Speaker 1: We're rolling that we are.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Oh now your mic is on?
Speaker 3: Are we good now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 3: Now, Welcome to Serial Killers who Today's Monday, May first, May first, at the beginning of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month aap I month. That's right, Welcome to it. Yes, I don't have any aa p cereals AAPI. Yes, but it is a carefully curated episode. Carefully ain't curated, So welcome aboard. Scott likes to always do in every episode. He curates every episode. So let's give him a round of applause. Well, I mean I try, I gotta go higher. You're I want to be in the same level as you.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then reach your chair.
Speaker 3: Wait, but you don't have any rounds of applause there because this one, this is another stupid man box. Where do you keep getting these from?
Speaker 1: Where? Seriously, the dude, no, the other box, the other roadcaster I used. You were right with the popping. I'll admit it. I'll admit it. And its very annoying. And so I realized it.
Speaker 3: Sabotage is what that was.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, don't flatter yourself, Toots. Anyway, So that wasn't working. So then I'm using this other road caster. But the problem is that the new road casters. To anybody in the audio world, it's very confusing. Anthony, I'm gonna need to call you. That's Carl Carlo Is Anthony. I'm gonna have to call him because he knows how to use this. He's a tech guru. By the way, this is New Leaf Day, New Month. New Leaf knew us because I've been reading lots of complaints from people. No, the last two episodes were great.
Speaker 3: We've been fining, so I wasn't in it.
Speaker 1: No, the last two, the last two serial Killers, we were very happy and personable and people like that. It's a return to form where we're not arguing so much.
Speaker 3: But I've been seeing I've been seeing comments from people because I get all the YouTube comments now seeing people are like, see what happened to you? Guys? I told you, But you know, this is just the natural progression of it.
Speaker 1: I tried to tell you it was getting a little bit too negative, and you were.
Speaker 3: I don't do it on purpose. Could just here you. I just have to respond to you.
Speaker 1: Last two episodes were great with serial Killers. We didn't argue, and we're gonna keep on that trend. Well, we're gonna argue. No, say that's us, but we're gonna do it enough fun.
Speaker 3: Maybe ask you. I'm not arguing by.
Speaker 1: Saying that you're you're poking, You're poking the bear.
Speaker 3: I have an ear. I have an ear thing like I feel like I've water in my ear. So I'm having trouble hearing a little bit. Maybe it was so do you want me to talk louder graud? No, but it might affect my taste senses when one sense is you know, messed up.
Speaker 1: No, you did not just tell me that your ear is clogged, so you're gonna have supersonic taste.
Speaker 3: Yes, for the cereals, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: That's why our ratings might be different. I can't what happened.
Speaker 1: That is such? That is such a scotty thing. Would you like to get started? Yes? Please?
Speaker 3: Uh new or classic new? Yeah? This was been sitting under in the cereal sack for a little bit, so much so that there's already like oil oozing out the bottom of money though. No, no, no, you did that already.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did. I did it. You did not I ate the bad cereal.
Speaker 3: This is another new special K zero zero added sugar. It's from their new line of Keto friendly cereals. We did the chocolate and whatever one. What do you remember oil was oozing out? Don't look, there's an oil stain on the bottom. No, I don't know if it was just sitting on top of something or if it's just there's something oozing out of the box. I've only had this for a couple of weeks. So this is the cinnamon one. Okay, shake shake, shake, shake, shake shake.
Speaker 1: Cere there's literally nothing to shake.
Speaker 3: It's all the same, but some of the cinnamon might have fallen off.
Speaker 1: What well, I mean with your supersonic taste buds.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see if the oil is actually from the box or if it was sitting on top of something.
Speaker 1: Wait, it can't be super sonic casnic a sound what's taste super super taste?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's no oil in the box. It must have been sitting on something.
Speaker 1: On the floor. All right, So we're good. So these they look like these are knocked It tastes good. I can already tell you by the look of them. They look like the look cereal look. They look like misshapened corn pops. Yes, and on top of that packing peanuts with some cinnamon dust.
Speaker 3: The cinnamon smells nice.
Speaker 1: It smells like it smells like a cookie of some.
Speaker 3: Sort, stick ordoodle. It smells like another cereal we've had. By the way, this box is very light and it's only seven point seven ounces.
Speaker 1: To be honest, No, lad, Now the cereal kind of looks like it has like a checks mix dust on it. This doesn't look like cereal.
Speaker 3: I see that.
Speaker 1: And also, yeah, these are easy to break. Look at that. I just flattened it.
Speaker 3: Tuscan milk, big old gallon because I was at the speedway this morning and it's the only thing. Do you know, I've never been in a place where the only milk they had is a gallon container of one percent? Sorry it's one percent.
Speaker 1: What a big start to thee.
Speaker 3: But I mean that was the only option. What store has that as an only option? I don't know, a gallon of one it's so random, very random, not even a half gallon. I think people would buy a half gallon more than to buy a freaking gallon. I mean it's heavy.
Speaker 1: Whenever I go to the store now, I usually buy the smallest container because I usually don't drink the milk.
Speaker 3: What's the smallest buy and I don't know. You tell me I'm not good with that. Well, I mean the smallest container is a pint, but I don't buy a pint. You're buying a quart, yeah, or you're buying a half gallon. Why I buy a pint? No, I buy a quarter A quart? A quart? A quart is the skinny container because.
Speaker 1: I don't really drink milk.
Speaker 3: So it looks it looks like it's dusted with cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see, this is going to be bad.
Speaker 3: The cinnamon is nice, well, but it has there's a kick.
Speaker 2: In ooh oh what is it that feeling?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's like it turns into a sponge.
Speaker 1: Do you need the garbage can? Okay, hold on, hold on you friends, friends help each other throw up special k zero cinnamon.
Speaker 3: That turns into a sponge in your mouth?
Speaker 4: On it?
Speaker 1: This is this is bad. This is a monstrosity of a cereal. And I have to tell you, I don't know what there.
Speaker 3: It started to taste like something familiar from childhood, but then it didn't.
Speaker 1: And does it have stevia?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say that it's not something monk fruit or something. Oh, what's the sweetener in there?
Speaker 1: Because this is no sugar, oat, fiber, natural flavor, cinnamon, sucralose, smart fruit extract, salt, bech t for freshness. No, terrible, this is terrible. I feel you know, who would eat Newman give us his honest review.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean he can go buy it.
Speaker 1: Oh, because we're going to eat this. Yeah, we're gonna eat this.
Speaker 3: I I don't think that it will do well. It's shipping. It's a different climate out there. It's going to like change the molecular structure of the cereal because the box is open. Okay, got it, great, Newman. I'll put in a zip block and send it to you.
Speaker 1: This is bad. Do not buy special K zero cinnamon it. It quickly becomes like a sponge in your mouth. I wonder, I wonder what it does in your belly. Yeah, that gets a vomit face for me. Sorry, they're a special K No.
Speaker 3: No, all right, Well, speaking of Stevia, I was in Florida. I visited Froggy and Lisa last week. Danielle surprised us, which was really cool. And of course, you know, when I'm in a different state, different city, different town, different whatever.
Speaker 1: You check out all this.
Speaker 3: I go to the supermarkets, So I went to Public's. I went to green Wise, which is their like trendy store. I went to Win Dixie, went to BUCkies, and I couldn't find really anything that we haven't done yet except a Public's brand.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of Froggy claims that stevia does not have a bad aftertaste and it just tastes like sugar.
Speaker 1: My question is, is this kind of like the what's the thing that people don't cilantro Is it like how some people taste it as soap and then some people don't. Is this like a thing? Because I taste it, it has a it has a weird aftertaste. But Scott other Scott was saying in our bull Chat episode that he doesn't taste it. He's just kind of like, I just assume that's how it's supposed to taste.
Speaker 3: Maybe people that don't eat sugar true can't tell because it says on the package taste like sugar, and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: JUSTYI, now, if you don't eat sugar but you only eat stevia, No, it doesn't taste like sugar at all. I'm just letting you know that it's a lie. It's a huge lie, stupid trivia liars. But if they want to sponsor the show, we'll take them on and see how great it is Stevia.
Speaker 1: We love the taste of stevia. Here, Scott, take a spoonful. No, I love it.
Speaker 3: So while I was in publics, I found their brand, crunchy brand and raisin. So this is like your Kellogg's raisin brand clusters, but does it have Stevia? No? No, no, this is good old sugar, you know. And there's like a there's an older gentleman on the back, maybe a middle aged gentleman of paddleboarding.
Speaker 1: Good. It's promoting. It's saying, if you do this, you can go paddle boarding.
Speaker 3: Right. This is a heavy box. So that other one was seven okay, so here look the same size box. Right, This box is seven point seven ounces. This box is eighteen point two ounces, more than double because it's heavy and it's a full box of this is crap. Yeah, you throw that away deliciously. Craft and Nutrition with purpose, Lion Saxon garbage, garbage.
Speaker 1: I don't understand who isn't tasting the cereal before it gets shipped out, who in their mind is like, hey, would you like to taste like the texture? What about a sponge?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Would you like to eat a sponge?
Speaker 3: And the thing is, these Keto cereals are much more expensive than your regular boxing the.
Speaker 1: Screen and I get it, Like, but Keto bread is the same thing. Because I keep buying Keto bread to be like, I'll force myself to like it, and I just can't. I just can't do it. It doesn't taste good. It tastes like I'm eating cardboard.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's I don't know. I don't know the answer, I really don't. All I know is that this cereal is full of freaking raisins, full of raisins. Publics, You're great, Publics did three scoops of raisins. I'm pretty sure what. Hmm, oh you threw we threw a spoons away? I think, yeah, we did. Pardon my burp, I'm sorry. So these are looks like coated flakes of some sort plain old raisins.
Speaker 1: I'm tasting this monk fruit still sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh god, freak it, I spilled the milk. That's the thing with the freaking gallons spilling it spills everywhere.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a personal problem.
Speaker 3: No, uh, there's clusters of some sort of granola clusters, lots of plump, juicy raisins. They're not sugar.
Speaker 1: Let's not get carried away calling them plump juicy raisins.
Speaker 3: Why that's descriptive.
Speaker 1: But like a juice, there's no such thing as a juicy raisin. No, they say juicy raisins, But how could it be juicy? They no, it's not dry. A raisin is just it's a raisin, is a dried grape, but it's not dry. There's still there's still never in my life bit into like a raisin and said, whoa, what's that juicy flavor?
Speaker 3: There's raisin, I know, but there's still moisture inside of them.
Speaker 1: Okay mmm mmmm that's good.
Speaker 3: Taste, a little brown sugar, maybe some molasses in there.
Speaker 1: Delicious.
Speaker 3: Good job. Publics, or as Cooper would call them, pubics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is great, four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: My thing is I'm tasting mostly raisins. I have a mouthful of raisins. Not that that's bad, but it's a little bit overtill. Whereas normally I like lots of raisins and raisin bram This was just slightly too much, so for that reason, four balls, But it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like this. This is this is dolicious cereal.
Speaker 3: Flakes, clusters, raisins, non sugar rais Look at Look there's like eight raisins.
Speaker 4: Look at those plump juicy rais what I uh? Yeah, this was good. I don't have the taste of monk fruit in my mouth, so that's a positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like I'm on I'm on the move to better things.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm looking up plump juicy raisins.
Speaker 1: I just don't see how a raisin can be juicy, Like you don't squeeze a raisin and see juice come out.
Speaker 3: No, but I've heard that term before.
Speaker 1: Are you googling plump?
Speaker 3: There's lots of recipes how to plump raisins. Why would you use a grape?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe you like boil them or something and then they get filled with water.
Speaker 3: Well, this is pretty good cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is good. I like this. This is this is good to me.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a break and come back with another cereal from Ramiro from California, another foreign cereal. You're gonna enjoy this one. I think we might get drunk from it. Find out why next damn DM.
Speaker 1: DM DM damp damn and we're bad.
Speaker 3: Oh good. By the way, I never actually praised you and Newman. Last week's bull chat I enjoyed thoroughly. Other than the stupid ending, you guys did a really nice job. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that you said some nice things about you.
Speaker 3: No, I know they were lies, but that's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're nice.
Speaker 3: Scott. Yeah. Well, you know, you guys forgot that we end it with clink and you just said okay bye and that was it. But you know that's fine.
Speaker 1: So that means the episode never ends.
Speaker 3: No, it's still happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're getting paid a lot for that one because it's just going on and on. Oh yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your nice your nice compliments. Hopefully you could do one with uh Newman too. Maybe we could do a three way. We already did that.
Speaker 3: We did you don't.
Speaker 1: Know Bolts yet.
Speaker 3: You don't know yo chow.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: He was on for a second. He asked us both questions.
Speaker 1: He was on for like an hour and pa good.
Speaker 3: With that like, he comes up with good questions, he does his homework, and he actually really cares and puts time into the podcast. Us we just wing it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. On, well, but one of the country brand and Ragium, you curate all these episodes.
Speaker 3: I do curate them. I take time. You think I just willy nilly just say I have this one, this one and this one. There are reasons why I do these.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah, And I appreciate you for that.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't because if you did it, that's new corn flakes and cheerios and front lobes like what that what that means? Nothing? Mine all means.
Speaker 1: This is where okay, yeah, I hope it means something. This is where when somebody gives you a compliment, you should just take the compliment.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'll set up double down and say you wouldn't know coin flakes and cereos and fluozy wats it?
Speaker 3: Well, you're just along for the ride. It's all good. It's fine. Then at a great ride. It's been okay, all right, So this one I'm probably not going to like you probably will enjoy coffee cereal somewhat somewhat.
Speaker 1: Is it a Aphigado cereal.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means, but you know who would like this cereal? Also our friend Greg from the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a coffee cereal. He likes coffee cereals with granola.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Greg from Jonas Brothers, did you know that I had a Deep conversation at the waffle house last week? Yeah? What the Jonahs Brothers song?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Deep conversations at the waffle House? That's my favorite song? And did you know? I played it in the jukebox at waffle house and the lady with the blue hair behind the thing, she'd never heard it before. I thought maybe they like jammed that down their throats. As soon as it came out, it had to be front page in every jukebox and waffle house, but it wasn't. Wow, And you know what in bul chat on Wednesday, I'm gonna tell you a story about the waffle house waitress.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that episode would have aired last week, Scott.
Speaker 3: It did? Uh? I told you that story on Wednesday? What a doozy?
Speaker 1: Don't we catch up on that one? Look?
Speaker 3: I have to get my day straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so let's let's dive into this cereal.
Speaker 1: Woo, let's go swimming. Pretty sure.
Speaker 3: It's from Mexico. It's a Kellogg's Extra collection. And you know what flavor it is? Uh, Cora Hilo? Is that espresso? Espresso martini cereal? Kind of yes?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Because the definition is it's an after dinner cocktail of spiked hot coffee typical of Spain and some Latin American countries like Columbia, Cuba, and Mexico. Each country uses a different type of liquor. Okay, so I don't believe there's any liquor in here because you know, I don't know if they could do that. But the box open, oh, because because Ramiro had a flatten the boxes in order to send them. The bag is sealed. You promise, I promise.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch you open it because after millennial ohs, I don't trust you.
Speaker 3: That's fine this Uh, even though it says best before last week, it's fine. It's no, it's twenty three, it's just a couple of days past. It's prime. And I will try it so you'll know it's real. Oh, it needs to be shaken.
Speaker 1: Shake your box, Scott, You've got to shake your box. I shake, all right, it's got to eat my shake.
Speaker 3: His box look freshly opening?
Speaker 1: Thank smell Oh, it smells a little mapley. Maybe I don't think maple.
Speaker 3: What do you smell? It's got like coco e Well, yeah, because those are like chocolate coffee chunks.
Speaker 1: That looks like so already you could tell there's actual chocolate nibblets in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that might be mocha or something. I would love that. So there's regular flakes it looks like. And there's just a few chocolate coated flakes, right, did you get a chocolate fla coated.
Speaker 1: Flakes as much as they are like the coffee flavoring.
Speaker 3: Well, it's some kind of coated flake. Who less aborder Carlo? What chocolate?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: What? I don't know how to do it? Sing song because I couldn't really read it.
Speaker 1: So you sing when you don't know what it's called?
Speaker 3: Elas de mais. I think those are flakes of corn flavored with the coffee thing and some other thing and chocolate and something with chocolate flavor.
Speaker 1: Can we just eat it?
Speaker 3: And vitamins and hiero?
Speaker 1: Great? That was so cool? Is that how you talk to when you have people come to your house to like do any work or anything. You know how you say that you always try and put on like an accent for them, and I called you.
Speaker 3: Out, so well, I don't have anyone come to my house to do any work.
Speaker 1: See estos.
Speaker 3: All right, let's try it. It's smells. I don't. I can't really even describe this.
Speaker 1: It's got chocolate flakes and then it's got like this mocha thing.
Speaker 3: So try to try to get one of each thing on your because I'm only taking one. I'm only taking one spoonful of this because I don't like coffee. Here we go. You probably enjoy this. I don't. It doesn't have much coffee taste. This is a Kellogg cereal from Mexico. H show and Mexico. You know what that means? What ooh? It's a productive exclusivo Pataventa and Mechijoko Mexico. That means it's only sold in Mexico. It's exclusive to Mexico. I bet if you take the bus in Cancun to the end of the line and get to the Walmart that they have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just get on a quick plane to Cancun.
Speaker 3: I've done that. Trip. That's a fun bus ride. Not kidding. Anytime I go to Kankun in the Zona Hotel Aria, I always take the bus to the end and you get off and the Walmart is there. It's a fantastic Walmart. It's so weird. There's so much weird crap, like fish out in the open. It's really random. But there's there's a lot of fun stuff there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's so fun.
Speaker 3: De mai.
Speaker 1: Nothing's to me says vacation like taking a bus to Walmart.
Speaker 3: You know me, dude, tropical paradise. I like to go to all the random supermarkets and weird places to see all the different stuff they have. And that's where I found the McDonald's that still has the fried apple pies.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this is a giant disappointment to me. It doesn't taste like coffee. It doesn't taste caramel a little bit. I didn't taste that caramel machiato. Can you sing song it? Because I'm not sure if you said it right?
Speaker 3: Try that. Can you try the milk, try the yellow milk please? I won't because I just don't like the flavor.
Speaker 1: The milk tastes better than the cereal. Yeah, and it's really it just kind of tastes like how Nate drinks his coffee just like tons of cream.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll have a coffee with eight creams.
Speaker 1: No, he does well, now he's up to half and half. He used to do six creams, then he went down to five, then he said four, and now he does half in half.
Speaker 3: Here, my friend Scott uses heavy cream in milk in coffee. That's that's kind of insane.
Speaker 1: I don't think you actually enjoy the taste of coffee if you put that much milk in it heavy cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's not good. No, sorry, anyway, two balls for me. I'm sorry. I just I don't love coffee flavoring things as it.
Speaker 1: Is, so I appreciate you for sending this and thinking of us.
Speaker 3: Oh there's more.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to like this a lot because I do like coffee flavored things, but this is so weak in the coffee department that I'm just basically eating special k with chocolate chips and that's lame.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I taste more coffee slash caramelo.
Speaker 1: I do not taste any of that.
Speaker 3: And you give it two balls? Two?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: All right, sad, sad, sad.
Speaker 3: Well, we have more from uh Vermiro on the way. I told you we're gonna have a Churo episode on the way.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait for the.
Speaker 3: Check coming soon maybe next week.
Speaker 1: I don't know Costco Churro cereal on that that would be a hit.
Speaker 3: Must tell you one more thing. Yeah, I'm out of new cereal. So hopefully between now and next week something pops up fingers crossed. Yeah. Oh do you know what else?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: Kuan, our friend one, he has cereal he's gonna send. He mentioned it to me.
Speaker 3: Well, now what do you say, Juan? I would just say one.
Speaker 1: Because it's just it's one hue Yeah, one one?
Speaker 3: Okay. By the way, So while I was also oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Hitchos fa Borritos.
Speaker 3: It was also in Jacksonville. I went to Walmart just see their cereal selection. They have every single Multimeal cereal ever made. Oh wow, I couldn't believe they have brown sugar, maple Oh, bacon, maple O's, bacon maple O's.
Speaker 1: Do we have those?
Speaker 3: We had the ones that remember the from posts that had the chicken and waffles and they had the bacon whatever I didn't buy them because they were in a giant bag and I only had to carry on. So hopefully I can probably find them around here. I don't not have Froggy send them. I don't want to try them, but I have to.
Speaker 1: I guess Froggy go buy them and then chip them. Okay, that's a good idea. But it wasn't really, it wasn't close to his house was right near the airport. Okay, So anyway, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Walt by the airport, the airport Walmart. I could just see you being like, I have to leave early. You leave like four hours in advances, so you could troll a Walmart.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well we talked all about you know, my trip last episode. Oh yeah, just go back and listen to boll Chat. Yep, all right, we'll see you on Wednesday with another ball chat.
Speaker 1: Where I'm gonna be wearing this same sweater.
Speaker 3: What's put the I mean the ducks ducks adorable? But I is he like pissed off? Or is he have a broken neck?
Speaker 1: Well, he's confused. Haven't you ever seen ducks do that?
Speaker 3: No dogs do that?
Speaker 1: Ducks do it too?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah, all right, we gotta go. Okay, thank you for listening. We'll see you next time. Until then, follow us on all socials at serial Killers PC. Check out the website serial KILLERSPC dot com, where Newman says that we have almost nine hundred cereals not if I believe it. And until then, say crunch Andrew.
Speaker 1: Crunch, Bye everybody. I hope we didn't argue too much.
Speaker 3: How do you stop it on this box? That's fine, okay,