Speaker 1: This is a miracle, there is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 3: The latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the definitely spotshooting rampage.
Speaker 4: Then yes, it was a really bad day for him and this.
Speaker 5: Is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife is white.
Speaker 3: The practice club bitches, Surichnning, Please tell me why was I your donkey of the day.
Speaker 5: Well, donkey today for Thursday, June fifth goes to Education Secretary Linda McMahon.
Speaker 2: Yes, Linda McMahon, former.
Speaker 5: CEO of WWE, is the United States Secretary of Education.
Speaker 2: What is this Secretary of Education?
Speaker 5: Well, the Secretary is responsible for the overall direction, supervision, and coordination of all activities of the deport Partment of Education, and she is the principal advisor to the President on federal policies, programs, and activities related to education in America. Now, what qualifications does Linda McMahon have to be in this role? Some would say that her qualifications are thinner than my hairline.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: She has had two years on Connecticut State Board of Education, many years on the board of trustees of Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, and two years as chief of the US Small Business Administration. And she's run two unsuccessful campaigns for US Senator. And during that campaign she.
Speaker 2: Proved that she didn't know much about government.
Speaker 5: So when she got the role of Secretary of Education, plenty people knew she wouldn't be mistaken for a great educator.
Speaker 2: So what ended up getting.
Speaker 5: Her the job as education secretary, Well, her one main qualification was she was kicked up.
Speaker 2: Oh, she had that brand.
Speaker 5: She made a lot of money by being the CEO of WWE. She was married to Bench McMahon for fifty eight years, so you know, having that kind of money got her close.
Speaker 2: To people like Donald Trump. And now Trump is president.
Speaker 5: So he said, hey, Linda, come run this department that I'm talking about shutting down our dismantling ate. Now, I had to give you a little backstory on Linda, so you understand why she is getting donk here today today.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: In a recent Senate hearing, Linda McMahon was tasked with defending the Trump administration's twenty twenty six education budget. Now, keep in mind, like a lot of people in Trump's administration, folks have said Linda is not qualified for the role she is in.
Speaker 2: Okay. People have said she's out.
Speaker 5: Of her death and ill informed about the Department of Education, the department she is currently leading. Well, this Senate hearing didn't help, okay, with a lot of math mishaps and historical hiccups.
Speaker 2: Would you like to hear it? Let's start with some of the math mishaps.
Speaker 3: First Secretary McMahon, of course, testified before the Senate today, and Republican senators kind of did their level best to lob her softball questions and make it look like she kind of knows what she's doing.
Speaker 4: What was we ranked nationally in math and reading in nineteen seventy nine?
Speaker 2: We were very very low on the time polls.
Speaker 1: We're number one in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Jesus, we were very very low on the totem pole. Actually we were number one. Very awkward, that's a Secretary of education.
Speaker 5: Everyone, simple question you asked where we were ranked in math in nineteen seventy nine, We were number one. That's not hard to understand. Okay, all right, let's stay on the math. There was a math problem in there, right. Let's listen.
Speaker 4: We spend one point eight five eight billion dollars a year on trio. Yes, that's one thousand, five hundred and eighty million dollars a year, so my math, right, sir? And how long have we been spending one thousand, five hundred and eighty million dollars a year on this problem? More than ten years? Yes, so that's over a trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I understand that we was not ranked number one in math recently either, but something there seems off right. Don't have to be a mathematician. Maybe there's a Democrat on this committee who can help them out a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm secretary, and I'm not a great mathematician, but I think you were talking about a trellion dollars. I believe one point five billion times ten is fifteen billion dollars. That's a little bit off from a tree and dollars.
Speaker 3: But I think the budget catch one point two billion, well.
Speaker 6: One point two that would be twelve billion dollars, not a trillion dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jesus Christ can we do some historical hiccups while we're here, Let's do some historical hiccups.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the Tulsa race massacre is?
Speaker 3: I like to look into it more and get back to you on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll look forward at that.
Speaker 5: How about the book through my Eyes about ruby bridges?
Speaker 4: For instance?
Speaker 2: I haven't read that. Have you learned about ruby bridges? If you have specific examples you like that was a specific example, I'll be very happy. It was an incredibly specific.
Speaker 4: Question, and I will look into it and get back to you.
Speaker 2: Lord have merc What about uh?
Speaker 5: When she was questioned about DEI programs, that's the Holocaust one.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Holocaust education in our schools is a DEI program? There's no card for that. That's just yes or no.
Speaker 3: I can look at it.
Speaker 1: Whatever cardal Holocaust education? Is it a d You can have a press conference to say whatever you want. I just need a quick answer to this is Holocaust because this is my time. Is Holocaust education a DEI program?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Is African American studies a DEI program?
Speaker 2: Think I answered?
Speaker 1: I'm asking it again, yes or no?
Speaker 3: We could be able to teach ques.
Speaker 1: My point is They are DEI programs, both of them, because students need diversity, equity, and inclusion to understand their environments. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You can't support one without supporting the other.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not the highest grade weed in the dispensary, but it's safe to say she has no idea what she's talking about, and she's the Secretary of Education.
Speaker 2: These aren't isolated incidents, Ladies in Ghettleman.
Speaker 5: Linda McMahon has previously referred to artificial intelligence as a one. Okay, A one is a delicious state sauce. Okay, not AI. All right, and listen. One thing that Trump administration has not done yet and its second term is proved people wrong. Okay, Linda McMahon is not qualified to be Department of Education.
Speaker 2: But we know this as soon as it was announced.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't understand the attack on DEI. The basis of it is people aren't qualified for their jobs. They are just getting them because of their identity. Hello, what's the difference here? Okay, Linda got this job because she's friends with Donald Trump. If you identify as a loyalist to Trump, you get these kinds of positions. So what I really hate is when people say things like this Senate hearing is casting doubt on her ability to lead the Department of Education, effectively casting doubt. Listen, having Linda McMahon as Secretary of Education. That's like giving DJ academics to bottles of Hennessy and asking him to run a quiet meditation retreat.
Speaker 2: Okay, Linda, you can't.
Speaker 5: Go in front of the Senate and get put in a crippler crossface by basic math. Okay, Linda can script the Undertaker coming back from the dead, but can't script the coherent answer to how numbers work. I'm not saying everybody in government needs to be a genius, but if you're gonna run education, you should probably know how to count and maybe just maybe understand a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of America's history.
Speaker 5: I know that Linda McMahon being Secretary of Education is fantastic content for you know, late night talk show hosts and morning show radio hosts. With America, the implications for the nation's education system.
Speaker 2: Are no laughing matter.
Speaker 5: Okay, perhaps it's time to consider whether the role of Education secretary should require, at the very least a firm grasp.
Speaker 2: On elementary math.
Speaker 5: Please let Chelsea Handler give the Secretary of Education, Linda McMahon the biggest he huh hee haw hee haw.
Speaker 2: That is way too much.
Speaker 5: Dan maynaies, all right, first it was the head of FEMA not knowing that America had a hurricane season. Now it's Clynda McMahon not knowing basic math and what should be basic history.
Speaker 2: That lady was on her as though, what what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, they was eating her up. They was eating her up.
Speaker 5: Representative of Johanna Hayes and Representative Summer Lee.
Speaker 2: Oh, they was on our head. She tried to hit him with that. I don't recall. I have to do some research to get back at you. I'm asking again again.
Speaker 5: But they were just proving a point. They were just spiking the football. They know that woman is not qualified to be in that role. They were just proving it in that moment.
Speaker 2: Again. All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey Today.
Speaker 5: Up next, just fix my mess eight hundred five eight five one five one. You're having some problems, some issues in your relationship, called Jess right now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the bull lamb is soft.
Speaker 2: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael Do. And when you mess with the bull, you get the Houns.