Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Now, hay it out.
Speaker 3: It's your old pal Sarah Silverman, and I'm back in New York City where now weed is so legal they have stores stores with weed.
Speaker 4: I mean, what is this? Twenty three other states?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: But could I find someone to smoke this fancy new legal lead with.
Speaker 4: Do you guys smoke pot?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you buy it from the store now?
Speaker 3: Or do you guys still are you loyal to your old dealers?
Speaker 1: You still have to go all around?
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I gotta text you a menu. So now you just go down the corner and then there's like a store right there.
Speaker 3: I noticed a couple of you have walkie talkies.
Speaker 4: Is it for work?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Sarah Silverman.
Speaker 3: I just want to let you know that Curtis has diarrhea and he might be a little bit late. Okay, Well, these guys didn't get Stoner comedy. But maybe i'd find some bud buddies at one of the new licensed dispensaries like the Union Square travel agency, where buying drugs feels like, well, a little bit like making an appointment at the not so genius part.
Speaker 1: So when you legalized, they granted the first licenses, so people being formally incostrated.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: When I first moved to New York City, the way I got weed was I call my dealer or get into his Toyota Yaris and have to sit in a smelly car while I listen to his band's demo And here I mean.
Speaker 4: Are you in a band?
Speaker 2: I'm not?
Speaker 3: An event that's refreshing. Instead of dealers without professional boundaries, these new dispensaries have weed baristas aka bud tenders. I want the giggles and the creativity of a sativa with the feeling like I'm being held by like a sixteen foot man cradled like a baby. We have something for that, really, So what's your preferred message of consumption?
Speaker 4: Do you have anything that I can.
Speaker 3: Put up anally, like as a fall story of some kind, not with weed in it, just.
Speaker 2: Anything not here?
Speaker 4: Are you high right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I'd like to speak to a manager place non high weed dealers.
Speaker 3: But a strange new world. At least the customers were just like in the old days.
Speaker 4: What are you guys going to do when you're high?
Speaker 2: We giggle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, laugh, we laugh, and do we get intimate?
Speaker 2: We get intimate and we get brownies.
Speaker 4: What's brownie is? Is that kind of some kind of sexy chemism? Oh, it was an actual brownie.
Speaker 2: We're old fashioned, just brownie. Well that sounds good.
Speaker 4: That's right up my alley. Can I get high with you?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: When it's time to get intimate, you know, one of you guys will have to leave. Can we choose extrawsh and people aren't just using weed to enhance their eating and love making.
Speaker 1: It helps with a lot of like anxiety or just like bet nerve pushing by and where you're just like, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel like you smoke pot and you realize that nothing you're worried about matters.
Speaker 4: I mean, basically we're already dead.
Speaker 3: These users were so stoked on their legal weed. It seems like anyone could sell it to them notes of.
Speaker 4: Hickory, like anyone at all? What ills are you trying to solve with drugs?
Speaker 3: I'm just looking to get higher than it ever been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just ultimate high. We can do that with this.
Speaker 3: That's going to be seven hundred and thirty eight dollars fornace. It is expensive, but it is cheaper than therapy's perfect. All in all, it's crazy to think that something you can buy now for a lot of money in a fancy store used to get people sent to prison, and many are still there. There are people here that were put in prison for weed crimes. Yeah, it would be great if there was a radical exchange of wealth with people who have served time for something that politicians are making millions from now.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I don't know what I'm saying. I'm stoned.
Speaker 3: I still hadn't found anyone to smoke with besides the horny brownie lovers, but as usual, New York City didn't let me down.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: We're actually doing a story about people smoking weed in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm smoking weed in New York right now.
Speaker 4: That's crazy and you're doing it. What kind of weed is this?
Speaker 1: So this is like said Tiva as a cookies blend, you know, classic, But I get it from a smoke shop.
Speaker 4: You get it illegally from a deli.
Speaker 2: Well, from a smoke shop. You gotta be careful with what you give. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guy showed me photos of where he grows and stuff, so I trust him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is a picture of it.
Speaker 3: It's definitely true, which led me to address the most serious question that this issue had raised.
Speaker 4: I've got a dog at home, Like, do you think she loves me?
Speaker 3: Or do you think it's just like I'm the person that feeds her, so she just plays ball.
Speaker 1: Is love and that might be what you need. And even if it's not directed to you, that's the love you got, Like, that's your dog, So it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I guess it doesn't really matter whether you get your weed from a fancy dispensary or as part of some tragically misguided drug war, as long as you smoke it with a friend. My dog is love. I could cry. That's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 4: My dog is love. Love made a mess on the carpet.
Speaker 2: And love clean that mess up. It's all lovely. Show.
Speaker 3: My guest Tonight is an artist an entrepreneur. You know him from the band Good Charlotte. He's also the host of Paramount Plus reality competition series ink Master.
Speaker 4: Please welcome Joel Maddow.
Speaker 3: I don't have a tattoo, but my sister Laura has many tattoos, and she convinced my dad many years ago to get a tattoo on his ass of my stepmother's name Janice.
Speaker 1: And I love an ass tattoo.
Speaker 3: He he loved showing it to people and had to be like, Dad, keep the.
Speaker 4: Front of your pants up.
Speaker 2: Well, what I have?
Speaker 3: I have a quick montage of my dad being extremely stoic getting his tattoo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it were it.
Speaker 1: It's done, Jesus Chris. Oh, I mean best part of an ass tattoo? What the scream is getting it and then showing it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I get it when people get the tattoos in places all of a sudden, like someone gets one like a tramp stamp, and then they have to wear half shirts for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: It's the unset rule.
Speaker 3: So on your show, yes, there are human canvases that the contestants are using for these tattoos.
Speaker 1: That's what we call them.
Speaker 3: Do you I mean, as you assess it and criticize it, and like, do you feel bad talking shit about something that is going to be on someone's body forever?
Speaker 1: Okay? So everyone who has ever gotten more than one tattoo has gotten a bad tattoo, yes for sure. So part of you feels like it's to write a passage for them to get their bad tattoo. But okay, but part of the competition. No one's getting a terrible tattoo on a master. All the tattoo artists are great, but we are trying to It's like splitting hair sometimes. But we do have to find what's wrong with the tattoos to get people off the competition. So we have to we have to critique them. It doesn't feel great, right, they're obviously not standing the person with the tattoos not standing there.
Speaker 3: They're okay, okay, no, you have a screenshot.
Speaker 4: They're like, this is a piece of ship. You've ruined this person's.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, it's the best part and the worst part.
Speaker 3: I was talking to you before, and I don't have a tattoo, but I would like to get one.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to, like, right, I wanted to, you know, have meaning or represent something I love. But I was like, I don't love anything, like.
Speaker 3: I guess like I like TV and I like long one single rose.
Speaker 4: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: Roses are great. I have a great idea. Yeah, So you get everyone in the audience to write there name down. You put it in a hat. I put it in a hat, put it put all the names in a hat. Huh, draw a name from the hat and then get a tattooed on your neck. It will, yes, Sarah, Yes, it will make their life forever. First of all, the press alone that would come off of that, and then you know you have a connection with this person that you you know, in this wonderful city in New York. Someone in New York walking around saying, you know, Sarah has my name tattooed on her.
Speaker 4: Sharon b Envenue, full name, full name, full name.
Speaker 3: Absolutely what tattoos have you seen that We're either terrible amazing.
Speaker 4: I will tell you one tattoo.
Speaker 3: I only heard tell of it, but it's the greatest tattoo I've ever heard of.
Speaker 4: And I feel like it's timeless.
Speaker 3: Pray tell it's mister Spock, uh, you know from Star Trek love him and he's thinking Leonardmoy Leonard Nimoy as mister Spock and he's thinking, and then there's thought bubbles, and then what he's thinking of is himself with a mustache.
Speaker 4: I would never be sick of that. I feel like that's timeless.
Speaker 1: We call those ironic tattoos.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's like the mustache here, you got that.
Speaker 1: Or like fun tattooed on your knee funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't laugh like that too, music.
Speaker 1: I have a bad tattoo. Oh what is it? It's a dragon on my leg that looks like a seahorse.
Speaker 4: Did you want it to look like a sea horse? No?
Speaker 1: I got it in the basement when I was seventeen or eighteen, and it was the guy's first or second time tattooing.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet you made his day, like I'm going to make one of their day.
Speaker 4: I was famous and I ruined his leg.
Speaker 1: His name was dragon seahorse.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, you just played with good Charlotte for the first time in five years.
Speaker 4: How was it getting.
Speaker 5: Back up there?
Speaker 1: That was great? Thank you. It was fantastic. We had a great time. We haven't played in five years, except we did play my little sister in law's wedding, which was really our first show in five years. But we only did four songs there or five songs. But we played it when we were young in Vegas. Yes, lull Wayne came out, Weezy came out, played it, did a couple of songs with us. It was awesome sing.
Speaker 4: Some tight harms with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had your hit song twenty two years ago, life styles of the rich and famous, just like the Robin Lee Show.
Speaker 1: Just like the show.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you were to do that to like if you, if you in two thousand and two saw you now in twenty twenty three, do you think you would be an element in that song?
Speaker 1: Yes, I would say, uh, well, the song was less of a critique and more of a maybe a manifestation.
Speaker 4: Oh they're so with you there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I walk around and think of myself as rich and famous, right, but you know there's some irony there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Beeps, which I'm reverinterested in. You co founded Beeps, which is a streaming service where people can see I'm kidding jerky, you say, vice presidents deeps, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do.
Speaker 4: Better jokes to me.
Speaker 1: I actually, this is this is We've been working on this for seven years. It's a streaming platform for live concerts, and we just launched comedy. So where we feel like there's a place for comedy when you can't get the big special, you know, on Netflix or wherever, we feel like there's a big hole for for comedians to develop their specials and to you know, make their way up to the top of the comedy game.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so exciting. I know so many people that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you should send them over. Yeah yeah. And it's definitely it's a great platform too. For for the future of live music is absolutely people watch sports. They expect to be able to watch whatever the game they want. People want to see from every tour that goes out, tickets sell out. We all know how that goes us More and more, there needs to be a place for concerts and for bands to build their live audiences, and so live streaming is important to us and being a musician. We started it for the musicians.
Speaker 3: Hot Shitays explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus. This has been a Comedy Central podcast