Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh spreading the love state by state, city by city, day by day. Welcome to the program. It's a Friday edition, it's our one. It's a meat Friday. At that. We got burgers, we got buffalo wings, we got smoked potato salad. Who has it better than we do? No, Lody, And maybe we don't call them Buffalo wings, considering we're building up enemies in Buffalo. Maybe we just call them wings today. Yeah, a situation yesterday, a woman big Buffalo Bills fan apparently thinks that we are not all in on the Buffalo Bills and want me to sing Happy Birthday to her boyfriend. But she doesn't like the show. I quickly found out, reading between the lines, being the investigative journalist that I am, that Jenna doesn't like the show, but her boyfriend does. In fact, Jenna's mother in law really loves the show as well. I'm getting the feeling that maybe Jenna and her husband don't like Jenna. Maybe that's the issue, just reading between the lines. Once again, We've got some of our best people on this as we try to figure out it. Do we have a bias against the Buffalo bills. Now we've had biases against people seating with the padres, seating within and out Burger Paulie some reason. The actor Bill Pullman. He hates Bill Pullman lately? Is he the late Bill Pullman? I don't want to do a stephen A. Smith. Oh he's still with me? Is there another actor that's kind of Bill Pullman?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Who's no longer with us? Oh? Is there somebody who gets mistaken for Bill Pullman? Checking? Okay? What was Bill Pullman in?
Speaker 4: Oh, Independence Day, Malice? Lots and lots of movies he plays the everyman.
Speaker 2: Was he Sandra Bullock's boyfriend who dies or Harry comes? He's in a coma and then he comes back to life?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that movie where she's in the hospital.
Speaker 2: That guy, Yeah yeah, But what's the name of the movie. Okay, you're thinking of Bill Paxton? Bill Paxton, that's the Bill Pullman. Okay, Bill Paxton passed away? Okay, that's the late great He.
Speaker 5: Was in Aliens. He was in lots of movies. Okay, rest in Power? Get I get those two mixed up a little bit. Okay, Well, welcome to the program. Yes, yes, Well what.
Speaker 4: Bothers me about yesterday's situation is we've always said that if you don't have a dog in the fight, you should root for the Bills or the Lions to make the Super Bowl. You've said that one hundred times on the show, because it's a great story.
Speaker 2: One hundred and six times, to be exactly, at least, yes, one hundred and six.
Speaker 4: Times, we are pro Bills and pro Lions if there's no other dog in the fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, I go back to rooting for the Buffalo Braves, one of my favorite teams of all time. But uh, you know, I think what happened is that Jim Kelly. We didn't include Jim Kelly among the great quarterbacks of that era. And you know, guilty, guilty as charged. Maybe we spend too much time talking about Montana and Elway and Dan Marino. The Dan Marino part of it probably bothers the Buffalo Bills fans because they're like, he didn't win anything. You know, Jim went to at least four Super Bowls. You're right, You're right, So okay, but morale is high. Come on, let's go. Who's with me? Who has it better than we do? Oh? Yeah, yeah, thank you Todd smoked potato salad. And by the way, will be in Green Bay. I think they like us in Green Bay. I think they love us in Wisconsin. But we'll be at the bar on Home Grown Way. We're about three blocks from Lambeau. We would love for you to join us as we do three shows there leading up to the NFL Draft. And we'll do a meet and greet on Wednesday night, four to six at the And it's first come, first serve as far as getting in the door. Stat of the Day brought to you by Pandia America, the official trading cards of the program. And this first time we're brought to you by our friends at Maco. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. They bring your car back to life. Affordable pin chops like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today, uh oh, better get Maco eight seven seven to three. DP Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls. Today. We'll come up with the poll question Play of the day, and we got the final four coming up on Saturday. Florida, Auburn, Houston and Duke. Duke was favored by four and a half. It went up to five and a half. I think that was two days ago. I kind of like Houston with the points there, Florida and Auburn. I'd like Auburn to win that out right now. Once again, entertainment purposes only if you want to hear the real professionals. Dan Patrick takes a Gamble podcast. We recorded that yesterday, Shay and Irving Bad Larry Dylan, Theographicsky of Edable at danpatrick dot Com. Women's Final four Tonight, Texas against South Carolina, Connecticut against UCLA. The Raiders extend Geno Smith and the Cardinals locked up one of my favorite players and he plays for a team that's not very good. The Cards locking up Trey McBride. He's a tight end. I don't think he scores many touchdowns, but it feels like he is. He's all over the place. He had one hundred and eleven catches and I just kept thinking, damn, this guy just he never stops, keeps coming backs. Now he's one of those He's good, but not that famous kind of guy. And you know, look, the league is littered with that. But when I watch the Cardinals play, I can't help but I can't take my eyes off Trey McBride just because he's involved constantly. But he got locked up by the Cardinals, so great, good for him. Let me see good morning. If you're watching on Peacock and our radio Philly, it's around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. I'd love to be talking about Jahn Morant hitting a game winner, but I can't because it's Joamorant and he did it again, hit the game winner against the heat. And look, you're in a playoff push jockeying for position here both teams are and Jah Morant had the game winner. Now this is the next game. After he did the gun gesture to Buddy healed, he got a talking to by the commissioner and then he goes out and then last night does another gun gesture as well. This is similar. I think to Hey, you got pulled over by the police and they give you a warning, Hey you're speeding, don't speed all right, officer? And then what do you do? You peel out and then you get pulled over again, Like what are you doing? I just told you I'm going to give you a Yeah, I know. John Moran is forcing the NBA. He's forcing Adam Silver and he's really he's embarrassing the NBA now in a vacuum. Okay, is this a big deal?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: You know this.
Speaker 2: We have gestures, we have you know, unfortunately we have too much of that and this is but you were warned. You've already been suspended a couple of times with a real gun. So when you have priors and you have a history, I just don't want this to be ten years from now you go remember that guy with Memphis? Uh? Joher? Yeah? Lee? What could have been? I've seen phenomenal talents in all sports and then you just can't They can't help themselves. And I don't know if a teammate says, come on, do they have the guy who says, come on, your coach just got fired. I don't know what role he played in that. But you're in a playoff push, you've been suspended, and you point the imaginary gun again, like what are you doing? You came in as a feel good story, this guy out of nowhere? How did people miss on this guy at Murray's state? Well, maybe we're starting to realize maybe why they missed out. Maybe there was stuff that was leading up to this. Off the court, he gives you highlights every single night. He's fascinating, phenomenal, but he's flawed because I don't know if anybody is really taking ownership of him because he's not. Is his dad or his dad just a cheerleader here? I mean, these are serious things because now you're affecting a career. Now are you going to get suspended the rest of the regular season? Now you affect other people. If he wants to do something on Instagram live with a gun? Okay, you can be stupid, but this is where you're affecting an entire city, a coaching staff, and your teammates. Just play great basketball. You don't have to be a gangster. Just play be great. But you get to a certain point where he's over twenty five. It's like, man, when he was twenty two, he was Anthony Edwards. Well now we're twenty five, and you wonder where are we going with this? He's I don't know. Are you all in? Do you want to be a basketball player? Do you want to be a star, do you want to be a leader? Do you want to be the poster child? Do you want to be first or second team? All envy? And maybe you don't. I could only approach this. It's almost parental that I look at this like somebody you got to grab somebody and say and if this you know, the suspension didn't work where it cost him millions of dollars because you had a gun and then you had a gun again, and now you're doing the fake gun and then you do the fake gun again. At some point somebody's got to help him because he's not going to help himself. And maybe he doesn't know got a big contract here, but yeah, I saw it again last night, and we should be talking about what a clutch play. Got the ball, you went on the road and then he does that, All right, Well, come up with a pole question here. It's one of those where now the commissioner is going to have to act, and I don't know what he'll do. I mean, I think what he should do is say, I can't put up with this. Given how polarizing this issue is in America with guns, everything that's happened, we can't be cavalier about this. It can't be all fun in games and this goofy and hey, you know bang bang No, Nope, nope, no no. I would suspend him and then see how the team does the rest of the regular season, but that would be you know, I go to the old school. I go to the David Stern school, you know. And then John Moran says that he doesn't care what people saying anymore negative comments. Yeah, he says, I'm used to it pretty much a villain for two years now. Who made you a villain? You made you a villain, You were a feel good story. People loved watching you play. You made you nobody else did. And as I said when I came on, I'd love to be talking about man, I love it. Somebody wants the ball in a clutch situation and they hit a big shot and you're navigating your playoff seating here, but instead we're not. That's unfortunate. And I know you have NBA players say, oh you guys, just focus on the negative stuff. Help me not focus on the negative stuff. I'd be more than happy to talk about how great Joker was the other night and Steph Curry was the other night, which I did. But then you get these resets where you're like, come on, and especially a repeat offender. That's the disappointing part of all of this. Did you learn anything? Apparently it didn't. See what's pole question today?
Speaker 7: There's a fun one. It's not really a pole question, but it's a very fun fill in the blank, if you will, from Paul Yer, which fan base has no sense of humor about itself or their team? We can populate that? Okay, is that I start with the Cowboys. Then we might call this the Dallas Cowboys poll question. The teams that have no sense of humor about themselves?
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, we're trying to fill out a pole question about teams and fan bases that have no sense of humor about themselves. So when we put forth that name of that fan base, they're not gonna have a sense of humor about being on the pole question.
Speaker 7: It's like a cycle inspired by the Buffalo Bills, obviously of os Yankee Yankee fans.
Speaker 2: Yankees, Sure we could do that. Who else doesn't have a say?
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess the Lakers too?
Speaker 2: Really? Okay?
Speaker 4: Who else fan bases that are defensive fan bases when you call them out, like, oh, I don't want to say their names. But there's some sec schools that if you critique them, wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can't come up with a book question. Maybe I don't want to say it.
Speaker 4: Okay, schools like Alabama and Ohio State. If you jab them lightly they go scorched earth back on and other schools as well. But those are like peak, what's.
Speaker 2: Going to happen? You mentioned Ohio State? Yeah, are they sensitive? Yes? Yes, Alabama, yes.
Speaker 7: They are actually Yeah, you know now that I think about a Michigan fans take themselves very serious.
Speaker 2: Yes, well about the national championship and the cheating scandal. Oh sorry, Michigan men.
Speaker 7: Take themselves very A Michigan man rich is in line for.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 8: Yes, Patriots fans over the years with the the flate gates and there's stealing signs and manipulative things.
Speaker 7: There were Patriots were targeted with two of the most ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Wait now you're me and a Patriot fan being defensive.
Speaker 7: I mean there obviously Roder Goodell. Both of those have been already debunked. The ideal gas law, and everybody knows the flight gates.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows spiking.
Speaker 7: Here we go, here's the stupid anyway, So I wouldn't put the.
Speaker 2: Play in the victims, Yeah, okay, I'd put the Patriots on there. Okay, all ranks, do you want to have that as the poll question. I thought we were gonna, maybe, you know, kind of go positive today. It's a Friday. You thought that I did? I did that quickly changed here. All right, we'll come up with the poll question. Christopher mad Russo will join his coming head.
Speaker 1: That's a bad job out of.
Speaker 2: You, coffin in the middle of the right, add job out of you? I after this, thank you toa uh all right, we'll come up with the poll question. Got a play of the day, stat of the day, and it's a meet Friday. Morale is high and so are we. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 3: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kovin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We'll settle on a poll question. Some phone calls coming up eight seven to seven to three DP show. Watch the Warriors against the Lakers. There was one play where Luca was trying to guard Steph Curry and it was as if Luca was on roller skates, and I just felt bad for him because I keep talking about the Lakers when they played really well, when everybody was healthy, they played really good defense. Luca is trying to play defense. He just can't play good defense. But Steph had him out Tom McKee and I just thought, you got to pick your poison with Steph. You're either going to be right on him on the perimeter and let him go to if he wants to drive, or you just say go ahead. And I think if I'm Luca, I just say all right, go ahead. You're eventually going to miss one of those three pointers. But you know that's a big win for Golden State going in there, and uh, you know you're fighting for survival now. Now, these games meet an awful lot to some of these teams. And if you're the Lakers, you do not want Oklahoma City. I mean, try to hold off as long as you can because they're going to get you and they're going to go. They're the deepest team in the NBA, and I know we're waiting to see how they do when they have to win a game when the spotlight is on SGA. I mean, yes, we're all waiting for that chat Holmgren. We're waiting for that. And teams need to learn when you get in those situations. That's why I said with the Rockets, I don't expect much from the Rockets and the playoffs. It's almost a fact finding mission. Hey, let's let's go in and see what it feels like to play in these games. You know these situations and you learn from that. And then it's like the Celtics, you know, as great as they've been there still on a fact finding mission of what do we do? What's it like? Who do we count on? What happens when somebody struggles? Can somebody pick somebody else up? And now we're comfortable with the Celtics when they get there, whereas Okac we're not sure. Cleveland we're not sure because they haven't been there before, none of their players have been there. That's what you want to see come playoff time. And it never ceases to amaze me. It's formulaic. It feels like half court basketball. Can you play defense? Can you get a stop? There'll be a moment where you have a sloppy game and you pull out a win or you don't, and it could decide the series. All right, Seaton, what's the other pole question we have with John Morant related?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we have to figure out what Commissioner Adam Silver needs to do.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 7: I mean, does he do nothing, I think he already did that. Does he sit him down for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: I would, But then once again, I don't want to punish you unless you understand you learn from the punishment, because if you have children and you give them a timeout and then all of a sudden, maybe there's an awareness of the next time it doesn't happen. They've given him a time, I mean a really expensive timeout and then another expensive timeout, and now what do you do. Are you going to say, hey, you promise not to do that again or else? I mean, I'm going to take the odds of he'll do it again. But do you you don't want to hurt the product of the NBA as well? I mean that's another thing you got a factor in. Commissioner would never admit that, but you know you do have to factor that in. Do I want to hurt this team when they get to the playoffs? Well, maybe just suspending for a week right before the end of the regular season and then see if that, I don't know, shakes him up a little bit. It's about players can get suspended, like Dreamond Green when he would get suspended for doing something stupid. He would hurt his team. He cost his team a championship by doing something stupid. That's when it should resonate until he sees what he's doing to his teammates. Then maybe he doesn't care. And I know maybe I spend way too much time on this, but I just he's an incredible talent. But I don't know what he's trying to prove. Are you a tough guy? Do you want to be a tough guy? Do you want to be a great basketball player? But I don't know what the commissioner said to him and Buddy Healed, But now what do you say? Because this isn't Buddy Healed. This is a different game, different opponent, and he's still doing the same thing. By the way, Steph had thirty seven last night, they win by seven. That's a big win for them, and Jimmy Butler is not trying to do too much. He had eleven points last night. But I do like that he's sort of when he was with Miami. I think we expected him to do more because I think he had to do more. I don't think he feels like he has to do that. He doesn't have to really push the envelope here. As far as the Lakers, Lebron had a big night. He had thirty three, Ruey Hatchemra had twenty four, Austin Reeves had thirty one. He was Luca who had this subpar game and he knew it after the game. But man, these are the games, and this can be a really good team. I mean, Austin Reeves is playing wonderful lost in all of this, Austin Reeves is a legitimate third option on this team and at times second option on this team. And maybe you say, well, he's got Luca to take a little prepice. Yeah, okay, but he's still he's he's producing and they're gonna need a three headed monster going into the playoffs here. Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 4: There's only about five regular season games left for all the teams in the West. Denver, Los Angeles, Golden State, Memphis, and Minnesota were all within two games of each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is where I I want to get his attention. And this hurts his team. That's different. You know, he gets suspended and he might say, so, what big deal. Hey, I'm a victim here. You know, I don't care you know what you say about me. I got a hundred million dollars. So what But if you hurt his team, then maybe it resonates. Maybe let's see Buddha in San Francisco. Hi, Buddha, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: No, buddy, happy to meet Friday boys.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 6: I've said this before, and you know, John Morant is an adult now, but he acts like a kid, and kids do stupid things, and over and over, he just doesn't. He just hasn't learned at all or doesn't seem to think that the rules apply to him, and it's it's kind of ridiculous and it's an he's I mean, he's an absolute talent, Dan, like you said, like there's no denying that, but he doesn't understand that it's going to ruin his NBA career and he's gonna end up a sad story of what could have been in my opinion, And like, I want him.
Speaker 2: To succeed, I really do.
Speaker 6: But I heard you guys talking about Carmelo getting his jersey retired yesterday, which led to Lebron of course, and I just wanted to chi him in, Dan, because when I think of Lebron getting his number retired as a Laker, it's it's not an automatic to me because when I sit and think about all the jerseys and the Raptors and in la you know, Magic Kareem will check the logo. I mean even chick Hern. I mean, what is Lebron's Laker moment that enshrines them into Laker lore. I have no moments in my mind right now as I think about it.
Speaker 2: Well, the all time leading score, I would say that, and he won the title. No grant, it didn't win the title in Los Angeles actually on you know, the home floor there because they were in the bubble. But thank you bout it. Great to hear from it. Yeah, becoming the all time leading score, Yeah, that is enough. And I don't care who goes to the rafters. I have nothing against Lebron. In fact, I'm a Lebron fan. But if you want to retire jersey, you want to retire mellows like I don't, I don't care. It's really about the fan base. If you want a statue, great, You want a jersey up there, great, because you know from where I sit, it doesn't matter. I mean, I if you're going to put la Ello jersey and the Raptors, just put Bernard Kings in there. I just feel like I'm the caretaker for a previous generation with players letting people know. It's like when I hear stephen A. Smith said or quoted as saying, Steph Curry, I guess a Hall of Famer said to stephen A Steph Curry wouldn't average seventeen when this Hall of Famer played. But like, if you're if you're the Hall of Famer, why is it off the record? I do you feel strongly about this, put your name behind it. If there truly is somebody who said this to stephen A, Hey, he wouldn't get seventeen in our day. Okay, how about we have a discussion. Why don't you if you're going to say to stephen A, then why don't you say, hey, come on the show. I mean, that'd be the first thing I would say. If I'm Steven A and a Hall of Famer said, hey, he wouldn't average seventeen a game, I'd say, why don't you come on the show? If not, why are you telling me this? Jay Williams at least came out and said, having you know, name the guy, because it's stupid. Steph Curry is still the greatest shooter in the game and has a great handle. All you have to do is go back and you go, oh, well, Steph would get roughed up. If you do a little homework, you'll find that Nate Archibald was probably five ten at the most, maybe won sixty five. And I got to see him in Cincinnati. He led the NBA in scoring an assist for a last place Tom once again, he's probably five to ten one sixty five and they played grown ass men basketball back then, and Nate was not a great shooter, but he would beat you off the dribble. So you're telling me Steph wouldn't be able to average twenty five. Nate, I think averaged close to thirty. Come on, I'm all about protecting eras I am. Jerry West could play today, Elgin Baylor could play today, And you want to put Giannis or Joker back in the seventies. Yes, would they be great, Yes, would they dominate?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Would Lebron Yes they would. But you know, we just have these silly and I don't even know if they're real. But you can create a whole segment on a show by just saying somebody told me, tell me who you are. That's what I want to know and then tell me why you think that. But we get caught up in Bob Coosey couldn't be Bob Coosey. Now, Well, if Bob Coosey came up in the AAU era and was able to be exposed to all the basketball and you know, travel and training and all of those things, would he be able to play? I'm guessing he would be. Bill Russell wouldn't be Bill Russell, he wouldn't Would he be able to play today? Yes, he's one of the most athletic players I've ever seen. Oh, Wilt wouldn't be able to dominate. No, I know he wouldn't be. But if Wilt was coming up now, Wilt would be a different player. It's just I hate when we do this because if you're great, you'll you'll want to be great whenever you play. And Jerry West would have been a great player today. Walt Frasier would have been a great player today. Yes, Mom, Wilt Chamberlain looked the way he looked without weight training. You imagine if a every single day go into the gym, you know what wol chamber would have looked like. And then he was doing all this with low top convers on Actually he wore high tops. Excuse me, Yeah, Bill Russell wore low to even more impressive. And nobody ever got a sprained ankle? How is that? Bill Russell blocked Moore shot, Lenno Wilt probably blocked more shots than anybody. These guys didn't have sprained ankles. Bill Russell's going a different speed. Yes, yes, Janis had thirty five, seventeen and twenty assists last night. He went joker. He went joker on the seventy six ers last night. That's awesome. We forget about him, like he graduated to the Oh, that's right, and his team isn't that good? Not going to be playing for a championship. Maybe his days are numbered in Milwaukee. Who knows. But these players, all of a sudden, it's like, hey, have you seen this guy? To man, that guy's really good. To that guy, he's gonna win the MVP. Man, he better win a championship. Then he wins championship, and then what do we do? We move on. That's exactly what happened with him. He's still a marvelous player, but we don't focus on them because they're not a marquee team. Anymore. Yes, Mars, Yeah, Giannis is on scholarship, But I ad one question, does it really count because he did that against the seventy six ers? Wow? Master Risky? Wow? Well, yes, Todd, I was gonna say the same thing if you're doing it against the team that's not You know that the Maxie's gone for the year. Em bead is at You know, how do you hold on here? How many times have I said to you somebody had a big game like scored fifty, and I go, did they play the Wizards? And chances are they played the Wizards?
Speaker 4: Yes, Paulie, let's quickly play No your seventy six ers. The starting lineup that went against Giannis last night? If anyone can name two, you get ten bonus points. I don't know what that means. Ten bonus points? Yes, okay, who can name two starting six ers that the Bucks space last night?
Speaker 2: Marvin? Somebody who'd last named Milton? Nope, shake Milton, Speedy Claxton. This might be the toughest game in show history. And no Tyrese Maxy Nope, damn that was no. Joe l embiid Paul George, No, Paul George?
Speaker 7: What what about Johnson?
Speaker 2: I would have given it to you.
Speaker 4: Not a Johnson on the roster.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, no williams uh Nerlings Noel, give you a blop for the reference.
Speaker 4: Okay, dang, we could go all day Gershawan Yabacile get twenty two, okay, Justin Edwards Porten eight okay, adem bona ad em not Adam adem bona. Okay, he had it was full bona. He had twenty eight points. Okay, I had to do it. Dan talks Friday, Yeah, thank you, it's Friday. Jared or Jared Butler if he was European fourteen points. You may know this guy. He's had a nice season. Quentin Grimes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the guy, Marvin. That's who you were looking for.
Speaker 4: That was twenty four and ten.
Speaker 2: He's had a couple of big games. Yeah, you're seventy six ers. Wow, yikes. Andrew in Washington, Andrew, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dan.
Speaker 10: Then I hope my connection is better this time.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 10: That of the year is that Jim Harbaugh having more rushing yards than Bo Jackson. That's pretty amazing. I called about the Lakers. I think they did have a positive loss last night. If you look at it. They only lost by seven points, and their bench scored the lowest of the season, only seven points, So their starters really did win the game, almost win the game for him against Golden State. And I think they're going into the playoffs with a good stretch. I know they don't want to meet up with OKC, and I agree with that, but I think they're really hitting their stride. They're really going to get going as the playoffs come together. So I just want to say that, and guys have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Andrew. Yeah, I mean you can look at it and say the bench didn't have a great performance, but you know, aside from staff, I mean, Jimmy Butler didn't have a great game. Who's the kid out of Santa Clara Brandon pod Zimski Desk. He's good. Yeah, Like he's in one of those you watch and you go, huh, got the headband on your He doesn't look like he looks like somebody out of the Will Ferrell basketball movie. Was that Jackie Moon semi pro? You'd say, yeah, he's one of the guys on the on the floor there. He's out of Santa Clair. I think yes, Pauline Brandon Podemski. I think it's the pronunciation. We should just call him ski for three ski Ski. All right, we'll take a break. We got our play of the day up next, update the poll results, mad Dog Russo will Jonas a little bit later on this morning. We're back after this and The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Wapp Oh my God of the day.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check us out Almorant with eight seconds. Seven seconds, didn't hurt them? Go out where on Moran? Three seconds? Morant into the paint, steps in, steps back, fade away at the buzzer, dead rattles.
Speaker 2: Around here, goes down, Jummurran.
Speaker 1: We'll send the Grizzlies off to that right with a last second victory.
Speaker 2: Courtesy of the Grizzlies Radio Network. The Grizzlies are battling for a top six spot in the West, where three through eight are separated by two and a half games. That's your play the day, brought to you by Express Employment Professionals. They can provide contract workers to flex up for peak seasons without having to raise your core workforce headcom manage your workforce differently. Visit expresspost dot com today, expresspros dot com. Update the poll results seating if you can during this first hour. Yeah, we just put up there.
Speaker 7: Jummerant needs to be helped or suspended right now. Results are sort of pending on that one because we just got it up there. I'm curious to see how that switches up over to Okay.
Speaker 2: I think both, But then I don't know what happened the last time or the time before that. All right, more phone calls coming up Jake and Wisconsin. Hi Jake, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: What ud?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jake is back.
Speaker 9: I heard you're coming to my neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Are you going to join us in Green Bay?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I heard meeting gets wednesday night. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. Four to six will be at the bar, their own home grown way. The Gang's gonna be joining us. We're gonna take questions from the audience. We'll have a little little swore, a little shindig there.
Speaker 9: Nice. Yeah, Jef set the bra is such a good guy at the bar is such a good guy. I've met him a couple of times. One of my Buddies has a bar in Milwaukee that it's called the broad House like that, and they do shuttles that run from their bar, the bar in Green Bay to the brown House in Milwaukee. So I've known the guy for a couple of years now. He's great spot. Nothing but flat wings there, the chief, Kurt Berger, you picked a good spot for sure.
Speaker 2: Good, all right, We look forward to seeing you. Last time we were in Wisconsin, we saw Jake, didn't.
Speaker 4: We Miller Park for the sausage race.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Curtis in Illinoishi, Curtis Warner VP. Morning.
Speaker 8: Was also thinking about going to the meet and greet, as I luckily have Wednesdays off. But I was wondering, besides the flats, what other meats you guys are going to be offering for all your fans that are going to be there.
Speaker 2: And then I wanted to wish my daughter.
Speaker 8: A happy birthday, if you guys could give her.
Speaker 2: A wonderful rendition.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately I was sick at the beginning of the week and now she's sick and probably won't have a birthday party.
Speaker 2: And what's her name, Curtis Madison? Madison? All right, Madison, Happy birthday?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Curtis, No for offering. Yeah, we're not we're not cooking. It's just whatever's on the menu at the bar.
Speaker 7: I mean flats for days for everybody, like come on in and uh, I mean have them there.
Speaker 2: I might bring a trigger grill, but that would be just for the show. As far as the actual bar and the menu, it's whatever they serve. Let me see Dante and San Diego.
Speaker 11: Hi Dante, they call me Padre Dante. Hey, five eight, that's not my forty time and a Sunday Italian sauce one seventy five. Hey, I'm calling in a lot of didn't have you right now? Yes, it's my birthday and losing more hair, turning thirty three, and also my wife is thirty eight going on thirty nine weeks pregnant. I want some advice from you. You've got three dollars about time my first daughter, hopeing I can get a boy sometime. But I would like to know any tips that you can give me. And then also how about those padres. I don't like the Dodgs creeping up on us or not a little brother anymore. So yeah, I want to know your take on my San Diego padres and yeah, what tips you can give me, I'm becoming a father.
Speaker 2: Well, just be there for your wife, Just support her and do little things for even after the baby is born, give her an hour where you take over or you just do things for her, small things. And then once your daughter starts to be aware of who you are and the surroundings, just spend time, play house, dress up, all of those things. Have fun with it, Embrace it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sen I would say too, understand that nobody knows what the hell they're doing, certainly for the first couple of years. So give yourself and your partner some grace. Understand that nobody knows what the hell's going on either, and you're all just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: We got my son home, our first child, and I remember we put him on the bed and my wife and I looked at each other and we go, what are we doing? We just we had no You just go, man, he's he's gonna be there for ever. Yeah, he's we gotta take care of him. There's no nurses around here. What are we doing? And then you just figure it out. Have a sense of humor, You must have patience, and you must have a sense of humor.
Speaker 7: Yes, see, Brian bringing my wife and son home from the hospital. We stopped at Bruger's first to get some lunch, so like we didn't even go home yet. We stopped to go get like a bagel sandwich, and we while sitting there, we're looking at this kid and we're like, oh my god, what the hell are we going to do? And we were thinking about our dog at the time, Ruby and my wife saved half of her bagel ted like tuna on it too.
Speaker 2: I think it had tuna.
Speaker 7: She saved half of her bagels that when we walked in, the dog would smell the food and be like, oh wow, this is great. Like we gave the dog half of the sandwich to be like, oh look, ever since this kid got here, yeah, I get great food now.
Speaker 2: A little bait and switch there. We had no idea what the hell we were doing. We're like, why they park in Texas High Park? What's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 12: Hey, I was just having a question about your frustration comparing you know, NBA superstars from different eras and why we don't do that. It seems like with NFL players or MLB players, like I've never heard a segment on. You know, Johnny Uniteds would get cooked in today's NFL. So just your thoughts on Park.
Speaker 2: I just had a conversation with the Danis during the commercial break. I'm like, we don't do that with baseball. Nobody says, Man stand Usual wouldn't be able to be a great hitter today, or Ted Williams, Hey Ruth, Like, we don't do that, but we do that with basket football. Nobody goes, you know, Bart Starr wouldn't be able to play today, Bob Greasy wouldn't be able to play today. That's the way, you know, we pick and choose with this, Yes, Pauline.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's because baseball changes less than other sports, the physicality, the structure. Baseball players are bigger and stronger now, but they're generally not drastically bigger than they were fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the oh no, they are if you look, Babe Ruth was not a big guy in his day. He was, but I think it was Tim Kirkchin who said that Babe Ruth was the size of rich Aurelia, who was a shortstop for the San Francisco Giants. They just look bigger back then. Black and white. Yeah, Ray Ruth he can take a Nepe Christopher mad Dog Russo Well John is coming up