Speaker 1: Hello, My Loves, Welcome back to the bonus episode of the Give Them La La Podcast with Tom Schultz.
Speaker 2: Got when we were talking about, like I like wearing stung glasses inside of it night. I don't think I'm cool. I'm not trying to be incognito, but it just makes me feel good. I feel invincible. They say, I as the window to the soul. I don't what you see in my soul? Right.
Speaker 1: Well, you always said it was like the kid on Big Daddy where he wears the horses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I always think of.
Speaker 2: That nobody can see you, nobody can hurt you when you have your sunglasses.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why I go with the colored because it's like I have the layer of protection. But like you can't judge me, Like, I don't think that I'm out.
Speaker 3: Here being drake. Yeah. So I have questions for you.
Speaker 1: People wrote in Oh, Sam Kay said, do you think if you weren't on the show, you and Katie would be happily married?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good question, Sam k. I think we still would have gotten a divorce. You know, it was very amicable, but it just had kind of fit. The romance had fizzled out. We're still good friends and I still love Katie and support her. I'm so happy to see her freaking happy. Yeah, she's Yeah, but I think we would have It might have taken a few more years, but I think we would have still gotten divorced.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you just feel like the show maybe expedited something that was going to happen anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't think this. I can't. I can't blame the show. I got to take accountability for myself. I just yeah, I just wasn't. I was just kind of a mediocre husband at the end. You know, there was there was always still undercurrent of love and respect, but we just became friends, you know, we each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, just from an outside perspective, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think the show had anything to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I can't blame the show. Yeah, And I mean the show was just following our lives and it's like, you know it. I kind of describe it as when people ask me about what it was like doing reality TV, it's kind of like just doing going to therapy and front of millions of people, right, very see that.
Speaker 1: I always felt like it was very fair therapeutic as well, because it kind of forced me to like in real life, I pick my battles, and in real life, if someone has done something or I've done something where I don't want to be around them, I say, I'm going to not participate in this social gathering because I'm not ready. When you're filming a show, it forces you to face conflict and resolve it, yes or not. But I feel like if there would have been one more season, in my mind, I like to think that things would have been resolved.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I think it would have been a lighthearted, fun, little truncated season.
Speaker 1: Or maybe I just dug too deep of a hole.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you'll we'll never know that canceled it.
Speaker 1: I think that some people have placed blame on me for kind of putting the nail in the show, But I think that that's unfair to say.
Speaker 2: I don't think that you could say one person and vander Pump rules with something.
Speaker 1: No, we were an ensemble cast that was no longer ensemble. That was the only I only asked that because that was the first time I've heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want kids?
Speaker 1: We talked about this on the the regular episode. You do want kids? Do you want multiple? Would you be happy with just one.
Speaker 2: I feel like two would be perfect. Yeah, maybe twinsies knock them both out at once.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Not triplets though runs in my family.
Speaker 1: Oh God, doesn't it skip a generation?
Speaker 2: I think it does.
Speaker 1: So your kids may have right, my kids, your kids.
Speaker 2: I like the sound of that. My kids, grand am I gonna have grandkids some day.
Speaker 3: I very much see you as a parent.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you have a preference? I know, like we all just want healthy kids, But would you.
Speaker 3: Have a preference?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Whatever, whatever, boy, boy girl doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Pops out. I'll be so happy with I love that.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in God?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm always like whatever God intends me to have is what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm on board with that too.
Speaker 1: Although dealing with Ocean makes me never want a boy because she is such dude energy. I told you this that I'm like, oh my God, yeah, but again, God's will golden x ex Lolita. Would you ever? Would you ever date Lalla or vice versa? I always saw chemistry between y'all. Can I tell you Shortzy we got this so much season eleven, and I didn't realize it because I avoid the comments section. But it was every time I went on a podcast or anything like that, people always said that, yeah, we talked about it. I feel like I would be way too high strung and intense for you.
Speaker 2: You remember, these were your words. You would chew me up. I think you said I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast, really mediocre pieces of shit like him for breakfast.
Speaker 3: I never did that. Mediocre.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys just really saw the moon over here?
Speaker 3: Or but I did say.
Speaker 1: I think it was on Amazon Live where I was like if Schwartz liked to go out a little bit or a lot of bit less, and I liked to go out a lot of bit more. Who knows.
Speaker 2: I love staying in, by the way, it's mine. There's nothing I enjoy more in this world than staying in in cocooning. I love it. I love being my bed cozy.
Speaker 3: You've got a good setup happening, and.
Speaker 2: I have to say, your bedroom is so cozy. It's so fucking cozy. The best sunrises ever too. Me.
Speaker 3: Plants do you have in that place?
Speaker 2: Now? I think I have lost count seventeen. I just got two beautiful birds of paradise. They're like eight nine feet tall. They're Gorge. I built a studio. I built a studio, and I never used my studio. I put so That's why I delayed my podcast for like months. I was like, I want my studio to be perfect now, and then you just go.
Speaker 3: You do it remotely and go to people's houses. That's wild. You spend all that time doing it.
Speaker 2: I was obsessed and I love it. I go in, I peek in there four times a day and I'm like, good job, Tom, really, I love it so good. The first podcast ever with real plants in the room.
Speaker 1: That's amazing that and you know what you have there. You pick great plants because my money tree is thriving.
Speaker 2: Is it working?
Speaker 3: I think it's working.
Speaker 1: My bills are paid and all the things, and I have a fun, happy life.
Speaker 2: So that Amazon money, I've been there.
Speaker 1: I think it's the money tree. It just makes money fall in your lab. Maddie one, two, three, three, four. What's your favorite reality show you've been on? Love seeing my boy on my fave shows.
Speaker 2: I have a really tight bond with Kyle and the Summerhouse crew, Carl, the whole gang, and I really liked it. I like that cast so much. I don't think of him as a cast. I think I'm as friends, but it's not like we're besties. But I feel very at home over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah it feels easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Easy. Although every time I've been down there doing the Summerhouse, I've been going through like a cataclysmic moment in my life, do you know what I mean? The first wait, the first time my ass I had like I had asked problems. Let's just say that it was a nightmare, like an anus was anus adjacent? Okay, it was. I forget the name of it, but it's very unpleasure or something. No, I forgot what it was called. But it was like I had to go to the hospital and get it drained. It was so ship. That was the first time I ever tried wait.
Speaker 1: Like an adrenal gland situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it was. It was so bad. That was the first time that they gave me morphine. I was like, I need morphine for this. They're like, yeah, it's gonna hurt. Shooting needles all near my balls. It was sharing. Then the second time I was secretly divorced, I did Winterhouse cameo.
Speaker 3: I was saying, that's still on Winterhouse.
Speaker 2: They know it's on pause. But shout out to the Winterhouse family.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you would say that I that that was your most favorite Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: I really really enjoyed going and popping in on Summer House every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Would you stay for a weekend?
Speaker 2: I think after like two or three days, I'm ready to go bet with my pop score to them. Butters, do you guys like Summerhouse? This season's so good?
Speaker 3: I'm not caught up on this season.
Speaker 1: The first time I ever watched Summerhouse was last season, and I actually really enjoyed it because the dynamics. It was, like you said, like lightning in a bottle, where they were such organic friendships.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of how I feel.
Speaker 1: With Southern Charm too, Like I really enjoy watching Southern Charms.
Speaker 2: So good, like they like everyone has great like it factors. They have star quality. Yeah, even if you don't see it when you watch the show, when you meet them in person, like, oh yeah, I see, they're so charming. They are very charming and fun.
Speaker 3: That's why it's called Southern charm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can underscore Silves when you're gonna take matters in your own hands and do a VP.
Speaker 3: New season yourself.
Speaker 2: But I don't think anybody started up.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, there are moments where.
Speaker 1: I can't say much, but when phone calls start happening, I'm going to speak in code. Phone calls start happening and questions are asked, and you're like, well, why don't we just do this? And then the person on the other end of the line is like, I'll talk about it in our meeting. We're taking everything into account. I'm like trying to give with us. See where you're going, Yeah, Murph gab devs. How does your brother like la He loves it.
Speaker 2: He's digitally, he's thirty eight, he's having like a rebirth. He's just he's so happy to be here. He's got like his glowback, you know what I mean. He was robbed of that from his addiction for so long. So it's nice to see him just smiling and lighthearted.
Speaker 1: Were you worried about him moving out here after that whole situation, No.
Speaker 2: I mean he's pasted every test. He knows you can never drink again.
Speaker 3: You know, so how do you handle that when you guys go out?
Speaker 2: He just has zero, zero, zero temptation to ever drink again.
Speaker 1: Really, it really shook him to his core.
Speaker 2: No, he's should have died, like they told him he was gonna die, and he was gonna he was stamped hospice. He was supposed to go live out the rest of his life at a hospice center in Florida. Oh my, and I was like hell no, and we had fought tooth and nail. Shout out to doctor Baber if he ever hears this, because he was like Heaven sent guardian angel. He just believed in my brother, and he got him into Aushner and in New Orleans, which saved his life. He has like a universal blood type too, so he's like every liver that came in he was eligible for almost what does that?
Speaker 3: Oh or something?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: I think, oh, is the one I know my blood type because obviously I've had children. But the way I remember it is it's a positive. And I'm like, okay, what I never got in school? A plus?
Speaker 2: You know, I remember what the question was.
Speaker 3: Now, how does your brother like?
Speaker 1: La?
Speaker 2: Oh? He loves it.
Speaker 1: Is he living with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's staying with me for like three months. I'm gona help him get an apartment, help him get a job, help him like you know, get acclimated.
Speaker 1: Is this Burt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Bert.
Speaker 3: And then your other brother what's his name again?
Speaker 2: Brandon and William. They're both back in Florida.
Speaker 3: They're both back in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I have to imagine that once one of the triplets leaves, Like was that hard for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They have like a special form of communication, like twins and triplets always have like this es B type of thing each other, you know. So, yeah, they broke the band up, but I think they're all at points in their lives where they're okay with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I remember moving from Salt Lake to LA and feeling like, wow, this is like such a big city, Like, am I going to be able to Honestly, the reason I think I was able to stay was because I was drinking and living in my own world.
Speaker 2: De Lulu Land, De Lulu is this Lulu.
Speaker 1: But he has you, and I feel like that kind of changes everything.
Speaker 2: I'm helping him, Yeah, Yeah, I got his back.
Speaker 3: Does he go out with you when you go out?
Speaker 2: He does? And I never have to worry about him drinking. I just trust him with all of my soul. I really do. He's passed every test with flying colors.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to go out with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so fun. We should go to.
Speaker 3: Chili's Real.
Speaker 1: Maggie period Monroy one. Is there a scene or moment in VPR you are most proud of?
Speaker 2: Probably my Probably my wedding, me and Katie's wedding. I'm really proud of that. Wait, it was so fun, man. It's like it's as you get older, it's so rare to get all of your friends in one area. So that destination wedding, you know, and just it was so there was just so much love, positive vibes, nothing, everything went perfectly smooth. And yeah, it was just really really it was romantic. It was Yeah, I think it was a beautiful wedding.
Speaker 3: Kluts in a half one on one.
Speaker 1: How does he feel about Ariana saying he gets too many passes from LVP on Watch Robin's Life take both of them out of it. Do you feel like you get a lot of passes, Like when you look at your behavior in the past, do you feel like people have given you a lot of passes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Lisa is a ballbuster, though she always holds me accountable, like she's the first person to give me constructive criticism, but she's been a good mentor. I don't want to say anything bad about Lisa. She's a legend. I wish she'd go back on Housewives. I'd love to see her on Housewives.
Speaker 3: I know you and me both.
Speaker 2: I just watched did you watch last season?
Speaker 3: Of course I watch every season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: I never watched a full season before, from beginning to end, and I did.
Speaker 3: It was great, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think that the biggest person in the mix of your behavior affecting them was probably Katie, and not saying that her behavior didn't affect you, like as I've come to realize in my sobriety journey and having to take accountability for my part in things, you know, it always takes two people to have something kind of fall apart. Whether that's a fifty fifth, I don't think so. I think sometimes people contribute a little bit more. But I feel like she Katie has really given you grace while also holding you accountable. And I think it's huge that you guys can still maintain a I would say, a pretty healthy friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh my, I've got nothing but love and respect for her.
Speaker 3: How does the dog situation go?
Speaker 1: Do you guys still switch the dogs off?
Speaker 2: No, I just keep them. Yeah, we discussed this and she can. She can come see them anytime she wants. She wants to take them for a week or a month or whatever. But yeah, I was always kind of the primary caretaker. But we love them equally, of course. Yeah, but she just thought it'd be better if they stay with me, and I'm so okay with that. They're my best friend.
Speaker 1: Well, Schwartz, if I'm going to have you be my next sperm donor, I'm primary caretaker and you will only be.
Speaker 3: Allowed to pop in.
Speaker 2: That's fine, all right, let's well talk.
Speaker 1: We'll discuss, okay, miss it underscore Lenaras.
Speaker 3: Six two three. What do you do for work?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm I only chose this question because of what we talked about on the regular episode, when people are like they're all looking for jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I am kind of a bit of a Bravo whoor. I do a lot of I do a lot of cameos on shows and stuff, but I love my podcast. It's very fulfilling right now, it's my favorite thing that I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I think that's great.
Speaker 2: It's been so rewarding, and I have I have a few ideas for shows that I would like to create and produce, but I want to talk about them.
Speaker 1: No, don't talk about them because we can give the idea to someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I want to stay in the I would like to listen a Bravo will have me. I'm always I'm always gamed to be on Bravo if they if they'll have me on anything, I'm down. I love the Bravo family.
Speaker 3: Are you doing Bravo Con twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we did a promo together.
Speaker 3: I know we did.
Speaker 2: It was fun. She threw, she was throwing the shade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were honestly so schwartzy. And I did this promo together with a bunch of other Bravo but I had no idea that Chatsworth, California, Los Angeles County is like the capital of like porn filming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, house in the United States.
Speaker 2: Awesome iconic house. I don't know. That was such a good shoot day. Yeah, it was just there was a green room, there was a red room, a pink room.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: They had like the carpeted bathrooms. It was super I love that house. It's sexy, mid century modern.
Speaker 1: They had like door handles that were giant penises, and then they had a giant like those bushes that they trimmed to like make into animals and shit like that.
Speaker 3: No, a giant dick.
Speaker 1: I took a picture with it because I was like, I've never seen one.
Speaker 2: This big plugs casually just laying around on the tables and stuff. But they did a really tasteful job curating that did it. They committed to the bit.
Speaker 1: They committed to the bit. I'm excited that you're doing that. We're doing Bravo con I also think the podcast is a good move for you because you're did you do video yet?
Speaker 2: No, but I have all the equipment. I just been procrastinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got a good face, all right, and you've got a nice voice to listen to.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot. That might be the sweetest thing you ever said.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome, And I also think.
Speaker 3: You give it. You give a shit about the product comes out.
Speaker 2: I love it, and I'm always like, if I'm enjoying it, then the audience will enjoy it too, I hope.
Speaker 1: But I think the audience does enjoy it because there were a lot of people. It wasn't a question, but a lot of people wrote in that they love your podcast. Really yeah, so I think that's important to tell you. Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So we know you're not going to be in the bar industry anytime soon, but we're welcoming Bravo.
Speaker 2: I got I got one, I got one more bar in me.
Speaker 3: Well that's changed quickly in the last thirty sec.
Speaker 2: I know I got one more. I just won't have anything to do with me as a host. Maybe I'll be an investor or help curate them, like run it from behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: And that's past ginormous.
Speaker 2: It was too big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was massive, a large undertaking. Do you think you would go the route of like the sandwich shop that the girls did, where it's less of like a like you have to go through all of the shit to get like a full bar menu, right, like if you just did beer and wine, it's a lot less.
Speaker 2: I just want to open a cool dive lounge, yasser, you got the cigarette dispenser. I want a juke box.
Speaker 1: I want the places that give you shots and like the plastic little cups that you get from like the fucking doctor.
Speaker 3: If you need water.
Speaker 2: I want. I want to Rottic photo Hunt, which is my favorite game ever. Yeah you know that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, you should do this.
Speaker 2: I know, but I found one on eBay for two grand I want to put it in Jack's bar. Whatever they're doing with that place. I don't know what they're doing, but anyways, I got one bar left in me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I love that. I love that your mind has changed so quick. Yeah. Yeah, snowballs with two zies. Do you find your peacemaker qualities as a weakness or as a strength?
Speaker 2: Definitely a strength watching back, I don't know. I think that's a good thing. I have a lot of love to give. I believe I want to see people win. I don't really get walked all over. I'm doing less people pleasing these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think being a peacemaker when it comes to reality TV, you have to have someone who's gonna calm situations down. Watching super super dark television is just not where it's at. And I have zero interest, Like I need something to lighten the mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like the way less rich version of Kathy Hilton, and you've got a very rich, rich, big vocabulary.
Speaker 2: I love Kathy Hilton, by the way, Yeah, just so fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and instead of those hats you wear a mumoo, you're her love basically Kathy Hilton Shall.
Speaker 3: B W six.
Speaker 1: Does Tom regret opening a restaurant with Sandoval considering how it all went.
Speaker 2: Listen Hindsight's fifty to fifty. We made a lot of mistakes, you know, it was almost like a comedy of airs. But I guess we had to learn very expensive lesson. I just would never put my name on the side of a building again.
Speaker 1: Really, so even if you were to open a bar, it would be named something that's not really as.
Speaker 2: I would never put my name on a bar again. It's just too much pressure to be there all of the time. I don't want to spend my every waking moment in a bar. It's not fulfilling to me. You come home late, drink too much, just as it's not conducive to like a healthy lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Do you feel that way about Tom? Tom?
Speaker 2: No, I honestly, I host brunches there and I love that. I'm a day drinker.
Speaker 1: I like drinking in the day, and I loved day drinking and then getting home and having enough time to recover. So when you went to bed, you weren't like feeling like you could go home and like eat something to get you back to normal with alid shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah but yeah, no more. I'm on hiatus with the bar restaurant industry.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Last question, Lauren Shaddicks, Fuck Mary kill, Lala Sena Rachel.
Speaker 2: I hate fucking do it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll kill Rachel. Well, Rachel's she's she's she's so peaceful now, yeah, she like does bowl ceremonies sound bads. I guess I would.
Speaker 1: Don't get so hung up on the fuck Mary kill.
Speaker 2: I guess I will.
Speaker 3: It's just like the greatest till and I don't get offended.
Speaker 2: I'll marry you, La La, all right, I guess we can to you.
Speaker 1: Once you get married, the fucking stops. So you're gonna be too.
Speaker 3: Are we killing Rachel?
Speaker 2: I don't want to kill Rachel, but I guess I have.
Speaker 3: To sent her to an island.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Okay, I'm gonna banish her to an island, Okay, and then I'm gonna and then I'm gonna fucking marry Sheina and La La.
Speaker 3: I would fun.
Speaker 2: We alternate.
Speaker 3: She's, by the way, she never looked better.
Speaker 1: She did this like facial to her face, obviously facial.
Speaker 3: She's never looked better. And I've heard she's kinky.
Speaker 1: As fuck, so you wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Nice choice. I'm a square in all aspects, so I would.
Speaker 1: Probably be the way, just a starfish, dead fish exactly. Thank you Tom Schwartz for joining us on the Boner episode. You guys, thank you for listening. I will catch you guys on Wednesday and again next week. Hie