Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Power two on this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to the Ohio State Buckeyes national champs. By the way, I have odds on who is the favorite to win the national title next year. Have that for you in a moment eight seven seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle, a TP show. Christopher mad Dog Russo on loan from sirius xm MLB Network and occasionally a contributor to First Take on the mother Ship. He'll join us coming up. Also, we'll play the best available NFL head coaching of vacancy and the losing playoff team in the best shape going in the next season. Rick Neuheisel recap the national title game. He'll join us a little bit later on as well. But Ohio State wins the national title thirty four to twenty three. It got interesting. It got interesting again when Notre Dame was down by a and the point spread was eight and a half, and then all of a sudden, the long throw to Jeremiah Smith. They kick a field goal and they get the cover. Chicago Bears finally got their guy. The Bears don't get their guy. They always get the guy after the guy that they probably want. But this time they paid, they paid, and they got Ben Johnson. Ben wanted around thirteen fourteen million dollars. I think it was fifteen million dollars last year was reported. But now you get the Lions offensive coordinator. Aaron Glenn is probably going to be the jets next head coach. I think he's in the building today. I wouldn't let him out. I would say, all right, former Jet, you want the job, you got the job. Let's go Ben Johnson with the Bears. And if you're going to help Caleb Williams, give him some stability. This certainly goes well. You know, you build off that rookie contract, you start to fill in some of the other areas of need their offensive line, certainly with as many times as he was sacked. And now you start to look at the other vacancies here. You know, the Cowboys need a coach, Saints need a coach. You know, you start to look at these openings the Raiders. Are the Raiders going to go to Pete Carroll? The Saints? Could they go Mike McCarthy, Could the Jags go Mike McCarthy? The Cowboys maybe Kellen Moore, which is strange because you know, we flirted or they threw out the idea, floated the idea of Deon Sanders. I don't know if he's still in play. I don't know if he was in play. But if you're going to bring in bring back Kellen Moore, who was your offensive coordinator, just like Dan quinn, he was your defensive coordinator and you let him go and you kept Mike McCarthy. But with Jerry Jones, who knows, And it feels like these vacancies will probably be filled this week unless there's somebody coaching, you know, Cliff Kingsbury, is there a possibility that he's going to get a head coaching job again. But the Raiders, I think the Raiders and Tom Brady spent time with Ben Johnson reportedly at an hour long zoom call last week, trying to get him to go to the Raiders. Now it might be Pete Carroll to go to the Raiders, but the Saint situation the Jags feels like Mike McCarthy might get a job here and then you got the Cowboys and I don't know, you know, give him what Jerry. His mindset is that he is supposed to be on a solo mission, reportedly on a solo mission to find the head coach. What could go wrong in that situation? But I think all of these vacancies will probably be filled by the end of the week. All right, favorite for the National title next year?
Speaker 3: Paul?
Speaker 2: Who is the odds on favorite to win the National title next year?
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question you just did? I Is it a tie?
Speaker 2: No? Texas their second Todd Georgia their third seatan Wiole State they are first, then Oregon and Penn State. According to DraftKings the odds to win the National Championship coming up next season.
Speaker 5: Do you think all of those teams will at least be in the playoff next year?
Speaker 2: Mm mmm, I'll say all but one. I think there'll be one that doesn't make it. I don't know who that is. Whom I don't know who that is. Also, the odds for the best Super Bowl matchup, you know, these are the odds that they think would happen the Chiefs and Eagles. That's the number one betting option. Then it's the Bills in the Eagles, so they got a lot of confidence in the Eagles. I think there's a misconception on the Eagles, and they supposedly dominated the Rams in that game. I thought the Rams were going to win that game. At the end of the game. I thought Stafford was going to lead them down and they were going to score a touchdown and kick an extra point. They were going to win. That doesn't sound like a team that was dominating the Rams. You did have Saquon Barkley had three huge plays, and Jalen Hurts had one really big play. But other than that, I thought the Rams, you know, they did have a you know, a couple of mistakes. You had the fumble by Williams fourth quarter, but I mean they were going toe to toe with them and they put pressure on Hurts Hurts, And.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that was a blowout.
Speaker 2: You out gained the Eagles, but I think that there's this feeling of the Eagles dominated the Rams and that is not the case. Who is the best quarterback left in the playoffs right now? I know it sounds crazy to say that because you got Josh Allen, you got Patrick Mahomes. Is Jayden Daniels The best quarterback right now? Is Jaden Daniels playing better football than any of the other quarterbacks here. Yeah, aggressive, Wow, No, is he playing better than any of the other quarterbacks?
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, that's a semantics play. If you say, who's the best quarterback in the playoffs, it's Mahomes who's always playing the best. Playing the best is Daniels?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: That sounds like I'm back at my days at the Mothership where we would have one of those romantics. Yeah, we would have one of those where you bring in a couple of analysts and John Clayton and Shawn Salisbury in a cors Light six pack of questions or something. But yeah, I was wondering about that. The quarterback who's playing the best is Jaden Daniels right now. Now, if you said who do you want with the game on the line, I want Patrick Mahomes, but Jayden Daniels he's playing better than everybody else.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, you could use this for semantics with Lamar Jackson the other day. R Jackson played great this weekend. Now, he played good right at times he was the best player on the field, but there is a couple of big mistakes.
Speaker 2: I don't think he played great. Josh Allen didn't play great. Mahomes didn't play great. Jade Daniels played great, all right, Therefore he is the best. He too, he's playing the best right now, what's the weather going to be like Kansas City in Philadelphia? Since it was an issue last week, we'll get phone calls coming up. What's poll question for hour two gonna be Seaton?
Speaker 5: You know, we just put up their best job of the available openings, Cowboys, Jaguars, Jets, Raiders, Saints. I'm not missing any there.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think that's about it. And then we also had overwhelmingly Ohio State fans would rather lose to Misschigan and win the National Championship rather than the reverse of that, which I'm very happy.
Speaker 2: But there was twenty two percent of those voting that would rather beat Michigan.
Speaker 5: There's a conspiracy right now that those are actually Michigan fans trying to make Ohio State fans look worse. We're trying to make them look bad.
Speaker 2: I would not rule that out. I would not roll that out. So what's poll question for hour two? The best opening?
Speaker 5: We also have a comment there. This might be one of the dumbest questions you've asked in a while, which I precis accomplished.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 5: Wait, yeah, okay, we could throw up there, literally throw up who had the worst day yesterday? This was from Paul Notre Dame fans. Raiders fans are Michigan fans. Michigan fans seem to be rebounding just fine, though.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think I would factor the Raider fans in there. I mean so wide you lost Ben Johnson. Oh my god, how many times do we have these coordinators?
Speaker 4: Remember Matt Naggie, Oh man, he's been learning under Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, maybe Tom thought you could put Brady in there because he thought he was going to get Ben Johnson. But I Ben Johnson would be going in there not having a court. You don't have anything there. He's got a better chance being successful with Chicago. So Raider fans, you got to kind of clean up your mess before it becomes an attractive job. I would think, And maybe you get Pete Carroll. Would I rather have Pete Carroll than Ben Johnson?
Speaker 4: That would He's proven himself.
Speaker 2: We are we kidding ourselves again with all of these coordinators that all of a sudden, man, they become great head coaches. Pete Carroll's proven himself, Mike McCarthy has proven himself. Now we don't like retreads. And Pen Johnson, Oh my gosh, this guy maybe I don't know if he's a head coach. He's a really good coordinator.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Brad and Columbus, Hi, Brad Wood's on your mind today, first.
Speaker 7: Time, long time, five to seven and they felt one eighty five. Of course, I'm a Buckeye fan obviously in Columbus, and I would absolutely rather have a national championship than to beat Michigan. I had all my Michigan buddies. One guy texted the Undertaker.
Speaker 4: Meme when Notre Dame came back to eighth.
Speaker 7: Uh. And then after the game, I went out to a local sporting good store, bought up all the national championship gear, put it on, took a picture, set it back. It's just a fool. It's gonna be a full year of fast talking. But hey, I guess to the twenty two percenters, Northern Illinois is the runner up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Brad.
Speaker 2: If you're Northern New Illinois, you feel pretty good about your season. Yeah, you beat the team that lost to the team that won the National Championship.
Speaker 4: Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 9: DP, I was just going about my business. Wasn't going to call in until Zach and Grand Rapids had to throw some slander towards the buck Eyes talking about how we pay for our players. And I would say that Larry Ellison and Dave Portnoy want to end on the conversation as far as that goes. And I ordered a bunch of National Championship gear last night on Fanatics and I didn't ever see anything about the last game of the season buying a shirt for that. So, and I'll leave you with this man I called in yesterday about about my commanders, and he said to James in Virginia that you know, he wanted to come to the Super Bowl open invitation. I'm not doing anything super Bowl week.
Speaker 4: Just let you know, yeah, yuppy, he won't joining us either.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm sorry. I gave James an open invitation, Zach. It felt like he was inviting himself, so I can't. There's only room for one commander fan. So, Zach, I'm sorry that you'll be doing nothing in Knoxville.
Speaker 6: Yes, well you're not borring him for New Orleans.
Speaker 4: You just say no, he can go to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying James can stop by the set and then we can take pictures and have fun with him.
Speaker 4: Dan in Ohio, Hi Dan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: Five ten, one seventy five. I just want to call in.
Speaker 9: Having a good day to day.
Speaker 8: And uh, I just want to say that, Uh yeah, beating Michigan is always a big thing. I remember when Eddie George was running back and they lost tim biaka Patuca and all other crow but at the same time, we got the Natty and that's what matters most.
Speaker 4: Yes, you don't have to be defensive, celebrate.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't worry at all if Michigan is Michigan fans are going to say something to say, yep, you're right, you did beat us. You did, and you know what, I would say, thank you for beating us, because we became a better team because of you, Michigan fans. We became a better team after you beat us, So thank you. That'll be your return fire.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Keith in California, Hi, Keith, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Say many now? You're doing good, good good. So back in the day, I used to have a fun summer job, kind of an all ye round thing. I would follow fans that were doing stadium tours and build their picture huge stages. Went into Texas Stadium for you two zo TV tour, found my way into the Cowboys Slot room. Very cool place, amazing. Actually, while I was there, you get in the short version of this, there was a piece of chalk next to a chalkboard and I wrote two words. I wrote a nice elongated G and then a small oh and right underneath it and giants.
Speaker 10: I wrote go giants in.
Speaker 3: The corner of their chalkboard, and I made a little line, a couple of little lines. Clearly it was a little box in the corner. Six weeks later, the Giants played there and they got me like thirty five to three on Thanksgiving Day. My question for you, mister Patrick, with your connections, can you find out if I literally gave them chalkboard bullet moan material. Jimmy Johnson and the team see that, well, I'll see what I can do.
Speaker 2: That's that's literally chalkboard material on their chalkboard. Maybe next time we have Jimmy Johnson on I can ask him that question, Todd c If Jimmy'll join us, I just want to ask that question.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Does he remember that chalkboard?
Speaker 11: No football question?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Christopher mad Dog Russo set to join us. More phone calls as well. We're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up as they say. I'd say, the interactive show on Fox Sports Radio maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up, update the poll results. Rick Neuheisel was there at the National title game last night. He'll join us coming up top of the houri's Christopher mad Dog Russo, host a mad Dog Unleashed on Sirius XM and a contributor to ESPN's first Dake mad Dog. Good to see again. Which fan base feels worse today? Notre Dame or Michigan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's good one. I sence, good job Danny. Well, it was a pleasure to come on.
Speaker 13: I would say probably Michigan because that win to me against Ohio State doesn't mean that much anymore. It might mean something to them, but the bottom line is Ohio State did what you're supposed to do. Founced back, win four in a row, win a championship. So to me, if the Michigan's gonna take look at us, we who cares. The bottom line is they won, they have the championship trophy, They're going to the White House, they have the rings. The Notre Dame fan that had a great year, they recovered. They did a good job of trying to get back in the game. Last night they lost fifty six seven, It would be really embarrassing.
Speaker 10: It was thirty one seven. They actually made Ohio State sweat a little bit.
Speaker 13: So I don't think anybody from in South Bend could be annoyed and could be disappointed with the or upset the fact that they lost. They were an eight point underdog for a reason. Ohio State's better than they are, they got better players. But the Michigan fan base, to me, with Ohio State, by the fact they won so four in a row, blew out people did a great job. That takes away to me as a fan. They lost, their lost to Michigan. Who cares that they lost?
Speaker 10: And naming to me, I was a fan.
Speaker 13: They won a championship, So I would say that Michigan fan base were more annoyed than the Notre Dame fan base.
Speaker 4: Did you have money on last day?
Speaker 13: I had Notre Dame dan And here here's the thing. I had no business having getting eight. I had no business having any chance because obviously thirty one seven, and then they get the two two point conversions, and then you figure, oh my god, I'm going to get a push out of this because it was third and eleven. Just get the first down there and then one out the clock. Instead he throws the bomb. The kid makes to catch the ten yard line, so it's first in gold. It's not worst than ten. And then they had the two timeouts or they get the time out left, so they're gonna have to kick the field goal.
Speaker 10: So I got burned with that.
Speaker 13: Now, to be fair, to be fair, I had used in getting nine on Saturday afternoon, and I got the safety, so that negates what happened last night.
Speaker 10: It's amazing how betting works.
Speaker 4: Oh god, good one.
Speaker 13: You have no business or you push one and then three days later you think, look at me, I'm hot.
Speaker 10: It goes to the exact opposite. That's what happened to me last night.
Speaker 2: I had to quit cold Turkey years years, years ago. Chris, I never enjoyed winning. I just hated losing, and I couldn't enjoy the games. You know, people better as will often say, you know what, I have no interest.
Speaker 9: In this game.
Speaker 4: I'll put some money on it. Now I'll watch it. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 10: I understand where you're coming from. I think there's a lot of truth to that. You lose the purity of it, you know.
Speaker 13: I sometimes think it's a little bit of an occupational hazard because it does make you focus and on things that you wouldn't normally focus on, and what you and I do on a day and day off basis that's important. For instance, you know, I'll bet a season total for a couple of NBA teams regular season total. Now what I care in the middle of January what the Kings are doing against the Wizards. No, but because I have Sacramento as an over I'm going to pay attention. So I look at it as almost at times complimentary to what I do. But I do want to what you're saying, sometimes you're looking at your bet instead of looking at the big picture.
Speaker 10: I think that's a very fair point, and I can see why you would have done that A long time ago.
Speaker 2: These are two more key match or you know teams franchises, Ohio State and Notre Dame. But the national title game felt a little buried, like, you know, we got through with football this weekend and then it's on a Monday night.
Speaker 4: Is there a better solution?
Speaker 9: Do you think.
Speaker 10: It's stupid?
Speaker 13: We've been saying this, How could you play your national championship game after four divisional games the whole world is talking about. I mean, i'dn't even mention a college football game. Yes, until late I needed a little blow. They should play the game two days before the divisional games, not after the divisional games.
Speaker 10: I don't know why they've been doing this forever on these Monday nights.
Speaker 13: I know ESPN wants the Monday night football team because on the Monday night it's dumb. Nobody cares. And they did not get great ratings for the semi finals. Notre Dame Penn State only did seventeen million and twenty million for Texas. They had to be a little disappointed with that. Four big franchises and I don't even think the game probably would do well. From last night it was thirty one seven. You've seen enough football. It was a long weekend. People got to work Tuesday. You also had the inauguration, which people may or may not have been wrapped up in one way or the other. So they were a little burned out by nine to thirty ten o'clock and it's thirty one to seven Oha state.
Speaker 10: You know what, I'm going to bed. So they probably got hurt significantly with that too.
Speaker 13: Need to get away from the NFL as quickly as possible if they want to get a big deal going followed for their championship game.
Speaker 10: I agree to hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Christopher mad Dog Russo, host of mad Dog Unleashed on Sirius XM channel eighty two. A lot of phone calls yesterday from fans. They were talking about the NFL goes out of its way to protect Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs. They get all the calls, yep, and and look, I understand, you know, two of those calls with Mahomes should have gone the other way.
Speaker 4: Nothing should have been called. In my opinion, I agree. Do I think he flaunts the hey look at me, you can't touch me? Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: I agree, But I don't you know, when fans get into the conspiracy theory of all the you know, the NFL wants the Chiefs to win.
Speaker 4: That's where they lose me. Why they take it too far?
Speaker 10: They take it too far. But Daan, let's be honest.
Speaker 13: They get every call, know the man I mean, and then Mahomes then he flaunts it by trying to steal another fifteen yards.
Speaker 10: It cost him a field goal in the first drive of the game.
Speaker 13: It would have been they would have had a punt. They it spearheaded their touchdown drive on that fifteen yard penalty. They got a call against the Raiders where the Raiders recovered the fumble and then they said, oh no, no, it was a legal procedure, so the call had been stopped, so the play there was no play. That was the Friday after Thanksgiving. They called the two penalty, and somehow good All must have gotten on the phone and told the official, hey call the other one, because let's call the play dead.
Speaker 10: That never occurred.
Speaker 13: I didn't understand that they got a call against Philadelphia in the Super Bowl. I never would have called that hold which ruined the game, because then they can just, you know, take three knees and kick the game winning field goal. That call I do not make under any circumstances, and they're great reads. Great Mahomes is the great. We all understand that. That's a great franchise, hunts great honor.
Speaker 10: We get that. But I don't know how anybody could sit there and watch the Chiefs over the last eight nine years and think they don't get any calls. A lot of the Chief fan will bring up, well, how about the off side that coursed us the game against New England. He was twenty feet off sides? You had to call that.
Speaker 13: How about the left tackle always moves early? Who they never make that call when he moves early. He moves early every single time, and they never made the call. They made it once this week, thank god, But generally they never make the They never call that. Chief doubt Dan, I'm Chief out, And now all of a sudden, Caitlin Clark is a Chief fan.
Speaker 10: Let me get this straight.
Speaker 13: We watched Caitlin a wonderful athlete, great, we all know how great she is, great for the sport.
Speaker 10: I never saw her once where a chief Jersey where a chief hat have? Her father were the Chiefs, And now all of a sudden she's a huge Chief fan.
Speaker 13: Oh, come on, I think myself, I think America has had enough with Kansas City.
Speaker 10: Dan, I'm so hard for Buffalo on Sunday afternoon. I'm gonna beg that Alan finally gets to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Caitlyn Clark has announced her fandom with the Chiefs years ago.
Speaker 10: I never heard that, Ye did she?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, he's a Chief fan.
Speaker 4: She knows yes Mahomes. Yes, Yes, she knows about Super Bowl one.
Speaker 2: No, no, she wasn't born yet. Yes, she may know about Jamal Charles. I don't know Chris, but she she doesn't know.
Speaker 4: You know who is it? Fred the Hammer Williamson?
Speaker 13: Does she knows Miami double over time twenty seven, twenty four and Christmas for the one of the most famous games in a history in the National Football League.
Speaker 4: Probably you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I know what I'm saying. I know, Dan, You're not chiefed out. You're not chiefed out?
Speaker 4: Oh I am, I am?
Speaker 2: But whose fault is it that they show Caitlyn Clark or they show Taylor Swift. It's not Caitlyn Clark and Taylor Swift. So why don't you call your network friends? Why don't you call your bosses that you know? You know?
Speaker 4: Sean mcmahor's one good point.
Speaker 10: Good job, Danny.
Speaker 13: Last year I had mcmanuson because CBS had the game and obviously had all the chief games, and Shawan made a big deal about how they only showed uh Swift three though. I had him on at the super Bowl at the Masters before his last event, and I asked him about Swift at the super Bowl that says only on a shortter for like three minutes.
Speaker 10: What he didn't tell me He showed them thirty eight times during that game in the booth. Thirty eight times enough already.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 10: She likes the Chiefs. Her boyfriend's the tight end.
Speaker 4: It's not her fault, Chris, it's not her. What can she say? Hey, I don't. I don't want you to put the camera on me.
Speaker 10: Good So I believe it? In the networks, is that what you want me to say?
Speaker 2: I mean, they show Robert Kraft. Do you get upset when they cut away to roams the team? Who wants to see Robert Kraft?
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones getting his glasses cleaned. It's entertaam and.
Speaker 10: Chris, we're not chiefed out then?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 4: I am because they're so good.
Speaker 10: There's so doesn't get my Homes doesn't get every calling on the man.
Speaker 2: That might be true, but see, I don't want that to clout our judgment. Chris that well, he is unbelievable. And I made this mistake with Bjorn Borg. I didn't like Borg because he stood in the way of John McEnroe. He always beat John, and I got I hated Borg for no other reason. So I missed that entire run how great he was because my mind was like God, I don't like him because he beats John McEnroe.
Speaker 4: Mahomes is so, I mean, this is rarefied air.
Speaker 10: Now, remember that's fair.
Speaker 13: Last year I went on everywhere and said he's the best quarterback, greatest quarterback I've ever seen. I did it all that, I did it on first day, all aft me. How's he better than Brady? How's he better than this?
Speaker 10: That and the other?
Speaker 12: You and I?
Speaker 13: You and I go back far enough. You saw unitis, You and I about the same age. You saw unitis. You and I saw starback. You know, we we've heard of Sammy Ball, We've we've heard of Otto Graham, Sula Shula at the New One in Super Bowl and that would have been the Pittsburgh No, that would have been San Francisco, Baltimore. I had Don Shooter, and I'm sure you had him on that same week. He came in a wheelchair and we were talking about great quarterbacks. Took the first thing he said, don't forget about Otto, don't forget about Auto Graham. So you and I know the quarterbacks, and I think Mahomes is the greatest quarterback I've ever seen. I can't get him a better compliment than that, and I think you probably feel the same way.
Speaker 2: I have a picture that PAULI just got me. Caitlyn Clark looks like she's about eight years old. She's with her cousins and she has her chiefs Jersey.
Speaker 10: Oh, you guys are Caitlin Clark?
Speaker 4: Now would you like to issue an apology?
Speaker 10: Is she what does she? Hanks Strand?
Speaker 13: Now, I guess I guess I should to be picking on Caitlin Clark and Chiefed doubt.
Speaker 10: I'm cheaping on the calls and Dan. Those calls on Saturday were push league. Those are push league calls.
Speaker 4: Brady versus Belichick.
Speaker 2: The Verdict three part event hosted by Chris oh Okay, who's more critical to the success of.
Speaker 4: The Patriots dynasty Tom or Bill.
Speaker 2: The premiers tonight at ten eastern on Vice TV and weekly on Tuesday.
Speaker 13: Okay, they did it great. They did a great job with this. You know, I did the panel with him. You did a panel first with Carl Banks, Peter King, Devin mccordy, and then you know, they said would your mind coming back and sort of sort of setting up the scenes. So the first episode will be why Brady's more significant to the Patriots success, The second one is Belichick, and then the third one the Tuesday before the super Bowl. It's sort of a discussion where we kind of break it down and you got somebody say this, and somebody say that they did a great job, and they go into weeds. This is not your you know, shrubbery where you don't, Yeah, you kind of just do the surface.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 13: They have everybody comment, everybody from players, costas. They do a great job with it. I spent you know, two full days doing the two scenes. Each show is an hour. I can't tell you enough how Gary Myers was involved. He wrote a lot of good stuff about it. He was sort of the ep of it, and you know, and the Verdict means, you know, at the end of the third episode, I kind of give you where we all stand, and I kind of give you a verdict. I'm sort of just a quarterback of it. The panel does a great job, and I think the average fan will be able to make a good decision of what percentage each should get for the six championships.
Speaker 10: In New England. That's the idea of it. I think it'd be impressed. It's a good show, right.
Speaker 2: It's called The Verdict. Brady Versus Belichick tonight at ten eastern on Vice TV. The Baseball Hall of Fame announcement later on today, six eastern each yr Row, CC, Sabathia, Billy Wagner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Wagner's gonna get in because he's ways.
Speaker 13: He's seventy three point four percent of the vote last year and this is last year of eligibility.
Speaker 8: Gigat No.
Speaker 13: I don't know if myself, if I think Wagner was a Hall of Famer, he was not good in postseason play, and that's how relievers, in my eyes, should be judged. But he'll get those extra votes. Sabathia will probably get in, so he's got a lifetime three point seventy four e RA, which is high. But Sabathia was a tremendous big game pitcher, pitch when you know on sacrifice three days rest from Milwaukee when he was going to be a big free agent. I'll live with that and Hetros and no Graham. So I haven't looked at that list as significant as I probably should.
Speaker 10: There's probably a couple of others there. Andrew Jones, for instance. I'm not sure what people think about him.
Speaker 4: Bel Trump.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that ten years now of eligibility. But it's a big day for baseball. They have fun with this. You and I love this kind of stuff. Would you put Sabathia in if you were voting? Would you put Wagner in? If you were voting? Would you put both in?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You would. Yeah, Wagner's greatest left handed closer of all time. And I agree with you.
Speaker 2: You know with postseason that that's what we want to see with closers. E your O no brainer. But yeah, soa Mathew was a workhorse like that guy would take the ball. Milwaukee abused him before they knew they were going to lose him. Like you're pitching again. I just pitched yesterday. Get out there pitch again.
Speaker 10: I mean he had the guts to take the ball. Yeah, he should be rewarded for that. And that was before his three agency when he went to the Yankees.
Speaker 2: I don't get caught up in era because Jack Morris is one of my favorite pitchers, because the guy was an ace for three different franchises and all he did was give me the ball. I'm going to pitch as long as you know I can possibly pitch. We get caught up in era. I know we use it, we can use stats differently, but I still want somebody who wants the ball and you're not going to burn up the bullpen.
Speaker 4: And I was just a big Jack Morris fan.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean he got in via the writer, by the executive committee. He did not get invia the writers. And he was fifteen years I believe you know, I could go either the way with Morris. No use to fight that argument now because he's in the Hall of Fame. I didn't think Bli Levin was a Hall of Fame pitcher myself.
Speaker 4: What about Tommy John.
Speaker 10: Well, I know he's got to seventy four light time wins?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: I think he's got to eighty eight to eighty eight.
Speaker 10: Do you think Tommy John was a great pitcher? I never thought he was Waits good Waits.
Speaker 4: Don Gron Sutton wasn't great, But I agree with you.
Speaker 10: And he's got three hundred wins, so that got him into the Hall of Fame. I agree with you.
Speaker 13: I don't know if I would have voted for something. No, he got through the wins. I mean, Field Negro was a great he met a great all time pitcher. But he's got three and forty something wins because he pitched.
Speaker 10: Forever with the knuckleball. Yeah, but do you think Tommy John.
Speaker 13: When you watched Tommy John Danny, did you think you were watching a Hall of Fame pitcher.
Speaker 10: I didn't think so, did you?
Speaker 4: What about contributions to the game.
Speaker 13: Because of the injury, but the with the with the army, you know, you gotta don't you give the surgeon that more so than you give time.
Speaker 2: No, because he had to go out. He won twenty games I think three times after having that surgery. He had to prove that it would be successful.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 10: Don't look at it that way, but that's fair.
Speaker 13: I mean, if you wanted to say that, that's a little addendum fan, Now, he's never going to get in. But I'll tell you the guy that I can't understand that's not in the Hall of Fame, and that's Garvey. How is Steve Garvey not in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: He won an.
Speaker 13: MVP, He's a three forty eight hitter in the postseason. He's a two ninety four lifetime hitter. He had that consecutive game streak. He dominated the Cubs in the eighty five player in the eighty four playoffs when they got to the World Series. He was a mainstay on a very good Dodger team for what ten twelve years? He won an MVP, he had two hundred hits a million times. How is Tony Perez is in the Hall of Fame and that Steve Garvey?
Speaker 10: How the hell is that possible? That's ridiculous. Garvey hit three point forty dan in postseason playing. He was in the postseason every year.
Speaker 2: But you know what, if you talk to the Reds to a man and you said, the games on the line, you want somebody up, they give you Tony pres Johnny Bench will tell you that they all looked at at Doggie and uh, you know Tony Press, and that was the guy that they wanted up in a clutch moment.
Speaker 13: That says, but the Dodgers. You would you could say the same thing about Garby, but the Dodgers. It's true that because they don't like Garby.
Speaker 2: And he's a ten time All Star. I have no problem with that. Oh, you know what, I gotta go. Caitlin Clark wants you to talk about see you, buddy, Christopher mad Dog Russo it's the verdict.
Speaker 4: It's Brady Belichick to night ten Eastern on Vice TV.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Steve Garvey, longtime Dodger first baseman. He looked and felt like a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you know, once again, I don't crunch these numbers for the Hall of Fame. But a ten time All Star and MVP playing in a big market winning World series. Yeah, Paulin, how do you go to eight straight All Star Games and not go to the Hall of Fame without You don't even have to go to the stats of that juncture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eight Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if there's another person in sports who's gone to eight in any sport and not gone. He was top five for MVP five times. Yeah, and like you said, he also completely felt like a star like Dale Murphy from The Braves felt like a superstar.
Speaker 2: Two time MVP back to back, a former catcher. They made a center fielder.
Speaker 6: We should overthink these things.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: You know what, here's something that they should overthink these commercials when I see Gronk and the USAA and the premise of the commercial is that he's going to rip off veterans to get benefits for himself. He doesn't directly say that he doesn't, but he's trying to get away with not being a veteran. Could you imagine they propose this and they go grunk, got an idea. Now, you didn't serve in the military, but you want to get their benefits and you're somehow going to circumvent the system.
Speaker 5: That sounds really great to me. That sounds great, sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And I think we're in what year four or five? This still doesn't get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, Patrick Mahomes, here's the idea. Okay, Okay, despite being worth like a billion dollars, you're actually so cheap that you're going to get a part time job at a sneaker store just so you could get the discount on those sneakers rather than pay for it with the hundreds of millions of dollars you've made. What do you think that sounds great?
Speaker 4: I love that idea for the commercial. That sounds great.
Speaker 6: Simultaneously, he's trying to get save money on his home insurance with Steve.
Speaker 4: And then hey, Tom Brady, how about subway sandwiches?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't eat that, I know, I know, but it would be a great thing that you you know, you'll be a subway sandwich endorser.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I would love to know the commercials that Peyton Manning has turned down, if he's turned down any of them.
Speaker 5: I get the sense that Peyton Manning is like, Okay, here's the idea. Okay, right, how about my idea? I think this is going to be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're both brothers and former quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: What if you got my brother Eli in and we can make a joke about how we're both quarterbacks, And then but I'm older and he's younger.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 5: Okay, great, here's a million dollars. You know, I'm a little tired of the brother thing. What are the Watts doing? Maybe we could get the Kelsey's. Okay, pays to be brothers these days. Jason Kelsey's got a lot of commercials. They got a few of them on there. All righty, here we go with the best available head coaching gig Todd. The best vacancy right now is Zoo.
Speaker 11: Hoping he'll turn the corner and I continue to go the wrong way with Trevor Lawrence. There, I'm gonna go Jacksonville Jaguars. Oh, the best available head coach present, sunshine.
Speaker 4: Seat, no counter? Oh dear.
Speaker 5: Well, we actually have this up as a poll quest, and do you want to know the audience vote best available?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: Right now the Jaguars have forty four percent of that. Do you want to know who people think is the worst available job?
Speaker 4: The Jets?
Speaker 5: J Ets je Jets just five percent. Nobody wants that gig. You know, I I kind of feel like the Cowboys are the best available job.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not.
Speaker 5: I think I'm going to say the Cowboys.
Speaker 11: All right, Marvin, I'm with Seaton I was gonna say the Cowboys only because to me they have the most talented roster.
Speaker 4: But we've heard that for the last twenty years. But Paul.
Speaker 6: By default don't love any of them. The Jaguars, oh yeay, yye YEI. I don't know if there's a right answer here. I mean, there's a reason those jobs are all available.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, Todd, if you're hopefully for more immediate success, My eyes went to the Jaguars and Saints based on the divisions therein and the chance of being competitive sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the Commanders are good and the Eagles are good. We don't know if the Giants are going to be good again, and the Cowboys might be the third best team.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit the polp questions, a little bit like which tastes better a crap sandwich or a vomit sandwich.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, I'm going to say the Cowboys job is the best opening. I mean, at least have CD Lamb Michael Parsons and a good quarterback Dak Prescott, and maybe an owner who will Now they do draft pretty well. I just you know, they have to be all in unlike they were last year.
Speaker 4: When they were all in. But I would say you're still coaching the Cowboys. Something to be said for that.
Speaker 2: Rick Neuheisel, he'll join us coming up, will recap the national title game, what he thinks will happen in the offseason with college football as we head towards his super conference. Two Hours in the Books, One more to go on this Tuesday Dan Patrick Show.