Speaker 1: Work with me here you know BT, she so low shout of O C T.
Speaker 2: No color?
Speaker 1: What we see?
Speaker 3: Whole game? Wait the baller bus on three.
Speaker 4: Oh you can't stand on their own SI. I already know you can't bother with me because up with the squad of me.
Speaker 5: They get into that.
Speaker 6: They called me.
Speaker 4: Hello Love, Hello Ballahler.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the Battle Little Show podcast available everywhere you get your podcast. Please make sure you like, subscribe and share our YouTube passes and links and all that. You know the vibes.
Speaker 3: I go by the name of Ferrari Simmer.
Speaker 7: I don't know you know BT O C T with that US young superstar legend in the making in the building.
Speaker 3: I d K snaps, sir, we do snaps.
Speaker 7: What's up man gloves Sea?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, what's up? Man?
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show man. You got a hostle with us? Okay, okay, cool, We're gonna talk to real ship. All right, bet it's easy, alright cool. US long jumper tar Davis Woodhall stripped of her national title after a positive cannabis test. Did you guys see that or hear about that? I just think weeds should not be a test that you test positive for and get stripped of a title as Steven.
Speaker 1: They would say, put down the weed. No, I think you can.
Speaker 3: I think you should be able to smoke weed.
Speaker 8: I mean, look at how many basketball players do well.
Speaker 7: Is now in the NBA, and now it's not they don't test for it.
Speaker 1: They don't test for it. You say it's legal, yeah, hell yeah. They used to do random drug tests.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, man, these athletes are going through a lot of hurting with their body in marijuana helps.
Speaker 7: Are they allowed to drink? See, that's the crazy thing. Yeah, they're allowed to drink.
Speaker 2: Drink, and that's I don't know why they're doing that. Then that it don't make sense. I'm allowed to cuss.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Todd Reese is ordered to pay over half a million thousand child support and legal fees.
Speaker 4: Got to see that, God, I saw a quarter million. It's half now for a quarter.
Speaker 3: Million, half a million, let me look it up.
Speaker 1: Just raising a man child support one hundred and thirty six thousand, forty four dollars in.
Speaker 7: Support and legal fees to his ex wife, Samantha Lee Gibson.
Speaker 3: I'm going missing.
Speaker 5: And he was recently trying to do a protest out there.
Speaker 7: So the initial outside of the courthouse, Yeah, K, you alright, in your initial two hundred and thirty seven thousand, nine hundred and forty four, but with legal fees and uh yeah, sorry for her child support, it's six hundred and thirty six thousand.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand, nine hundred.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no kids, no kids, man, what would you do in that scenario?
Speaker 3: You reason want to pay?
Speaker 2: I had to figure out how to pay that. That's why I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I six hundred thousand or an ex wife because his spouse is support.
Speaker 3: We're all gonna have to come for me. I'm going missing.
Speaker 2: I mean hundred thousand, six hundred thousand. It's subjective. It depends on how much money he got, man, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: Don't nobody want to pay six hundred thousand, agreed, And he's paying for her lawyer and legal fees, and he got to pay for his legal fees. Then what they say with support, what they say in that Leo movie, Catch Me if you can.
Speaker 8: I mean, you got a Fast five or Fast and Furious, you know that franchise, keep going.
Speaker 7: I don't think he's gonna get that big ass check from that. Yeah, yeah, he's not getting diesel.
Speaker 8: But isn't it based off your income and stuff the reason why he has to pay someone?
Speaker 7: But if it's it's a talent though, so you don't pay some ship is a talent.
Speaker 1: That's like randomly somebody telling you, hey, you're back six hundred thousand in the whole You're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be like, hey man, I wasn't planning to pay this ship.
Speaker 7: So you know it's over two thousand dollars. So you can't leave the country like you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't imagine going to the airport and trying to go on the run and they say, hey man, you got child.
Speaker 2: Support, so it's not even worse it bro go on on run though. You just gotta figure it out.
Speaker 3: He's two famous going to run. He can't do that. Yeah, you got it? We are you gonna grow hair? We're playing for you, tar Re Uh No, we're not, okay.
Speaker 7: Dean Sam loses over twenty Colorado football players to the transport portal or your football personal k.
Speaker 4: It used to be not as much anymore, but you are familiar with.
Speaker 7: Yeah that Colorado State twenty football players have entered the transfer portal. I think these guys, these are the guys that ain't gonna be getting no playing time?
Speaker 3: Oh they're leaving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're leading because he then brought some boys over there to get them all playing.
Speaker 3: Dogs over there to son, including his son.
Speaker 4: So is it son good?
Speaker 5: Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Son good?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's his cousin. Now it's on five Okay. Then he had the number one recruit a wide receivers older.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, I mean I would leave too, I would leave to It was probably some some boys over there that when that athletic and they brought them athletic boys over there, and they was like, hey, John, we probably need to transfer it because I don't think you pay this shit.
Speaker 3: All right, man, let's take a quick commercial. But when we can get back, we're gonna.
Speaker 7: Talk to i DK getting his business and talk to him about this bud music that he got going on.
Speaker 3: Right here from the ball Alert Show podcast.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back with more of a Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: What's up Everybody, It's side Ek and you're tuned into the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 7: Ball Alert Welcome to the Baller Show podcast, available everywhere you get your podcast I d K is in the building.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you pulling up on us, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Where's I DK from.
Speaker 4: I'm from the d m v PG County, Maryland.
Speaker 5: Parents know my.
Speaker 4: Mom from shit all, my dad from Ghana. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was born in England. I came here when I was two years old. Oh wow, I got three passports.
Speaker 5: So you're kind of like a twenty one savage.
Speaker 4: Sin in a sense. I guess that's what black people say. Yeah, uh, how long have you been doing music?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: Went twenty twelve when I got out of uh prison, That's when I started really taking trying to do music seriously.
Speaker 5: Oh why were you in prison?
Speaker 4: Robberie was the the case that I had.
Speaker 7: But yeah, uh, what made you? You know, say, you know what? H I'm done with that?
Speaker 3: He went to prison?
Speaker 4: Let's go music?
Speaker 1: Was this?
Speaker 4: I don't weall? No? That was like my fourth time though.
Speaker 2: So wait, it was the fourth time going to prison, fourth prison in jail, So I.
Speaker 4: Was state prison I came from.
Speaker 2: I was in jail three hundred jail three times, and then from jail the last time I went up the road to y'all c I think y'all call it down the road here, but up the road, yeah, up the road to state President and I started doing music. What was the point where you say, you know what, at the first time, it's just that prison reform like all that, like you know, people fighting for all that stuff. Is it's real because I only got in trouble once, but I had violations for not paying home detention, not coming home on time, like.
Speaker 4: Little stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's like it's like a system exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the system that Meek Mills talks about to where they make it to where you're going to make a small mistake to go back.
Speaker 2: Exactly, That's exactly what it was. So I didn't really get in trouble again. It just was more so like the first time, I learned my lesson. But it's just the way the system is set up. It's hard to like stay out.
Speaker 7: So but it's been a while since. So what changed that you said, you know what.
Speaker 4: I wasn't on probation, no more parole.
Speaker 2: Nah, But nah, to be fair, I haven't gotten in any issues and nothing like that since you know, even if.
Speaker 4: I was on probation and parole, so I parolled out. I was supposed to stay there the last time for a year. I got out in seven months.
Speaker 2: Because of parole because mainly because I was already like in school doing all like stuff like that before I went back to prison. So they're all right, you could function in the society.
Speaker 3: So is that what parole means?
Speaker 1: Like that they look at you as like somebody who can be functional in society when you yeah, out of.
Speaker 2: Probation is different. Probation is way more mild. Probation is like, don't smoke weed, you know, get pitted tests if you even have that.
Speaker 4: It's way more lenient.
Speaker 2: Parole is like, if you get in trouble, you're going straight back to prison.
Speaker 3: So that's like the three the three strike rule.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's a whole nother thing. I think that's more like la too oh god like, but three strikes is like, you get in trouble, get out, Get in trouble, get out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I've seen I've seen that your video was posted and you made a music video about you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, having some altercation with the law. Was that real?
Speaker 4: Nahn? That was real situations?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was that video looks real, man.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn they was whooping your ass the police.
Speaker 5: The entire time when you was in prison. Was your music popping off at any time?
Speaker 4: Nah, I didn't even start doing music.
Speaker 2: I started because I used to memorize the beats on the radio, and so you got like the first when I went in, there was like no Instagram, none of that.
Speaker 4: When I got out, it was Instagram and.
Speaker 2: Chief Keith, you know what I'm saying, so real like so like I was listening to the beats on the on the radio sign and and I wo memorize him and just start rapping. But I used to help people get their GD so I was a tutor in prison and I used to be and yeah, Hanna Barber, yeah anything. Talked to some of the people that they still locked up. Dan my man, my man, he was there eight years before I got there, and this is eleven years now.
Speaker 4: He's still in. He still got five more years.
Speaker 5: So how were you able to adjust when you got out?
Speaker 4: I mean I wasn't in that long, so you know, but like.
Speaker 8: You said, you know, when you went in, there was no Instagram. You know, when you.
Speaker 3: Got out, it's like a whole new world.
Speaker 5: People making money, getting rich off some medio.
Speaker 2: I just well, it's funny as when Instagram first started. So it's twenty twelve, so I think it started twenty eleven or something like that. But basically, when I got out, everyone kept telling me on the phone like, yeah, you gotta get Instagram, like what is it like you just post pictures?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, sound that shit sound dumb? Like I don't know why.
Speaker 2: So when I got I remember my first post I posted it, and it's so funny because I look at my Instagram now and I'm like, wow, I remember I got forty likes and it's like, damn, nigga, you got forty likes?
Speaker 3: Is that picture still up?
Speaker 4: I can find it, but it ain't on this algorithm.
Speaker 3: I ain't nobody getting forty like so less stuff.
Speaker 7: So get you get out and now we're doing music. What's your first song that you go to? You say, okay, do you have money? Are you going to the studio?
Speaker 4: Ah? My man shutout though.
Speaker 2: Man he had studio in his basement, and I told him before I got out, like, look, man, when I get out, man, I'm really trying to make something of myself. Man, I ain't got no money to do this. But like did he believe out for me. Yeah, he believed in me, and we just worked on that. I was trying to go back to school and balance that out, but I just stopped paying attention to school. It went from not coming to class but being in the like.
Speaker 4: In school, to not coming to school.
Speaker 3: Who were you at?
Speaker 2: I was at PG Community College, and then from not going to school at all to not registering for a semester. And then I just was like, I guess this is what I'm gonna do. So, you know, I had to really hustle me all my folks to figure out how to get the money to get the music stuff rolling.
Speaker 4: And that took a long time.
Speaker 2: You know, that took like because I really my last job was twenty fifteen. I started rapping twenty twelve, and then I would say my first million dollars was twenty ninety.
Speaker 3: How did that? How did that feel?
Speaker 4: It was crazy?
Speaker 7: I sent the screenshot about you almost tell your own boys you got a million sitting in the tell them because I got the friends where I could do that. Okay, give me give us the play, Like what happened to get you to that point?
Speaker 5: Did you get that million?
Speaker 3: You get that million?
Speaker 5: My boy?
Speaker 2: I mean before I even made it to that point though, I probably spent five hundred thousand of my own money trying to get this moving on your own a lot of different ways, a lot of different ways.
Speaker 4: One of the main ways.
Speaker 2: Though, it was just like oh uh, doing like independent deals one off deals and.
Speaker 4: Getting like a couple of hundred thousand all and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that went off, like as far as music goes.
Speaker 2: On one album deal with like independent also you just building it up.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like that, yeah, like writing or your own music or my music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just I think like one thing I was able to do, and even to this day, it's like showing a lot of like really big artists.
Speaker 4: They look up to what I do and like respect what I do.
Speaker 2: So I had, like I remember I had a song with Billie Eilish and all these things.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it. It ever came out, but like I had those kind.
Speaker 3: Of stugs of the song.
Speaker 2: I still got you better put that ship out. I got the relationships. So like a lot of the stuff, like people was willing to like take risks on me, which it was never really a risk because they all made their money back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So what was the song that put you in these people's ears?
Speaker 4: I don't have one till the day.
Speaker 7: There's a bunch of songs and a bunch of to basically one hundred shows, like I've done like four hundred shows. But when I just did Coachella, were I went over the track list once, I rehearsed twice and the third time doing that set was at Coachella on stage.
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm just trying to understand the buzz, Like what got you to these people's attention?
Speaker 5: A whole body of work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really was like bodies of work?
Speaker 5: Okay, because you build an underground presence.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: What's a fan favorite?
Speaker 8: Because like you said, you built an underground presence and you know they put you here.
Speaker 4: What is what's favorite? What's funny you say that, right?
Speaker 2: If I was a main more mainstream artist, I would have like I would be like Drake in the sense of my fans. I got so much music that they like fan favorites. It's hard to even do a whole hour set now because I don't have enough space to put all of the songs in. So in my fan base and in that world that I'm in, there's a lot of them.
Speaker 5: And is this coming from SoundCloud or all that?
Speaker 4: Were you?
Speaker 5: Where are they usually finding you at.
Speaker 4: Spotify, SoundCloud, Apple Music? I mean whatever, It's hard to say, like I got a really unique situation and story. Yes, it's just continuously like chipping away little by little and never giving up. That's what.
Speaker 1: How did you realize that you had that you were starting to gain fans and you start to feel like, Okay, this feels, you know, a little bit different now.
Speaker 2: I think, to be honest, it was a big turning point was I got it randomly got a call from Kanye and he was just.
Speaker 4: Like, yo, I heard about your album. Album wasn't out yet.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: He's like I would love to hear.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like at some point today cannot connect with you. And I'm like bet And I went to his house and he was eating lemon cake.
Speaker 1: So you get a random call from Kanye and he's like he heard you first of all, I know.
Speaker 2: He was like, how know you heard my album here? I know how you heard it eighty A Keys. Well, he didn't hear the album. He heard about it. EIGHTIEA Keys is like he heard it one time and it was telling everybody sending pictures a house all this stuff. So yeah, it was like more so that and then and then yeah, you got a hold of it. And then the next day Tyler the creator came to my house to come listen to it too. It was like the album before it came out was kind of making its ways around, and then people kind of like heard it when it came out. So it's like it's more like I'm more like critical acclaim, Like people just know, like the stuff I do is of a certain quality and caliber.
Speaker 3: So I work for.
Speaker 7: Warner Records and very rarely do I see the artists on a call. Yeah, he talked about this because I was like, yo, wet, I got his call and the artist is on the call.
Speaker 3: We always talk about the artists, but we're.
Speaker 7: On the call and he's on the call, Like this is this is strange, But I funk with that. I'm over here like, yo, you want to know what we're talking about, what we're doing?
Speaker 3: What where are we finna go?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: I thought that was dope. I wanted to give your flowers and I appreciate it very player. Why did you want to be on that?
Speaker 2: To be honest with you. I thought that was normal. I never like my whole career, I always been like that. So to me, it's like I know my vision, I know how to articulate it, and I know also, I mean, I know you see in a group chat. I know how to hold people accountable too.
Speaker 4: But one thing I will say, though, you'll never see me go on social media and talk about my label because that's a lot of people and not everybody falls under the category of whoever might have sucked your shit up, So I never look at it like that. But it's family business, so it's staying there. When it's like when you it rarely happens. But when I when it ain't, you know what I mean, you're gonna hear it from me.
Speaker 5: I thought that was dope, So idicate the businessman.
Speaker 2: I wanted this shit so bad that I wasn't about to wait for no manager or somebody to come along. When I first started, I kind of sucked, so it was like there wasn't no manager that was going to come and do that for me. So I remember I got my first video to a million or a song on SoundCloud to a million of plays listens, and that was a confidence and I just kept going that was.
Speaker 5: The breaker SoundCloud.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, for sure, And that makes sense now okay SoundCloud.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if it's like, if we're breaking it down like that, then SoundCloud is it breaks?
Speaker 5: A lot of artists don't like z or a lot of the.
Speaker 1: I feel like, like low Ki, it'd be breaking, like because I used to always wondering, like when artists like Uzzi and Playboy Cardi got big. I'm like, why is just dropping a song on SoundCloud and you were like.
Speaker 3: Breaking?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But you talked about earlier that you have a song with billi OLiS. How did that come about?
Speaker 4: Same ship?
Speaker 2: Like, people just be reaching out to me man, like all that fire. Wow, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's you.
Speaker 1: You live a great life, man, have a life that I feel like a lot of big artists wish that these people were reaching out to them.
Speaker 7: Can we talk about these shoes though, because that's your camera right there. Uh?
Speaker 3: Air Max made these for you? Correct?
Speaker 7: Is this a collaboration? Is the you designed these air Maxes? Where can people buy them? Can people these are friends and family? I don't have the they not coming out. I'm working on something that will probably be out. That's the best way to explain that. How did you get a air Max? How did you get to be able to create I d K? Is this whole interview.
Speaker 8: We don't know how he got how he got the whole I guess, so yeah, like, what how did you get how'd you come up with your name?
Speaker 4: My name in prison? You know, I don't know now.
Speaker 2: In prison, I just was thinking about what I wanted to name myself, and I wanted to name myself something that will prompt people to ask questions. So I named the I d K. But it stands for ignorantly delivering knowledge.
Speaker 4: So wow, So.
Speaker 3: How do you get getting all these deals?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Every nobody just likes you, That's what it seems like. It's like everybody likes you.
Speaker 1: Kanye is calling you up to your crib. Airbacks is just giving you a deal for yourself.
Speaker 7: You design, design, you design an Airmax Like, come on, yeah, oh, I designed five of them in two hours, correct me. But but no, the whole ship is I don't really like reach out to people unless I got something to offer that makes sense, and I make it make sense. So like a lot of people pick up my calls because they know like if I'm I'm calling you the bad it makes sense. Yeah, not even just the bag, it's just whatever the idea is. I really think about my ideas and and before I come I don't just be calling people asking people for stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I have to have something to offer or something that makes sense for you if I ask you for something. So I've been doing that and I built a reputation doing that, and as time progresses, people start to see like vision wise, like I really like make ship that's in my head come to life, Like so this deal is with Nike that's like five years and making deal with Nike. Yeah, I'm signed to Nike officially, a long term deal with them. That that happened in last June.
Speaker 5: Last yun close.
Speaker 7: If you're around it's easy everybody around me. I definitely need the Maryrior Maxes. I ain't gonna like.
Speaker 5: Max, how did you get this deal?
Speaker 2: It was like it always starts with like I put it on my phone, like right now, I got Michael Jordan's I mean, it ain't really like crazy, like nobody really I ain't really announced this yet, but I'm one of the three artists in the history of Nike to have a joint deal with Nike and Jordan. So I'm a Jordan. I have a Jorinding deal and a Nike deal together.
Speaker 4: The people that got.
Speaker 3: Basically wants to know how.
Speaker 4: You before I get into that.
Speaker 2: The only people that have it is me, Billie Eilish and Travis Scott like in entertainment, and the only other person outside of entertainers is Virgil rest in Peace. So I got that because uh, I literally man so many ways to kind of explain that. So the main thing is I've obviously been down with Nike and supporting them and really mainly just posting their stuff for like years, so you post them on your social media. Yeah, before I even had it the deal. But what I did was I believed in it and wanted it that much and stuck by them and then proved how much I would be valuable to them for years.
Speaker 4: And and and I never let it go.
Speaker 7: And in my background on my phone right now, it's Michael Jordan used to be a Nike check until I got the deal. Then I changed it to Jordan, and then I got that.
Speaker 4: I gotta change your yo.
Speaker 3: That's that's how I think six billion dollars.
Speaker 5: It was like manifestation, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think manifestation is a really big part of what I do. Like, I really like you guys, anybody around me, I'll be saying emost ridiculous ship tip to you. At first you hear it, but I'm like, really make it happen. That's why I send it. In the group chat, I'll be showing you all the progress like of how we live in that chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what advice would you give, like some up and coming artists that's like looking at because I'm like the way Rory described you as like man, this dude disappears is man like he's on the call.
Speaker 4: His hand's own.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't see a lot of on the way ain't gonna definitely definitely.
Speaker 3: Gonna be on that type of time. They'd be like, ah, yeah, just let me know what.
Speaker 4: My advice would be gratitude because everybody.
Speaker 2: Not business savvy. I was a hustler of my whole life. Like I'm talking about life, I used to. I did a lot of things and hustle for a very long time. COmON was always good at it, So that was in me. Not everybody's like that. But the one thing I say everyone can adopt is gratitude, you know what I'm saying, being thankful for the little things that you have and then and then when things are going wrong, never giving up because you have gratitude for what you do have. Like that shit probably is at this point. You can't tell me nothing after Coachella what we did with all of that stuff and the collaboration with Loanvaughan and all that shit.
Speaker 4: It's like a nigga, really like did some shit?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: And how important is it for artists especially to pay attention to their business.
Speaker 2: The best way to explain that is if you're good at that kind of shit, that's very important. If you now, you better find somebody that is that you trust, because I can't say everybody can do that. You know, It's a gift for me to be able to really think the way I think in the space that I'm at. They just wrote an article about me on Forbes and they said thek is a polymath and broke down what that is. And I didn't know what that was at first, but I learned what it was, and it's basically a person with wide arranging knowledge and the whole article is about how I use the left brain and the right brain equally as good and not. Most people can't really do that. Like if I go, if I play basketball, I could really literally shoot.
Speaker 4: With my right m I left. Not everybody could do that.
Speaker 2: So it's like, if that's not you, you got to find a way to that works for you. In the conversation of the business, it is important to know. But some people get so good at the business that the art suffers over years. Over the years, I had to learn how to balance that properly. Like I'll be on a zoom. We could be on a call right now and all this shit. I'll be able to go in a booth, like give me a second. I don't really write my music, so say the lines whatever like jay Z Yeah, like honestly, truthfully, like I ninety percent of what I make, it's from the top of my head.
Speaker 4: So I do that shit.
Speaker 2: And then had somebody else come, had somebody else come, and I'll tell the engineer this, this, this is this, I'll be back, finish the call, come back to the music.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: With this last album, I started just recording that night when everybody sleep, nobody bothering me, I can really record, So that's the new thing I do now. But I used to be able to balance that really well.
Speaker 7: Question does IDK have a personal life? Does is IDK have kids? I ain't got no kids, I don't have no relationship. If I do have a relationship, I'm pretty good at balancing it, you know.
Speaker 4: I've learned how to really like.
Speaker 2: Utilize time, like properly want that if it's the right person for oh, kids for sure.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm on this earth.
Speaker 2: My goal is to retiring when I'm forty, and the reason why is because everything I'm doing right now is to build a foundation for my family.
Speaker 4: And I want to be forty and travel.
Speaker 2: The world and focus on my family and wife and all that stuff. And then my goal is to like right now build the best foundation that I can for us to be comfortable and healthy for when I, you know, give turn forty. I could have kids tomorrow with whenever. I'm just saying, I'm grinding til I'm forty. My retirement is forty years old, are you now thirty?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Ten years ago?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why it's forty to cut off date because I'm like, it's shit is lit already right now imagine ten years going harder, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I look at it like a lot of us chase this shift too long, like it'd be like it never like.
Speaker 1: Your uncle that's like thirty seven, still trying to rap you, like, come on, man.
Speaker 2: And even at that, it's not even just the rap part. It's the money part. It's the like success. It's like at a certain point, man, you did it, Like when I look at like yay, you know, like I'm it ain't nothing. You got to prove you made those first three albums. You good for real? You know what I'm saying, Like it's the Grady idea of gratitude, you know, like, well.
Speaker 5: Let us know about this project.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So F sixty five is the album F is as in like F one racing. And then sixty five is the year Malcolm X was assassinated. And before he got assassinated, he was switching from Nation to Islam to Orthodox Muslim and he was about to change the conversation he was going to start having, which was more inviting and easier to have and inclusive to really bring change. But he got, you know, assassinated before that could happen. So this album is a continuation of that. That's why I like the songs the Police. It's like it sounds so like smooth and shit, but I'm saying some real shit and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeast I listen to it. I really liked the song. I like the message, and I liked the visuals. Like I told you that. I was like, man, I was watching it and I thought I was like, damn, he was beating the ship out of him, and I thought it was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody, my lawyer, everybody hit me like, damn, you didn't tell me this happened.
Speaker 4: What's crazy?
Speaker 3: They so they thought that the video was real too.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks it's real. But the thing about that video is that it is real. It just didn't happen to me in that moment. That's real, Like that ship happened, you know what I'm saying, Like that feeling like no matter what car, you and I could be in a Toyota or a Lamborghini, the same ships gonna happen fast.
Speaker 7: And that's what I'm a little spoil because I heard the whole I heard a lot because we got a little a little pre empt. Yeah, I was telling him, belove it. What's the name Pano Santana. Yeah, I think they gonna You're gonna hear it. You're gonna hit him on the left with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already know people are gonna be like you got on your album. I heard the be and that's who I heard on the song. I thought he was fire, you know, I thought it would work, and he did his verse as I think you could do it, go harder.
Speaker 3: Here's the game again, Juicy Fruit, Juicy Fruit.
Speaker 4: Both of them did two verses.
Speaker 1: So you hold everybody accountable, the artists, the label, everybody they sent a version you don't like you, Like if I'm upset with you, you really fucked up like you didn't you really didn't do something right. And if if I if I happen to be upset with you and it wasn't your fault, I apologize and fixed that immediately. But if not, like you, you know, like you could have did something better right. So that's how it is.
Speaker 2: Accountability is probably like my strong strongest asset in terms of like the is what I've developed as a man.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Before we go, is this merch right here to ax? I see your camera has ax?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Your gloves got X Yeah, yeah, so well the gloves ain't merched. This is one of one Coachella.
Speaker 3: Then you don't want to be giving none of your stuf. You don't want to you don't want to give shoes. We get the hat.
Speaker 4: The hat is coming.
Speaker 3: Can we get some shoes?
Speaker 4: So yeah, the shoes them on.
Speaker 8: She was going some mystery guys alighty k.
Speaker 3: Already earlier.
Speaker 5: It was such a joy to have you so much in the cursive that you gave.
Speaker 8: There are some gems in here and we definitely uh so glad that you stopped by the ball Alert Show.
Speaker 5: I hope you stopped back by, but we're not done yet. We have Baller mail coming up, so we definitely.
Speaker 6: All we'll be right back stayed with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody aside the K and you're tuned into the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 7: It is time for ball Alert Mail. Dear ball Alert. My wife's side of the family is full of criminals. I met them at her family function and these folks are not the type to hang around kys. Should I tell her? I don't like being around her family like that. Legit, I don't like being around them. Well, Addy, K, you've been around criminal was before I said this, man tell his wife it is not nicely he does not like being around her criminal family members.
Speaker 4: You got some people that's a little you know.
Speaker 5: Is he afraid that he gonna get stolen or something?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I don't know all the details, but me, I just I'm a straight shoot. I'm gonna say how it is. I'm gonna say how I feel. And again, I probably have a really good point why I feel the way I feel. And if you say something to make me not feel that way any morening fuck it.
Speaker 3: We you know, So what would you say in that instant that was your wife?
Speaker 2: I would be like, look, man, you got some cousins that I don't know if I could fully trust around me our family. You know, I don't know if they're the best examples, you know of what we were trying to do, you know, And I would like to spend his little time around him as possible. Now, your mom and your your dad they cool, and I'm not trying to say, but the ones that got all this just and the tattoos on the face and all that stuff. Maybe we gotta limm I like that.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 8: I like limiting your time because it's like, you know, you don't want to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was good.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you have you said that real smooth. I can tell you're very good writer. Everybody I was thinking on ignorant like, nah, I can't hang around a little little smoke smoke.
Speaker 1: I was being ignorant to like I can't hang around a little pooky.
Speaker 8: It's like, you know, you can come up with automatoms like listen, I can't come, I can't go.
Speaker 5: You go ahead and do your thing with your family.
Speaker 7: You don't want to get the time around them limited, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, limit the time.
Speaker 8: I understand that, but you know I got to get home after dark before dark.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely using that line. I want to limit my time.
Speaker 5: That was balling me right there before we get out of here that we do have a pep talk with I d K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's alrighty K, thanks for having me baller alert. My advice everybody and I've been saying is make sure you have gratitude for all the things that you have. Like I feel like, you know, I come from immigrant parents and all that. And if you're if you get set, if your feet on American soil, you got it better than ninety percent of the people and the rest of the world. So no matter what you're going through, always have gratitude for what you are, what you were able to accomplish, or what you do have.
Speaker 6: Can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert. Log on to baller alert dot com.