Speaker 1: This is The Eds with Eddie Judge and Edwin ado Jab. All right, welcome to another podcast of The Eds. My name is Eddie Judge my.
Speaker 2: Co host, and my name is Edwin Arijabe.
Speaker 1: And we have a special guest today that shares a same first name as I, Eddie Osefo. Eddie Ossefo is married to the Real Housewives of Potomac Star since twenty eleven and they share three kids. Wendy joined the Bravo Universe in twenty twenty and is a current cast member of the show. I hear you, guys are just starting the film this next season.
Speaker 3: Just kicking off. Yep.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Well, welcome Eddie. We're really excited to get to know you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, guys. It's a pleasure to be in a room for the Eddies, you know. So yeah, the universe has a line properly, so I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: So let's get to know you, Eddie. There's so many things I want to ask you. There's so many things we have in common too. The first and foremost is we're on a housewife show together. Essentially, tell us a little bit about yourself. Where did you grow up, Bettie?
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: So a little background on me. I grew up in Baltimore, Maryland. I have four siblings. I went to school locally, University of Maryland College Park, computer Engineering. Actually I met my wife while we were in high school. We were just friends. Her family had moved to the area. So I've known her actually since we were about seventeen years old. But we we went away to college, remain friends, stayed in touch, but then upon graduating from college, she went off the temple. I stayed local at University of Maryland College Park. We got together after we graduated, and so that's kind of where our love story began in the DC metro area together getting married in twenty eleven. Yeah, and that's kind of like where our love story began.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds great. Tell us a little bit about what it was like growing up as a kid, you know, those are the details that are left out when you know, we really get to know you.
Speaker 4: Do you have siblings, Yeah, so I have four siblings. I'm the second oldest. I have an older sister who was two years older, a younger brother two years younger than me, and then a sister who was two years.
Speaker 3: Younger than him.
Speaker 4: And then we have our junior youngest sister, who is four years younger than my youngest sister, So we're all two years apart except for my youngest sister. And so yeah, just growing up in Maryland, you know, we're the My parents were immigrant parents from Nigeria. They came here, you know, raised us as best they could. A lot of my siblings. You know, they use education as a tool to advance in life, and so that's why they placed the heavy emphasis on education. So you know, in our household, it was either you're going to be a doctor, lawyer, or an engineer, and so it kind of got the best of all worlds.
Speaker 3: And my older sisters a doctor. I'm a lawyer.
Speaker 4: My younger brother is a computer engineer, and then my two younger sisters are doctor. So they kind of like really pushed education in our household, and we kind of had to follow through otherwise we'd be failures if we didn't follow through on that ask for my parents. But I mean it was it was a good It was a good child. You know, I had fun. I had a lot of fun growing up. I played a lot of sports, you know, I was I would say, I'm a smart jock. You know, because I played you know, football, basketball, baseball, but also you know, excelled in the classroom. So I wasn't the jock jock, but you know, I try to balance it. Uh popular kid. A lot of kids, you know were friends with me. You know, I smiled a lot growing up, so it was easy to attract friends and uh you know, build that community.
Speaker 3: So it was it was good.
Speaker 4: It was good growing up, you know, in our neighborhood.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the you know, atypical American dream, immigrant parents coming here and then raising amazing children and becoming really good citizens and providing you know, value to the American dream.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Notice you are you have two degrees, you're a lawyer, and you do something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's funny because I my undergrad was in engineering, computer engineering, but then I went to law school, so I got my jd. Then it was a dual program, so I got my jd NBA. But then I went back to law school to get an LLM. So I got an LLM focused in state and local tax and that's kind of where I began my career in the state and local tax practice. So I've done that for probably the past thirteen fourteen years, but then most recently I kind of pivoted to it's just funny because you don't know what Housewives will do to you until Housewives does something to you.
Speaker 3: But it was like, I forget what season it was.
Speaker 4: But one of the women on the show were coining me Happy Edti because I smiled at her.
Speaker 3: So she took it as like a reference that I tried to.
Speaker 4: Hit on her and then I was smiling and the name kind of, you know, took a life zone and went viral online. People were like, oh, this this woman is crazy, like so now you can't smile at someone otherwise you're hitting on them and trying to be nefarious in your actions. And so, you know, I took that name that was Happy Eddi. And Maryland went legal in terms of recreational use for marijuana. So I started a cannabis brand in twenty twenty three, and I launched the cannabis brand in Maryland. It's been doing really well. Took the name Happy Edi ran with it. I have a lot of products in the market and most recently, you know, we're expanding into the New Jersey market and the Missouri market.
Speaker 3: So I kind of turned.
Speaker 4: Those lemons that happened as a result of housewives and turned it into lemonade and kind of made you know, the entrepreneurial business push.
Speaker 2: Well, I love the name Happy Eddie. I think you know, I tell my sales guys all the time, even people that think they're now sells people. I'm like, if you could just smile when you speak, you just automatically have this charisma that comes out where people, at the end of the day, people like you and trust you, they're going to want to do business with you, and you'd be you'd be amazed what a smile can do. And from the get go, from even though I didn't know you prior to you coming on the show, immediately when you came in, you just had this big old smile on your face, and I'm like, man, I like this guy. I can't wait to interview them. And but anyway, so I love the name and how you're an all around type of guy. You mentioned you know you were a smart you know jock, and you know you played a lot of sports. How do you contribute you know, your success in business as an entrepreneur, but also in school. How did sports sort of get you ready for that.
Speaker 4: I think sports is actually a key component of any kind of I guess thing you want to do in life, because it teaches you when you face adversity, when you lose, you can come back and have a good game, you know, if you will, you can learn from your mistakes and then apply to them on your next.
Speaker 3: Your next project.
Speaker 4: And I think in business, you know you're gonna hit pitfalls, you're gonna hit obstacles, you're gonna hit hurdles, and it's all about how you react to those hurdles.
Speaker 3: It's not about how you dwelling the.
Speaker 4: Mistakes that you made, but about how you take that as a learning lesson and you apply it to your next you know, project. And I think I've used that in sports, just you know, you're not gonna win every game, so just losing, what do I do wrong? Okay, what I do wrong, let's fix it for the next game. And so applying that in the business world, it's just like a it was kind of you know, you didn't really have to think about it, you just have to do it. And I think that's what's been very advantageous and helpful in the business run, because you're able to just apply your learnings and all right, I'm not going to go with this type of vendor because I know what happened last time. Let's do this due diligence first thing. You know, things like that you apply going forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then with the obviously very smart you got all these degrees, and typically some people that go that route get stuck working in the corporate world. What finally made you say, you know what, I'm gonna try this entrepreneur thing.
Speaker 4: It's funny because you know, I thought, you know, in my small world, I thought, you know, the corporate ladder was the way to go. That was the you know, you just work your way up the corporate ladder. You'll find happiness once you get to the top. And then once you get to the top, you really realize, like, no, it's just more ladders to climb, you know what I mean, It's not really like you're going to get to the top. And so I think at that point, you know, social media kind of took a life of its own, and you start seeing people really living life and really enjoying life, and they weren't necessarily doing the traditional jobs and careers that you would imagine. I kind of I think that kind of opened my eyes to what else is out there? You know, can you could apply you know, I can go solo practitioner and you know, be an attorney. But there's also other entrepreneurial pursuits that you could do. And I kind of took that button.
Speaker 3: I ran with them.
Speaker 4: I said, Okay, what else can I do in the realm of entrepreneurship that I like to do that I could achieve, you know, leverage my you know, learnings, and leverage my career and what I've done and really succeed in that. And I think that, you know, in the cannabis industry. I never thought I would be in the cannibisry. I sports and foremost. It just kind of like it was an opportunity that I saw opening and I kind of ran with it. But I think I was able to leverage that legal background and apply it to the cannabis industry.
Speaker 2: I'm curious what your parents said, right, you're either a doctor, engineer, or lawyer, and here you are saying I'm gonna go sell cannabis. How did they take it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, like I said, they were immigrant parents, so they really no matter how much you frame it, the conversation it's still you're selling weed. You know, you're selling weed, and people were rocked up for selling weed. You know, I don't know what you're talking about. So I think it's it's it's.
Speaker 3: A work in progress.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of massaging that goes on, but it's really I think the more and more they see it in the public's realm, the more and more they understand that it's legal. It's a business, is an industry. It's a growing industry. It's like pharmaceutical drugs. You know, it's like an industry within the society that is growing, and it's that taking a life of the sowing. And so I think the more and more they see it as a legal business, the more they're like, Okay, he's just doing business and that's just part of the business that he's doing.
Speaker 3: So I think maybe more accepting of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, as long as we don't use our own.
Speaker 4: Supply, there you go, you know, you refuse it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask, I forgot to task earlier. Are you still practicing law part time at all? Or have you given that up?
Speaker 4: So I'm still legally licensed the practice law, but I've done more consulting. I call it more consulting because I'm able to manage my schedule more and take on clients as I have capacity to do that, And so I would say that right now, and I'm really trying to put four forced effort into the entrepreneurship of the cannabis brand and growing that brand as much as I can and getting into a position where it's self sufficient. But then you know, I'm in a position to now have the freedom to do what I want to do, but definitely don't want to lose that legal training on that legal side, but it does take time, and so you can't kind of serve all masters, so you kind of got to pick and choose what you do with your time.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that legal mind has helped you and a lot of the decisions you're making for your new venture.
Speaker 2: How did you and your wife reconnect?
Speaker 4: By the way, So it's funny because we so we went away to school, but we always stayed in touch through you know, instant messenger, So we stayed in touch.
Speaker 3: And actually I joined.
Speaker 4: Well, she joined her sorority first, and so then I was joining a fraternity in Maryland, and I invited her to our introduction show and I said, hey, you should come down. You know, your your friends, your sorority sisters will be here, you should come. And so she ended up not making it to that show, but she ended up making it to other events that I had from my fraternity.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of like.
Speaker 4: Where we I wouldn't say we fell apart, but we were. You know, we're in different school, so we have our own group of friends, but we kind of reconnected when she came to my fraternities events and then you know, saw that we shared common allity, share carmon friends, and then we kind of got back together at friendship wise, and then afterwards, you know, we kind of tried the romantic, you know journey and then here we are today.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Who's got more degrees? You or your wife?
Speaker 4: You know, that's a great question if you asked the audience. You know, because she her first season, she was four degrees Wendy. For degrees, doctor Wendy. We have the same four degrees when you do the math, So it's funny, but she was missed four degrees Wendy.
Speaker 2: Now, was that coincidence that if she didn't have the degrees, do you think you would have married? Or was that like a part of it, Or was that like a you know, like an I like a woman that's got an education, that's independent. Did that play into her being the one? Or did it really not matter if she could have just not any degrees and you still would have gone with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think she could have not had any degrees. I still probably would have won her. I like an ambitious, intelligent woman, but I don't really like honestly, until she started, she said on the show that season, I don't realize she had that many degrees, Like, I mean, we were just like you know, serial school, you know, attendees.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a very interesting question edwin because if I was to put myself in that situation, I'd say I'd need a woman that has to be smart in order to have a conversation after you know, having sex, you know, because that's the number one thing, you know, us men think about, and then after that, what do you do. I'm really happy for you guys that you found each other. And I understand you have three children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so we have a twelve year old boy, ten year old boy, and a five year old girl who runs the house.
Speaker 1: Oh and she's got two older brothers and she runs a house, and she.
Speaker 3: Runs the house. It's like something that would tell her.
Speaker 1: Are you guys gonna instill the same motto of education to be a doctor, lawyer, or engineer?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think so, because I mean, we know better, so we should definitely do better. We know that there's more out there. You got to pursue happiness. It's not all about going to school. And yeah, it may not be what your happiness is. You know, you could be the worst student, but if your parents are pushing school on, you think that's the only way. And so I think that we definitely want to be more open minded, give them more of a sense of the opportunities out in the world. You know, you can be an entrepreneur, you could be you know, you could go to school, you could be a doctor if you want.
Speaker 3: You could be whatever you want to be.
Speaker 4: But you have to find out what your passion is and fulfill that and chase that passion, that dream. So I think that's something that I didn't get grown up. But I think that we're definitely to instilling our kids that you know, follow your dream, follow your passions, and it will lead to work that doesn't feel like work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always tell our kids, like, you can do whatever you want. Sometimes they're not doing anything, and it's frustrating. But as long as they have a foundation of some sort of education, some sort of subject, they can go left or right. I've known a lot of people who've had, you know, an education in botany and opened up restaurants, and even lawyers who got their degree and ended up practicing or quitting the practice of law and doing something in business in general. So I think we are if we see the opportunity, we can do anything we want. But if you get stuck in that, you know, same regimen, like I have an engineering degree, that's all I'm going to do. That's where I think eventually you wake up, you know, forty fifty years later and you realize I could have done so much more.
Speaker 2: Exactly, are the kids more into sports right now? Are they more into school right now?
Speaker 3: They are more Well.
Speaker 4: It's funny because if they don't do well in school, they can't play sports. But they actually do well in sports, which is I'm living vicariously through because you know, they enjoy football, basketball, My daughter is into dance and gymnastics. Uh, and so they enjoy sports, but they also do well in school, which I'm happy about. So I'm trying to push sports, you know, I'm trying to really push sports. But they're not you know, they're kind of way and they're kind of wanting to play video games.
Speaker 3: War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're in that age video sports games.
Speaker 3: That's true. NBA two K and Maddie. I'm like, that's not the real thing. Go out and such bread.
Speaker 1: Although you know, I wouldn't knock it too much because it's a big world of online gaming. I don't know how familiar you are with it. I had an entrepreneur friend of mine who was part of that world in our EO group, and he introduced me to that. And it's a huge, huge, It's almost bigger than our real sports game worlds, the e sports, like the video game sports. Are you guys familiar with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh it's huge. It's enormous. It's its own world and it's worldwide.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think anything that makes you compete is good because I haven't met a successful person that's not competitive. Like, if you're not competitive, you're not going to go past your own capacity, you know. So it's why I asked about sports. That's what sports taught me is that you know, to be competitive and if you work hard enough, even though you might not start off on the you know at the top, you can you can very well get there if you if you have the hard work ethic and and you're just consistent.
Speaker 1: But the other thing that sports teaches you is you win some and you lose some. I think that was Eddie's point earlier. You know, that's that's a that's a really good lesson. I think it helps with any level of success at any level of life, from relationships to friendships to business. You know, you you're going to lose some and you're gonna have to get back up and try it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, failure is the best teacher, It really is.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So Eddie, when you first heard about the Housewives, did you know about the show? And I guess that's the first part And second were you Was it an automatic yes? Or do you like have to marinate on it that for a bed?
Speaker 4: You know, I feel like I heard about the Housewives, but I to me it was one of those things where you could turn it on, turn it off. I wasn't really invested in the Housewives so kind of when the opportunity presented itself. My wife brought the opportunity, I'm like, oh, you should do it. You know, Yolo, you only live once, you know, why not. I wasn't thinking about what it takes to be on the show. I was just thinking about, Wow, you get to be on TV. You get to go to fancy events and have fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that someone can really just say whatever the hell they want to say on national TV.
Speaker 3: That's it. But yeah, I just.
Speaker 4: Thought it was an opportunity, and I thought it was a great opportunity to leverage a platform to go and continue to pursue your dreams. And I didn't think about everything that it entails. And I think over I think this is our six year. I've kind of gotten to a sweet spot where I understand, like, you know, there's no reward without risk. You got to go through the fire to get to the green pasture. And so anytime I have to talk my wife off the ledge a lot because she's yeah, scorching earth and blow the whole establishment up, and I'm like, hey, it's a show. You know, everyone's doing their job, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you feel like after five years, do you think you finally have the hang of it. I saw this clip of you being on the what do you call it, what's the season finale thing called reim the reunion, and I was and I honestly thought, man, that's ballsy. I would never go on to reunion. They freaking paid me because it's there's so much drama that happens, and you were so calm, you were just man. It was like you were made for it. And that's like a hot seed of all hot seeds. So yeah, what was that experience?
Speaker 4: Like, you know, it's good when you're not actually in the hot seat, meaning it's not my drama that's being talked about, but it's still you know, these women they're in a different level, different league, and so I can't keep up. And so I really I don't try to keep up like I try to, you know, simple do my time and then roll out because they eat you out and spit you out if you try to get involved in the women drama. You know, so I try to, you know, I really just try to stay out the way. I really try to be pleasant, don't get into drama, give advice, and then go, you know, and go go, go to my separate corner because you.
Speaker 3: Can really get caught up in the women's drama.
Speaker 4: And then now in this day and age, you have not just what you film, but you have social media, you have the blogs, you have the bloggers, you have all these different people weighing in with opinions, and it's like, you know, you lived it, it's your truth, but everyone has their opinion, and people want to believe lies or believe untruths more than they want to believe the truth. So you got to really keep everything in perspective when you're on these shows.
Speaker 1: It definitely has evolved tremendously from the beginning, where I remember they used to have a rule where the women could not even talk outside of filming. They couldn't, you know, have a conversation, They couldn't go to lunch, they couldn't go not that they would, but it was really strict about not making it as or not conversing about what's going on unless the cameras were there. And then as social media came to light and everybody's posting pictures and everything, and then blogging came to light just like the real world, right like even in business. What I'd noticed growing up and wrapping my head around the big companies that promote their product is better than b product, right, and they're saying all these horrible things. It happens in politics. You know, one politician putting out this ugly story about another politician sleeping with a dog or something like that. You know, just can you do that? Why are you doing that? It just seems so dirty, And that's how i'd kind of seen the show evolved in to get really dirty. What has been some of the things that negative things that you've experienced on the show personally?
Speaker 4: I remember one year I think it was probably the second year, maybe sixth season, where there was a rumor that was totally made up by the blogs about an extra marital affair about having a baby about.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was the extent that maybe there was even more, don't I don't.
Speaker 3: Even recall, but it was.
Speaker 4: All lies, yeah, And it was all lies that started in the blogs because I think it was one of those things to get attention, to get clicks. And then because it's in the blogs, you know, the women are the women, and they do what they do, so they bring it on the platform. So now it's on the platform, So now the world sees it, and so you kind of relive it over and over again because you film it and then it now it runs in it and it airs. And so that was probably the toughest season because like, wait, so they really can say whatever they want to say. Until this day, no one circles back and says, you know what, that was a lie or that was untrue. They just we just move on. But you know, the articles and the footage it still lasts forever. And just having to live through that and just knowing that, you know, I wasn't one of those people that went on social media to try to campaign for, you know, the validity of what I'm saying. I just say, hey, you guys are gonna believe what you want to believe. I know what the truth is, and I'm gonna proceed with the truth. But it could have I could have taken that route, and then I would have just.
Speaker 3: Been on every website, every blog.
Speaker 4: Saying no, this is untrue, this is untrue. And I didn't choose that path. But it's really it can go it depends on how you take it.
Speaker 3: It can really go back, you know, bad for you.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I remember at that time, I think HR had called me into a meeting to talk about, well, if you know, because I was in a position of superiority, is there someone who you've been with at the firm, because we would need to know that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, going forward.
Speaker 4: And it's like, wow, oh this is all There is a woman who just made this stuff up. It's totally lies and fabricated. But I had to have that conversation. Wow, they don't know that when they're doing this online and you know, on TV, but this is real life. It's not just reality TV. It's really real life. So having to deal with that, that was probably the toughest year that year.
Speaker 1: I think for me, it's really just been two things that they've been trying to, you know, push on us. And I'm as confident as you eddywhere you know, if you want to believe the live, you believe the live. If the worst thing you can say is that I'm gay in my marriage as a sham, or that my wife and I are getting divorced, If that's the worst thing you can say, I got no reason to go out and defend it. But if you're calling me a criminal and I'm getting investigated by the FBI, or I you know, I hit and run and a dui, or I do something really bad and illegal. Those are the people that are going on. They're trying to defend themselves like, no, it didn't it happened this way right, right, right.
Speaker 2: So guilty, it's so obvious, right, Yeah, Eddie, I loved what you said earlier in regards to just the girls being at another level. I often tell people like, you don't understand how witty you have to be to be on this show, Like how quick the girls are, Like if you try to get into it, they will eat you alive.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Is there a person on the show that you're like, Man, I don't want to mess with that one other than your wife of course, right, other.
Speaker 4: Than my wife because I got to mess with her on a daily basis, you know, Like I said, I mean, they're all it's weird because I think I pride myself on being quick and being quick on my feet, but these women, like they will wrap you up in your words and you're like, wait, what was I trying to say? You just want to exit the conversation quickly, so I wouldn't. There's not one that I would want to talk, you know with, or have a verbal dispute with because they all have it and I don't you know, I don't want to test it. I've seen it in action and I'm like, man, okay, I've actually seen guys try to interact with the one of the ladies and I'm like, it's not gonna end well for you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to whoever does the casting, right, It's like they know what they're doing because these girls are just quick. Man, I'm amazed. And you know a lot of times people think of like, well, what do they do? They're just going on the show and talking like they are very smart.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, if you're not quick, you're not gonna last long. They're gonna eat you alive, a woman, as a new wife, as anything. Yeah, you're not gonna last very long.
Speaker 1: Now, a real serious question, and I'm sure the viewers will want to hear the truth and honest answer. And that's have you and your wife ever like had fights stupid fights over what happened on the show or what's going on on the show, And you're like, what the hell are we fighting about?
Speaker 4: Yes, short answer, yes, And it's it happened a lot in the beginning as well, because it's like you know, it's reality TV, but then you have your own reality and it's like I maybe subconsciously I would say something that maybe happen online or happened one of the women called her on the show, and I'll say it at home and she's like, see, you're using the show against me, and I'm like, I didn't even realize it. It's just you know, still a word, but I didn't realize it. But it's like those type of things are triggers when she's going through, you know, filming the show or just not seeing aya eye on. Okay, there's a dispute on the show, and I'm giving you my honest opinion, and you don't like minest opinion because you know, you feel like I'm signing with someone else.
Speaker 3: Like disputes about the show.
Speaker 4: They happened in the beginning, and I had to just realize, like, Okay, give my wife some time to decompress from filming. Don't ask her about filming, don't ask her about the show, you know, ask her about how hard they went, and then try not to get too invested in this show because inevitably, you know, we end up being the sounding board when they come back from you know, these cast events or filming or what have you, we end up being the sounding board or the voice of reasoning, the con voice. And so I think that, you know, we have gotten vice to beginning. We haven't gotten into them lately because it's really like, oh okay, oh that's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh wow wow, yeah, yeah, you kind of figured out, you know, like it's just a TV show. And as long as they don't do or say anything that will really hurt our career or our livelihood, I think it's just a TV show. But when they start really affecting the other things that are important, like even your relationship with your kids or business partners or whatnot, I don't really see that happening. Because my my truth is as long as I'm not doing anything illegal, immoral or you know, criminal, I'm fine, you know, just me just having a good time in life. So I'm not breaking the law and going to jail and you know, becoming a yoga instructor because I was in jail for a year, you know, just not I'm just not doing shit like that, just being me.
Speaker 4: So and you can tell when they make when they make up those lives and they don't stick, they just go away.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and the ones that stick are the ones that are going no, no, it's not true. It's this way.
Speaker 2: What's the best thing that's come out of being on Housewives for you?
Speaker 3: Great question, that's a great question. I think.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny, I think actually being on Housewives has in our relationship my wife Wendy and I strengthen our relationship because it's forced us. I forced us, but it allowed us to get closer when you feel like it's us against the world. So I think that's one thing. I think also my kids have actually I've been able to maintain a sense of normalcy for them but also build them up in a way that I wasn't you know, I wasn't raised so in a sense of, you know, they're growing up in the spotlight, you know, like I have two boys they walked on in New York Fashion Week one year, and like those opportunities, Like I've never had those opportunities growing up. So being able to give them those type of opportunities is one of those things whereas once in a lifetime. And so I really appreciative of the Housewives universe for allowing them that space and that opportunity to go that way, and then also just starting businesses like this cannabis business.
Speaker 3: You know that I started.
Speaker 4: It's happy EDDI wouldn't be happy Edti if I wasn't on.
Speaker 3: This platform, you know.
Speaker 4: And so I think that the opportunity to meet the people I've met, to be in the rooms that I've been in, I've been able to I've been one of those peop well that said, if I'm going to be talked about on this show, I'm going to leverage this platform to my benefit. I'm not going to be talked about and then I go in the corner and I'll cry and I'll say, oh man, they talk about me.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to take full advantage of the opportunity.
Speaker 4: And so that's what I've kind of prided myself when trying to do and not just sitting on the sidelines and just you know, eating popcorn and watching the show go on.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a springboard to anything you want to do. We've been very successful with our CBD company as well, and I don't think we'd be where we're at without the platform. Although we launched our company in twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen, but towards the beginning of the farm Bill, so Bravo wasn't very inclined to show anything cannabis. And we did a whole you know, one of those parties and all the housewives were there, and you got to make sure there's a bitch fight otherwise it's not going to air, and there was, and they just decided not to show it, and that really pissed me off and made me really think twice about what am I doing on the show if they're not going to you know, do their part. So fortunately we were true to our brand and built it up, you know, like or just a regular business. And fortunately the brand and the products spoke for themselves because in this industry when we started, you couldn't advertise anything cannabis, not on social media nowhere. So we were like, how were we supposed to sell you something? We can't tell you it's good for how it works for you. You know, it's very challenging. So yeah, I'm really I mean, it's it's a tough business, but it's very rewarding because it is it is a medicinal plant, and a lot of customers have benefited from it.
Speaker 4: Definitely, I would love the trust of their products too.
Speaker 2: What's the one thing that you would you know, for any entrepreneur that's listening to the show or that's maybe wanting to get into into a new business, what's the number one advice you would give them coming from the corporate world, Because I'm sure a lot of fans of the show are probably nine to five corporate people that maybe dream of jumping into that entrepreneurship. And Eddie maybe you could answer that as well, what is the number one advice that you would give someone that's thinking about maybe getting into entrepreneurship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say the number one advice I would I would give is to seek out I guess you call the mentors or seek out a board of advisors who are doing what you want to do, and really educate yourself on what.
Speaker 3: It is you're trying to get yourself into.
Speaker 4: Because you know, people, believe it or not, they love to talk and they love especially when they're experting their field. They love to share knowledge and love to be the go to person of the knowledge base, and so I think seeking out folks who can give you that information transfer and can give you that quick cliff notes into the industry, and then you take that learning and you apply it to you know, what you're trying to do. I think that's invaluable, and that's kind of advice that you won't be able to realize until you're fully entrenched in facing obstacles in the industry, and then you be able to call upon those people or call upon that advice that you were given, you know, initially.
Speaker 3: So I think that's probably the number one advice that I would give.
Speaker 4: To anyone who is venturing out and don't think because you're leaving corporate America, you're gonna leave all that learning behind, because you're gonna apply all those characteristics, you know, setting meetings, setting an agenda, you know, running through your you know your outcomes and what you're to do list, like, you have to utilize those things in entrepreneurship every single day. If you don't, like, you're gonna flounder and waste time and it's not going to be good for you. So I think that's the number one advice I would give.
Speaker 1: I have to agree one hundred percent, yeah with what you said, And the only thing I would piggyback on is, you know, it's the hardest. It's like finding a life partner, it's finding the right people that are going to be on the board, on the ship with you, you know, and have skin in the game, because doing it on your own is one of the hardest things to do in business. You know, you're going to be wearing too many hats and it's going to be too difficult to say seed. So find a partner or two, or as many as you can get that will help you improve your chances of success, you know. But again, make sure there are people you really trust, you really know they have a skin in the game and a real interest in the game, because doing it by yourself is too hard.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, no, I agree with that, and I love the answer.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: What I would add to that as far as you know the importance of association and the importance of mentorship. A lot of people say, well, I don't have access to those people, and the reality of it is you do. With all the YouTube stuff that's there, you could literally study people. And I can tell you that one one of the ways you can connect with people is if you DM them and you tell them something back about a story that they told about their life. If you could tie that back to like if you can show them that you paid attention to their story, they will get back to you. So it's got to be something speciftiffic that they know. Man, this person took the time to study me. Yeah, right, versus just sending them a generic. I sent this to one thousand people, and let's say if you respond, if you could make it very unique where they know it's specific to them, you'd be amazed how many people will respond to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or even if you're trying to work for a company, you do the research, you know, you look into the company, you find out everything about it, and don't send them a hey are you hiring? Email? Say hey, I'd love to work for you, and here's the reasons why.
Speaker 3: Right, you got to do your due diligence for sure to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And what's next for you, Eddie? What's what do you got planned? And what are you looking forward to in this new season?
Speaker 3: So this new season it's just getting off the grounds.
Speaker 4: I don't know how. I don't want to be the leak if you will, but the new seas is getting off the ground. It's going really well. I think this next season is going to be a great season. There's also some other things in the pipeline for the the ocepos and so I think that you know, we have some announcements coming up in terms of family announcement, and then we also, you know, like I said, I'm expanding the brand.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to be traveling a lot.
Speaker 4: Into different states and partnering with different folks that some people may know, some people may not know, a lot of people probably do know.
Speaker 3: And so just just.
Speaker 4: Trying to make the most of you know, the opportunities and really just trying to enjoy the ride.
Speaker 3: While it's still a ride. If you will, love that.
Speaker 2: Love it Eddie Man, you're again very charismatic. Your business is obviously I think, going to do very well. I love the business you picked. I think it's especially as to your point, as more states get a little more I guess what's the word, uh lenient. Yeah, I think it's it's it's a great business, especially with your platform as well. So very excited to see you continue to shine.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Thanks guys. The Eddie's finally squeeze right middle with the Eddie Orioles.
Speaker 2: Well you come down to la hit us up man, Yeah, please, we'd love to.
Speaker 3: We'll do, we'll do.
Speaker 1: And are you going to Bravo Con this year.
Speaker 4: Probably, Actually I went the past years and I went to Bravo Fans did Okay? Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, hopefully we'll see you there because I'm excited about it. I I went to the one two years ago in Vegas and it was so awesome. I met so many you know, other house husbands and you know, not a lot of them I like, but a lot of my I really got to know, and and especially the Jersey boys.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of fun there there there, there are a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of fun. So hopefully we'll get to see you then, if not before. And thank you so much for being on the EDS.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, guys. I appreciate it.