Speaker 1: This is a second Date podcast with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And you may have noticed that the title looks like it got screwed up today. Go ahead and email Alexis your complaints.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a mistake.
Speaker 1: This time he didn't fall asleep and push two too many times.
Speaker 2: It's a little different today are we are doing something a little different. We hope you enjoy it. It's brand new.
Speaker 1: We like to try new things out, so always let us know in the comments, because, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: We read them all. We can't respond to every single one, but we read them all.
Speaker 3: What do you see Alexis now Rico and Midnight said a new pickup line I heard about like this right, okay, I watch you pee yeah on a scale of one to ten. Urinate like urinate, oh, urinate?
Speaker 2: And the delivery was pooring.
Speaker 1: Disappointed in that urna that's better your inn.
Speaker 2: You don't love a good urination.
Speaker 4: Please use this on a guy this weekend.
Speaker 1: Alexis are something that my husband I told them a uti joke, so.
Speaker 2: Jo known us about cranberry juice. You know it was fine. We'll get this brand new.
Speaker 4: Sort of get you hot and heavy.
Speaker 2: If you're listening a little different. Second Date up dates started right now.
Speaker 4: We like to shake things up every now and again on this show.
Speaker 5: But no Brook for the four hundredth time, we're not adding roadkill reviews on the tens.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 5: We know the mango chutney raccoon tail tastes amazing, especially if it's microwaves.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can say that without not wanting to talk more about it.
Speaker 4: Get it.
Speaker 5: But this time we're shaking things up by doing an alternate version of our infamous second Date update.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to hear it to believe it. We're doing it. No spoilers, it's coming up next. Second Date Updated.
Speaker 5: When you go on a date with someone and they suddenly break off all communication, no reasons given, that's called being ghosted. Yeah, and that's what our second Date updates are all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just learning the term now you're a little behind it, or I guess we'd also accept the terms breadcrumbing, orbiting, semi orbiting, and getting semi trucked, which is that's what happened to me off Exit sixteen last Friday, got eighteen wheeled within an each of.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You were disappointed though, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: The happiest I've been in YU.
Speaker 5: But what about the people that are past the first or second date but not quite into an exclusive relationship yet?
Speaker 4: Oh, you're like in the situationship.
Speaker 2: It's still ghosting though, isn't It's just like worse right.
Speaker 5: The thing is, we didn't really have an outlet a segment on this show to help them with that until today, really, because we're about to do our first ever twenty second date update. People who've been seeing someone for like a month or so and now suddenly it's not going well and they need our help, Okay, and that's why our listener Brittany emailed saying the guy that she's been hanging out with has been acting a little distant. She can't figure it out. So, Brittany, welcome to the show. I know this is a little bit different than our second date updates, So let's just start with what's the name of the guy? Are you two like in contact with each other? Now we're not in contact, Like, what's the situation?
Speaker 7: So his name is Mark. Okay, we've been dating for about a month and a half. Now we're not living with each other. It's my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that after a month and a half you're going to move in.
Speaker 7: I'm just letting you know that's kind of where we are. We're not at the stage to move in at all.
Speaker 4: Girlfriend, then like officially.
Speaker 7: I think, so, I no, you're not just.
Speaker 4: Going to tell you you haven't had the official talk yet?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, Like I've deleted my dating app, and he says that he was not going to be on the dating app either. Here's here's how we're going right now. Starting off awesome of course, as most new relationships do. But lately we haven't been hanging out as much at night. Like before we'd like go on night dates or maybe I'd have a little stay over or something like that. And now it's not as much at night.
Speaker 2: I mean, doesn't that happen?
Speaker 8: Like after like a month or so, it's like, all right, now we see each other maybe twice a week instead of five days away.
Speaker 2: No, I think usually it goes the opposite. Usually, if you're really into something or someone sorry or something.
Speaker 5: Stay extra club, you end up spending more time at their place than you do at your own place.
Speaker 4: If it's progressing.
Speaker 1: Well, Brittany would have been moved in by now, but that's not happening.
Speaker 4: He seems to be distancing.
Speaker 7: Himself right Like, I'm just getting these red flags, like not at the point where I have his phone pasthward, so I can't really look at what these texts are about. But I do notice that he is texting with a girl who has the same name as his ex.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, it's a little shady. Have you like brought that fact up to him that you've seen the messages coming from someone with his ex's name.
Speaker 7: Well, I haven't said anything because I don't want to rock the boat and cause problems because it's so fresh and so early in this relationship. I just have been getting a feeling that he's like hiding something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, how is all of this affecting you, like emotionally, because if it was me and I was seeing X text coming in, I would have air tagged all of his stuff right now.
Speaker 2: Why are you not just asking him?
Speaker 1: I don't understand to be paranoid without getting an answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, yeah, I mean why aren't you doing that?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not because I just don't want to lose him, Because I really like him, and so I don't want to create this confrontation in case it's like, oh my gosh, my sister's name is the same as my act Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that's probably gonna be his sister's names after.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And like, where at the point where we're like, oh my gosh, you want a dog, I want a dog. Let's get a dog together? Not right now, but like.
Speaker 1: Sounds like we're getting a little quick into this relationship.
Speaker 4: You guys are moving through stages.
Speaker 8: Even when you guys both stop going on dating sites, that's another stage tours.
Speaker 2: But you can't ask him a question, but you want to live together and get a dog?
Speaker 4: Let me see what she's doing.
Speaker 5: She's like considering how he would take the conversation. He might feel attact if she's like, why am I getting these texts? Why aren't we living together yet? Where's our dog?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: Though, I mean, where's our doctor?
Speaker 1: That feels a lot more simple than having us intervene. What do you want us to do about it?
Speaker 7: I I don't know. I just I don't like confrontations, and I don't want to make things worse and really need your help to just figure it out. Where I don't say something stupid to his face.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: I mean you are the professionals.
Speaker 5: The professional confrontational people, professional comedian lady.
Speaker 4: I'm not here for dating.
Speaker 2: Okay, you may end up getting hurt here.
Speaker 1: He just sounds like he may not be as interested as yet.
Speaker 2: I don't say that to be mean, but Barley, I mean.
Speaker 7: That might be hard for me to hear, but if he's feeling that way, then I would like to hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's fair.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I mean normally, when we would do second date updates, we're asking about the date when we're talking to the person on the other line. This is going to be different with a twenty second date update. We're going to call him and confront him about the relationship issues that he doesn't know that his girlfriend has with his back front.
Speaker 2: Such a strong word, Okay, it's politely asked.
Speaker 5: Will politely poke his brain and try and get some answers for why he's suddenly becoming more distant in your new relationship. When we come back and give you your first ever twenty second date.
Speaker 4: Update, what folder do we put this in on the podcast?
Speaker 5: It's a typo, Okay, it's all a Lexis's fault.
Speaker 4: Let me come back right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, we're doing our first ever twenty second date update with our listener Brittany, who's been seeing a guy named Mark for the last six weeks or so, even though they're not officially labeled his boyfriend and girlfriend. They have agreed to get off the apps and try to focus more on each other. Brittany doesn't really feel like he's been doing that, though, especially not lately. He seems to be going out more at nights, acting more distant from her, and the really big red flag that stood out to her is he's been getting text messages from a woman with the same name as his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It does not feel like a coincidence. N Yeah, say everything else.
Speaker 4: Can we give her a benefit of least? She's not like it's his ex. She's like trying to be optimistic.
Speaker 5: Because she can't read the text messages because he hasn't shared his passing. The bottom line, a lot of concerns on her side, and she personally hates confrontation doesn't want to risk the relationship in that way, so she's asked us to step in and try to investigate for.
Speaker 2: Her, because the one thing we love is confrontation.
Speaker 5: I know we're trying to keep it light here with you, Brittany, but I know you must be going through a lot emotionally right now before we make the call.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm a little stressed, but I mean I gotta find out before we keep going. You know.
Speaker 2: Just remember, you're like eight weeks into this thing.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it does feel like a lot, but you're gonna look back and be like, oh that oh that guy, I forgot about it.
Speaker 5: Actually, she's six weeks into it. Let's not like a relationships.
Speaker 2: Your friends aren't gonna remember this guy.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's not as serious as it feels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best way to say it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure. I just I just really like him and I'm hoping that it's something.
Speaker 2: Really like And we hope that too for you.
Speaker 5: Yes we do, but not for the not for the show drama. Let's just see what happens for our very first twenty second date update.
Speaker 4: Still really doing this. We're branding it.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey is this Mark?
Speaker 6: This is Mark hey Man, thanks for.
Speaker 5: Picking up the phone. We're actually a radio show. We're called Broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark, what's up?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm laughing because I'm curious how jeff is going to explain why we're calling you?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm sorry? What what is this?
Speaker 5: So this is a segment we do for the very first time. It's called a twenty second date update.
Speaker 4: It rolls right off the tongue.
Speaker 6: Wait, I'm sorry, what what is happened? I feel like I do you guys mean to call me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, we've been asked to call you by the woman that you're seeing lately, a woman named Brittany.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he called you, guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because she really likes you.
Speaker 5: But bottom line is, she's noticed some differences. She feels like you've been a little bit more distant, going out more at nights than you used to.
Speaker 6: Uh huh uh huh okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe not as interested in her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And judging from that response, I can't see why she would think that. But uh, there's also a big problem that she's noticed with your text messages.
Speaker 4: She's not reading them.
Speaker 2: Because she saw a name pop up on your.
Speaker 4: Phone, but in a non confrontational type of way.
Speaker 5: When you say the word confrontational, doesn't take it away.
Speaker 2: Okay, just tell him, tell him the name.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know the name.
Speaker 6: But why doesn't she just talk to me about it?
Speaker 2: We asked her the exact same.
Speaker 1: You would think that would be the first step if she is very scared of rocking the boats.
Speaker 5: Because she really values this relationship, this blossoming potential relationship that you two have, and doesn't want to create an issue if there isn't one.
Speaker 4: So is there one?
Speaker 8: I mean, look, there's a couple of things she doesn't know, but I don't think it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, she did say that you guys both deleted your dating naps, right, Does that mean that you're only seeing her or you still seeing other people?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, I'm only seeing her.
Speaker 8: Okay, but I am technically seeing an ex girlfriend?
Speaker 2: What seeing I've only seen her?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, but dat you need to explain, dude.
Speaker 6: It's not romantic. It's just I don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: How are you somehow a victim in this?
Speaker 8: You don't have a Oh no, no, no, it's just I split custody of our French bulldog, so I.
Speaker 6: Have to like coordinate with her like the crop offs. Every other week, that's why? Is that all? No, that's all.
Speaker 2: How would she not know that you have a dog every other week? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, the thing is I don't have actual custody. I just have visitation rights.
Speaker 2: That's so late.
Speaker 7: On a second, let me let me clarify.
Speaker 4: So hold on wait sorry Brittany.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's Brittany that she's on the other line listening to this phone call.
Speaker 2: Suddenly she's really good at confrontation.
Speaker 7: No, I just need a little bit of clarification. So what you're saying is that you're ditching me to hang out with the dog and your old doggy mama.
Speaker 6: I mean, why.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't you tell me this? Why have you been hiding this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I was going to tell you.
Speaker 8: I just I didn't know how to and I didn't know if it was like weird or if you think it was like normal or weird.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know how to tell you.
Speaker 1: You only have visitation rights at night because it's the night.
Speaker 2: Then you're not hanging out with Brittany.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's visitation on Wednesday nights.
Speaker 4: You're tucking the dog in.
Speaker 6: You're not going and see another girls, are you? No? No, I'm not I'm not and isn't.
Speaker 2: Inviting you to stay the night on Wednesday nights? Issue?
Speaker 8: No, No, It's like I don't even go inside if I can avoid it. I just go in the backyard with the dog and like play for a few hours.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Like I literally found a chewed up tennis ball in your jacket, Like what is.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's legit? Like he's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean i'd put my pet before a girl I met for six weeks.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, I mean, Brittany, now that you've heard that, how does that make you feel? Does that make you feel better about the situation?
Speaker 7: I feel weird because you lie to me and secretly sharing custody of a dog with your ex.
Speaker 6: Which I'm sorry I lied.
Speaker 8: But I mean it's just, you know, it's hard to be a good single dog parent and do what's the best interest of my dog son.
Speaker 2: I think, Brittany, I think you gotta let this one slide a little bit. It sounds really sweet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I do have to say, I mean, in the interest of full disclosure, I actually don't share a custody of just one.
Speaker 6: I actually share has to be two dogs, two different women.
Speaker 7: Oh geez, what all is a.
Speaker 1: Real confused Do you remember Brittany told us that they were talking about getting a dog.
Speaker 7: You're gonna say, like, if we got a dog and we broke up, you're gonna have three doggy mommies, and why we're.
Speaker 4: Better with dogs and women, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know because he's not getting full custody of a dog.
Speaker 2: Are you just trying to be a part time dog owner?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: No, I'm just trying to do right by my children, I mean my dog's children.
Speaker 7: Like if my life's supposed to be doggy stepmom, now cute.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a French it's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: That is cute.
Speaker 8: I mean I would love for you to meet at least one of them at.
Speaker 2: Some soon, some point.
Speaker 1: You don't want to rush introducing your children to a new relationship.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: Don't traumatize those dogs for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 7: I mean, they will end up loving me better than their original mom.
Speaker 4: So I'm never going to get into a custody battle. Like, I don't know. This is getting kind of messy now, man, this isn't good.
Speaker 1: Okay to suggest if you guys are to stay in this relationship. Let's hold off on getting another dog.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 5: But Brittany, now that the whole situation is laid out, you know he's not cheating on you.
Speaker 4: Do you feel better about the situation? Like, where's your head at?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's good, it's kind of sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean no, it's not a second date update. We're not offering to send them out again. You guys are going to agree to continue data.
Speaker 2: Why can't we said about a date?
Speaker 8: Yeah, why can't you send us on a date for the dog?
Speaker 4: And then the doggies mom?
Speaker 5: And like, there's there's too many moving parts in that a dog friendly You two can just go to a free dog park together and talk things out there.
Speaker 7: Perfect, Maybe the dog mom will let you take the dog to a dog's heart.
Speaker 8: I have to put in a request two months ahead of time, so that's gonna be wild.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well.
Speaker 2: What did you do in that relationship?
Speaker 5: Well, at least we have some clarification. That's what we came here to do. So best of luck to the two of you in your developing situation.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much, thanks for helping with confrontation.
Speaker 4: This is a lot still for a couple.
Speaker 5: That's not official, Yes, and we'll come back in a few weeks to get our forty second date up with you to figure out where you are with your dogs.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Now for me, and for I think everybody in the room. That was weirdly kind of sweet to hear that.
Speaker 4: But some people might.
Speaker 5: Say, though, it's a red flag that the person you're dating has multiple doggy mama drama and has already suggested adopting a third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: At sweet with one, and then when we got to two, I'm like, dude, what are you doing right?
Speaker 5: I mean, eventually her nights are going to be fully booked up visiting all these baby doggies, not to mention having to go and for their birthdays and their piano recitals.
Speaker 1: And I really think that he has kind of an inflated idea of how important he is to the dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with his visitations once a week, once a week with it. So if she decides to stick with it, it's going to be quite a commitment from her.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if she really realizes what she's signing up for. You.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you they're going to email us back in three months and they're going to have a dog, and then another six months and then they're gonna be broken up.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a cycle. This man's in a psycle. And we didn't even ask him about cats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or grand baby dogs that he has to deal with too.
Speaker 2: We got to span new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: So what a thing she really needs to be signing up for is our YouTube channel. You can help you subscribe to it and that I'm not going to help her in a relationship, but we would love to have you. We have all of our content up on our YouTube page at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Go subscribe, like, and comment some sexy things about us.