Speaker 1: After the death of Teddy Wells is initially treated as a possible suicide, police discover clues that suggest something more deliberate. Ada, his eighty nine year old mother, makes a quiet but startling confession she took the life of her adult, nonverbal, autistic son, not in a moment of panic, but with intention, care and love. Detective Curtis brings her in for questioning. Despite her age and fragile appearance, Ada doesn't waiver. She admits what she did and insists she was fully aware. Alexis Martinez, a sharp and compassionate attorney and former Adya, is brought in by Ada's friend and neighbor Gina to defend her and quickly moves to suppress the confession. But Ada, dignified and unwavering, stuns everyone when she calmly insists, I want to have a trial, not to escape punishment, but to explain why. At the DA's office, Dana Jeffreys is handling the case. She's ambitious and eager to prove herself. Harvey, her boss, makes it clear this is a political hot button and she's been chosen as the public face because she looks good and plays by the rules. It's not about justice, It's about optics. Still, Dana accepts the challenge, supported behind the scenes by her longtime loving boyfriend Ethan. As Dana steps into Ada's reality, her black and white worldview begins to blur. The haunting truth of what life was like for Ada alone for decades with a nonverbal child who is completely dependent on her throws Dana off balance. The burden of judgment is now hers to carry, and it's heavier than she imagined. It's not just about law now, it's about meaning, legacy, and the right to define your own story. What looked like a straightforward mercy killing becomes something deeper and messier, a public courtroom battle over the meaning of caregiving, autonomy, and dignity. Interior Dana's house foyer, night closes, the front door behind her, sets down her briefcase. The sound of laughter floats in from the living room. Interior Dana's living room, continuous. Dana enters to find Ethan with two other couples, Izzie and Marshall and Corey and James, all in their thirties. They stand in chat, drinks in hand. Appetizers and plates adorn the coffee table. Everyone lets out of cheer at the side of Dana.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold one second, there's only five of you in the room.
Speaker 3: That might be too many people.
Speaker 1: Everyone lets out of cheer at the sight of day Ethan walks over to give Dana a kiss.
Speaker 4: There you are.
Speaker 5: I totally forgot. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm late.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm late.
Speaker 1: They move into the group. Martin hans Dana a glass of wine.
Speaker 7: Not to worry, Darling. We all know how hard you work the police. The slacker can do is keep us entertained in your absence.
Speaker 1: Interior Dana's living room. Later, the three couples sprawl on the soface board games on the coffee table, along with dirty plates and half empty glasses. They finish a game of cards against humanity.
Speaker 5: Okay, final round?
Speaker 3: What gets better with age?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: You mean beside you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Nicely played?
Speaker 1: No, I just don't age period. It's true.
Speaker 8: I mean she's been twenty nine for six years now.
Speaker 1: Buzzy gives Marshall a playful backhand. Everyone looks through their cards, reads their answers.
Speaker 6: An ice pickle bottom oooh pre teen.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Iuzzy gives Marshall a look. What He shrugs.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ethan, what gets better with age.
Speaker 4: Full frontal nudity.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was saving that one.
Speaker 4: Dana finished us off.
Speaker 6: Not funny.
Speaker 5: The only card I.
Speaker 1: Have left yeast Dana and Izzy. The men laugh, the laughter dies off.
Speaker 4: I know, not funny, but kind of true.
Speaker 10: Actually, who won?
Speaker 9: Is he?
Speaker 11: Who always wins?
Speaker 6: Ethan?
Speaker 1: Of course? Corey raises his glass to Ethan. Everyone else crying.
Speaker 7: Always the nice ones you have to look out for, Ethan.
Speaker 1: Fan's being hurt oooh me. Dana gathers up the cards. The guests finish their drinks, stack plates and glasses, retrieve their belongings. Dana stands with Ethan to see their guests out. Marshall pat's Ethan on the back.
Speaker 4: Another fantastic evening.
Speaker 8: My brother is.
Speaker 1: He gives Ethan a kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 3: Ethan, you are the best.
Speaker 11: Host YouTube, Dana.
Speaker 10: Ethan, thanks again for the auction items. That training camp experience is going to fetch a pretty penny.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm happy to do it. All I did was make a call.
Speaker 10: Well, I appreciate it. We'll see you both there.
Speaker 6: Where was that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Remember how the galap for Alzheimer's in honor of Corey's dad.
Speaker 4: It's next weekend.
Speaker 6: That's right. Yeah, of course, sorry it it depends on where the trial's at.
Speaker 5: But I I hope so, me too.
Speaker 1: Hugs and goodbyes all around. Ethan waves. He closes the door after all the guests make their way out. Interior Dana's bedroom night. Dana and Ethan stood up in bed. Dana rubs lotion on her legs.
Speaker 4: That was a funny evening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what, your friends don't really like me. They just tolerate me because of you.
Speaker 4: What, babe, why would you say that? Besides, they're your friends too.
Speaker 5: H No, not really.
Speaker 6: I gained them by a default, and you knew them before you met me. I mean, if you and I weren't together, they wouldn't still be my friends. Like nobody likes lawyers.
Speaker 1: He grabs her, pulls her on to the bed.
Speaker 4: Well I do.
Speaker 1: He kisses her neck, tries to get her in a good mood.
Speaker 2: In fact, let me show you how much I like lawyers, this one in particular.
Speaker 1: They kiss more intently. He moves his hand up her thigh. She rolls over to get up. It just hold on, He tries to keep her in bed. She squirms out of his embrace.
Speaker 4: It'll be okay, just this once, just just leave it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: She heads to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: You know, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Speaker 1: He flops back on the bed, groans.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 11: Exterior Ada's backyard day.
Speaker 1: Ada sits at the patio table, a thick, plastic covered book open in front of her. She gazes out at the garden, where adult Teddy, a figment of her imagination, expertly tends to the plants. He is tall and broad, with an innocent open face, soft brown curls dance in a light breeze. Teddy turns to her, holds up a perfect red ripe tomato.
Speaker 12: I don't know how you do it, Teddy. Every year they're better.
Speaker 11: Than the last.
Speaker 1: He beams at her.
Speaker 12: Ada, I'm outside, deer.
Speaker 1: Gina emerges through the sliding door.
Speaker 6: There you are, is someone here.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard you talking. Ada looks at the garden again, then back at Gina.
Speaker 12: Shakes her head, just getting some fresh air. Thinking about Teddy.
Speaker 1: Gina gives her a squeeze, sees the book on the table.
Speaker 11: Is this his baby book?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 11: May I of course?
Speaker 1: Gina sits next to her flips through the book.
Speaker 13: Such a handsome boy.
Speaker 12: Do you think about having children?
Speaker 13: I used to, but I have endometriosis and couldn't get pregnant. I think that's why I became a teacher. I get thirty new children every year.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm sorry, Ugh. So many expectations around being a woman, being a mother.
Speaker 13: Yes, there are. That's why my husband left after only a year. He knew I couldn't never give him the son he wanted so badly.
Speaker 12: That wasn't your fault.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it that way. Ada puts her hand on Gina's. They look through the book together.
Speaker 12: That's the only photo Teddy's father ever took with him. He tried to distance himself as much as possible. I couldn't give him the son he wanted either.
Speaker 1: Close on a photo of young Ada seated with baby Teddy. An unsmiling man stands behind them.
Speaker 12: We were more alone when he was here than after he was gone.
Speaker 6: What happened? Unless it's too painful to.
Speaker 12: Talk about, there's nothing that can hurt me anymore.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 12: My husband blamed me, just like the doctors did. He said I'd baby Teddy too much and that he needed to start acting like a normal kid or else. I was afraid Jack might hurt him, especially after he'd drinking. One day, Teddy woke from a nap screaming. He screamed for hours. Nothing I tried would make him stop. Jack flew into a rage, yelling he couldn't take it anymore and that it was Teddy or him. I guess he could tell by the look in my eyes what my choice was, so he left never came back. I hated him for a long time, until I realized I didn't have the energy for it anymore. Sometimes I even felt sorry for him. I can only imagine what he experienced in the war just to come home to another.
Speaker 13: Are you sure you wouldn't rather stay with me?
Speaker 1: Teddy sits beside Ita, puts his head close to hers.
Speaker 12: No, thank you, dear, I'm all right here.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'll check in on you a little later. I've got lasagna in the oven for dinner. I'll bring some over.
Speaker 12: Mm. That sounds wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thank you, takes Gina's hand.
Speaker 12: You do such a beautiful job taking care of others. There's more than one way of being a mother.
Speaker 1: Gina gives her a hug. Interior office of the District attorney. Day Dana enters from the street, walks towards her office with a paper takeout bag. Her assistant runs.
Speaker 3: Up, Dana, the Emmy called while you were out sis. He's got fifteen minutes for you if you can.
Speaker 1: Get there before one. Dana checks her watch here Enjoy hands the bag to her assistant, heads back the way she just came. Interior medical Examiner's office. Day Dana sits across from the medical examiner flips through the report.
Speaker 6: What exactly is asphyxiation by.
Speaker 2: Helium breathing impure Healium deprized the body of oxygen. If the body is unable to take in oxygen, it starts to die within minutes.
Speaker 4: Helium speeds up this process.
Speaker 2: When the gas fills the lungs, it creates a diffusion gradient that washes.
Speaker 4: Out the oxygen.
Speaker 2: In other words, each time the body breeds in helium, more oxygen is sucked out of the system. The body's oxygen level can plummet to a hazardous level in a matter of seconds.
Speaker 6: Could Teddy Wells have killed himself this way without any assistance?
Speaker 2: It is possible for someone to perform death by asphyxiation unassisted but given mister Wells's substantial development disabilities, it's highly improbable he would have been able to do this by himself or even agree to it.
Speaker 6: So definitely homicide.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: The curious thing is though helium is nearly undetectable in toxicology probes, meaning lo more time, talks a lot toxological, toxic, toxicological.
Speaker 5: So definitely homicide.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: The curious thing is though helium is nearly undetectable in toxicological probes, meaning meaning if the defendant hadn't left the hood and the tubing out, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have checks specifically for helium.
Speaker 2: With those signs of visible trauma on the body and no determinable cause of death, I wouldn't have ruled it a homicide. She could have walked, so why does she confess?
Speaker 1: Dana breaks the examiner's gaze to look back at the report. Interior Police Station, Front Desk Day. Dana approaches the desk. Sergeant flashes cir credentials.
Speaker 6: I'm looking for Detective Raymond Curtis. Is he available?
Speaker 1: Interior Robbery Homicide Office Day. Detective Curtis greets Dana.
Speaker 4: Where's Jefferys? How can I help you? Hello?
Speaker 5: Detective.
Speaker 6: I'd like to say, see the interrogation tapes for Ada Wells, please.
Speaker 4: Of course, this way.
Speaker 1: Motions for her to follow. Interior Detective Curtis is cubicle day Dana and Detective Curtis stod at his desk, a laptop open in front of them.
Speaker 4: You're looking for anything in particular.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't know what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: She watches the screen.
Speaker 12: I didn't want him to suffer.
Speaker 4: Were you trying to make it look like a suicide?
Speaker 1: She presses pause. Faces the detective.
Speaker 6: That Emmy told me he wouldn't object for helium. If she hadn't left the equipment out, so it wouldn't have been ruled a homicide.
Speaker 5: She could have gotten away with it.
Speaker 8: It didn't appear she was trying to get away with anything, though. She didn't try to hide it at all. She gave us permission to enter and search the home, the hood, the tubing, Everything was in plane view. Her fingerprints were clean, no attempt to wipe anything off.
Speaker 5: Would you find her guilty if you were on the jury.
Speaker 4: I'm a police officer.
Speaker 6: Well, that isn't an answer.
Speaker 4: I've known.
Speaker 8: Alexis Martinez Is said a long time. I was close with her brother growing up, played ball in school. I worked for her when she was in.
Speaker 5: Your position, which means what exactly.
Speaker 8: She's good people. She only takes cases she believes in, and that's why she didn't last at the DA's office in all my years assessing murder suspects. Missus Wells's actions indicate she didn't believe she had done anything that needed to be covered up. So I'm guessing the defense is arguing capacity they are.
Speaker 1: He shrugs, as if to indicate he agrees.
Speaker 5: I think I just struck you from my witness list.
Speaker 1: Gives her a sympathetic luck. Interior Dana's office day. Dana takes a bite from a sandwich, studies a brief. Harvey breethes in with Alexis. Dana swallows, quickly wipes her mouth, stands up.
Speaker 10: Look who I found wandering the holes twice in one week. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to get your old job back.
Speaker 11: You'll be the first to know, Harvey.
Speaker 10: Well, I'd love to stay in chat, but I've got a meeting. Go easy on this one. I don't want to lose another pretty face.
Speaker 1: He nods his head at Dana leaves.
Speaker 11: He's a peach that one.
Speaker 1: Dana does not respond, tries to wait her out.
Speaker 6: Then, was there something I could do for you?
Speaker 11: No, I was in the neighborhood and thought i'd drop off our witness lists in person.
Speaker 1: Pulls a folder from her briefcase, hands it to Dana.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I plan on reaching out to them.
Speaker 11: I'm counting on it. They're all more than happy to speak with you. I think you'll find what they have to say very enlightening.
Speaker 1: She makes no move to leave.
Speaker 11: Well, if that's all, that's all, have a nice afternoon, Dana.
Speaker 1: She leaves. Dana perus is the list reaches for the phone Interior State Department of Public Health building. A staff member leads Dana down a hallway to an office, shows her inside missus maccario sixties. Where's an American flag pin on her lapel? Stands in greet Stana offers her a seat.
Speaker 6: Thank you for seeing me. I know it can be awkward talking to the other side.
Speaker 12: Not at all.
Speaker 9: I've testified on both sides. Facts are facts. What questions can I answer for you?
Speaker 6: You've been deputy director for the Center for Health Care Quality.
Speaker 5: For how long?
Speaker 11: Thirty eight years this year be my lassed.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on your retirement.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: What exactly is the role of the center?
Speaker 9: We play a critical role in the protection of patient safety by evaluating health facilities, agencies, and professionals for compliance with state laws and regulations in order to license, certify, or register them.
Speaker 1: Dana smiles at her tries to winer over.
Speaker 6: You've said that a few times, I guess.
Speaker 9: Indeed. We also investigate complaints compliance with federal laws and regulations, oversee the education, training, and criminal clearance of nursing home administrator's assistance and home health aids. The abuse cases are the hardest part of the job.
Speaker 6: I would imagine how many complaints do you receive?
Speaker 9: On average around six thousand a year. Physical and sexual abuse, sometimes patient to patient, inappropriate use of restraints, medical or basic needs neglect, patients going without food or lying in their own waste for days.
Speaker 6: Well, that's concerning.
Speaker 9: It's criminal. Most of the victims are not physically or mentally capable of speak in upper defending themselves, so if there aren't any living relatives to monitor their care, the abuse can go unchecked for years. With budget cuts year after year, it's just not possible for us to reach every facility on a regular basis. It's sad to say, but the defendant's fears of her son being abused in an institutional setting were not unfounded or unreasonable.
Speaker 6: In total, how many patients are there in the state, Approximately a little over three hundred, so six thousand out of over three hundred thousand. That's that's less than two percent.
Speaker 1: Spoken like a true lawyer.
Speaker 6: I mean, still less than two percent. That makes for a pretty small chance of being a victim of abuse, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 9: Did you know that less than one percent of our nation's military was killed in the Iraq War?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't missus. Mccario turns a framed photo on her desk towards Dana. It is a young man in military dress. Less than one percent. That's a pretty small number, would you say, unless, of course, that number included your child, then that's still too many.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for your time.
Speaker 1: She gathers her belongings, stands to leave exterior office of the District Attorney day. Dana exits out onto the street, dressed in running clothes, takes off towards the surrounding park at a fast pace. Interior Dana's office day. Dana enters, flushed from her run, dabs at herself with a towel. Harvey sits at her desk. She startles at the side of him.
Speaker 10: Sir, apologies, didn't mean to surprise you, just stop by to see how the case was developing. Things must be going well. You have time to spare.
Speaker 6: It's running. It clears my head, helps me think.
Speaker 10: Well, don't let me impede progress.
Speaker 1: Then he rises moves towards the door.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: She SLINKs down on the vacated chair, goes through her messages, stops, grabs the phone, punches some numbers.
Speaker 6: Mister Unger, this is Dana Jeffries from the district's attorney's office. Thank you so much for returning my call. Today, would work four o'clock. Yes, the address is in the file. Thank you. I'll see Then.
Speaker 1: Dana grabs her gin bag to change clothes and freshen up. Interior Dennis Unger's office day. Mister Unger, early sixties, with a kind but tired face, rises to greet Dana. They shake hands. He indicates for her to say.
Speaker 6: Mister Hunger, I appreciate you. Green to meet with me. I won't take too much of your time. I see in the notes you have a brother with autism who lives in a group home.
Speaker 8: Yes, my twin Leo.
Speaker 5: And how long has he been in the group home?
Speaker 8: This one of four years?
Speaker 6: There have been other placements?
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, well over a dozen, probably closer to twenty.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm sorry, did you say twenty?
Speaker 10: I guess over the past forty years.
Speaker 8: My father passed away when my brother and I were only twenty two heart attack. My mother she couldn't handle Leo on her on he was too.
Speaker 4: Big, too aggressive.
Speaker 8: She felt incredibly guilty about not keeping him at home, but her health was also failing.
Speaker 4: The stress was just too much.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: Why was your brother moved so often?
Speaker 8: Well, every time we'd visit, there would be a new bruise, a missing tooth, sometimes even a cast. The staff would always dismiss the injuries is self inflicted and tell us they needed to add another medication to the mile long list.
Speaker 4: He was already taken.
Speaker 8: Their way of controlling him was by keeping him incapacitated.
Speaker 6: It's very unfortunate. I would have thought that that kind of mistreatment is isolated or rare, well not.
Speaker 4: From what I've seen.
Speaker 8: Leo has limited functioning as completely nonverbal, and to be honest, caring for him is exhausting many of the staff. They work long, hard hours and a grossly underpaid.
Speaker 4: It's a recipe for a disaster.
Speaker 8: It's easy to take out your frustrations and someone who doesn't have a voice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but surely now, I mean, with all the safeguards and regulations, abuse can't just go unchecked.
Speaker 8: It's always a concern for vulnerable populations. I know it's hard to believe if it doesn't directly affect you, But you don't think systems fail. Just read the news on any given day. It happens all the time. Bad lady, the one you're trying to convict, that'll be me in a few years, facing the same decision she did. Because I'm the only one left to care about what happens to my brother.
Speaker 1: He gives her appointed look. Interior Dana's car night. Dana parks outside her house, punches a button on her cell, close on phone in her hand, reads mom's cell, puts the phone to her ear. Sounds of a voicemail greeting come through, then a beep. She hesitates, ends the call without saying anything. Interior Dana's living room night. Ethan sits on the couch watches TV. The front door unlocks. A few seconds later. Dana comes in, still in her coat. She drops her briefcase on the floor, crawls into Ethan's lap, curls in to a ball. He turns off the sound on the TV.
Speaker 4: Tough day. She nods, do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: She shakes her head, curls up even tighter. He nods to himself, loosens her bun, strokes her hair. I'm here, She closes her eyes. Interior Ada's kitchen night. Ada and Alexis sit at the table, folders stacked on one end. Gina clears plates. Ada's looks like it has been barely touched.
Speaker 12: Are you all done?
Speaker 13: Aida?
Speaker 12: Oh yes, dear, it was wonderful. I just can't eat much.
Speaker 1: Alexis reaches over grabs one of the folders. Ada coughs, takes a sip of water, smiles at Alexis.
Speaker 12: Down to business. Then what happens next?
Speaker 11: One sturious selection is complete, will likely start trial the day or two after. We can go over some of your testimony. Now, if you're up to it, of course.
Speaker 1: She continues to call. Jana shakes her head at Alexis, out of Ada's sight line. Alexis looks at her watch.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm so sorry, Ada, I forgot I have another appointment. We can talk tomorrow.
Speaker 1: She stands, gathers the folders.
Speaker 12: That would be yeah.
Speaker 1: Ada doesn't finish her sentence. Instead, she cocks her head and smiles.
Speaker 12: Oh, that's the new piece.
Speaker 11: What do you mean, Ada?
Speaker 1: Aida stands moves to the living room. Alexis and Gina exchange looks.
Speaker 11: Follow her.
Speaker 1: Interior Ada's living room continuous. Teddy plays the piano, a virtuoso. Ada takes a seat on the bench next to him, closes her eyes to listen. Alexis and Gina enter watch her Aida. Ada continues to listen. Teddy finishes. Ada applauds. She turns toward the women brightly.
Speaker 12: Ah, such a talent. I often think he could have played at Carnegie Hall.
Speaker 1: If only she looks up sees their concerned faces. Her animation drains away.
Speaker 12: Well, anyway, thank you for dinner and for the company.
Speaker 1: Gena moves to her, puts a hand on her arm.
Speaker 13: Why don't you relax in your chair? I'll make you some tea.
Speaker 6: It'll help you sleep.
Speaker 12: Oh yes, that sounds nice. Thank you.
Speaker 11: I'll let you rest then, good night, Ada, sleep well.
Speaker 1: Ada gives a small tired wave as Gina helps her to the chair. Interior Dana's office. Night Dana sits on the edge of her desk in the near dark, watches the news on a screen on the wall. She looks tired.
Speaker 8: Jury selection concluded today in the case of the South Pasadena woman who allegedly suffocated her adult son because he had autism. Autism is a neurological condition.
Speaker 1: She lowers the volume as Carter late twenties, highly efficient but perpetually anxious enters with a stack of thick files.
Speaker 7: I hear, are the briefs you wanted?
Speaker 12: Thanks?
Speaker 1: She stays focused on the screen. He glances at.
Speaker 7: It looks like we made the news. Are you happy with the jury?
Speaker 6: We will see.
Speaker 7: It was surprising how many people in the jury pool know someone with a disability, Probably close to fifty percent. Wouldn't you say, yeah, something like that. There's a lot more disabled people out there than I thought. I guess it's the kind of thing you don't really pay attention to unless it happens to you.
Speaker 1: She finally looks at him.
Speaker 5: I suppose you're right.
Speaker 7: I guess we're lucky then lucky. Oh so, I just mean it's good that we don't. Yeah, I mean, well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: She remains silent.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, if there's nothing else, I'll see you in the morning.
Speaker 1: He makes a hasty retreat. Interior Dana's bedroom night. Dana lies in bed in the dark room, stares up at the ceiling. Ethan is sound asleep beside her. She looks over at him, eases out of bed. Interior Dana's home office night. Dana sits down at her desk, turns on her laptop. Her fingers hesitate over the keyboard, then she types close on computer screen. As Dana types in Christopher Moorland and hits enter, multiple listings and images pop up. Dana scans the results for a moment, then slams the laptop shut. Interior Dana's house foyer day. Denah stares absently at herself in the mirror. Choose a nail. Ethan enters with a travel munk of coffee.
Speaker 4: You look great, you got this.
Speaker 1: She takes her hand away from her face, turns to Ethan with a one, when when?
Speaker 12: When?
Speaker 1: What is that bell? When?
Speaker 12: Juan one?
Speaker 1: She takes her hand away from her face, turns to Ethan with a wan smile.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 1: He sets the mug down on the hall table, rubs her shoulders.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're not nervous, are you? You never get nervous?
Speaker 4: Not my gal?
Speaker 5: Do you think I did the right thing?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Never mind? I'm how many of you late?
Speaker 1: Thanks for the coffee, gives him a quick kiss on the cheek, picks up the mug and her briefcase. Exterior courthouse Day, several dozen people, many in wheelchairs, picket by the front steps. The protesters chant and carry signs that read remember Terry Schivo, Compassion and Choices, Voice for the Voiceless, etc. Interior television News Studio Day. A newscaster is on air.
Speaker 8: Opening arguments are underway today in the trial of Ada Wells, an eighty nine year old woman who took the life of her adult son with autism. Disability rights organizations clashed with pro euthanasia groups as they picketed outside the courthouse, and emotions were running high. Some protesters were very strong in their views.
Speaker 1: Intercott Courthouse Television News studio.
Speaker 10: I'm the father of a very severely autistic child. We have always gladly taken care of him, and we always will. There is absolutely no excuse for killing an autistic person, whatever the circumstances.
Speaker 4: There is no excuse period.
Speaker 8: While others were more undecided.
Speaker 13: I think the whole story is heartbreaking, just so sad for everyone involved caring for someone day in and day out for that many years. I just hope something good can come out of it.
Speaker 8: Jennifer Carr, an advocate for the Right to Die nonprofit Choices in Dying, spoke to our reporter outside the courthouse.
Speaker 14: We continue to fight for a time when every citizen of this nation is free to live and die as they choose, according to their own values. This case does not exemplify the usual end of life decision for a terminally ill person, so we can condone the actions of the defendant. However, we do recognize that suffering is not limited merely to the physical body and can affect one's quality of life as a whole. Now more than ever, we need support systems for our aging population and for people with disabilities to avoid repeats of such tragic events as.
Speaker 8: This and prosecutor Daner Jeffries from the District Attorney's office had this to say.
Speaker 1: Dana strides up the courthouse steps. A reporter follows thrusts a microphone at.
Speaker 6: Her, condoning a crime of this nature is a lethal danger to the disabled population.
Speaker 1: Interior courthouse security checkpoint day, Ada and Gina pass through the metal detectors head towards the courtroom. Alexis puts her briefcase on the conveyor belt. Dana pushes through the front door, walks up behind Alexis places her personal items in a bin. Alexis glances over her shoulder as she removes her jacket.
Speaker 11: We could have avoided all this.
Speaker 6: The crowd outside seems to indicate otherwise.
Speaker 11: Is that what you're concerned about?
Speaker 6: No, No, what I'm concerned about is what kind of message it sends if we allow people to murder other people with impunity.
Speaker 11: You know full well it wasn't murder.
Speaker 6: Call it whatever you want, but either way, he's dead and if she really wanted what was best for him, she would have given him up. That was the right thing to do.
Speaker 11: I'm sure that will sound wonderful on the five o'clock news.
Speaker 1: She steps through the detector. Interior courtroom. Day Ada sits at the defense table with Alexis, coughs quietly into a handkerchief. Gina sits in the gallery behind them. Dana and Carter occupy the prosecutor's table. The judge enters from her chambers. All rise, Everyone rises.
Speaker 9: A judge sits, raises her hand be seated in the matter of the people versus Adelaide Wells.
Speaker 1: Is the state ready to proceed?
Speaker 11: Yes, your honor, Defense, Yes, your honor.
Speaker 9: We will now hear opening statements, beginning with the prosecution.
Speaker 1: Dana rises from her chair, smooths her skirt, addresses the jury.
Speaker 6: Euthanasia, mercy killing, assisted suicide. These phrases bring to mind terminally ill patients begging for someone to end their suffering. Despite what you may have heard or seen in the media, this case is not about that victim. Theodore Wells was not terminally ill, clinically depressed, or tired of living. Yes, he had autism, but that's not a rare disorder without treatment options. By some estimates, one out of every fifty four people in this country have it. Look up autism on the Internet and you'll find hundreds, if not thousands of resources, support groups, therapies all available to help people and their families who live with this common disorder. All the defendant had to do was simply pick up the phone and call one of them.
Speaker 5: Help was just a phone call away.
Speaker 6: Does that sound like a Hope Bliss situation to you? Does that sound like a situation so bleak that you would murder your own child? No matter how well meaning they try to tell you that the defendant's intentions were. The fact is she planned and carried out the murder of her son. The victim's life wasn't worth any less because he had autism and his mother had no justifiable reason for killing him. Murder's murder, no matter what, and that is what the state will prove. Thank you.
Speaker 1: She takes her seat. Alexi Stans walks to the jury box. Leans In.
Speaker 11: Sixty five years ago, autism was a completely misunderstood disorder, so much so that it took Ada Well's nearly forty years to get a diagnosis for her son. For almost four decades, doctors told Ada that Teddy's condition was her fault, that she had done this to him because she was cold and unfeeling. A refrigerator mother they called her. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Those doctors, even her own family and friends, told Ada to put her only child in an institution and walk away, forget he'd ever been born. Can you imagine? But Ada would have none of it. Instead, she dedicated her entire life to making sure Teddy knew he was loved and cherished. And she did this with almost no support. She lost her husband, her friends, her entire life as she knew it.
Speaker 1: Turns to give Aida an empathetic look.
Speaker 11: Ada lived confined within the walls of her home, giving up everything she wanted for herself, sixty five years of complete selflessness to protect her child. Sixty five years.
Speaker 1: She lets that number hang in the air, then returns to the defense table, squeezes Ada's hand well.
Speaker 9: The State call its first witness.
Speaker 6: The state calls doctor Martine Kressler.
Speaker 1: Doctor Cressler steps into the courtroom, takes the witness box. Dana straightens her notes, approaches the doctor. She glances out into the gallery sees Ethan, who gives her a nod. Interior Dana's dining room night. The table is set with flowers and candles. The lights are dimmed, soft music plays. The front door unlocks footsteps. As Dana enters, Ethan pops out from the kitchen to greet her surprise.
Speaker 6: Oh what is all of this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just thought i'd give the warrior returning from a battle a much deserve welcome home.
Speaker 1: He takes her briefcase, sets it down, gives her a kiss.
Speaker 6: I didn't know you were going to be there today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you seem like you maybe needed some support.
Speaker 6: No, I'm fine. I was fine, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Sit down, relax, Dinner is almost ready. Here, give me your jacket.
Speaker 1: He removes her jacket, steers her towards the table. She sits, spots the glass of wine in front of her, takes a long drink. Interior Dana's dining room. Later, Dana and Ethan are at the table, plates pushed aside. Her shirt is still buttoned up, her hair still pulled back. One wine bottle on the table is empty. Ethan reaches for a second bottle, moves to top off Dana's glass. She puts her hand out to cover it.
Speaker 5: Oh, not for me.
Speaker 6: I have to be in court early tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He gets up, clears the dirty dishes, speaking of you feel good about today?
Speaker 6: You know I don't like talking about trial in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but you're usually so fired up after day court, like there's an electricity running through your veins. I know, I kind of like it, truth be told.
Speaker 1: He comes up behind her, kisses her neck, unbuttons the top button of her glause.
Speaker 4: I'm not used to seeing you so low key? Is everything?
Speaker 6: Okay, It's just a different kind of case, that's all.
Speaker 1: He rubs her shoulders.
Speaker 6: If any that never happened to you, if you couldn't take care of yourself, how would you feel?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Would I be upset?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, I guess that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 6: Depressed? Oh, bless, like not wanting to live?
Speaker 4: Would I still be able to make love to you?
Speaker 1: He leans down to nibble on her ear. She shrugs him off, turns to face him. I'm serious, He searches her face. You are serious, pulls up a chair next to hers.
Speaker 2: Okay, seriously, life is great. I wouldn't want to die even if things got tough. I think I could live with most things. If I was paralyzed or something like.
Speaker 5: That, You wouldn't be depressed.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure I would have low points, but who doesn't. Lots of people live with disabilities.
Speaker 2: And have very productive, meaningful lives. Remember that piece I did last year on the Paralympics. Now, those athletes could do more than most able bodied people would.
Speaker 6: What if you were mentally disabled?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that before. What level are we talking about here? I wouldn't want to lie around in a vegetative state for years and years.
Speaker 4: If that's what you mean. That's why I have a DNR order. What is this about? Anyway?
Speaker 6: But at what point do you make that decision to walk away?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 5: How long do you try before you just give up?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can put an absolute on something like that. Everyone's situation is different. You might think you know what you do, but you can't really say until you've been there. I think you're right. One bottle of wine is enough. Come on, let's go to bed.
Speaker 1: He stands, takes her hand. She gently pulls it away.
Speaker 5: I'll be there in a bit.
Speaker 6: I have some work to finish.
Speaker 2: Up, always work. I don't be too long. I might pass up before you have a chance to take advantage of me.
Speaker 1: Down to kiss her, She looks up at him. Grabs his hand.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: For what.
Speaker 5: For putting up with me? You know it's not always easy.
Speaker 4: What's that? But it's worth it. You're worth it.
Speaker 1: He kisses her. Her hands trail as he exits towards the bedroom. She finishes the wine in her glass, contemplates the second bottle, let's out a sigh, and grabs it. Interior, courtroom day. The judge enters from her chambers. All rise, The room comes to its feet, waits while the judge settles herself. There's a sense of expectation in the courtroom. Be seated.
Speaker 9: In the matter of the people of the State of California versus Adelaide Wells. Court is now in session. Counselor please proceed.
Speaker 11: The defense calls Ada Wells.
Speaker 1: Shuffling and whispering from the gallery as Gina helps Ada make her way into the witness box.
Speaker 4: Please right is your right hand?
Speaker 8: Do you swear or for him to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
Speaker 1: I do, she says, settles herself. Alexis approaches the witness box.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Would you please state your full name for the record?
Speaker 12: Adelaide Marie Wells.
Speaker 11: Miss Wells, please.
Speaker 12: Call me Ada of.
Speaker 11: Course, Ada. Can you tell us about your son, Teddy.
Speaker 12: Yes, Teddy was my first and only child. He was born four weeks early. I always said it was because he knew I couldn't wait for him to get here. My husband Jack was stationed in Vietnam at the time, so I drove myself to the hospital.
Speaker 11: That would be scary, having your first baby all alone. Besides being born premature, were there any other delivery complications?
Speaker 12: Yes, I was in labor thirty two hours. Teddy was a breech berth and it was very difficult. I always wondered if that might have affected him.
Speaker 11: How did Teddy's development progress after that?
Speaker 12: He was meeting some of his milestones at first, sitting up and crawling, but he never babbled, never could. He rarely smiled. He never seemed to look at you. It was more like through you. And he was so quiet. In the beginning. He would get this far away look on his face, like he was locked away somewhere no one else could get.
Speaker 1: To insert exterior ATI's house flashback. Young Ada holds one year old Teddy in the front yard, points up at the sky. Jack Ada's husband sits on the porch, beer bottles around his feet.
Speaker 3: Look at the pretty bird.
Speaker 11: Teddy does not look, makes no sound.
Speaker 3: Don't you see it? It's there, Teddy, It's right there. Look.
Speaker 1: Jack throws a bottle to the ground, gets up in disgust, and goes inside, slams the screen door behind him.
Speaker 3: Just look, Teddy, please just look at the pretty bird.
Speaker 1: Back to scene.
Speaker 11: Did anyone else notice or comment on Teddy's behavior?
Speaker 12: At first? My family and friends told me how lucky I was to have such a calm baby, until they tried to hold him. Teddy would scream and twist away so violently I thought he would hurt himself if anyone touched him besides me?
Speaker 11: How is he with his father?
Speaker 12: Jack was overseas the first year of Teddy's life, but then he was injured in a trading accident, so he was discharged from the service and came home. The pain from the accident he would drink to make it go away.
Speaker 1: Things were difficult, difficult how insert interior Ada's living room flashback. Jack stumbles in the front door, clearly drunk. Little Teddy sits on the floor, small toys lined in a row in front of him. Jack approaches Teddy, pats him on the head, then picks up one of the toys.
Speaker 10: Hey, why what are you playing that?
Speaker 1: Teddy screams repeatedly bangs his ears to those fists. Jack gets in Teddy's face, yells.
Speaker 10: What the hell's wrong with you? Stop that.
Speaker 1: He kicks all of Teddy's toys. Teddy screams louder. Young Ada rushes in scoops up. Teddy attempts to console him.
Speaker 10: He's not my kids, he's freak. You made him a freak.
Speaker 1: He takes a swing at Ada, who ducks, Who stumbles and falls. Ada runs out with Teddy. Back to scene. Ada coughs, pours herself a glass of water, takes a sip. Her hand trembles slightly.
Speaker 12: Finally Jack left for good. Our friends eventually stopped coming to visit, family, died or moved away, and then Teddy started refusing to leave home. When I tried to take him anywhere, he would bite himself or pull his hair out, so we just stayed in. After that, You.
Speaker 11: Were so alone, so isolated. How did you survive?
Speaker 12: What did you live on a few months after Jack left, the police came to tell me he'd drank himself to death. I started receiving his benefits along with my father's estate. It was enough to get by.
Speaker 11: What about human contact, someone to talk.
Speaker 1: To, Ada finds Gina in the gallery, smiles at her.
Speaker 12: I was blessed to have a neighbor, Ruth and her daughter Gina, who looked in us regularly brought us groceries. We had a doctor who made house calls, and our pastor father Weeda, also came by until he got sick and had passed away.
Speaker 11: So in sixty five years you had contact with just four people.
Speaker 12: But I had Teddy For every time he was unreasonable, he was also a joy. He had a real sense of the earth, love tending the garden. Sometimes he would lie down on the ground and rub the dirt all over him. I think it made him feel connected to something. He taught himself to play the piano. He could listen to a song on the radio once, then play it back. Nope, for note, it was truly a gift, the briefest glimp So what is life might have been like?
Speaker 1: If only she coughs again, quite uncontrollably. Alexa steps closer to her.
Speaker 11: Ada, are you all right?
Speaker 1: Aida nods, still coughing. Several jury members cast sympathetic glances at her. Dana notices the judge looks at Ada with some concern.
Speaker 9: I think that's enough for today. Court is adjourned until nine am Monday morning.
Speaker 1: People rise make their way out. Interior Dana's home office. Night. Dana, still in court clothes, writes on a legal pad at her desk, scribbles furiously, drops her head in her hands. Ethan comes in, steps behind her, puts his hands on her shoulders. She startles.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear you come in still working. It's almost midnight, it is.
Speaker 1: He pulls up a chair across from her, sits down, lifts her life onto his lap.
Speaker 4: You haven't even taken your shoes off yet.
Speaker 1: He slides off her shoes, massages her feet.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, She tenses, relax.
Speaker 1: She leans back in the chair. They're silent for a moment.
Speaker 4: Are you all right, data, She sits.
Speaker 1: Up, pulls her feet away.
Speaker 6: I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Why, Oh, you've been on edge lately.
Speaker 11: It's just the case.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk about.
Speaker 6: It with a journalist?
Speaker 4: No, it's me.
Speaker 2: Remember your boyfriend, and I'm a sports writer. That's not quite the same. You're not sleeping with the enemy. You're right, Sorry, Okay, I have an idea. Why don't we take a break and do something fun this weekend.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and I have a lot of work to do.
Speaker 2: Ethan, Oh, come on, just just for a few hours. It's my niece's first birthday tomorrow. My sister is having a barbecue. It'll be fun, and he would do you some good to get out for a bit, just clear your head. Besides, she's my only niece and we've barely even seen her.
Speaker 11: She hesitates. He nuzzles up to her.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, come on, come onma, just just for a little while. We'll have some cold beer. No on some ribs.
Speaker 1: He leans in, bites her side in a playful manner. She laughs. He takes her face in his hands, looks at her with intent.
Speaker 4: You know, it's good to hear you laugh.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, he talked me into it for a little while.
Speaker 4: I know I'm hard to resist. I know.
Speaker 1: He pretends to chew on her again. She shrieks in protest.
Speaker 6: Stop stop.
Speaker 1: Exterior Rebecca's backyard day tables and chairs are set up under canopies, balloons, and first birthday party decorations everywhere. One table is piled high with brightly wrapped presents. Rebecca thirties, Ethan's sister, holds a baby girl, Sydney, dressed in a tiara and a frothy pink dress. Talks with an older couple. Smoke rises from a corner of the yard. Rebecca's husband, Kevin thirties, wears a party hat, flips burgers and a large barbecue grill. People mill about, chat, drinks in hand. Kids run in and around the adults with shrieks of joy. Ethan and Dana enter through the back gate. He carries a huge present.
Speaker 4: Where's my little rock Star?
Speaker 1: Rebecca turns around Ethan. Ethan sets the present on the table. Rebecca walks over to greet them. Ethan kisses her on the cheek, takes Sydney from her, kisses the baby all over as she squeals in delight.
Speaker 4: Here she is, Now, what on earth has your mother dressed you in? Huh? You look like a birthday cake, not a birthday girl.
Speaker 1: He pretends to nibble on Sydney.
Speaker 3: Aha, she looks adorable.
Speaker 1: She gets Dana a hug.
Speaker 15: Dana, I am so happy you could make it, even seen you in ages. I know how busy you are, though we saw you on television.
Speaker 1: Such a sad case. Ethan shoots, Rebecca look clears his throat.
Speaker 15: Ah, Rebecca oops, not supposed to mention work.
Speaker 3: You're here to have fun. Let me get you to a drink.
Speaker 15: I will be right back.
Speaker 1: Ethan continues to play with Sydney catches Dana's eye grins widely. Dana looks around at the partygoers. Her gaze lands on a family of three, mother, father, and a little girl, Mollie, just beginning to walk. It is apparent that Molly has down syndrome. She takes a few faltering steps, lands on her bottom.
Speaker 6: Laughs.
Speaker 1: Molly's parents cheer her on. Rebecca returns with drinks, follows Dana's gaze.
Speaker 3: Those are our new neighbors. I'll introduce you, is it Molly?
Speaker 1: Just the cutest handsome their drinks?
Speaker 3: Here you go my secret Hawaiian punch. Definitely not the kiddy version.
Speaker 6: Cheers.
Speaker 15: Now, if Kevin hasn't burned everything, I think we might be ready to eat.
Speaker 1: Exterior Rebecca's backyard. Later, guests eat talk. Dana and Ethan share a table with Rebecca, Kevin, and Sydney. Molly and her family at the table across from them. Dana glances over repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Kevin, that wasn't half bad. I think you might need another plate, you.
Speaker 10: Know, I feel like he's rubbing his you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Who's ringing?
Speaker 8: Kevin?
Speaker 6: I'll do go for it.
Speaker 1: He's a party guy, h party yeah.
Speaker 10: So from Ethan's line.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Kevin man, that wasn't half bad. I think you might need another plate.
Speaker 10: I think it might have to join you.
Speaker 11: They head for the food table.
Speaker 6: Time to get the cake.
Speaker 3: Dana, can you hold her for a second?
Speaker 1: Without waiting for a response, she hands Sydney to Dana. She's visibly uncomfortable, unsure of what to do, She awkwardly bounces the baby on one knee. Sydney babbles and claps her hands, which catches the attention of Molly, who stumbles her way over to them. Mollie reaches Dana and Sydney stretches out her arms for Dana to pick her up. Dana looks around, ill at ease. Molly's mother comes over.
Speaker 11: Did you come to make friends? Molly?
Speaker 1: She picks Molly up, sets her on Dana's other knee. Dana stiffens. The two children interact with each other.
Speaker 11: Adorable I have to get a picture.
Speaker 1: She steps away. Mollie turns her attention to Dana, touches her face and hair. Dana's eyes are frozen on hers. Molly's mother returns, snaps a picture with her.
Speaker 11: Phone, say happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Ethan approaches, smiles at the sight. Rebecca returns scoops up Sydney.
Speaker 3: Dana, who knew you had such a way with kids.
Speaker 1: Dana gives her a faint smile, hands Molly back to her mother.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I need to use the restaurm.
Speaker 1: She hurries towards the house. Interior Rebecca's house, bathroom day. Dana sits on the side of the bathtub, bent over her head in her hands. The doorknob rattles. She looks up, calls out just a moment. She stands, moves to the sink, finds mouth washed in a paper cup in the medicine cabinet, grinses out her mouth, sketches her reflection in the mirror. Her face is ashen. Exterior, Rebecca's house, driveway night. Dana gets into the passenger seat of their car. As Ethan hugs his sister and niece goodbye. Rebecca makes Sidney blow kisses as the car drives away interior Ethan's car moving night. Ethan drives as Dana looks out the side window.
Speaker 4: You've been quiet, you okay?
Speaker 1: She does not look at him.
Speaker 6: There's a little too much secret punch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it packed the wall up.
Speaker 2: It was great to see you loose enough for a bit though. You were so cute with the babies. I think they fell in love with you.
Speaker 1: She stays silent. He glances at her.
Speaker 4: I've never really seen you around kids before. What do you think.
Speaker 6: About?
Speaker 4: What about having kids? We've never talked about it.
Speaker 1: She sits up right.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes we did. When we first got together. It was one of the reasons we were attracted to each other.
Speaker 5: We were both happy.
Speaker 6: With our lives and our careers and we didn't want to change that.
Speaker 2: Sure, but that was what we wanted then. But that's that was a few years ago. People can change their minds.
Speaker 5: I haven't changed my mind.
Speaker 6: I'm happy with things just the way they are.
Speaker 4: So you don't ever want to have kids.
Speaker 6: And now all of a sudden you do.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Dana, we're just talking. But maybe there's more to life than working sixteen hour days.
Speaker 5: I like my job, I like to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: He pulls into their driveway, shuts off the car interior Ethan's car continuous. Ethan turns to look at Dana.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 9: It's just.
Speaker 2: You're so driven by work and only work. Maybe you should take some time to discover other interests, do other.
Speaker 5: Things, like have a baby.
Speaker 4: Well, it'll be fun trying.
Speaker 6: Maybe is that what you want?
Speaker 5: To have a baby?
Speaker 2: You're so smart and strong and beautiful. Can't you just imagine what a perfect little baby would make No?
Speaker 6: No, I don't want to imagine it. I don't. I don't want to imagine it at all. Like I can't have a baby.
Speaker 4: What you mean you mean you can't get pregnant. We use birth control. So I just thought. I am so sorry. I didn't know that, Dana.
Speaker 1: He moves to comfort her. She pulls away.
Speaker 6: I just I can't have a baby. I can't. And why are you bringing this up now?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. You just look so beautiful holding those little girls today. It seems so perfect.
Speaker 6: Stop saying that. Stop it, stop it. I had I had a baby. Do you understand I had a baby, and she wasn't perfect.
Speaker 5: She was perfect, and.
Speaker 6: I tried and I couldn't do it like I couldn't be perfect.
Speaker 1: She pushes open the car door, runs inside the house. Interior Dana's house hallway day. Ethan stops outside the closed door to Dana's office. He knocks gently, then opens the door. Interior Dana's home office continuous. Dana stands at the window with her back to the door. Ethan looks in.
Speaker 4: Can I come in?
Speaker 1: She doesn't answer or turn around. It takes one step in.
Speaker 2: You've been in here since last night. There's a pretty big elephant in the room. Can we talk about it?
Speaker 1: She shakes her head.
Speaker 2: That's why this case has been so tough for you, isn't it. Why you don't ever talk about your family, Why you move thousands of miles away, why you keep all your feelings bottled inside.
Speaker 4: Your baby.
Speaker 1: She shakes her head again, slower this time. End of BAC Too