Speaker 1: Hey, that folks.
Speaker 2: It is Monday, May fourth, and America's mayor is in a Florida hospital and in critical condition.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 2: With that, we welcome you to this episode of Amy and TJ getting up to this news rogues. A lot of people might have missed overnight, but Rudi Giuliani apparently he's in pretty bad shape in the hospital, and we don't exactly know why.
Speaker 3: We don't exactly know why.
Speaker 4: There's no official word on what sent him to the hospital. We only have word that he is in critical but stable condition. And if you look at the headlines and you start to see the reaction from folks who are already putting out statements, it almost appears as though we're witnessing someone dying. I mean, that is the tone that you're hearing from folks. It's almost like people are printing his obituary already just because and I shouldn't say just because. I mean, he is in the hospital, possibly fighting for his life right now. But this seems to be fairly significant and scary.
Speaker 2: Look, this is the guy we have seen for the past several years, and every time we see him publicly, be honest, he doesn't look like he is in the best of health. Still, he's an eighty one year old man who has been through it has certainly been through a lot over the past several years.
Speaker 1: That's just period. We understand.
Speaker 2: What comes with this robes is when you hear an eighty one year old man is in critical condition in the hospital. You don't know when he went in the hospital. You don't know why he win the hospital. So it leaves a lot of questions. I know a spokesperson put out a statement in rob of this, I guess kind of said what needed to be said, but it didn't give us a whole lot one way or another, did it.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't get a lot of details. I'll go ahead and read it for you right now. This came from his spookesperson late on Sunday. He said, Mayor Rudy Giuliani is currently in the hospital where he remains in critical but stable condition. Mayor Giuliani is a fighter who has faced every challenge in his life with unwavering strength, and he is fighting with that same level of strength as we speak. We do ask that you join us in prayer for America's Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and.
Speaker 2: Do I have right we don't have any indication. We just got a word he's in the hospital in critical condition, but was there any indication of when how long he might have been in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Here's what we know.
Speaker 4: His last show on X was on Friday, so I didn't realize. He is a very busy former mayor. Not only does he have a role in Homeland security, he has a streaming show called The Rudy Giuliani Show, and he has America's Mayor Live on X and so he did a show on Friday, and you could hear in his voice that it was really raspy, and so he even said, my voice is a little under the weather, so I won't be able to speak as loudly as I usually do. And if you listen to his broadcast, he's coughing throughout the broadcast. Now, he streamed his The Rudy Giuliani Show that's on Lyndel TV on Wednesday, but it was noted he's missed several episodes in April and the last time he worked a five day week was March. So it appears as though he had some sort of respiratory virus, some sort of illness that.
Speaker 3: Was dogging him in.
Speaker 4: The month of April, and he still was able to go on and do his shows periodically, but not as regularly as he had been doing them.
Speaker 3: And on Friday he sounded like he was in tough shape.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe this had maybe this had been coming he finally got into the hospital. Now, Robesy, you helped me with some clarity here as well. Most of the headlines I saw said critical, did he? And then of course I saw an update to a critical butt stable? Was it always critical but stable? I couldn't tell if his condition changed from just critical to critical but stable.
Speaker 3: Something doesn't sound like it changed. It changed, Okay, I think it.
Speaker 4: Was always when he got in there, he was in critical condition. And look, when you have an eighty one year old man who has had some of the health issues he's had, and certainly the emotional mental issues, I'm sure that he's been dealing with a lot of legal troubles in addition to his workload.
Speaker 3: As an eighty one year old.
Speaker 4: When you have an eighty one year old having respiratory issues, that can be life threatening for sure, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is the guy you mentioned. Other I can't recall the other health issues but I do remember, I mean everybody recalls and remembers and saw the hell all almost his life has been since twenty twenty and a particular election that he got caught up in and caught up ines Besides President Trump, is there anyone who was louder who was screaming louder publicly that that election was rigged and stolen than Rudy Giuliani.
Speaker 4: No, it was President Trump first and Rudy Giuliani second, and so yes, I didn't realize, so I knew that charges against him in Georgia were dropped to election subversion, but he is still facing criminal charges in the state of Arizona, which he's pleaded not guilty. To remember the one hundred and forty eight million dollar defamation lawsuit that he lost to those Georgia election workers who they have been trying for the past several years to get paid in some way, And he's had to sell things, and he was trying to hide things according to them, like cars, a.
Speaker 1: Car involved a car from an actress or something.
Speaker 3: You want to give it up.
Speaker 4: But I think he ended up actually able to keep that. But yeah, so he's been going through all of those legal woes he was disbarred in July of twenty twenty four because of his efforts to challenge the twenty twenty election results. And he was hospitalized in August after he had a pretty serious car accident in New Hampshire where three others they were all sent to the hospital. So he was still recovering from. Look, when you're eighty years old in a massive car accident, that does a number to your body. And then I hadn't realized. I asked you if you had known this seither that Trump appointed him in June to an advisory council role inside the Department of Homeland Security, So he still has a role within the government, and he's got these shows that he's putting on at least he tries to do five days a week while he's battling some pretty significant legal challenges. And again we mentioned his age, so he has a lot on his plate and he's now yes, severely ill.
Speaker 3: We just don't know what actually sent him to the hospital.
Speaker 1: And it's.
Speaker 2: People feel all kinds of way about this guy. But this guy could do no wrong, and it's.
Speaker 1: Too bad.
Speaker 2: It's difficult that the conversation around this guy who was Robes was He not the hero political hero of nine to eleven, if I know, there's not supposed to be victors or somebody that's trying to win, but Robes even George W. Bush and some compliments he got for how he handled we could still see him with that bullhorn down there right at ground zero. But Mayor Giuliani performed pretty admirably. By that's a consensus opinion almost about him after nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: He was the strength that not only New York City needed, but I think that the entire country needed and looked to.
Speaker 3: I wasn't living in New York at the time. I was in DC. Where were you on nine to eleven?
Speaker 1: I was in le Rock, Arkansas?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: And still did you not feel so connected to the city of New York, and specifically connected to the mayor of that city, Rudy Giuliani. When he spoke and he got in front of those cameras, I felt a little safer. I felt like we were going to be okay, that New York was going to rise again under his leadership, and certainly did.
Speaker 3: Crime was down.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had a unbelievable track record as mayor from nineteen ninety four to two thousand and one. He really did clean up the city streets and made New York City a place people wanted to live with their families in.
Speaker 2: And again, no one is saying that this guy was perfect or didn't do anything wrong. He's a politician, so people take plenty of issues with plenty of what he did. But there's a reason he was called America's mayor. There's a reason for that. And he did perform in a way that we have seen rarely people step up in times of that kind of catastrophe.
Speaker 1: Robes.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm mentioning all this because of the high, of the incredible high that he had.
Speaker 1: Roase he ran for president. Yes, a lot of people thought he could have easily been president.
Speaker 3: Right, I think a lot of people were hoping he would be president.
Speaker 2: This was the guy he even if folks don't remember this, Robes, he was the legendary prosecutor who prosecuted the mob in New York, right, bringing down this guy. So he had everything going for him there, Robes, until for whatever reason, his president Trumpet reputation took a turn.
Speaker 1: Depending on Yeah, Robes who you hang with, and it.
Speaker 2: Has hurt his reputation in such a way that people almost forget that he was America's mayor.
Speaker 4: And I think that that's a good point. You and I have had this conversation, We've even said, what has happened to Rudy Giuliani. He truly was somebody that, regardless of your political affiliation, up until I believe, really to a certain point recently, people could look at him and say, you know what, politics aside. He was a good mayor, he was a good politician, he was a good man. And then just in the last six years, it has all gone to hell. His reputation has I don't even know how to describe it, but it has been a disastrous and steady decline.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure some he has his supporters, and he has people on the rights and Republicans who will been to him to the end for what he has done, what he said, and will even say they believe as well that the twenty twenty election was rigged and stolen. Well, Rugiani has been taken to court countless times over making that false claim. It's that serious, and he has continued and continued and continued robes and not let that go, that defamation case, because you see these two little black ladies down there just trying to do their poleworking, and America's mayor is telling us they are the biggest criminals that need to be hauled off to jail because they're responsible for rigging the damn election. This okay, if you believe that, you believe that, but overwhelmingly most people did not. And Robes those types of stories. That's all it's been about him in another courtroom, out of a courtroom, he had lawyer issues. He was stretching out the defamation case. He remember, It's just it hasn't been a positive headline and everything flies in the face of what he was to us. He helped the public, he uplifted the public. He was on the side of the people, and he has aligned himself with a guy who doesn't always get that same reputation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a very nice way to n Yeah. I mean, he was disbarred in twenty twenty four. That is just that that speaks volumes. All right, when we come back, we will tell you what President Trump and what the former mayor of New York had to say about Rudy Giuliani. Welcome back, everyone to this episode of Amy and TJ, where we are watching and waiting to hear word about what is happening with Rudy Giuliani. He has been listed in critical but stable condition. He was hospitalized on yesterday. Yesterday, excuse me. We heard from his spokesperson describing his condition and asking America for prayers for America's mayor. And we also heard from President Trump, who put this out on True Social upon word that Rudy Giuliani was hospitalized, saying, our don't.
Speaker 1: Want to preface it. You don't want to preface it.
Speaker 3: I had him preface it.
Speaker 1: This is typical Trump.
Speaker 2: Typical Trump has taken advantage of a moment and a situation that maybe people are paying attention to to make once again a claim that has been debunked and debunked into that he inserted this robes into this moment.
Speaker 3: It's not shocking, it's not shocking.
Speaker 4: And then, as we were talking about before break, the moment he inserted is the moment that has led to the absolute and complete catastrophic downfall of Rudy Giuliani's career and reputation.
Speaker 2: I just felt that at the bare minimum, before you read this, I felt we should at least say, y'all got to hear this.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what, I appreciate that. Thank you for that preface. That was duly needed. So I appreciate you. That was that was that was good for folks to have that. Going into the statement, all right, here's ed President Trump. Our fabulous Rudy Giuliani, a true warrior and the best mayor in the history of New York City by far, has been hospitalized and is in critical condition. What a tragedy that he was treated so badly by the radical left, lunatics democrats all and he was right about everything that's in all caps. They cheated on the elections, fabricated hundreds of stories, did anything possible to destroy our nation. And now look at Rudy so sad exclamation point.
Speaker 3: President Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 1: Does that suggest that Democrats killed him?
Speaker 4: It does seem as though he is pointing his finger at the lunatic left for creating, Yes, the condition that Rudy Giuliani finds himself in. Now, some people would point the finger directly at President Trump and say he's the reason why Rudy Giuliani is in not just the physical condition he's in, but the financial situation he's in as well.
Speaker 2: I was listening to him, not looking at it, But what percentage of that was spent talking about something other than Rudy Giuliani. It's and I get it, and it's fine, and people might support it and say yes, miss Trump and the in favor and it's just typical Trump.
Speaker 1: That's no reason to be trying to break that down.
Speaker 4: We should end on a more positive note because the former mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, actually did put out something very kind about Juliani.
Speaker 3: He wished Giuliani strength.
Speaker 2: Another former mayor who was also once facing federal indictment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did he have to say? You know, you should preface every statement. It's good because we need the context every time. Sorry for folks who don't know Eric Adams, Yes, he was Giuliani strength, good health, and a full recovery, saying that this moment rises above politics, which I would concur We would hope that people could do that despite how they might feel about Giuliani personally. He is struggling right now significantly. Eric Adams went on to say, from his years as a federal prosecutor to leading New York City through its darkest day on nine to eleven, he stood with this city when it needed him.
Speaker 3: Most.
Speaker 4: Public service at that level demands sacrifice, resilience.
Speaker 3: And an unwavering commitment to the people you serve.
Speaker 4: So he's just lauding what Giuliani did for the City of New York and asking for folks to put politics aside and join him, and and praying for the mayor's health.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say first, Mayor Eric Adams has not been convicted of anything and that indictment, that case was dropped. Let me say that first. Second, I will say, well done, Robes. That was the right tone. That's the tone we're supposed to hear from. Yes, the highest office in the land. But Robes, that was the exact right tone. No matter what, this is a human being. He has a family around him and they're hurting. That's just a part of just Robe. That's a human being. You should your heart should go out. Other part of that, Robes, A little bit of us should also be upset because this guy did mean a lot to this country in a very important time. Yeah, and we have to give him credit for that. If you want to discuss other things in this moment, fine, and that's up to you. But I think Eric Adams hit it right. This moment is above politics, and let's just acknowledge that we hope this guy is going to be okay.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we all certainly hope for his quick and speedy recovery. We'll, of course keep our eye on this developing story, but we always appreciate you listening to us.
Speaker 3: Everyone. I'm Amy Roeboch alongside TJ. Holmes, and we will talk to you soon