Speaker 1: Hello, hot angel faces, we are coming to you.
Speaker 2: Live from Hawaii North Shore.
Speaker 3: I was gonna expect some hula tunes from off key.
Speaker 1: Just say hi, my love, Hi man, Hi baby, you guys, welcome back to the Give them All a Podcast. I this was really really hard to do because I wake up and I look outside and just the vibe makes me want to put a swimsuit on, shut out.
Speaker 2: The world and do nothing all the live long day.
Speaker 3: I apologize for making you do this.
Speaker 2: No, I love doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: There's just something about the environment in Hawaii, like yesterday or over there.
Speaker 3: You don't want to work, ever, No.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I want to open up a food truck and decide the days that I want to be open that they've got it figured out.
Speaker 4: And I don't even want to do a food truck.
Speaker 2: I want to move, do you Sorry?
Speaker 1: You guys, This pot is maybe a little bit chaotic because we're obviously when you watch the YouTube video that drops Friday, you'll see that we're in our amazing home with the most fantastic view. Ocean has found seashells that she wants to run under the water. So you may have a little voice popping in you may hear babies crying, but you know what, it's all good. I want you to mentally just be on the beach right now. I have Easton obviously, I have my mother.
Speaker 2: Who did you have a list of things you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: I do have a list, but I got to get my phone. I forgot my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. She's a rookie.
Speaker 1: So since we last spoke to you, guys, it was Thanksgiving, and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving that was just full of thanks and love and full bellies and giving. I know that sometimes the holidays roll around, and we've spoken about this before t T where it's like once you are in this zone of like you're now the parent, so you are the one that's having to figure out the Thanksgiving menu, or you're the one who's trying to figure out like what gifts are from Jijs, what gifts are from me? We all want to stay clean. I don't really want to give credit to Santa Claus. I spoke about that last year. I'm like, I'm buying great gifts from Santa, but Mom wants the credit. So I know that the holidays they take a shift as you get older and your families grow. But I think overall we had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Truly it was the best. Yeah, it was the best.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite part about it?
Speaker 4: Mom? It was like local, it was not pressure.
Speaker 3: See. That's what I've loved about our Thanksgivings and holidays is I feel like everybody puts such a we need to make it of the experience and what is it a rich We have to make it a ritual, so it has to be great every year it has to be and it's like it is a.
Speaker 2: Ritual something that like, uh, which is s do? I think it's tradition, our tradition. Oh, it is okay to keep going.
Speaker 3: Whatever it may be. But I feel like so many people are like, but I need it great for my kids so they remember and then they give it to their kids, and it's like, you're you're reaching too far. Just no plans are the best plans.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you why it feels different for me? Do tell because the holidays just hit it differently.
Speaker 2: When I don't wake up and get a buzz on.
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 1: Starla, it just doesn't have to say it was like a great.
Speaker 2: Did you get a placebo effect?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was a great day.
Speaker 1: So we popped bottles on Thanksgiving, we popped Starla sparkling rose and there was just something living in Utah and it was like cold outside and my dad would already be awake, and you had like these special hand painted glasses that were short.
Speaker 2: What are they called calm?
Speaker 1: What is the flutes?
Speaker 2: No, the glasses that are short, what do you call them?
Speaker 1: I just call them short glasses? Short cocktail glasses. And it was just like with the stems, right, No, that's a that's a.
Speaker 3: Oh, because that was my favorite because then you'd pick your little trinket and put it around the stems.
Speaker 4: You're talking about a wine glass, yeah, or like a flue, yes.
Speaker 2: But there's something.
Speaker 1: There was something about having dad make me that first drink in the morning before cooking just screams, it's the holiday, let's effing go, bitch.
Speaker 3: No, that's the one thing that I got of land and just sitting there just looking at his tragger, looking at his turkey coat, like damn.
Speaker 2: Landon cooked the turkey.
Speaker 3: For us and it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: What were you in charge of, mom?
Speaker 4: Sweet potatoes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: They were fantastic this year. Thank you, Lisa.
Speaker 4: I trippled the topping this year.
Speaker 1: A good choice is my favorite for the people who have written in to say, like, please send me the recipe for the sweet potatoes your mom makes that you guys rave about and I wish that I could, But you don't even follow a recipe? Do you just kind of like go for it?
Speaker 4: No, I have a recipe we can post.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I'd really appreciate that, because people ask all the time. I was in charge of the green beans and carrots, and they were Mam Pratt and Joe, you.
Speaker 4: Did a phenomenal job on that.
Speaker 3: You really did, You really did. They were fantastic.
Speaker 1: I added butter and olive oil and just so they're.
Speaker 3: All whipping and stuff. And you literally cut a carrot down the side, put it on a tray all of oiling, slit it in the up fantastic tape.
Speaker 2: You're such a dick.
Speaker 3: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: We know, shocker standard for Easton sit around and look pretty all day.
Speaker 3: I sit around the pretty thing.
Speaker 1: So I decided because I dressed Sosa up in this little turkey outfit. It was like a knitted, handmade turkey hat and the bottoms had like the little ruffle of the turkey in the back and Janet gave it to me and she said, I got this for Cam last year, but he was still bacon in the oven like a turkey and he couldn't wear it.
Speaker 3: All I do know is there's some mayhem going on behind me. But I'm gonna video what Ocean is doing. And I just.
Speaker 4: Doesn't drop the sea glass and the guards.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. But go on, we'll get Lisa.
Speaker 4: She's I want the sea glass.
Speaker 1: So I post this carousel. We'll get you your sea glass. I post this carousel of photos and I'm so proud of it. And I I go in to retouch Ocean's teeth of her holding sauce in her turkey outfit, and I just couldn't make it look like it wasn't super edited all right, So I'm like whatever, and I post it almost immediately. And by the way, when did that accident happen with Ocean? I spoke about it on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh months ago.
Speaker 2: It was before school started in lie so it probably happened in.
Speaker 1: June where Ocean fell face first on her bike, not in my care but at the other house.
Speaker 2: And I got a text that just said like, hey, by the way, where was it at my dad's house? That's right? And and it was threedy, yeah, so much. And it turned to gray. Yeah, but they're beautiful.
Speaker 4: But they were white, yes, yeah they were. And what color? What color's teeth?
Speaker 2: Yellow?
Speaker 4: Get the biggest kick out of that yellow?
Speaker 3: What color?
Speaker 4: Mama's what?
Speaker 2: Ah? Do you get an A today?
Speaker 3: What color? Are techies hit? You better think.
Speaker 2: She gets an A from us?
Speaker 1: So she I get a text from my axent just says her lip is busted, so just be where when you pick her up.
Speaker 2: When I pick her up, her lip is very busted.
Speaker 1: But then and I look at her two front teeth, and I noticed that the gums are bloody, and so I'm keeping an eye on them.
Speaker 2: And the moment they.
Speaker 1: Start turning a color, which they're gorgeous ocean. Well, actually, Lisa calls and we tell the dentist what happened, and they said, are they turning a color? You need to come in immediately. And I'm like, oh great, it's been like a couple weeks. They said, Luckily, there's no damage to there's damage to the room, but it's not dead, so keep an eye on it. If she complains about them every single day, because they said often. I said, what's often, and they said, like every single day. She says that they're hurting, because then we're going to have to figure out what to do with them. So in my mind, I'm like, I'm editing these teeth. Number one, I'm vain. I am a teeth person. I wanted just to have cute, little white teeth.
Speaker 4: Well, she had such cute white teeth.
Speaker 2: And there's still the cutest, cutest, yes, cute.
Speaker 1: People were commenting, so obviously I edit and edit them for that reason. But also I was editing them because of the comment section the common Center.
Speaker 3: It's win or there's no win. In either way you would have gone no.
Speaker 1: So I post the carousel and immediately with that photo up, people start talking about my child's teeth, and I don't want to say you all, but some of you squares are like, you know, it's a bottle rot, which someone described as too much sugar.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely untrue.
Speaker 1: Bottle row is when you give a child with teeth a bottle before bed and the milk sits there and rots the teeth. My child hasn't had a bottle in years. The other thing was she eats too much sugar, or they're not brushing her teeth, or it's a fluoride issue. So the comment section is full of people like talking about my child's teeth, and immediately I'm like, I'm posty about this, but did.
Speaker 4: They show you their their dental license?
Speaker 1: None of them were, by the way, They're all just people sitting on Instagram bored on Thanksgiving, I knowing trolling. So I then go on and repost it with Ocean and I talk about the accident, and I admit to editing them in some photos, and I say, go ahead and judge me, and you certainly did?
Speaker 2: You? Certainly did? I just get what is it?
Speaker 3: At what point can you win?
Speaker 1: And it's like, okay, well, I just wanted to avoid the whole thing, so that's why I would edit them. And now people are saying that I sent some people that I send the wrong message by editing her teeth. Okay, I don't know which is the wronger message, me doing that and moving on with my day and my child looking back when she's older and asking why did you not edit my teeth? Because that's what will happen, just like I wish my mom would have pinned my ears back in photos when I was a child, because I would have had much cuter photos to submit. But it's okay they didn't have that technology back then. Or is it more of a mind f to have a comment section for a child to look back on where you guys are talking about her teeth of rotting out of her face, Like.
Speaker 2: I could not believe that it was such an uproar.
Speaker 3: I would look at you and say, thank you for wipening my teeth.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I That's what I thought was.
Speaker 3: Just being bottom rot. You're gonna get main called at school for that.
Speaker 1: Well, by the way, when she started school, I walked in and I was like, Hi, I'm while I'm Ocean's mom. She has two little full front teeth. She fell because I was like so insecure that they were going to think that it was me and I wasn't even there during the accident.
Speaker 3: Did the comment section make you think it was you? Is that why? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was me at all.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when they're saying that, like, she's not getting in a fluorite, she has a fantastic diet and we brush thoroughly, so that also happened on Thanksgiving and I was like, spiraling about it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, Mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about it until you.
Speaker 4: Just I just don't know why people have to be negative.
Speaker 3: I don't know because you've said it misery loves Company.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually there were a few comments that were like, that's not what happened. There's trauma to the two front teeth. My son did this. It was always the sun. And so a few of the messages that I got in my DMS that got through I responded to because they were like, don't listen to anybody.
Speaker 2: I totally get it.
Speaker 1: And I said, you know, this seems very common in like daredevil children, and Ocean is a dare devil.
Speaker 4: She's the biggest daredevil. She gives me a heart attack every single day.
Speaker 1: No, it's terrifying and every and there's usually a moment every day that she goes for her mouth again and I'm like, these teeth are going to be black by the time she.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has no fear, zero fear, and even if she falls or gets hit, she has We were at the playground. She was doing the monkey bars falls because she did it with nobody near her, because it's who she is, falls straight on her back, cries for maybe two minutes back to the monk key bars. Yeah didn't even fly.
Speaker 1: But no, it didn't face her at all. But that's just who she is, and you know what, I have to embrace. My anxiety level is very high every single day, to the point where I'm like, do I need a beta blocker just to deal with this child? Because it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: But you're so sweet and cute.
Speaker 1: The flight to Hawaiian Let's get to Hawaii because that's what I really want to talk about. Now that I've purged about the teeth comments, I've been sitting on that for a week.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't wait to get on the pod Adventus.
Speaker 3: No one is more excited that you got this off at your chest than us because we don't hearing about it since Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: So we get to the We get to the airport at how Manys before five.
Speaker 4: Our flight was supposed to take off at five point fifty five. We left at two two and got there at three.
Speaker 3: We are there. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: But I've never traveled with two kids before, one being three months old. It just seemed like a hard thing to do. So I was glad that we left early. We go into the lounge, we eat, I feed the baby, We get all teed up, get to the gate, and the pilot.
Speaker 2: The pilot is late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and delay flight coming in not the pilot's fault.
Speaker 1: He's late from Vegas. I'm like, oh my god. And the woman across from me, who lives in Hawaii, she's like.
Speaker 2: I bet he's drunk. Like, don't say that. What do you mean when you think he's drunk? I was terripping. I prayed about a million times.
Speaker 1: And then I thought of Ricky Gervais where he's an atheist and doesn't believe.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, am I praying to anybody?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: I'm up in arms about this? Really very chaotic.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he arrives, We get on the plane. You guys, when I tell you, well, first of all, I was about to pull a Lisa Barlowe.
Speaker 2: I did pull Lisa Barlowe. We walked through the plane.
Speaker 1: I look at everyone in first class, laid back in their seats in a lie flat. And I immediately when we sit down in our seats, because we were in like comfort plus or whatever, right, And I told my mom. If there's ever a version of life Flat on a flight this long, you must get it.
Speaker 4: But Lisa's a budget prices and I said, Uhner, we're going Comfort Plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's all about but you had plenty of leg room. I'm like, it's not about the leg room, it's about the lying downs.
Speaker 4: We were the next like it was ended first class, and then we were right behind them.
Speaker 2: I it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You can't lay down in the first class.
Speaker 2: You can't lay down.
Speaker 3: My back was wrenched.
Speaker 4: Well, look at your check book and you'll be glad you were in Comfort Plus.
Speaker 3: All right, that right there, Lisa, that's where you get the win.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: We got here, but I did pull Lisa barlow I sit down in my seat and I wait for people to pass, and then there's like a lull in people coming on the plane, and I whip my head around and.
Speaker 2: I go, if you ever put us in action again, I'm going to be.
Speaker 4: Pissed and I will lie flat.
Speaker 2: Life flat.
Speaker 3: It was law.
Speaker 4: I will be putting us in depending on how much it is.
Speaker 1: Well. I felt like Lisa Barlowe because she complained about first class, and I just saw a video of her today and the reporter asked, do you regret freaking out about the first class, because absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I mean, she compromised my lifestyle.
Speaker 4: We ever looked at a first class coming from a podunk like dunks.
Speaker 3: She came from Bulk Springs, where you love to go.
Speaker 4: I love, But I'm saying, have you been on one of those flights? Is no first class?
Speaker 2: No, there's literally no first class. You can.
Speaker 3: The first four seats.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a little over an hour, not worth it. But I mean to get to Hawaii it was what four and a half. I mean, let me tell you, I won't even go to New York if I if I'm not in a lie flat. And it's not because I'm bougie. It's because I get nauseated. So if I'm not laying down in sleeping then I.
Speaker 2: Will be sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's fine. Here's the silver lining, not say.
Speaker 4: How I can sleep on a board. So for me, I was very comfortable. This is Lisa, And I'm sorry I called it a po dunk flight.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sosa did not make a peep on that flight, not one. And Ocean was absolutely fantastic. And I noticed the people next to us. When we got on the plane and sat down, we're looking.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, they were dreading, dreading. They immediately put their headphones on.
Speaker 1: Before the TVs could even be turned on, they had headphones ready to go. We get off the plane and he goes, wow, I am so impressed by your kids.
Speaker 2: They didn't make a peep. I was like, nope, I know.
Speaker 1: And then I looked at Sosa and I was like, remember this two more weeks and we're going to act this exact same way. Because I had a conversation with her before we got on the flight. I looked at her while she was on the boom and I said, girl, we're a team here. We're not going to ruin the flight for everybody. It's a long flight. I got your back if you have mine. And she gave me a big smile, and I just knew we were off to the races.
Speaker 2: It was going to be smooth sailing.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no one that hates a baby crying on a plane more than me.
Speaker 2: So more than anybody.
Speaker 4: Oh and we went to the restaurant in Hawaii, and remember the lady that had the two week how old was the baby six weeks old? Yeah, and they had a witching hour for two hours.
Speaker 1: Two hours on the plane ride here, the baby cried for two hours. I was like, oh my gosh, you know that would have been ocean though, Lisa, what did you learn from the flight.
Speaker 2: Didn't you hear a flight attendant say something rad on my brain that you said? You didn't say it to her, but the flight attendants got on the m oh.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, yes, yes, yes. So we we get on the plane, we put our overhead compartment, luggage whatever. And then she gets on the intercomm and says, if it's full above, you close it.
Speaker 3: It's like at Neir, you close it. That's your job, Like no, no.
Speaker 1: So my whole thing is it's like yes when when someone is trying to cut corners when it's their job, Because I look at jobs and think, okay, so like what does your job entail? Right?
Speaker 2: But I can't.
Speaker 1: This is where I get very Larry David, where I'm like, I can't get back my time, right. So if it makes everyone board the plane a little bit faster or no, but here's where the other way, if it's closed and the whole plane hasn't boarded yet, you want to know where the time is going to be wasted open people opening to look in it, thank you, So I think that they should all be opened, and then the steward is and then as weird right, and they I.
Speaker 3: Loved when they walk down and they just shut everything.
Speaker 1: Every single one and they're so good at it.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have a position a bag. It's like tetris. But I thought that that was a very interesting point.
Speaker 3: Was like, I hate flying, and I don't know if everybody flies a lot, but I get yelled at for how I put my bag every time, because now the planes are different. Some are they slide straight. In new ones you tilt right, and every time I tilted sideways, it doesn't tell me anymore. And they're like these lie down flat.
Speaker 2: So a friend of mine, I'm oh, hi, sus is that the baby.
Speaker 3: Baby was crying, So now we have a getment with us because that's how it's looking here in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: But she's probably gonna get hungry, so just bear with me.
Speaker 1: But I had a friend of mine who was showing me an instagram of this really hot guy and I was like, dude, why have you not thought of.
Speaker 2: This person for me before?
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, he lives in Hawaii, and I'm like, I'm going to Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Well he lives like on the North Shore, and I'm like, we're going to the north Sure.
Speaker 1: So we arrive at the airport, we go into the lounge and there he is just sitting there looking fine. But it was crazy to me how even though I have a hard time like trusting dudes or whatever, like energy is such a big thing and I didn't like his energy. Yeah, because Mom was convinced he was going to be my husband just based off of his Instagram yep. I was like, oh, no, you sound insane, really, yes, Mom, When you tell me that he's gonna be my husband and all you've seen is an Instagram photo, it reminds me of Tinsley.
Speaker 2: Mortimer and her mom. Remember when they cry over the eggs. They're not even.
Speaker 1: When we start trying on dresses that will never have it, because then we've gone regards.
Speaker 2: It's still insane.
Speaker 1: Because if you're there, we have truly lost our minds. But you know, I talked about this with you after we concocted, well you concocted in your mind that this perfectly shaped man would be my future husband. That it's gonna be hard for me to find a partner for this.
Speaker 4: Why why would it be hard for you to find a partner. You have your mom living with you and your brother.
Speaker 3: Why would that be hard?
Speaker 1: Well, the reason it's gonna be hard is not because of the family structure. And look, here's all of my bagga, the best kind, you're Louis Vauton. But I was thinking about it and I'm like, Okay, there's one person that I can think of besides my ex, but one person who I gave a shot to, probably when Ocean was a year and a half, and I remember being at Shutters and he had like gone go and I was in it, like I could not believe that I had let my guard down to that point. And I remember not even being able to enjoy Ocean or where we were because of this stupid, freaking guy. And so now I think about dudes, and I'm like, because my mom's like in twenty twenty five, I want you to go out, I want you to start dating. I want you to try and find your person because you deserve that. And I'm like, when my kids are this age, I'm not even going to risk going out and having a dude come in who could potentially make me feel some type of way to where my heart hurts. You've clogged my mind and now I can't enjoy my babies. So it actually worked out that I looked at this guy who Lisa was planning our wedding on the North Shore with on this trip because me going the vibe is off. I'm like, oh my gosh, my gut is working for me, and people are gonna be like, ah, you didn't like him because he liked someone else. But then I look over in the corner and he's like found this girl that he's like getting a little buzzed with, and I'm like, and.
Speaker 2: My gut was right. How does someone find someone at an airport? Is that normal?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You'd have to ask him. I've never done it.
Speaker 2: I walked over.
Speaker 1: He's already cheating on it.
Speaker 3: The hitting on a girl at the airport. What are the odds you live in the same place and long distance reationships.
Speaker 2: The best kind, you're never around.
Speaker 3: Oh good cheating. It is so great. I know.
Speaker 2: Good cheating all right.
Speaker 1: So we've arrived in the North Shore and Eastern decides that he wants to get a scooter scoot scoot, and I told him a million and one times, I don't like scooters. I don't have a good feeling about this. And then my mom expressed it heavily. What's the thing about scoot scoots?
Speaker 3: You guys have a bad feeling about anything. If I get in the ocean, you're gonna have a bad feeling about me getting eaten by Cheryl.
Speaker 4: But I really really had a bad feeling. I really drilled it into did I not.
Speaker 3: Know you did? But it wasn't rain. I was going slow. It was fifteen to twenty miles.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Mom said, I have a bad feeling. I don't want you on the scooter. It's getting dark, it's blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So you didn't go. But the next day, the next day, the next day.
Speaker 3: I went. So I get my scoot. I'm having a blast. I'm going into town. It's a two way or two way way, two.
Speaker 1: Way traffic coming opposite in traffic going where she so.
Speaker 3: In Hawaii, there's a lot of pull offs to the right where you can go to beaches and all of that. Well, the car in front of me pulled off to the right, and started slowing down, so I did the same. He pulled out in front of the lane to parallel park and or like back in, and I swung into oncoming traffic to miss him. And there was oncoming traffic. So the next thing I thought was lay it down, because if I didn't, I was gonna go over the hood. So I laid it down. I scraped up the whole back. Once the like the bars hit it yanked my shoulder out of place. I had to pop it back in by itself. And meanwhile I'm asking everyone else if they're okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's classic Easton though. It's like he just got wrecked on this scooter.
Speaker 3: And it's called Beach Front, Beach House, Beach House.
Speaker 1: It's a very very cute like outdoor restaurant. And Ethan said most of the patio like flew out to the street to make sure he was okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No, it was great, But and then I was just in shock, So I wasn't like just standing around. I like got the scooter up, made sure everything was okay, and then I just like started it and I go all right, I just left.
Speaker 2: But at some point you went into shock and into shock beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went into shock, like while I was driving, and I knew I was in shock when like I couldn't feel the wind on me while driving. That's when I knew I was in shock. Holed over and I laid down on.
Speaker 2: Just like the grass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to catch your breath.
Speaker 3: Just to catch my breath. So then after that, I came home. Lauren, she goes. She yelled my name twice, I guess, and then the third time screamed it and I said what.
Speaker 1: And because I heard the door open, I was like, oh my gosh, someone is here to murder us because he wasn't answering.
Speaker 2: And then when I came out, you looked shook up. Your eyes were just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, y yeah, Well, I was just thinking, like, of every the best scenario happened of laying it down, it was either hitting somebody on coming and going into their windshield or going over the guy's hood and then scraping more So I picked the best of it.
Speaker 4: It's like you and you fall off the horse, you gotta get right back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm gonna get right back.
Speaker 4: You got some major road rash.
Speaker 3: It feels great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, but Easton had even though that was a rough day. Two days later, apparently he.
Speaker 2: Lost his.
Speaker 3: So I crashed so hard. I lost my airphone, my AirPod. Yeah, so I lost my AirPod. So I was driving back and I was like, I am just gonna see it. So I drive. I see the air pod on the ground. It has weathered rain, so I grab it. I'm scootering just holding my AirPod, airing it out. And as I'm doing that, I put it down. And as I put it down, I see silver earring and it goes.
Speaker 2: In my dreadlock and it has diamonds.
Speaker 3: And it's a diamond. It's yours, That's why. And I found that. I my gosh, I could have another day just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: You guys. He was so excited that I looked at him and I was like.
Speaker 3: She goes, are you drinking drinking? But no, I was. I can't tell you because I lost the one earring. Don't know where it went. And I loved this one just because it was moms and it's sentimental to me.
Speaker 4: Now, so ye are the chances of you finding.
Speaker 3: And they're both yours because I bought you the AirPods that you gave me back because you don't lose them. Found your air pod, found your earring. Karma for you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that you found everything, and I appreciate that you got back on the horse or got back on the scoot.
Speaker 2: Yes, scoot scooto, lisaid her driving here.
Speaker 1: So we have a mini We have a minivan, and I'm actually so the day has come where I have to give up the rain drover and I have to give up the rain drover because it is a nightmare with two children.
Speaker 3: You don't even have a third row, and then the middle.
Speaker 1: Seat is absolutely teeny tiny, and I just felt like it was time to get a mom car.
Speaker 3: Well, we were sick of taking two cars to dinner as a family.
Speaker 1: Well we would take too, and then if we had guests come into town, we were taking three.
Speaker 2: Right, we were mobbing.
Speaker 1: Deep all right, such a waste of gas and energy. And so I've been looking at mom cars and I purchased one.
Speaker 2: I got what did I get?
Speaker 4: A terrifying Denali for me. I can't even know the thing is.
Speaker 3: Breaking massive, they don't. So the only person that drives in this family is the one speaking right me, okay, here and there.
Speaker 4: That's the no shows.
Speaker 3: You're a very good but I am not excited to whip this tank.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wait until all of Los Angeles is quiet, and then I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm running from six a m. To eight am and then from eight pm to ten pm.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm very excited for the Denali.
Speaker 1: It's got like the Captain's chairs, It's got the TVs in the headress, it's got Wi Fi in it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great third row, which is game changer.
Speaker 1: But we get to Hawaii and I decide that we're going to get a minivan because it's just that seems easy, and I am obsessed with this freaking mini van.
Speaker 3: Shout out, Chrysler, what.
Speaker 2: Kind of pacifica?
Speaker 3: PACIFICA. I'm not kidding you. Once you're in the van, you forget you're in it. No, And it is spacious.
Speaker 1: Well, and we can park wherever because I don't have to worry about door doors.
Speaker 3: And the other great thing is, oh, this is such a dad thing. I can shut the doors by two buttons Easton, Can you shut the door? Better? Believe it?
Speaker 2: By the way, though, You're gonna be a phenomenal dad.
Speaker 1: But all right, So I'm living for the Chrysler PACIFICA and I tell mom, I'm like rent the minivan in Hawaii because last year she booked too small of a car and we all packed like we were going to Paris Fashion Week.
Speaker 3: He got us a Malibu the first that was the first car upgrade from that the first time, right, gotta yeah sedan.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what she was thinking.
Speaker 1: But this year we've got the two kids and we also like, I packed in a backpack and I'm so proud of myself. I brought the least amount of luggage out of everybody.
Speaker 3: No, you really did, Yeah you did. I think I'm on your train. The only reason why I had an extra bag was because of all the material I had to.
Speaker 2: Oh, the podcast equipment.
Speaker 1: Will you next year only need to packing because you've literally been wearing it every Well same with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm bringing this and then I'll buy another one when I get here, and then I'm three swimsuits. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Lisa calls to get I think it was insurance or something on the mini van and the woman's like, well, we don't cover vans, and my mom's like, what do you mean you don't cover vans, and they're like, you know, we don't cover things that have what was it like.
Speaker 4: Three duel wheels?
Speaker 2: Anything for moving?
Speaker 3: Mom goes, can we get a van? And that's when she goes, we don't cover anything, and she goes, well, like a move a mini van? Said, The girl goes, well, we don't really ensure moving vans. She thought we were just flying a Hawaii to just rent a moving van. Could you imagine.
Speaker 2: Lisa driving a moving van?
Speaker 3: No, I backed into her own car.
Speaker 2: She should have seen her. You guys, driving the minivan. It jars, Okay, it jars.
Speaker 1: You to a stop the one time, the one time that our tiny little street that we stay.
Speaker 2: On as anything.
Speaker 3: FYI, I'm not driving and I'm not in the car. This is why it's happening.
Speaker 2: And I'm hungry as fuck.
Speaker 1: So I'm like thrilled that she's driving, because this would have pissed me off rather than made me laugh hysterically. Tons of people are today surfboards, people pushing their children, and she they're waiting for her to back up, and there's not a lot of room between the driveway and like the end of the street, right, and then it's just like trees and plants. She backs up, jars, pulls back in, does it again, Jars does forward. Every single person is laughing hysterically. Okay, And it didn't end there because she did it.
Speaker 2: She did it three more.
Speaker 1: Times, a total of five pull ins, pull outs, and jars.
Speaker 3: She knows there's a steering wheel. You can turn right, Lisa, we're missing you out here, Damn.
Speaker 1: I always try to plan the pot around Sosa's nap time, but she's still a little off schedule with the time change. Yeah, and like, I just think the podcast does better when I'm on it. Otherwise I would have left the two of you to do it. Who knows, maybe people will disagree for you, people would say we want Lisa instead.
Speaker 3: If they.
Speaker 2: No, this has been the funnest.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something about our trips to Hawaii. The thing that's great about it is we wake up and there is arrow pressure.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about this as a family before. We are chillers.
Speaker 1: We are not the type of people to sit there and be like, Sunday, we're going out on a boat Sunday.
Speaker 2: Do I say Sunday? Ready?
Speaker 3: You said Sunday.
Speaker 1: But we can say you're going out on Sunday. We're gonna go uh start at Saturday.
Speaker 2: Monday, we're gonna do Sharks Cup. Like, we're just not planners. We wake up and we see how we feel.
Speaker 3: I may plan that on Monday. If it's Friday, I may plan something on Monday that sounds so great that I would do on Friday. But when Monday rolls around, I don't want to do that anymore. So I don't make plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just not planners.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what I love about this trip, and this instead of ten days, we extended to two full weeks. Next year, I'm going to I think I could try to do a month. I want to do at least three weeks next year. And the reason for that is it flies by, and there's so many days that there are times where we just wake up, we chill around this house, and then we go out and just lay on the beach. And there's so many little funny moments that happen, like Ocean finding a gecko for the first time, or Lisa's sitting on this couch and Ocean puts her hand on her leg and.
Speaker 2: Says, your your leg feels like cac so shop. So Nick and Joe are here again.
Speaker 1: We were hanging out with them last year and Nick bought Ocean and So said, these pink sweat outfits that say Spice Girls on it.
Speaker 2: So Ocean didn't know who.
Speaker 1: The Spice Girls were. I show her Spice Girls. She's now obsessed. I'm going to post a video of her doing the stop right now. Yeah, it is absolutely adorable. The fact that my child now knows who the Spice Girls are. She knows about TLC. She will watch No Scrubs on YouTube and say to Easton, that's left eye and she died.
Speaker 3: Left eye died.
Speaker 2: And it's so sad.
Speaker 3: She was so cool and point and she not her nor her.
Speaker 2: Left eye I know.
Speaker 1: And the other day she was sitting here and we were watching because that's her favorite song right now is No Scrubs. She goes, Chili pops on the screen and she goes, mom, I don't look like her, and I I was like, my child's getting I didn't think that it would be so young that my child would know that Gigi's not supposed to have prickly legs, that Ocean is looking at girls and wanting to like look like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yep.
Speaker 1: She watches the Spice Girls, and she knows exactly which one she wants to be. She does the whole dance. It's crazy how fast time goes. And I think that's another reason why I'm like two weeks is not long enough, Like we need to extend to create more memories. You want to know what else this trip has brought, which I've never done before, is so Ocean is a nightmare when she doesn't have a nap, which I think a lot of parents can relate to.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know the days where your child got enough sleep.
Speaker 1: And Ocean naps at school, and she's like a different child on those days. She it's really hard for me to get her down for naps. So on this day, she was not kind and we were going into town and she had been screaming, I hate you, and she had been screaming to go away, and I just like I had to put my foot down at some point. It's the first time that I've really actually stuck to my guns. And she wanted an ice cream with the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Well, like we talked about you, there has to be the visual as well. Well.
Speaker 2: I gave her the visual.
Speaker 1: We all got icys, and of course we shared with her, but she was like sitting at the menu and she was so excited. But I had told her, Oh my god, don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna cry. No, I felt so.
Speaker 3: I felt so because you're a great mom. And guess what, being a great mom comes with discipline. And it sucks that you had to do that, but you either create this monster that you give everything to. You have to be a mother and tell your child. Now, that's the hardest thing about being a mother is saying no to your child. It really is. So what you had to do. A lot of moms have to do a lot of There are so many moms that I now know that that will discipline their child, go into their room and ball because they did not want to. Yeah, so that was God every mom, And that's the thing. You have to do it with your child. If you don't, we're gonna have just a whole bunch of undisciplined children and it's going to be a nightmare. So you have to discipline. And as bad as it is, you did very well. You disciplined her. You let her know why she wasn't getting ice cream while we were eating. You let her know why, and then she was acting well and then she deserves some bites, so then she got some. But that was a visual.
Speaker 1: She's been very good and I told her, I said, you have to take a nap today, and she's had one in the past two days. And she says, I don't want to, and I say, Ocean, when you don't get a nap, you're not very kind. So I want you to go lay in our bed and just like just have quiet time at least, and then she knocks out. She wakes up and tells me, Mom, I had a nap today. That's why I'm going to be so kind.
Speaker 2: So she does know.
Speaker 1: But I think it's that piled on with the post about the teeth and people like like people wrote about me as like a parent, and like the message that I send in here's the thing, you guys, can people can say or write about whatever they want when it comes to like me as a person. But I think anyone with kids, when you start commenting or putting judgment on mine someone else's, it's it's like very disorienting. And then people talking about because I refer to so says my dream baby, and people even taking that as far as to say in the comments section that like how would how would you feel being ocean and saying things like that, and I'm like, yeah, why is everyone making a thing out of nothing? Like ocean is is such my golden.
Speaker 3: Child kids, I was gonna say, you can't just call them both your golden children. And one is the golden child, one is your dream baby, they're both. You want both. You want a great dream and we all want some goal.
Speaker 1: And she's my golden child because of number one what we experience. But she's like the kid who made me a mom. She's so freaking spicy and so freaking sweet all at the same time.
Speaker 3: Like I'm gonna interrupt you because I feel like a lot of people don't see it because it's not on film, but I see it, and I know Gigi does. When you see ocean, Yes, when you see Sosa, you have a light in your eye. Yeah, but there is times where I see you look at ocean and there's no other light that I've seen you like that bright and you can tell but ocean is very special to you. And I don't know what people see or think, but I witness waking up in the morning with everyone and I see her walking out, and I see you and the way you look, and you never look like that in any other situation. And I know that that is because of your golden child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like Sosa is the dream baby because she didn't. She wasn't the product of just like two people falling in love and pro creating or a one night stand. It was like she was the dream baby because I thought so hard on her and thought, how am I going to make this happen? I really want a baby on my own, but how do I like, how do I do it?
Speaker 3: And then without a man's right?
Speaker 1: So when she arrived and she's healthy and happy and this structure that I've created, it's like wow, Like I I had dreams about this moment of expanding my family by myself, and we did it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how we got taken. Oh, we got taken on that term because I had a discipline ocean. And then like all the comments I'm like, feel like not a good parent.
Speaker 3: No, you're an amazing parent. And to every other mom out there that feels the same, You're all doing well. There's no manual. Every kid comes different. You just swing the bat and no, hopefully ye make some contact and you're doing well in this little game called life.
Speaker 1: No, I know, And it's like important because it's like the other day or yesterday we went to Shark's Cove, and there's so many things that I want Ocean to experience because I'm like, I want her to have the best time. I want her to talk about this forever. And honestly, it's the tiniest of things, her going into the water and like looking at the fish. The biggest thing she remembered was getting out of the water and a crab, a tiny little black.
Speaker 2: Crab like ran across the rock.
Speaker 1: It's the tiniest things that they remember. And I feel like so much pressure on ourselves as parents in general, and like, I hope she's gonna remember coming to Hawaii when she gets older.
Speaker 2: She is starting to have memories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think back on a lot of things that mom and Dad used to talk to us about, like trips when we were young. I don't remember any of those extravagant trips. I remember like bits and pieces of like being nowhere yes with family, and I'm like, I remember that that was great. It's like put pressure, like you said to do these extravagant things for hope and hope that your kid remembers it. And it's like just you being a family. There's going to be moments that your kid is going to remember. And that's all you gotta do is just be a family and do the things around. Your kids are gonna get amazing experiences being with family. Yeah, you don't have to do jet skiing, you don't have to go crazy, go lay on a beach with some pineapple and hang because that's the other thing I remember more of, like the beach with dad just sipping his vodka lemonades when cheese dog. But like we would go to Disneyland, think of that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember ever.
Speaker 3: Going to Disneyland exactly. Do you want to know? The one thing the rust in that car ride. That is the only thing I don't remember Disneyland. I remember almost getting there. That's it. But that's the experience. Don't put your just live life. Your kids are going to get experiences just through family.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was so beautifully set Easton.
Speaker 3: So I just don't put pressure. I hate when families put pressure. You're doing it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: Well that's I think.
Speaker 1: What's so annoying is I feel like in my life there are so many things that I look at and I go, damn it, I wish I would have done that differently, I wish I were better at this. And then when I think about myself as a mom, of course there are moments where I'm like, ugh, I was too hard on Ocean today, or I could have held so some more, I feel like I didn't hold her enough to day, Like, there are moments, but I feel like when I look at the overall picture of like being a parent, I'm like, it's the one place that I can confidently say, like, I'm doing pretty much now.
Speaker 3: You do your kids go to sleep and with teeth brushed and love? Yes, do they wake up and have breakfast? You're doing fucking great.
Speaker 1: Ocean's big thing right now, you guys, is to tell everyone that her mom doesn't feed her. Who does Ocean, Cause you get an f because you did not feed me today?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, no, Ocean, just didn't you just chose to you? I did feed you.
Speaker 1: Your only thinking about when you came out of your room for the seventeenth time at eleven o'clock and wanted a marshmallow, And I told you, no, you're not remembering the full dinner that I gave you at a decent hour. And I've now been trying to put you to bed for the past four hours, and all she can remember there, Oh, here she comes.
Speaker 3: Oh, here comes brickflet boom, Ocean.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about you and the Spice girls.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite? What Carr?
Speaker 2: I don't think she knows the name yet, she can only point them out that later. Who's your favorite of TLC? Do you have a favorite of TLC? So there?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of areas, but this, this trip to Hawaii again is one of the most amazing.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We're going to extend our trip next year. And it took as much as I love doing the pot, it did take a lot for me to get on this mic right now because all I want to do is go jump in the same But I.
Speaker 3: Do love doing it here because I feel like everybody gets to come on vacation with us.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm so happy to have you and I'm gonna take you guys with me throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Ocean.
Speaker 3: Do you want to tell them and who you're gonna go and see? Today.
Speaker 2: What did you see yesterday? My love? Come tell everybody.
Speaker 4: At first three sea turnels.
Speaker 1: Three sea turtles, Oh my gosh, and what are and what are you gonna do today? See Summer That's exactly right, We're gonna go see Summer Moon today.
Speaker 2: You guys, I wanna You're welcome. I love you so much.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you guys for tuning in to another episode of the Give Them La La podcast from Hawaii. I'm taking you all with me today and I'm gonna catch you guys on Monday for the bonus, and then again.
Speaker 2: Next week on Wednesday. You can see this video.
Speaker 1: It drops Friday on nine am Pacific time. I love you guys, have a the great rest of the week. BA