Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can give it up.
Speaker 1: Come on now, it's a Friday Billy Reutligion Shannon the dude here at the ninety fourth Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival in Pineville. You can give his call eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven or Texas at five oh two two six five six six five six. As always the case, our pre show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, Kentucky. But we've hit the road today for another Friday remote. And it's my first time here at the Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival. What about you, Shannon, Yes, your first time.
Speaker 3: You say this is the ninety fifth, ninety fourth, ninety fourth. I'm more of a ninety fourth type of guy. I want to make sure that you got the festival down, like ninety three times before, you know, to make sure it's good, and then ninety fourth time I'll come and hang out.
Speaker 1: So here we are here, we are ready to be here. Absolutely, just met the mayor. They're gonna shut down the street here soon. They got all these carnival and food vendors lined up. These open at ten o'clock, Shannon, So it looks like we're about to have a good time.
Speaker 3: Which when you're going for you going for a funnel cake, you get the hot dogs over here, the deep fried oreos. That sounds good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not normally a deep fried guy, but I got to indulge and get a deep fried.
Speaker 2: Twinkie, right.
Speaker 1: I mean I've only only eate one at every game that I run a broadcast for.
Speaker 3: If you're willing to eat at COVID twinkie that we have in our studio that's been in there for five years, I think you got to get a deep fried twinkie. That's right.
Speaker 1: And thank you to Tony. You just keep sending me boxes of ho hose and twinkies to the studio.
Speaker 2: Shannon. I'm gonna be fat the next time we come out to the Mountain Laurel Festival.
Speaker 1: But last night, Shannon, the dude stayed at what was at the State Park resort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last night, how was it? It was nice? Yeah? I got here about midnight, drove up after OVW, so it was a long three hour drive for me. But you know, you don't really get to see the beauty of this part of the state when you're driving at night. But this morning, I'll wake up and you get to see the mountains and the sun's coming out now it's warming up out here. So it's gonna be a really good, really good day. Hopefully a good weekend here too for everybody.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: KSR will be here a little later today at ten o'clock. The centerpiece of the festival, Shannon, is the Queen's coronation, and that's held Saturday. Also Miss Kentucky's going to be here leading in the parade, Shannon. So there's a lot going on here in the Mountain Laurel Fest.
Speaker 3: Now is it true what Matt said yesterday? Or was he just making this up? Were you? It's tradition, I guess, to throw like somebody into a lake.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna have to confirm that for us, because I don't get the details.
Speaker 2: True, if you're throwing somebody in.
Speaker 3: The lake, Oh you shaking his head? Yes, okay, Okay, Well can we.
Speaker 1: Throw Shannon in the lake or does it have to be like somebody specific?
Speaker 3: I got somewhere to be after this, We're gonna throw Ryan.
Speaker 2: Oh, he always in the somewhere to be.
Speaker 3: We'll throw Ryan in the lake. He's got a past of you know, jumping in lakes. We'll just throw him in the one.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Ryan, Mark Pope during his interview with Matt Jones said, the other day, I'm surprised Ryan still has his shirt on, and I think we all were at some point.
Speaker 2: But what did you think about Matt's interview with.
Speaker 3: Mark Pope the other day, Shannon, There's a lot of different things to take away, he commented on Travis Perry. He was talking about the Kentucky Global Robbery. Yeah, and you know right now, it's and I agree with that. You know, when we had Patino, when we had as the coaches at Kentucky and Louisville, that was a very heat at Robberry, maybe the biggest one in college basketball. And now you got Pat Kelsey and you got Mark Pope, and the guys just are so friendly and you know, respect each other so much. I agree with Matt, we got to spice it up a little bit. I don't know that that's gonna happen, though, I feel like both guys are just really nice guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did like how he goes right after Matt asked that question, Pat Kelsey, I hate that guy. He immediately goes into the buying and yeah, sarcast I hate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you like how the interview like stopped mid sentence three or four times?
Speaker 3: Shannon? I always thought that was a nice touch to it too. What do you mean to stop stop midcenter?
Speaker 1: Well, like we did, had to fit a what a fall into like like fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: So you're referring to your your editing that you you chopped up this, And I didn't know how it was going to end, right because I'm listening as as the producer of the show. I'm listening to it for the first time like everybody else, and I see that, you know, the clock's ticking down, it's about to get the zero, and I know I'm about to talk, but then the sentence just gets cut off midway through.
Speaker 1: So well, not just the sentence. Matt is pouring his heart out, Oh yeah, pope.
Speaker 3: The end of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, show.
Speaker 1: What you've done in for Kentucky in this fan base is and then you start hearing that music and you gotta get cut off.
Speaker 3: We got to work on your math skills because you gave me a minute extra of content, but the show was over a minute before and I still had another minute of Matt pouring his heart out to Pope, and it felt a little insensitive, but I had to cut off Matt and in the show, yeah with him talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I I'll take responsibility, but I do not apologize Shannon. But we'll get better at that. The full interview is up if you want to listen to it. He did say a couple of things that stood out to me. He said at one point, he said, all these college basketball players are probably making more than their parents at this point. So if you kids out here are looking for a career path, just go into college sports. I mean, with all this nil and the new landscape, you could be making more than your parents.
Speaker 3: Here someday, no doubt. I mean, right now, there's never been a better time in history than to be a college athlete. Yeah right. I mean some of these guys making lucrative deals and with no guardrails on it. I mean, there's no limit as to what you can make. So you know, if you're a high school senior, high school junior, I would be working really hard to get a good scholarship and go to a school that's got a ton of nie own money.
Speaker 1: That's right, never been a better time now. Mark Pope also said that last season was a failure for him in Kentucky. Do you agree with that, Shannon? I mean, ultimately you want to win the national championship, But do you see last year as a failure Nolentucky?
Speaker 3: No, I would say it's a success and really overachieved for what he had. And you know, we talked about how quickly he had to put together a roster and a coaching staff and you know, to go as far as they did in the tournament. I don't know how you call that a failure, but I understand like what Mark Pope's doing. I mean, he's a smart guy, right, and he's a very likable guy. And you know, also, I would say just the interview itself was very lighthearted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see Cala Perry taking criticism for Matt Like, hey man, you say the word beautiful way too many times. Do you know how many times you say the were beautiful? Like, I don't think you could get away with with with joking with CALIPERI like that the way that Pope takes I'm just.
Speaker 2: Trying to think how cow would have taken that.
Speaker 1: He probably just stood up and left, you know, I mean, he probably would have just stood up.
Speaker 2: And left at that point.
Speaker 3: But to your point, though, no, I don't think it was a failure at all. I mean, but I think that's probably what fans want to hear. Don't you think it's just national championship or bust every year?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a little coach speaker, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you've had eight titles in the entire existence of Kentucky basketball. Eight. Yeah, So if you think that it's a failure when you don't win the national title, then more times than not you're gonna have failure. Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 1: You can't look at it like that, Like you've got to be able to build off of every single year. Now maybe more years or more failures than others. Maybe when you lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament, but well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you lose to Saint Peter's and you lose to Oakland, that's a failure.
Speaker 1: Like as a two seed, you know you're losing these big games, so it's you know, you can ultimately fail.
Speaker 2: But I think Mark Pope with a little coach speak there.
Speaker 1: But you know, while it was very lighthearted, there were some serious moments talking about the victims of the tornado recently. And also he knows what it means to walk his family back into upp Arena many years after they graduate. And I think that's probably one of the best parts of Pope is that he's translated to that to his guys over these last year.
Speaker 3: So don't you think, yeah, yeah, and he gets it. I mean, when you have that position at Kentucky, when you're sitting in that seat as the head coach at Kentucky, it's more than just a coach of a basketball team, right, You're as representative of the entire state of Kentucky and ambassador, you know, a guy that is expected to go around and do things like that, to be quite honest with you, So in Caliperry was great at that too. Yeah, but Mark Pope is great at it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to join the show today, maybe you've been to the Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival. We'd love to hear from yous A nice little drive Shannon coming in. I know what it feels like to be Shannon the dude waking up at five thirty this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right before we went on the air, I go, well, Billy, you all right, master, seem like you're a little down, like it's something bothering you. You're going No, it was just a long drive here, I go. First of all, it was a three hour drive for me. It was a two hour drive for you from Lexington. I said, well, what time did you leave? You said what six fifteen? Six fifteen? Said well, what time did you wake up? You said five thirty. I said, welcome to bib.
Speaker 1: Welcome to your life. You do that every single day. The problem is, I know our guys Drew and Ryan and Mario are probably listening to this right now. They don't want to carpool with me anymore, Shannon, and I don't think it's just the beaver Nuggets thing and the BUCkies situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They they want to sleep in a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, I mean you gotta be here an extra hour early to do this pre show with me. I know that's where it goes.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: H So we're gonna talk about a few things today. We've got some fun stuff on the docket. But you know, you can't help but be excited about Kentucky basketball after Mark Pope says stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So we've had a.
Speaker 1: Lot of things planned. Again, give us call eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. We'll take an early break here and be right back here on the show. Before the show. It is the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. Starting to become a beautiful day out here. Yeah, in Pineville, Kentucky at the Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival, an event that's often called America's best outdoor beauty pageant.
Speaker 3: Wow, Oh well, I'm sorry, I gotta miss that. Are you gonna stick around for it and maybe jump on the tea cups? Or you're not getting me on the tea cups? What's your favorite carnival ride? If I said, okay, you got a golden ticket, which one you go into first?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I try to avoid the ones that they build on site, you know, talking about the Yeah, like, what do.
Speaker 3: You mean that's every think here? What was it?
Speaker 2: The fireball? Is that what it's called?
Speaker 1: Or the ring of fire when it goes completely around I mean twelve year old Billy was freaking out on that thing.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a scrambler guy, you know, trambled on the ground, but it kind of goes everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's about the one that you can guarantee that is going to keep you safe.
Speaker 3: Just make sure you don't have a mimosa before you get on.
Speaker 1: That that and make sure your ear drums are going to be blown out because that music on the scrambler is going to be loud?
Speaker 2: Or am I thinking of the Himalaya, Shannon?
Speaker 3: The Himalaya is the thing where it goes around. Yeah, the scramblers where it goes like. You can't see this because I'm making motions with my hands.
Speaker 2: With the scrambler goes Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can visualize that. Most people know what this is.
Speaker 1: There's also the one that spins around and you go up against the wall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know what I'm trying on that one. It's like the alien ship, right, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what. It just spins like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting on that one either. Now I'm gonna tell you that. Uh middles Burrel's rock station just came through here a minute ago.
Speaker 2: Oh and you were extremely jealous and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, look at their look at their vehicle, like their vehicle had flames on it and had Billy f Gibbons from zz Top and Steven Tyler from Errol Smith on it. And I look down at ours and I'm driving driving like a soccer mom van. iHeartRadio on it, and I'm going, man like, why can't Why does Middlesburl's Rock station have a cooler vehicle than we do? We got to step up our ve.
Speaker 1: Listen to you crapping on the station vehicle. You're getting to drive all across the stay.
Speaker 3: I don't have Billy Gibbons on my car. I don't have Steven Tyler and flames shooting all over the back in the hood of the car. I mean, they have an awesome rock vehicle and.
Speaker 1: That is an awesome wrap on that car. Yeah, I mean, Shannon, I don't know if they have it in the budget. We just got Plinko boards in the office, so we.
Speaker 3: We did have one like that. By the way, what the QMF van had flames and stuff all over it, But you know that was like ten years ago and then they just let it go.
Speaker 2: No, we still have it. Daniel drives it around yeah, and it's all faded.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. They yet to go. They didn't. They didn't maintain the thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's unbelievable what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Now, did you play Plinko, because we're talking yesterday about Plinko? I did.
Speaker 1: I did play Franco. There's actually a little button. It plays the music. Duh duh, dues it does. They've got two in the Louisville building. I was there yesterday, Shannon.
Speaker 3: But the thing is like three foot tall.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's tiny.
Speaker 3: That's false advertisement. It is when you see the thing of Plinko, I think Plinko like you know, you got to get on the stairs and climb up and drop the Plinko boards down, and you know it's like you should come with one of Barker's beauties. But no, with anything.
Speaker 2: They come with the Barker beauty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of that. I mean. Then you get the thing in the box and it's this, it's three foot tall.
Speaker 1: It's the spirit that counts, Shannon. And if you're ever going to become a game show host, this is how you start.
Speaker 2: I think you have to start hosting the Plinko of the Nights at the Louisville building.
Speaker 3: The tiny games, the tiny games for tiny people.
Speaker 1: We were talking about music there for a second. I had a music store. I wanted to run by you. You're our resident music guy. All American regis as a band I've I liked in the past, in the early two thousands, but they've got a new approach when it comes to touring. They were doing a house party tour. Fans can submit an event or a venue and the All American Rejects will come to that event or venue. I've seen some videos from these. It looks kind of awesome, Shannon. If you've got a fraternity or I mean they've gone to I guess they went to Green Bay and did a show before Finals week.
Speaker 2: They did a show in a field in Iowa.
Speaker 1: So I mean, if you've got a venue, maybe the All American Rejects will come to their tour there.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. It's also brilliant. I mean, with everybody now with social media, they get on TikTok and they go viral. Because All American Rejects showed up at their backyard barbecue, pretty amazing, right, So I think it's a brilliant marketing on their part and who knows. I mean, they could just pop up in anybody's city. I don't think they announce it until they're just gonna show up, right.
Speaker 2: It was like it was the day of that they announced it.
Speaker 1: So I think that creates an anticipation and excitement of a pop up show, right.
Speaker 3: You submit it. American rejects play like you.
Speaker 1: Know, the Louisville Building. You know, we did have Mason Ramsey come all those years ago.
Speaker 3: We used to have like, you know, once a month at least, there'd be somebody coming in, like a big rock band coming to town. They'd come in and do like an acoustic performance like.
Speaker 2: Two plug session.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are the good old days of radio, back when we had cool Stone.
Speaker 1: It was like right after the video the kids in Walmart yodeling and he walks into iHeart the other day and I'm like, what, Mason Ramsey here, let me stop what I'm doing and watch. This was yodel for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: You were starstruck by Mason rams I was, wow, what does that tell you about me? Shannon? You're easily impressed, I guess. So here's something that will impress yodeling Walmar. If you're a better you need to go on Draftking. There bet five dollars, you get three hundred dollars in bonus bets. If your bet hits, you got to use the promo code ks rts on Drafting sports Book, the official sports betting partner of the NBA. Last night, the Thunder went up two ohs. They did so Nicks and Pacers is that tonight? Believe you yeah? Should be in the MSG yep, and you can bet it all on Drafting sports Book, same game par arlas, live betting player props, fast and easy payouts as all there for you with DraftKings promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem called wand under Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibidy restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus BET's expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Its traditional terms and responsible gaming resources see dk NG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the NBA, can we talk about Shake Guilders Alexander for a second, because he is the MVP. The Thunder go up two oh last night. But I gotta be honest, I would hate to play against shake Guilders Alexander. He looks like one of the most annoying players in the NBA. Do you know what I mean by this? Like drawing fouls and like kind of rubbing into people, And I mean, he's just a master of being able to get to the free throw line. But at one point, one of the Timberwolves guys just shoved him like he was just mad. He's already going to the ground, he just shoves him. I can feel the frustration from the Timberwolves playing check.
Speaker 3: Kind of like when we play Tennessee every year, They've always got one of those guys that just gets under your skin a little bit, right, and Shay's kind of become that in the NBA. I feel, I completely understand what you're saying, But I mean that it's also small because he's so quick, he can he can do those types of things where he does get under your skin and then he frustrates the the you know, his defender. Next thing, you know, he's drawn fouls out of frustration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that's part of the art of playing in the NBA, right, being able to get the ref to make a call. But I mean, I don't think the rest of the NBA likes to play Shay in the thunder because they they're a good defensive team and this guy has drawn fouls left and right.
Speaker 2: Now, who are the most like annoying players that Kentucky's had in the past, Shannon, Oh, Kentucky players.
Speaker 3: Our players are annoying.
Speaker 2: They're never annoying. They don't get under people's skin.
Speaker 3: No, come on, now, we can name plenty in the SEC. But if you're talking like Kentucky, I mean I could see where people would think that. Last year kerk Crease, it was that type of guy.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm I'm asking for. Kirk Crease A lance Ware was a guy that would get in your face. He'd play eight minutes, but he may get five fouls during those eight minutes, and he'd bring a little energy.
Speaker 3: Now, the name that comes to mind for like just SEC like the most. Again, there's a big, long list you could have of annoying players throughout the years, but I don't think that anybody comes close. I feel like there's there's a level for everybody that was going, and then there's a tier alone at the top of the mountain. Was it Ole? Miss Ole Miss player Marshall Henders. That's it. There's there's nobody I think that even comes close to being as obnoxious as he was.
Speaker 1: One of the most electric atmospheres I've been in when I was a college student was when he came to Western. I think it was Old Miss coming to Western, and I mean after every shot He's like talking to the crowd, every single shot.
Speaker 3: That he made.
Speaker 1: But you know what, that's what makes sports fun, right villains, you know, hating people at times, you know, rooting against dynasties like Mahomes or Tom Brady. So uh shay maybe one of those people that you hate in sports. Eight five nine two eight zero two to eight seven. Speaking of a little bit more sports, we got big news yesterday that the College Football Playoff is going to change their seating. So instead of Boise State in Arizona State getting that first round by Shannon, they're just going to do seating straight into what it is in the college football rankings.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's the right move? I kind of like that. Yeah, make everybody play the same amount of games.
Speaker 1: Right now, A conference winner like Arizona State in Boise State, you know, still get in, but they're not gonna be one of those get a first round by like they were before.
Speaker 3: And you know that. I mean that also opens it up for potential upsets. You're not going to see that nearly as much as you would in college basketball in the NCAA tournament, but at least the opportunities there for a smaller school that's, you know, the last seed in to knock off the top seed.
Speaker 1: Well, like Texas losing the SEC championship game, they still are a top four theoretically with this seeding compared to last year when they weren't. It also allows Notre Dame to be able to get a top four seed when they're not in a conference.
Speaker 3: So I hear people say, well, that's never gonna happen. You're never going to have the last seed knock off the one seed. And we thought that about college basketball for years, right, Oh come on, yeah, and a little team called Maryland Baltimore County you might remember, once knocked off Virginia and then we had could never say, well, sixteen could never be to one. So could it happen in college football? Sure it could?
Speaker 1: So where do we stop though? Like we're at twelve right now? You think it goes to fourteen sixteen sixteen. I saw a mock forty team playoff the other day and Kentucky was still not in the forty team playoff. I mean, that's that's a little demoralizing when you're not even in that still.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, when you were projected to win four games, you're you're not gonna be in the top two hundred.
Speaker 2: Look at her flying by.
Speaker 3: Look out, Wow, I need to get one of those, I know, to hover around.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, you could have the station vehicle and then just hover around on that afterwards.
Speaker 3: Her huve around is nicely more nicely decorated than my jeep I'm dropping here on.
Speaker 2: It's a better looking vehicle than the jeep that you've been.
Speaker 3: Your hub around had flames coming out of the side of it, just like the Middlesburl Rock vehicle eight two eight h two to a faster than my vehicle.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Somebody put a speedometer on her, I mean like a radar gun. She actually breaking her ball there ilegally go on a sidewalk in Pineville.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but have you ever ridden those like bird scooter Shanning Oh, gotten on one of those things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta be careful, you o face plant, and that is a.
Speaker 1: Face plant a turned ankle. I mean, it's just a recipe for disaster on those things, especially when you're getting out of the bar at two in the morning.
Speaker 3: Franklin, Oh, Drew's made it here. What's he got? He gave me a Kentucky's Mountain Laurel Festival program. Look at this from nineteen seventy two. Wow, ow, I gotta tweet that out. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: This is the ninety fourth Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival. So it's been going on for quite a while. What's in the program, Shannon? I mean, what were they doing back in night?
Speaker 3: Well, back in nineteen seventy two. Today's a Friday, so let's go back to Friday, May twenty sixth How many years ago was nineteen seventy two? Oh, you're gonna ask me to do math?
Speaker 1: Fifty three years, thirty forty fifth, eighty three, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fifty three years, fifty three years ago. Today you had the qualifying round of the seventh annual Mountain Laurel Golf Classic. Oh a mine Mountain State Resort Park golf Course, which is just where I was. Would you like to take a guess what the entrance fee is, Like, what's a you play a lot of golf. What's a normal entrance fee today?
Speaker 2: Well, is it a weekday or a weekend?
Speaker 3: Shannon?
Speaker 1: If you're asking me, it's probably around seventy five to one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: It is a good rain. Well, back in nineteen seventy two, the entrance fee was twelve dollars and fifteen twelve.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. Twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: You know how much actually I played. I went to the Louisville Golf Club. The they charged me one thirty one. Oh my hell wow, Shannon, So you're saying twelve to get on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd have to pay me one hundred and thirty dollars to go play golf. It's a nice course.
Speaker 1: So after I get done qualifying for the golf tournament, Shannon, is there any things that I could see back in nineteen.
Speaker 3: Seventy Well, you had the band concert. After that, then you had some fishing, some hiking and sight seeing. Then you had a reception, and then you had the director's dinner. So that's what was going on in nineteen seventy two right here at the Mountain Laurel Fest, well.
Speaker 1: Known as America's best outdoor beauty pageant. There is going to be somebody that's crowned queen and adorned with a handmade crown of Mountain Laurel Flowers. So some of the most beautiful women in the Commonwealth of Kentucky going to be here competing for that crown, and Shannon the Dude's going to be leaving for another remote right after this, right.
Speaker 3: That's right. I got to go to Sugar Days. I don't know if anybody knows what this is. It's at the Kentucky Horse Park and it's two hours away. My remote starts at two o'clock. So I'm telling you the second like, if anybody wants to get pictures, I would be glad to do it. We'll have to do it throughout the show, but I've got to pack this stuff up and immediately get in my uncool iHeart vehicle and get to the Kentucky Horse Park where they're gonna be doing this. I don't it's like a Mortar Day. Sugar Days, it's like a Mommortal Day event that's going on all weekend long at the All Tech Arena in Lexington.
Speaker 2: So you walk in, they give you a sugar cube or something like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, they got me in a chomp on it. They got me in the main cave. So they got bourbon tasting, they got cigars, they got like all this manly stuff. Right, But then they've also got something we were talking about yesterday, blue light and red light therapy. And I know what the differences between blue and red light therapy.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna have to figure out for us. Maybe a little cards and we got therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got you gotta get blue light therapy, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't get the red light. I got your T shirts in the car, so we're good there. And Nancy's little miniatures are gonna be there too. You even got to make sure you get a picture of Nancy's miniatures and that make sure that they're not X rated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll make sure that. For anybody who remembers that at the Kentucky State Fair last was it last year that happened?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, But we've had some great stories at the State That's where I had got my twenty dollars paycheck that one year too.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: So we have fond memories there.
Speaker 3: Deep fraught pickles. Gotta get that.
Speaker 1: I'll pass on the deep front pickle. I like pickle in my coke. Remember we tried that the diet coke with pickle juice.
Speaker 3: It's just weird. All right.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break and be back here on the KSR pre show. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It is the show before the show. Billy and the Dude A five nine two eight h two two eight seven. You can text us five O two two six five six six five six, where one person says Ryan Lemon should have the All American Rejects for his next Masters Sensation birthday.
Speaker 3: That would be cool. Yeah, he probably don't even know who that band is though.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, he knows Move along right?
Speaker 3: Probably not a couple of observations from the crowd here. Number one. This guy right here has an awesome shirt. It's the Midnight Express, that the Jim Cornett. Do you know who any of these guys? I do not.
Speaker 2: You have to tell me who they are.
Speaker 3: Beautiful Bobby. You don't know who beautiful Bobby is?
Speaker 2: No, it sounds like Mark Pope named him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I like that he got called out for saying beautiful so many times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matt said that he needs a dead needs a cursed jar, or not for curse words, but for the word beautiful.
Speaker 3: And then we have a quilt being made right here too by the lady. Oh.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see the quilt being made over here.
Speaker 3: Do you think you could, you know, quilt or what is it called knitting? Knitting? Not a chance? No, I mean crochet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like get a thread and needle. Is that what you're asking me to do?
Speaker 3: I could thread a needle, but I couldn't do anything after that. There's no way. My grandmother used to grandmother used to make these big quilts. Yeah, you do them all by hand. And I'm like, it takes so much How long would it take? Care? So much time? Like a year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, every day watching TV after dinner. Uh so it may be a relaxing pastime for some Shannon. While we're speaking of observations, we're in front of the Bell Theater here in Pineville. It's none of the old school movie theater. You get the ticket here out front. They got one big screen back there. Shannon, when's the last time you went to a movie theater?
Speaker 3: Oh? Just drive ins count No, Now you got to go to the theater. It's been a long time, long time, because there's no movies I want to go see. Yeah, the next movie that I want to go see is twenty eight years later? Do you know that? If you watch the others?
Speaker 2: No, is it twenty eight days later? It's kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's like the zombie apocalypse type stuff, which you know, I'm into. I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, centers looked good, but you gotta be a little bit into vampires to appreciate that to its fullest.
Speaker 3: But I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: The death of the movie theaters is a little sad.
Speaker 1: I know that Wednesdays that they're trying to bring back half priced Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: You know you got a bar.
Speaker 1: Even some movie theaters are building pickleball courts, Yeah, try to entice people to come in. Is a pickleball court really gonna make people go to a movie theater more?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think so. No, I bet, but who knows. So this this has movies, plays, concerts, live events. It's kind of like we are gonna be at one in sumrset in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Virginia, Yeah, at the Virginia The nice theater there, Shannon, And that's where your band's gonna play right later that.
Speaker 3: Night, right later that night, we will be playing there. That's right. That's in Summer set on June the sixth.
Speaker 2: Very good. Well, it is a long weekend, folks.
Speaker 1: Memorial Day is Monday, and while we salute all those that have passed protecting our freedom and this country, it's also kind of the unofficial start to summer, right the pools start to open back up, Shannon. Where does summer rank for you on your season's list? Is is it up there number one or two? Or you fall a little bit?
Speaker 3: Falls number one? For me? Yeah, summer is number two, I think, you know, especially now and it's starting to warm up, just a little bit tired of all this cold and especially all the snow that we got in the winter this year. So yeah, I think I think if we're ranking the seasons, we're going fall, summer, spring, winter for.
Speaker 1: Me, Fall, summer, spring, winter. You know, I think I'd have to switch it up a little bit. I'm going fall, spring, summer, winter, Shannon.
Speaker 2: And that's because sometimes, you know, living.
Speaker 1: In Florida, man, that was like that was like a harsh winter living down there and going through the heat. So uh, definitely looking forward to get back to the beach, the pools opening up. We just talked about Ryan's pool opening back up and so that should be happening soon. Today is the last day that Around the Horn will break be broadcasted on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Shannon over four.
Speaker 1: Thousand, five hundred episodes, I believe Around the Horn has done over the years, four nine hundred and fifty three A staple.
Speaker 2: Of my childhood.
Speaker 1: That hour of Around the Horn and PTI was something that I mean I watched for a while, not that I've loved the show, but it's just been consistent in many people's lives for many years.
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch Around the Horn?
Speaker 3: I did, but I never really was a big fan of it. Honestly, I didn't even know it was still on because I haven't watched it in so long. Is that why they're ending it? Are they ending it because the ratings went down? Or are they just tired of running the show.
Speaker 1: There's a little like drama behind the scenes, Like Tony Reality, the host has maybe had one conversation with his execs about why the show was ending and stuff.
Speaker 2: So there's a little secrecy around it.
Speaker 1: But also I mean, you know, eventually, all good things have to come to an end, but they got to.
Speaker 3: Replace it with something. So what's gonna be, Well, something that they're gonna.
Speaker 1: There were rumored reports that Shannon Sharp was gonna get a show all that time slot, and I don't think he's gonna get that time slot anymore.
Speaker 2: So I don't know Shannon.
Speaker 3: He's got trouble with his phone. His phone just you know, miraculously goes live at really unfortunate times.
Speaker 2: And it's not easy to go live. So I'm gonna call BS on that.
Speaker 1: Some news yesterday, Jalen Lowe withdrew his name from the NBA Draft. That means he will officially play next year at the University of Kentucky. And a guy with some big expectations and some pressure on his shoulders, right, I mean, he had to be the guy at Pittsburgh and that's gonna help him. He doesn't have to be the guy, but he has got to be a good distributor in a huge part of this team this next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and playing in the SEC, it's gonna get a little bit tougher, but yeah, being at Pittsburgh playing with those guys, he didn't have a whole lot of help. I think you're gonna be able to see his true talent. Yeah, you know, guys that are on his level as his teammates, as opposed to what he had to deal with at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Oh, Pump's excited about him though, and he also realizes he had to take a lot of bad shots as he was closely guarded. As he gave us some of those analytics yesterday, So you know, he can't get worse than all the en that Kentucky had last year at point guards. So you gotta think he's gonna have gonna be prime for success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one good thing. I mean when you're fourteen deep, Yeah, and you know your fourteenth guy is a top thirty to thirty five pick, you know, or in the rankings, and you've got that, Yeah, you've sold him on the program to come and get better and you know, prepare him for the future for next season. Right, that shows you just how deep this team really is. I mean, they're not gonna have to worry about injuries this.
Speaker 1: Year, and so Otaga will be that fourteenth guy and then who knows what they do with the fifteenth. You know, I really liked the story of Zach Tawell coming on the team late the tryouts that they held at UK. Now, I'm not sure if they're gonna have walkowns or anymore and stuff, but just the thought of you could go try out for the Kentucky team is kind of awesome, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I think though that unfortunately, the walk on thing is just gonna be a thing of the past. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a lot of times though it was like the assistant coach's son or a friend of the coach, you know what I mean. So I think it got abused a little bit, but it is sad to see that go. While we're talking Kentucky players, the Flow Bill's got announced as the team for the Hard Knocks Shannon, so that behind the scenes show I get to see a little Ray Davis, little Dion Walker, little Maxwell Harriston. As many Kentucky fans have become Bills fans over the last month or so.
Speaker 3: Were you a big fan of Hard Knocks?
Speaker 2: I love I used to love the old Hard Knocks. I haven't watched the new.
Speaker 3: Ones like the last few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you go back to the Baltimore Ravens being on it back then. I mean even my Buccaneers were on it for one year. I do like the behind the scenes stuff for sure, So I ray Davis's personality.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be a star on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll check that one out with Buffalo. But yeah, I was speaking of like sports documentaries. I started watching the Brett Farv.
Speaker 2: Oh how is that? How is that? That's your guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, sometimes you'd just rather not hear like the behind the scenes stuff. It's kind of like, you know, I was a big fan of growing up as a kid watching the Andy Griffinth. Yeah, right with my parents. I feel like, you know a lot of people watched the show just with their parents because it was always on as a kid. And then you start reading the behind the scenes stuff, like you know, Aunt Bee was a jerk and she was always in a bad mood, and then Andy Grit didn't get along with her, and there was always like arguing that they're ruined on this story a little bit because I want to think of Aunt Be. You know, there's this wholesome grandma or aunt I guess in this case it's in her name, aunt b. You know who's cooking apple pie and you know is always jovial when happy, right, But no, you find out behind the scenes that things weren't quite as they appear.
Speaker 1: Well, they say, don't meet your heroes, and a lot of times I think that's false. I think there are you know, you know, people can be nice and give you the time of day. Sometimes you don't get that signature from a Rory McElroy and you'll hold it against them for the rest of your life. But I mean, it sounds like it was kind of ruined for you a little bit of the Andy Griffith Show.
Speaker 3: And as the Brett Forvard thing right now, I didn't go through the entire thing. I just kind of shut it off, like you know what, I've heard enough.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch the Aaron Rodgers documentary next, or maybe that guy's already been ruined for you.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you something that fiance told.
Speaker 3: Me the other day, Shannon, what's up?
Speaker 1: So we've got engagement photos next Thursday. So we're gonna be going to a museum in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I thought maybe you go back to the jfkssage.
Speaker 1: Now it's gonna be fancy. Now, Now that's just for the engagement. Uh so it's it's gonna be fancy. I've got to kind of look my best. I may go to the same place Mario went for his outfit for the bet gallup.
Speaker 2: Remember that red that.
Speaker 3: He was You don't want to you don't want to look like you're going to the derby. And I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Prom, but I think they can help me out.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement picture. Don't wear a hoodie, but you don't have to wear a tux either. It's an engagement.
Speaker 2: Well, see, I don't know what to wear, so I'm gonna figure it out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to like a Geno's or a men's warehouse and get something nice. And she's worried about what I'm gonna wear. But she also said, what are you gonna do about your face?
Speaker 3: Oh? What are you gonna do about your face? Yeah, we're gonna do put a mask on. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I have the same reaction. I was like, what do you mean? What am I gonna do about my face? I can't do anything about my face.
Speaker 3: What did she mean by that?
Speaker 1: I think she met my my facial hair and like, you know, like she we'll shave that all, Well, I don't know what I'm gonna do, but for your significant other to look you in the face and say, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 2: About your face?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, talk about a humbling moment.
Speaker 3: Wow, what what was your response?
Speaker 2: I said, do whatever I want with my face. I mean, I'm.
Speaker 3: There's a reason I'm not engaged because I would have had a quip that would not have gone.
Speaker 2: Over well and then maybe started.
Speaker 3: I would have been like, what are you gonna do about your big behind? You know, That's what I was.
Speaker 1: No, sh No, you can't attack your significant other after they lay that lay the law down like that.
Speaker 3: So I think you do need to clean it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta do a little like chin, you know, and I'm probably clean this up. So maybe it's just the pencil thin mustache, but you know.
Speaker 3: I get rid of that too. Well, it's it.
Speaker 1: We're in a tough spot. I mean, if we shave, we look like we're eleven. So I mean, yeah, we want to look like an adult for these photos.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like.
Speaker 3: Kind of peach buss hardly makes you look like an adult. To be fair, Now here's the thing, though, you want to dress like you're going out for dinner, like a nice dinner. Okay. I don't think you need a tux. I don't think you need a tie.
Speaker 2: What about a blazer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Drew just went through this. I'm sure he probably did a photo shoot, you know, before he got married. Yeah, didn't did all that. I don't think you have to have like a tux though. I think you just, you know, just dressed nicely as if you were going out for a nice dinner.
Speaker 1: Let's say, okay, well, I'm just not the photos shoot person, Shannon. It's like an hour and a half session of photos.
Speaker 3: God, forget about it. I would say, can we just do one or two?
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna be done five ten minutes, hour and a half. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing, like, what are you gonna do with those pictures? It's gonna like they're gonna narrow it down to like five or six good pictures. It's gonna go in like a little portfolio. Yeah, and it's gonna sit on your mantle and that's all it's gonna be good for. You're not gonna post all these on social media, are you? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, she might post kinder I may not post them all. She may post some, but I mean, Shannon, don't be so cynical for a second. There's gonna be memories made. We're gonna have, you know, photos to look at when we're older.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be cheesy, right, I want cheesy engagement.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they're gonna be something.
Speaker 1: I you know, this is this has been a ride, you know, trying to book you know, venues and and I guess you know, all the people that help you plan it all, it's, you know, just don't get married.
Speaker 3: I haven't. I'm taking your advice. So are we gonna be invited to the wedding? I know we don't get invited to your parties. Are you going to like, you know, have to have to do a cut list where maybe only some of us get invited?
Speaker 1: And still, yeah, you're getting invited. Okay, don't expect if you get a plus one or not?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I mean, like, what are you gonna be serving at this wedding that's gonna be so expensive that I can't bring a plus one? I mean I'm expecting chicken to No, it's not what.
Speaker 1: We're serving, it's how many people are gonna be there. She wants like two hundred and twenty five people there right now, you better book an arena, I'm telling you, man, I'm just like, oh, tell me what you want.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: And then she comes back with two twenty five and engagement photos and it's.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, And you don't have any say so on that. No I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, man, you got to stand up for yourself and have a back bump. But look, this is about her, right The wedding is not about the guy. And I think I'm starting to slowly learn that and maybe you'll learn why.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. It is her day, but I feel like you should have some input. Like I think at some point you gotta draw a line. Like what if she said I want a thous Listen, I said I want a thousand people. Would you say okay, honey, or you say let's back it down to maybe two hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's paying for a thousand people? Oh, we'd have to work that out.
Speaker 3: Why does that work? Isn't that traditionally the is it the bride.
Speaker 1: Usually the brides family. But we are getting no help there, so it's it's oh wow, you know, it's we're we're kind of doing our own thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I won't dig any deeper into why you're not getting any help from bride's family, but well, look, I mean, do they not approve of the husband?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: They that's not the problem.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it's gonna be a great thing, but you know the planning that goes into it, man, I just I you know, it's it hasn't been the most fun. So I'm just gonna say that to you now A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. We'll still have a good time though, five o two two six five six six five six. We've just got one segment to go. I've got an interesting story on how you could claim one hundred dollars from Apple.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: No? But I want one hundred dollars from Now have.
Speaker 2: An Apple device? You can get some money from Apple.
Speaker 3: I've given Apple hundreds of dollars. I feel like they should give me at least one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there's a process to it, so stay tuned, keep it where you got it. We're at Pineville, Kentucky, at the Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival and we will be right back. Welcome back. It is the KSR pre show. Our guy Liam on the ones and twos back in the studio. Thank you, Liam, Shannon the dude Billy Rutledge. A reminder, the NCAA selection show for college baseball is Monday, so we will have a best of on Memorial Day. It is the day after the Illinois when Shannon okay a victorious Monday in which you'll hear the pre show and KSR give a best of. But then on Monday night they have the Kentucky baseball team will see if they make the NCAA tournament. Yes or no, Shan, you think they're in? Yes, I think they are barely right. Sticking with that though, it's.
Speaker 3: You know, the Joe Lonardi at baseball whatever his name is, hasn't projected in, so I'm gonna go with that. But you know they are lipping in, that's for sure. With you know, the loss in the first I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: They just needed one win and they lost four in a row.
Speaker 1: So we will have to wait and see. AI is going to replace Joe Lonardi one.
Speaker 3: Of these days too. Shannon, Oh yeah, for sure, I think it probably already could.
Speaker 2: Probably I mentioned Apple.
Speaker 1: There is a class action lawsuit right now, Shannon, have you did you own an Apple product from September twenty fourteen to December twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Over like a ten year span, you've had probably more than.
Speaker 3: One Apple device, right right? Two or three?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Remember, yeah, you would say hey Siri and it would turn on and start listening to you, right, yep. Well, apparently Siri was listening even when you just didn't say, well, I'm hey Siri.
Speaker 3: Is that a surprise for anyone? Well, we all kind of suspect that.
Speaker 1: Maybe not a surprise, but also highly illegal. So there is a class action lawsuit right now. If you owned an Apple product between twenty fourteen and twenty twenty four if you have the serial number and proof of purchase of your item, you can get twenty five dollars for each item that you have fought, and you can get up to one hundred dollars from Apple.
Speaker 3: You know what, I had several iPhones. I might still have the boxes. Yeah, I don't know why I would have the boxes, but I might have them up in a closet somewhere. So you tell it. You're telling me I've got potentially I'm sitting on one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You could have one hundred dollars from Apple if you find four Apple products that have been secretly spying on you for the last ten years.
Speaker 3: Don't know about you, but I feel like twenty five dollars per person to spy on my life.
Speaker 2: That's that's where I'm on this story.
Speaker 3: I only get twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we've been spying on you for a decade. Here's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the price should be for spying on you twenty four to seven, but I feel like it should be more than twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: They expect only three to five percent of all people affected by this to actually claim the money.
Speaker 3: I think they got another thing coming.
Speaker 2: So like Apple is gonna get off easy on this.
Speaker 3: Now, should take Apple to task. Everybody should do this. Get your twenty five dollars, which again is ridiculous, but you know what, why not? Right? Here's the thing though, They make you jump through so many hoops.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: You trying to get a rebate on something. No, no, my gosh, forget about it.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a Facebook one of these a few years ago and it was and it was just like this, all the hoops that you have to jump through to even get the money, it's almost even not worth it.
Speaker 3: And that's what most people do.
Speaker 2: And that's what they expect you to do, right, is to not do it.
Speaker 3: But see, I would do it just out of spie.
Speaker 2: I love that about you.
Speaker 3: I don't care it's twenty five dollars or if it's two dollars, I'm gonna get my two dollars just because you've been spying on me with Siri the last ten years.
Speaker 2: I think. So, I think you're so have they.
Speaker 3: Fixed that or like what's changed, because I would think that it's probably all still doing the same thing. Like right now, I could probably jump on Facebook and there'll be something about a class action lawsuit against Apple because it's listening to everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I hope they've changed it with all the awareness that they've brought to it. I've just turned it off on my phone. You've got to press a button to even activate Siri. So yeah, uh eight five nine two ao two two eight seven.
Speaker 2: Shann tell me about DraftKings before.
Speaker 3: We leave the Draft Kings Sportsbook promo code KSR. Bet five dollars and if your first bet hits, you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets with Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NBA, with the same game parlays, live bets, player props. It's all there for you on DraftKings Promo code KSR.
Speaker 2: Let's take one quick call before we go.
Speaker 1: I believe Jefferson is on the line. Good morning Jefferson. Just about a minute or so.
Speaker 4: Ay, Billy on how try to be quick? Hey, listen, I'm on the radio down here at fairhol Balabama. I went to Western. My wife is the Western grad. Nice but I'm not on the air today. But we stayed up all night and came up with a demo for Matt's Interrupted show. And I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to you, guys. I don't have Matt's personal number. We we posted it to the bond that Bridge thing on Facebook and Billy I just messaged it, messaged the song to you on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we got our first entry into Yeah Matt's podcast.
Speaker 4: The first entry yeah, it's it's right up, Matt Valley. The singer's name is Megan McMichael. She does a wonderful job. She's done. You can work for here before, but we worked on it because we will look at the first entry so the guys can make that happen. Billy's in your messic box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at it now, Jefferson, thank you for calling in. Well, we'll check out this song. Maybe we can play it on Monday and see if.
Speaker 3: You another Monday. Maybe on Tuesday, that's right, Monday's memorial. There, we'll give it a listen. Well then yeah, we'll give you a listen and send you a twenty page contract saying you're not gonna sue us if we play it. That's right, corlleg Jefferson, we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And if that doesn't work, maybe Shannon and Nallais Blue Gown will create an original song for interrupted.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, maybe maybe not. I'm not sure. I mean, there's so much goes into If you don't have a recording studio, it takes forever. Even if you do, yeah, to write it, then you gotta record it, then you got to mix it. It takes a long time. So maybe we'll let this guy have the theme song.
Speaker 1: We will put it to the test next week. Big thank you everybody that came and watched the KSR pre show this morning. Matt Jones and KSR is next for Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutlers. This has been the KSR pre Show.