Speaker 1: Hey it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through.
Speaker 2: Hey It's Delilah.
Speaker 1: You know when you're happy and you share it, or when you're blessed, When you have something good happen and you share it with others.
Speaker 2: Makes it all that much better. It does. When you see a beautiful vista, a beautiful view, When.
Speaker 1: You can share that with somebody, like in real time and real person, it's so much more beautiful. And if they're not there, when you take a picture and send it to them and say I'm thinking of you, I'm missing you, I wish you were here to enjoy this with me, makes it all the more special.
Speaker 2: Nicola, what can I do for you?
Speaker 3: I need to request the song. And there's a little bit of a story behind it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: When I was younger, I was really, really sick, to the point that when I was twenty, I had brain surgery to cure it. The doctors told me that it might get worse, I might get better, but not to expect a cure because it wasn't going to happen. And ten years later, the doctors are now telling me, don't come back. You're cured. So my life is totally different than when anybody expected. They thought that I was going to be dependent on the system for my entire life. How old are you now, a Naicola, I'm thirty.
Speaker 2: You're thirty now.
Speaker 1: So at twenty you decided you couldn't live with the condition that you had.
Speaker 2: Were you epileptic?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I was, And actually the doctors decided that if I didn't have the surgery, I was just going to get worse and worse and worse. And I was already unable to work, unable to go to school.
Speaker 1: So really it was a choice between being really, really miserable or being less miserable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: I have a friend named Stacy Lynn who have made that same choice, and she was only the second or third person to ever have the surgery, and you know, she said, what have I got to lose?
Speaker 2: I can't live like this.
Speaker 3: That was pretty much my choice. Was I either continue to live like this or I take the risk of not waking up, And the risk of not waking up was a better one. And here I am ten years later. I've got a job, I've got a good life. I volunteer on a regular basis. I do things on the side, extracurricular. Nobody ten years ago would have guessed that this is where I would be. But one of the side effects I had is I lost a lot of memories of my childhood.
Speaker 2: Well a lot of us try to do that.
Speaker 3: I know, but I don't really remember a lot about my brothers and my relationship. And we have an awesome relationship. Now that didn't That wasn't always the way it was. Right after my surgery, we actually grew apart, but now we're like best friends.
Speaker 2: Hi, good evening. You called Delilah. Who is this?
Speaker 4: Hi, Delilah, This is Muriel, Muriel, Welcome.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: I would like to request this song to my one and only love, the only man that ever gave me butterflies?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Stevie?
Speaker 1: How long has Stevie been bringing butterflies into your life?
Speaker 4: Since I was eighteen and I'm thirty seven now.
Speaker 2: So a long time, a long long time.
Speaker 4: We have one beautiful baby girl, Aba Marie.
Speaker 1: Tell me what it is about Stevie that still makes your heart go pitter pat. And this puts this big old grin that I can feel on your face.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just missing him. My daughter and I are at our camper house. We stayed for one more day to have a mother daughter to day. We had a wonderful weekend with our family was here and he was more than wonderful, just as always.
Speaker 1: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who was this? This is Nick? How are you?
Speaker 5: Delilah?
Speaker 2: Nick? I am wonderful. How are you?
Speaker 4: Woke up?
Speaker 5: Breathing and happy?
Speaker 2: Waking up? Breathing is important to being happy, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's the beginning of everything.
Speaker 1: It is because if you wake up and you're not breathing, you're probably not very happy that day.
Speaker 5: You've given me a lot of hope and perspective, and I must say you have through the years. And I'm actually calling to put a song out to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you? What song can I play from you to me?
Speaker 5: Something with hope and love.
Speaker 1: Something with hope and Okay, I'll pick one of my favorites and I will play it and I will dedicate it to both of us.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 5: Thank you, Delilah. You're amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you Nick. Hi, good evening. You've called the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Carrie?
Speaker 2: Hi, Carrie, thank you for calling tonight. What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't. I've got it, be given a second chance at love and a second chance at life in getting things right the proper way. I divorced. I'm happily divorced, odd to say, but and then happily engaged. And my daughter is thoroughly and thoroughly I love the my fiance Mansley.
Speaker 5: So I'm very fortunate.
Speaker 6: I thought I'd give other ladies out there some hope of well I ever find somebody, and you know, will my kid ever be able to, you know, have the normal life? Yes, it is possible. I didn't think it would be.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: How long have you been divorced for I've been divorced for about I think it's a been about two years, and your your heart has heel to the point that you're ready to try again. Yes, And what song would you like to hear from mister wonderful?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 6: His name Robert?
Speaker 2: What song do you want to hear from Robert and your daughter?
Speaker 6: Anything new take will be suitable.
Speaker 1: All right, let me find something wonderful to help you celebrate the fact that life is bringing you joy.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, jib.
Speaker 2: Fred. What can I do for you?
Speaker 8: Oh wow, I'm surprised I she got you. I've been calling you for like months.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you made it through. Thank you. What can I play for you?
Speaker 8: Recently? I just got in a relationship a girl that I've known for quite a while, and you know, since like the first day I met her, I knew I wanted to be with her, and it took like three years for us to finally, you know, get in a relationship and been dating for five months. And those five months in the best month of my life.
Speaker 2: So you are stupid in love?
Speaker 8: Yes I am.
Speaker 2: And what's her name?
Speaker 8: Tiffany?
Speaker 2: So tell me what you love so much about Tiffany?
Speaker 8: Oh so much? Just you know, the way she smiles, the way she encourages me. You know, like I'm I have one of those days when I'm feeling down and she just springs up my day completely.
Speaker 2: She brings you joy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 2: All right, let me find a good song to help you celebrate. Hi, Delilah, Hi Sheila, Welcome to the Delilah Show. What can I do for you?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to call and tell you what a blessing you are in my life. And I love listening to you and your stories inspire me and I just love. I just listened and heard about your little daughter, Delilah, and how giving and carying she is, and it reminded me of my daughter when she was five. She just wanted to go around and hug everyone, and you know, had smiles on her face and was just to join a blessing. And now I have my own little three year old soon to be three year old granddaughter who I believe has the same name as your granddaughter, Georgia.
Speaker 2: My little Georgia poor Gie we call her. We call her Georgias.
Speaker 7: Yes, well mine's called Georgie and she's named after my grandmother. So it's a real blessing. But I just wanted to call and say I enjoy your show and thank you so much for being there.
Speaker 2: Thank you you have a great night.
Speaker 7: I will thank you so much, Delilah.
Speaker 2: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you.
Speaker 1: I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey, it's Delilah