better at your job if you'd stop that in particularly all right, but there's more. You should know, what a deal for those favorite few who do show up to work. The twenty nineteen to twenty report of the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor laid out the reality and I quote the absolute control of the International Longshoreman's Association over hiring the port for over sixty years has not only led to a lack of diversity and inclusion in waterfront employment, but also the prepare situation of criminality and corruption. Residents near the ports can't get hired because the union control quote. Meanwhile, those are who are connected to union leadership or organized crime figures are rewarded with high paying, low show or no work special compensation packages.
Speaker 2: Again, this is the.
Speaker 5: Commission of the New York Harbor in a report that came out just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: More than five.
Speaker 5: Hundred and ninety individuals continue to receive over one hundred and forty seven million dollars in outside salaries not required by the industry's collective bargaining agreement for hours they do not even have to be here at the port. Such positions were overwhelmingly given to folks connected to organized crime figures or union leadership, and particularly.
Speaker 3: The history of organized labor is so much of this, where the wages are insane, the benefits, no show jobs, all that sort of stuff, and you can't get the job unless you're connected somehow, you know a family member or a friend or whatever. So it's not like it's open to everyone to even get these jobs.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 5: You know, I left out the fact that Kamala Harris also made unmistakable noises about I'm on the side of the union and I will hurt you if you don't give into their demands, and they more or less split the difference between the fifty percent offered pay raise in the seventy seven percent that was demanded.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like he long Sherman won this, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean they the deal they have now is completely mobbed up and based on how much power very very few people have over the nation's commerce in a way that is utterly unpalatable in a free market. And they got a better deal than the one they have now, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Our ports are operating at the technology of the fifties. Listening to a transportation expert who was on MSNBC yesterday, This was an MSNBC expert they had on, said, we're working or running our ports basically the technology the fifties. We're the slowest of unloading of any docks anywhere in the world. With your big countries and we're falling further behind and this isn't going to fix it.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 5: Now, as a kid, I knew through my teenage hears I guess a guy who was mobbed up in Chicago, Liand I didn't know it at the time, but in retrospect is so obvious. He you know, he had name straight out of the Sopranos, and he had a what is clear to me now a no show job more or less on the waterfront of Chicago. I'll be a little vague about it, but I spent a fair amount of time around him and his circle and some family type relationships, and I could never figure out exactly what he did for a living, and he never seemed to be at work, and he had plenty of walking around money and was a little.
Speaker 2: On the flashy side.
Speaker 5: He was also a hell of a likable guy, very happy, go lucky, I mean, a lovable guy. But as a teenager, I was mystified at exactly what was going on there, And now in retrospect it's so obvious. But yeah, so yeah, these guys, they don't they don't have to work most of the time. They make a hell of a lot of money.
Speaker 3: And and America begs on its knees to please let up the rest of us. The other three hundred and forty million of us continue to make a living and buy products that at amounts, you know, prices we can afford, and please don't cripple us. Because you said you will cripple us.
Speaker 2: I will give you.
Speaker 5: This is not a story of the brave working man standing up for his rights people.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't get why all of the media, both sides.
Speaker 3: Trump and kamalav Fox and the other channels want to be super sympathetic to the hard working man just trying to, you know, do his job and his family. Why don't they get into the details you just gave us and say, look, we're all getting screwed by this. Anybody else got a job where you make this kind of money for showing up half the time?
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of money and a lot of votes in heaving union support and it is invaluable.
Speaker 3: Apparently, man boy, anybody who thought that this sort of thing was of the past, I guess we got a lesson this week, didn't we? In particularly in particularly we did is right? Seventy six foot yacht. That's gotta be a nice yacht. Oh my god, that's a huge boat. What's our buddy Dave's boat? Is that like forty five? I think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he lives on it. Yeah, so it's like another one of those.
Speaker 2: Wow, he'll probably text me as soon as we get done with this.
Speaker 3: We got a lot more on the way to day with us.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, we got something good for next hour.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden just asked about the govern's response to uh, the storm of North Carolina. Compare his answer with some of the people who live in North Carolina and what they're saying. Oh boy, Also today we'll get to that hour three.
Speaker 5: North Carolina, of course an American state full of decent people, and we care about it for those reasons. But it's also a swing state, and all of the undecided voters in the swing states are getting the focus of zillions of dollars worth of politics and political ads and attention and speeches and the rest of it. And I came across this bit of humor the other day about the undecided voter.
Speaker 2: Nancy, I'm so thirsty. Should I drink water? Guzzle the gasoline straight out of the nozzle. I'm so thirsty, and I haven't had a liquid in four days. Okay.
Speaker 1: Google says that one ounce of gasoline is fatal to children.
Speaker 2: I'm not a child.
Speaker 1: Is that something I should take into account?
Speaker 2: The GPAs says that you're left, should.
Speaker 3: Do that or go off the bridge.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I did you ever go off the breed before? Maybe it's a quicker ring. What's wrong with you? My doctor's call? Hello, I'll need more time to think.
Speaker 3: Nay.
Speaker 2: Should I have them give me a massive breast and plant? Or should I have them cut off both my arms? Is that something they offer? There's no Hi, what can I get for you?
Speaker 5: Because she's at a fast food drive and it turns with terror to her passenger.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to order. The undecided voter.
Speaker 3: Now, that's funny that we would have this today, because I've always felt that way about the undecided voter, just like you must be bone stupid.
Speaker 2: No, I disagree, But I was listened to.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, what do they call focus group thing yesterday on a zoom call with a whole bunch of political analysts, and they had undecided voters on and that's not what they sound like, And like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't quite understand them.
Speaker 3: But they all came off as perfectly capable, reasonable people.
Speaker 2: Just for some reason.
Speaker 3: And like I said, I can't quite figure out the psychology of it. But for some reason, they aren't locked into an ideology, which sounds like a good thing, but they haven't crafted a worldview. They've managed to become like a forty year old mom or you know, a fifty two year old guy or whatever, it's succeeding in the world, smart enough, enough candlepower, but they just haven't crafted a worldview, which again escapes me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it seems very odd.
Speaker 3: I try to understand it, but it's not they're not lacking information that It didn't seem like they were lacking information or like I said, intelligence, They just don't have a if we had more of this in America would be better or less of this in America. Mu, they just haven't done that, pardon it for some reason, And I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've run into various stripes of it, and I could accept. You know, if you're busy with the other parts of your life and you're not paying attention to politics, and in fact, you don't really pay that much attention to what government schemes work in which don't, And you've kind of accumulated a worldview, as Jack said, or kind of a mental scorecard of Oh, I've heard that promise before.
Speaker 2: It seems very foreign to me. But obviously those people exist.
Speaker 3: There wasn't one of them. And I've been calling on decided voters morons for years. How do you feel now you believe there wasn't one of them that I would have described as obviously dumb or even I wouldn't even have called them low information. They seemed like they had plenty of information. They they're just weighing everything without like again a framework of the past or anything for some reason right there.
Speaker 5: And we've discussed this in a variety of contexts in recent months especially, but there's a disconnect between elections and policy and results in people's minds.
Speaker 3: They don't connect those things. They act as if they're independent. You're right, that is what it is. They don't connect the policy to results, and so it's just wide open to them who they and they still haven't made up their mind.
Speaker 2: They need to hear more. What's more likable, what
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty