Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on this Tuesday. Come on in, stay awhile, gangs all here, including Fritzy phone calls. Always welcome. Good morning those watching on Peacock, our streaming partner. You get to watch this show if you like. You get to put faces to the voices here. You've been warned. We also say good morning to our radio affiliates numbering over four hundred cities in America that carry this previously award nominated program. We don't even get nominated anymore. Celtics handled the Cabs up three to one, should put them away on Wednesday night. I don't think that Donovan Mitchell is going to be able to play in that game. He didn't play last night. Thunderbeat the Mavericks. That series tied to two games apiece. Shay Gilgis Alexander went for thirty four. He is sort of the next version hold on here of Kevin Durant from the standpoint of he's bringing the mid range jumper back SGA mid range jumpers. You know, Kevin Durant has made a career out of the mid range jumpers, but SGA when you're watching. He is very, very efficient. That fifteen eighteen foot area there he owns it had thirty four and they made their free throws, something Dallas did not do. I spent way too much time talking about free throws in the first hour. OKC was twenty three to twenty four. Dallas was twelve of twenty three fifty two percent. So thunder over the maps. That series tied at two games apiece. A couple of game fives. They're called pivotal. It's pacers at the Knicks. The Knicks are a slight favorite, and the Timberwolves at the Nuggets. The Nuggets are a slight favorite in that one. Well, check in with the Detroit Lions. They locked up. Jared Goff got a contract extension. I wasn't surprised that he got an extension. I was surprised at the amount of money that they gave him because he had one year left. I don't know what kind of leverage he had. They've already spent a lot of money with Penny Sewell, their great offensive linemen and Aman Ross Saint Brown. They're great wide receiver. Seatan how about a poll question for hour or two? I did check in with Mike Florio said, what's the leverage with Jared Goff And he said, well, maybe maybe he would have held out with OTAs. All right, Setan, what do you have? And I do have the odds this is according to DraftKings to win the Super Bowl. The Chiefs are a slight favored over the Niners. Then it's the Ravens the Chiefs and Ravens will open up the season. Then it's the Lions. And here's the surprise. The Buffalo Bill's odds are the same as it's the Detroit Lions. Plus twelve hundred Ravens plus nine hundred Niners plus six hundred Chiefs are plus five fifty. So a little bit surprised with all the upheaval turnover in Buffalo, but here they are with the same odds as the Lions.
Speaker 3: All right, Seatan, all right, you're ready, yep, all right, So we had up there. What game you most interested in tonight? Knicks, Pacers, Timberwolves, Nuggets, feversn Right now, twenty two percent have fever Son running away with it. Timberwolves Nuggets. Okay, it's a strong, strong series.
Speaker 2: But if I take that one out and I just have the Knicks, Pacers.
Speaker 3: Looks like Nick Pacers is running away with that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I want to be watching when Caitlin Clark makes your debut.
Speaker 4: Heck you Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I saw where USC is going to play Connecticut, So Juju Watkins and Paige Beckers little Home at Home sign me up for that all in made for TV. Love it? That'll be great? All right? What else do you have? Seaton?
Speaker 3: Well with Jared Goff getting paid, it's just a massive contract extension. There are five quarterbacks that are up next. We have Dak Prescott, who seems to always be up for a contract.
Speaker 2: Somehow, it always seems to do well when he's up for a contract.
Speaker 3: Yes, no matter when, who signs what contract? Whenever you're like, well, you know, that's good news for Dak. Yeah, How the hell is this dude always sided the contract?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Bet on himself, man, betting on himself.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So you got Dak, you got Purdy, Yeah, you got Brock Perdy who uh, he might become the highest paid quarterback in the league. It's possible.
Speaker 2: I go, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he has another MVP caliber year that you're gonna have to cough up a hell of a lot of money for that youngster.
Speaker 2: Proof should it's where you get drafted the team, not necessarily you know what pick, but what team you go to and what weapons you have.
Speaker 3: So you got Party and Dak Tua Tua another he's a twenty twenty UH draft class.
Speaker 2: Trevor.
Speaker 3: He to good enough to get you to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He seems to be a little not shaky, but there certainly were some injury concerns there kick a play uh Trevor Lawrence. He's underwhelmed, but he's still a very good quarterback. He's up for a new deal. Jordan Love, he's entering the fifth year of his rookie deal. He seems to be the guy he's going to need to get paid. Yeah, who are you paying of those? I'll take dac out. Who are you paying of the for Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Tua or Rock Party?
Speaker 2: Who would I pay first? Right? Or who would I pay the most amount to? Oh? Boy, I I'd say none of them.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spend sixty million dollars on any of these guys?
Speaker 3: What Tua you got gonna throw it to brock shot, No world, No no, what, No, No, he's a good quarterback on a really good team. Well you gotta pay. So first of all, we should just make it clear every single one of them is getting paid. Yes, every single one of them is absolutely getting paid.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Would I feel comfortable with them, No, but that's what the market bears. Yes, Pump, it.
Speaker 6: Does feel like every single one of them is going to get the full boat and not the Mitch Trubisky treatment where they say, like we've seen it when we out like to of last year forty six hundred yards, twenty nine touchdowns. By the way, no concussions, no miss games due to injury, which is the big kicker with him to his a year ago.
Speaker 4: That was a big question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but too it seems like a comfort thing too. Yeah, Like I'm guessing Mike McDaniels likes him at quarterback, and it's like, nah, that's my guy. I'm comfortable with him. Let's get him paid. He knows how to run my offense and he runs it well. Tyreek Hill can make a lot of people look good. Heck yeah, he's making a lot of people rich.
Speaker 2: And uh Jalen Waddle and then now they got obj so to probably going to put up good numbers. But if it came down to all of these quarterbacks, if I said, right game on the line, who do you want? You know, Jordan Love, who I like. I was in the minority, but I did like him, and he played great, won a game in Dallas, could have won the game against the Niners. I just don't know if I don't have a big enough sample size. Uh, Tua, Dak Perdy, Trevor game on the line. You're in a title game, game on the line. But see, here's the thing. We factor in the talent. So I would probably say Rock Purdy because of the talent around him, and you know, the head coach, I probably side with him over the other other quarterbacks just because of the talent. And you got an offensive minded head coach there. Because Dallas, I don't have a lot of confidence in Mike McCarthy Tua, although I love the coach, Jordan Love. Jordan Love might be my second choice there. I mean I like him, and then Trevor. I'm just never quite sure, even though you know you're head coach of former quarterback. I just I keep waiting for him to be great, and he might just be very good. Here's some numbers here. So Jared Goff got paid and his numbers were really good last year. Thirty touchdowns, twelve interceptions through for almost forty six hundred yards, So they had better stats than Mahomes and Josh Allen, C. J. Stroud as well. Warren Sharp has some comparison. So since the trade Stafford and Golf, Stafford goes to the rams, Golf goes to the lines. Since the twenty twenty one trade, who has more wins? Golf or Stafford? If you said it's a tie, you'd be correct twenty four Who has a better completion percentage? If you said tie, you'd be right sixty six percent. If you said who has committed more turnovers? And if you said a tie, you'd be correct forty one turnovers. No, I'm not done yet. More Yes, how about first down first downs per attempt? If you said tie, you'd be correct thirty five point two percent of the time they get a first down per attempt. How about yards after the catch completion? Jared Goff five point five, Matthew Stafford five point five. Here's the only difference the number of touchdown passes since twenty twenty one. Matthew Stafford or Jared Goff. Who has more Jared Goff seventy eight, Matthew Stafford seventy five. Stat of the day, that past stat of the day, stat of the day, here comes, here comes that what stad of the That's a win win, that's a win win. That's where if you graded it right after, you're gonna go, oh my gosh. The Rams got the better of this. They didn't want Golf, they didn't want his contract, they got rid of him. You got Matthew Stafford. He can be the final piece, the missing piece, and you win a super Bowl. But that's why you can't grade it in the moment. If you do, it's an incomplete and then now a couple of years later, if you're going to grade that trade, Rams got their super Bowl. Lions have a really good team. They went to the NFC title game, could have won that game, and they just signed up Jared Goff and they got three first round draft picks. With those first round draft picks, the Lions selected.
Speaker 6: Jamison Williams, a wide receiver who's coming along Jamiir Gibbs, the running back, tight end Sam Laporto, with a second round draft pick, and three other defensive starters. Three draft picks that became defensive starters.
Speaker 4: They got a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so win win, man, you might tip the scales. Even though the Rams won a Super Bowl. I mean, the Lions are set up for quite some time, young man. That's a young team. Yeah, Jared Golf seems like he's just he's the older guy on the team. Everybody else is like twenty three. Yeah, Golf's twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like, yeah, everybody's twenty three, twenty four, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Now I'm worried about the Lions because they might go from like a lovable team to what if? What if they kind of strike out the next two seasons and year three of this, come on, lines, we gotta do it, because we don't. We took off the the kid gloves with the Bills where they were a que story, like I'm so happy they're good again. Now it's come on, let's do it. When's that gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Well, how long do you stay a cute story before we then now expect you to be good? Five months? No, it feels like it's at least a season or two where you're like, ah, you know what I like this team, they're you know, kind of spunk. You know, they're gritty, they hang in there. It's like two years and all of a sudden, now the Lions is like, all right, let's go. Let's see if you can go back to the NFC title game. Here, Yes, Todd, how did you not go twelve and five?
Speaker 7: You're gonna get killed.
Speaker 2: The schedule will be released coming up tomorrow. We do know that the Chiefs, we will start out their season with the AFC North. They have the Ravens and then the Bengals.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul Jared Goff last year, what he was making probably like twenty three to twenty four million, which believe or not as lowish for a quarterback when you throw for thirty touchdowns or an overachiever. This year, if he goes down down the list twenty five touchdowns, oh you got the money and now you're not.
Speaker 4: Producing, even if he just cools off a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Mahomes didn't have a great year last year. Like when you think, oh my god, I mean his regular season. Those aren't crazy stats that he put up. Yes, yes, Tom, And there is something.
Speaker 9: To be said for a bigger and bigger target is on your back besides the field, good story. You're not that sneaky Q team either that like everyone made fun of. Now this is more than a legitimate team that everyone's coming after.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 8: And then after that the Texans will be that team. Not next year but the year after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Texans still are in the honeymoon stage. We're like, oh man, we like the Texans. They're fun, but the expectation level is going to be pretty high. Andrew in Washington, Hi, Andrew, what's on your mind? Good morning Dan.
Speaker 10: Then it's thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 11: I'm going to pivot back to basketball. Last night, I thought the ok See thunder showed some maturity, even though the youngest team in the league to come back again to Dallas. The stat out of that game that I saw it was the first time the Dallas Mavericks lost a home playoff game with a double digit halftime lead. Before last night's lost, they were seventeen. And oh but I really called to see if Todd is all the way back. I noticed yesterday he was kind of off his game. He had a three day weekend. We talked about the R word before his three day weekend, and he didn't even book. The best guest yesterday? Who was debbiean Long Island. I hope she calls back with an update on the fog she hasn't met yet.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, thank you Andrew. Yeah. I didn't even bring up relegation yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah. He was very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was.
Speaker 7: I might give her the edge two over Wally's herbier fair.
Speaker 2: I thought she might have had more analysis about the Knicks than Wally. Did you know? Pretty great? Yeah, it was a great appearance. Yes, yeah, she was like a three time member of the dead Dad club, or a dad who's dead to her, or dad that she doesn't know who he is finding out maybe that the dad she thought was her dad was not her dad. It was you know, it felt like a date line. It felt like a date line NBC on an All Knew Morey. No, it definitely felt like no, no, no, this is deeper than more deeper. This is a mystery. Kirk Morrison. Uh, who who's my man?
Speaker 8: That does the voice? Keith Morrison Morrison? Yeah, yeah, sorry, how many dads can you have?
Speaker 2: He would always leave you hanging when they went to commercial. Remember father number three? Yeah, it was always that, like just one line and then it would be you know, a piece of video or a still shot of something, or a swing would be swinging and nobody.
Speaker 4: Yea Father's Day is getting expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, father's Day?
Speaker 7: How many Stacy just went to get cotton candy at the carnival? Where is she? Nobody can find her?
Speaker 2: Well, that that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Dad, there's just the creepiness of the Yeah.
Speaker 2: When we were talking about you've provided the creepiness. Thank you, Yes, Mark. Maybe she went with her father? Which which one do we get debby something for Father's Day? Send her something next year she finds out, Let's see if she finds out who her dad is. And you know, how many dads does she have? How about a three for one deal by one? Yeah, three dads get one shirt. Okay, when we come back, we'll check in with the they still feel good story. How are the expectation.
Speaker 12: Levels in Detroit? Take a break back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 13: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour? I'll tell you it's a spin off of it Ben Mather Show, a cult hit overnights on FSR.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen? Picture if you will?
Speaker 13: A world where we chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maler on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Check in with the Lions here coming up. More phone calls as well. Age seven to seven three DP show email address, Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle piece show DraftKings has the betting lines the Piecers getting two and a half against the Knicks and the Timberwolves are getting four against the Nuggets. Kind of surprised the Timberwolves only getting four. I thought that might have been six six and a half. Anthony Edwards over under is the same as the Jokers twenty nine and a half. The key will be Karl Anthony Towns. He's at eighteen and a half over under. Jamal Murray over under twenty one and a half and Jalen Brunson over under thirty two and a half. So some of the betting lines of Reggie Miller will join us. Coming up next down. Let me see Tom in North Carolina. Tom, Welcome to the program, adp Ayman.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think we can correctly assume that the Dallas and Detroit are probably going to be in the next two high profile games to be released. Okay, so I'm thinking, well, I'm actually wondering how Tom Brady could actually play in that because not playing the game, but actually be involved in maybe the decision because Tampa plays at Dallas and at Detroit.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so the schedule released with Tom Brady's first game will be the Cowboys and the Browns for Fox. That'll be interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious how he sounds.
Speaker 14: You know that.
Speaker 2: I keep hearing that he's preparing. And nothing prepares you until you go and do a game like the crowd, the noise. You got to get used to that wearing a headset and you know your your partner there, the play by play guy. Just getting used to the ambiance is really going to be the difficult part. Using a telestrator, do I watch the screen the monitor? Do I watch the game. All of those things now, then you start to settle in. But it will be a learning experience for Tom this first year of just understanding, because you can be in a booth calling a game, but it's sterile when you get out there and all of a sudden there'll be a crowd down below yelling at you while you're, you know, doing your job. You know, this is what happens the Detroit Lions. I looked at the odds, according to DraftKings, odds to win the Super Bowl, Chiefs, Niners, Ravens, then it's the Lions and the Bills. Dave Burquette, Lions beat writer for the Detroit Free Press, what do you think of those odds? Now? The expectation level just ramped up a little bit here, Dave.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 15: Dan.
Speaker 16: You know, I walked away from that first day of the draft, you know, I was taking my son to school the next day and I told them, maybe it's a little draft euphoria out of them getting a really good cornerback, but I think they might represent the NFC in the Super Bowl next year. A really complete roster, one of the best in the game, and really good coaching staff. That developed some young players, so tougher schedule, but I like what they've done.
Speaker 2: And they signed up they're star players, I mean, Penny Sewell and i'mon Ross Saint Brown. And then we knew Golf was going to get paid, or at least we thought, what did you make of the contract that he got?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, four hundred and forty four million dollars to their three best players this offseason Jared Goff, I'm and Ross Saint Brown, Piney Sewell, three pillars of what they hoped to accomplish here. Plus they resigned Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes too extensions, so no real surprises keeping that group together. And look, the money for Golf, I don't think it's much of a surprise. You know, maybe I expected closer to fifty million, But the reality is the Lions would not be where they are without him. You know that trade that they made a couple of years ago, Jared, he didn't play great when he came. The Lions weren't a great team that first year, but he's been really really good since in the Lions offense has been really really good since And without him, without that offensive line, without I'm and Rossaint Brown, I don't think this team is as high in those odds as you talked about earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just wondering that you look at Golf's contract and he didn't have any leverage here, did he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 16: I mean, look, he was going to be entering the last year of his deal. You know, this this year was going to be the last year of his deal. But I think it was a situation from the Lions standpoint, like they've got a really good thing going right now, why.
Speaker 2: Upset the apple cart?
Speaker 16: You know, they they wanted to get it done. As Brad Holmes said this week or last week, you know, Jared is deserving of an extension, and certainly the way the cap has gone up, I don't think this money will hamstring him or hamstring them. And in terms of what they want to do in the.
Speaker 2: Future, well, when's the last time the Lions had this kind of expectations?
Speaker 16: Not in my lifetime. I mean, you know, maybe nineteen ninety one, ninety two, Right, they were coming off that nineteen ninety one season, they made the NFC Championship game. Barry Sanders at the top of his game. You know, they were certainly one of the best teams in that year. But you look at that offseason. You know, they had lost Mike Guttley the end of the season before Eric Handelsack, another offensive lineman, died that offseason in a tragic x and outside his home, so there wasn't I don't think any offseason has really, you know, measured up to this one in terms of coming off a really good year and then then seemingly taking the next step at least doing the right things in the draft by locking up key players. Even in free agency, Dan, you know, they maybe they're a little thin at receiver, but look they they made an upgrade on the defensive line. You know when they signed DJ Reader. They they stayed at least even on the offensive line when they added Kevin Zeidler to Phil Jonah Jackson's use the guard. So really complete roster, good young guys that are still developing. I think this team is is for good reason, one of the considered one of the best.
Speaker 7: In the NFL.
Speaker 2: Uh Any worries about the Packers.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Look, I mean the schedule is going to be tougher. They play a first place schedule, The division is going to be tougher. I think the Bears are going to be better this year. Certainly the way Green Bay finished last year and the way Jordan Loves has played his you know, first season as a starter, it's not going to be a cake one for the Lions. And you know, if you're if you're looking at some of those odds and who represents the NSC in the super maybe.
Speaker 5: The Lions are living team that one.
Speaker 16: So maybe maybe that's something that.
Speaker 2: Dave good to join us. Thank you for joining us, and uh, we'll talk to you once season get started.
Speaker 16: Gotta do anytime.
Speaker 2: That's Dave Burquette, Lions beat writer, Detroit Free Press. Uh the wind. He was outside, so just in case you were wondering joining us from outside time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's got some work done inside his homeyone was interested in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh like installation. Do we have any details?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do we have it? Is there a general contractor there?
Speaker 9: I think there's a few people there, some trucks in the marketing right in front of the hut exterminator.
Speaker 2: I thought he was joined is from Lions camp or something, or you know, outside the Lions building there. I thought, all right, and I like this, and then I realized that he was there wasn't anything in the background other than suburbia.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 7: That's all his land, A few acres there.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Paul at NFL network is playing replaying a lot of playoff games from last year, an important.
Speaker 2: Game, yeah, because they have no other programming on there.
Speaker 4: No, that's basically it.
Speaker 2: What happened to my NFL network.
Speaker 4: It's like MTV, they just replay old stuff.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 6: I watched back the fourth quarter of the Detroit Lions versus San Francisco playoff game.
Speaker 4: They had it.
Speaker 6: I mean, if I were Alliance fan, I would have borderline been shopping for tickets.
Speaker 4: To go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: At one point in fourth quarter, it looked like they were going, Oh man, that's a hard one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Mark, look going through the Las Vegas airport seeing people with Detroit Lions gear on. Because I'm sure, just like you, PAULI those fans at halftime, Oh we're going to Vegas, especially Vegas. Yeah, like the first of ball was in Vegas. And just see the look on their faces. I felt bad.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Barry and Sena fect. Good morning, Barry, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Good morning Sarlos, Good morning chat Bro, Happy pre birthday, Dan, I have a little have a little intel on the Neil Young show. You're gonna go see. I saw him in Phoenix a few weeks ago. The old solb to rock Still. However, just be prepared that all the songs are crazy horse songs, so it's no Southern Man, no Alabama, no Ohio, no Sugar Mountain, and be prepared for jams. But it was still a great show.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he opens up with a like a fifteen or seventeen minute jam Cortes the Killer. I'm not a jam band guy, but it is Neil Young. My wife got me tickets, so I'm going to go get to get to see him.
Speaker 3: Still fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's Neil Young. Yeah. I saw Crosby Stills in Nash, but I didn't see Crosby Stills Nashing. Yeah, Neil had gone off on it on his own, but he really very very art guy. I've seen like a solo like acoustic up in his hometown in Canada. Did that and it sounded great. You know, it's just a unique sound that that he has that ability to write music, and you know he had the sweet Home Alabama like he had his Southern Man when he took a shot at Lyonard Skinnard and I checked, and Leonard Skinnard actually was a warm up band for Neil Young at some point on one of his tours a long, long, long time ago. And then Neil put out Southern Man, and then they came back with sweet Home Alabama that you know that we don't need you around any anyhow with Neils Yeah, yeah, it was a dis tracked by truck, Yeah by Leonard Skinner hardcore, yes, yeah, very oh yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Since it's southern, be more of like a diss truck, you know, Okay, Southern, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you?
Speaker 4: Who opened for who on that one? Who opened for who? Leonard Skinner opened for Neil? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jonathan in Texas? Hi, Jonathan, what's on your mind today? Dana?
Speaker 15: Coincidentally enough, I drive a truck. Thanks for the shout out, Poali, but no second time, medium time, uh five nine and three quarters in fifteen.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 15: I just had a hypothetical update for the caller yesterday about the dad and whatnot. And you know, I just had a thought that if if if she showed up and she said hi, I'm your daughter, and he's like, no, I don't have a daughter. Todd would be like, we weren't even sure she should have shown up.
Speaker 5: Showed up?
Speaker 2: Wow, Jonathan, nice callback.
Speaker 7: And he may have been on hold for quite some time there.
Speaker 2: No, he was on hold for sixteen minutes. Don Marvin, have you found Ton?
Speaker 7: He wasn't even sure if he should have shown up. I just got my braces on on that day. I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Now, that's when you said, you guys edited that. I go, No, we didn't.
Speaker 9: I was very frightening to hear that. Even to hear it again, now that's frightening. Yes, sounds like I'm having some kind of episode.
Speaker 2: Let me hear it again.
Speaker 9: He wasn't even sure if he should have shown up. That's like more than a speech of pedim it.
Speaker 5: That's like, did you.
Speaker 2: Did you have your retainer?
Speaker 9: It sounded like I had some kind of orthodontal domchic work done.
Speaker 2: Any relation to Luca, Don.
Speaker 7: Lucas, that's terrible.
Speaker 2: That should sound like that's his brother ortho orthodonture. Let me hear one more time.
Speaker 9: Mark, he wasn't even sure if he should have shown up. Stunning to listen back to you.
Speaker 2: Need to have a spit bucket.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: I could have gotten so much joy out of just that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, but it.
Speaker 3: Makes me laugh exactly who we are, Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: That would be in a nutshow.
Speaker 7: Funny, but it's disturbing too. Yeah, it sounds like there's a medical.
Speaker 2: Issue disturbingly funny. That's us, Yes, it does.
Speaker 6: That was about two ish years ago, and it does seem like Todd's avoided those situations the past year.
Speaker 4: So it's like he's improved as a game.
Speaker 2: And then well, I think he's choosing words differently.
Speaker 9: I gotta be more cognizant of it. And you remind me about fifteen times a day you make that noise in and.
Speaker 4: Out of the studio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in and out of the studio is a sneaky line there.
Speaker 7: He wasn't even sure if he should have shown up all those essays at once.
Speaker 5: I know, I.
Speaker 9: Cannot believe that wasn't doctored. And somewhere in the back it was. That's the frightening part of it.
Speaker 2: It was not you need to be doctored.
Speaker 7: I do. I should schedule appointment as soon as that.
Speaker 2: Eric in Virginia. Good morning, Eric. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning Dan.
Speaker 2: How are you big? Great?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 10: Good? Yeah, No, I actually just wanted to weigh on the Seinfeld thing. First of all, thank you for not liking Seinfeld. That show is one of uh that show.
Speaker 17: Drives me crazy. Seinfeld is one of the most overrated comedians ever. I will also like to add that I love curbyr. Enthusiasm, which is one of the greatest shows ever. The biggest difference between Curby Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld is there's no Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's just people will use it everyday life that reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. I mean, it was such a huge hit. I just I didn't really watch it because I was doing Sports Center and then, you know, I would see, you know, be recorded for me, and I'd watch and I'd go, okay. I mean the characters, I thought, what Jerry That was brilliant was the show's name Seinfeld. He made everybody around him funnier than him. He allowed them to be funnier than him. I mean Kramer and George, I mean Elaine, they were funnier than him, or at least the show was written that way. Now he does get all the credit because it's like Johnny Carson The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. If you're funny on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Johnny still gets credit even though you were hysterical. But Seinfeld, you know, he's good, He's just not my kind of comedian. Yes, yes, I see.
Speaker 3: Not comparing everyday life situations to a Seinfeld episode. It's like a habit you have to break. You have to consciously be aware of I'm not going to do that anymore. Because the show applied to so many different situations that five times a day you could be like, oh, that's like that time's Heeinfeld, when you have to actually consciously say, I'm not going to be that guy. I'm not going to do that anymore. Don't do that, just remove it out of your vocabulary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's hard even watching that movie What is it Unfrosted? Is that the story about pop tarts? And I started watching it, but you still see Jerry Seinfeld. I mean it's I mean, it's an indelible mark that he left in TV history. So when you see him, you see an episode of Seinfeld, which is what it feels like I haven't gotten through that movie. I'm like twenty five minutes in, although I did like Jim Gaffigan a lot.
Speaker 6: Yes, sometimes if you're on a show like that, you're basically stuck with that show the rest of your life. You have one monstrous hit. But Julia Luis Dreyfus with VIEP, she topped herself. I mean that show was she was the focal point of VIEP and she was fantastic. I don't know how many awards she won, but that's as good as anything I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: That team.
Speaker 2: Well, that's as good at writing as I've ever heard on a comedy show. Correct. Veep has layer like you might get a line and then they already got another line in there, and you're like, wait a minute. You almost have to be able to rewind just to be able to get all the lines. Veep is spectacular. Like that level of comedy and that writing and the timing her delivery awesome, awesome, All right, let me take a break, get some more phone calls coming up. Reggie Miller will join us. Did Reggie take a shot at Lebron James the other night in the Minnesota Timberwolves gain Well, ask Reggie about that.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Is this Family Times?
Speaker 7: Indeed it is.
Speaker 8: We're talking about TV shows And I was like, this is the greatest theme song ever.
Speaker 2: I know, Marvin did say that. It surprised me that you really feel that this is a great song.
Speaker 8: So I love it because it's the blackest song to the whitest show.
Speaker 2: Are there other examples of that? Succession?
Speaker 8: I was like, man, somebody can rap over this.
Speaker 3: Okay? Succession theme was great? Yeah, really good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like the kind of theme song that when you heard it start, you got amped everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, this show's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: Well, Michael J. Fox, you know, he.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of bangers, man, Mike. Mike had a couple of great, great series that he was in, uh, Spin City, and then of course the Back to the Future franchise.
Speaker 6: Y asked Paul, I read a story a while back about Michael J. Fox and he was on Family Ties and it was going well, and he wanted to be in Back to the Future and they couldn't work it out. They couldn't loan him out for it. So I think everyone's heard this. They went with Eric Stoltz and it didn't work out. With Eric Stults. They had actually shot for a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks and he was shooting Family Ties and Back to the Future at the same time. So he would go from one, be done at five, and then he'd work all night. They'd be sleeping in the car, sleeping on the set. I mean, that was the That was a big deal for Michael J. Fox. There's a documentary that's on Michael J. Fox that's really good. Reggie Miller the other night Minnesota against Denver, and I remember hearing Red say it. I'm going I think that has to do with Lebron James, Yes, Marvin Yeah.
Speaker 8: So to give us some back context, so REGGI Miller was talking about Anthony Edwards saying, you know what, he's taking the blame. Yeah, and then he goes into what he said about you know who.
Speaker 18: Yes, we've got veteran status at our game. A lot of people from Mount Rushmore the like to deflect and point fingers that other here's a twenty two year old saying this.
Speaker 7: Is my moving gets a Mark flack.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is Mount Rushmore. Doesn't take long go through the rolodex of people on the Mount Rushmore active. So it could be Durant. I guess you could put Steph in there, but he hasn't pointed fingers. Or it could be Lebron James. I don't think we need to take a vote. I would say that that is directed at Lebron James. We'll talk to Reggie about that. I'm surprised that he Okay, you want to say. You know what I love about ant Man, he takes blame this on him. He's twenty two years of age and I got a lot of respect for that. You don't even need to go to Mount Rushmore deflecting.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Lebron is a finger point you know, pointing guy blaming everybody. I don't know if that's his reputation that I mean, is he passive aggressive? I mean, he's a lot of things, but I don't know if he's not taking any blame for Darvinham, is that what it is, or David Blatt or whoever else or other players players that he wanted, So we'll talk to Reggie about that. By the way, Bronnie James had a good day yesterday at the combine. By all accounts, a lot better shooter than people thought, and he's a lot bigger. He's gain probably ten to fifteen pounds since the season ended. Now here's one I think he's he's not even six two. I think he's six one and a half. So that's one of those where they go he's six three, and I go, I don't think he's sixty three, and then they measured him and he's six to one, and expect him to be six three. Yes when he gets by the time he's drafted, he'll be six three. Lebron will stretch you. But he had a pretty good day at the combine there. Another person who had a great day was Red Shepherd. Read Shepherd's vertical forty two inches. So that's a shooting guard and a jumping guard as well, and a very good shooter. He'll probably be a top five pick the Kentucky guard. But Bronni had a good day. Now I don't know. Here's Lebron in Cleveland. It shows up. Make sure everybody see him and his wife walk in middle of the first quarter and here they come. We're supposed to read something into that. I did, because everything with Lebron there's something that you read into it, because he doesn't just go you know what, Savan, what do you think we go to the game? Oh this late? Yeah, yeah, I'll call, We'll get tickets. If you wanted to go and you didn't want anybody to know you were there or didn't want to create fanfair, you probably getting a swede. He's front row. I must be in the front row. So he's a free agent. He's got a better chance to go to the NBA Finals in the East than he does in the West. Cleveland's a young team. Could you get Cleveland two draft your son? Lebron would then come home bookend his career coming back to Cleveland one more time. I like the now. I don't think Donovan Mitchell is going to be there next year, at least I haven't gotten that feeling this year. There's been a lot of people speculating on that, and then with this injury, and I don't know if he's going to play Wednesday night, probably not. But could you see where Lebron goes? Oh I got some now if Donovan, Mitchell Stays, Garland Mobley, Jared Allen. Okay, they have some pieces there, and then if you had somebody like Lebron there as well. But it does this make the Lakers nervous? So what are the Lakers going to do other than maybe we package these three first round picks and we go out and get somebody. But that team is kind of in the middle. I mean, they're struggling to be a play in team. Well, and if you look at the East, are you worried about the Heat? You're worried about the Sixers? Are you worried about the Magic? You're worried about?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Who you worried the Celtics obviously by the way, you know Atlanta might move on from Trey Young as well, and maybe maybe Tray Young in San Antonio? How about that with Victor Wemben Yama Tray Young helping Orlando's three point shooting woes. Just some chatter, just some chatter? Are you hearing just chatter now? I'm not hearing just some chatter, well chatter last night?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes see, I would have thought that after getting the number one overall pick in this year's draft, they're less likely to move Trey Young. Now you have somebody that you could pair with your star that's going to be another theoretically high value guy, adding a whole different element to the team. I would have thought that he would have.
Speaker 7: This is the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if de Jonte Murray and Trey that that that that has worked, and maybe you could get a lot for Trey Young.
Speaker 6: We got a guard who's in his prime. He's twenty five, he's everything twenty six and eleven.
Speaker 2: Let's get rid of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get that off our roster.
Speaker 2: Yucko. All right, more phone calls coming up. Reggie Aloisious Miller because he's taken a shot at Lebron. Reg will join us, coming up in about a half hours from now, final hour in this Tuesday straight Ahead