Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: I'll want you about the music. So for people that might not have been familiar with your rap, what kind of what would you classify your music as?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it economic base? Are you talking about money? Is it socially conscious? Is it street rap?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What are you rapping about? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Great question. It is god honest truth. Shout out to my dog Dante. I had a meeting with Warner, like the big you know label Warner and were in a label and you know, we playing songs and shit, he rocking. He like, bro, you would I would sound like if Gucci was educated, right, not saying Gucci ain't educated. I don't like the way that came off, but it sounded he was like, Yo, this is an educated Gucci. And so I look at it as you know, rap is the most braggadocious genre of music. Right, we talk about how many girls we got, how many forms we drive, how much money we got, et cetera, And so my music I am using that as another.
Speaker 4: Average new to continue to educate. Right.
Speaker 6: It's like if I'm talking about you know, million dollar deal, just ready perspect this put my niggas on. You gonna have to respect this. Looking at commercial units out in Texas, like if I'm talking about ship and.
Speaker 4: They nigga, what the fuck is the perspectives game? Like you know what I mean? And so the idea is talk about the ship.
Speaker 6: We're doing we ain't no capping it, but more importantly opening it up to saying like, yo, I get what he's talking about, right, Like, so from the beginning of time, that's why I went by the Wall Street rap I'm talking about on the DIW band call Spreaders for some tall bread on the prow for.
Speaker 4: A tall chick with some good you know what I mean. Yeah, it was bleeped that out that I brought his head out of it.
Speaker 6: But the idea is like, it's like, we're making this Wall Street stuff more relatable, right, and so you know, the music is something that I love doing.
Speaker 4: I've been making it for a while. And uh, but it's like what you're.
Speaker 6: Talking about, like what what what's gonna separate you? And it's based on financial yeah yeah yeah, but like but it's fun though, Like but so what I say about the music game is like I'll never be a starving artist, right, I'm working on Wall Street while I'm making music, right, I'm never you know what I mean? And so, but the greatest thing was like learning how to make money for music. I learned how to make money for music off sinks and licensing. So what that is is getting your songs placed in TV shows, movies, video games. To date, my greatest placement was I got a song called a dub. When I'm talking some Wall Street shit, it's on NBA two K, so that shit's spinning. I'm talking about people all over.
Speaker 4: The world hitting me yo.
Speaker 6: NBA two K bought me here. NBA two K bought me here. But the spins on it crazy. So I'm getting to check off that. But then I'm on Showtime, I'm on the SHA, I'm on HBO, I'm on South Side, I'm on Netflix, I'm on Outer Banks, I'm on BT, several shows on BT. Shout out. I didn't hit BT over the head, right, I'm on I was on a gang of stuff on BT.
Speaker 3: On it.
Speaker 4: I used to have it written down.
Speaker 6: But the idea is, like, bro, when you make an upbeat rhythm, you're finding the correct frequency, right like music is science g and if you know how to hit that frequency upbeat, like most scenes break anytime you listen to, anytime you watch a movie or here commercial, when you hear music, they paid that artist to use their songs.
Speaker 4: And generally they.
Speaker 6: Not gonna pay Kanye because he gonna have a stupid baggy.
Speaker 4: I need a million to use this.
Speaker 6: They pay smaller artists right in order to license their music. And so that's a niche that I that I love. I literally just got to email probably three four weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Like yo, in the.
Speaker 6: Best part, bro, it's like you build a library of music and sometimes you don't even got to put it out, it's throwaways. But what you do is you have, like the way the name of the game there is, and I've done this before, you get on LinkedIn and you just google, not Google, You go on LinkedIn everything and when you think of search, like that's good, you go on linked In and you search. Music supervisor. And music supervisors are the people that take a scene of a movie or a video game or commercial and they say, Okay, what's the mood of this scene? This is the type of music I want. So then they reach out to what I would call music brokers, right, their music programmers, et cetera. Right, and they have like an inventory of cribs.
Speaker 4: Right if you're a real estate broker.
Speaker 6: They got an inventory of songs and then they're reading and they saying, okay, what's this. Okay, so we need an upbeat song that's talking about women empowerment. We need a dance record because they are in the club right boom, and so Shorty's able to shout out, Melissa, you to go. She's able to take my music and pitch it and say, yo, this is that right where you?
Speaker 4: I remember? Man, she hit me with a Who's Melissa.
Speaker 6: She runs the company one of the companies that I use that goes out and pitch my music. So like literally she emailed me three four weeks ago like yo, it's like an agent effectively, right, And she's taking my music and she's pitching it and saying, Yo, they want this type of song.
Speaker 4: Do you approve of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Like I remember I Hi had a song and like, the thing is this song ain't of out?
Speaker 4: Is not out?
Speaker 6: I made it probably three four years ago. I don't even remember it. Like when she asked, I'm like, yo, what's the song? And I'll talk to the producer like, bro, you cool with this? He's like, bro, send me the song. I don't even know what it is. He like, oh, that shit hard, bro. We might got to put it out now.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 4: Erners. What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner, or even just thinking about launching something soon. Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square backslash, go backslash euyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Like in my mind, I'm gonna have to put it out because you'll get organic plays from it, so you're gonna get even more money. So you're gonna get the money on the on the license in side. But then right, how many times have you been watching the TV show like, Yo, what's that Shazam? Well, yeah, that's the name Sazam?
Speaker 4: What song is this? Right?
Speaker 6: And then that's how you get even played, so you getting on the front end and the back end.
Speaker 7: How profitable is it, like even for like a two k, like when you get paid to do it first to license it, but obviously people paid through inside the game and then maybe people go find it on the streaming platform. How profitable is it? Is it like we're gonna give you ten thousand for.
Speaker 2: The How that work? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Every every show has a different budget, Every movie has a different music budget. Where I think Showtime they can offer you a little bigger bad, like saying commercials and movies is the biggest.
Speaker 4: I ain't got there yet.
Speaker 6: I took a little hiatus because I just got two babies, two under two, so it's been super real in the crib. But I'm getting back down right. But I remember when Melissa hit me one time. She's like, Yo, I'm so sorry, I'm coming at you late, but I got a commercial. They paying a hundred racks. It was for Google bro. Me and my dog finished out my brother Finny. We went in and knocked out like two three songs and forty minutes sent it to us.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 6: And the idea is knowing the type of frequency, knowing how not to cuss as much like I don't have that much cursing on my music, right because you're gonna need the clean version.
Speaker 4: They're gonna need the MP three.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sorry, they don't need the you know, the high wave foul the instrumental in the clean version, right. But when you're doing that, it's all about just knowing the frequency, like having fun in the music. But some people, you know, like that dark sad you know, slitch, your wrist type music too, where that might get a good placement, but like the big placements is a feature film, Like I get one of them that's up.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because I never thought about that before. But I definitely, you know, you hear songs that you never heard of, like in these TV shows stuff like that. It's like background music. Yeah, for like a couple of seconds, you know, we think about it. But like, definitely a lot of songs. I mean, of course you hear like some big name artists, but a lot of times you hear it's been like a power and stuff like that. You'll just hear random stuff, yeah, that you've never heard before ever.
Speaker 6: So all those artists probably get paid I would say anywhere from five to fifteen K. But the game is getting multiple placements. There's a young I know this one girl who'd just be knocking out c W placements. She getting like five a month, and it's like, I doubt she's gonna, you know, disclose her source because when you're looking at it, if c W is looking for this song, then they go to me and her and my stuff might be better. She ain't. She ain't gonna disclose it. But the idea is you start out music supervisor. I want to slap myself right now because I found the music supervisor for all of Activision Blizzard, so that's all their stuff, right. I went to this thing called sync Con with me and my producer shout Out Jay Mix. We went out there and we was just networking like crazy, like NFL. Somebody was there from the like, because everybody has music to take any scene of a movie to the next level, right Like, anytime you turn on TV, you're gonna hear music like that is what we are, right whether it's that, whether it's just some normal classical music hip hop, like hip hop the number one genre right now, right EDM, club scene whatever, like those DJs are getting paid and the reality is if you're signed, it's harder to get the clearance and they're gonna charge you more.
Speaker 4: So you know, the big pub deals.
Speaker 6: Et cetera, and so certain people they rather go after smaller artists. And so if you're a small artist, bro find you LinkedIn music supervisor, Google music supervisor companies right Google sync and licensing companies, and that's how you really take your music to the next level where you come from being a starving artist, because right now I'll just knock out a song and I'll just send it to it.
Speaker 4: I won't even get a mixing master.
Speaker 6: If I'm like, yo, you rock this all right for show, I'll make that investment to get it mixing mastered. Because the same way the studio in the crib. Here, I'm recording in the crib right like when I first started making music. Bro, it's all about having like you say, no overhead right like, because the studio session might be seventy five to one hundred and twenty five hours an hour. Mob's going there by four four hour session. They bring a lot of friends with him. They smoke and drink and you look up, you only knocked out one song. I'm at the crib. I'm knocking out songs, quit and the ideas. Right, had a great producers, and you're telling them, I need this to be sample free. That's the only way your music could go in if it's a sample in it, if they sample in anything, any voice or anything, and it's not like, uh, what's it called a public domain, which is meaning you had it, it's been out for over I think a hundred years or whatever it is, then you can't use it.
Speaker 4: So like my music supervisor. She called me. She say, Yo, is.
Speaker 6: This sample free? I'm like absolutely, you know I don't send you none with it, So like, Ali, let's go. I got somebody that want.
Speaker 4: And like that. I mean I used to.
Speaker 6: I had a run where I was just going crazy before the pandemic, and then I had two pandemic babies and I was just slowing down.
Speaker 4: When I'm back down, we got a new song GAL called money Gang. It's hard.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,