Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper.
Speaker 3: Vb Are you ready? When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three, Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Today and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Wednesday here on the show. You know that means? You don't know what that means? Well, we'll have the usual. We gotta talk about NXT last night, which I actually think was the greatest NXT television show but they've ever ran. I had some people to make a couple of other suggestions, but in general, it's pretty much agreed this was the best NXT television show they ever had. And joining us to talk about that show today, Lance Storm. Lance has got to do a lot of traveling for TNA this coming week and so he can do the regular show, and so therefore Mike Simperviv's got the day off and Lance will join us a talk about the NXT show, which had a bunch of NXT TNA matches on it, so that will be cool, So we'll talk about that as well as the dynamite A lineup for tonight. We know a little more than we knew yesterday. They're basically going to start a new tournament. So if you're a fan of tournaments, if you're a fan of CMLL have I got this show for you, So we'll talk about that, plus Collision at Viewership and Stephanie's places. She's got a new podcast on ESPN. Plus we'll tell you who all of the guests were gonna be as she travels around asking all of these questions and such. We got some possible future matches for NXT coming off Roadblock. We'll tell you about Julia and what is up with her, and plenty more. If you want Texas here today fourty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six f f W online at gmail dot com I'm f for w online Threads, Instagram and cameo at Brian Albarez on x and Blue Sky back in the moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's have a little fund.
Speaker 5: You use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 4: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: So, these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 4: It's easy to remember. One eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 5: That's one eight hundred buy b l ue and thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: The Columbia Interchange System was revolutionary when It was designed over forty years ago and it's still breaking ground to this day, featuring three and one jackets that adapt to fluctuating weather patterns to keep you warm, dry, and protected no matter what whatever the weather. Interchange is there shop interchange jackets and more at Columbia dot com.
Speaker 7: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finished their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Called Duran's Publishing right now.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 9: For decades, America's offshore oil industry has relied on Portfouschaw On Louisiana. But now as Win Energy continues to grow, many of these vessels, these companies, these people are building and servicing the offshore wind industry, moving equipment, installing turbines, transporting crews.
Speaker 4: It's a huge opportunity and we're proud to be a part of that.
Speaker 7: US Offshore Wind has already announced over twenty five billion dollars in infrastructure investments.
Speaker 1: Learn more at cleanpower dot org, sponsored by the American Clean Power Association.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer alive. Land Storm is joining us here today, and before we go to Land should mention it's Wednesday. It's Wednesday here on the show, and that means that after this show there's an hour break and then at two Pacific five Eastern it will be after dark radio today, and we do have a guest. I texted the guest. Everything seems to be all right today. I'm like the last guest who has been rescheduled by the way, but now they have to wait till the anime. But the Reverend Bill Bean is going to be on the show today. He's actually been on Coast to Coast I think twice last year. And we're going to talk about exorcisms and demons and such. So that'll be two Pacific five Eastern today. And if you listen to the show and you have any questions, you can always send questions to me to ask the guests the referend to Bill Bean, and you can send those to Brian at after Dark radioshow dot com. That is Brian at after Dark Radioshow dot com. And I will never forget I was listening to Coast to Coast. I can't remember who the guest was was years ago. I might have been listening with a Vinie in the car in fact, and George Nori was promoting the show and he was gonna he was gonna head to the commercial break or whatever, and he goes coming up next giants, demons and other issues on coast to coast, am, I thought other issues? Is that how you describe this giants, demons and other issues. I never thought of giants and demons being issues, but when you really think about it, and a haunted house can be an issue.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about that todays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would be in. That would be a big issu when you think about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe his take on Finn Balor.
Speaker 1: I could maybe. You know, we always have these guests and I'm like, oh man, they're gonna ask me, you know, ask some wrestling question or whatever, and I'm never gonna ask a wrestling question. And then, like you know, three quarters of the way through the interview, turns out the guy's a wrestling fan. So if that comes up with Reverend Bill Bean, maybe I will ask about doing a demon gimmick in wrestling. Is that a good idea to do a demon gimmick? We'll find out, all right. I guess we got to talk about the NXT show last night. I'll do the full review at the end of the show here. But Lance, you watched it, and uh, you don't watch all the NXT, so I guess I can't ask you the question if it was the greatest NXT TV show of all time, But I guess I could ask was the best one you've ever seen?
Speaker 3: I would have to go back to compare, but it was fantastic. It certainly had the feel more of a plee than a weekly television show. I thought the theater at Mattis Square Garden looked incredible. It looked like a great venue, a lot of fun, and it just felt like big match after big match and a lot of the backstage, high school esque tomfoolery that I'm usually not a big fan of seemed to be in short supply, and I really enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: You know, I've now determined that now that we've seen NXT and an AW go on the road and start running these smaller buildings, I'm all for it. Like we've seen the same thing on some of these Dynamite shows. I mean, we talked about how they needed to run smaller buildings, and then it was around the time they ran the Hammerstein Ballroom, and it just looks so awesome, that Hammerstein Ballroom, and you know, it was got me thinking, what's the problem. Like obviously, you know, there's the ego aspect. We'd rather run buildings and small, you know, but if you take that out of the equation and you just talk about like, you know, forget forget the ego, what are the fans watch when they're watching on television. These buildings are awesome, dude. And there's a lot of there's not like identical Hammerstein ballrooms, but like there's a lot of cool ballrooms and and and we've seen them the theater Madison Square, Guard and that thing looked awesome. That place looked great. A lot of these Dynamite shows have looked great.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: They ran an NXT house show in Seattle, and I think it was like the Paramount Theater something in Seattle, you know, not a very big theater. They run like plays there or whatever. But this was the coolest building. It wasn't on TV, but it was just we went there live. So I'm all for these these small buildings. But it was a it was a great show. They had five matches. Every match I thought was great. And I guess the big stories I get. I'll go over the results. Yeah, let's talk about the show now, why not? So yeah, whatever it opened up with, Oh but if I mean, it's bigger news than like what Stephanie's talking about on our podcast. So the opener was The Hardies versus Zaxiem and Nathan Fraser TNA tag team titles. I mean, this was a great match. It was like big dive, Big dive, Big dive, big dive by the baby Faces. Early, Hardy's cut him off. Baby Faces make that big comeback. They try a dive again, this time Fraser gets a side effect on the floor. Hardy's hit their plot twist, which is one of my favorite double team moves. And then finally, Axiom tries a drop kick, accidentally hits his partner, and then Matt hits Axiom with the twist of fate. Jeff hits a sent on, crushed poor Fraser, pinned him and a big Hardy chance. Afterwards, they retained the TNA titles on an NXT show and the Hardys did an interview afterwards and they want a shot at the NXT tag team titles, so that could happen, I guess on an NXT show, But I thought this match was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the Hardys. They're like one of the best teams to work because they're so over their stuff still works, and Axiom and Fraser are fantastic and just to be technical, they were in fact going for their high low combo move when Axium accidentally hit Fraser with the dropkick into the finish. This was so much fun and I would imagine based on their age, I would imagine Nathan Fraser and Axiom were pretty damn excited to get to wrestle the Hardy Boys because they would have been probably fans back when the Hardy Boys were doing their initial run in WW.
Speaker 1: This guy here in the chests is time to break up for Axiom. I can't think of a worse idea because here's the thing. Yeah, have they done all they can do in NXT?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably? But what are we gonna do here, like break them up and call them up to the main roster as singles. That sounds like a terrible idea. If they've done all they can do as a team in NXT, then they should be brought up as a team to the main roster because we got a lot of teams and you know, it's not like you want to do the motor seam machine guns. Have them go NXT and then break them up and then call them up to the main roster. That was the whole problem I've had with Chase You. It's like, why didn't they at least try calling up Chase You instead they broke them up in NXT. It was the hottest act they had. And then they fired Duke and then we haven't seen thea. We haven't seen Riley, We rarely see Andre Chase. It's like they were all stronger as Chase You, and they would have been way better off at least trying it as Chase You on the main roster. But no, do not break these men up. Break up, break up Theory and Waller.
Speaker 3: Give me these two guys against the MotorCity machine Guns for like, you know, a dozen matches. Please, bro look at all.
Speaker 1: The teams they've got, the war Raiders, you know good? A match with these two against the war Raiders would be.
Speaker 3: I have to hang out before you go any further. I have to put over the opening of the speed match between Ivar and.
Speaker 1: The opening of it. It was only three minutes.
Speaker 3: Yes, but the Fry Takayama spot has been copied ten million times and in my opinion, never really looks all that good. This is the greatest version of the Fry Takiyama spot since Fry Takeyama. It was fantastic. These two guys looked like they were just punching each other right in the face. None of these punching them in the rear deltoid stuff. This was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, knowing these two men as possible, they were punching each other as hard as they could right in the face to recreate that spot. And I guess I is not really a spoiler because I mean whatever, but Ivar is challenging for the Speed title. He's gone all the way, so uh hopefully he wins. He beat Uh Dominic Mysterio and so it is Ivar versus Dragon Lee coming up in this Speed of finals. So there you go, all right. Then we had Uh Jada and Mickey James having a meeting. Sounds like Jada is going to be next in line for Stephanie for both of her titles, and they're they're teasing that for many a weekend. We had Stax, Luca and Rizzo backstage and there's going to be a six man next week and Tony d is like, how come he didn't add me to the sixth man, and Stack says, listen, it was my fault. You lost that match last week. The title. I need to handle this, and Tony says, well, you didn't cost me the match, but if you want to handle it, go for it. So Stax has taken the lead after all these years of the Inner Moss and we had Rock Sand and Jordan Grace, which I thought was also an excellent match, great heat and ended up with Roxane working her leg over the entire match. Clips knee head scissors, DDT, goes up top, mister frog splash, they go back and forth, and finally there's a backfitt rolling DDT made in Japan. Jordan pins her clean as a rock. Sand's on her way out. Great match we'll talk about with Lance half of the Break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I guess that Jordan rox Sand match also a number one contenders match, so we got her and Jada fight for that Spot's what it looks like to me, Lance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself Jordan wasn't a TNA person in another interpromotional match, because I've been working with her for the last few years in TNA, so very happy for her success. I thought the match was really good and I'm looking forward to whenever she does face the winner of the main event of this show. Not to spoil the show that already happened.
Speaker 1: And we had Undertaker her meeting with Oba Femi. They fist bumped and then Gully g We had Oba Femi and Moose for the NXT title. Some of those matches where like they they didn't even do like an angle. It was like Moose was in the ring. He called out those nerds, which, by the way, they beat that guy up a month ago. There's been no follow up. Now they're beating up other dudes. But Oba Femi called out those geeks and then outcomes Moose and all they had to do was just look at each other and everybody was going nuts, going crazy. It's all you need to do. They had a contract signing or whatever. They that press conference, they you know nothing, They did nothing to build this match. They didn't need to. We just wanted to see it.
Speaker 3: We did on TNA. We did some tremendous build. Listen to the Vinny V show that went up yesterday. He put it over that on our site. It is on Wrestling Observer dot go I four w online dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, on the actual NXT show, they didn't do anything, but everyone was really excited for it. So anyway, I was excited going in. I was like, this match is gonna be awesome, and it was better. It was actually better than I expected it to be. It over delivered in my eyes, and just two hosses. This freakin' Oba Femei is so strong, like he is throwing Moose around and some of this stuff. It's like, you know, sometimes the guy goes up for you, sometimes he doesn't. You just get it. And that's what happened here, catching him like it's nothing, throwing him around like it's nothing, and all sorts they had. They had the most simple spot. It was Moose hits a super plex and he's gonna roll through into another one or a falcon Ra or whatever like Seth Rollins does, and he goes for it and Oba just reverses it into just a regular suplex. And this place went nuts for that spot. So finally at the end, Moose spears him, Oba kicks out, goes for another spear, pop up, power bomb one two three, total simple finish.
Speaker 3: It was great, Yes, and you are correct. Oba is a very strong person. I would quote what Moose said about him, but we are on terrestrial radio, so I cannot use the adjectives Moose used when he described how strong Oba Femi was to me. But yeah, it's fun when you get two very similar people going in there. And I think that's why you didn't need a ton of hype. These are two big bad men that with both the same size, and people wanted to see them fight and it was fantastic. And like you say, Oba got the upper hand on this evening, but this was a lot of fun. You know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because I was watching Collision last Saturday and momo Wa Nabe was going to get a match with Serena deeb and she's had zero match momos had zero matches on any aew television show like television. If you're watching the television show Rampage when it existed, Collision Dynamite, she'd had zero matches ever, Okay, so they put her in the ring with Serena deep and for reasons unknown, they went fifty to fifty. But that's not the issue here. The issue is that crowd, that Collision crowd. It was like very clear that they didn't have any idea who Momo what name was. And you know, you'll have certain people that will appear on aw television from New Japan or whatever, and you know, the fans will know who they are pretty pretty quickly, but not all of them. There's a lot of people who, you know, the majority of the audience that paid tickets to go to the show, they don't know who these guys are. But man, I don't know what it is with TNA. But Moose showed up and he's never been on NXT before, he's never been on WWE television. But that very first appearance, not this match, the very first appearance of him, that place went crazy for that guy. And it's been like that with other people who have come from TNA as well. So it's it's kind of it's amazing because you think that aw w'd be the audience know everybody, but their audience has changed, and you know, for whatever reason, this NXT audience is very, very familiar with TNA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Henry got a big reaction, Yeah, Joe Hendry, and not just the rumbled itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we add the deal with Fallon screaming about her title rematch and uh and she gets blown off again this Ava and then Ricky Ricky Saints walks up he wants a match with Ridge and as like, sure, go for it, no problem. I'm like, wow, Fellon, she is getting screwed here. And then Ethan Page walks up and says, nobody here wants an outsider. Ethan Page Chavon Evans street fight. This is another great match, this Javon Evans. Actually, I mean Ethan Page is awesome. Ethan Page can have a great match with anybody, and Javon is like so much better than his push, although by the grace of God he actually won. Wrapped the chair around Ethan's neck, springboard cutter got the pin. This was the best match they had together. It was an excellent street fight. I mean it was like great match, but like not too crazy. Nobody got hurt whole deal.
Speaker 3: And what the finish was excellent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, like you know, I've been I've been begging for them to do something with Javan and they they then you know, when they when they set him up with this this feud with Page, it was like, you know, Page broke his face or whatever, and everybody was like, oh, man, Brian's gonna be so mad. I wasn't mad at all. I was like, Okay, here's a guy, a former NXT champion who's gonna put him over in the end. Like it was great. I liked this whole feud. I thought it was awesome, and I like to see the finish. But man, when those lights went out and Javan gets his big win and a street fight over Ethan Page and who should show up with the bookworm and his three buddies, I was like, no, please, God help me. Not Javon versus these geeks. That's not a step up, that's a step down. So anyway, I like the match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Page was really great. He's the perfect opponent in a lot of ways for Javon because he's not a guy whose appeal and his strength is his Arsona's move. So he's not out there trying to, you know, go fifty to fifty with moves. He's playing a traditional heel and just being an obnoxious jerk and letting Javon do all of the exciting great stuff like that dive that just about cleared everybody and everything. And so it's a really great balance because Ethan knows how to get heat and not have to try to also be fifty percent of the excitement of the match. He let Javon be the excitement and he was the heater and the catcher. It was really great.
Speaker 1: Well, we had Sean Spears new group. They're the Culling. They trademarked at a while ago, and I know who the Culling is. They're gonna be Culling Geeks, That's what it appears to me. Had an Eddie Thorpe promo. He's attacked by Trick. They had a good brawl and then like the main event was Stephanie and Julia winner take all North American and the women's title. And I mean they had a rush. They were rushing through this match because it's not a pl they can't have an overrun. It's gotta be done by the top of the hour. And man, it was just boom boom boom. So Julia, there are there are two things going on. There is some minor I was told visa issue, and there's also an injury which is listed internally as quote undisclosed, so I don't know what it is. But she shouldn't look like she was hurt. I mean, they were just this was probably, I think maybe the best match he's had since she came to XT and probably of all the matches she's had the closest to one of her stardom matches. And they're just doing all sorts of crazy stuff. They're doing butterfly souplexes off the top, one hundred miles an hour, and then finally Stephanie had two super kicks, two cradle backbreakers where they call that move, and pinder and won the title. And I don't think it's the knee. People are trying to guess what it is. I don't think it's her knee, but anyway, they let her do the match and she looked great. But now she's gone for a while, so hopefully she's back soon enough. But Stephanie Double Champion celebrated. They were just shooting off that confetti when they had a rush off the air. But it looks like we got at least a couple of challengers for Stephanie. But that match was also great. Everything on this everything on the show is great top to bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really was. And obviously the injury can't be too much because the woman was working really hard and not showing any signs. I would suspect that if the visa issue, which often requires you to leave the country for the final processing to come back in, might be a case of Hey, if you're going to be off for a couple of weeks for that, why don't you deal with whatever nagging, minor annoyance you have? Because clearly she wasn't hampered physically in this match. This was quite.
Speaker 1: Goodem on with more Observer Live.
Speaker 10: When you switched to Progressive, you could save bundling your home in auto. Then you could put that money towards some of the surprise more expensive things in life.
Speaker 7: Attention passengers, We've reached a thousand feet and Internet is now available for purchase. I just paid hundreds for this fight and you can't even throw an Internet. I'll just take the free pretzels. Sorry, but I do have snack boxes for sale.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to sleep in that case.
Speaker 7: We are selling pillows and blankets as well. I'll just breathe. That's free, right.
Speaker 10: Life costs a lot, so bundlin you could save with Progressive. Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Appliet another insurance and not available in all seats.
Speaker 11: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID relief programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayers savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of fewer tax problems.
Speaker 8: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine oh oh three nine eight hundred nine four nine three nine eight hundred nine four nine ohoh three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 12: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with, even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money.
Speaker 5: So call the Life Insurance quote line right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio? Bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts, hauntings, cryptids, true crime? After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarezer's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byeline USA.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Out and Mike Simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Hey man, that after Dark sounds awesome, giants, demons and other issues. I hear, yes, it's you have two Pacific five Eastern today. Everybody two Pacific five Eastern. Have any questions for the Reverend Bill Bean, send them to me Brian at after Dark Radio Show dot com and we'll ask some on the air. And that exciting. All right, we got some We have some news here where to even begin? So aw now has four things announced for the show tonight, and they are these Kenny Omega speaks, mjff speaks, Orange Cassidy versus Etchi Sero, and the Beast Mortas versus multiple question Marks.
Speaker 3: All right, that's part of that tournament.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna get to that. That's not much of a lineup right now, coming off that awesome pay per view this weekend. So that's all we know. They're doing a tournament. They're doing an aw international title eliminator tournament. So tonight are the Orange Cassidy Atchi Sero matches and Beast Morteos versus question Mark. And then we've got next week Ricochet versus Sabada and Mark Risco versus Mark Davis. And then the winners are in a four way on the nineteenth and on the sixth at the aw Dynasty pay per view. This is on pay per view. It will be Kenny Omega versus the winner. So Kenny Omega versus Orange Cassidy or Atchi Sero or Morteo's or question Mark Ricochet, Shabata, Mark Briscoe or Mark Davis's gonna be Mark Davis. So everyone thinks Kenny Omega versus Mark Davis for the International title on pay per view. Well that's the tournament, and uh that's what we know for tonight. It's amazing because we actually know, uh, we actually know the exact same number of matches already for next week's NXT, which is Trick williams Eddie Thorpe for the h In an NXT underground match, we got Chelsea Green versus Soul Ruca, so Chelsea is giving Soul a shot at the US title after Soul Ruka Pinder in a tag match. Last week, Ricky Saints faces Ridge Holland, and we have the Family versus the Culling Stax, Luca and Rizzo against the Virgin Driver and is he Dame? That's sad match.
Speaker 3: So there you go, oh, they come to think of it, it's not really a tournament as much as four qualifiers for a four way number one contenders match.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a tournament, you see, Not really. I knew I knew you would find a way to question whether it was called a tournament or not. What is a tournament? Lance? It's not that you want me to ask, chat GPT. Sure, okay, we got nothing else to do here today, let's do it. Hey, what is a tournament? I always start with hey, so you know we seem friendly me and chat GPT. Hey, chat GPT says a tournament is a competition where individuals or teams compete against each other in a series of matches to determine a winner. So that's fine, not really, Yes, series of.
Speaker 3: Matches, series, a series ends, there's four singles matches and they just have a four way it's a qualifier for a four We.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a series of matches. No, yeah, because a four way is a match.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yes, but it's a difference, so it's not a series. It's now different types of matches.
Speaker 1: What kind of tournament are you curious about? Asks chat GPT. Oh, I'll ask, what would you call a tournament where there are four singles matches leading to a four way match to determine a winner. Let's see how smart this thing is. Now, I'll bet chat GP ain't gonna know what's going on. It sounds like a four way final tournament or a fatal four way tournament. Look at that. Yeah, it's not though four singles matches. The winner of these matches advance. The setup combines elements of a single elimination tournament with a multi competitor final, which is common in wrestling and combat sports. It is called a fatal four way tournament or a dorway elimination at tournament. So Lance you stand corrected. No, I don't by chat GPT.
Speaker 3: Because chat GPT is it's a robott the Internet where people are mistakingly calling stuff like this as a tournament. Look at that, Look at that, garbage in, garbage out, terrible.
Speaker 1: Saturday's collision with no WWE competition was up twenty nine point six percent, three and sixty three thousand viewers and a point one zero so, uh, not much else to add. They do better when there's not wrestling competition. I think we've learned.
Speaker 3: That, especially giant ple competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't do too well against those big shows, all right, So I guess we got to talk about it. Stephanie's Places. She's got a new podcast on ESPN Plus every Wednesday through May twenty eighth, So I guess you can just download it as soon as the clock switches over something. It's not like I guess it's not obviously live. They seem to be all pre taped, I guess. So here are the episodes. March twenty sixth. The first episode CM punk. Oh no, I'm sorry, No, it is the return of cmpunk, I see it. So sometimes she interviews more than one person. Okay, So episode one, she will first visit her husband Triple H at the new WWE headquarters, and then she will head to Cleveland for SummerSlam, where she meets up with cmpunk. So this was taped nine months ago or whatever is shocking returned to the ring, and then the April second show, she will meet with Cody Rhoades at Center Stage in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: What are they doing at Center Stage?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just the home of WCW, So I'm gonna meet him there. Yeah, she'll talk about his unique path to WWE stardom. How much of that path you think they're gonna talk about and what he envisions as his legacy. I actually can't wait for Stephanie to interview Cody at center stage about his unique path. Then we've got April ninth, Stephanie visits the Performance Center and meets up with Rhea Ripley and Sean Michaels. She will talk with Rihah about some stuff, and later Rhea surprises Stephanie with a dramatic makeover to prepare for a wild entrance. Yes, yes, that reminds me Lance, you were a trainer. So there was an interview with Sean Michaels. I don't have any idea where, but the point is he was talking about the Performance Center and getting people ready for the main roster and this and that, and he said, in his opinion, the women do better than the men as far as like getting up to speed. They get up to speed faster. Did you find that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would say that, but I would say that a higher percentage of the women that came to me picked it up and had an aptitude, like a much higher percentage success rate. I think perhaps women are a little more realistic than men. So you have a lot more of the oh my goodness, why did they think they would be a professional wrestler? I would say the majority of those are dudes, but I certainly had a very high percentage of successful women, so maybe they do pick it up better.
Speaker 1: And we've got April sixteenth, Stephanie Spence a day with Steve Austin at the Broken Skull Ranch to learn about how he became stone Cold and his life after WWE. That to end their day with Stephanie experiencing Steve's newest adventure, off road racing. It's gonna be one of those things that, like, I'm gonna end up loving these podcasts. Then we got episode five Charlotte Flair. Stephanie meets with the Queen Charlotte Flair at Nassau Coliseum by the evolution of women in WWE, and then they take a helicopter to MetLife to relive her epic WrestleMania thirty five arrival. Interesting, I hear they're no longer calling seth Rawlins freaking? Is that true? That would be That would be almost the best news involving seth Rowlins that I could hear.
Speaker 3: Apparently they've dropped a lot of the one word monikers as part of their official name for for talent excellent. I think Dom is no longer Dirty Dom, and I think Bronson Reid is no longer Big Bronz and Reid. They're allowed to just be people and you can use adjectives as you wish.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like being able to use adjectives as I wish because I like Dirty Dom. But like the fact that everybody, including people like cmpunk, had to brand him like you couldn't say his name unless you added freaking I thought was so stupid. Now, if they can just get rid of those outfits.
Speaker 3: One step at a time, Brian, one step at a.
Speaker 1: Time, Roman Reigns and the Bloodline is April thirtieth. She hits the open waters of Miami on a yacht with Roman Reigns and the Bloodline to discuss the Anaaii family wrestling legacy, and then she enjoys some traditional Samoan cuisine. Yeah. Episode seven May seven, Pat McAfee cannot be stopped. She's gonna sit down with Pat to find out how the Art of a We promo helped him become one of the biggest names in sports and entertainment. That's how that happened. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he was one of the biggest names in sports on entertainment.
Speaker 1: Well he is, but I mean, I don't think it was because of those promos. But maybe I thought it was his punting. That's what I always thought. And yes, it's a video podcast. Then we've got episode eight Alert Granny Digging Deep with Undertaker.
Speaker 3: Granny has to review that is it?
Speaker 1: MSG? I bet they taped that. This week meets with the Undertaker to discuss his career in his own iconic moments at the Garden. Episode nine, first Triple H gets his second appearance. They had to Las Vegas to take a look at the pageantry inspect so this must okay. So it sounds like most of these the first seven episodes, I guess have probably already been taped, and then eight, nine, and ten are to be taped because this one will be taped when they're in Vegas for WrestleMania, and then episode ten it should be interesting. Stephanie meets up with it John Cena. She gets a tour of his personal gym, find out how he stays at the top of his game and winds down his incredible career. That actually will be interesting if he's playing heel and then has to do this this podcast in May twenty eighth, and he'll probably be champion at the time. So that's the podcast everybody ESPN plus coming up, and then we've got this thing. So March twenty second and twenty third, I'm gonna try to explain this in a less confusing way than we did on Observer Radio. I don't think I can well anyway. That week, they're gonna tape Collision, but Collision is not gonna air over two hours on Saturday night like it normally does. They're gonna tape two hours, but then they're gonna air two one hour shows on Saturday and Sunday following nc DOUBLEA Tournament games. So they're hoping to get a big lead in on Saturday and a big lead in on Sunday. And that's the bill to Dynasty, which will be April sixth in Philadelphia, So you got that Lance. They're filming a two hour show on Wednesday after Dynamite, splitting it into two shows Saturday and Sunday after the NCUBLEA tournament to take advantage of that giant lead in. All right, back in the moment. So we're live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Away with Lance Storm and Max the Dog who guy coming up with TNA. Don't you have a show coming up?
Speaker 3: We have Sacrifice on Friday. Wow. They ten men in a steel cage, Moose and Jeff Hardy in a ladder match, Mustafa Ali and Santana Masha and hopefully Kora Jaide and uh many more. So it's it's a big show Sacrifice on the TNA plus app as well as I assume YouTube and Fighting all the other places you can find our app specials. So Friday from El Paso, Texas.
Speaker 1: So still no Kora Jade update.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming the companies in the loop, but they don't tell me, so I'll find out.
Speaker 1: Did they tell you anything? Lance?
Speaker 3: If I asked, I suppose.
Speaker 1: But you don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not gonna change anything.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put together match one way or the other. Who cares?
Speaker 3: Yep, it'll be somebody.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen, we're gonna wrap this show up everybody, But we got a lot coming up at two Pacific five Eastern here on Sports Byline USA Live. You can listen on Sports Byline for free, tune in Radio, Sports Byline, YouTube or Twitch. However, you're watching this show right now after Dark Radio Reverend Bill Bean talking Demons, exorcism and more. And that's two Pacific five Eastern, and then late tonight it'll be Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Awnxt and all of the news. You can sign up today for everything newsletters, podcast, the main website, and we got a half off deal going right nowfor w onel dot com slash new that is Fford w onel dot com slash New. And if you only want to pay per views for your device, we got Apple podcasts Effort w onel dot com slash Apple spot for w onel dot com Slash Spotify and youtubeford w onel dot com slash YouTube. So sign up today to WrestleMania season. No better time so check it out. And that's it. Thanks to Lance as always, callers and listeners old semperviv ever to the studio talked in an hour Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network