Speaker 1: Yep, hi Andrew, oh, hi, sky are doing? We're in July? Yeah? What's today? June July one, two three, Today's July fourth, that's wow, fourth of July. Happy Independence Day, Happy Independence Day, seventeen seventy six. How old are we? Two hundred and oh? We're almost at the two hundred fifty years celebration. So and that's a I think that is a you know, twenty twenty six is going to be our fifty years or two hundred fifty year celebration.
Speaker 2: Let's say bye by sentences, because one hundred fifty years is a Sesqui centennial.
Speaker 1: You're getting matthy on me.
Speaker 2: Well, because when I lived in Iowa, I remember they had the sequis serial.
Speaker 1: Killers in time. I don't care. I'll just say anything to shut him up. Some boys watch for some This one doesn't even say welcome to serial killers. So we'll say it for you, welcome to serial killers. We do have the one that goes just serial killers. Have you never sent me that one?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you all the files, promise, I promise I will. But anyway, so it's July fourth. Yeah, So when I was in Iowa, it was nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Serial killers in turn national What were we saying in nineteen ninety four? It was the Sequis? What were we saying?
Speaker 2: It was Iowa's Sesquis centennial, which was one hundred fifty years. Please stop, okay, I'll stop anyway.
Speaker 1: You're the one that said it was going to be two hundred and fifty years. Yeah, I did the math in my head. You did, yes, because I know the fiftieth didn't it already happened? No? What's what's? What's? Sorry? I turned my chair when I get really really hold on.
Speaker 2: What's twenty twenty two minus nineteen, so minus seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 1: We're at two one hundred eight? What was that? Wink? Well? I I didn't want to wave subtract four. We're at two hundred and forty six. Is that how it works? Yes?
Speaker 2: I can't even find my calculator. This is the stupidest phone ever. Where's my calculator?
Speaker 1: Or here it is? Okay?
Speaker 2: So this is twenty twenty two I know minus nineteen.
Speaker 1: God damn it. Sorry, twenty twenty two hundred twenty four. That means twenty twenty eight twenty two because seventeen minus seventeen seventy six equals two hundred and four. So this is the two hundred and forty sixth anniversary. Ye, so another four years which I just said I didn't hear you, and then you had me thinking I was crazy. I said this, I didn't hear what you said. Yes, would you say twenty twenty eight, twenty twenty six, twenty twenty six is going to be the fiftieth two hundred and fiftieth. That's like they're already planning the giant celebration for it. Wow. Yeah, Oh, we get a whole committee that's planning what our two hundred and fiftieth like celebration party is going to committee? Are we going to get special quarters again? Maybe I want to be surprised because you remember, like you, I feel like two fifty is a big one. Three hundred is almost kind of like, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You see, like the drummer Boy quarters, they're getting rarer and rarer or more rare.
Speaker 1: Like when you get that.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm sure you don't even look at your change, right, but like when you look at your change, you go oh. When we were kids, you go, oh, my got a drummer boy because that was the that was the nineteen seventy sixth quarter. That was the bi centennial edition that whatever it was. A lot of the change were by centennial issued, so there were like special ones.
Speaker 1: For two under the year. But actually go online. It's there's like a website and everything for the what do you call it two hundred and fiftieth What is two hundred fiftieth two hundred and fifty It's probably like a bell Bison Quentennial or something like that. It's our semi quin centennial. Oh, it was close. The United States semi quin Centennial will be the two hundred fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Festivities will be scheduled. They're already playing them. I told you we should have playing Look, there's already a campaign that's going on for it. There's a video. Do you know how much I love this, like failed Olympic city bids, looking at all the planning that goes into it and the logos. I love that that never happens. I love it so much. I like seeing what host cities like plan and their logo and their designs. I love that.
Speaker 2: I guess I have to submit it when they submit their bid, right, Yes, speaking of Quarter has a weird cossassination with it. Have you seen the newest Quarter? Look there's Maya Angelou. That's awesome, right, and look George got a makeover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's side. They really should have fixed his hair a little. I know they give them a little ponytail. I don't really I don't care for that. Whatever, it's still worth twenty five cents, that's true. So anyway, last week we said that we'd be getting to the second of the new cap'n Crunch DC comic cereals, So let's break it out.
Speaker 2: See in the store, they kind of fool you because they make it look like it's two different cereals. It's Strongberry and they're Superman on that side and on the adverse is Supergirl?
Speaker 1: Right? You still call her Supergirl? Never super Woman? Right? Supergirl Superwoman separate, that's a different one. There's a super Woman, yeah, and then there's Supergirl. And isn't there some like super little Kid now too? That just came out. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a dog, No, there's a there's like a what was that one called? It's like super kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah. See there's super Woman, right, and then yeah, there's Supergirl. Wait is she Supergirl? Who is she? It's a Supergirl? Is there's god? Well, she's a DC comic, so there's so many of them. Anyway, this is a new cap'n Crunch variety, strong Berry. It's strawberry naturally and artificially flavored cereal. Last week we had the cinnamon one that had the Flash on it, and it was pretty decent.
Speaker 2: So they just tried to cheat us by putting two different superheroes, one on either side.
Speaker 1: Got slapped by that box. I know what the funny thing is.
Speaker 2: I got this at shop right okay, and on the display there was a coupon that said one dollar off any cap'n Crunch cereal, So it wasn't the coupon wasn't scanning. I was at the self checkout lane and the woman is like, that's not for them, it's for cap'n Crunch. I'm like, this is cap'n Crunch.
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 2: I'm like, look it's I mean it doesn't appear to there's no cap'n on here, but it is a cap'n Crunch And she's like, oh, wh okay, and then she overrode the thing.
Speaker 1: You know, but I could see you living for that. I can just see you being like, I just wanted my dollar, I know, but I could just see you being like, she's gonna think that it's not Captain Crunch, but I can't wait to go like this and get my dollar offy Like I'm picturing this happening in my head, like the delight in your face when it wouldn't scan but you being like, but I know it's Captain Crunch. Learn a bit cereal checkout person. No, I actually said, I know it's cap'n Crunch. Look that's what I said, truly, not surprised that you did that.
Speaker 2: I'm shaking it. That's okay. You don't have to it's broken anyway. You shake okay, thank you, skydy my shakes. You don't really have to shake it that hard because it's just all it is, just different colors oho that you know what this might be more like crunch berry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the oops all berries, but they're weird triangle shield shapes, I think. Yeah, oh oh wow, that was a burst of berry here. Oh wow, that was a burst of berry. Indeed, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what kind of berries, but it uh the uh.
Speaker 1: That was a berry burst. They kind of smell like fruit roll ups. See and again you know what this must be just like crunchberry or oops all berries, because there's a green one in here too, and I don't know it's a greenberry. It smells like a fruit loop. No, no fruit roll up. It smells like like it smells like crunchberries. Now, crunchberries don't smell like this. Crunchberries have a very specific smell. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know because when I lived in Cedar Rapids, I would pass the Quaker oat factory and Thursdays, Thursday, Thursdays was crunchberry day, and that's when Blazer would stick his head out the window and lick the air.
Speaker 1: Good. Sure, Andrew, I'm just trying to paint a picture. What do you care? My god? Strawberry? Okay, so they're all strawberry flavored. I guess. Okay, where's You're gonna get shocked? And I'm gonna laugh. Also, are you playing golf after this? Yeah? Yeah I am.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bed page black and I got have my tea time. I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna say with those shorts. And again, so this is from a Quaker captain crunch DC comics Strongberry Cereal Carla one thing. Okay, well not quite what I thought they would be. Me either. I don't love it me either. Like I don't really like the consistency of it. Now, it tastes weird. Last the cinnamon. Oh, it almost tastes burnt. Yeah right, two bowls and a spoon. I'm not even going that hide. I'm gonna go a bawl in a spoon. I don't like it. I almost feel like it wants to. It could have been like a berry Berry Kicks, which you know I love General Mills, and and then there's this and this just kind of like falls flat, real flat. It tastes burnt, right, looks like Superman found his kryptonite.
Speaker 2: Very good, Andrew, very very good. That's very just that's disappointing. What I love how you crack yourself up. Hold on, here he is and there's the cryptonite green.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, you're right?
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, well huh now what well, don't you have more cereals?
Speaker 1: I do, But after that, it's just like, wow, do you want to keep lollygagging around? I like to lollygag. I know you do say it the ball chat? Okay, So Oh my god. Do you ever get like a random cough? Yes, and it's and and you can't stop. And ione's like, are you okay? I'm like, yes, I just and water.
Speaker 2: Doesn't help sometimes weird, you know. All Right, So last week we had uh, let's say, there was a granola. I'm trying to think of what we did last week. Yes, so when I was in and.
Speaker 1: Chop, you know, he could literally just turn this over and see what we gave to everything.
Speaker 2: Picking up the good and gather granola from. I also got another box that we never did before. Okay, this is the organic line I'm in. It's Nature's Promise kids. Okay, Peanut butter dots. Peanut butter dots. This guy is on his back falling into the ball of milk and he's like, ah, like he's look at him, yeah, like he's in distress.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, he might be drowning. Should someone help him? That's what I'm saying. On this side too, he's the same thing. Also, they just got clip art and they just kept using it.
Speaker 2: And if you look carefully, that looks like a butt right underneath him.
Speaker 1: Is that his butt or his balls? It could be a girl. Yeah, that's true. That's true. Don't know, Andrew, don't go assuming. Yeah, you're right. So Nature's Promised Kids organic peanut butter dots. This was at Stop and Shop, also found at Giant, same company. I think I'm gonna like this one. I hope we do because we had we had peanut butter similar. Wasn't that Nate's favorite? That was Nate's favorite cereal? Yeah, I just peanut butter Bumpers is such a funny name.
Speaker 2: Now, we did have a Nature's Promise Kids cereal before. I could not find it at Cerial KILLERSPC dot com. So if this is a repeat, it would be the first.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh and then when you fire Scott, Holy did you see what just fell out of there? Are they gigantic?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: A toy? There's a problem. Look what's in here? Ooh no, it's like a piece of peanut brittle that doesn't belong in there. Yeah, that's a peanut butter problem. I'm not kidding. Look at that? Did you like that? What? But wait?
Speaker 2: Look there's stuff in there that doesn't belong in here. Don't break it apart becase I'm gonna eat it. But still, huh, that's a lot that's a lot of peanut butter. I have a feeling that we're gonna be writing an email and getting a free box. Wow, that's all you buddy? Love serial killers? No, this is an error box.
Speaker 1: Did you like what I said though? Did you catch my joke? Peanut butter buddy? No? I said, that looks like a peanut butter p problem. Yeah, you know, I just feel like my humor wasn't appreciated. I'll tell you one thing. It's a delicious cluster. Well, let's have some. I'll have to do this because it needs to be sparing. Okay, well, because we have one more left. We're running low on our farmland, milk farmland. What? Okay, there, you go home, Thank you, You're welcome. But here's my question. So this cluster is basically a big old peanut butter cluster with some chunks of stuff inside of it. But I'm wondering if that peanut butter was designated for our cereal. I hope there's not less peanut butter on these. I think because we got a cluster, and I could tell you from now they don't look too peanut butter covered, right, Okay? One, two, three, Well, that just fine, they're good. Yeah, I want to eat this cluster though. Mm do you think it's okay? Do you think something's wrong with it? Peanut butter? Hm hm m m, that's all right. I don't think there's enough peanut butter on it. I think that I do.
Speaker 2: I think that this cluster was destined for our box and it didn't happen. I think I'm gonna take a picture after you bit it. Yeah, well, I'm gonna have to submit that for your claim. Yep, it's not and you're eating it again? Well, because because the cereal needs more peanut butter. I'm telling you, I think we should try another box. I think that was for the cereal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't disagree. It just wasn't evenly distributed. I am gonna give this one huh four balls dots a four s. I don't know, man, I just could I just think that we're not getting the full. Oh it is good. I mean they're like they're kick like coated with peanut butter. Yeah, but it might just be this box. They have peanut butter taste, which is great, but it's it's a little salty. It's not enough. It's definitely not enough. Peanut butter. That's why. Yeah, I don't want to eat that.
Speaker 2: I think that chunk I'm telling hmm, that's a good chunk. I don't know if I'm supposed to be eating it, because there's other things in there other than just the dots, Like there's pieces of oats and stuff in there. Like I feel like the machine got jammed and then went and just fell.
Speaker 1: In or it like got backed up and the person was just like they're just hitting.
Speaker 2: In the stick and it just fell it. It just went, Hey, Jim, clear the jam all right?
Speaker 1: Fell in the box? Which one? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whatever ship it? Okay, Well maybe there's gonna be a recall now when I bring this to light.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, wouldn't you be so lucky. I'm gonna give it a three balls in a spoon. It's pretty local. Cereal enthusiast causes a panic.
Speaker 2: And now there's a shortage of cereal thanks to him. Jerk right, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Could have used a little more. Yeah, peanut butter. Uh, Captain crunch is better. What do you think this guy's name is? The falling guy? I don't I couldn't tell you what his name is. I think her name is Dorothy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, Well because dot okay, Dottie, Yeah right, all right, Dot is short for Dottie.
Speaker 1: It's Dorothy. Yeah, all right, let's move on. Oh we're taking a break back right after this. Don't pack pork andy. I really love that you have to do that every time there's a commercial. Well, I'm just guessing which commercial it is. No, you have to like, what do the announcer like type of thing when we go to a commercial, Like, you can't just play the music where people know. You have to be like and we'll be back right after this. I'm just guiding them. I know. It's just funny the way you do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a feeling you're gonna ask me something after this episode, aren't you for what? Am I gonna have to drive you home?
Speaker 1: No day? Why? Oh? How come? Because you're in a rush? I enjoy your company, though, but you're in a rush, I am. I do have things to do.
Speaker 2: So all right, let's get to the last let's go to let's get to the last box. It's another store brand that was sent to us Essential every Day. Because in the last episode you also said you like rice cereals. Yes, so here's a generic store brand rice cereal. It's fake rice crispies and it's simply crispy rice toasted rice cereal. Okay, all right, so obviously they're rice crispies or wanna be rice crispy?
Speaker 1: Do we have bananas? No? I wouldn't allow it anyway, Andy, come on, you know the rules.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But rice crispy with banana is like so freaking good the sound of breakfast. Just add ice cold milk to all. You have to sing it? No, I don't, Yes, you do. It's oh look, there's musical notes that you can't write here. Okay, well, we'll sing to each other.
Speaker 3: Just add ice cold milk a ball of this crispy.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that looks like the Twitter brunch? Yeah? You think they're gonna get stolen?
Speaker 3: Uh cereal and you'll hear it. By the way, there's music to you her ears you go.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the Twitter bird's name is? Tweet? No, it's not. The actual Twitter bird has a name Twitter. No, you don't want to tell you. Yeah, it's Larry. Why the bird's name is Larry? Who said that?
Speaker 2: Because the founder was a fan of Larry Bird? The basketball player. Check it out.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm actually not. I'm not pulling that out of my ass. I know I believe that even though that random fact.
Speaker 2: That's not the actual Twitter bird, but it looks like him. That's a little copyright get there. Absolutely so, Yeah, the Twitter Bird's name is Larry because of Larry Bird the basketball player.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I think Larry Bird actually played Survivor too. Really, I could be wrong on this one. I don't, you know, I don't really.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he was from Hoboken, wasn't he? Because I used to remember driving under the bridge there and it had said Larry Bird on the thing, and I'm pretty sure that he is a child of Hoboken.
Speaker 1: Larry Bird did not play Survivor. I don't know why I thought he did. M let me see, Larry Bird he did something.
Speaker 2: Maybe they played basketball for many years anyway, Okay, No, he did not. Cool Essential every Day is a brand that you can find at some supermarkets throughout the country. It's a generic brand, and we are completely out of milk.
Speaker 1: How I just you just what's the word I'm looking for? You're such a pro.
Speaker 2: Get the peanut butter off the spoon, otherwise it'll mess up your taste buds.
Speaker 1: Okay to day, Hold on, hold, I gotta hear.
Speaker 2: If it's crackling, Yes, it is snap crackling and poppingsh it's actually.
Speaker 3: Just add ice cold milk to a ball of this crunchy crispy cereal and you'll hear a sound that's music to your ears.
Speaker 1: It's crisping and singing, and it's a cracky symphony that announces the goodness of oven toasted rice. Sounds good, doesn't It got to read the back of the box. It tastes weird. It doesn't taste like rice crispies. Really you think it does. I think it's a little bit different. I tries crispies for you. I really love to taste of rice crispy. So this is just gonna get four balls in a spoon for me. Ok I know it's super bland. Sorry, everybody, don't like go into this expecting if it taste sweet or anything else. It's just rice krispies.
Speaker 2: You just say four balls in a spoon. Yep, I'm giving it two balls in a spoon. There's something just weird about it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I think if you want rice Crispies. You actually have to get rice crispies. I don't think you can go. There are some serials where you just can't go generic. I mean Raisin Bran is one of them.
Speaker 1: I love. Some of them are okay, but JA exactly like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, Oh, thank you, Rupert appreciate it and ink. Yeah, we need that. We're running it said that we're dangerously low.
Speaker 1: The printer needs to time it down. We're dangerously low. Love very dramatic printer. I'm just picturing it like texting its friends like I'm dangerously low. They don't care anyway. Thank you for checking out this episode of serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms, including Twitter at serial killers PC, Yes, and head to serial killerspc dot com if you want to check out every cereal we've ever reviewed ever ever.
Speaker 2: I bet you I missed one or two. I would be my because I compile the list and then I send it to other.
Speaker 1: Skuff Yes, and you could check out our episodes. If you're watching this on YouTube, click the subscribe button wherever it is, or like this video, leave us comments. Do you think she's gonna come busting in here? No? Not like that one custodian that did that one time. I love when you say custodian. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just makes me think of school and like me vomiting in the hallway and then putting sawdust down. That's a custodian, I guess, or.
Speaker 1: Please never ever give me that mental image. But we also call them a janitor. I mean, what are they just cleaning people? I don't I don't know. I don't know what the proper terminology is.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying custodian because the sign out there says janitor's closet. I think custodian is okay, okay, But isn't a custodian also somebody that like has custody of a child. Sometimes the custodian of I don't know, right, I think I don't know anyway, Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Be here Wednesday when we have an all new, big old long Bowl Chat. That's the sister podcast to serial Killers, who we just talk about whatever, So please don't get confused. Wednesdays is other than cereal.
Speaker 1: We need to figure something for Fridays. Let's keep going once in a while, Friday did weren't We can do like crazy, stupid foods that we wouldn't eat on Fridays. So why we should get back into that again because people love when we throw up. Yeah, sadly, you still haven't had the cottage cheese, buddy. Also, somebody gave you something. Oh yes, I listen.
Speaker 2: Juan Huan, he gave me a I don't maybe won't say what it is. Maybe we'll just take it out on a Friday. Okay, I'll cram your mouthful of cottage cheese and you cram my mouthful of that.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a tardines. It is not. It does come into cam but it's not sardines. Oh no, is it tuna fish? No? What, it doesn't matter. I have to eat it.
Speaker 2: Ok, you're eating the cottage cheese. Would you like large curd or small curd or whipped? I could have fruit in it too, if strawberry, peach, blueberry, raspberry.
Speaker 1: Like i've Actually, why do you get the hus I just don't like.
Speaker 2: Oh and pineapple. Oh, my favorite cottage cheese is with pineapple.
Speaker 1: I just picture it tasting ultra sour. Look if you can put pineapple on pizza, I can put pineapple and cottage hine. I'll have pineapple with cottage cheese. Hey, well, thank you all for listening. Until next time, we'll say crunch Andrew, crunch cool. Do you want me to sing this again? The sound, it's