Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them.
Speaker 3: Be like Joshua or.
Speaker 2: The sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky's sports radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back our number two Kentucky's Ports Radio.
Speaker 3: You guy's taking an hour or two off. What's going on?
Speaker 2: You know, we're taking a little break. You know, it's just kind of chilling meeting. Some of the meeting and some of the fans was shaking hands and kissing babies.
Speaker 3: Whenever you guys are ready to do a radio show, I'm here.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we lost Drew, Drew and Abby a on the way to this airport in the monsoon. MAT's here. He's shaking hands, kissing babies. Okay, maybe kissing hands and shaking babies. I don't sure what he's doing. So here on here come ladies, gentlemen's welcome back to the airwaves. Mister Matthew Harper, Joe, I see so unprepared. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like he's sitting there saying kissing hands and shaking babies like you.
Speaker 5: Were completely unprepared for that moment. Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, there were people here who had to leave. There was a couple of people getting married and then they had.
Speaker 3: To leave it at the show, we get an hour.
Speaker 4: They're not getting married. They're not getting married here in the bar. Not just you know, if you come all the way here because you're getting married and you wanted to stop by during your wedding weekend. I'm not gonna not talk to you, you know, during the break for a minute.
Speaker 2: Did I say they're getting married at Harper Hall.
Speaker 4: No, they said they are getting married somewhere else. We don't need to announce where their wedding is. Let them have their privacy, Ryan. But nevertheless, yeah, and so then I got also a conversation about you know, these folks, these guys back here make a really good They kind of asked me the ramifications of the Tennessee law, and Tennessee literally can blow up the whole sport if they're not careful. Yeah, literally, they could blow up the whole sport. It makes it all the more important that the Feds the Congress passes their law because long story short, in the state of Tennessee, the Tennessee state law preempts the NCAA does that. If Tennessee says to their university, you don't have to follow the NCAA laws, then Tennessee doesn't have to follow it. Now, the NCAA could kick to See in Vandy out, but I don't think they'll do that, to be honest with maybe they will, I don't know, but federal.
Speaker 5: Law preempts state law.
Speaker 4: So if Congress passes a law, it will preempt that state law for Tennessee, and the Feds will say, Tennessee, now you have to follow the NCAA rules. So it just it's crazy to say this, but right now, the two most important people to college sports are Ted Cruz and Corey book.
Speaker 5: We literally they have to do something.
Speaker 4: And it's really the two of them because the rest of the Senate has basically said, you two. Corey Booker was a former college athlete, Ted Cruz a big sports fan. You two have to do it. And that's and I hope they do because, like they it may be up to those two guys to save college.
Speaker 5: Sports the way we want it to be.
Speaker 2: Is there any chance that the state of Tennessee passes this? They already passed it, and then will others stay follow? Of course they will sec states.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Tennessee gets to do whatever they want and the other states don't.
Speaker 5: The other state.
Speaker 4: You remember what happened when California passed the law allowing athletes to get paid. What happened within six months everybody had that law because they wanted to compete. That will happen with this unless the unless Congress passes.
Speaker 2: So that's why I wanted to Tennessee. If it passes, well, Georgia, some big time sec states.
Speaker 5: If they passed, I mean big will pass it. I mean, it's not anybody.
Speaker 4: When when California passed the law to allow players to be paid, you remember Andy Basher issued an executive order within like a month, like it was a month later when they remember cal and then went up to there and we've told that story. They snuck into the office, call and stoops like it's gonna happen. So I just saw this story right before I came on. Dan Wetzel tweeted about it. But it is a potential like college sports killer. Unless Congress does something about it, which I think they will. It puts them on the spot. Yeah, it puts them on the spot. And that's why Nick Saban. You may have seen an interview with Nick Saban where he's the head of that commission, and he said, I mean, I guess I'm the head of the commission, but I don't know why we even have the commission. This is not how we're gonna fix it, and he's right, they have to have Legislator Trump's commission cannot fix it.
Speaker 5: You cannot do this by executive order. You're gonna have to do.
Speaker 4: It by Congress and hopefully hopefully gets none because I know that's what everyone listening.
Speaker 5: Wants to have happened.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so A five nine, two eight oh twenty two eighty seven one person rights Matt with UK basketball. I'm not expecting the Final four, but I'm expecting Mark Stoops or excuse me, Mark Pope, to improve this year and to make it to where every game Kentucky has a chance to win. I agree with that. I think we had a chance to win every game, except I felt like we played Alabama Auburn last year they were just on a different level. So this year, I'd like to see us feel like in all those games we're as talented as the teams we play.
Speaker 2: I think it's it, you know, we want to play at that Final four levels. You know, last year maybe we were. If we'd stayed healthy, everybody stayed healthy, maybe we could have got to that point.
Speaker 4: But then you feel like when we played Alabama, we really didn't have a chance to win those games. We played them three times, and there was no game during those games that I really thought we were going to win.
Speaker 2: They were just better than we were last year, just had better players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this year, I don't know that that'll be the case.
Speaker 2: This year. If you're looking at the SEC, maybe Florida might have the only roster I might be a little scared of. Outside of that, Kentucky should be competing for the SEC championship.
Speaker 4: Another person, rights, Matt, you talked about basketball. You guys have been down on football this week. Let me ask you a different question about football. What is the best case scenario for UK football in twenty twenty five? Okay, good question. Let's say everything goes the best it could go for UK football this year.
Speaker 5: What's our record.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make people mad. The best case that would be like six and six.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, that we can.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying we're gonna do better than six and six, But you think best case scenario is six and six.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna win any of those SEC home games, so I mean, you gotta go win on the road.
Speaker 4: But you don't think we could win those SEC home games? I mean we beat Old Miss last year. You tell me we can't beat them this year. They lost a quarterback that was a first round in NFL pick. We beat them last year, you just you think it's impossible we could beat.
Speaker 5: Them this year.
Speaker 2: Not impossible, but I just don't think. I don't see it happening.
Speaker 5: Okay, but that's not what all right, Shan, I'm gonna go to you. Best case scenario.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, just looking through the second we're.
Speaker 4: The best case scenario. Let's go through best case through the schedule. You read me the schedule.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Toledo, Yes, that's a win.
Speaker 5: Best case is a win. Oh?
Speaker 3: Could they beat Ole Miss at home? So I'm gonna go to I'm with Eastern Michigan.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 3: Could they beat South Carolina on the road? Yes?
Speaker 5: Four? That's I don't know, that's no.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not. You don't think I think they're going to win that game.
Speaker 4: You're telling me Ryan, there's no way we could win that game at South Kay, it's just impossible.
Speaker 2: No, there's a chance.
Speaker 5: But that's what best case scenario means. I did.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna win at South Carolina?
Speaker 5: All Right, I still don't feel like he knows what best case scenario means.
Speaker 2: Best case scenario you win every game.
Speaker 4: Okay, I agree with that, but I would say to you that the reason within reason, I cannot see a scenario we win at Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we played Texas here. It's gonna be very difficult to win that game.
Speaker 3: So we still got four wins so far. Yes, Tennessee at home.
Speaker 4: Tennessee at home unlikely, but could we win. Yeah, there's a world we could wink.
Speaker 3: You got him at five, I got him at for Kentucky and Auburn at Auburn.
Speaker 5: Definitely could win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. So there's five for me, six for you. Home against Florida.
Speaker 5: I think Florida's gonna be really good this year. Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Florida's really good.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna be really good this year. It's possible like this between Florida and Tennessee. I don't think we could win them both, but maybe we could win one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say that that's possible to win. So bestis I'm gonna give them win. Tennessee Tech is next, that's gonna win.
Speaker 5: That will be Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Tech Vanderbilt on the road. I think is winnable on.
Speaker 5: A best case scenario. Yes, you could be.
Speaker 3: Vandy and then at Louisville.
Speaker 4: At Louisville best case scenario, yes you could win. Okay, so that's what eight?
Speaker 5: Eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you got them at eight. I think I've got them an eight.
Speaker 4: I think best case scenario, there's a world where they could win eight. I do not think they're going to win eight. I think they're probably going to go five and seven or six and six. But there is a world ryan where they could win eight.
Speaker 2: I'll take any bet you want to make right now.
Speaker 5: That's not what a best case scenario.
Speaker 2: We sound pretty confident, am I speaking a different language? Like the best case scenario, you're you're beating Tennessee and Georgia, and but that doesn't mean I bet on it.
Speaker 4: If I was betting on it, I wouldn't bet on them winning five or six.
Speaker 2: You shall confident they gonna beat Vandy. Vandy's beat us two years in a row. Said that's a win.
Speaker 4: I said, in the best case scenario, it's a win.
Speaker 2: I just don't have a lot of optimism for the football team this year.
Speaker 5: Sir, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 4: Am I I feel like I'm speaking French and he's speaking English? And am I missing something about best case scenario?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Like is it possible?
Speaker 5: Right? You could win eight? You think it is impossible? Yes? Okay, all right, well that's what yeah? I mean?
Speaker 4: So if we win eight, which I can, I don't think we're gonna do. But if we do in what would you do?
Speaker 2: Uh? Walk in my boxer?
Speaker 5: Short?
Speaker 4: Okay? No, nobody wants that. Why does everything with you have to end up in nudity? Like, no, there's no one choosing to want you to be new?
Speaker 3: Can we tattoo the record of the.
Speaker 5: City that's a great one? Eight? And if they were to go eight and four?
Speaker 4: Could we tattoo UK football best case scenario?
Speaker 2: Eating?
Speaker 5: It's a lot, we'll put it on.
Speaker 4: We'll give you a tramp stamp of UK football eight and four.
Speaker 5: No, okay, So.
Speaker 3: You're not that competent somewhere else?
Speaker 2: No, I do not want a tattoo inner thigh. No, not happening.
Speaker 3: So and then you're not really that confident, that confident.
Speaker 2: I'm just not getting a tattooed. Period.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you think there is a scenario where you go get it.
Speaker 3: You just talked them into it.
Speaker 2: No, not get a tattoo. I'll work here at Kass Barrow one whole that that's.
Speaker 4: Not that's first of all, there are people that do that for so that is not a that is not a word like that.
Speaker 5: You have to pay to be this unconfident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not getting a tattooed.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't have to worry about it because it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, according to you, it's there's no way we could win eight games.
Speaker 5: I think the likely scenario is five and seven or six and six.
Speaker 4: I think the worst case scenario is we win three, and there's even a world you could win.
Speaker 5: Two and lose to Toledo.
Speaker 4: Yep, but I think three is the worst case scenario. But I do think Shannon, eight is a best case scenario.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We just talked ourselves into it by going game by game throughout the schedule. Yeah, I mean, if everything went right, I think it is possible.
Speaker 4: If everything went right, Ryan would get a tattoo. But he's too scared to do that, and so that's fine. He always wants to get nude. Shannon have you noticed that, like it's always always wants.
Speaker 5: To be in his boxer shorts.
Speaker 3: Who's next, Diane?
Speaker 5: Diane?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Hey, Matt, I've been listening for several years and honestly have never had any interest or notion in calling in until this week, and I just can't help myself.
Speaker 4: Let me guess you're mad that I said children should not have graduations.
Speaker 6: No, but it is adjacent to that.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Earlier in the week you talked about overly used words with Mark Pope and beautiful. Okay, you're going to disagree with me, but I have your word.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: Stupid? And I think I have evidence.
Speaker 5: Do you think I say stupid too much? Okay?
Speaker 6: You do, and I have evidence to back it up. I have a three and a half year old daughter. She's very smart and the word stupid to her is an extremely naughty word, but she loves when people say it. Okay, And there was a week recently a couple let's play a month ago. You said the word every single day Monday through Friday, at least once. She listens it to KSR with me in the car, and whenever you say it, she either busts out laughing or is just like, cannot believe what she's hearing of than the duldest thing.
Speaker 4: That's so she thinks there's no adults should not say the word stupid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, exactly. And yesterday in the segment about kindergarten graduation, you said it at least five times. I lost county. After she she literally put her hands over her ears and went, why does he keep saying?
Speaker 5: Okay, so, what is your what is your daughter's name? Her first name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Avery.
Speaker 5: Avery.
Speaker 4: I will for you Avery, because you think it's a bad word. I will stop trying. I will try to stop saying the S word for things that I think are not smart, because I don't want Avery to feel to feel like I'm letting her down. So Avery, I'll say it one more time to get it out of my system. I will no longer say the word stupid, at least on purpose. Shannon, if I do, will buzz it and give me a bad one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well to say dom insteady.
Speaker 6: Can you tell them that you're proud of them? I'm proud of you. Okay, she got bashfu on me, but we're proud.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, very we appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I'm yes, I can't. I'm gonna do my best, Ryan, uh to to because I don't want. I don't want three and a half year old is to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's nice that you're gonna take Avery's advice and try not to say that word.
Speaker 5: Yeah. In the best case scenario, I will not do that.
Speaker 4: UK Federal Credit Union we understand that home is where the heart is, but it's also where the equity is. With our market lead leading home equity line of credit, you can take advantage of rates as low as six point five percent APR. It's pretty good in today's economy. There are no annual fees, no closing costs. You can draw your funds out only when you need them. It is UK Federal Credit Union. Uh, your home improvement dreams can become a reality. APR's annual percentage rate rate is variable. Federally insures you a equal Housing leanner l n MLS number four one four.
Speaker 5: We'll take a break.
Speaker 4: We are here at KS Bar and Grill on a rainy Friday. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: Quarterback.
Speaker 4: It's Kentucky Sports Radio here live at the KS Bar and Grail. Remember all weekend long if you're here, and you take a picture of yourself being here, you will and you text it to seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. At the end of that, I'll give someone tickets to the UK Purdue exhibition game.
Speaker 5: Good tickets.
Speaker 4: I think I can't promise still be lower, but I think they probably will. Knowing where I'm getting these tickets, they probably will be pretty good. That game is going to be quite an opening exhibition for I realized it's only ten days after Big Blue Madness, like they're coming in hot.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll probably do pregame show. Maybe you have to do a postgame show for an exhibition game.
Speaker 4: I don't know about the schedule for the pre and postgame shows, but I do think that it'll be so much. I do think that, Shannon, I mean that that's gonna be exciting playing a game like that that early in the year. And remember this is not I mean Purdue, they had a chance to be preseason number one too. I mean they're gonna be really, really good.
Speaker 3: We went from playing like morehouse and athletes in action to Purdue and exhibition games. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: That is a that is a huge change all right, Now, you're not gonna like this question, Ryan, but this is coming from multiple people.
Speaker 5: So asking the question.
Speaker 4: When person writes I love Ryan Lemon, let me press it by saying that this is not an attack on him. That usually means this is an attack. But this is not an attack on him. But I feel like his negativity towards UK football has risen a lot since Dane left. Does he believe that he has become more negative since Dane is gone? Or on the contrary, maybe he's just not as positive without Dane there.
Speaker 2: I'd say it's probably just a little bit of truth to both of those.
Speaker 5: But you would realize, though, that would be that's lett ingim bias. Get it? Sure? But what I mean? Sure like you, but you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, but as a as a fan, I want Kentucky to win every game. I'm just trying to be honest. I could you know shoy to sugarcoat it most smoke up everybody? But why but you did?
Speaker 4: I think it would be fair to say that during like last year, you did sugarcoat it some I thought that, So let me put it like this. I thought your opinion about UK football generally speaking was you were generally just more positive than than me, right, Like Shannon has always printed the body been the most negative, then Drew, then me, and you were always the most positive.
Speaker 5: And that's probably true of basketball too.
Speaker 2: You've always just.
Speaker 5: Kind of been a positive guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I never really thought you were positive because of Dane. I just thought you were positive, and then you were very positive about Dane, as you should have been, sure, But now he's not there, and the guy that's always been positive is now sounding negative and that's not usually your personality.
Speaker 5: So why is that you think?
Speaker 2: I honestly think I'm just trying to be honest about what I think the football team.
Speaker 4: But you didn't think they were gonna be good last year, really, and you still kind of always would say.
Speaker 2: I think I predicted eight wins last year, of course only won four. Yeah, I thought they'd win some those SEC home games.
Speaker 4: So what do you think is the difference between what made you predict eight last year and what's making you predict four now?
Speaker 5: I mean the we only won four last year? Is that you think the and you've you've heard that the culture is much better.
Speaker 2: Culture is better. Sixteen starters gone from.
Speaker 4: A bad team though, Yeah, I mean you might argue that if sixteen starters are gone when you stunk, there should have been sixteen starters gone.
Speaker 2: So then the players we've got coming in, I don't know if they're as good as the players that left.
Speaker 5: So you don't think there's any bias towards it, No.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe just a little, but not much. I just think this team, the football team, is gonna struggle some this year.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Nine two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. I don't I have never thought of you as biased.
Speaker 2: I still don't.
Speaker 4: I know you were overly positive today, but you should be, yeah, right, like just like anybody would with it with their kids. I am a little surprised at how negative you are this year, because usually this time of year, even when we stunk, you were generally pretty positive.
Speaker 2: I'm sure as the season gets closer, I'll talk myself into winning some more games. I just with the schedule is this year and what I see on our roster, it's just gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: I think. Okay, who's up next year?
Speaker 3: Mike, Mike?
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Have you guys been talking any about the SEC Track and Field championships that are supposed to be going on this weekend in Lexington.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have not, but the SEC Track and Field Championships are supposed to start today in Lexington. I don't know what this weather is going to do to the start of it or not. But I've seen the track athletes. I've seen him walking around town for the last two days everywhere. But the SEC track and Field is here. Has it been here before?
Speaker 2: No, maybe years ago, but has been It's been a while.
Speaker 4: We never had a facility I think that actually qualified to host it, and then when they did the new one, now we can.
Speaker 7: Well. I was actually in the SEC Championships in Wrexington. I was an SEC record holder in nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 5: Well that was a long time ago. Yeah, So are you gonna Are you gonna go this weekend? Well?
Speaker 7: My teammate and I Jim Green, who was a world record holder. Oh yeah, we're watching the weather. But we have so many world class athletes and I think that we need to be talking about it more. I definitely think that we need a better indoor track facility like they have at other SEC schools like Arkansas, where they can actually have the NATS indoors if needed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, they just got the outdoor when done, so I think it's probably gonna be a little while before they do the indoor one.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, that's a very good point, and I appreciate you calling, sir. We really do.
Speaker 4: There are people here in Lexington this weekend that will be in the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Sure, a lot of them because the SEC.
Speaker 4: I mean, we have a pipeline of SEC athletes to the Olympics more than any other conference.
Speaker 5: And they're all gonna be in town.
Speaker 4: So if you if the weather does get better, I do think if people can get out there this weekend, you will see people that will be wearing Olympic uniforms in twenty twenty eight, right coming up.
Speaker 2: Even Kentucky track and field athletes. Some of those guys will be in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that is all weekend. I'm not sure how the weather is going to change the schedule. We'll be right back, SKSR.
Speaker 5: TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 3: He'll make them pay. Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio. Uh if I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 4: People seem to like that conversation Ryan on the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four and some of them. One Beersch says, right, does Ryan will he go to a Nebraska game this year?
Speaker 2: Yes, Kentucky's off weekend. Nebraska hosts Michigan, So I'm going that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'd be a great environment.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: One Beersson rights, Matt, you, of all people should not criticize right for being overly positive on football. You've been overly positive the entire Mark Stoops era, and you don't accept that Kentucky football should be a lot better.
Speaker 5: It is funny how time changes.
Speaker 4: When Mark was in his early years, if you remember, fans were mad because I wasn't positive enough. Remember my thing used to be that I didn't think there was any way Kentucky football could ever go to the SEC Championship. I didn't think there was any way Kentucky football could ever recruit.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: There used to be people who say, heck, there was a guy on a message board a few days ago who said I want UK football to lose because I like UK basketball more, which is a really dumb comment. I didn't use the other word. By the way, notice, good for you. But and now it said I'm too positive. I think a lot of that stems riding from me doing that video last year where I said that there was a way for them to go to the playoffs.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 5: But I will stand by if that was true at that time it was true because.
Speaker 4: Again, let's look back at last year. We only won four games and we stunk. But let's look at who we lost to. Okay, we lost to Vandy. Yeah, should have won that game, should have won that's five. You're telling me we should have lost to Auburn.
Speaker 2: Should have beat Auburn at home. Okay, now you're at six. Florida had that game, had it seven? Right, South Carolina?
Speaker 5: South Carolina at home.
Speaker 4: That's a And if you remember what I said was there are eight winnable games on the schedule and then if you could shock somebody, we could do it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And we weren't. We were we were there with Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeo.
Speaker 4: So now that's easy to say we lost all those games. But if you had that Will Levis team, or even like the team with Devin Leary.
Speaker 5: You'd have had a shot in those games. Sure, So my comment that in theory, was there a way to make the playoff?
Speaker 4: Yes, And I said this Missouri had the season a couple of years ago that we wanted to have. That's right, right, And last year, if Old miss had just beaten us, they would have had that season. Yeah, but they lost to us. So my comment I never people take that video. That was one of Mario's first video he puts out and it still goes viral with fans giving me a hard time about it.
Speaker 5: But the idea that it was there for the taking I still stand by. It's just we stunk and we couldn't do.
Speaker 2: I want to be clear. I hope I'm wrong. I want the Kentucky football team to win every game. I want to be very successful. But we try to be honest on this show, try to tell us what we really think. And right now I guess I'm still like Missouri, you still got to show me.
Speaker 4: Speaking of being honest, Shannon, did you see Johnny Broom of Auburn's vertical leap at the NBA Combine.
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah, so Auburn's Johnny Broom.
Speaker 4: He jumped in the vertical twenty four point five inches, which is one of the lowest totals ever recorded at the NBA Combine. In fact, at the NFL Combine, Florida had a defensive lineman that weighed four hundred and fifty seven pounds and he jumped twenty five inches, so he jumped a half an inch higher than Johnny Broom at four hundred and fifty seven pounds. And if you watch the video, it's kind of sad because Johnny Broom is really trying, like he does that thing where he keeps going up and he's.
Speaker 5: Like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Get the moment.
Speaker 4: I'm going, come, Shannon, I'm about to hit big time heights.
Speaker 5: Here we go. And then he's like.
Speaker 3: The noise that he made.
Speaker 5: And then apparently like.
Speaker 4: Somebody, one of the draft people or somebody online goes learn to speak Chinese man, which is like really man, meaning he's not gonna be playing in America. You know, Johnny Broom was never a great athlete, but that was surprisingly terrible.
Speaker 2: I was very surprised the dude was in the competition to win National Player of the Year with Cooper Flag. You know, it was one of one of those two guys, and for him to have one of the lowest recorded vertical jumps ever. I thought he was more of an athlete, really did. Maybe that's why he did get recruited highly out of high school. You know, whin to Morehead State.
Speaker 4: What do you do, Shannon, If a four hundred and fifty seven pound football player jumps higher than you in a vertical leap, do you just quit.
Speaker 3: And move to China start playing there?
Speaker 5: I'm done?
Speaker 3: And he barely got over a piece of paper at that height.
Speaker 2: Dude, he was so good in college too, and in some ways, I mean I wonder, like, you know, Jokic, what do you think his vertical leap is?
Speaker 5: It's probably twenty four point probably not much more than Broom. I mean, it's probably not a lot.
Speaker 3: And it worked out pretty well for it.
Speaker 5: It worked out well for him, Yeah, but it is kind of a I think what makes the video so sad is how hard he's tried.
Speaker 2: He's really trying sing those.
Speaker 4: He's swinging those arms, and he's really trying, and it's just not happening for him.
Speaker 2: I wondered, if you know, he got hurt during the year, Maybe he was injured, maybe he's hurt, but that seems like kind of crazy that's all the higher he got, and he.
Speaker 5: Got twenty four point five on the first one, the one you see on video. He didn't even get that. Oh he wasn't even able to get what he had gotten the first.
Speaker 3: So how much of that do you weigh into? You know, he's still a great player, but he can't jump, So do we take a chance on him or not?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, yeah, it's gonna hurt him. Yeah, I mean it's gonna hurt him because, like you know, I mean, if you're gonna play, Like, remember, Jokic wasn't Jokis's second round pick.
Speaker 5: I think he was.
Speaker 4: I mean I think Jokis was the second round pick. And as good as he is, I don't think people thought he was gonna be good. He was a second round pick.
Speaker 2: They put so much emphasis on things like that, like you know, in football tw many times you can bitch press, you know, two hundred twenty five pounds and now down's the vertical jump in basketball, put so much emphasis on that rather than just being the player that he is.
Speaker 3: He was the forty first pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Yokis was the forty first Wow. Obviously they got that wrong. But a lot of people say well, why do you put so much emphasis on that? If you go and look at the second round picks, for every Jokics, there's twenty five guys that don't make the league. Uh huh, right, So you might get one Jokics wrong, but then there's a lot of guys that stink.
Speaker 2: We would you draft him just based on that? Would you not drafting?
Speaker 4: But I would put him on a G League team or something and see what can happen. Because you're right, his skill set is not athleticism. But I do wonder that slow shot, and he's not that tall.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that'll work in the NBA.
Speaker 2: What's he projected? Is he projected?
Speaker 5: I don't think he's projected to get drafted. He's not. Wow. Maybe second round, but I don't think something. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Bruce?
Speaker 5: Bruce? Go ahead, Bruce.
Speaker 9: Got the piece of news, and then a question for the KSR Supreme Court. You're on.
Speaker 5: The name.
Speaker 9: Is Yesterday, the Rainy brothers from Union County. The rest were of Jordan and Jaden. They committed to wrestle at Oklahoma State. Were that highest ranked recruits the head and committed yet and so congrats to Jordan and to go down the kids the uh.
Speaker 4: Yes, probably the best wrestlers ever in Kentucky history. Yeah, committed to UH Oklahoma State yesterday. Congrats to them. And what's your what's your question?
Speaker 9: What is the number of years removed or the age for both men and women that it's creepy if they go to a high school prom?
Speaker 5: What's the oldest age you can go to a high school prom and it not be creepy.
Speaker 9: Yeah. You see prom photos on social media and you're just what, man, this dude is way too old.
Speaker 5: This woman's way slows to be going, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Because it's tough with high school because it's also those a lot of those people that's a seventeen year old, So like, I don't know, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: It's it's not very high. I would say, I wouldn't. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. Over twenty. Could you figure he's a twenty year old maybe two years ago, he's a senior, his date maybe in a sophomore and see that happening.
Speaker 3: If you're old enough to buy beer for everybody at the prom, that's too old.
Speaker 5: It's too old.
Speaker 2: Good point, Yeah, good point.
Speaker 5: You know when I was in Middlesbrough.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you all in small towns, but there was a parking lot where everybody hung out. Did you grow up in a small town? Was there a parking lot where everybody hung out? Ours was the Roses Parking Lot. And the Roses parking Lot everybody would drive around and there was a time when you were a senior in high school you'd see the people that were too old to be into Roses parking Yeah, you know what I mean. It's like, you need to move on with your life Roses parking Lot. That time of your life is over. And I would say twenty was about that age.
Speaker 2: So would you go to Roses Parking Lot? You couldn't get out of the library. That's supposed you spend a lot of time in the library.
Speaker 5: Back nine o'clock on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: I was shocked in a library. Wouldn't be shocked?
Speaker 4: No, See, you've taken this library story wrong. When I was a senior in high school, there were a couple classes that my teachers felt like, you know, there wasn't anything left to teach me, so they would send me to the library to the beanbag chair to read like novels and I would have to write sotuf. They were trying to keep me like challenge challenged. It wasn't because I just was such a dork that I always had to be in the library. It was that they kind of Middlesbrough ran out of classes for me, so they sent me and I would read like Gabrielle Garcia Marquez books, which they couldn't sign to the regular school because they were kind of riskue and they didn't want parents to get mad.
Speaker 5: But they knew that my parents would be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how often did you go to the Middlesborough City Library then? Not a lot, not a lot.
Speaker 5: I've had a social life. Thank you. You act like I'm just talk about Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage. You know he'd mentioned in my little funkal bottle Pop here, buncle pop doll. You got a stock To Mortgage shirt on. That's because I'm proud to represent Stoctor Mortgage. They're the number one lender in Kentucky. They're all over Kentucky, they're growing, they're even outside of Kentucky. So if it's coming up, you're thinking about maybe making a move, maybe adding onto your house, maybe building a new house gives doctor Marget you call NMLS eight two five nine equal healsing lender would be glad to help you.
Speaker 4: The rain is stopped outside, uh, and so now the day the track will probably be going on here in a little bit and you can come out ks Bar and Grill remember all week and long.
Speaker 5: Take a picture of yourself here.
Speaker 2: With the menu said, you got to take it with the men.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd like you to have something to show. It's now, but I'm not gonna be too okay, you know, but you do have to have like yourself in it. You can't just like take a picture of food. I gotta know what you because if you take a picture of yourself, I at least know you're not just stealing somebody else's picture. Say you're doing it right now. I will know this is real because I'm in the picture.
Speaker 5: There you go, and so.
Speaker 4: So I will know that that actually is a qualifying picture. We will take a break and send it to the text machine and we'll you got a chance to win UK tickets. We'll be right back to kiss Welcome back, final savement here take you sports radio, ks Bar and Grill UH eight five twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. People asking me about the Preakness trifecta. Pick the Preakness. I think there's only what eight horses in it?
Speaker 5: Eight or nine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, My trifecta stuff doesn't work unless you get at least twelve to fourteen. It's just not enough for the payment to be worth So I I mean, I'll, I'll bet on the Preakness, but it won't be It's not the same payoff.
Speaker 2: You need a bunch.
Speaker 4: That's why the Breeders Cup in the Derby are really the only ones that work, because it's the only races nowadays that have the amount of horses that that that that you need.
Speaker 2: I'll bring this up to you. You know, all this debate about moving the date of the Preakness in the Belmont, we talked about how the Belmont's and even at Belmont Park this year it's a different resta. Next year, the Preakness is not even at Pimlico. They've moved. They're moving in next year to work on is it at Laurel or what? Yes, that's it.
Speaker 5: So next year, both the Preakness and the Bellmont are at different tracks.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Tarah Tooga's two years okay, yeah, so they won't move the date yet, they'll move the whole race.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. I didn't realize the Pregnans was moving too. Uh.
Speaker 4: Pimlico needs it though. Pimlico needs to be redone. It's it's junkie. It's disgusting. Actually, yeah, anybody if you all ever been the pregnants and it's disgusting, like it needs to be.
Speaker 2: One guy described as the trailer park of horse racing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's just junkie. Like you you you If I were to list for you the ten best horse tracks in America, Pimlico might not be in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's they're gonna move it to what do you say, Laurel.
Speaker 4: Laurel's nicer. Now they probably should have it there anyway, but they don't. One person rides Matt. You mentioned you read Gabrielle Garcia Marquez. I want to know, has Ryan ever read Gabrielle Garcia Marquez?
Speaker 5: Do you even know who that is? It's not a shortstop for the Guardians.
Speaker 2: She was married to Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: That was Gisel.
Speaker 2: Oh, I tried. Even Gabrielle, I have I've never heard that author Loving the Time of Cholera.
Speaker 5: No, one hundred Years of Solitude.
Speaker 2: No, okay, she wrote those books.
Speaker 5: No, those are just words I wanted to say Shannon that I thought would be nice.
Speaker 3: I'm with Ryan. I've never heard of her.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's a heat.
Speaker 2: Gabriella is a he.
Speaker 5: Gabrielle.
Speaker 2: Oh, Gabrielle.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: The Canes made this Eastern Conference Finals last night, which was fun. I'm wearing a Cane are ye. I pumped my fist. I'm getting to the point that the Canes are like, They're not gonna be Kentucky, but they're probably second for me in terms of getting into it.
Speaker 5: I know all the players I like. I've really gotten into it this year. I've always liked them, but I've really gotten into it this year.
Speaker 2: So I know you're gonna try to go up and win an extra game. Will you go now in the next round of the Championship Series, I.
Speaker 5: Think I will.
Speaker 4: I'll go to one of them if they they'll either play Florida, which is in Miami, or Toronto. I was saying, you know, I'll go if it's in Miami, but Toronto might be closer.
Speaker 2: Toronto's a lot closer than she thinks.
Speaker 5: Shannon is closer Miami or Toronto?
Speaker 3: Toronto?
Speaker 2: Six hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say Toronto.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Toronto is? Uh, Toronto? Ontario is.
Speaker 3: I'll look at Miami while you're looking that up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Toronto is. It looks like it's only it's five hundred and seventy four miles. You think Miami's farther than that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Miami like sixteen hours? Yeah, sixteen hours. It doesn't say let me see what's the mileage on it?
Speaker 5: Oh, driving to Toronto is only eight and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I thought it was short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thou ninety three double to Miami.
Speaker 4: I never think it's double the miles from Lexington to Miami as it is Toronto.
Speaker 2: So if they played Toronto, will you try to go there?
Speaker 4: I think it'd be hard to get a ticket there because they'll if they're playing, they lose their minds about it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but I might go up there for the atmosphere or something like that. That might be fun.
Speaker 2: You know, Toronto has the only nickname that's grammatically incorrect in all the professional sports. What do you mean the maple leafs?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Because it's leaves.
Speaker 2: The maple leafs not it leaves.
Speaker 5: What an interesting trivia question. H How did you know that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I learned it when I was reading in the library. Read Gabrielle Martinez Fernandez in the library.
Speaker 5: Gabrielle Martinez Fernandez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that her name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was he was good? All right?
Speaker 3: Who's next her again?
Speaker 5: Go ahead? Mike?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Second time? Long time? How you doing, guys? Love your show? You a couple of things, A couple of things. Can I be your caddy at your next event? And I have a possible tattoo option for Ryan if you guys choose to do the record thing with Kentucky this year. Based on Avery's kindergarten call earlier, the tattoo should just be stupid.
Speaker 5: No, I would. I wouldn't do that to you, right, I appreciate the call. I would not.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, one thing.
Speaker 5: I can't say that word. We can't say the word.
Speaker 8: And you didn't understand. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: I got to appreciate the call. You get two things, that's three. You don't get three. You get too?
Speaker 2: Here people off today, we're past that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could should have done it yesterday. I would have let you do all three things. Who's next, Judy, Judy, go ahead, Judy, Judy, Judy, Judy.
Speaker 9: Hey, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 6: I look at Facebook to bed yest night.
Speaker 7: They had a thing uh Otaga and it said.
Speaker 9: That he's demanding to get more money than.
Speaker 4: Don't let me tell you something, Judy. Don't believe Facebook. That's my advice to you about everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got on there.
Speaker 7: I mean, all these people were bad bat oh wait and I got on there and I said, oh, that's crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Otaga's not demanding anything. I didn't see that. But Otaga. Here's what I can tell you about Otaga. If he decides not to go in the draft, the deal he has with Kentucky is done. Okay, so he's either gonna stay in the draft or he's gonna go. But Otaga and UK already have a if he doesn't go in the draft, what his deal is to come back. That's why Pope feels confident in his press conference talking about him being here, because they already know what it.
Speaker 5: Will be if he comes back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just pissed me off.
Speaker 5: Thank you. You can't you can't, you can't believe Facebook. You can't believe Facebook.
Speaker 2: No, you can believe it's on the internet, but not on Facebook.
Speaker 4: DraftKings Pick of the Night. Go to DraftKings. Bet five win three hundred dollars. Tell me Nick, Celtics Big Game Game six. Knicks are up three to two, but if they lose, then they off to go to Boston for Game seven.
Speaker 2: No, Tatum, what you got in the garden Friday night? Nick's magic is back Nicks win the night without Tatum.
Speaker 5: If I could be anywhere tonight, I'd love to be at the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think that's gonna be one of the really great twelve hundred bucks for the back row?
Speaker 5: Would you pay that?
Speaker 4: No, but I'd love to be in there sitting next to Kylie Jenner and Timothy Shamalay or whatever and Shamalay thing. I think it would be awesome to be in there. But yeah, it's gonna be in a crazy atmosphere tonight, and I hope it's gonna be. Let's go Jalen and Cat stop overpaying for sunglasses. Shady Rays independent American owned company right here in Kentucky, running, fishing, biking, golfing, Premium polarized shades. I wore them yesterday. They help UH protect your eyes and also keep the sun out. Grab a pair and Lexington or Louisville Rocation or go to Shady rays dot com. Thank you all very much for coming out. Good to see you Rachel as well. UH all weekend. Take your picture here and send it to me. Somebody will win UK Perduke tickets. Enjoy your weekend too, sir, you too. We will see you on Monday. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio