Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season two eighty eight, Episode five, Love the Daily.
Speaker 2: He is like, guys, this is still a production of My Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: This is still a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Friday. We love Friday around here at May twenty six, twenty three my name. Oh also if it's May twenty six, gotta let you know what date is National Cooler Day, National don't Friday, National Blueberry Cheesecake Day, National paper Airplane Day, National road trip Day, and National don't Friday. For all the fair skin people out there, be good about putting protection on the sun is intense. You don't want to turn all red and be, you know, just a walking skin house.
Speaker 3: Please unruined my life. I look a thousand years old.
Speaker 2: Okay, pipe down, man, we'll get to you. Pipe down, We're gonna get to you. All right. We got a wild one already, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry, I already when I when I know, when I had to put this group together today, I was like, fuck, this is gonna be a completely off the rails episode.
Speaker 2: And you know what, we embraced chaos and turn it into something beautiful. So guess what.
Speaker 1: Let me introduce myself. My name is Miles Gray AKA I.
Speaker 4: Heard you tried on spaces back at half past two, awkward silence while intently tuning on you political opponents, now dunking hard on you.
Speaker 2: You suck at lunches. I don't mean SpaceX.
Speaker 3: Twitter Space killed the political star.
Speaker 5: Twitter Space killed a political star.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out at schweites.
Speaker 1: On Twitter for that one love video killed the radio star obviously talking about Ron De Santis, which we will be talking about a little bit today, and I'm thrilled.
Speaker 2: Just fuck it.
Speaker 1: Just bring the fucking chaos. Today's fucking co host is none other than the Lord of.
Speaker 2: Chaos, Big Plumpers himself, the man, the myth, the legend.
Speaker 3: Please welcome Blake wax.
Speaker 6: Lind like that, AKA, plump up my hands, Plump them up, hey, plumper them up.
Speaker 2: This is that iHeart beauty of production for what we're gonna write out on files tell us my host. That's the fucking end. That's the last part I told you. Please stick with. The script is very easy to follow along with at the end.
Speaker 1: My mistake before we think that order I gotta I gotta do is just just some quick updates. But we've been saying this at the top of every show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Starting pretty soon, we're gonna be starting uh a little trying out a new publication schedule in the summer. So we're gonna have eight episodes a week.
Speaker 3: Worry not.
Speaker 1: There will still be eight episodes a week, but the difference being is there will only be one Friday episode and one Monday episode. Then starting Tuesday through Friday, whatever you or, Tuesday through Thursday, you're gonna get your whole two episodes a day. But it allows us to take a pause for a second because we've been doing this like NonStop, so we can kind of do like new stuff and kind of keep things fresh, you know, Jack and I want to keep the relationship fresh.
Speaker 2: So we're doing this not just for you, but for as well, so we appreciate. I think the three hundred and forty episodes you were doing a week actually was not enough. I think you're going in the wrong direction. A lot of people said that. Some people my dms were asking, They're like, what about more shows? And I was like, I don't know if I have the bandwidth to do that already, but anything without your listeners, but go Ahead's true. No ziking makes this thing happen, so we appreciate you. So yeah, it'll be fun time. So we're gonna have some new kind of stuff going on, and I think you're gonna like it. But but fuck all that. Okay, let's get to the guest today. Whatever, it's just a chaos filled episode. Allow me to bring in the advice king. The mister cold Brew got me like the foremost I don't know expert on YouTube and everything esoteric. I feel like you know what I mean. And also, are you running for office?
Speaker 3: Do I have that role? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well bring it in future local politician Chris.
Speaker 3: Kroft on what's up? You think I'm gonna be crazy today? You're wrong. I'm a politician now, I mean out both sides? What about both sides?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 1: Since last ye were on, I've seen that you were filing the the relevant documents to run for office locally in Nashvilles.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I moved back to Nashville at the end of September and I went, well, whatever, I went here, I was here and then I live in Madison.
Speaker 2: How did you get there? Already?
Speaker 3: Be a very boring segment. The man I was hoping going to talk about metal detecting again. So I moved to Madison, which is like where it's all vape shops and pay day loan places, you know, and so it's not New Nashville. So it's like this New Nashville. You know, everybody's like, you know, it's the Lollipop Forest and all that ship. So I moved to this part of town where the roads are all well like wagon tracks, right, I said wagon tracks. I went down to the city council and I said wagon tracks to him, like times real loud, and and so anyway.
Speaker 2: The roads here shan't by the way, I think that's there's can we help?
Speaker 3: The roads here a trashed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So the roads here a trashed.
Speaker 2: It's like a bunch.
Speaker 3: There's no public transportation of any note. It's humiliating to wait for the bus. You just stand in like some weeds. It's fucking horrible. So we got one neighborhood up here that's like four feet out of Lollipop Town. There's New Nashville. You know. Where I'm up from Nashville. I'm like ten minutes up the road, you know. And this is much more real in the sense of it's much more poor, right and you know real meaning like just working class people. I mean real meaning you don't like it, you know what I mean, Like real is supposed to be. You know. It's I like it because it reminds me of old Nashville before it had like hot and cold running like micro bruiser or whatever the fuck and and anyway, so I'm like up here and I'm like, Okay, the roads here trashed. There's a homeless encampment in the woods. There's like and then there's just Nashville like which is just booming with and they're just keep putting up these luxury hotels and things. So I was like they So the big thing was they they said the Titans of course, threatened to leave if they don't get a new stadium, which is what NFL teams do, you know, And nobody can say no to them because like you know, because or something. Yeah, they'll go crazy, like the whole world will go crazy, you know what I mean. Like it's like, you know, you can't say no to the Titans. But I also think you should say no to the Titans when they do this to you, which is they asked for a new stadium. And they cut a deal where we give Nashville. The city gives like seven hundred million dollars to the to the stadium, but it's even more than that. But there's like seven hundred million dollars in tax dollars going to the NFL. When we got people full of kratom standing in the weeds waiting for the bus that comes erratically, like there's no there's there's there's traffic here this place. I used to live here when it was empty, and I don't I don't expect it to be empty. Like when I moved here in two thousand and one, there was nobody here, and I understand that's not sustainable, but I liked it because you could just go around and rock them. You know, you could just have to add my band and you just pay two hundred dollars a month rent. You get drunk and you tell everybody what's what. That's a great town to me. Yeah, but that you know, that's not you know, people eventually will catch on to the rent being like two hundred dollars and then people come here.
Speaker 1: Right, So, like growth is fine, but like we just have yeah, let's have the wealth distributed properly. So everybody is benefiting from it, right, what I was saying, trickle down the wealth, I think it's what miles, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to give more money to people at the top. It's not falling down fast enough.
Speaker 2: Thank you, So more gravity up top.
Speaker 3: It'll they're not stacking enough money at the top because it will not come down. It's like one of those machines at the gas station where they have like the pennies.
Speaker 2: You know what you're saying. You push, If you push harder on the gas pump, lever, more gas comes up faster. Yeah, it's like a platform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like yeah, it's like if you don't squeeze hard enough of the gas station.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, I went down to the stadium hearing and I don't know if you guys have or the audio from it. I have it. You know you can hear it. I just I could play it. I don't. It's two minutes long, but it's me yelling at not yelling because I'm running for real, that's one thing. I'm running for Metro Council at large History office, meaning it's not tied to a particular district, So I'm running at large, all of Davidson County. There's five selected, there's twenty one people running, and I'm not doing this as a stunt. And I just I went down to the stadium and I and I thought I was gonna wait to watch this the proceedings. They were deciding whether to approve the stadium and the stadium deal and it was already done. Like the activists had to get like had to be activists just to get a hearing. But then the hearing was like everybody's sort of like I can't even it's too long a story. But one side of the hall was people wearing loafers, Gucci loafers of no socks for real, and the other side was like all black. I mean, it was like it was like white and black.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was not that extreme, but it was like the white eight people in the fleece vests and the fucking loafers with no socks just got up and said, we want a stadium because it's fun and we can smoke cgars in it. And then a bunch of people of color, teachers like regular people got up and made good points and they sided with the guys who want to smoke cigars. And it was to see that. If it was not, it would have made me mad if there wasn't taxpayer money involved, just the attitude, but the fact that they were giving away tax money. And it was like very stark because I don't know why there was like weird intimidation things happening. The reason I know why you could tell the difference in color between the people who are pro stadium and anti stadium was because they divided us. When we got there. You had to get in a line that said pro and a line that said against, which I already thought was weird. But I got up and I didn't even thought. They said, well, you can't go into sit because the Titans already paid a ton of people to be here, and they all filled the place already. They had a picnic. The Titans had a picnic for people in the afternoon to.
Speaker 2: Be That's how you warm up for activism is with a light lightweard yea what it was a.
Speaker 3: Week day, so they it was whoever got there first got to speak for two hours. So the pro stadium people got two hours, and then a bunch of people Anti stadium people had like kids and stuff. Regular people had to go home so anyway, I got in there and I just I didn't I just wanted I realized they were going to pass it. So I just said, this is socialism, not because I hate socialism.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 3: The first person that came at me was a liberal saying, you, why do you got to put down socialism? And I was like, I'm not putting down socialism, saying socialism to these people because they don't they think corporate peak capitalism. They think it's peak capitalism because the NFL is involved. So they're like NFL's capitalism, but you're giving them tax payer money. Doesn't matter NFL, you know. And so I was just there to say, I said, it was like putting up a gold statue of Stalin. I said, I said it was. I said it was. I said crazy shit because I wanted to say stuff in that chamber that they had not heard. But I mainly got to say this is corruption and you guys know it. And it felt so good because when I do stand up, all I do is complain about corruption, well not all, and I also do joke about how people who smoke pot of mustard on their pants, but they but you know, I got, Yeah, you can't just get up there and talk about the division of wealth. But anyway, so it was like a very it was an amazing moment for me because I realized, oh, wait, this is like doing stand up but for people who don't want to hear it, Like, well, that's not that different either, So I know it's not that. But but hearing saying this stuff about, you know, corruption to people who are actually doing the corruption felt good. And so then I thought, why should run for office? And then I mean the amount of support I've had has been just absolutely amazing. People have been like, yes, so you'll see, well, I just want to be a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, Hey, for those of you that are able, you know, check out Chris Crofton's campaign running for the at large District.
Speaker 3: Metro Council at large Nasville, Tennessee. You can go to vote Blue and I'm raising money there. I haven't got my account all the way set up, so you know, don't go there, your don't go there. Don't go there for a little while. Go go there in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I'm not gonna be yeah when you launch your uh your fundraising arm, all right, Chris, We're gonna somehow get to know you even better than that.
Speaker 2: But first, let's tease.
Speaker 1: Some of the stories we may get to not even sure, may might not even be worth saying what we might talk about, because I know this is gonna be wide ranging. We're gonna obviously talk about Ron DeSantis' Twitter campaign announcement because it was a fucking disasterre of hell disorder.
Speaker 2: You'd love to see that.
Speaker 1: And we might even talk about how Winnie the Pooh is gonna save Texas school children from mass shootings.
Speaker 2: Not sure how that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: And also the new Barbie movie finally did what the fans wanted, which was include Aqua's Barbie Girl track in the trailer. The cowards have finally done it, so we'll talk about that, and also just the background between that song and matel because apparently that might be sort.
Speaker 2: Of the source of the tension between the film and that song not being used. But obviously, fuck all that, Chris, give this all.
Speaker 1: What's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I've kind of you guys know this a little well. I don't know if you know this or not, but people who listen to my podcast Colebrew got me, like, may know a little bit about this guy. I don't know if you guys know aj Weberman familiar with aj Weberman. I'm not Garbology?
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 3: Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 2: Is that the study of trash? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well he invented the name of it, and he's like very fired up about it. It's or his friends he name.
Speaker 2: Well, this guy looks like he's into garbology.
Speaker 3: He is that coming from you guys?
Speaker 2: That honking? Or is that on my street? I think it's in your brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you.
Speaker 2: Don't even hear it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it doesn't matter. Okay, thank you, thank you right for your support.
Speaker 2: I was making a joke. Okay, actually what garbology is?
Speaker 3: Well, no, it's a made up word by aj Weberman. Aj Weberman. It was a guy who was obsessed with Bob Dylan and he went through Bob Dylan's trash most famously and like actually found some ship that was like pretty interesting when Bob Dylan lived in New York before he moved to Malibu, and so this is the like seventy one seventy and I think Bob was like kind of interested in this guy, Like they would run into the West Village at that time was a pretty small community, so he would they would run into each other and and I think maybe Bob thought for a minute that he needed aj Weberman to like connect him to the street or something, because he had, you know, he'd already gone through his London, you know, his tour of England, you know, which they made the great movie Don't Look Back about, where he had wild hair and was on speed, and then he like had his motorcycle accident and which many people think was an excuse just for him to recover from speed and to like go to Woodstock and try and get healthy and then, you know, but then all his fans were mad because he was this revolutionary and then all of a sudden he put out in Nashville Skyline, which was like an instrumental record kind of like him singing like, you know, out of nowhere. His fans were like, what the fuck, because they'd already like invested in, like, you know, whatever people thought they needed for revolution. They already had supplies and shit, you know, and then all of a sudden, Bob Dill's like so they were like, oh my god, you fucking sell out piece of shit. And that was aj Weberman. He was like, you abandoned the revolution. So he ran into Dylan on the street and he he just had a conversation with him. But it turns out he has like a photographic memory or something. So he wrote down every word that Dylan said to him on the street, and he's like, I'm gonna publish this in underground newspapers. He also had Dylan's phone number because Dylan gave it to him and hung out with him for a brief period. But he was so he's like, I'm going to publish these interviews. And Dylan's like, man, those weren't interviews. I was just talking to you on the street. Those aren't interviews. And he's like, well, they're interviews to me. I told him I wrote him down. This guy's got something wrong with him a little. You know, he's smart, but he's also got something wrong with him. I would probably say, he well, I don't know what's the matter with him.
Speaker 2: It down from memory and calling it an interview is such a superpower.
Speaker 3: Tom. He's calling him from payphones to talk about this because this is before cell phones, you know, So he's calling Bob Dylan pay Bob Dylan's talking him for half an hour. But it turns out he's recording Bob Dylan talking and he's explaining to Bob Dylan, I'm gonna use these interviews, and Bob Dylan's going not, Man, those weren't interviews. Stop calling him interviews. It was a conversation, you know. And he was telling Bob Dylan what he said, and Bob Dylan actually was saying, like I said that. He's like, what does that mean? So Bob Dylan, you get the closest picture of Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan's insecure as hell. He did not want these, he was like, anyway, so you get to see this side of Bob Dylan. That's kind of amazing. And you get a guy who's not intimidated by Bob Dylan. So he's calling Bob Dylan a pig and a sellout and stuff. It's incredible. Anyway, I'm just gonna play a little bit of it. Where's my fucking phone here? It is. It's so good. It's so good. I mean, if you don't like Bob Dylan, it doesn't even matter, because it's just a showdown between to be able to talk to Bob Dylan without fear you have to have something wrong with you. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Boby DYLI took it, but I get that generationally, I'm like, I'll fucking I'll pull up to Bob Dylan and Jacob Dylan.
Speaker 3: I don't. Yeah, now it doesn't matter. People are always righting out, choking out Bob Dylan, but right and left these days. So uh, here's him talking about. This is an excerpt from his phone call talking about Bob Dylan's albums, Nashville Skyline and the one that followed it that everybody hated to, which was Self Portrait. Both of them were like one was a covers album, Self Portrait and the other was just like lay Lady, which is a great song, but it's not you know, the Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll or whatever you know. I mean, it's like a different a tone change from like letting blown in the wind, you know, Let's go, you know, Master's Reward, all of a sudden, big deal, so big difference here we go.
Speaker 7: And then I told him that National Skylines talked about self Fortune was just th reportion. So many people played played at once and understood.
Speaker 3: Okay, he said. So then I told him. He's reading, he's reading, he's reading his transcript to Bob Dylan on the phone, and he said, so, then I told him Nashville Skyline sucked and Self Portrait was a Stone ripoff, and Bob and he said, and Bob Dylan said that you said that there were two good songs on only two good songs on Self Portrait. And then Bob Dylan says, there's more than two good songs on there. Man, I know I said that, but there's more than two good songs on there. And that's that's just the part.
Speaker 2: I like, here you go.
Speaker 7: And then I told him that Nashville Skylines talked about self Fortuite was his Stone rib fortion. So many people played played it once and tuck it on their show, either album related to object your reality doesn't find Quietly, we're all with two good shows on Self Portraits played nine.
Speaker 3: Copt and you know you don't have.
Speaker 7: To change it, but I'll pay you more than two.
Speaker 3: The more than two okay, Well if that didn't work out, you guys, and I'm gonna turn.
Speaker 2: My mic off. Was Chris's plug section. Actually that's what he wanted to promote, is a j Weberman Center.
Speaker 3: Go listen to a J.
Speaker 2: Webber.
Speaker 3: There's also a two thousand and six documentary on YouTube right now about aj Weberman. It was a BBC I guess sanctioned documentary. It's about aj Weberman and his friends who all got left behind by Dylan. They all took acid and thought there was gonna be a revolution and they all ended up just zonked out of their minds and Bob Dylan moved to Malibu, which I think is a big, big picture. I did want to tie that into what we're all dealing with, is like, oh, the sixties people, you know, the sixties people that promised a lot and then just stole all the money instead, Yeah, and left a bunch of true believers in their wake. And that's where aj Weberman's on the right track, because he's saying to Dylan, Man, he's like the fuck, because Dylan's like, I don't have to answer for anything I wrote, and He's like, well, yeah, you do because a lot of people believed it, you know, and that means that you are responsible. Me and all my friends are all acid casualties who thought we were having a revolution, and now you're moving to Malibu and Bob Dylan I think for a minute was interested in that message. He's like, hmm, that's interesting. But then he ended up attacking Aj Weberman. He rode up on a bicycle and attacked AJ Webman beat him up. And that was the last time I.
Speaker 2: Talked abou in the city instead of oh yeah, so a compromise.
Speaker 3: AJ Weberman's friend who's so impressed that AJ ever knew Bob Dylan. So he has like a posse just from Ever talking to Bob Dylan. So AJ Weberman's accid casualty friend he goes, well, AJ had a relationship with him, though AJ had a relationship, and Agy goes, well, I didn't really have a relationship with him, and he goes he goes, I knew him for a minute. And then his acid casualty friend goes, you can't unring.
Speaker 1: That bell there you go. I like that, you definitely can't. Uh, here's a bell, Chris that I want you to ring. What's something that's overrated NFL stadiums. NFL stadiums are for the one percent. If there's no middle class, there's just a giant cigar bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly. The Tennessee Titans rushing game, that's what that's what?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, and that's the other thing is like I don't I mean, technically, you could take all the football stadiums and fucking throw them in the ocean as far as I'm turned, because all I got, all I care about is fucking weirdos yelling at Bob Dylan. So you know that's not that's seriously. But I mean, if someone shakes you down, like if the NFL says we get a new stadium or else, the correct response when you have no streets and you have torn up streets and bad education and homeless camps in the woods, then you say.
Speaker 1: And it'll never happen. They'll never say no, no, Yeah, you'll never say no happens everywhere. It happened in Inglewood with Sofi Stadium. The Kronkys have a real track record of that, like Saint Louis people saying, they'll tell you the same thing, like, look what they did by taking all of these subsidies to build the fucking stadium while parts of the city are crumbling. Yeah, it's like it's just like the Arsenal. Also, yeah, the Arsenal. Yeah, who are they? The Kronky family. They own like every Denver Sports team.
Speaker 2: The guy.
Speaker 1: The guy owns a construction company. His wife is a Walton of Walmart.
Speaker 3: We should outlaw construction companies too.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean this guy like the amounts of money.
Speaker 3: Nothing I don't get delivered on any of them.
Speaker 1: I don't they a ton of money because he's married to Walmart money and basically being like every Walmart we build, we'll use your company, honey, and keep all the money in the family and then just double just over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Marjorie Taylor Green is the is the daughter of a construction million billion not billionaire, but millionaire, I mean margin and Taylor Green is funded. The reason she's able to run around with no job unless you can't which plan is the job? Is she's rich in construction. Yeah, construction needs to be outlawed.
Speaker 2: Thank you only destruction, Yeah, destruction, legalized destruction.
Speaker 3: I want to hear about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. What's the mean?
Speaker 7: Thing?
Speaker 2: Is underrated?
Speaker 3: The middle class? The middle class, It's on my mind. It's the missing piece. We don't talk about it. We keep acting like if there's not a discussion of the lack of a middle class, then everything makes sense, everything makes sense. Where did the middle class go. They went crazy. That's where they went. They shot, they shot, they bought guns. They ended up on opiates. Their towns are abandoned and boarded up. Anyone who's driven across the country can see every town in the middle of the country that used to have a marching band in at Elks Lodge is now boarded up. Where did those people go? They went crazy, That's where they went. They went fucking crazy. They became QAnon, they became shooters, they became all the middle class is is what this country. The only reason this country has stability. I mean, you take away someone's economic security and you make them a nut. Poverty is the ultimate radicalizer. That's not my quote, but that's it. So it's so dumb to talk about the symptoms of all this crime. Roots are growing up. Things would mental health crisis. Where's the mental health christ coming from? All the people that used to have jobs. That's where all people used to have jobs that weren't five dollars an hour. Fucking putting Jeff Bezos's underwear in a box.
Speaker 2: If someone wants to edit part my response to this question from yesterday to Chris's What's Underrated Today? Where virus. Sponse was watch a TV show in the middle of the days.
Speaker 3: Take a break.
Speaker 2: You're out here being like the middle class is fucking vanished. It's since the steady War, since the late sixties.
Speaker 3: What really told me, like it's just that that stadium thing was really part of it. Was just like they kind of try and act like this is a working class experience, like it's the Pittsburgh Steelers in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much is the season ticket?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't even know. I know, like the games are like two hundred dollars tickets or I mean.
Speaker 2: You can yeah, NFL tickets are insane.
Speaker 3: You cannot get. So this is not what they're selling it as they're selling it as like with this smoking mirrors thing. There's still a middle class, and there's still a bunch of working class people that don't even exist because they're all the working class people are, you know whatever, they're not. There's not a working class necessarily. It's a service class. It's a service class. There's a bunch of of people working for low wages in customer service. Rich people service job right anyway, So those people are not going to the game. They don't have the money. So this is really just a social club for wealthy people, and they are using this cartoon while the NFL is working class because they're talking about when there was a manufacturing industry and then people really did go to the games and wear undershirts and drink beer and whatever, smoke big cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Whatever they did smoking big cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Hand me my big sig, Honey, I'm going to the game.
Speaker 3: Back to the day when people could safely have a you know, you could be an alcoholic and a heavy smoker and have a good job with.
Speaker 1: Benefits exactly, and you could smoke in an.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like how many packs of cigarettes do you have? Ant? You know, ant whatever who operates a drill press five packs of cigarettes and a.
Speaker 1: Funny per But this is like a thing though, too, like this conversation about how how different things are, like because there is no middle class. It's something I brush up against with a lot of like like babymer people that I know when like they talk about like like so one person's like, oh, I'm worried about my grandson. He's like, I don't want him to be one of these like kids in their twenties who lives at home still, and I'm like, do you know what the world is like for people that are trying to get a job.
Speaker 2: And she said, well, you know when I when I got out of high school, I worked at a diner and I was able to pay for my own apartment.
Speaker 1: And I go, you cannot fucking do that anymore. That's a fucking mirage. That is not that's not exist dollars a month. Yeah, and like, yeah, this is all.
Speaker 3: Came with a cart and of cigarettes every month.
Speaker 2: That's a benefit.
Speaker 1: It was a Lucky Strike sponsored housing.
Speaker 3: Do you have any non smoking units? What the hell is now?
Speaker 2: Oh? What fuck are you saying?
Speaker 3: What's a non smoking units unit?
Speaker 1: Do you have like a pulmonary disease or something?
Speaker 2: Is that why you need that?
Speaker 3: You want? Wait, you want a unit with more smoke? No? No smoke?
Speaker 2: Is there not enough smoke?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: We have ones with smoke? And we have ones with a lot of.
Speaker 1: Smoke because some holes in your walls and let more smoke draft in.
Speaker 2: If you want, we put windows in it. I don't know what you want open the windows, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like there is this the idea where a lot of older people believe that that that that's the pace of things in this country still, like you know, even like like people who like in my family were like bus drivers and people of color and still managed to like have some semblance of like being able to get a house at some point. But again, these are all this is, that's all just fucking vaporware. And you know, I think a lot of younger people in America are made to feel like shit about themselves because everyone's like, well, when I did this or I did that, it's like, yeah, okay, fine, And there were also slaves at one point, but like this is a different fucking reality, and now we're just looking at a bunch of people who need opportunity don't have it, and we just see further wealth accumulation at the top. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be back. We'll get into some some real fucking news.
Speaker 2: Listening to the Dailyitgeist on iHeartMedia, and we're back.
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about Rhynda Santis?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, it's the matter with his pants. I just want to know what's the matter with his pants.
Speaker 2: Well, he's always wearing cop he's always wearing those cowboy boots.
Speaker 3: His pants, Man his pants like he either has bow legs or he's impersonating a man with bow legs.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: He looks like freaking his legs look like freaking nug what's the Yosemite Sam's legs?
Speaker 2: Oh, that is great. And his legs got got like that from riding that goddamn horse.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. I don't think. I don't think. Yeah, I think I think that way from riding a coke brother.
Speaker 1: Well, he wears those like cowboy boots that give him like an extra two inches of height, which is the thing I'm always looking at.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Wow, two inches of toxic power. Toxic yea toxic power. So, as we've talked about before, you know, we knew that DeSantis was gonna announce, and we also learned that he wanted to formally launch the campaign using an interview with none other than Elon Musk on Twitter spaces, which Elon Musk was saying, like they just was like, this is this is hyped.
Speaker 1: You know this is going to be a groundbreaking moment. He got the breaking part right, because the whole thing was a fucking disaster, a cluster fuck, if you will, and again, how could you have foreseen this because it's only a tech company that laid off eighty percent of its staff, how could they have any kind of technical issues. I just don't understand. Elon Musk was just advocating for laying off more people at tech companies. But again, this was the result. And when it started right, six hundred thousand people tuned it. But then there was all kinds of problems. There was fucking feedback echoes. The audio was like, sounded worse than that clip craft It.
Speaker 2: Just played for us.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to do that. I'm not an owner of the big tech company. You don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: But even that was better. Chris anybody, I'll just say, that's that's why that clip said it's so bad. It's crisly. You laid off eighty one set of tech. Justin gets so.
Speaker 3: Once Justin and Victor and Becker get through with it, it's gonna sound crystal clear, and you guys are gonna sound.
Speaker 1: Like in a way, I think it's better. It's more authentic to the voice of this show. So many times I put unintelligible ship on this show. No, not even not even again. Your episode where you had the wrong mic in your hands and you had the laptop recording your audio behind you is still holding mike like out.
Speaker 3: In the yard. I was holding a mic out in the yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing, but like the mic was fucking bind.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, you guys were so nice about that. I can't believe that made that would never.
Speaker 1: Happen now, this is dude, you know, this show.
Speaker 3: That would never happen now now that I hire Art radios got shut together.
Speaker 2: The thing people don't tune into daily Zeitgeist for the professional listen for its authenticity and okayo grabble chaotic nature brought to you by Iheartmetia.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so people who are trying to tune in, they got logged out of like Twitter completely some people. And you know, this went on for like twenty fucking minutes, and then the moderator, David Sachs, who was like Elon Musk's business partner, said that they were He's like, we're kind of melting the servers and you know, that's actually kind of a good thing, which fuck fuck off, no it is. It's it's indicative of how shitty and unstable Twitter is right now, It's not because you broke the fucking Internet. And you could hear, yeah, you could hear Elon Musk in the background saying he's like, oh, like I'm working to allocate more server capacity, like this is fucking star Trek or some shit like why didn't he have a mic just well because he was also part of this like weird triangular conversation. Then the feed fucking cut out completely with like a notice for people that said this Twitter space has ended, and then it started again twenty five minutes late, and then this time there were only forty thousand people joining in, and then it eventually got close to one hundred thousand people, so it means that half a million people just fucked off after that, They're like, I'm off this, like I only went. I only came to see that it was a disaster and it was half a million bots yeah or whatever it is. But again, like the idea, a lot of people were pointing out, They're like Alexandria Ocasio Cortes had more people watching her on Twitch playing fucking Last of Us or you know, Are among Us or like whatever streaming video gameplay than even Ron DeSantis did. Like at the like, once this shit got going like, I just like even less people. So the idea that like this broke the fucking Internet, I think is just it's it's all fucking.
Speaker 3: What you was doing, like butting up, attaching more servers or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, allocating more server space, captain.
Speaker 3: That's slang for smoking rocks, to allocate more server space. Yeah, that means he did a bump off his hand.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, hand me that fucking light bulb.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hey Scotty beat me up? Am I right?
Speaker 1: So again, then DeSantis just went on and just pairted a bunch of like tired ass talking points that we've already heard in like this pre recorded video he released earlier and then the in the day, and he was also asked why he made the announcement on Twitter instead of TV, and he was his answer was basically like, oh, you know, I love Elon Musk and it's it's really to do with the fact that he's a quote free speech advocate. We're gonna keep doing that. And then at that point even Fox News was fucking with DeSantis. When he came on for the interview like later that night, the host was like, well, just so you know, Fox News will not crash during this interview, and he had got him do all that. Yeah, I think again this is just part of like how terrible DeSantis's decision making is already like in regards to like again, fucking everything right. His singular focus on being like getting notoriety and grabbing attention has led him into like a losing battle with Disney. And now he wants to go worship at the altar of fucking Elon because he thought he would be, you know, groundbreaking, like this is the new ship, it in fact was not. And the moderator when this whole thing started off, one of the first things they started talking about was fucking Twitter, not even Ronantis. So yeah, the Twitter guys played Ronda Santis also because they were trying to show that you could use Twitter spaces as like a viable way for right wing shit and and like, and they were trying to gin up ad dollars.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't say no. I bet Musk just said like, hey man, I'm Elon Musk, and Rhonda Santas is like, oh boy, and he's like, how about you launched your campaign on my fucking app that doesn't even work? And he was like okay, Like you couldn't say no. You know. I feel like he probably just has like an in crowd moment, like Rond de Santas just wants to be popular. He's obviously a freak.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean a lot of a lot of There's a quote from a like a I guess a huge Republican donor who said, in regards to Ronda Santis, there's two types of donors. There are people that believe that Rond de Santis as a viable candidate, and then there are those who have actually met Rond de Santis. This is what a Republican donor said.
Speaker 2: He's like, this guy's so fucking awkward, like he does there's nothing about him that feels presidential. And they're like, I don't fucking know, man, Like I don't know if I want to give him my fucking money after all interaction with.
Speaker 3: Him, if he's serious about running for president, which I guess he is, Like, I mean, who cares at this point here, I'd say, yeah, you know what I mean, he's serious, But then trying to do it. I really feel like his advisors fucked up, like they were probably like, don't say yes, and he couldn't resist to say yes to Elon Musk, because that was a dumb idea. That was a I mean, oh face, why the fuck would you launch anything on an app? I mean that's exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the thing.
Speaker 1: Like I think his own handlers obviously know he's bad in person. That's why, like his second huge campaign ad like where he was running I think for reelection, it was a voiceover of someone else's voice and just visuals of Rond de Santis because when you hear his voice, he's kind.
Speaker 2: Of like this and it's just you know, with Florida, you just shut the fuck up. Dude, you have the worst fucking voice that was one wants to hear it, and it's just fascist bullshit coming out all the time. So you have that.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of fucking video clips of you on Twitter where you look at absolute fucking clown just like like with his like fake laughs.
Speaker 3: And shit unhinges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm like it sucks to say, like man like Trump even doesn't have like shit like that, Like the best you can do or is like him like sniffling or just like you know, like weird shit like that. You never see him like fake laugh. He rarely laughs himself. So just visually, I think he's coming off like as a completely different person than Ron DeSantis. And again putting announcing your fucking presidency on an app where there's no video, like I think as further evidence that like we don't need like they shouldn't even see you, bro, just fucking announced.
Speaker 3: Wait, there wasn't even supposed to be video.
Speaker 2: There was no no, no, it's just your audio launch. Your audio launch, Chris, you don't use spaces on Twitter like nobody? Fuck no, I don't know it does.
Speaker 3: I met my wife on spaces you did.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful marriage. Yeah, and it gives a lovely voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not here. I don't know where she went.
Speaker 2: Maybe that is the genius of having of launching it on spaces. Is that compared to Elon Musk, Ron DeSantis looks like the most empathetic, like socially adept person in the entire world, Like maybe that's you put them next to Elon.
Speaker 1: I mean, as somebody who used to work in politics.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm struck just by how fucking bad this was. Like, if you're announcing your candidacy, it's actually important where and how you do it. That's like just like one oh one of like your messaging thing right, like are you couldn't even fucking do it in person or in your own fucking state, not even a swing state, and like tie that to whatever your overall campaign messages. And then like the content of the announcement just gave no one a fucking vision for what his presidency would look like. He just talked about all the woke shit that he's pulling, like pushing back on, and that's not even you're literally talking just regression the whole fucking time. You're not offering anybody like no, and I would stop that. And I don't like that there's trans rights and I don't like Disney. Okay, that's the world you live in. All of your fucking problems still exist, like you know, no health care and other shit like that, even like Trump have like deployed this like faux populism to try and give people something, but like RNA stands just like I'm fucking cruel, Okay, yeah, cruel, that's it.
Speaker 2: You like that. And I'm also too much of a whim to push back on Donald Trump. I will never say his name because I'm shook, daddy. That's me, Like, that's just what it's gonna be. And we've said the only way someone's gonna beat Trump is if you come for his fucking neck.
Speaker 3: I'm over there googling shook daddy.
Speaker 2: Shook daddy, you know what I mean, just your shook baby. Yeah, No, shook daddy is one I don't know if one of my opps of a lit daddy. Yeah, he's exactly. Okay, you're reading that. You just read that.
Speaker 3: But Urban Dictionary, every Urban Dictionary says everything means fucking, doesn't matter what.
Speaker 1: Any word that means, that means fucking. Like, really, dad, that.
Speaker 3: Means person you'd like to fuck, a flash flight, that's a person you'd like to fuck on the streets.
Speaker 1: That's a Turkish person you'd like to have sex? What's yea sex? But like, you know, what's even wild? Like even w Bush too had an announcement speech that offered people just an idea of the America trying to create like everyone's done. And I even I fucking hate that even have to give him that kind of or just a juxtaposed to him, like this fucking guy even knew what the fuck was going on. But again, he had more of a real machine behind him, where his dysantis just feels like it's like a lot of his hym and his wife collaborate and a bunch of bad ideas swirling around.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I would imagine when you do a campaign launch, the one of the most important parts of it after message, is eliminating variables in the announcement. And you mentioned it earlier. He the Twitter issues with their software and their tech, like when they laid off eighty percent of their engineers. There has been a pattern of problems that Twitter has had, right, So it's why would you sign up for something that's not even just a variable that could happen It's been happening. Yeah, that the app has been having issues so right, and especially when you're going up against them.
Speaker 1: Whe do you want to have your mother's eightieth birthday party? Oh at that restaurant that has the f rating from the health department that only has two people ramp?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the really steep staircase. Yeah, it's a jagged it's a jagged rock pathway up there, and there's no there's nothing like That's like it's like what, like do you look at him? Like, what the fuck were you thinking?
Speaker 1: But again, I think that's his whole like sort of you could describe his whole governorship is what the fuck are you thinking? And again he just wants all he wants to do is carve out this like I'm fighting against the woke bullshit, and you know, he thinks that's enough.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's not gonna be because at the end of the day, you're gonna you're eventually gonna cross paths with Trump and he's already.
Speaker 1: Calling you meatball Ron, which I hate to say is kind of fucking funny Meatball.
Speaker 2: It's devastating. It's the meanest thing I've ever heard, to be completely.
Speaker 1: Honest, put old pudding boy.
Speaker 3: I think he's got somebody. Somebody's gonna go after his legs. I mean, you gotta look at this. It's not his legs, it's his pants. But I'm not the only one who's seen this. This is like some I've seen, somebody said something about it.
Speaker 2: They've they've approached me. Maybe a world star, world star, that's maybe what it was.
Speaker 1: World I mean, there is this one picture where I think he goes into like a disaster zone. I think it's this one where he's running the boots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got crazy Oh my fucking god.
Speaker 2: But the best is when you see this is like after Hurricane Ian, how him and his wife like it's like she dresses him like they're the exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They're white, gorgeous white disasters.
Speaker 3: White power rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the white ranger. Yeah. I mean again, this is hell. This is what's so weird too, Like he's he's also so caught up in this like toxic masculinity. Shiit like he and he doesn't even know where he fits. I gotta have my boots with the lifts always.
Speaker 3: He's dangerous. He's a dangerous person. I mean he went to Yale. I think that's so fucking I don't understand these people all went to Yale and Harvard. I don't understand what these these universities are teaching. He's supposed to be good institutions. What kind of values do they teach these people?
Speaker 1: Depending on what you're trying to do, right, if you're like going to like business school or whatever, it's just capitalist finishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't they fix that? Because they're turning out tyrants. I think people should be fucking telling them that. I mean, this is absurd.
Speaker 1: This guy is actually, yeah, I think more than that, Like it's the universe. It's just it's just the class of it all, you know, Like it's just that this one percent class is the one that's churning out all the people that get all the advantages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does this charmless, violent creep to Ronda Santis? What she ultimately is he's a violent person because this is legislation is violent toward towards transgender people, toward LGBTQ people. That's the thing about these people is, here's the thing is, like there is no policy. I mean, I think everybody knows this, but Republicans don't have any policies. All they have is tax avoidance, and they've already done that so successfully that all the money's alread at the top. And now it's just about getting more police on the streets, just cementing their positions right and preparing for the ultimate Like when all these poor people charge their towers, they're just going to have a militarized police to protect them. I mean, that's how darkness is. So the reason why Rondo Santis and the Republicans have nothing to offer except for this anti woke stuff. Is because they have no policies because they want the government to collapse. They want every to be privatized. So we got people like well, I was reading about well, you know, what's his name? The guy Now he's in trouble, Noam Chomsky, you know, because I guess he had something to some dealings with Seine. But he said that he described the Republicans just the other day as a as an insurrection. It's been an insurrection since the since Nixon, yea, when they realize their policies of just corporatism aren't popular, so they switched to culture war stuff. But ultimately they're trying to take over because they can't win fairly because they have no policies that would ever make anyone vote for them, So they're just doing culture war. But even culture war, that's why they're actually starting to sort of like the insurrection and stuff. Is they're trying to take over because they know they don't have a brand that could be popular. I mean, there's nothing to offer people. Their policies are all just transfer of wealth upward, and so Ronda Santis is just I just don't understand how this guy graduated from Harvard. Didn't he have any professors that said like, hey, you're man, you're a creep, Like we're not going to give you a I mean, what, what what happens with these colleges? Where did I just don't understand where all these like Mike Pompeo, these these freaks, how do they come out of these colleges? I mean, I guess he went to West Point or something that.
Speaker 1: Makes Look it's there are there are overlords.
Speaker 2: You know you either get in we should speak about them with respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tone shift.
Speaker 2: Gotta be ye old dog. No, No, but thank you for your incredul No, I'm just gonna be like I took it as a compliment.
Speaker 5: You you fucking rascal, You mother fucking rascal.
Speaker 2: You are Yale secret society called like skulling or something. What is it called sculling Bones. Yeah, that's what it was. Yeah, yeah, you follow up thing I was just asking.
Speaker 1: I think, you know sculling bones only only cool stuff comes out of there, And like, yeah, to your point, I mean, this is again, we're this is the lates. We're in the Lay're in that stage late stage capitalism where it gives way to fascism. This is the cycle because late stage capitalism and broils too many people in poverty, and they'll begin to ask questions. And the only way to fight back against poor people are working people saying what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody's stealing our fucking money? Is uh oh sorry, police state assholes, because we don't want to keep answering these fucking questions or change the status quo, and we need to do everything we can to protect it. So anybody who's not talking about like real change, you know, that's why I'm.
Speaker 3: Running for I'm not kidding. I mean, that's really why I'm running, because I've reached the endpoint of bitching, like I can't. Like I wrote a column for the National Scene that it was my last one because I can't write anymore because I'm a candidate now. So it's like free advertise, like if it's like if I'm writing, I guess I could be interviewed by the National Scene, but I can't actually write a column for them because then they have to give everybody a column if they're a candidate. So but my last column was this is fascism, and I I didn't. People sort of are like I don't see it, you know, Like I don't see it. It's not it's not going to look the same. My point was, it's not going to look the same as like the forties exactly. You know, but we have the built in racism that we have in this country from day one. You know, It's like not even like we have to activate some we already have these boogeymen that this that that that the right wing is used for years and years already, you know, I mean, there's there's already the built in anyway. My point is just that that I I don't what is it authoritarian democracy? You know what is jerrymandering?
Speaker 2: I mean that authoritarian democracy? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, what is what do you call it? Then? I mean I realized fascism sounds really horrible. And if you have kids, and I don't, like, I don't, I don't think that's something you want to hear, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, how else are you going to describe what's happening right Like?
Speaker 3: Criminal?
Speaker 1: We're criminalizing people's existence at every level. You're poor, your criminal, your trans you're a criminal. You're gay, you're a criminal, You're not cis white, Christian, You're will find a way to make your activities as a person criminal, or that you're not protected by the law if someone wants to drop like run you over in a fucking car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this insane attacks, these insane attacks on the transgender community are just the most naked, you know, like I just just they're just like.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it's naked. It's fascist. It is, yeah, yeah, it is just fully formed fascist.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just really happening, and it's it's it's it's hard to even get your head around. So I think people just in some ways willfully or just can't confront these things because they're just so dark. But anyway, running for office I think is a good idea because at least I don't know, at least you're in the in there doing getting trampled. I mean, I feel like I'm gonna get trampled once I get in there. It's not like I'm gonna be able to Like when I my friend who's helping me run, is like, what's your platform? And I was like, you know, I'm like, well, I mean what's that twitch? Well that was like platform, I don't know, probably, uh, I can't even think of a platform. So uh ms paint quarters. So so I don't even know what I'm talking about. You guys go.
Speaker 1: I mean, like your platform is at the end of the day, you want everything for everybody my platform.
Speaker 3: Know when he was like he was like, I was like, I want to try and get community back, and I think public transportation good public transportation is one way to do that is to have everybody together, you know, and some sometimes not always in a car, just in some truck just honking and screaming. That's not a good model for anything. And then I also is like guns, you know, I want to get rid of guns. And he's like, well, you're gonna sound crazy if you say you want to get rid of guns, because if you thinks a city council member you're gonna be able to get rid of any guns, you're out of your fucking mind. So I had to like get my I want to run though with the energy of a guy who's running for president. You got it, you know what I mean, Like, I'm gonna say shit, I don't care. I'm gonna say shit that we can't do. Yeah, everyone, you should.
Speaker 2: Have announced on spaces is what you should have done. Now that's what I should I think you could come back. We can do it.
Speaker 1: Hey, look I'll hop on board. I'll be an advisor to your campaign. I've got a little experience, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: And also I want to I bet if there's people who's I gang, if you have like some real policy shit, hit me up to because look, crowdsource this platform for I'm not.
Speaker 3: Kidding, I'm I'm I'm really. I have so much support here in town, and uh, people think I have a shot to win, but it is going to be a struggle. I'm going up against people who are you know, yeah, well funded and aren't gray hair that parted gray hair, you know, and they are the ones that win. Mike Pence looking motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: What all you gotta do is make fun of them, be like, dude, this guy doesn't even fucking know music.
Speaker 3: And then it's going to be too crazy though too because then people I can't be like full comedian like you know, I can't.
Speaker 2: Be like Chris guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're going to be able to suppress that party.
Speaker 3: I can't run around town Sank Colt who got me.
Speaker 1: Like you might but you might and it might take everybody by storm.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, I've got I've talked to some advisors who are like, you gotta do the comedy stuff. And then other people are like, no, you got to like, you know, you got to be more centrist to start talking about zoning and stuff, and so like, I'm really already.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Look, it's like anything, right. I think a good candidate is somebody who's gonna articulate things that people weren't quite able to articulate and in a way that's gonna connect them to their own situation, where like you can be like zoning, but this is how it affects you. Also, I think it's bullshit and then put your own crafton spin on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say, like, if you want a chicken, you want a pinball machine. I'm tired of people telling you you got to go talk to somebody about it. Wait, that's wrong. I want people back to talk about it. All right. You want to get a chicken, You're gonna need to fill out paperwork.
Speaker 2: Wait, I need I need to bow to big chickens. Demand pro chicken.
Speaker 3: You want more than two chickens on your property. There's gonna be a shit ton of paperwork. That's all I got to say.
Speaker 2: Vote Crofton, all right, well vote Crofting, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, pinball machine note paperwork. I love those.
Speaker 1: Things, especially if they're made by Midway Games. All right, we'll be right back and we're gonna talk about Barbie the movie after this, and we're back Barbie, Chris, you hear that.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, I've been waiting for this movie.
Speaker 2: Finally.
Speaker 3: Robbie looks just like Barbie, so it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: It's exactly like Barbie. I just want to bring this up because I myself was always like, is the Barbie Girls song gonna ever?
Speaker 1: Buy Aqua ever gonna be in? Like the Barbie movie? That just feels as a millennium like it has to be. There's only one Barbie song. The new trailer just came out. I've heard you do the screaming about that. I know you want to stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: Remember we had to shelve the whole episode when you're on. I remember because it's all I was talking about, like we started over because in report it was like, please stop talking about fucking Barbie, and I'm like, I'm sorry, I'm so upset. But this new this new uh fucking trailer actually uses the track from Aqua in the last couple of seconds. But it kind of feels like this sonic the Hedgehog moment, where like all of the internet was like, where the fuck is Barbie Girl by aquall in your marketing?
Speaker 3: This is bullshit?
Speaker 1: And then suddenly, you know, the studio is just kind of like all right, fine fucking at it. In case the fans just completely lose it on us, like to the point where like one fan just like re edited the like the previous trailer to include the song, and it was actually like way better.
Speaker 2: It like it all worked together. But it was previously reported that the movie would, in no uncertain terms, they would not be using the song, and Leani Neistrom of the band speculated that it might have to It might have been because it was too on the nose for the film, although I feel like everything about this film has been pretty on the nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take the layup, but the whole other thing is that apparent.
Speaker 3: Or they tracked down Leani Nistrom, you know, for comment, I mean, who's living on the side of the volcano.
Speaker 2: Probably right next to Leanie Bloomingdale's we Caught Up with Leani, We Caught up with her on Sumatra, on the side of her in her treehouse, on the side of the volcano. But the other reason might be because back in the nineties, Mattel, the makers of Barbie, they sued Aqua over the song, but they lost the case, so in nineteen ninety seven, Mattel took Aqua's record label MCA at the time Shout Out When MCA Was a Thing to court, alleging that the song made quote unauthorized use of the unauthorized use of the toy manufacturer's Barbie Doll trademarks and likeness, and argued that the band the brand was tarnished by lyrics that quote associates sexual and other unsavory themes with Mattel's Barbie products, because you know, there was stuff like kiss me here, touch me there, Hanky panky, you can touch, you can play, I'm always yours, make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please, I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees. You know all that the band was saying that like it was actually about plastic surgeries, and some parts were intended as sexual But after the lawsuit, their lords, shut the fuck up, Shut the fuck up, don't talk about that, don't say an thing about the sexual shit, because that's what they're suing you about. What the fuck was that? Oh shit, my own fucking series just went off. Anyway, So then m C A, where can I find a doll with conservative five family values?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: And then so there was a countersuit filed by MCA records and they said because they said that there, they called their quote alleged trademark violation a crime, and they're like, that's bullshit. Things got so fucking heated with these two lawsuits that the judge literally had to say. This is a quote from the court documents. Quote.
Speaker 1: The parties are advised to chill. The judge said, chill the fuck out to both fucking parties.
Speaker 2: Just love that.
Speaker 1: That's where the judges gotta chill out. The parties are advised to chill. Nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before nine to eleven, people were in a better mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you ain't hearing that in post nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean that people are talking about chill.
Speaker 2: Like the bill man, you're advised to chill bro. Yeah, I have not heard that word once. It's two thousand and one. It's completely absent from the side.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I guess, I guess September tenth, two thousand and one, the last day of Chill.
Speaker 3: Well no, like, you know, like back then, it was like this is as bad as it's gonna get. This is the future. Looks just like it's nothing but Barbie lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was at the time.
Speaker 1: I remember I was in law school studying Barbie law. Everything felt like it was going in the right direction. Then nine to eleven happened, but both suits were eventually thrown out and Mattel was like, you know, Mattel said they were disappointed, and MC eight was like, it's a it's a victory for free speech. The band was just like this is great publicity.
Speaker 2: But it's just funny that, like like why they wouldn't include the song because when they're saying, like, oh, we don't like the sexual undertones. Like because if you've seen the trailer for the film, like there's a whole scene where Ken keeps talking about beaching guys off, and he's like, anyone wants to beat him off has to beach me off first. And you're like, I mean, look, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I keep singing this episode. It's so annoying. You can cut it all out. I keep going, I'd never do that usually.
Speaker 2: Have you been doing that? I haven't even noticed.
Speaker 3: Good good, but I've been doing a bunch. Yeah, I don't know. But anyway, credit Gerwig?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: What what is this gonna be?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: What have you? Has anyone ever seen Greta Gerwig's other movies? What's gonna happen? Like Barby's gonna go Indie rock?
Speaker 1: Uh, Barbie actually has an existential crisis.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a shin song playing during that, so upside cut my thumb song, new slang, you're gonna play that. And Barbie's gonna find out she shouldn't live in her dream house and she should be like a volunteer or something. That's gonna be some bullshit. Man, this is bullshit. And also I'm tired of people being cast in movies that look like the people. Why don't we do some casting that's interesting?
Speaker 2: So who you should have been? Ken?
Speaker 3: Just anybody? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like the idea.
Speaker 3: Samuel Jackson, Samuel Jackson as Barbie, Sign me up. I mean, for real, do something interesting, like get somebody who looks like Barbie.
Speaker 2: Wait, like Chris, this is your campaign. Sam Jackson should be Barbie.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Sam Jackson should be Amelia Earhart. Sam Jackson should be everybody, and everybody should do different crazy you know, do crazy casting. It's it's the end of the world. Let's do some interesting shit, like we'll get Greta girl, Get Greta giry Oh, Greta Gerwig. Thinking outside the box decides to get Margot Robbie because she looks like Barbie and she talks like Barbie. It's the worst idea already. I don't want to see it. And then I know what she's gonna do because if you saw what was the name of that verson no No ne Net or something, the one who was like her other one about the lady who had a nervous breakdown and ended up being a ballet instructor.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry what.
Speaker 3: That movie that she did called, I don't know, it's called Pizza the Tangerine Monkey. I hate that movie so uh. The no the movie that she did last time about the woman that had a nervous breakdown, it's called like on the Edge or like Greta Gerwig Goes Crazy. What's it called the last one she did? The last one she did was as a writer about that herself? She played herself? Or was it No Bombacks? Was that No Bombacks movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 3: The movie that about the woman it's called like Parakeet Williams or something. It's like, it's it's her. She plays a white lady who's a nervous breakdown and is saved by like she becomes a ballet dancer or something. It doesn't it's gonna be like it's gonna be like OMII all the movies I've seen by Greta Gerwig or some variation on OMII, which is where some like weird girls like accidentally stumbles into a twee existence and that's's gonna happen to Barbie. She's ended up working at a record store, and there's gonna play that shin song.
Speaker 2: All right. I love that to tell.
Speaker 1: By the way, it has been presaged by none other than Chris Crofton.
Speaker 2: You have heard it here first, folks.
Speaker 1: Chris, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily Geist today.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You have carefully I had to exit on that absurd me trying to remember the name of that movie.
Speaker 2: But okay, part Williams sounds.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm I'm a notoriously behind on movies, but I love Peakeet Williams.
Speaker 2: Oh, Francis ha Is what.
Speaker 3: That's it, Williams.
Speaker 2: It's about that was so long ago. I was like, wait, what, No, I'm gonna turn my mic off. Hey, shut up.
Speaker 1: Parakeet Williams though, that's oh my god, Oh I just love it. Please someone, please, someone, prompt chat gpt to write the script for Parakeet Williams whatever that whatever that film is? Chris, where can people find you? Follow you, listen to you, donate to your campaign and all that.
Speaker 3: Donating to the campaign is probably the most important thing for me right now. And that's on Act Blue. You just put in my name Chris Crofton and the name of the campaign is Crofton for Council, and I honestly I'm I'm in the process of setting up that account right now. I'm waiting for them to mail me back, so it might be Monday before it's up. But Act Blue and uh, then the other stuff is just the Colberg Got Me Like podcast and at the crofton show on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: There it is. Is there a work of social media, any media that you've been enjoying recently.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's do the one that I love, I love the most, which is the the hell is it? It's the one that's about the Calculator app. Do you guys know that one?
Speaker 2: No, it ain't about SpongeBob.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god. Oh hell nah, they burn and sponge bob spussy. That's the best. I mean that seriously, is the best reason for the world to end. Like I'm grateful for the world ending, just so I got that meme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can witness.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we're talking about, Blake, I don't. It's it's a SpongeBob float from a parade and it's a hot air balloon. So it's got you can see the flame underneath SpongeBob's well just it's a hot air but it says someone took a picture of it and says and wrote, hell naw ah, hell na, they burning sponge Bob's spussy. You know, I mean, that's just the great thing that anyone's ever what's your what's your current favorite that makes William Shakespeare sound like an idiot. Just all right, I'm just gonna I can't remember it.
Speaker 1: You guys go you can't remember, so you're seating here.
Speaker 3: I won't see it, okay, Josh Letterman parentheses old friend ninety nine said, playing around in calculator app. Some of these numbers are huge, some of these are fucking That's like it's from a while ago. But I love that so much.
Speaker 1: Blake, thank you so much for joining me on this this night of a thousand laughs. Where can people will find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you? And what's you know?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've thrown some tour dates and what's some social media shit?
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: People could find me at Blake Wexler on all social media. And then also I will be at Blue Ridge Comedy Club in Bristol, Tennessee, which is far away from you, Chris. Unfortunately. I would love to have seen you, but it's on the border of Virginia. Half of the streets of Virginia, half of the streets Tennis.
Speaker 3: I might go to that, I might go.
Speaker 2: I would love to see you, sincerely, period. I would love to see you. And also I have a stand up comedy special coming out this summer at some point it's called Daddy Long Legs my First Hour Special, So I will plug that at another point. And then as far as social media goes, I saw Carl Tart post this where it was an NBA thing from a few weeks ago, but it's from never Devin Parker on either Instagram or TikTok and it says John Morant's fan, John Morant's friends before he goes on IG Live. And then it's that uh, that video of what's his face from Morpheus from the Matrix, Yeah, with the actor oh Sam, Laurence Fishburn.
Speaker 8: Tammeron was it Pete Cock Melons or whatever, but it's Laurence Fishburn and he just goes, somebody get this man a gun.
Speaker 2: Like that clip and it just made May laugh so hard. It was his character from jod Wick thank you. And that's from the Matrix. No, it was my favorite part of the Matrix. But never Devin Parker for that that tick. That's fantastic. This was so much fun. And Chris, good luck with your with running for office. You're you're a terrific man.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much. I love like Wexler. I love like Wexler. He's so funny. Naturally funny shout out.
Speaker 1: Chris also tweet I like is from so saith the Black Lord at j mood eighty eight tw did basically someone someone like He tweeted this DeSantis thing sounds like a GTA radio show and for peopleho don't know the game brand, theft audio had built in radio stations and I just want to play you because this guy just overlays a Rond de Santis thing over gameplay footage from the like GTA five and it's just funny altogether.
Speaker 2: At these past few years have given me a new appreciation for the fragility of our freedom America during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Oh it's fucking amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's genius.
Speaker 1: Find me on Twitter, Instagram, all that at Miles of Gray, m I L E.
Speaker 2: S O F g R A Y. A lot of people have trouble spelling that one.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And also you can find me and Jack on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack on Mad Boosties. You can find Sophia, Alexander and I on our you know, reality show podcast for twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 3: All that.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist, on Instagram at the Daily zike Ice. We got a Facebook fan page.
Speaker 1: And the web hold on day like ice dot com where you can find our episodes and our footnotes.
Speaker 2: Foot notes they nailed it.
Speaker 1: Where you can, you know, you can check out all the things we talked about or didn't get to talk about, as well as the song we're gonna ride out on. I want to go out on this. So I recently heard this remix. I've gotta find it. I'm gonna find it, and I will bring it to you when I've actually locked it down. I think I'm gonna have to, like it's on like some DJ record website, but I heard Okay, So there's the track rock Steady by Aretha Franklin is fucking god. But there's also a Jamaican version by the Marvels that's also fantastic that has like its own reggae feel to it. I heard someone mash up the original Aretha vocals with the Marvel's reggae like backing track, and it's so fucking good. But for now, I want to at least draw your attention to the alternate mix of rock Steady the Young Black or Young Gifted and Black outtake where the drum like the drums are just a little bit funkier than these my hip listening to rock Steady.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when I was roller skating and I fell down and broke.
Speaker 2: My hip, were ready you literally head? He was playing rock Steady, Babe.
Speaker 3: You was when Aretha Franklin and died and it was an all Aaretha Franklin skating night And I got over excited during rock Steady and I fell and broke my hips.
Speaker 1: How twenty eighteen, Yeah, you broke your hip in twenty eight twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wait, I feel like we were doing the show and you never fucking brought that.
Speaker 3: I definitely must have brought it up. It was from depicote, I was. I was on this drug caused bone mass called depicote. Anyway, that's a whole different can of worms. But anyway, because rock Steady is such a good job, it caused such a good song, it caused the forty nine year old to break his damn hip.
Speaker 1: Well, check out this version because it's funk here. It will put honey back in those hips. So check out this version. Yes, check this one out. The alternate version that'll do it for us. Today's back.
Speaker 2: We'll be back to tell you what's trending again the daily Guys.
Speaker 1: There's a production by Heart Radio, So for more podcast check Got I My Heart Radio ap appleodcast where it gets your podcast free. That's gonna do it for us, See you later, Peace the bug Out